Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week Trend edition, A pretty soggy week Trend edition. Here Monday mornings, Sager's Town. I am Jack. That is miles for soggy, both of the locations where we live under flash flood warnings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like most of the.
Speaker 1: City is yeah yeah, yeah, and uh, you know us being resourceful, you know, men who work with our hands.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly, this ship under control.
Speaker 2: Ye threw up some pipeline down there on the roadside to keep the pipeline all the way out my vector. Yeah, you're gonna want that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna want that flow off your vector, man, Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I look at that where the soggy bottom boys, because we've absolutely pissed ourselves.
Speaker 3: And used yeah my job.
Speaker 1: I wake up, you know a couple of times during the night and look out at the road until a car goes by, and if it's driving and not floating, I'm like, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Babe, bro good, it's uh. I mean yeah. For people who don't know, there's it's called the fucking Pineapple Express, I guess is what we're doing. The Spheric River. Yeah, coming up, coming up, down from the Hawaiian Islands area down there. They said something like the amount of water that's being dumped is like the equivalent of like all of the water in the Mississippi River.
Speaker 3: The Mississippi, Yeah, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Angeles, the arid desert of California.
Speaker 1: And you know how dramatic we are about any weather, like we oh, yeah, we'll call an event for you know, my kids school is rained out currently.
Speaker 2: Why is it rained out because of damage done to the school? Like they're like, oh, man, like it's like everything's just flooded or there's no just like we.
Speaker 1: Don't you know how to operate, but when there's when there's water on the road, and I mean our school is not the only one, like the other big school in our neighborhood also uh canceled classes today. So uh it's fun though, you know, our kids didn't really have the experience of snow days up to this point, so it was fun to like break the news to them last night the right classes.
Speaker 3: They were like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: They're like, it's so rainy that everyone that that everyone's become lazy and fearful. I was asking, or you know, her Majesty grew up on the East Coast, and we were talking about like snow days and stuff like that, and I was just thinking of, like I only had one time, Okay, I only school only like shut down twice because of something the earth did. One time there was a store when I was in first grade, and that was because my my school was so poorly built, like the like my classroom, like where the first grade classes were, they just like there was a leak and like just flooded, like it just became like unusable. So that's why I missed it. The other time was the north Ridge quake in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Other than that, net fucking school always fucking happened.
Speaker 3: You're going to school, asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's why I grew up on the like in a lot of places, a lot of different places, but they were generally like on that like midpoint between the North and you know, like Mason Dixon Adjace, and so they were places that would get a lot of snow like every other year and we're just like woefully unprepared for it.
Speaker 3: And so like I had in Dayton.
Speaker 1: When I lived in Dayton, we had like a week straight just off school from it was pretty wild. Like I still remember, like every night we would like sit by the radio as they now school closings.
Speaker 2: It's so like by the radio. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I even got my kids to do. I remembered from like when I was in kindergarten and had a snow day. We like did platt we did we like did at home school with our like stuffed animals. And I suggested that to my kids and it it worked. It, you know, knocked out fifteen minutes this morning of them teaching their stuffed animals before they dropped a lego and all hell broke loose again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I've made that my overrated before. But fucking legos man.
Speaker 4: Well then let's let's see. Let's let's get into it.
Speaker 3: I like the I like the toys that don't break into a thousand pieces. We need to drop them.
Speaker 2: That's why I played with cinder blocks.
Speaker 3: Should we tell the people something we think is under rated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it all right, So my under I guess we were all underrating the spookiness of deer. Hmmm, Like I don't know, So get Out has a spooky deer, and I think that really has been influential because I don't know if you watch Leave the World Behind, but that has like a flock herd of deer that like just like and then Night Country The New True opens with a like deer behaving spookily. I think it's because they're an animal that we think of as like fairly docile, and then to have like have you ever had the experience of a squirrel running at you and steve away from you?
Speaker 3: And it's like really.
Speaker 2: Fucking under Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what where we are with deer. It's just the idea of a deer not running away from you is scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think also just to see a deer do anything other than just like poke its head up from like a like some meadow grass and like hm mmm, anything beyond that, like any sort of aggression or even fucking hard to breathe. If a deer was like I'd be like you doing it's like sorry, I was running kind of breath and I'm like, oh, man just got one arm up on a car holding up his other links. Man took a chuck out of my ass anyway, sorry, gotta Yeah. I think it's just because yeah, I think we're just also served like such a sanitized view of nature all the time, where it's like unless they're just like posing, then you're freaking me the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think it's a combination of like we recognize that the laws of nature have like flipped in some ways that that are like threatening, you know, like with with regards to climate. I also think that this is a secretly a YouTube driven phenomenon because there are videos of deer that are like stalking people.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen those? Like deer that just get I don't know.
Speaker 1: The explanation in the YouTube video, which I'm guessing is not very scientific, is like this deer is really horny for this woman, Like I think there's like something something wrong with the deer or something, and it just like keeps following the person around, and it's like there the second, like the deer is coming at you instead of otherwise, like it really like gives me shivers.
Speaker 2: It's it's interesting because I'm like, you search deer stalking and You're like it's the Scottish pastime of old and I'm like, huh my hat, bro, where I get this cool hat?
Speaker 3: The uh?
Speaker 1: And then there's some like cool just like deer like crashing into a bus, like jumping through a bus.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those and just like going berserker. Those are yeah power Anyways.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's also metal is when you see like those when they have like the horns their antlers, like when like males get their antlers locked and one dies in battle, dude, and then they just have a fucking head like a fucking decomposing skull attacked like locked into their antlers. What. Yes, it's the thing that can happen, Yeah, because one of the fucking deer will succumb in the fucking antler battle. And then if they get locked up, the guys like all right, well I guess you're just coming with me, and somehow you'll see them like where like they actually it's like hard for them to move because they have like they're dragging.
Speaker 1: Because they have a body. Yeah that sounds you know, good in theory, fun in theory. But then you got to drag a body around by your antlers. Yeah, nobody likes that.
Speaker 3: What uh? What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Mile one? Something I think is under Yeah, deer antler, it's it's it's wild, dude, It's its most fucking metal ship when you're like, oh this this is my Yeah, it's just a deer's head, like the deer that you vanquished had, just like staring you in the eyes. Yeah, and again, I don't know if it's deer or.
Speaker 4: Moves. Look, man, I'm not a man.
Speaker 3: I can tell you the difference.
Speaker 4: Like I could look at weed and tell you if it's into cursativa. Okay, but this a little bit harder. I think I think it's underrated.
Speaker 2: Fucking kids snacks they are the ultimate. They're the easiest thing to fucking eat. Oh my god, So you know, full disclosure, the guys child had We had a little birthday Mark Jack came through the family and many other people the show, family, friends, everybody.
Speaker 3: I got some QT.
Speaker 1: But with the QT the number one official QT of l as the child And so, uh.
Speaker 2: What are you supposed to do when, like I feel like you can't show a baby a new like more than one gift every two days or they have they'll be completely fucking overwhelmed. Yeah. Yeah, we got them like an inflatable, like his uncle got him like an inflatable, like little rhinoceros like kind of bounce around on. We showed him that and like another like really simple tool. He was like oh uh yeah and just went for like a balloon.
Speaker 3: Especially at that age, they're just like they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too grateful, I think is the word that's grue that that was actually my overdo.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so I bought a bunch of kids snacks and ship because like I have a lot of friends with kids and things like that, you gotta obviously have the spread there for the kids to snack on. Some of these things, the little the Annie's not the cheddar bunnies, but the birthday cake.
Speaker 1: Cake Graham cracker bunnies, Yo, so good yo. I'm sorry it should be illegal.
Speaker 2: And there's part of me too that was like I had, you know, like I need a little sweet thing like at night after dinner, and I was like, okay, should I have like an ice cream bar or something? And I just looked for some reason, I was like, oh, this thing one hundred and thirty calories in a little bag, and I'm like, I'm like, this is health food. So I ate three yeah, three bags. It didn't work out that bit wanted to, but between that the little I always eat like the baby's little yogurt bites like yogis.
Speaker 1: Like I took a whole like family sized bag or bike from the party.
Speaker 2: No, you you tried to be modest. You're like, I've seen a couple. I'm like, dude, fucking just take the fucking bag. It's unopened, and I'm trying to get home from.
Speaker 3: The little like taking a box of cereal from someone's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that big. That's how baller, hey Jack, that's how baller my parties.
Speaker 3: Hey man, that's right, man.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just take off that whole bag before you And you're like, I was like, yeah, your kids will like him. You're like, right, yes, my my kids to eat these exclusively on their own. But yeah, like the yogurt things, I'm just I don't know. I'm just a fan of I think I have again a child's palate at times, and it really agrees with me.
Speaker 4: And it's like the textures are fun with the yogurt anyway.
Speaker 1: So I gotta tell you, man, on the way home from the party, I was mixing the birthday cake bunnies with the yogurt bites and wonderful mixture.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, And I realized how much it looked. Those birthday cake bunnies were a hit because in like the thirty six pack of things, it was mostly the birthday cake bunnies that were gone.
Speaker 4: People were like, man, fucking Cheddar bunnies.
Speaker 2: The fuck out my face, the fuck out of here. Sorry started the Cheddar bunny.
Speaker 3: But you know we liked you better when you were called goldfish.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we took probably most birthak my family came through. We showed up like an hour late, just took all the snacks and left.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I was wondering what your kids had in those garbage bags they were leaving. I was like, party favor and then her mask. He's like, oh, I think they're just cleaning up. They're such well behaved kids. I might yeah, cleaned the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a couple of those gifts.
Speaker 1: Man. Uh, I'll give you back a couple. They're not really great for five and seven year olds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also like your kids only won, like so probably my kids can probably hang on to it for a little bit longer before your kids be able to use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just break it in for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my overrated I mean, the legos like it, but I think I've done that before, because it's just a whole weekend of anger frustration. Because with other toys, if my five year old plays with my seven year old's toy, is just like that happened and it's over with and they forget about it and it's no big deal. But like, he tried to play with this thing that my seven year old spent like three days putting together, and like the fucking like one side of it broke off, and it's just yeah, I don't know, it's like a booby trap, angst. It's just a booby trap for like arguments and fights. My other overrated people always talk about how easy it is to steal candy from a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's bullshit, man. I know.
Speaker 1: Look, I yes, I got to hold the guys child for the first time. We got along RaRo until we didn't.
Speaker 3: They're like little burglar alarms.
Speaker 1: Man. They they of all the people in the world to steal candy from baby's care the most, they are not easy to I'm gonna say stealing candy from me wouldn't be probably the easiest. Like it's like stealing candy from Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Stealing candy from a non confrontational person. You know, it's like that is exactly what you are. There's no a baby will candy. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah I guess if yeah, I was. Yeah, I probably shouldn't even eat those anyway, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, it's not good for me.
Speaker 1: I was looking for an excuse not to eat it and also looking for excuse not to have a confrontation.
Speaker 2: So you actually helped me. So yeah, banks, babies, they don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Man. They will make you look like a fool again when you're trying to steal candy out of them.
Speaker 2: Not grateful.
Speaker 1: So anyways, but what wonderful time, great to meet the geist child.
Speaker 2: Overrated is our understanding of or at least Angelino's understanding of weather at all? What any of it means? What what the risks are? Like you were saying, Jack, I think a lot of people got the like You're like, oh shit, fucking amber alert or something. It's you know, it's fucking flash. You're in a character code fucking red flash flood thing. And in my mind, I'm expecting like, I don't know. I again, I don't know what the thing is. I don't know what the fuck to expect. When I see that, yeah, and I'm like, and I remember I'm just telling my in laws are in town. They're like, oh, there's everything okay. I'm like, yeah, yeah, it's catcher Co.
Speaker 4: Write as a flash flood thing is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: To be yeah, like just a They're like, what does that even mean. I'm like, I don't know. They had to go research, like actually scientifically what is happening with flash floods, And because we are in an arid and also very highly paved urbanized area that the water just at eventually a certain certain point just has nowhere to go, nowhere to seep to, and then we get it in the form of these floods. But in my mind, like to your point, Jack, I kept being like, I'm gonna go out on the street and see if those fucking fire trucks are washed away yet, and no, uh, And it's mostly really bad in areas like I think right now in LA, like the hill hillish areas are now hellish with like you know, MUDs level, MUDs lines and things like that. Yeah, the fucking amount of water pumping through there, but intense. But yeah, I definitely overrated what my own understanding was for things too. When I was like, wait, you can't drive through that, Like I've seen videos on YouTube where people drive through there and then they're like like the whole mantra in LA has been like turn around, don't drown, and you're right.
Speaker 4: What from that, I'm I'm I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, my wife drove to work this morning, made it fine.
Speaker 3: So you know it's the it's.
Speaker 4: A cyber truck, dude. That ship's made for this kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Bulletproof first of all, the first thing we tested.
Speaker 2: Once you get it.
Speaker 1: We've been flipping those bad boys man making a cool eighty k each.
Speaker 2: Time, flipping cyber trucks.
Speaker 3: Actually know somebody who's doing.
Speaker 2: That, flipping cyber trucks because.
Speaker 3: They are like so trendy.
Speaker 1: They are actually like it's like a fucking pair of Jordan's, but like on a scale of you know, they're yeah, they're going for like double the sticker price, so people are just buying them and fucking selling them.
Speaker 3: What crazy fuck?
Speaker 1: Uh Dudel grindset Bro that's a guy convinced me I was losing money on it, so he offered me a third offer.
Speaker 3: Hand fuck.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and uh talk about some other fads that are now sweeping the world, including the app and Apple Vision Pruss, the Apple Vision Props, Apple a vision processor appen Vision Pross. We'll be right back, and we're back, and the app and Vision Pross is here us. Apple Vision pro has entered the public domain, yes, so to speak.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that a lot of these videos of people using them in public were like YouTube and TikTok influencers.
Speaker 2: A lot of people who were like, there's some people who were doing sort of like you know, good faith reviews obviously, like you know, Marcus Brownlee and stuff like that. But they're also like a ton of people who were just like content makers who have a lot of disposable cash and were clearly like, dude, when that shit drops, we got to make like seven thousand videos acting a fucking dumbass with it. And yeah, there's I mean, I think it's a mix of things. Like the things that I think got the most attention were obviously the ones that were the wildest shit, Like a dude who was wearing the Vision pro headset and then in his teslaon autopilot. Yeah, just to be like I don't give a fuck about you or me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I think that video ended with like the cops pulling him over. And then there was another one of like dudes trying to eat in a restaurant with them on. Another was like there's a dude just navigating New York City like going on the train and shit, going through the subway station with the headset on. It's just like sure. It was just like one of those things that was really unremarkable. I saw a couple videos of like someone who was actually being like this is me watching NBA League Pass, like I got five games.
Speaker 3: Like how someone would actually use this.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, rather than being like we're gonna go to this dim sum restaurant drunk with Apple Vision pro headsets on, like okay, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, using it in public seems so wild to me. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's I'm sorry, there's no fucking other word. It's disgusting. Like there are.
Speaker 3: People there are a video.
Speaker 1: I don't know if these were influencers, but there was like a guy using it on the subway just like yeah, look like he was like returning emails or something. I don't know if that was a real guy, but it just.
Speaker 2: I yeah, regardless of a fat guy was genuinely doing it or not, just the sight of it in public is like.
Speaker 1: Cool, it's grotesque, it really is, Like I mean, so the thing about the experience of using it is that it is like super high dep Like the cameras are such that it your vision is like very good, right, Obviously they're like you know, icons in front of whatever you're looking at, and there's a chance that you're like returning email instead of looking at the road that you're driving. But like you can see extremely well if you want to. The problem is that you look like you're wearing a fucking blindfold. Like yeah, it's just like that seems to be the main issue for me that like I I object to on just like moral grounds of like just wearing the only place you can wear this is at home. I'm wearing it at home, Like whether or not, like you can see the people around you. It looks like like it's just so it would be so isolating to like be in a room with someone with that on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was one thing that a lot of people like who were reviewing it were like, it's really cool, It's like, but I can't get over how weird it is to have this thick piece of hardware separating myself and like my lived reality, right, and like trying to interact like as a thing. Like we're like I'm going to use my computer and put it on then sure, like whatever, but like in trying to do these other things, it just felt a little bit like I don't know if I can move past like having to put a fucking tiny helmet on my face to get me the day. But yeah, I think it's off putting and it just it looks like antisocial and the price.
Speaker 4: Tag is prohibitive for most people.
Speaker 2: Like I think it's an impressive piece of hardware and technology, but it's just not. It's just not doing the thing that all the like revolutionary Apple products did, which was like being like the obvious answer to the technological question you haven't even thought to ask yet, you know what I mean? And this feels like face computer, And I'm like, do I need face computer too much?
Speaker 3: Face computer? We tried.
Speaker 2: We called people who wore Google glass fucking glassholes. Yeah, So there's like there's that sort of perceptual obstacle to overcome, and I just think there's just not like that use case for it yet. Yes, but I have a feeling it's probably like one killer fucking app away from people being like, oh okay.
Speaker 1: I think it's viral video of like someone cool wearing it, and then I'm gonna be in. But like I truly like every time I look at it, like my bones whisper asshole in my mind, like back to you know, it's just like the asshole vibes. Is it because you're given off by somebody wearing it? Is it because of the cost and how.
Speaker 3: Stupid you look.
Speaker 1: It's like you're paying so much to be so elf centered, you know, and you're just like so like, do not give a fuck about anybody around you.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to me. Here's a mortgage payment on my face.
Speaker 1: And my favorite tweet for the WEEKND was early on at Quaker Ana tweeted, yay, new kind of guy to rob because the guy of the guy wearing it in the New York City subway, you I.
Speaker 2: Can't, you know, you know, Sid You're gonna get that shit snatched off your fucking face. I just don't. We're just in a time even be illegal, Like that's how I know it should be. Like, I mean yeah, like they have the cop show up, They're like what happened? They're like, I was wearing an Apple Vision for like on the fucking bus. Bro Okay, I gotta go man. Actually I have to write you a shake it for being a dick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Another trend that's sweeping the nation is Subway's foot long cook Yeah, this seems about.
Speaker 2: We talked about it when it first came out. I think you were gone the day we talked about it on trends. Yeah, but we were like we were. We were discussing the merits of their three their foot long offerings that they've put in front of people, or churo a pretzel and the cookie. Yeah, and the cookie seems to be the.
Speaker 3: Absolute runaway winnershit.
Speaker 2: Of it all. Fucking what's crazy? It's five do a five dollars long, five five.
Speaker 1: Dollars foot long depression Yeah, one forty calories. Reviews have called it a floppy, sleeping bag of flour and oil that somehow doesn't have enough flavor.
Speaker 3: That's mean.
Speaker 1: That's uh. That is from mass Live, So I don't know if that's like a local Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think that's like one of those like website.
Speaker 2: It's that they like there's an equivalent in every state or town and they all run the same story. It's get network of just fronts to make you feel like there's local news.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard only good things it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I this speaks to me. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want it to speak to me, but it does. It whispers from my bones, eat me. It does not say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not from apple Vision crow, a vision crow, apple Vision pro app Vision pros vision Crow had you saying, asshole.
Speaker 4: But the foot long cookie, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the normal cookie is good, are good?
Speaker 3: That's just little toaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, a foot long cookie, it's just I'm gonna I'm gonna break it up in fucking thirds or fourths and you're not gonna catch me being like, let me hold it like a fucking bag at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's wild.
Speaker 1: It's been become so popular that they had to remove the foot long cookie from the app after unexpected demand. According to the company, they've sold more than three point five million Sidekicksnacks since January twenty two, and the pretzel and truro are still available on the app, so presumably the majority of those purchases have been the giant cookie shaped cropt for help.
Speaker 2: I've heard the pretzel and churo are like in a draw for the shitty, the shittiest one, Like they're not good. No one's been like damn. The Churro's not like people are sleeping on the true people sleeping on pretzel. It's more it's like, I don't know, Yeah, it's a churo. It's fine, depending on what time of day you get it. And the pretzels like I've had Auntie Anne's pretzels so great? Do I need it?
Speaker 3: I mean a foot long Auntie Enn's pretzel. I'm not mad, to be honest.
Speaker 2: When I see I want to fucking hit somebody with it. I don't know why, like something a childish urge takes over me. And if I had a pretzel that was like a foot long, I would fucking just swing that shit at somebody.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I whip it around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A writer jam was Quit pointing out that these are basically like phallic reinterpretations of existing foods. The Tureau was always this though, I think Tureau was always that just a foot long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like I don't know, you know, bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just seems like that is there is Like I know, Freud is not like popular anymore. He's like gone out of fashion and academic circles, but he really nailed it with like the dick obsession. Just like, like, I feel like this would be one of the first things that aliens would like come down and be like, wait, everything you're eating, Like even like bananas and corn on the cob were not originally shaped like that. We had to like farmers had to specifically breed them to look like big dicks.
Speaker 2: Wait, what did a banana look like before?
Speaker 3: It was just like kind of a sad little dick.
Speaker 2: I guess, like like kind of how like a like a smaller plantain kind of looks. And now it's just a massive, pallast floppy fucking bananas. Yeah, higher yield, man. They're probably using the cover being like no, I just get bigger yields and like me while they are like.
Speaker 3: Dude, make it look more like a case of why your fucking hot dogs look like that?
Speaker 1: I like the aliens would come down and they would be like embarrassed for us, Like on top of Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're doing their own planet and they're eating floppy turo dicks. I don't know these people. They've lost the plot. But yeah, let us know. If you got the foot long cookie, is it super floppy? Does it depend on you know, because some subways they they do it better than others.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's how it is with franchise.
Speaker 1: Five man, they really got my ass with that one. I can't I can't think of foot long without the five dollars foot long.
Speaker 2: But it's one of those things too. It's so clever, it's so ingrained in your brain that you go and you're like, oh right, this shit ain't five dollars no more, No, it's dollars.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll take one more break and we'll come back. We'll talk box office, we'll talk SNL all of that plenty more, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: Quick check in with the box office. Our Gyle was the number one movie at the box office this weekend and also not real unbafo not botho bo for our Guyle made thirty five point three million globally, which it reportedly costs between two hundred million and two hundred and fifty million to make?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Is it like a very effects heavy film?
Speaker 3: I don't know. That price tag shocked me.
Speaker 1: Like when I saw the trailer, so much about this trailer confusing, I was like, why are they going so hard on this movie that doesn't seem to like have a real premise beyond like the premise of a lot of like meta movies where it's like this person is a writer. Like there's like three eighties movies with this premise where it's like the writer is involved in something that like comes to life, and it's like, is are they writing?
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 1: And it's like not that great a conceit, Like I feel like I haven't seen it work out that well. But it's a yeah, it's the Matthew, It's the Kingsman guy.
Speaker 2: Right, oh yeah, So those films always have a lot of yeah yeah, And there are like some cool stunts in the trailer that I guess they're like just it's NonStop.
Speaker 3: This was the promise. Then the other promise.
Speaker 2: Was like who is Argyle? Who is Argyle?
Speaker 1: And like this would be a spoiler if you're if you're waiting to see Our.
Speaker 2: Guy, spoiler alert for our Gyle, but you may have read it, but the spoiler don't.
Speaker 1: This is the answer to the question who is Argyle? But like a big reveal at the end is that this is a tee up to a cinematic universe kind of. It's also like, so this takes place in the Kingsman movie universe. So it's just like a new movie in the Kingsman world, Okay, which I don't know.
Speaker 4: That doesn't that's like not exciting.
Speaker 2: Or no, the last king Man fond tell them in the fucking from their pitch and its like and does shit connects to my other movies?
Speaker 4: People love on airplanes.
Speaker 3: Which like didn't the last one? Like I feel like those have had diminishing return.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so, but wasn't like the whole thing well yeah, because there was all this build up about being like this is a this is like I think about some real shit, right, aren't they like trying to fucking like tease something that this could be like a real life something someone actually is our guy or whatever?
Speaker 4: Are we talking about this earlier?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, so there was a big conspiracy theory that so so the movie did the thing that you know, like a marketing department would pitch like first pitch is like, so we should actually so it's based on like this novel this mystery writer or a spy novel writer who like gets kidnapped because all her books are like coming true.
Speaker 3: And so the government's like, oh my god, she knows too much.
Speaker 1: So they wrote a novel, uh, pretended. Pretended the author of these novels is real, the person Bryce Dallis.
Speaker 3: Howard is playing.
Speaker 1: And rather than people being like, oh, so that's the marketing stunt, they were like, wait a second, this fake author doesn't have a real social media profile. This fake author must be Taylor Swift. And so there was like a big conspiracy theory because Taylor Swift, the great writer, also has been known to wear our gyle.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember that right, And they're like, oh so.
Speaker 3: Case closed.
Speaker 2: Uh. But but for the record, it was not it's tailor. It's not Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: It's not Taylor Swift. They fucked up by not making it Taylor Swift. I think like they should have just as everyone's like, oh my god, the real agent our gyle is, they should have just like done a like abrupt cutaway to like b roll of Taylor Swift walking the Red carpet, right and just you know, given, given the people what they want.
Speaker 2: Or just like, yeah, put the put dialogue in there that Swifties would be like just hoovering up. They're like, yeah, oh, I just hate Midnights. I don't mean to be the anti hero, but I noticed there's snow on the Beach.
Speaker 3: Is that one of her songs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just looking at a track listing of Midnights, it's a little bit of weird improv there, because I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Bryce Alis Howard does give Taylor Swift vibes in the lead role, so I.
Speaker 3: Can see where they were coming from.
Speaker 1: I mean, they they did fuck up by not running with this, because it seems like the only thing that could have been the most intriguing thing about the movie was this brief moment where people thought Taylor Swift was ghostwriting the novels it was based on.
Speaker 2: Damn Shot Tough.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matthew Vans, so sorry about that. That was the most interesting thing about what you just.
Speaker 1: Made, James, Speaking of Taylor Swift, Taylor set new Grammy Records.
Speaker 3: In case anyone cares about the Grammys anymore.
Speaker 1: Was the first performer to win the prize for Album of the Year four times, beating out three time winners like Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, and Frank Sinatra. There was a minor controversy following her win because the award was given handed to her by Celene Dion. It was Celene Dion's first public appearance in months due to health issues, and you know, she received a standing ovation. But then when Taylor Swift won, she didn't acknowledge Celene Dion enough. For Selene Dion's stands, she wasn't really looking at her when taking the trophy. Uh, And you know, I mean it's big, it's Taylor's moment, but yeah, I would say.
Speaker 2: And also I'm surprised Taylor is like, Okay, who's this lady who smells like poutine? I'm Taylor Swift. I'm the biggest fucking thing right now. You think I need to fucking notice you?
Speaker 3: Hey, man, it's out.
Speaker 1: It's weird out here when you interact with pop stars and their fandoms.
Speaker 3: Taylor, Like, in the old days.
Speaker 1: It made sense to just speculate idly about like people, you know, famous people's motivations for their relationships. But now you're talking about, you know, a living religious icon so no, people aren't gonna fucking tolerate you being like I think she's just like trying to get back at her old boyfriend or whatever, which makes sense.
Speaker 2: You know, I wish I had.
Speaker 4: I wish I had an old boyfriend to get back at.
Speaker 3: I know, I didn't think it was like that dismissive or anything, but.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I think it's just part of because a lot of the people who are very critical of or use these sort of seemingly misogynistic sort of lines of analysis to sort of discredit her.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I think she is a genius of a sort that is like perfect for this moment, unlike anything we've seen on the planet.
Speaker 3: But I don't, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or not actively about Taylor Swift. That's fine, It's like that's.
Speaker 3: What I think.
Speaker 2: She's just very interesting. But I don't I don't know. I will not these people.
Speaker 3: I'm not vowing to them.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, sure, Joe Alwin, hid you, I don't even know who the fuck that guy is. Yeah, but the other thing that was really interesting, Frudy said, Oh, nobody cares about the other thing that you said that's interesting about like people not caring about the Grammys. Clearly Jay Z and Beyonce care about the Grammys because when jay Z went up for his like Doctor Dre, Doctor Pepper, Impactor of the Year whatever.
Speaker 1: And that's how you know truly someone has impacted the world in a way that is beneficial to the most people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes up there and takes the he takes the award, but makes this point about being like, you know, just like the math ain't really math in you know, like this young lady, my wife, you know, she's got she's got the most Grammys in history, but how come she doesn't have an Album of the Year. And that was like a very interesting that. I was like, that is true, Like how are you? How are you one of you are not one of you are the most grammyed artist? Yeah, and you haven't and you haven't had an ambo the year.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But hey, you know what the Grammys are. That's that's why you even boycotted them, Jay because you even knew at a certain point when like DMX wasn't getting his shine for having like number ones and they're like, who is this guy, the guy who barks like a dog? No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, thank you. Yeah. I mean I even boycott him this year. I wasn't there last night. Yeah, crazy. A lot of people were surprised, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people. Yeah, and I'm surprised it didn't quite get the coverage. You kept saying it was in Again, You're like, dude, watch this ship when I'm not waiting to see this man doesn't matter. A new album, Dude, they're gonna be talking about fucking me not being there.
Speaker 3: She knows new album? What else? The Fast Car thing was really cool.
Speaker 1: Chasey Chapman performed for the first time in a long time, and that song is good.
Speaker 3: It turns out and every time, oh hell yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like the whole world was having the same experience I have every time I hear that song. I'm like, wait a second, this song fucking you know right, just like God, damn, I have so many feelings right now that I wasn't prepared to when I was just scrolled, you know, turning on FM radio for the first time in ten years. But anyways, greats from Tracy Chapman and Killer Mike won three Grammys, then got arrested on a misdemeanor charge following an altercation in the building what does led away from the venue and handcott? I don't think we know yet enough, you know, like what happened, But did.
Speaker 2: They really have to arrest him?
Speaker 1: They seemed to think they did LAPD right, and we can usually trust them and their motives, so I think, yeah, just wait to see this thing play out.
Speaker 4: Man, after alleged altercation.
Speaker 2: Alleged altercation? What is what happened? What is going on? Misdemeanor battery? What did he like shove somebody? Anyway? I like that at least there's conspiracy theories about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The conspiracy theories are that he refused to endorse Biden on the Bill Maher Show two days earlier.
Speaker 3: I'm going on the fucking Bill Maher show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, he didn't endorse Biden on mar On Biden on Bill Maher.
Speaker 2: Damn dude, straight to jail for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just like that meme. It's a killer Mike arrest at the Grammys. This is what they'll do if you don't endorse their candidate. Mm hmm. Or he may have gotten a fucking put his hands on somebody or some ship the cops right there and had to do something. I don't know. I don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think there needs to be a vast conspiracy for the LAPD to arrest killer Mike.
Speaker 3: You know, he steels like kind of there with that mess talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they're not. Maybe they're they're not big run the Jewels fans or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh Nikki Haley popped by uh snl so fun, Oh so fun?
Speaker 2: Did you watch it? Did you see the the thing? I saw like a segment where I was like, oh, this isn't first segment, Like, this is a d fake. Like in my mind, I'm like, does it happened?
Speaker 3: This can't be happening.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, nope, this is on NBS. Nope. Okay. She was, Oh god, you really put Nicki Haley on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was ioa debris like hosting from from the bear from like the comedy scene, like you know, everybody who likes comedy was super excited to see her hosting, and even before she got to do her monologue, the show had like a random cameo from Nicki Haley in the cold open where she got to like IO was like, you know, asking her what the cause of the Civil War was, and that was something she had expressed some ambiguity about so she was like, what was the main cause of this a war? And do you think it starts with an S and ends with a lavery? And uh, Nikki Ae got to like basically apologize for having done that, So like just a quick, quick hit.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they think they're I think it's like they're doing the thing where they're like, we're sorry that we were we were putting Trump out there and doing all this other shit, But hey, what if we put another vile right wing creature on the television to normalize them in the hopes that that makes Trump angry? Yeah, like probably you don't need to help fucking Nicki Haley with anything. Uh, but great. I wonder is Dean Phillips gonna be onto hopeful?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I doubt it. It doesn't seem likely. Did they ever have Bernie on I wonder, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Who knows, I don't think you can't.
Speaker 1: Maybe in a reference to the Mittens meme, like after he was no longer.
Speaker 2: And I feel like the closest they came was like having Larry David play him. I feel like that was the thing that like they were always doing. So who knows, But just don't have fucking political candidates on your show. Yeah, it's just like it's not funny or iconic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually wasn't the only right leaning culture war moment of the night. SNL also announced that the next episode host was going to be Shane Gillis.
Speaker 2: The guy the Dreams.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, your co host from your Dreams hired and then fired from the show. And yeah, the after videos of his podcast resurfaced online in which he made racist, homophobic, is Lamophobic, and misogynistic jokes. And yeah, I don't know, I guess it's not shocking since they keep inviting shall.
Speaker 2: He's done so much better not on SNL. It's like his that he is so much more popular than he would have been if he was on SNL. That's funny.
Speaker 4: How Like, So I think if someone Gutfeld who's.
Speaker 2: Like this is kind of poetic, so you know that gut felt, you know, So like Shane Gillis, he was supposed to be on SNL and then he didn't get on. I mean, I think he's a lucky guy. He's like one of those guys who you know, he misses his flight and then he gets there right at the gate. And he watches the plane take off only for it to crash. But he wasn't on the plane. That's like what Shane Gillis do. That's not I mean, that thing's such a such a disaster. And yeah, now he's the face of bud Light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like bud Light. We're doing their Win Back the Transphobes campaign and so they're partnering with Shane Gillis.
Speaker 2: He's got him out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, he definitely has done better not on SNL than he would have on SNL.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's it's a very specific path, you know SNL. It's not always going to get you. You don't go the Will Ferrell you know, Tina Fey. You know that. That's like a very that's the exception. Most of the time, it's like you can you'll end up being on some other show like I was on. I was on for a season. I was on two sketches and I was chewed up and spit out, but also.
Speaker 4: A lot of great people there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, he gets to do the grievance thing.
Speaker 1: He's like a the comedy World's Kyle Rittenhouse.
Speaker 2: I would be so, I'd be so fucking smug if I got like, I'm surprised he did it. What What's is his whole monologue going to be? Like, you know, I was going to be on this show, but I was doing like Chinese people jokes real bad on this podcast. I was doing, so I don't know. I guess they could have handled that, but I'm probably like, I don't that monologue is going to be really odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want somebody retweeted Nora McDonald's monologue from when he he you know, got fired, and then a year and a half later they asked him to come back on.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, uh, Tucker Carlson's gonna interview Putin.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm he is acting like he's about to.
Speaker 1: He's in Moscow. Everybody's like, I don't know. The last fall, he claimed an interview he had tried to interview Putin but was stopped by the US government, which sounds like complete bullshit.
Speaker 3: But what, No, you must not it would be too powerful.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but hey, I'm Sean paannam hanging with l Choppo later. Yeah, yeah, okay, they're stopping you. That's but I love that. I mean, that's the perfect kind of thing to say for Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 2: Like the dude, the ship would have been so fucking based that the fucking government had to fucking stop me. Bro, it would have been me and Zadimir put Zin because we're putin in a couple zins later.
Speaker 3: And in some zins you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? Oh, someone else, I forget someone who's I gang was speculating. I was saying like that they believe that the whole nicotine thing was like a way for Tucker to kind of get off like stimulants that he was into. Oh yeah, illegal ones. So that was like his cessation was like I was like, Bro, them nicotine packs ain't hitting like a fucking like football.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but uh.
Speaker 1: His last Twitter post is a video segment in which he gives advice for a fan about their male pattern baldness.
Speaker 3: So like he's just like.
Speaker 2: Straight up advice the men in your mother's family should have done better genetically his advice.
Speaker 3: I actually watched it.
Speaker 1: His advice is like, Dude, nobody cares what a fucking guy looks like. Guys looks are completely unimportant. You should like wear a bad wig or shave your head. Somebody said, yeah, yeah, he should wear it. Kind of he's doing like he's doing a bit, you know, he's being funny tucky, but it sucks. He's like, now, yeah, he's just gone like full YouTube influencer. But yeah, Russian state media is making it sound like they're just waiting to make a big announcement. They were like, we have nothing to tell you currently. If such plans are to be carried out, we will inform you. Love love the russianness of that, but they're yeah, there are like reports that Tucker has left his hotel and is en route to interview Putin. People are hyping this up like it's some kind of like daredevil stunt, but like people have been interviewing Putin for years, like I guess not since he invaded Ukraine, but I mean, this guy's been like killing people for years and people just like, you know, the NBC interviewed him in twenty twenty one, CNBC interviewed him.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Oliver Stone like spent a whole week with him for his Weird Show in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I mean it's just a way to I think again, it's it's just hype that's created by him to make it feel like it's bigger than anything and because of his because of this ship that's happening with Russia and Ukraine and stuff. It's like the fact that I'm gonna go talk to this guy means like I'm saying that this guy might have a point that.
Speaker 4: We should listen to, maybe because.
Speaker 1: Not going to go there thing right, he was like kind of pro Russia on the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dude, I'm surprised he's not. He's probably gonna go get some kind of fucking medal of honor and shit, that's goud Steven Sagal is gonna put on his neck.
Speaker 3: Steven Sagal. I do wonder if Steven Sagal is going to be there, if he's gonna make it, or if Putin has like cast him aside as Like I feel.
Speaker 4: Like, I feel like Steven Sagall would get on your nerves.
Speaker 2: Like even though he's like he's not like the most like gregarious dude, he's just so brooding and like fake intense.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah that in me, I was opening a butt, Like to shut up, dude, I don't know how did you get in here.
Speaker 1: Like I am the richest man in the history of the world via like all the money I've stolen. Like, you don't have to like make up lies to impress me.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm just like find it interesting that you can do whatever you do in those movies.
Speaker 3: Leave me alone. You get that big, big, novelty sized carrot that I handed you.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah, well good luck, asshole. Yeah, let's see if you get you get that propaganda scoop of the week, because it'll it'll be replaced for something. Yeah, very quickly.
Speaker 1: Sure, it'll make waves and the good move for whatever it is that he's trying to do, but.
Speaker 6: Sell more fucking Zen's dude, did you imagine it's him and Putin's visions and press Ladimir?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sorry, President Putin. Do you mind if I I ask you something? Because uh, obviously this is this is a very interesting product, and for me, the word Zen is kind of loaded. It's the author of a book that I think is actually inspiring a lot of anti American sentiment. It's called The People's History of the United States that written by Zin. This is the one esin that I do agree with every day, every second, and I just wanted to connect the two. I don't really have a catchy sales pitch after that, I just thought it was fuck.
Speaker 1: The Lynski put it packed like three zins breed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're fine, great, we've.
Speaker 3: Done done all right.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccines, don't do nothing about white pramacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,