Speaker 1: Welcome back to another edition of the Frida Egg Podcast. Today, I host Eric Lippert had professional at Pebble Beach Golf Links. The interview was thanks to a visit to this year's US Open host Pebble Beach. I was there for a couple nights and got to play all the golf courses over there. The opportunity to play was thanks to an event with our official apparel partner, Summit Brands, makers of b Dratty Fairway and Green Zero Restriction and EPNY. It was their annual event, the Summit, which is a pro member event they have held at Pebble for nine years running. It was a really classy event, awesome time, a couple different formats. It was neat They did a low gross, a net event and then also a pro stableford, so it was a fun mix. An awesome time getting to play the golf courses and you know, meet some of their the pros from all over the country that stock their stuff in their shops. This was actually my first time playing Pebble Beach, which was an experience. I was excited to play with the upcoming US Open and obviously I'll delve into much more in written form but you know, a few takeaways from Pebble is having watched it on TV my entire life and having walked it but not really played, is it's amazing how small the greens are. You get over shots, and I was playing pretty good golf and you can't help but get intimidated, even from the center of fairways with wedges in your hands, at how small these greens are, knowing you miss. And you know, another aspect of the stuff that gets out of the course that gets overlooked because of the coverage and the way TV flattens things is how penalizing the bunkers are around The greens are extremely deep, the scale doesn't really show on TV. With that, also, I was unbelievably impressed with the land movement on the golf course. The way the fairways roll and slant right. You're never really hitting a shot from a flat lie, which makes hitting it into those small greens even more difficult. So I think that's kind of when I think about championship golf and testing the pros, it's a great recipe when you have intimidating in small targets to approach to and very difficult lies in the fairway where you're not comfortable because you're never hitting from a really flat lie. I think we see at Augusta. Obviously those greens are big, but the targets and the shelves are really small, and you see these pros hitting from lies that are you get a ball foot above your stance and it's just really tough. I think that brings doubt and makes it so much different than hitting a ball off a flat lie on the range. A couple other things just I noticed. Never really believed how difficult that par five fourteenth is, But my god, this gotta be the hardest par five in the entire world. The way the fairway camber's away from you kind of for those that don't know. The t SHOT's really uncomfortable. It's blind, and then the fairway. If you miss that fairway, you're just dead. It's so I end up. I made par on it, but I had to get up and down and I was hitting like a three iron into the green because I missed the fairway. And another thing I noticed, the eighteenth tea shot not easy, not as easy as the pros make it look on TV. You don't really have a lot of space to hit it, especially with the way, they've narrowed the fairway. The fairway's narrowed up to where the tree is on the right, so if you don't you really kinda kind of hit a good shot or else you're dead. And that ob kind of creeps in on the right. So it'll be it'll be interesting to see. I saw this year at the AT and T a lot of guys weren't even hitting driver. They just said, Hey, I'm just gonna make it a three shot hole. But it'll be with the US Open fairway with it, I mean they're getting they're really narrow on a bunch of holes, and even playing it with short rough for resort play, which was, you know, about two and a half inches. I couldn't believe how thick and damp that rough gets. So when we see it up to five inches, it's it's going to be. If you miss those fairways, you're you're not going to have a fun time at the US Open. So I'll put much more thoughts into my, uh my experience over there at Pebble and the golf course and what it means for this year's US Open. But I can't thank Summit Brands enough for the event. It was it was unbelievable and they will be in the US Open Merchandise tent this year at Pebble Beach, which is a big deal. You know, one cool thing from their brands is Faaraway and Green. All their men's tech polos are made in the US and a portion of the proceeds from purchases on those polos are given back to Folds of Honor. So every year they cut a big check to Folds of Honor, which is a really great cause. And if you don't have their gear stocked in your favorite pro shop, do us a favor and tell your pro to stock it. And if you don't want to have a club logo or your local course logo, check out the frieda Egg Pro shop where we have b dragty polos, T shirts and some Faariraway and Green pollovers. So, without further ado, here is Pebble Beach pro Eric Lippert. We talk about a lot of things, ranging from his journey to being the pro at Pebble Beach to this year's US Open.
Speaker 2: I miss a green, for example, I'm already upset when I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my ball.
Speaker 3: In a Frida egg Friday egg, the dreaded Frida egg, Frida egg, Frida egg brid egg, Frida egg bride egg.
Speaker 1: Lie. I'm about ready to run off the golf course. Four years at Pebble Beach, sixteen years with the company. How did you get your start at Pebble Beach?
Speaker 2: You know, I, oddly enough, he started at Pebble Beach back in ninety eight, not not here specifically, but at Dalmonti golf Course, and the head pro who I replaced here actually was the head professional at the time at Dalmani I. You know, I was just out of college and trying to play a little and I needed to make some money. So my family had moved over here and seemed like the right place to get a job. So I worked for about a year with the company at Delmani and then took off to continue to try to pursue a playing career. Obviously, I had a lot of weekends off, which is bad if you're trying to play for a living. So at that point I decided to come back and teach school. And I really enjoyed teaching and you know, grade school, and I thought I would do that and in the interim though, I didn't have my teaching credentials, so I worked at a golf course and that turned into going back to Delmani. But I worked at Spanish Bay as well for a little bit, so I kind of got my entry back into the company in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: How long did you try and play for?
Speaker 2: You know, in my head about ten years on paper, I you know, I probably played committed, fully committed about four years. You know, I was on played on the Canadian Tour the last two years I was playing, and you know, I had some minor success here and there, but probably had more success actually as a as a PGA professional while I was working at Delmani. In terms of the playing career as well, had a couple of good seasons that turned into being able to play in the PGA Championship in two thousand and nine and also being part of the PGA Cup team in two thousand and nine. So those were things I thought would never you know, they far superseded any goals I had after two thousand and three for playing.
Speaker 1: Do you think the balance of you know, working and playing actually helped you play that, Like, say in two thousand and nine when we had a really good year.
Speaker 2: What really helped me actually was I think becoming was being a parent. It kind of it created a little bit of a It created kind of a situation where I wasn't it wasn't the most important thing in the world was how I played golf, and so you know, it was it was more I got I kind of had that enjoyment again that I had been missing for a while, And so when I would go out and play, I would just I would have fun. There be I'd have really good rounds, or i'd play just kind of eh. But but the really good rounds. I just enjoyed playing so much better and competing that I was able to really shoot some lower scores. When I got got playing well better than I I could shoot lower scores than I did when I was actually playing full time. It seemed like more often.
Speaker 1: The perspective of you know, with life, I think is so big. I think about that all the time, as like I got better a golf as I got older, because it's just like maturity. Sometimes I think like it might be smart to for some kids to wait to go play pro, you know, and work a little while because of the perspective.
Speaker 2: Well, I think so I think I think that you're probably onto something there. I think, you know, technically and physically obviously I was say I was better earlier, could do more things. But you know, it's kind of staying within it. It's that mental side of that game that everybody talks about that. It's that maturing of that portion, you know, where you know, you do one thing and do it really well and you can still have some success. But to your point, yeah, a lot of these guys should probably be waiting and if nothing else, finding an appreciation for what life is really like versus coming out of college and trying to go straight to playing on tour and not really having any perspective on the reality of what ninety nine point nine percent of people do.
Speaker 1: It's like a bad date playing on the PGA Tour is a pretty good day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they still let you eat and food's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Where'd you play college golf? That?
Speaker 2: I played down in southern California at Division two school cal State San Bernadino. I played two years there. I took a little time to get going in college, So.
Speaker 1: I nothing wrong with that, you know, it's just you know, got to see the world. Life's a journy.
Speaker 2: It is, it is, and I'm a traveler.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, speaking of what were your best moments from your playing career, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, leaving college, my last year at college, I played some some really I started playing some really good golf. I won a couple of tournaments leading into our national championship. When we played Nationals, I had won the tournament, the qualified tournament to get there by about eight strokes, had some great you know, just started to win tournaments by a lot of a lot of strokes, you know, so that was really really kind of fun. And then you know, later down the road, you know, I had some a couple of good, good scores, a couple of good rounds, and on the Canadian Tour and started to kind of get a little bit of a feel for what I was doing out there, and had some difficulty the next year, and so that kind of led to me, you know, calling it calling it quits. You know. I I tied the course record in Delmanti back in I want to say two thousd was an eight shot, a sixty one with a boge on the last hole, So you know, I was shooting for fifty nine. I was trying and then obviously, yeah, well it was it was good.
Speaker 1: Sixty, Ok, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was good. You know, there's not one golfer alive that probably has ever been satisfied with the squarely shot because I think about that round and the funny thing is is as good as it is and no matter what anybody I know, that's the first question they asked, Well, well, how'd you make your bow here? Do you remember when you were going to shoot fifty nine and you hit it over by the bathroom And it's like, well, yeah, yeah, I do, Yeah, pretty much, I do. I think about it every single day.
Speaker 1: I think that I don't hit on Like the best part about golf. It's like you win a golf tournament and you still are like, wow, I should have shot so yeah, a couple of shots better. I left a few out there. Yeah, that's that's fying. Like people always want to make it easier, dub it down, but the beauty of golf is like the unattainable perfection. Yeah, it's impossible.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, what's a perfect score? Is eighteen under?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: If you burdi in every hole? Maybe some people would say par because par is what it's set at and what you're expected to do. But I would say a perfect score would be a birdy every hole.
Speaker 1: Your day to day here at Pebble's what's it like being a head pro at Pebble What are your kind of day to day operations? And maybe how is that different than you know, your your peers around the area.
Speaker 2: A lot of coffee in a lot of hours. We always joke we work half days, you know, because there's you know, twelve hours is half a day with AnyWho you know, day to day, there's no set routine. I wouldn't say that. You meet a lot of interesting people, and I think probably the best part about my job is the excitement people have when they come in to play Pebble Beach. It's, you know, it's such a unique property and it's such a unique place, and that you know, here we are, were one hundred years old this year, right, we're celebrating our centennial. And the course for the most part, you know, the layout's been pretty well untouched, right, you know, maybe the extension of the way back when when it first was built, of the of the eighteenth hole turning into par five and just a couple of teas here and there in some green complexes, but you know, it's it's just a unique, unique place and everybody that's ever played the game has been here, right, and people aspire to get here and to play here, and that's a great thing. And so our job really and the you know, the pleasure, but also the difficulty is is making sure that we live up to that standard that they've set in their mind and meeting that expectation, if not generally exceeding it. Right. So that's that's always the goal, and so that's that's our biggest challenge, right, is that you have to you got to think people have been saving to come here. Golfers have And I think another thing that's interesting about Pebble Beach too is when you if you go into anywhere you go, I should say, I don't know wherever it is. You go into a bowling alley, go into your seven to eleven, whatever you want to call it, and then say something about the word Pebble Beach. People know whether they golf or not. You know, but if I mean, yeah, Augusta, all those are great properties and people know about them, but there's still more golf centric type people, you know, maybe the masters, but but you know, when you talk about Pebble Beach. Oh yeah, my uncle wants to go. Even if they're not a golfer, their uncle or their aunt or their anybody, they've heard about it and they they're interested in it. So it's a unique place that way. And so that's what we experience on a day to day basis. People who aspire to get here, and it's our job to make sure that we meet their expectation. Well, I'll not meet, but exceed them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that excitement of somebody on the first t you know, their first time. I just played it for my first time the other day and it's pretty unbelievable. I you watch it on TV for so long and you see, you know, since it was a kid, and there's just some stuff that you don't really expect to wow you as much as it does when you watch it so much. Like you know, the TV, I think almost like it flattens the property. It doesn't show how much movement there is in the property. And I mean like those cliffs are something else. Yeah, what would you say is your favorite stretch on the course? Maybe underrated stretch, not the one that everybody's going to go to.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're saying underrated in terms of difficulty, right would I would say twelve, thirteen and fourteen is very to say it's underrated. I don't know in terms of the difficulty part, but you know, generally people point to eight, nine, ten is the that real difficult stretch. But you know, I think twelve thirteen, fourteen is is there's a lot of teeth in that, especially when we start talking about you know, the US Open, which we have coming up here eighty days away. I think, but oh I didn't know that. Yeah, yeah, well we decided to go ahead and host it. We're gonna we're gonna go forward with it. So yeah, just this just in we might as well host it. You know, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So okay, it's kind of nice that matched up with your one hundred years.
Speaker 2: It just seems to have worked, right Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, that that's a special relationship with ESJ and so that's that's a great thing for us and that we shared. So that's fantastic. But to your point, you know, thirteen from that back tee, there's a there's a tea back there that into the wind. I mean, it's hard to almost get it past that cross bunker, which seems, you know, obsolete when you're on the normal tea box. Yeah, and then you know twelve, I mean that's such a hard part three. It's such a narrow front to back hole with that giant bunker on the front left that you just how do you get what shot do you hit in there? And still try to hold that green. I mean two thirds of it is really difficult to get it close. And then you have you know, then you go to obviously to fourteen, which is just a beast of a par five. And so that's a great stretch right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It's an awesome stretch. I think, like one of the things I've I've I couldn't believe it was how small the greens are out here. Yeah, It's like you see it on TV. You can tell like when the best players in the world are missing green. But then you get out and you're having hit the shots and you're like, oh my god, this is tiny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I miss left, I mean it's really deep bunker. If I missed right, I'm in a really deep bunker. Having played in a major championship, yeah, from a day to day course set up to a major, what would you estimate the differences in shots of difficulty.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think it's I mean, it's it's really it's an unfair comparison when you talk about a regular day versus a major championship. I mean, obviously when you look out here and we've narrowed the fair ways tremendously already, so right now, yeah, it you'll get some of that experience. But the rough isn't at its you know, it's resort height. It's not at it's you know, three and a half for it. I mean, it's just not grown out to that extent that it's going to be as penal as it will be in the tournament.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But what we have and what we're lucky and I and quite frankly, I don't know that anybody's actually done this. I think it's the first time is that in the in the last year, we've had an AT and T, you know, or actually you start back with the US Amateur, but we had a US Amateur, then we have you know, the PGA champions Tour out here in September, and then we host the first excuse me, the AT and T, and now the US Open. So in a stretch of less than a year. You're really hitting on a lot of different types of events, but all major you know, championships and professional championships, and so the reason I bring that up is all four of those. The golf course is different in terms of setup and how it's played and the way it's laid out. And of course, you know, it's still a resort course, so on a daily basis you get great conditions, a great golf course, but much more user friendly than than your major championships.
Speaker 1: Especially the US AM Open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Am was a little it was it was we didn't narrow in the fairways there, but it was a lot more intense with the rough in the firmness. But man, the Open, that's that's just a whole different world. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was standing out there. I played okay yesterday, but I was thinking I was like God, with five inch rough, I don't know if I could even get it around out here. Yeah, it's uh, it's a whole other beast. Now for a quick word from our sponsors. Today's episode is powered by TDA or Trade. Whether on the course or in the market, it helps to have a second set of eyes to keep you on your game. That's why ted amor Trades trade desk is here to help gut check your strategies so you always feel confident teeing up a trade. Visit tdamritrade dot com backslash Frida Egg to learn more about what their trade desk can do for you. Member sb I c. How will the weather be different from say the at and T year and year out, which is in February, versus the US open in June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that's a good question. The likelihood of rain is obviously almost null, right, It's just it rarely rains. We generally, I say that, of course it's sprinkled today, right, So, but you know June June won't really rain. You know, there's there's a possibility some fog that time of year. If we get fog, it's generally in that time frame, just just due to the fact that the weather inland is so warm and it heats up all the deep cold ocean water that's out here, and you get that little marine layer. So I think if there's anything weather related, it's it's it's simply just some fog, which is much better than what you experienced maybe in the Midwest when you get the thunderstorms for that time of year. So we'll take a little fog over over a thunderstorm and rain.
Speaker 1: Let's keep the greens firm or no rain, lets you keep the greens firm too. And yeah, the fog, I mean, that's the that's the tough thing, is that fog makes it you know, that kind of dense air will make it play longer, which is absolutely it's a it will be. Do you expect so with with Pebble, with the AT and T, we see so many of guys that are, you know, great approach players. Obviously with the small greens, would you expect to see the same type of players succeed, you know in June as as the ones that we typically see play well and at the AT and T.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, so, first of all, everybody that's won the US Open here I shouldn't say everybody all, but I think Graham mcdowal is the only one that didn't has all won an AT and T as well, you know. So Tom Kite, it's dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: It's a good one, isn't it. Yeah. So yeah, you've got You've got Jack, Tom Watson, Tom Kite, Tiger Woods and right if if if Phil Michelson can pull it off, well, then there you go. I mean he's he's won as many as Marko Mirro. Now, so DJ, what a head you not had that collapse? Yeah, he's one. Yeah, exactly, he'd replaced Graham and there you'd have here. Everybody would have won both that's ever won here. But but that said, I mean, I think if you look through those are some pretty straight hitters, good drivers of the ball. I think you're going to have to be a really really good driver of the ball that week. And so I think as much as you know, I think Michelson can be a crowd favorite and a potential favorite. I think you know, for him that might be a tougher just a tougher road because his driving accuracy isn't just isn't quite where it needs to be probably, so it's going to make it tougher for him to pull off the wind. So you know, you're gonna have to find somebody that's hitting it pretty straight off the tee. Yeah, I think that's going to be the person that really does it at that point. And maybe somebody that hits it fairly high with their approach shots, just because I know some wind can hurt that, but with the firmness of the greens that that tends to help a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting, I think. Yeah, Phil obviously great approach player, I mean legendary, but that rough with where I will be What of the narrow of the holes that have been narrowed. What hole do you think it makes the biggest impact on from say, just from your playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think eight is incredible. If you look at eight, if you see eight, it's normal. I mean that is such a wide fair way on a normal day, and now it's like a bacon strip way over to the right way over by the cliff, and it's fantastic. I mean, it is just gorgeous. But that's a tough spot to hit. And I mean you think about a guy again, think about a Phil. He's got to probably hit a little bit of a draw there, which is kind of scary get away with you, Yeah, because it goes down and runs from him. So you know, are you going to aim way way right on the edge of the cliff and cut it back so and hitting that ball out of that thick rough, you know, you catch it a little bit heavy, there's nothing there to save it except the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 1: Nothing to save it.
Speaker 2: But yes, there you have see.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's gonna give it a nice gotten a long tumble down to it exactly.
Speaker 2: It'll stay on the rocks and be safe.
Speaker 1: But yeah, as far as operations go from from your perspective, how does it being a US open your change your your day to day? Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, well, again, we're we're extremely busy, like like normal. You know, we've got a lot of play here. I think there's just a buzz and an excitement. Uh, there isn't the staff and that translates to the uh, to the guests and our arms work guests as well, and I think they feel it too operationally day to day. You know, there's not a major impact at the moment, but you know it's certainly coming. We're all we're all kind of you know, buckling down and getting ready to put on a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a exciting. So with the week of how did what do you guys work in the shop or how does that work? You know, I know they got the big merchandise ten but then what what is the Pebble Beach staff role?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so it's funny that you ask. I was just asked that question this morning as well in a different meeting. And but you know, my team is going to do a lot with the player services portion and working with you know, just kind of all of the ancillary stuff that the that the that involves some of the players, you know, your locker room areas and driving range. You know, there's going to be a couple of cart barns. We've got to manage all those facilities. And of course we'll also be working through the shop. The shop generally is just open for the for the players, so it's some of the traffic is a little different than normal, but we still have to man that too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, does the rest of the rest of the resort remain like operational? Are people playing at Spanish Bay and and Spyglass at that time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There's shotguns it both places double shotguns this morning and afternoon. And there's you know, some corporate play, and there's resort play and all kinds of places. Yes, golf is happening everywhere.
Speaker 1: Golf is all around us.
Speaker 2: Golf is around us. We are in it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen that love? Actually, I know made me think of they sing this song Christmas is around us. Golf is around.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could have our own song.
Speaker 1: You just you could rip it was a rip off of another, it would fit perfectly.
Speaker 2: I said, I didn't. If I say I never heard of it, it's not really stealing it.
Speaker 1: Then Yeah, exactly, you just play play stupid.
Speaker 2: That's what's where I'm good at.
Speaker 1: So you you watch thousands of guests come through on a daily basis, one hundreds on a daily basis. Right, what would you say is the the thing that you would recommend most that might be a little off the radar when you come to Pebble.
Speaker 2: It's in terms of just coming in and playing or Yeah, I would say the first thing is get here, plan far enough in advance to do all the things, and give yourself a little bit of time. Right, give yourself the time, the extra time you need, because as we talked about earlier, it's an emotional experience. Like I said, there's a lot of people that have saved for a long time to get here, or they've won a contest with their company, or they're they're on a their client you know there there it's client golf, whatever, and and it's just a heightened experience because of where it is, right, and so you know, you want to get here a little bit earlier, give yourself time to kind of get around the property, absorb some of that energy, absorb some of that just that feeling, just to kind of let it subside a little, you know, come in, make sure you have time to have a little bit of breakfast, and just you know, hit some range balls and just kind of get comfortable because you know, as you as you said before, you know, your first time standing on a tea and I don't, I don't, you're going to be nervous. If it's your first time, you're going to be nervous. I mean I still get butterflies walking on that because it's such a special spot. You know, you're going to embark on this little journey and play this fantastic golf course where everybody's been and you just you can feel the history.
Speaker 1: How many times have you played pebble on the record on the record.
Speaker 2: Well, I only, I only, I only played twice a year. Yeah, no, you know, we get out there and as appropriate, but yeah, it's never as much as you'd like it to be. No, right, it's never as much a golf course like that, it's just begging for you to play, and I love to play every day.
Speaker 1: There's only a few people that have a job where they play too much golf.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't have that one. I can promise you that is my one problem I don't have.
Speaker 1: That's that's like where this week I'm playing three days in a row. I'm like, I've played too much golf this week. I haven't been doing enough work. It's a it's an awful feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But well when you get older, too, it starts to hurt as well. That's that's even better. So now now it even hurts after too many days in a row. That's when you know you played too much. When you can't, you know, you can't pick up the club the fourth day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you got any tricks of the trade. You know, what are some insider tips for playing say, we'll say, playing pebble, you know, dining at around around the resort, maybe one off campus thing.
Speaker 2: To do well insider is simply you know, the best way to be here is just to stay and have the full experience. You know, trying to work around things is just doesn't you don't get the full experience. I mean, the resort's all freshly renovated, as well, which is exciting for us at this time. You know, we just finishing up our renovation of rooms are gorgeous. The golf courses are fantastic. I mean, you just you just got to do the whole just dive in and get into the whole experience. We got a five star spa. I mean, why do you need to go? That's that's the insider is call up our reservation line and just treat yourself to a great you know, weekend, week, two weeks, whatever you want to stay, We'll put you up and play golf. I mean where else would you rather be?
Speaker 1: Right, There's there's a few places, missus Stridike, like the spot a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. So and then the dining, you know, dining wise, I mean the resort wonderful, wonderful dining, great offerings. I mean the tap room is a can't miss. You know, I love the tap room, uh personally, great steaks, just it's just a wonderful spot to have a nice glass of red wine and a great steak. Happily is fantastic. They've got this Tuscan Italian cuisine that is unbelievable. Yeah, the Osubuko there and you won't eat it anywhere else. It's it's just that good. So it's just it's a really it's it's unique. We've got all so many great things here, so so why go somewhere else. You just come here and you're done. That's it.
Speaker 1: It's a good, good company man right there.
Speaker 2: Anywhere else two weeks, Yeah, stay two weeks, eat everywhere morning day and play the golf and then you.
Speaker 1: Know that'd be heaven. So you got parking for and you did this for the last time that the Open came on your Part three course on the peter A.
Speaker 2: That's actually not that's not just not a parking. That's not parking. That'll betructure. Yeah, the infrastructure there will be. That's going to be some retail tents and things of that nature. So that'll really be the grand entrances people come through. As you can imagine, with the flow and traffic of people coming in, there's just not parking here to facilitate that, and so everybody parks off site. Yea, it's bust in that has their tickets and then there's a you know, so that creates a grand entrance opportunity and really it's a great way to experience kind of coming into the Open and kind of landing at the first tea at Pebble Beach.
Speaker 1: So what's the plan after with the par three course.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, you know, once that's once the tournament's done, we'll put that back together and yeah, we'll have a we'll have another great par three course ready to go again. This is okay cool for guests that have been here. It will be completely different, right already. Yeah, you know, we're still in the planning stages, so we'll see exactly how that how that pans out if we you know, we're we're definitely gonna look at some design options. But yeah, it'll be a great be a great return to peter A.
Speaker 1: As far as a playing, are you gonna try and try and play in the US Open you don't qualify, No, you know, I'm not. It's gonna be kind of busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, I just I I uh, I've got wife and two kids, and I figure I ought to continue to be able to afford paying for for them sure, or helping them alone, you know, paying for the house payment, making that probably a better idea to do that, then try to try to do the whole thing play and all that, But it would be a great honor to be honest obviously, But yeah, I'm not I'm not going to try and qualify at.
Speaker 1: This point, just just sticking to beaten up on the Northern California guys.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. Yeah, yeah, you know, I don't know if I can even do that anymore. That was a long time ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe they need a marker, you may mark.
Speaker 2: I've got a pin if they need a marker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, Eric, thanks so much for coming on. We're really excited to look forward at the US Open this year. It'll be I mean, what an amazing venue, amazing history. Who's your pick here? We're picking this on I don't know, March twentieth.
Speaker 2: March twentieth, sentimental pick. I'm gonna go with Phil Mickelson. Yeah, just in the fact, I just think that it would be a great tie into you know, he wins that he's you know, well, it's Father's Day number one. He's a great, you know, family man. He always has has his wife and his kids around, and I want to say it might be his birthday. I believe it's his birthday.
Speaker 1: That's research.
Speaker 2: So I think that would be pretty cool for him, right, And then I mean, and then do you do do thed mic drop if you're Phil Micholson, because what it also does it closes out his Grandslam, his Grand Slam, and so you kind of hit three of the best keys, you know, you know, milestones you can I mean you almost have to just say, hey, that's Michelson out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should just retire.
Speaker 2: Then well maybe whoever does you know? Golf, football, all those? I mean, it's just so hard to leave and think that you're you got to respect like a Peyton Manning, right, he wins and then that that's probably it, you know, he guess sometimes you know, and I'm not that Phil Micholson doesn't have maybe a win or two left in him, but I it would be hard to think that he would.
Speaker 1: You'd have a lot of major He's won the AT and T and the US Open the same year when it was Woods.
Speaker 2: Oh he did two thousand?
Speaker 1: You're ready? Was that the year he came back on? Uh on? Was it Goggain and the two thousand?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, now I'm not sure. So that's a good question. So you've stumped me.
Speaker 1: There he had that, But one year he won the at and t from like seven behind the final round. It's well, yeah, that I mean that would it might have been a year there, It might have been that year. He was kind of doing that to everybody, wasn't he. Yeah, that's that were those were good, good years. So thank you, thanks so much for coming on and uh look forward to this and uh when people are here at Pebble, they can come in and say, hi, absolutely, yeah, please do I miss a green? For example, I'm already upset when I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset.
Speaker 2: And when I find my ball in.
Speaker 3: A frid Egg Friday egg, the dreaded Frida egg, fridagg Frida egg egg bride egg.
Speaker 1: Lie, I'm about ready to run off the gump
Speaker 3: A named Sunny at La