Speaker 1: Today, there's a bunch of donkeys.
Speaker 2: That is why, Charlemagne, if we live a life where we might are tongue based off who we may have been, we never would say anything else.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club. In the words of charlemagnea god, he's a donkeys. Oh man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey of a day to who.
Speaker 2: Now, well, Buster rhymes donkey today for Friday, August fifteenth, the Little YACHTI, now, you know, on Fridays, I like to open up the phone line so that people can give folks the credit they deserve for being stupid unless something is on my spirit, and today something is on my spirit.
Speaker 1: Okay. I was minding other people's business on.
Speaker 2: Social media last night and I saw that Little YACHTI was receiving some backlash after appearing on the live stream with black Boy Max. Now, I don't pay attention to backlash, Okay, outrage on the internet because y'all always fake mad about something online.
Speaker 1: All right. The fuel that keeps the Internet going is anger.
Speaker 2: That's why you have individuals who make a living rage baiting. Okay, rage baiting you digital d heads, because they know the fastest way to garner engagement is to say something to make you mad.
Speaker 1: So I listened to what everyone was upset about.
Speaker 2: Uh, and it was the first time in a while I was like, Oh, this is valid outrage. Okay, I completely understand why folks is upset. See little Yachty previewed the new song, and in that song he had a lyric about the late George Floyd.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to the bar.
Speaker 3: Right forward wow right ford Wow? Wi something figure out right the bank for put my knee up on her neck? I went, Josh, I mean she she gonna wait some?
Speaker 1: Why playing one more time? Please?
Speaker 3: Right forward?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Right card Wow?
Speaker 4: I wish something?
Speaker 3: Figure out right the bank for put my knee up on her neck? I went, Josh, I mean she.
Speaker 1: Gonna wait something put my knee up on her neck?
Speaker 2: I went, George Floyd, yachdy, how you put a hole in your own boat?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you trying to sink the boat and drown? Like damn?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Black solidarity is anything sacred?
Speaker 2: When we talk like that about situations like George Floyd, we make others comfortable to do it, and then we get mad when others disrespect us. I'm all for a freedom of speech, Okay, I don't have to agree with what you said, but I agree with your right to say it. But you know what else is free shutting that up? Okay, See, I talked for a living. I've always gotten it right, Absolutely not. But it's just some things you should know not to say.
Speaker 1: Okay. You should know not to play with somebody's loved one who the world watched die.
Speaker 2: Okay, YadA, you are twenty seven years old and you are not a stupid young man.
Speaker 1: In fact, you are very bright. Okay. I've watched you in interviews. I've watched you conduct interviews.
Speaker 2: I've always thought that you had an empathy about you because of how you have been attacked in this culture called hip hop.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: People used to label you as the poster child for wack rappers.
Speaker 1: All right, some still do. Was that fair? Probably not, but that's what it was. Okay.
Speaker 2: I've seen you have empathy for Drake when Kendrick was busting his ass last year.
Speaker 1: So I asked a.
Speaker 2: Simple question, would you write a bar about Ken and drink Molly wopping Drake and their lyrical battle? Of course you wouldn't because that's your man. You wouldn't want to hurt his feelings are his team's feelings. I got a better one for you. Would you write a bar about the tragic, senseless murder of the late Great Takeoff? Of course you wouldn't because you would have empathy for him and how he went out.
Speaker 1: Okay, you would have empathy for his team and family.
Speaker 2: So why wouldn't you give George Floyd that same respect? Why disrespect that brother's family and friends like that? You said, put my knee up on her neck, I went, George Floyd. So you decided to channel that racist ass crack ass cracker, Derek the Devil Chauvin who killed George Floyd. Okay, you watched that video that the world saw. The world saw Derek the Devil Chauvin kneeling on George Floyd's neck for nine minutes and twenty nine seconds, watch that man take his last breath, calling for his mother, and you, at the big age of twenty seven, decided, you know what, I'm gonna put that in a bar, even if your brain thinks it immediately, something got to say, Nah, that ain't it okay, And no engineer, nobody in the studio said nigga, no, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay? This is why you can't have a bunch of yes men around you.
Speaker 2: You gotta have somebody around it simply tell you no and hell no and f no.
Speaker 1: And I know folks is.
Speaker 2: Out there, but Charlamagne, you believe in freedom of speech, I do, but you are not free from the consequences of said speech. You can say what you want about anybody and anything, but you have to deal with what comes with that, because there is a cost to everything that comes out of your mouth, and before you speak, you should always ask yourself, am I willing to pay this price?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Stephen Jackson from the All the Smoke podcast dropping the clues bombs for the All the Smoke podcasts, you already know he's stepping about George Floyd every time, as he should every time. Okay, he replied to Little Yachta yesterday and he had this to say, Let's listen.
Speaker 6: And I'm just trying not to pay attention to you idiots, man, But like it's just hard, bro, Like Lil YACHTI bro, are you've been whacked?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: But you think you saying George Floyd name and trying to use his name in the bar, that's gonna make me for like your whack ass music money we y'all the only era that that that feel like the meaning the dead and saying that cool man, it ain't, it ain't. And it's me and the whole third Ward in the whole Houston, Texas riding behind g Man. Don't ever say his name, bro y'all. None of y'all knew g none about it. Which'all want to say his name for cloud? Put a kne up on I do, George.
Speaker 1: That's some week ad.
Speaker 4: Let somebody die in your family.
Speaker 6: We gonna do a whole skit about it and see how funny it is.
Speaker 1: Bro cut that man.
Speaker 6: It's only you whack sambars that do that.
Speaker 2: The only era that feel like the meaning of dead is Okay, that is a very valid point of little Yachty.
Speaker 1: Whether you realize it or not.
Speaker 2: Everybody who knew George Floyd and loved George Floyd feels exactly like Stephen Jackson does this morning. That line was corny, Okay, it was very cornish, all right. George Floyd got murdered knead to the neck from Derek Chauvin, and you turned his death into a corny ass rap bar. Okay, the ball don't even make no sense. You put your knee up on her neck. You and George Floyd what you saying? You want to kill him? If you don't think you upset George Floyd's family. Well, Lauren Lorossa got a statement from George Floyd's brother, Lauren, would you like to share what George Floyd's brother told you?
Speaker 5: Yes, Terrence Floyd said to me he wants the lyric changed. He says, let his brother rest in peace. It has disturbed his family. People were sending him the clip all yesterday, so we had to listen to it and disturbed him a lot.
Speaker 4: He says. It's super inconsiderate.
Speaker 5: Terrence Floyd also said to us that this generation doesn't pay attention to what they say. They just want to make a song and get it on the charts, and they feel like because of who they are, people will listen and accept it.
Speaker 4: And that's not right. It's super inconsiderate.
Speaker 5: You should think about what you're writing and make it make sense because it impacts other people.
Speaker 4: He also has a message for lo Yatty.
Speaker 5: He says, you know, if you're going to talk about George Floyd, there, let there be a better message behind George Floyd's name, so that his legacy can live beyond the tragedy that Chauvin caused.
Speaker 2: The best way to not have your piece disturbed is to not disturb the peace of others. Little Yachty into everyone who can hear my voice, Please remember the simple golden rule we learned in grade school. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Okay, YACHTI, you want respect, you gotta give it. And the root of respect is not the full understanding of other people. It is the recognition of people's non negotiable humanity. Please give little Yatty the biggest he huh m, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well thank you for that, donkey very. It's it's stupid, just a wack line that doesn't make any sense. Dumb y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, but you know, today switching gears is the It would be the fortieth born day of the late Great Nipsey Hustle.
Speaker 1: That's right, and it's only right.
Speaker 2: Nipsey Hustle's gonna pay a couple of times, and it's only right to get back his interview fit. I feel like we should celebrate Nipsey every opportunity we get, and today is his born day day, he would have been forty years old today. That's okay, and we're gonna get that interview back on when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury Ernie Michael to Bull lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns. Hold on. Every day I wake up the Breakfast Club finish.
Speaker 4: So y'all done,