Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings Ferry terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome in What's Right, Nick Write Episode eighty Live from Trenta's here in beautiful Harlem. After a exciting and a little confusing and long week five in the NFL. But the London games I actually like them now, but it does lead to a long day of watching football up at nine thirty in the morning, games NonStop until eleven thirty at night. But we have a ton to get into. Also, since we last talked Drake, the video of Draymond punching Jordan Poole came out and Draymond's long apology happened. So all of that later in the show and right now if you're watching on YouTube, we are live this very moment. And let me add to it this fact that you can add your questions or comments in the chat and in the final segment of the show, we will get to them. But before that, as we always do, let's discuss what we're not discussing. Here's what did not make the cut for today's show. Not on today's show is the Padres pounding the Mets in a winner take all wild card game. Just a brutal final month of the season for the Mets. I also during that game, once the Mets were down four nothing live bet in the Mets at sixty to one to win the World Series. Felt like there was some value there. Instead, they get one hit through nine innings. Quarterback controversy in New England. We're not gonna get to that. As Bailey Zappi moves to one to zero on his career, you want to give him credit for the previous one as well, two to zero on his career. And Kyler Murray's game day outfit did not make the cut, but Kyler's inexplicable playdown the stretch will make the cut. Demonse, We are just a few hours removed from Sunday Night Foot. Yeah, there's the game day outfit. It's just and that if you're watching on YouTube, that doesn't really even do it justice because the shoes you were, far and away the most indefensible piece of all of it. But you're gonna dress like that, probably need to win, and certainly if you don't win, what you need to do is find a way not to blow the game in the final seconds because you think you have a first down and you don't. But we'll talk more about Kyler in a bit. Sunday Night Football ended about twelve hours ago. Let's start there, Demons, go ahead.
Speaker 4: O La marlt a game winning drive to beat Cincinnati, and Justin Tucker has now hit more game winners than Lebron James.
Speaker 5: Does this prove to you that Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Is the A E fact check on that is it AFC contender or that Cincy is back or neither?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I never thought Cince he went anywhere. And there's a tough loss for Cincinnati. Any game you're up with two minutes left is a tough loss, even though Baltimore had pretty thoroughly outplayed him quickly on Cincinnati. Cincinnati is going to be just fine. Cincinnati. Cincinnati's next six at New Orleans, home for Atlanta at leveland home for Carolina up bye at Pittsburgh at Tennessee. So four of their next six are on the road. They are all inferior teams to them Cincinnati before they get to the real tough part of their schedule, which is the final six weeks Kana City, Cleveland again, Tampa, New England, Buffalo, Baltimore over these next six games four and two, at a minimum probably five and one. And if they get go five and one, then all of a sudden, They're seven and four and they're fine, So I'm not listen. Joe Burrow losing to Higgins during the game hurt. I don't love the offense that they're running, and Burrow is still taking too many hits. I also think they're going to be fun. Baltimore is a more interesting case, so credit to Baltimore, which came this close to for the third time this year, blowing blowing a double digit lead, up seven, up twenty one against Miami late, up seventeen against Buffalo at halftime, and up ten early in this game. They blew the first two. They won this one. Tucker's unbelievable. Tucker is if you are a contending team that doesn't have a kicker, I well, yes, it's brutal, but I would honestly consider offering a first round pick for Justin Tucker. And I don't know if Baltimore would do it. I honestly, God don't know that Baltimore would accept that a first round pick for Justin Tucker. He's unbelievable. Lamar had a spotty game. He was fantastic on the final drive with his legs. This game could have been blown out multiple times. But Lamar threw a critical pick and then missed two guys on open touchdowns. One was a brutal miss. So Lamar, after looking like the league MVP through the first three weeks of the season, has had one bad game last week against Buffalo and then one plus or minus game. But he's very good with his legs. But none of that is the most interesting part of this game too. The most interesting part of this game is John Harbaugh got bullied by the media all week and it affected how he coached. So here's situation. Baltimore is up three midway through the fourth. They have it fourth and goal. Was it fourth and goal from the two or fourth and two from the four? I'm not you know what, Let me double check what it is. Whatever it is, they're inside the five and they have a fourth down and Harbaugh his whole career since he's gotten Lamar, it was fourth and one is what it's listed? From the three? Is what it was? Up three, that's a gotta go for its spot. But last week, if you remember, they had a similar spot against Buffalo in a tie game, went for it, didn't get it, the media killed him for it. He kicks the field goal instead, in this spot, they're up six. Now Baltimore won the game. So right now, John Harbaugh is getting applauded for learning from his mistakes, and for that is totally the wrong way to look at this he made. He went against his gut, against the personality of the team, against the numbers, in a more obvious go for its spot than last week. If you score topsdown, you're up to scores and the defense was like trut last week that Mark Speed was all angry. Trust us. Okay, he did in this spot, and Cincinnati instantly drove the field and scored a touchdown. In fact, the best thing that happened to Baltimore is that the defense showed so little resistance that Cincinnati scored quickly enough that they were able to then have enough time to go back down. This is a guy staying on fifteen against a nine in blackjack, winning and everyone applauding him for it. That's not how this works. If you go for it there and you score the touchdown, the game's over. You're up ten. Well, I guess with Baltimore it's not technically necessarily over, but you're in a great spot. Instead, he kicked the field goal. Trusted his defense and Cincinnati drives the length of the field for a touchdown to take the lead. But because everyone just plays the result, he's being applauded for it. I hope it was a one time blip. One of the reasons Baltimore has a decided edge on a lot of teams is because they are smarter than most teams on fourth down stuff. They weren't last night. They got away with it. They won despite not because of the good that decision, despite that decision. All right, next, the NFC's we got the Eagle. The Eagles are undefeated.
Speaker 4: How about the rest of the nfcas Yeah, we got the Giants just beating the Packers in London on a huge upset. The Cowboys dominated the Rams in LA with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 5: The NFC East is the best division in football as of right now.
Speaker 3: Correct, Well, I mean the record says they are, and there I think eleven and three outside of the division, which is incredibly impressive. Meaning when the NFC East teams play non NFC East teams, I think they're eleven and three.
Speaker 5: I might be wrong on the eleven and three, I'm sorry. Oh okay, the holy I see.
Speaker 3: The nfcast as a hole when it's not playing itself. The Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants are a combined thirteen and two. It's pretty phenomenal. And the Cowboys have done it with a backup quarterback. The Giants have done it with Daniel Jones.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: The Eagles, I gotta give Jalen Herd credit. I mean, Jalen Hurts is playing well. I'm not a I am not a full fledged Jalen Hurts believer just yet really, but I give credit. And the Eagles are also playing really weird in that the Eagles are let me see if I have the numbers here, I texted are some of the TV producers to try to help me out, see if they have the numbers. So the Eagles, okay, yeah they did. The Eagles in the first half this year have outscored their opponents by sixty one points. That's an average of twelve and a half points. For no, it's been five weeks. Yeah, twelve points per game right over in the over those first five weeks, in the second half, they have been outscored by fourteen points. So in the first half they have the number one point differential in football. In the second half, they are number twenty three in point differential. So the Eagles are jumping out to these leads and then holding on for dear life. Cowboys are doing it on the strength of a thoroughly dominant defense that if they if it is the best defense in football, then you've got to look at that. You've got to give them a credit that I have not yet given them. Right And the Giants are doing it through bit a good fortune, some gutsy coaching, a team that really believes. You know, sometimes you have these fork in the road moments of your season. And for the Giants, that might have come Week one, that two point conversion they got in Week one against Tennessee when that play was dead to rights and Saquon found a way into the end zone for the two point conversion. Then Tennessee the old kicker Fat Randy misses the kick. They've seemingly been riding that way for a month now. They were down seventeen to three to the Packers, seventeen to three, and they came all the way back and one you look like you have something you want to say, go ahead, I mean, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I just feel like you gotta give credit words.
Speaker 4: Due man, Well, five weeks is not the biggest I want to call it the high man.
Speaker 3: They're just good, maybe good. So the question is it the best division in football? Record wise?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Right?
Speaker 3: Do I actually think it's the best division in football? I don't do. I fully trust any of their teams come to playoffs. No, but Philly, by the way, is now overwhelmingly likely to be the one seed. It's not just because they're five and zero. It's because let me and I did this last week as well, but I'll do it again. Philly the rest of the way. Tell me their toughest games. So they're home for Dallas next week. That's that's a massive game on Sunday night football. That's either against Cooper Rush or Dak's first game back Philly. I haven't looked at the line yet. In fact, let's look at it right now. My guess is their seven point favorites in that game? Wow? Is that really? Okay? So Vegas is not giving them quite the credit I thought they would do. Let me make sure that's right. Five and a half point favorites. Okay, I would have given them a little more credit than that. Maybe they're hedging for Dak coming back, but dak in his first game back. I don't know, but so they have Dallas right, then they have a bye, then Pittsburgh who has one win, Houston who has one win, Washington who has one win, Indy home for green Bay. More on the Packers in a moment, Tennessee the Giants, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans the Giants, aside from their divisional games, they play one team the rest of the way that has a winning record, one team and that's green Bay, who is the other part of this com So Philly is gonna be the one seed. I see no scenario where they're not. And that in today's NFL where there's only one buy is just such a massive ed So I have to give them credit. I would two thirds of the chat by the way, I'm being told of saying the NFCS is not the best division in football the chat. The issue is with that. My gut tells me no as well. But let's just quickly go through. And I told our producers I need twenty minute a blocks on Mondays. Now we're adding a live chat element. I'm responding to, there's no chance I'm going to end on time. Uh, the Matt rule just got fired. Okay, all right, Matt Rule just got fired. Coach of the the uh well, former coach of the Panthers. That was a no doubteror that that was going to happen there, I think one in twenty seven in his career when they allow seventeen points.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, my god.
Speaker 3: But I don't really want to talk much about that. I mean, Baker's playing himself out of the league almost. The Panthers are a disaster. We knew he was gonna get Okay, first coach fired, bets cash on Matt Rule. If you had that, that's a bet you can make, by the way, first coach fired, But now it's done. Copy all right, on the NFC's thing, then on the Packers. Then we'll move on. Okay, are we and Matt? I'm just taking your word for it that Matt Rule did get fired. I didn't see that anywhere. Okay, he says, for sure, I'm making sure a darn shifter instead of Adam Schefter isn't the one reporting. Uh But yeah, he's right. Okay, good job, Matt. My apologies are doubting you, NFC. So what is the best division in football? Then let's just go through it. NFC North, no chance. The Lions are a mess, the number one scoring team in football until they play zero zero. The Bears are a mess, so they're just eliminated. The Packers again, Packers in a moment. NFC South, no chance. One team just fired their coach. Another team's New Orleans, Atlanta and Tampa. So no chance there. NFC West, I say, no chance they have now. I don't think the NFC West has any horrific teams. But Seattle's mediocre. No, no, he's in the AFC West. NFC West, Oh sorry, yeah, yeah, uh he used to be over there. Seattle's mediocre. The Rams right now look mediocre, the Cardinals look worse than mediocre, and the Niners look good. Okay, so they're out of it. AFC East hasn't argued. I can't believe I'm saying it. But the Jets, all of a sudden, aren't terrible. The Patriots are. They've won two games, but maybe they round into for him. The Dolphins we got there on a third string quarterback now, and the Bills are obviously excellent. They're not the best division football. Take them out. AFC North. Maybe Pittsburgh's awful, but Cleveland is in it every week, even though I mean Cleveland's two and three now could be five and oh maybe should be five, and oh Baltimore and Cincinnati are just good. AFC South is not the best division of football. They don't have right now one team that looks like a good team, my prince that was promised keeps costing me money. And then there's the AFC West that I actually think, by the end of the year should be the only team in the conference, in their division, in the league that doesn't have a terrible team. The NFC is a terrible team. Is the Chiefs and the Chargers, who are good, the Raiders, who I don't think are terrible, but they're about to be one and four when they lose a night to the Chiefs, and then the Broncos, who have a great defense and nothing on offense. So when you break it down like that, thus far, it is the NFC East now to the Packers quickly. That is a horrifying loss. Yeah, and I like it? You like it? How come I just like it?
Speaker 4: Giving what Aaron Rodgers has been saying about his receivers and then on the last two plays of the game he couldn't even get him the freaking ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also a little chirping in that locker room after one of the Packers running backs said, we could have gotten those two yards on the ground. This is third and two and fourth and two and they threw it both times. That's not great. JayR Alexander said, I'm not worried about the defense. I'll be worried if we lose next week to the Jets. Aaron then got upset with that, say, I love job, but I don't need saying those things talking about losing the Packers. We are five weeks into the year. They are yet to have one kick ass game. Right for a team that's been to back to back NFC Championship games, and for a team that is the back to back league VP, that's a problem.
Speaker 5: Sow and fifty million dollars right, No, two.
Speaker 3: Hundred and fifty million is roughs. Aaron was one fifty because it was only three years. Oh okay, but still he's saved fifty million eas a lot of cap space, right, A lot of cap dollars spent on him. Not a lot of cap space because they gave him all that money, all right.
Speaker 4: Next the Bucks Snug went out against the Falcons at home twenty one to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Nice told you the Falcons love backdoor, covering five and oh five and zero against the spread for Atlanta this year.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: The refs helped Tom Brady out as usual with a rough in the passer call late in the game. Jerome Boger defended the call, saying the defender unnecessarily threw him to the ground, which is freaking crazy. By the way, Yeah, would any other quarterback.
Speaker 5: Have gotten that call?
Speaker 3: No, and listen, I'm not gonna I don't know that Atlanta would have won. I do know they would have gotten the ball back down less than a touchdown, right, so they would have absolutely had a chance to win. I also know that this wasn't even a gray area call.
Speaker 5: This was He's old.
Speaker 3: This was as bad as it gets. However, anyone that is acting shocked by this, I present to you and there's our time. And we haven't even gotten to the the a the final segment, the final question of the segment. Anyone acting shocked by this, have you not been watching football the last twenty years? There? When you are playing Tom Brady, you have to know part of the the quotient, the goat quotient is he's gonna get a few pardon me, but bullsh calls. I know was a curse on the YouTube stream. I couldn't help myself. Uh, especially if it's close length. There was if I'm I'm gonna check the play by play on it again, I think there was nobody's talking about.
Speaker 5: And then each the other like he tried to kick him.
Speaker 3: Well, of course he did.
Speaker 5: They try to kick him the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing there was. It was absolutely so. Just for the record, this is what appenson the final drive. There's three twenty left. The Falcons get a stop on a third and four and they called, I mean, Brady's favorite go to call, defensive holding away from the play, automatic first down. Then it's third, third and five. Brady gets sacked with three minutes left and justin egregious roughing the passer penalty, just absolutely egregious. Brady hadn't let go of the ball exactly, Brady. Jarrett was just rolling. There was nothing he could have done. If you would have let him go, Brady might have been able to stay up. So it was terrible. With that said, you just gotta know he's gonna get those calls he's been getting them for twenty damn years. So it's on you if you're upset about it. And yeah, Jerome Boger is not a very good ref. I understand that. But that's not about Jerome Boger. It's about Brady. Brady got that in the AFC Championship game in twenty eighteen, got a BS roughing the passer penalty, then threw up, threw a pick to endo the game Mahomes his first year as a starter, Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl. And yes, de Ford was lined up off sides, but de Ford d Ford had been lined up in that same spot all day and they don't flag it like they're saving it for when Brady really needs He's been this has happened. He's the NFC Championship game a few years ago against Green Bay, the one where Rogers doesn't run. Instead they kicked the field goal. The Packers got the stop and then there's any illegal contact or whatever they call down the field BS call. You know it's coming, It's always coming. It's unbelievable, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, you let it talk a lot of smack about the Bills, But they looked pretty dominant this I say it look pretty good.
Speaker 5: Looks great, and I really wanted to put money on them. They could have scored.
Speaker 3: They wanted to make a stupid will Josh Allen throw for more yards than can he Pickett bet at like minus one eight?
Speaker 5: Is that well?
Speaker 3: I told you? Demanse came to me. He was like, not that I do this. Why would someone not just put like a thousand dollars on this bet? And I'm like, what bet? He's like, Josh Allen threw from more yards then Canny Pikett and forget the fact that the juice was way against you. The answer was and I told you, yeah, it made sense that if you really think the Bills are going to dominate that game, they might just start running those second half of Pittsburgh throwing the lit the second half. Now, the look on Demane's face went on. The third player of the game, Joshdown threw a ninety eight yard touchdown pass and then threw for over three hundred yards in the first half. He was upset. I was upset, almost as upset as the fact that the one bet I told him to make was a Chief's Jags teaser and the Jags just need to win and they never scored touchdown the whole game. But okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: But anyways, they play Casey next week, and while we're all looking forward to that, the Chiefs still got to take care of business against the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you scared Casey is going to overlook this game because they're too focused on being the favorite. It's for the super Bowl and I'll be focused on this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean they're playing the Bills. Are the massive super Bowl favorites. The Bills are favored by two in Arrowhead next week. The disrespect Mahomes hadn't been underdog in thirty eight weeks. Now he's underdog two of the last three weeks. Well, let's get through the Raider game first. But the disrespect to Patrick Mahomes to be an underdog at home against a team that the last time they played at Arrowhead was sobbing because they couldn't stop him for thirteen seconds. The utter disrespect. Now, I would be worried about this being a trap game for the Chiefs tonight against the Raiders if it wasn't the Raiders, it was just different mediocre team coming to Arrowhead. Maybe, But it's Mahomes in primetime where he's got the best numbers of any quarterback ever. It's against a team that two years ago beat them in Arrowhead and then did victory laps around the stadium and their team bus. They haven't gotten past that. It's a team that in his career he has twenty two touchdowns three picks, averaging thirty seven points per game against the Raiders. So no, I'm not worried about that. We will talk a lot of Bills Chiefs on Thursday's episode because I am angry that line is could the Bills? Obviously it's the regular season. The Bills could win the Billings.
Speaker 5: Everything that it took for the Chiefs to win that last.
Speaker 3: Time, Everything you took for the Bills to win that last to win that last time, but they didn't. Yeah, the Bills needed all the same miracles, but they and they got them, and they still didn't win. Get the hell out of it, Bill's favorite and Arrowhead. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: When it comes to towing, Seeing is believing. That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet Together, let's drive learn more about Chevy Truck's at Chevy dot com Safety Your Driver Assistants features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner, with the vehicle owners Manual for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in episode eighty. What's right, Nick Wright? We're talking week five in the NFL. We'll get to Draymond in a moment, but as we're live on the air, Matt Ruhle's been fired. Kevin Wilds had a very interesting tweet. I give him credit, which is Baker Mayfield has now had let me let me make sure this is right by wild Yeah, Baker Mayfield has had twice as many head coaches in his career as Tom Brady. So Baker Mayfield went Hugh Jackson to an interim coach?
Speaker 5: Are we going college from NFL?
Speaker 3: Or just NFL? So Baker has been in the league five years. He went Hugh Jackson to an interm coach, to Freddie Kitchens, to Kevin Stefanski, to Matt Ruhle, to whomever the new who's the interim coach? Now I gotta look, I forget who's on that staff. But here's the thing, and I've defended Baker passing game, defensive passing game coordinator. Secondary coach Steve Wilkes is going to be the interim head coach. Wilkes was head coach for the Cardinals for one year.
Speaker 5: You're about say you're done with that.
Speaker 3: No, listen, I was just wrong. I was wrong on Baker. I thought that with a good defense and Christian McCaffrey, he would get back to the Baker that two years ago won a playoff game and was good. And he's been one of the worst players in the league this year, by the way. Interesting a little curse in sports that's yet to bite the Bills. But I just want to put it out there. Okay, since Patrick Mahomes has been in Kansas City, the teams that have played the Chiefs in the divisional round of the playoffs, I just want to tell you what they were and then what happened to them. Okay, if I made just for a moment. Patrick mahomes first year with the Chiefs in twenty eighteen, in the divisional round, they played the Indianapolis Colts. Colts were a really good team with Andrew Luck as their quarterback. The Chiefs crushed them Andrew Luck then shockingly were it tires. The next year, twenty nineteen, the Chiefs in the Divisional Round play a team that looks like they should be an AFC contender for years with one of the best quarterbacks in football. That team is the Houston Texans. The Chiefs crushed them after being down twenty four to nothing, and the next year the Texans go four and twelve and then they the Deshaun Watson. That's then the next year they're evenores. Okay. The very next year, the Chiefs in the Divisional Round play the Cleveland Browns and Baker Mayfield, and it's all looking good for Cleveland. They make the playoffs, they won a playoff game. The next year they have the Year from Hell and then trade Baker. Last year in the division round, the Chiefs play the Buffalo Bills. I don't know what's gonna happen to Buffalo. I just know the three teams that look like they had the whole world in front of them, Indy and then Houston and then Cleveland, it all fell apart. So we'll just see if there's a little divisional round curse.
Speaker 5: They get the gates with the great quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Deshaun Watson was unbelievable. Andrew Luck was unbelievable. Andrew Luck quit football. Yeah, he said, I don't want to do this anymore. Deshaun Watson said, I don't want to be a Texan anymore. If Baker Mayfield's got kicked off his own team, we'll just see.
Speaker 5: Are you going on to Draymond? Now?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we can move on. What's up?
Speaker 5: Draymond punches Jordan Pool in the face. Video gets leaked on TMZ.
Speaker 4: Draymond then says that he's going to take a step back away from the team, and this is what he had to say.
Speaker 3: I do want to give my team some space. I want to give Jordan some space and then also dig a few days and continue to work on myself. I didn't handle that well, and I failed as a leader. I failed as a man, and I failed as a leader. So there's Draymond's quote. Go ahead the monthly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you noted how Draymond didn't do his scheduled podcast. Yeah, what do you make of this whole situation? It's on and off the court ramifications and what it means for Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I made a big deal on Friday that Draymond hadn't said anything yet, And Draymond finally spoke and spoke for a long time, and he did seem sincere. Okay, he did seem sincere, but he doesn't mean he's geeking prevent this from happening in the future. So I'm going to use a parenting analogy, all right. Sometimes your kids, like as teens, consistently screw up, and every time you sit and talk with them, they are sincere that they feel badly. They are sincere that they want to correct the behavior. They are sincere that they know they've lost your trust, but they are not yet emotionally mature enough to win. A similar situation arises to avoid making the same mistakes, right, and this is very typical with almost all teenagers. I parented two teenagers in different ways, both of them exact same thing. In this with you, it was more like, I'm not to like do x, Y and Z on the weekends. I know I'm not supposed to. I feel badly. I hate that we keep having these conversations, and then two months later you're giving the opportunity. You're like, I can't help myself, I'm gonna go do it, and with even your younger sister, who is as well behaved as a kid and as good as a kid as one could hope for. When it comes to oh boy, I've got this homework due. I know it's due, I know I need to do it. Or I could just wait and then just do it all at the last minute. I'm gonna do that and then feel bad and be upset and no, dug yourself all. It's an emotional maturity thing, right. It's your brains aren't fully developed. You're always borrowing from future you for today you. It's what young people do. The Robert Draymond is what is thirty one years old? Let's say you got to grow out of that. Sh sorry my bad, I'll watch my language better. You've got to get better. You've got to grow out of it. I want to see how old Draymond is, uh, and he has so clearly thirty two thirty six to be old. Bro Lebron's thirty seven. It just looks thirty two. So I said, thirty one thirty two, you've got to grow up and unlike parents.
Speaker 5: It wasn't that. Let's just note how the punch was crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good thing.
Speaker 5: We haven't talked about it.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, because we hadn't seen the video. Everything about the video was worse than I thought it was going I thought it was going to be. They're on the court together, jawing at each other, get kind of face to face. Someone pushes someone and it's one of those things that's a punch because it's closed fist, but that it started three inches from his head, you know what I mean, where you can't really get a lot. It's like that if you're watching on YouTube, where you can't get a lot of force or momentum, you know what I mean. This was a lunch and it absolutely could have broken his eye socket, broken his jaw. Draymond's a much bigger guy, a much stronger guy, so the punch was wild. The fact that it seemed to arise out of nothing, and Draymon says, how far apart, And the fact that the other thing that's noteworthy to me is pre punch, none of the other players on the court, because it's not like it's not like that Jordan Poole said something because we don't have the audio, but given everyone's reactions pre punch, it's not like he said something where people were like, oh no, like nobody's even paying attention. And so I believe that Draymond's sincere, But I also believe that Steve Kerr and Bob Myers are fed up with this. And do I think this will impact his ability to contract extension? Of course I do. Do I think this if this Warrior season goes sideways? Do I think we now have you know, a patient zero of it, an epicenter of where it started?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I give Draymond credit because he did own it, but at some point to finish the parenting analogy and we'll get to our game. The thing with parenting teenagers is a couple of things. One is you know they're going to grow out of it eventually, and the other is there your kids, so they're any of their problems are kind of your fault, like you raised them, like you even if the kid themselves You're like, no, I was that was on me as a parent. You feel like, well, I could have done a better job, Like I'm the one who raised you, and you love them unconditionally and you're tied to them forever.
Speaker 5: Are you about to say like Draymond's not anybody's kids, not.
Speaker 3: Anybody's There's no there was no option where it's like, hey, do you want like at your lowest moment, you know what was not an option like oh boy, I could trade the monke an eight year old calf relief, Like see, I see if I can get half the production and none of the headache. It's like, no, he's my son, like deal, like that's the other thing here.
Speaker 5: At some point, yeah.
Speaker 3: At some point you run out of equity, and Draymond's walking a very thin line. All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 4: It's time for or wrong, folks. Let's start off with my favorite, Trevor Lawrence and the Jags did not only cover the seventh. They didn't cover, Yes, did not only yes, not only didn't you're saying didn't not only it's fine, not only not only did they not cover the seven, but they lost to the Texans who were all three and one and and burn you and your survivor.
Speaker 5: Right or wrong? Nick misread the prophecy of the Prince that was promised.
Speaker 3: The answer to that is wrong. But these have been a bad two weeks.
Speaker 5: This guy cheated me out of hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 4: Yesterday yeah, I throw that out there one more time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheated me out a bit more. Uh, it's bad two weeks for my guy. The Eagles game you want chalk up to the weather, fine, I did it. Yesterday's games really really bad. The pick in the end zone just can't happen. It just can't happen. And some of the decisions like even yeah, so you have like you have fourth and eight, the game on the line, and you take a kill shot on the sideline when you just need to keep the drive moving, keep your team alive. And I like his coach. Now, I don't love the weapons. I don't love the receivers, but that's not why they lost. You scored zero touchdowns against the Texas. So I still believe in the talent of Trevor Lawrence. But this week, to me, was the worst game of his career. It was worse than the five turnover game. Five turnover games against a good team in terrible weather. This is a division game. You've got to win against a bad team at home. Is bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, nicing to a team whose record is three and one.
Speaker 3: It is just terrible. Pretty nice, it's just terrible.
Speaker 4: Next, you know, Smith may not have won Sunday, but he looked pretty solid. And Russell Wilson has been so bad on Thursday, we're talking about him on a Monday. Yeah, right or wrong, Gino Smith is better than Russell Wilson for this year. He will be definitely better.
Speaker 3: Than well, we know he's been better up to this point. Yeah, but right, I think by the at the end of the year, Gino will have had a better, better year, especially now they're all Russell is dealing with a shoulder injury. And by the way I call bs on this, I'm not saying he's not dealing with a shoulder injury. What I am saying is that is not why they lost that game on was it Thursday night? Lost that game Thursday night? Russ. Let's say the shoulder injury is totally legit, then you know what you don't do up three with two minutes and ten seconds left, try to fit in a bullet with Stefan Gilmour on the guy that's what you don't do. What you don't do is and that on the in overtime when they went for the win, he had a guy wide open or he could have run like those are not shoulder and the other interception, the moon ball prayer. But those are process errors, not shoulder errors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe this is what Russ is talking about in his subway commercial.
Speaker 4: He's asking if you've ever done anything dangerous? Yeah, yeah, he's doing something dangerous, man.
Speaker 3: But it was I mean, you could set your clock to it. The idea that there was gonna be some reporting that all Russ is dealing with an injury. You knew that was gonna happen. And I'm not doubting that he's dealing with an injury. But when we're talking about prognosticating what the rest of the year is going to look like, his processing has been bad, the coaching has been bad. Javonte Williams, the best player on offense, is now out for the year, and and now he's gonna be dealing with a shoulder injury. Gino will be better. Right now, here's a fun one knows.
Speaker 4: Actually Gino's played well. Only is he better than Russell Wilson. I just think I think he's a good quarterback in general.
Speaker 3: It would be an unbelievable turn about for that guy's career. But thus far, like that's an interesting window because prior to this football season, demons didn't watch a ton of the NFL. So if you're new to the NFL and you look at Geno Smith, you're like, why am I supposed think of him as one of the twelve best quarterbacks in football based on this year alone, He's been there. Right now, Russ is a bottom five quarterback in the AFC right now. Quarterbacks that I would take Russ over what they're doing in Pittsburgh for sure. Matt Ryan, Matt Ryan. Yeah, I know Matt Ryan got the way Matt Ryan has cooked.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that i'd take him over Bakers in the NFC. I don't know that i'd take him over Zach Wilson. Right now, Zack Wilson's two and oh since he came back.
Speaker 5: How many touchdown passes is rustlown this year?
Speaker 3: Five? But let me look Russell Wilson on the year, four touchdowns, three picks. I mean he's been terrible, all right?
Speaker 5: Next? Wow, the Rams lost Dallas at home. Matthew Stafford looks off in LA is now two to three and might be the worst team in their division. Right or wrong, the Rams are gonna miss the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I gotta look at their schedule. But right now, you've got to say, it looks like they are. Right now, this looks like a bad football team that cannot protect Stafford. Now, Donald's amazing, and Ramsey isn't what he once was, but is still very very very good. Right I but that offensive line is in such shambles, and yesterday they had a bad special team's day two it is, it is incredibly difficult. Let me look at what they've got because they also have that Super Bowl champion schedule. So the Rams the rest to the way have they have their home for Carolina this week? That should be a get right game, right even though Carolina are they gonna have the new coach bump and Carolina's pass rush, Oh boy, I mean that's that's tough. Then they have a buy But then San Francisco, Tampa, Arizona, New Orleans, Kansas City, Seattle, Vegas, Screen.
Speaker 5: Bay didn't not sounding too sweet?
Speaker 3: No, I think, right I wonder what football outsiders has them at. I think right now they're an underdog to make the playoffs because we've got to anticipate two NFC East teams are making it. Philly plus at least one of Dallas or the Giants right right, the NFC that it's gonna be so soft in the middle. I'm not. I'm not writing them off as dead. But if you were to ask me, you know, even money bet rams do or don't make the playoffs. I think the small money right now is on don't. That's crazy?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Next? All right, Kyler and cart By the way, keep asking questions in the chat. We're gonna do your questions for the final segment of the show.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Kyler and the Cardinals almost pulled off the comeback versus the undefeated Eagles, but the Cardinals quarterback displayed some Nathaniel Hackett like clock management skills in the final moments. Right or wrong, Kyler Murray's spike was the worst case of clock management this week.
Speaker 3: It was the worst case of clock management in the United States this week. Okay, Now, the London game, Matt Lafour tricked that off the first half and first half, blew the clock and it cost him a good chance that had touchdown. Said, they settled for three and in the second half. They wasted a time out early third quarter for no reason that they then needed later in the game. But Kyler, you can't go on our You can't say receivers need to be awake when you're playing with me and all this bs. And then here was the sequence. They get a first down, they're down three. Their kicker has been cut by two teams already this year, and he was the kicker to Monse from the Chiefs Colts game. That's the guy.
Speaker 5: Wait, the guy that messed up his foot. No, oh, the guy that came in.
Speaker 3: The guy that came in and missed all those kicks. Yeah, this guy by the way sidebarb. Can you imagine if you're like a fringe NFL kicker just trying to get a chance, and this matt Amandola clown has gotten three teams to give him jobs this year, only run and be terrible for all of them. But set that aside. You know your kicker is a replacement kicker, right. They get a first down with around forty second forty five seconds left. They're at fringefield goal range. Fringe, they're at like the thirty five Kyler spikes it on first down. Don't love that, but fine, he does it. Second down. He runs easily has a first down if he dives or just stays running. But he slides here's why that's important. The NFL couple years go change the rules to where if you're a quarterback who slides, you are down not where you in the slide, but right where you begin it. That way, it protects the quarterbacks, but they can't just slide for extra yardage. He slides a yard short of the first down, does not have the awareness to realize he slides the yard short of the first down, and then spikes it with twenty three seconds left. If you're gonna spike it there and then kick it on fourth, you actually want to wait to spike it. It was terrible, and then of course Amandola shanks it. It was awful for a two hundred million dollars quarterback. So no, the Kyler thing was so bad. It was so bad, and he just seems like a pain in the ass to play with.
Speaker 5: It like a tough year for quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, you know what, that's interesting. Go to our last thing and then we'll move on.
Speaker 4: Last week, Tom Brady said, I think there's a lot of bad football.
Speaker 5: That's what he was seeing around the league. Right or wrong. Tom Brady was right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom, Yes, he was right. And so a number of things have happened. Some of this is teams not playing their starters in preseason. Some of this is team's aren't practicing enough. Some of this also is teams saw the way this soft, too high shell defense affected the Chiefs last year, and now they're doing it across the league. Take away the big play, make teams be methodical, dare them to run the football, make them take small gains, and teams can't do it. And teams that are built on the big play have struggled unless they have a superstar quarterback like Mahomes were, like Josh Allen, but you see Aaron Rodgers and the Packers have struggled. Tom Brady and the Bucks have struggled offensively, Kyler has struggled a lot of these teams that are based on the big shot. With teams taking that away and daring you to run, they can't take advantage of it. So Brady was correct on that. All right, about a sixty second break, be back answering your questions. We wrap up episode eighty of What's Right with Nick? Right, you know what, somebody just welcome back in. By the way, you know what, somebody just sent me that son of a gun old take exposed. It's gonna fry me. Do you remember before the year I did the twenty four NFL observations in twenty four hours leading up to the relaunch of First Things First, I did it on Twitter number four. I'm gonna read it to you as follows. Boy, the Panthers got an absolute steel and Baker. No first round quarterback in modern NFL history has ever had the amount of success Baker out of the Cleveland Gotten trailer released for the end of his rookie contract. Massive mistake by Cleveland and huge win for Carolina. That one has an age that well. I gotta tell you that one uh has not aged that well? Uh so? And also we've got okay, hold on, we've got people asking for mugs the show. I gotta stay off Twitter, all right, final segment, We've got some questions from the audience in the live YouTube chat. Demons, give him to me. What are we starting with?
Speaker 4: We're starting off with veto and he asked, do you think Cooper Rush is going to be a valuable trade piece in the offseason or a or a long term security blanket?
Speaker 3: Okay, So, unfortunately for the Cowboys, the answer might be neither. Cooper Rush. Let me make sure I'm right about this. I think is contract. Yeah, this is the last year of his contract, and he's been in the league long enough. He's not a restricted free agent. He's unrestricted. Now what do imagine? I don't think any team is going to be racing to make Cooper Rush their starting quarterback. But I think he will get some good money backup quarterback offers, and I ain't if you're the cow Boys. He's the best backup quarterback you could hope for because he knows the system and he's played well. So I do think they're gonna have to find like four million bucks for this guy. Five million bucks for this guy.
Speaker 5: Shout out.
Speaker 3: Now, Maybe I'll be wrong. Maybe a team will be desperate and stupid and try to, you know, give him a shot at be a starter, in which case will pay him like twelve million. Cowboys can't do that, So they're not gonna franchise tag him. Obviously, he'd be thirty five million dollars Rush. So he's going to be a true free and clear free agent, and it'll be very interesting to see what type of market he has. But they can't trade him. If the only way they could trade him is if they do it now, they do it in the next month, and they're not gonna do that all right. Next, low Suck.
Speaker 5: Asks would you like to be a GM for a sports team? If you could become one, which league would you pick? And which team would you try to rebuild?
Speaker 3: So you know, it's funny. I I've always said I'd love to be an MBAGM. I had someone I'll just say who it is. I was talking with Maverick about this because he's gonna he and Lebron are gonna buy a team. I just kind of trying to position myself for a front office job, and I was like, you wouldn't want to be president of basketball operations. He's like no, He's like, that's a terrible job. Like how's that terrible job? He's like, it's just everyone coming into your office and complaining about other people, the players don't like the coach. The coach as you gotten better players, It's like, that's a bad job. Now I think I would.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing I would. I am not good enough at evaluating college prospects on the collegiate football level to be a great I'd be a terrible NFL scout I think I'd be exceptional at cat management stuff and contract stuff. But that's like, that's not a high enough ranking job for me to leave the one I have now. Mike Mayock went straight from TV at NFLGM and was terrible at it. Other guys have gone into front offices, But nobody's gonna hire me to run an NFL team, and they shouldn't. Now, could I be a good consultant on certain things? I know it sounds a statistical one. There are certain things that they the myself, barnwell, a few people are just sharper at than the vast majority of NFL front offices. Now in the NBA. The thing with the NBA is this, it's such limited opportunities to be great, because it really is, do you have one of these seven guys? And if you're running a team that doesn't, then how do you get one of these seven guys?
Speaker 5: Are you all right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You all of a sudden look sick to your stomach? Are you good?
Speaker 5: No? I just figured out how to move my ears without mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so crazy, Like I don't know, I'd like did like a little inside yawn and like now I know how to do it.
Speaker 3: Oh, Okay, well, I'm glad you discovered that. I saw the look on your face. I didn't know what was happening. I know it was a Eureka moment that you just realize how to move yours in real time. I knew something was going on with you. I knew something odd was happening.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think right now, if I wanted to quit the TV show and work in an NBA front office, I think Darryl. I think I could get a job with the Sixers, but it would not be would you know it would it be entry level? No, it would be higher than entry level. Like Darryl and I have talked enough basketball that he is enough respect for what I know and how I see things. I could have a decent job, I think, but it would not be it would not be the the I'm not trying to start a whole new career from scratch. If somebody, if somebody offered me the opportunity to be present of basketball operations, yeah, of course, of course I would do it. But if I'm being totally honest, I think there's way better people available than me for that. I do think that there are certain things that I'm very sharp on that I could help teams with in the NFL, most notably cap management and clock stuff, and in the NBA holistically looking at the organization and understanding what's important. But those jobs don't really exist, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, o Reich Smith said or asked, do you think the Bengals will be able to overcome their terrible coaching? I don't see this team making a dream run again with this terrible No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think there's a ceiling on them because of their coaching. And I also think that they're in a really rough spot because Mike Brown, the owner, is not gonna pay out, you know, fire a coach and pay out his contract. So I think that is a there's a ceiling on the Bengals because of that.
Speaker 5: Next, all right, Anthony asked who does Nick have?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, who does Nick have for a way way too early, way too early MVP future this year?
Speaker 5: Giannis, Luca or job?
Speaker 3: All Right? So if you ask me who I think is gonna win it, I think Luca is gonna win it. I think Luca is gonna have an unbelievable year. If you're asking me who I would bet on, let me Yo, there's Yoka zero percent to win it in your book, I just I don't think that they're the last way. Three in a row is Larry Bird. Prior to that, it was was it Wilter Russell? It was one of them, So I do not think there is any realistic chance he's going to get it. I want to se where's NBA Awards. I'm shocked they can't find it on here. Uh I was trying to find let me let me look up quickly here before we move on NBA MVP odds. I'm trying to see if there's like a good if there's a good value. Because Luke is the favorite, Luca is only plus four fifty, Embiid's plus five hundred. That's not a bad one because I think they're gonna be very good. Giannis is plus five fifty. Those are the three best bets, and I don't think it'd be terrible. If you bet on all three of those guys, you'd be getting five to three, so you'd be getting plus money on that. That might be the way to go if you're going to go with a long shot. I think the Suns are not gonna be that good. So Devin Booker twenty eight to one is no good, A long shot, long shot. It's a long shots don't usually win in the NBA MVP. John fourteen to one, I don't see it. You know what, I'll throw one out there that's a semi long shot.
Speaker 5: Step Okay just won the.
Speaker 3: Finals, hasn't won MVP in a long time. You know his numbers are gonna be great, not really an injury risk. STEP's not a terrible one. I think Steph is as far as the ten to one or longer.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: I know some people like Zion this year. That team's gonna be good, but not good enough to have league enbep. Well, they changed the rules for Yokis, maybe they'll change their for Zion, but I don't see it.
Speaker 4: All right, last one, we got a lot more And this is from Juicy Beats COO. Question from Houston. How does it feel to underestimate the Texans this week.
Speaker 5: And get your right move destroyed?
Speaker 4: All love, huge fan of the show and first things and first things first.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks buddy, I love that one lost. I broke all my rules, all my gambling rules on that stupid game. I just included. I had three different teasers going yesterday, right and the Jags were part of all three, so I just lost them all. I lost all of them because the Jags couldn't win and I lost. I'm I'm in a massive survivor contest where you have multiple entries. Eight Now ninety of the injries have been eliminated. I still had fifty percent of mine twenty entries. I have ten left, had ten left. Half of those were the Jacks, turning down to five injuries in that one. I lost all this money. I got demanse venmowing me sixty dollars like that's gonna make a god dog dent and what the Jags cost me yesterday. Congrats to the Texans. Good for you guys. That was today's show. We will be back on Thursday. Great job, Demnse. Chiefs gonna roll, you know what. Chiefs huge over the Raiders tonight, Huge over the Raiders tonight. And I'm I'm gonna really break all my rules, making it all back on the Oh, making it all back on the Une tonight. Imagine what Nothing exactly right? All right, We'll talk to you guys on Thursday.