Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one O engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Well, well, here we are again back with our OMG fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: We are doing well and we want to keep on going through this amazing show with you guys. So we are back with a new episode, a great episode this week.
Speaker 3: It's a great episode.
Speaker 2: Interesting that. I mean, we'll hear in LA if you're here in La. But the show takes place in La. Earthquake weather this episode. And oddly enough, even though we waited a beat kind of earthquake weather right now, wouldn't you say, oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I was going to say the same thing. It's like one hundred degrees in Beverly Hills quote unquote, And it's like one hundred degrees in Beverly Hills right now.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be like those wacky radio guys, but there's no such thing as earthquake weather.
Speaker 1: What earthquake guys?
Speaker 2: Give us a moment? Wait, do you believe it parallel with our lives?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It is literally, scientifically no such thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, scientists that weather girl. I have always believed in earthquake weather every time it's like hot. It's not about the heat for me, It's about the stillness in the air. Whenever I feel like that, like everything's just too quiet, that's when I'm like, oh, earthquake weather.
Speaker 2: I associate earthquake weather with the intense heat, and then the dip down sunny, then cloudy, overcasts, a little.
Speaker 1: Breezy, like just the you associate weather.
Speaker 2: Yea all at once.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's all a bs As they say, there's no such thing as earthquake weather.
Speaker 1: And you're as a native Californian and a scientist, born and bred in.
Speaker 3: California, born and raised here. But I've had many an earthquake many. I was here for the So I was in San Francisco for the eighty nine. Were you guys there for the Loma Prieta?
Speaker 2: Was that the ninety? Was it ninety four?
Speaker 3: Was it? It was a big one in La really really big.
Speaker 1: Was it called the north Ridge?
Speaker 3: Yes? Northridge?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, I was Loma Prieta?
Speaker 2: Sorry I was, I don't know. I just thought you gave it some fancy name.
Speaker 3: Wait do you remember it?
Speaker 2: Like it?
Speaker 1: Earthquakes are bananas?
Speaker 3: Because that was during nine o two on and oh we're making nine o two and oh during the Big north Ridge and I think it's probably what inspired this to some extent.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember we filmed the night before Jen because we had worked late, I remember, and it happened at like what three four am or something.
Speaker 3: Aah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: I was in an apartment building, so I remember. It just was shaking, shaking, and things were cracking. And grabbed the dogs and tried to grab the parrot, but I was like, I'm sorry, you got to save yourself and ran ran downstairs and everyone was gathering on the street and it was so bizarre.
Speaker 3: Can you remember it?
Speaker 1: You wait, people were running down the street like from our building. They would go out like, yeah, it was nobody wants to be up there.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it was like a real tall building. So everyone ran to the street and like just stood there and looked up. Everyone in their pajamas.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was in my I had bought a tiny little house, my first house, I think, in the hills of Sherman Oaks, and I was home alone and I hadn't I didn't have any furniture anything. I had a mattress on the like metal bed frame and thank you baby, and I was just I woke up, my bed was like jiggling all around the room, and since I didn't have any other furniture, like nothing else was shaking just in my bed. And I remember the first thing that came to my mind was that ac DC song The Earth was Shaken, the walls were whatever, and.
Speaker 2: You know that song come on all night long?
Speaker 1: You you shook me a long? Yeah, you yeah, that one. You're welcome everybody who's listening. I know you love it when we sing La singer please call her stop laughing, Amy, you can stop laughing now.
Speaker 3: So that went to your head like not get out or like I'm annoying.
Speaker 1: No, I stay on my little rinkty bed and was like what is happening? Because I'm from the Midwest and I don't think i'd ever felt one before that one.
Speaker 2: You react like one, Cindy Brady, like freak out like you do like sometimes you like you're in the head lace like just.
Speaker 1: Don't move, It'll all be over soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What do we think had the greatest reaction on this episode? And I know we'll get to it of just like overreaction maybe.
Speaker 5: Maybe between Colin probably Colin, Yeah, we should talk about what we're talking about because that was a big earthquake.
Speaker 3: And I can't wait to ask you guys.
Speaker 2: Like question because that earthquake was what there's must by the north Ridge earthquake? What was that one on the Richter scale? The real life one?
Speaker 1: Sick sick something something? I thought, aw, I will love you.
Speaker 3: Let's just kick it off.
Speaker 1: Season six, Episode nine, Earthquake Weather Air November sixth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Synopsis High tempts and shaky ground makes everyone go cray cray. Meanwhile, the violence continues with Ray Stephen Claire take the Richter Scale to the bedroom. Brandon plays doctor in an elevator, Dylan Pop's question and Kelly's crush. Donna uncovers her mother's secret, and Tony Marchett is making some wedding arrangements of his own.
Speaker 1: Detective by Gilbert Shilton, written by Michael Lyons and kimberly wells Uh. There's so much going on. There's an earthquake, Brandon burling a baby, raised throwing hammers, Donna's There's a lot of drama going on for Donna, left and right, Claire's sex, crazy button.
Speaker 3: There's so many.
Speaker 1: Things happening in this episode.
Speaker 3: I believe the north Ridge quake was a six point seven just for those fla.
Speaker 2: There's some big aftershocks. I just wanted to like say that how how big it was for people that don't experience earthquakes, because then they do a big one on the show and it wasn't unwarranted like it was. It shook really bad during the real one.
Speaker 1: But I bet like people across the globe that we're watching the show that was so like internationally famous, now this was their first time like seeing an earthquake like that, you know, like feeling I felt like I was in it and it lasted forever.
Speaker 2: It probably scared them really bad, Like, oh my gosh, I hope I'm never an earthquake.
Speaker 1: Was never going to California.
Speaker 3: Huge earthquake that they created that was a massive earthquake they created, Like there was so many things sliding and shaking and breaking that it was like this was humongous.
Speaker 2: It was exciting in real life.
Speaker 1: Did a good job?
Speaker 3: Did they do it? Do you remember, like do you remember being somewhere and they shook it like they do at Universal Studios or was it tricks with the camera.
Speaker 1: It was just people standing on the back side of those cabinets throwing stuff out.
Speaker 3: I don't know remember in the like Art Studio, there's like a whole thing sliding.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like the.
Speaker 1: Camera was shaking, did.
Speaker 2: You No, it must have been an afterfac I have no idea. I can't remember this one, and I remember.
Speaker 1: That the room was shaking, but not the my visual.
Speaker 3: And create like special sets. No, I don't know how they would do that. But like the nineties, I don't know. It seemed like do you guys remember back? I think they've changed it now. No, maybe they haven't. But at Universal Studios there's definitely an earthquake part of the tour.
Speaker 2: That that.
Speaker 3: No, I get panicky or you like that. No, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't like roller coasters, but I like shaking. Oh gosh, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well go through it because this episode is so great, And I think we start with the wacky radio duo Mac and Jack or whatever their names were. What were their names?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's listening to the radio now.
Speaker 3: Okay, literally in the car in the who goes into a hotel room like you know what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna turn on Mac and Jack?
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, she couldn't find some music because they had to have the connective tissue.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what their names were, but it was something like Jack and Jane or something.
Speaker 1: Let's run it from the beginning. Dylan's house is where we start, and Tony and Dylan are planning their move to Hawaii when he suddenly mentions that he wants to marry her. And he gets down on one nie and proposes to Tony and she says, yes, how do we feel it?
Speaker 2: Come out? Time out? Time out? Okay, Jenny Garth aka Kelly Taylor, how'd you feel about this?
Speaker 1: I thought, wow, wee wawa Dylan moving pretty fast. There aren't chi pal. I mean that's how I felt as a viewer. I was like, Okay, that just felt really fast. But okay, they ask.
Speaker 2: You if you're I'm asking as Kelly Taylor, the one in Norway.
Speaker 1: Well, as you can see, Kelly Taylor was shaken, no pun intended by the news, and uh and yeah, I can understand why. I feel like, of course she made it about herself right away, but I think that might have been a natural reaction because like, when didn't he just ask her to marry him moments ago? Four month I don't even know four months ago.
Speaker 2: So yes, my question is watching it back now as an adult, I'm liking it to like when I have Cory reactions about Brian, like just because I'm like so protective of David and Donna. How do you feel watching it Jen like now, like do you feel like, I know Kelly's reaction and everything, but like watching it now.
Speaker 1: I feel not pleased.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like punched in the guttle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Definitely, like it's like like a slap. You know, I just didn't think that would be happening that soon. But you know, it's her own fault because she chose herself and then she chose Colin.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it would have been worse if they didn't acknowledge it at all. Meaning you do have that scene together, you do react like they at least didn't just gloss over that like oh it's all I'm glad that they was that lucky because that would have been really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get to that moment because that was an important moment I think for both of them. We're at the beach House where Donna is getting ready ready for the rose Court tryouts. Back at the rose Court when good old Rayproo. It shows up and he tells her he's in therapy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Progress.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's commonplace that you go and ask your ex girlfriend to join you in therapy. And I frankly don't know that the therapist would have asked for that. That felt like okay, really.
Speaker 2: Well could it have been? I don't know. I mean, in real life sometimes people need just trying to think in real life, like closure to move on to heal, and if the ex is willing to. I remember my first husband, we never did it, but we were going to have like closure, like a therapy session, just so we could both have closure.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe a married couple, but for me, like the therapist knows this guy's violent, and she's going to be like, yeah, you know what, let's invite your ex girlfriend here so we can really traumatize her further. And then I'll warn her that you're probably gonna hurt her. It's just like, well, maybe.
Speaker 2: The therapist is kinky.
Speaker 1: I don't know she was real therapisty, that's for sure. But yeah, I didn't. I didn't want Donna to go to that at all. I was shouting saying no, you get to say no, now no, now no, I know.
Speaker 2: Running theme of Donna's life.
Speaker 1: The hotel room. Wow, Susan and Brandy are getting ready to go to the pool, so they're just they're there for a conference or what's happening.
Speaker 3: It's what befuddled me. She's like, obviously wants to make out, and he's like, no, we're going to the pool. Then he comes out of the bathroom and she wants to go to the pool and he's like, I thought we're going to make out. Like it was so what.
Speaker 1: Maybe they had to go peepy or something. He's want to know, I don't know. He was very cagey at that moment. Weird bizarre was.
Speaker 3: That her bathing suit or her.
Speaker 1: Works off all our clothes and under is her bathing suit.
Speaker 3: She isn't a matching underwear. To me, I was like, that's her underwear.
Speaker 1: And then you know what, Oh my god, Dave, ass is that her bathing suit? I was like, really, yeah, what's it matter? Obviously it's her bathing suit.
Speaker 4: It's not she was.
Speaker 3: Suddenly wearing underwear and she's going to the pool in her underwear. My favorite is when the lady in the elevator mentions her bathing suit. Oh cute bathing suit. I saw you with the pool. What you're having a baby, lady and you're stuck in an elevator. What?
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't see her at the pool though, they were just going down to the pool.
Speaker 3: They were coming back up. It's confusing. I watched the episode twice and it wasn't until the second time that I got that they're coming back up and the pregnant lady had seen them at the pool.
Speaker 2: They added that end because trying to like make it makes sense a little bit more.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It didn't know my correction that line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to explains. So we go to Collin Studio next, and Colin is just darling Kelly all about how much he enjoys tea eaching and how happy he is with his life.
Speaker 2: Who cares? Are Yeah? Are you bored watching him?
Speaker 1: I'm bored watching him. I'm board watching both of them. The only thing exciting about it is for makeup or eyebrows. That could perhaps some interest in those things.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna get juicy though, Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Oh. And then we go to the Walsh House, Castle Walsh, Castle Walsh, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 3: Steve is playing the game Earthquake. Suddenly before.
Speaker 1: They had a pinball machine there, but it was it always Earthquake.
Speaker 3: But I don't think so good call out.
Speaker 2: We have the fans take it to the fans fan looking around. There's no fans here, but the whole film. Now that's a good call I bet I bet they did change it out, John.
Speaker 1: I bet they they made it work or it was the Earthquake pim machine, and then gave him the idea for the story.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about Valerie's egg salad. So is this the same scene It might be where she's in the kitchen and she and he's like, you make the best egg salad? Now, first of all, what twenty one year olds are just whipping up eggs salad? And she's like, it's all you gotta have.
Speaker 2: Huh wait, go back, wait, you didn't cook it twenty one? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I certainly did not make eggs salad.
Speaker 1: Why because it was stinky.
Speaker 2: I made deviled eggs every weekend. What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I just don't think a twenty something palate is like, you know what, I'm craving egg salad. They're eating left the room. I disagree.
Speaker 1: It's summer. Really that's a summertime food. I mean I don't eat eggs salad, but depending on how.
Speaker 3: You're raised, Like right, I'll eat egg salad now, but I don't think I ever ate it. At twenty and she's like, it's all how much relish, like how she perfected her eggs sell whatever? And then these kisses her shoulder.
Speaker 1: You're really mad about this, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: Because she must have grown. It's usually like what your parents made growing up, Like I always like when I moved into my perma would make like tuna fish salad, sandwiches.
Speaker 3: It is more reasonable, okay.
Speaker 2: Than egg salad. Interesting, interesting potato salad.
Speaker 3: You can't make potato salad. I have to buy that. I don't can't make that now.
Speaker 1: Oh we need to help her, Yeah we do. Yeah, there must be some cooking classes.
Speaker 2: Making molds and like at twenty one, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: I don't think any of that now? I buy it. Turkey salad, chicken salad, eggs salad, isn't I'm hungry?
Speaker 2: Now? They go on, well.
Speaker 3: There's cases shoulder kisses.
Speaker 1: And kisses, and Claire's got the horn and David's got the horns and everybody wants to get phreaky in the wall sh house. It's kind of creeping me out that you just go there. Everybody goes there now like it's the new peach Bit, but they just go and pretend like they're adults.
Speaker 3: It's so weird.
Speaker 2: It feels most like a whorehouse.
Speaker 1: There's insane. Yeah, it's like a like a.
Speaker 2: Like cossa, come on, we got it here, we got a pun here, sunny ranch, kassa.
Speaker 3: Bunny ranch, bunny good. Think of Claire's aggressive, but I like it. It's just sort of funny. That brought Sorry Brian David Valerie conversation of so like let's sleep together. I can't wait any longer, Like he's still back at that same I can't wait any longer stuff, and then she's like, tonight, that's the.
Speaker 2: Story of his life. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of that going on, like has he had any loven between Donna?
Speaker 2: I mean, Claire remembers the old there's some holdout trauma and major blue balls because poor guy, he waited forever for Donna and then he couldn't wait, but and then now.
Speaker 1: Didn't make him wait. I'm sure no, because she's like.
Speaker 3: A wild Girl takes me back to the high school version of her when she was so like after Brandon totally.
Speaker 2: I loved that part of her. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Then we go to Pasadena where it's one hundred and what'd she say, would be in Pasadena so sweaty? Yeah, though it's November, but he said something like it's one hundred here, it's going to be one hundred and twenty in Pasadena or something crazy like that, right, is not true.
Speaker 2: But to key it up that it's quote unquote hot weather, earthquake when things happened. But I got to say, when we were filming those scenes, oh man, it was hot.
Speaker 6: You can get over that, yeah, Oh yeah I can, yeah, because it really really hot and you'd be standing there in makeup and you know, they didn't have like setting spray back then.
Speaker 2: You know, I would just take care of spray and like spray it all over my face and set it, set it, and forget it. You couldn't forget it because it was like just pounds and makeup just was so hot, and you'd be sweating so bad and like patting your upper lip and your hair would be frizzing because we could get all wet and it's no place for a rose cord gal, no place for a rose queen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also that you made friends with your your you made a friend. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we briefly talk about the sorority girl. The sorority girl that's now the Rose I mean, I know we've seen her before, she's now the Rose queen girl. Sorry, Brooke. Yeah, they must have loved that actress because like, what are the odds she's suddenly the rose court.
Speaker 2: They all, You're right, they no matter what, bring her back around. Somehow liked her. She was a very was she dating somebody?
Speaker 1: I don't know. She was very nice to work with. She was very lovely gal.
Speaker 3: And I noticed she got married because her name is now her real life name is now has a third name to it. Tell me the name, please, Brook the genesis on the TV it added her married name.
Speaker 1: Okay, well congratulations, I think she was still married, so yeah, good for her.
Speaker 2: Oh. I love the drama of thinking like she was someone like with somebody and they were like she's great, like put her back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe she just came to work prepared newer lines and they were like, let's just give her the job.
Speaker 2: Fair. But that kept like they kept bringing that character back in different characters.
Speaker 1: It's highly confusing.
Speaker 2: Oh right, it's a different character, right because she was in college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's the same girl. She just works at the rose Court. Now she's still your sorority, so she is. She just is like in charge of the rose parade or what. I thought she was somebody else. Now she's the same person.
Speaker 2: Are you sure she didn't play somebody else though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's still Leslie Sumner. She was at the Alfa House or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's confusing. Then, Donna, you start looking through the old Rose Queen pictures and you find your mother. I don't know how you recognize your mom there?
Speaker 2: What's the big deal?
Speaker 1: I'm like, so, why are you upset about it? Because she didn't want you to.
Speaker 3: Do it and she didn't tell her?
Speaker 1: Is that why, Donna?
Speaker 2: Is it just because she didn't tell her? I thought it was just because she didn't tell her. But do you think I guess?
Speaker 1: But I was kind of like, what, it's a little overreactory because she should be like, oh my god, my mom never told me. Unless I think I remember your mom was being kind of a Yoch about you doing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, she is.
Speaker 1: She didn't want you to waste your time or to do it. Maybe something bad happened to her there.
Speaker 3: So there's a deep dark secret.
Speaker 1: M we're gonna I just remember the secret.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember what I have a va.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen y And then Joe walks up and he awkwardly puts his hand on your shoulder. It was so I'm gonna try to do it to my I can't because this is his hands back like so far his hand. It was so weird.
Speaker 2: Why I tell you guys. I tell you guys, like I know everyone's like Joe Bradley, but.
Speaker 3: There is no I love Joe, but he really you go.
Speaker 2: Tori sarry, A little awkward chemistry.
Speaker 1: It just is awkward, is what my awkward?
Speaker 3: I respectfully disagree, you too feel awkward together.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And like I said, lovely guy, love Cameron, I great actor. I don't know it just chemistry wise with actors, I never felt like it was. I always felt like we were friends, even when we were playing romantic country love interests on cameras.
Speaker 1: He says, he wants you to do what you have to do, but he needs to do what he has to do, and then he kisses you in the hat. I like it sn.
Speaker 3: I just think it's crazy that he drove from Westwood to Pasadena to not have lunch with your really far. It's really far to not have lunch, Like you can't even do anything relactively defensive. I can't.
Speaker 1: Everyone says it's so far. Isn't that that Far'd like an hour?
Speaker 2: It really isn't.
Speaker 3: From Westwood to Pasadena could be ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're one hundred percent right from Westwood at the traffic you gotta let.
Speaker 2: Go over cold Water in La could be an hour and a half, even if it's fifteen minutes to wait. Our traffic is just getting worse and worse and worse all times of the.
Speaker 1: Day, so that all time there is no rush hour here anymore. It's just always.
Speaker 3: Rush constant, constant.
Speaker 2: You say rush hour to the kids, and they have no idea what that means.
Speaker 3: I love Donna and Joe like I think they have. We know the beginnings of chemistry. I thought the kiss was cute. He's a keeper, so I was just a hand for me and in hand.
Speaker 1: The dialogue didn't feel comfortable, like.
Speaker 2: The hand just literally took you down the thing.
Speaker 1: And then and then he doubled down on it. At one point he went like he was like this, and.
Speaker 3: He went like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, he was thinking like I was like, get your hands off her.
Speaker 1: You're creepy, hand off her. But he's not creepy at all that Now, I'm just sorry that your next boyfriend's going to be like Ray.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Amy, do you remember who comes after Joe?
Speaker 1: Why would you try to remember that?
Speaker 3: I remember that because Joe's around for brought it up.
Speaker 2: You just said, I'm just worried that your next boyfriend is going to be like Ray after Joe, So.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear who it is.
Speaker 2: We're not going to tell you, Amy, do you remember, uh?
Speaker 3: Blurally, but Joe's around for a bit, because he's he's here all season season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just this season, Jen, no concerns till next year.
Speaker 1: You're good, Okay, Well he is the quarterback. So you guys, the earthquake starts happening now at.
Speaker 2: The Waalsh House.
Speaker 1: It starts shaking and everyone starts clinging onto one another.
Speaker 2: And we talk about this going like this little time.
Speaker 1: Oh, the earthquake starts and everybody shaking.
Speaker 3: No one got under a table, which is what you're supposed to do. You're not supposed to go in a doorway. They did everything wrong.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, whit wha wha. You're not supposed to go in the doorway.
Speaker 3: They've upped that, and now you've got to get under something because you're trying to protect your head. Yeah, doorway thing, I think was a misnomer. You're supposed to get under a table.
Speaker 1: Well, when you have a tornado, you're supposed to get under a table or something heavy. Was confused.
Speaker 3: I think a tornado is basement or bathtub or something. I don't think a table is going to help you in a tornado because it's just gonna fly away. It's not securely down. So I think that's why you do a bathtub.
Speaker 1: They have consulted with you, I know, have you?
Speaker 3: Have you guys not seen twisters.
Speaker 1: I used to live in tornado alley and no tornadoes.
Speaker 2: Its nervous to see twisters. Could be maybe this is just like urban lugend or something the kids heard online. But people die during the movie because the ceiling crash.
Speaker 3: People die you mean in the theater or in the movie, in the movie people die, I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Is he just telling me this because the others wanted to go see it and he said, we can't go see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so, because obviously they have in some.
Speaker 2: Of the theaters, like it's shapes and it's like when something happened.
Speaker 1: Something like fell from the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Oh my god, No no it doesn't. That's totally completely made whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm not going there's some interactive experience, say.
Speaker 3: Not at the Maraga Movie Theater where I saw it, but no interactive anything. I understand the chair.
Speaker 2: We understand different theaters had different experiences, Like you can get like I just said, Deadpool the other day and you can do it with three D or in the theater without, Like there's different experience.
Speaker 3: That's a different toy than suddenly the theater having shaking. That would cost like a lot of money and they'd have to come in and install that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think she's saying the chairs were shaking.
Speaker 2: There's something like rumbling with the bass.
Speaker 3: But anyway, these people need to get under tables. They're all prepared for this earth.
Speaker 4: Can I expect better of, like David, Yeah, but it just felt so bizarre to me that they all just stood there and hugged each other through the whole quake, Like that's not what happens.
Speaker 2: Right, But we got to get them all on camera, so you know, we have to do what we had to tell.
Speaker 3: And Donna feels nothing in her BMW with her giant cell phone.
Speaker 1: She's too busy talking on the phone with some stranger in the car seat next to her. Okay, does anybody did anyone see this? Because I rewound it like three times now? Donna is takes well. First of all, Donna takes both hands off the wheel to make the phone call for a second, and that panic me. But then you say hi Dad, And then all of a sudden you see someone in the frame like they're in the Parcy. No, a human being, like a hand, a side of a face. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Like a crew member.
Speaker 1: It was the camera man holding this handheld camera.
Speaker 2: The way they to that, I didn't catch that.
Speaker 1: You know, they sit next to you and like try to hold the camera. Well, you're actually driving the car. It's not easy for that guy. And he was in the frame. Why because there was was there another camera filming that. I am so.
Speaker 2: Confused, so confused, but I want to see this.
Speaker 3: I just love that she's like on that giant phone, Daddy, Daddy, because I felt like, of course you call your dad on the show, daddy, because you called your dad daddy. Yeah, So I was like, oh, you're like, daddy, I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But she didn't hear it, she didn't feel it. That's lucky. I think it's your lucky to be driving, yeah, during an earthquake, right, because the rubber wheels are tires sort of lessen the shake from the quake.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Brandon and Susan are trapped in an elevator, you guys with the pregnant lady. That's then or water breaks because she's probably freaking out in there. They're trapped. And have you ever been trapped in an elevator?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have.
Speaker 3: I don't go on elevators because I one time. First of all, I don't go on them, and one time I did get stuck and I didn't really go on them, and now I really don't go on them.
Speaker 1: So you've both been stuck in an elevator, yes, that's scary. Can you tell me when and where and why and how I blocked it out? You all things? When, where, why and how.
Speaker 2: I was living at my second apartment building, the Wilshire and there were elevators that took everyone down, and I was going to meet my friends for dinner. And I remember they were like, hurr, yup, hurry up, you got to get here. Jennifer Aniston's here. And I was like, what it and like, you know, and I feel like it was like in it was far it was We lived in Westwood, not as far as Pasadena, but kind of where was that area? It was Mexican, you know that you would go it was like Overly, which in the nineties like was just coming up. So if you lived in like Beverly Hills or Westwood, you were like and I was meeting and like of course, like I was like the Westwood Beverly Hills girl, and like Kathleen was all the Silver Lake girl and she was like, come here and meet and our other friends. And anyway, I got stuck in my elevators there for an hour. I got there, but Jenniferanison was gone by then.
Speaker 1: Wait were you scared though, or were you just like, well, this is you know what.
Speaker 2: I wasn't scared. That is shock very typical me. I was like, this is going to be a great story. Look at this. Of course this happens to me. Yeah, why would you guys?
Speaker 3: See Jennifer Garner get stuck in that elevator. It's pretty hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good. I mean not good, but it's really.
Speaker 3: It's really good. Yeah, he was stuck for she was stuck for over an hour. Yeah, at Comic Con or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aw, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, No, I don't like elevators, and I haven't been in an elevator since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: We had fours Like, I don't even know how you get places? Like, you don't fly, you don't go in elevators?
Speaker 3: What do you? How is this?
Speaker 2: What else? What else do you not do?
Speaker 3: Drugs?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You don't drink, you don't smoke?
Speaker 2: What do you drink?
Speaker 3: Smoke? Carbs? I eat carbs?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 2: She does like business? Why she like does everything? Runs everything. I just don't know how she physically gets places, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Automobile.
Speaker 2: She doesn't go on elevators Like this is just a whole added level it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty easy to avoid elevators.
Speaker 1: I don't like taking elevators either. I just don't take them because I want to walk the stairs. A need exercise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's pretty easy to avoid them. Escalators.
Speaker 2: Are you okay with those? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'll even do those rolling things like at the airport. I don't go to the airport.
Speaker 1: But you are a risk taker escalator.
Speaker 3: No problem is that Weirdly, I drive a boat by myself, like, which is so like it's yeah, it's like it doesn't make sense because most people are like that would be you're so.
Speaker 1: Scaredy cat, you're a badass.
Speaker 2: And I know, but I just there's certain irrational fears, like you're just irrational.
Speaker 1: Okay, So wait, you guys, Brandon delivered a baby. What I was really curious, like, why wasn't Susan at that end and Brandon was up there petting her head?
Speaker 3: Why he was more skilled at delivering babies? But do you want to know the star laugh so hard, like actually.
Speaker 1: Laughed so hard that he was sweaty.
Speaker 3: Yes, that for sure, he was sweaty, like he'd run a marathon. But funnier is when they're stuck and Susan's trying is her name Susan? Why is her name sound weird to me? Susan's trying to calm the pregnant lady, and she's like, maybe they just need to reboot the elevator computer. And he's like elevator computer like looking at her like and she's all, I don't know. And then the the guy the Voice of God comes on and he's like, we gotta reboot that computer.
Speaker 1: And she's like, see, she should have been the one delivering the baby. That's all I have to say about it.
Speaker 3: And then they're so in love after and he's like, do you ever think we'll do that again? Like what, Brandon have a baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but it was so good. It was so good, baby Brandon.
Speaker 1: He'd probably wear those same big fat, ugly sneakers with a like knee high jim shorts.
Speaker 2: It's very in then.
Speaker 1: And then also the other thing about the earthquake at Dylan's house, they're they're they're putting unbroken glasses back in the cabinet, like nothing broke when it fell fifteen feet onto the ground in the earthquake.
Speaker 2: I don't care about being right, but I do like to win, and I am competitive for DX Twisters movie tickets and showtime. I'm at theaters. According to the Regal Cinema's announcement, yeah, the chairs move, okay.
Speaker 1: I believe that she was saying that the the real the building doesn't shake. I think that was shape.
Speaker 2: But there's an interactive.
Speaker 1: You can go to that. I don't want to do that. That's feel so much better.
Speaker 2: Accomplished.
Speaker 1: Bruno calls to make sure that Tony is okay after the earthquake, and that's where she tells him that she's gonna marry Dylan. All of a sudden, they've just gotten engaged right there on the floor in front of the ugly Futon and now they're going to start telling everybody left and right on the same exact day.
Speaker 2: He's not bitter at all, though. Nope, nope, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I feel like they should maybe just wait a second and have like maybe a dinner or be a little more thoughtful about.
Speaker 3: There's no time because they have like one episode.
Speaker 1: Telling people, oh my god, Amy, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Nothing? You heard nothing? Move on?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you guys? I want to go back to the Walls House because it's.
Speaker 2: Not really is this.
Speaker 1: Where, Oh they're going to have us sleepover.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a part earthquake party earthquake party, which kind of.
Speaker 1: Sounds fun and I like the idea. Yeah, i'd be into going to that if I was their age.
Speaker 3: But I can let eat some of that leftover eggs salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll have that for days.
Speaker 2: It's the better it is older, and yeah, ew.
Speaker 3: I love like calling the hotel and like they're like, we can't reach them, so they must be fine. Little do they know they're stuck in an elevator delivering a baby. But they're like, I don't know, I couldn't reach them.
Speaker 1: They're probably, oh, yeah, there was just a giant earthquake. They're so lave fair about Brandon. Yeah, and Colin come over. And then Kelly warns David again at nauseum. It's all she does is warn people about things. Because I don't know, is she like a psychic.
Speaker 2: Or she's always right though she's always greight. Isn't that nice she warns people? I guess it's her.
Speaker 1: It's very similar to me. It's very very hard to hold back my wanting to help people or like guide them or save them from a mistake, and it's very hard for me to not do that sometimes, so I understand Kelly's just trying to help, but it always comes off as a little like twirpy but her criticism vs being a torp, like like a.
Speaker 3: Maybe but like Valerie is kind of bad news, like we have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of perfectly Vale David. Yeah, it's factual at this point.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm sorry, but they look happy. I've never seen either of them this happy and comfortable. A lot makes U so much sense because their real life loved.
Speaker 3: Having that back right now you are right now.
Speaker 2: I feel you didn't see David this happy with Donna.
Speaker 1: I didn't honestly, because he wanted to have you know what with her, and.
Speaker 2: You could be happy with someone with that whoo woo.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter because David shuts her down and she says okay. Then we go back to therapy and yeah, it's weird, and I just wanted to see him come back into the room and some real therapy happen, but no such luck. Donna tells the gang that her she gets there from her long long car ride from Pasadena to Alta Dina, which is, well, you were in Pasadena and then you went to Beverly Hills also known as Alta Dina, which is five minutes away. Yeah, and she tells the gang that her mom was in the rose Court and I don't know why the buddy's upset with that. And then Dylan and Tony come over and just up and announced to the whole gang as they all magically rifle past them and into a beautiful group shot of like two four, six, eight people, six people, they all eight people. They just all magically sit on that edge of the couch like perfect. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: I know, it's so cute, you guys. I got it. I got the Punkasa cat house. Okay, another word for a brothel.
Speaker 3: Cossa cat back from twenty minutes ago. But that is totally fine.
Speaker 1: You gotta give her some time.
Speaker 2: You got to bring it back around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's totally fine. Cossa bunny house was totally bunny ranch felt good to me, but cathouse good. Just see you see they did film a porn there too, so like it really has gotten to be very.
Speaker 1: Overtly sexual over there is I don't want to hang out there. I gotta be honest. It feels dirty, dirty, and.
Speaker 2: If you had one of those lights, you would be doing that pasta cat house.
Speaker 3: You didn't go from a nice home to sort of a Here's.
Speaker 1: What I don't understand. Claire and Steve were just in there making silent whoopee what everyone called it up against the bookcase, and then Dylan and Tony walk in, and then all of a sudden, everybody else walks into the to the living room. But why is Claire holding that pillow like that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just felt so weird, was the pillow. But the whole thing was just like weird, And like, did you notice when Colin tells you like you did good? That must have been it did good? Right? He obviously knows, but like she thought was sort of nice. But also.
Speaker 2: I liked him in this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wasn't bad. I sort of liked the Freddy cat guy too, because he's so.
Speaker 1: Scared, made him a little set of people so cocky. Yeah, everybody has to go to the peach pit though, because apparently all the dishes broke at Gnats.
Speaker 3: At the peach pit hacked in.
Speaker 1: There and they really need some more hands on the ground because the dish is.
Speaker 3: Weird, so weird. When Joe comes in and Donna's like, oh, it's really busy, but I'll get you a table, like what Like that was so weird. I'm like, you're not going to hang out with him, and like she's busy, she's working. Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 1: Out back, that's when Kelly confronts Dylan about the engagement and how he hurt her feelings, which I don't really think he was thinking about. He's happy and he's moved on, so why is she I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he understood.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was a genuine, nice conversation that people wouldn't normally have. But I thought I was proud of them for having it.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's two soulmates and all it made me think was season ten.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, okay, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: You're fine, don't worry about it. Worry about it in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was rough.
Speaker 1: That was scene was good. It was rough.
Speaker 3: It's a good scene. That is a good scene. And Colin's like, so fine with you just going out to the back driveway slash garbage.
Speaker 1: Well, just like earlier when Val Kelly are cutting eggs together. Whatever the hell they were doing in the kitchen, side by side, working in harmony. I don't understand that either. Then Colin goes outside because he's too scared to be in the house, and he goes out there with val. I'm sure I didn't believe that that. I don't know. I'm just not believing a lot today. Anyway.
Speaker 2: You just have to go with it. It's TV land.
Speaker 1: After that, you go home with Joe. He takes you home and then raise there and he throws a hammer through the door.
Speaker 2: That was crazy happening.
Speaker 3: This is not funny.
Speaker 1: He didn't he didn't even like throw it. He kind of just like flung it.
Speaker 2: Earthquake weather it makes people do crazy things things.
Speaker 1: It's like to be hugged and held by Joe to feel better. Hu, it's maining mad?
Speaker 2: What specifically which partickure out?
Speaker 3: How the window was boarded up and then the hammer went through it. I was like, you guys are so literal.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was upset that Donna. This hur scared her obviously, but then she has to go be hugged by Joe to feel better like that. For me, he just fires me up, Like I understand you don't need that hug. Come on, girl, I get it that you want the best for her and you want her to know that she'sng and she's got this. She doesn't need this guy to help her, That's what.
Speaker 2: And as her best friend, Yes, you are right. It does feel nice in the moment when someone gives you a hug sometimes.
Speaker 1: Wait, we have to talk really quickly. You're a hugger. Talk about Tony Marchett's when he gives for sperience the Bible to his daughter. He looks like he is going to kill someone in that scene, and I was terrified of him, Like his guys are just you're sing well played.
Speaker 3: He wants to kill somebody and his name is Dylan.
Speaker 1: He put a hit out on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gnarly. Wait till you see what happens. Oh gosh, yeah, be ready, it's narly.
Speaker 1: But also before that, Donna doesn't want to go to lunch with her mom because she's so so hard dramatic. And then police tells her husband she's not ready to tell Donna the truth and then she says, damn it, that was my favorite particle show and she was damn it.
Speaker 2: Wait, what do you think is going. Okay, let's play this game. What do you think the truth is going to be?
Speaker 1: But you know, so this isn't even a fun game because you already know it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to shock her? I don't. I don't know, no idea, what what's going to happen? Yeah, it's just for stakes sake and moving that so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'll remember that next time you say you remember think it is Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take a guess what you think is drama.
Speaker 2: Let's all guess except name me. She knows I won't play it.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was the Rose Queen and the Rose King is really your father?
Speaker 2: Hmmm No, Or it's like an all about even moment. And she took out like Nancy Kergan, like Tanya Harding.
Speaker 3: She like like.
Speaker 2: Took over and that's why she became Rose Queen because there was someone else and she cheated. She she did, she like took over her life. She like did everything. I'm sorry, you know I was creat horror creepy like you know, ah, wow, she didn't do the fair thing. She'd like, do you guys believe in karma?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Worse, oh my god, yes, maybe she didn't do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Something bad she did something bad.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't genuine.
Speaker 1: Let's see, let's see, well, we shall see, and we shall also see what happens now that they are going to kill Dylan.
Speaker 3: It's not good. It's not good. Just letting you know it's not good.
Speaker 2: But I have a question. When you put out a hit on someone, can you take it back? Can you be like, oh, you know what, actually cancel a hit?
Speaker 3: Sure? Can you cancel a hit?
Speaker 1: I mean in a timely manner. You've got to.
Speaker 2: So what was I thinking?
Speaker 3: You got to cut them off at the pass?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure. It's like can you send a text to someone and you're like, oh, why did I say that? And then if you don't do it within like five minutes, you can't undersend that text.
Speaker 3: It's like a hit.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he'll take it back hopefully. Also, I noticed in that scene how tall Tony Marschhett is and how small he made Dylan look. Did you see the difference in heighten.
Speaker 2: That's for him being tall that actor.
Speaker 1: Though I don't either, maybe even standing on something because they wanted to make him seem.
Speaker 5: Like like tall.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love the episode. I give it a ten.
Speaker 3: T me too, ten.
Speaker 2: Just to do a Richter scale, I'm gonna give it a nine point eat on the Richter. WHOA, that's a big bake in here at OMG.
Speaker 1: That was a big one. We loved it.
Speaker 3: What's next week?
Speaker 2: What have we got?
Speaker 1: Season six? Episode ten is next week? You guys? One wedding at a funeral. You don't want to miss it. You got to watch this with us because so much crazy. You know what is happening right now in the show. Yeah, really getting exciting. I know, I know I.
Speaker 2: Will be here, but I want it to happen. I may want to watch it because I'm so excited, but I want to watch it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's awful.
Speaker 1: I love it. Well, thanks you guys. I hope nobody gets in an earthquake this week.
Speaker 2: See I take it back and take it back.
Speaker 1: Remember when the fire episode happened and then there was weird fire things in our real life?
Speaker 2: What take it back?
Speaker 1: Take it back? I take it back, I take it back. Okay, all right, I love you.