Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our two on this Tuesday Dan and the Danette dan Patrick Show. That Dan and the dan Nettes. I was singling out a Danette, which Danette was I singling out. Obviously Todd gets very sensitive. So yes, Todd's here, the Minister of humor, Seaton, Paulie and Marvin as well, plus yours truly in the back room. Guys, we got a new poll question coming up the Monday morning. Quarterback joins us on Tuesday, Albert Breer, who had the best day yesterday. And you know the common strategy in the NFL is that first day of free agency, all right, what did we do? What did my team do? Just because you do something on the first day doesn't mean that it's going to show up, let's say, in December or January. But it does feel good, you know here it is in March. Maybe you don't have good weather where you are, and you're like, what's gonna happen? What can how do I pick up my It's like the draft, you know, start a spring and you're like, all right, we got some guys here, we got some positives here to take us in through the summer. But take Alec Pierce, productive receiver, not a top ten wide out, but free agency opened and he was the object of desire. Twenty nine million dollars. Kenneth Walker Junior, the third running back, big playability, not widely viewed as the best at his position, super Bowl MVP timings, everything, He's getting fifteen million dollars a year. That's the richest deal ever for a free agent running back. So you start to look at this and you go, well, the Chiefs did great yesterday. They got Kenneth Walker. I thought they were going to wait for Jeremiah Love. Because if you said I can have Kenneth Walker or Jeremiah Love, I'm taking Jeremiah Love. But I get that rookie deal with Jeremiah Love as well. But here's Kansas City probably saying we're number nine. We're not gonna get him. He's probably gonna go to the Titans, maybe to the Giants commanders. But if I'm Kansas City, you got to you know, it's an upgrade over Isaiah Pacheco. You start to look at some of these moves and how it's going to impact what your team does or doesn't do in the drafts. So we'll talk to Albert Breer about that coming up. I have the Super Bowl odds after yesterday first day of free agency. DraftKings sent this out. The Rams are the favorites, followed by the Seahawks. Seahawks and Ravens have the same odds. Then it's Buffalo. Then it jumps to the Chiefs, Packers, Niners, and Eagles, and the Chargers have the same odds, and then it's the Lions. So let's look at this. I like what the Rams did improve their secondary and they needed to Seattle. You lose Kenneth Walker. Charbon A will be back. I believe he's under contract with them. The Ravens, that's a big move for them, so they went all in. The Rams have gone all in. The Bills they go to DJ Moore. The Chiefs had a trade then they signed Kenneth Walker. The Packers Rashaun Gary, they got rid of him. I don't think they've upgraded so far. The Niners. You know you're gonna get a future Hall of Famer, and I kind of like the move. I think Mike Evans is a great I think he's a good receiver. Now he's been great, he's gonna be a Hall of Famer. But that's an upgrade for them because you know they can get out from underneath the Brandon Nyuk contract. I get Kittled back healthy, and I give brought pretty some weapons here because that team was banged up last year. So the Niners and the Eagles have the same odds. I don't know what Philadelphia is gonna do with aj Brown. Maybe he ends up with the Chargers, which would improve their odds. And then the Lions that window. We talk about it all the time at window and then all of a sudden it starts to go in the other way, the opposite direction. Because it looked like Detroit was ready. They were armed in dangerous for a three year, four year run. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 3: Two years ago in the playoffs, they were up at halftime and Lions fans were shopping for Super Bowl travel. Last year they missed the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I know, but you still have you know, great receiver, good tight end, you got a good quarterback, great left tackle. You paid Aiden Hutchinson, So I mean those are great pieces to have to make a run. But you know, teams in your division, Minnesota, if they get Kyler Murray, they might be back to being a playoff team, formidable team. Packers would be good and then the Bears were expecting to be good as well. The competition level that's changes. These teams don't stay bad for that long.
Speaker 4: Well some do.
Speaker 2: And I like what the Raiders did. They spent money. They are spending money offensive, defensive line, and they're not ready to win now. But I think, how about the culture you're going to develop. I think that's the most important thing. Are you moving in the right direction, getting the right people having momentum in there. I hate losing Max Crosby, but it makes sense to lose Max Crosby right now. He wants to play, he wants to play for a winner, and you're not ready yet. You'd be kind of wasting those next two years with him. He'll go to Baltimore, and Baltimore is now one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Right eight seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls, Seaton pull question results from our one and what are we looking at an hour two hour two?
Speaker 5: I think we're going to go with one from the too doubasis running this m We have one here from him with their latest moves and if Fernando Mendoza proves to be the real deal. The Raiders are silver and back question Mark and his answers, are you bet you here they come? Or easy there? It's gonna be a while, especially in that division.
Speaker 2: Are they silver and back? Question Mark? Uh, They're not back, They're they're they you know, they're they're trending. How's that? It definitely feels like they're winning.
Speaker 5: They're going in a in a positive direction for sure. Right they have like like one hundred million dollars in cap space, they have all these picks they got like they're.
Speaker 2: Doing well right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably the best they've done in a long time in terms of like, hey, I think they're actually thank you Owen Wilson moving.
Speaker 2: Towards Yeah, yeah yeah. Is that is that Owen or is it other Wilson? Luke? Thank you Luke? Yeah, yeah, they kind of both.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's Owen who was the blonde, right, Luke has the talk Owen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I think Luke does it. I feel like Luke does too.
Speaker 3: Whose career would you want?
Speaker 2: Uh, Owen? Owen? Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be a Wedding Crashers, Yeah, all right, and Luke did a movie with me, luked at Old School. Yeah, he was in Old School. That's pretty that evens out quickly. Oh, old School Wedding Crashers? No, which one you got here? You didn't think you were getting that early on a Tuesday morning. I need a Yeah, so is that which is the better movie? Is that the question you're asking right now? Or you could be in either movie? Wedding Crashers, Old School? Yeah, I'll let you take a minute. I'll let that kind of this is simmer. The whole mood just like got very serious, a little intention.
Speaker 6: Can we go back to sports, the easy stuff? Free agency? Please?
Speaker 2: Come on, Todd, did you see either one of those?
Speaker 7: Mode saw all of wedding Crashes? I don't think I saw all of olds saw bits and pieces of it. I always end up putting it on and it's already in the middle, so that's my.
Speaker 2: I can't do bits.
Speaker 6: And but I really liked Wedding Crash. All right.
Speaker 2: You know who's in those movies?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Wedding Crashers had Wilson in it, and uh, who's the one from the Notebook that was really cute?
Speaker 2: In that Rachel mccaddas on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rachel Mccannchel, that was a great.
Speaker 2: Appearance with Rachael mcco Yes, Rachel McAdam storrible. Yeah, yeah she she is. Yeah, wedding crashers old school, all right. We're also putting up whose career would you want? Buke Wilson Owen Wilson Classic. We had another one there at something.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Todd's that's right, silver and back.
Speaker 2: Okay, This from Albert.
Speaker 6: Breer another dismissive remark.
Speaker 2: Presuming Tua plays for the minimum this year, the Dolphins will wind up paying nearly one hundred and forty seven million dollars for two years on his twenty twenty four contract. They had him at the time on a twenty three point four million dollar option for twenty four, So Miami paid over one hundred twenty three million dollars for one additional year of Tua.
Speaker 3: Whoooooow stead of a day, stant of a day, stall outa day, stannata day.
Speaker 6: This is the style of.
Speaker 2: The s out of the day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. By the way, Pauli kept telling me to watch this show Paradise, and it's Sterling K. Brown, who is great. So I am three episodes in. I was ready to bail after two. I fought through the third episode and Paulie keeps saying, oh, it pays off, it pays off. So then I started watching The Night Agent. I think it's season three. I'd watched the other two seasons, and I might be moving on from Paradise. Paul It.
Speaker 3: I don't want to spoil anything, but where you are it keeps ramping up. I would trust season one. I'll defer to a caller or a listener that saw it. But Paradise season one turns out really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: It's a burn because they're trying to surprise you with certain twists.
Speaker 2: Well, I hate when they go five years earlier, twelve years earlier, three days later. I'm going, I don't know if they're above ground, below ground, I don't know what year it is. It got me confused. Now my attention span is that of, you know, a dog or a cat. But I'm trying. And then I went, let me just go to Night Agent, and all I know what I'm getting old reliable yea, No Lincoln Lawyer. That's old, reliable, good show. That is a great show. Yeah, great show.
Speaker 3: That show is crushing. I saw the numbers. It's crushing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I think it was one or two on Netflix most watch. But Lincoln Lawyer, I don't know the actor who's the lawyer. Nev Campbell is in it.
Speaker 6: But it's good. I like it.
Speaker 2: That's some good characters in there, all right.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, that James Marson from Paradise. That's a good looking fella. Huh, he's a one seed. Yeah, he might be too good looking.
Speaker 2: You and I agree, he might be too good looking. And we never have to worry about that. It'd be like I wouldn't it be nice if somebody said, man, you know, he's just too good looking. Yeah, not gonna happen, Yes, Marv, but our.
Speaker 8: Movie starts supposed to be too good looking? Or do you need like the Paul Giamatti types.
Speaker 2: He's not a movie star. Yeah, he's not a Martin. We always bring up Paul Giamatti, you know, like guys who aren't good looking. Yeah, Paul Giamatti. The hell, Wow, the hell I do. But I would take Paul Giamatti's career over James Marsden.
Speaker 3: Oh, but you get James Marsden's looks because those don't go away. Like if he goes into a lull as an actor, he still looks awesome.
Speaker 2: James Marston, Paul Giamatti is not going to get a role by his looks necessarily. I'd be fine with that. He's not going to lose a role because of his looks. He's just a great actor.
Speaker 3: Could James Marsden be a really good actor, but he's too good looking for us to give him credit for being.
Speaker 2: A great actor. Yeah, it's like a comedian who's good looking. He's just not as funny, right, We like somebody who does it, somebody who looks funny, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like a comedian that's jack. I don't want a comedian that I think can beat me up. Yeah, somebody too good looking, but like Brad Pitt or like Danze Watchington, those guys that have played other people like well, you're way too good looking to play X Y and Z.
Speaker 6: Well that's why the movie stars.
Speaker 2: Vincent Jeremy in Alabama. Hi Jeremy, What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Six twenty number forty eight? You program number one in your heart?
Speaker 2: Dan Okay.
Speaker 9: The question we're having Stell is not old school versus writing crashers. It's still Luke versus Owen. Because Bence Bond's in both movies. Will Ferrell's in both movies. How do you go wrong by picking either movie?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no wrong answer. I mean that's why we have the question. We don't we'll always give you a pull question with easy answers. We want to challenge you whose career Luke or Owen. I'm going Owen all day. There used to be a bar. I don't know if it's still there. It's called the Teddy in Los Angeles, and it's the Teddy. It's the Roosevelt Hotel, and there was a bar there. And I remember going with friends of Sadler, and you know, they said, one of the guys said, hey, you're going to see a lot of names here. Don't embarrass us.
Speaker 6: I go, what am I going to do?
Speaker 9: They go, what?
Speaker 2: You know, just we're not taking pictures. Don't ask for autographs. You know, people go here to kind of be able to hide. So I all right, I'm good.
Speaker 10: So I walk in.
Speaker 2: First person I see is Jonah Hill. Now this is Jonah Hill before Jonah Hill, and he was there with Henry Winkler, the Fawns Son. So I'm with the Sandlers guys and then they go, hey, this guy right here is going to be a big time star, pointing to Jonah Hill. I go, okay, well, nice to meet you. Walk to the bathroom. I'm walking. Owen Wilson comes out as I'm walking in. I go hey, and he goes hey, he goes, what are you doing here? I go, what are you doing here? And he goes, I don't know. And then he kept walking. So I started to I saw like four people like you go, oh, that's It was like a wax museum, and it was kind of weird to just everywhere you looked, you were seeing famous people. But they went there so they could hide. And I'm in there. I'm being a geek. I'm saying, hey, you know who that is over there and that, and then you know, Sandler's guys go, hey, we're not doing that here, yes, Marton. But they were talking to you like you were like some type of civilian. Well, Owen knew who I was. I just think he was surprised that I would be in there with that ilk. You know, Hollywood famous sports famous a little different. But then I had Henry Winkler's son and Jonah Hill. They could not stop talking about USC football and you know, but you know they weren't really famous. But the other people, you know, there were a couple of famous actresses in there, and you're like you know that, And You're like, okay, maybe I can't tell anybody that I can't take pictures. I can say you know who I saw nobody? You did not?
Speaker 10: Yeah I did?
Speaker 2: And uh. And then I was in a movie with Luke Luke Wilson. He was supposed to protect me when I played Abe Lincoln. What it was at the Ridiculous Six? Is that what it was?
Speaker 3: Does he step out to get like a quick sandwich or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he has to go to the bathroom. I think he has to go to the bathroom. And then I'm I'm at the opera and I'm playing Lincoln, and all of a sudden, John Wilkes Booth comes by Luke Wilson's character. He's like, hey, how you doing good? Good I'll be back, And then, of course, you know, we know what happens.
Speaker 3: And this is not based on a true story. It's kind of that's not exactly how I happened.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. The security guy, I hadn't go or take a leak.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the president got killed because you had to go use the bathroom? All right? Albert Rear, the Monday Morning Quarterback, he got sched. Sorry, I had to go. What do you want me to do? Albert Breer, the Monday Morning Quarterback, will join us next here Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Steve Gott's here. I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my wife wanted to kick me out of the house. It's called Stu Gotson Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single day.
Speaker 10: Some of the biggest names in sports. A lot of phone.
Speaker 12: Calls, I love you guys a show it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 11: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously.
Speaker 10: Those are just some of the things that you could.
Speaker 11: Expect from Stu Gottson Company and Stegotson Company Live. So listen to Steve Gotson Company Live and our original podcast.
Speaker 10: Please subscribe, rate.
Speaker 11: And review Stu Godson Company and god Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it and you do it today and you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Troy and Furman Fu. They have punched their tickets to the Big Dance. Get two more phone calls coming up, update the poll results. He is the Monday morning quarterback kind of enough to join us on a Tuesday morning Albert Brier, who had the best day yesterday. Albert, Oh, hey, Dan, I love what the Chiefs did.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, like if you look at kind of where they were, I'm going into the day. They needed to fill running back, they needed to fill nose tackle. They get both those addressed. The reason I really like the Kenneth Walker deal. I go back a couple of years and I remember, you know, when Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs, and Saquon Barkley did deals on the first day of free agency, and there were a lot of people like I can't believe teams are spending on running backs all of that stuff, And I remember taking a step back and thinking to myself, well, look at the three teams that did it. It was the Eagles, the Packers, and the Ravens, and those aren't dumb teams. And so, you know, my thought on it at the time was is this, have we gotten to the point now where teams are looking at and saying that position has been devalued to the point where it's become a value, right, And so then I dug into a little deeper talked to those teams. It was pointed out to me that Darnell Mooney got signed by the Falcons for about the same same at about the same rate that Barkley, Jacobs and Henry got, which was insane to me. You know when you think about the value of those players. So I think that the you know, top end veteran running back who makes it the free agent market has become a value. And so the Chiefs get that. And Kenneth Walker, a guy who can plan all three downs at one hundred and thirty three catches over his four years in Seattle, something they really haven't had in a long time in Kansas City. They get Kiris Tonga to fill their nose tackle role. They get Alohi Gilman to play safety for him. I think Tonga and Gilman, two guys that switched teams last year, are ascending now. So they get those guys I think on the way up, you know. And I think the other thing it does Dan to me, it's really important. This is going to be a big draft of the Chiefs after the Trent McDuffie trade, and I don't think if you're the Chiefs you can count on Jeremiah Love falling to you at nine. So by getting Walker, it really frees them up to just go get the best player with a ninth pick and not have to trade up. And they have the ninth, twenty ninth, and fortieth picks, so if they want, they can go in and maybe get a Travis Kelsey's successor in Kenyon Sadik. They go and get a receiver like maybe a Carnel Tape falls to them. They can go get a corner like like like Delayanne from LSU. You know, you just look at all the different things that they could do now in the draft, and getting Kenneth Walker opens a lot of that up for them. So I really like what the Chiefs did all the way around, and I think it sets them up to have a really great draft and have a different looking team around Patrick Mahomes when he gets back off the ACL.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing the Chiefs did their due diligence realizing that Jeremiah Love was not going to be there and they had had they had to upgrade. So that means Titans, Giants, does Arizona entertain the idea of Jeremiah Love that high?
Speaker 4: So I think for all those teams, the question you got to ask is, like how quickly are we going to get really really good?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 4: So the thing about taking a running back that high is that like their rookie deal, like that's going to be a part of their prime because it's easy to plug guys in at that position and you can produce almost right away. And so, you know, I think for for Arizona, for the Giants, for the Titans, you know what it's going to take is a real sober look at your roster and saying to yourself, are we in a position to do this? Rather than you know, taking a tackle or a pass rusher or someone in a premium position, and I think that's sort of indicative of the overall makeup of the top ten. I made this comparison a couple of weeks ago, and I think it's a I think it's an interesting one. Do you remember the Lions in twenty twenty three what they did when they took Jamiir Gibbs and Jack Campbell in the first round, right? Do you remember how they were criticized for that Dan a running back and an off ball linebacker. Well, you know, now three years later, Jack Campbell's first team All Pro and Gibbs has made three Pro Bowls, right, and so, and if you look at the guys who went up premium positions around them, I mean I picked out twelve or thirteen guys that were picked right around there, and only Christian Gonzalez and Jackson Smith and Jacoba are the same level, are better than the two guys the Lions got. The reason I'm saying that is because you know, I think that's going to be a question a lot of teams are gonna have to ask, is like do we take a premium position a corner, an edge rusher, a tackle. You know, in the top call it twelve picks, or do we go with an off ball linebacker in sunny styles, or a running back in Jeremiah Love or a safety in Caleb Downs. That's sort of the makeup of the top end of the draft. Because you don't have a Miles Garrett type of edge rusher, you don't have a Joe Alt type of tackle. You're gonna have to compromise some and so it does make for an interesting decision. But I think for the teams you mentioned, the important thing is going to be are we ready to take a running back and plug them in and maybe pass up on somebody who could fill a hole at a premium spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Commanders might be the landing spot for Jeremiah Love. If we're talking to Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback. I like that the Raiders spent money. I like that they went out and they overspent for a center. But I got to have the first line of defense for my quarterback. I got to start with my center, who is a high end center. I like that, and then they kind of filled in with maybe players that were not too familiar with but they will serve a purpose there. The Raiders spent money, did they spend it wisely, So.
Speaker 4: They overspent on Tyler Leanderbaum. But I think it was actually a good overspend. Here's the way I look at it, Like, I think centers probably a more important position than guard, and especially in that offense. So like Trey Smith and Tyler Smith are at the top of the guard market right now, right around twenty four million. So like, let's say the value for Tyler Landerbaum was twenty three or twenty four million. Would you rather just spend the three million extra and get the player than risk losing them to the commanders of the Browns or whoever was in it. If you're the Raiders, Like three million isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. And if you've got to overpay because you haven't been winning, then go ahead and do it right. And what you get to me when you look at this is a a guy who's a great scheme fit. He's a smaller guy for the position, but that doesn't matter as much in the Kubiak offense. He's athletic, he can pull, so all that's in place, And then in that offense they put a lot mentally on the center. Right, the center is a huge part of the pre snap operation when it comes to setting protections and all of that stuff. That takes stuff off the plate of the quarterback. So that's going to take stuff off the plate of Fernando Mendoza. So by investing in Linderbaum, I think you're investing in Mendoza. So that's why I like that that move. I think it's a scheme fit and it helps you with your young quarterback. And then you know, as far as the other things they did, I think they took advantage of a depressed market for off ball linebacker and going and getting Kwai Walker and the Kobe Dean. They're taking a flyer in a former first round, taking codity pay. They're bringing back Eric Stokes, you know who I think flashed again as a former first round or at corner. You know, I think, you know, when you get past Lenderbaum, I think you see a lot of sensible mid level moves. You know, they're not the top of the market, but I think they're moves that could make them better, you know, in the short term, in the long term. So I like where the Raiders spent their money.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I'm trying to understand the Dolphins. I wasn't surprised Malik Willis went there, but I was surprised that why not just let this season play out? Why not have quinn ewers play. You're not winning anything, so you're going to give away one of Malik Willis's you know, one year out of three years. It's not a lot of money. And I do I do like him. Yeah, I just why not just ride this out? You know you're not going to be good once again, it's supposed to be a good quarterback draft next year. Why not be in the mix for somebody who is truly a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm with you on all that.
Speaker 4: Like this is very clearly a rebuilding year, like a tear it down to the studs year for them, right, Like, no question about it. I think it's a credibility play, is the way I would look at it. I mean, look like, I don't think there's any question that they're not going to be great this year. And you know, I think you know, over the course of the next few weeks, the next couple of months, I mean you're gonna see the Dolphins really put a lot of eggs in the basket of the draft. And that's been the charge of ownership. You know, like when they were going out and looking for a new GM and looking for a new head coach, a huge part of it was what we need to draft and develop better. And that's why they go and get a couple guys from the Packers and John Eric Sullivan and Jeff Hathley because that place has been a player developing machine over the years.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on like they need a draft better. They had fewer draft picks than any team in the league over the last four years. A couple of their draft classes out of the last five have been complete waste slams. They need to fix that, and they're going to try and fix that this offseason. At the same time, I mean, you can't be the Cleveland idiots from minor from from major league, you know what I mean, Like if you're if you're trying to if you're trying to build a program, And so I do think like bringing in Malik Willis from Green Bay, you know, John Eric Sullivan and Jeff Haffley know exactly what they're getting with him, at least gives you some credibility that you know, for the players who are on hand, we are going to give you a chance on a week to week basis, and you know, maybe we don't have Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes here, but we do have a guy that we can game plan with and a guy that we can compete with.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 4: Just as far as like getting buy in from the players and and and and energizing the team this year, I think Malik Willis does that. And you know, I view him as sort of a high end bridge to whoever the next guy is. And maybe it's somebody like in our Arch Manning or Brendan Soresby or a CJ. Carr or a Trinidad Chandelis, whoever it is next year.
Speaker 2: Uh, Kyler Murray seems like a foregone conclusion. He's going to Minnesota. Just that correct.
Speaker 4: I think he'd liked to go to Minnesota. Yeah, OK, yeah, I think that's I think that's a I think that's a that's a fair fair guess.
Speaker 2: But if not Minnesota, then where.
Speaker 4: Indianapolis? Like I I you know, do you Here's the thing if you're Kyler Murray, because you you're gonna play on the minimum next year, right, so money is not an object. The Cardinals are basically.
Speaker 2: Paying you next year.
Speaker 4: So the reason Kyler Murray wanted to be cut rather than traded is because he wanted to go and he wanted to be able to pick his next destination for football reasons only, Right, So, if you're Kyler Murray, is your best play to go to the Jets or is your best play to go to the Colts if it's not the Vikings. Right, if you go to the Colts, you get to play for St. Shane Stike and you get all the starter reps through the spring and summer. Maybe Daniel Jones is ready for the opener, but if he gets hurt again, then you get in and you'll have some familiarity with the players there. And they've got good offensive players and guys like Pearce and Warren and not Pittman anymore, but Jonathan Taylor, good offensive line. So I think those are the things you have to weigh, right, Like, if you're Kyler Murray, Minnesota obviously be perfect. And I can tell you this, like Kevin O'Connell has looked at these sorts of reclamation projects over the last couple of months in anticipation of being here, and they had such success resurrecting Sam Darnold's career a couple of years ago that they're really interested in doing that with someone again. So my guess would be, like where your guess is that he winds up with the Minnesota Vikings. But I think Gino Smith could wind up being a factor there too. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Speaker 2: Uh. I bring up Jerry Jones, not to troll anybody here, but he's the one who was all in last year and then he's gonna bust the budget this year. What are they waiting on because I think they were in the Max Crosby sweepstakes.
Speaker 4: They were, they were till the end. Yeah, Okay, yeah, I would say one name to keep an eye on for for them would be would be Trey Hendrickson, especially if the market comes down a little bit like it seems to have. They did take care, they did address the edge rusher question, which is the biggest question for them coming into this offseason, and and and going and trading for Shaun Gary. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're not necessarily done there yet. They've got a young player they really like and Donovan Azeraku who was a last year. So I think you could wind up seeing an addition there. They've obviously got the money tied up in George Pickens on the franchise tag, they paid Javonte Williams, and they did make the run at Max Crosby. I could also see them doing something at Corner here in the next day or two. So I don't think they're done, but they did make a move right before they start free agency and trading for Gary and I and I think Rashan Gary is better than some of the edge rushers that went out that that that that got paid out there on the market. And if they wind up with both Gary and Hendrickson, well now you're talking about kind of reimagining who you are on the defensive front, especially if a guy like Asiak who can take another step. So, uh, free agency is not over yet. We're not even twenty four hours in, so you know, I think that I think the Cowboys defense is going to look significantly different by the time we get to the beginning of May when the draft is over. And uh, and and and maybe we'll see another move or two as part of that in the next day or two.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you is always know you're busy. Thank you Albert.
Speaker 4: Awesome, thanks, Dan, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback. Yeah, I misspoke on Rashaan Gary talking about him being a guy who's going to stop the run obviously an edge rusher. So that's e me ee me, all right, your phone calls coming up, update the poll results, and we will dive into the topic here with the NBA, the Atlanta Hawks and Magic City Wings and how did we get to this point? Oh boy, what was it two weeks ago when they announced that they were going to have this promotion in Atlanta? Yeh, Orlando, Magic, Magic City Wings, et cetera, et cetera. And now the commissioner has put the kish on that. We'll talk about that coming up in a little bit. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Michael and fort Wayne. Hey Mike, thanks for holding what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey Dann, thanks for taking my call. I went back after the show yesterday and watched the LA Marathon where the Kenyan runner went the wrong way ended up losing by less than a second. What I hadn't noticed was that the person who beat him was an American, and I felt bad for the Kenyan guy. But then I also had this conflicting national pride because for Kenyan's marathons are like their super Bowl and we won it. And then I immediately sought back to the Olympics where in the gold medal hockey event the United States beeak Canada and in overtime, and all of it just made me wonder what country's national pastime will we ruin next.
Speaker 2: That's a great, great question. I don't know. We'll have to give that some thoughts. That's his thought provoking is would you rather have Owen Wilson's career Luke Wilson's career? But thank you for the phone call there Hesper in West Virginia. Hesper, Yes, what can I do for you?
Speaker 13: Okay, So you were reading off the odds for draft kings for the next Super Bowl, and I was yelling three of the entire time, like where how did Denver slip off the list? Like we weren't ankle away from going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I feel like I agree. I got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten teams. That's all DraftKings sent me. So I don't have the odds for your Denver Broncos, but I know that Ramseyhawks, Ravens, Bill's Chiefs, Packers, Niners, Eagles, Chargers, Lions. Maybe I could get Dylan on this see if we could find the rest of that list to let you know where your Bronco stand. But thank you, thank you for the phone call eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dp show. I mentioned this the Atlanta Hawks they were going to have a Magic City promotional night to pay tribute to the great Wing Place. Magic City. That also is a gentleman's club as well, or maybe it's the other way around. It's a gentleman's club that they also have wings. I don't know if Marvin had wings when he and Mario went there when we did celebrity family feud. Did you have any wings?
Speaker 10: I did not.
Speaker 6: I was busy.
Speaker 2: Focus.
Speaker 6: Okay, exclusive, exclusive merchandise.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I didn't think much that the Atlanta Hawks are going to honor Orlando Magic coming in and call it Magic City, and I go, okay, fine, I mean there's another enough things to worry about out But then all of a sudden, it's all seeing, you know, a couple of social media post and you know, are we going to have strippers? Are we objectifying women? And you know, so it became a larger social issue, or at least it was presented that way, and the NBA didn't think anything of it when they I guess, okayed this or greenlit. I'm assuming the NBA has to be involved in these promotional nights. Maybe Atlanta Hawks and you know, Magic City decided they were going to do it on their own. And you know, it's one of those that would you rather beg for forgiveness or you know, ask for permission. So the NBA said, no, you can't do it because you know the optics of this. Yes, Paul, I've got.
Speaker 3: The original press release from the Atlanta Hawks. They said this on February twenty six. It was a promotion night to celebrate Magic City, Atlanta's premier strip club. The event was not to include dance, which is kind of weird that they would invite them, and the Hawks did not mention Magic City being a gentleman's club in the press release. They called Magic city an iconic cultural institution, and it's about their history and impact and it's an Atlanta landmark.
Speaker 6: That was the press release.
Speaker 2: Okay, could Hooters have a night somewhere you know in the NBA like what, I don't know where?
Speaker 10: Motion of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I mean they keep their clothes on. But it feels hypocritical that here's the NBA saying, you know what, we're going to draw the line when it comes to a gentleman's club that has wings. Meanwhile, what's the point spread on the Hawk's Magic game? You know, are we worried about the kids? And you know Marvin's son is what Lorenzo's twelve?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now he might go to the game and might say, Dad, what's Magic City? And all you have to say is, hey, it's a club that serves wings. I don't think you have to go into you know, Dad went there and made it rain. I mean, there's no dancers there. Nobody's topless at the Hawks game, although that might help attendance, yes, Todd, but kids.
Speaker 6: I'm sure with Google of at you, I don't if you're going to take your parents' word for it. What is this magic City?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 7: About it, and I don't know what kind of pictures are going to say, and all of a sudden you can realize why they pulled.
Speaker 6: The plug on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, What's what's worse though? That you might have to explain that there's a gentleman's club or gambling's readily available right on your phone. Son. To me, if you're going, what's what's the the worst of these two, I'd say, you know, probably gambling, because that is available. I don't think a strip club in Atlanta, Magic City with their wings are going to allow Marvin's twelve year old son to walk in. Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I feel like you just blew by something, though maybe deliberately, But I believe Todd said that they pulled the plug.
Speaker 3: He didn't deliver it like that.
Speaker 5: They pulled not pu ll but po like a strippers, like a pole. That's well, maybe someone would use to dance.
Speaker 2: We see. The problem is seating. As he sent me that yesterday and I ignored it yesterday just like I did today.
Speaker 6: That's the first time for the audience, so they don't know about anything.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did find out from the NBA that day to day they don't approve team promotions like if the Sixers have something on a Tuesday, they don't have to run it by the NBA. So the NBA found out about this after the fact, and the NBA statement says, we appreciate the team's perspective and their desire to move forward. What we've heard from leak stakeholders, fans, partners, and employees, and they said canceling the promotion is the right decision for the broader NBA community.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Mart.
Speaker 8: Most important question for me personally, where's that Magic City merch gonna go? They had, they had it all printed out. It's like the eighty six Red Sox World Series. Where is that going?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'd like to have a hoodie. I think they had Magic City hoodies there.
Speaker 10: That's a good conversation starter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, Tom, what if they called it.
Speaker 6: Magic City Wings promotion?
Speaker 7: That that wouldn't be enough to get it past the goalie instead of Magic City and getting cute that we didn't caught a you know, a club or anything like that, gentleman's club magic City Wings promotion pretending it's all about the wings and there just happens to be girls that dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know to.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: We can discuss this. We have a whole hour to discuss this, tont So Marvin has been there but didn't have the wings. I did not you have the thighs.
Speaker 10: Oh and the.
Speaker 2: Final hour on this Tuesday, Dan and the Dance Dan Patrick.
Speaker 10: Yeah,