Speaker 1: Ten. What time is it where you are right now?
Speaker 2: It is six thirty eight am, So it's actually not that bad. I've got two young kids, so this is really.
Speaker 1: The funniest time of day.
Speaker 2: Famously. Yeah, yeah, all the comedy shows on.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's usually when improv troops meet. They you know, wake up at four am, do their ice bath. Yeah, and then and then come together and just start unleashing hilarity.
Speaker 3: It's funny you mentioned that not to get on one too early.
Speaker 2: But I was in the shower and I was like, rich people misunderstand what a shower is. A shower is like for you know, working class people to get warm yish people like you go take a cold plunge and a cold shower, do an ice cold chap. Fuck you, dude, We're like we live in ship houses that are cold and damp. The shower is like the one time in the morning where you can just heat your body out.
Speaker 3: Take that a wife from us.
Speaker 1: You have the shower is my time to return to the womb, and yeah, leave it.
Speaker 4: Jackson there Like mama.
Speaker 1: I do have a nice jug of milk.
Speaker 4: You have like a little hamster water.
Speaker 1: Bottle and just drink out of it.
Speaker 3: Gurbil style shower, orange jacket, jack the shower milk, just a nice warm shower milk.
Speaker 4: See, white people do have culture.
Speaker 3: Don't touch your legs and drink that milk in the shower.
Speaker 1: I keep when I'm showering, I keep my hands above my shoulders. Wash my legs. You don't want to get canceled, eggs. I don't want to get canceled. Touch my body below the shoulders is a cancer.
Speaker 3: Hands.
Speaker 1: You're just in the bathroom mirror hands, ro hands.
Speaker 4: It's got walking around like you can't even scrub anymore, and we're like, yes you can.
Speaker 3: You really should, actually should.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three eighty nine, episode four of dared eieyst. It's a production of iHeartRadio, and it's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Thursday, May twenty second, twenty twenty five, the third day in a row where you can do the date forward and backwards. A date palindrome five two two two five works both both ways. Just a just a fun.
Speaker 4: Fact bisexual date.
Speaker 1: It's a bisexual date exactly. My name is Jack O'Brien aka we got a white Dan Jenna Pide, Damn the ball that one, Curtis Yeah, Christy Almagucci, Man, I think we just go with this. I think we just actually they keep claiming that that's what's happening, so we just got to do it.
Speaker 4: Are you trying to manifest a white genocide?
Speaker 1: It would really be helpful. We need something to complain about. Play it really be a solid we were having to make them up. I'm thrilled to be joined in our second co host seat, filling in for Miles by a hilarious stand up comedian, writer actor want to be British gangster improviser. You can catch her in Dallas on Sunday. Check the footnotes to buy tickets, and you must if you're in the Dallas area. You gotta go skip your trip to Dealey Plaza and just go see Paulavia.
Speaker 4: Get off the grassy knoll, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Get up off that grassy knoll. Please welcome POLIVI Ganal and.
Speaker 4: It's me. I'm back again, back again.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to be here and I'm happy to assist with white genocide in whatever way you think I should.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you doing your part.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, paulve. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, coming from six twenty three, six forty three tomorrow morning. He co hosts the podcast The Worst Idea of All Time with Guy Montgomery, a very funny stand up comedian, TV writer, producer host. Welcome back to the show, the hilarious.
Speaker 3: Tim bad Kyota from the future. Hello everybody, Hello, Hello, how is it to be the water?
Speaker 1: Warm?
Speaker 2: Water is too warm to the scientists of a correct oleashalves are gone and the warm is a rusty, thirsty Nah.
Speaker 1: Can't trust those guys. Yeah, I guess that's a good point. We're all going to be back to the womb for a very brief period before.
Speaker 4: Man like lukewarm in the ocean.
Speaker 2: I would hope that you would give a tiny bit of context Jack for bringing up the womb out of absolutely nowhere, because we were talking about that off the record, right we were.
Speaker 1: But that might have made it into the cold open, a very well balmy cold open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll never either doubt you again.
Speaker 4: Also, to be fair, Jack brings up the womb like every epid. He's always yearns for the womb.
Speaker 1: You talking about the womb again? Yeah, it's like, please stop.
Speaker 3: I just want to get up explore it. It's like this a Freudian episode, down to what makes Jack tick?
Speaker 1: Jack tick? What's going on? Tim? How? How is everything in New Zealand these days? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, it's a mixed bag.
Speaker 2: I would describe it as we've got we've got Oh, actually, do you know what's happening today is this is kind of nerd politics stuff.
Speaker 3: But our government is releasing the budget.
Speaker 2: It hasn't happened yet, it will be in a few hours from now, and all indications is that it's going to be the grimmest ship ever. Our flavor of our flavor of grimmer is like British flavor rather than American flavor. So it'll be an austerity budget, but no one's allowed to say the word austerity. So they basically they fired like half the public sector since they came in half the government worker.
Speaker 4: I thought Land was doing better than us.
Speaker 3: We I mean, we are, but that's that's a pretty low bar.
Speaker 1: From what I'm actually did notice the bar as they were clearing it. They didn't see it down walked right over there. I watch out, there's a little bump up, like, hey.
Speaker 4: Be careful, you might get you can might get taken off the street, and they're like, we're.
Speaker 3: Fine, we're trying to catch up. It feels like at the moment American they're getting ideas from you guys. They're basically our you know, health is one of the biggest problems here.
Speaker 2: They're underfunding it to the point where they're trying to float a whole bunch of privatization because previously we've had a pretty good ninety percent solely public healthcare system that's that's done pretty well. But they're like, you know, it would be the funny thing to do taking all the money out of there and letting our mates run it all as a business. That would be pretty crack up. So that's what we got.
Speaker 4: This is like when Hitler figured out how to do genocide from what we did to indigenous people in North America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone reading off everyone's reading off your homework book.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, at the moment America, it's just.
Speaker 4: A bunch of swasakas on our path that.
Speaker 1: Does this look Does this still look like a swastika when I like draw it turn it into a heart? Kind of?
Speaker 4: Is that Okay, it's like the ass from middle school, but in a Swaska.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, I saw an Instagram reel where gave like a step by step on how turned that into a think a Pride flag or like a Transali flag or something like that.
Speaker 3: So that's what you got to do out there. You've got to go find that real and turn it into real life.
Speaker 1: We're all good enough. The water is going to be balmy as we all die from climate change.
Speaker 2: I do want to say that I'm sick of I'm sick of nothing but talk. Look also what's on at the moment in New Zealand the New Zealand International Comedy Festival. It's been amazing. I've been to not enough shows because I've got a three year old and a one year old. And actually we just got COVID.
Speaker 4: No like we got COVID.
Speaker 1: The novel Coronavirus is once again novel.
Speaker 2: Absolutely had it for a while. It feels like a real throwback yesteryear. It didn't have me too. I got pretty fucked up for like a day and a half. But my wife's been really knocked back, which is unfortunate. But I don't know, just a reminder that they're still knocking around. I was attemting to.
Speaker 3: Do good news, good news, good nineteen still here.
Speaker 1: Everyone's right, remember those good ideas? The global lockdown? Are you a bad movie connoisseur like a little bit? Yeah? Have you have you seen anything good? Because obviously you're amazing podcast The Worst Idea of All Time, in which you and guy watch Grown Ups two repeatedly? What are you? Have you seen anything lately that seems challenge worthy?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen anything lately.
Speaker 2: We're taking a little bit of a break from the sort of relentless bad movie podcast format. We're doing a thing called good Times on the Worst Idea of All Time Nice, where it's a it is now right now, it's a hang and we're getting our comedian mates to come on, and we're we're trying to spread some good vibes at the moment Nice.
Speaker 3: So people are looking for a respite for me.
Speaker 2: Everything it's a you know, it's a no politics zone except for like we did do a season called Kellionaire where we plotted how to murder elon mask and some others.
Speaker 3: Wow, but I would call that a political.
Speaker 1: That's just letting us some steam. I feel it was cool.
Speaker 3: It was it was with a real evolution because the starter is basically just like a rift story over months, and then we turned it into a game show and got the listeners to come on and pitch us their ideas shark tank style on how they would first of.
Speaker 2: All, get a billion with our moral code on the show is billionaires they exist. Okay, I guess we're going to get thrown in prison if we say you can kill them, but trillionaires don't exist yet, so we can say trillionaires aren't allowed to exist. Therefore, we need to get a couple of billionaires to the trillion dollar mark and then murder that and then spread the wealth. So we were accepting pictures on how you get a billionaire to a trillion and then how you would end them being around.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to talk about those guys, which is exciting also.
Speaker 4: COVID, I'm sorry, Ice is at my door right now.
Speaker 1: Of course, Pilby is the only one who gets an All right, Tim, We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. A fun one up top, there's a store that is offering you the experience of either you could say, like Christmas morning, or stealing from people's porches without all the risk, which is.
Speaker 4: Some people's Christmas Morning exactly.
Speaker 1: It kind of it's an enormously attractive proposition. But basically they have a big sort of like ballpit of returned random Amazon packages, unopened, and then you get to like choose one. We'll talk about it. But it's both seems like the end of the world and also I'm like, I want to do that, Like I could see that catching on. That's pretty fun. What the great uncanceling has begun. Kevin Spacey, he got the Award for Excellence in Film and Television by the Better World Fund. Better at a.
Speaker 3: Galling come just gonna do a little giggling this Better World.
Speaker 1: And then there's also a writer of Last Man Standing who kind of got uncanceled by the Writers Guild after doing some awful shit. We'll talk about Trump quietly killing the COVID booster for most Americans, and we'll talk about both. Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and Jeff Is his favorite book series, this sci fi future book series called the Culture Series. It's like ten ten books. Ian m banks and it is like full blown socialist propaganda, and somehow they've missed the point of it or misinterpreted. So we'll talk about all of that plenty more. But first tim we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 4: It's not Better World Fund.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you want my second most recent sion, I'm just on their LinkedIn now. It was a few days ago. I had to google how to change water level on toilet, which.
Speaker 3: Is an interesting thing to open up for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 2: Number one, because I don't know how to do any di y round the house stuff, so this is this is a brand new area. I've never never tried my hand in any form of plumbing before.
Speaker 1: To just always assume toilets had like a natural water level.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 4: You also haven't played Mario ever, because that ever.
Speaker 3: I have played Mario.
Speaker 2: That was highly instructive when I was learning how to drive a car, and I have found out.
Speaker 1: To mis committede vehicular man's letter multiple times.
Speaker 3: I can't leave the house without two bananas and one tour.
Speaker 2: But there's a whole bunch of stuff inside of the system.
Speaker 3: And that determines the water level. But in America, you guys, I think kind of universally around the whole country. From what I've seen, I've been around both coasts. I think I've been to Portland, Oregon a few times. I've been to Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's better than I can do.
Speaker 2: The water level and your toilets is so high everywhere, it's like right up to it.
Speaker 4: Well is yours super low? Like American We're like, we have the most ship water in the world.
Speaker 1: You want it.
Speaker 3: There's like a greened yost nature to your water levels.
Speaker 1: To go into an ostentatious amount of water exactly.
Speaker 4: Everything's bigger in the US, including our ships.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't get you don't get the kind of splashback risk factor that we get in my native country of New Zealand, because there is a distance that that pooh is diving from.
Speaker 1: You need that toilet brush when you're to love the tone too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you using the toilet brush for?
Speaker 1: To clean clean the toilet, to clean the to.
Speaker 2: So you were getting pool off your butt or something.
Speaker 1: In in foreign toilets, you definitely need the pooh brush a little bit more than you do in American ones where everything's gone directly into a pool of water. And for yourself, Jack, incredibly bad aim or really good. But yeah, that's interesting. I hadn't really thought about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's It was also off the back of so I've kind of built a podcast studio at my house. I converted We've got a three car garage and I converted that into a podcast studio and it's got its own toilet, and it's that one that got wrecked.
Speaker 3: And I don't know for sure who wrecked the toilet, but there was an incident.
Speaker 2: And honestly, okay, it's a very it's a short list of people who were recording that day.
Speaker 4: So I thought all white guys just had a podcast studio in their homes.
Speaker 2: The government programs out, but I got there before the government was paying for those.
Speaker 1: We all get a Better World Fund award and we are given a podcast studio in our homes just to make sure that everybody can hear what we have to say.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, the Better World first of all their website Better World dot fund red flag to me and I'm on there, I'm on the LinkedIn. This whole thing looks very sus I'm seeing like the logo was giving fiver and there's a lot of AI looking videos to me. There's one shot of Leonardo DiCaprio on their website on the homepage, which I think they're doing to sort of launder their reputation, but may in fact behaving the opposite effect.
Speaker 4: Wait, that also tracks. Yeah, that also tracks with the type of people who enjoy people who dat young people.
Speaker 1: I think Kevin's been a little twenty five year olds twenty.
Speaker 4: Five year olds technically are young people.
Speaker 3: Although twenty five is too old. It's twenty four. Is that that's the last year you're allowed to be in LEO?
Speaker 1: Twenty five is when you get your Golden Watching retirement party.
Speaker 4: He shoots you, he takes you up.
Speaker 1: Jesus, what is tim Something you think is overrated.
Speaker 2: Something that I think is overright. Okay, So I'm a big geek, like I love technology, and I got to tell the people from my take Ivory tower, where I get a very good view of everything.
Speaker 3: You've got to stop buying flagship phones. This is so expensive and so unnecessary, Like ninety nine point nine percent of the population should be buying cheaper phones than what they're getting. And this applies for like laptops and tablets as well. We've sort of in a bunch of different devices, we've reached peak thing.
Speaker 2: We've reached peak phone like years ago, peak laptop years ago. So you can either pay three thousand dollars to get the best laptop on the market, or literally pay half that amount to get like ninety five percent of that laptop. And it's the same with phones. All the cameras. Now, as long as you're paying like above, sort of four hundred dollars US for a phone, now you're going to be getting like the camera will be pretty fucking similar to the one that you're paying twelve hundred dollars for.
Speaker 4: You think I want ninety five percent water in my toilet? Do you think I'm gonna have a ninety five percent is good phone? I'm American, Okay, I want a phone big enough to defend me from the mass shootings? All right?
Speaker 3: What about this? What about that?
Speaker 2: Save money by not buying two flagship phone, by buying one flagship phone, by two mid ray phones. You can put one in each breast pocket and then no matter which way the shoot comes from, you protect it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good reasonable, but like having a disposable phone that you just need one.
Speaker 4: Now we need one to get back into the US.
Speaker 1: So when you're talking flagship, is that like iPhones and like Apple products essentially top of the line stuff.
Speaker 3: Just don't get the like no one really should be getting the top of the line stuff. And it's where all the companies make all their money because the staff below that, the profit margins are a lot lower.
Speaker 4: They're so expensive. But also like they require such like geekree to like know the difference between like what you're missing and what you like want for what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Fucking it's a status symbol. It's like pure status symbol. So please invest a little bit of time in going to therapy and sorting yourself out rather than getting fifteen dollars phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's you dad here?
Speaker 4: Now what what a what phone do you have?
Speaker 3: I'd ask you not to out me like that, please.
Speaker 4: Wow, I thought you were going to give me some insight into like nude.
Speaker 3: I'm a big nude and I got a really good deal on it. So I got one of those phones that folds.
Speaker 1: Oh I love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty extra, and I have just made myself a pretty big hypocrite, but I'd be I'd be super happy with Like, for example, if you're an Android person, there's like the same song.
Speaker 1: A really I feel great?
Speaker 3: Yeah great, it's cheap. Great.
Speaker 4: Would you if you were a person who wanted a non flagship phone, would you be alienating yourself in a group chat? Would that be an Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the deal with I need? Because I've always been an Android dude? Sorry, because I'm a I'm a nerd, So what's the deal?
Speaker 3: Didn't they fix that? Didn't they fix that?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: If you're if you're the if you don't know about the green bubble, you are the green bubble? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, But didn't they fix it?
Speaker 1: Didn't they get like probably a way to get around it.
Speaker 3: They got them talking to each other.
Speaker 4: Now maybe I don't know if I still enjoy that discrimination, you know, I think that's.
Speaker 1: For that's like a flex by Apple to make sure that you don't.
Speaker 2: The only people in my life who pay me out for having an Android phone?
Speaker 3: Am I like? Very good comedian gay friends.
Speaker 1: So that's me and we're friends.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no.
Speaker 3: Too deep?
Speaker 1: What's something you think is underrated? Tim?
Speaker 2: I heard something for this by one change because it's two gram So I'm gonna say underrated. Hot showers so good in the womb. It's it's there's a few luxuries in life that you can you can pretty much afford any you know, situation as long as you've got a roof over your head, and a shower is one of them. Where it's just like pretty much anyone can get access to a hot shower.
Speaker 3: And I just rate it so highly. It's the bad.
Speaker 2: It's so nice. You wake up, You're like fuck being awake right now.
Speaker 3: That sucks. That's the worst I have to go and do a day. I guess I have to fucking go to work now and listen to some idiot. You know what I'm gonna do before then.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna completely shut myself off from the rest of the world, so I will see and hear nothing and be in my own tiny little steam box between five and fifteen minutes, depending on how my depression is going that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a hard time getting out of that shower, I really and I take please, I will wake up early to just take a longer shower. It's yeah, it's just so nice.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's bad for power and for water and everything, but like we've got to have a couple of things left over, right, can we.
Speaker 1: Gotta have it? We have showers?
Speaker 3: Is that okay?
Speaker 1: I think we should all agree on the one thing, and I do think a hut hours at the top of the list.
Speaker 4: Also, after after learning about your toilet water deficiency, I'm like, is it a trickle over there with your shower? Are you just like a few drops? Thank God?
Speaker 2: The amount of shia hases I've lived in, or as we call them, flats with terrible water pressure where it is, it's like getting into a room where an old man is dribbling on you for seven minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, having good water pressure is a fucking revelation. It is changing.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I take showers, like in the middle of the day or like mostly like at night, I'll take a shower because I have like restless leg and so like there will be some day nights where I cannot fall asleep and I'll just like do the hot shower and it's very soothing for my legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there more RESTful at night.
Speaker 4: You're more RESTful. I'm like, calm down.
Speaker 3: These seems legitimately like kind of debilitating, really annoying, super.
Speaker 4: Restless leg Yeah. Yeah, that coupled with my sleep apnea and severe mental illness. Listen going on, I'm unemployed.
Speaker 1: Triple threat. I believe that's what we call a triple threat.
Speaker 3: Unemployed or led, you know, layered.
Speaker 4: I'm in. I contain multitudes and they're all they all have zero in their bank account.
Speaker 3: Dang it, they're all covered by the icy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and I do just want to say that you had sent her out along your overrated underrated. Not all guests do this, but they really thoughtful, conscientious, courteous ones will send along like, hey, here's what I'm thinking about talking about in case, like somebody did it yesterday, and so Tim sent along his and so we we know you're underrated. Was before hot showers, and it was that climate change is still happening. And you included a link to an article that fucked my whole morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's fine. Was visited like every time I come to the show, I complained about late stage capitalism and the fact that the world's fucking burning down. So maybe I'll take a different tech. But yeah, no, it's a devastating article.
Speaker 2: Basically a bunch of climate scientists is saying, hey, guys, you know how we're definitely not going to reach the was it keeping it on one point five degrees? Well, even if we did, I think we're maybe at one point five now. So they're saying like if somehow some miracle happened and just we stayed at where we are right now, which we definitely are not going to.
Speaker 1: Now we agreed, Hey, just f yi, and we're not signing any like binding kind thing, but just f yi, we're going to start at one point five. All right, everyone agrees to this and.
Speaker 3: Then do the absolute best and what we're going.
Speaker 4: Climate change with the same way that like Sandra Bullock's character had to get through blindfold. I'm not looking at it directly or I might die if we don't look at it.
Speaker 1: It's fine, right, we could just stand named the Blindfold. It should have been called blindfoldin fault. That is true.
Speaker 2: I would have seen it if it was called blindfold. I have a better idea about what it's about. But I mean this is this is the global editor. Okay, So we all agreed we try our very absolute business for one point five We're currently at one point two and we're on Trenck to get to two point nine.
Speaker 1: Two point nine is bad.
Speaker 3: It's so so bad.
Speaker 2: What the climate scientist was saying in this most recent report, which was like a meta analysis of a whole bunch of scientific studies across a few different related fields, is that even if we got to the one point five, which we won't, as shit's still gonna get exceptionally ranked.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the it's the old the very first consequence of climate change that I learned about via Kevin Costner's Water World, the rising sea levels. They're like the the melting ice caps and like Greenland and all the Antarctic ice sheets that is like accelerating faster than a lot of the more pessimistic models head and like we're going like we're going to lose huge chunks of land. There's going to be a mass migration event over the next hundred years, just inevitably, because we're already like past the point of like not losing that, like the sea is going to be going up by There was one that was like if we get to two point nine and like everything melts, the water sea levels would go up two hundred and thirteen feet. That's that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all of that beast cities at the coast. Yeah yeah, that's kind of how we built them.
Speaker 4: I think this is why they kept calling us coastal elites. They're just trying to wash us out of there. They're just floods.
Speaker 1: People live less than one meter above sea level, and we're we're talking many many meters rise in sea level, so we're.
Speaker 4: All going to be in a Jack and Rose situation imminently, or like.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to do the atmosphere engineering where they punch a whole bunch of like heavy meadows into the atmosphere to block the sun.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, we're going to sea from what I understand, yes, probably, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I was talking to like civil engineers at one of my dad's conferences, and they're like talking about building man made islands. But I'm like, that's for rich people, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's are also the islands in space?
Speaker 4: Where are the unhoused people going to be on these man made of asking?
Speaker 3: That question is no, that's just.
Speaker 4: Water world, like the water gang. Can we call dips on that now?
Speaker 1: Like it this article? I was it's just everything's going to be shrinking with the same number or more people. Excuse everything everything shrinking. Everything shrinking, So in some ways another silver lining, things that used to be considered small might look bigger. Second, it might be average.
Speaker 4: Now people should appreciate that.
Speaker 1: It's literally Fortnite, though, Isn't this what the game Fortnite is is like the game play area is like shrinking as people and people are just like killing each other to like you as the game progresses. I know that was the premise of like pubg Player Unknown Battleground, but like, I think that was also Fortnite that, like the whole play area shrinks slowly so it like gets harder to like hide.
Speaker 2: You mean diminishing resources and people getting wiped out so that people and the metal can and reach themselves.
Speaker 1: The children are training. I think the children are training, okay, for the.
Speaker 3: Futures and the and the best way possible with guns.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest, I'm gonna pass out in like the first thirty minutes of this happening. I'm just going just leave me and be too tired to bat.
Speaker 3: Here's the here's the pitch.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to like work on but for years now we've been through crazy shit, Like even recently, I can't imagine what it must have been like to be around during World War two, you know, just like everyone is dying exactly all of the time, just like family members of yours just constantly sent off just so much death. And wil War one horrible, you know, like even Spanish influenza that week era.
Speaker 1: Like we're from depression to the dust ball to World War two. It's just like global catastrophe is just compiling. It's like, oh, we're we're doomed, Like if the Internet had been around back then.
Speaker 3: How I see this is not how I read that, because I think that kind of dumerism is going to get everyone's hands off the wheel. And the thing is with climate change is that like any fraction of a degree that we can avoid getting to is going to be super helpful for the planets. That everyone actually does need to engage with this and like really throw down. And I think, like, look, is shit going to be bad? Oh yeah, it's going to be pretty fucking bad.
Speaker 2: But we've done really bad ship before, We've been through bad ship before, and we have we do have a far bigger toolkit than we've ever had, and it feels like we're a little bit getting better at dealing with crises like COVID nineteen was a crazy, crazy thing, a crazy time. A lot of people died, there's no doubt about that. But the ability for us to like whip up a vaccine in the speed that we did once we said our you know, resources to it.
Speaker 3: It's pretty impressive. And all of the there is a whole bunch of amazing shit happening with like solar technology and new battery technology that's coming out, like there is I think, you know, we've fucked ourselves on the timeline a little bit. We didn't act quite fast enough, and we're gonna have a lot of effects, but it's not going to be the case that everyone's dead. It's like sh It's going to change a lot. It's gonna get really hard, but we can never have to deal.
Speaker 4: With Okay, I believe that for you guys. But I will be dead.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're an island nation. We'll be underwater day.
Speaker 4: You you will be surviving and floating. I'm I'm giving it. I'm kidding. The human race should continue. I'm tired all right.
Speaker 1: We should talk about This is just a I don't know, like this is just like a snapshot of the dystopia we live in. This is this was going viral while a few weeks back, but it missed me. So there's a store in the Bronx Dollar universe where you can go and pay four dollars to pick a random Amazon package that was like originally ordered by someone and either returned or lost. But I think it's just all like when when you return an Amazon package and Amazon's like, well, we're not gonna fucking sell this, so they just like put it in a big warehouse where then people like bid on it. And so this store owner, industrious capitalist that he is, goes and just buys like huge palettes of these boxes, puts them in a pit of capitalist despair, and then people come through and just pick a unopened box and pay four dollars to get the experience of, depending on how you look at it, Christmas morning as an adult or being a porch pirate, but without the risk of like being shot or arrested.
Speaker 3: Four dollars a good price.
Speaker 1: It's a good price, Like he nailed a price point on it.
Speaker 2: Like I would go, yeah, all of this is like some pieces of shit like get a Menion dog toy or something. But for four dollars, I'm willing to buy that lotto ticket, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly because it could be like electronics, it could be like yeah.
Speaker 3: Flagship fun which if you know.
Speaker 4: But it's like great that He's like, honestly, if it gets rid of the waist and it helps like a small business owner, I think that was a great idea of him, even though it is very dystopian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean it's just I don't know that it gets rid of the wasst It just like moves the waste around. It probably was going to be it was probably going to be like disposed of, like incinerated in some awful way.
Speaker 4: You're right, but now it will be in like three years.
Speaker 1: So right.
Speaker 2: You'd have to think though, if if it's four dollars, right, so this person is building a business around each mystery out of being four dollars, it's I he's buying them for two on average, he's.
Speaker 1: Buying them for less than a less than two on average. He buys four hundred items for six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Uh, wait, where is that? If I saw the math I could do it in my head.
Speaker 1: So four hundred items that's six hundred dollars is like, you know, less than two dollars half, Yeah, it's like one and one and half one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's buck one fifty fifty item is buying this.
Speaker 1: You guys were both doing the math, Like, wait, let me check all of his math on this. She's only a former PhD. Double check this.
Speaker 2: How like that from Amazon's point of view, the men maxing that, you know, determining the most efficient way to get rid of stuff that has value is getting it out the door at a dollar.
Speaker 4: Storage buy them. But also like just I'm like afraid that, like now that Amazon knows about the popularity of this, they're going to do it and they're going to like ruin this man's business.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, they might sense to me like you should on TAMO would even you spin a wheel and it can give you a desk you just spent you just pipe food allays, spin a wheel on they send you a fucking package.
Speaker 1: Can you get the Amazon's probably going to, yeah, get get in on this where they're like, hey, well well we'll get the address on one of these things. If you yeah, well you guys are right on. First of all, it is it is interesting, like where are these coming from? The one that ABC, the local New York City ABC News affiliate, was able to try. They went, got one of the packages. It's still had This is a problem. It's still had. The person that dress send phone number on it.
Speaker 3: It's a huge problem.
Speaker 1: That's a bit of a problem. And he was like, what, I like, scratch it out in dark ink. I didn't think you'd be able to see it. But anyways, they reach out to the person and confirmed that it was a this yoga mat that they got four dollars. Not a bad price problem.
Speaker 3: It's Amazon's problem though, right They should be not selling palettes of people's.
Speaker 1: So that so this is progressing in exactly the direction you would expect. Walmart actually ensures its liquidators remove all information from the box. Amazon doesn't give a fun. They're doing everything like they're moving things as fast as.
Speaker 3: The Amazon is. Amazon has managed to become morally more deplorable than fucking Walmot. That is a crazy rice to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so when Amazon was told that this was happening, they I think this fun experiment is going to come to an end soon. Because Amazon said it is investigating the matter, including adding the possibility that these products may have been delivered to customers addresses were stolen and are now being resold by unauthorized third parties. So they're basically saying to this shop owner, like what we'll call the cops on you.
Speaker 2: We can't have it be fine buying them from Amazon. He's buying them from a liquor stick this dude. But yeah, exactly, and that like in a thing that is like fully your fault, that like you're not doing the bare minimum of prejective customers hot idea, Jeff, maybe leave Katy Perry at home, put the rest of them in the rocket, and with the money you saved from not bringing Katy Perry to you know, low Earth Orbit, you could scratch out people's details on the stickers before you sell the palette space.
Speaker 1: Katy Perry, do that in exchange for whatever Katy Perry to do that.
Speaker 4: Maybe it'll distract her from trying to like destroy nuns in court.
Speaker 3: There's fascinating.
Speaker 4: There's a law called Perry's Law that gives like a seventy two hour hold for people over the age of like seventy five probably selling their properties. Yeah, because Katy Perry has multiple times fucked over old people who aren't including including nuns, one of whom like died in court or something, had a heart attack in court. Like she's like an evil person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in a very real way. I think in California that introduced basically a specific elder abuse law named it after Katy Perry because of this crazy record she's got of it, would say, allegedly tricking old people into selling their property for way lower the market value and basically hacktoring them and to signing it away really quickly.
Speaker 2: It's found out about this recently, but it's like this fucking woman.
Speaker 4: It's like a level of evil you can't even conceive because you're like, aren't you busy singing? Like why are you? Like why don't you buy a home that's available?
Speaker 1: Hell? The super Bowl halftime show though, Karen Russell brand I know what to do.
Speaker 4: At first? Have you seen the Katy Perry documentary?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 4: Okay? So she's like working super hard on tour and like performing and everything, and he's like being like weird, and then he tells her he wants a divorce, like while she's in her chair getting her makeup or whatever right before going on, and she's like silently weeping and then sucks it up and does her fucking show and wins you over. You're like, oh my god, Katy Perry. And now she's like kicking old people. It's so bad.
Speaker 1: She's just like the good one in that relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, being but also like I don't know, like.
Speaker 1: For a pope, being a good one in a relationship with Russell Brand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you rather.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back, and the great uncanceling has begun. According to Kevin Spacey, he's feeling some momentum after he was given the Award for Excellence in Film and Television by the Better World Fund at a gala in con feels feels all like a work of satire. This was again months after news dropped that he's facing yet another lawsuit for allegedly committing sexual abuse, and he was announced we are truly privileged to welcome Kevin Spacey as our guest of honor and honoree at the Better World Fund gala by the president and founder of the Better World Fund, and he told the crowd, it's very nice to be back.
Speaker 4: Ew e e e ew he.
Speaker 1: Was really like, it felt like he was like and finally like, I can put all of this behind me. I feel surrounded by so much affection and love. I've heard from so many of my friends and colleagues and co stars in the last week since this award was announced. It's very nice to be back. And then he went on an unhinged rant comparing his own career consequences stemming from multiple allegations of sexual assault to the Hollywood Blacklist during the red Scare. What do He also cited the case of sitcom writer Tim Doyle, who was censured by the Writer's Guild for posting a photo of a lynching in a writer's Facebook group during the strike. So somebody said, happy you do that. Someone said happy one hundredth day to all who observe as a comment to mark the one hundredth day of the WGA strike, and he was one of the first to comment, and his joke was, I just got my tree up with a black and white image featuring like a man hanging from a tree on what appears to be a lynching. And the writer director Keith Powell from thirty Rock, he plays two fur from thirty Rock was like one of the admins of the group, and he immediately was like this. He described his post as especially horrible, racist, self martyring, vile, clueless, out of touch, boneheaded, disturbing and toxic post, and he was censured. But I think the Writers Guild voted to reverse their center of him on the same day that that was actually something that Spacey said in his speech two weeks ago. The Writers Guilt in a vote with all their members reversed their center of Tim. And at the same time, Manuel invited me here to accept this award. So he's like, we're starting to many people.
Speaker 4: He's like pedophiles and racist. You didn't know I was one, but I am right.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if so? There was his name, Tim Doyle, this writer.
Speaker 1: Very funny, very funny joke by him.
Speaker 2: You've done fucked up, You've done fucked up so bad, and you've done everything you can to try and sort of put it behind you and get everyone to forget.
Speaker 3: And Kevin Spacey takes the stage in.
Speaker 4: Ceremonial I know, my brother, we did the same thing.
Speaker 3: No no, no no no no no no no no no. I don't want this one. I don't want defense from Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 1: No studio will touch him because of a joke he posted. Is how Kevin Spacey described it, of course, not explaining what the joke, what the joke like. Also, it's not a joke, like I don't It's just seems like he just had racism in his heart and was like, let me just like get this out here. I'm on the internet a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where you sort of like get one of those pictures from you know what I mean. It's not like a thing that that just sort of falls into your phone because someone posts it as a mame.
Speaker 4: He just had it saved on his phone. It's got like he's like, let me just go to my favorite album. Yeah, you guys seen the Morning Show on I think it's.
Speaker 1: Apple, Uh Jennifer Show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So Steve Carrell plays like I think his portrayal of like a dude who got canceled for inappropriate workplace sal behavior. Yeah, like a Matt Lower type. It's like very good. And he meets someone who is like on his side and wants to do a documentary with him about like people who get canceled. Spoiler alert and and it's Martin Short, and Martin Short like describes even like further stuff that he's done with, like like pedophilia stuff, and then Steve Carrel is like because like Martin Short's like, we're like the same, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's funny.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, not like that. No.
Speaker 3: I'm it's important for people to remember as well.
Speaker 2: And I think most people like, well remember this, but for my money, we should be talking about it all the time because of how goddamn and sane this was. Kevin Spacey got credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor to the point where it got into the courts, and also sexually abusing other people, which I can't remember if they were miners not.
Speaker 3: I think they were.
Speaker 2: They were sort of above the legal age, but sexual like criminal act.
Speaker 3: He was accused of multiple times.
Speaker 2: Multiple people died while the cases were going through, and then like I think it was maybe during the COVID lockdowns, he released a video from his kitchen as as underwad let me be Frank, Let me be Frank.
Speaker 4: You didn't drink Christmas.
Speaker 3: The lady was camera and it was just like, what the fuck are you? What is this dude?
Speaker 1: Psych character? I haven't watched House of Cards, but that it's a character who like kills people all the time to get out of trouble.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Like the first season, the sort of character defining moment is that he pushes a journalist in front of the subway train who he's befriended, played.
Speaker 4: By one of the Maros sisters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is a spoiler. But I heard that show sucks shit. So actually no one's watching.
Speaker 4: Which which like I was kind of like I was talking to Jackies about this and we were like everyone stopped watching because of him, but like after he left, so we kind of like reinforced that we were watching because of him, even if that's not why, you know what I mean, Like we kind of did it backwards.
Speaker 2: Well, they should have stopped making it, like they really needed to cut their losses, but Netflix were like one more season and put Robin Wright at the Helm, who rolled by all accounts unfortunately.
Speaker 1: You know, it is also one of those shows that historically, it like kicked off this streaming boom that now is destroying the entertainment industry and in Hollywood at least, so it's really holds kind of an uncomfortable position for.
Speaker 3: A bunch of reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know that multiple people died during the investigation, Like, that's great. How many people died?
Speaker 3: I don't know, top of mine, but I think it's it's like it's more than.
Speaker 1: Two that what that's like a lot? Yeah, yeah, I don't know that anything, like if he's ever been credibly accused. I think just the fact that he then, like the character he chose to inhabit to address the public was a person who kills people, gets out of deals with scandals by murdering innocent people and witnesses.
Speaker 4: And he's also saying, let me be this person.
Speaker 1: Let me be Yeah, exactly, I do. It is a weird coincidence and at the very least him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, legally speaking, it is a weird incident.
Speaker 4: It's also like, isn't it like a mass shooting if it's like three or more people or something like or four people, it's like that, but with like out of a specific group of people for Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 1: Very strange. It's so crazy, very strange coincidence.
Speaker 2: But listen, I don't want to callt Kevin Spacey's legal team to this fine show.
Speaker 1: So they are big for we hear from them all the time.
Speaker 4: How do we get Kevin Spacey to become a trillionaire?
Speaker 1: So maybe all he has to do is read this sci fi series, the culture series that is written by what's this guy's name, Ian M Banks, Scottish writer. It is hard sci fi where people you know, explore space. People describe it sounds a lot like a combination of like Star Wars and Star Trek. And I'm sure me just generally combining those two franchises in describing another franchise will not insight the anger of any sci fi fans. I'm sure they'll be cool with me saying that.
Speaker 3: But people say it's like cymously chill people. Yes, the Hoti fans laid back dudes.
Speaker 1: But so this is apparently the favorite sci fi of Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk. You have to assume it has all sorts of like libertarian ideals built into it. It is in fact written by a card carring socialist who despised the super rich and once shredded his UK passport and mailed it to Tony Blair during the Iraq.
Speaker 4: That is amazing. Whoa this is how much they hate women? They're like fuck iin Rand, We'll take whatever this guy has exactly.
Speaker 1: You have your book series. You can just see that she thought you guys ruled. You could just read that thing about the you know, people who like trains or whatever the fuck I Ran series is. But yeah, it's like people who read it are like, yeah, no, it's depicts a world where AI does exist, but it's used to better people's lives and like make it so that people have less like busy work to do, and the actual like archetypal super villain is a billionaire capitalist and there's no police or crime, and society essentially rules by cancel culture, like all these things that you would think they would be against, especially Elon Musk, who like names. Elon Musk has like named his spacecraft after like spacecraft in this book, Like he crazy open an avowed huge fan of this book, and it just seems to represent everything that he despises.
Speaker 3: This is an ongoing theme of billionaires reading sci fi letterature, which are supposed to be this sort of informative, artistic explorations of what happens if we take the idea of capitalism to its natural conclusion, and we're technology is eating and they go oh, yeah, cool idea. It's like, no, fucking not what we were trying to say in this book. What we were saying it was a bad thing. They're seeing the villains and like really identifying with them and going, oh, that would be a cool thing to do. They missed the point again and again. This is like not the first sci fi series where your elons and your bezosis have like glorified the worst elements of what are supposed to be cautionary tales. To the rest of us. They're dumb.
Speaker 4: God the sketch I probably brought up on here a thousand times, and I will continue going back to is Mitchell and Webbs are we the baddies? Because they will never reach the point where they're like, wait a minute, they never reached that point. They're just constantly like in their skull uniforms being like we're doing a good job.
Speaker 2: I get that's part of the pathology of being a billionaire. You don't get to be a billionaire if you have self awareness. If you possess self awareness, you don't get to trample on as many scales as you need to to accumulate that much wealth to yourself, Like it's just not possible.
Speaker 3: So what we're dealing with is like.
Speaker 2: A self selected group of people who are lacking like not just basic humanity and decency, but any kind of self awareness that the most of the rest of the population possess and walk around with and give us our little neuroses and that voice inside your heir going, hey, maybe I shouldn't maybe this, you know, maybe this will make this person feel bad, Maybe this will have negative effects for someone who isn't me. They're like demonstrably missing that component of their fucking brain to get to the billionaire status. That's why you've got to legislate against this stuff, because if you leave these guys to their own devices, this is what happens. You need infrastructure like the to just go, hey, guess what your first billion, go and make it.
Speaker 3: But you're not like, we will.
Speaker 2: Just take the rist after a billion and we'll build hospitals and rides with it.
Speaker 1: Something that billionaires I feel like like to say, is like the first million or the first billion is the hard part and then like from there. And I think that's really true, Like I think we're overrating how difficult it is to go from like being a one hundred millionaire to a billionaire. I think just a lot of people stop because they're like, well, I don't have anything compelling me to keep like compounding my money in a way that's just going to harm people. And so what we're left with is people like billionaires who are just the most pathologically narcissistic people out of a group of like five hundred, you know, one hundred millionaires, and they're like class of like super privileged, lucky people. And it's just this self selecting thing where it's like that you have to be broken in a very profound way to get to be a billionaire, and then we just do the whitewashing for them to be like and they're actually really smart and they're the smartest Okay.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you guys just aren't hustling and grinding one day that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Me, okay, and not just broken in a way that's interesting, but broken in a way that is always deep for me to the rest of us.
Speaker 4: And yeah, but if they just were like I'm gonna learn I'm gonna pay yoyoma to teach me violin, we'd be like, sure, dude, whatever you know. But they're using it to like destroy the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, so the the culture. In the world of the culture, people are gender fluid, So anyone can change gender just by thinking about it. And most people, why don't they do once in their lives.
Speaker 3: Hey, elon, why don't you pay attention to that part of the book and maybe folk that into your personality. Then it's okay to express your gender however you want to. Instead, you're like honing out on the worst.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they're yeah, they're blatantly morally incompatible with the existence of billionaires. That's like the person who wrote the books, he's now past, but he's like that there. It's just like a bunch of like hippie commie people with like amazing technology.
Speaker 2: You guys think now that this presents like a big problem for writers, writers and other artists who are creating what is supposed to be like instructional art about sort of class consciousness. And yeah, the way that we're structuring, you know, how we treat our wealthiest individuals. Because if I was a sci fi writer, now, this is the terrain that I would want to play in. But you're like, fuck, I might accidentally be writing an instruction manual for these psychos yeah, because they don't have amazing imaginations, but they can like go and find my ideas that I'm trying to put out there to be a cautionary tail, and go, oh, yeah, we should do this. Do you actually think this might have like a shelling effect at the moment of people who want to write these books and exploring these ideas, but they're two, They're going to give these ideas to the billionaires.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe maybe it'll just like get make people take a harder look because like one of the things, so this is from a box article is just written about these books and about like this fandom, and they this box article is saying, like in the end, the thing that always happens is the good guys develop a piece of technology and like use it in a clever way to like solve the problem. And so it ends up being sending the message that like more power or like better technology equals being right. And so in that way, like the theme of the book is the most important thing powerful people can do is use their power to make the world or to make like the better technology. You know.
Speaker 2: And so you got to write some sci fi books about solidarity and unionizing.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, wait, Okay, this this is this brings me to Shazam? Is that the movie?
Speaker 1: That's the movie right with Zachary Levi?
Speaker 4: Yeah, who ironically is this crazy Trump supporting libertarians. But in Shazam spoiler alert, he like redistributes his powers and that's how they save the day. He like shares his powers with his other like brothers and sisters and they're able to save like there's no one hero at the end of it. And so that's why I always, I always like loved that movie for that reason at the end, because usually it's just like Spider Man just like thinking harder and wanting it more and then be finding the strength and it's like, no, dude, you need other people to help you. And that's like what the moral of that movie was. But Zach really I didn't.
Speaker 2: Really learn that plus this story going watch Shazam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like Batman is the one that makes sense for billionaires like Batman like them just like a I alone can fix it mentality and like I will instead of investing in fixing the structural issues deep.
Speaker 2: The Batman is the right example because I've got this sneaking suspicion I've not looked into this for everyone. But I think a lot of these guys wouldn't exist if they had a good relationship with their dad. Yeah, like I'm thinking, you know, respectfully, I'm thinking Joe Rogan Elon Musk's dad is a uniquely fucked up individual who.
Speaker 3: Relationship with d Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, like my suspicion is the vast bulk of these dudes that we're talking about if you look at that relationship with it. That's why I'm so like, I gotta I gotta hug my boys all the time. You have two boys, two boys, and they're getting a lot of hugs.
Speaker 1: I got two boys, and I'm trying to maximize their earning potential.
Speaker 4: But I've abandoned them and I'm hoping they'll become famous very quickly.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of bills. Tim, Such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can you? People find you, follow you, hear you, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the worst idea of all time is the podcast I did with Guy Montgomery, who is a real stitch.
Speaker 1: He's a friend, dude, He's so funny. One another one of our faves.
Speaker 3: That's the main thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about the movies that you guys have covered. So Season one was grown Ups two, Season two Sex in the City Too. Season three We Are Your Friends for Where are Your Friends? And actually, if you want little taste.
Speaker 2: Probably one of the things I'm most proud of that I've ever made is Guy and I so very briefly, fucking almost a decade ago. Now, YouTube was commissioning original content and they gave us, I think they gave the production team. I think this was like legally, I'm not allowed to say this, but whatever, they didn't. They didn't greenlight the series, so fuck it, like a quarter of a million dollars to make a pilot. And so Guy and I lived in a sewer in New York City and watched teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles over and over again to invent the concept called method film reviewing. That is on YouTube, So that's quite good if you want to check that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rehearsal before the rehearsal, that's.
Speaker 2: Pre COVID, So you can check that out on YouTube. If you look up voice idea of all Time pilot. If you just punched that in, that'll that'll make you giggle for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: How is it down there? Pretty cool how it was.
Speaker 2: So it was such a like America kind of Hollywood even though we're in New York kind of thing, because they showed us a map of where we were and they were like, okay, and here's the hotel where you'll sleep at at night. When we stopped shooting, I was like, what are you talking about? And they're like, well, you know, so we wrap up at about eleven crew packs down. You guys get some sleep there. I was like, dude, we're sleeping in the sewer if we say we're sleeping.
Speaker 3: So they had to get these huge fans to ventilate the ear so we wouldn't die down there because we were so like, we were committed, so we lived. Director respected the integrity, and I'm sure all the production crew were like these idiots.
Speaker 1: The production the emails between the production executives, you should like, Foyer, you should like those emails and then make a feature film about this experience.
Speaker 2: And I just want to shout out something while I'm on the show. Adam Curtis.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people are familiar with his work, but he is a papernormaliza share how the.
Speaker 2: Funk Yeah documentary maker. I guess you described him as like a sociologist. He's like an anthropologist in some ways. He's got a series that's about to come out, a new series called Shifty. His ship is incredible, hyper Normalization is like essential watching at the moment. The one that I still really rate, which I think is probably his best work in my opinion, is The Century of the Self, which is all about the rise of consumerism and how it happened. And it happened really specifically, and it was down to kind of one guy called Edward Burnet's and it explores how that happened. But he's got a new series that's coming out soon called Shifty, and I am fucking excited.
Speaker 1: Nice what's it? What is Shifty about? Do you know?
Speaker 3: It's about Britain.
Speaker 2: It's about extreme money and hyper individualism came together to become an unspoken alliance. So it sounds like it's about probably Thatcherism and yeah, how Britain lost its way and then leading up to Brexit and beyond.
Speaker 1: There's also a really good I'll save it from my thing thing I've been enjoying. But there's a there's a good Twitter that is future Adam Curtis b roll Oh Yeah, there's something that he does. He just finds these incredible shots of just random things like it usually as documentaries are a series of like seemingly random things that it's like a collage of like moments from the thing that he's talking about, and so you're hearing these like really interesting kind of high theory ideas about like what's going wrong with society and then like there's just these incredible He just has an amazing ability to like find all this like b roll from that moment in time. His Russia one is really good also.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but apparently the way he makes them as Hay and a small team of research is that babyc locked themselves and the BABC archives for like three months and the sewers with birds of the feathers floating together.
Speaker 1: Great recommendation, Paula, Where can people find you? Is there workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Find me and Dallas on Sunday, Dallas Dominic Club leaves by tickets. They tell your friends of by tickets.
Speaker 5: If you know someone that you met eight years ago one time in passing in the girl's bathroom and you added each other on Instagram and she her uncle lives in Dallas, please tell her uncle to come to my show.
Speaker 4: And I'm at Paul Ganalen everywhere p A L A B I g U and A L A N. Listen, this is for non black people. Sinners was really good and if you have a different opinion, you're wrong. I'm sorry. I watched it again on Saturday night and I got more out of it. It's just so entertaining. It's so entertaining, and you're like, oh, I knew they were vampires, there's no surprise, blah blah blah. Then you're watching it wrong, like you're just you're you're not looking at it for the right things. I don't know what to tell you. Is beautiful. I love it. Might go see it again. Who knows?
Speaker 1: There you go. Great. So that's your work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if you've heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I know it's something that I am growing up Catholic. That's something I identify.
Speaker 4: Also, Buddy Guy, who is the person at the end of the movie who is a real jazz player or blues player, jazz blues player. He is on or and he's like touring more than I am. And I'm like, aren't you a million years old? How are you doing this physically? But I want to like see him now. I'm like, this is so cool.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah awesome. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien work a media I enjoy. I'm gonna link off too. I don't think there's been many updates recently, but there's a bunch from the archive that are a good look at its future. Adam Curtis b roll on Twitter that just has some great moments. There's this one that is a food influencer like shooting a video and then you like see the person drop the camera from them and they just like go from this like smiley thing to just the most profound existential emptiness in like the blink of a high It's so wild. But they also have like Trump watching a local high school band of cheerleaders perform at mar A Lago and just they really nail it. It's it's like, yeah, these really are great moments that would be in an Adam Curtis is this.
Speaker 3: Take talk where are you? What platform? Is the song?
Speaker 1: It's on Twitter x the everything at Yeah excellent. It's actually only like twelve videos. I act really like a handful of them. Anyways, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore ol Brian and on Blue Sky at jack Obi the Number one. We are on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist and on Blue Sky at daily Zeitgeist. Where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnotes. Good notes is where we link off to the works of social media we've been enjoying. Where we will link off to tickets for apologies upcoming show, and yeah, the sources for the information for today's episode. We also link off to a song there that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a song called called Little Things by Still Woozy, And I'm telling you, if you want to put yourself in the mood for the unofficial start of summer this weekend, throw on this track during like a barbecue or when your pool side, and you won't regret it. The vocals are so smooth, the production quality is outstanding, and it's just such a vibe. So that song, again is little Things by Still woozy and you can find that song in the footnotes.
Speaker 1: Footnotes No Daily Zye Guys is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio Wrap, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to you all then bye.
Speaker 4: Good bye bye.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 4: Co produced by Bee Wang.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 3: Co written by Jam mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner,