Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, it's time for the best bits. This is just the bits.
Speaker 3: Remember go check out part one and part three this weekend. It's with Amy and we did have a little.
Speaker 2: Therapy session on part one.
Speaker 3: Talking about dating and her divorce and just so many different things got brought up, so you'll definitely want to check out that. And then part three is the listener Q and A. So we answered a lot of your questions, including how she handles phone time with her kids, the explanation behind their names, and what happened to that infamous microwave that y'all heard about on air for so long what happened with it in the divorce. So now it's time to dive into the best segments from the show this week.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Eddie went to pick up.
Speaker 3: Some wings for takeout, and let's just say it didn't go as planned. It actually went more gross than he had ever intended.
Speaker 2: So here's what happened and what he did about it.
Speaker 5: Number seven, guys, So what happened? I got to ask you, guys a question, what would you do in this situation? On Sunday, I was watching football, and I'm like, you know what, I gotta have wings, so go on. I got online. I ordered my wings from a place to go pick them up. I go inside the restaurant and I'm waiting for my wings because there's a line. There's like two people there, and I see it's one of those where you can kind of see the kitchen behind the counter. And I'm looking back there and I see the guy putting wings in the fryer and he's waiting for the wings to come out, and he scratches his armpit. No okay, And then the wings are ready. He gets them out of the basket, starts putting season it.
Speaker 6: In the wings, tosses them with the same hands.
Speaker 5: Same hands, didn't wash his hands at all, bare hands.
Speaker 7: No can you see this? What would you do?
Speaker 6: Not eat their jolady? Pay for it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Like online?
Speaker 7: No, I ordered it online. I I'll pay there.
Speaker 8: Listen, that's probably happening. I just don't want to see it. In the minute I see it, I can't see it. So then I just need to go somewhere else where. It might be happening too, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 7: You would leave bones?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I haven't paid yet, I'm probably gonna leave.
Speaker 7: Would you tell anyone?
Speaker 6: No, who do you tell?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 6: Do you want to play? Guess what Eddie did?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Come on, okay, give us some options here. Guess what Eddie did.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 5: Did I call the manager and say, hey, I saw this, gotta do something about it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: B Did I pay for it and say just take it home and eat it anyway?
Speaker 6: Just give it to the kids and never tell him why they're not that's right?
Speaker 7: Or see? Do I just leave not say a word?
Speaker 6: I think I would probably leave unless I'd already paid for it, and then even then I'm gonna get it and paid for it. Probably give it to like a homeless guy or something. He doesn't deserve that barn pit. But it's better than going to waste, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he doesn't know either.
Speaker 6: I'm probably just gonna leave. I'm gonna say that Eddie. I'm gonna say Eddie just paid for it and took him home. I think he loves wings and wanted to get watch the game.
Speaker 8: You same thing. I think his family didn't see it, so no harm there. He took him home.
Speaker 9: He hate the wings Man like the little arm put grease they's gonna kill him, armput grease, so but I know he's not going to call him. I mean, I could see Eddie being the call the manager guy. He's a helicopter parent, so he could helicopter restaurant customer.
Speaker 10: But he just hate the wings.
Speaker 6: Eddie, What you do?
Speaker 5: Got my credit card out? I paid for him and I took him home, and I hate him, dude, I needed my wings. It was one of those things though, as every time I took a vit, I gagged a little bit just thinking about it, like, oh my god, this is so disgusting.
Speaker 6: What celebrity did he look like?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have to play that game? Why we don't have to play that game?
Speaker 10: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: Don't worry about it?
Speaker 10: That's the game?
Speaker 6: Okay, what did you learn from this experience?
Speaker 7: Don't look back there?
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: Yes, don't look you know what, just go in, put your head down wings and gets it.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what we learned because it anyway, it was disgusting.
Speaker 7: Man, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: You know, I, for whatever reason, seem to have a lot of scenarios with ubers. I maybe it's just because I takes so many that I just end up with the other weird situation, sometimes scary. This one in particular was super scary, and I do own the fact that it was mostly my fault, but still scary, still crazy that it happened. You're about to hear it right now.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 6: Wellkin, it seems like you're always in uncomfortable situations with your Uber drivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why that is.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because I'm just like a young girl and I'm typically by myself.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe, and you're not a young girl, you're thirty years old.
Speaker 3: I love young though I don't look like I'm fifty, is my point.
Speaker 7: A woman's wrong with that.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, like everybody, I just like I'm little.
Speaker 2: I'm my foot tall.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, Morgan, So what happened to you? Well, dear goodness.
Speaker 3: So I was in my Uber I went to with one of my friends out and we got an Uber together and I had ordered it and this car pulled up and it was the exact car on my Uber app. And so I opened the door and I'm like, hey, you're looking for Morgan, And he's like yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: So we get in.
Speaker 4: Don't think much of it.
Speaker 6: This already feels creepy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, He's like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: He's just like, yeah, Morgan, you see huh.
Speaker 3: Well I always ask because I get nervous. And so we get in the car, and I always watch on the Uber app because I've had a lot of uncomfortable rides, so I watched to make sure we're going in the right directions.
Speaker 2: Well, we make a few of the correct.
Speaker 3: Turns, and then all of a sudden, he starts going the complete opposite direction, and I was like, I'm watching it on the Uber app and I'm kind of sitting there for a few minutes, like, where are we going? Maybe he's taking a different turn.
Speaker 6: Does he look like the picture?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it looked like it's also dark out. I mean it was like one am its.
Speaker 6: License plate, but your phone doesn't have a light.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't like shine now on him, like I'm out, okay, okay. Yeah, as far as like it looked like the picture, it was the right car.
Speaker 4: Everything was accurate.
Speaker 6: License plate.
Speaker 3: I didn't check the license weight because we were on Broadway, so like, you're moving fast.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so I'm like watching it and he keeps going.
Speaker 3: Wrong direction, and so finally I'm like, are you sure you're like taking us.
Speaker 4: To the right place?
Speaker 3: And he kind of like mumbles back something. He's not really making any words.
Speaker 6: Young girl won't shut up young girls.
Speaker 2: And I'm like okay, and I kind of look at my phone.
Speaker 3: We're both getting little uncomfortable, and we're still going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: And finally I'm like, sir, are you sure you were supposed to be picking us up? He's like no, I'm not even an uber driver. And he was like, okay, can you just stop.
Speaker 6: Just stop the car, Just stop the car.
Speaker 2: We'll get out right here.
Speaker 8: Why did he let you get in?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: Man, you could have been yeah, yeah, it could have been over yeah, Like.
Speaker 9: That's when you get out of the car and take a picture of life's weight and call nine one.
Speaker 6: Okay one. First of all, yes, that's bad, but you got into his car.
Speaker 2: I asked. I was like, are you looking for a mortgage?
Speaker 6: And he's like, are you maybe?
Speaker 7: Are you looking for like a good time?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Does Morgan mean something else?
Speaker 11: Like mostly.
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: No, no, he lets you He lets you out.
Speaker 2: He does let us out. I you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he thought we were just so drunk we weren't paying attention and that was the you know, the scenario. But I was very sober and so I knew what was happening, and so he did pull over.
Speaker 2: He let us out, and we.
Speaker 3: Were like in a warehouse district, like it was dark out, and I'm like, we are not in a good place.
Speaker 2: So I'm like quickly ordering an Uber.
Speaker 3: We had to wait twenty more minutes for a different and actual Uber to show up.
Speaker 2: It was a really bad situation.
Speaker 8: What do we learn from this?
Speaker 6: We learned that I still I think that's partially Morgan's fault. Yeah, check a check the last three numbers of license plates.
Speaker 8: What I do, And I think it is good to see if they are there for you. But maybe we open the door and say, hey, who are you here for, because then they'll have to say your name back to you. If you give them your name, then they're like, they oh, that's.
Speaker 6: A good point.
Speaker 8: So you say, oh, hey, who are you here for? And they say, I.
Speaker 6: Can't believe he said, I'm not even an Uber driver.
Speaker 7: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Like, did you say what was your plan?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I was just in shock.
Speaker 3: I was just like, pull over, just pull over, just get us out of the car.
Speaker 10: How fast were you going at that point?
Speaker 2: I mean he's probably going forty. We weren't on a highway. We were on like a back road essentially.
Speaker 10: I was just sad. I don't even know. If I would say pull over, I'd have been diving out.
Speaker 5: But he didn't have fortys out or anything, because like all you have mints in the middle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, that's what they all have.
Speaker 3: The extra charge of his phone up like a map was up.
Speaker 10: It was weird. It was really weird.
Speaker 9: And you didn't take a picture of the licensed bite and called nine will one?
Speaker 3: Like, honestly, all of this shocked me. Like, yes, I'm paying attention. I'm very aware of my surroundings.
Speaker 6: But like she did get in his car, yes, did he happen to be.
Speaker 8: Like a lift driver? And like you said, uber, so he's like, no.
Speaker 9: No, grubub idiot. Did you open the doors? Say are you here for young girls?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: And apparently I'm not a young girl. I said, are you here for Morgan?
Speaker 6: That is yeah, weird, that is so weird.
Speaker 7: I'm worried, Morgan. You used toy home.
Speaker 6: That's over. No more going out for you, Hey, young girl, no more going out for you? Year grounded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently I'm old, so I need to stay home anywhere.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, look at the license plate, everybody. Yeah, last three letters license plate match it up.
Speaker 8: Also, who are you here for?
Speaker 6: And if they say Morgan, then that's probably not you. Morgan's a code word for young girls.
Speaker 10: Oh, I mean here you want to hear? Good?
Speaker 9: I mean I shouldn't read the story's time too.
Speaker 3: They make you say codes and stuff now and that one for whatever, like obviously he didn't there was no code.
Speaker 7: Is it a bad story? It's really bad, dude?
Speaker 1: What kind of car?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: Do they kill somebody?
Speaker 10: Woman mistook a car for an uber guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 6: Are bad because I could have been Morgan, especially if she didn't have her friend with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really glad I was not by myself.
Speaker 6: This is a good PSA good all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 10: Number two.
Speaker 2: Abby shared some really big relationship news this week.
Speaker 3: Y'all have been wanting to hear about the guy that she sing about in her original song Hey their Hometown, Well, she's finally talking about him and sharing their story and some news about that whole scenario.
Speaker 6: Number five. Abby is our phone screener during the show, but she produces so many things when she's not in the hours of the show, A big part of our group here, and she's kind of been hanging around insinuating that she's dating somebody new, although she won't really say it. So what do you want to say, because I'm hearing now that you'll talk about it a little bit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well, I've kind of wanted to just keep it like on the download besse. I wanted it to be based like untrust right, Like I'm not just going to go tell you guys everything on air and talk about it, but I'll like start from the beginning and then like where we are. So when I was home for Christmas in Wichita, that's how.
Speaker 6: We matched on a dating apps bumble got.
Speaker 12: It, yes, And so we never actually got to meet when I was back home because I came back, but we facetimed every day. I gave him my number. I was like, look, if you want to keep in touch, like you every day? Yeah, like every day.
Speaker 8: How quickly did it move from bumble to FaceTime?
Speaker 12: Like when I came back to Nashville, because I was like, I'm probably going to delete the app. I don't I'm not going to stay on here or whatever, So here's my number. And then like one of the first moments I got back here that we just FaceTime to be like, let's just see and we hit it off. And we talked every day how long? Every day like an hour wow, Like we'd be cooking or whatever, Like he'd cook dinner and we'd be talking, like it was really fun.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 12: Okay, And so the first time we met is when he picked me up from the airport in Kansas City because I was like, you want to be my date to my friend's wedding, And so he met my parents, he met all my friends from Kansas.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's different if it's if it's she didn't arrange for that meeting with her parents, that's different. Yeah, they went to the wedding somewhere. I agree with that.
Speaker 12: I probably wouldn't have had them, but they were going to the wedding anyway else.
Speaker 6: And if you've been talking with them that long and he lives up there. Anyway, it's a great date to have so far, I'm with you. Yeah, how'd that go?
Speaker 10: It went really well.
Speaker 6: The first time he saw his feet yeah yeah, what or how tall he was? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah.
Speaker 12: That was another thing too, because he picked me up and I was like, oh my gosh, what if he doesn't.
Speaker 8: But I knew what he looked like.
Speaker 1: So we faced time.
Speaker 8: So everything was fine.
Speaker 12: But we had the best time at the wedding, Like I was like, oh my gosh, this is what it's about. Like all my people are together, like I have a great guy. We were dancing, it was so fun.
Speaker 6: You danced all night. Yeah, you smooch on the dance floor.
Speaker 8: No, my parents were there. No.
Speaker 12: And then like a month later he came to visit me. Had a great time.
Speaker 6: No, that's why I don't want you to interrupted, he raised in his hand. I want to I want to hear our story. You're gonna sidetrack.
Speaker 10: You know, it's a big, big, big question about the wedding.
Speaker 6: Do you get one question? Do you want it now or do you want it later?
Speaker 7: This is the wedding.
Speaker 8: Take me a question.
Speaker 7: You want the question now?
Speaker 6: Do you want to say it, No, I have more.
Speaker 10: I may have questions later.
Speaker 6: We're gonna run out of time. You want it an hour later?
Speaker 10: Oh, you guys are wasting time.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead, this is a story.
Speaker 12: So yeah, he I don't know where was I. Oh he came to visit me. Everything was great, flew down here, yes, uh huh. I went to a really nice rest, stay with you.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 6: And then how many how many days?
Speaker 12: Four days?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Wow? Good? Okay?
Speaker 12: And then he invited me to his one of his family member's wedding and I met his entire family.
Speaker 6: Like everybody back in Kansas, Missouri, Kansas.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was very overwhelming. It was his whole family, like his nieces and nephews, his siblings, his parents.
Speaker 6: That was overwhelming to you. Yeah, what was yours? Overwhelming to him?
Speaker 13: Probably?
Speaker 12: I mean he didn't say it. He played it off very well, like he was very comfortable. That was That's why he was so easy for him to talk to everybody like it wasn't weird, it was cool.
Speaker 6: Did you not play it off? Well?
Speaker 12: I think I did, yeah, But inside I was just like, oh, this is a lot. And everybody was saying there they were like, oh my gosh, this is a lot for you to come to somebody's family's wedding.
Speaker 6: Good everybody anyway.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so everything was great, It was awesome, and then everything started. We didn't see each other that much.
Speaker 6: It's tough.
Speaker 12: And then, yes, distance is very hard.
Speaker 6: And the facetimes aren't an hour anymore. Yeah, then they're twelve minutes, and sometimes you forget you don't even do them at all. Then you fight because you're not doing them, and then you.
Speaker 12: Start being like where is this going? Or like is somebody planning on moving?
Speaker 6: And did you guys have that talk?
Speaker 8: How soon he's moving?
Speaker 10: That's held on?
Speaker 6: How long did you uh, how long did you guys date before he came down here?
Speaker 12: Well, since we were talking five months okay, they're like talking. When he came here is when he was like, I'm all in, like let's do this.
Speaker 6: I want to be he came here.
Speaker 8: Let me see each other once before that at the wedding.
Speaker 7: But a lot yeah, okay.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: So then you guys have to have the discussion what are we gonna do? Is there a plan?
Speaker 1: Basically?
Speaker 6: Who brings it up?
Speaker 12: I think he did, Yeah he did, And it was over the phone and I already told him at the very beginning. I was like, I know, I don't want to move for a couple of years at least, like I have worked so hard to be where I am now, I'm not going to move back home. And he kind of like straight away from him moving and just realized that neither of us want to move anytime soon.
Speaker 6: So but you don't have to move right now.
Speaker 12: I know, I know, but it's just like it's too hard to it's a huge commitment, like financially a everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh that's true.
Speaker 10: You broke up.
Speaker 12: That's where we're at right now.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh, this feels like a very mature, common practical way to have, except for the facetiming, but that's still that even that's kind of at lest you were like talking with them on FaceTime. You couldn't do that back in the day, right, you just had a long you wrote letters or something or no candlelight crap, I don't know, phone calls A Lincoln's like, I'm going to send you this letter. Good for you. Who broke it off with you?
Speaker 1: It was pretty mutual.
Speaker 12: But I was the one that was like, I want to talk about it, and I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 6: So were you not into him anymore?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 12: I was, but I need to see you in person, like I can't keep doing the face times.
Speaker 6: Are you open to exploring the possibility of a longer distance relationship again if you can find a means to find an ending.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I am, but not at this moment.
Speaker 6: It's a lot. Did you tell him you loved him?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 6: Did he tell you he loved you?
Speaker 7: Mature?
Speaker 12: I mean, because we weren't in person that much.
Speaker 6: So I feel like, how many times you see him a person? Not days like when he's here, but how many different instances did you see him a person?
Speaker 8: Five separate times?
Speaker 6: Great, and some of them were from multiple days at a time, over a period of six months.
Speaker 8: No decembt till a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: So it's been that long. So yeah, I think this is a very mature version in season for you, and I'm very proud.
Speaker 8: Of you, thank you, and that you went ten months without you know, giving in to saying something on the show's exactly that was very hard.
Speaker 6: I tell it, I was hiding something, so no, we knew that something you wrote about him in your song right, the song Oh My God about that what about that?
Speaker 8: I knew that you were.
Speaker 12: Going to say that, but no, I'm going to keep it. That's how it was in my life when I wrote it.
Speaker 6: Like, I agree, great Taylor, great perspective, lunchbox.
Speaker 10: You get one question, I mean, we no a question. You just go way too fast.
Speaker 6: She didn't go fast at all, and her family met him the day she met him.
Speaker 10: It was like, that's unbelievable. That is so crazy.
Speaker 6: It's it's a tough circumstance. But it was at a wedding. I don't feel like it was you luring him into Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay with it. I'm okay with it. Are you sad?
Speaker 8: I'm pretty bummed?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean, And it's like going from talking to someone every day and now we don't.
Speaker 10: Talk at all.
Speaker 8: Is that how you'll decided you just need to cut it off completely?
Speaker 12: I did kind of. I was just like, I can't just keep doing all this talking when it's not going to go anywhere, Like I need to put my effort somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Then are my focus?
Speaker 7: What are youat?
Speaker 6: Neck? And on camera, they did they have to the.
Speaker 9: Business if they were together ten months and they only saw each other five times I'm getting a little bored and talking on the phone for you know what I'm saying unless.
Speaker 6: I'm seeing did they have a job that could allow him to afford to come down here every month? And you guys switch it up?
Speaker 1: I think he could.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, well we have to go because run out of time. But thank you for sharing that with us and being vulnerable. We're very proud of you. This is a very mature. It's very mature to keep it private for the sanctity of it. It was also it was you who's like, hey, I don't think it's gonna work. And he did that in a way, and I know that was difficult because it didn't feel good.
Speaker 10: I know, but hey, you're good.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Race telling me I have to go, But Babby, thank you.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, we did a Bobby Bone Shows show Intel where everybody brought a celebrity and shared some fun facts about him.
Speaker 2: So, no, we did not bring the celebrities in the studio. If I could have brought Morgan Freeman in studio, you all know that I would have.
Speaker 3: I will do anything for y'all, well just about everything, but we didn't. But we all brought in some fun facts about all these different people that maybe you've never heard of before.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 6: All right, Bobby Bones show and tell. Everybody bring in a famous person and then share fascinating facts about them. We're gonna go to Mike D first because this is Mike D's idea. Mike, do you what celebrities bring?
Speaker 7: I have mister beasts.
Speaker 6: I love mister Beess what this was about mister Beast from YouTube?
Speaker 15: Yeah, he just said, two hundred million subscribers on YouTube the first they were to do it.
Speaker 6: Wow, can you picture mister Beast in your head?
Speaker 7: No, what he looks like?
Speaker 6: He doesn't look like a mister Beast. He's like a youngish guy with like a mustache and a little kind of go tee type thing. Right, Yeah, he doesn't look like a beast.
Speaker 7: That's what you think. It look like.
Speaker 6: He looks like mister generic. But he's also like it seems nice. Like I said, I think I like him. Yeah, he's a cool dude. So tell me three things about mister Beast.
Speaker 15: So the first ever check he got with a brand deal is ten thousand dollars. He's spent it all on one video. She went up to a guy who's homeless. He said, here, here's ten thousand bucks, and that's how he went viral.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 6: Really, and that's what he does a lot.
Speaker 15: Now he just gives people money, but now he gets them to do like crazy things for money, like stay in her room for like a month?
Speaker 6: Is it squid games?
Speaker 10: Ish?
Speaker 6: Does he ever make people do some they don't want to do but they want to do it because the money, but they really don't want to do it.
Speaker 15: I mean he did a whole squid game recreation and.
Speaker 6: Do people go he's taking advantage of them?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 15: He gets a little flak for that of like, hey, you're taking advantage of people who are really hard up for money, but I'll do it.
Speaker 6: But does he find people who are in need or does he just find people who want to do it?
Speaker 10: Just the subscribers he doesn't got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, then that's fine. That's anybody want to be on anything, right, So.
Speaker 10: That's how he did it. Though. He took ten thousand dollars and that's how he got famous basically.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean are a lot of things he already started building the channel and everything.
Speaker 6: But yes, and he made the commitment to just give that money away too, thinking that would pay off with views or clicks. Wow, okay, so that's number one.
Speaker 15: What else He uses psychology to get people to watch his videos.
Speaker 6: So I watched his whole podcast.
Speaker 1: He did what he does.
Speaker 15: He puts numbers in the titles of his YouTube videos. So if you see like one million written now, apparently it makes you want to click and watch the video.
Speaker 8: Oh, because you think a million views have happened or something, or million dollars.
Speaker 15: There's just something in your mind that sees a big number like that and wants to click it. But he does a lot of videos where he like compares the prices of things, So like a one dollar flight versus a million dollar flight.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'd click on that fly.
Speaker 6: But what is he talking about? Why would I get on a dollar flight? How do you buy that?
Speaker 15: It's like a guy who has like a random ole airplane, what would take on a flight for a dollar?
Speaker 16: It's an awesome video.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a real thing.
Speaker 7: It's a real thing.
Speaker 10: And then he paid a million dollars to go on a flight.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did that to a giant plane. Yeah, Wow, that's so cool.
Speaker 15: Okay, And he spends a crazy amount of money on a video for that one I was talking about, he spent seven million dollars to make that happen.
Speaker 7: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: How rich is this dude? Oh?
Speaker 6: I think he's so rich. Oh yeah, he's worth a lot of money, like hundreds of millions, probably.
Speaker 15: Like two hundred million, because his YouTube Pianel has two hundred million subscribers.
Speaker 6: That's that's awesome, that's wild. All right, mister Beast is our first show and tell. That's good. I like that because I know much about him. That feels pretty cool. Eddie, who's you bring?
Speaker 7: Tom Hanks my favorite actor in the whole wide world? Did you know?
Speaker 5: Tom Hanks has a brother named Jim Jim Hanks. He kind of looks like him, not really, but he sounds just like him. So he does the voice of Woody whenever they do like cartoons, not the movies, but whenever they spin off cartoons or the action figures.
Speaker 7: You pull the string, it's his brothers.
Speaker 6: That's Jim Hanks.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's Jim Hanks. That that's pretty cool.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 5: Also too, Tom loves old vintage typewriters. He collects a lot of them. He's got over two hundred and fifty typewriters, and some that he just gives out to fans when he sees them.
Speaker 6: I've seen him send typewriters to fans in the mail before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's postage there.
Speaker 5: And last in twenty thirteen, he was diagnosed with diabetes.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that he's diabetic. He's a Type two diabetics.
Speaker 5: So I don't think you like, right, do syringe or whatever, but let's still diabetic.
Speaker 6: What's your favorite Tom Hanks movie?
Speaker 5: Forrest Gump, hands down, but I do like Splash the old one. Well, he falls in love with the Mermaid. That's classic.
Speaker 6: I've seen that one.
Speaker 7: Oh you should. I'll put that in the hat next time.
Speaker 6: Oh god, Okay, we got to mister Bees and Tom Hanks. Uh, we're gonna come back in a second. Get to more Morgan. Who is yours?
Speaker 2: Oh it's somebody with my name Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, we'll come back. We'll get Morgan Freeman from Morgan and Lunchbox two jers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, mone's good.
Speaker 6: Who's yours?
Speaker 10: You want them to find out?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Chelsea Houseku, Yeah.
Speaker 8: That's probably am.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll come back with those. Let's just long first we got more. Okay, who's the celebrity Morgan? And give us three interesting facts about him?
Speaker 3: So it's Morgan Freeman. I did it because we share the same name. He's an expert beekeeper. He has a one hundred and twenty four acre ranch that he dedicated as a bee sanctuary. And he loves him so much that it'll visit and bring him food and he won't even wear a bee keeping suit.
Speaker 7: That's crazy, just crazy.
Speaker 6: That's gonna endo wellfl because it just takes one one bad day.
Speaker 7: Unless he narrates something for him.
Speaker 6: But they be's what stops stinging me? Geez? Okay, what else?
Speaker 3: His first acting rule came out of a form of punishment. So there was a girl in middle school he had a crush on, pulled the chair out from under her, and his teacher sent him to drama class as a punishment for that, and he fell in love with acting.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, that's awesome punishment. Yeah, I got whoops switches, he got sent to acting class. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: There's a conspiracy theory around him that he was never a baby because there are no baby photos of him. Even he has come out and said, there's simply no photos of me as a baby that exists.
Speaker 10: Huh, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: It's weird to think of him as a young person. I can't think of him as a young guy. I mean, I wasn't alive. I haven't seen pictures.
Speaker 3: And if you google pictures of him, it's like people trying to make a Morgan Freeman baby and they're kind of weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what about it?
Speaker 6: Like even young Morgan Freeman acting and the baby cries like this, what.
Speaker 7: Living?
Speaker 3: I also have a bonus one that I knew you guys would love, because you guys golf. He broke a golf record in South Africa, apparently at this place that has the extreme nineteenth.
Speaker 10: He made a par on that.
Speaker 3: And he's also known for his unique one handed swinging in golf.
Speaker 7: I do that too when I'm drinking.
Speaker 6: Okay, lunchbox has got a teen mom. Mine is a hero of mine. Right, Who's yours? I hope you not offended? Ryan Seacrest? Why I like Ryan? Amy George Straight Okay, we'll do all those coming up next. Who is your celebrity? Amy? George strait he us three interesting facts.
Speaker 8: So he met his wife and Norma in high school and it was love at first sight, but he only took her out on one date and then they had some separation and was like what wait, he couldn't stop thinking about her. He's like, man, I'm crazy. I gotta call that girl back. So he did, and then they ended up eloping.
Speaker 6: Just went to Mexico after one.
Speaker 8: Day, got married. No, I mean they got back together after the little hiatus. They went on a date, took a break, then he asked it again, and then they decided we're gonna get married. Went to Mexico, eloped because he was entering the service. He was being shipped off to Hawaii with the army, and so they got married, and he served in the army for four years and was part of an army band called the Rambling Country.
Speaker 6: Well you know those guys are bitter. I was in his band. Yeah, how's the basis for George straight? When we were on the he left and went solo. I talked him everything he knows got to be tough.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what else you got?
Speaker 8: And then he declined an invitation to the Grand Ole Opry. And it's pretty much a commitment. Thing because and Bobby you probably know this better than I. But if you are asked to be a member and you accept, you have to perform a certain amount of times. And he wanted to live in Texas and stay there. I mean he does things on his ranch and he's roping every day. He says, he tries to do that every single day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he were to be a member, he'd have to perform about once a month or twelve times. Sometimes carry'll do two shows in a night. She'll park a tour bus and do two in one night. That counts as too, but members are mostly supposed to do twelve shows a year, which is probably why.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he couldn't need the expectations, so he didn't want to commit to something he couldn't do, all.
Speaker 6: Right, is that it? Yeah? Those are mare facts, all right?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 17: Who do you have Ryan Seacrest? Okay, So apparently he has a sweet tooth. He loves candy and treats and sweets, and his apps favored his gummy bears. So maybe when he's hosting sometimes we'll have gummy bears in his back pocket. You might have saw him eating some of them.
Speaker 6: I've never seen him eat gummy bears. Okay, what else? He started the Kardashians career.
Speaker 17: He had a production company back in two thousand and seven, and it's kind of when the tape came out of Kim and it was all worked together and he Seacrest wanted to start a show like the Osbourne's because it was huge and it was the Kardashians.
Speaker 6: He started it all man, you know, made so much money off wah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And he was actually bit by a shark. He was out in the water surfing and it happened. He maybe thought it was coral at the time, but he got on shore and he actually had a tooth in him and that's how he knew he was bit by a shark.
Speaker 8: Tooth came out of the shirt.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Two thousand and eight.
Speaker 6: Wow, Crest survived shark attack.
Speaker 5: It was a baby shark lost a baby tooth. Oh, how do you not have a big bite?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: Maybe the tooth.
Speaker 6: It could have bit him, like he thought it was a rock or coral or something bit him that harder that it lost a tooth.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Wow, So shark have baby teeth?
Speaker 6: Just made that it was a.
Speaker 7: Joke because I can know how babies less teeth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he made it up. NPR is gonna call us a joke man. All right, lunchbox, what do you got?
Speaker 10: I got? Chelsea Halska.
Speaker 9: Her last name is now de Bear. She rose to fame when she appeared on sixteen and Pregnant and then teen Mom Too, guys, and let me tell you after ten years a teen Mom Too, here's something crazy. She has her own show on HGTV called down Home fab excellent show, you watch it, yes, fantastic.
Speaker 6: Where does she live?
Speaker 10: She lives in South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota.
Speaker 6: Did you know that before this segment?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 6: Because the show because.
Speaker 9: A teen Mom Okay. And she launched her own home decore line called Aubrey says, and is named after her first daughter that she had when she was sixteen. So if you want to decorate your home with stuff from a teen Mom line, Aubrey.
Speaker 7: Says, she paying you sounds like it?
Speaker 10: No, no hashtag ad hashtag never met her?
Speaker 6: Okay, oh you never met her?
Speaker 10: No hashtag dreams okay?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 9: Down Home by Dobors will be a storefront they're opening.
Speaker 6: It's all it's all commercial.
Speaker 9: No, No, they're opening a brick and mortar in the Strip Mall, a Baker Landing development just west of t exit off Interstate twenty nine.
Speaker 6: It will be a collection of home to Court hashtag ad no.
Speaker 10: No hashtag never met her.
Speaker 9: It'll be a collection of home to Court accent piece, accent pieces and furniture with an exclusive section for Aubrey says.
Speaker 7: The next one as.
Speaker 6: Basically just done promo for her her products.
Speaker 9: How amazing is that? Though those are some I don't even know what you said. She has a whole She was on teen Mom sixteen I got that far. And then she got her own HGG TV TV show agg Yeah. Then she did a home to Core line called Aubrey says, And now what would you say to Core is like decorations.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just a short word for decorations.
Speaker 9: And then they're opening a storefront like they are big enough that they are having a brick and mortar, Like Chip and Joanna get out of the way, Chelsea and Cole are coming in.
Speaker 8: Don't get out of the way.
Speaker 6: Different her husband now got it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she met him like later on and they got married. Now they have a couple of kids together.
Speaker 6: Hey, Scuba, anyway you can line her up on the phone or something.
Speaker 9: Oh boy, yeah, her dad he listens.
Speaker 10: Randy, He's a big fan.
Speaker 7: Randy. Who is it? Chelsea house guy?
Speaker 9: Well, it's the boor now, gotcha has has the line abard of it?
Speaker 6: Ye's breaking mortar breaking Aubrey home.
Speaker 10: The corp her daughter, Aubrey is as tall as her.
Speaker 8: Now corner of Highway seventy one.
Speaker 9: It's taking left at the rock is a strip mall in the Baker Landing development just west off the t exit of Interstate twenty nine.
Speaker 6: Is she likable?
Speaker 10: Very likable? People love her. She has almost nine million followers on Instagram.
Speaker 6: She has six point seven on Instagram. Looking at her right now, Yeah, he just says stuff. In fact, let me check, I'm literally looking at it.
Speaker 7: Do you make that?
Speaker 6: Why do you just say stuff?
Speaker 10: I've read that online.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 10: That was one of my interesting facts.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me am I the last one to go. Okay. My interesting facts are on David Letterman, who I watched every night Monday through Friday night as a kid. I would sneak up and watch him. He's my heros a goofy dude, super funny, and I thought, if you can be goofy irreverent, weird like that. Then if he can do that, I think I can do it. He was on the radio first, he did radio, He did local TV. He was a weatherman. He kind of got buddhis from his weather job when he congratulated a tropical storman too, a hurricane.
Speaker 7: Congratulations, that's really funny.
Speaker 8: I like, like, congratulations you grew Yeah, yeah, you graduated. But it's like now lives are at stake.
Speaker 7: That's totally something we would do.
Speaker 6: So this is like in the seventies. He has a scholarship at Ball State University for average people. There's an average student like see students. He never wore the same tie twice in the entire late night run. The Foo Fighters, his favorite band, appeared in his fine broadcast, as well as many other broadcasts as well. He used to throw pencils all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, and they'll be the crash.
Speaker 6: Because he don't want people to get stuck or get hurt by the pencil. They made the pencils with the racers on both ends so they didn't stab anybody. He had a morning TV talk show that failed miserably. They tried to do that kind of in the morning and then they flipped it, and then they did it at night and then he's the dude.
Speaker 7: He was awesome. He's the dude.
Speaker 6: That's it. Showing TEL pretty fun, huh.
Speaker 10: I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I need to get over to Third and Johnston and off highways.
Speaker 18: Over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, all right, they're showing T. All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two, we also had Shannandoah and I know that I say their name weird, Amy and I talked about it on part one. I get really confused, is it Shenandoah, Shanandoa. I also emphasized my a's and I have crispy rs. I know, listen, my voice is weird. Words are hard. So Shannandoah stopped by the studio not only to talk about out some new collaborations that they have coming one with Luke Colmb's and somebody that's been in the works as well, not released yet, but we got kind of an exclusive look about that collaboration that's been happening, and they talk about their breakup and basically what happened over that course of time and what brought them back together.
Speaker 2: So there's a really good overall interview.
Speaker 3: You can hear it right now, or you can go watch it on our YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show number three.
Speaker 1: So Bobby Bones Show interviews in case you didn't know.
Speaker 6: For a big Shnandoah show. Love Shnandoah Church on Cumberland Road. Give me to the church, Ohn McCumber nineteen eighty nine. That's number one for them. Two dozen roses if by nineteen eighty nine, number one for them. Sunday in the South.
Speaker 18: I'm can almost to your ma, Mama Prewbone game.
Speaker 6: I got so many number ones, but they're coming in now. Let's talk to them.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 6: They are Marty and Mike from Shenandoah on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now Shanandoah.
Speaker 6: This is cool for us, specially when we get to bring in, you know, musical influences, legends.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 6: You come in, yelling, roll Tide, come in, come in, sit down over here, come in, yelling and roll tide coming to my house and pee on the floor. That's what just happened there.
Speaker 13: Yes, you wore that just for us today.
Speaker 6: You know, no, I wear it every day. But I'm also jealous that you get to yell roll tied. I don't want to yell roll tige. But I'm jealous that you guys. Have you yell it? No, I refuse you. Good, Yeah, come on in. Hey, everybody good to see. Yeah, I have a seat over here. You everything's great. Do you have yours? Hey, you didn't yell roll tide? We appreciate that. You see these guys comes in and starts yelling roll tide immediately.
Speaker 13: Well, I saw your shirt from through the glass wind over.
Speaker 6: There, so yeah, you can't miss it, big and red.
Speaker 13: That's right.
Speaker 6: So how are we doing?
Speaker 11: Good man?
Speaker 6: How about you go to the microphone right then? Morning right there behind you, right at your butt. There it is back again, looking better than ever.
Speaker 13: So I got the Hey, I was just looking at the picture of us last time we did this show. I bet you we've lost two hundred pounds between the two of us. Seriously, you too, Yes, yeah, we using the mic.
Speaker 6: You gotta use you got talking to Mike.
Speaker 11: We're on the air ours.
Speaker 13: You're saying, I'm sorry, yeah, it's commercial commercial.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 7: Sorry, folks, I forgot that.
Speaker 6: Now it's like charming and hilarious.
Speaker 18: Oh actually I thought we read a commercial, but no, in the green room, Mike said two hundred and fifty, and I thought that sounded more like it. I've lost one hundred and thirty seven.
Speaker 13: I've lost seventy three.
Speaker 18: Really yeah, sixty three just going in the wrong direction, bro.
Speaker 6: And how do you feel?
Speaker 11: Oh? I feel fantastic.
Speaker 6: Would you consider it, Marty? Would you consider your haircut still to be a mullet?
Speaker 18: Well, you know, I'll be honest with you, I don't know that that that I ever had a mullet.
Speaker 6: But it's like long, like a Okay, it's not short. Maybe it's not short enough on top, but it definitely goes back. You could pin it and do a little ponytail. I have not seen. Maybe would you say that.
Speaker 8: I see it was mulletsh to me all vibes, but it's definitely mulleinish, mulletish.
Speaker 6: Like you're said, you got basically the same haircut. Yeah, pretty much, and you guys have it. That's what I like though. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 13: We're not saying barber, you're.
Speaker 6: Not being anything you aren't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 11: It, barber.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean the same gal that cuts my hair today, same gal to cut my hair years ago. Wow, Well you know you went today you went to a time there, Marb where you had it all cut off.
Speaker 6: Short you guys real hair.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you don't pull it.
Speaker 6: If you do that, people think my ha's fake all the time. I got grab it and be like yeah, yeah, yeah. So Shanado is here, which, by the way, let's let's talk new for a second. I got a bunch stuff talk about. But let's do this because I want to play the song first. Obviously, we love two Dozen Roses nineteen eighty nine, the original. If I could cry a little harder and get a little less sleep a night, love it. But then you guys did it again, but you did it with Luke Comb's. How did this whole thing come about? And how did you get Luke on it?
Speaker 18: We started getting h a text from people going, hey, man, if you used to being Luke Comb's doing two dozen Roses.
Speaker 6: It was already covering it yeah in the show.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 18: And to be honest with you, uh, two dozen Roses has become so popular. We knew before too long somebody was gonna somebody was gonna redo it.
Speaker 6: And just cover it.
Speaker 7: But somebody was going to cover it, and.
Speaker 18: Before it was all old with you know, then we would lose it, you know, I mean, that's what happens.
Speaker 6: So you did it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So so.
Speaker 18: We just figured, man, look, let's let's see if Luke won't want to do it. So I started texting Luke back and forth and we started the dialogue and and before it was all over with That's that's what happened. He got in the studio and we gotta followed.
Speaker 6: Up on the Bobby Bone Show. Now what song you think gets to the biggest crowd singing, chanting reaction church on Cumberland Roads? It does? Oh yeah, that easy, huney.
Speaker 13: They sing it from the beginning to the end too. They don't just sing the choruses.
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 6: Because though that song is a little slower and you can hear words more. But you know, I don't know. I guess this is my answer. So I wanted that to be the enswer Cumberland Road Road. Oh yeah, that's the one they do that whoa.
Speaker 10: Very loudly.
Speaker 6: Where do you play Cumberland Road in your set?
Speaker 13: Last last song we do? Two dozen Roads is right in front of it. Oh yeah, leave it with a bang?
Speaker 6: What do you start with? What's first song?
Speaker 13: Next to you?
Speaker 11: Next to me?
Speaker 6: Dang oh, I'd rather be next to you next to me. You can annoying people sing your songs back to you like that. It's awesome when no like us now not even asking you questions. We're just singing songs at you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I like at the end of the song where it goes there ain't no place it. I'd rather be next to you.
Speaker 7: Next to me.
Speaker 6: That's our part. I like that one too.
Speaker 7: Big harmony there, all right.
Speaker 6: They are doing everybody.
Speaker 7: I thank you for coming.
Speaker 6: Hey, so you guys are torn like crazy.
Speaker 13: We've always toured like.
Speaker 6: I hear you. But again you're still touring like crazy. You have like fifty more dates this year. I was looking or something like that, like why do you feel more comfortable on the road than at home? Now?
Speaker 18: You know what, she's shrewdly kind of man. This thing This thing's just really you know, taking off. You know, I'd left the band for about seventeen years, and then when I came back, you know, I figured if we was going to do it, you know, when me and Mike talked about, you know, putting the wheels back on this thing, we were gonna do it. You know, let's if we hadn't said everything we wanted to say, and we wanted to make sure that that that we got the music out there and put on the shows that we wanted to do, then man, let's let's do everything in the world we can to make that happen.
Speaker 6: Why'd you gut to stop?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean they didn't stop. I mean I left, but.
Speaker 6: You know all of you together, are you guys? So why did you guys stop for a while? Why did you stop?
Speaker 7: Marty?
Speaker 11: Well, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 18: I think I think, honestly too, I think a lot of mine was burnt out, you know, man, I mean you think we were working a lot now, I mean we were like mercenaries.
Speaker 10: We've still got T shirts that I survived.
Speaker 13: Three hundred and ten days was shing the door the first year we were out. We did three hundred and ten days away from home.
Speaker 11: Not that many show but we're we're.
Speaker 6: Sam It's travel day. Is still out on the road.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, sure is.
Speaker 18: And uh, you know, man, after about after about ten or eleven years of that, I mean that you know, it was just enough.
Speaker 11: It was enough for me, you know, it was kind of kind of burn out.
Speaker 6: And then why get back in? Did you miss it? You miss Mike Mike's caress away?
Speaker 11: Not really, Now you don't tell you the truth.
Speaker 18: You know, I had a had a little bluegrass band, and and you know, my brother Tim and I had did the Butterfly kiss this thing, uh for a little bit, and and uh, you know we just uh what do.
Speaker 6: You mean a butterfly kisses thing? Bob Carlisle song, Butterfly Kisses?
Speaker 18: Yeah, my brother Tim and I you know, we had it out. In fact, we were the one who got the Grammy on it. Wait what yeah butterfly.
Speaker 6: Kister, Yeah yeah, Bo Carlos sang it. But I'm gonna be ignorant here, and I'm okay.
Speaker 11: It was the country, the country version got the Grammy.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, good for you guys, Sucker country, you know what I mean saying that.
Speaker 18: So anyway, so it was in ninety seven, I think ninety seven. But anyway, the thing about it is is, uh uh, you know we had talked about several years before then, you know, putting the wheels back on it, you know, but we just we just didn't feel like the timing was right.
Speaker 6: Did you feel like with the overwhelming resurgence and popularity of nineties country that when you guys hit and went back out again, that it was the audience was going to be there for you.
Speaker 18: No, you know, to be honest, we were so ignorant to that at that point. No, we didn't have a clue in the world what nineties music meant at that time. I mean, we really seriously didn't.
Speaker 11: That was nine years ago.
Speaker 18: We had no idea that what nineties music meant whatsoever. I mean, we just we just felt like, you know, they was still something to say, and we believe we could say it, that there was another tune out there that we could cut, you know, that that would be you know, uh a smash. And we're in the studio right now. Well, we've actually finished up with waiting on a couple of vocals to be done.
Speaker 11: We just cut a killer with Alison.
Speaker 6: Kraus somewhere in the vicinity of the heart.
Speaker 18: Oh no, No, this is a brand new yeah, And I mean it's just I mean, it will it will absolutely rail the lumber.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that means, Marty, rail the lumber.
Speaker 11: That means it's it's feels like it hurts.
Speaker 6: I think it's like make you emotional killer what I.
Speaker 18: Mean, Yeah, it's it's very much. It's a it's a love song, I mean it really is. I mean it's a it's another it's another vicinity of the heart and and uh I want to be loved like that all all together in one, you know. And it's just I mean, it's just got a lot of it's good. It's a good tune. Well, you know, I don't know when it's coming out.
Speaker 6: I have no idea and do it like ten seconds offourse, yeah, and no singing like ten seconds.
Speaker 11: No, I can't do that.
Speaker 6: Okay. See he's not he's not giving it to us here. Okay, that's okay. You don't go jail or what music jail? I've been there ain't fun. So speaking of rail and lumber, if Bubby can dance railed my lumber, is that he's it railed my.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't think that railing lumber is what that is. And that's really actually not vulgar at all. It's just means it's bringing the timber, you know, it's exactly bringing in the mail, carrying the mask, absolutely my timber.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, you got it.
Speaker 6: You can dance, I can too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, do you heard like that song?
Speaker 6: Heck you? How are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Do not?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 13: Man, Marty wrote this song with Bob mcdille, of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well why would I not like that song?
Speaker 11: I love that on TV ordered that. Yeah, and see that's that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 6: That's you.
Speaker 13: I think that's the tempo.
Speaker 6: Too, Mike, that's it. Yeah, I got it, you got it. Go ahead, Fescher story there, bubble can dance anyway.
Speaker 18: That the tempo on that it's uh, it's a it's four on the floor. It's it's that it's that addictive beat that it's that underlying thing that people get.
Speaker 11: And you know when you.
Speaker 18: Did that that, I mean, that's that's what That's what attracts a lot.
Speaker 11: Of people to tempo songs.
Speaker 13: You know, that song almost didn't get written. Why we we were actually writing with Bob mcdeal. We'd written all afternoon with Bob. We had to leave that afternoon going somewhere on the road. We had to catch the bus, and we'd been writing all afternoon and hadn't hit on anything. And uh, Bob, we'd already put our guitars in the cases and getting ready to go, and Bob say, hey, man, you guys came out of muscle shows and the bars down there. He said, I've been seeing on uh, on these country music TV shows people doing all these line dances and stuff like that. He said, are people really doing that in these bars? And I just I don't know how they're doing it everywhere else, Bob. But you know the place we weread there was two guys and I can't remember. One of them's name was Buddy something, and the other guy I can't remember, but they always they knew how to do all the the you have to twirl the girls they get out there on the dance for it, and they could, you know, do all the dance. It wasn't lying dances, but anyway that you know, there would be girls literally standing on the side of the stage waiting for the song to be over so they could go out and get them to dance with them. And so anyway, Bob said, well that's that's pretty interesting. He said, let me run to the restroom real quick and then we'll go. So he goes to the bathroom and he comes back in and said, hey, you know what, I got an idea on what you were just saying about that those two guys. He said, I got a song title and we said what is it? And he said, if Bubba can dance, I can too. And he said, we'll make those guys beat Bubba. And so we got our guitars out and we wrote the first, first and chorus and had to go, and then Bob wrote the last verse by hisself.
Speaker 6: But I mean he gave me, He gave me confidence.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you know, if he hadn't asked question, I feel like.
Speaker 6: I can too. You know, is one of my idiot friends is doing something. It's not even just about dancing, Like if one of my buddies can do, why can't I not try it? You guys don't even know what you motivated. I wouldn't be here without that song.
Speaker 18: Well, you know it. It's funny half things had things turned about. It just kind of depends on, you know, how you want to handle anything in life.
Speaker 6: I reckon and even Russe and lumber freaking go to town real the lumber Mike, How's it?
Speaker 7: How's How's it? How's it?
Speaker 6: He's a druma coming.
Speaker 13: Good that has brought me? And you said a d debuts man.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 13: It's a brand.
Speaker 6: Is that a good brand?
Speaker 11: I love him?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's that's cats me out And again, well you never heard of cats mew?
Speaker 6: Does that mean like it's they're the best?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 18: So we're gonna head to bring y'all a book of Shanado is Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do you ever wonder if we would have named our band something different, people would have an easier time spelling it?
Speaker 10: Probably?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I've seen it spelled every week. Can be spelled on the Marquee too.
Speaker 11: I mean what's really good is when somebody goes to, hey.
Speaker 18: Uh you sho, can you tell me where Shannon's at?
Speaker 13: Oh? Yeah, Sho. Yeah that we still we still get that. People will knock on the door of the bus and it's shinning up there.
Speaker 11: I wanted I want to talk to Shannon Ted he knows me.
Speaker 6: And Shannon's a dude obviously.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You guys, uh muscleshowls. Growing up with that music culture around you, you you can you like hear that old blues like in your recordings from like the nineties, like that did did any of that rub off into your country music?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 18: I think, uh one of the one of the greatest things, uh that when we started doing what we were doing. You know, Jim Seals came from a background of of of rock and roll and and and real soulful stuff, you know, Staying came from a jazz perspective. In Ralph was as well, and in Memphis Delta blues and and uh coming out of bluegrass. Mike and myself, Uh, you know, we grew up around bluegrass music and and uh a lot of the soul that was in bluegrass music, uh, you know it, it really it really helped a lot. And and I think it kind of that there was a like a forging of of of a lot of that that was all put together, that that came together there. It's kind of like the uh, the Man of Constant Sorrow cut, you know, man, you know it sounds like right off the press of Ralph and.
Speaker 11: Carter Stanley, a man concon sorrow, you know, and.
Speaker 18: It's just you know where people actually you know, they they heard the hurt and what they were singing about. And of course up through the Appalachia, you know, that's there was a lot of that that.
Speaker 11: That went on.
Speaker 18: There's a lot of coal mining that went on and not safe coal mining and then just a hard way of living and uh and people took to that and it meant a lot to them. And when people would write songs that would be local songs that were there that just for people to listen to. They didn't do it for any industry. The stuff that they would write was, you know, they were singing to one another because it you know, everybody identified with it.
Speaker 11: Everybody knew what they were talking about. It was like parables.
Speaker 6: You know, whenever I hear you talk about bluegrass, and you can tell me I'm completely wrong. But when the lick, you know, don't church I come on the road like it's almost like a blue grassy lick in the guitar part there because it's so fast. You know, any of that bluegrass experience affect your guitar playing with some of the way you play guitar.
Speaker 10: Will it does?
Speaker 18: I mean, Jim and Mike would always make fun that the way that I would play rhythm, But you know that the only way I knew how to play.
Speaker 11: Rhythm was to keep time, you know.
Speaker 18: And it may not be on the stroke that where they felt like it needed to be, but you know, I just kind of felt like it, you know, and and for some tunes it didn't fit, you know, but to me it did.
Speaker 6: You know, like Sunday in the South didn't fit.
Speaker 11: Maybe no Sunday in the South fit.
Speaker 6: Well, well I'm wrong. I'm wrong again, I'm stupid.
Speaker 7: Go ahead and go right.
Speaker 6: Know they are Shannon and Doah. I've been here and they've been a really great guess, so quickly you guys have I'm gonna just promote these shows real quick. Get tickets at shannandoa band dot com. But Georgia, Tennessee, Midland, Texas, Clinton, Tennessee, Bowling Green, Kentucky. I would spend money to go watch you guys, and we don't get no, no, no, I'm not giving you money now. If you need a loan, we can talk interest rates. But it's like, you guys are awesome and you were a big part of me musically growing up, but you're also still good now and that's what's really cool to see you guys out still like performing at a level that's just fun to like you guys in Brooks and Done, Like I can see both of you guys perform and feel like I'm still there, but also enjoy what's happening now.
Speaker 18: Well, you know the thing that we always try to do, Bobby, and we've always tried to do it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 18: Look, you know, people to spend a little bit of money to come see us, and we appreciate that. And you know, I actually would you know, we were hired to entertain people, and we like it when folks you know, sing and they sing along and have a good time and clap their hands and hoop holler and that kind of stuff. And if we can get them, if we can get them to that spot and people, you know, really enjoy themselves and they sing along. And at the end of the evening, whether it's ninety minutes or two hours, depending on however long we play, but at the end of that ninety minutes or two hours, Uh, at the end of the evening, they feel like they were a part of a show instead of just sitting and witnessing.
Speaker 6: Won You know.
Speaker 11: Look, I've been.
Speaker 18: To shows that I that I actually liked a lot, but uh, there wasn't a whole lot of entertainment in it. You know who I went to go see, they did what I wanted them to do, and I and I enjoyed it, but there wasn't a lot of entertainment in it, you know. And that's that that's their groove, that's you know, that's that's the way they do it. But you know, as far as what we do, it's it's real high energy and and uh we try to get folks involved in what we're doing, like I say, and uh, man, we love it when people do. And and uh we've been it's been coming away pretty good here of late. You know, the crowds have gotten absolutely humongous. And uh, you know, we just brother, were still chasing the dream. It's what we're doing. We're still railing the lumber to him Maryland right now, tell what you're doing.
Speaker 6: I go o, oh, no, you're not. You're not doing it right.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, that's better.
Speaker 6: That's better than I never knew. Mother loves Huh know that song? I don't I'm singing your song.
Speaker 8: That's not mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it is.
Speaker 11: You didn't give me much to go on.
Speaker 6: You get to give to the church on the Cumberlin Roo bom boum bound give her one.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we've been rocking all night, but don't you know you've got to get me to the church on the Cumberland rue Bam.
Speaker 6: Now now I wrote that one me and Jimmy Dickey nineteen sixty four. Look, everybody go Washingna. Do I love these guys. That's why I can sit here and give them a hard time because I enjoy their music but also enjoy them as people. What I want to say before we leave here is one, check out the new song. We can't wait for the new music. You let us know when it's done. I will back in, you know, nineties, two thousands, whatever. I have friends that I have really healthy rivalries with that I am like, that's like, that's my dude. But I'm also like, we're rivals, we're competing. Do you have any rivalries or any country artists? I don't know that we here temperate? Your peers got well.
Speaker 11: I was thinking, and I was too.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 18: You know, I think the good thing about what we've been able to do is, you know, we we we just always seem to have a good relationship with you know, with everybody.
Speaker 6: Little Texas. Everyone to fight those.
Speaker 13: Guys, we used to beat their butts every day, but I'm.
Speaker 6: Talking about just kidding. Hey, look the revival tour. Shannado a band dot com get that new music done. Let us know. You guys go to these shows.
Speaker 11: I wasn't kidding about that. When we get when we get it done, I personally bring it well you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know I said you were playing in Midland. You say that was a date, right, yes? Yes, okay, So I'm gonna anytime I hear you know, Mama knows Mas your song the Eyes.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I don't know the songs I sang perfectly to them. They didn't know it, right, That's one.
Speaker 8: Of my favorite songs ever. And what it.
Speaker 11: Mama nos?
Speaker 8: Yes, And anytime I hear it, it takes me right back to middl and Odessa, to Big Daddy's Catfish and Chicken, because I went there for spring break one year and I worked like I just was a hostess. And that's where I go every single time in my mind whenever I hear it.
Speaker 13: Music's funny like that you.
Speaker 6: Pack and you're railing lumber before you even know it.
Speaker 18: I think you pressed would honest, And Trudy said it best a song remembers when yeah, it could. It literally can can transform and take you back to places that you never never thought it would, and all of a sudden you hear something and bam, you're right in the same even the same.
Speaker 8: Smell, smell the hushpuppies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, even the same smell.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: Set up to have some chicken fingers right now.
Speaker 6: I love just have some lunch right now. Yeah. So here's the thing. Set me up. I'm going to play a Church on cumber On Road. Tell me a story. What when I say, tell me a story about Church on Cuming Road, the song performing it? What story comes to mind?
Speaker 7: First?
Speaker 11: Why on?
Speaker 18: A judge told me if the T and N viewers a Choice Viewers Choice Awards, we'd had that and uh, and then we we'd had I think, uh.
Speaker 11: Two dozen rowses. Sunday had said.
Speaker 18: Anyway, so we were performing and she said, you know, are y'all y'all gonna do two dozen?
Speaker 11: I mean Church on Coming Road And I said, no, I think we're going to do.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 18: I want to be loved like that. She goes, you know, Church on Coming Road was pitched to us. We you know, we knew that wasn't for us. And I thought to myself, No, that don't sound like a judge tune to me. Anyway, I said, Man, I'm glad y'all passed on it.
Speaker 6: You know that's crazy.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean that seriously that I'll think of that sometimes, and that's that's what that's what comes to mind.
Speaker 6: And what about next to you next to me? What comes to mind when I say next to you next to me, what's what story or idea or memory?
Speaker 18: Well, I know that we never had a fiddle in the band up until that point, and uh, you know, coming out of bluegrass music, you know, I thought, you know, uh, man, and sure would be nice. My daddy was a fiddle player. Man, sure would be nice if we had. And plus Mark O'Connor fiddled it. And man Son he could you know, he he can carry the mail to anyway. But you know, by the time we got done with that and you hear all the fiddle licks on it, man, it was just man, you think, Man, surely the goodness man, this is you know, the songs already there.
Speaker 11: The fiddle just kind of kinda put the ice in on the cake.
Speaker 6: I don't always like icing that cake. I liked.
Speaker 8: I like.
Speaker 6: I super good to see you guys, see us soon. Keep killing that. We love you, and hey, we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: This was such an amazing segment.
Speaker 3: We had some listeners in studio after they dropped a note to Amy while she was on a plane and basically sharing about their son and his wish and something that he really wants to do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: We brought him in studio to kind of have that dream come true. So it was just a really really cool full circle moment and we loved having them in the studio. So you're about to hear their whole story, how it happened, why it happened, and probably get in all your fields.
Speaker 2: So maybe prepare a kleenext.
Speaker 6: Number two. Amy, So this letter was dropped off in your lap on an airplane.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you were asleep, but we.
Speaker 6: We were both on the same flight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it was like you, Caitlin me and I was the aisle seat and I yeah, I didn't even see the person. They walked by so fast like they were going in the bathroom whatever, and just dropped a note in my lap and then opened it.
Speaker 6: Up and here it is. Here we are to the Bobby Bones team. My son eight and twelve years old, is adopted from the Island of Granada. His big fan of the show. He has an inoperable brain tumor. Doing well though. His make a wish was to meet you and be on your show, but we talked him out of it because he couldn't communicate clearly at the time. I'm wondering if you could find a way to say hi to him. Could you sign this note or a selfie at the back of the plane. I didn't even know this, I was asleep. Something simple and a conspicuous or you can say bug off, grateful for what you do and represent sincerely a rebel family. Well we'd like to say bug off. So all right, let's go to the next option.
Speaker 9: No, just kidding.
Speaker 6: They're actually here today, and so the Rebel family is here. We're gonna bring him in the studio and talk to them for a second. Come on in, So, Amy, who which one do you think drop the note? Dad?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: You did? Amy said, Hey, I got this note, which, by the way, Dad, you are Jared. I'm Jared.
Speaker 10: Hi, Jared.
Speaker 6: I guess I was asleep. Was I passed out on the plane? I think you were asleep.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And just for the record, I let my wife see the note ahead of time.
Speaker 6: It's not creepy at all. It's awesome.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because you know you're.
Speaker 6: Dropping it to do with it?
Speaker 20: And he said, I just sat it between the two girls, and I was like, they're going to think you're hitting on all right.
Speaker 6: Honestly you thought you thought you didn't know, so you thought he was hitting on you.
Speaker 8: No, I didn't. We didn't know for sure who would even dropped it off, but we just we were like, what's going to be in here? Is it someone You hear about those stories of someone being like, hey, here's my number for sure?
Speaker 7: And I get that.
Speaker 6: That's why I addressed it the Bobby Bones team.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 6: That's all right, what's good. I'm glad you guys are here. And I like your glasses, buddy, they're just like mine. Those are super cool. How long you've been wearing those? No idea? I don't either, same thing COVID made me forget all all amounts of years. So what so what's going on with with with you guys as a family? So you adopted eight how long ago?
Speaker 4: It's been eight years now?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Do you like it?
Speaker 7: You like?
Speaker 6: You like mom and dad? Theyre pretty cool? Or no? Sometimes I think that's that's everybody.
Speaker 8: My kids would say the same twelve years.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yea. So tell me about where he's from.
Speaker 20: He's from the island of Grenada. So he's a Caribbean baby, and uh, he's twelve.
Speaker 6: He's twelve now, yeah, not a baby anymore. Baby.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I say he's always my baby, but he doesn't love that now he's twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we adopted him when he was four. He came home to Nashville then, and we have since.
Speaker 20: Had three more boys and a fourth one in the spring or another.
Speaker 4: So we'll have five total boys.
Speaker 6: On the way. On the way, you grab your stomach, I never know if that means like you're having gas right then or if she's pregnant and I'm not.
Speaker 4: Fin absolutely, yeah, so we'll have five boys.
Speaker 20: He's not thrilled about a fifth boy. He said he's moving out. So if anybody has space.
Speaker 6: I have space for you. Yeah, I got it. I got a basketball court too, I got I got PlayStation five whatever.
Speaker 4: You see him again?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I'm super glad that you could come up here and hang out. What do you think about the room?
Speaker 10: Aiden?
Speaker 6: Is it bigger than you thought? Have you ever seen what we look like, oh, yeah, you saw that. I'm sorry. I'm sorry and you saw that.
Speaker 10: Did you?
Speaker 7: What was your favorite dance that he did?
Speaker 6: I was about to say that was my favorite too. I jumped off the table like mc hammer was awesome. Mc hammer actually tweeted me after that and was like, I don't know what I just saw, but I think it was good. So, so what do you like in school? Aiden? Do you have any favorite subjects?
Speaker 7: Diss?
Speaker 6: Is that a subject?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: That's when you just go home?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I get it.
Speaker 6: I think that's her favorite part of this show, too much walks out of Yeah, for sure, their favorite parts dismissal as well. Yeah, So do you go to Benton Hall Academy? Is that your school? You like them? What's their mascot?
Speaker 7: There? Thunder Hawks?
Speaker 6: What's a what's a thunder hawk? I have no idea either. I know what a hawk is and what thunder is.
Speaker 20: His teacher is wanting a shout out because she's a big fan of the show, so she's so.
Speaker 6: Excited shout her out.
Speaker 11: Aiden.
Speaker 4: Can you say hey to your teacher? What's her name?
Speaker 6: He missed? Click?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 7: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Click? Miss clicks miss click hey? From us too?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 6: Shout out, how's how's Aiden good? How's health?
Speaker 20: Aide's doing well, he's stable with all the medical things he's going through. And our last MRI report it was very, very minute, but the tumor was shrinking. Is the first time that we've seen that happen. So we're not out of the woods, but it's trending in a positive direction. That's awesome, really thankful.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm thankful that you guys dropped off the note too. And I'm thankfully he didn't think you were hitting on her because we've never we never got.
Speaker 7: It, you know.
Speaker 6: And yeah, exactly, And why didn't you drop it off? It'd have been safer for you to.
Speaker 20: Drop it off, it would have. He was in the aisle, so that's probably why. And and you said that you.
Speaker 4: Showed it to me, but you told me after the fact what you said.
Speaker 6: I do that to our LII, to my wife. Yeah, it's fine, like you get up.
Speaker 4: To go or it's like to go give it to you.
Speaker 6: Like I do that all the time too. I'm like, I know I did this. She goes, no, no, no, this is how you did it. You did it two days after as well, I'm like.
Speaker 4: I say, that to him, and he's like, but I thought, I'm pretty sure. I thought I said.
Speaker 6: This, Okay, did I not? I showed you to note after.
Speaker 4: You got up, and I was like, too much, give them this note.
Speaker 6: Your handwriting is pretty good though, decent Yeah, not bad for a plane.
Speaker 7: Yeah for a dude.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So what do you what do you do?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 19: A professional presenter? I do that in the trades and construction industry.
Speaker 6: What do you mean that's a fair question. Yeah.
Speaker 19: So I go around the country and I give presentations to help bolster the trades. So getting kids and getting folks interested in the trades, construction industry, et cetera.
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 19: So inspirational speaking speaking that.
Speaker 6: Sort of thing about construction.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but trying to get people to understand the value the organce. People don't grow up and say I want to be a roofer, right, but I guarantee we are all grateful for rufers when it's right things of that nature.
Speaker 6: And it's like rufers can make some really good money too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's cool there.
Speaker 7: Put.
Speaker 6: I never really knew the value of someone who drove a big rig until I went and had to actually learn about it myself. And get a CDL and see how much we depend on people driving those trucks across the country. And again, same thing. Nobody goes in fifth grade. I want to be But it's like, and you can make somewhat. You have a good life too, that's pretty cool, and you are.
Speaker 4: I'm an author and a television producer.
Speaker 6: I feel like faith is kind of what brought you guys here and with Aiden and with what you're doing generally. I mean it feels like that from just talking to you guys. Is that true?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 20: Yeah, Yeah, I think our faith is definitely the foundation of what started to build our family, and we see definitely the trace of that in our life when we look at So we lost several adoptions before Aidan, and had any of those worked out, he wouldn't have come home. And when he did, and then we were able to kind of chase down what he needed medically, we discovered that all the top doctors for what he needed are here in Nashville, So he was always meant to make it here. Yeah, he says, my sister, he's talking about one of the adoptions that we lost. So he's just now like learning the story of her and how she you know, didn't get to come home, and so he's kind of like working through that too, especially since he doesn't have any sisters and he's not going to have sisters.
Speaker 6: Now sounds like it's all boys all the time, Aid and all boys. Yes, yeah, well, Aid And it's really good to meet you, buddy. I'm glad that we get to come up and hang out for.
Speaker 18: A little bit.
Speaker 6: And if you I would like to give Aidan something I don't know would give big Sonic up.
Speaker 12: Oh he could take that.
Speaker 6: What do you want? What can we give you, Aiden that they won't fit in your car.
Speaker 7: It's huge.
Speaker 6: That one's like five foot tall. We got something for you.
Speaker 8: It's starting to get cooler outside. Do you ever do you wear beanies in the winter? Okay, we have Pimp and Joy beanies.
Speaker 6: We're gonna set you up. Yeah, you're gonna be good to go. Well, thank you guys for coming in. I hope this was as fun as you thought it might be. Yeah, thanks for having me Aidens. You have fun. The whole point was to hang out with you for a few minutes. And I hope you keep trending in the right direction. Your glasses. Don't let anybody tell you they're not cool, because that means mine aren't cool, Okay, and you let me know if anyone says that. All right, buddy, all right, there they are the Rebel Family, Crystal, Jared and Aiden.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: We ended the week this week with a really fun segment Everybody loves blind Karaoke and they were like late nineties, two thousands hit songs, and it was so fun to see this all go down because I'm gonna tell y'all right now, you guys always anticipate that it's gonna go a certain way.
Speaker 2: This time it did not go a certain way.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like something happened and you're like, oh, that's not good, but it's funny at the same time. So without further ado, it's the number one spot blind Karaoke Number one.
Speaker 6: You gonna play blind care Yoki. We have drawn for the order. The first person performing today and no need to walk up there yet will be lunchbox OOO.
Speaker 10: Usually don't start. The opener is the best act.
Speaker 6: But whatever you do it, iHeart Ready Music Fest.
Speaker 10: That's true basically alright.
Speaker 6: So here's the thing we have Ricky on the phone we're gonna give Ricky a chance to want a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card from Hyundai. Ricky, that's quite the.
Speaker 7: Prize, you sir.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't want to know who you pick because I'm one of the judges. So I'm gonna put you on hold, and you're gonna tell Abby the person you're picking, and then we will judge the competition, and if it's the right person that you pick to win it, you win the prize. Okay. The people playing are Amy, Eddie, Abby and Lunchbox. Okay, Ricky, don't tell me who you want, but I'm gonna have you tell Abby and keep it secret so it doesn't affect my scoring.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: And you live in Austin, Texas and your day going okay, everything good, just checking in.
Speaker 14: So far, so good, Ready for the weekend.
Speaker 6: I feel that feel that me too, buddy, Right, all right, all right, I'll put them on hole. Don't let me know who it is. Thanks to our friends at Hunday two hundred fifty dollars gift card, visit a local Hundai dealer for a test drive and telling Bobby Bones was the person you're heard talking about it because that will help us, apparently, and that'd be awesome for us. Hundai. It's your journey and Hyundai's, you know, sponsoring this here. Let's do it up. First to spin the wheel is Lunchbox all songs from the nineties. Which one do you want? You have all the small things you have baby one more time? Britney Spears, you have Bop Genie in a bottle, wanna be Spice Girls, All Star, smash Mouth Mambo number five, lou Bega, that's a jam.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you don't care, No, it don't matter, folks.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go. Let's wait, wait, we have our person ray here you pick, you have them? Yep, Okay, let's.
Speaker 10: Spend now, boy, I was home for some different lunchbocks.
Speaker 6: You will be singing smash Mouth all Star. You got this and read would play club for him?
Speaker 21: Now came on, go play hey now.
Speaker 8: You want to?
Speaker 10: All right, let's go. All Star is what I was?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 6: That's what you were as a kid, an All Star star?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, Keith no teeth, Keith bout Coney's bread shout out.
Speaker 6: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, let's just leave that there, man, I'll just leave that there all right. I just didn't know if you could see my thrusting.
Speaker 6: Man. Mm hm does it start right here?
Speaker 10: The Chinese of the Chinese.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't even know where it starts, but you can try whenever you're ready. Here we go and action, oh action me oh oh, here we.
Speaker 10: Go Chinese of the Chinese Chicken.
Speaker 9: The drums starts Chicken and I look at it, look a look in and you know what they say, Oh, hey, you're an all star.
Speaker 11: Get your game on.
Speaker 10: Go play where you're gonna get your game on.
Speaker 9: Go down to that bar and you see her and you say, hey, girl, I'm an all star. I'll show you how. You come back to my place and we do a little of this, a little that.
Speaker 6: She's like, dang, he.
Speaker 10: Really is an all star, all star.
Speaker 6: He got his game on. He'd go play.
Speaker 9: If you want to see how he knows how to play. You say, hey, he's an all star. He'll play around with you and you and you and you.
Speaker 10: Hey, now you're an all star.
Speaker 3: They go play you got gay, Hey you're an all star.
Speaker 10: Upside damn. Chinese of the Chinese Chicken and the Drug Key's Chickens and.
Speaker 9: A look at a looking licking author Chicken.
Speaker 6: Good line karaoke. Yeah, a wild mashup of bare naked ladies one week.
Speaker 16: Oh it's not the same song.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, oh my man.
Speaker 7: Yeah but it was cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah I think it is.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 10: Pretty cool, man.
Speaker 6: So the three judges will go one through five. Put your score down. We'll combine the scores here.
Speaker 10: I'd say that's the best performer of the day so far.
Speaker 6: All right, let's watch. You can have a seat. Thank you very much, you guys. Let's get the judges their scores in here.
Speaker 7: Yes, I guess not there. You want me to do another one?
Speaker 6: All right, next up Eddie? Okay, okay, all right, here goes Eddie. Oh boy, judge, you get scoores in Eddie. Any song that you'd.
Speaker 10: Like up here?
Speaker 6: Yes, if it's all blind karaoke, so you have to know the lyrics or faked lyrics.
Speaker 7: I would really like want to be by the Spice Girl.
Speaker 6: Oh, A lot of lot of energy in that one?
Speaker 7: Is that one I know all.
Speaker 6: The words to? All right, let's really man that damn Eddie, you'll be doing Mambo number five one. Let's go bager. Here's a clip in My life were we yelling at yesterday.
Speaker 7: I don't know where we It sounds familiar, crump, I don't know. Come on, Oh my gosh, I'm gonna nail this one.
Speaker 6: Ray Are you ready? Here is Eddie Blind Karaoke doing Mambo number five.
Speaker 22: All right, Ricky from Austin, Texas.
Speaker 7: This one's for you. One two three four five. Stop just kidding.
Speaker 22: One two three four five. Everybody get down and let's ride. You and me going to the corner. We're gonna drink some gin and juice. I know you wanna.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna drive in the driver's seat.
Speaker 22: You're gonna sit next to me in the passage the seat.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go a really fascinate wha. What's your name?
Speaker 10: The trumpet?
Speaker 22: A bit of Monica on your side, A little bit of Jessica on my ride, A little bit of riders all you need a little.
Speaker 7: Bit of Teina all. I need a.
Speaker 22: Little bit of Monica and Jessica, a little bit of Rudy and Tuty, then beauty.
Speaker 6: This my girls, Oh my girl.
Speaker 7: A trumpet?
Speaker 23: Wow, Wow, Okay, Ricky loved that one.
Speaker 6: Judges just scores down.
Speaker 10: You don't know if Ricky picked you, man.
Speaker 7: I don't know that. I think he did.
Speaker 6: You are done? How do you feel?
Speaker 7: I feel great? Did you hear that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We're going to the corners a lot of energy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, all right, your answers down, teams, we'll go take a quick break. We gotta come back in a second and we will go to Abby. We rolled the die, so Abby goes and then Amy closes the show. We don't know who Ricky picked blind karaoke. Let's come back and you can't repeat. I'd like for somebody to get though. For the record, I think cool. Okay, Lunchbox and Eddie both performed.
Speaker 7: We killed it.
Speaker 6: Two performers left is blind karaoke. We don't see any words. You sing it best you can. You either know it or you make it up up next our resident vocalist. Oh yeah, yeah, everybody now, now Ricky's on the phone. Ricky's picked somebody. We don't Oh you know who it is?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So you okay, so Abby, he didn't help her at all if she picked If he picked her, she'll want to win. If he didn't pick her, she'll want to win.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I understand. Were Yeah, you guys are looking at.
Speaker 6: Middle cross eyes. What are you ready Abby spinning?
Speaker 4: All right, let's spin.
Speaker 6: All songs from the nineties. It lands on Bob. Oh she got it like Abby got Hanson. Here's a clip. How do you feel about this song and performing it?
Speaker 12: The chorus good? The beginning is very far.
Speaker 10: Aren't they your neighbors? They're from Kansas, right, they're from Oklahoma?
Speaker 6: Close?
Speaker 10: Same thing, Oh neighbors.
Speaker 6: State neighbors. Yep, that's what you meant. Good. Okay. Here she is Abby doing Hanson and Bob blind karaoke.
Speaker 12: Oh and it it's easy.
Speaker 21: In his life, I didn't know what I wanted.
Speaker 12: To do, But here I am in this room singing for you.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah else Oh ye, So now I'm missed.
Speaker 12: So worse because I don't really know what's going on. But I'm gonna sing it in the ways I'm gonna singing it.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, yeah, no, no, no, sing it? Who where is that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: My stip doom up?
Speaker 12: Stift do.
Speaker 6: Up?
Speaker 21: Oh do I'm whoa h my stud doom up?
Speaker 10: Just just answer this question, But just answer this question. Did Ricky pick?
Speaker 6: You don't have to say no, say nothing, no, no, I don't want to say it right now.
Speaker 10: He knows his dream is over he did.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Abby, Abby, that was terrible. It wasn't that you sang bad. You gave up like a quitter. You're not the person that I raised. Don't quit the course, it doesn't matter. Make up acurd you hear lunchbox. He'd have a freaking clue what language it was in. I don't like if you had a little bit of him. Yeah, so killed, Abby. I'm sorry, thank you. You can't give her a zero scuba cuba all right, one boy, okay, we keep all our scores up there, Abby, thank you. That was painful, all right, And finally started again, and then she just had no confidence. Who cares if you suck or.
Speaker 10: She was like, oh there it is no, No, that's not no, it's.
Speaker 6: Not like And then also let's say you don't you try, No, you don't hit.
Speaker 10: Who cares?
Speaker 6: Don't even none in yoh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she started really well, she thought whatever is kept saying all that, that's not it, and I'm like, no one knows if it's in or not, like we don't know.
Speaker 6: Songs full of gibberish. All right, Amy, do you have a preference?
Speaker 8: Nope? Okay, here we go, come on, None of them really, Amy.
Speaker 6: Your song is blank one eighty two All the small Things. Oh that's your That's a good one though. Yeah it's easy to sing to late night anymore, but you get to hear words of the song.
Speaker 14: Oh small things, trucares.
Speaker 6: One lift, you're right, okay, here we go, Ready, Amy, are you ready?
Speaker 8: I think i'll see if I know where.
Speaker 6: To go on you in because I'm not them in all the time. Yeah, I'll try to feel it as a matter of fact. And he started singing. Then I un nodded him, and you go, oh okay, I turned on lunchboxing every time looking at me.
Speaker 8: Okay, walked out emers.
Speaker 11: Oh no, are here we go?
Speaker 6: Blind Faraoki, late.
Speaker 8: Night, come home too scared in the dumb you say, I know you'd be at my show watching waiting come miss they're faiting. And then I get home and my mom.
Speaker 6: Is like, where have you been?
Speaker 8: Say you ain't, so I will not go. I will turn on carry me home.
Speaker 1: Say the saw things?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no no no, no?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 6: Pretty good? Where is all the small thing? Okay? Well no again he starts off.
Speaker 7: I think it's a start.
Speaker 6: It's the start of it, right, Yeah, it's very first.
Speaker 11: All the small things you said late night.
Speaker 7: And it works?
Speaker 6: That was the lyric. Here works up.
Speaker 8: I know I thought he lived with his mom. I could have sworn I get some funny another song and his mom he ain't, so I.
Speaker 6: Will not go turn the lights up carry me.
Speaker 7: But Amy's version was cool, though. Did take me home? I'll turn on?
Speaker 8: What was that the dome commisser rating?
Speaker 6: Okay, write your scores down, everybody? Everybody okay, and he gets it down, thank you. All the scores are okay.
Speaker 7: Are you feeling good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good at the combined scores here.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's a two horse race, you know.
Speaker 8: I hit my tooth on the microphones.
Speaker 6: Eddie is like rock out and that she rocks out her mouth on You're gonna knock yourself out blind karaoke. Okay, let's put Ricky up because Ricky has picked somebody. Ricky don't say who it is yet. But how do you feel right now? Uh?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm not too sure how I feel right now? Did you pick Abby? Yes?
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 10: Oh he's dead.
Speaker 9: It's over this, rick You got no shot, man like I hate to tell you, but you lost man.
Speaker 16: You should have hung up seeing you should have said bye, Ricky?
Speaker 6: Why did you pick Abby?
Speaker 18: I just had a good feeling, you know, just sunded good on the phone.
Speaker 6: Or it's shn like you get some maybe some vocal training. This more.
Speaker 14: I thought she was gonna be on point?
Speaker 6: Yeah what she Honestly?
Speaker 15: I couldn't hear it.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll say the same thing.
Speaker 7: She was good.
Speaker 6: We give her an in complete Okay, Abby, lowest score three? Mm hmm?
Speaker 8: Can we can we let him switch?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 6: It was about so she quit that song is I can't believe I raised a quitter.
Speaker 8: I didn't quit?
Speaker 16: Did you quite?
Speaker 6: Like three times? I don't know what do we do? What do we work on?
Speaker 4: Keep going?
Speaker 6: Just go commit, keep going. You'll do better next time. Hey, Ricky, who do you think? One? If you're judging, I couldn't hear anything while I was on hold.
Speaker 7: But if I'm just shooting at dark.
Speaker 6: He couldn't hear never mind dark.
Speaker 10: Yeah, shoot a dart, go ahead, I'm gonna go with erdie.
Speaker 7: That's a good just shot at dart.
Speaker 6: Okay, Ricky did not win. We cannot give him the prize. I know, uh have you with three points with seven points. Well, that means an average score of basically two point three.
Speaker 10: Pretty solid, guys, that's Amy, Hey.
Speaker 7: Two horse rays, let's go due.
Speaker 9: We put the gauntlet down in the beginning and they had to follow that night.
Speaker 6: Felt so Lunchbox saying smash Mouth All Star with a mashup of baronage ladies one week. It wasn't bad, honestly, really they sound the same man. And then Eddie sang Lubaga Mambo number five.
Speaker 10: Nailed it.
Speaker 7: That's the problem. I nailed that one.
Speaker 6: And I'll say this, there's only a one point difference.
Speaker 7: One point.
Speaker 13: Oh boy, you.
Speaker 10: Didn't have Jese the Chinese chicken in yours.
Speaker 18: I did.
Speaker 7: I had Rudy and Tuti.
Speaker 6: One of you had. One of you had ten points, meaning you averaged three point three.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 6: One of you had nine, which means you averaged three. So one of you actually got a four.
Speaker 10: Whoa, that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 7: It is pretty impressive.
Speaker 10: Coome on vote, Amy, if you're voting, who would you vote for?
Speaker 8: I have to say, am I supposed to say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we won't count, but yeah, Lunchbox, Yeah?
Speaker 7: What oh Nail Morgan?
Speaker 8: Who want to pick somebody?
Speaker 2: Were basically Eddie's energy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I was very close. The winner with ten points is Eddie.
Speaker 7: Yeah you have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna say that you have. Mike need to think because Scuba, Steve and I gave both you guys threes and he gave Lunchbox three all the way. But but Mike d gave you a four on Eddie, you're the only four? Wow?
Speaker 7: Wow Mike? Can I ask you why you decided to do that?
Speaker 10: Because you were in a cowboys?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: That was fun. It's a good performance and that's it. Guys. It's all about fun.
Speaker 6: People come see live music for fun.
Speaker 10: I was fun.
Speaker 7: You were like it was good? What you came up?
Speaker 6: Okay, you're not you're not. You're not mentoring. I don't Eddie? You are winner?
Speaker 11: You want to close?
Speaker 6: You do you want to do? Girls?
Speaker 7: Give me spice?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 6: Will you hit him with some spice? Girls? All right?
Speaker 10: I tell you what?
Speaker 7: So tell me what you want when you really really wrong?
Speaker 6: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna. I want to.
Speaker 7: If you want to be want want uh huh here.
Speaker 14: If you want to be my lover, with my can with my thinking forever friendship never, If you want to be my love.
Speaker 7: Sood store from Eggs.
Speaker 22: If you want to kill me, you've got to delround around.
Speaker 6: That's me get.
Speaker 21: I want to.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week sh with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, that's it for this weekend. It's always fun hanging out with you guys every weekend. I can't thank you enough for listening, for downloading, for streaming.
Speaker 2: I'm just really.
Speaker 3: Glad to have you guys here with me every weekend. So make sure you go to follow the Bobby Bone Show. It is at Bobby Bone Show on All the Things, and I am at web girl Morgan on All the Things.
Speaker 2: Also a lot of content up there.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of travel photos, some reels and stuff that y'all might relate to.
Speaker 2: So follow me and hang out with me on socials. You can more than likely hear back from me on Instagram, probably more than any of the other ones.
Speaker 3: So if you have a question, can turn advice, hit me up in the DMS.
Speaker 2: I'd love to talk to y'all. All right, guys, have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 14: There's Bobbyball so