Speaker 1: It's a very special episode today because Jeffrey is in our podcast Open What's Happened? It is where we open and we let everybody know it's a new episode today, and then we go back and we read a couple of comments. But today, Jeff, we've got to tell everyone that we've got another live video up on.
Speaker 2: Our YouTube page. Yeah, I have a second day Well, I mean that's what we call them.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, they're like live to tape and then we put the recording up to don't complicate the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure it's a live video.
Speaker 1: You could see one of our second date updates happening in the studio right now.
Speaker 2: It is our second one and it's up on our YouTube page. African Jeffrey, I think that's what Jeff meant to say. Yeah, that's definitely what he meant.
Speaker 1: Ye, And it's great. People are loving it. What are some of the comments coming?
Speaker 4: In?
Speaker 2: More videos?
Speaker 3: Please let's go.
Speaker 1: I love this way better when it's a video and not a static image.
Speaker 2: See our faces are an improvement, which is.
Speaker 1: Oh this one the new thumbnail made me think this was a pirate account.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should probably report it just to be.
Speaker 1: Safe, all right, again, follow definitely at Brook and Jeffrey please on YouTube and right now we're rolling out those videos once a week, so hopefully we're going to ramp that up and there's gonna be more of them soon. But for today, go enjoys yesterday's and right now enjoy this brand new second Date podcast live.
Speaker 2: No, this one's we don't call it that.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, jeff you.
Speaker 1: Don't get it. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 5: In this busy, crazy, insane world, sometimes schedules just don't match when it's time to pick a time.
Speaker 3: For a first date.
Speaker 5: Seriously, that's why you got to be flexible. Like our listener Danny, when the girl he went out with apparently suggested, Hey, why.
Speaker 3: Don't I just tag along with you while you go run errands?
Speaker 5: And he thinks that turned out pretty well according to his email.
Speaker 2: Well that's interesting because he's on the phone with us.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that's a little bit of a flaw. He's not a callback, so we're going to try to help him today. Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Danny, Hey Danny, Hey Danny.
Speaker 3: Sorry we should have done I should have cued the applause.
Speaker 4: But what's up?
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just wasn't responding because he's still multitasking.
Speaker 5: Oh you know the story now, yeah, to do this, he's still in the middle of running your chores or are you ready to talk to us?
Speaker 4: No, I'm here, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Okay, check that one off the list.
Speaker 5: So tell us about this woman that convinced you to run errands with her.
Speaker 4: Well, I matched with viv On Hinge and I've been I've been on and off that app because I was actually catfished once before. It was it was real bad, So I had to take a couple of months off. Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 5: You get your heart like excited about someone and they weren't real.
Speaker 1: That's so funny that you think. The first thing I thought was how much money did you lose?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I really? Yeah? Scarred? Scarred?
Speaker 2: Okay, while okay.
Speaker 4: So I got back out there and I'm matched with this lovely girl, viv and we were chatting and she asked if I had plans this weekend and I was kind of just joking around and I was like, I got to hit up the Trader Joe's and She's like, oh, oh my God, like can I go with you?
Speaker 5: And it was cool always tell me about it.
Speaker 2: So she came on your errands.
Speaker 1: I was thinking it was the TJ's.
Speaker 5: Every girl perks up and they're like, absolutely, I want to be there.
Speaker 2: So you were like, yeah, I come with me grocery shopping, right, So we met up.
Speaker 4: We went grocery shopping and it was what it was. I got my groceries and we put them in my car, but then also got some extra stuff because we decided just to go down the road a bit and do a little picnic. We got some branded chips, got that kettle corn, little delitray, you know all the goodies do They.
Speaker 2: Have this like olive dip that I love.
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: You should have gotten some of that, but it has like hunks of cheese. Anyway, But how did it go?
Speaker 4: It went really good. Honestly, it was kind of the most different, unique date that I've ever really been on. I figured we might do something after and I'm a little bit of a nerd, so I brought little Lego set to build just so we kept an activity. I don't know, but we hung out.
Speaker 3: What did you build?
Speaker 4: It was just a little Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Actually, why am I picturing the Death Star?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The five hundred dollars thousand dollars, lego set Hey, the other.
Speaker 2: Side of this we.
Speaker 3: Planet right now.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you built it? Did you let her take it with her?
Speaker 4: I kept it, She didn't ask. I don't think that was the idy of the issue. The only thing, so this is why I'm calling y'all is because at one point she had to use the park restroom and she walked off and she looked back at me. We don't know. For some reason, I blew her a kiss. We were having we were having the picnic thing. The vibe was there, No, and then she then she turned back again and I then I did it again, you second time, and she didn't blow back. She didn't blow back.
Speaker 5: Had you really like, actually kissed her before this or this is your first step to kissing?
Speaker 4: No? No, But we're still continued with our afternoon, and at the end of it, I went for it and I did give her a kiss, and it landed in real life.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So she didn't they cringe too much from seeing you blow a kiss.
Speaker 2: There's just something about blowing blowing It's just not sex.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, as long as there was no tongue in the air, kiss.
Speaker 3: I think this is sound.
Speaker 2: That is interesting. I never thought about a friend a French air kiss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be romantic.
Speaker 5: Oh, someone's gonna try that, all right, So good thing you left it with an actual mouth to mouth kiss.
Speaker 3: That went. Well. What's happened since.
Speaker 4: I just tried to I tried to reach out to her and she hasn't returned any of my tex I'm just unsure where we're at right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like after your first experience of that terrible catfish like getting ghosted is not what you need right now after being on the apps.
Speaker 3: Nod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it sounds like you're doing a good job though, Like that was creative, it was spontaneous, which is fun.
Speaker 2: There was some flirting, a good kiss, like we got a lot to work with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm optimistic when we come back and we call Viv for you, try to get you your second date up, damn it. Give you a little good luck forehead kiss before we start.
Speaker 2: Just that's also not.
Speaker 5: I didn't even put tongue on it. Bro, I don't even know lick is for her for good luck. We'll see how it goes when we come back and get you your second date.
Speaker 3: Update right after this hold.
Speaker 2: On brooking Jeffrey in the morning updates.
Speaker 5: One date, three kisses, two of them air kisses without tongue, one of them a mouth kiss tongue questionable.
Speaker 1: I don't think we need to go real hard on whether or not what the tongue was doing.
Speaker 2: Let's just leave that.
Speaker 3: We're not that deep of investigative reporters. Although I'm kind of sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but our listener Danny took his date viv to Trader Joe's and turned grocery shopping into a little cute picnic in a nearby park.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's actually a pretty romantic date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was even considered enough to bring an activity for them to do, a lego Star Wars set that they could build together.
Speaker 2: I think that's so cute.
Speaker 5: And then at the end, when she asked politely to have it, he ripped it out of her hands and said.
Speaker 2: He's got.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: She never asked for it.
Speaker 3: She didn't want it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and apparently she didn't want Danny either, because she has not returned any of his calls or his texts.
Speaker 1: No, I just picture him sitting by himself right now on the other end of the phone. Holding his lego Star Wars set.
Speaker 3: You got your Star Wars set nearby you, Danny.
Speaker 4: Look, it was an a RC one seventy Starfighter. It was pretty complicated to put together.
Speaker 2: I think my eight year old son built that one a couple of months ago.
Speaker 5: About okay, So if we can't get you a romantic date with Viv, we could at least get you a playdate with books Sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, but he's got to be a smart kid, because I was pretty complicated.
Speaker 2: No, he does the fifteen plus lego shouts No, the age is fifteen pluss.
Speaker 5: It's not quite a man yet, is he. Anyway, let's try and reach out to Viv here. We'll see if she answers the phone and hopefully has an explanation for why she's not responding.
Speaker 3: Are you ready, Danny?
Speaker 4: I'm as ready as I can be.
Speaker 3: Wrere we go. Hello. Hey, is this Viv?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is this hey Viv. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Sorry, if you're busy. You sound a little busy.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 5: This is something that we do on our show. We hope you can be a part of it. It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 1: It's kind of flattering, honestly to be featured on it. I mean, somebody likes you and is excited about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're trying to hyper.
Speaker 3: Up ye, really trying to sell you on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we reach out to somebody to try and figure out if there's a reason they're not calling the other person back after a date.
Speaker 3: And today we're doing that for a guy named Danny.
Speaker 5: Danny, Yeah, because Danny told us about your date, and the interesting part about it to me was that you guys had a kiss at the end, right before you left.
Speaker 2: I'm going to jump right into that part of it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the most interesting part that there would be a kiss at the end of and then you still wouldn't be like responding to him at all. I'm just reading the signals, and I didn't think that he was interested.
Speaker 1: What's which you possibly are we talking about the same guy?
Speaker 3: What signals are you reading?
Speaker 4: The day after our date, I went to his dating profile and he was updating it, like his pictures and bios.
Speaker 3: So like, that tells me he's doing that for someone else.
Speaker 1: But it's not like you deleted your dating profile. You were still on there enough to be able to see.
Speaker 4: His Yeah, but like, I'm not doing an overhaul of my profile.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, what is he updating overhauling? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: I'm like his pictures, even his bio.
Speaker 5: I guess I could see what she's saying, Like, it's a mixed signal when you go out with someone one day and then the next morning you're changing everything on your profile trying.
Speaker 2: To get new matches.
Speaker 1: But before we start making assumptions about what that means, like didn't you have a great time with them? It sounds like you really wanted to see him again, and even like maybe saw yourself in a relationship with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I had a great time, which is why I was a little confused.
Speaker 2: Too much, because is that the only thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't think it's reading into it too much. Dating is trash, and.
Speaker 1: But the interesting piece is that he's had the same terrible experiences you have, Like he just finally got back on the dating app because it had been so.
Speaker 2: Awful for him.
Speaker 5: And if you're into reading signals about whether or not he's interested, I would say it's a pretty strong signal that he's asked this radio show to reach out to you and maybe even stronger that he's been waiting on the other line, wanting to jump in and speak to you romance.
Speaker 3: He's on the other line. Yeah, I think so we forgot to ask about that. I'm kind of glad we didn't. Danny, are you there?
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, I'm I'm here.
Speaker 5: Could you understand what Vivi is talking about. Why it's a red flag that you're immediately updating your dating profile.
Speaker 4: Well, it's totally not like that. Actually, I didn't update my profile to get more girls. I honestly I did that for my mom. What that sounds really bad?
Speaker 3: How did you make it wor?
Speaker 4: No? No, my mom is on the app too, because I don't do Facebook or other social medias and she doesn't have Instagram. We don't live close, and it's really the only way that we can keep up with each other. So I just wanted her to have a new pick.
Speaker 1: You don't need a lie, man, Praying to God, that's a lie.
Speaker 4: I'm not lying. That's how I keep in touch with her, That's how she knows what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, But doesn't it mean if she's going to see you like your stuff and what you're doing. Doesn't she you have to like match with you on the dating app, keep you in her algorithm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it doesn't mean that you're actually romantic with someone.
Speaker 2: Are you talking?
Speaker 4: It's my mom. It's my mom. And that's just a technicality. It's the only way that she She's always wanted me to sender picks and look at my profile.
Speaker 5: Well, and I gotta I gotta get on my tender and send my mom a pick real quick.
Speaker 1: So is that how you guys communicate within the dating app instead of via text?
Speaker 4: It's just like what I said, like, this is how we communicate. Okay, that's what we do.
Speaker 3: I look at that. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: He wasn't trying to get other women. He was just trying to show his mom what a fun life he had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're saying, awfully quiet, I'm curious what's going through your mind?
Speaker 3: She are actually believing this? I still it's so it'd.
Speaker 2: Be worse to make this a lie.
Speaker 3: One of those so creative, Like how would you think of this? The lie? Creative is a very generous word for what's happened.
Speaker 4: Oh here, I'm being completely serious. I didn't match with my mom, but it's honestly just for the pick. She likes to know my hobbies and what I'm doing. It's not weird. I'm not. I'm not so it's weird. Is your mom also dating on the hinge like she does her own thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah's your thing?
Speaker 4: Like if she shouldn't do Hinge, she can do Instagram Like that is so weird.
Speaker 5: It does feel like you'd be able to teach her how to use another more appropriate social media platform for communicating with parents.
Speaker 1: We could go back and forth on what his mom should do and shouldn't do. The whole point was viv thought that he was interested in other women, and he's obviously not.
Speaker 2: He obviously wants to date.
Speaker 3: You know, but he's still matching with his mom.
Speaker 5: On the dating parents on social media as a whole other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not just my mom, it's my dad too. He lives in a completeletly different state. They're not together, and he's been trying to match with dudes to find me. Take it forever.
Speaker 2: It's a very open family. Yeah, we're not.
Speaker 4: Dating each other.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's just trying to match with you familiar.
Speaker 2: Whatever. It's what he's doing.
Speaker 5: But is it it's just weird because you could be actively cheating on your girlfriend and say, oh, I'm just on here for my parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you end up in a relationship with Viv, I think Jeff's right, you're gonna have to find a different.
Speaker 2: Form of communication for your mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, I don't know. In my mind, even if I get married, I'm still gonna have my dating bio and picks up for my mom.
Speaker 3: It's just easier way.
Speaker 1: That's a word wedding photos on there though, so people will know that you. Actually, I really thought your answer is gonna be like, yeah, obviously.
Speaker 3: He's hardline, hinged for life.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, that's a different well Okay, I was trying.
Speaker 3: That's the conclusion here, guys.
Speaker 5: It really comes down to Viv's conclusion. Because we would like to offer to send you on another date with Danny. If you're open to giving him one more chance, we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. I believe him because I've met him. However, I don't know if I could handle like the lack of boundaries, Like there are so many other.
Speaker 3: Ways to communicate other than her being on hinge.
Speaker 4: But you don't get it. She's on hinge all the time. This is how we talk.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's where you're competing for your mother's attention with all.
Speaker 3: This is more out of convenience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, well all that could be done by text.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: You know, Viv, we tried to make this happen, but it's sounding like it's a no from.
Speaker 3: You and Danny.
Speaker 5: You're not willing to abandon your mom online unmatchre Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, any chick that is gonna ask me to choose between her and my mom, it's just not going to end. Well, there's no way in their boundaries rights.
Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I didn't bring it up to Danny, but this is totally something my mom would want to do.
Speaker 2: She'd want to imagine you want to.
Speaker 3: Do, she would do hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Want to go on JAD find me, take a few screenshots and put it into my family newsletter for all my aunts and uncles to see.
Speaker 3: Like, look, there's jeff He likes the outdoors. He's into bird play and inflatables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a big boy.
Speaker 3: He's growing up so quickly.
Speaker 2: On Facebook.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, everybody would see jd profile.
Speaker 2: You may be up there.
Speaker 1: She has made you profiles before without your know that's true.
Speaker 5: I haven't gone in check to see how many more she's created for me. It does sound like Danny is a lot more comfortable with the idea of interacting with his mother on dating profiles.
Speaker 3: Then I would be.
Speaker 2: The yeah yeah, yeah. I mean you wouldn't participate.
Speaker 1: It would just be your mob talking back and forth with the fake Jeffrey profile that she made for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or with the other women on the app, which is even more horrifying.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is weird.
Speaker 1: He's just like he was so close to hearing her and then stopped listening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just drew a line in the sand. Yeah, him and his mom are going to be matched on a hinge for life.
Speaker 2: I think that's the way mommy wants it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems like they're all happy, but didn't work out for a second date. Update doesn't mean it can't work out for you. If you ever need help in your love life, email the show. We can call the person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second Day podcasts. They're up online wherever you get yours app.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey