Speaker 1: Every day up, click your ass up the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: You know I'm finished for y'all.
Speaker 3: Done morning, everybody in Steve J M G just Hilari and Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club, long the rules and here as well. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed you got Belly Gang Cushington. Welcome.
Speaker 2: Brother. How you feeling man? Bliss brother Club?
Speaker 1: Where your name come from? Brother man?
Speaker 2: But when I was doing the wrong thing, I don't like when people like make their own names, you know what I'm saying. They was just like the boy got cuss by the time Christie. Then like I started getting fat, so they were calling me belly Gang. Start rapping. I currently thinking now just put it together.
Speaker 1: Belly Gang Cushion too.
Speaker 3: And you're from Atlanta. How did you get into music since you were doing the Cushington thing?
Speaker 1: What made you say?
Speaker 3: You know what, let me put this to the side and take music series and start rapping.
Speaker 2: Take music seer kitchen Casey. I had a son, he autistic, Like I got to beat off for my son, you know what I'm saying. My mama left me. My dad ain't really name, so like I got to beat up on him.
Speaker 3: Did I'll make you take it serious and let me take the serious get out of the streets because I can't get locked up, Yes, sir. And when did it finally connect to you? When did you know that this was the thing that was gonna make you where you needed to be to take care of yourself. When was it real for you?
Speaker 2: I met my members of Monday, like he understood how to make the dots connected my head.
Speaker 3: His name is Monday, not that he met him on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he understood how to make the dots connected my head. Like, bro, you know, you can pay your rent out there, like you ain't got to worry about getting rich, like just worry about not having to work, you know what I'm saying, or get money like that. So that when I knew like okay, you know what I'm saying, he tapped my stream all.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, okay, No, were you scared at first because it was like you're going from something that you knew, you knew how to make money off.
Speaker 2: The you know, it's a different from like you ja a dirty nigga run around with a gun, you know what I mean? I actually was like raising a family out there actually like about houses and all that, you know what I'm saying. So it were real hard, like that was a harder thing I had to do, like lead the street.
Speaker 5: I wonder what I hear people say that? What was what was so hard about it? Because you know the end result, right, the result is jail or death? So what was so hard about it?
Speaker 2: Things really like yetta think, bro, you wake up no' miss some twenty THI dollar play right now? Like that's going through your head no matter what you do, like a headache, Like I'm waking up every day like that's a twenty jail past or thirty forty very hard.
Speaker 4: You've always felt like that was worth the worry of going to jail or time or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it was bad though when like I was getting locked up and it was just regular like I ain't even care it would come with it, like you know what I'm saying. You know they're getting bad, Like yeah.
Speaker 1: So who made you believe that you could actually turn this into.
Speaker 2: A whole career real for real, for real one day? Okay?
Speaker 5: Because one thing was somebody to tell you, but to actually instill that confidence in you, like you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? I always had the confident cocker tell like I could rap like I knew, like when I get around my peers who rapped like they ain't really it ain't really like coming across like man I would.
Speaker 6: So that it was trash basically saying, nah.
Speaker 2: It jailed like people were reacting to me more. You know what I'm saying. So I knew like man, I might go crazy if I take here, you know what I'm saying. But I couldn't get the business right, like I ain't understand like marketing or nothing like that. You know what I'm saying. I just knew like drop a song, it didn't blow up all right, you know what I'm say.
Speaker 1: You remember the first time you wrote something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a studio on Cometon. My buddy who jed past actually had wrote me someday. I kep telling him like writing something. He like, Bro, like you got walk, you got to talk, bro, just put it down on wats You know what I'm saying. I think I wrote a song like true Legion or something like that.
Speaker 5: Your music does feel rooted in real life hustle, So I'll be wondering, like what part of your story do you feel People still don't fully understand.
Speaker 2: Man, Really, I paint the pictures so good, like they really understand. Like I got so many different type of supporters, like someone be rocking with the deep stuff, someone be rocking with the like your friend.
Speaker 1: That's my ship because to catch you, I like the old sort that ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, plopping his ass, bouncing mother, What do you what was we talking about?
Speaker 3: You know, would be your mix?
Speaker 1: Your mix being mixed?
Speaker 3: It was it difficult for you because people like, no, we're not with him, he's too he looks white, or he looks like skinn or he looks just with that for sure.
Speaker 2: But I understand marketing like saying like I knew the shock value with that. So it's just like okay, cool, go crazy. I ain't even answer you know what I'm saying because just like in real life, like this the internet, bro, this ain't real. I don't been in the cell block. I don't been in other peoplehood across the country, trapping like, I ain't answering. It ain't no pulling up on me. So I ain't gonna get on the internet explain myself figure it out.
Speaker 1: Do you ever think he was like you?
Speaker 2: Did I ever think I'm like skinned, nah, I'm mixed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he said I was like, what.
Speaker 7: Cause you mixed?
Speaker 8: Like to I saw you say when you sat down with Big Bank and a Big Facts podcast that when you were younger, you felt like or it was like you were too black for the white kids, too white for the black kids.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I definitely felt like that, like you know what I'm saying, but like I only were raised by my black side, so I definitely like it was definitely weird with the white kids, you know what I'm saying, because like some folk looking at me like what you're doing, like you know what I'm saying. But the black folks that were like like in my area, like they knew you know what I'm saying. So I was used to that, Like I was spoiled with that. Like when I go to other hoods and stuff like that, play football, like they used to be like white, Well, you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying, And did it bother you then like younger coming up, it.
Speaker 2: Kind of probably did, but I think everybody got something different about their ball.
Speaker 5: When you were telling Push by the Ton, like did you ever be on the phone with somebody and they like then you pull up there like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah you talk Okay, yeah that's crazy. Yeah that had that happened a lot of time.
Speaker 7: How you can't do that? Like what do you do to show them? Like, yo, I'm not undercovered like they start talking.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you know word when I get around in the field, so you know what I'm saying. People like starting on as a you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You said you understood the shock value.
Speaker 8: I know people didn't understan They didn't know your race at first, so when they would hear you say the N word, there was a lot of backlash for that.
Speaker 7: And that's what you're talking about. You say you understod the shock, but you kind of like didn't respond but leaned into that.
Speaker 2: I mean the thing like I ain't looking at it like that like Drake meets he said, you know what I'm saying. So it's just like that just what it is, Like I ain't really killer explained or kill her like do too much. Like I mean, it's just me.
Speaker 1: I always think you should just say half of it when you.
Speaker 2: Like nig crazy. I don't even really like just sit back and be like I'm finished say this word like it's just my lingo like when I be rapping, like I be talking.
Speaker 6: Like this's just what it is, Like you even talking like that almost your whole life.
Speaker 2: So it's like my whole life. My daddy called me that.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, I notice is you and I know this is who you are because like I know people that are that have known you for a while, Like, now that's really really who he is. But do you ever feel like, you know, when you say you were raised by your black side, you leaning into stereotypes?
Speaker 2: Am I leaning into a black stereotype? Well? Now I'm just being me, you know what I'm saying, being authentic me.
Speaker 5: What would you say to the people who say that though, like they were like, okay, he says he's raised by his black side, so he wears the jewelry and he got the tax and you know he talks a certain way in.
Speaker 2: My culture, like it's my culture. I don't even talk a certain way. They're just how it come up. It's my culture, you know what I'm saying, you know, dominating his culture for real? We being honest before this full rap, you know what I'm saying, touching out a pretty female getting all the money you know what I'm saying getting back to the community, you know what I'm saying. So I don't really you know what, I don't say none of them. I just get the money and keep moving.
Speaker 8: Real what about to the people who would have would take issue with hearing I leaned into that like shock value of people thinking I'm white and I'm saying the N word because that's such a like sacred conversation for some people.
Speaker 2: NA I ain't lean into it. I just didn't answer it. Just like just like the girl in my intro on the AM, like, please tell us what you on ohe you no insformation like or you you're a person on the internet just typing m You.
Speaker 1: Said you had to like, you know, learn I guess the business of music.
Speaker 5: What lessons did you have to learn the hard way about like ownership and leverage?
Speaker 2: I ain't really I'm kind of blessed with a good lawyer early because he liked my music, and then like just being a hustler period, like I'm a tiltoe for I just jump into anything. I do nothing you know what I'm saying until I figure it out. So I ain't really been through that yet. I sure I am gonna go through that, but like I ain't been through nothing that I feel like, damn, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, maybe being in a distro and then it wasn't really what I thought. It wore that probably like the worst. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: You dependent right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? On with LVR end though, Okay, okay, yeah, yeah that my family, like we're going crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you see yourself staying independent long term?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you opening like some strategic partnerships?
Speaker 2: Mum, I want to be big, but you know, the game the game changing right now. I don't know, you know what I'm saying, might not need that in a minute, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, we going big? Just this though.
Speaker 6: I love that you you actually opened up a Wayne on last Yeah went on to Wayne, Yeah, how was that when you got that call?
Speaker 2: Like what was that? I ain't believe it at all. Who was already doing like five six shows a week? So like I was just like, nah, I ain't ain't calling me what he needed me for like this little Wayne. So I still didn't believe it. And they were having a conversation for like over a month. I ain't believe it. I seen the email like the dates, What time you gotta be here?
Speaker 6: It's crazy, Yeah, Monday, Nigga, you still don't.
Speaker 2: Believe, Nigga, ain't believe you.
Speaker 1: Y'all got to call you believe.
Speaker 2: Damn. I thought it was just probably like some age and shit or just like I ain't think like they hit.
Speaker 3: So you said when you when you had your your son, it changed you a lot. And one of your songs in the album, you talk about your son being autistic. You feel like that could be calmer for being in the streets.
Speaker 2: Break that down, man, I really feel that, you know what I'm saying. Really, man, my daddy, like you used to tell me, like you know, you do wrong, they come back on your kids. Like you know what I'm saying. I don't know what there's some folks tell shit or what. But like I think, like you know, waking up here, they doing the wrong thing, like you never know, maybe God wanted to slow me down, sit me down. You know what I'm saying. It definitely did. Though it turned my hustle up legally back then, like had turned my hustle up. But but but I became't like I understood mores and values and you know what I mean, like yo, people different, Like it's crazy because like I grew up different, my son now he growing up different.
Speaker 5: That's interesting though, because the reality is your son ended up being your biggest blessing because you said that, you know, finding out he was autistic ended up being your biggest motivation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, So I can't say that was a wrong thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo. I do know he gonna have not a hard life because because of my situation now. But I do know like all the autistic parents out there, like like they feel the same way I do. Like I see the interviews I talked to him and means and stuff like because he's like damn like my son like there, I really don't never want to leave him, Like I don't know somebody gonna care for you. Hi't like like I do. Like I was locked up with a uh. I was locked up one time, and like it was a guy, like he was just locked and like I could tell he was slick, like you know what I'm saying a little different, So like I'm like it ain't wrong with him, like and we we seen we checked his paperwork and he was enough for Like I think, like burglary or something. But like how he did was like walking on the lady porch and drunk some lemonade and lyft and they locked him up. You know, sometime they hit you with a bigger charge, you know what I'm saying. He had never been locked up before. When I was talking to him, he was just like yeah. I was like, how you don't get no stole like or now He was just like nah. Like he ended up telling me he get a chick. He lived at a boarding house and then come to find out like he was, it's like bro, Like he was like fifty dang. Yeah, it's like bro, this lady getting his chick probably, you know what I'm saying, Like he and he was locked up on a two hundred dollars bun for burglary.
Speaker 8: Like yeah, yeah, being in the streets and then having your son who is autistic, which takes a lot more patience and like you know what, what did you have to tap into the most to make sure that you were present enough for him physically but mentally, man, it was hard.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie like the crying, you know what I'm saying. He can't talk when he got older. Then what's so crazy? Like he started to talk regular and it just stopped, you know what I'm saying. So, I don't know. I've been seeing a lot of like kids his age going around them years like go through that. So but I I really just had to be like, look, man, did what it is? You know what I'm saying. Like, and then at a certain point I wanted to be there like every day all day, you know what I'm saying, to make sure, like who else gonna do it? My big mama, She's a good MoMA, but like who gonna do the man part? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You would never leave your child to bit sed off with? You know how your situation was.
Speaker 2: For shure Man? Sorry, yeah, for sure, Like for sure I would never leave him because of that.
Speaker 1: You resent your mom?
Speaker 2: I did? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: High k Royal, he can only call if you're gonna sing. You got to sing it again till you be let's out. Yeah, Milk, it's so shy in front of company's crazy.
Speaker 2: You on drugs? No?
Speaker 9: Actually here looking for that? K what you're looking for? I'm geeked up looking for what when you're coming to see us?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Whatever you're ready, that's on you.
Speaker 2: I'm ready now.
Speaker 1: You're dropping. You're dropping a project this year?
Speaker 2: I am, but I'm I got my first headline, so show today.
Speaker 1: So congratulation.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: When you drop whatever you dropping, pull up on us.
Speaker 5: I'm going to drop tomorrow a single first period hear.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on.
Speaker 6: Up, Yeah you got to Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna belly gang the plug. He's still the plug.
Speaker 2: Don't put that on.
Speaker 6: So you you were growing up, right, who did you look to like?
Speaker 1: Who were you?
Speaker 6: Some of your favorite rappers? Who was your inspiration?
Speaker 2: Man? I took it like into the trap store obviously, like rock O, Jesu, t I, Gucci, you know what I'm saying. Then like future you know what I mean? Out of the trap.
Speaker 6: They've been comparison comparing you to Jeezy though you ever met him.
Speaker 2: Nah. I think I think they doing that just because I was dicas and talk about selling bricks like I don't even sound like Jesus nothing like because I put the diggers on and talk draw talk. That's why I think they see the movement. I go out of hundred deep stuff like that, Yeah so cool?
Speaker 1: Are you so cool?
Speaker 2: Or the song from the song but it cras like the first day we met, we just clicked like somehow, like we've been to each other for twenty years.
Speaker 6: But oh yeah, she's from Atlanta to Yeah, so it.
Speaker 2: Crazed, like you right up the street from my hood. I ain't even no.
Speaker 1: I seen you killing Mike co signed you too. Yeah, yeah, what did that mean for you?
Speaker 2: That was big because it was so early on, probably had like ten thousand followers. He's on Curator Cuz like you had heard me, I had wrote a song Lord propelled me. I wrote that, so like he heard, he was like might like did he want to get on? And he got on it. He was like, matter of fact, I wanted from my al that was big Like me, I had never did No, I had no accolades in rap at the time. Just how somebody walking past the studio hearing my song, Like, so that's all big.
Speaker 1: What if you learned from Mike, you know, Mike always dropping some jewel.
Speaker 2: Man how to win a Grammy. No, just that, just that you know, he ain't gotta be all about gangster you know what I'm saying. You could take a look at politics, you know what I mean. You could take a look at what's really going on to speak on that too.
Speaker 5: That's a good segue because what version of yourself did you have to in order to grow into the to the artist you are now?
Speaker 2: Probably the hot head, you know what I'm saying, Like just reacting off as soon as I feel. So when I first came in the game, it was like, yeah, this shit go with anything I do. And I realize, like, you cannot bring that over here, Tod, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, kid, that hot head. Damn.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at your stats and I see, all right, So seventy eight percent you got your fan based black.
Speaker 6: Five percent of y'all is Hispanic and black Asian.
Speaker 4: Fully got eight point four Asian and then eight point four white people.
Speaker 3: You got some ages up the people just brow Mexicans.
Speaker 2: Mexicans on there, shut up.
Speaker 6: Yeah Hispanic is yeah, I'm black. Yeah, anyway, did it?
Speaker 2: Shot?
Speaker 9: Do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You got forty five percent females and then fifty four percent male co Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 7: That's that's that's up there.
Speaker 6: Are you shocked to know you got any Asian fans?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You shot for real a little bit. It'd be like closing lines in Japan and stuff. Hearing up Thoughso yeah, they were playing music out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now that you've been in the industry a little bit, what's something about the industry you wish artists talked about more honest.
Speaker 2: Being theirself. What's really going on? I see a lot of folks trying to follow the leader for real, just be yourself, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, we got to push that. You need kids and everything, because like everybody can't be no rapper. Everybody can't be no you know what I'm saying. Somebody might need to be a manager, somebody that might need to be a computer tech guy. Them people cool too.
Speaker 8: How how has it been meeting like, you know, people that you might have looked up to or listened to music, Like I saw you linked U with Drake?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, how has that been?
Speaker 2: That was big? Like they hit me like pull up, pulled up just at the gate, like my flowers, like get your flyer, Like yeah, no, that was big. Though. I don't really want to meet nobody else though, because it ain't always like like when I met Drake's future the like cool, Like you know what I'm saying, they really rock with me, Like he really rocked with me.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, But you must have met somebody that a couple of yeah, from the crip, from the crib, but like out of state.
Speaker 2: Uh out of state? Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Were they not familiar?
Speaker 2: I can feel that like for real like energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, people might get that from you, though only because you come from the streets and you know, you had to move a certain way kind of a survival, right, Like even when you said you used to react that everything.
Speaker 1: That probably saves you a lot of times in the streets.
Speaker 5: Now you're not there, know somebody, somebody might be looking trying to figure out your disposition.
Speaker 2: But you know, no, I think that my fault for like listening to somebody music thinking they was you know what I'm saying, that's fault. Oh I got you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, did that disappointment? I mean you said you don't want to meet anybody? But what else did that disappointment bring for you outside of just not wanting to meet people?
Speaker 7: Like how is it? J Did your experiences as an artist?
Speaker 2: Mmmm? Probably make me become more vulnerable, like more let them see exactly why I know my album real vulnerable, but this Nickson going to be overly vulnerable, like let him know like this all the way meet you know what I'm saying, Yeah, for sure, did.
Speaker 1: You ever struggle with your identity as a as a mixed kid growing up? What you mean just in general? Like did you ever even want to see what the other side was doing? Okay, but did you have a choice.
Speaker 2: I should have had my baby pictures on file? No, I thought I was like a little bow, a little Romeo or.
Speaker 4: Early on, but even but never like Macaulay Culkin or nothing straight home alone.
Speaker 6: Nahna, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, you never even knew your other side of the family.
Speaker 2: I never I met my mama one time. That's crazy. I met her one time. Like that's it.
Speaker 7: I saw you say.
Speaker 8: You were raised with so much like loving just whatever. You didn't even know that there was a difference until you had to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I ain't even know, Like I ain't even missed that mama. Like you know what I'm saying. My cousin raised me, like call her mom, like her mama. I called her mom before she died. Like it's like Grandma Nana cooked chicken every Wednesday for the for the for the congregation, like they come and to preach in the basement, like I gotta help up cook the cheek with a suit on, you know hood, you know what I'm saying. So like I ain't really know, like they grew up ghetto fabulous for real, Like my other grandma, my dad and mama, she stayed up here. Oh I forgot what she stayed at. But like she I went to one O. SI's apart all that about like nine Free AJ put me on stage and everything, the rapper then I was just yeah as a kid, I was like nine years old.
Speaker 3: Need a kid as a proper because you imagine you're trying to pick on them. I'm gonna get my cousin.
Speaker 1: Let's go get your little white cousin.
Speaker 2: Before. Now that's another thing. I got brothers and sister too. Like my big brother he he the worst. So like you know what I'm saying, he would like that for sure.
Speaker 1: When you look at like like a racist white person, what goes to your mind? Like what do you be thinking?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't understand why the days old. You know what I'm saying, I don't understand why they like that any racist person for real, you know what I'm saying. But at least you telling me you racist, and that's what you will, you know what I'm saying on the cover with it, You know what I mean, I think I get I think I think my type of people get it the worst case. Like you know, like I don't have like white people like and black people like older like real older be like you're a mixed breede like that, ain't there's nothing you could do?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, you ever had as you ever have an accounter with a white person that look at.
Speaker 2: You like like you yeah, like you like all that? Yeah, yeah, I mean like growing up like my demean always kind of being like this. So I ain't really never dealt with stuff personally, you know what I'm saying. But I don't. I don't encounter stuff like that for sure. And I'm sure like even in nick game, like you probably got like gate keepers like looking at like man trying to cool though, just work hard and so on to come across the couple on too.
Speaker 1: You never had to coach with you get your homies out of a jam, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what crazy we were looking at my records, you know, every Jill put me in as black. I never told her I don't rope white on them before thinking they're gonna help me.
Speaker 8: When you when you met Drake, the caption was rich mixed kids compos in the back of the area right areas the ship clerks. Yeah, so was that just like a fly caption or were y'all really having conversations about navigating this industry as a mixed kid because he gets a lot of like slack for like going in and out.
Speaker 2: We didn't speak on being met, but like it was too rich miex kids. It was just in the back of not having a conversation.
Speaker 7: I asked, was it just a fly conversation? You just never know?
Speaker 2: No, we weren't talking about meat. We're just to meet kids. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just came through Femi gonna say, tell him doing white voice, a.
Speaker 2: White boy crazy, I'm a suburban kid.
Speaker 1: You didn't use that.
Speaker 5: You didn't use that privilege at least once to help the homies get out of jam Man, because.
Speaker 6: How you had to.
Speaker 2: I ain't no try I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's already out, he's good looking back.
Speaker 2: I'll be getting pulled over now like that. Know who I am and.
Speaker 1: What I wanted to meet with.
Speaker 5: I wanted to meet you and talk to you for a little bit before I said this. But Drew Ski definitely was acting like you yo.
Speaker 1: No, definitely like belly because I wasn't familiar with you when he did the sketch, So it.
Speaker 2: Was just that really like I ain't gonna lie like when he did that though, Like that really skyrocketed for sure. Yeah, so what was the.
Speaker 7: First like, oh, this is skyrocketing?
Speaker 8: Was it a phone call for an opportunity like signal the skyrocketing? I don't know you think it, Like, no, no, I'm saying from Drew Ski, like you said he skyrockets came about that. Yeah, So like did you numbers go up on social media to.
Speaker 2: Be followed just going crazy out like it was on roll who was on the roads? Like why am I follower going crazy? Then like he seen Drew Like oh he did. I ain't even watched the whole skit. I ain't see the end where he went home to the white family and ye, but I know like he definitely seen and at the time, I think that was Drew sky biggest skit he had, Like yeah, that was Drew. School was already he was already following me and everything he had already followed me and everything.
Speaker 1: And studying you just to do a skit.
Speaker 2: So I had put the laughing faces like the comment kind of got a lot of lights and ship. But then I posted a picture on like black as he get or something like that. He DM me like, bro, just won't listen to one thousand per cent one ting about you on my cool.
Speaker 1: Laughing You'll need to do a part too where y'all meet each other.
Speaker 2: He brought me out at the could have been fished, like man went crazy then, like when I went and shut down, like he was making billy cut jokes the whole time, like your drew skin, Like that's a big brand for him to just not even know me and like just really pass all emotional to me, Like y'all for.
Speaker 7: What's the life change of all that has been like for you?
Speaker 8: Because I saw a Billboard article that lists you as one of the top ten songs played in the strip clubs in Atlanta, like number young Thug, Jeezy, Young Nudie, Like you know what I mean? Like what's that life changement? Like big Superstar?
Speaker 2: Now, Mmm, I don't know it kind of feel like I don't know it kind of feel like I guess collect my path life kind of feel like shit, I don't know. Sometimes walk in it in the little ass spot, jump the little cars and just be like, man, it should be going tomorrow, like work hard every day all day. Like in my spot I got when you walk in, I got all my mud shots on the wall should remind me like, don't ever go back there in my house. Yeah.
Speaker 5: What does the Belly Gang movement mean beyond music? Like, what's the philosophy of the belly Gang man?
Speaker 2: No gang or nothing music music?
Speaker 7: What's the deeper meaning of the move movement? Because you get very vulnerable in your.
Speaker 2: Music and you inspire your I mean that name is just a name for real, Like like you know what I'm saying. But my personal movement, I think just showing these kids like morals, values like you ain't got to kill nobody, you know what I'm saying. Get the money, Like let's get the money to have fun. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Girls, either success changed your circle or just exposed it.
Speaker 2: Mmm, it changed it for sure. I've seen something. I think I forgot who said it, but like they were like, I don't think money changed you are changing people around you. You know what? Crazy like my members told me. I used to tell them like right, being had emotional, like being had the money, like nah, that fing gonna change this ship. Like he was totally right. Like the fame making them for crazy crazy, like I'm overly humble Like fame, it changed a lot of folks. It really changed everybody for really be honest, in what way?
Speaker 1: What's it noticeable?
Speaker 2: Just like the girl I had. You know what I'm saying, you know, asking for more money? You know what I'm saying, Yeah, not really caring about my day. And then like you know, it'll be like I can't even have a conversation no more where like man, I'm tired of work, or it's just like anytime they talk to me, it's the sad story first, Like it's just like God, damn, I gotta go talk to somebody who ain't trying to do all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, have you learned to say no?
Speaker 2: Hey? Yeah? Sure? Learn not say none at all? Back? Yeah? Talk because you know what's crazy, Like people are literally not care that you got a child. They'll not kill that that you you you work every day all day. Man, I've been woke. I just went to sleep last night for the first time in two days, I'm finish, be woke for two more. They in like three four different cities, like they don't care. Stop what you're doing and fix my problems. Like, nah, that's all that. That ain't gonna work.
Speaker 5: You do get back a lot though, from what I from what I sure for sure, Yeah yeah I give I give back a lot real actually, but I think like that's needed when I do it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I'm talking about like the personals, Like you know what I'm saying, Nah, w ain't doing that?
Speaker 1: Do you create music music more off emotion or intention?
Speaker 9: Mum?
Speaker 2: I think both? Like friend do? I kind of like sat back and wrote that for six Rid. I was like Rank, thinking like i'ma get it six Rid. But like in my mind, I was just thinking, like girls don't never just go to the club and talk by theyself. She's gonna stand by the box drink. She with her friend. They're gonna work together like like your friends like that. I guess that was more so our emotion. I had just noticed that before I do the song.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: What what's going on?
Speaker 2: That's the merks right there.
Speaker 7: Oh that's the hundred dollars tea, You just those.
Speaker 10: Charlotte Magne was like, so slow man, the white tea, white, open it up and make sure you should have white tea.
Speaker 2: You can't open them though they're gonna be worth you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You're gonna give us y'all. Okay, thank you because hundred for my But you sold out of those teas, right.
Speaker 2: So like first week when we first read of again, sold out again, again, sold out again. Now became like I guess, like novelty idol, but the idea wasn't so crazy.
Speaker 1: I love who idea was it?
Speaker 2: It was you? Ye that man? I got a team we come up with I did, but this our mee.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So are you more focused now and building a brand or like perfecting the art of music or do you see them as inseparable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they in separate. You gotta do both, you know what I'm saying. Right now, folks on music all the way. I think the brand building last year pretty good, you know what I mean? But this year, like folks on music all the way, I keep coming with them here.
Speaker 1: It's been hard to be consistent.
Speaker 2: Uh, It been hard, like find time to record, Yeah, but I'm always in my phone like rain down ideas, ship like that.
Speaker 1: So what's what's been hard at getting in the door or staying consistent?
Speaker 2: Now that you you in the door, getting in the door, Okay, I worked twenty folks out. I don't take off. I don't do if you see me in the strip club because I got booked. Yeah, I don't take off at all.
Speaker 3: So when you are off, you stay in the studio with your son.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming, yeah, I'm with my son studio. I got to find time for the vibe, you know what I'm saying, Like usually just bringing the work.
Speaker 1: Does he like the music?
Speaker 2: My son? I don't know. He don't talk no, no, but you know something like my my cousin, my mom, she sent me a video the other day. She claimed he was hum and friend when it came on the radio, and she clean, he don't really express hisself like at all, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But they feel waves to like they feel the vibe. So I was just wondering, if you head to the music.
Speaker 2: I wrote the whole album though, like with him in the carture me and him in the car, do you miss the girl that you broke up?
Speaker 1: With I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I miss all, I miss I miss all my vibe.
Speaker 1: Could you ever see yourself with a white bibe?
Speaker 2: I like all girls all close. I like all girls all coase.
Speaker 7: You know numbers that that charge fifty women forty.
Speaker 6: I love all the world like a Maigan, a Katie, you know, like one of those ever get you like?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, like Darri I.
Speaker 2: Like I like Kim kardash and Mama.
Speaker 7: Date okay to get past court?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 5: I can't wait to talk to you in the future because you know, the funny thing about talking to guys when they like kind of like fresh out the street, it feels like you're interrogating them a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, like they're getting interrogated, you know, with Jesus.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in a very you gotta talk to my lawyer kind of.
Speaker 7: When you ask them about the movement. Oh my god, he was like no, no, no, And then.
Speaker 1: They pulled out bricks showing me got scared.
Speaker 2: You've seen that.
Speaker 1: I've seen some wild ship. You can't do around long enough. I've seen new artists fresh out the street.
Speaker 7: Crazy, just careless.
Speaker 1: I know it's not him, it's the people that was with him in the back.
Speaker 7: Not Monday. Monday told him to not be careless.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just saw what I thought him putting up the back.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: So so this is my last question. What's next for Belly Gang Cushions? And you spoke about wanting to do big music beyond trap music.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, no, working on second album. I think the second album the most important album in somebody career. You know what I'm saying. That first one you can get lucky, but that second one like show you if you're gonna be pressure, come with depression. So I'm just working on the music right now, you know what I'm saying, turned down shows and all that focused.
Speaker 5: For somebody listening to this right now, Like, what's one song in your catalog that you think best represents who Belly Gang Chris really is?
Speaker 2: Introduction to everything. It's it's show how the fans perceive me. It's so high perceived. It only show high perceived my past life and a new life.
Speaker 3: Let's get into a jo, my friend, do could we played that already? What else would you want to hear?
Speaker 2: That bird like pipe show that was going away? Can't pull up the no Red light in Atlanta without hearing it right now.
Speaker 7: That's a tribute to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on his beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get into that reach out yet for that making the style. You know, she just opened up the Popeye franchises.
Speaker 7: Real in Miami.
Speaker 2: I could not I could actually do that, for sure. We gave we gave how many old turkeys we gave off from Pope when they hit the turkey from Popeye Popeye turkeys and all that.
Speaker 1: Turkeys look a little crazy, look look a little crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: But it ain't. Aven't get one. They're crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that pop up turkey, it is pretty alright seasoning. Yes, yeah, that's what's.
Speaker 3: Up, belly getting cause you're telling me appreciate you for joining us, and don't be a strange to make sure you come back up here.
Speaker 2: For sure. I don't walk past the room like tea time, like I can't wait I get in. But there you have it.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning every day.
Speaker 1: I waiting, click your ass up the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: You don't finished, y'all done