Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak, And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive fends.
Speaker 2: Two untamable intellects.
Speaker 3: This is our hobby, This is our hell, This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics listly.
Speaker 1: Speaking, book, hospital, a wooden bowl, and a dead rat.
Speaker 3: Hullo. Hi, Hey, hey, how are you. I'm not good? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I'm f I N E B A D B A fine bad Yeah, fine bad, Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 3: Mental mental, uh.
Speaker 1: I mean you know, like there used to be these visions of like the future how it was all gonna kind of.
Speaker 3: Be fluck out.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, no, no, sorry, it was all gonna be fucked like, you know, like the future like like like this kind of like we're all gonna be on our phones and everything's gonna be made of plastic, like and it's gonna be toxic, and like it's gonna be fluorescent lights in our eyes at night and the whole thing, and like we're all just gonna be whatever.
Speaker 2: And I think it's here that hell, yeah, I think it's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like like I think we're all living like a variety of experiments that they do on rats where they go, look this light focks them up.
Speaker 3: Oh look this like at the at.
Speaker 1: The height of even you know, like you're living well, you're living well, You're fucked, nothing.
Speaker 3: To complain about.
Speaker 4: And and I was just doing almost it kind of helps.
Speaker 5: Just now.
Speaker 4: I was performatively stomping around the house, like doing my heel strike really hard on the floor. Stomp stomp, stump, stomp, stomp, a heel strike. Feel it's kind of good.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm it's good.
Speaker 4: I'm medicating right now with a good spirit French exhale hemp Valerian root.
Speaker 3: And you're supposed to drink this before bed. It's noon. How'd you get that?
Speaker 4: I like, it's noon, and it's it's I'm by the way already. Okay, I have two things to say. I'm gonna heal through errands today. I saw a meme like six years ago that was like through erin errans. Yeah, that was like I love, like, thank God for the days I become myself through running errands or something. And I really feel that, and I feel like I'm going to go to my.
Speaker 3: Little grocery store.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go to the pack the shipping center where they know one love me. By the way, community is really alive with the shipping center. I went to a new shipping center. I'd never been to. Incredible community. God, not the one you've been talking about so exactly. I drive out of my forgot no, no, I drive out of my way to go to the further place right and this place was I was like, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Try out the closer place. I felt like I was cheating.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, all right the owl owl owl ow? What was it?
Speaker 1: My computer dropped and I tried to save it and it fell on my finger. But which doesn't sound like anything, but it felt.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it helps to say out like just now, yeah, yeah. My partner hugged me and I went, oh, your toothpick is like digging into me. And they were like show me with their hand, like they had a toothpick in their hand. It was like nowhere near my body.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, it's hurting me. Wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I used to get accused that, like as a little kid, like my brother would like go to like punch me or something.
Speaker 3: It was like I'd say, oh.
Speaker 1: Before of course, like it hit Yeah, of course, but that's not so wrong. I'm the chaos of my gear. Those who know me, no, my gear ahead, drawers and drawers of gear. But I was gonna say, wait, that drink you're drinking Good Spirit? Is there any alcohol in it? Or is it straight?
Speaker 3: Like, no, you're not good on it.
Speaker 4: It's a non acoka, it's a It's just thirty five miligrams of hemp and Valerian good spirits. I've I've talked about them before. I drink this once before bed and felt like it calmed me down. And I asked, yeah, I don't think there is that in this, but that would be the.
Speaker 3: Correct that's that's in the spirit of this. I have to say.
Speaker 4: I want to say this. I tremendous. I did something today. I had two obligations that. By the way, let's talk about canceling for a second. You're canceling something seven days out.
Speaker 3: You are good? Okay, I canceled something seven days out. You know what I believe about that?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Given my history and depression, Okay, yeah, canceling.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, honey, I'm not talking about it during an event. I'm not talking about dinner. I'm talking show.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about like being on a show we're being on or your own show, not my own show. I've been canceling.
Speaker 2: Yeah I never wait, so just you started with canceling, let's talk about it. Seven day out. You're fine, but give us more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, well, a couple of things actually canceled on a hey we should get dinner soon, just kind of came out with it ain't happening, like.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, but we should get dinner soon. And then there was a date made.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, somebody reached out, let's get like can like do you want to get dinner on the books?
Speaker 3: And I basically was like, no, don't cancel. And there's a cancel.
Speaker 4: No different different I'm doing being cancelizations because it's.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, what do you do it?
Speaker 4: Because this is a real conundrum in life. Here's a lovely person, doll of a person. Okay, yeah, I'm out, I run into this person, smile on my face, would be throwed the bump into them.
Speaker 3: Of course. Yeah, there is a big difference between and we all have like.
Speaker 1: I should say the thing before you before you back off it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Well, no, Well, here's what it is like say that. I almost have the urge to say you know, I have I have the say whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have the urge to say hey, Like if I'd be completely honest, I would say, hey, think nothing but the highest things for you, for you, for you. There are people in my clothes friend group who I'm who I need to you know what I mean, Like, I'm going to get to them, like I I have to go visit my ninety five year old aunt.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. It's like, no, no, no, I can't this ghost. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't, I could not, I could not. I have I want to talk about this for nineteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, men, minimum right, because because I'm feeling it's like, and.
Speaker 1: I'm now feeling, is that not how you've operated in the past? Have you just been like I'll.
Speaker 3: Be there, spot, I'll be there to do it great. Let do it great?
Speaker 4: Because I am an extrovert, like truly, I get energy from those energized by others energize. Is that holding that different definition?
Speaker 1: Because that really took hold of that definition about three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Ago, about twenty five years ago. I would say, I.
Speaker 1: Think that it's from I mean, like in popular culture, and I guess I mean like on Instagram.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like that's been around forever. But you know it's been around forever.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying you and me, sure, Oh it's a more average population instagram graphics. I feel like years ago it hit hard.
Speaker 3: It did hit hard, and it did take hold and it does have merit. I'm actually feeling go on.
Speaker 4: I'm I feel like I'm entering, but I feel like I'm feeling introverted, so I need to lean into it. And then I'm actually like, oh I can't do it right now. Oh how fucking interesting. I should quit. This is crazy me.
Speaker 3: I'm actually feeling a little introverted. Oh my god, become my worst nightmare.
Speaker 4: The cancelation is huge because I think, I but what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about is different than cancelation, and I think it's actually even bolder, bolder.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 1: I deal with this because and so do you, Okay, and so does everybody whatever, But with an add okay to ask for any time at all, when I live a life in which time slips through my fingers. Okay, you're constantly I am drowning. Okay, okay, I have like I have no time because I cannot hold on to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, So.
Speaker 1: If someone suggests you know that something be yearly, let's say, right, it seems like very low commitment.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's smart. How about this? Can we get on a once a year coffee? Right, and it'll be our big coffee. By the way, this is actually revolutionary. A'mout picture everyone everyone can do us at home. Picture someone in your field in your mind, not a close friend, not someone estranged, someone that you feel some vague social obligation to who you enjoy. I'm going to say, you doo. Every our Chober fourth we get coffee that is potentially I have nothing my brain. I can't even hold that. You know what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm pausing because I think it's funny the way you you.
Speaker 3: I thought it was signs in the eyes. I was saying it out loud. I fell apart.
Speaker 1: No, No, because what I was actually going to go a different way? Cake, Are you heading for this? So let's just say it's let's say it's something great. Two days, two days out of the year, one weekend, come to the lake house. I don't have any friends with us. Whatever, doesn't matter, but you can imagine. Okay, okay, you go. It sounds like nothing to agree to a yearly, right, However, let's just call that three days. Okay, three out of three sixty five.
Speaker 3: Well, that's but that's a huge commitment. Three days out of the year.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Okay, it doesn't sound like a big deal. I'm saying one week and away every year, come to the lake house.
Speaker 3: I do that with my cousins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's so you have just given up okay, Oh yeah, you've chosen to invest up, you've chosen to invest Okay, yeah, three out of.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and sixty five okay, of your life right to that. It's so. So then you go down. That's one out of what we learned last week.
Speaker 1: I'm just one hundred. So that's like one one hundred and twentieth or whatever. Okay, so that's almost so now we're at one one twentieth. That's almost one one hundredth ak one percent, So one percent of your life came.
Speaker 4: But I can take one for totally but for coffee. Then you go for coffee. Technically that a day is gone. Let's get real, Okay, want to know what the rudest way to hang out? I thought this, this would be the rudest. Must have not imagined this. Imagine people again that in this kind of tear of you hardly kind of know them.
Speaker 1: Whatever you like, have an idea already, go on, go on, I think this is this is my idea.
Speaker 3: It's my asshole thing. Hey, I will be at X yeah, exactly, That's what.
Speaker 4: I'm taking Saturday all day. Here is the spreadsheet attached for thirty five minute catchups.
Speaker 3: I'll be there from noon.
Speaker 1: Agree to five. I've thought about this for business. Okay, okay, I was thinking of this idea. Novak is open for meetings Mondays pool side at the Roosevelt Hotel. Okay, all day, Okay, you figure out when you're available.
Speaker 3: Fill out the chart.
Speaker 2: Mean it's it's it's lunacy.
Speaker 4: I think it sounds fun too. I do too, and I don't even. Somebody was like, yeah, if you I'd show up to someone's oh my god. Somebody was like, hey, if I wanted to hang out with someone was like, hey, do you want to get a drink next week? Actually I really can't, but I think you're great you like to come to.
Speaker 1: Have I mean, here's my other thought, Like, I mean, what I do offer people is you know, spontaneous texting. Like like I'm and arguably I give up I give up fucking five days of my life to just ongoing texting a.
Speaker 3: Lot more than that, honey. Yeah, but just like I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like so then or if someone's you know, well, well here's the biggest one. Are you ready? Are you ready? I mean, let's get real. The celebration of birthdays as an adult. Okay, how many people do you know? It's too much? It's every day? Oh yeah, so I kind of think like expecting, you know, it to be a one out of three sixty five.
Speaker 3: See what I'm saying. It's actually like kind of asking a lot to spend.
Speaker 1: Some people have parties every year, right yeah, now birth a party is a gift. Well, I'm just I'm just a music examples. Sometimes sometimes I mean, you know, it depends.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like you know this idea, I just think it's funny to shit on the party. But like this idea like we fed you, and it's like it's like I had food at home. She's a funny angle.
Speaker 4: Now that's really a party. But I got a bill for twelve dollars from my thing. It was like a weird bill. I thought almost it was a scam. It was like twelve dollars for blood work, like twelve dollars, but it was real. I looked at it to my doctor. I was like, okay, and I go, well, guess what. I'm never going to pay this. A credit will plummet. My life will fall apart because I couldn't physically bring myself to go to the website this bill company. I want to send them a huge.
Speaker 3: Bouquet roses. You shout out. They did a QR code, they go quick pay here, I hover over QR code, boom. Apple pay was an option. Are you hearing this? First of all, Apple paid double click twelve dollars.
Speaker 4: I go, I go through. They promised us technology would help us. They fucking promised us. It's only taken. It has only taken. Take me back to fire, and would I'd be better off with a wooden dowl and a dead rat. I'm saying that because we just had a dead rat back with a big woodstick.
Speaker 3: We had to push it. What I meant to say was I won't I don't believe technology has helped.
Speaker 4: And I know I know, but it has, and diseases and all these was.
Speaker 3: It worth it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, race for the cure and at the end of the race, by the way, what's the races for the cure for? I should stop talking because it's sorry to selling, but what But what I mean is that technology has helped?
Speaker 3: What is the cure? What specific disease?
Speaker 4: Why am I saying that just internalizing things phrases?
Speaker 1: I think you were actually trying to I think I could be wrong, but I think you were trying to say, like the moon, like what oh cancer?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, totally okay. So obviously I want cancer and cured.
Speaker 2: But I mean we're not We're not in that realm of conversation here.
Speaker 3: Obvious you hear what I'm saying. We're in a different one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we're talking about websites.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about QR codes.
Speaker 4: And finally, this is the first time in my life technology has helped me because of a cure, and I know that's not true, but I'm just saying this is the first time they got it right. Hey, what if put a QR code just made it there at the bottom, people could just pay like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean a lot of them are doing the QR codes. My problem though, is that sometimes when you when you hit that QR code, all it's done is replace the U r L and taking you to a website and now sign and now it's passwords.
Speaker 3: Now it's create a password.
Speaker 4: I failed to capture on fucking poshmark and was locked out for a day.
Speaker 1: Well, by the way, and I'm sure I've talked to set. Don't enjoy them. I fucking hate haunted. I know this haunted Highway. Okay, suddenly I'm out and it's the afternoon. It's like I'm visiting the site of a former dead relatives like car accident death.
Speaker 3: I know there to lay a teddy bear. And it's surveillance imagery. It's like weird Google image surveillance.
Speaker 2: Literally difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's a motorcycle?
Speaker 2: And I ask, is a part of a handle a motorcycle?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: While the person's on the motorcycle, their legs sort of touching it. It's mostly the person, but right exactly I actually was relieved. I was relieved yesterday I was. I was like, oh God, here we go.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you hit the capture thing or you hit the confirming human and that's it. And then sometimes the cash thing appears, and then it's like, oh, here we go, time to go to the highway. And then oh an underpass, Time for an underpass? Yeah, you know, and then and then it's like yesterday, it was like penguin and then some other animals, and like which one was alike? And I started to panic. First of all, it's okay, so it's gonna be mammal or am I going looking for other penguins? Anyway, it was far superior, So I support this move towards animals.
Speaker 3: Off this road. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It just reminds me of of death.
Speaker 4: I texted you last night tempted to beg for Peloton. Oh right, I was going to send us a couple of bikes. The people are having wild orgasms on their Peloton bikes every day.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I don't, just because there's a seat between their legs.
Speaker 4: I haven't been on a bike in a minute. Forgot, I forgot exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Forgot that it's not a sex a sex toy. It wasn't designed for that. I mean, I think as as much as any stool, right fence or any ledge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, instead of peloton ledge as a little ledge send you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little.
Speaker 1: Well my my, the only you know, I mean we've talked to this before, but like you know, you chose bike, you know, like my issue with with knees, no with you know, a soul cycle and all that, and like I go in there and it's like, you know, legs and it's only really like, oh, I know, we're like and it's like if you wanted, if you wanted more emotion other than just being a mechanical thing where your legs are going along a wheel, which is only going to create kind of a to me in my mind, a muscular balance.
Speaker 2: We're not we're not designed to just be on a bike, right.
Speaker 1: And then they try to add like hand movements to try to bring in the ads and I'm like.
Speaker 3: It's too late. Well, just purely as cardiovascular exercise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to be hunched, though I won't lie. I wouldn't mind one of those recumbent bikes, a recumbent peloton.
Speaker 3: You sort of leaned back. I feel like it would be better for the posta. That's fun.
Speaker 2: I used to do that, like in college in the gym with a book.
Speaker 4: Wow, had a disappointing bagel today, Imagine that delivering in a bagel of locks, cream, cheese, all of it.
Speaker 3: Imagine that and not enjoying it. That was me today. I'm bad? What bad? What was bad about it? It just wasn't everything bad. It just fucking wasn't good. It just fucking wasn't good. Yeah, can you imagine the excitement bagel fuck it delivery? Going all out? Did you choose a good place.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: At it?
Speaker 4: As I've talked about, as everyone in Los Angeles talks about. But it's the fucking truth. Courage of bagels. There's no going back once you've eaten that. Every other bagel is just like, it's like work to eat courage. Okay, cooking the alice and Roman tomato tart tonight.
Speaker 1: Really that's a bold move for someone who's diminished mentally.
Speaker 4: No, I told you is to become myself through cooking and errands, right right?
Speaker 3: I mean to just get into my.
Speaker 6: Hands reading anything interesting.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm back on my Eric mas L books like mastering creative anxiety and Ango Blues, Path through Depression and so on.
Speaker 3: Daily practice. You ever read The Noonday Demon? Who you think you're fucking talking to?
Speaker 2: Not only have I read The Noonday Demon?
Speaker 3: I wrote it in the book.
Speaker 1: I wrote, Oh I don't remember, by the way, poohgs it's called by my book? How do we in public? Someone was like, you have a book? I was like, oh my god, I know.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, oh wait wait, breaking news. My colon assist retired. I had a colonic booked on Friday.
Speaker 3: I texted her. I was like, hey, do you have anything open by Thursday? By chance? No big deal. If not, see Friday. You just go all the time, don't you know. I haven't been like seven weeks still, But yeah, I was going like, like, what's your what's your aim monthly? What's the idea? So interesting?
Speaker 4: I stopped though it hasn't been that way for a while. And now she goes, she goes, oh my god, I have to cancel. I'll send you. I get a huge text that she's saying to all her clients spiritual awakening, not coming back to La done, going where into the wilderness?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they were the one recommending you kind of other spirituals.
Speaker 3: By the way, with her, she gave me journey of souls. Right. I thought that somehow, no, husband has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but didn't your colonicists recommend someone else a different healer.
Speaker 4: No, I'm a ser oh a man. Yeah, but he wasn't a colonosist.
Speaker 1: I went to him and he did like I made him the husband I went through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she talked about this guy who I went to who did a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you were like trembling on the table without manual touch or something.
Speaker 3: No, that I've never had the thing where they were in there there. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I thought you felt the hands something.
Speaker 3: No, he put his hands on me, but he fully had his hands on my stomach and lower back. I was like okay.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm okay with this, but watch out, honey.
Speaker 3: I feel safe. But she's gone. Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: I guess that's kind of good to U suffer the loss of of a practitioner who you're who's a crutch, right, freeze you from a crutch existence of It's like, yeah, nothing, nothing, you can't count on anything.
Speaker 3: I think she was a crutch. But yeah, I think, I think, I know, I don't mean, I don't. Well, she's the only and.
Speaker 4: I repeat, only capital Oh, only gravity colonic person in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: That can't be true.
Speaker 3: It is true. There's a lot in New York. She's the only one in New York.
Speaker 1: Really, I thought like that was the the only way, the new way, the only acceptable way.
Speaker 3: It was the gravity. You hang a.
Speaker 1: Huge porcelain, porcelain water tower above you in the thing, and then it comes down.
Speaker 4: Gravity is the most gentle kind. The other kind is called like pressure colonic. Right, but she does gravity? Yeah, but is it literally a big water thing? Is it water hanging above you? Essentially? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's interesting because is it the full force of gravity?
Speaker 3: I don't know, is it straight down or is it on a slant? Oh? I know, its like just because something's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like interesting because it's it almost sounds like okay, gravity. It's not just a uniform force. I mean, it's not just a x like a thousand pounds of water gravity coming down you know, through a tube on you. It's not inherently like do you know what I'm saying. I just the gentleness. It just sounds like no, I know, is also how a building falls on you?
Speaker 4: Totally. I guess the point is that it doesn't. It's more of a slow.
Speaker 1: I mean, it makes sense like I could, I could, I can see it in my mind. But now I'm just curious, like how exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't know is the true is the true answer?
Speaker 1: No, certainly, certainly, obviously, I'm just probing unintended, right. I always find it such a drag and conversation when when there has to be a pause because someone has to say no pun intended or it's like exhausting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was saying.
Speaker 4: Puns are for the week, which is actually saying that is almost becoming That's all the I've lowered myself to someone who makes.
Speaker 3: Puns, Like, does you mean like to say puns are for the week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to make fun of puns is participating in the trapic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's lower, it's lower. It's actually a thousand times lower than it's lower.
Speaker 3: I mean to say puns.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like the whole thing, Like you know, I mean, there's there's there's kind of no conversation at this point about puns that has value can't be.
Speaker 4: Positive had eleven like when the towers went down, it was like the pun dialogue's over.
Speaker 3: We've seen things we never see longer. There's been a un guy.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, no, like the whole like pro pun people like owning their love of puns, and then on the other side, I believe them, no puns suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's no.
Speaker 1: Well, there is one piece of dialogue. There is one one thing I would like to say about puns. I'm just realizing. Okay, you know what I do not enjoy. Wait, let me see if I get this this right. When something is a pun that holds no meaning, okay, So it would be like a store that is a hair salon, right, and they they call themselves like here here, we're here's something that would be correct technically a cut above the rest. Okay, that would take two pieces of meaning together. We're a hair salon and we're the best hair salon, were better than the other hair salons, right, a cup above the rest. But then you'll get ones that are like, let me just think like deep cut. Let's just say deep cut. Okay, that would annoy me because deep cut is, yes, it has nothing to do it's not adding any meaning. This isn't a good example, but I see it all the time. It's like people, it'll be like Jess because something's an expression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to think it feels familiar. Well, I can't tell you it's gone, it's evaporated. Why do I have miss calls potential spam? I always love that. Oh, it's like, Kiah, what ordered a couple a harm more for the garage a storage?
Speaker 3: Okay? Interesting? Which which uh? Which armor? Which product line? Which product line? I don't know, cheap a shitty one?
Speaker 2: But are they is it outdoor specific or not?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: When you I do love the Ikea website when they have their like inspirations and it's like.
Speaker 4: Or were they like we were like, oh they show you lancy versions or they just show you like wait wait wait, I'll wait, I mean I literally wait, yeah, sorry, just one second, one second?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 1: Iikia, did you get Ikea braar?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: The other lowest form of humor is finding like the Ikea names funny.
Speaker 4: I know, it's like it's get real and fucking cares Kiya. Well, by the way, here's what'schooled by that, Kia. I go fuck, I need them. Yeah, I go, oh, I can get it delivered. I didn't why I can't delivered for some reason? Well, like they're like there tomorrow at eight am for.
Speaker 3: What fifty bucks? What is it?
Speaker 4: Thirty nine dollars? Fifty honey, I'm looking at it right now, thirty nine dollars. Oh oh, look, you know what's fun litten, Wait, listen to this. This is from you in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's moaning. That's me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't really sound like you. I've got some old voicemails from.
Speaker 3: You that sounds like I can't even.
Speaker 1: Imagine having a successfully funny, outgoing message.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my VOICEMIL message is the same for over like almost fifteen years.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good one for me. It is because yours is Hi, It's Kate. I have really strong feelings about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's like I have really strong feelings for you, Like leave a message which is like me being like single and twenty two years old and think that'd be a funny thing.
Speaker 2: It literally is. That's why I said to have a funny thank you whatever.
Speaker 4: But then let me see it from I have somebody who will be leaving a message in like a serious context, and I feel a little embarrassed, like a professional.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, still you are who cares. Let's see if you've ever left me a voicemail?
Speaker 3: Ooh I love that. Nothing I love more than my own voice.
Speaker 1: Funny, I'm not saying anything. Wait, wait, hold on, I bet do you drop personal ship on there?
Speaker 3: No play it? We can always cut it. I doubt it. It's over. I did it, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm like manic souring excited for the call.
Speaker 5: Okay, I love you.
Speaker 3: My voice sounds insane.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, And that was. That was sixteen days ago, with no explanation.
Speaker 3: Sixteen days ago.
Speaker 4: Wonder what oh I was in the car. I do remember that we were gonna. We were calling to talk about Poog stuff and I got and I was soaring because I was like, Poog is.
Speaker 3: Is a huge gift.
Speaker 1: The hell are you you in here? It's interesting? I mean, I get not leaving messages. Wow. The last one is from twenty twenty three when I had COVID in that hotel.
Speaker 5: I'm doing this, the Poog Spring cleaning challenge.
Speaker 3: It started. Okay, I'll go bye, call me it's actually kind of cozy hearing these. Yeah, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: It's very like eighties a voice message playing out in a room.
Speaker 3: Hearing myself go call me. It was fucking nineteen eighty four. What the fuck is that? My business woman? Like, who's like? Call me? Love it?
Speaker 1: Um?
Speaker 5: And I was complained by your text, so I wanted to clarify it.
Speaker 3: Okay, by whoa who's that? That was you? That was me? Oh and you did and you didn't hang up? Well, this is a I wanted to clarify it. Wait something, let's see if you say anything again. Play it again. This is a.
Speaker 1: Twenty like a thirty second message, but you didn't hang up the phone, so le's see if we get anything at the end, at the beginning again.
Speaker 5: And I was so confused by your text, so I wanted to clarify it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not me? Sure is what do I say? I was confused by your text.
Speaker 1: I'm confused by your text, so I want to clarify and then look dead air.
Speaker 3: You in the it's not emotional though, it's directions or something specific. Yeah, look dead air, dead air. I'm scared.
Speaker 2: What if you start talking to yourself?
Speaker 3: About me. Hmm, let's see if you notice on my fucking bitch.
Speaker 5: Jack, this is your co podcast. Sure, okay, I guess that I wanted to discuss through the poop where I guess it is keep about today.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's me. I sound like a.
Speaker 5: But I wanted to know thought it was just worth like we're working in.
Speaker 3: That's not me, that's me. I agree. You don't really sound like you is fucking you? Wait, Jacqueline, it's full on you.
Speaker 1: Because I heard these nightmare stories where like, you know, the parent company goes under and the artist as feed like disappears in the wind, and that you need to have everyone who listens to your show on your fucking mailing list or you could be completely fucked.
Speaker 3: Our heart's never going under.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but I've heard stories, oh yeah, like I don't know, like part of it gets bought off by blah blah blah and then we're owned by like Tide and they bury it.
Speaker 3: Or something.
Speaker 1: You need like I want home addresses, I want, I want six modes of I want six mode of connection.
Speaker 4: Imagine we opened a poog hospital, a poop doctor, a doctor, a health chocolate's.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, Dollar signs it was interesting.
Speaker 4: A pool health clinic, a poo a pool hospital would be fucking huge.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, yeah, they need to step it up around those parts.
Speaker 3: Was they thinking I'm going to make a spaliotto cocktail tonight? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh really, to go along with your Roman tomato tart. I do have three containers of Compari tomatoes.
Speaker 3: Will that do anything for me?
Speaker 1: Like jarred or By the way, I've been taking frozen bananas and blueberries and just throwing them in like quick blend and throwing them in the Ninja creamy without doing the canister frozen the night before because it's centrally ingredients and it's worked.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 1: You know what else I want from Shark Ninja by the way, shoutout Shark Ninja more shit, Okay, more okay, because they got some stuff and I get overwhelmed on the webs.
Speaker 4: I want pizza oven. Really they have a little outdoor pizza oven. I don't how much fun that would be. I know, guys, we're firing up pizzas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then, I mean the real dream would be, of course, the tiny vacuum for every room. But I don't know that I'll be able to get them to send me four different little vacuums, but I want that.
Speaker 2: I want the multi cooker for grains.
Speaker 3: Are you off Element because I just ordered another box? Element? Did you say, yeah, do electrolytes?
Speaker 2: It's no, I'm on. I'm still in Superior.
Speaker 1: By the way, doctor B, I don't know if you noticed sent us like this probiotic cans.
Speaker 3: It's a powder. We're gonna get started on that.
Speaker 1: And but the key you have to support it with plant diverse city.
Speaker 3: This is the This is the modern truth. This is the joke.
Speaker 1: If you plant things, if you get it going with your probiotic, but you don't, if you don't sustain it, you're fucked for sure.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's so much to tell you, but I'm I'm lost, you know, but.
Speaker 3: Today's a lost day. I'll leave you with this.
Speaker 1: You know what I realized. If I don't do art every fucking day, yeah, I do not. Now it had now depression. Okay, it is as simple as that. Well, that's the thing. So usually it happens because there's projects and so I'm writing or whatever, but it needs to I need to make sure that I experience.
Speaker 3: This sort of joy of art every day. Dog, I am.
Speaker 1: Like a sad fountain in the woods. Okay, okay, just turns and churns and then just falls into the earth Like I just I generate shit all fucking day and then and then like collapse in a heap and and like can't bring it to market.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's hell, it's amazing. I haven't written in years. Maybe well, I mean, I mean it's like not true obviously, but it's not.
Speaker 1: But it also I'm saying, like it's not turning the wheels, is not and to polish and get it out.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why thank God for Poog, because it's fine if like if in the end, once every three hours of Poog, I say something that's interesting that that someone finds a value.
Speaker 3: Good could add up over the years. And this episode was shock.
Speaker 4: But we've been hitting. We've been having some really good ones. We needed to have a ship one. We needed to remind people to enjoy the pearls. Yeah, I agree, as they come.
Speaker 2: And I know if I were a listener, I'd be like, what are you talking about? I love it. I'm in a bad mood too, thanks.
Speaker 1: To that.
Speaker 3: Enough, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's me saying things to them, thank you for listening for your patients. Next thing, I'm going to be fucking flying high.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I want to prepare all this week.
Speaker 3: I want people to be aither.
Speaker 1: Wait one thing before we go. I listened to early recordings. I had to like isolate the audio and pull it out and build it up of hearing some early feedback to our first recording of poog no some producorial food back, no feedback fa yeah, and mostly you just hear me because it's on my end going like this yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, of course, no, yep, exactly yep. I'm like, this is like what's wrong with everything in the world, Like me like yeah, yeah, yeah, and the meaning.
Speaker 2: But actually, I will say.
Speaker 1: There's an amazing part I want I'm gonna pull it together for pood because it's actually really special. There's an amazing part where I'm like yeah, but nonetheless, like I do think there has to be a little bit of faith and me and Kate's like, I'm like, we have succeeded in our lives by not following the good advice of how a particular thing is done.
Speaker 3: I remember when you told me, I remember you saying that, Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: It's like I say, yes, yes, yes, I agree, agree, agree, please please please fawd Fawn, Fawn. But little lady stands up in the end.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Yea, I remember, I remember. I'm gonna pull it. It's good stuff, pull it, Okay, Well, love you. I'm sorry, everyone, Love you. You're welcome everyone. Bye. That was Poog. If you enjoyed Pooh, please subscribe, rate, and review. If not, we will press charges. Poop is a production by Ferrel's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Cap Berland and Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 3: Executive produced by Libra Smith.
Speaker 2: Edited mixed by Ali Graham.
Speaker 3: Music by Theta Hamil, artwork by Robert Brady.
Speaker 1: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog podcast, or on TikTok at this is Boog.