Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. Ravens fell to the Pittsburgh Steelers seventeen to ten and a frustrating lust in Week five to followed three and two, we heard from head coach John Harball, quarterback Lamar Jackson, linebacker Rokwan Smith, and then we went into the locker room and heard for some more guys tight end Mark Andrews, linebacker Patrick Queen, cornerback Marlon Humphrey, senter Tyler Linderbaum, and wide receiver z A Flowers.
Speaker 2: First up, let's go to coach John Harball.
Speaker 3: All right, obviously, congratulations of Steelers making the plays they had to make to win the game. That was a great win for them, Just pointing loss for us. Had our opportunities obviously, and you know, played hard. I mean, I just I love the way the guys play. They play hard to fight. You know, we've got to finish plays and do things like that. That what you need to do win a game like this, and that's we've got. We have to fight for that going forward. Got a lot of football left to be played. It's gonna be Week six and we need to clean that stuff up and finish games.
Speaker 4: What question do you have.
Speaker 5: Jo We went into the decision at the end of the first half not to kick.
Speaker 6: The field to go on forth unto Yeah, we were playing on kicking the field goal there.
Speaker 3: The idea was to run the clock down, you know, and not leave them time coming back the other way, and then you know, just call time out and kick the field goal. But we had just a miscommunication heat of battle. We weren't on the same page. They jumped on the neutral zone and the guys thought they were in the neutral zone and went ahead and snapped it. So that wasn't what we were planning on doing. You could see them.
Speaker 4: Mar was surprised by the snap.
Speaker 3: So that was just one of those things operationally that we just have to get better at. And I think that kind that's kind of an example really where we're at. We just got to get better operational things and clean stuff up and make those plays. I think we're that close in so many ways, but that's the difference in a game on the road like this, in this kind of a rivalry game. So we'll learn from it. We have to and get better and move forward and be better next week.
Speaker 7: In those areas, are you close to calling a timeout at that time.
Speaker 4: Or we're going to run the clock down and call timeout.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we're.
Speaker 3: You know, if they were jump now La Mar's done a great job trying to get Kadens and try to get him to jump. If we get to free, then that's good. But it's a no snap type situation.
Speaker 9: John, was there any fuck even just a pounding the ball after the punt recovery inside there to run in Guss and trying to run it in there.
Speaker 3: We did run the first time, you know, that was that was the first call, and you make the play calls that were made. That's the things that you think are going to get in the end zone. That's what we try to do.
Speaker 10: I'm going to just see on the hunt block from the.
Speaker 4: Statute day get rushed.
Speaker 3: We didn't block the guy we were supposed to block, you know, and another situation where we can you know, to me, it's that's kind of example the whole game right there.
Speaker 4: You know, we did not do the things we needed to do.
Speaker 3: In certain situations that that we're capable of doing, we can do, we will do going forward, but we didn't do them today.
Speaker 10: And I know we can talk about like there's a number of themes to turn oversaize it seems like it, But can you is there anything you can do to try to going forward to other than to say don't turn the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, we have a size in practice every day and we'll just keep working to do that, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a lot of things that go into that.
Speaker 3: There's obviously you've got a great pass rush out there, you know, bringing heat, no situations and trying to you know, we're trying to do make plays and do the things we got to do. So it's definitely something we'll be chasing going forward. It's not something that we want to do. It makes a difference in games, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 8: And are we surprised by the drop passes?
Speaker 4: I'm surprised by anything in the NFL and football.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: It's just the way it goes.
Speaker 3: And we'll keep working on that and we'll I know, we'll make those plays going forward. Those are balls that our guys are going to catch. They catch them all the time.
Speaker 9: John not, Since we don't figure tomorrow any injury updates that you can share.
Speaker 4: I don't having right now. No just came from the team.
Speaker 1: Next up you'll hear from quarterback Lamar Jackson, Mark, you.
Speaker 8: Think through that.
Speaker 11: Turnover on downs like the first half or just what you saw from your vanish point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it turned over which what which one?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: What do you what was the fourth down?
Speaker 7: When you come back?
Speaker 10: When the fourth down when the ball was snapped?
Speaker 6: Uh, at the end of the first half of.
Speaker 12: Oh, just miscommunication with coach said, Uh, we thought, well the senter thought the guy had jumped in neutral zone, so I thought we had a free play right there.
Speaker 4: Just miscommunication, that's all.
Speaker 6: Mark.
Speaker 9: Can you opposite the the interception league obviously could coverage cause what what we were looking for there?
Speaker 8: Or yeah, actually get there?
Speaker 12: Just you know, I was just trying to get my d my my boy shot. We just gotta, you know, gett a sink, that's all. He made a great play. We made a great interception. We didn't wanted to happen, but it happened.
Speaker 9: Who Mar, do you think this is a game you guys gave away?
Speaker 4: I believe so.
Speaker 12: We we didn't want to, but little mishaps.
Speaker 6: I mean we rapped there.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: We we had 'em beat offense.
Speaker 6: We had to find out groove.
Speaker 4: We didn't find the defense played a great game.
Speaker 12: You know, kept stopping, kept giving us opportunity.
Speaker 4: We just got to do what we do finish rides.
Speaker 9: Or the fumblest frustrating team. Why so, y'all the fumbles team wide?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was we don't want those that happened.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 12: We throwing the ball and got slapped the ball, try to hold on to it, but made a great play I did it.
Speaker 2: Said the same with the drop passes too, just the frustrating.
Speaker 8: Aspect of it.
Speaker 12: I mean, we don't expect our guys to drop passages. You know, it happens in the NFL football. Just happened at the wrong time. But we gonna get We gonna get better. I'm gonna go to page.
Speaker 4: Who gonna go to.
Speaker 7: Work, talk to your receivers out to that or any boarders exchange or.
Speaker 5: Anything like that.
Speaker 12: You know, we focused on the game at the end of the day. Let that play go, you know, next play. That's all we focused on.
Speaker 2: Now it's Roquan Smith.
Speaker 10: What are kind of emotions after a game with this where it seemed like you guys were at least to control of the game and then it just slips.
Speaker 8: Away at the end.
Speaker 13: Honestly, man, it's part of what happens, and like we didn't. We didn't do enough to get the job done. And that's how I look at it, and I'm sure that's how the other defensive guys look at it at the end of the day, and that's how all we can do.
Speaker 6: We just gotta learn and get better from it.
Speaker 5: Up on to the ending of this feel similar in any way to the ending.
Speaker 8: With towards game.
Speaker 13: Oh no, every game has an identity of its own, and you know, this game was what this game was, and it was a story of this game, and we we didn't come out on the winning side. So all we can do is just each and every man just have to look at themselves in the mirror and say what can I do better? Including myself, cause I'm sure there's some things out there after a review to tape that I would love to get better at as well, and I'm sure each and every man will say the same thing.
Speaker 1: Let's field just around you know where you guys who are just bringing in murger from the next week, and I didn't.
Speaker 13: Do It's a long season, man, It's the NFL. And at the end of the day, what three, three and two?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: What two and one? In the division.
Speaker 13: So you know, this game, it sucks at the end of the day, but we just have to look at it as a learning experience.
Speaker 6: UH take the positives.
Speaker 13: From it and UH build off the negatives, and that's all we can do in this UH game, and we just look forward to UH getting over to London, learning from this and moving on to the Titan.
Speaker 7: La marm said that you felt like you guys gave away the game.
Speaker 5: Just now, do you feel like that.
Speaker 14: On your endine, defensive end or anything that you guys gave away or was there anything.
Speaker 6: That we're doing that you're I'm so sorry I couldn't quite hear you.
Speaker 7: Say from end they feel like they give the game away. Do you guys feel like that from the defensive then?
Speaker 13: All right, at the end of the day, you feel like as a defensive player my mindset and the guys on the defense, you know, if they don't score, they don't win. So at the end of the day, like I said earlier, we just have to look ourselves in the mirror and say, hey, what can I do better on each and every play throughout the game and just build from that. Cause we all had some mishaps and some plays that we would love to get back, and I'm just looking at it like that. So we have to look ourselves in the mirror and just we have that mindset. They don't score, they don't win, and that's just what we're gonna carry throughout.
Speaker 2: Here's Phillowoods head linebacker Patrick Weed.
Speaker 8: How fluscraating You just want in particular.
Speaker 15: The opportunity of two of this thing we didn't capitalize. Uh unfortunately it is same old scenario every time, so you put it sick of it, so uh, just you gotta clean it up. I know you guys, no matter what's happing my offense, feel like you should stop the other team.
Speaker 7: You know you did it.
Speaker 8: I go, How disappointed was it aud to deal the close them out?
Speaker 15: You know in that drivel they just yeah, they're following us off We all can't even stop. You know the beast in first half came out second half tackling, wasn't that's good? If you know ox spot Dross over us good. Wow, we had a chances, like I said, and then okay capitalized and it's the same story over and open it.
Speaker 8: So something that a churning.
Speaker 11: Two that seemed like you were saying like the first half for you's a lot of good pressure on it and and then it change.
Speaker 5: What change you feel like happened.
Speaker 15: In the second half opportunities or we just ain't capitalized on getting the opportunities, but we justout taking advantage of the capitaliza or we ain't even have no turnovers. Uh, it's just it's a lot of things that you you said, it's just you an you ain't have our best of all, it's a different year, Pandrick, like you had you hain't got that two.
Speaker 8: Games this year that you definitely could on one last year. Finished reis of the issue? Can you put your finger on anything?
Speaker 15: Why that is opportunities, that's someone coming to the second half that we just like I said, and not taking taking full you know, control of It's just plays here and there that we could off the field, things that we could do different that we're not doing it.
Speaker 8: So, like I said, that's something that we got cleaned up.
Speaker 11: And when you know you're right, basis us a frustrate visit to offer the sex enjoys just.
Speaker 8: Competing against expors. Yeah, I I don't like to lose, and especially when it's coming from the stewards. So you know how you know how that is already uh being.
Speaker 15: Ready versus instead of so you know, at the end of the day, I played when we got some football league.
Speaker 8: We got a game next week, so I'm just looking forward to the next week. Hot, is it any more irritating?
Speaker 5: It's just kind of a bost to Pittsford being Baltimore last year handed.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, I mean it's just gonna be upset. In Garland.
Speaker 15: We had opportunities, like I said, being capitalized. I didn't capitalize that and like I said, that stuff that we got to change.
Speaker 2: Next up tight end Mark Andrews.
Speaker 6: There like a point early on you had a chance of taking.
Speaker 5: CONVENI yeah, you know, it's a there's one there. We just kind of hurt ourselves and it's part of it. You know, this is a it's a tough game to lose because you.
Speaker 8: Feel like you can go with the game.
Speaker 5: I feel like we could do if we wanted.
Speaker 3: Plos our vote and it's the lust of drops are part of the NFL, just a part of the game that I don't talk of what receivers or anything.
Speaker 5: You guys, we have two good A players, two great players.
Speaker 11: You know, myself included it's like, yeah, that stuff can't be contagious. And once happens, whatever, mo gooman and get to the next play. You know, we need to be better and to see Mars pet the ball and pray where it needs to be.
Speaker 7: We need to be there for.
Speaker 5: Him and make plays.
Speaker 10: We do that.
Speaker 8: We won this game.
Speaker 5: Moving on personally, I'm moving on.
Speaker 11: You know, if you if you look at this game and you see what have a team, this is team that we have and you're gonna you're gonna, you know, kind of reminisce in the past and and be sad about that on the right team because this team is dangerous. We're good, very good. So it's a matter of you know, being efficient, playing goodball and every time, every time you studid job.
Speaker 8: That's all it is.
Speaker 2: Here's cornerback Marlin humphree.
Speaker 7: H What happened when you Yeah, man, I think you know throwing cash.
Speaker 8: You know you gotta get on top of you.
Speaker 5: It's the house.
Speaker 7: House, So obviously you don't want to be on the game winner, but you know it.
Speaker 5: Happens to you.
Speaker 7: Question, so try to let those to where you can test those catches in breaking up.
Speaker 8: How did you feel on?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Felt great, of course. I mean I'm coming into a regular season game.
Speaker 8: It's different than now music.
Speaker 5: Playing a felt is becomfortable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it felt good to be back. So that's exactingly as film. The guys well with the streets overall for the entire team.
Speaker 6: You mean, you know, you know, everything passes.
Speaker 7: What do you feel the frustration level is with the team right now? I gotta really want to speak for myself. I know I'm badly frustrated and.
Speaker 14: Getting up the game winner, so you know, I think the biggest thing is, you know, your true to win the same way true loss. You go about twenty four hours in this field were different because we kind of about how we've been playing in London tomorrow, but you know, by the time on that playing tomorrow, it's all about the Tennessee Titans. So frustration, I'm sure guys that frustration, but for.
Speaker 7: Me, I can really speak to me. You know, anything like that definitely had frustrated.
Speaker 2: Next, is Center Tyler your bomb?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I thought, but I mean I haven't seen it or anything, but obviously it wasn't. You just gotta be a better learn.
Speaker 7: From the bot to original plaaels just not, it's not. That's just just to see if the tules still just run down the hawk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to just run down the clock and get our big ones.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 5: You have fine tough fest fall games. But I just gotta bounce back to fun next week. I mean, if you guys a locker them around to let it suble effect to three. If you learn from your losses, it's tough that you can affect you the next year.
Speaker 8: We're gonna learn from this.
Speaker 4: You have made a lot of mistakes down there is to clean up and shooting, and it's it's you know, it's it's mental to stay in the sub.
Speaker 5: And burn better positions. You seen something too, Yeah, but you know credit tell click. You know obviously we have our opportunities. They have the opportunities. So you can't relie so long because what it is, you gotta move on and learn from that. But absolutely mistakes.
Speaker 2: And lastly we hear from rookie wide receiver Zay Flowers.
Speaker 7: Could have played but it we got a chance to close it out multiple time and we failt to do that. A lot of hord On you saw piping to him.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't show down to turn around the kitchen.
Speaker 8: That's always you put it in a spot where I could have caught it and made.
Speaker 6: A move with it, so that you a lot of contention, as.
Speaker 8: I mean, staying by some players out of that I could have helped too.
Speaker 7: Was the game like one?
Speaker 8: I said, win took the ball, try to stop and turn.
Speaker 7: Out, but you know I it's only turned the top blocks.
Speaker 5: You know, I just feel playing the game first time.
Speaker 7: I mean they came. I mean, if they came out, played the game, you know, getting.
Speaker 8: One, but we let 'em s. We let't take down. You couldn't have came.
Speaker 7: We coulda came out second hand.
Speaker 6: Struman finished 'em off.
Speaker 8: But I get him cred of 'em credit. And then you got to help.
Speaker 7: So you listen, you mentioned seem to drop passes.
Speaker 1: Out of this world very open?
Speaker 7: Uh at allst I guess what were you guys doing to get those chances?
Speaker 8: Stuff out? Excuse we were you guys.
Speaker 5: You need to get SoC on the defense.
Speaker 12: You know some of those were drops you guys were, I mean wed we was running out of routes and we was getting open.
Speaker 7: Had I you know, they have you minds, so you got to catch up. Ball finished it all you pet.
Speaker 2: You can attribute this to the Colts cass.
Speaker 8: You have pass execution of detail.
Speaker 7: I think not with the going in London that's.
Speaker 5: Coming we you know, group, I have to feel like that Verity Castle receives.
Speaker 8: We just got to get this one.
Speaker 7: You're not really about you'll be planning, just detailed execution and practice. Is it getting catch?
Speaker 8: Did you say you slipped on the one for long? I was just running.
Speaker 14: I was running to my right, I think, and when he let it go, they're kind of like shure, the bad level went to you.
Speaker 7: So I tried to slow down my foot five. This one you should have won, like I mean Dolphins.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, we know we should have want we just didn't execute all the times we needed to execute when they did, so we give them out.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Raven's press past. Make sure your subscribed leaves a rating and review.
Speaker 1: We will have a lot coming from London this upcoming week as the Ravens travel abroad to face the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening. We'll be back with you next week