Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure coming up with a clever intro for podcasts is racist too. It's one more thing, one more thing before we into.
Speaker 2: So I was just in Canada. I've spent most of the week driving across Canada with my kids, and as I was making a joke earlier about the so glad to be back in the United States because Canada is like being in South Dakota. I mean, it's not that different except for one thing. There's one thing that stood out as being very, very different that I kept it forgetting every restaurant I went to. I didn't realize this American flags.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: It is interesting seeing Canadian flags and thinking, oh, yeah, they're flying that just like we fly on our flag, because they're like like their country and whatnot. At a restaurant, I kept attempting to hand them my credit card and they're like.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: You must be from the United States. We do not touch the credit cards here in Canada. I'm like what. And I had a couple of different waiters explain to me how, yeah, I know in Canada, I was down in the United States. First of all, several waiters has said I was down in the United States last year for the first time, and I thought, you live within a couple hundred miles in the United States, greatest country it's ever existed. You've never gone interesting?
Speaker 1: Okay, damn Canucks.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was there at a restaurant and I gave him my credit card and the guy went left with it, and I chased him down. I had to chase him all the way to the kitchen, and he was like, this is the way we do it in the United States. But yeah, they think it's nuts that you give your credit card to somebody and then they go and you know, run it through the machine and come back and bring you your bill. They just think that's so insane.
Speaker 1: Like going to stop and order a suit or something with it on his way.
Speaker 2: I had multiple different waiters or waitresses explain to me how Yeah, they immediately had to log on to see if they had spent any money or done anything or stolen their information. Where I said, you know, I give my credit card. There probably days where I give my credit card to four different people in a day, and I'd ever think twice about it. Oh that's crazy, So yeah, they got it. They do not touch your credit card they bring either go up to the machine or they bring the machine there and then you do it, because it would be like robbing you to touch your.
Speaker 1: Credit card for summer, which is interesting because Canadians have such a reputation as being friendly, earnest, neighborly, don't lock the door if they have the presumption of thievery.
Speaker 2: Yes, they don't lock their doors, and they are they are very polite. And then and then I was driving through parts of the country where you can't imagine any crime happening of any kind. But yeah, they assume that any just to be normal, that if you had somebody's credit card you're immediately going to buy a.
Speaker 1: Car or something like it, wouldn't get caught. I don't.
Speaker 2: I just thought that was funny. On the other hand, I do think it's interesting, and we've talked about this many times over the years. It is amazing that I hand my credit card to some appierce trando who disappears for half an hour and he can write down the numbers, the little three numbered thing on the back, everything he needs to immediately go on Amazon and by whatever the hell he wants.
Speaker 1: And we don't ship it to his cousin so yeah, it needs no proof. Yeah, this is giving me a complex.
Speaker 2: But I've never had anything bad happen. If any of you ever had anything bad happened that you could trace to a waiter, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I think once something funky happened and it and it might have been a fast food not a fast food, but like a pizza joint. They had a rogue employee. But it was a minor occurrence in my life. I can't even remember the particulars. You know what, always a guy who I when I'm done, I'm done. I want to get up, I want to go. Nothing makes me more insane than waiting all of a sudden, the way the servers disappeared. You can't get the check, you can't pay the check, and then maybe finally you flag somebody down, they take your credit card. Ten minutes go by. Oh I get murderous. I just want to leave. I wish there was like you know, they walk around with a little machines sometimes where you do it right at the table, which saves the back and forth. I wish those were mounted in the table. You know what, when I'm done, just let me do my card.
Speaker 2: Goron, you need to eat it. Red Robin more often.
Speaker 1: Texas Roadhouse they have that as well. They leave it at the table.
Speaker 2: All of those what are those places called, they got a casual fast casual, I guess all those places have a little thing at the table. Yeah, and you do everything at the table and it's fantastic, and yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can get out of there.
Speaker 3: It's got the big red light at the top until you pay, and then it turns green. You're like, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they can just look across the restaurant and see, okay, that person paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's really weird. During the show today, we're talking about the GLP ones that jack has started thanks to a fake online rubber stampy doctor.
Speaker 2: It was probably a real doctor, but I don't think they cared about.
Speaker 1: Doctor Conrad Murray.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a throwback. That's Jacko's doctor, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I should ask her for some of the milk. Well, I had her on the zoom screen.
Speaker 1: It's right, just to help me sleep. I was thinking about, you know, going to a place like that that I thought because I'm thinking about the GLP one thing. I know, it would be better for my health in a lot of ways. And you know, it's hard to lose weight at this at this age. But I had this feeling of disappointment. Oh, I wouldn't enjoy going to a place like that and getting a nice big burger or anything. You would stomp out that enjoyment if I was on that drug.
Speaker 3: Will No, it doesn't take the craving completely away. It just you wouldn't finish the burger probably.
Speaker 1: But you get the pleasure from the eating. You just eat less of it. Yeah, you just eat less. Okay, all right, I gots to have my epicurean pleasures. Oh, I just got to.
Speaker 3: I've been on it for I smashed half of a delightful club sandwich this weekend and I have to take home later which I enjoyed later on in the day.
Speaker 2: I have never described a club sandwhich is delightful.
Speaker 1: Oh, being an old farger, I already will just you know, cut something in half and take half of it home. So yeah, all right, all right, I'm back on board. Maybe I get a talk.
Speaker 2: I'll be reporting this week because I should note. I should have my first experience today. I took the injection yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh do I want to eat?
Speaker 2: And what's it like when I eat? I can't wait to see.
Speaker 1: We should put a scale in the studio and have you weigh yourself every day? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do weigh myself every day at home half for many many years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, and I will.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: So during the show today, the radio show, which of course becomes the Armstrong and Getty on demand podcast, we were talking about this fabulous Canadian writer who came up with a list of what was woke one in response to AOC's infamous recent quote.
Speaker 2: Woke one was crazy.
Speaker 1: And she laughed at h oh, even though I was the one pushing it, and then everybody and I would punish you and ruin your career if you didn't go along with it, but let's not worry about it. And we went through a big chunk of his list of what was woke And I'm going to go through the first part really quickly because we covered it already. But it's all significant major publications that were posting these articles and opinion pieces and stuff. So I'll zoom through the first part and then we'll get onto the stuff we didn't touch on because it's worth it. Let's see that woke was believing black people are so mentally weak and inferior that activist pressured companies to stop accurately describing the products. Was lorial removing words like whitening from all their skincare products.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that even happened.
Speaker 1: Universities published Surviving Whiteness and White People guides for their students. Professors saying when is it okay to kill whites and then saying his white genocide tweet has the university support canceling modes. Mozart, a museum curator, was forced out in San Francisco after saying yes, I will still collect art from white men. Remember he was forced out for that. A transgender musician played the keyboard with her penis on TV on the BBC and the Uh the Daily Mail just reported her penis okay to.
Speaker 2: Be a pretty simplistic song.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends, Uh, it depends. A lot of the best rifts or rifts are simple. Uh. Let's see declaring Paw Patrol and Thomas.
Speaker 2: Dong Dong Dong Dong dung dong.
Speaker 1: You gotta say tong, you know, like like the uh like I just happened to hear the cures not Friday Am in love? Uh, what's the one.
Speaker 2: Do do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do do do?
Speaker 1: Uh? That was a uh, what's the what the hell's the name of that song? Just like heavn M. You could play that riff with your deck.
Speaker 2: It's crank crank crank, crank crank crank.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, that's not helping.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to the list declaring Paul Patrol and oh, for God's sake, declaring Paw Patrol and Thomas the tank engine fascist. That was woke one. Uh, capitalizing black but not capitalizing white because whites are soulless zombies. Let's see complaining about fast food, telling a three year old boy to transition from jack to Jackie in the major media, or a sixteen year old boy claiming, uh, white people are killing minorities because they have to breathe in pollution, putting rapists male rapists in women's prisons, then insisting that the victims refer to the rapist as she and her at the trial in California. No, woke was telling white people they're racist if they're attracted to black people, and wok was telling white people the racist if they're not attracted to black people. Let's see, woke was telling black people are too dumb to excel in maths, so we need to change you mass standards for them.
Speaker 2: That other one about attracted or not attracted. That's the heart of the whole anti racist nonsense. That's so much of the intelligent you have bought in there for a while. Saying you're not racist is proof that you're racist.
Speaker 1: Okay, right here we go, right, But saying you are racist is also proof that you're racist, of.
Speaker 2: Course, because you just stated you're a racist. But exactly saying you're not racist is proof the.
Speaker 1: Well, that's even better proof. So you can't win, so shut up. We have taken over your institution.
Speaker 2: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 1: It's the new Marxist technique anyway. Also, orchestras shouldn't be color blind any more. Dogs are racist. Coronavirus was racist. Let's see racist women. Women have always been part of white supremacy. Tomboys the racist history of celebrating American tomboys. The following things are also racists. Jesus chess golf tournaments, cow's milk, Lord of the Rings, cereal boxes, soap talking, while white reaction memes with black people in them, peanut butter and jelly sand, which is jogging, interior design, surfing, the Smurfs, Mary Poppins, classical music, Earthquake signs soap pretty much, and then he gets into the part that we didn't cover on the air. Pretty much. The only thing in the world that isn't racist is vegans. Just kidding, of course vegans are racist. From Vice. Why so many white supremacists are into veganism? From Hitler to present day national socialists with YouTube cooking channels, the far rights anti media ideology runs surprisingly deep. That's right. When I meet a vegan, they're usually a right winger.
Speaker 2: That's right, almost always God, they're all over Trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: You might think, well, with all this racism out there, I should extra hard not to be racist. Bad news, friends, trying too hard not to be racist is racist. And here's an article from prominent website. Sorry, white people, trying too hard not to be racist is low key kind of racist. Then woke was when a breakfast company analogized for hiring a black woman is the face of their brand for the purpose of forward progress on racial equality. Uh woke? Oh oh, I'm sorry. The apologized for hiring a black woman is the face of their brand. Woke did not explain exactly how this move makes any progress toward racial equality. That's when the Aunt Jemima brand changed their name and removed the image of Aunt Jemima based on a racial stereotype.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Nobody explained how that advanced anything.
Speaker 2: They replaced her with like a modern black woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that wasn't no, they chucked her because she was black. Oh, just the name. Yeah, I think they bought her back was a win. A rice company also decided they did not want black people on their packaging Uncle Pan's Rice, so they removed the beloved black face of the brand. They did this so no more black people would be killed by cops.
Speaker 2: Wolk did not.
Speaker 1: Explain how this move would affect the number of black people being killed by cops. Let's see headspan.
Speaker 2: And of course, if you're a product that only had white people on it, that would make you racist. But if you put black people on it, then you're racist, don'tkay, So you can't win.
Speaker 1: Was when woke is when you had to attend this woman's class where she would call you racist and demand you send her money for six hours in order to keep your job. Woke was in doctors advising their obese black patients. Was white supremacy, Scientific American the racist roots of fighting obesity. Oh my god. Woke was when very serious people were very concerned about the skin color of the people who made their beer. Here's from the Sociology of Diversity, Beer and racism. How beer became white, why it matters, and the movements to change it. Woke was when canceling Abraham Lincoln for the crime of check notes, freeing the slaves. Woke was the unbearable whiteness era. Here's the Sierra Clubs article the Unbearable Whiteness of hiking and how to Solve it, or from the conversation the unbearable.
Speaker 2: White Whiteness of hiking.
Speaker 1: Or the unbearable whiteness of cycling. Woke was when white people were told it was racist to be polite to black people. Here's an instruction thing I think this is from a university. Be mindful of open Oh I'm sorry, it was corporate education. Be mindful of opening up meetings and interactions with questions like how are you or how's your weekend? Recognize that by doing so you can potentially be re triggering what your black colleagues are experiencing or dismissing their experience by pretending all is normal.
Speaker 2: It's not and hasn't been for a long time. So like it was in a hiking country. Did a fair amount of hiking courseman in Canada, which is pretty white, But I don't think I saw a single Black person hiking. Now, if black people, for whatever reason aren't into hiking, is that because black people are being kept out of hiking by big racist hiking at the ink or.
Speaker 1: Big boot, big boulder. I don't know. I don't know. And he says, all this nonsense is really just scratching the surface. Seeing it all collected here in one place, it is easy to see how deeply malignant, divisive, and hateful woke was, and how dysfunctional disordered the people who pushed it on society for so long must be. It is clear that these people should never be allowed to take power. Seeing this laid out, it's no wonder racial tensions and racial divisiveness have been on the rise. It's coming from the quote anti racists. There wasn't enough actual racism in society for the far left to retain relevance or takeover institutions, I would add, so they spend decades creating as much of it as they could. So the next time someone tries to dismiss woke or laugh it off as some online cooks or maybe well mean, well meaning kindness that just went too far, don't allow them to sweep this under the rug. Only by fully realizing how grotesque and malevolent this movement and the people who pushed it was, can we ever help hope to prevent it from coming back.
Speaker 2: I actually want to read some of those articles that you mentioned. I'd like to read about the unbearable whiteness of hiking and listen to their crap arguments about it's racist. I can't imagine what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the whole disparate impact thing. In a way, if you look at like a bowling alley and it's a bunch of white Wisconsinites and Chicagoans, that's proof it's it's racist. That's just proof.
Speaker 2: So the idea would be, if there aren't many white people hiking, something is being done, because that's what desperate impact means. Something is being done to discourage or keep black people from hiking.
Speaker 1: Don't ever trusting. Well, I don't, but if you clever, people are saying, well, so the wud I'm sorry the nbcist. No no, no, no, no no no. Remember, according to the anti racist crowds, only white people can be racist because racism is the expression of power, and the black people don't have power, so they can't be racist.
Speaker 2: Do you remember why Lord of the Rings is racist?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The orcs ah somehow because they were dark hued I guess some of them were very white looking, and well they were you know, Frankenstinian zombies orcs in the Lord of the Rings show Tolkien was racist. That was from the Times of London.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, certainly racist against orcs.
Speaker 1: And aren't we all everybody have fun tonight, everybody wang chung tonight. I'll bet I could play that.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.