Speaker 1: No Willian.
Speaker 2: Doctor. We are back. Yes, we are middle of the week.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: How's everyone feeling?
Speaker 3: It's just me and you and here Roy. You can't ask how everyone's feeling. It's just me.
Speaker 2: Just asks me how I'm feeling. Well. Peter is here too.
Speaker 4: You want me to get into it, so Jake check this out right right? Oh listen, you know I love it. Everyone relaxed, Everyone relaxed.
Speaker 3: All right, let me sit my water man. It's not really water, but I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 1: Water before we start. No one wins when the family fuse. I will just make that clear. That may have nothing to do with what you're about to say. I'm just saying no.
Speaker 4: One will will when the family I mean, yes, the song one somebody in the family gonna win may not be you.
Speaker 1: We are back sponsored by Boost. Also this weekend we have our merch pop up shop.
Speaker 4: Yes sir, Cafe Go Moto two eighty six Broome Street This Saturday. Come check us out one pm to six pm. We will be in the building. Shout out to see, shout out to call everybody over there. Cafe Cole Model.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we picked the menu today.
Speaker 4: We have some some beverages named after obs, beverages, good vibes, good food, good music, good eats, good conversations, good domino games. Excuse me, bones, play some bones, fair play some bones. Just come on, have a good time, man. We go kick it for a few hours.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Also, we're doing a little bit of intern hazing as well, our intern.
Speaker 3: Ryan, Ryan, you're out of here. It was a good run. Baby.
Speaker 1: He also DJs, but I mean Ryan was also born I think in in twenty fifteen or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty seventeen, just count.
Speaker 1: So you know, we got to give him some time to grow. But if you'd like to in turn shame, come early because he will be on the wheels of steal.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we will be very critical of every transition that he does.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can, you can.
Speaker 4: You can record him and post him and let the people know on your feet if he's terrible or not.
Speaker 3: But Ryan will be DJ. Shoutout to our God.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: He had me today that I hope he feels better. He said he was sick, couldn't come in today. I kind of felt like maybe he was trying to take the tom to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to lock in and get it sick, get a serader together. You're Ryan Rord take it nextra day and get your serado together. It's all good man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That or he was so excited that Yeat put out an interview. Yeah, he couldn't make it here.
Speaker 3: Probably both, probably both.
Speaker 2: How much heat do you think is of beating the set? I hope none, but nah.
Speaker 4: Anybody has some eating it though, But I don't know if it's Yeat vibes though?
Speaker 2: Is Yeat that early in today?
Speaker 3: The heat?
Speaker 2: Where where does heat vibe?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, he Eat is a little uptempos, a little you know what I mean. It's teenage mosh, little rumbunksious. Did you see the Yeat track list feature think they have? Yeah, it's like the weird of the world. He has, Sir Elton John on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, listen, got the complexion for the connection.
Speaker 2: I'm not here to shoot on you know how we got down that path.
Speaker 1: Shout out to ya Saturday. We will be there also. Our brother Jerald Prince Miller just put out an episode today with Joey Melino. O G. That is the Old Rage. The Old gis great. Great episode. Shout out to Joey Molino. Shout out to Snuff Skinny. Joey's cheese steaks.
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, sir, when we gotta go down to Skinny Joey's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, I think they'll be there in two weeks.
Speaker 1: He said for us to come down, all right, because I think him in printing doing something.
Speaker 4: I didn't dare ask Joey and and and a little snuff to uh make a vegan cheese cheese steak.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought they would.
Speaker 4: What I for great, I just didn't think to to like, Yo, Yeah, I ain't got a vegan cheese steak on the media.
Speaker 1: I don't think of a fifty year old Italian man from South Philly wouldn't be progressive like.
Speaker 3: I just I just don't think so. I just don't think so.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna go down there and check them out, suppor the guys anyway.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, absolutely, But yes I feared today.
Speaker 3: Wow, man, So what what are you scared of? Man?
Speaker 2: You know, when action stop, you don't have to act.
Speaker 4: But yo, I'm so mad y'all didn't let us let me let that clip go out. Man? When I was a h I mean, you want a little and we thought we were protecting you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe that was what.
Speaker 4: Let me get my ship off sometimes, man, come on, man, it's kind of what what was needed for sure, But yes, I didn't want to be responsible for any family feuds today, so I may I saw it a few times and kind of let you rock.
Speaker 1: Jay Z has been doing a lot of announcements, even added extra innings because the Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt show sold out so quickly. Yes, sir, he did an interview with GQ that came out two days ago. Yes, sir, with our guy Fraser.
Speaker 4: Shout out the Fraser great interview and yeah, slew to him, answered in a deska.
Speaker 1: I just think it's great to shout in odeska see great young journalists getting the looks that they deserve. I was very happy that that Fraser did this interview. Where do you want to begin? Should we talk about all the positive things?
Speaker 2: Sure? I think most of it was positive. It's always good to hear jay Z.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, but that's not what anyone focused on. What he gave like a lot of gems and in wise words that we could all live by. But nobody really wanted to hear any of that.
Speaker 2: They wanted to hear what's your opinion on RATB?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know that you know, they want to hear.
Speaker 4: But I understandably, right jabing who he is and having gone through uh another one of the biggest battles in our culture with him and ours, we would have.
Speaker 2: Killed Fraser if he didn't ask that question. Yeah, he had to.
Speaker 3: He had to.
Speaker 2: He had to ask that.
Speaker 1: But I mean, in ironically the response to that is kind of what Jay was getting at. He was suggesting that maybe where the stakes are now and where rap is now, the rap beef may not be healthy for the culture the way that it is weaponized, where it's you know, trying to ruin people's lives. The stands on the internet all come together to try and ruin your family, and you know, maybe that's not the best way to push the culture forward. You can be competitive on a record instead of doing a rap beef. There can still be the competitive nature, but maybe it shouldn't be in regards to how far maybe some of the recent beefs have gone. And they fucking smoked him for saying that, And I'm not mad at people for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand the pushback that people have on that, only only because I think it's necessary. I mean, if you talk about you know and especially from holes standpoint. I understand Jay is obviously the eldest statesman. Now he's in a different space, you know, in his life where he maybe views things obviously differently than he did when he was so embedded in music and in rap and in the competitive nature of it all. But I think that that's part of it, man. I think that's you know, battling is part of of hip hop, is part of rap.
Speaker 3: It's a competitive thing. Who's the better MC.
Speaker 4: You know, we have the debates all the time, whether it's you know, in the barbershops, on the block, you know, group chats, whether it's online now, you know, social media, wherever. You have these conversations and these debates. Because it's all subjective art. You know, people are going to listen to things and they're going to pick their favorites and debate them and say why I feel like this person is better than that person.
Speaker 3: I don't think you could ever remove that.
Speaker 4: I do understand how things now are, you know, discussed, is a little differently. It's a little more polarizing because so many people have or what can be heard or be seen via social media. But I don't think we we you know, getting rid of it or it not being healthy or you know, progressive for rap.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with that, you you.
Speaker 4: Know, because you always gotta you always got to figure out through rap and through and through art you know, who's the better artists, who's the better you know, especially in rap, Like that's just I don't know what rap is without that?
Speaker 1: Well can you can you do that in the way that that Jay said. As far as being competitive on a record together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I think it's both. I think you can be competitive on the record. And I think that you know, in times, uh you know, MC's and artists are going to have disagreements or have you know, ways they feel about each other, and if if they decide to express that through the music, you know, I would rather than do it through the music than to actually run into each other in the streets and it become physical. And of course, yeah, so I would. I would rather be that. I would rather it be through the music and us to you know, display your skill set through through through rap than to for it to turn physical.
Speaker 3: And then that's what we don't need, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to, you know, And again I understand and then Jay spoke to it. You know, he sounds like the old guy wagging his finger, you know what I mean, like and it's like, yeah, I mean it's you know, like Jay had to go through it, you know, and other artists that thought that they were the best or whether they had the best. You go through those moments where it's like, nah, I'm better than you, I'm the best, and it's like, okay, well, if you the best and show me you the bet, I just don't.
Speaker 3: That's something that has always been a part of it.
Speaker 1: Well, you can also come across as not just the old man that's wagging his finger or you know, you also come across as like the hypocritical pastor to some degree, like I'm not saying you can't change and grow, but don't wag your finger at us when you were rapping about putting condoms on baby seats and skeating in a jeep. Well like, and I'm not saying Jay, that was you know what twenty years ago. Of course, you grow and look at different perspectives. I've had different perspectives of rap Beep as of late, not to the degree that Jay has, but more so on the side of what it's done to fandom. I think that's where I think the stand shit is getting a little too toxic and nothing to do with music. But I kind of hear him on the Kendrick Drake thing to some degree. But eight months later we got an extremely healthy rap battle with Joey Badass Daylight right like it can still happen. It just so happens that that battle was it was the biggest battle of all time with two A list artists that already had stands, and then new stands came about it and they're just fucking weird. But you had a great example of another battle that had nothing to do with the toxic shit the JYM was talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're right, but also to add to that, Tuto Rory, I think the one piece and you know, I've read comments and things over the last how many days, and you know people are like, oh, I'm kind of hearing about this battle and out of that, well, when you get you know, the guys that are the biggest guys you know from the art form talking about it, then yes, us as podcast is we're gonna talk about the battle and what those guys are saying.
Speaker 1: But oh no, you don't need to be vag Yeah, I got Quintin Miller.
Speaker 2: Sorry, man, We're gonna keep talking about it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Quinton, Yeah, We're gonna keep talking about it. Yeah, We're definitely gonna keep talking about it.
Speaker 1: But if j Cole is talking about it on the press run, I'm gonna react.
Speaker 2: To what Ja Cole said about and vice versa with hoo. Right.
Speaker 4: But to add to what you were saying too, though, Rory, I think that the one thing that I think people keep forgetting about this and the thing that I think turned it into something else. And you know, my story and my stance has remained the same from day one. I don't think Jay feels the way he feels about this battle. If the word that was used wasn't there, okay, well, then I think that changes everything in this battle because we didn't feel that way after the Drake and Meek. We didn't feel this way after the Drake and Pusher, right, we didn't feel we didn't feel these ways like you al, it was too toxic. It was too the fan bases would get into but no one checked on Nikki after the world tour line. You used to understand I'm saying, but I think things completely changed and it was a different energy introduced because something as disgusting and as egregious as Pedophilia was introduced. That energy was because words have meaning, they have power behind it. Once you introduce that energy into this, it's a completely different thing now because the energy changes from everybody. And I think that is that is what turned this into something that became more mud slinging, more you know of an attack, more of from from both sides, from from from the artists, from the fan bases. I think the energy completely changed because when we got push ups and like that, the like that ver it wasn't it didn't feel like that yet, right, It just felt like, Okay, these are some of the best going at it right.
Speaker 3: That energy it was it. It was a familiar energy.
Speaker 4: It was like okay, this is Drake and Kendrick's time now, Like okay, cool.
Speaker 1: But I think after pedophile that changed everything. Well, all right, stans Ween, this camera stands. Let me let me teach you how to stand. You can be a stand and still be objective with who you stand for. I am admitted who Avenger He's my favorite rapper. I think Hove is an incredible person businessman, But that does not mean I have to sit and fucking agree with every last thing he said, because that is you are correct, but that is extremely hypocritical when you then take that very toxic thing that Jay is speaking to and you put it on the largest platform ever with the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, like, don't act like you didn't participate. Don't act like you don't have to stand on your hands.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: You know, And that was another part of it too, because you know, Jay was like, you know, he spoke that like, you know, the guy had a big year. Great, understand it's correct. But but but now, and this is the thing about it, and you know, and I think that people for whatever reason, you know, they they because it was a battle and you know, it's music that they feel like, you know, Drake wasn't supposed to be so offended by that. You know, it's just rap, and it's like no, no, no, no, no, no no. Because the same way Jay sat there and spoke about the egregious allegations towards him about sexual assault on a thirteen year old, which would make somebody that sexually assaults a thirteen year old a pedophile, right, So it's one and the same. It's like, those claims are so egregious, But just because one is coming from an alleged victim and an attorney and one is coming from an artist doesn't make it any difference to me. It's like, and like Jay said, once you claim, once you say that, once you make those claims, you have to be willing to stand on that. Yeah, because again we're talking about halfway sure about that. You can't. You can't, I think, no, no, no, no, no no. You have to be one million percent sure of what you're saying and understand the ramifications in the weight behind what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But okay, I hear you.
Speaker 1: What is different between a filed lawsuit and a rap battle? Now different too? Oh I'm not telling uh Jay or or Drake. I would never tell them how to feel about that. Yeah, I would be, but you can understand how highly upset if somebody said that about me, even if there was no lawsuit and someone just say, yeah, you know what Rory be doing on WEE guess I would feel like fucking well, Okay, So, but I mean I do think what the paydwork thing is is different, But I yes, hope contradicted himself a bit in that, because where was even a bit more contradictory is let's say he is just talking about the standarm and not talking about the lyrics, because he did talk with Michael Eric Diyson about, Hey, I think you're overthinking this whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was just a rap battle.
Speaker 1: So let's say isn't talking about what's happening in the actual lyrics. It is about empowering the stand culture that's gonna dox the other side's family and do all this other weird shit on the internet and like really fuck with people's lives, like you got barbs that will put someone's address of their mother's house Like that is very toxic. And yes, rat beef has definitely contributed to that heightening for sure, but either but those people are crazy anyways, they'll do it regardless even if there's a beef. You enabled them even more with the Super Bowl. Let's not act like the k bots and the ov Hose did not go even crazier once Jay gave Kendrick the opportunity at the Super Bowl to look in a fucking camera in a red camera and go, Drake heard you like I'm young in a whole stadium to say pedophile. So either way, however, Hove looking at it with the toxic part that shouldn't be here, you definitely contributed to it. You did to amplifying, yes, and adding even more fuel to the fire with the toxic shit that he's talking about that I do agree with when it comes to the internet and stead agree. Yeah, but that made it ten times worse. But he also is correct. His job is to get the biggest artists. He said, why would someone get mad about bad Bunny? He's the number one streaming artist. I don't even so why would they even to be pushback? Kendrick had a fucking crazy year. Of course I'm gonna book them. But no, you kind of have to you kind of have to just sit down and shut up a little bit if you're doing that, Like you could feel that way quietly, but you can't say that and then contribute the way that you contributed.
Speaker 4: Well, it's again because he's a businessman and it's his role to you know, as you know, being in charge of the super Bowl halftime showing entertainment, to put on and put forth the best show possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, but but like you said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kendrick, as far as number wise that year twenty twenty four amazing, But as coming off of what though coming off like you said, that energy that was there, those you know, introducing that energy into a battle, which turned it into something else, which turned it into a more uh it felt like a more personal attack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, sure, and and and and again.
Speaker 4: We've had the conversation numerous times, and my stand has always been the same, that to me is the worst thing you could ever possibly call somebody. So to amplify that, like you're saying, to put that now on the biggest stage probably in American sports culture, to put that message in that energy, naturally, it amplifies.
Speaker 3: It, and it gives it more more, more energy, more life.
Speaker 1: And I honestly, really I don't have a issue with Jay doing that. I'm saying you have to be consistent in your argument and your outrage with with both those things.
Speaker 2: You can geel that way. But also like they just then understand we're all hypocrits.
Speaker 1: I'm not thinking Jay doesn't have a right to do that, and then also be like, yeah, this shit is kind of nuts what we're doing right now, Like he's not the first one quest Love who we know has contributed to this culture mount rushmore versions of how much we know quest love to love hip hop.
Speaker 2: He got smoked. I think it was the first week of the battle. He tweeted. He was like, I don't know, man, this is I don't know if I like.
Speaker 1: This, this type of rat battle, Like this is just getting weird, and and they smoked him like, way, I thought you was all about the culture battle, Like you can also get older and be like, I just don't feel good about that.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's a it's a real thing, like it's but again, I don't think the the answer is we shouldn't have that be a part of the culture. I think every every artist, every generation has their moment, they have their time on the stage, they have their their time to go through the things that you know that the guys went before them went, And I just think that was the time for Drake and Kendrick.
Speaker 3: To have that moment.
Speaker 4: Now, looking back, yes, we understand that, you know, things happen, things were said. That's you know, especially when you're an elder states when you're like, yo, that y'all kind of y'all wildn you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I understand that, But like you're saying.
Speaker 4: At the same time, yes, that was wild, and those you know, claims are in gregious and discussion. That's the worst thing you could ever put on somebody, especially when it's not true. But then we didn't reward it with a halftime show.
Speaker 3: We rewarded with a Grammy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's it's so many other things that we have to look at around that it's like, yo, yeah, I get it and understanding. I think that it went too far and things was said that I shouldn't have been said, But there was a lot of support behind that record and a lot of you know, uh, rewarding of that song. There was a lot of it throughout the industry. So yes, two things can be true. It went to your answer to it, Jimmy, I think it went too far. It was nasty, but at the same time, people rewarded it. Sure, people applauded it. And at the at the end of the day, he's a guy on the other end of that. Dad has to sit back who has helped and put money in plenty of these same people's pockets throughout the years. He has to sit back and then watch that happen and watch that unfold, and watch people that he felt like he had a relationship with and he had, you know, a good rapport with support such a disgusting claim and accusation about the man that he is. You know, yeah, it's unfortunate, but you know, at the same time, people people profited off of that. People profited off of that energy and that message and that that disgusting you know, accusation and claim. Like a lot of people profited off of that, So I get it. Yes, I do think it's different.
Speaker 2: These days with with with with you know, shit, we.
Speaker 4: Fan bases, we profited off it, right, I do think it's different these days with fan bases and things like that. I think it's you know, everybody has a you know, I guess a voice.
Speaker 3: They feel like they can voice their opinion.
Speaker 4: Everybody can be seen because everybody can jump on social media and chime in.
Speaker 3: So I get the energy just.
Speaker 4: Feels a little more divisive and a little more you know, nasty, and it's more of an attack type of vibe behind it. But at the same time, you know a lot of people still profited off of it and also amplified and helped plant that message.
Speaker 3: And that energy on the stage.
Speaker 1: I want to be careful with my words here because I do still want to go to those concerts where when Jay's saying things that come along with the rap beef that are bad outside of what's on record, shit that happens off record that comes with it. Jay has been accused. I'm not saying this to be a fact. It's always just been a rumor and accusations. Three sides to every story Jay has been accused of. If you beef with him, there's times you get black balled behind the scenes. There's moves that some people have said words about Jay on recD and we never saw them again, not like they died, but like you know, their career was over. We've heard a lot of stories, but listen, a lot of people tell their version when they don't fully understand something. I'm not here to say Jay did that, but that was always a running rumor when Jay was more active in rap. Because yes, there's the Jay and NAS one because it was direct records back and forth. But Jay has been in subliminal battles with twenty five rappers, probably like at this point that maybe you didn't catch if you weren't like a super fan. But you always heard that Jay was behind the scenes doing business tactics to really get at you. Is that too far because that fucks with somebody's livelihood, family, dreams, everything. If I say something about you on WAX and we just keep it on wax, why are you now making moves behind the scene that's affecting my income and my opportunities within this business.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying Jay did that. It was always a rumor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. That's just talk.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe the person that you know got into a little back and forth or had a little spat which it maybe that person just wasn't talented enough to really, you know, to surpass or continue forward in their career.
Speaker 2: Like maybe it was just that. I I guess what I'm really saying.
Speaker 1: Is is it UCI Wally or is it one mic? Like you can't have it either has to be eve, it's going to be toxic, like it's always going to come with something negative as well while we're entertained by an audio blood sport like it's gonna come it's it's it's quote unquote war like you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm always but with some saying.
Speaker 1: Is that uchi wali and one mic, like you can't have as far as what though you can't say, hey, maybe we should pull back on some of this because it's getting out of hand when I mean the rules that have been there. It's a battle type of thing, and it's war like you can make moves behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Shiit. People are even accused.
Speaker 1: Drake's accusing Universal of doing shit behind the scenes because of the battle and his negotiations, like you can't have one without the other. Yeah, but again, Jay's some things wireshit like you want it to be one way. Yeah, And I'm saying to Hove to quote himself, is it chi wally or is it one mic? You can't have You can't have it either way, like it either has to come with this and he can say pedophile at the super Bowl and you're involved with it, or you have to say straight up no more rabbis and I don't want to be a.
Speaker 3: Part of it. I think you can say both.
Speaker 4: I think because that's a that's a real feeling of Jay like out of job. Because again he said I don't know if it if it should be a part of the I think he knows it will always be but he's more so speaking from the stance of at what cost, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, is it is it worth it? Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it something that you know what I mean, Like it's just gotten to a point where things may go too far, So he can speak to that. I think that he knows as an MC and as a rapper, I think he knows that that's always.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Battling is always going to be MC's gonna come along and fore like I'm better than this, I'm better than this guy, and they're gonna want to display that. I think that's something that will always be a part of it. But it's not like he can't still feel like damn, but I hate that part of it. I wish that part of it wasn't you know, necessary, and then we didn't have to do that. So I understand him feeling a way. My thing is, you know, again, he's a businessman, so he has to still conduct business.
Speaker 3: But you can't.
Speaker 4: We can't say, yeah, damn, that's fucked up, that's crazy. But here's the biggest stage in our culture. To display that message and amplify it like that, to me is like, while on one hand, I get it because it's business and we got to put the best show and best biggest artists, you know, we got to do that. But then you have to understand how people are going to look at it like, okay, but that's amplifying it. That's adding to the fire, that's throwing fuel on this thing to make it even bigger and brighter than it already is. Like, so yeah, I get both sides of it. He can feel like, damn, this is crazy, this is nasty. We shouldn't do this. I don't know if we should be doing this, but the MC and him knows this is something that's going to be forever a part.
Speaker 1: Of the coach Oh Noah for sure, and my favorite styles. People like you can't come here and change the rules. It's the mud. But everyone's allowed to feel like, nah, it's just not for me. So I get that. It did appear in a very jay Z esque way. He was telling us that he is working on something.
Speaker 2: Very vague.
Speaker 1: He didn't dodge, but he made it so open ended that it left you to speculative.
Speaker 2: Like did he mean that?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like if he wasn't, he'd straight up be like nah, not really like I'm not really that inspired. But even when you know, Fraser asked him about the Clips album, obviously they did the distribution with rock Nation, so we all assume, like, all right, there's definitely a higher chance now that Jay will be on it, and he said he almost was, but he thought the next thing that he says should come from him and not a feature, which kind of made me feel like, like, with how much he has to say he's working on something now because if he if he wasn't, I think he would have gotten the shit he needed off his chest with the Clips feature the way he has in the past. Kala doing an album, l I got some shites get on my chest. But I think he's very intentional now because he feels like he wants to speak to him. So that's what I took from it, And that could just be the fan of me hoping that that's the case, but I think he just straight up would have.
Speaker 2: Been like, Nah, not working or anything. I'm just here to celebrate twenty five years, thirty years.
Speaker 4: Like I think the opposite. I think somebody like Jay is always working on something, whether it means he actually went in the studio and laid anything down, you know. I mean, I don't think I don't think he's done that. He said he had a lot of sketches. He just said they all suck. Yeah, yeah, like voice notes, and you know you know that because that's just who he is at his core. Yeah, he's an MC. So he's always going to have an idea and you know, he he's always going to have a couple of bars that he just kind of you know, comes up with. But I don't think that he's know fully in that mode of, you know, I'm going in here to create this album and I'm going in here to ladies bars, And I don't think he's I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's doing that. But again, I for a.
Speaker 4: Fact, he's always in his head. You know, he has he has some bars that he has in his head that he's you know, kind of like tweaking and and and just always kind of going over in his mind. But I don't I don't think he's he's actively recording and laying and laying versus then.
Speaker 1: No, the way he was talking about uh Blue toven, like the way he was saying how good blue is that piano should get here any note and just start on something Nah, he's definitely heard some keys in the living room and and definitely started started rapping up, like I'm keeping this, this is gonna be use someone.
Speaker 4: Oh no, always I think the whole Blue produced. Yeah, no, I think no ideas. He has ideas. He's a creative. He's gonna always have ideas. But forty four keys, he didn't lay put him down. I don't think he's He's in the studio recording though. I don't think so. I doubt that.
Speaker 1: We shall see anything else before we get to the cold part.
Speaker 2: That stood out.
Speaker 1: I just thought the way he talked about Blue getting on stage, and I thought it was a very self aware parenting point of view. He straight up like said it was the first thing she had to ever work for in her life, Like because obviously, look at her parents, she doesn't have to you know, want or need for much. She was so gifted with the piano, like she'd have to work for it. She just gets on a piano and can do it right away. The stage stuff came differently. He was more proud of her to actually watch her work for something rather than just be the talent that she was over here with the piano, And I like I could see someone looking at that kind of harsh even of how he worded it, But I thought that was like a perfect NEPO baby parenting point of view, Like I'm not going to sit here and pretend like my child has to work for things, because she doesn't at all. So yeah, this is going to be your version of having to work for something. Yeah, because you need to have that instilled with you. If you're that talented as is with music, and you're also a child of two billionaires, where are you going to learn any type of work? So I thought that was just a cool perspective because I mean rarely you hear billionaires talk about their kids and like anything that they've had to.
Speaker 4: Do well create super creative parents like J and b I obviously, but yeah, I think I thought that was dope to kind of, you know, recognize that as a parent, like she worked at that, she put the work in to get better at that, and you know she had to really, because that's not something that you know, I don't care who your parents are, they can't just give you that ability to go out on stage and perform and be great and and you know, learn something like that, especially as many different dance pieces that she had to learn, like, so that was dope for him to recognize that and kind of see that that the Jay dad moment like oh shit, like she got it, like she actually I actually watched to put this work in to get better at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was also happy to because you know, we lost jay Z to to La like almost a decade ago. I'm so glad he hasn't gotten too progressive over there in Beverly Hills because he was like, yeah, Blue wanted to be on every song. I said, if you think you're dancing to six inch heels at this show.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck off stage. Yeah, as a that's not the song you dance too.
Speaker 3: That's the real dad part, right, Like.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it could be super Hollywood. Now it's progressive. She should be able to do it.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, not not in this household. Yeah, not in this house yet.
Speaker 2: Maul.
Speaker 1: I heard you talking in the lounge earlier that you feel like you have to overpay for great wireless.
Speaker 2: It's like a big thing that you preach all the time.
Speaker 3: But I'm all the time.
Speaker 1: But Maul, you can get off your soapbox because boost Mobile is proving that you don't have to overpay for great wireless Unlock the savings with twenty five dollars a month forever unlimited plan. It's a permanent price with no contracts, no price hikes, no no fine print. When you find out you got to pay all this extra money.
Speaker 4: Stop overpaying and switch to a fair price at boostmobile dot com today based on average annual single line payment of AT and T Verison and T Mobile customers compared to twelve months on the Boostsmobi Unlimited plan as of January twenty twenty six. Full off of details, visit boostmobile dot com.
Speaker 1: Frederick did ask him his relationship with Cole, which I know everyone wanted to know about based off the alleged shot that Cole said of the apparent goat on the falloff. I don't think they're in a good place. Jay Z gave a very very good pr PC jay Z answer if he's very proud of j Cole and everything that he's done, but there's shit behind the scenes like audits and something, but he still has no negative feelings towards him. I don't think we would have really gotten that answer if that was the case. I think he probably feels away with the audit, which is news to me unless you guys had heard that, and I wasn't aware. I thought that was kind of like a bombshell that no one kind of brought up at all, because we don't see them together ever, and I always wondered. I was like, I wonder why they're not as close as you think they would be. We know, Cole got off the label, and I think it's important that every artist learned how to audit their label, because god, you'll find insane.
Speaker 2: Things when you do that.
Speaker 1: But Jay, as a business man, yeah, of course you gave Cole his first opportunity. It did so much for him, which Cole would say as well, But that doesn't make you above an audit this business.
Speaker 2: This business.
Speaker 4: But that's why I think what Jay said his answer, I think that is you know how he ultimately feels because people got to remember it. It's a unique thing to be in business with j because he came in owning the label he came in, but he was also an artist. He had to fight for things, so it's it's a unique thing to have somebody that experienced it like that, who maximized his talent and became the greatest ever at this to be in business with them. They understand the position of the artists very well, especially an artist that's trying to be independent and and have as much control over his business as possible. So I don't I don't think Jay takes that like and looks at that like, Yo, why you ordered in me? Like what you think that I would try to. I think he understands it, like like, this is something that you should do, like you should. You should audit you know, the company you're in business with, like you should audit. You should have to look at everything and make sure everything is I don't think that's a negative thing. I think that became something that people looked at like, oh, what do you mean you don't trust us? It's business, it's it's it's the music industry that we all know is very grimy and very you know, nasty at times. Like So, I think that Jay understands any artists from that perspective because he is that guy. He was in that in that same position at one point. So I don't think that he looks at Cole or feels a way about being audited it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think so, Yo.
Speaker 1: If there was a law firm that did pro bono audits or like financial investigator the fuck that it's actually called.
Speaker 2: If they did that pro bono for.
Speaker 1: Artists, they would make so much fucking life, like the ambulance chaser version of that, because you know a lot of artists, even if you think they're rich, they're not, and auditing a company like Universal Rock Nation Club, like that's us really really really expensive, Like is it worth how much I'm going to have to pay with what they'll find? Like I may end up losing money in this situation. But I do think if there was a firm that was just like knows that artists may not have the liquid capital to do a complete audit to a company like that, we do, I promise you ninety nine point nine percent of the time. If you audit a major label and you've been on there for four to five albums, you're you're finding bread though, like there's no way that you're not. I wish there was a firm that would do that, because I think they would make a shit ton of bread.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It may be weird coming from us, But does that dead the friendship? Because I don't think Jay feels a way about it. I think he thinks it's just business. But once you make that decision to audit me, I don't know if I like it'd be weird if you hit me for a verse on the fall Off. Like remember I was saying, I think Jay is going to be on the fall Off because they've never done a proper record since Mister Nice Watch, and I thought that was personally a bad record, And I don't think that should be the legacy of jay Z and j Cole working together when I've seen what a legacy like Drake has with jay Z with the songs that he has. So I just assume fall Off makes all perfect sense in the world started with Jay, even if I'm not on his label, going to end with Jay on this last album, I thought it made every bit of sense. Now I see why we have not gotten a verse from Jay for Cole for quite some time.
Speaker 3: You think it's the audit, Yeah, nah, man, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know when this audit started that they take some time, But to me, that answers my question.
Speaker 2: In my opinion. Yeah, because I'm not saying they hate each other. But once you do.
Speaker 1: Audit, somebody like I don't know if you guys have the coolest relationship and you may not hate that person.
Speaker 4: I got what you're saying. We're not going to the studio. I do a perfect I get what you're saying that. I get what you're saying. You doing what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: If I was in your position, I probably audit my company too, because that that standard.
Speaker 2: You don't know where certain money went. Shit.
Speaker 1: I don't know where all the money went with my own accounting department because we are a conglomerate.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, we could owe you money.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't go down to accounting every day when you're at that type of level.
Speaker 2: But nah, don't hit me when you're at quad. I'm not coming through.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I understand it's funny, but I understand like what you're saying. It's like, yeah, but I don't know, man, I just don't think just knowing the type of you know person, J is I don't. I don't think he feels a way about that, Like I understand what you're saying. No, we ain't gonna be you know, we ain't about to go get a coffee after this either. I just don't think that it's that much, you know, that type of energy with Jay, Like I'm not fucking with cold. He can't ask me for nothing, or I'm never giving him a verse. I don't know if that's energy is attached to I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well shit, Even from the Cole side, if I was ordering someone again, it's it's you're not auditing Jay Z. You're auditing a huge, huge record and management company. You're not auditling Sean Carter. So I wouldn't feel bad doing it if I had a really close relationship with Jay, But I would also feel weird reaching out to him after I audited him. Okay, Like, even if I'm cold, I don't know if i'd be like broll that could you could look nuts after we're going back, I'm getting updates from my lawyer.
Speaker 2: I'm c seed on certain emails.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if there's been an audit just for sheer appearance, they could add their MIC's muted. Jay's face and Ja Cole's face have had to beg be on the same zoom at one point for legal reasons.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe be weird if I text them yo, I'm working on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 4: Jay and Os had that moment, right, both said some some wild things in that battle. Nah says some things that as a man, if you say to me about me, I probably.
Speaker 3: Won't ever fuck with you again.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay. They went on to work together after that whole thing, right, Yeah, but that's going on.
Speaker 3: So is that more?
Speaker 4: Is what Nah said in the battle versus Jay more disrespectful than cold auditing the company.
Speaker 1: Apple apples and bowling balls? Because why what one? One is a rap battle that that we can get over, because yeah, and one is business. They were egregious things. I'm saying, Wow, that's it's it's different with that as opposed to being currently in like litigation with within audit right now, Like.
Speaker 2: But I'll give you.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about once this whole order thing is over with and yeah maybe, but say one is one is one is business and one is is art and skill and you know part of a battle, Like I get.
Speaker 2: It, I hear you.
Speaker 1: You are correct, Yes, once everything is done, there's a world where like hey it was business, cool got the money that you owed?
Speaker 2: Or yeah I found out there was nothing.
Speaker 4: Own, right, yeah, who text is?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: The winner or the loser of that audit? Because if I win? And but which is fine? If I win, it's because you owe me the fucking money. You shouldn't feel a way, right that I won that way? Of course you have to give up your money and feel a way. But you owed this to me to begin with, so you shouldn't feel a way. But who text is who? What if Cole loses? And there is Jay was perfect with accounting? Yeah, and actually, matter of fact, Cole were looking through you actually owe us money?
Speaker 2: Right? Which is that could exist? That can very well be this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where it could get weird with it as well. Who text is who?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, but that's again. I just was posing the question, don't walk.
Speaker 1: Away with five million dollars of my money and then text me, hey, I have this open sixteen.
Speaker 2: For you as well? Or not?
Speaker 1: Let's do it, because then I'm dissing you about the audit on the fucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah that would be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me let me go at you on this verse like oh yeah, yeah, that that money that I found, Like I think that's dope.
Speaker 3: Why not let's turn it into a moment. Let's have a moment.
Speaker 1: Well, you know how much fun Jay would have with just the audit scheme. You can't audit my influence, you could, like he would just go through everything you can't audit that he's done in his life. I think you can't audit this opportunity. Yeah, you here because of me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I just don't think that he feels any way towards Cole about that. I think he understands it from that perspective, because again, he came in as an owner, as his you know, owned boss, and he understands business from a different perspective than most artists would.
Speaker 2: So we just saw about that with Cameron and j Cole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cam has sent sent out a lawsuit on which we now know, which we could speculate was to get his attention based off, Hey, you you owe me a swap. You said you're doing an interview and now you're doing interviews and I never signed papers and you've been wrapping on my beats, my voices here.
Speaker 4: Like perfect same thing. Business is business. Doesn't mean that we can't be friends, doesn't mean that we can't sit down and do business after this.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean that it's any hard feelings, it's.
Speaker 1: Business, and I understand Cole's perspective on that as well. So the full episode is not out yet. We're recording this right now Wednesday afternoon. I was under the impression of shit was coming out Tuesday night, but that was on Revolt TV for real, like on cable. It comes out tonight. I think at like eight the full one. So we're only going off the two clips that have been run around the internet for the last five days, where Cole did tell Cam like yo.
Speaker 2: I felt a way it was like yo, you suing me, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: But I understand your perspective of hey, it feels like this guy's giving me the run around even though everyone's busy. You said you was gonna do something, You're not gonna do it. Okay, wait what would you like me to do in this situation? So I appreciate cod for looking at things from both sides, because if I was too, I would be like.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, like what do we come on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: But I get it, it's business man.
Speaker 2: How do you think the rest of this this interview is going? Did we get like.
Speaker 1: The the main juicy clips more or less I mean, what what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: When more juice is left?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Pause?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's one that that we did. It's one that we did address already in regards to Cole wanting to reach out to them, and the last time that they spoke and you had mentioned that they had not spoken, you know, sense uh dream Goal Fest. I believe it was, and we reacted to that, and naturally we got smoked.
Speaker 2: Were we accurate and let her.
Speaker 4: Know about Drake and Cole not speaking? Yeah, Drake and Cole spoke once after Dreamville Festa, but not since, not like us.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, I have not spoke at all because I don't know Drake.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know Drake.
Speaker 4: I don't have my so I have sources though I don't know Drake, never met him, don't speak to him. So I don't want people saying Drake told me anything. No, I don't know Drake. I'm just I have sources. They said, you haven't spoken to him since, not like us. I've never spoken to Drake in my life, never had a conversation with him, don't know him. I just know that Drake and j Cole have not spoken since right after Dreamville Fest, right before the whole like Dreamville Fest was April, so right, you know, two weeks maybe a week before, not like us, maybe two weeks before.
Speaker 3: I have not spoken since.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't I don't know what Cole is speaking to in these interviews saying, you know, he's reached out or he's I don't know what he's speaking to. But you know I have very good sources. You have a source at boost Mobile that showed the call. I have a source that boost Mobile that has unlimited and Dad twitches. If j Cole has that, why can't he reach out to him? I mean, he doesn't have to worry about his phone plan. He said he'd be wanting to shoot a text.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what we wants unlimited text get boost Mobile. You can shoot unlimited texts to Drake and Kendred for twenty five dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I just want to make sure sure that was completely clear, because I mean, I don't really care about the Internet. I think it was hilarious that they said Maul's not spoken to Drake's is not like us, and you know whatever, they could all have their fun and.
Speaker 3: Know when I read that, when I was never man.
Speaker 1: But okay, so that just because I wanted to clear that up because I know we had said maybe it was uh before dream Illfest.
Speaker 2: But again, this is all with it. Yeah, it was two years ago.
Speaker 4: I think I misspoke to Tomline, but no Drake and J Cole, I mean I have not This is cementous stamped. I don't give a fuck what J Cole is running around talking about. I know for a fact he has not spoken to Drake since not like us came out right after Dreamville Fest. Yes, the conversation happened after that, there's been no communication.
Speaker 3: There's been no talk. That was two years ago.
Speaker 4: Y'all take with that information with y'all, will I think it's crazy that you haven't spoke to this man in two years. There's been no type of communication.
Speaker 3: And yeah, these my sources were just as your man's that.
Speaker 1: I'm not just doing to defenct like all right, I'm saying you were off by like five days then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but between people's on you know, they you know, you know how this this thing goes. And I don't ever want to misspeak and you know, say the wrong that. I don't want to pump bad dope. That's not who I am. I'm not pumping bad dope. So yes, technically j Cole and Drake have spoken after the apology after Dreamville Fest, yes, but have not spoken since Not Like Us. So that was April seventh. The apology happened May fourth. Not Like Us came out in between April seventh and May fourth. There was a conversation. One conversation maybe maybe one and a half, one of the possible whatever, but post.
Speaker 2: One of us. Sorry, mister Cale, I'll hit you back.
Speaker 3: Post not like this on this side of not like Us.
Speaker 2: No communication.
Speaker 4: So and that was twenty twenty four to ye's their bad Yeah old Testament news all right, but yeah it's before Cole, after Drake.
Speaker 2: What man? No, I no, that was great before co after acronyms. I get them before co after Dreamville Fest. You know it goes ac DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fine with Like the internet is funny how much they kill like this podcast has no credibility.
Speaker 2: They know absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: The same breath they were saying, Maul doesn't even speak to Drake whatsoever, and he's wrong about that, and they believe Cole would never lie to Cameron's face. So we're gonna go with Cole instead of all the same fucking interview. Cole comes out and confirm something y'all have been killing Maul and I about for the last two years as well. We told you that Kendrick was on the original off twice, and we told you that Drake was on the fall Off twice, and they smoked us.
Speaker 2: But then get quiet when Cole says it, and it's like, all right. I mean sometimes they write.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody's a broken clock is right twice a day or something like that.
Speaker 1: Or do you think that the information that we get or maybe we heard the two fucking Kendrick versus that were on the fall Off or verse and a hook.
Speaker 2: I think maybe we heard it. I don't know. I would never say.
Speaker 1: Something with such confidence if I didn't fucking hear it from the source.
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't know Drake. I just have very good sources, It's all I'm saying. Okay, I don't know Drake. I have very good sources.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm fishing for content here, fishing for clicks. But in that clip when Cole said, yeah, it was crazy, he's had the fall off done rendition of it beef happened, had to switch everything up, and it's fucked up because Kendrick was on there twice, so is Drake.
Speaker 2: And I know who leaked it, Like I know who did that.
Speaker 1: I think we were the only podcast that that put that information out there. I could be completely fucking wrong. Norf could have done it. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, Angela Ye could have said it. I don't know. All I know is you, I only saw us.
Speaker 3: But do you think he was saying put it out there, meaning.
Speaker 4: Told the public that they had that they were on the album, or told anyone that they want to, meaning like somebody from and you know his inner circle that he knows let that out the bag, like yo, Drake and Kendrick are on the album. Like you think he's speaking to that or speaking to the fact that we said it publicly because he said somebody leaked it, meaning like is it somebody leaked it to us or that we leaked.
Speaker 1: Into the public. I think, But I think he's saying both. I mean, you can't really have a leak if it doesn't go to the public, and.
Speaker 3: That no, you can have a leak if it doesn't go to the public.
Speaker 4: Either, they can leak at a group chat of five people. That's not a leaker, That's what I'm saying. I mean, But because we said that, when do we say that that was.
Speaker 2: A long time ago?
Speaker 3: Was it a lot? I felt like it was only like a couple of months ago, I.
Speaker 4: Think, I said, But no, that like wait, whoa, whoa, how the fuck did you land on that number?
Speaker 1: Eighty four days ago? But even then, crazy? We spoke about that. We talked about that one around the around the actual beat. We've we've been talking about that for a while. That's not the only clip that I did see that Reddit had had found one of them, but we had talked about it in twenty twenty four round it be like, oh shit, this is gonna get weird because we know that Kendrick is on this ship twice as of right now, but we don't know if that could happen, and that's something we've been said. So yeah, I mean, I'm not proud, like I don't want to be a proud leaker. I just didn't think it was that crazy. You know, then la leaker, I will shout out to the well that once was the l a leak. I wish you guys least the Fat Boys break up there. Yeah, man together, you need that justin you were my guys. I didn't like the Cole said elite, like, all right, why I was fine saying I know you were fine saying. On the other side was because it's not a crazy thing to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to leak something that's not never my energy. I I'm not leaking anything. I just I thought it was honestly, how did people not think that they weren't And.
Speaker 2: We didn't even say it like with full impunity.
Speaker 1: But I mean, yeah, I don't think it was crazy to say, hey, you know Ken's Lamar's on the jack Oh album. It's happened before they you can talk about doing a joint album. I don't think it's crazy that he would plick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't That's why when Cole was like, he sounded like disappointed, like someone like actually leaked.
Speaker 2: The song almost like that's how it felt it. I was just like, right, right, right, I mean cool.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, if you go in the comments, everyone thinks we have no credibility on anything, so it's not like and it's not like you have to take it off now that somebody on a podcast said, Kendrick Lamar is on your album, don't put that shit on us. You didn't put Kendrick on because you haven't spoken to him, right, don't.
Speaker 2: Don't put me in this. He's spoken to Kendree. Okay, fair, I don't.
Speaker 1: Care who's Like I said last time, Bradby is really gay.
Speaker 2: This is all gay. But yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think us saying that affected why Kendrick Lamar or Drake would not be on that album like damn surprises out now, can't put it out.
Speaker 2: Like no, I don't think it works works that way.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, Cole like maybe you know leaked it because there's been people around you that have leaked shit. I remember when Rosenberg siphon all Them leaked that there was a song that Cole was rapping to Nas about how.
Speaker 2: He feels like he let him down.
Speaker 1: And then Cole and Eve went on the internet were like that's so stupid. Why would there's no song like that, Like that's dumb, And then it's the outra like man, people around you say shit, Yeah, it gets to people mm hm, which again is gay.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I but then so what I just feel like I feel like to me one because I did say that if Kendrick was on the fall Off that would be crazy, So you know, maybe I feel like Cole felt that way as well, Like I can't you know, not speak to Drake for two years and then have Kendrick on my album, Like I think that he probably was like, yeah, that will look absolutely insane on my part, which I you know, I was very vocal about that that would look more insane than it already does. But to have him on that album on the fall Off would have been would have been fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also on Friday, Cole will be on Mellow Show Shout out to Cashouts Carmelo on seven PM in Brooklyn that comes out Friday. I'm sorry to recording man. I just love saying all my friends get all these amazing interviews. Like I truly mean that. When I saw Kaz with Cole was like, this is awesome raising with jay Z.
Speaker 4: Not buying, but with Cole, I think yeh, but fuck all that, I gotta give you.
Speaker 3: I gotta get you push back.
Speaker 4: Why you not sleeping in front of the shop so we can get the cold interviews like what you're doing, like why you like you look like you can use a trim you look like you like you get to use a good line, like why you ain't at the shop? Like just just wait for Cold to just pull up and just you know what I mean, just tell Cold, just come holler at us.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We we we fuck with Cold. We just want to let him know face.
Speaker 2: You know, he gotta cold.
Speaker 3: You gotta come get this smoke.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You can sit down with the deska and cam and all that. That's fire. I think that's fire. But Cole got to come get this smoke. He got to come answer some cool. I got questions for Cold. I got questions that none of these other niggas got. I've got questions for Jamaine, light skin, Jamaine, where's minking the rain? I got questions with you. I got questions for light skin Jamaine. Of course I would love for Ja Cole.
Speaker 2: To come on this. Yeah, but you're not sleep at the shop. That would have to be in my well.
Speaker 4: First of all, one, Willias were coming to steal your clippers. I'm not we gotta hold his clippers for ransom. Fuck that colal ain't getting the cut. Fuck that they can't get a line. Bring the microphones to a shot, Yo, Willis, We come with Willis's name.
Speaker 2: Willis.
Speaker 4: Were coming to get your clippers, the bevel, whatever you got on that foot. Were coming to slam all your bebels and take them ships out the shop. We getting this coal interview.
Speaker 1: It would have to be like it'd be way better if it was his idea to come sit with how people perceive are cold haters, which I know for a fact I'm not, and I don't think you are, but people have perceived that maybe we would be cold haters. I love everyone that he's sitting down with. I think that's great fire And if you want to do the full positive press run, I'm never mad at that either. I'm not one of these people that thinks everything with journalism has to be negative and gossiply. But that would be a cool, a cool balance I think for the perception of your press, run to go to people that are they not haters. But there's been a history last two years of having some comments, so I would like that, But I only if like Cole wanted to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm listen, We sitting here just talking because we do a podcast. We just talking shit. I mean, I really, I'm not mad if Cole doesn't want to ship us, you know, that means it's nothing to me.
Speaker 3: I'm not losing sleep over that.
Speaker 4: But no, I think that it would be it would be cool to have a conversation face to face. I've never, you know, had a conversation with Cole like, you know, in depth like that, just like what's ups in passing and shit like that. But I've been vocal about the you know, the whole situation the last two years. I've said some things that Cold probably deemed a little disrespectful and too far. But it's never my intempt to disrespect anybody. Definitely not disrespecting somebody. I don't know that's corny. I'm too old for that. But yeah, I got I got, I got I got things that I would like to say to Cole's face, just so he understands that I'm not a guy that would just talk shit and and and would like I you know, I think that me and Cole, I think Cold would actually benefit from having.
Speaker 3: Him make it like me and his phone and in his ear.
Speaker 1: But there's also a world where Cole doesn't think about or give a single funck about any opinion that's been said on this podcast.
Speaker 2: For sure, he's having a great time with his wife and kids.
Speaker 1: He's doing just fine and would much rather sit down with just fine legendary Carmelo, Anthony Safe, Safe, you.
Speaker 4: White, like, yeah, just come highlight some guys that may have some pushback. Yeah, I don't talk to don't talk to Mellow about the.
Speaker 2: I think Cam. I think Mellow and Caz don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know pushback, but Cam I think is gonna ask some realer questions.
Speaker 4: I would hope so, because Cam is obviously he's a rapper too, and he understands that world more than Carmelo and Kaz would.
Speaker 2: But longest rollout ever for a podcast episode, milk It.
Speaker 4: Cam was about to go to court for that interview. Milk that motherfucker Cam. If I'm you, I roll that shit out another week. You treat that like the Paradise episode. Kick Cam announced it like on Valentine's Yeah fuck that roll that ship out. We're gonna roll list it out. This is the longest rollout you had to fall off. I got the rollout. Yeah, we're gonna roll list it all the way out.
Speaker 1: Do you think they paused it off with because I really thought that it was coming out on Revold TV obviously, but also on YouTube on Tuesday. Do you think the jay z interview had them go, you know what, just let them have the day?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think it's I think it's enough space for both of those to be out at the same time. Yeah, the j interview wasn't that long too. It was it was you know, it was. It was a good interview, Yeah, but it was short. Obviously, the cam And and Cole uh episode will be longer than Jay's gqu episode.
Speaker 1: There was a clip from seven PM in Brooklyn where Cole cleared up uh Lebron walking around with a fall off the vinyl, which just fucked up because once Cole explained it, I was like, oh, yeah, that's that makes all the sense of the world and that's awesome. But if we've you know, Bron's track record, I don't think it's crazy for someone on the internet to see him walking around just with a fall off vinyl and be like this is performative, Yeah, this is this is what are we doing here? That's that's not part of your fit. That definitely feels performative. If you see Bron walking around with a Jake Cole Viney, it's like, all right, though, because you coulda put that in a bag, like you know what I'm saying. You could have put that in something like nobody had to know you had a vinyl on your hand, like and he didn't playing that he game did I'm not sure okay, because it'd be playing. You definitely could have put that in your bag. You're not be like, oh, should have I left this on the seat and you're just walking.
Speaker 2: Into the right.
Speaker 1: But no, I think that's cool that that that Bron met with Coos kids because.
Speaker 4: There he was Lebron fans and he's dope. Man, that's dad ship Man, that's dad. That's the dad's you know they're doing doing something special for the kids. Man, there's nothing wrong with that. But based off Lebron's track record in history, that definitely did. They thought that they caught Lebron another performance of moment like all right, man, the vinyl you walking around with the vinyl A we got you.
Speaker 1: I could see Ron having a vinyl player and all his vinyls like in his locker. But then you realize all the plastic is still on them, like you're not playing.
Speaker 4: Having a vinyl player in the locker room is crazy. It's like, all right, fam, alright, alright, okay, enough is fucking enough, bro, Like we get it.
Speaker 2: Nah, some of these new vinyl players are great, into the great.
Speaker 3: We don't need all of that. We don't need a hit play and we don't need a vinyl player in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Cut it out.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry we dragged this this long with more Cole Drake and be stuff, But honestly, I don't really know what I want us to do when everyone's doing press runs and finally speaking about something we've all been curious about when it came to their point of view.
Speaker 4: And it's a world where you niggas is just making whack music that we don't want.
Speaker 2: To talk about changing the game. Not shut out, yeat, disrespect. I'm not here to dispet you.
Speaker 3: No, he's young. We gotta give him a shot. We gotta see what he does with his moment.
Speaker 2: And shout out to saye low. You know I loves it. You know, Zaye and I have a great relationship.
Speaker 3: Great relationship, the greatest of Greek.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean just quickly, because I'm not here to hate on you. Just music's not for me.
Speaker 1: He did say that he is the only one of his peers, which I don't know what he considers his peers. He said that is pushing music for her, or having a new sound, or trying to add something into the field, which he very well. Maybe right, but that doesn't mean it's good. You could be the only one trying to push the needle. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I like Jesus, but I would never be mad at someone that said, yeah, he's pushing the needle, but I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Like, sometimes that's not as profound as it comes across, even though Zaying's going to make it sound like the most profound thing he's ever heard in his entire life. H Sometimes the needle should just stay.
Speaker 2: Where is that? Because I'm cool? We gotta see man.
Speaker 4: I love all the artists, oh no, for sure, but I've never.
Speaker 1: Heard a good album with that many features. But listen, I'm not he can pick beats. Yeah, I'd like to hear a lot of those artists on a yeat beat.
Speaker 3: I want to like, I'm looking for the next young.
Speaker 4: Artist to like, like I want I want to I want to like one of the new younger artists, Like I want.
Speaker 1: To define young though, like it's Jid young anymore, it's Jid now like in the middle care but like he's surpassed being a freshman more or less. Yeah, yeah, like he's He's what I'm not even saying by age wise though, because him I is such a weird place where it's like a bunch of sixteen year olds and then people that are thirty five that are finally making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Gibbs get his stride fifteen years into his career. How old is he?
Speaker 3: Eat? Is young though?
Speaker 1: Right, he's in his twenties, I would assume. So yeah, like I'm talking about to Sound, everything about him is young. Yeah, it's crowd talking.
Speaker 4: About guys like I want to like somebody like that. I want to find the artist that I really like, like that with like one of the twenty whatever year olds that has a different energy, different vibe, different sound that I'd.
Speaker 3: Just be like, you know what, I like this, I like this kid.
Speaker 1: I like him. I mean there's a lot like again, I think all the rappers that were in on the radar new generation cipher. I think all of them are incredible and do make good music, But are you saying on the level of somebody that would be in the territory, Like all those guys haven't popped yet. I think a few of them are well on their way to it's just going to take a few more years because they're going about it the lyrical route, which takes longer. But I'm with you, I don't have anyone in that space. Like when UZI was a freshman, I was like, Okay, not all this is for me, but I fuck with what he's doing. I see the creativity and he's doing. I fucked with some UZI stuff. I don't know if I feel that way about anyone that would be like a YAT peer. And maybe that's as far as that vibe, yeah, because that is the newer vibe. Like, of course there's plenty of great young lyrical rappers. I'm not one of those people that doesn't think it's perfectly balanced right now. But in that world, I'm with you, I haven't found one where like I shouldn't like this, but this is fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the youngest artist, the youngest rapper, I might like it's probably Kodak. How is the Kodak now thirty five? No, way Kodak is thirty five. No, fuck Kodaks, He's still in his twenties. Okay, yeah, thirty five about to say hell no, nah, But the way Kodak lives, like no, no, he has, he has, he has years, yes, years of experience. Kodak is fifty years yeah, dog years like yeah, yeah Kodak, Now that's old man, right Yeah. But as far as like the twenty something old rappers, like Kodak is probably like my favorite that I could think of that's probably still in their twenties that I'm like, I like this dude, I fuck with him heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably Kodak, because even like the realm of like when twenty one Savage came out, I love twenty.
Speaker 2: One Savage.
Speaker 1: And his era had some shit that I was like, this is too young for me, even though they're my age. I don't know if I've had twenty one in like the last few years, because obviously twenty one is now in the middle of his career. But the way I love twenty one Savage, I haven't loved a new rapper with a different sound that isn't typically like the boombap shit I like in a very very long time. Yeah something, yeah, I mean, listen, the young boy shit. I'm starting to get into a little bit, but I wouldn't consider him young. I think he's I think I'm so late obviously young boy.
Speaker 2: He's been selling out fucking arenas.
Speaker 4: He's another one that I like him and hint to meet him and Kodak of like the guys that I'm like the young twenty something else when I'm like, I fuck with this.
Speaker 1: Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida's sportsbook and boy does mall have his daily dancing boots on for March madness. I know a lot of your brackets may be messed up already. I understand brackets. It's hosted a layup from the red storm. When someone only has two points, may I put you in a weird predicament, But you are not alone.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: You can still call the next big upset and turn your picks around and make them a payday on hard Rock Bet.
Speaker 2: Maul, I've been doing fine. I don't know about the rest of y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm cooked bracket is shot.
Speaker 1: You can still go on hard rock and figure out some other bets for sure. And you know those herd stopping zero on the clock moments now they pay. Hard Rock Bet is giving out twenty five dollars bonus bets throughout the entire tournament. If a team you bet to win or cover hits a buzzer beater, somebody like my guys, queen's get the money. Somebody paid, somebody got a big payday. Absolutely, if you haven't joined hard Rock Bet yet, now is the time, especially during the tournament.
Speaker 3: So don't sit on the bench.
Speaker 4: Download the hard Rock Bet app today and let's get the party started. Pay on bonus bets, not a cash offer off of by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC.
Speaker 3: In all of the states.
Speaker 4: Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one a three three play wise in Indiana, if you was someone you know has a gambling problem, wants helped call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee and Virginia.
Speaker 2: Do you think, uh, you think Libro slipped up? But what do you think?
Speaker 5: Ebro?
Speaker 2: Out of you know you'd un fucked up? Right moment?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: He was, He was on his show. Shout shout out to to Ebro, Rosenbergen and Laura, shout out to Pete he uh, he was. He was discussing a lot of the pushback that that he gets from people in his Drake hate and some of his coal critiquing, and he basically said, why should I give a fuck how they feel they don't pay my bills? And if we're being real, the only one out of the big three that has supported I show and paid my bills was Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: Oh a a he Bro.
Speaker 3: We got him, We got it.
Speaker 2: No, you guys didn't. We got him.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I saw Herody got your ass.
Speaker 2: He said that he.
Speaker 3: Did say pay my bills.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's let let's get the exact And you said pay my bills again.
Speaker 5: All right, that what I'm saying is you end up being something me too, I'm sure, but even you seem more like the captain of it of that you could someone could say that is what happened because you've been critical about Drake before.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying, I was critical about Drake before to be so if you're doing that, you ain't been watching my show.
Speaker 5: Oh so you mean it's different because you're not someone who stayed quiet and was like, ooh, I got a reason. It's like, no, I've been critical about missteps you've had. Here's a giant misstep, and I'm critical again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would hope that he would see.
Speaker 5: The difference that like I don't, there are people who actually wanted Drake to do better in that and hopefully, by the way.
Speaker 6: I like all these guys musically artistically, some I like more than others. I'm really loving what Cole's doing right now. But I don't give a god damn. Like we respond to things on the fly, bro, like it's happening right now.
Speaker 3: You did X y Z, Like what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And Drake's criticism came to how he was acting each time.
Speaker 6: And if we're keeping it a bean, the only person that's supported my show and me is Kendrick Lamar. So like, if we're talking about how we pay our bills, y'all ain't been up here supporting me.
Speaker 2: None of y'all Kendrick has. I don't think anyone was talking about that specifically.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying, like, why would I care how they feel about how I feel you I'm commenting on what you're doing. Wow, I don't give it right right? Well, what's the obligation of I have no obligation.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: And people act as if it's like, yeah, but it's not critical journalism.
Speaker 3: Then he bro No, no, you know that.
Speaker 4: You know that's not what I'm I have ovo algorithm and you guys thought you got him.
Speaker 2: I know what he's trying to say.
Speaker 4: I know Payola. When I hear it, I know Payola. You don't know Payola like I know Payolar. That's the problem, you know, that's what they know. They accuse you of that. They accused me of Payola.
Speaker 1: What I need to see tax returns on you and on Ebro because I had to see if TD is paying that is paying back.
Speaker 2: They accuse me, Peg, I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna audit Maul because I need to see.
Speaker 1: Paol in here because now I found out that there's Ketrick Payola with Hebro and Apple.
Speaker 2: I want my OVO check.
Speaker 4: Hold on, yo, Peg, I'm gonna look your eyes. They accused me of Payola. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm calling Lloyon tonight.
Speaker 1: Does Mal have some separate account that he's he's funneling what's what's the Canadian dollar called whatever?
Speaker 2: Tim Horton Bucky got.
Speaker 1: I know Mal has a separate offshore account with Ovo, and I need to see it because now I know that Hebro's getting paid.
Speaker 3: Man, they think I'm on Payola. That's coreat no Ebro.
Speaker 2: They didn't catch Ebro the way they think they did.
Speaker 1: What he is saying, I don't have an incentive or loyalty to anybody because no one is here to pay my bills.
Speaker 2: I only have a responsibility to those people.
Speaker 1: But you are now kind of admitting that if somebody did that, you'd have an incentive to be nicer to them, which, to Rosenberg point is like, well, that's not journalism. You can't now if someone fucks with you and comes up here. Now you do not criticize them whatsoever. You have to be somewhat objective, and even if you're not a journalist, we should still be somewhat objective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we laughing.
Speaker 3: But him saying that Kendrick is the only one that has supported.
Speaker 4: Him, that's kind of payola as well. Man, wires may not have been sent out. Yeah, it's social paola. It's just like, okay, you know what I mean, Like, all right, he came up here supported you, So that means that now, like that's your man's you rolling you, ain't you know.
Speaker 2: I wish, Oh, I wish.
Speaker 1: I wish the perception of this podcast was not that we were on Ovio's payroll or were some Drake Dick riders, because sometimes facts are facts, hebro. If Drake didn't exist, radio would have died way quicker than it did. Yes, Drake had supported you in ways you have no fucking idea.
Speaker 2: Radio caught another ten year running.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Man, talk about it, Bro, talk about it, talk about it.
Speaker 1: No, Drake has has not well, he has been up high ninety seven. He was up there with Flex and Scipe and he's been up there before. Then there was a back and forth with hot and you know Drake, Drake even dissing Hot on the Madison Square Garden stages, which to me is kind of a form of support to some degree. But nah, you can't work in radio and say Drake's never supported you. It's impossible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that doesn't even make sense. But I understand what you.
Speaker 4: And I know this is more like here's the thing though, he bro Kendrick gets your God that shit man, that's cool too, Like we gotta get to that point where niggas understand you. That's my man, like I that's my guy. I fuck with him on a different level. We have a different relationship. Like I think that that's okay to admit as well, Like I understand you can still be you know, like Jay is like my big brother.
Speaker 2: That's family. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But if Jay says something that I don't agree with, I'm gonna like, nah, I don't agree with that, big bro, Like that was to me. But you know, it's not a disrespect thing. I would just of course I would never dispeb. But it's just like you can agree, you can disagree with people that support you and that you have a different relationship where you have a closer bond and connection with Like that's okay like for people to say that, but you can also still be you know, like, yo, nah, I don't. I disagree with that move. I disagree with what you said there. That's all I mean.
Speaker 1: Let me not be a hypocritic. Jay, if you want to come up here, I agree with everything that you say.
Speaker 4: See you can't see Paola we got him, Pege, we got him, You got him. It was a rock Nation. This this this relationship. I want to see the counting now. I want to see that. I've had no life conversations with with with the Gold parties every year I've had healthy the basements.
Speaker 2: I've never seen you.
Speaker 3: When the Gold Party happens, like what's going.
Speaker 2: What's going on? I saw your brother suited and booted, but I didn't see you. I couldn't even but I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't see you. As what I'm saying, and of course that loser Rock Nation ties with you before, Like I'm just saying, relationship.
Speaker 1: Listen, sometimes behind the scenes there's audist white white white things. James, you got to sell doing now after after the hour, oh man, yeah, no, after what we played with the Jay Electronica budget.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'll ever be friends with you. I didn't even do that. Man, your pee the jail elect Rock Nation, Yo.
Speaker 3: Nah, I got to see that now, I got to see the papers.
Speaker 4: I gotta see the wait first of all, man, nothing changes, Look, Peege, I'm asking for accounting once again.
Speaker 3: I need the account and Rory, I need to see it.
Speaker 2: See. This will never be used in clips on the internet.
Speaker 1: I have always been very forthcoming of my bias with jay Z. I've also been critical of jay Z, but I'm also biased because he's my favorite and yes, at one point we had a working relationship. I've always said that, but like today, I disagree with that. After she said but it's not my fault that I just agree a lot of times with what JAYC does.
Speaker 3: I'll put it.
Speaker 2: It's also not my fault.
Speaker 3: Jay is family.
Speaker 4: I'm never I'm never going to fuck whatever you niggas just talking about on the internet. That's my family. And it ain't even about biased shit. That's family niggas. So fuck y'all. Yeah, I'm letting it be known. Yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Nah. But if we don't get tickets, I'm going to rent what rent you going on? Like, I don't know?
Speaker 4: Blueprint extra and it's extra and it sold out. Rory, Look, you had another shot to get tickets. Jay put extra in in ands out for you, and you still didn't get your tickets.
Speaker 1: If I don't, If I don't get tickets, Mom, I'm coming here and saying Blueprints already.
Speaker 4: But you you said it before, you see you said even before the cots are No.
Speaker 2: If I get tickets, it's the greatest album of all time.
Speaker 3: Okay, But if not.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine overcoming a release on nine to eleven like.
Speaker 3: Never Forget, Never forget, we will never forget?
Speaker 1: Does he bring out Fab just to do his street Dreams album just solidarity? Nah, it's a rough day, not gonna happen. That must have been tough. I mean outside of not eleven. I'll make that clear.
Speaker 2: That must have been the other things that happened that day that made that day rough. No, I think Fab was focused on something else.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that Jam would want to put out both those albums together.
Speaker 3: I mean they didn't anticipate what was about to happen.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, Well.
Speaker 3: Listen, if we're not gonna do if you can't do that.
Speaker 2: If I if I start, no, just don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe because when like record labels were doing those types of things, I only had like money for one CD, whereas like streaming now I can listen to everything if it comes out on the same day. I guess I can see it from the point of view of like, if you're going to CD.
Speaker 2: Store, let's have everything there that we could.
Speaker 1: But for like younger fans, and whether I had the money or my mom was gonna buy me a CD, we weren't going there for a bunch of CDs. You picking Blueprint or fat like you gotta pick it, like that's what shit. Even with Volume three and it was ex I had to do that, Like my mom was like, well pick one. I was like, but I love Party Up.
Speaker 4: I loved getting that type of music back then though, going to Vergin megastore, standing and there listening to the album with the headphones on while the homies just walking around. You're on track six like, nah, this shit hard, I'm about to buy this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was such an experience. Your man's already broke the plastic shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, man, those the day's peage where those the days you.
Speaker 1: Know, we used to take actual exact o knives and cut the ship and take just a discout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that was always to do.
Speaker 3: We don't need to.
Speaker 1: That's why I love CD booklets because a lot of the CDs that I have statute of limitations. I guess I don't think they're going to come in and find me no version of shut down. Okay, yeah, we would. That's why we didn't have a CD. We would just cut the shit and take the disc out. That was the easiest way to get music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, and then everyone burns it. Those are fun days. Three times. Well, yes, ma, mall.
Speaker 1: Will never critique jay Z and he probably will never come up here.
Speaker 2: But they don't know.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get the J interview in front of Yankee Stadium with Jerome Jerome av. They're not ready for that. They're not ready for that.
Speaker 2: It would be fun just to ride to the train back and forth, the whole four up and down. Yeah, yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're getting us J in front of Yankee Stadium and Drake in front of the Sea and Tower.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to the top of the list.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, who else but us can do that?
Speaker 1: Oh we, I mean we definitely. I'm honored for every time we've been on the the media list of being thirteen and the nine and just listen, man, as the days go by, I just see us going lower and lower, like Fraser's got to be Fraser's got to be number two. Oh after one day, shout out to Fraser. He's a great journals. I want to make that very clear. Uh yeah, ne deska out of here, Like we just keep the pegs, just keep getting lower every time everyone gets an a list interview in one week. Because Cam got to be there now too, if he was, if he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Already, I didn't memorize the.
Speaker 1: List, but yeah, for sure, but they should do a lot of sports stuff. That's where I think maybe they wouldn't have been on the list before. But I think anyone that gets to Jacob interview, you're automatically on the top twenty media list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mellow will be up there as you should. Yeah, yeah, as you should.
Speaker 1: With that said, Maul has his dancing shoes on. We are we are still and get busy in ease. We were knee deep in the bracket game right now. Oh man, my bracket is at sixty six point eight percent right now, which isn't great. But with the spreads, I've been doing okay on on hard rock that the spreads have been nicer than me than the winds here. Even I'm sixty six, I've done all right on hard rock. We have like a cool uh like bracket pool as well with some of our Patreon and Discord.
Speaker 2: I'm getting smoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some some are our Discord people are smoking Mall money bag. Mall is currently ranked seventh in our pool of shit. I don't even know how many are here ten. Maybe I'm doing okay at four. But we should have never let Tray into this. That was the stupidest idea I ever had. Someone texts treying at him.
Speaker 3: He got Arizona winning at all.
Speaker 1: I have Arizona winning at all as well. On my bracket, you have Houston winning the entire thing. I mean, I've Houston in my final four. But you can if Houston wins, you can make a run up these charts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's still hope.
Speaker 3: I'm not out. I'm not out of it.
Speaker 2: I'm on.
Speaker 4: It's I need a miracle. But yeah, I've still got some life. I still got some life.
Speaker 2: Left while we are recording this.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, one of the biggest games March twenty seventh that I'm paying attention to. Should I speak from my heart and then also speak from my hard rock heart?
Speaker 3: Both?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think both were important.
Speaker 1: Both are aligned but not aligned to my bracket Duke versus Saint John's. I have Duke beating Saint John's on my bracket. On my bracket, I have Duke beating Saint John's.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, but.
Speaker 1: I will be rooting for Saint John's and I'm betting on Saint John's. Saint John's is getting six and a half right now. I think Duke's gonna win, but I don't think They're gonna win by seven. I think that's gonna be an extremely closed game. I'm definitely taking Saint John's plus six and a half, like for sure. That's kind of like disrespectful, not to say Duke isn't good, but I don't think Duke is six and a half better than the runs Saint Johns's on right now. Yeah, I think that the smart bet with that is cool. Even if Duke wins, they definitely not winning by by seven.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a good game. But I don't know about seven though, so you might be safe.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm going to Saint John's with that for sure, but it conflicts because of my bracket.
Speaker 2: I have Duke one.
Speaker 4: But either way, either way, you might, you might, you might come out victorious.
Speaker 1: I just want Saint John's. I just want to see Saint John's go just play good. I was trying to be logical in my bracket, but logically on the betting side, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Taking that six and a half. I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 1: Yukon versus Michigan State is probably the other one. That's that I've been debating in in my my betting group. Chats Huskies are favorited by one and a half. That's that's the risky bet. Which which side are you taking?
Speaker 3: I think I'm taking you Yukon. I'm taking that.
Speaker 1: But what if they only win by one, because there's a high chance that could happen, especially with this tournament, it's been nothing but buzzer beaters. You're right, there's been a layoffs of someone that didn't play the whole game.
Speaker 3: On the basket.
Speaker 4: That mad Yeah, I like, I like Yukon for for one and a half though, Okay, taking that, I think I might be on your side with that.
Speaker 1: I think Yukon is gonna win, but I think it might only be by one point. I'm still gonna go Yukon. I'm that bet for sure. But anyone that is betting hard rock bet, that's our guys. We've uh, we've been doing okay on on that side. We also have our label bracket. Have you have you take a look to look at them.
Speaker 2: On I didn't look at that yet, but the first round is over, right, first round is over.
Speaker 1: Shout out to to everybody that that did participate in the first round. We can run through this really quick for those that are just tuning in maybe didn't hear. A few episodes ago, we put together a March Madness style bracket with each rap label, and.
Speaker 3: It was mad about some of those some of some of those rankings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely got got some flak.
Speaker 1: But then there was also people dming me that I just don't think they understand how brackets work. They were like, why would you guys ever put death Row against Dreamville? Like that's so unfirm, Like that's how brackets work. The number one seed is gonna go against the worst seed. That's how it works. But we can run through this quickly. First round death row Dreamville not really a surprise. Their death row cleans up QC versus Tommy Boy QC with I didn't know if that one was gonna go the way I thought. I don't know if QC gets the same respect that I have for them, But maybe people are just unfamiliar with Tommy Boy. Yeah, for sure, I was thinking maybe there'd be an upset there.
Speaker 2: There wasn't.
Speaker 1: Rough Riders g and it, man, Fuck y'all. Rough Riders with the clear wind.
Speaker 2: Was an even close. It was a blowout.
Speaker 1: Shady after Matt had a two seed against o Vio after Math Shady wins that.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, was it a blowout? It was Nicki Nicki Minaj versus Roy Woods. Yeah, oh my god. It was a nail bier. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Getting to the lower bracket here, cash money versus Griselda, cash money, rap a lot versus no limit. They went no limit man, Fuck y'all, Okay, I'm not saying no limits not incredible, y'all go through yeah scarface alone?
Speaker 4: Oh man, they don't they don't respect the eldest man. That's the problem. It's the problem with these youngsters. He's youngsters. Everybody loves murder Murder Inc. Versus CMG. That was a tough one for CMG. Bad matchup because I think CMG could have went far in this tournament. But it's tough when you're going against Murder Inc.
Speaker 1: In the first round. But that's a three seed to a sixteed. Sorry, CMG, you should be here next year. Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of freshet, a lot of people in the transfer portal.
Speaker 3: Man, they got some people in the portal. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Glo Glowal is still young. Yeah, she's not ready to go to the lead.
Speaker 3: She'll be back.
Speaker 2: Uh so so deaf.
Speaker 1: Sorry, our intern that was born in uh twenty seventeen put Soso records and they still won against yl.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure who's on that roster, but they still won.
Speaker 2: That's fucked tough thing. If I'm why, I sell, I'm mad that so So beat me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Loud Records verus DTP kind of knew where that one was gonna go. Swish the House versus cold chilling Swish House. Y'all are fucking absolutely insane, cold Chilling could have made it to the final four.
Speaker 2: Good Music versus ruthless Good Music one.
Speaker 1: I guess I get it, bad Boy verse hypnotized Mind bad Boy obviously there, td E versus rough House tde Uptown Records versus MMG. I thought y'all were gonna go MMG on this. I really I hell no, no, I don't think we in this room. I did think people might pick MMG over that raucous verse. Grand Hustle, Grand Hustle wins I Grand Hustle be raucous, that that might be the biggest upset. Oh, that's the bracketbuster. That's got a bracketbuster. That was a bracketbuster. That's Davidson. That's like Iggy is is Steph Curry? Like how did how did Davidson get there? Is Steph? Who did Jamia Nelson and uh Lebron's Moms ex play for again? Saint Bonaventure, Saint Joe, Saint Joe's Bonovich No, Sat Bonnie's has done some damage in bracket busting before. Yeah, Joe's that's all right. Grand Hustle is definitely Saint Joe's this because that's nuts. Rockefeller verse ten seventeen. I mean, yeah, that where that goes. So we don't have to go through the next matchups with every single one, but let's let's pick a few where we want to make some predictions. Rough Riders versus Aftermath is a two and three seed.
Speaker 3: That's the next matchup, Rough Aftermath.
Speaker 1: I'm still going after Math when you have the run of Eminem and you have the run of fifty cent alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah that pains me, but yeah, gotta go after Math there.
Speaker 1: You know what where you could make an argument which would be a good of like getting one and a half points, It would be the third person on the roster that would really define that because all right, X had an insane run, not to Eminem's just off sheer longevity, but X had a crazy run that could you could debate against fifties with his first three albums versus X's first three albums, Like you.
Speaker 2: Could make a case.
Speaker 1: Do you put Eve against Obi Trice at that point? Because now I'm starting to lean more on Rough Riders if you get deeper into the bench, because the locks only add we are the Streets, which to me is a classic, but it wasn't their money power respect where they had insane hit records, but they had rotted divage on there got the locks. Once you go down the bench, rough Riders may beat Aftermath, Yes, carry the whole squad. Yeah, like when once you get to Bizarre, I think Eve is clearing up Bizarre for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure, for sure that matchup, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I had Aftermath that as a two seed myself. I think rough Riders could could upset them.
Speaker 4: That could be close. Yeah, that's gonna be a close. That might be the closest matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cash money no limit.
Speaker 1: I mean we saw that verses already, but that did not include Wayne Nikki and uh Drake.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I just don't think. Yeah, we ain't got to.
Speaker 1: Do anyone in this side of the I'm sorry guys that you had to even go against cash Money. Yeah, So So Deaf Murder inc M. I don't know where I land on that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going so so Deaf.
Speaker 1: It had a much longer run. Yeah, yeah, I think I would probably have to land on So so Deaf.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: I love Charlie Baltimore. But again, once you get down the bench and then your starters get tired. Sorry, make some stuff yeah, it get different. I don't know it get different, but yeah, you can now vote for the next round. Shout out to everyone that did participate in this, and I love all the messages and debates of how stupid you think we are with where these rankings are.
Speaker 2: But it's it's in y'all hands now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, if they take Grand Hustle, like, what was the dude that did the game stop insider trading thing? Yeah, roaring, If y'all roaring kitty Grand Hustle to the to the final four, I'm won't be so fucking masch.
Speaker 4: Who's the Who's grehand Hustle? Next matchup against Rockefeller? Hell nah?
Speaker 1: But you have to understand the power is in the people's hands. That's why GameStop they were able to change the stock. We can't beat Wall Street and be like, now we gotta change the rules again, do it?
Speaker 2: People? The people get behind Grand Hustle.
Speaker 4: People are stupid. They ain't that stupid? People stupid? Now, I'm with you on that, they ain't that stupid. Rockefeller to the finals.
Speaker 1: Now, they I think they might champion around Great Hustle to make a point, because then they show that we have the power Rockefeller wins this round, it would be against Uptown or TD.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Rockefeller walking, they walking walking, they walk into the finals.
Speaker 1: Between Uptown and TD. That's that's a tough matchup. I think TD might slightly beat them, but again that's that that could go either way with me, and I wouldn't think it was crazy. I don't know if Rockefellers just walking through TD or Uptime Records just walking walking walk Kanye West dog Kanye west Man talking about how do we talk about Kanye.
Speaker 3: He talking about right now? It's a dog walk, bro, all right?
Speaker 2: Isaiah Shavers, Emil.
Speaker 1: Don't see take you take your pick, take your pick man.
Speaker 3: Man, don't do that doing that rock and filler to the final four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so as well. But it has been fun so far, and I love seeing who who people are voting for. It's been a really cool Patreon discord type thing.
Speaker 2: You're paying attention to our socials.
Speaker 1: The links are there and you can vote and again shout out to everyone that has been voting, and shout out to hard Rock. Maybe one day we can convince hard Rock to add this to their you know, their dashboard, the label, and we could start really betting on label labels, label ship.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I think this brag has done a lot of good for artists as well. M M G got knocked out of the first round, and now Meek is doing AI, found.
Speaker 2: A new path. What do you mean he's doing AI. He's doing it.
Speaker 3: He's like, yo, I got a I know, like he's using AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah for what.
Speaker 1: I mean, things that I actually think are great, But they're gonna clown Meek because it's like everybody got chat GVT uh you said, like what he says like recover all business controls, tracking royalties, locating money, finding red flags, planning, organizing years of information, creating a family office structure, business navigation. I've been waiting my whole life for tools like this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I love to laugh at meek sweets, but I feel I would just love to see, like, what do you think the Meek and chat Get conversation, Like I want to sneak peak add me to the group chat.
Speaker 2: I mean, I gotta see what they be saying a Meek and what he'd be saying back Listen.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that Meek is trying to jump into the tech space and do things on the business side that's We love that, but can we keep it on brand and let Meek actually tweet like we know Meek didn't tweet that. There's no grammatical errors, there's no runofs like come on, don't let me.
Speaker 2: Basically the spacing that he usually has.
Speaker 4: Come on bro like keep on brand, but don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's obvious that while he was talking to AI about these things, he said, Hey, can you formard tweet for me about what we're doing together?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even that's not an AI.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think AI told him all those words. He just put dots in between them.
Speaker 4: Nah, that's somebody got meek phone, they got his account, they got his Twitter account.
Speaker 3: They're trying to clean up. They're trying to clean up meets tweets like, don't do.
Speaker 4: That now, they're trying to do it. That's what I'm saying. Let meet two years later. Let me get his ship off, man, that's what that's the that's the magic in it. Let me tweet his own ship, that's the magic. And meets tweets man, listen man.
Speaker 1: He said, Uh, he truly believes in this that he can't code, but he knows how to create things that last forever. Empower the creation to the masses. I do that with RAP all the time. If I could deliver a new software to my supporters or the masses, is insane.
Speaker 2: I used to pray for times like this. See you see that's come on man.
Speaker 1: Or whatever one he's trying to promote right now, Claudia or whatever the fuck is called Claude Claude Claudia Ortiz. Like, yeah, one of those those AI programs.
Speaker 4: Keep the meet tweets going, Man, let Meek tweet free meet tweets.
Speaker 1: Why Meek doesn't have a coffee table book of his Like, that's something I would buy for like three hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: That would buy that mets greatest tweets.
Speaker 1: What that coffee table book? You put that in the office, Like you just gave him that. Listen, man, we could used AI to figure out how to monetize it and like where to find the coffee table books?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that's us, that's me and Meek. I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 1: How am I already h why I'm a silent investor, But how am I already bringing more to the table with making more than.
Speaker 4: You I forgot?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, pter just saying that there was somebody that created AI music and an AI artist and bodied it with AI and made you know, like millions of dollars, which I mean we already knew.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 3: And much time did they.
Speaker 2: Give that gentleman.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's fucked, Yeah, you know he's I mean back to the roaring kiddy shit, Like, somebody found a loophole to disrupt the system of the people that create the system. So while it's fair like these rules were never here before, why would I be punished were something that is never regulated just because you were too stupid to realize that we had the power to do this, But now you have the ability to change it and no one can do it, and now i'm you know, I owe you ten point eight million.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: It was something fucking crazy and it was like, wait, this wasn't the rules. Why would I owe you the shit back? Same with the rowing Kitty thing with GameStop, Like, y'all are mad that we found a loophole in y'all rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just not willing to play with my freedom for a LOOPHOLEO that was never that guy. We know the loopholes did, but is it worth worth the ristle.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if you still got that money, though, if you give it back to them, you good.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: If I'm making ten point eight million with the ars, I'm going nuts. You won't know I'm spending a lot of that, don't. I didn't hold you today, Taylor, who see my numbers over here. But that's when you get a little too greedy, man, Like sometimes not ninety two bricks is too much.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have to fall back.
Speaker 1: Just chill, Like if you're making if you quietly making one hundred thousand of mailbox money because you found out how to just quietly, don't go for the gusto. Like, clearly, if somebody is making you p eight off streaming music, someone's gonna notice that.
Speaker 2: Of like, wait, sweet, they tailor this made it hot. You made it hot.
Speaker 1: Because there was plenty of people that were doing this with botting forums before. And yeah, it's kind of nuts that it took them this long to do it, but I do feel them, like you have to regulate of course that AI. Shoot, I'm happy for that trailblazer, but now let's fix that. Yeah, because that that it fucks with the market for artists that are put music out now exactly so, but I mean salute.
Speaker 2: Maybe you found a way. Yeah, definitely a way.
Speaker 4: Now enjoy that all that last sell on tier three, that's where you'll be at.
Speaker 2: Getting in the day room, trying to explain why you're here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ran it up all right.
Speaker 1: To somebody that's been in jail for twenty years that has no idea what Spotify.
Speaker 4: They don't know what what AI is. They like, I haven't seen it still playing.
Speaker 1: Do they allow like Spotify and stuff on on the prison tablets?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think you get music on the tablets? Yeah, I think so. That would scare me.
Speaker 1: Don't don't let like certain inmates get drill music, be fucking riots every day playing that. Are you gonna bet on the Seattle and Las Vegas NBA teams?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, okay, Seattle needs a team though, for sure they do. Yeah, they definitely need Vegas. That's a whole other conversation. Can only imagine what that team is gonna look like.
Speaker 1: I give it, I give it fifteen years. All the teams that are either going to Vegas or they're going to start in Vegas are going to be the conglomerate. There'll be the new Celtics Laker like the they're going to make sure all the Vegas teams are the best.
Speaker 3: There's no taxes living in uh Nevada or yeah, well there's.
Speaker 2: I mean there's some taxes, just not.
Speaker 3: As well, not.
Speaker 2: Like not like California, right, But yeah.
Speaker 1: I can see Vegas becoming just because it's everyone's investing obviously in gambling and everything. Yeah, it's why don't we make all the sports teams here? Yeah? Are you gonna go to fifty cents a planet Hollywood where you can dine with the celebs?
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't think so. I don't think I'll be pulling up today.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to give you updates on the news, that's that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a planet like the old planet Hollywood.
Speaker 1: They put that as like the the Avvy for the article, but they're yeah, like fifty cents opening some ship for regular people. They just planning all but they didn't put that in the article. They just had the photo of planet Hollywood. Yeah, apparently, you know, regular people will be able to be in the same place where they're going to pay the libs to just hang out.
Speaker 2: More or less. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. If I want to be a part of that sounds like a circus.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think we'll be high on any list of like demand, but I would take a check to just stand in Times Square planning Hollywood and be like.
Speaker 3: Yo, what's up? You can get you ready to sell you?
Speaker 1: So I have a daughter that's in daycare of five days a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, so fifty I'm available to be sold. Soul for sale. Soul for sale? All right, everything is for sale.
Speaker 4: Well, just have been a great conversation. Hopefully we won't be a band from Yankee Stadium. Yeah, I think we're fine.
Speaker 1: And for everyone that stays this long into the episodes, please wish DeMar's a happy birthday today.
Speaker 2: Just sir.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, baby Dy, Happy birthday baby.
Speaker 1: The baby D turns twenty seven today, so BABYD good for a happy birthday. Do you have your your like birthday text message ready for midnight for Damaris?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah I do.
Speaker 4: It starts something like happy birthday, continued health and blessings. If your ass is not back in the studio on Monday, you no longer work here, something like that.
Speaker 3: I'm just spitballing right now. I'm just spit a week off.
Speaker 1: The timing was so perfect with the fucking flights and spitballing.
Speaker 2: I'm just spitballing because it was cool.
Speaker 1: We want to get your birthday off. I'm never, never mad at that. But then somehow you finagled the whole week off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all good. A lot of weeks off of them.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact everyone in this room has worked on their birthday and this fucking podcast.
Speaker 2: Man, man, just because we put a balloon in the office doesn't make our birthdays better. Like what the fuck? It's all right though, we got something for you.
Speaker 1: And that's that's why men and women are so much different. Like what Peas worked on his Birthdaymarus was like, well, let's go get him a cake. I'm like, he's working on his birthday. Like a cake is not going to.
Speaker 4: Pease the men don't want to see a fucking cake on their birthdays. You don't want to change out of here anything.
Speaker 1: If you get a balloon that says happy birth like, that's not going to change a man working on his birthday's day at all.
Speaker 2: It's actually gonna remind him. Why the fuck am I hearing.
Speaker 4: My brain exactly more depression, So who's want to give us depression calories and high blood pressure with cake and shit like, get.
Speaker 2: The fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: But happy birthday, baby D.
Speaker 4: Hopefully she's somewhere having fun to join herself, and hopefully she'll have a job next week. Did she make it? Back stated, I don't even know if she's in New York. Don't know where Demaris is. I know, I don't know where Demarus is. I haven't heard from her. She flew out of LaGuardia this morning. How'd she get to Little Guardian? Yeah? Who knows? Who knows? Man, who knows? Who fucking knows? But wherever she is, hopefully, baby D, you're safe and enjoy yourself. Yes, and everybody else that's listening, Hopefully you are safe somewhere enjoying yourself until next time.
Speaker 2: See you Saturday.
Speaker 3: Be safe, be blessed. I'm that nigga, he's just ginger peace.
Speaker 2: No Willian now