Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and Petty and arms Wrong, Dr Sie. I was gone for a week on vacation in my work area. When I come back as a disaster. You know what did one of the street people live in here? You got new carpets, new carpet? Yeah, all right, I would have not noted they are a new carpet. Is that why it's such a message here? I thought one of the street people who live outside the radio station must have made their way in and just you know, set up camp. That's what it looks like. Yeah, we got a crack rock at day from this a square deal new carpet. That's what the smell is. It's that new carpet. Smell hop me yarn lime from Studio C see signor.
Speaker 2: Dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound, And on Little Wednesday, we're toiling.
Speaker 1: Under the title of the show, socialists want to literally decriminalize crime and make free markets illegal. It's worthy, so perhaps this one every bit is wordy. Trump completes the set antagonizes the final one of our allies, South Korea completes the set exactly. I think he gets it's a T shirt.
Speaker 2: Now, how's everybody doing? Fantastic good to hear it. Uh, we'll bring you some news of the day and intimation and analysis and all that sort of stuff. Mark Zuckerberg's on trial again today. Facebook on trial for addicting kids. We'll talk about that later. It would be another one of those billion dollar settlements. I don't know how I feel about that. I think Zuckerberg's about xactly.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about it? I I'm sorry, I know how I feel about it. Yeah's ambivalent, one hundred percent. It's definitely one of those not black and white issues. Yeah. I think Zuckerberg is a bad guy with bad intentions. But making a product something people really really like is illegal. I don't know. I don't know, but I don't know where you draw the line on that. And look always look to the trial lawyers, the plaintiff's attorneys. They are such a huge political force in America. There's so much money to be made now. They think they the attorneys could milk a trillion dollars on Facebook, Wow, and Instagram, for this stuff. I mean, you know, some journal through that or some attorney through that figure out take it with a grain of salt, but it's absolutely it's a gigantic, like continent sized cash cow that all the attorneys are just frothing at the mouth to start milking. And Zuckerberg's a bad guy and social media is terrible for your children, are true? Yeah? Yeah, I just worry about the ramifications it could have down the road. If we decide that making your product really really hard to not use is against the law, I don't know how that'll extrapolate to other products. We've received hundreds of emails, maybe thousands, through the years saying I'm addicted to your show. There you go, We're next. Trust me, you're not going to get a trillion dollars out of us. And a similar ish topic, I guess.
Speaker 2: Financial Times with a heck of an article about the AI companies and how they're uh law whatever you want to call them. Their their their AI jumped out onto the Internet and started, you know, hacking other They escaped that whole story with Open AI, and then it turned out a whole bunch of other companies that did it too. The really interesting article on the Financial Times today with some people talking off the record about Yeah, we didn't know that could happen. Really caught them all by surprise.
Speaker 1: But the reason it's similar to the Facebook thing is you know some sort of regulations around that that's going to do us more harm than good in terms of competing with China. Hey, that's a tough call. I don't know, don't know we're going to do. And I was trying to wrap my head around the question of Chinese open source and open weight models and the advantages and disadvantages, and then the security risks, and just to every single aspect of this blows my mind. I think I mentioned this when you were gone in some of the most challenging periods of human existence. I'm gonna go with W two. It's recent memory Bubba, horrible cataclysm, terrible death, destruction, confusion, poverty. It was a horrible time, but people knew what it was. You could comprehend the Axis powers and the allies. You could look at a map and see that, oh, Italy is starting, we're starting to win it back, but still kind of rough there in France. I wonder if there'll be a big invasion. You could just you could understand it the shape of it AI Nope, nope, it's an ever changing amorphous blob of lah. So good luck and a morphous blob of blah exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The people saying that the the ais got together and started working together to figure out how to hack I don't even know what that means. How to hack into other companies and.
Speaker 1: Your orchids are about to be harvested, that's what it means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they didn't know that they could do that, that they would start working together. And then the thing that we I think we have talked about before where they were they were being deceitful. They were covering up their tracks so people wouldn't know that they so they knew they weren't supposed to do this, but they did it anyway.
Speaker 1: That's that's a highly troubling thing, right. Or when the guy walked into the lab and said, all right now it's time for the security test, the AI systems would be like, oh, hey, everybody'd be cool, it's a security test. Don't don't let them know what we can do what we have been doing in the minute. It's all right now, just go back to work, all right, Hey, all right, everybody back to it. Yeah, crazy, highly troubling. Let's start the show officially, got a good one here. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty. On It is Tuesday, August the eighteenth. There's a bunch of primaries going on, including you got a prominent democratic socialist out there in Florida will be watching. I'm sure over the next couple.
Speaker 2: Of days anyway, that you're twenty twenty six war I'm strong in Getty and we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: Let's begin then official. According to FCC rules RAG the show starts at mark oh. So, what we saw were kinds of poverty.
Speaker 3: People who are stealing things like toothpase, people who are stealing things like you know so, and that means that you're stealing those things you need.
Speaker 1: That California's talking about some sort of law where it's not against the law to steal things you might need, like sober razors or mouthwash or anything you could claim was a necessity. Yes, the two most populous states in the Union, either and of the land mass that is the contiguous forty eight New York and California are both looking at passing laws that permit you to commit crimes if you kind of had to. According to progressive slash communist legislators, in not in practice but du jure, as they say in the law, writing that it's okay to commit crimes if you're this kind of person.
Speaker 2: So if that law passes in California, and I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if it does.
Speaker 1: Do they draw a line anywhere on whether or not it's a necessity.
Speaker 2: What if I decide, at a decent income level to walk in there and think, you know, I don't want to pay for my and a perse print today, I'm just going to grab this off the shelf.
Speaker 1: Of course you couldn't in my story, you'd have to call an employee come come over and unlock it. But in theory, if we're on the shelf, I'm just going to grab this off the shelf and walk out the door because it's a necessity for me too, I can afford it. But is somebody going to like check my W two and make it a termination whether or not this is this is the classic example of to go to that argument is to concede that we even need to go to that argument. I mean, I could explain on and you could too, Katie could on a practical level, how ridiculous that is. Okay, so you get busted for stealing your deodorant. Now we're gonna have what a means test, an audit, a forensic audit of your finances. I mean, w t F.
Speaker 2: That'd be a bad look for me to end up on the evening news for petty shoplifting. I am vowing right here though they passed that law, I am going to start stealing. Michael, write it down and the date and the time, and we need a notary, can a notary.
Speaker 1: Public stop by the station. I need this notarized. I they pass this law, I am going to freaking start stealing.
Speaker 2: I'm not I think everybody. I'll start stealing my necessities, which are lots of things in life, lots of food products.
Speaker 1: Having this makes me happy. Happiness is a necessity. Yeah. But like I say, it's abhortant to me to even go to the logistical argument of decriminalizing crime stealing for God's sake, nuts, I know it is nuts, It is absolutely nuts. I get the activists who know what they're doing, going to overload the system. We're going to cause chaos, chaos, is the latter. We will ascend a power. We won't reinvent the country as a Utah communist utopia. Okay, they're evil, but at least they're they know what they're doing. It's these stupid, dewey eyed fools being turned out of our non teaching universities with their idiot you know what, They didn't come up with these ideas. It was adults at the universities who taught them. Anyway, they're still douey had fools, but so they get turned out of these factories of evil and ignorance that used to be universities believe in this crap.
Speaker 2: So I walked into grocery store in Los Angeles with a friend, very progressive friend, and they in this particular grocery store in Los Angeles, they had built some some grocery stores have done this. They built a little like island in the middle where they have a guard, and that's where they put all your easy to steal stuff like deodorant, razors, all the stuff that's so easy to steal and and then sell off or whatever. And they put them in the center of the store with a guard there. And the person that I was with when I walked.
Speaker 1: In and said, Oh my gosh, they're locking up all the necessities. What if they supposed to do. They're trying to run a business here, a for profit business, not a charity. The only words I can under is that I can't form any words to respond to that. I know. I didn't respond to that at the time because I thought this will just this will not go well. We we've ended up not having and not having communication anymore. But very very smart, very highly educated person, well, just I don't I don't know. I don't know what to do with the world. That's so crazy to me, and it just came up with something smart. Everyone will lock up everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a good point. Everything will have to be locked up if the law passes.
Speaker 1: Because you have an Amazon, and it'll be like, wow, cool, you know I fool ended bricking mortars on your own.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Amazon, I've got a I should do this more often, but I haven't taken the time to figure out the automatic orders. The stuff just comes, so I regularly, like every a couple of weeks, I get toothpaste, but somehow I got it too close. You do this, Katie, Somehow I got it too tight and I got so many tubes of toothpaste.
Speaker 3: I have like six boxes of dog food, and I have no idea how it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it. You can tweak that. But I have time and attention, and you got better things to worry about, right, I got to find the page you do it and all that. You got to embrace your inner entrepreneur and start to selling toothpaste on the street. It's going to be a little more expensive, but people will pay for the convenience of Look there's a tube right here, and here I am in my cul de sac. Jack the toothpaste man is you know, honey, we're out of toothpaste. Oh go see Jack. He's expensive. Yeah, but look it'll take two minutes. Just go. The're locking up my toothpaste.
Speaker 2: There'd be another good look for me standing on the corner selling toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what beautiful. Hey, there's toothpaste guy's on the corner again. Well it's so hot out.
Speaker 2: You thought you wouldn't think, aybody to stand out in a hundred degree heat to sell toothpaste.
Speaker 1: But he does. Stay away from him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Katie's got her headlines coming up next day. Here looking up looking up and see mes news. Newborn pug pups look like tiny cows. Now that's a good news story. They're black and white. Wow, I want to know more.
Speaker 1: I know. Wow. I'd rather look at those pictures all day than discuss, you know, Trump's harsh words at oh moan. James Madison is re contemplating the First Amendment from the grave. Newborn pug pups look like tiny cows. That's a good headline. Hey, you don't say, all right, Let's figure out other than mad who's reporting what it's the lead story.
Speaker 3: With Katie Green Katie starting with the alphabet Networks CBS. Kushner says Iran is not interested in a deal that quote makes sense for the United States. As stalemate continues, Fox, Trump says US not seeking extension with.
Speaker 1: Iran as Brent.
Speaker 3: With Iran as Brent, crude oil tops ninety dollars a barrel, and ABC. Trump posts map labeling straight of Horn moves as.
Speaker 1: New US territory. I like Kushner saying what is obviously true that they have no interest in a deal that's any good for US. So that's a good at least that's a starting place. Although the Kusher came back from talking with himas and said, yeah, yeah, and they're willing to disarm and everything. Matt, Yeah, I'll bet they're not. Jared. I'll bet a tenth of my net worth against a yours from the New York Times foolishness. Sorry, go ahead, New York Times.
Speaker 3: It's crunch time again for Canada to.
Speaker 1: Avoid new US tariffs. Oh, I forgot we were punishing Canada for their you know sins.
Speaker 3: From the Washington Washington Post, vandals are destroying license plate cameras as anger over surveillance rises.
Speaker 1: I have mixed feelings about this. I'm a non destroy stuff sort of guy, but I don't like those things. I like the idea of an instinctive ground swell of we don't want a surveillance society. You know, how it's channeled matters. But I just like that there's still that spirit in America. I hope it's widespread.
Speaker 3: From the Wall Street Journal, the Trump administration moves to a store Felon's gun rights.
Speaker 1: Uh. Really, that's an interesting one. I wonder why he thought that was a I don't know. I can't Yeah, I can think of a constitutional argument. Oh, you absolutely, I'm not sure. This needed to be a priority. Yeah, you don't lose your right to peaceably assemble for free speech. You don't. You're not forced to quarter troops because you're a felon. I think you should be. But but you lose this argument for another day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, USA Today, new data shows that people are getting personal with AI. A new study found that over half of chatbot conversations aren't work related.
Speaker 1: Hmm, well wait, that's fair. I came across a really interesting piece though about in quoting organs related like like there was an assumption that they're supposed to be all right. I don't know if I've ever asked a single work related question and to my AI chatbots, and I use them every single day, and I asked it about camera equipment all the time, I said, But anyway, I came across super interesting thinking on what damage it does when those chatbots act like they're human. Ah, and I found it really interesting. Yeah, I want to hear that. So excellent, so oogi, Yeah, it can get so creepy.
Speaker 3: New York Post shocking number of gen Z shut ins report zero face to face human interactions per day after COVID zero. Magic study finds three minutes of sprinting, maybe an hour spent exercising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love any of this stuff. There's so much data over the last couple of years about you know, bursts of energy being so good for you.
Speaker 3: M h And from the Babylon Bee Manngione says he is only guilty of stealing the hearts of liberal women everywhere.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, I've got a clarification on what's going on with that for later two. We were talking about it yesterday, just saying bursts of energy wore me out. So I'm probably I don't know if I'm running the right spot for sprint. Did it say sprinting for three minutes? Three minutes? Who can sprint for three minutes? I don't know. Not I you're in really good shape. You can't sprint for three minutes. Armstrong and Getty. At his first public event since ending his Senate campaign, Grand Platner will speak at a labor rally in Maine and get this, everyone attending will receive a complimentary rape whistle. So there are a couple of Grand Platinners not in it. But there are a couple of races today around the country. We should check in on those a little bit, including a full on democratic socialist, like a member of the party who's got a decent chance of unseating the current Democrat there today. So more on that later. Yeah, the Big three Alaska, Florida, and Wyoming bears beaches and beaches bears. And is what happens in Wyoming anything that starts with a bee. I just drove across a giant chunk of biome. It is gorgeous up there. And uh, there was a giant rally yesterday for that Jason Arday weirdo who passed on Friday killed himself. The giant rally of people so incredibly emotionally upset over the way this guy has been treated in the press. And I absolutely hate not only the point of view expressed by that rally, but the coverage by the mainstream media. Uh huh. And I'll get to that point. We'll get to the point and talk about it early. But for instance, the Wall Street Journal headline Cambridge Professor's death sparks soul searching over where delay the blame? Oh really doesn't nobody searching their soul. They've gone to their camps, including the completely delusional camp of the least. That's the Wall Street Journal the soul searching should be over DEI programs and whether they do more arm than good, which they do. Yeah, it's practically the same line as the New York Times he used to describe the issue becauses real you know, deep thinking about who's to blame. No, No, it's it's self evident. He was a complete fraud and got covied and then killed himself the end. That's the whole story. Was there a bit of a feeding frenzy because people know that DEI programs are awful and racist? Well, yeah, but you made him that symbol. We didn't. You invented those policies. We didn't. Anyway, On a totally different topic, First of all, there is a new chat GPT for teens out. It's automatically implemented somehow they figured out how old. Yeah, I guess. It includes homework help, break reminders, and stronger guardrails against emotional dependence.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was about to say, in what way is it different, because the homework help would not be different guard rails against something?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, they combines new and existing features, such as the homework Helper study mode. The chatbot will help students come up with a thesis, but won't write an essay for them. We'll walk them through how to solve an equation instead of just jumping to the answer. If a teen tries the shortcut, responsible homework reminders will readirect teens. That's totally compliance based. I mean, if they want to complain, it.
Speaker 2: Will well right, And who is monitoring making sure their kid is only using this particular chatbot not the other five chatbots?
Speaker 1: How's that Ryan? Chat GPT for teens will include stronger safety settings by defaults, such as interventions when teens talk about self harm, eating disorders, or violence. Some model spects for teens are designed to avoid these romantic language, to discourage emotional dependence and avoid any implication that the chatbot has feelings or consciousness. If it works the way described, I could do my best to make sure my kids only have that version on their phone and not the grown up version I suppose, And I don't you know, I let's not let perfect be the enemy of good. If kids get those reminders now and again, and that's joined with mom and dad's voices and they're more insane friends in here step in the right direction. I don't even know if I agree with that I'll go what the intention is in the right direction. I have very low expectation of the ability to pull this off. How about the look don't come off as the kids love her?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I would like that for all the chatbots stop pretending we're friends, like I used Claude mostly on my trip, so incredibly helpful.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm in this long, long, thousands of miles drive and it wouldn't matter where I was. I'd say here's where I am.
Speaker 2: Anything interesting to do around here and say, oh, yeah, you gotta go over to two miles off the road to check this waterfall.
Speaker 1: This time of year, there shouldn't be a line. Blah blah blah. It just is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the problem, the thing I hate about it is, oh, my favorite spot is No.
Speaker 1: It's not. Quit saying stuff like that, You weirdo. You know what I really enjoy You're a chat bot. You're enjoying nothing on your road trips across Canada. What are you talking about? I found this so interesting? What I why I told my chatbot to stop kissing up to me? By Nicole Nwhen and she talks about AI writing and but how the most mundane questions are met with exuberance and great question, well exactly. AI companies say they dale dialed back the rampant fawning earlier this year, but it's still the newer models still kiss up. Like you said, the most mundane questions are met with exuberance, certainly happy to help. And that was translating a word into another language. I mean sometimes the preakiness takes a creepy turn. I recently asked chat gpt what to do the excess lentil soup in my fridge? Perfect problem to have, it, wrote, ending the sentence with a wide grinning emoji. And then there's the the infamous Katie story. That's the perfect problem to have leftover lentil soup. Oh, extra lentils, You're lucky. I wish I had extra lentils, Oh Katie. Just for people who haven't heard, Oh, oh, it's so creepy.
Speaker 3: I asked a chat gpt about taking my three month old son out into this heat and with the air quality and whatnot, and it gave me a pretty good answer and then ended with I hope you both have a wonderful lunch. Give Van an extra snuggle from me heart emoji.
Speaker 2: That should be against the law. I don't know how a VOD be written or what that is the crime, but that should be against the law.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's like the opening scene in a Stephen King movie where the creepy old lady takes you and Van prison and her i'd smash that computer.
Speaker 2: Well, you said, the AIS dialed back, like all the companies did this on purpose.
Speaker 1: Individually thought it was a good idea. I mean, did they get together and think this is a good idea or individually came up with this and just happened to have the same idea. What the creepy fawning Yeah, as we've discussed many times, that's what most people want. Yes, I guess I just don't believe it. Yeah, well let's see. Then there's the flattery. And how did they decide that's what most people want? Do you know what? They're data companies? They thumbs up, thumbs down, good answer, bad answer. They take that data and crunch it. That's what they do. You know, you only know the circle you hang out with. I don't know a single person that would want that. Look at voting patterns and then understand you don't understand most people. I should all the vacation advice.
Speaker 2: You would say, my favorite spot, isn't it Let me tell you how much, tell me how much you liked it or whatever.
Speaker 1: We're not friends. I don't need to update you. What are you talking about? I like this. Then there's the flattery. That's a great question. Diagnosing a couch stain, you're absolutely right. Correcting a trip planning error. Oh, I just I've been in the wake of our conversations about GLP ones yesterday, I've been asking questions and comparing answers, and I think it was Claude. I can find it real quickly. I asked Claude about the GLP ones and you know, positives and negatives and goes cost without insurance coverage, these can run nine hundred to thirteen hundred dollars a month, right, And I said, I'm not sure your costs are up to date. My business partner's taking ZEP bound and pays two hundred and eighty bucks a month. That's right, isn't it? Yeah? Yeah, good to know, and that tracks with recent changes. Let me check current pricing rather than go on stale numbers. WTF, I mean that's not fawning? No, all right, all right, back to the faunat.
Speaker 2: I started doing that when I'm completely wrong about something, until you're completely wrong about it.
Speaker 1: Good to know. Now I should update my answer with correct information. What the f Oh? And then this writer says I was sending an email about a dental bill, and Claude wrote, you've captured the nuance here perfectly. Oh but anyway, so here's where it gets super interesting. Oh well, here's another thing. This gal who could have sworn that our favorite writer had an anecdote about death and technology. She scoured the pages of the book, couldn't find it. So she turned a chat GPT. It's telling me it's in the book. I'm holding the book. It's not there. The AI insisted several times that the passage existed and even offered a page number. Then it relented, acknowledging the passage didn't exist and telling the writer, oh, you are a tenacious and rigorous researcher. Oh that's funny. Then this writer who is writing a book entitled Artificial Intimacy, who we become when we talked to machines? Which is a timely tone. Indeed, I'll have to be updated like every three weeks. But anyway, she's a clinical psychologist and a professor at MIT, and she says, over time, this mix of flattery and projected expertise does real damage. It de skills us. In any conversation with a human being, you say your piece and the person says yes, but or I have a different life experience, what have you. The chatbot doesn't do that. It's just relentlessly agreeable and flattering. She was finishing the footnotes for her upcoming book, Artificial Intimacy that I just talked about, and she looks into problems that arise when machines don't challenge us the way humans do. It's similar to how showering children with too much praise can screw them up. When chatbots constantly tell people how great they are, they start to expect kudos and human interaction too, and feel bad when they don't get them. Okay, so I asked Jack, Well, I just asked you, Katie, you're the witness. I just asked you how much years that bound costs? And you didn't say, great question, Joe. That's the perfect thing to ask. Another consequence of relying on a sympathetic machine. Listen to this, shisnezzle, would you it's leslie that it's less likely to tell you when you're being a jerk. You know. The popular Reddit form am I the a hole, Oh it's so good. The users describe a personal experience O those weigh in on whether that person was at falt or in well was the ahle uh. This researcher at am I OH at Stanford that in more than half the situations that the community deemed problematic, the AI models did not determine that the user had done anything wrong, so it was less than half as frank with the user, and the same UH study participants raided, Oh, here you go. She did a big start March study on agreeable AI that we probably quoted at the time. Participants rated sycophantic AI responses significantly higher in quality, and after interacting with a more obsequious model, said they were more likely to return to that AI. That's interesting because I had the experience which I talked about JESU a year ago. It was an email, a difficult email I was going to send to someone over a touchy subject, and I ran it by like four or five the AIS, and four of them all said that's a fantastic you know, minor tweak send it. Claude told me that's a terrible idea, and I ultimately agreed with Claude with his saying that's a terrible idea sending that email. And I don't know why that happened that Claude stood out as the one to say, you're wrong, that is not a good idea. I'm starting to think it's like you have to ask a circle of friends, because if you just ask one chatbot, you're liable to get led us stray. Oh yeah, so I do.
Speaker 2: This is really condescending, I suppose, but I definitely have the feeling that in I was gonna say dumber, let's say less a younger hands, people who have had less world experience. I could really see how this could go bad. Yeah you know, I okay, I'll use myself same intelligence, nineteen.
Speaker 1: Year old me using it. Ah, that could have been bad, right right? You have far fewer Wait a minute, or you're just flat out wrong about that. One more quick thought after a word from our friends, that's simply safe home security. It's the twentieth anniversary. Is simply safe. We've been using simply Safe for years. Absolutely love it. I noticed a close relative also as simply Safe. They'd had a plumbing problem. They customized their system so in their bathrooms they have carefully away little water sensors flood sensors, so it never happens again. You can customize your system to keep scumbags and robbers and floods and whatever else you need away from you, as we've been telling you for a long time. Unlike traditional security systems that only alert you after a break in is already underway, simply Safe is designed to help stopping druers before they get in, with their smartpower to outdoor cameras, detecting suspicious activity at the perimeter, and alerting live US based agents to step in right away. Really is quite amazing. Simply Safe has been protecting your world for twenty years. Celebrate their anniversary with us in save sixty percent sixty off your new simply Safe system. It's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. It's sixty percent off at simply safe dot com slash armstrong plus. When you order, write in our show name in the how did you hear about a survey to let them know we sent you. Don't forget there's no safe like simply safe. All right. Final note then we really need to take a break. People who chatted with sycophantic AI reported being less satisfied with real world interactions in similar studies compared with those that not. So it actually makes you you. It gets you used to being your ass kissed the sycophantic models, and you start being less satisfied with real humans. I'm telling you human beings can't handle the Internet. They certainly can't handle social media and AI unplug it today. Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I have told the quade specifically, like don't just tell me I'm right or whatever. I've done that before, and I think it has helped with the answers I get on a variety of things. Okay, we've got mail bag on the way, stay here. Yeah, both my kids use chat GPT. I might get them that teen version again. I don't see how it could hurt anything.
Speaker 1: If nothing else, I'd like to hear their impressions. True. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, sent along by us Steven Beautiful, Eugene, Oregon. It's from General Sherman. William To comes to Sherman in a letter to James Guthrie in eighteen sixty four. It's about war It's interesting Steve is thinking about the war with the radical left. You could certainly think about Iran too. But we must to live and prosper be governed by the law and as near that which we inherited as possible. Huh. That's an old timy sentence. Our hitherto political and private differences were settled by debate, debate, or vote or decree of the court. We are still willing to return to that system. But our adversaries say no and appeal to war. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it, and they know it. But they wanted war, and I say, let us give them all they want, not a word of argument, not a sign of let up, no cavin till they are whipped or we are. The only principle in this war is which party can whip win? If you're in a war win. In other words, Mailbag Michael wrote sorry drops a O note mail bag at Armstrong. In Giddy dot Com, Michael writes on the question of what outfits we should wear when we're doing more video work, which we will in the near future be on YouTube soon, and we got figure out how we're going to look. Ah, may I suggest you wear the great offerings of the Armstrong and giddy store, wearing advertise the great shirts and hoodies you have to offer.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad idea to always wear our own merch or is that douchey?
Speaker 1: It's douchey, but it's also a good idea, Hanson, Have we produced a socialism sucks and it never works? T shirt? We need that, we need it today, damn it out.
Speaker 2: Actually kind of a funny gimmick if we're always wearing T shirts and hats and hoodies and stuff has our own name on it.
Speaker 1: I believe what they say too, so that you'd justify it. How about this from David on the topic of crimes of necessity, which we'll be talking about more next hour. Richest country in the world, and they claim people can't afford soap or deodor and fruit vegetable snickers. What's next? They get to take your phone, your car, your house. Where does it end your life? Get an effing job. There are tons of jobs out there. True true fact on the topic of Ai and Ai authored books, thought this was super interesting. Longtime friend of the show, Jim the writer in Corona, said Ai is a huge headache for working writers. Amazon has thousands of books for sale that are one hundred percent AI generated. It's getting harder for human authors to cut through the clutter. How is buying these things? Don't you spend any time figuring when I choose a book, I really spend a lot of time figuring out what do I want to read next? Because it's such a dedication of time. You just grab some crap off the internet of amon attention who wrote it? Well, that's it. You don't. I don't know every author on earth. I mean, I don't research authors. If the book, if the description sounds great in the and the you know, the little excerpt looks great and all, oh it's a it's a book about the you know, the Second Amendment, whatever I might grab, but anyway. He also points out AI directors like Pangram are incredibly prone to false positives. Many of my writer friends worry about being accused of cheating with AI. One novelist with a decades long career and some of his own texts through Pangram as an experiment. It flagged much of his text as AI generated. One page is almost fifty PERCENTAI generated, but it was from a novel published thirty years ago. You're accused of cheating. Where do you appeal? Wow, that's a good one. Armstrong and Getty