Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power, written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcast, Weezy.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all get that. Now, let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy B.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance.
Speaker 2: I'm your girl, Mandy B. And today is giving heavy.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know how we're gonna get through all of the topics today.
Speaker 2: At one point in this episode, I may just.
Speaker 1: Crashed out and say fit because that's how I'm feeling with all of the doom scrolling, with all of the news, with all of the sadness, with everything that's happening in this world, Why do we have to be here to talk about it? Just be rainbows and butterflies. I guess not so this week and this is America. We're getting into how they're swooping the journalists off the street.
Speaker 2: That's right, we're getting into that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we are talking about the orange.
Speaker 2: Cheeto they're eating, the cats, and.
Speaker 1: The Trinidadian who is shucking and jiving for that gold card that really.
Speaker 2: Apparently ain't getting her nowhere?
Speaker 1: And what else This is America this week, All of the things that are going on that we kind of don't want to talk to talk about.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna get into it. And then this is not a sports podcast, however, we are talking a little bit of tennis.
Speaker 1: We're giving you our super bold predictions and all of the things that.
Speaker 2: Are happening in the world. Y'all. I don't understand how we're here today, but we are.
Speaker 1: And I am joined by one half of my super producer. I got a king in the building over there shaking his head, how are you doing, Salon?
Speaker 2: Why didn't now you know? I'm not gonna say that because I don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Say see, I can't even I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 3: I said it, I said it wrong. It's supposed to be Islam Lam and right.
Speaker 2: I got that one right.
Speaker 4: Why lak masalon?
Speaker 2: I never heard of a wall lake a massalon.
Speaker 3: It's how you pronounced it, like I just try to make ea. You just said it la a salon salon.
Speaker 1: No oh wait, they do.
Speaker 2: They don't even say they embrace.
Speaker 3: We embraced all religions, walks of life, craze, national God bless.
Speaker 2: That's that's real. All lots matter.
Speaker 3: No ice cold, no ice, ice cold, ice cold.
Speaker 2: Jason is up in Jersey.
Speaker 1: He had a deadline on a magazine that he's working on, So we send him love while he's battling the snow and all the weathers up there up north. And then of course I'm joined by the headline.
Speaker 2: We got jobs, you know that?
Speaker 5: Uh pod blessing all the app niggas there we go?
Speaker 2: What up? What up? What up? Guys? I'm I'm okay. I do want to let y'all know I am no longer bleeding, but I'm very emotional and I don't know why. I really don't know why.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's understandable. It's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: It's a lot going on. It is so sad out here in these streets.
Speaker 3: I think it's a transition from Mandy Taylor Green here.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing about term revolutionary?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: You know, yes, I am panther.
Speaker 4: It's like, what the hold on?
Speaker 2: Yeo me laughing? Got yell me on the board. That was way too loud. You know, I'm excited about the energy of I guess we'll start with our ignorant takes of the week. And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I do have emotions, right, but this week I felt like, damn, this is crazy that I feel this way, but I do. And so I wanted to talk about bringing Shane back because let me give you guys the story. By the way, this is what lands in my group chats. So I was on Twitter two weeks ago. This is how quick life happens.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: So I'm on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago, and there is dms that are posted by a woman sharing a school counselor in her niece's dms. The niece is fourteen years old, the school counselor is a grown ass man. So she literally posts the DMS on Twitter and in real time is.
Speaker 2: Like Internet, y'all know what to do. Very next day he's suspended, of course, next week.
Speaker 1: This week he unlived to himself that quick literally and so mind you, this landed in my group chat and I'm listening and I'm sharing it with my friends and I'm like, girl, niggas is nasty Da da da dah, So literally sharing how quickly this happened in my group chat.
Speaker 2: And so when the news came out that he unlived himself, mind you.
Speaker 1: Also, really weird unlived himself on a school ground, on a difference, a different school ground, Like what type of fucking poetic bullshit is this motherfucker on? Weird, So he unalives himself on on a school that's about to be demolished, and so.
Speaker 2: His picture has been plastered all over there and you know what I'm talking about. And it dropped into the group chat again and I was like, how egregious was the text message? I mean, oh no, no, no, no, no, it was it was. It was nazy.
Speaker 1: He was like kind of trying, I think, offering her a ride, like saying she looks she looks good, and like it was.
Speaker 2: Completely inappropriate hold on, let me pull it up because I'm gonna say his name, not not to say his name.
Speaker 5: Who's that fellow? And that's what I want to know, you know. But to your point, like, that's.
Speaker 2: This took place I knew was uh Baton Rouge, So Louisiana.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they they found him at that, But it was.
Speaker 1: Just interesting to me for a lot of things. Right, First off, who does life come at you fast? Second, though, I'm like, damn his decisions cost this. And then once the whole world knew that he was a nasty motherfucker, he offed himself, and so a part of me was like, in the group chat, this is I was like, good for him. Yeah, there was no empathy, and a part of me actually felt like I hope other people with nasty thoughts saw how quickly this happened, and I literally was like, this is why we have to bring Shane back. Right in my mind, I'm just like, I hope someone saw this and they decided not to pressent in that little girl's DMS. I hope that somebody saw this and was like, you know what, I'm I'm not living my life right, and if my own demons come out. This is kind of the result. And I was just like, you know what, Damn, this happened fast. It was just I think it was just crazy to me that I saw the dms Internet do.
Speaker 2: What you Do play out in a week.
Speaker 1: In a week, those dms came out and in a week he was gone, and I was just like, oh, wow, like mine is crazy.
Speaker 5: All in all, it's in that positive right, like I agree with you, Like I hope that there's two sides of this. I hope that, yeah, maybe somebody saw this and decided they're gonna not do that. But I also hope that if somebody does have nasty thoughts and they're about to do the same thing that he's doing, I hope they look at it and be like, maybe I should offer myself too and just get um out of here. Listen, like put yourself in the pack, bro, like we don't need Like I don't even want you in prison.
Speaker 4: I don't want it.
Speaker 5: I don't want my tax dollars going to give you three hots in the cot.
Speaker 1: And I think that a part of me watching that it was interesting because I was just like, damn, like, who knows what trauma he could have instilled on people had those DMS not come out, Who knows what other little girls he was he was looking to talk to. And I saw Kevin Gates sit with Shannon Shark on his pot and talk about the trauma he's endured as a young man who was also sexually assaulted, and I was just like, yeah, we gotta get these nasty mother in the dirt.
Speaker 3: But the power that stole right because he offered himself and he never had to deal with the shame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what he avoided.
Speaker 5: Shame, I'm gonna say, but still that's not enough.
Speaker 3: But he knew this ship was wild and from the jump, right, So you gotta deal with what comes with that, brody?
Speaker 4: And how do you think that?
Speaker 3: Like, cause that girl is fucked up forever now, ye gotta well the DMS.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anything happened to place. I don't think it got that far.
Speaker 3: Well just just just wow, my teacher was exposure. Now he's not here because of this scenario. That's gonna be on her line now for for you know, her parents got to deal with that and walk her through that through life.
Speaker 4: But he's not here to deal with none of it. No more.
Speaker 2: We can't be like, aha, yo, you bitch ass he's gone right.
Speaker 1: It just it just kind of reminded me of all the conversations around when Charlie Kirk passed like we should never celebrate death, quote unquote, And that's why I brought it into my ignorance because I was just like, nigga, I'll.
Speaker 2: Get him out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I never I never subscribed to that.
Speaker 5: I never subscribed to that whole You don't speak ill of the dead, no, nigga. If you wasn't ship when you was breathing the air, I'm gonna the same way about you when you get popped or you die, whatever you whatever happens to you, happens to you.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to change the story.
Speaker 3: The story is the story you wrote, the story, not me you wrote last I'm just reading the story that you wrote. The book that you wrote here is right here. Like for if that girl uncles and brothers or whatever from Matt and Ruge's gonna whoop.
Speaker 4: His ass, he avoid, we're gonna get that ass. But how do you.
Speaker 5: I don't understand how these people think they can keep getting away with it. I understand that these are sick people who probably not thinking about consequences, but so many teachers at this point and school officials have been outed for this same thing.
Speaker 4: And you left a.
Speaker 2: Digital foot foot prints of the ship like it's one thing. Were gonna get it to digital footprints later? Yeah, them emails is crazy. From that, I was like, did these things not have a phone?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Why was this ship written down?
Speaker 5: You're putting this ship in a place that never And then I think that the.
Speaker 1: Ship with the with the bill gates and the STDs, that was like a draft from I was like, why is this being reading?
Speaker 4: Do you think those files?
Speaker 3: I think those files are compromised because they've been sitting so long. Well, so it's like who knows what's truth and what's not. Well, there's a distinction to be made to like in those files.
Speaker 5: Some of the stuff that's in those files comes from what they call like a like a crisis intake form, right, And a crisis intake form is basically just someone calling a hot line and saying whatever they're saying. So it doesn't mean that there was investigated. It doesn't mean that there was any resources spent on finding out what it was. This is just someone saying something on the telephone and they have to make it a record of that.
Speaker 2: Is a hotline still open to call? Like, because how the hell?
Speaker 1: How the hell did j C push your t just get added into like where the hot line? Because I got some niggas, I want to put it up and now what's the hot line?
Speaker 2: Do we got the hotl you really Google? We don't have.
Speaker 1: Journalism Jason today, But I need to know if this hotline is still open, and if and if new findings are getting into these files. It is, it's given, it's very compromised.
Speaker 3: You need a podcast, a Potter hot line. I would love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody all right, it looks like they're is.
Speaker 5: Ah, well, there's another There's an electronic tip form. So if you have things you want to report, you can report the uh go through the electronic tip form. If you want to snitch on Wi Fi, if you want to get the Wi Fi snitching, you can do that. But the actual number is one hundred call FBI. That's really what it is. If you if you believe you are a victim or witness of a hate crime, we encourage you to report it to the FBI by calling one hundred call FBI or submitted tip FBI tips dot FBI dot gov.
Speaker 2: Oh but that's like, but that's not for the Epstein files.
Speaker 5: Oh no, this but this, those files just came from an FBI someone just calling the.
Speaker 4: I want to say this about this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much, that's what That's what it amounts to, and they have to make a record of it because it's a real government entity. But that doesn't mean anything is going to happen.
Speaker 4: Goodness, So like.
Speaker 5: Plus with that other with the with the well we'll get into the I guess the other part of it later.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's some there's you had an ignorant moment this week.
Speaker 5: So it's not really my ignorance. It's actually somebody else's ignorance. But like, when I read this story, I was like, bro, what did you think was gonna happen? Like I don't understand. So there was a Detroit daycare bus driver. Okay, Well, you know Detroit right now is freezing all over the places, cold, ist heel outside. So this daycare bus driver calls himself being a good Samaritan, okay, and goes around picking up kids who are walking to school in the freezing cold. So his explanation is that he is just he felt bad. He's driving around, He's looking to all these kids. It's zero degrees in Detroit. He thought, Hey, I got a big ass buss. I can take these kids to school.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Does this cause a problem if it's an old white lady doing it? Like, is it because this is a black man picking up little kid that even the thought of it, like.
Speaker 2: This grown ass man going around picking up kids, that sounds weird.
Speaker 1: But if it's an old white woman also being a good samaritan, does she get looked at as the creep picking up kids?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a fair question to some degree, but also like who to me, it's weird for anybody to be doing this shit.
Speaker 5: Because like, what are you doing picking up kids? Like, I agree with you, though it would probably read different in the media, like I'm sure there's someone who might try to feel good story.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be a feel good story.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: The reaction to it was the funny part because some people in the comments and the replies on Twitter and stuff are like, y'all always talking about y'all want community, y'all want people to come in and help it.
Speaker 4: And now somebody come in and helping.
Speaker 5: Now y'all talking about the men and other people are like, this is fucking weird.
Speaker 4: Like I don't know who you are.
Speaker 5: You haven't been vetted, you don't have insurance, you haven't been No one knows who you are.
Speaker 4: You're just hired by daycare.
Speaker 2: But do you want to know what's crazy about that? As I'm do we vet our uber drivers, we get into cars with strangers, and maybe because I'm an Uber, like I ride Uber, a lot of those are independent contractors. That's fair and it's why so many of them also have had cases and all that.
Speaker 5: But at least an Uber you had to be eighteen. I think, don't you have to be eighteen to have a Uber account?
Speaker 4: Or am I make that up? Suberteen?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: What that sounds?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: Are people vetted for ubers? Oh?
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna interest, I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you it's Atlanta at this point. So my uber eats groceries. Last night, they just left them across the street. Set my groceries on a bench because they couldn't find my building. Left my groceries on a bench in.
Speaker 2: Front of a restaurant. Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: And then this morning I have too bad eggs and a whole box getting into the uber and he like he shot, he got a little you here, a little shody Amanda. Y'all y'all no, literally hold on, hold on. And then I'm sitting aside. He like, put my seatbag. Lida like this, Lida like this, just driving. Mind you guess what's playing Beyonce. It's like I never said yes, I'm like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: Atlanta? Childish getting.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, I am just getting sick of Atlanta and this, mind you, A woman left my groceries.
Speaker 2: It was a woman, kind of woman like me. That's the thing to begetting.
Speaker 1: I be like, we don't want to talk ship, but it's my people, and I hate this for.
Speaker 3: I think they got some kind of ad with it.
Speaker 1: At this point, I'm being controlled. The universe is tested by fucking patience.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: If I was a child having to walk in the snow and the weather like it is now. Back to the guy in Detroit, I would be grateful as long as he ain't trying to touch me.
Speaker 4: Right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so the story reminded me of a story that I covered probably back in like twenty twenty two of this lady in Baltimore owned a daycare.
Speaker 4: She shot her.
Speaker 2: Husband, oh, for molesting the kids.
Speaker 5: Yes, and he was the same thing. He was a daycare bus drive who was a cop. That is a former cop. He was a former police office.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, let's be very clear.
Speaker 1: We talked about it because we talked about it on decisions, decisions because she had I understand your you being upset to find out that your husband is molesting.
Speaker 5: Children, watching multiple children, watching porn while he's driving the bus showing the kids the porn.
Speaker 2: Got charged.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she had to sit down. She just got out.
Speaker 4: She got out.
Speaker 1: Last year's on the streets. Now, Yeah, she got out because he didn't didn't do that much time.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't die.
Speaker 3: He got shot, So it was an assault.
Speaker 5: She I think I think she got off. I think the attempted murder didn't stick. I think she got booked for assault.
Speaker 2: Everybody who was on that jury, Yeah, because.
Speaker 5: Not guilty guilty what you're talking about like that, sis, we're not doing this today.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she's back out on the streets now and it is what it is. But when I saw that, I thought about that case and I was like, yeah, I just wouldn't like.
Speaker 2: So, I'm curious is he being charged with anything?
Speaker 4: Clearly he's not being charge of anything.
Speaker 5: I think the police chief came out and said basically like, hey, bro, like we understand that.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: So Lebritt Jackson is the public safety chief of police and the statement that release was from this gentleman from from the equation. We don't have any information and evidence to suggest he had any nefarious intention, but we're really focusing on sending the message to our young people not to get in vehicles with strangers.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you. This is how I know the kids is different. The kids is just different today because don't talk to strangers is the thing that was ingressed.
Speaker 5: Like the first thing, d don't talk to none of these niggas at all.
Speaker 1: Sex trafficking, abductions, the ways that we do hear of what happening, of what's happening in this world. I don't understand how a child does just get into a car.
Speaker 2: With well, this man.
Speaker 5: And one of the points that the that the public safety chief was making was that it's like a lot of kids are taught to be polite to adults. You don't, you know, speak foul to adults adults, Right, So the point was you're putting kids in the possosition to where almost like even if they don't want to get on the bus with you, they might feel like they have to or supposed to be life or be nice, depending on how they're taught, and they might just feel like, I can't tell this adult no, your kids don't have agency, they don't know how to act in some of these situations. So he was like, don't even put kids in that situation on top of all the other ship that might be wrong with it, Like, don't put a child in that situation.
Speaker 4: So it's fair to me.
Speaker 5: But it was just interesting that people were actually arguing hard defending this guy doing this, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna hold you. This is one of those where it's like a I'm fifty to fifty on it.
Speaker 5: It's dicey, but it's just like, I just can't trust these people, these people having that the public has not earned.
Speaker 3: I trust me, right, I just I think it's a testament to the times we're living in I think that would apply. It probably be more acceptable, you know, in a different.
Speaker 4: Era eighties and nineties, just fluid.
Speaker 3: If somebody picked up your kid and it was unusual, it was because of inclement weather, more than likely people know who the gentleman is.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, in a smaller town, like going back to the community, he did that kids in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: But it's now with all the sex trafficking kit, all the things that's happening. And indeed, when I say authorities, baby, you don't know.
Speaker 2: This is America.
Speaker 4: Don't got your slipping off.
Speaker 1: And I guess we could get right into it.
Speaker 4: It's but unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well let's get into uh first things first. This week, the whole internet, my timeline specifically, was was ablaze with the four journalists that were taken into custody. They all have been released, but I want to say their names. So Don Lemon, Georgia Fort Treherne, Jean Cruz, and Jamail Lundy. They are the journalists that were arrested in connection to their coverage of what's taking place in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You have a protest inside the city church, yes, Paul, Paul church.
Speaker 2: And it was a lot.
Speaker 1: I think we it landed in the group chat almost immediately when Don Lemon posted that.
Speaker 2: He was arrested.
Speaker 1: Lawyer from his lawyer, statement from his lawyer, and there was a lot. There was a lot taking place this week because where I don't identify as a journalist, I hop on this goddamn Mike Weekly, I hop on my Instagram live, I'm in the comments and to see that now journalists are being essentially attacked and.
Speaker 3: Very punished like it's it's very perfectly very is not even a thing that you can debate if it's on purpose or not. No, it's crystal clear that they wanted Don Lemon specifically, all these people, but Don wanted that name.
Speaker 1: And it's weird because I wonder if if Nicky has something to do with that too, because they was just beefing last week.
Speaker 4: The time. The timeline is crazy.
Speaker 2: The timeline is kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: It is, but also to see didn't they go and arrest him at like he was at an awards?
Speaker 3: He was, Yeah, from what I understand he was, he was covering the Grammys and I couldn't tell if he was at the event or on the way to the event, but I think he was arrested at a hotel lobby.
Speaker 1: This reminded me so much on an even larger scale of what we just discussed with Jimmy Kemmel. Yeah, and to know that the freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of freedom to talk and have an opinion is now essentially being being strict.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you are putting yourself at some level of risk. So I won't want I want to say this, like the FBI, the CIA, government agencies have been surveilling and doing this kind of reconnaissance on reporters and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Forever, forever.
Speaker 5: So this is the idea of this isn't a new concept that said, I don't know in the modern time that we've ever seen it be this.
Speaker 4: And yeah, like normally those are like.
Speaker 5: Backhand, clandestine rooms and they do this kind of stuff and you hear about it in reports after the fact or whatever the case is. But now they're just coming out in public. The FCC boss Trump himself, his administration, like they're coming out and saying we want these specific people arrested and investigated for doing journalists.
Speaker 1: I will say I love that Don Lemon came back out and said.
Speaker 4: Talking cash shit.
Speaker 1: Pretty much that you ain't gonna shut me up, motherfucker. I'm gonna keep keep talking. I'm gonna keep getting the information out there. And yeah, it's it's interesting too because I sat on the phone with my homegirl and I was like, you know, it's crazy. When I was growing up, when my mom would have her friends over, or my mom would go over to my aunt tie house, I don't remember them sitting around talking about politics. And now it has been so much of an everyday conversation amongst me, my friends, strangers at the bar, like politics is literally pop culture, goddamn, Like it's so ingrained into what the conversation is to where it's it's draining. It's exhausting because also it's so emotionally charged that it becomes difficult to just talk to anybody about it because boy, if they have a take that you feel like they're on the other side. It's just all of this is just so divisive, and I didn't want to talk about it. I have a clip because I was listening to the Joe Butden pop this week and I did see, uh, Anthony Edwards and what women women women they women.
Speaker 2: Maybe listen I don't know he had crazy. I don't know a picture in Vegas, which that's all I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, But but the two of them have spoken out kind of about Minnesota.
Speaker 2: But if can we play the clip, there's a clip about.
Speaker 7: His take on to think of the hip hop I came from and the hip hop I was introduced to, and think of the hip hop that other people were introduced to, and how silent hip hop is on certain matters. You niggas is pawns, pussys and fucking puppets. All of y'all don't have a voice to say ship everybody.
Speaker 2: It's too silent for me. It's too silent.
Speaker 7: When you see Americans getting executed on American soil by America, and then they go on TV and tell you every reason that what you just saw is not what is no time in my life could that happen?
Speaker 4: And hip hop not being an uproar.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: If you read the comments they say, I don't give a fuck these white people down come to our back down, come to support us when we're going through trials and tribulations.
Speaker 7: Fuck them, I'm not really having like a music and what hey, what's your opinion on this conversation.
Speaker 2: We have too many voices, and if all.
Speaker 6: Of them are silent, I'm gonna assume some of them are and have been complicit with what is going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's eat this on so okay, and here's here's my thing. Right, we talk about taking the microphones away from people. Not everyone needs a voice. And I'm gonna try to say this in the least problematic fashion. Have you heard some of these niggas talk like like hip hop today?
Speaker 2: Mind you. Let's be very clear. We do still have the my sons, we have the killer MIC's, we have nig Mensa, we have people. We actually do have people that speak that are aware and familiar with what is happening.
Speaker 4: Educated, right.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear from these niggas that drink lean all day. They got fifty eleven baby mamas and broken homes that they're creating out here, and and their opinion.
Speaker 2: What what shut.
Speaker 4: You got baby daddy issues? Nigga?
Speaker 3: How dare you speak out about injustice and civil rights? You bum?
Speaker 2: But here we go. I'm just like.
Speaker 5: Nigga, don't talk about politics, niggas.
Speaker 1: That is not what but it does sound like that but we saw during BLM right the who was it was a ASAP who even acted like he didn't have to worry about what was happening with the cops, with police brutality because he lived. We have so many people that now that they have the proximity to whiteness because of their bank accounts, that they genuinely feel like this is not their problem.
Speaker 2: Also, coming from Florida.
Speaker 1: Y'all know my background where I grew up, where everyone that was black was not African American. We have also a lot of our hip hop people that are African American, so they may not even feel like ice is something that is going to impact them directly because they don't have a family of immigrants. It's also interesting too that Nicki Minaj, by the way going down the ribbit hole. There's a lot of hip hop right now. We have a Canadian rapper. He don't even like he's not Rihanna Barbados. Nikki, I didn't even know she Wasn't you you have?
Speaker 4: He said, hold on, I said, not too much of Barbados.
Speaker 2: No, I love barb I love Rihanna.
Speaker 3: You're you're don't say it too loud cause the way these dudes, that's why you said my matrelinium the womb is from me. But but but that's the the overarching umbrella of black music.
Speaker 2: My point.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing too, I don't want to hear from them, like we have so many voices that we can listen to, Like this idea that hip hop is is silent right now, please shut up.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear from some of them, mind you. We just talked a couple of weeks ago. We got the Jiggaboos, we got Snooped Nelly, all the niggas is for a check, they singing for Trump. We got Wayne walking around with a fucking maga make America great again.
Speaker 2: We got and Be a young boy literally saying.
Speaker 1: Whatever Trump say, just do whatever Trump say, like like whatever he say, let's do like and he's talking like that like hurt, and that hurt because he is a voice for the youth right now. So my point is I would much rather them say nothing because what we have heard from hip hop has been fucking embarrassing.
Speaker 5: So there's there's layers to that whole thing, right Because I do agree with you some of these niggas, I don't and I've always felt like that, like people.
Speaker 4: Like, why don't you use your platform? Speak God? I want to hear from I.
Speaker 5: Don't like niggas have to decide whether or not they want celebrities to be they daddies and mommies and heroes like because there's people are always doing this back and forth dance about like, oh, use your platform, why doesn't this one say does why doesn't this one say something?
Speaker 4: Fine?
Speaker 5: I understand the point that they're trying to make get the message out, your popular person say the thing. I totally understand that, and I get where they're coming from, But also, why are we like you can't is it Uchi Wally or one?
Speaker 4: Like? What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: You want these people to speak out because you think that they have something intelligent coaching to say and can help the situation, or you just want to hear your fave and something opinion about something that's like, that's not how this.
Speaker 4: Is supposed to go.
Speaker 3: I want people who are educated, knowledgeable, and investing in the situation to speak.
Speaker 5: I don't need everybody to speak. That's the first thing. The second part is as far as what Joe's talking about, like, you know, people getting executed in the streets and nobody's saying nothing, Okay, that happened two weeks ago. If a song like Bruce Springsteen put out a record about what's going on in Minnesota, Ice Tea we did cop Killer and called it ice Killer, So like, are there are some artists who have said something about what's going on? But also there is something to say about the hip hop that he's talking about in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 4: Yes, some shit happened, you weren't.
Speaker 5: Gonna hear a nigga Ice Cube wasn't putting out a record that next week. You're going to hear about it on Ice Cubes's album next year or nine months. I guess what I'm saying is that if someone just came right out and just made a song and made whatever, would that be seen as saying something or would that be seen as performative, especially if it comes from somebody who you know has never said anything about anything or doesn't have a voice that is consistent with speaking out on these issues. Would you want to hear from them just to do the song and for it to just be a thing that they throw in the air because there's a box they have to check, right, So I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have the answer to it.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying that Joe is wrong because I want to hear people say things too, but also like I think there's a I think there is a criteria from who we want to hear from. And also like just I'm not saying wait a long time, but again, I think it would be looked at a little funny for Alex pretty got shot on Tuesday. I got a freestyle on Wednesday, sixty bars on Wednesday about the whole thing, like six sevens six seven, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: King? Because you over there, you know, because y'all, y'all, y'all making some valid ass points and there's so many, Joe, you can't expect that from those who you don't platform. And when I say who, we don't platform to other culture. So we have artists who fit that messaging that we don't support.
Speaker 4: And they're not.
Speaker 3: They had been going on for a while now, right, because none of those got not him. I'm just saying, like, none of these none of the I don't even say conscious wrap the people who would highlight these issues. It wasn't the sexy thing and it would make the sexy thing have to go right and do more provocative work too.
Speaker 4: They don't want to do that, right.
Speaker 3: So case in point, when you talk about like we talked about it, I think in the last episode with Dead Prais, they were a top there was a top, a top selling revolutionary rap and they were talking.
Speaker 4: But there's no reason.
Speaker 3: Why we only get two albums from them, right, and it was on Sony Records.
Speaker 4: They did it on a major label.
Speaker 3: But why we don't see none of this happening over the last two decades, So the messengers aren't there, we don't support them. Well, but to your point, that isn't even a new concept either, because and just to double double down, which you said, I don't like when y'all make that references at Uchi Wali want Mike because I'm a nas fan. But but to go there, No, but to go there.
Speaker 4: Jay Z once said, what you're trying to kick knowledge?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah he did to now, So it's like, what do we want as a culture?
Speaker 4: Do we want?
Speaker 2: Do we want what?
Speaker 4: You know? What we're gonna?
Speaker 3: I hate to say this shit, bro, And I think about this stuff every day now because of all that's going on you kind of get worried and ship, but uh, we're gonna have to see something wild on camera to one of us again, Allah Rodney King for that to happen what he's talking about, because I think that's what it's gonna take. We always we're so reactionary now with this ship, right, you know, but the.
Speaker 1: News cycle too, is just so quick that it doesn't even allow you the time to care because now there's something else.
Speaker 3: It's so quick, so much started that flurry of events that.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what's happening. Speaking of.
Speaker 1: Luigi, not not Mario's friend, but Luigi, the guy.
Speaker 2: Who there was who I'm surprised doesn't have a Netflix series yet.
Speaker 5: If he gets off of this like.
Speaker 2: The video they say he thought he thought you said the video?
Speaker 4: What video when it happened?
Speaker 1: Oh if him assassinating the so it's a it's a CEO of of.
Speaker 4: Health care.
Speaker 1: He just beat death ro so they essentially they took away the death penalty and now they're just waiting to see how long he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the the murder charge will stick.
Speaker 5: They kicked the he had a stalking charge that the judge kicked and I think there was one other charge they kicked, so that basically I think the I think the prosecutor's argument was trying to use the stalking as like a point to to make a foundation for the other stuff, which was gonna get him life, and it was going to give him the death penalty for all the stuff compounded.
Speaker 4: So now it's just the murder part and a firearms charge.
Speaker 2: So what did you say earlier? You said.
Speaker 1: Something when I was talking about the school counselor. But this is the thing, when these things play out too even we could think of Rittenhouse, we can think of Zimmerman, right, We actually see so many times people get off of shit, So people genuinely don't feel like, especially in this country, that necessarily they may have to do with the consequences because a lot of motherfuckers get off. Sure, a lot of motherfuckers don't deal with the actual consequences, or justice has not served a lot in this country to where this is why we're gonna keep seeing bullshit happen, because they genuinely don't feel like they feel like they may get away with it, and a lot of people do, a lot of people do. So not to spend too much time on that, but I did want to get to before we get out of This is America Nikki and the Orangecheeto. Now, I just want to say that that image of them.
Speaker 2: Holding hands was scary.
Speaker 1: First off, goddamn his hands, man, that wasn't even good on you know what was.
Speaker 3: My strong hand.
Speaker 2: Everybody in this room better know the reference.
Speaker 4: There's there's this. I assure you at least one person here as long.
Speaker 2: The strong hand.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Kennedy said, By the way, I realized that that's a part of like my love language and right now, just just being able to talk culturally about certain things from movies and.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm dealing with Yan right now.
Speaker 1: And he didn't know Big Mama your arm and he didn't even know Soul Food. He'd never seen the movie, was unfamiliar with it. And I was like, Okay, we're gonna have to get.
Speaker 3: You since you since you're transparent that you're dealing with, We're about to talk about political conversations with you know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't last don't be let having a good time to I might expect you know what's crazy? No, we don't, we don't.
Speaker 4: Do Is that important?
Speaker 2: Is that important for you. I don't want a Trump supporter, like I wouldn't date her.
Speaker 1: Talk to someone who is against women's rights, who's against you know.
Speaker 2: My body, my choice?
Speaker 1: Who is I don't like misogynists, so like depending, I do care about their views on the world politically aligned, you know, but as long as like their core values, the core value, like you can't you can't literally be in my pussy and then not think I ain't got a choice of what to do with my body?
Speaker 2: Like what are we know? So we talk about that? We line there? What do we talk about? I'm trying to think, No.
Speaker 9: Talk about hell cats? Talking hell cats is crazy?
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy place. Anyways, off of me in my dating.
Speaker 4: Lives, Lemon Pepper, s R T S.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy? Me and Crystal was just talking about that. That is when we were talking about rappers. Could you imagine?
Speaker 2: Have you seen him spell? Do you think I care about five year old Fourton's thoughts on ice right now?
Speaker 1: Like this is what I'm talking about, Like, can we name the rappers the future? Do you think I give a fuck about futures? Thoughts on Ice?
Speaker 4: An episode?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Like bro think of think of the rappers right now that are clearly call I'm sure might have a bar two in his album about what's happening because he's very conscious, he's very lyrical, he's very you know. But with the rappers that I see on the timeline, you think I give a fuck about what Kevin Gates think about what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like you're trying to free the slaves. There you go, you feel me? You feel me?
Speaker 5: No, But he put himself in such a crazy box because now it's like he wasn't saying ship really about any issues before. But now that you said that line when you come if you come back and try to say something about.
Speaker 2: That, he drops iceman that now you look.
Speaker 1: Crazy him him even there's no way he drops the album and still calls it ice off.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you, I think he's going to do it, and I honestly would respect it because that's how much of that's how how to touch he is. Yeah, be who you are, Yeah, you was who he was before you got here. So I hope he does it. I hope he does it because I want to see how he responds to that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, bro, yo, I care about none of them.
Speaker 3: King Yo, Yeah, that's the top tier are voice.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can do that again.
Speaker 2: So what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Nicki Minaj Trump. We've been singing her do the dance with with uh Charlie Kirk's wife, Nicki, we've seen she she pretty much said, fuck all my fans.
Speaker 2: I know y'all like dick up your butt, but I'm not aligned with that.
Speaker 4: I don't care about it.
Speaker 2: She said. She said, f u s that's what she's say.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: Niki looks like like the Lisa Turtle of like the Maga Saved by the Bell spin off, Like if they had a Maga spin off called like Slaved by the Bell, and like Nicki was Lisa Turtle and Trump was mister bell Ding and like jd Vance was Zach Morris and Cash Mattel was a c slater like Nicki would fall right in line.
Speaker 2: Of the cast of a show of some ignorant ship like that.
Speaker 1: You know what they say about black women when they date white men and how their wigs be crusty.
Speaker 2: She's gonna have aust Nikki has a crusty Her whole glam team must have left her. She was missing her nail. She had to God damn did y'ey images. It was bad. The crust was all right there on the lake.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: No, she felt like and and it's crazy because we talk about it in terms of Kanye, but she single handedly has tarnished her legacy so bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie if we think about it.
Speaker 1: I saw a TikTok that was like, who would have ever thought that we would live to the age to see all of young money pretty much just fucking be obliterated. You got you got Wayne, who has who is mega, You have Nikki who's now maga, and then you just have Drake.
Speaker 5: And who's just apathetic, which is just as bad.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: I don't know he crody, y'ah know.
Speaker 2: I like Drake, so we like him too, plenty.
Speaker 4: Of plenty of Drake songs.
Speaker 5: I like, that doesn't mean you're not Laye right right, Like like that's the ship that Malice said on the Clips album that crystallized that ship so good. And when he's said if I sold it to myself, what he said that if I sold it to myself, I could really be me.
Speaker 4: I done sung.
Speaker 5: Along with rappers I never believe, And like, to me, that's it right there, because like that's people.
Speaker 4: Are having this.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about We're going to have more talk about Cole and all the things.
Speaker 2: Y'all make sure y'all check out the bonus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get that bonus.
Speaker 5: But like, people are having a real tough time being able to say both things. And I don't understand why people are having a very tough time saying this. I like some of the things this artist does or whatever the case is, but this ship was laying like the picking side, and people feeling like they can only have one of those opinions is wild to me.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: What all I know is I've been told y'all about Nikki told y'all, I told y'all, I ain't never, I ain't I ain't never like that. And I said she wasn't a girl's girl. She's not a boy's girl. Clearly she she she.
Speaker 2: Is a pediful is the sexual abuses girl. That is who she is. That's her fan club, that's and her relatives because her brother and her husband is one.
Speaker 5: You know about a couple like this was last year I think when there was a huge political controversy because there was a leak of in the Signal chat that they used. Pete Hex said and some of the Trump administration that used this app called Signal to talk about things and communicate, and there was like a leak where someone in the group chat that accidentally put a reporter.
Speaker 2: Wait signal Signal can be leaked. So what it was was it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a leak.
Speaker 5: What it was was somebody in the administration accidentally added a New York Times, Washington Posts Forget the outlet, had a reporter to their group chat, to the internal Administration group chat, and the reporter was in there for months just not saying a word, just reading what they were talking about, and there was details about military strikes and all these things that were supposed to be I have no I didn't happen, but I hope it accidentally happens again so that everything that they say about Nicki Minaj and Sexy Red Audit, I hope it can.
Speaker 2: All come out. I hope it all comes out.
Speaker 1: Of It's crazy because now actually come to think about it, there was the uproar with with Sexy Red having the whole the.
Speaker 5: Whole tour was based on mega esthetics.
Speaker 2: Well, and so is n be a young boy? Yeah yeah, make America slim.
Speaker 5: Again, Yeah, all of that, all of that dumb shit. So it's like, I hope that I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be up in with my little green bed will. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Two things can be true, guys, But I can also.
Speaker 2: Making america'slive again.
Speaker 5: Well to the point of Nikki though, like, yeah, her career is tarnished, her legacy is tarnished, but like, she just came off a big ass tour and she said a lot of foulship before we got to this mega part of her career with her public profile. So I'm sure if a lot of people who love Nicki Minaj will stick it right around with it. All these people want the art. They don't even care.
Speaker 1: I know you kind of wanted to talk about it, but I'm curious your thoughts on Candace Owens leaking Oh the voice not er voicemail.
Speaker 4: That shit was creepy. I'm not gonna hold you.
Speaker 2: Celebrating for those of you who don't know, uh there.
Speaker 1: Candace Owens went on her podcast and leaked audio of Charlie Kirk's wife kind of being elated at the merch sales, yeah, following her husband's death.
Speaker 5: So they had the big memorial to Charlie Kirk, which came out with the fireworks like a WWE event. It was a weird way to quote unquote memorialize someone who just your husband, your husband just got shot in the neck in front of the whole world.
Speaker 4: But whatever.
Speaker 5: So Erica Kirk, this is like the day after the event, a couple of days after that big memorial event, and she's on a zoom call with the staff a turning point in USA, and she is just spouting off these stats and these numbers and how excited this tendency sounded a lot like Trump actually, like how many people it's and what the metrics were on social and the merch sales were huge, and how many people came to register to vote and all of this stuff. And she was just talking about how excited she was, and then at some point in the conversation she was just like, you know, death happens. My husband's dead. It just is what it is, and you know, we all have to kind of move on. And I was looking I was listening to this shit like this is a week or nine ten days as.
Speaker 2: It was assassinated, murdered in front. She was just it couldn't be more happy.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, this is weirdest.
Speaker 1: You know what's weirdest? Fuck America? Like being able to see these people. It's why like, and I say it all the time, world peace, where do you see human beings? Have you met a human? Have you met a human?
Speaker 5: I try to tell people this shit all the time.
Speaker 2: It is it is.
Speaker 1: It's scary that these are our leaders, that these are the people that other people look up to. And every time I see someone defend them, I say.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is how cults are.
Speaker 1: This is why people are just they just align with whatever whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't want people to.
Speaker 5: I don't want people to lose hope, but I do want people to take off like the rose tended lenses of like, oh, you know, if this is a civilized nation and we just shouldn't be like this. And I can't believe America is like this. This is the America that I know. This is America that's always existed because this is people.
Speaker 4: This is a human beings.
Speaker 5: Niggas have been killing each other since the day there was niggas. And when I say niggas, that is non denominational, non gender, non color oriented. Since niggas walk this earth, people have been killing each other with rocks and stones and stores and.
Speaker 3: Bomb My mom always says, a nigga is just somebody don't know how to act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, that's America.
Speaker 4: That's America.
Speaker 2: So don't they don't know how to act right now at all?
Speaker 4: It's crazy?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get into celebrities. He the darnest things, and this week, actually it's giving. This is not a sports podcast.
Speaker 4: This is not.
Speaker 2: However, however, we're about to talk about some sports ship.
Speaker 4: He is. This guy gets a recurrent.
Speaker 2: What this swib? No, no, no, we ain't gonna We'll leave him for the end.
Speaker 1: We got some actual sports news, Joe, where you want to start?
Speaker 5: Derek Rose, We got some funny. This is like hardy, this is nice. This doesn't have to be the sadness of.
Speaker 2: The By the way, I'm also really sad. I was supposed to go.
Speaker 1: To the Jersey Oh yeah, of Derek Rose.
Speaker 2: It was on the twenty fourth, I think. But the snowstorm, oh yeah, it was literally that weekend of Atlanta being hit with the snowstorm. But yeah, they they.
Speaker 5: Retired, They retired Dereck rose Jersey in Chicago shut out Dereck rose Man. He was like he was one of those NBA players that if you never saw Dereck rose play in prime Derek rod time before he got hurt, like that dude was something special and never won a championship with him, but like he's beloved in that city, he's from that city, and like he's really a hometown hero.
Speaker 2: So it was dope to see him get those kind of flowers. I like the no no pun on.
Speaker 1: Flowers considering you. It's really interesting he owns a flower shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Chicago, which I thought was really dope.
Speaker 4: That's a cool adventure.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to play this clip and I'm sorry I didn't send it to you. A king, but he recently went on a show because they were talking about whether or not he would want a statue of himself, and I kind of want to, uh hear y'all takes on this, but this is what he had to say.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the jersey of the book statues next right right right outside, right right right where Jordan's is.
Speaker 6: No Wade I saw that statue.
Speaker 2: Man, you need a statue. So they say we want you build your statue.
Speaker 4: Gonna say no, you.
Speaker 6: Could do the statue of a family crest statue on myself.
Speaker 2: That I feel like that's idol wise and in a way and otherwise.
Speaker 3: I respect that man, Listen, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna I know you're gonna do all that conscious ship.
Speaker 3: But see what happens.
Speaker 4: But pivoted. He didn't win any all right, that rose.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie. The statue of looks crazy. It looks nuts. No, it looks it needs to come. It don't look like wae.
Speaker 1: Know, it's like they didn't even try crazy.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that? The idea that he doesn't want to be I like idolized in that way.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, people in Chicago might feel differently. Other NBA fans might feel differently. I feel like, if unless, unless you want a championship with the team, I don't really see a need to have a statue of it now. I know that there are statues of other players and other cities and things like that that maybe they're just beloved figures whatever. But to me, it's like if you adn't win a ring there, then like a jersey retirement is like the top of the mountain, Like that's saying we respect you. No one will ever wear this number again. You are one of our legends and that should be good enough.
Speaker 3: Now as far as the idology actually agree with, Yeah, it's a hitting criteria.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, him not winning in that city, like clearly Jordan, you know what I mean, that gets you a statue, but but not winning, You're.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, being a legend, it's like, great, that's why we retire your jersey, but like a statue for what what?
Speaker 4: What would that statue represent?
Speaker 1: And and it was interesting because during his time as well, he was injured a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like a big part of his big.
Speaker 2: Part yeah, of his career. So okay matter, but it's.
Speaker 4: Dope that they did that for him.
Speaker 3: And you know, shout out to the bulls, shout out to Derrick Rose, Like I like to see that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to them. Next week we actually have our Black History Month episode. So I did want to know y'all's super Bowl predictions.
Speaker 2: Mine is Bone is gonna win. Okay, I don't you know what's crazy? I don't. I don't care. You got a hot.
Speaker 4: Shocking he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't care who win the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: This month is gonna be spicy. Oh wait why Black History Month? Yes, it's also the super Bowl. We have bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And also the new authorities, the new fans have openly stated.
Speaker 2: That they will have a presence and be outside of.
Speaker 5: It's going to be very performative this month because of all of these. But I still do wonder how that's gonna play out because the NFL owners, Let's be very clear about who we talk about here, Like they put a lot of money in Trump campaign pockets, all thirty two of them. There's these are not like liberal people who own NFL teams. These billionaires are for Mecca. So my question is, like, I'm sure they've pressed Roger Goodell if they haven't made calls themselves to talk to Trump, like hey, bro, like.
Speaker 2: Back up, don't suck up this breakney.
Speaker 5: If there's videos of people getting ran down and shot and kidnapped outside of the super Bowl, like that's not all the video is gonna have this NFL insignia in the background and some reporters standing there. Yes, I'm going to see in Santa Clara and five people have been shot by Look.
Speaker 1: Have we forgot what's taking place this summer? The fucking World Cup? Yeah, Like, who's gonna want to come and attend anything in the US if this is what? If Ice has whatever presence outside of the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know I am going to be watching how touching a lot of pockets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 3: Look, Kendrick last year, we didn't know what his performance gonna be, just we just knew he's gonna perform, and then he had He did a state that was a statement, right right. That's another thing too with Joe that I do get why he said that, but I don't think we had another moment.
Speaker 5: From a rapper since since that point, we don't know what Bad Bunny's gonna do.
Speaker 2: He talked that ship, he'd be talking, but I know.
Speaker 4: He's gonna come with the theatrics. I know he's gonna joins him.
Speaker 2: Yo, after she just sat in that lives, she might as well just stay home, bro. No, no, no, no, no, she.
Speaker 1: Has a tour I know, but that needs to be sold Dominican and well they have a song together.
Speaker 2: They have like two songs together. I think I don't trust the new fans man. But to your point about.
Speaker 1: Kendrick, like they're not coming after Beccles, Yeah, they're they're not coming off to Beccles.
Speaker 5: Kendrick made his statement, and you know, some people felt different ways about it. Maybe some people felt that it was it wasn't overt enough. Some people felt it was maybe too like you gotta.
Speaker 4: Know the no type of deal.
Speaker 5: But he's gonna I don't think there's gonna be any I don't think it's gonna be any subtlety to his performance. I think it's gonna be like, right, this is exactly what I'm saying to you right now. It's not going to be no guessing. Figure out and read between the lines. He's gonna talk that ship.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you ignorant.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll transcribe his words in like like can we get close captions? Would not be surprised. I would not be surprised if they do that. How And I want to know he talking?
Speaker 4: Do you know? Do you know what do you speak? Do you understand a little bit of it?
Speaker 2: I could order my food and penga.
Speaker 1: You know what I means A lot?
Speaker 4: I talk a lot of ship.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy in Orlando in the RONX.
Speaker 5: You should have had you yeah, yeah, you should have had something.
Speaker 3: The first time I met her and Wheezy, I thought they she said.
Speaker 4: Theron oh Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, Wheezy, she might be both Dominican and you can say these niggas.
Speaker 4: I was learned.
Speaker 2: You was learned that.
Speaker 3: But to your point about the subtitles, I think he would be against that. M hmm because money would be Yeah, because I think that he does his music in Spanish, like.
Speaker 2: I think it's specifically to do it that way.
Speaker 1: No, I get that, but as someone who is in support and wants to hear him talk me at the I want to understand, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's ignorant in.
Speaker 2: Itself speaking English like m damn.
Speaker 3: On Fox Fox Fox Sports. I want to say, Lord Ingraham, I know he.
Speaker 4: And all of these. Here, here's the here's the check understanding.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna connect it with you know the air pods now that translate Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah that maybe maybe that's your best bet.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that's cut it out to understand the twelve minutes.
Speaker 5: Because also some ship won't translate in a way that sounds fly in English as you're reading it as he's saying, so it's like, yeah, you'll understand the words.
Speaker 2: Like all I want to I just want to understand the me. That's it. Can we put me out there in the title.
Speaker 5: I was gonna I was literally getting ready to say, we're gonna have to call this episode.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have to put the asterisks in that, right, it's not.
Speaker 4: Really straight up? How does that work?
Speaker 2: Non English?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm gonna say, Like if you curse in other langue, do they like does the f c C pick up on it?
Speaker 4: Like is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Because if you don't be sc eight clock, you know what you mean?
Speaker 4: Super b Yeah he can out there?
Speaker 2: Look at you, Look at you?
Speaker 3: I mean dirty You called Orange man of Dirty Bitch on TV and then known nobody.
Speaker 2: Know like no, no, we all know. Put like he could get get away with that kind of ship you just said Orange, Look.
Speaker 5: You can get away with that kind of ship on TV? Like please run it up, like.
Speaker 4: We need.
Speaker 3: What are they going to do? The alternate show the Administration have.
Speaker 4: Anything crickets for that ship.
Speaker 5: I have not heard anything about the line Nikki nicki, NICKI, what's what's the what's the country nigga name? Uh?
Speaker 2: Not Jordan's uh the countryman?
Speaker 3: I know what what's the white country man?
Speaker 4: They say he's always seen some.
Speaker 2: Racist all of them. Yeah, I guess all of them. Records, records, little board records. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, look see I love that we lightened up this episode somehow.
Speaker 3: Because but but we're but we are hurting still, right, yeah, yeah, hurt for the kids too, man, because it was cool to see we learned about what happened in the civil rights movie. We learned, and we see the energy. I don't see that type of bridge in this current.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: I just saw TikTok where a high school teacher was talking about things that we would be surprised.
Speaker 2: In high schools anymore. And I don't have children, so, bitch, I don't remember last time. I hate I hate them kids, you know what I mean? And she was like, there's no lockers anymore.
Speaker 1: Lockers, there's no lockers, you know why, because there's no textbooks. And so I found it interesting that technically too, you're not my point. So there were there were people talking about like how sometimes you don't bring a coat and so kids be cold because they're just carrying around what they can because there's no lockers. But it was interesting the connection between textbooks all now being electronic because the way that our administration is now again in Florida, you've already had the removal of critical race theory, but now imagine they could just go in and erase chapters, erase sentences, erase.
Speaker 2: Literally things can change right now. Literally can go in change it and you wouldn't know a thing harder to do.
Speaker 1: When it's written physical, when it's written in physical books. And we did we talk about Yeah, we talked about it maybe nextic or did we talk about it last week than banning the books in Arkansas jails? Like it's just really interesting, I don't know, like life just you see, like I'm embarrassed to live here now, like this country for what we were raised to believe that this country stood for that it was how amazing it was.
Speaker 2: Its fucking embarrassed, Like are you not embarrassed? America? Are you not embarrassed?
Speaker 3: We just got comfortable too, because there was moments in time we're in comparison to today where we could consider it, Yo, I want to go back to that. When we go back to that, we could point out several instances of things that we had to deal with as a community.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I'm realizing today is like when we think of going back to a time early two thousands, you got the recession, you got, the.
Speaker 4: Stocks always you got.
Speaker 1: Then the nineties, the crack epademic and HIV and AIDS, eighties two. Then like then in the seventies, women didn't even have rights until like, we couldn't even have a bank account until the mid seventies.
Speaker 5: By the time, I mean the seventies, niggas just got like became citizens. Like we niggas couldn't vote until the sixties.
Speaker 1: So it's just when we think of going back even into a time, oh damn.
Speaker 5: It's always been like this. Other other people are just now realizing that it could be then. Yeah, and they're finding out one body at a time.
Speaker 2: One body at a time.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm trying to think, do we want to do one more topic? We would have fun. Let's talk about this niggas.
Speaker 1: Since this is not a sports podcast, Well, you don't play sports anymore either.
Speaker 2: But I'm curious because y'all are my friends of course. And Kim Newton sat with Dimitri Wiley on his Funky Friday podcast camera and can you can you play this clip?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that about choice? The question? I'm not about to be around.
Speaker 6: No woman platonically.
Speaker 2: Can Why?
Speaker 6: Because I'm not about to play them type of games?
Speaker 2: It is it self control?
Speaker 6: Call it what you want to ask you call it? It may be self control. If she fine, I'm not about to have her around playing like I don't think that she's attractive, is it?
Speaker 11: But is it possible to think someone's attractive and still behave yourself?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you have control of them thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: But I'm not about to play them games? The game isn't the game was saying, Hey, we not about to be friends. I don't have good looking women as friends around me, so no, just all.
Speaker 2: The all the do you have any other ones?
Speaker 6: I gotta asked, I don't even have women friends, bro respectfully, Wow, And.
Speaker 11: I just understand you saying you're not gonna play this game?
Speaker 2: But can you a smart man?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna need you to go deeper than that.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a I know me, there's you know you?
Speaker 4: Okay, no me? And what that means.
Speaker 6: That means if I'm around a woman long enough, I'm going to find something good in.
Speaker 4: Her that attracts me. Okay.
Speaker 11: And when you're attractive, what didn't happen? When you're attracted? What didn't happen?
Speaker 2: Sex? Cam is a big issue that I thought.
Speaker 6: We had so understanding that that I know what's to come from a platonic situation. I don't even play.
Speaker 5: No, yeah like this talking about geology, seismology, you know?
Speaker 11: So okay, okay, if I take the word friendship off of the table, do you have platonic relationships in your life that involve women?
Speaker 6: I just told you I don't have no attractive woman that I'm cool with that. I do not have plans on stabbing stabbing it's my camera.
Speaker 11: Listen, listen, my fellow listeners.
Speaker 6: Self control is very important. Oh no, no, no, we're not gonna do that. What self controllers? I didn't fine, I know me. Now, it's very healthy for you to be saying this. I'm not saying it's not healthy. But there's so far newer to this conversation. Cam listen, so why is missus this this, this is my camera. It's simple, baby. I'm not your friend. Baby, I'm not your buddy baby. I'm not the friend zone. I'm the guy that's trying to score and go for two up in the end zone.
Speaker 11: You so used to touchdowns, Cam, Now you can't.
Speaker 3: I'm trying.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna used to toush me.
Speaker 2: Now you can't kick no field goals. God, we don't kick field goals. We go for it. If you're gonna sit up there and tell me, hey.
Speaker 6: Hey friend, no friend, even my girl friend know that I don't have no girl friends.
Speaker 2: You know, both of.
Speaker 1: Y'all faces, mind you this was I did you know my best friend? She agreed with this.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 2: You agree with this too?
Speaker 4: But no, no, I wrote some ship. I tell you why.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm curious to know like they're they're So there's part of this where it's like, and I'm glad this to meet you, Wiley, shout out Dmitri wildly, because like he was really getting he was really trying to get to like the thing, and he was almost there. Camp is just too ignorant to like to let it go.
Speaker 2: It leans into it, he leads.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll start here.
Speaker 5: Hey, I think it's just like, uh, he sounds like a loser.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: To me, that just sounds like some loser ship, Like you don't have no women that are friends, then you don't. Then you don't have no women that are attracted that a friends. So to his point, which I'm glad he said, what Dmitri Whiley said like, so you're saying all the women that you know are either fine and you want to fuck him or they ugly. That's a crazy thing. But okay, fine, I'm sure there's women in his life listening to that trying to figure like, wait, I'm.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure out, like what did you even?
Speaker 2: Did you just take your head?
Speaker 5: I didn't as a part of it, where like he was walking up like Kim was walking up to sounding like a rapist.
Speaker 2: No, like said like like.
Speaker 5: You can't be around me and I don't and that's bro Like, listen, I get it, Like we're all human beings. Niggas get horned, niggas want to fuck. I understand it, I get it.
Speaker 3: But like you're that horny, you had no control over your lust at all in any way, shape or form, even if the woman is attractive, so so god so what okay?
Speaker 5: So is an attractive woman? That's all you got, Like, that's all you can take from a woman is just how she looked.
Speaker 4: That's all you got.
Speaker 2: Let me think reverse, Could I be friends with?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: After after men talk long enough, they don't look as fine.
Speaker 4: A nigga says something dumby.
Speaker 2: What's the word when you like how people talk? I'm a safe feel sexual. I like to you to have a conversation with them unless you're in And.
Speaker 1: Oh, we do talk about stuff. We talk about business, travels, travels a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you shout out to the tex suits.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, go ahead, I think he was he's being honest.
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree with he's very being honest. So we have a higher and lower selves, right, we know our weaknesses and our strengths. He knows that good looking women are his weaknesses. That's why he chooses to say I can't. I don't have no fucking so I just stay away from it. And he's also what I thought was cool. He identified say, hey, my girlfriend knows why I don't have girlfriends because like you ain't got no.
Speaker 2: I don't have no right. And that's just the reality.
Speaker 4: Of it.
Speaker 3: And and that's why I said, I appreciate him. I appreciate him being honest about it, right, because sounds very self aware.
Speaker 4: He's very self aware.
Speaker 3: Now he's why that is trying to get him the why, Nigga, you you ain't got some control?
Speaker 4: The why is xed out because he just don't have it.
Speaker 5: But here's the but the flaw is he's talking as if it's his choice.
Speaker 2: That's where it sounds a little.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 5: That's when you start sounding like a rapist, because nigga is you can be a checkist to the woman all you want me. That don't mean nothing because unless you.
Speaker 3: In our ecosystem of women friends, I'm the ugly you have damn fine at but nothing, it's not yeah, I'm gonna lose my cool now jump no, no, like he wasn't raised that. There's two parts like every attractive I'm not attracted to every attractive woman, Like there's like.
Speaker 1: That there because I'm attractive.
Speaker 2: You're just ant got to nobody.
Speaker 4: I'm you got the gas. He's fine. I can't say that now. I would have said that, but now.
Speaker 2: We've we've you ain't saying what I was. We was big.
Speaker 3: We No, that's that's continue goo ahead.
Speaker 5: Joe, that that it's not his call.
Speaker 3: Maybe find out we got to get your mic you Yeah, no, no, no, I think that's my thing. Like maybe that's his mentality. He thinks that he's the one.
Speaker 2: No, but no, let's be very clear.
Speaker 1: He is a high value man who probably has not been rejected many times.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he hasn't.
Speaker 2: So that's also where that one sets is coming.
Speaker 4: But it's like, damn, bro, like.
Speaker 2: I love the isn't he Well, I'm even.
Speaker 5: Gonna bring that into it because that's not that's not that's not that's not fair.
Speaker 4: That's not fair. I'm gon leave that part along.
Speaker 2: It's fine, Like never mind coming right there, right there, Well this was fun.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I thought I was gonna cry. I love how we light lighthearted topics out I like it.
Speaker 4: I know it's I know it's tough out here, but like him, it really is all my life.
Speaker 2: I have to fight little listen. Anyways, I'm excited to for the bonus.
Speaker 4: Uh good time, that would be lighthearted your list? You better?
Speaker 1: Okay, So y'all like the next two weeks we're giving y'all some music episodes for our Friday episodes. So this week, of course it's celebration of the fall off. We are gonna have some conversations about the birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I are you gonna make snacks so you're gonna have like you have? Like, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: This is my super Bowl, you know what my super Bowl? Okay, Like I'm so excited double disc Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Like I by actually gonna hold you.
Speaker 4: Listen, going on biracial beef.
Speaker 1: There's no biracial beef, and I love this is gonna be a win for biracials.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm so excited I might funk to the album. Like I'm literally doing everything.
Speaker 5: To this J Cole diabolical, but I want to see absolutely.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna Jake Cole f the J Cole album. Vice, Like, what kind of drinking you drink?
Speaker 4: She probably she's probably fucking to G O.
Speaker 7: M D.
Speaker 2: G O and B is crazy.
Speaker 1: Get on my baby, no, because I'm trying to get on it. I'm trying to say on it actually, but yeah, we're talking about that and then next week, you guys can hear me and John and a King might have his little takes on our list. We both decided to create our list of top ten no skip albums. I think I got a good list too, so if you are, if you are a fan of See the thing is, I'm excited to get back to talking music or just rap genre.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: I don't think I got a white on my list. I stayed away from that and Spice World. I wasn't gonna get that, just like okay, I'm all right. Well, guys, thank y'all so very much.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: If you want to watch and listen to this show ad free, and you want to support the.
Speaker 2: Movement over here, please make sure you go.
Speaker 1: To patreon dot com backslash with me and DyB. You can also watch the full episode over on YouTube that's the with Mandy B channel.
Speaker 2: And this was great. I'm not gonna lie. I thought I was gonna come in here and cry because it's been a lot listening to everything, okay, but nonetheless, this has been another episode of selective ignorance, where curiosity lives, controversy thrives, and conversations matter Until next week, guys, Bane.
Speaker 1: Selective Ignorance, a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 10: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy B. Selective Ignorance. It's executive produced to buy Mandy B. And it's a Full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Rondriguez. That's me and Aaron A.
Speaker 3: King Howard.
Speaker 10: Now do us a favor and rate, subscribe, comment, and shit wherever you get your favorite podcasts, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at Selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our hosts Mandy B, make sure you're following her at Full Court Pumps.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: If you want the full video experience of Selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash Selective Ignorance.
Speaker 2: It's se girl, Mady B.
Speaker 1: And you just checked out my new podcast, Selective Ignorance. If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you head on over and hit that subscribe button and check out Selective Ignorance every Tuesday, and every Friday, wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.