Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to another episode where we're going to talk about another artist getting sick and having to leave mid show.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about blue dot fever a little bit.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about nepotism in art, which I think is where we'll start because it's been a really weird week. We had Stella Lefty on this show on Tuesday, So if you go back, if you're watching on Netflix, go back a couple episodes. If you're listening, same thing. And Stella Lefty is an artist that she's in her young twenties. She has a song called Boston that is a top three Billboard Hot one hundred song right now, meaning all charts, not just country, but all charts. The kind of amazing thing right now about that is you have three country songs through at the top of that all genre chart. You have Taylor with a song from Toy Story five, which is a country song. I knew it, I knew you. That maye me number two, but Ella Langley and then Boston. So we had Stella Lefty on and I thought she was extremely nice, so much fun. We did an hour and fifteen minutes. I haven't told her, Hey, I didn't know what you're gonna be like. And it was one of those where I didn't know the artist at all and hadn't heard much about them, so you just never know.
Speaker 2: And also she's young.
Speaker 1: And a lot of these young artists don't have a lot of life to have lived to have these stories. So I posted the clips and it's great, except for everybody was so hateful about the fact that her dad is a billionaire. Now I'm gonna bring Eddie in here.
Speaker 2: Eddie, good to see. I'm also a billionaire close, so that's why you brought me on.
Speaker 1: I brought you in at your intricate knowledge of being a billionaire. So you know her dad's a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he founded groupon Yes, And I found that out later because yeah, every time I saw a clip of hers, guess what, there was one being like, look, she's the daughter of so and so I'm like, okay, whatever. So I spent a little time with this. And I'm not someone to defend rich people.
Speaker 1: I really dislike rich people generally speaking, which isn't really fair because now I kind of am rich, but I didn't grow up with any money at all, so I always felt resentful towards rich people. But what I'm about to do is actually talk about nepotism in art and what is and what isn't Because just because you have a rich parent, that's not nepotism. Now, there are advantages that you can have to being rich, But there are many artists in Nashville right now that have wildly rich parents that cannot get a hit.
Speaker 2: Correct, you can't buy a hit.
Speaker 1: You can pay great producers, you can pay money to get people in a room, a songwriting room. You can pay for a lot of things. But you can't pay for a hit because that means people have to connect with it.
Speaker 2: You can't pay for people to like people. Correct. Liability, you can't pay for that.
Speaker 1: And so there are two that I think of now, and I think one a little more than the other. But Stella Lefty is not nepotism. Her dad is in business and finance. Is she the daughter of somebody rich, Yeah, absolutely, no doub about our.
Speaker 2: That's a billionaire.
Speaker 1: However, he can have all the connections in the world, but he can't make her pop. He can give her a decent shot to know the right people to get in the right rooms. I mean, look at Taylor's dad. Taylor's dad basically funded her early career in order to get her started. Like Taylor Swift was the daughter of a rich person.
Speaker 2: Was he rich? Yeah? Okay, I didn't realize that. Yeah they had money, Okay, NOI yeah, but but I mean early on, I mean didn't they all move to nationality here? And he still want to support her journey.
Speaker 1: And my point is, you can be rich, you can be poor if you don't have work ethic, you don't have tenacity, you don't have eye the tiger, you don't have creativity, you don't have all that, It's not gonna work for you.
Speaker 2: They are multiple artists. I know.
Speaker 1: Now there are a couple whose parents have hundreds of millions of dollars, even billions of dollars that cannot get a hit. And they have used every connection possible. So I would like to say Stella Lefty's success is not that of nepotism.
Speaker 2: I was surprised you went to Tulane. I'm be honest with them. You thought she'd go to expensive college, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or like a really famous music school, or you know, we had Vanessa Carlton and and she go to Berkeley. I think so man, so many of those good musicians you got to be really good or really richer. Sometimes it's both, because you can only get so good if you have the resources as a kid to get the right lessons with the right person. My only point to start this is people were being way too rude to stell a lefty once. You also can't really change who she was born to.
Speaker 2: Does it make a difference to start a career when you have money, I mean to me, it does give you a kickstart above everyone else. When you can afford to pay for a producer, pay for a record to be made. I would say it's more than that.
Speaker 1: You can afford to have the time to do it, So it's way more than even getting in the right rooms and paying for producers. I would say mostly there's no middle class with artists who moved to Nashville. It's other people that come here poor and they got to work their face off, work in three jobs. But again, they have such an anger and a passion and the love and nothing's going to stop them, and they're waiting tables and they're babysitting and while they're also doing their music. That's the kind of person that chases a creative vocation and the person that has a ton of money because they can just do whatever they want, and they have all the time and resources to have great teachers as a kid, to be able to move here and live somewhere comfortably, to not be able to work, to just do their music, to go and play shows. And because when you're playing shows early on, you're making fifty bucks a night.
Speaker 2: If that and you have another job, a full time job, you don't have to do it.
Speaker 1: If you're rich, you come from money, you don't have to worry about money.
Speaker 2: You can just take a fifty bucks yeah, and play your shows. And I think that's where a lot of the to use your term lower class musician status get a little upset with the NEPO babies. And you're right in this case, she's not a NEPO.
Speaker 1: Baby's a rich dad. It's not a nepo as somebody that's in the industry.
Speaker 2: Or Dan Job Dylan's son NEPO baby.
Speaker 1: And we can talk about I have a whole list of NEPO babies, and I have another NEPO baby that I'm a fan of, and like.
Speaker 2: People try to do this with her too, as is a gratias awesome. I think she's awesome, And I see her on TV right after her dad's movie is being previewed. I'm like, they are dominating the entertainment world together and I love it.
Speaker 1: And also he is was wildly creative, a little bit that Gene's just gonna get passed down to the kid too. I don't want to be sick enough for rich people. This is not something I'm good at, but I felt like the hate towards her was unfair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have people.
Speaker 1: That you could say have used nepotism to their advantage. Number One, Dakota Johnson. Now this isn't all music. Some music somes acting big time.
Speaker 2: Dakota Johnson. She's the kids of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffin. No, yeah, you know you're right? Is that right? I thought she was married to Antonio Benderris. That's not her dad, right, Don Johnson is Yeah, Okay, okay, but those are the Antonio and Don Johnson worked together.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying her parents Dakota Johnson's parents are Don Johnson from Miami Vice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Melanie Griffin okay, and then they weren't together anymore, and than then you got divorced and stuff. Okay. Yeah, like am I thinking of the same person, But okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: There's a movie called rebel Ridge on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought you're gonna say the Fifty Shades of Gray, Like, I know.
Speaker 1: Well, she's in that, but that rebel Ridge has Don Johnson is a bad guy in it.
Speaker 2: It's so good. It is a bad Yeah, he was even Like, I know, he played a cool guy in Miami Vice, but you kind of hated it because he was so cool. I didn't. I didn't watch the show. I was too young. Yeah, I was this eighties. Eighties. Yeah, I mean I was little, but I mean I would watch it and be like, ah, come on, next up Jack Quaid. Okay, do you know who Jack Quaid is? I do. But Jack Quade's a guy that I see on the screen and say, he looks familiar. Oh, he looks like Dennis Quaid.
Speaker 1: So Jack Quaite's from the Boys and Jack Quaid isn't a really great movie I'll watch called Companion.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's amongst other.
Speaker 1: Things, but he is a kid of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan.
Speaker 2: I know they were married. They were and then emm divorce.
Speaker 1: But I think there's a point too where sure, Nepotism can play a part, but it can only get you so far. Like we could watch the screen and go that dude sucks or that dude is awesome.
Speaker 2: I feel like Jack Quaite's a really good actor. He is a good actor, and you know what, you can't I think that like movie producers, aw so wait for them, you know, Like I mean, Dennis Quait's awesome. Meg Ryan was a huge star. Their kid has to be have some talent, so I'm sure they look out for him. Like, are they gonna pursue acting, because I'd like to see what they're all about.
Speaker 1: No, I think they go, I know their mom and dad, I'm gonna give them a shot.
Speaker 2: In an audition.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's where the nepotism gets annoying. It's because people are getting advantages because of the relationships of their parents within the industry that other people don't get.
Speaker 2: Because they don't know them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's relationships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because nepotism isn't always about money. It just so happens. A lot of rich people are famous or rich connections. Yeah, but it's connections. Yeah. Next up Maya Hawk. Yeah that's Ethan Hawk and Uma Thurman's kid next day and she's she's a really good actress. Lily Collins, Yeah she is.
Speaker 1: She she's Peari right, she's Emily and Paris is she? I think all the Clins is Emily in Paris, right, yes?
Speaker 2: And I have no idea she is. So I was gonna make a joke that it's Terry Collins and was he a quarterback for the Giants?
Speaker 1: Who is the Kerry the Giants?
Speaker 2: But I don't know who she is? Who is she?
Speaker 1: So massive show? It's Emily and Paris, But originally it was supposed to be called Emily and Peerie and rhyme. But we are super.
Speaker 2: American, we are we ruined.
Speaker 1: That she's the daughter of Phil Collins. Oh okay, okay, but she's wildly famous. I think we've just aged out of that age celebrity being cool to us. And also we don't watch Emily and Paris. Kate Hudson, Yeah that is.
Speaker 2: That's what's her name, Goldiehan. I'm gonna help you well, Goldie Han. But I don't know who her dad is. I don't know. It doesn't matter, you know, to have you both, Yeah, but sometimes like when it's both, it's like power NEPO.
Speaker 1: So Kate Hudson great, Yeah, but also had advantages connections.
Speaker 2: Sure, but she kind of proved herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's annoying is they have a chance to prove themselves. They grow up around people that can make them better because they're around elite the whole time and they have the connections.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Zoe Kravitz, Yeah, that's Lenny Kravitz. And I don't know. I don't know her mom.
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Was she? And you got it? Hang? Get a TV show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a great TV show that has been tragically canceled. And the show was great, Oh, one of the finer sitcoms.
Speaker 2: Of all times. Somebody ruined the show. Somebody ruined the show. We'd probably still be watching it today. It'd be on reruns like crazy. That's the Cosmy Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lisa bone Wow, Okay, So Zoe Kravitz mom is Lisa Bonet.
Speaker 2: Her dad's Lenny Kravitz. She's good. Zoe Kravitz is a good actress. All these people are awesome. Colin Hanks, Yeah, see, Colin Hanks is Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's kid. But here's the thing, I feel like he's still trying to prove himself. He's in a lot of stuff, but he hasn't popped off as that artist that everyone thinks that he should be because he's one of the greatest actors of all time. Son, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like Colin Hanks is hit hard, Mike, I would say, but if your dad is Tom Hanks, like it's hard to live up to that.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 3: I have like an iconic role like anything compared to Tom Hanks. But he's a good actor, has had a lot of success.
Speaker 1: Who does right, you know, you're right there? Who is the Tom Hanks? Nobody, No, you're right, he's I mean the Chris Pratt. I mean there's like four that you would say a generation below.
Speaker 2: Man, I would feel like his brother, Like, isn't there a brother chat? So that's an example of Tom Hanks is so famous. Chet Hanks is in music.
Speaker 1: Can't really get it to work, can't do it Like I'm not saying he isn't talented, but he's tried multiple things as a rapper, an they're doing the country thing now.
Speaker 3: He's doing a little acting too. He's in that Netflix show Running point.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good in that so there's a good example of NEPO the whole thing for you. Scott Eastwood, Yeah, that's Clint Eastwood Son. He's good man. What did I see him in? Oh? Is he uh a superhero?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But he's a good actor.
Speaker 1: Patrick Schwarzenegger, who I watched in White.
Speaker 2: Lotus, White Lotus, Man, he's so good.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's Arnold and Maria Shriver's kid.
Speaker 2: Uh. Keifer Sutherland baby, Oh that's right, Donald Sutherland's son.
Speaker 1: We forget because Donald Sutherland is either really old or dead.
Speaker 2: I believe he's dead. I'd hate to kill him if he wasn't. But yeah, but I think he was one hundred or so yeaheah, he was old. Man. It was crazy about Donald Sutherlands and Kirk Douglas Is. These guys were black and white actors. He did the pictures. Yeah, you're looking through me like that's crazy. He lived during the picture days.
Speaker 1: He was eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, would I take back the hundred? We wanted him to be a hundred. Charlie Sheen, Yes, Martin Sheen's son, Jennifer Aniston mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So these that I put on the list here are NEPO, but I needed a little help. I think her dad, who is John Aniston, was old school.
Speaker 2: Too, okay, actor like producer.
Speaker 1: I think an actor because when I looked up, I just did a I did three different AI searches on Nepple babies, and Jennifer Aston.
Speaker 2: Came up on all of them.
Speaker 1: And John Aniston, you see anything about him?
Speaker 3: He was an actor.
Speaker 2: He was on Days of Our Lives, you know what, not full NEPO. Be honest, No, I mean I bet he tried his best and they were like, all right, no, trust me. My daughter's really good.
Speaker 1: Would you consider Rashida Jones a neo baby?
Speaker 2: Do you know that Quincy Jones' daughter? Yes, an entertainment baby.
Speaker 1: She was in the office. She also was in that show that was in Japan. It was really good on Apples. Yeah, Sonny Sonny was really good. Until the end, it was okay, it got kind of weird, but it was great premise, great premise.
Speaker 2: You think she's NEPO, Yeah, yeah, because I mean Quincy Jones was so connected, not just music. I'm sure he was Hollywood La music. Those guys all run in the same circle. So yeah, Gwyneth Paltrow big time. Her dad was I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know her parents, and I have their names, and she it says she is, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I want to say one's an actor, one's a producer.
Speaker 1: So Bruce Paltrow, don't that's her dad, Bruce. Yeah, and her mom is Blithe Danner.
Speaker 2: Okay, and she was an actress.
Speaker 1: They just sound like old school gone with the Wind people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But but you're right. I think without that power dynamic, there would be no Gwyneth Poutro. I don't think some interesting ones. Nick Cage, Francis Ford, Coppola's Yes, George Clooney, mom nephew of Rosemary Clooney. Yeah, if you're a nephew, it's like mid nepo mid nepo. Yeah. But I've seen movies of hers, and she's a black and white actress. Do crazy how she looks like him or he looks like her? O? J. Jackson mm hmm ice Cube Son, Yeah, we saw him. We met him in La rich Isisen studio.
Speaker 1: He ate his podcast in this Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy how much he looks like ice Cube in the movie. Yeah, and did a great job too.
Speaker 1: Okay, music, it's gonna offend some people. Okay, Hank Williams Junior. I mean that is get no more NEPO than Hank.
Speaker 2: That is the definition of NEPO.
Speaker 1: Now, has he proven himself over and over? That's never That's never the question. Have they proven themselves? The NEPO part of it is did they have an unfair advantage? According to some that did not have the same advantage? Yes, Hank Jr.
Speaker 2: And And and even if his name was Eddie Eddie Williams, that would have been a little tougher too, like for instead of Hank the same I mean it was he was Hank Williams Junior. He was the carbon copy of his dad with the same name. And and your dad's dead, So you want something that's no longer there. There you go, we got a son. Miley. Yeah, big time NEPO.
Speaker 1: I feel like she she got the luxury of being the NEPO, but then also somehow her dad got to be the renepot. Yeah, like he was able to get her and then he kind of fell off, and then she was able to bring him each other.
Speaker 2: Do you know their story? Like like obviously Billy Ray was the nineties country guy, but then did she did he help her get her Hannah Montana career going, because I feel like, I don't know. I know it takes money to have to go move, go to l A.
Speaker 1: I get No, I don't know well enough to sit here and proclaim that I do.
Speaker 2: But Jacob Dylan was one you mentioned earlier. That's a big one.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna kind of say maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he made it a point to he wanted people to not bring up his dad when he was trying to come up, so he was not using the last name Dylan. He could have easily been just Jacob Dylan, but he started a band called The Wallflowers, and it took a little bit of research for us to even like, did you know that that's Bob Dylan's son.
Speaker 1: Now, there are still the advantages of you get to be a rock star, and part of not making it is it's hard to survive because rock stars don't make any money the first years. But if you have money, you don't have to worry about that part of it. But yeah, Enrique is.
Speaker 2: Julio Glacis, Oh, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Now I've done rich artists. This is not the same as NEPO.
Speaker 2: Not NEPO. This is unfairly. You have the luxury of not having to worry about life. You just get to pursue your art. That's it.
Speaker 1: But maybe without the connections, that's it.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift Okay, I didn't know that was news to me.
Speaker 1: Her father was a financial advisor who relocated the family to support her entire career. Wealth helped provide opportunities, though not connections. So Taylor's not a NEPO kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're not famous.
Speaker 1: Taylor is just somebody that had the resources to just focus on music only.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ariana Grande family was rich in Florida.
Speaker 2: It's like what they the Grande the Grande Communications.
Speaker 1: No, her parents owned a successful graphic design business. Oh wow, cool, Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Pretty rich.
Speaker 1: He was raised on Manhattan's Upper West Side by successful entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: Wow. I wouldn't have thought that.
Speaker 1: Julian Cosablancas from The Strokes and your father founded the Elite modeling agency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was really rich growing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, you imagine like being friends with him and he wants to he wants you to be in his band. Yes, because of all the models, the money, Like, oh we're good to go, man, we got we got all the cash we need.
Speaker 1: And then the other one in that category of rich but not NEPO is Adam Levine.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his dad, fred founded the retail clothing chain M Frederick, which became a successful boutique business southern California.
Speaker 2: That a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: There's a difference in rich and NEPO.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. My only point with this is Stelle lefty, not NEPO, not neo rich yep.
Speaker 1: And also even in music, if you are pure NEPO and rich, you still can't force it.
Speaker 2: But I do understand. I understand why anyone would think like, oh, that's a little unfair because it feels like it's unfair because they have an advantage, they have a head start above everyone else. But you know what, Life isn't fair, amen, brother, Life is not fair, amen. And I'm not arguing that it is not unfair that some people just generally in life. I listen, I'd like to be an NBA basketball player, but it's unfair that I'm not six foot ten. Correct, it's unfair that I'm not Shaquille o'niel's son.
Speaker 1: I would have thought I wanted to be Shack. You want to be a son.
Speaker 2: We have different goals and ask hey, what about like athlete NEPO babies.
Speaker 1: I don't really think a connection helps you there. Genetics helps you a lot, big Ti and also imagine you're Steph, right, and so neptizat didn't help Steph at all. But his dad's Del Curry and he is around Gym's.
Speaker 2: His whole life. Yeah, yeah, one.
Speaker 1: He has a genetics. He works extremely hard, so we're not questioning that. But you get to be around it as a kid, to be around the best.
Speaker 2: A good one is Patrick Mahomes two talks a lot about you know, his dad was a bas for the Cubs. Yeah, pitch for the Cubs, So locker rooms were normal to him.
Speaker 1: You know where it It's in money, and if you're a professional athlet you have money, Yeah, to have resources, materials.
Speaker 2: You think about like your first time in professional sports and you show up to the locker room and you're just intimidated by what's going on there. Not of you were raised there, not of you are, like, they're your whole life, just like another day, no problem. Same with King Griffey Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and his dad played together. They played in the same outfield that's the Mariners. So I'm gonna look at the camera and say this, stell Lefty is not someone who is using nepotism to her advantage. Just because your parents rich does not mean there's nepotism involved. You also can't force somebody music to connect with folks.
Speaker 2: Say whatever you want.
Speaker 1: But all the people in my comments going nepo baby, nepo baby, you're all morons. If you said rich kid, fair enough, But there are so many rich kids in music that are taking advantage of their parents being rich that they move to town and try music. I ain't seeing you comment on theirs. Hers just happens.
Speaker 2: To be public.
Speaker 1: Clip that, and clip that of me going, clip that, and then clip that of me going, clip that of me going clip that.
Speaker 2: It never ends? Yes, of me, clip that. I have a question, Yes, Brandon, all right.
Speaker 4: So my grandma granny rest in peace. Yeah, no, Hey, this has to do with the Quads. My granny was Dennis and Randy Quaid's babysitter in Houston. Okay, So would that in some way make me a nepo baby sitter?
Speaker 1: Interesting if she ended up getting you into the career of babysitting celebrity. Then she only was able to get you that connection through her connections, you would have been an ne bo babysitter.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Yeah, dude, Yeah, it's a great question.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you for not using that advantage though never because you definitely could hang tight.
Speaker 5: The Bobby Cast will be right back. This is the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about blue dot fever for a second. Something we've talked about on the show. Basically, it just means people aren't selling me tickets, and it's happening all over. It's for a couple of reasons. Mostly it's the tickets are way too expensive.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I saw a chart of a Ludacris show. It was ludicrous, Big X, the Plug and some others I think, and this was an arena. It looked like forty tickets were sold. Oh it was the bluest of blue dot that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Wow, So that sucked. Suck.
Speaker 1: I saw Casey Musgrave's canceled a couple of shows and they were the second shows on her tour, meaning she did two in a city and she had to peel some back. Got it, And they're not saying that's what it is, but they're not not saying that's what it is. But I kind of want to just say everybody struggling selling tickets unless you're Morgan Wallen or Luke Comb's or Zach Bryan. And I'm not just talking about country music. Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift's a good one that are doing these football stadiums.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to sell a ticket. Yeah, everybody's out hustling. Tickets have gotten so expensive, and not just the tickets, the fees, and at times these promoters have it all wrapped in as far as ticket prices, and.
Speaker 2: Then you don't get me starting a dynamic ticket ticket pricing.
Speaker 1: But the thing about that with Blue Dot is that doesn't come into effect a lot because if tickets aren't selling, prices don't go up. Because the dynamic part is if everything sells, it's like buying a flight. If the plane's almost empty, those last few seats are pretty expensive.
Speaker 2: So what's up with the scalpers? Are the scalpers not even buying? The economy is bad for everybody? Body? Wow, Even discovers like I can't do it, even the scalpers. Wow.
Speaker 1: Garth is selling out shows and he does his completely different First of all, he priced every ticket the same, at like one hundred and fifty bucks a plane.
Speaker 2: I mean, which is a lot for a ticket.
Speaker 1: It's a lot just generally speaking, and maybe we're just comparing it to when we were younger, but it's a lot for a ticket. However, it's not for a massive act and he's playing arenas. And what Garth does that I love is that he'll just announce one show, you know it's going to sell out in seconds, and then he'll go second.
Speaker 2: Show and everyone gets there. It sells out of.
Speaker 1: Seconds, third show, and one city at a time.
Speaker 2: Even though he probably planned three nights.
Speaker 1: For sure, but again only one city at a time too. It's not a full here's every city we're doing. I love how Garth does that. And I like that all the tickets are one price. I don't think there are the fees are on there, but a lot of these promoters, I should say, I don't think that there are fees added to that. I think that's all in a lot of these promoters. Though they own the parking, they own them. Yes, they want the ticket price, they have it all, Yeah, so they can kind of dictate what everybody's paying. But I think this blue Dot fever is mostly because people are exhausted of expensive concerts.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a weird time right now with people on their money. Like I know that even in my family, we have to think twice sometimes talk about it three four times before we even think about going to go see The Odyssey. And I'm ax, like, do we want to pay that much to go see a movie in a movie theater?
Speaker 1: You do have Swiss family Robinson for a family though, do you get the reference?
Speaker 2: No, but I have lots of kids. Hey, let me do a different reference. You do have Johnny K plus eight. Yeah, I got that one. Yeah, dude, that's awesome. We have to think about it. A good example was Bruno Mars coming too Nashville, right football Stadium, by the way, football Stadium, and the whole family wants to go. Even my wife's like, hey, everybody wants to go. Did you know we looked at prices where like, there's just no way that we can do that six of us going to a concert. You would think two.
Speaker 1: With the seating in a football stadium, there would be some seats that would be really cheap, but there were not really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, and it's just that time, and I feel for artists that are trying to, you know, make money right now, it's a weird time.
Speaker 1: Post Malone and Jelly Roll had to cut a lot of those early shows because they weren't selling as well as they had hoped they would. And then there are shows and I had heard that it was Post Malone and Jelly Roll, but I don't know this for sure. They have a thing called papering, where if shows are selling well enough to not cancel, but they're not selling so much that it doesn't look weird, they'll just start giving out tons and tons of tickets to get people there, so then it's still selling a little and there'll still.
Speaker 2: Be a lot of people there because they're giving out the free tickets. That's my theory with the NFL games that overseas know they paper them, they start giving tickets out all over town, all over London.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be kind of fun if Yeah, you're probably right, though I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just feels like, Wow, that's a lot of football fans in London, But are there really a lot of football fans in London?
Speaker 1: I feel like they just passed out jerseys outside the stadium because they're wearing every team jersey like the Vikings.
Speaker 2: They ain't playing right. Why the fifth of these people were in Vikings jerseys. Megan Maroney had to end a show earlier this week three songs in, oh, three songs in.
Speaker 1: So she was playing in Denver. She got three songs in. She told the crowd she could not give them the show they deserve. She posted on her Instagram hours later apologizing rescheduled the date, which is what's nice about it is it's pretty close. Sometimes they do this and they can't get back in the Yeah venue, so sometimes it's a year out. But the rescheduled dates. August twenty seventh, she wrote, this was the hardest decision ever had to make. I'm quite literally bawling my eyes out in the dressing room and it hurts me so much, disappoint you all.
Speaker 2: I've never had to do this, and I'm truly so sorry.
Speaker 1: It was tough to watch because there's that decision and I've had to do it when doing stand up.
Speaker 2: Where you're going.
Speaker 1: One, can I get through a whole show? But can I also get through a whole show show? And the people out there don't think that they wasted all their money, and you don't want to cancel because they just got babysitters. They just sometimes drove in for two three hours. Sometimes they got a hotel room. And if you do have to reschedule, they just lost that money. Yeah, and then you lost the money because you had to get there. You have to pay for all your travel to get there, and then you have to weigh it. And I think she probably waited, thought she could do it, got out there, and I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I tipped the all hat to her. This is a tattip. I don't know have a hat tip of Cas goes perfect. That she got a few songs in and didn't just go, let's just fight through it.
Speaker 1: And count this as a check mark show that she said we'll come back because she lost money doing that.
Speaker 2: Dude, it is so unfair to just try to make it healthy with every single show. I mean, how many shows did they play a year? They play so many shows and you have that one show where you're I'm just not feeling good. You have no choice in the matter. Your voice just isn't there. And I love that she tried to do it. She tried to do three songs and try to, you know, fight it out, but what can you do. It's so not fair and it's unfortunate for everyone involved.
Speaker 1: Why I was so unselfish of her is that she could have canceled the show right before. She could have gone yeah, and everybody would have gone home and people would have lost some money, like we talked about babysitter hotels, et cetera. She thought maybe I can pull it off. She tried, and it's the same thing. Had she canceled, they're still going to get to come another show. And they got to watch three songs and watch her like that's better than nothing.
Speaker 2: They got to see her at least, and.
Speaker 1: It's not better than nothing, as if that's all they got. They're going to get another show. Yeah, and you just saw that she wanted to try to make it work.
Speaker 2: Do people get their refund? Like if they decide they can't make it when she comes back around, can you just get a full refund for that show? It depends.
Speaker 1: It'd be nice if they all were like that. So some artists will release refund that's really the kind of integrity thing to do. Some will go refund at point of purchase, so you go to wherever you bought it, get your refund. Some just go we're gonna issue tickets for a later date, which means they're gonna all the money stays with them. Yeah, and they're just gonna give you tickets for a different date.
Speaker 2: Then you figure it out and sell the tickets or not. You can go wherever. Some will do either, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, get your tickets, but if you can't come, get a refund and we'll resell those tickets.
Speaker 2: Man. I remember there was a show we didn't know Passo, I remember, and I was having some stomach issues and I was like, I don't know if we should do this. But then we went out and then I had to go to the bathroom mid show, and I told you, but we didn't tell the rest of the band. And then I was like, dude, don't tell anyone, but I'm going to go use the bathroom. So you guys kept playing, and then somewhere in the middle, when I was in the bathroom, I heard you saying, guys, you know where read he is. He's in the bathroom pooping. Oh man, I'm sorry you told everyone. I don't like that version of me. And then I had to come out and be like, I'm back. Guys do not like that version of me, and I'd like to apologize.
Speaker 1: So problem man, celebrities that are overexposed right now?
Speaker 2: Ooh, So I have a list of three for sures in my opinion.
Speaker 1: But before I give you my three, I wonder who comes to mind for you if I said overexposed celebrity. Now what you guys don't know if you're listening or watching. Eddie has no idea what I'm gonna toss at him.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: So he didn't have time to plan for this, and mostly it wasn't because we didn't have a meeting, but Eddie was editing videos for a different thing right until five seconds before we started.
Speaker 2: This, and we never have meetings, and we never have meetings with the Medieah yeah, yeah, uh dude, funny. The first thing that comes to mind, the first name is Timothy Shallamy. He didn't make my list, but I can hear you go ahead to me. It's just like he is everywhere and I'm a little tired of seeing him and it's not fair to him. But like I think the best of the NBA Championships Finals had something.
Speaker 1: To do with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Wow, I didn't think about that. He was at every single game. Then you get on TikTok and he's all over TikTok, you know, because people are taking pictures with him or vide It's not fair, but he is everywhere. Yeah, I guess over exposure.
Speaker 1: For you to feel that someone is, you kind of have to be annoyed by them, because if you just like someone and they're out there a lot, that's just someone being out there a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm not annoyed by him. But also, you're a Spurs fan, and I think that affected how you feel about him because he's a Knicks fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would put Ben Still in all that too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wondering why you're affected by Timothy Chellam.
Speaker 2: I got it. Now you're okay, Spike leagu get out of here. You're Spurs fans. I got it. Uh.
Speaker 1: When he was doing the Marty Supreme promotion, he was doing a lot of podcasts, like sports podcasts, and he was making the rounds. That was cool because he's an A list star. He is, but I could see if you didn't like him for a reason. We found your reason.
Speaker 2: The nick that could be considered overexposure. I'll accept it. I don't feel the same way, but I accept it. Another one to me is I'll do two in one is Taylor Travis. So I have Travis Kelsey down, not Taylor, just Travis.
Speaker 1: I think Taylor is beyond being overexposed.
Speaker 2: She lives overexposed.
Speaker 1: I think Taylor is just so famous that even if she hit out for three months, hers, something about her would still be existing everywhere all the time.
Speaker 2: I think she has became.
Speaker 1: She's gone from exposed to overexposed.
Speaker 2: To she just exists. And if you don't like it, sucks for you. She's Taylor Swift yep. But Travis Kelcey for sure. Okay, that's a good one. And again it's not his fault.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 2: He just married Taylor Swift. I mean, look at his shirts. He is living his best life. He hit the jackpot.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be famous, he had a reality show, he did a dating reality show himself, he did. His goal was to be famous, not just to do sports, but and he hit the jackpot with that, and God bless him.
Speaker 2: Definitely overexposed, though, Uh, I'm gonna do another athlete, Tom Brady. Oh, now, Tom Brady That's a great point because Tom Brady is starting to not be the.
Speaker 1: Guy we hold up to go, this is the greatest quarterback, greatest competitor, are super champion. Now it's here's the guy who won the most super Bowls.
Speaker 2: But a little bit of the douchebag. Yeah, what's what? Did he just punch that guy? Or push it?
Speaker 3: What did he do?
Speaker 2: Do you push logan for? Uh? Yeah, but it does fake I understand. But it's just like one of those things like what is Tom It's almost every time I see Tom Brady on my social media, it's like, what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: And the thing is he's not really a douchebag, but we have kind of a boner against him because he's so good looking. Okay, yeah, there's just a lot of great Yeah he's had it all rich, but he was quiet for a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh he did was play football, I know, championship.
Speaker 1: Because there was mystery surrounding him that elevated him even more.
Speaker 2: That's why I think there is so much power to mystery. Only if you're so.
Speaker 1: Good, though, because if you're not the most elite and you're mysterious, you're not mysterious because nobody cares.
Speaker 2: You're just kin heard of. Okay, I see that, But like Johnny Depp, we don't know much weird, but we don't know much about him.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he also is so a list that you can be mysterious. But I don't know he's so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did you watch the his his trial? No, dude, that was awesome. No, because that was the first time I felt like, oh, okay, we weren't watching him make a movie, we weren't watching him act. We were watching him just be Johnny Depp, and he was still like he was acting. Was he weird? Oh? Dude, it was awesome. He's like, so I drank how much wine do I drink? I drink a lot of wine? Like he was just it was almost like he was playing another character. So but to that point, we still don't know who he is. I feel like I know who he is weird. Keanu Reeves do you know who he is? Awesome? Dude? No, just a kind guy who does movies I like. And he's kind of overly exposed because he's all over the place. Do you feel like Keano's overexposed? I think people expose him. Yeah, they take pictures of him like feeding a homeless man. Or is that overexposed when people find you doing good stuff and you're not purposefully out Because there is that, there's the Keano memes and the Keanu is the greatest guy ever. He's like helping someone jumps out of a car, but he's not out purposefully doing that, right, He's not giving mouth to mouth to the old person with the PR team watching. He's doing it because he's saving an old guy. So do you think Travis Kelcey is purposely pring? Yeah? Of course he's not just going at doing game shows. He's Adam Sandler. He's doing it.
Speaker 1: Also, his podcast doesn't help him because it's very popular and successful. Like sometimes overexposure is not negative or because you're doing something bad. It could be because you're doing something.
Speaker 2: So good that you're everywhere. To that point, you brought up Adam Sandler. Uh did you see did you hear the video? The call that he called nine one one at or.
Speaker 1: Was four to one one was a non emergency line looking for a bastball court is real?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so. And he called.
Speaker 1: We will not slander Adam Sandler. We will not slander Adam Sandler.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you a question. So you heard the audio, so you could just call the non emergency line and ask like, is there a place to the ball here? Like I like to play basketball? I believe.
Speaker 1: So it's not an emergency and you're asking something about the functionality of the city. I think that's exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 2: And you're not doing that to get attention, because you could just google city parks with basketball hoops.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have a good answer to that, because I think i'd probably google it first, and maybe he did so.
Speaker 2: Then he just went to the non emergency line and talk to a human. Yeah, okay, I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Cird you would hang on to that as a negative dang hater.
Speaker 2: It was surprising to me that he had called an operator to Did he say I was Adam Sandler? Did he say that? I don't think he said he was Adam Sandler, but I don't remember. You could just tell from the way I want to. Do you think Adam Sandler's overexposed? Yes? Oh I do. I love him so much. I love him so much. I don't you can't for me. I don't have any negative so, and does he does he really play that much pickup and with colored shirts, because he's ever with collar shirts and long shorts. I only know that because I just hear people say that and do interviews where they go Adam Sandler plays basketball all the time. And I don't hate on Adam Sandler. I really like Adam Sandler. It's just funny to me that he's kind of everywhere playing basketball in public.
Speaker 1: So other three I had Travis Kelsey here. The other two that I had Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I don't know. Is she overexposed or just working a lot? A fine line? Okay, sure, So what do you think about that? I do see her everywhere and then she's is she with Scooter Braun? That kind of helps a little bit with the overexposure and never TMS's covering your every move fat Yeah. But other than that, I kind of feel like she's just working and when I see like her in a movie, she's just doing well for herself. What movies has she been in? There was one that I saw where she's like a boxer. I don't watch that one, but I know the one you're talking about. Yeah, I didn't watch either, Mike, you didn't watch it either no, no, no, I'm how do you say that? I saw? Yeah, I saw that there was a movie where she played a boxer where it didn't look anything like her. Was that good? Mike is all right? I didn't watch it for you. She's in that mm hm.
Speaker 3: Last season was this year.
Speaker 1: But she's main character, right, one of the main and it has been for a long time because that made her famous though, right, I did watch a movie where that she was great in. So this is not all Sidney Sweeney hate.
Speaker 2: It's not even hated at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of this is I know it's the movie where she was the one who leaked the information.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and as he looks up the name of it she was working. I think she might have a military and it's a true story. Yeah. Reality, it's called reality is great. You so you watch? Yeah, I watched the whole Yeah. Yeah. When I say I watched something, just you watched the preview. It's called reality. Yeah, it was really great twenty twenty three. Wow, I watched it on HBO and she's the main character. Yeah, would you read me?
Speaker 3: The synopsis of the movie says, a former American intelligence specialist is given the long sentence for the unauthor unauthor unauthorized release of government information to the media about Russian interference.
Speaker 2: In twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Is that it sounds good to me selections versus an email operation.
Speaker 2: She was so good in it. I think she's a good actress and she ugled herself up for it. Yeah, I mean, like the boxing movie. Is that what she did for that one? Dude? I mean, she's it doesn't look like her at all, Like I really, I think I was at a movie watching some other movie in the preview came out and I kept thinking, like that, she looks familiar. I don't know who that is though, And then at the end it was like Sidney Sweeney, Sidney Tweeny's ugly twin. You know, there's always a.
Speaker 5: The Bobby cast will be right back, Welcome back to the Bobby cast.
Speaker 2: The other one is in country music ella mm hmm. Having a lot of success. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say she's overexposed though, but she's having so much success where I could see that would be something that could be guessed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not. NEPO.
Speaker 1: I would say you could have said overexposed. Just independent of the recent controversy Oh.
Speaker 2: Is it Morgan Wallen? M hm, wow, success.
Speaker 1: I would say Morgan Wallan's not really that exposed. He's playing massive shows, but he kind of kept his head down.
Speaker 2: You're right, he's not working. There isn't a lot out off the stage other than him break almost breaking his ankle. Well, the phone, remember money through the phone on the phone. Yeah, are you talking about jelly Roll? Yeah? Yeah, way over exposed but kind of hiding a little bit.
Speaker 1: But but the fact that Bunny is doing her thing and their divorce, Yeah, you can't hide whenever you're in the news every second.
Speaker 4: Have you.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen much of him though since the divorce was announced. I seen on social media sometimes you do, but I don't know. And then I saw their daughter come out and say something.
Speaker 1: If she told the world what she knew about the divorce, the internet would crumble, right.
Speaker 2: And then I saw Bunny come back and be like, come on, you guys are learning this out of proportion. It's not what she really meant. Do you see Bunny spend five hundred thousand dollars on a Rolls voice four after divorce day? She's going hard. I feel like jelly roll overexposed. Yeah, yeah, would you agree with that one? Yeah, I would agree with that guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely had the World Cup song and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's everywhere.
Speaker 1: And again fine line between working hard, yeah, and being overexposed.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I think that's kind of what they work for too, right to be overexposed.
Speaker 1: When I was working in pop radio and a little bit now in country, but I don't what music do we listen to while we're doing the show?
Speaker 2: Almost No, No, we don't. We don't hear any We don't play that much.
Speaker 1: We tossed to it and then yeah, maybe it's a couple times an hour, but especially in pop radio, you know, the same songs to play every hour and a half or so, and people would say, man, I hate it. These artists have to hate that their songs get played.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: I no, of the goal is to get overexposed, to have a song so big. People get annoyed by that's what they were working for, because that means like it's a monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they go through that period right of where they're like, I'm kind of tired of playing that song. Gosh, well that takes me to our next thing. Should Legacy artists be able to retire a song. I mean how you phrased it. I mean I think anyone should be allowed to do whatever they want to do, obviously, right, Okay, However, I think it would be extremely selfish and rude for the rest of us to never play that song.
Speaker 1: A Yet the band that I can think of and they play it I think a little bit now, and it's not country.
Speaker 2: Did they just stop playing their biggest hit?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: We've talked about this for sure, now you know it. You're just not coming to your mind right now. British Oasis, oh oh yeah, Radiohead, Yeah, and that's their biggest song and they've just chosen not to play it and they'll occasionally play it. Now. I've seen Radiohead twice and they did not play that song.
Speaker 1: Really, it'd be disappointing to go to a major artist show and they not play their biggest song. But if you know what ahead of times they're not gonna play it, it's not as disappointing because they're just saying we're not gonna play it, so you're not waiting on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have these artists and so.
Speaker 1: Let's pick the artist and what song can they not replace?
Speaker 2: Okay, like this is their staple song. They have to, they have to. They can't replace the song. Garth Brooks friends in low places, like, I know, it's probably hard to play that every night, and yeah, I'll say the same and even like to own that that's your biggest song. It's probably hard for an artist because I'm sure they're so proud of other songs that mean way more to them, that they love way more. But then everyone else loves that song. He's got to play that, George Strait.
Speaker 1: Your personal pick, because I Garth, that wouldn't have been a personal.
Speaker 2: Pick, but we'll do personal pick. That personal pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, song that you will not allow them to retire because you love it so much.
Speaker 2: George Strait, I like that, George straight check yes or no.
Speaker 1: Mine's gonna be so cliche after I say that about Garth, Mine is so cliche about George Strait, my morning.
Speaker 2: It's the most cliche. I don't even think George would ever think about and never play that song.
Speaker 1: I think these guys have a relationship with success.
Speaker 2: That is, holy crap, I'm successful. Oh man, do I have to?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm so lucky. This song has lasted so long.
Speaker 2: I love it again. Those are the stages of those of the big songs. Yes, the Rolling Stones, ooh, Personal, Beast of Burden, Good, I'm gonna go painted black? Yeah. Now the real one is Satisfaction. Satisfaction, right, I mean that would be that. I bet that's the one they've talked about a hundred times, like, do we really need to play Satisfaction? Personal? Though? Ye? Do? And awesome? Have them live, dude, they're so good. Do they have hair? They all still have their playing in the back for them, That's what they say. But when I went to the show, my seats were so high, I looked for him. I didn't see anyone back there. They could be playing underneath the stage. I'm not there. I don't know what band. I saw one band. I want to say it was the Killers. It was a band like that, The Killers, something along those lines where there was a guy behind the amp with a little you know, you know how the orchestra they have the sheet music with a little light. He had the sheet music stand with a light and playing the guitar back there, and no one saw him, but I did because I was high up. You sure he wasn't tuning the guitar no, no, no, he was playing. He was playing, Yeah, because could see him playing. You know what I like about the.
Speaker 1: Killers is that they start their shows, the ones that I've seen online, with their absolute biggest songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gotta be cool.
Speaker 1: Like the curtain drops and they go right in down somebody man, because you just don't expect a band like that to come out and play their freaking monster at the very beginning.
Speaker 2: Usually it's the last song that they've played. They do have four or five big songs.
Speaker 1: But when Vanessa Carlton was on this show, she does thousand Miles at the very beginning.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: And part of that is she knows everybody's waiting on and have their phone's ready, and she's like, Okay, let's just get.
Speaker 2: It Overwhere would you be cool with a monster artist like George Strait to play Amarillo by morning in the open and then at the end, Yeah, of course I would.
Speaker 1: I would love it play twice, play the start played in I don't care if you played it ten thousand times at home. I would love to hear it two times from the artist.
Speaker 2: Man. I thought like, that'd be so cool for artists to do that, but I don't think anyone does that. Alan Jackson, Chattahoucci Personal End, Yeah, Chattahoochie. That's probably the one too where he's like, oh, I gotta play this song every night. I think I'm gonna do Remember When? Oh yeah, thirty seems so old. I love that song. But the actual answer is, Chattahoochie. I wonder if those songs like remember When and like songs that are real meaningful get hard to recreate because you write it with such meaning. But then when you play a song every night, there's no meaning. You're just performing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you recreated. I think you just know that everybody else is feeling what they feel from it. You just need to do as close to the job as you did really as possible.
Speaker 2: It's like an acting job where you like it, just got to act like I'm I'm feeling it too. Tim McGraw, Oh, there's a hard one, man, I'm gonna go with something like that. Not a huge fan of that song. That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was just that era I got too. Mcgral eras.
Speaker 2: I like the beginning and the I'm like to say end, he's not dying, but like the light, I'm gonna go. Oh yeah, you're gonna go front End Orca. Probably don't take the girl. Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: There are songs that I probably like better than that. But as far as like songs I have to hear if I go to a mcgral show, don't take the Girl, I think it's don't take the girl, like I like best friend too, but my best friend, Yeah, I think that oka if he didn't play it, like okay, but if he didn't play don't Take the Girl, I think a pissed.
Speaker 2: I think there's a handful of songs where like I would be pissed if he didn't play.
Speaker 1: On Kenny Chesney, mind You and Tequila, because that's one of my favorite songs of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gonna think I'm stupid. No, she thinks my Tractor Sexy. He stopped playing that for a long time. He told me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said that, he said, Mega Maroney got him to play it again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Meghan Maroney, Thank you yep. Because I love I love Beach Kenny. But to me, like she thinks she thinks My Tractor Sexy is such a party song, like if you're gonna go to a concert. Set the tone with like a good song like that, you have to play it. But he saw party songs.
Speaker 1: You have your song you love but he's no shoes, no shirt.
Speaker 2: No problem. Yeah yeah yeah, but she thinks is like that is so good, Luke Combs. You can just scratch off ticket. Luke, I mean that's a good one. Uh when it rains of poorse that's a real good one. I'm gonna have to go though, car No, no, we can do I can. I'm fine with no fast car. If he says I'm not gonna do that, and then I'd be like, all right, no problem, Luke, You're good, You're good. I'm gonna dude, I'm gonna go with long neck, long ice, cold long neck, guys, cold beer. Yeah, as you can tell. I like those party songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it ain't in the real show unless there's a party.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm drinking. I want to sing about drinking. I think I'm going to scratch off ticket. It's called when do you think? Do you think? On the set list he writes down scratch off ticket, he probably just writes down pores poors. Yeah, yeah, they do that. One final one Elton John Oh my there are so many.
Speaker 1: The answer for everyone is Tiny Dancer, Like that's universal, but that doesn't have to be ours. But if he doesn't like Tiny Dancer, I think people riot I think that's his most famous song, right rocket Man? Oh, you think that more than Tiny Dancer? Even after Tiny Dancer got big again?
Speaker 2: Yea and whatever that movie was almost famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're telling me you think rocket Man is more famous than Tiny Dancer?
Speaker 2: Do and Friends? Tiny Dancer? They had a whole hold Me Close or Tony Dance. I think for people our age, you know that that lived around that time when Friends was doing that and almost famous. Yes, tiny Dancer got pretty big, but for everyone else, Rocketman was his his song that he was known for.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't fight you to the death over that, but I'm gonna go look at streams because you know you could be right.
Speaker 2: I don't have the answer to this.
Speaker 1: You want to know what's got even more streams than Rocketman, which is over Tiny Dancer?
Speaker 2: By the way, Rocketman is. Oh, I know I know what it is. I bet you don't. I bet you don't. Okay, maybe I don't give it. I have to have two guesses, you have ten, don't two guys winning anything, So how about it? Circle of Life? Nope, dang it because that was a gem. Uh it's it's the Princess Diana one.
Speaker 1: Huh you're not going to get it. You know it, but you're not going to get it. I would not have thought this was number one Yellow it's a jam though.
Speaker 2: I'm still that's number one. That stupid sing due the cartoon did oh it's from singing you're writing.
Speaker 1: The gorilla, but that would be their version of why the songs? That's our friends do? Tiny Dancer and to.
Speaker 2: My Kids are Kids is the almost famous.
Speaker 1: So I'm still standing Rocketman Yeah, Tiny Dancer. Okay, don't go breaking my.
Speaker 2: Heart, don't go breaking in my heart. I won't go break in your heart. That's with Olivia Newton John. It's hold on you're not going to get it. But but jon't jet he would No, it's with mmmm Elton John and uh, oh you're not going to get it. I have it's in my playlist. You're not going to get it. Give me the initials k D. Don't go breaking in my heart, break in your Heart? Yeah, Katie lang.
Speaker 1: Way Off, Yeah it's Elton Kid.
Speaker 2: Hey, your song. That's a princes right. No, no, every song, No Princess Diana. What's Princess Diana?
Speaker 1: Candle and your song is you can tell everybody this is your song.
Speaker 2: That's such a jam. I hope you don't that.
Speaker 1: Benny and the Jets, Benny Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Yeah, but yeah, you're thinking of Candle in the Wind, which was released twice.
Speaker 2: Uh, once originally and then one after. Marilyn Monroe was the original version.
Speaker 1: It wasn't because he wasn't alive then, but it was written with her, got it inspiration, and then once Princess Diana died again.
Speaker 2: Got it. No Levon Levan's on there. No, Levon's a jam. But he has a ton of songs. That Bernie Topping, the guy.
Speaker 1: That wrote the lyrics for those songs, his partner. He just putting out a record for the first time ever. Really he's old, but it's like Bernie Topping, the guy who wrote all the songs with Elton John. I think you were all the lyrics. Yeah, took all these big songs, most of them. He's putting out an album.
Speaker 5: Let's take a quick pause for a message from our sponsor. This is the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy our time together. I always man. So what was the topic of that one. Should artists be oh songs that they allowed to retire a song that we kind of just picked. What's your answer to that? Well, the human answer is do whatever you want. It gives a crap.
Speaker 1: We're not China or North Korea. We can't force you to do a song. But I think it is kind to your fans to play your biggest hits. If you really want to get in and out of them. And there's a couple you hate, combine them, put them in the same key, combine them so everybody feels like they can get a little experience from it, like a little mashup.
Speaker 2: Can I give you an artist real quick? I want to know what you John Mayer my favorite. Okay, you gotta understand what John Mayer. I don't give a crap.
Speaker 1: About the hits, Like if you buy, if you play bubble Gum Tongue, dude, you can retire that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, No, that is his best song. Okay, then that's fine for people to think that aren't mayor heads. That's not even what we're called. And you are, but you are one of those.
Speaker 1: I think i'd be what would be a good John May. I'm not in the fan club or anything, but like a t Mayor. Now Mayor, how about uh.
Speaker 2: The mayor, the mayor? The mayors? For me, my favorite song.
Speaker 1: Ever depending on what month it is, because I have like three, But Stop this Train, John Mayer is my favorite song ever that he's ever done. Stop this train. I want to get off and go home again. The whole thing's about there's one line that says, uh, I'm so scared.
Speaker 2: Of getting older.
Speaker 1: I'm only good at being young, So I play a numbers game to act like life is just begun.
Speaker 2: That time.
Speaker 1: He was the first songwriter that ever wrote things I felt, so yeah, stop his train.
Speaker 2: He doesn't always play it. He doesn't. Gosh, I feel like that would be an essential. I don't think he does.
Speaker 1: I think I think I've probably been ten shows, maybe seven right of them he's played it.
Speaker 2: What does he always play? Like the shows that you went to? He's bubble gum tongue. He's got to play that one, even though he probably hates playing that.
Speaker 1: What's his least favorite song to play? Wait on the World to Change was It was one of his least favorite songs to play because of the range of his voice and because it's just such a cliche song, but also people love it and people feel something from it. He knows that I have his top five most played songs of concert. Okay, I love it from that set list. I'm gonna say it was a little bit later. But well, if I go from the first album Room the Room for Squares album, yeah, I'm not the great right person.
Speaker 2: To ask because it's the one that because if you were to go, what would.
Speaker 1: You want him to play? You can't miss with gravity. Obviously, it's a big crowd pleaser.
Speaker 2: She's got to play that one every single show.
Speaker 1: Probably, but it was later, so it's probably not played as much in the early days.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying. Can you just tell me Number one?
Speaker 3: Number one is why Georgia?
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's from his EP before even Room for Squares, and it was on Room for Squares.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, Wow. The EP was called Inside once Out and I listened to that sucker five million times.
Speaker 1: Not only that, Comfortable was on that and this is just an EP and Clay from Zach Brown Bands was yeah, you know, in the duo with him for a long time. Yeah, but sometimes most comfortable shows and people freak out because it's from his EP. You never put it on a real round.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know that one? What else you got? And number two is no such thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's from the first album. So we're looking at songs from the first album.
Speaker 2: So more time to play Yeah, three, your Body's a Winderland, bubblegum tongue, retire it from the first album.
Speaker 1: Four Gravity that from Continuum.
Speaker 2: Just a great piece of art. And number five is waiting on the world to change. Oh, stab in the neck with every time? What's the one with the run down the hallway? He did that one? What's that one called? Oh? I didn't know was that his first first single? First single? That's what I thought. My kids asked me the dumbest questions and instead of being I really just want to go, like google it, but then I have to be like, well, let's think about this. What was the question they asked recently? It was so dumb that one? What was the first What was his first song? But you just asked me that because I told them that, like I like I knew the answer. Oh, for sure, this one? And then I played that played on that one show and tail before we leave. Yeah, my back art's a little bit. I'm playing pick a ball. I'm gonna stand up for a second. I'm gonna show you guys on camera and I'll just describe it on this for the studio. Oh, this is why you didn't answer me when I asked you what that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm gonna bring this on camera a little bit, so Eddie describe it for people.
Speaker 2: It is a very tall piece of art. It looks like maybe pencil art, possibly because it's black and white. Yeah, yeah, I mean the sketches. It's a skeleton. It's okay, it's it's basically yeah, well yeah, because you're six to one. Yeah, so that's about yeah, that's about right, six foot tall skeleton. And so doctors use this. This is from the drawing is from eighteen sixty seven. Whoa does it have the artist's name on that? Hold on eighteen sixty seven, dude, that's amazing. So we're gonna put this in the studio on the wall. But I got to match it with something. So this is Ludwig of course German, eighteen sixty seven. And then there's a bunch of words in German yeah, so German. Dude, dude, that's amazing. How much you don't want to know? How much you don't that? No, I really do two car tires. Oh my goodness, dude, that's a that's amazing. Unfortunately, let me tell you when I first saw that, I saw it and I'm like, what did you buy? That's the stupidest thing anybody would ever buy. But then you find out that it's that old and it's a real piece of art, Like, that's actually really amazing, dude. Yeah, I didn't know you were an art collector. I'm not.
Speaker 1: My wife said, hey, I think there's the and she doesn't play into the bones thing at all.
Speaker 2: She kind of hates it. I didn't even put I didn't put that together. Oh you guys, did Mike digit immediately? Yes, so did I know?
Speaker 1: And she said, there is this old doctor's drawing of a skeleton that they use back in the eighteen hundreds at this store, and the paper is weathered and old.
Speaker 2: They've tried to preserve it. Yeah, she said, but I hadn't put it aside.
Speaker 1: If you go look at it and if you should buy it for the studio. And so it's a six foot like skeleton drawing best from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. Cool, huh, it's really really This isn't a giveaway, right Call her ten.
Speaker 1: Call her ten on my cell phone right now. So if you guys got on Netflix you can see that.
Speaker 2: You can see it. Randon, Well we did. Yeah, that's really cool man. All right, that's a wrap. I'm I want to end with this.
Speaker 1: I'm very upset at what and not angry, just disappointed because this week there was a concert that you and I would have for sure gone to, but you had to leave town, I know. And I even asked my wife and she would go, and she didn't want to go.
Speaker 2: I know. So I haven't told my wife that I'm not going to be able to go to this concert. Is training bare necka Ladies and coming up.
Speaker 1: If everything still goes to plan, Pat Mont and from Train's going to be on this show. We haven't done the interview yet, but he's coming up. And I said, do you want to go to a Train? And she goes, I don't know any of their songs. My wife's twelve years younger than I am, and I said, yeah, she knows their song. I said, you know at least four goes.
Speaker 2: I would have said too, She says, I don't know any she was six, she knew six of them. Yeah, she knew play that song. I long, she knew that one. She knew drops a Jupiter in her say yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And we're rolling through all these songs and she's like, yeah, I know that one. And I'm like, I'm convincing her that she's gonna go, and I'm like, let's go.
Speaker 2: And I said, you do what you want to go now. She's not, I'm good, I don't want to go. I was like, so are you? So are you not going? Now? I'm not going to go. Hey soulsa Hey soul sister. Mister mister, well, I won't take Brandon.
Speaker 1: I've already committed to not going with a baby because we had to find somebody take the baby.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine I took I took my baby to a Jimmy Buffet concert. Dude, not even that. That's not the one I freaked out at. I took I took my baby. Must have been your baby's age to Stephen Marley, Stephen and Damian Marley, Bob Marley's sons. And the first thing my wife says, when we walked in, like, is he gonna get high? We're like, probably, we should get him out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm not that into to go into anything right now take a four month old. Okay, but but that had been our one concert a year. We should go to about one.
Speaker 2: The other songs that she knew were, uh, that's a dry by, ha ha ha, do you not good dear to you? And this is not a dry by? The other one was we did that so badly? Ca aga. Dude, I forgot about that one. They have meet Virginia Virgina. I can't wait to meet Virginia. That's how we first were introduced to train and she was like, she didn't know that one because it was so far back, and I said, uh, mama works on Cobber reed.
Speaker 1: She goes all their lines kind of dumb. I was like, well, they just kind of sprinkle.
Speaker 2: He likes to do a little too, like a virgin your Madonna Like, he likes to do a lot, sprinkle a little silly things. Yeah, but I like it. So that's what's up, dang man. I know, well, I do appreciate you not going, hey, I'm doing your honor. Now that you say that you can give me a good talk. I'm doing that in your honor. H Okay, that's it. Thank you guys for watching, Thank you for listening. Be sure to go back and check the arc aft.
Speaker 1: We have a bunch of great Vanessa Carlton episode, which we've referenced here a couple of times, is great. To Kenny Chesney episode if you've missed that one, it's great as well because he talks about Megan Maroney getting him.
Speaker 2: To do She thinked my drack just because he was like, I'm done with it.
Speaker 1: And then if I can be a little bit braggy, I got Megan Maroney on the episode that she came in to do hair salon because she wasn't gonna do it really and I said, you can't not do it. And the first show that she did after that, she played hair salon. And I don't think she's playing it every show, but she was like, I don't play that anymore. In the first show after I said you have to play.
Speaker 2: Hair salon, that was all you. She did it. Good job.
Speaker 1: So all right, that's what's up. Thank you guys for watching, and we will see you guys next time.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to a Bobby cast production,