Speaker 1: Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana mas Skies. How was the weekend? Man?
Speaker 2: How was your vacation?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I missed you.
Speaker 1: Man, I missed you too, Man, I miss both you guys. I was coming back on the trip and I was like, man, you know, I miss those guys. I miss Fred making fun of my lack of hair, and how old I look at such a nice work environ.
Speaker 3: Now that I look at your legs, you are half chi a pit like you do have Harry, just not on your head.
Speaker 1: I know I got Harry face, you know, like my legs are Harry. I got you, you know.
Speaker 2: But that's what that's that's what I missed.
Speaker 4: I missed the vacation. I don't miss you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're to Orlando, right, Yeah? That man I had.
Speaker 4: I had a good time. Man, it was much needed.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: My daughter turned seven Congress in the June, and two years ago I promised her Orlando because all the other kids we was like, you know, especially knowing my playing years, Harry all season was like yeah, the same old. So all the kids got those experiences, but her, and I think I was trying to do around the COVID time, and COVID happened, and COVID changed the rules.
Speaker 2: They changed everything.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 5: Basically reserve your tickets before you get it. You can't just come there like I used to do and just buy the ticket. So two years, three years later, I'm finally taking her. She put pressure on me, so I made sure that the pressure.
Speaker 1: I was just reading something that said that a tendants of the parture downand was it busy or was it kind of like chill? No, it was busy. So they're lying in the media.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I used to do a lot of that stuff unconsciously. Now I'm very conscious about everything I do. Spend all that stuff, you know why. And I'm like, I was paying as much for these tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, listen, the older we get, the sheep, we get.
Speaker 4: My line passed that university was two hundred forty dollars per person.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was like.
Speaker 4: Boy, they better have a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm about a thousand dollars to skip a line.
Speaker 4: Man, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: But guess what she had a great time. She already talking about next year. Yeah, I did my job, same thing again.
Speaker 2: Next year is that it's always something different.
Speaker 4: But Disney should always be on my list.
Speaker 5: Just because I have those kids that that that young, you want to give them that experience every year. I mean, that was something that I experienced. My mother, her siblings experience. Why not give her the same?
Speaker 2: Well did you ride in the Rise? Because I don't ride Rise anymore like Vertigo. I don't have then test and afford.
Speaker 4: To do it anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't have the love like I think it was the year before last we went down to U Bush Guarden.
Speaker 2: We went to.
Speaker 3: Bush Guardens, my kids talking me to getting on the new ride they had just opened up.
Speaker 2: No, it was the I don't know what it was, but I lost. I almost threw up.
Speaker 3: I wish I had a pamp on it and that when I realized then that thrill seeking I used to have it's gone.
Speaker 2: I'm a shell of myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah we are.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 5: We're much older than those those days where we had fun riding Rise. I didn't go there with that intention, but to make sure that I enjoyed the time with them.
Speaker 1: I got on right. You do like Disneyland.
Speaker 4: So we're Disney the world in the world first because you know Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Right, those rights are pretty chill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, VERSU was more than that was Sunday Saturday.
Speaker 1: Getting scared just looking at those rights.
Speaker 2: I can't do it anymore. I'm a cow like. I hate to say it. I did have a rash.
Speaker 5: So check it if you go to university, get on the I believe it's the what's the Dinosaur movie? That everyone that's the men? Trust me, Bro, I lost my mind. But it was so much fun. I was like, Bro, I do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome, that's great, a ton of fun. So speaking of a ton of fun, man, we got the NFL Top one hundred players that's coming out Washington. Hopefully we'll have some guys on this list. Yeah right, I think this. I think this year. It feels like it's gonna be this. This is hole bunch of guys. Easy do we have who are like kind of the top guys you think are gonna make this list?
Speaker 4: I'm start because I know Fred one of those guys. He got excited.
Speaker 1: I know he's gonna say, like five thousand people, people from different teams.
Speaker 5: Sure we should have three guys. Okay, we got and we said the names, you know, before we.
Speaker 4: Got on air, Payne, Allen and.
Speaker 5: Terry to me those because you know, you look at this top one hundred, We're not talking about just overall.
Speaker 4: We're talking about that season. Yeah, last year alone.
Speaker 5: And when I look at the position by position, those guys all dominate their position. You know, they was all they was in the top leading. They weren't just leaders on their team in the division, in the league. Their numbers stood out amongst other guys who play in the position. So if we send the top one hundred, they have to be up there. I mean, it's one hundred guys.
Speaker 3: You got to pick between thirty two teams, Mike, average two players.
Speaker 2: Maybe I got a wild card.
Speaker 1: For you to take. You to steal one from our producer.
Speaker 2: You just you No, I'm not, I'm not. I'm not a thief like that. Tris Way.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just saying I think he could SQUI he's in there because they gonna at least take two pounds at least Has there ever been a play in the top one hundred justin Tunker the kicker.
Speaker 1: Offensive That's that's interesting value there So is a punter the same value as a good kicker. I don't do as a defense, it's a defensive he's a position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he changes the field.
Speaker 5: He's like one of the top key elements of the defense. Like, hey, pinus pin him back there, We got you.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean, you watch our games if when we needed.
Speaker 5: To play Trestwaite was pinning somebody deep and our defense was coming through, and then we were sitting there waiting on the offense to make come on, find a way to get you know, get a drive on.
Speaker 4: So no, I'm sorry I didn't I left his name. I wasn't even thinking.
Speaker 5: That the players surprises are gonna be our MVP.
Speaker 1: On his team And I'm just saying, and you got Cam Carroll yep, Cam Curls and another sneaky one. So my question to you would be like, you know, we've got terrry On here, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's usually between ten and fifteen receivers on the list, Like where does he follow in that hierarchy for you? Like is he going to be a top fifty guy or is he going to just kind of squeak into the way.
Speaker 3: I think he'll probably squeak in because, unlike the rest of the receivers, I respect him because he hasn't had that quarterback. He continues to make right and I think that's going to hurt him when you try to compare him to aj Brown. How you try to compare him to Jamar Chase, Well, the one thing he doesn't have is they running mate.
Speaker 5: See one of the things that and Fred hit it on the head. I think, what when we get to judging these guys and you know, being critical about who's the best, they look at numbers, they don't look at the circumstances. Yeah, and I think his circumstances should allow him to be in the top one hundred, because if you're doing it like this, then man, you don't one of the best.
Speaker 1: With Carson Wentz, I'm really glad you brought that up because you I don't know if you ever voted for a top one hundred player, right that was howter you retired right?
Speaker 2: Not to retiren Tenna.
Speaker 1: You remember doing this? I was, yeah, I was in I was in the league still to do this. They used to drop off the top one hundred sheet in the in the in the in the room, and you had to do it before you could leave the building. So I remember going in there with all the other tight ends and literally being like who who is on Sports Center? Like that's how we did it. Guys would pick you, and so to me, I think one of the things is like Terry, for example.
Speaker 2: Ain't a household like the rest.
Speaker 1: I think that hurts him a little bit. But you're right.
Speaker 5: But a lot of these guys are different now because they're looking at it. See when we was playing, guys will not going to pick a guy who torched him.
Speaker 4: Now, I ain't putting him on you know. I'm the same way with the pro bow pro Bow.
Speaker 5: They were like, I ain't putting the putting them on there. These days, these guys are more friendlier to each other. They understand, they watch it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's so much.
Speaker 5: Football media, I mean media is everywhere now you can watch it on your phone. So they seeing what Terry's doing over here. You know, quietly he's dominating, you know. And so the reason why I look at Terry is getting he gets love from his peers more than he might get loved from the outlet. Intereship with that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But you gotta realized Trayvon Diggs smoked him, Big play slave smoked him like every time the opponent.
Speaker 2: He goes and gets and that, and there's a dB.
Speaker 3: I respect the guy that ain't playing with Peyton Manny more than I respect the guy to do.
Speaker 4: And he's doing it quietly. He's not beating his chest. He's not.
Speaker 1: That hurts him. You know. It was like as a teammate, I love, I love everything Terry does. He's quiet about his work, but like for him to get.
Speaker 2: He don't sell itself.
Speaker 4: That does hurt when it comes to nationally.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, because you know, you hear about the guys that did all that because you saw him celebrating in ESPN, you know, had that clip.
Speaker 4: But when I'm talking about peer to peer, those guys like man, I'm glad he didn't show up. He showed me up.
Speaker 1: But he deserved my vote. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Quite a good point playing in the NFC, which is that the vision that gets all the eyes on it, And that's a good the New York Giants.
Speaker 1: Especialist last year. Yes, so yeah, So then my next question is Paint and Allen. Who's higher on the list. Usually with the top twenty fire that's top one hundred, right, Usually it's the guy that's been more consistently good, that's rated higher. But Pain had such a big.
Speaker 3: I feel say Pain jumped him last year because on the list, what have you done for me lately?
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And then you know, we love to get a new guy a lot more love than the old guy, the guy that been here doing it for years and year.
Speaker 5: Will say this, and I don't want to say it in the wrong way. Just being a guy in this league and knowing how folks will view you, I'm I'm pretty sure that every officer line look at John Allen like that's that's I want to see him.
Speaker 4: But when they look at.
Speaker 5: Pain, they be like, that's a freak of nature. You do things he does, and you have to compare the two. He's the freak, he's the dog, and they all have both of it in him, you know what I mean. But John seems to be that guy that he's gonna consistently be just on where you're behind down bring the same intensity and pain as that guy. They scratching their head like why is he so fast, explosive and being at this side, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Why how can he do all these things at this side.
Speaker 5: So that's to me, when it comes to comparing those two, you can't say one is better than the other.
Speaker 4: You just say they just have different you know, levels of themselves.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I think that's really insightful. Tan. I think the thing that gets me is like how does the league see them? Because we see him every day, you know what I'm saying. So like, you know, like we know Allen's this kind of hard nosed leader, and we know Pain is a good athlete. But I'm curious to see how the league using. My other question is that it is one of those guys the best defensive tackle in the division or will there be another guy from the division that's higher on the.
Speaker 2: List where they like to put Lawn Dexter Lawrence up there from New York.
Speaker 1: You hear that name all the time, but he played like he balled this last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then gro just left Philadelphia. But they also still have Jordan Davis and then they did.
Speaker 1: Dre but he will make the Listen.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is, if you look at it, the Cowboys don't got a d tackle like out of the tackles, Yes, they are the best pair the question is who who was the best one of those in the division right now?
Speaker 1: So I think, well, i'd say Lawrence is probably headed and then it'll be painting Allen. Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 4: So was Lawrence played last year better than anyone about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I think he had twelve and a half sacks.
Speaker 4: He had, That's what That's how we compared.
Speaker 1: Compare up the numbers, you know what I mean. That's a good point.
Speaker 5: You can probably put those guys side by side and say, you know, hey, they can you know.
Speaker 1: And also I will say Lawrence had that dominant I think at twelve tackles in the playoff game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: At the end of the year, Lawrence really turned it on. He turned especially against us, he turned it on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that that's interesting. So I'm really glad you brought this up. I'm trust was the surprise of the day for me, Fred like I got I'm smiling still because of that.
Speaker 2: I give props Well, props are doing the townail shows and Trust.
Speaker 4: Has been the MVP for us.
Speaker 1: Yes, But the one, the one that I really am interested in is Cam craw because you look at the PFF grade He's the highest graded PFF safety. We know when he's absent from the defense, like what he does when I you know, I did a Cam crow breakdown last week. He is everywhere. He plays linebacker, plays nickel, plays safety. His value is uncalculable. But he doesn't have the numbers right.
Speaker 5: And I was gonna say the reason why, you know and Cam Curll, like when you ask me one of my favorite players on the team right now, I tell you, guys, Cam Crell is one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Uh being a receiver.
Speaker 5: I watch him a lot, just knowing you know, what he brings and and how you know you have to be that quarterback back there. You know, he remind me of Ed Read a little bit. You know, he can play every position, peop. It didn't give Ed Read that credit that he can play in a box anywhere.
Speaker 4: You know, he can play anywhere. Will line up and play your damn.
Speaker 2: Best best received calls and force to the house.
Speaker 5: The difference, the difference because the reason why I think they will look at Cam Curll and greet them a little lord. And when we see him, and I'm saying where we see him because of the amount of times he touches the ball. He changes the field, you know, and you want a safety to be able to change the field with interceptions and you know, force fumbels or pick up you know, you know, from recoveries and stuff like that. So that's where I say that the league might not view him as that valuable to be in this list.
Speaker 1: But he's one of my guys, so you know, I always you know.
Speaker 3: And he's more Brian Dawkins to me because he's such a box animal. He like more Brian Dalkin. He bring a certain intensity put like this. It's a defensive backs, a super smart player. I know when he on the field and when he's not on the field because I can tell about the defensive backs, how they talk, how they communicate, everything's totally different when he's on the field. So I think his his worth to this team is a lot more than his physical play. I think it's his mental makeup in his leadership.
Speaker 1: So do you think other players around the league recognize that?
Speaker 5: I think that's what this listen is and that's what I'm and that's what I'm questioning, like, do they know how valuable he is?
Speaker 3: No, because he ain't got the playoff games. You know, this is where you make your name. This is the way you separate yourself.
Speaker 1: So I think the turnovers, I think that's another Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 2: Like like Defro like people will probably be like, No. Twenty two was around the ball so much and made so many plays.
Speaker 4: But we know when on the field we're in trouble, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So so I think I think that's a good kind of consensus there, Terry Allen Payne hopefully Cam. I think trust deserves it. But obviously yeah, so will he make it's no respect, But that would be interesting. Anybody that this is something I wanted to ask you, Fred, anybody for this upcoming season, based on the new offense, based on the new defense, you think has a shot to make it in uh twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Listen, I just I look for the oddities and the oddities on offense. To me, the guys that you can't quantify, they don't they don't look like they're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Curtis Samuels and Antonio Gibbs.
Speaker 3: I just feel like in this offense, they're going to make plays in space like nobody knows, like I know how a West Coast offense does.
Speaker 2: Like they take their number one and they use their number one receiver.
Speaker 3: To open it up for everybody else. Is they attack the field vertically and horizontally. And I think when they attack the horizontally, it's gonna be two guys on their table, and that's gonna be a g and it's gonna be curtisself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I think any other one that would kind of sneaking there for me is maybe Logan Thomas. Maybe, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If Logan Logan is due for something more because of just alone, we're having a new quarterback.
Speaker 4: He needs to know who's his safety net, and Logan is the tight end.
Speaker 5: So the safety there is always gonna be that guy inside where you don't have to Hey, rest sure.
Speaker 4: If you can't see it, you can't read it, dump it down, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean that would be a hug.
Speaker 2: That would be this car really sitting stuff up.
Speaker 1: I think I think Logan Thomas would because again he just had such a good spring, you know, he just had such a good catching the football. So I thought, Man, if there's a guy Gibson, Gibson Logan, I didn't even think about Curtis.
Speaker 4: You know we all know as players too.
Speaker 5: Man, just how how much weight come off your shoulders when you when your body is intactice?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Logan, I can just imagine what he felt last year. He couldn't even walk been in those shoes.
Speaker 5: He gutted that season out. He looked like he was just sitting out there, like, you know, I don't Kelly.
Speaker 4: Throw me the ball that I want to be here. I'm gonna show up.
Speaker 2: I've been that receiver.
Speaker 4: I've been a receiver. I had a hamstring pull. No one knew about it.
Speaker 5: Put my hamstream the two days before the damn game, and I didn't tell no one.
Speaker 4: I went to got worked on train and say, hey, I don't want you to playing.
Speaker 2: I gotta play.
Speaker 4: I got to be on the field. He was like, why damn. I'm like, bro, I just don't want to miss. And I literally good it out.
Speaker 5: Had three catches for fifteen yards against the Eagles and we beat them on like a Sunday night or Monday night. And no one knew I had a hamstring pull and that's all they gave me. But I was happy with that because I showed up for my team. So when I watched the logan last year. I was just grunting something like, I need to know the pain he's been doing right now, and he just want to be out there.
Speaker 4: He want to make sure that he hold his part down.
Speaker 5: Because one of the things that people fail to realize that's being a football player. It's not all about how many catches, it's not all about how many touchdowns, playing our positions. It's about did you do your job to be that decoy, did you do your job to be that blocker, or just being there for your team because you was that one key guy that you wanted to make sure the other team keyed on for somebody else can show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a great point. So I think that kind of segues nicely, like obviously this is the best players on the team now, right, But I think Chris Simms came out with a list, right, Uh, what is it? Finalists for best player of the twenty first century excluding quarterbacks for this team.
Speaker 2: Exclude quarterback they have they are not likely to.
Speaker 1: But also I don't know if there'd be a I mean, I guess, Yesny don't. We don't. We don't have anybody. Yeah, that's a great point. Sorry, I was getting ahead of myself. So the guys that he's got on the list are drum roll, please, our very own Santana Moss deserved. I think that's well deserved as well.
Speaker 3: Trenton Williams, I love, but I think people keep forgetting about Chris Samuels.
Speaker 2: I think people keep forgetting about six scrape.
Speaker 1: He was in the nineties, right, Chris was with me in the two thousands.
Speaker 2: He played with he got drafted in.
Speaker 4: Two thousands, two thousands, he got him in the Boa ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he finished in twenty teen.
Speaker 1: Finished like yo.
Speaker 4: He was here before we got right right right right.
Speaker 1: The time we got yeah, because I remember he was still coaching. He was like an assistant the first year he coached, Yeah, coach one year. Oh yeah. So and then London Fletcher and Ryan Kerrigan, D'Angel hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see. No, Sean Taylor, I'm sorry, but it's I mean, I just.
Speaker 4: Think that, you know, and I'm gonna be really real with you. I appreciate, you know, being in that list.
Speaker 1: The hell I was here. I was here.
Speaker 5: I was able to go out there and play and perform and probably get a little a lot of that recognition Uh, it's a couple of guys I can easily say we can.
Speaker 1: Put in there. So, yeah, who would you?
Speaker 4: I throw a Porters in there. I throw Chris Samuels in there. Hell, I threw smooth and the smooth play long enough, and he was dominant on his team.
Speaker 1: You were put there. I'll put him in there. Yeah, because I don't really know that much about your career, you know what I'm saying, Like put like this.
Speaker 3: I paired up with me and cham Bailey to start off, me and Sewan Springs, me and and Twine when Field, me and d how me and Colos Rogers. I've always paired up with pretty good come We all played. We only played man and man like that was our thing. And I had to check the t Os of the world, the Joey Galloways of the world, the random uses of the world, and as you look, I'm not on any of their highlights. I was the second corner ever to go a whole entire season in O seven without giving up a touchdown. So I've had my spurts, but I would just I just throw shunning it because I'm about dominant. How many games did I play in that somebody changed like Lebar had some games in my early years that he changed the game for us. But when Sean got here, that's that was different. Like I watched him dictate games in a way that I hadn't watched anybody do that.
Speaker 2: So I just I know it was short. I know it was short lived. I know four seasons. I know, I know it was short lived. But I'm about dominant.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: He was dumbinant And just to kind of, you know, piggyback off of him speaking on that, That's where I was at when I watch this list.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for acknowledge of me.
Speaker 4: I think I did what I had to do here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know when I when I grade players, when I grave myself, I look at the widespread you know, I look at Okay, what did you do for the team that you played for?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 5: So you can check that off with me, Tanna, you did everything? What did you do for that room that you you played in?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: I was one of those dominant guys in that room, whether through all.
Speaker 5: The years I played, you know what I mean, whether I was the first guy or in the slot, I was dominant at that position.
Speaker 4: Then I said, okay, what did you do in.
Speaker 5: The division, What did you do as a whole in the league? And then what names stand out of this list?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 5: Three names will say that I can say that stands out, you know when it comes to just looking at that from the widespread of their whole career. Here, Trent, Williams, London and Ryan you know, I think they was all dominant in all those I mean, check out the box and all those now and then now now now two names stand out the most.
Speaker 4: Trent in London because when we talk about best at what they're doing, the best that they position, Trent was arguably the.
Speaker 2: Best left tack still is and tesday to day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while he was here and since he's been gone. Yeah, London, London.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying pro bow every year that he dominates, that.
Speaker 4: Tells you enough.
Speaker 1: He's the best offensive tackle of his generation.
Speaker 5: So when so I put that in, okay, so boom. Now he moves up the ladder. Londonably the best.
Speaker 2: His numbers mimic Ray Lewis, he's better. He got some numbers better than.
Speaker 5: Ray, But there was so many other guys that they probably gave a better, gave a not too in London. But I knew what he meant to us. So when I when I when I compare all that, I would say, the one guy that stands out on this list will just be Trent.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I would I would say if I had to pick from these guys right here, even myself included, I'm not finishing here, and I'm gonna be real Trent Williams because he domin dominated, and he always was a Pro Bowl player, just like Chris Sam, and we don't have Christian. Chris Sam went to the Pro Bowl every year, domb every year, dominant, you know, years the.
Speaker 4: Fact Chris was not on this list. I'm picking from this list Trent, Trent Wins Wins.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, you know, because I have I obviously played with Trent. I like Trent a lot. He was we dropped it the same year, all that stuff. I always wonder because he's so dominant now with the forty nine ers, if people kind of confound that because he was really really really good here, but now he's dominant. He's amazing.
Speaker 2: When you had injury, why is it?
Speaker 4: See the game changes when you get a little older.
Speaker 5: That's why you know, I love talking about just game and how they weed the old players out.
Speaker 4: When we was around, but when we came in, all the old players were still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was giving us the game and we were sitting there scratching our head like why is he still here?
Speaker 4: Because that's what you need.
Speaker 5: And the teams got crazy in our generation tried to weave us. But then you saw them soon as they realized, Okay, now let's keep these old quarterbacks around.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We're keeping the old quarterback, but we're gonna we the skial guys out.
Speaker 5: That don't make sense because you need those guys, even if they can't play on the caliber or the level that they played on when they came in. Their knowledge of the game is everything I used to sitting there, me and Trent had signs when I knew a guy was coming hot when I'm in a slot, and I mean I hit Trent or say something that Trent was like, I got you, and he knew to pick up that guy because we had little keys, you know what I mean. And that's what separates you from certain guys. But that don't come up on the stat sheit. You know what I'm saying. You're playing the game within the game. Your IQ is now on the level of man I don't saw at all. So you know that's what I sit and rave about when I see some of the guys like Trent, who's still around.
Speaker 4: He played off of just his athleticism when he played with us. I did that. I told many stories about not watching film, just beating the guy.
Speaker 5: But when I had that last knee surgery, that third knee surgery in twenty ten, oh, I don't feel that gear or two that I had. Now it's time to beat him with my mind, you know what I mean. That's what Trent doing. He still has the he's still having athleticism, has that aggressive but his mineus, His mine is superb. Now he's on a level like no other because he has the knowledge. He's he don't play so many games.
Speaker 2: And he happy. I could always tell when the player happy, like he's happy.
Speaker 1: Where he is now is yeah, yeah, yeah. So another one. So a couple of questions here. One, Ryan Kerrigan not getting a lot of love. Right well, all time all time leader in uh sacks for franchise history, right yeah. In terms of a guy you could just set your watch by. Yeah, he was gonna play, He's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be there when you meet him.
Speaker 4: Ryan Carrigan undoubtedly did what he had to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, But guess what the thing about it? If I look at him and say, who's complete?
Speaker 1: Meaning no weaknesses?
Speaker 3: The one thing we can say about Ryan he gonna pass rush, but you can run at it.
Speaker 2: And this is what teams did. They've ran at him.
Speaker 1: Sure, So.
Speaker 3: Out of all the guys, I think him and d how would be the ones where this when people start the augur for Shun Taylor, the start the augur for somebody else.
Speaker 2: But no, these guys did the job. Don't get the trust. They did the job at the highest level.
Speaker 1: Who would you put defensively from a defensive lineman standpoint, who would you put ahead of Ryan like? I mean just from like, I can't think of anybody. I don't think no about. The one would be like Rack. Maybe he was right.
Speaker 2: Rack didn't have a lot of pass moves.
Speaker 4: Rack was so undersize for what he for what we asked him to do.
Speaker 5: He wasn't in the right defense. Hands down, he wasn't in the right defense. And I don't even know all of now, but I can just watch him. Levars started out fast.
Speaker 3: Only two years he started out fast, but Greg Williams injuries I think sidetracked.
Speaker 2: Him a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think Ryan seems obvious. Defensive back D'Angelo Hall, I mean you mentioned.
Speaker 2: Sean Taylor is my my vote defensive back?
Speaker 3: Like because I listen, I have had I have had the privilege to play with five Hall famous. I think in the defensive backfield, I didn't played with the chimp Bayley's.
Speaker 2: I played with dal Green. I had the like Shun was the one that stuck out over all of them. I'm sorry he was. He was just that different. And I'm not not saying it because I'm his friend. I'm saying because this is the truth. That's how I felt.
Speaker 1: I feel.
Speaker 4: Given credit when credits due. De Hall deserves to be on the list.
Speaker 5: But like I said before, when you're just saying that, who's that one guy on this list that stands out, it is what it is. I think Trent Williams get the nod over London, and I think London was superb.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying supposed to already. I'm just looking at the wise.
Speaker 5: You know when I say when the league said Trent Williams, that's how you saw it, you know, they didn't. They didn't do that with London, but London punched him in the face every time he played them. So at the end of the day, all you gotta respect London, you know what I'm saying, And we know what he meant for this team. I know what he meant as me being a player on the team with him. Like I was listening, you know what I'm saying. I watched, I sat there and new when the defense need to make a play London and to come through. But I'm just saying when we when were talking about these guys on this list, Trent just stands out from the consecutive Pro Bowls, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think London got robbed almost every year of a Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Every year he could, he got robbed, but Trent was there and he's still dominating to this day.
Speaker 1: That's gonna say one thing about London. I mean, I think Trent is the freakiest dude I ever played with in my whole life. And I played with like Julio Jones, I played with some of the freakiest guys in the NFL. He is a man apart, Yeah, London. Fletcher from like kind of the moral fiber of his was like that is his superpower. He was a great athlete, but his leadership, his drive, his focus, Like to me, like that's where I would say.
Speaker 4: You didn't get that. You didn't. You didn't never look at London.
Speaker 5: Like as if he was like an older brother or uncle when you played with him, Like you know, I'm just saying, like his demeanor in the locker room and on the field was almost like regardless of how much we are on the same level, I always looked at him and like you're the guy.
Speaker 1: You're the guy, You're the guy next. You know what I'm I got a funny story.
Speaker 5: I never and I'm an offensive guy, so I never had to really sit up there and go, you know, ask London any questions.
Speaker 4: I just knew that London Fletcher leading the defense. You know what I'm saying, Like we got.
Speaker 5: A middle linebacker, London Fletcher. I ain't worried about what's going on over there because he don't have it.
Speaker 1: You know, I got a funny story about London. So I remember, like, you know, you get hurt, right, you know, turn turn my mcl separate mac joint and I come he come in the training room and like look over the little partition there and be like, hey, what you got? And oh, man, you know spray mac joint. He looked at me like, oh you're all right, Like, man, I can't even lift my arm up right now. He's like, you know what I did? And I was like, no, flesh, what's up. He's like, they take my arm to my to my body. When I did mac johint, I played the rest of the game. L I tore my mcl and don't tell you I didn't miss a practice. I just remember thinking, like that's the standard man. Like he's a guy who shows tremendous physical courage, tremendous leadership and so yeah, London is a guy that I think is a shitting Okay, So little departure from football here. We got something favorite offseason traditions. I'm gonna punt on that. I got a question for you guys. You see that picture of Patrick Mahome's house where he's got like about.
Speaker 3: The basketball, I mean, baseball, football, gospelall all that stuff.
Speaker 2: That's what five hundred million gets.
Speaker 1: So what I want to know is, if you had one thing you can put in your house, what is that one thing. Is it like the movie theater?
Speaker 2: Is it the movie is played out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What we got?
Speaker 2: I want a waterfowl right now?
Speaker 1: A water what?
Speaker 2: I want to war? I just want to any house.
Speaker 1: You know, you can put it anywhere, Tana like you could be like I want, I want. I don't know, like a jungle gym. I don't know. Whatever you want man skyland. But one thing waterfall.
Speaker 2: I'm about tranquility, right what what what? I want to hear water falling when I'm going to refrigerating, But it's in the how big is your house?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What do we gotta listen?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the waterfowl. It's just like the whole wall like twelve feet tall and just water dread.
Speaker 1: And you could have anything like personal chefs and you want I cook for myself.
Speaker 2: I want a waterfall, man, do don't get made what you want?
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm just so blown away by that. I don't even know. It's like a big water fall is like louder is it just want to wall.
Speaker 4: Waterfall that's not really loud. I've seen people have like you you know what I mean. So it's not like something that that that's I'm.
Speaker 2: A little surprised by asking what about you, tam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know me, man, I'm basic, bro, I'm so simple.
Speaker 1: You got something you want in there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I might. I might want a chef.
Speaker 1: Che would be every day.
Speaker 2: That's just me because I to make muffins the whole day.
Speaker 5: No, I mean that's what that's on the lunch today because I don't want to. I don't want to eat all that crap. I mean, so I want to I'm going to go ahead and settle for the muffin. But no, because that's the prime reason someone that's gonna cook.
Speaker 4: What I want. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, like on the dime, like when I need it, it's.
Speaker 5: All prepared, is ready. That's what I would need in my house. Other than that, I don't need nothing to describe. Again, I can have a chef in the apartment or a damn damn condo.
Speaker 4: Fall I care.
Speaker 1: I just want a chef.
Speaker 5: I want somebody and I can say, hey, man, I want that lunch at one o'clock, I want my my snack at four o'clock, I want my dinner at seven o'clock, and everything else I have.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 5: I'm you know, I'm very routine about things there. Okay, but I have a problem with my eating this weight room.
Speaker 1: I do want to room so bad and I want I want it to be the most decked out weight room. I want the special plates, I want force plates, I want data monitoring.
Speaker 2: I wanted the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But I know Fred, I know this man. Yeah, you're not married anymore, but happy wife. So I would punt on that, even though that's something I want very bad. And I'd get my wife a farm and she could have as many horses and like dog rescues out there. The kids could have the dirt bikes out there taxes either. Yeah, So as much as I want the weight room, I gotta I gotta pun on what I want.
Speaker 2: Well, you know I got the farm coming. We will come. What are you talking about in West Virginia? You gotta come in farm. You know I want the two because you gotta yea, I may invite.
Speaker 1: You to it. Yeah, we gotta, Yeah, we gotta talk about that more. We gotta talk about that more detail coming out, all right. So that's gonna do it for today. So make sure you like and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, and check out Command Center Wednesday's on the Commander's YouTube.
Speaker 2: Page, cheer you.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we got exclusive Commander's content for you every single day of the week. Monday we got a one on one player interview and Fred, you've got Antonio Gibson. What he give you that?
Speaker 2: He give me everything?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Everything? He's dead guy, all right?
Speaker 1: And then Tuesday we got this podcast, command Center Podcast. Makes you tune in for that. This is all of our unhinged thoughts. Wednesday we've got the show, the Main Show, makes you tune in for that. Thursday we've got Tanna's takes. What you got this week? Tanna?
Speaker 4: You know what? I got some susquestion man, I got it brewing. I don't want to buy tom I don't want to pay attention.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, pay attention. I always got to pay attention and you always got great insight. And Friday we got Logan Lives in the Comments, which is really is Logan Fred and Tanna live in the comments and we've been loving getting the questions. We got some for you each and every day of the week. Be sure to like and subscribe to YouTube and never miss exclusive Commander's content.
Speaker 5: The views and opinions express by our podcast gas are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.