Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Stanbeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg Cross Asset reporter Isabel Lee.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: We'll start with Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's the only green one that I'm talking about. It's up nearly six percent. So ticker is BBY. This is a home retailer company, Okay, and it's in an agreement to buy tokens dot Com to establish an investment in personal finance platform for real estate and Tim's favorite token, red company. Still, you could argue it some meme stock. But I mean, yes, the soaps there are great. Okay, Wait, I know, Okay, So let's wait a minute.
Speaker 5: This is this is the company that's been closing. I only know because there is one in my neighborhood. I used to drive me crazy. You can ask Jason Kelly about this. Because you'd walk in and you'd have to like walk a certain way because you'd have to walk through the.
Speaker 3: Different departments and buy more stuff, Carol, and.
Speaker 5: You would get lost and you'd be like and I'd circle around. But they've had in terms of retail stories, they've had a tough time.
Speaker 4: So what I mean, maybe they will move up.
Speaker 1: So the platform will integrate bed Bath and Beyond financial technology and blockchain business, which I know is not widely known to many people. Tokens dot com will be fully owned by bed Bath and Beyond. Platform is expected to be operational by July one. We have Bloomberg Intelligists analyst pun i'm Goyel saying that by expanding its footprint to chokenization, real world asset finance, and digital market infrastructure, they're looking to diversify. Just putting it simply, it's up six percent, so maybe investors are maybe they start selling cars to diversify, or tokenize hand soap.
Speaker 5: Or bunny rabbits or hamsters.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm sorry, I'm pushing to the next.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get in trouble for that, but I know, I just think it's interesting and it you know it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was surprising to me. That's why I really wanted to talk about it.
Speaker 4: And it was a memestock right to some yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Next month, very mobility turns is down by five percent. Earlier, it was down to its lowest inter day level since twenty twenty three. So this comes after Washington Post reported that the Trump administration is restricting cities from using road safety grants for speed cameras. So the Department of Transportation said that the Trump administration will not allow safety dollars to subsidize the purchase of speed cameras. This is interesting as someone who doesn't drive. I mean, I always assume there's just a speed camera everywhere and you should just follow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's very political here in the US, like everything, I guess you could.
Speaker 4: Say, like everything.
Speaker 3: But I'm interested to learn more about this one because it seems like street safety, yes, would include tools like that to deter people from.
Speaker 1: Going to you would think, and proposals will extent of sidewalk curves further into the roadway.
Speaker 4: They're also going to be barred. Sorry, that's I'm still on.
Speaker 5: I was going down the history well, because remember they filed for bankruptcy, they came out of it. They have gone through a bit of a transformation. Kirkland's Home has a strategic partnership I think with them a few years ago. So you know, listen, I want everyone to do well.
Speaker 3: You just you just want to know where you can spend those coupons that remember the coupons use.
Speaker 5: It and you know, it was really lovely, like you could buy something and be like I forgot the cup and they're like, don't worry, just bring back the receipt and they keep on that his fare and they were really lovely about it, and they would just do all the coupons and stuff. And I will say, I bought a lot of stuff there.
Speaker 3: All right, let's I'm going to keep pushing us. I'm just away from bed bathroom.
Speaker 5: I'm really sorry. I'm stuck on that.
Speaker 3: Perhaps we could talk about Disney Disney.
Speaker 4: Tickers d i S stock is down seven percent.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest intry day declined since November after the company gave a tepid outlook. So it also comes as we await for the new leader who will be and you SEEO Disney said, it's challenges is it's attracted. The challenge is attracting international tourists its domestic parks. They also warned of like ongoing calls for sports rights and we know that the bulk of their earnings were delivered by parks and cruises led by a certain Josh Diamarro, which is the leading candidate to replace Bob Biger. I just find it interesting that people go to parks, but I guess, I mean, who won't.
Speaker 5: My god, it's an experience.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: I went with my daughter when she's like eight or nine. I have to say I thought I was going to be like, oh, it's so commercial and so on and so forth. Loved it. When she turned to me and said, Mom, wouldn't be wonderful to live in a castle? I'm like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Will buy it.
Speaker 5: But it was a lot of fun and it was well run.
Speaker 3: Producer Ari a couple of years ago took his.
Speaker 5: Right, right, are you loved it well?
Speaker 4: To be the main cause of venue dress? What is it impressive?
Speaker 5: And what isn't an expensive? But like, people are into experiences, and for kids it was I gotta say it was blast yeah.
Speaker 1: And every course said results were solid, but key Bank said that results are kind of mixed.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I don't know if stock is down by seven percent.
Speaker 5: Ros Gerber said he would like to see Disney split up or he thinks right. That's how you get to the real valuation is put the company into three.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.