Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Steneveec along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News Cross Asset reporter Isabel Lee. Isabelle. A lot of stocks moving today. One to the upside, Eli Lilly.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about Eli Lilly. So the stock was hired by around three percent. Now it's paired by some of those games, but still up by one and a half percent. So investors are cheering a next generation obesity shot that helps patients lose as much as twenty three percent of their body weights a lot. I know, I was computing in my head and I was like, that is a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: No matter how much you weigh, that is a lot. Yeah, And this could potentially make the experimental drug the most potent weight loss medicine yet. So patients on the highest dose of the drug lost nearly a quarter over the weight in sixty eight weeks, so that's more than a year. And the study participants experience a sixty two percent reduction in knee pain. And I was talking to an author of the story at Madison Muller and I was telling her that, you know, when you think about weight loss, people usually associated with superficiality or looks, but it actually really helps people who have medical problems, and it can help you with your lifestyle improvement and just overall make you healthier. And why is this a big deal Because the obesity market is expected to hit around one hundred billion dollars by twenty thirty, which is massive.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, we have just talked about how overweight the American population is and diabetes. How many Americans are either pre diabetic or diabetic. It's a large proportion, I want to say, like forty or fifty percent of our population easily. And so if you think about what this can do in terms of for some people who are having a hard time losing weight who are diabetic, this can be a game changer. And we kid with madisone all the time, like is this the drug that's going to fix all that ailss? But it kind of gets down to that point that it being overweight is I know it's hard for some people in terms of weight management. But it is a much healthier thing to be is not be overweight.
Speaker 3: Yes, the ticker is Lly and the company's shot that zep bound is alth I did a most popular But of course Lily is trying to develop and raising develop drugs that are more effective, and the competition there is also intense.
Speaker 1: I was looking at Yeah, what are you looking at?
Speaker 4: Over thirty eight million Americans have diabetes roughly one intent. So it's not maybe.
Speaker 3: Look up good job. That's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Silly little thing called Google.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not chat, GPTWO.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't get there. I didn't get there.
Speaker 4: But it says over one point three billion. This is a Bloomberg story. Actually this is a couple of years ago. Over one point three billion globally will have diabetes by twenty to fifty. So that's a lot of folks. All right, So Eli, Lilly a gainer.
Speaker 1: What about Gemini space station the fintech firm.
Speaker 3: This is a big gainer up by twenty five percent. So Gemini, when you think about it, where you're a crypto show, why oh nothing.
Speaker 4: Because I have to do gainers. But I should have done this one anyway, Go.
Speaker 3: Ahead and Carol, it's twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: You get to say Gemini space station exactly.
Speaker 3: So, Tim, who is the crypto show, you would know that when you hear Gemini, you think it's like a crypto exchange. But then no, of course they're trying to also muscle their way into the fast moving field of prediction markets.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to say that they can't.
Speaker 3: They their application for a derivative exchange was approved better c of TC, so now they're clearly expanding and according to their website, it will allow soon existing u AS customers to trade events contract And this is interesting because increasingly cryptonated firms like poly market have been straddling digital assets prediction markets. Now a lot are trying to do both, and many firms have really expressed interest in this.
Speaker 1: I want to know when they're going to build the space station.
Speaker 4: Yspace station ticker g E M I why are they Semini space station?
Speaker 1: I still think of it as being called Gemini, but the official name is Gemini Space winkle loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, some people should winkle y because it's the plural of winkle monkele pize.
Speaker 4: Can I just say forty two percent of the float is short on this puppy. Oh, so that's a little bit of negative since just gonna put that out there, even though it's flying high today, Oracle not flying high today.
Speaker 3: Not flying high. Down by ten percent, that's I think the most since at least January, erasing more than one hundred billion dollars in market value, and at one point was on track to close with its steepest one day drop since two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: It's a long time twenty four years ago.
Speaker 3: So again this comes after, of course, the company said that its capital expenditure is about to reach fifty billion dollars by the end of the fiscal year ending in May twenty twenty six. Annual revenue will be around sixty seven billion dollars. So this is interesting because again it's like AI hopes and dreams. I've talked to some analysts and they were like, Oracle gave investors everything they want on paper, but of course you still hope for more and more. And cloud sales increased Acid revenue, but both fell short of estimates, and the latest support just really makes you think of the reversal fortunes of Oracle, which earlier this year was just having a blistering rally. Remember its co founder Larry Ellison was at one point the richest men Honors, richer than Elon Musk. Yeah, but now we're seeing shares down by ten percent. Ticker is ourcl.
Speaker 2: The stock moover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.