Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real house Boss in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Hey, rain drops on today's episode of Reality with the King. We are getting into the final day, day three of Bravo Con.
Speaker 2: All right, So first thing first is this.
Speaker 3: Teresa and her brother Joe Gorga did a joint red carpet interview, and I know a lot of people are speculating that Teresa and Joe only made up because their job was on the line. Some people called it a recession indicator. You know, they've been out of work for over a year. My sources are telling me that there isn't no immedia plans for Jersey to start filming.
Speaker 2: Which I'm like, Lord Jesus, I'm miss Jersey.
Speaker 3: But allegedly there are indicators that when it comes to Jersey, Andy did say at Bravo Con that they're trying to get casting right. I told you guys my wish list who should come back that is Teresa, Dolores, Melissa, bring back an O g Jacqueline or Danielle Stoub and give me two new housewives and I think we'll be good. But anyways, Teresa Joe gro on the red carpet together and the journalist. The journalist asked them straight up, peop already sent you two made up for the cameras, and Teresa denied it.
Speaker 2: She said, look, this is my brother and she explained what happened, which was a gag to me.
Speaker 3: So, as you want to know, Teresa and her daughter Jia are on this Fox series called Special Forces, and Teresa said that it was Jia who was telling her mom about forgiveness, but she was telling her mom.
Speaker 2: To forgive her father, Joe Judais.
Speaker 3: Teresa said, when she got home, what Gia said about forgiveness when it comes to her ex husband stuck with her and it made her think about her brother, and that's what propelled her to pick up the phone and reach out to Joe Gorga. Joe Gorga did confirm that it was Teresa, who initiated the reconciliation.
Speaker 2: He gave her props for doing it.
Speaker 3: He also said, if y'all know my sister, she doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do. And this reunion, this reconciliation, has nothing to do with the cameras. It has everything to do with my sister reaching out for solidarity when it comes to the family. Okay, and I believe it. I've known Teresa since two thousand and eight, and what I can say to you, nobody tells Teresa what to do. And Teresa has always been big on family. So I believe one hundred percent of that. And you guys have to You have to see the chemistry between them. It was sort of like nothing ever happened. They were laughing, they were hugging each other. It wasn't take her phony that looked no shee. If that was Melissa Teresa on the red carpet, laughing, hugging each other, then yes, I would say, uh, you're laying on too thick. But Teresa loves her brother, and she reminisced on the fact that they were so close as kids that other people would be jealous of their relationship because they were so close, and look, it's.
Speaker 2: Only the two of them. It's only the two of them.
Speaker 3: Their parents had two kids, those two, so they grew up as best friends, so it was lovely to.
Speaker 2: See them reunite.
Speaker 3: The journalists did ask them what happens if you two aren't on the show anymore, or if one person gets chosen. Teresa said, obviously, I would love to come back. I would love to come back with him. If that doesn't happen, that's fine. I got my brother back anyway. And she also said that if Joe Gorga and Melissa goes back to the show and she's not asked back, she will not be upset because again.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, she has her brother back and that she's fine with it. I believe that too.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I think it'd be crazy not to have Teresa back, and at this point, look, I think it'd be crazy enough to have Melissa back.
Speaker 2: I know you guys are gaggy, which I think.
Speaker 3: I don't like Melissa and I actually think she's fine.
Speaker 2: But what I will say is.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Melissa back on the show with Teresa. And for me, it's sort of like this. In my opinion, Melissa and Teresa will always have like this interesting dynamic right where it's sort of like Kim and Nini. You know how back in the day, every season Kim and Nini would start off as the best of friends, and towards the end of the season, something would happen and they.
Speaker 2: Would fall out.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'm not wishing for a fallout between Teresa and Melissa.
Speaker 2: We don't want that.
Speaker 3: But we know that they're just not always going to agree on something, and I think that's fine as family. But I think they have the tools to reset and be like, look, we're not going to go back down to the wrong road. Hey, Portsie, We're not going back down the wrong road. And I think that's what will be different. I don't think they'll go to a dark place. Joe Gorga even said that him and Louie are fine.
Speaker 2: Joe Gorga said that he always liked Louis, he never had a problem with him.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, I would love to see that the foundation of Jersey's family and no shade, I'm not interested in seeing another family on that show that I have to get used to unless they're so dynamic that it's like shocking. But I think when it comes to Jersey, Teresa is the face of the show. And you guys want a gag when I say this.
Speaker 2: And look, the second face of the program would be the Gorga family.
Speaker 3: It is what it is. It is what it is, so look, I'm advocating for that. Speaking of getting to know new families, Bravo Khan, Bravo Khan revealed the Road Island trailer. So as you all know, the Real Housewats of Rhode Island is the latest franchise under the Real Housewives banner.
Speaker 2: They show the trailer. Dolores is in it.
Speaker 3: I will say this, the trailer looked good. It looked really good. They are rich.
Speaker 2: The houses look like castles. They are rich.
Speaker 3: My opinion is Bravo is going to wait and see how Rhode Island does as an indicator what they will do with Jersey. Jersey obviously is a recognizable brand when it comes to advertisers, Teresa is.
Speaker 2: Teresa is the.
Speaker 3: Mount Rushmore of Housewives. Advertisers love Teresa. You can bet on Teresa. Right.
Speaker 2: Although Rhode Island looks good, we have to.
Speaker 3: See the season because look, it's easy to do a good trailer but we have to see if we're going to marvel at their story, lives, their relationships, so that remains to be seen.
Speaker 2: Not only that they all looklike I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I was watching a TLC show by quadruplets. They all look like twins and siblings. They all have the same look to me, So it's sort of like, how remember how we all thought Meredith and Lisa were the same person when Salt Lake City first happened, and we were like, we cannot tell Lisa and Meredith apart. That's longer the case. But listen, we'll see what happens with Rolle Island. I'm looking forward to it. Like I said, the trailer was good, but we want Jersey back. But most importantly, I'm happy that a brother and sister were able to reunite, and I'm happy that Jia is the reason for it happening and that Teresa made the first move.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Teresa Agia.
Speaker 3: All Right, speaking of another news show, there is going to be a Real Housewives Ultimate Road Trip.
Speaker 2: So look, as you all know, there were two or was it three? I think two?
Speaker 3: There were two installments of The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip, and the third one that was in Morocco, you're never going to see again in my opinion. So that's the one that had Vicky pedra Iba, Marcel Gretchen, Camille Grammer, Caroline Manzo and Brandy Glambelle. As we all know, Caroline Manzoe accused Brandy Glambelle of sexual assault. Okay, she accused of it, that's something allegedly happened and Morocco. Caroline Manze has since filed a lawsuit and as of today, Baby, that astallment has not made air, and I don't think it's ever gonna make air. I think when it comes to these housewives living in a house together, where they're around each other overnight and there's alcohol involved and all that stuff, I just think there's a liability at this point. I think it's a huge liability. And I think that's the reason why we will never get another Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 2: Because you can't. It's too risky. It's way too risky.
Speaker 3: And what they have decided to do was instead do the Real Housewives Ultimate Road Trip, so not Girls Trip, a road trip and is to celebrate twenty years.
Speaker 2: Of the franchise.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, all right, So would that being said, let's get into the details. So it was announced yesterday and what the show is. It's The Real Housewives Ultimate road Trip, which is the working title. Commemorates two decades of unforgettable moments, connection and legacy while ushering in the next era of Housewives. This series will debut on Bravo in twenty twenty six, with episodes available to stream the next day on Peacock. For instance, Berwick, who is the chairman of Roblin Peacock Unscripted, said that the show is a love letter to the women who turned a reality television show into a cultural phenomenon and the fans who have been there for every laugh, gas toast and table turn. So in this special even series, a group of beloved Housewives from across the years embarked on a once in a lifetime adventure, making their way through some of the most memorable locations in the franchise history, starting where it all began in Orange County and culminating in an epic East Coast grand finale. Each stop will feature appearances by fan favorites from different cities to pay tribute to the past, embrace the President, and look toward the many miles still ahead. Along the way, viewers can expect nostalgic reunions, heartfelt revelations, effortless humor, and the larger than life dynamics that only Housewives can deliver. So look, I think that's going to be amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing. I think it's such a great idea. I love it. I love it, I love it. Let's talk about who should be on the show now. So I think it should be og Housewives. I would love to see Niani and Kim a part of this. Yes, So back in the day, day day, Okay, do y'all remember how.
Speaker 2: Niini and Kim. So this is a funny story.
Speaker 3: Nini and Kim years ago, years ago, had a straight to series offer series commitment to do a road trip show. It was NIEI and Kim on the road visiting different like cities and shit. I believe allegedly, this is what I heard, allegedly, Allegedly allegedly they were going to get paid a million dollars per episode. Now per episode, they're gonna say that that's crazy, So that's not true, not per episode, but I want to say it was maybe a million dollars each to do it.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: That sounds much more doable. And this was at the height of Nannie and Kim's fame on Bravo. Do you all remember this? Okay, So it's a road trip show and they even did an announcement and everything. So the show was called Kneannie and Kim The Road to Riches in twenty fifteen, which would have document to a road trip from Atlanta to Los Angeles. However, the series was never filmed or aired because allegedly now I do believe we have this on tape, but I'll just say allegedly for the sake of it, because allegedly Nini decided not to do the show.
Speaker 4: She had a change of heart.
Speaker 3: Because again, that was their relationship at the time. There was up and down, up and down, up and down, So that's what happened. It would be super iconic if we can get Nienie and Kim back on the show. I want to see them back. I think this would be an amazing way of not only getting Niini back on the network, I think it's a way for US fans to really see two force multipliers take what they were going to do in twenty fifteen and ten years later, do it. I'm talking thinking about the iconic Okay, so my vote is for them to do it. I'm gonna care who else you got to see an Oprah Agail style road trip show with the Oprah and Gail a Bravo. I'm gonna care who you have around them. I need Meeani and Kim on.
Speaker 4: The show.
Speaker 3: Because, just like I talked about with Teresa and Melissa, at the end of the day, no matter what happens, when you see Meni and Kim together, something is bound to happen. And that ladies jumped to make Gays and Days is going to be compelling television. So that is what I want to see. Okay, I want to see that again. Don't care who you have around them, give me Kim and Nini.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Atlanta Housewives, huge congratulations to Candy Burris who won. I want to make sure I get the.
Speaker 3: The title right of the awards she won. So Candy Birds receives the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Bravos So that happened during Bravo Weekend. Cynthia Belly presented her the award. Her daughter, Raley Burris, was there standing next to her. Raley Burris, as you know, is one of the stars of Next Gen. NYC Phedra and Porsche and Kim Zoe's Jack with the audience, and Candy gave an amazing speech. Okay, the award is well deserved. Candy said, I did not have the White Time Achievement Award on my twenty twenty five beinge card, But here.
Speaker 2: We are, and I'll take it. She also said that.
Speaker 3: Bravo was gonna have me crying, laughing, arguing, singing, reading bitches or checks that I did not expect.
Speaker 2: She gave a shout out to her family.
Speaker 3: She said that I was gonna be gone from the Bravo Birds, but then the torch passed to my daughter Riley. Y'all are filming season two of Next Gen, and I'm so proud you took the torch, laid it on fire, and brought that birds heat to a whole new franchise and I am here for it, she cried. Thinking Andy, she mentioned that it means so much that their relationship is bigger than the show, and that she's able to randomly text him and check in. How that means a lot to her, and then she ended it by saying that and to every woman I ever filmed our HOA with. I see some of y'all here tonight, the good, the bad, the shade, the laughs. We made history together, moments that will live forever. We created iconic television. Great speech, amazing speech. Phaedra was asked about that on the Red carpet. She said that I'm a girl's girl, not a hater. So congress to Candy, she said that I actually am the one that told Candy that there was an opening season.
Speaker 2: Two and told her she should do the show.
Speaker 3: So she said, because of that, I feel like I'm a part of it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So then the reporter did ask her if you know she expected to be mentioned in Candy's.
Speaker 2: Speech, and.
Speaker 3: Candy then I mentioned anyone by name? She said, all the housewives, right, So Phaedra said, I'm not looking for anything special from her, and I'm sure she's not looking for anything.
Speaker 2: Special for me.
Speaker 4: All right, And there you have it.
Speaker 3: So, Raindrops, I'm going to be talking about that, particularly with Dustin and Claudia as we recap Potomac. So make sure that on Tuesday, you guys get to hear their thoughts because I will reserve mine, all right, rain Drops love y'all, and I'll see y'all he hear y'all on the next one.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership.
Speaker 2: With the Lack Effect Network.
Speaker 1: You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore