Speaker 1: The best Bits of the week with Morgan's Listener Q and day Time We're.
Speaker 2: Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 1: What's up everybody Listener Q and a Time with Mike D. We are both cozy and our homes with the snowstorm apocalypse at City Nashville. Mike, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I love a snowstorm when I don't have to go out, like when I don't have to be anywhere.
Speaker 2: I love staying at home.
Speaker 3: My favorite part is at night, whenever there's that snow glow where you like look outside and it's like orange looking. It just feels so peaceful. That is my favorite part of it.
Speaker 1: You know me too. And I kept up my Christmas tree just so I could truly have a white Christmas.
Speaker 3: Same about there's snow outside, you have the Christmas tree on, it just feels cozy.
Speaker 1: Yes, And we have to have at least one of those moments a year and then I'll be okay taking it down.
Speaker 3: How long are you keeping all your Christmas stuff up? Because we're still full Christmas over here.
Speaker 1: Same, I don't have a plan date in this moment in time, so it could be up through the end of January could be up into February. I'm pretty sure last year I kept it up through the end of February. I just was really enjoying it, So we'll see if I can beat that time. When are you guys taking your sound?
Speaker 3: I think going into this, we were saying this is our last week. I think no storm might be the end of it. So we'll see you though.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're doing better than I am. Part of me is just also lazy, and I don't really once need the effort to take it down, all right. Starting with this shout out from Kathy and Boston, she said, I just wanted to say I love hearing him on the show, so shout out Mike.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that, Kelly.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like it feels weird to say I love hearing those things. But sometimes just like, oh yeah, people know I exist.
Speaker 1: They absolutely know you exist. All right, we're getting into these questions now. This first one's like odd, but I obviously want to bring it up because I don't know how or why she thought this. Maybe because your wife tutors some of the kids in the family. But Katie said, is Mike's wife still a teacher?
Speaker 2: Never been a teacher.
Speaker 3: She did do some tutering. She's very smart, much smarter than than I am. She teaches me things, so in that sense, she is a teacher. No, she also doesn't tutor anymore. She did that in college and then just loves teaching kids and I think that's always fun for her. But now with her job, she just can't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: And what is her job? Just so the people can know that she's not a teacher.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know if she'd want me to say not that it's yeah, but she not a teacher.
Speaker 1: Not a teacher, Okay, just confirming for everyone out here. I think I'm assuming that's why they think that's because she did help tutor like Amy's kids and Eddie's too, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she's talked about her job in college, which she worked at the University of Texas, so she's always been around education.
Speaker 1: Got it, Okay, So just some confusion there. Alissa and Illinois would like to know if you have any concerts, big trips events planned for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: You know, going into this year, I said to myself and said to my wife, I'm a little bit over concerts.
Speaker 1: Wow, And I think.
Speaker 3: It was last year, I kind of completed my list of artists that I'd never seen. I've now seen all my big favorite artists. I've seen Blanklin eighty two, I've seen Green Day, Post Malone in a stadium setting. I don't know that there's anybody else that I would want to see to pay the amount of money that concerts cost these days. Yeah, I think the only other person would probably be Tyler the Creator, but he just announced that he's doing Bonnerout, and I don't want to go to Bonnaroo. So there's really no one else that I am dying to see in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: And I think, why don't you want to go to Bonnaru. I like festivals were your thing though, especially like you used to do the the mosh pit festivals.
Speaker 3: Yea, but Bonnaru is like you have to go in camp and be out far away, like if that if Bonnarou was like in Nashville, I would go one hundred percent. But I'm not about that life of going somewhere and camping out, Like I would love to go to Coachella, but I don't want to do that whole experience.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm past going to festival.
Speaker 3: The only festival I could really ever see myself going to now is maybe Lollapalooza, but that's just because I love Chicago and usually has a really good lineup. But I think for twenty twenty five, unless it's a smaller concert, like a smaller band that I like that's playing a club or like a medium sized venue, I think outside of that, I'm not too into going to concerts this year.
Speaker 1: That's funny. It's funny you say that because I literally we had done a bowling thing the other night and it was really awesome. It was for a charity event. But I looked at Lunchbox and I was like, I don't think I can do all the events this year. I think I'm tired. Like last year, I feel like I tried to do everything and go to all the shows, and I was like, I tired.
Speaker 3: I think for me, like I feel like I'm a little bit jaded by the concert experience, just because with our job, we have been able to go to a lot of concerts, and I'm grateful for that, like we get free tickets a lot of time to go to these concerts. I guess it's that I want something a little bit more out of the experience, and unless somebody that I'm going to see is going to put on like a real production where there's which is obviously an expensive thing to do. Touring is more and more expensive for artists, so I can see why some things are scaled back. But unless I'm going to something that feels like a big art piece and they have a lot of different sets and stages and costume changes and it feels like a big production, I don't think at this point I could justify the price of having to pay for concert tickets and not getting something that I feel is worth my money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do feel like that's how a lot of people are starting to feel with concerts. So hopefully in twenty twenty five the price has come down at least a little bit. I would be ideal for.
Speaker 2: Like real fans.
Speaker 3: That's what's the thing about, Like people who love these artists and want to go see them, and they can't go see them because tickets get bought up and then they're resold at an incredible amount and you can't even go see your favorite artists. So you're not even feeling filling these stadiums with real fans.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, you know twenty twenty five. Let twenty twenty five be the year that all those ticket masters scammers are gone with the wind. Yeah, what do you do to discipline yourself for running and eating? Ride? This is from Bobby, not Bobby Bones Bobby with I E.
Speaker 3: I think with running, I set out every week to kind of have a mileage I want to hit, and I just make a point of my day to do it before I want to power down. So I try to whether it be usually like the first thing after work, I'm like, I'm gonna go get this run, and because if I wait and do it later, I'm not going to do it. And that's the only way I've been able to discipline myself of getting it out of the way as soon as possible. I think that's with anything, with running, going to the gym, ending in my life, the things I don't want to do, I try to do first because you do them, you get them out of the way, then it's not such a big deal, and then you're done. You have the rest of the day to do whatever else you want. It's about doing those things you don't want to do when you don't want to do them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're really good about that you have really good discipline, and discipline is something that you have to teach yourself. For sure. It sounds something that comes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Actually, I think for me, it probably took like a solid three months to kind of build that up in my head, and even like a full year until it really became like a part of my DNA. So it does take some time. Because I have shared my story of losing weight. I've lost over one hundred pounds and kept it off I think for going on eight or nine years now, and it's that kind of discipline you gain knowing that it's not going to happen super quick and not going to happen overnight that really allowed me to do it because I failed a lot of times before it actually stuck. And I don't talk about those times. Most people don't talk about those times. You remember the time that you actually accomplishment. Accomplish it. But there were a lot of times where I would try to develop these habits and I wasn't disciplined. I was motivated, and I'd get motivated for like two weeks maybe a month, but after that, I'm like, all right, I'll just go back and I fail this time. So there was a big difference in once I actually got disciplined of like put things in place and gave myself these parameters to work in that it ends up sticking. So it is hard to do. But I think it's once you form that habit. It does take a few months, maybe a year, that it'll kind of just get built into you and then now I just don't even think about it. It's just kind of how I roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're you're great at that. You're you should be like the motivational speaker for discipline. You've nailed it.
Speaker 3: It's really all just about developing a routine. I think I'm about I love checking things off a checklist. So it's having that routine and having that checklist of like Okay, I'm gonna do this, I'm going to do that, And as soon as that's checked off, that's just comforting to me because I'm like, Okay, I did it.
Speaker 2: I can move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do love a checklist too. Isn't it weird how we all like love that feeling of like oh mark that off, oh mark that off, like the feel good feeling.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 3: I have a note that I'm like a working note where I just put all the things I want to do that day, and there's just some comfort of doing it and then clearing it off the list and clearing off the note.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Absolutely. What is the latest braces update, Jenna.
Speaker 3: I have an appointment in a couple of weeks where I'm gonna basically say I need these things off because I was supposed to have them off last summer, and my orthodontists and my dentist have been working together to try to fix some things and there's a lot more going on in my mouth and just straightening my teeth.
Speaker 2: There is there's like teeth that.
Speaker 3: Don't line up a specific way, and I need to get implants in, and they're trying to shift my bite a little bit because I have like a weird not even just the overbite, but a crossbite, which I didn't really know was a thing I did either to me so miss a line that we spent the last six months of last year trying to get that fixed. So my teeth are straight and I could get them off now and move on to the next part of this, but I kind of allowed them to. I trusted them and saying like, hey, we think we can work on this. And get this fixed. But I think I'm at that point now where I think I just want them off, like it is what it is. I don't think I'm trying to get perfect teeth. I think I've already felt a lot more confident where they are now and in my appointment that I have coming on me, Like, yo, how can we just move on of this now like we tried it. I don't think it's going to get there. I'm just ready to have these things off. I'm turning thirty four this year. I don't think I want to turn another age and still have them on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean you have to do whatever makes you feel happy and comfortable versus you know what everybody else is trying to get you to do too, so I bet they would. But also like, if you want to keep doing it, keep doing it if it feels good to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I don't mind having them like, it's more so the people who are comment on everything I post saying when are you getting those off?
Speaker 2: You've had those forever?
Speaker 3: Like I know, guys, like I am the person wearing these, I'm aware. I'm not unaware that I like, oh I still have them on. I'm aware and I am the one going to all my appointments and doing all these things and paying for it. I am fully aware that I've had them for a long time, and I think the thing I've just kind of felt in the last few months is like I'm also just sick of having them on my teeth, and like they've tried. They've added more things tom and more things poke me in my mouth. Yeah, they affect the way I speak a little bit. So I think I've reached my endpoint on that where even I'm at that point where I don't want to move forward with them anymore as far as like trying anything else. So I've reached the point that some people have reached online.
Speaker 2: Of being sick of them.
Speaker 1: A dang online people man that I mean, it is not at all in any way the same, But there was a part of me, like I'll be lying if I said I didn't get rid of my banks because I was just tired of dealing with people call me about it, Like, I do understand that.
Speaker 3: It sucks when you post something it has nothing to do with it, and that's all people want to bring attention to. You're like, I just made this really great post and all he cares about what is on my face or what is on in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Literally, you're like, there's nothing else going on in your life that it's more important than asking that question. But that's why I say, like I did. I I got rid of mine finally because I was tired of stiling them because they were how much effort and work. But like, I did that for me, So just do it for you, though, don't do it for the fricking people online, because you gotta do whatever is gonna make you happy. They're gonna do it regardless, and unfortunately, even if you get them off, then they're gonna have something else new that they're gonna constantly comment on. So from after that, I listen, I don't know what they find. They find things, I promise you they find things. They're crazy over there. All right, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back. What movie are you most looking forward to in twenty twenty five? This is from Ashley.
Speaker 2: Before I saw.
Speaker 3: The Superman trailer, it was the New Captain America. But I think after seeing that Superman trailer, I think that is the one I'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: To the most.
Speaker 1: Don't say that the New Captain America gets me hyped every time I see it.
Speaker 3: It looks great, Red Hulk looks great. I think Harrison Ford is going to be amazing in it. I can't wait to see how Anthony Mackie steps up, and now that they're using more about the fight between Red Hulk and Captain America, I think that is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see what other characters are introduced, because they have to introduce some other people in this movie. I think this is gonna be a big piece for Marvel. But when you look at superhero movies right now and where people stand on them, I think what is gonna happen with the Superman movie is going to be so much bigger of a statement of superhero movies for the next one year specifically, but for the next five years. I think that is going to set an entirely different trajectory of creating that divide between Marvel and DC, which Marvel has always been seen as the best. DC has always been seen as the bomb. But I think if that movie comes out and is as successful and changes the tone and really shows you what DC characters are about, that is also going to make Marvel have to be better. So I think it's gonna be the competition between those two studios that we need. It's like Coke and PEPSI like those two are competitors and it makes sodas better. I think if DC can step it up and put out movies, then not only fans love, but also make a lot of money. That's going to challenge Marvel to keep making movies that are also still testing that because they're gonna have real competition, especially especially if they start putting out movies around the same time and battling against each other. So I have also not been the biggest Superman fan just in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Like he feels a lot more classic to me.
Speaker 3: The comic itself dates way back before me, and I feel if they can humanize him a little bit more and broaden what people feel about Superman, I think that'll definitely change that perspective.
Speaker 1: You know what what made him a little bit more human for me was watching It's called the small ms Smallville. I think it's called Smallville with uh what'd you ask me?
Speaker 2: C W show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was a CW show, uh or maybe Whovill, but it was it's about it's about Superman, but it's yeah, it's Smallville and it's like his entire like actual there's like eight or nine seasons of it and I've bench watched all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was huge back in the day.
Speaker 1: M hm. That was one of the ones that when I was on my kick of rewatching things and I'd gotten on all like the superhero stuff, and I went down the rabbit hole of all the DC shows and then somebody's like, oh, you have to watch Smallville, and then I did. I was like, oh, shoot, this is actually really good. So that one that one did do that. So I will be curious to see if, like how that movie makes me feel with all of the connections now that I have to DC, because I feel like I've watched everything in the DC world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think now that James Gunn is taking over DC, who he's a great director. He did all of the Guardian's movies and he is kind of going to be the one who's going to be kind of controlling everything as far as like we need to have some cohesion here. These movies need to make sense and they need to all match together. I think with him behind it, I think it has the potential to be a really great movie.
Speaker 1: What's the other Is he the one that did Suicide Squad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? These Suicide Squad not the bad one, but the better one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, gosh see this is also the problem with these. I'm like, guys, I get it that you've been trying to like make them better, but like the fact that there's multiple versions of the same thing stresses my brain out.
Speaker 3: I think that's what money's in a lot is there's different versions of Batman. They've had all these different characters and mostly things that didn't work. It's streamlining it for people who aren't that familiar with everything and making them like, oh, this is how we're restarting everything and this is everything now. It's a tough thing to do because even me sometimes I'm like, how does this connect again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, what are you guys doing now? Okay? Favorite Post Malone country collaboration.
Speaker 3: For me it's the Tim McGraw song hm hmm, the first song on the country on his country album. Whenever I heard that, I was like, I got to hear this song live. And when I saw him performance live he opened up his concert with that in Nashville, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, this is perfect. This is exactly how I envisioned it.
Speaker 3: He has the flames and all the parts I thought he would have the flames.
Speaker 2: I love Tim.
Speaker 3: McGraw too, and I think them two together just feel it like has like this rock and field to it. And man, when that song hit, like something hitted me where.
Speaker 2: I just got excited. That's my favorite one. I also really like Paisley one.
Speaker 1: What is the title of the Tim McGraw one?
Speaker 2: Wrong ones?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then what's the title of the Brad Paisley one? Goes without saying, Okay, I think I've heard him, but I don't know that I've deep dived on them. Okay, So I'm gonna have to go back and listen to these. But those that's interesting of like the two one there, I don't know that I would have called those out for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not even the biggest Brad Paisley fan. But post Malone covering that Brad Paisley song was kind of what a lot of people associated with him first diving into country, even though he'd been covering a bunch of stuff on YouTube before that, but that was the one that kind of blew up that people were like, oh, look, post Malome's doing country, and I feel like that relationship has always been there. So it was seeing them come together and actually do something and put it on the album that kind of made that feel like it came full circle. A really good catchy song.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm gonna have to go look at both of those favorite movie theater snack from Kate.
Speaker 2: I love taking my own.
Speaker 1: Coffee You're killing me or Mike.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: My favorite experience at a movie theater is my wife doesn't like horror movies. I love going to horror movies, so I love taking in my own own cole brew sitting right in the middle of the theater about two rows up from like the middle section. So I'm in that perfect setting racking a coffee, which sparks my kind of anxiety because I'm like, all right, I'm capping up and now I'm watching something scary, so it heightens that experience. And you can't get coffee at the movie theater, so I had to bring it myself. That is my perfect setting.
Speaker 1: Dang your movie, Mike, d Sneaking things in the movie theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also like, what am I gonna eat at the movie theater, like they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't have anything for me.
Speaker 1: No, that's true, they don't. That's why I was like, I was curious what this answer would be. Well too, for all the all of us who do eat the next there, it's definitely popcorn with eminem's. Did you ever have that before you were on your vegan side?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love throwing anything into popcorn and having it melt.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, the meltings. And you have to have the perfect ratio. If you don't and those eminimums are cold, it is not the same experience. But those eminems have to be melted, and it is. I could just sit there. I'd eat the whole thing like you. The best part, though, is I am that person in the movie theater that'll be digging like you'll. You're the popcorn because I'm digging trying to get the eminence at the bottom.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Oh, last one to hear. Any plans. We did mention this a little bit on part one. Any plans to write a book, produce a movie about experiences with Bobby one day.
Speaker 3: I would love to write a book about I guess my entire experience with the show and just like my life from moving here. I started journaling my life right around twenty sixteen when I moved here, and I've been doing that consistently. Now twenty sixteen, how long I've been here?
Speaker 2: Nine years? Eight years?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wait, every single day or like once a week. What's the situation for.
Speaker 2: A period of my life here.
Speaker 3: I'd say from twenty sixteen to probably twenty eighteen, it was pretty consistently every day, if not the other day. And I was also traveling so much at that time that anytime I was on a plane or back of a car, I would journal. So I literally have this log of just years of my life. So I've always wrote that in thinking that someday I could turn this into a book, because I read a book probably around that same time where that is what the entire book was. It was like journal entries, and then in between it was a lot of narrative of this person's life. And I always thought that was a cool format because that's something that when you write it, it's so raw and it's just like, oh, here's this diary entry, but then you can go back and tell a story around it. I just thought that was an interesting format, and also for me who has trouble reading long books. Sometimes I think it's a good way to go back and forth of like here, I am reading a traditional book, but then there's a little excerpt here that really kind of gives you a dive into that person's life. So I have years of that and sometimes I'll go through and read it and I'm like, Wow, this is crazy that I stuff that I wouldn't remember. It could just be like a random Tuesday on a day where I was feeling something. At the time, it felt insignificant, but you look back on it like, oh, that was like a specific.
Speaker 2: Moment in my life.
Speaker 3: So I think I don't know that it would be entirely just my experience on the show, but it would be like a chronological of my life during those early stages of moving here for the show, and I think a lot of it probably would be about it because it's surrounded with the travel that I did, like for touring, going out for Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, that's all in there, So it's obviously going to be embedded in, probably more so like my and Bobby's relationship, because a lot of that was all what I wrote about, and just like how that dynamic was, Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: That would be super interesting, Mike, Like, really, that would be like a cool book to read, and just the setup and stuff that the idea that you have.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, which is wild because of all the stuff I've been thinking about writing, I never thought of starting with that, and now that I talk about it, I'm like, I think that would be the easiest thing for me to start with, because I wan My goal this year was to write more create stuff and what I was better at in the past year. Of like I mentioned how I journal my life in the last year. Anytime I'd have any kind of idea for a movie or a script or a short story, I have this big wog of just all these small ideas that are titles and quick little synopsis of anything I hear that I'm like, oh, that could be a thing, I write it down. So my idea was to go this year pick out some of the best ones, which I've already kind of started doing and fleshing them out a little bit. But that's totally like fiction and a lot harder to write, which I'm finding that it's hard to build a world, it's hard to write dialogue and to write something that somebody could take and turn into something else. So I think now I kind of have two directions to go in where I can't take some of the stuff I already have and it's already written.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that's totally true. And doesn't it make you think of like stan Lee who came up with all the Marvel stuff and he was just like, how where you know what? I mean? Like, this is wow that people have the thoughts. But I think you sit down long enough, I think some of that sets just starts kind of flowing naturally. So I'm excited for you.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of it is just observing and being in tune with the things around you and hearing things. A lot of the things I write down are things we talk about on the show. Somebody will say a concept or say something and I think that could be something, and I write it down in the moment while we're doing the show, and I'll come back to it later and think about it more. Sometimes they're jokes, sometimes their movie ideas. Sometimes they're just things that I think could be a bit later. But I think it's just observing the world around you and taking time to write it down because that's the hardest thing of You can have a great idea, but if you don't write it down, you're not going to remember it. So I've just tried to get into the process of even if it seems like dumb, and even if I go back and look and think like why did I even write that down, just write it down because you never know what it could turn into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, listen twenty twenty five for Mike d could be a big year Japan writing a book. I mean, I mean the options are endless.
Speaker 3: I would have eighteen hours on a flight. I could definitely get some writing done.
Speaker 1: You definitely could. Maybe that's why you have to go so you have to sit in a place and you have to write for eighteen hours.
Speaker 2: Good idea.
Speaker 1: Oh, Michael, thanks for joining me, Thanks for taking time on our little snow day situation, and for being here. Tell the people where they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You Listen to my podcast new episodes every Monday, Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, Spoiler Free Movie Reviews. My wife Kelsey comes on it a lot and we talk about all the movies we go to see in theaters. Because unless it's a horror movie, she goes to see everything with me, so get it wherever you listen to podcasts Mike Distro on All Socials, are.
Speaker 1: You going to start making her a permanent co host?
Speaker 3: We do the one episode every single month where we recap everything, so she's has a permanent fixture on that. She also comes on occasionally now and does book reviews, which we found a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Like and enjoy.
Speaker 3: So we did one where she did her top ten books of twenty twenty four because she read like eighty books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that one.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll do more episodes like that too.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well I love it. I'm proud of you, and you're already starting off the year very strong. Look at you go? Yes, yes, all right, people, we'll have a great weekend. Everybody, please stay safe wherever you are, whatever you're dealing with, and we'll catch you guys next time. Thanks for being here. Bye everybody.
Speaker 2: Bie that's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 3: Go follow the show on all social platform and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.