Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and New He Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, Happy.
Speaker 4: New Year, everybody, Players Lounge wishing you nothing but a fantastic twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four coming your way. First show of the year, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison show, I am New he Scruggs.
Speaker 4: We are sponsored by Tostito's break Out the Tostitos, Ladies and gentlemen, because Sunday you had an opportunity to watch the Cowboys, who a thirteen point favorite at the Commanders with the ability to win an NFCC and the Commanders have to win. The Commanders have no incented to win because right now they to the number two pick in the NFL Draft. I know Ron Rivera is about to get fired and maybe he wanted to go ahead and do the love you you know, so I did check. I checked with my Washington contact on it. He's like, dude, these dudes.
Speaker 5: These dudes don't care, you know, flight book like they trust to healthy.
Speaker 4: Get up this thing live you get ready. But anyway, heck, I want to start with you, my man, because the Cowboys are about to win the n f C East.
Speaker 2: Was coming.
Speaker 6: We've been talking about all this five we've been talking about you know, five dollars, but we've been on the same page when we talk about the fact that the Cowboys need a home game. That's that's so this this team from the beginning of the season. This team from the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: That's this team, this.
Speaker 6: Team from the beginning of the season. You go all the way back to last season. They have not lost at home since Tom Brady beat them at home first game of the season last year. And look, this is this is one of those things where we talked about doctor Jacko, mister Hyde on this team home and away. This is why the winning the NFC East is so important. And I guess that's statistic about the NFC East not having a back to back champion, since I don't know what a number number is, something crazy like this is this this division is so lopsided when it comes down to who will dominate the next season. But Hey, it played out, Play it out newly and Arizona and Colin Murray gave us the biggest Christmas gift New Year's gift. Hey, we're with and I'm saying, I'm putting IF on this because I'm not counting chickens before they had police.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: But man, we got to send them a hat in a in a T shirt when we man, we got to send him one of the FedEx Man, we got to send shout out the column man, Colin Man, he's gonna put some pressure on you. Man and him and James Connor, they went out there and did they think.
Speaker 3: Whe to Matt Patricia two?
Speaker 7: Now, oh, absolutely, we seen him too.
Speaker 8: You gotta go, you gotta keep him, keep it.
Speaker 4: I told you when they went to him with the panic movement, Why gosh, he's if Conna didn't throw the dog on pick you know. I mean he gave him seven right there.
Speaker 3: Forty six million dollars. Boy, man came through for it. But yeah, they beat Philly, they beat Dallas.
Speaker 4: I mean they might want a little taste of that chick that nf c's championship.
Speaker 8: Ye, go ahead and get him, right.
Speaker 6: They shout up the congratulations man, congratulations did you keep You kept the NFC East winners after the reshuffle.
Speaker 7: All these problems.
Speaker 2: To it's been a lot going.
Speaker 7: You want to be honest with you. You don't want to get caught slipping. I know you're.
Speaker 2: Got You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We're not going to get slipping with learned it from you, Baseball Dusty by.
Speaker 2: Watching me, see me, see me? Can you keep it?
Speaker 7: Can you get us back up to day on?
Speaker 6: You know how we thought that the season would play out after the bye week came and just just to see what we're because, congratulations because you did keep it and you picked it from the beginning, and we was laughing at you.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's me.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 6: You should have made that bet though I should have made to you, I should have made twenty off the plane and the NFC. That's how he begged you to make the NF. But if they scared money, don't make money, that's what they now. Can we be fair and say that we still need to go ahead and win this game. Yeah, we we have been. We have opportunities before, Like before the game started, you go in there, you say we got to beat Washington to make sure that we if everything else falls in place, that we get what we want and then go out there and fumble the bag.
Speaker 3: So we still And that was why I captured tried to capture.
Speaker 4: The incentive of Washington. This number two pick is so valuable. Chicago locked up the number one pick, so that's where they're at. So you've got Washington, New England. I can't remember who's right behind them. They've all got the same record. But Washington can go ahead lock this thing up. And the value in being number two this year is massive if you want to keep it or if you want to trade it.
Speaker 3: So if I'm Josh Harris and.
Speaker 4: Ownership, I'm going to Ron rivera, Hey man, we need some young guys.
Speaker 5: But what's the what's the if they do miraculously win? How far down today drop?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 8: Is it from two to all? The way you get to the sixth pick?
Speaker 3: You could be two to four?
Speaker 8: You don't get it.
Speaker 2: I got you guys in there, you know, man, because watching the game last night.
Speaker 6: But it's nice. I left, He's nice. You got Jane Danis Cable. You got some guys in there. If you looking for a quarterback, who you say? Because you already know it's gonna go one, two, three and then three two. After the combine and all that, there's gonna be another guy to pop up who nobody ever heard of, Daniel Jones and those guys, and then you're gonna end up just like that if you keep fooling around.
Speaker 4: And so my my point of being number two, Danny is you want to have the flexing reality. You look at what Chicago got last year and making that trade with Carolina, who moved up to number one, so you got their picking. You don't even have to be well this year because Carolina was so bad, so you got their picking you. But if you're sitting at number two, you're gonna have a whole lot of power. Which is why when I think about the Cowboy game being a thirteen point favorite, Washington's got no incentive the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: At every incidive. You know, everybody need to go out hey man, you know you know we need you.
Speaker 7: We know what you need.
Speaker 3: It's going out there and do this thing.
Speaker 8: See, as a player, you gonna go out there and try toss that thing.
Speaker 4: But he couldn't play last week. This is what ownership like he'd been. He'd been not be out there, but not be out there. This this is what ownership has to get involved. Owners All the ownership got to do is look at Houston when Lovey did him. It worked out for Houston. Sure they had to make trades and what not because Lovey didn't help him out. But if you're a Washington's ownership, this is your ability to not only get the number two pick, give you some options, but you're gonna fire a gym and fire the head.
Speaker 3: You can do a true reset.
Speaker 2: Here because this is what Flores was beeping about in Miami.
Speaker 8: That's gonna be hard to do. Cowboys should they should win, you know, just because because just on football a loan.
Speaker 5: But it's gonna be hard to have those guys go out there and not want to give it.
Speaker 8: They all not want to go out there and get the job.
Speaker 6: Some of those dudes are playing for like we know, we all getting released, okay, so I need to make sure. Okay, So if you're in active, active or you just don't get to.
Speaker 3: Play that day, there are there. Management has ways to go out and get it done done.
Speaker 4: But heckman, there's no incentive by Washington to win, and there's every incentive by the Cowboys to win this.
Speaker 6: No, y'all don't trust it. I don't trust it. I think I'm on the same train with y'all. And that's why we can only control what we can control. We control our guys. And that's where where I know this thing is layered going into the last week, depending on what Washington does. And it would be great if they played the twelve o'clock and instead of playing at the same time, because the decision would be made for us. But you gotta go out there and take care of business. You know, you got to win this game. Like every week is just a muscle. Is this a must win? This is the must win. So for the Cowboys, like, how do you, as as Mike McCarthy being the leader of this team, how do you layer with your team and say, all right, we're gonna rest this guy, we're gonna start this guy.
Speaker 4: But he'restedodybody everybody abdy okay.
Speaker 6: So that's what that's how it may hurt was playing. That's all. I'm a hands on dack once again.
Speaker 4: So when I said Washington has no no reason to Dallas has every reason. Everybody playing, everybody playing, you know better get up twenty off the plane twenty five off the plane on this one. I mean you have to come at these dudes from the jump, beat them in the submission and make them want to quit.
Speaker 3: Make sure you go.
Speaker 4: I mean you're you're the cowboy I mean, and this is you guys, are Danny Bear? You the former players? I mean, this should be one in the locker room real quick. Hey, hey, beat them down from the kickoff.
Speaker 5: All they gotta do is show was that last year when they went to Washington and Washington and Sam how I got to throw that tape on.
Speaker 8: If you McCarthy, you can bring them on all the team meeting room.
Speaker 5: Now, you throw on that last year's tape where we had or the Cowboys hadn't sent us to win that game. All the starters were playing Dak, everybody was out there playing and they ended up getting getting stumped by the Commanders. You don't want that same situation coming back into this game, especially with the ramifications of being either the number two seed or possibly the number two seed or you can go all the way down to what five.
Speaker 8: And you don't want no problems with that.
Speaker 5: So if I'm McCarthy, I'm showing them, boy, this is exactly what happens when you overlook an opponent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had no.
Speaker 5: Incentive to go out there and win this game because you want the earlier pick.
Speaker 8: But you gotta show up that you got to.
Speaker 4: By the way, God blessed Chris Bean forgiving us the sheet each week.
Speaker 3: Washington is not won since week nine.
Speaker 6: Wow, this is the definition of what you've been speaking about the entire season when you talk about trap and not trapped.
Speaker 2: Because you don't think the guys are good.
Speaker 6: It's so much on the line coming out of Washington saying, hey, man, the dude, we don't know number two because we hear it. But then also other people know what they got on the team.
Speaker 7: Friend might be like, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we I'm trying to get to Vegas. And thenfore, you know what, you walk out there on on a field where you thought, because of the how you played before and what they don't have to play for that it's going to be easy.
Speaker 7: And you get a.
Speaker 6: Couple of guys out there who was like, hey, I'm not standing down on nothing, and.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, You're in a fight, all right, because like it happens. It's the league.
Speaker 6: We've seen teams go out there against teams that we knew they should have lost, and then you look up on Monday morning you're like, hold on, the score was what?
Speaker 3: And this is where your head coach has to step up, you know.
Speaker 4: So Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Brian Schottenheim, Loondall was, everybody involved on the coaching staff has to let everybody know the importance of this. Now, there been rumblings about Mike McCarthy and an extension. Yeah, what's a good way to go ahead, lock up an extension for yourself right now? Win the division three straight, twelve and five seasons.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, there's so much incentive around here for the football team. And we talked before about your hopes and dreams.
Speaker 4: You guys are absolutely right in terms of them playing at home with eight no at home this year, potential for two games.
Speaker 3: Everything you want is here.
Speaker 4: And oh, by the way, what if somebody just beats the forty nine ers for you?
Speaker 3: It could happen. It could happen. So if you're the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys, everything you want is sitting right here now.
Speaker 6: I was under the impression that the forty nineers had already locked up one they did.
Speaker 7: They said, somebody knocked them out.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, no, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 4: No, That's what I'm saying. They still have to play a game, a divisional game.
Speaker 6: And you know now they Commander's game. Commander's in the forty nine has just played that correct? If anybody watch that game, it was in that game it was ten to ten then and then as you got on deeper into it, they started rolling. It was a competitive game, so you know, like and Trent Williams played, I know, we was all they were healthy and they went out there. At the beginning of the game. I was like, look at Washington, might miss around and help us out over here too.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 6: That's what I sit the tweet, I mean it text about Arizona, like look at Colin. Before you know what, everything will fall in the place. But we'll we'll take the one out of two and we'll take the two seats. We'll take that handle. You've been two home game.
Speaker 4: Hopes and dreams are right here. If I were a player, I would be very excited this week. You did your part.
Speaker 3: Everything is cool. By the way, even.
Speaker 4: As I walked in here, I keep hearing people like all week by that referee took care of the cowboy, didn't it. Referee took care of the Cowboys, and I'm like, yeah, you're that referee, Brad Allen with the college.
Speaker 6: Together another one of your guys with a hun with a hugging right before the game.
Speaker 2: Hey, just because I like, I just want to get this in.
Speaker 6: I want to get I want to get this in, you know, because it's already rolling. Okay, this is a chance for the Cowboys to shut up all and they says.
Speaker 2: Let them know. We got the East two leting. They say, is no man by.
Speaker 3: The way, Bill O'Brien looking at last play like I told.
Speaker 4: You last, But what is Alabama doing?
Speaker 3: Really, Tommy?
Speaker 7: That's the roll?
Speaker 8: Roll right on right t wuarter back power.
Speaker 3: That's season from the sixth.
Speaker 2: It was kind of open over here.
Speaker 6: My man ran up to the the guard came across him.
Speaker 2: You got a path.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I thought it's gonna do the tele pass or something some time.
Speaker 3: Sitting here, I'm sitting at the restaurant like that. That that's the play. That's that's the play.
Speaker 4: By the way, Danny, I know I owe you his two sisters out.
Speaker 3: I believe I found a replacement.
Speaker 7: Okay, is it in Arlington? No, okay, d Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: It's an irving.
Speaker 2: It's irving it is? Is this a little bit?
Speaker 6: That's what poor Melvin's man, poor pole Mail they got poor boys.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I had one. You know what that sampled the menu for you.
Speaker 4: So remember that fried port the pork chop you had, my kid, now go eat down there. And so yeah, so he did a fried port Chap tasty his hack. And I'm not a big port Chap guy, but it's like, so I'm tasting this menu because I know I, oh, Danny, is this some some things.
Speaker 7: Here on the pay for it too?
Speaker 2: Is it free?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 7: Are you going to set me up for a free meal?
Speaker 2: So are you going?
Speaker 7: Are you pulling out your wallet?
Speaker 2: Were pulling out a wallet?
Speaker 8: You know your personal friend.
Speaker 6: The name of the name of the spot is poor Melvin. Excuse me, oh mail from He's from New Orleands and check it out.
Speaker 2: That means the menu.
Speaker 6: Pretty much tops is twenty six dollars is the highest thing.
Speaker 2: Because two sisters was the same.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, the po boy in twelve fifty six, oh Man twelve said, you know he with it.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, you know who I'm bringing.
Speaker 3: It no, I didn't. That was that was it for me for the black eyed peas.
Speaker 4: But then I just started thinking, I do old I do Old Danny.
Speaker 7: As long as you pull your wallet out, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'll pull it out. Man, It's all good. Many man, you know.
Speaker 2: I know you're grateful. I know, I know.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm a letter.
Speaker 4: They saying, no bringing man here. I don't know, but I got you.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 2: Don't pull ahead, fine if you if that's.
Speaker 3: What you need, that's fine, I'll do that. No, No, I'm good.
Speaker 6: You you listen, you did it the right woman when we went to all right, because because you lose multiple bits, you know, so you did it the right way.
Speaker 7: You pulled your wallet and you'll pull your wallet out again.
Speaker 2: You see. I'm still.
Speaker 7: I'm still.
Speaker 3: I just didn't forget about it.
Speaker 7: I'm like, let me find it.
Speaker 3: This caging restaurants something that this Danny McCrae approved, So do that.
Speaker 2: So I'm down.
Speaker 6: Arlington goodness is just different.
Speaker 7: Something about my church.
Speaker 4: Remember last time we went on back back to heck spot about yeah the night who paid for your food?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well we're not talking about you.
Speaker 2: You're not the one on the investigation millionaires. What are you talking about? How you gonna fine dining experience? You know, shraw babe out to the table. What was that you ordered? What was that you ordered before you knew our pazzi? You know that?
Speaker 3: Heck letting? They saying no order I ordered?
Speaker 4: By the way, is we go to break the last the last time I was at UH one of the last times I was at two systems before it closed out. Lyle Collins was leaving all right today Lyle Collins may be coming back.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that next.
Speaker 4: Right here on the players Lone and Barry Churchich, Maris and Dan mcrat, Neuis, Scruts, dascowboys.
Speaker 7: Dot Com and shut down twin.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 8: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 13: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothi King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a coolie or fatala bow handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh starwberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what.
Speaker 3: It truly means to be a boss.
Speaker 14: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a nose star for that matter. And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys smeerenough Nos, There's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home are away.
Speaker 10: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 8: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 4: Day, Happy New Year, Players lounges right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com or radio here at the Star, where the Cowboys headquarters are located, and everything the Cowboys want is in front of them right now, gentlemen, to the forty nine Ers have locked up the number one seed with a win on Sunday. The Cowboys whin the NFC East. They lock up the number two seed, which means they will have a home playoff game.
Speaker 3: Win that game, got another.
Speaker 4: Home playoff game is if somebody happens to beat the forty nine ers, could have the NFC championship game in Jerry World.
Speaker 3: So all your hopes of dreams right there.
Speaker 5: They're right, they're right there. And this team, I think they can't. They had opportunity to see it up. We all understand that coming up with this Washington thing. But for me going forward, you know, Washington, hopefully we get that thing knocked out whatever it is. Going forward, defensively, we got to get better in the situation.
Speaker 8: You got to I understand taking.
Speaker 2: The football away.
Speaker 5: Taking the football away is great, and I understand if you win to turn over battle nine times out of ten times, you're gonna win that game.
Speaker 8: We all understand that.
Speaker 5: But this is two weeks in a row now where situationally, this defense has gotten got Basically, you go back to Miami. We all sat apparent and said, hey, you know, Miami that all they needed was a field goal.
Speaker 8: You know, offensively, you should say, all right, man, we might be able to concede that. You know, we might be able to concede that so you look at that the last draft. They need to stop.
Speaker 5: They weren't able to get to stop whatever the case may be, face mass penalty, whatever the case may be, they weren't able to get that. Stock Fast forward to last week, once again, situationally, there was an opportunity for this defense to go out there make a stop game. Oh call it a rap golf, had the whole field to drive. We should be able to make that stop. What happened we said, field goal. Yeah, that was a little push. They needed a touchdown. Not only that, you know, if I was a fit two point conversion, they had it right there as well. So to me going forward defensively, because there's going to be those games in the postseason where yeah, they'll get three or four takeaways, but it might still come down to this one drive. And defensively, we saw the past two weeks for whatever reason, they aren't able to get these stops, and to me, going forward, that's got to be something where you're like, hey, defense, we two minute drill, whatever the case may be, you got to be able to short that up because you're not going against bums a quarterback going from now on.
Speaker 6: You know, after this Washington game, you have to yes, yeah, because I was field goal all that stuff last week ahead, you're right now ahead, and I'm watching it. I'm like I'm waiting for because I'm like, okay, now they need a touchdown.
Speaker 7: This is your opportunity. This your opportunity.
Speaker 6: You got your golf back there, defense has been playing fairly well for the game. You got an opportunity now to go out here make sure they don't score touch down and you don't get it done. And I think that is a mark like that last week was that'st two weeks in a row, like it's starting now. I'm a mark of like, hey man, I'm gonna be nervous at every two minute drill before the half at the end of the game, if we not up by nine, then I don't know what type of confidence I have in us being able to stop an offense in that type of situation, Knowing the offenses that you may be facing in the playoffs, that is something that you do need to get fixed. I don't know how, because I don't know what was called and all that stuff, but those mojo moments when you at practice and you're going through two minute drill, those are times when you have to figure out a way not to let them into the end zone because it is so much harder to score a touchdown in that situation than it is to score a field goal, and you got the players on defense to do it. I just don't know what's happened over the last two weeks when you play two of the better offenses International Football League, but you cannot give up a touchdown in that situation.
Speaker 2: But thankfully shout out to that offense, the offense. Man.
Speaker 6: That's why I said were not historically and all that stuff. Now offense has to be playing well. Both of them have to be playing well in order for us to go where we want to go.
Speaker 3: Heckman, your thoughts when you actually sent.
Speaker 4: To us the TWEETLEL Collins working out for the Cowboys today.
Speaker 6: I just think about guys like Josh Vall, how bad that whole thing must be. Will let's go the guys like that Chulee Doga, and what the offensive line coaches and just staff are dealing with right now.
Speaker 2: You're in a situation, especially with Tyler.
Speaker 6: Smith being hurt, where you're worried about the left guard position, and I think that's where it is. When you said I see him as left guard. I do too. I don't see him as a tackle. I see him as a guard, and strangely oddly enough, that's where I thought he was better suited when he came out of college when they had him at guard, but they made him a right tackle. Look, my thing is this, no matter what you do, this last game is utmost important to me. He is a guy that I know that can get give you some depth there. But I'm firmly believing in TJ. Bass at this point. The guy that said left guard, Now, I don't know about a plantar fast shitest. I know you guys have been broken up over your career, so I don't know if you've had this. Okay, okay, So but I know it's painful, you know, I know it's painful, but I know it's something that they're saying that he can deal with. My thought process on him is sit him. Okay, sit him, because I don't want to either make it worse, irritated wherever it can go. We absolutely need our all everything left guard to show up.
Speaker 2: We need that.
Speaker 6: But I was thinking about you during the game, Dog, and I said, my man, d Max, he's hanging by a thread. He's hanging by a thread with Dad Quid and that defense because because you're right situationally, you know what's going on. But it's like, come on, DQ, now, don't call that again. You know they're gonna pick up on that. Don't go man right here, you know. And it's those situations that I think I'm not I know still in DQ.
Speaker 7: We trust.
Speaker 2: You're still there.
Speaker 6: I just feel like our defense at some point the warts that they can't cover up. They have to compensate another areas taking the ball away, you gotta compensate. You gotta compensate in other areas. Because teams are understanding. Man, you light, you light up front, you light, and they're gonna and when they can take advantage of what you have, they do and you and like you just said, you're not gonna come up against any cupcake offensive lines that are gonna be able. That's gonna let you get away with that unless you're playing with the league. And I'm just saying forty points at the crib, I want to be home. Yeah, listen, I'm gonna continue to say this. Okay, you hold a team.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no listen.
Speaker 6: No. With all that being said, you're right, and you gotta be able to stop You gotta be able to stop them in.
Speaker 2: That situation in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you are holding the team at nineteen twenty two points and you got all these weapons on offense and you you need to be able to score more than that. Okay, because because I'm still saying that, you're not a historically great defense, all right, so I'm not expecting you to be able to shut the team out.
Speaker 7: But it's up.
Speaker 6: Hey man, we got that, we got CD, we got we got we got Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 2: You got to be putting up more than what somebody.
Speaker 7: And they did. And they did.
Speaker 6: One morning, you know that one shout out to that tripping call. We're all talking about, shout to the tripping call. How many points they got? Come on, now they're falling out there. You know they had to say to what.
Speaker 2: Let it play out, lay out.
Speaker 8: Let them play play out.
Speaker 3: That's all we gotta do, man, Let them play out one hundred twenty five yard.
Speaker 4: Damien Wilson, former linebacker with the Cowboys, also is in for a tryout. Well, Damien, you know your former player thoughts on that when I was playing with him, he was a good player.
Speaker 5: I mean, he was one of them special teams cast that you know, run through a brick wall. And then he got some time to play on the defensive side of the football, and he really took advantage of it. So I didn't really get to see him much last year. I believe Chris Being told us he played for Carolina. I want to say I didn't really see much on him last year, but when he was here and when he was with Kansas City and they won that Super Bowl, I think he was a stud linebacker.
Speaker 6: He was a young guy, very young when I was here, so yeah, he was. He was my special team's gout. He was one of those dudes, So don't I don't know much about him on defense, but then if you put him in there on special teams and he's gonna be have a role there as well, then I think I think he helps you out, especially with some depth in linebacker. I think you need that. And the same things we talked about Tyler Smith earlier. I think I think the Layo Collins thing, it shures you up in a few spots because you know, Tyrn Smith is great, okay, but you never know when something may happen. Then you had an opportunity, you had that situation where you were Zach Martin right, and then now you lose Tyler Smith. You like, we need more depth at that position. It was late in the season. They gonna throw him out there. You better than Peters.
Speaker 3: That's all he.
Speaker 7: Needs to be.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm saying if something else were to we have had issues. We have had issues. You need you need at least a body to put it in there, because it's some guys we just don't trust.
Speaker 2: To go in the game.
Speaker 8: It's a few real quick. What's the name went off Hutchinson.
Speaker 6: He went off. Everybody plays, make no mistake. That is the real deal. And the secondary and the secondary they gave up two twenty whatever, they gave up the CD. But other than that, man they were having they were playing some outstanding ball on defense. They had some broken plays obviously that we were I don't know, fifty five months be with the game being no crime.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know what's I don't miss that one? How do you miss that? Man? Do you miss how you getting small?
Speaker 7: It small?
Speaker 6: You can't get what I'm watching that on film as a coach, and I'm upset and you know that that's the player when you.
Speaker 2: Don't get a vision like, oh god, I guess.
Speaker 7: Zero.
Speaker 2: It was nobody back there. I didn't miss that. How do you? I mean? And I'm looking at it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, man, that's that is That's one of those crazy things that happened in football. That's that's unexplainable. Will take it. But no, that defensive line, that line there, that team in general that I was really impressed with the line with the Lions. That's a tough squad. You know, I didn't understand. I'm telling you. Dan Campbell confused me. I'm serious.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 6: I'm like, man, if somebody have a spell on this dude, why don't ownership call down to the sideline and say to him.
Speaker 2: Kick the field goal? Kick the field goal?
Speaker 6: And I know we that took away from what you would have been talking about Mike McCarthy there at the end of the game and him throwing those passes instead of running the ball to run the clock out, the tripping penalty and all of that. But you're at a at a point where coaches are just blowing games with bad decisions.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you this, Let me ask all y'all real quick.
Speaker 5: In that situation, I'm about the last play, the two minute things all right, understandable. You don't get it the first time, for whatever reason, you get another opportunity. You end up going forward again. It's our sides or whatever it was for the second two point conversion. At that point, God is telling me something. You gotta kick right, and I gotta kick it on that one.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 6: I feel like the man had this, like he already knew this was how it was gonna play out if he got in that situation up during the week. We're going up to Das, were playing on the road. We got a chance to win it. I don't care, and I'm not I'm not getting off that bus. I'm not getting off that bus. And he stuck with it, and he stuck with it and that one works. So in his mind he's like, I got another one that to work, and you know, he helped us out.
Speaker 2: So shout out, shout out to kick that was. That was.
Speaker 6: That was probably one of the weirdest moments in football that I've ever had. When I'm watching the guy, you get the penalty, you move back, you're at the seven yard line, and you still elect to go. I mean, like then you get saved again either, Like sums up. That was a weird situation.
Speaker 4: I went to his press conference after the game because I just wanted to hear the explanation.
Speaker 3: So you know, they're asking him and he's trying.
Speaker 4: To be all mad every time, you know, frustrated, and he was like, Bro, you messed up. Just come on out and just say you said whatever you want about the rest. But June as a decision maker messed up because after the two it's time to go ahead, kick the point, went after take it overtime, but his old bravado and all that kind of his ego would let him do it.
Speaker 3: So I'm just like sitting there just listening to this whole thing.
Speaker 4: And then they kept it short and the PR guy was trying to protect him and he left.
Speaker 3: But he didn't want to really be.
Speaker 4: Accountable for his decision as a head coach to just simply say, Okay, we tried it, let's abort, make an adjustment.
Speaker 3: We not to make an adjustment now and move on out of this.
Speaker 4: But hey, he'll be okay because everybody in Detroit is fine from the standpoint that they are NFC North champs.
Speaker 3: They're spending the whole week saying how they got.
Speaker 4: Ribbed, and he's he's basically going to be let off the hook for pulling the Brandon Staley here and not using why judgment.
Speaker 2: No, he did the expectation and in destroyed is a lot lower.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: The fact fact they won the North and the first time I don't know how long, and they're hosting a whole playoff game. I think at that point it like we're playing with house money.
Speaker 2: I think it's a.
Speaker 6: Horrible But Danny, you right, I mean you, Danny, You're absolutely right. Because that was the thing that really shocked me when he came in and said, I went to the referee, I showed them exactly what we were going to do. I told them how many guys were going to walk up to it and report, and we did exactly that. So they already had that play circle, they knew how they were going to try and execute it. And when it didn't work according to plan, after he had already explained it, I think that's what he was livid about.
Speaker 2: That man, I already.
Speaker 6: Told y'all was about to try some triggeration and you ain't let the play.
Speaker 7: Go that chasing it and let me get my money back and then.
Speaker 2: You know that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Wall. If it don't work the first time, then go ahead and kick the field, Go take the two point, I mean take the pat and then go into overtime. But I just thought that was crazy.
Speaker 4: Let's get a break in here. There's a running back who's about to become a free agent. Jerry Jones said on his radio show today he has a concerned about the running game. Let's dive into that next with Mary Churcheckmharrison, Dani Mcrabnews, Scarusts play Aslauch Body by Tostitos right here on Dallascowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 14: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny mccraid Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a coolie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 13: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right.
Speaker 3: It's not the he escapes left. He'll run for a per style.
Speaker 11: Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 13: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 3: All right, this comes from Tom.
Speaker 2: You're muted. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It wouldn't be the new year.
Speaker 8: How's that.
Speaker 3: Talk about that? He turned out because Shannon's in here before me. I don't know Shan has a hearing problem, but.
Speaker 7: It's blasted.
Speaker 2: Walking in the street.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like, so I'm like this, so I hit the new button. My bad, bad.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Tom Pelasero of NFL dot Com has put out on social media four time Pro Bowl running back Dalvin Cook and the Jets have mutually agreed to part ways, allowing Cook the opportunity to play for a playoff team per his agency LA Sports Entertainment. So based on what is being reported, he could potentially become free. I bring this up because Jerry Jones on his radio show today said he does have a concern for the Cowboys running game, which we can't remember the last time they had one hundred yards in a game. And I can't tell you, man, last time I think Tony Pollitt's had one hundred yard, I can't.
Speaker 8: Really remember it.
Speaker 4: So Dalvincook, would you entertain him if you are the Cowboys? Based on this tweet from NFL dot coms Tom pela sera, no, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, listen, there's a reason why he couldn't crack the lineup up there with the Jets. They were trying to get that figured out, like he was frustrated, never really got a chance to get going. And I don't think he's better than Tony Poller when I'm looking at a guy like Tony Poller. I don't want to then take touches away from him because you want to see, now what Brent, what Dalvin Cook to do? Like, I don't want to see that. If we're going to figure out a way to fix our running game, the guy that we're paying ten million dollars to, that's the guy that we need to try to figure out how to get going. Like, I don't even want those questions to be like, oh, well give Seith Mo Carris and this dude man only getting sixteen.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm going to say it like this.
Speaker 6: You know, Dalvin Cook made a mistake by going to the Jets anyway, he thought that Breece Hall was hurt.
Speaker 2: Brist Hall came back better than that.
Speaker 6: Was.
Speaker 2: Is that what brist Hall got burning? They was like they looked over Davin, like what are you here for?
Speaker 6: They let him make that money all the way through the season and cut him at the end of the season because he wasn't gonna get no burn anyway for whatever incentive was there if he was on the roster or whatever. But look at this point, y'all, we've got to be genuinely concerned about our running game. Last week you were talking about touches where Tony Poler was gonna be I was saying, Hey, we just need him to mimic some other guys on other teams that never got that production.
Speaker 2: Either. Go ahead, you don't forget nothing.
Speaker 6: No, but it's one of those We're in a situation right now as you as you have mentioned, when you're going deep into the playoffs, especially I'm just talking about at this point San Francisco, you have to have a guy that can control the ground. You have to you and we're at the point right now, especially with all the conversations that we've had about CD thirteen for two twenty seven and two touchdowns. He only had one, but the one that went through the end zone a touchback. That's the kind of game you need from CD in Candlestick or in Levy Stadium. He's somebody's gonna have to go off if we don't have a running game. And right now, you can't trust your running game. And that's why I think at that just to milk the clock the end of the game, Mike McCarthy could not depend on a running game to at least make them burn time out, to at least put them into a situation where look, they're scrambling to try and at least get a few seconds. That's what a good running game would do for you, you know. And I'm saying no also because again it's an unknown.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if he had if Dalvin has it.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, we've got to figure out a way over the next five weeks because that's what we're playing for the next five weeks to get to Vegas. It's gonna be with at least twenty five percent better than what we're getting in the running game right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna make it three at three.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying no when it comes to Dalvin Cook, and it's just simply believed because I don't believe, you know, not only is he not better than Pollard, I don't think he's better than Rico. If we look at it, you know, from out this sea throughout the season and what we've seen from both players.
Speaker 8: You know, I think Rico is a better option right now then then Cook is.
Speaker 5: And that's what it really comes down to, because you know, I can't defend my guy anymore, you know, Tony Pollard, you know, trying to stand on the table saying we need to give them more cares. They gave him the opportunities and you just, you know, nothing came to fluition when you talk about that Detroit game and what they were able to do on the ground. So to me, you know, if it was a if there was a guy out there that you know, maybe could be better than Rico, then for sure, I say, you know, kick the tires on them. But to me, I don't think Cook gives you a better option than Rico Dala at this point. So I stick with those two guys.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to disagree with all three of you from the five yard mark. In been a problem, That's true. Pollard hasn't been able to fix it. Rico Daddle hasn't been able to fix it. Could Dalvin Cook be that person? And if Dalvin Cook is a guy with his bigger body can find a way to get you in on first and goal from the five or three or the two or one versus Hunter Lifkey, then let me see what Dalvin Cook can do. Because the red zone has been an issue. Maybe they win that game in Miami. If Dalvin Cook is getting football, absolutely, that's where I look at it as and I'm not trying to replace Pollard. I'm not trying to necessarily replace frecodable, but I am going back to what Skip Peete talked about why Pollard was effective and just having that thunder lightning thing. There's no thunder for the Cowboys right now. They don't have a hammer. It got so bad that the hammer. Are you sitting up here asking hunterd Limkey to go do it?
Speaker 6: Yes, duce Vaughn comes in last game two Carris two yards, you're not.
Speaker 7: I mean that's not that's not enough.
Speaker 2: No, that's not.
Speaker 6: But if he did have one kiss for ten, yes, you want to find somebody to getting the pass the game.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: For me at this point in time. That's where I'm looking at me. Do we we all agree that got an issue from the.
Speaker 2: Five yards on it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 5: But then then you're taking a spot from a guy that could possibly play teams because Dalvin's not gonna go out there and play team.
Speaker 3: Let's just say they get Collins and coach.
Speaker 5: You got two guys, veteran guys that won't play teams that are taking up, you know, roster spots for other guys out there. Is having a you know, goal line back more important than yes, than having somebody that yes.
Speaker 6: I also don't consider Dalvon cooking goal line back. But he may run harder than Tony Paouler. But I mean there work of weeks where we were like, look at Tony Powler right when you was like, oh man, look look at look how hard Tony Pouler's running all that stuff. I just don't know about Dalvin Cook, maybe because I got a little fantasy trauma fantasy football.
Speaker 2: Tu No, no, no, it was worse.
Speaker 6: It was. He wasn't doing nothing on the goal line either. They started putting Madison in there on the goal Dalvin Cook. But no, I guess I guess we'll see what type of moves they make. But for me, were passing team.
Speaker 8: Though for me that's my issue.
Speaker 7: We're fast team. They are like, yeah, can we run the ball and when we need to?
Speaker 8: You've got a problem right now, put the quarterback.
Speaker 6: And run a situation. Get you some read options. Get that figured out. No, I'm not I'm not saying have the threats running.
Speaker 7: No listening to the owner.
Speaker 6: Today on this show, we ran quarterback listen, we ran quarterback lead Okay, we ran read options so far this season, you need to figure out a way to just push.
Speaker 4: With Dalvin Cooking there, it could be better, That's all I'm saying. I would, I would be looking at it, and they'll be interested. You would kick the tires, oh, without a doubt, because I've got an issue. Michael Gelkin had raised the question of Mike McCarthy a couple of weeks ago about got issues from the five, and he tried to duck and dodge around, you know, try to protect some players.
Speaker 3: But even after this season, that's something that's.
Speaker 8: Got to be addressed.
Speaker 4: Will be so if you have the ability right now and you're talking about trying to to go deep in the playoffs, I don't see how you can ignore this issue right now with a player like this, according to his agent, about to be released.
Speaker 3: You have to pick up the got to pick up the phone.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna call, tell tell Ell Collins to come through, and Damien Wilson to come through. Why wouldn't you tell Dalvin cook hey man, come on through. And so I know what you're saying about special team spot, but I go back to that Miami game. If you get a ball Dalvin Cooking, the scores so yeah, that's a whole different deal. And it's a small thing, but small things are big things in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: No, this is and this is also finishing off runs, finding the right hole, having vision. And when we start talking about those two players, I think I would trust doubt Cook over his career has been one of those players that's had better vision. Sometimes when I'm watching Tony Pollard, I'm like, man, where you're going it's and I'm sure the coaches are seeing the same thing. And so that's why you've had this steady rotation in between him and Rico Dallin. It's not that Rico Dadle is that much more of running back than he is. I don't I don't see the drop off, you know, I don't see. Okay, we go down to a hand and this is what is? You know.
Speaker 8: I just think that right now, man, our running game is something.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, uh, fun stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it on Wednesday, as we get closer and closer to the.
Speaker 8: The NFC East is ours, though it's.
Speaker 3: Not hoping dream dream Barry church.
Speaker 8: Strutch brought to you by.
Speaker 3: We'll see it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club