Speaker 1: Second date update, Brooke, how do you feel about the idea of meeting someone out in the real world?
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean it's great.
Speaker 1: Okay, to be clear, I'm not talking about you meeting another man.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited about that. I just meant in general, think I thought you were talking about how.
Speaker 1: Do you feel about meeting someone in the real world while you're in the middle of a date with someone else?
Speaker 3: About the time, Jeff, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things where it's like, if you're meant to be with the other person, Brook.
Speaker 1: The bars set ankle low for Brooke because it sounds like it may have happened to one of our listeners named Grace recently and she needs our help.
Speaker 3: So Grace, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Oh hi, thank you.
Speaker 2: Where's your moral compass? Pointing Grace?
Speaker 3: Oh, she's tickled by the idea of this.
Speaker 1: But you said in your email that you were out on a date with another guy when something right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was the first date with a guy from just the apps, you know all that?
Speaker 7: All that?
Speaker 2: Okay, So so no no skin in the game.
Speaker 6: There, exactly exactly totally blind a blind guy.
Speaker 4: That's new because it would be easier to hit on somebody a true Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So he just was not turning out to be that nice or that great.
Speaker 1: I mean he was like okay to me, wait, not nice and that means you love him?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: What do you mean like specifically? How was he not nice?
Speaker 7: Point?
Speaker 6: It was just like he was treating the weight staff really horribly.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: No, that such a turn that universal No, No, so embarrassing to be with him.
Speaker 2: You want to dream my mom. The first day, I swear I don't know him.
Speaker 6: Honestly exactly, like I don't can know this behavior. I'm not a part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, So when'd you beat the new guy?
Speaker 6: Well, so the waiter, Darren, he was super.
Speaker 5: Nice, and I thought, since because my date was being.
Speaker 8: Such an ask to him, what better lesson to teach him than to like ask Darren out Like when he brought us the dessert menu, I was like.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, in front of the guy you were out.
Speaker 3: With, it's like you're trying to go lower.
Speaker 2: Even if I thought of that in my head, I don't know if I could pull it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard, like he doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like you were getting vibes from Darren throughout the night or did you just kind of surprise.
Speaker 3: Him with that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: No, I think I kind of took him off guard because it was really more about me wanting to like stick it to my date.
Speaker 3: Okay, it didn't matter what he said.
Speaker 2: You are a bold woman. Seriously, what did you do? How did you say it?
Speaker 8: So when he was bringing over the dessert menu or he asked us to bring it over, I was like, yes, but also because you maybe also bring over your number.
Speaker 5: Let me know when you're out of here, because I'm out of here.
Speaker 2: Wow, what did your date say?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: I mean his ego couldn't really allow him to believe it.
Speaker 6: You know, he was laughing, trying to laugh.
Speaker 5: It off and be cool. But when I was doubling down and I was like, no, no, no, this is happening.
Speaker 3: Why got so bold? I would almost think my date's joking.
Speaker 2: If I was a waiter, I would think it.
Speaker 8: Was a joke.
Speaker 3: And yeah, what was the response from Darren the waiter guy?
Speaker 6: I mean, he was really trying to hold back his smile. He you know, tried to keep it professional, but as soon as my date realized that I was not joking, he did the classics, threw down the napkin, stormed off without paying. Actually, and so this was the kicker. Darren paid for half of the meal because I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow, even though he waited on you, he's still paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope you tipped him on your half of the bill, or hopefully Darren left a good tip for himself.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I tipped him.
Speaker 8: But I also was like, I'm serious about, like, hey, where you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get off, Like, let me at least shoot you to a drink and stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's one way to let a guy know you're not interested like the other guy.
Speaker 2: Ye a nice closure. Yeah, I like it. I'm like, in awe, I'm actually making it happen.
Speaker 3: So did Darren take you up on the offer?
Speaker 7: Thank you? Yes?
Speaker 8: We met up at a bar after he got out of work, like nearby the restaurant.
Speaker 4: And did he think of it romantically because he may have still been thinking, oh, I'm a good like almost friend.
Speaker 2: That like saved you.
Speaker 1: This is like an apology totally totally yeah.
Speaker 6: Where we were there for about an hour or so.
Speaker 5: And then I went in for the kiss when he was walking into my car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't narrow it down. I kiss a lot of waiters.
Speaker 7: After their ben.
Speaker 4: I knew you guys were gonna end up making out just because your voice got so high.
Speaker 3: Clearly you are feeling Darren. Where are you two at now?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I don't know if I messed it up at the end, because yeah, I went in for the kiss, and then he wanted to take things back to his place. But I'm that's where I flowed things down. Okay, he felt rejected. Maybe I don't know because he's been very quiet.
Speaker 8: I mean I said that I really wanted to see him again.
Speaker 1: You know, he should understand you just met him hours before for the first time ever. But maybe she was so aggressive at the beginning. It was like meeting asking out drinks, like and then she slammed on the brakes all of a sudden that could have thrown for a loop.
Speaker 4: He was like, yeah, he's in a relationship. We don't know anything about this guy. He's making out with some chick that he thinks he's just getting a thank you drink from.
Speaker 3: And like, maybe it is just like Brooks life. We're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we call Darren and well, we're gonna try and get you your second date.
Speaker 3: Updates. See where his head's at right after this second date update. Two dates in one night with two different dudes, right, what happens? What Alexis would call a slow evening.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got your makeup done, you might as well make the most of it.
Speaker 1: Sure, one of our listeners, Grace. It wasn't planned though. The first guy that she was with turned out to be a total jerk was acting rude to the waiter at the restaurant, so to get back at him, Grace asked the waiter out on a date and did it at the table, right in front of the other guy.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe you could do that. I'm really loud.
Speaker 1: It was a bold move and it worked because that night she went out with the waiter Darren to grab some drinks and they even smooched at the end.
Speaker 2: Upgraded.
Speaker 3: But that's why it's weird.
Speaker 1: Darren isn't answering back after they parted ways. Brooks theory is that Darren is in a relationship, maybe even two, and he's on the TLC show My Four Favorite Wives.
Speaker 3: That's her idea.
Speaker 2: I did say that. I did say that just moment to go.
Speaker 3: But we don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess it is possible. We'll only find out once we call him and get him to answer the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wife three answers, we're gonna know right away exactly.
Speaker 1: But Grace, this was just like a one night drink situation. Why was the meeting so important to you that you wanted us to get involved in it?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean when I saw how much of a jerk this first date was, and then.
Speaker 5: I saw how nice of.
Speaker 8: A guy Darren was, it's like, wow, Okay, like my type maybe is a.
Speaker 3: Nice guy, you know, like you shot it by that. Well, sometimes you think you have a type and you don't.
Speaker 1: Recently, I always said I never want to play video games with my girlfriend, and I recently played video games with a girl and it was amazing.
Speaker 7: Something.
Speaker 3: You bro, you're mature and you're trying new things. Sometimes you mature and play video Yes, thank you, Jeff. Somebody be nice to other weight staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you shame you if you don't tip twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: Let's do this. So we're gonna call Darren. Hopefully he picks up or one of his wives. Does, and here we go. Hello, Hi is this Darren?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, hey Darren, good morning.
Speaker 7: Hey is this hey?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a whole room full of people because we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sure he doesn't listen.
Speaker 4: Anybody who works like night dinner shifts is not Sorry.
Speaker 1: We heard that you're a waiter because you went out on a date with one of our listeners named Grace recently. You have to drink, so it was like an impromptu date that happened the other night.
Speaker 3: You remember Grace?
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, I know who Grace is. And yeah, we went on a date. What about it?
Speaker 2: Oh you do consider a date?
Speaker 7: Okay, well, I mean she asked me to drink. What am I supposed to call it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well she asked you in front of her current date.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, yeah, we would be like, yes, I want to hear your side of that story.
Speaker 3: We've heard that.
Speaker 1: We've heard Grace's version of it. She painted it very romantically.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so she's kind of she's interesting. Okay, So I was waiting on her and she was on another date, but I could totally tell she was flirting with me.
Speaker 2: Oh, really good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was her goal though.
Speaker 1: Well, when we talked to her, she didn't say that. She said it was more of like a last second thing when you brought the dinner menu over.
Speaker 3: Towards the end.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no. I could totally tell like she was paying attention to me. She was looking at me. There was definitely a vibe.
Speaker 8: Well, she has to look at you to give an order.
Speaker 7: I waited tables a long time. I know how to pick up on vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like the feelings weren't reciprocated on your end because she said that you guys kissed at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Night, and now you're not calling her back.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know if she told you everything, because when we went out, she treated the bartender the same way that she was treating me when she was on the other day, she was flirting with the bartender in front of me.
Speaker 4: Are you sure you're just terrible at knowing what flirting is because she was like adamant that she wasn't flirting with you.
Speaker 7: Maybe that could be Well no, because here's the thing. I got a text message from the bartender who happens to be a friend of mine. I know him. He works at the bars right down the street. Okay, and he said, hey, bro, watch out, the girl came back in and got my number.
Speaker 1: Whoa, she's a busy bee.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: We did not hear any of that from Grace. She was just talking about you.
Speaker 2: Are you sure he didn't mix her up or something like it was her?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know who.
Speaker 1: It's better to just ask Grace this because I need to let you know, Darren. She is on the other line right now listening in.
Speaker 3: She has our number two.
Speaker 6: No oh no, oh man, you wait, Oh no.
Speaker 2: You got found out? Or oh no, you did it.
Speaker 6: There's there's an explanation, guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you did. You went back and got the bartender's number.
Speaker 8: Okay, I mean, but I needed it for a very specific reason.
Speaker 6: It's not scandalous.
Speaker 4: Oh, you just needed to make the best Manhattan of your life recipe.
Speaker 3: You were saving him from a date.
Speaker 5: He was also on what excuse, It's not an excuse.
Speaker 8: I mean, I have other stuff going on in my life, and like there's okay, my my sister is getting married and we're having a party for her, and so.
Speaker 6: I was getting this bartender number so.
Speaker 7: He can be the bartender.
Speaker 1: Why does it sound like you're making this up on the spot right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I mean sure, maybe that's true. So why wouldn't you ask that in front of Darren.
Speaker 8: I didn't really even think about it until after I left.
Speaker 4: You know, she was so focused on Darren d I mean, that's not why she could pull off for long.
Speaker 2: If her sister's getting married, it's and they go on a date.
Speaker 3: All you better be the wedding date.
Speaker 1: Now we've heard the explanation, Darren, what do you think, I.
Speaker 7: Don't know buying it? No, I'm not. I'm really not buying it.
Speaker 1: She kissed you that night, Darren, not the bartender, unless I don't know. Did your bartender mention anything else happening besides the phone number exchange.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know if they've gone out on a date or anything yet. But I mean, I don't know. That just seems sketchy to me. Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not born yesterday, all right. I worked in the service industry. I know bartenders all the time. I have a guy bartender that picks up on women all the time who are there with dates, and they come back and the girls give him their numbers. It's a comment like no, no, no, I don't buy that.
Speaker 4: What if the bartender was just trying to call DIBs, you know, like he's the one that made it up, Like maybe she's telling the truth and he's like, no, I want to ask her out, and so he's trying to get you to like leave the situation.
Speaker 7: No, no, I know my friend, Like he's not going to do that.
Speaker 3: Just tell her the truth. I would feel really bad for her in this situation.
Speaker 1: No, she like dodged a jerk and then she met a nice guy who she's trying to court on a bridday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when's your sister's wedding and how.
Speaker 5: Soon it's in six months?
Speaker 3: I was like, weirdly, I believe it.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a long pause there.
Speaker 1: If you want, if you want the bartender to help with the wedding, maybe you want Daring to be a waiter at your sister's wedding too, so that way you can kind of even it out.
Speaker 2: She wants him to be her date.
Speaker 3: Oh ya, that would be more romantic, wouldn't That was literally set up for you. I don't know why I stuck him in the services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, if she can prove, if she can prove it with like some sort of save the date or invitation that this is actually happening, would you believe.
Speaker 3: Even if it is a lie, do you care?
Speaker 1: But we're not going to be able to produce that here in the next few seconds, because you.
Speaker 7: Let me, let me talk to some of y'all who haven't been around the block a little bit. He may very well have a sister who's getting married in six months, but that just might have been an excuse for her to go back and get that guy's number.
Speaker 8: Oh man, you know, actually I'm feeling a little attack with this right now.
Speaker 6: He's being a little accusatory, so it doesn't feel very worth it at this point.
Speaker 5: I thought you were a nice guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Hey, look I'm not the person I went behind somebody's back to get somebody else's phone number.
Speaker 3: I am the nice guy. Yeah, he is a nice guy. I don't know who to believe.
Speaker 1: I know, well, I want to be a nice guy in this moment and offer to send you to on another date and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 8: I really don't think he's gonna say yes.
Speaker 5: He's already so skeptical and.
Speaker 3: Honest. Well, Darren, what do you think it balls in your court?
Speaker 7: Nah? I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh man, you can do his gun.
Speaker 4: You're gonna feel so foolish when you see your friend bartending at her sister's wedding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you want to pay me to bartend at her sister's wedding. I'll glad they do.
Speaker 3: It, all right, I just won't be her date.
Speaker 8: Well, Darren, as I said before, we already got the bartending position billed.
Speaker 7: So oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Darren.
Speaker 1: By the way, can you just clear something up for us real quick? Do you have four wives? I've been dying to know.
Speaker 9: No, i swear he was the guy for jeff I'm sorry, only twenty bucks Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We keep trying to figure out if she was lying or if she wasn't lying.
Speaker 3: But what if it was just an old H and.
Speaker 10: H guys, you know, like Brooke used to do with the promo team, hire and hook up, just a classic H and H situation.
Speaker 9: Exadly is usually the reverse. I'd dump them and then I'd hire them, and then it was awkward. Sometimes we'd hook back. Okay, I shouldn't get into all.
Speaker 3: The stories, the ultimate pity.
Speaker 2: Yeah it wasn't good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Okay, made some poor choices in my life, so did this girl.
Speaker 4: Us.
Speaker 1: A lot of poor choices were made all throughout this phone call and throughout that date, so no surprise they didn't go out again. But doesn't mean there's not hope for you. We can call that person who's not calling you back, maybe get your little H and H situation, or just a regular second day.
Speaker 2: The regular second day would probably be a better Just one of those ages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just email us and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffries
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning