Speaker 1: So, Kevin, before we jump into today, I want to talk about an upcoming benefit concert that I am producing, that I am involved in and that I roped you into as well. So this is Gennamural and Friends a Night of Song, and this is benefiting Harvest Home, which is an organization in LA that provides support for unhoused pregnant women. It's truly an incredible organization. The people running in are so amazing and I've met many of the women in the house who are there now. We've just throw a baby shower for them, and it is truly remarkable how amazing these women are. And you know, just with a little bit of support and help, like how they can thrive. So I'm so thrilled that we are doing this event. It's called Genermural and Friends and Night a Song. It's going to feature pop and Broadway songs performed by all of our wonderful friends who can sing their little faces off, including you. It's incredible. You know, we got some good friends who are willing to do good things.
Speaker 2: I feel honored to have been asked in a part of this group. You have people like Jesse Tyler, Ferguson, Shyanne Jackson, Are you kidding me? Rachel Vaig Jones, myself, Austin Mackenzie, Ty Taylor, Tracy Tom's, Carly Thomas Smith, and Kim Dawson.
Speaker 1: And it's produced by our dear friend Seth Radetski. He's incredible and his partner, James Wesley Jackson, who is producing it from New York. He's putting it all together for us. He graciously was I asked him, and I was like, you know, you don't have to say us, and he's like yes, So he's flying himself out for this and yeah, and you and I are singing a song together lots of there's going to be lots of bops. It's going to be an awesome night. And it's also going to be amazing because we're raising money for the you know, Harvest Home, so that's the most important thing. So it's April twenty first at the Eli and Edith Road Stage in Santa Monica. Tickets are on sales, so go to Harvest Home La dot org Slash Benefit Concert to get your tickets now. Come see us on April twenty first in Santa Monica. And for those of you who can't make it in La we are actually adding a live stream so you guys can see it live and it's free. We just asked that if you're considering watching the show, that you if you can donate. No amount is too small, and just to raise awareness, tell your friends about this organization and watch it, you know, have a little watch party. And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what you really miss podcast. Oh today, Kevin, we have the one and only an icon, Becky Jackson. It's Lauren Botter.
Speaker 2: Truly an icon. I when you think about Glee, like she is just weaved within the fabric of the entire show.
Speaker 1: And how lucky she has storked with Jane and Jane gets to work with her. Yes, really so funny. I guess we'll let her to speak for herself because we're just so grateful for Warren to come on the show.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: You know it's been so long I seeing you, guys.
Speaker 1: I know you look so good. Long you look great. Wow, I can't even remember the last time I saw you. Oh, it's good to see you, Lauren.
Speaker 3: D to see you guys.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. How about you?
Speaker 1: We're good, good, good. I'm so happy you're here. Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 3: I can't believe on doing this. I'm so excited, but I'm excited to see all of you.
Speaker 1: Well, we're so excited to talk to you about. You are the I mean iconic Becky Jackson, I mean iconic. We've been rewatching and you're so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good watching this back. You are truly like the breakout star of this show. Every in like Jane Lynch is an icon and we were all so scared to work with her, and you are keeping up with her and every single scene like You're incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: Did you know about the show at all when you got the part?
Speaker 3: No? No, I did that know.
Speaker 1: Even better? Yeah, So what was it like playing Becky? What what was it like for you, especially to work with Jane so closely?
Speaker 3: Becky and Jane has a lot. Yes, when I was doing like The Men and Me with Jay Lynch, that was amazing. It was a good. When Jane Lynch was, you know, in my trailer and when things gets you know, love days from Taylor and say hey, Lauren, it's got be okay, and to calm me, to calm myself down. And she you know, our very close friends. The first time when I met her, I said, I love you in this movie called Alisillo La Story, and I just love her one which was you know, pick up those bistics because it's been years is lit da I was. She was so down to earth. She was so nice a person, you know, like favorite, but because you know Becky was you know, a bully and she wasn't very nice at all, but she's a beat a little bit beat spirited and softened her heart. And and Jane when Jane Lynch, she when she and I were playing together, she was houckey me and and all that. And it was so nice and so sweet when you know, like any at the end, you know, when us when we were like doing this interview thing with Susan Bester, I was like, because Becky was so nice then right with a white friend, Yeah right, amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah you so yeah, you had a great journey. I mean you got to do so many comedic things. We watched an episode where Becky was mad you didn't get nominated for prom queen if you had this incredible montage. Oh it was one of the best things I've ever seen on the show. You were so good at comedy. You were so good comedy with the romantic stuff. You were good. We got to date for a little bit.
Speaker 1: You and I went, Yes, that was.
Speaker 2: Very exciting because I never got to that. I think that was the only time I ever got to do like a date at Breadsticks, when all the other characters have been to dates at bread Sticks. I was like, yes, finally, so you and I got to have a great time at bread Sticks.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Had you before Glee? Have you done much acting?
Speaker 3: I did not just Glee. I've been in a mo'll be called the Blue Sky hmm, yeah, because that was stick to you so and I did to cockle med Switch Up first Yeah, and other shows and yeah the commercials Wow.
Speaker 1: Because you came on there and you knew what to do like you were.
Speaker 3: I am the biggest quote. I had a huge quote of acting. Uh, you know an actress for.
Speaker 1: A long long time. That's right, that's right. Do you have a favorite memory or day on set?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I have so many. My faceoite was when I was with Corn Monte when we were at this golf part and he was in his track basketball uniform and we take pictures and everything and with you guys. Also, yeah, oh yeah, I miss Corey Montive too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We were also lucky to get to work with him, weren't we. Oh yeah, we are.
Speaker 3: We are so lucky.
Speaker 1: Everybody who comes on the show always says Corey. But Corey was the nicest. Corey was the best. Everybody always says that. It's true though, because he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also, but when he gave Becky, like, you know, there was more heart heart candy, to tell you the truth, that was my birth time having a guy who be heart candy. I wish I had that kind of you know, kind of spark with somebody.
Speaker 1: In real life. I mean, we all do it. Corey. Do you have a favorite song from the show. Is there one that sticks out to you?
Speaker 3: My favorite is say Lot Prayer for You. That's a good one, baby, favorite songs. And I just loved a lot of good song So, like sure, Jean was singing, and and Kevin was singing, Oh my God, and Kevin, when I when I was listening to you singing, you know you know, uh that when you were in a wheelchairs.
Speaker 1: When I sing to you in the auditorium. Yes, honestly, honestly.
Speaker 2: The billy song, I think, yeah, when you honesty honesty, Yeah, honesty.
Speaker 3: Honesty or the other one. It was when you were you know, weard chair when you were like saying.
Speaker 2: Moves like Jagger on my own oh, dancing dancing by myself. Yeah, that's such.
Speaker 1: A good one. That's O g R D right there. That's all school song.
Speaker 3: And yeah, when when you were seen in some people I kid the girl.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, my audition song. You know, I saw I saw Cord yesterday and we were talking about and I said, Lauren's coming on the podcast. He said, oh, my gosh. And we were laughing about the episode where we sneak into the school at night to do the the senior like breaking night, and you show up and use you throw the eleven hour energies on us. It was so funny. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: Did you know you were this funny? Like did you always like like with your family and friends, Like, were you like the comedic person, because on the show you were always so funny.
Speaker 3: I am hilarious.
Speaker 1: I love that confidence.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm really funny and I energetic a lot. My my parents and my family always say that that I am a funny person.
Speaker 2: You are a funny person, and the rest of the world knows now too, because you on the show. I feel like you because in real life you are so sweet and so nice and becky. Like you said, sometimes it was a little sometimes she.
Speaker 1: Yes. Was that fun for you.
Speaker 2: To get to play a character that was so different than how you are in real life?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so much fun? Be you a little bit narky?
Speaker 1: Totally? That's right, it's a lot of But.
Speaker 3: I'm not like that someimes. I am.
Speaker 1: No, Laura, You've been so you know, outspoken about down syndrome awareness and amazing President Barack Obama appointing you as a member of the President's Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities. I mean incredible, that's so incredible. Can you tell us about what that was like for you? What did that feel like? And then how why is it important for you to be an advocate for this and to speak out about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I was appointed by the personal Obama, and I give him advice about things with people with intellectual disabilities. And those doors are open wide for flee and and me and for everybody, not just meet just like everybody else and I I didn't get to meet personal Obama, but I got to meet the president dog named Bo.
Speaker 1: So cute.
Speaker 3: We found an opportunity. And and also oh it's this to meet Michelle Obama.
Speaker 1: That's she's really the president.
Speaker 3: She slipped away by her bodyguards.
Speaker 1: You know, did you like at the White House? Was that crazy?
Speaker 3: Oh? It was awesome that he wasn't me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And because I have, like, you know, a picture I was the honored debt. He got me up like a platthord of the certificate in our wall in the hallway. It was by him and Hnary Clinton.
Speaker 1: Wowow cool honored.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, I think that speaks to one how great you were on the show. But also you were on the show for a very long time, and you were I think people who don't normally see themselves on TV every single week in a show that is that successful. You mean a lot to a lot of people. When you're out in public and like, you know, fans come up to you or anything. Have you heard some great story worries about that where you know, people just are so thankful that, you know, Becky was on the show.
Speaker 3: I had tons of bands. It was a really funny story that when I was in Canada, I get like, you know, like a lot like people ask any questions and and like they're like, Laura, we love. And then when my mom and I went to McDonald's bast Food West Want, there's some fans who came up to her and say, hey, it's okay if we have pictures and autoclasts with Lauren. And and not just that the grocery stores and west Want either when my mom or my father, she gets picked for herself right right. You get to ask her because these more inepened moments. He's thirty three years old. Ask her around the world. Male too. I get a.
Speaker 1: Lot of fan mail, Lauren, what do you have to now?
Speaker 3: Right now? I you know, on a new job called Options Amazing. Yeah, it's for people with disabilities. And I get to help my mentor you know, with you know, orientation. And I'm just waiting to hear from my manager to get me more wolves on TV.
Speaker 1: Shows, aren't we all?
Speaker 3: I'm doing this New New Jersey this week up on thirtieth of April, it was a New Jersey college talk.
Speaker 1: Am wow, do you get to do that? A lot? To go give talks? To different groups of people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not just New Jersey, but you know, like from to Australia. Yeah, your Boston, yeah, and also likes but I'm not as I'm not gonna say I haven't been there yet.
Speaker 1: Do you enjoy doing that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just love it rely. Yeah, but a lot of people and Canada or puper cities, yeah, a lot too. Yeah, especially in indianais oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, you head everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been to Best Buddies too. Actually, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: It's a great organization. Do you want to tell people about Best Buddies?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I have a best buddy. Her name is Nancie Odell. She well, right now, I have a best biting him Connor Owen. He and I were best friends ever since more time, and he and I are partners more, you know, like I was an ambassador and and he and I talk about things and.
Speaker 1: You can act and yeah, yeah, that's great. That's really great. Lauren. I have a question for you before we let you go. We're so grateful to have you on the show, but we're asking, we ask everybody who comes on the podcast, what is the feeling that Glee left you with? What? How do you feel about being on the show and your whole experience.
Speaker 3: I will say we're all sad for we've lost some people. Yeah, I would say love and friendship, a companionship.
Speaker 2: That's great, great team work, you know. I think you're the first person to say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't mean so much to meet because I don't love you. Guys, we love you.
Speaker 1: The show is so lucky to have you and to have Becky, and we had so much fun working with you, and we miss you and we're just we're so happy we got to connect with you again on the podcast and that you took the time to come on the show out of your very busy schedule.
Speaker 3: I have as I feel free.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you guys did this for be Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so so much. The fans will be so happy to hear from you. And it's such a joy, you know that now that we're rewatching the show to get to watch you every single week again because you're so funny, so talented and so good. Thank you, Lauren. It's really good to see you. It's so good to see you. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Fine, I just she's amazing. She's amazing, she's so talented, so funny. She always came very prepared to set. Oh yeah that she was usually more prepared than the rest of the US. And then to just be an advocate also, and all these incredible opportunities she's getting. I'm just I'm so happy for so we are so grateful and thank you for Lauren for coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she really was one of the most special parts of Glee. Yes, and we all look like when we would get scenes with her, we would love it because it wouldn't happen that often, just like Jane, we wouldn't get those scenes.
Speaker 1: It's very special.
Speaker 2: When we did, Yes, I was so happy I had like a episode with her, and she she's funny on the show. She would be behind the scenes cracking jokes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah as well, yeah all the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you Lauren, so so much for spending time with us today. You are the best. And I guess I mean, she's giving speeches all around the world, so if you can go see her talk, she's brilliant. Yeah, go check her out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lauren, And that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram, at and that's what you really miss POD. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.