Speaker 1: Was there any special stuffing coming back to this.
Speaker 2: Place where you had the injury last year?
Speaker 1: I mean it was sort of in my mind. Yeah, man, I got hurt here. You know, that was this year late in January. But was it gonna be the revenge game or anything like that. No, for me, it was week thirteen. Uh, we're going into a to a whole it's a new year, hostile environment. We needed this game. We need this game, and obviously we have some really important games coming up too. So that's where I was at with that. I didn't want to get distracted by I gotta go back and show everybody what could have happened or what could have been got a new team this twentes and twenty three, and that's where my min my mind was at.
Speaker 2: How special is this performance? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean outside those first two drives, it's like that's, you know, the Niner football that we know. That's the offense that we know when everyone's doing their part, everything's clicking. Obviously some great play calls, and then you know everyone just makes place and does it the right way.
Speaker 2: We protect the ball, defense does their job.
Speaker 1: That that that felt good and that's what we're always trying to obviously do and and be at. That's the standard that we know, and that's what the standard that we set over the years, and and so yeah, that's what we expect out of ourselves.
Speaker 2: Physical things like that this week.
Speaker 1: Something more behind him this weekend. And what did you think? Yeah, I mean, you know, going into the week, obviously you know Deevo had a little something to him just that's just who he is and he can do that. He's good enough to do that. And but was it a distraction or anything like that. No, Deebos practiced hard all week every single week he's done that and he's been very consistent this year and so but going into this game, yeah, I mean he had a little something, little history with obviously the way things went down last year in the playoff game, and he's definitely looked forward to this game, coming back into this place. So he was pumped about it and stoked and ready to go. And man, all I had to do was get him the ball in some space and he made the rest happen.
Speaker 2: So really happy for him.
Speaker 1: You had you had a Deevil like run early in the second quarter cornerback off.
Speaker 2: Were you trying to knock and down where you're.
Speaker 1: Just trying to what was going. Yeah, I was just trying to, you know, extend the play and everything. I felt like I could shake him, you know, once he tried wrapping up, so I broke that tackle and then after that, I guess I laid my shoulder down and I think it was a blanket ship. Yeah, but it was just a scramble. It wasn't anything like I'm gonna pull the debo here. So back to that first touchdown, was it to get some.
Speaker 2: Points on George?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was something you know, we've been harping on as an offense, like we want to be better on third down. Obviously we've had some explosive plays on first and second down, but when it comes down to it and third down, we need it.
Speaker 2: We need to be better.
Speaker 1: And so, uh, this game to come out and and uh be efficient on third down was huge for us. Set up obviously all of our drives to continue to go down and score, and yeah, those third downs were huge. So I'm very proud of our guys. Everyone was where they needed to be. The oh line did a great job of handling everything with their front. They had a really good front. So we all felt good about it.
Speaker 2: The third downs. Yeah, first two possessions. No, no one was freaking out or anything.
Speaker 1: It was more like, man, we just got to get the ball roll and we need a positive play, and we need an envision and see a positive play and have some momentum be you know created off that. So and especially for myself as a quarterback, I just needed to see myself completing a ball, you know, get a completion, get things rolling. And we did that, and so Kyle called some some plays to allow us to get the ball out of my hands pretty quick, just to get into a rhythm. And once we did that, we rolled from there and we didn't look back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was huge. Defense was doing their thing.
Speaker 1: You know, going into the game, we thought they did really well last year in that game, and then obviously quarterback situation happened, and then you know, the momentum was given to the to the Eagles, and so for this game, you know, the defense is like, now we're gonna show them, you know, what we've done all year, what we started to do last year in the beginning of the game, and so for them to come out and get those stops holding the field goals, it was up to us on offense, like, man, let's let's get their back, you know, let's get things rolling. Uh, get a point, get some points on the board or touchdown. And that's what we did. So it was complimentary football and we needed it. Yeah, I mean, I'm not getting caught up in it. It was literally every drive, you know, we gotta continue to put up points. We gotta score, we gotta score. That's just our mindset. That's where we were at. Guys made plays Kyle called a great game. Defense got stops, and that's our mindset. It was like, man, anybody can score a touchdown at any point with our offense and the guys that we have on offense.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Was that going, all right, that's four in a row, that's five and row. That I wasn't thinking like that. It was where we're at, where are we at situationally in the game, and we just wanted to keep the foot on the gas pedal and try to keep pulling away as best as possible.
Speaker 2: That has a history of let's yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm very proud of our guys man to be able to get up like that with two scores and then you know, Philly comes back, they get the momentum. Dre you know, gets ejected, they score, and then for us to continue to go on a on a run and multiple runs, to continue to score and you know, have that lead continue to grow. That was huge for us, you know, especially on the road in this kind of environment with that team, with Jalen Hurts and their great offense, it was huge for us to be able to to get our momentum continue to roll.
Speaker 2: So that was huge for us. I think that was a big step forward as an offense.
Speaker 1: You u didn't have flash uhl or anything, but when you saw coming down and no, like I said before, I mean that was a football play. It happened. He was trying to get the ball, you know. Last game, that's just how how it all happened. And so you know, going into this game, they have so many other good players. You know, we weren't just a sound reddick. You know, we gotta be careful. Yes, obviously we honored and respected respected him and what he's done, but you know, was that so concerned about him in the game. No, it was what the whole defense is doing as a whole. So he's a great player, and that's that's where.
Speaker 2: We were out with at I did not know.
Speaker 1: Specific honestly. I mean Deebo's debo. Man, he's fun to be around. He's electric at you know, within meetings and then obviously out in the practice field, in the.
Speaker 2: Locker room and stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was saying some stuff that was fun for all of us to hear in a sense like Devo is just having fun with it, you know.
Speaker 2: But was it anything out of the ordinary. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean Deebo's debot. He's fun to be around, man, So he was. We all knew he was ready for this game. He's been waiting for it for a long time. And yeah, that was that. So his play did the rest.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys,