Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises, SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies.
Speaker 3: These episodes are based on. These are our stories.
Speaker 4: Done done.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's messed up? An SVU podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Lisa and I'm Kara, And every week on this podcast, we recap a episode of Law and Order SVU. We an episode of Lord Order sv You excuse me, and we do when something starts with a with a value, but they are episode two. Listen to listen. Somebody could be starting today and I don't want them to think I have bad grammar. But we recap an episode. We talk about the crying, We interview guests. It's fun, and we chat about nonsense up top and we're gonna keep doing it no matter what anybody says.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they like it. Most people like it. We can't focus on the ones that ate it. Yeah, listen, did I puke this morning?
Speaker 4: Yet?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what happened? I party too hard? I party too hard. I'm an old old man and I forgot.
Speaker 2: My friend Marie had a birthday party and it was music video themed.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So it was dressed like a music video, what you would wear for your music video or like turn out basically, and then the DJ played all the songs of like what we all dressed up as, so everyone got to go in the middle.
Speaker 3: And like have a moment. What did you do?
Speaker 2: I did baby one more time, Brittany, and there was another person, so I was like annoyed, but then we had fun with each other. And then there was another Brittany. Matteo was upstated it again, Brittany the best I would say, did he wear like a red yat suit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What else? God?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess there is also the white outfit, but yeah, definitely, yeah, the red. There was a j Lo, there was a Nelly, There was Mulan Rouge, and there was an Andre three thousand. Oh wow, I would say those are the people that turned up and turned Nelly was there lol.
Speaker 3: But yeah it was fun.
Speaker 2: But I had Oh it was an open bar and I had Vaka soda after a vodka soda after a vodka soda.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Those open bars will get you. Those open bars will do really well. It was dance floor. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had a great time dancing. The photos are good. You'll see some, but I definitely had about like a two hour rough window. Oh, a two hour roughs and then to make up and have to do rape research.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a nightmare. You know, it's tough.
Speaker 2: I'm like huking and looking up the sentence of a rapist like it's wild morning. But I'm here, I'm here, I'm a professional. Thank god, this isn't a video. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: How was your birthday? Happy birthday? Thank you so much. It was great. I actually had a great day. It was really nice. Like I took Oscar to ballet. He did the class this time, Happy birthday to me.
Speaker 3: It was so cute. He like actually did the lesson.
Speaker 1: Then I took my kids out to lunch with my husband, which was a nightmare and I shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 3: You'll go, and why was it a nightmare?
Speaker 1: We just went to Jane like, you know, like a cute little place up the street from me, and they just you can't pay attention to one without the other one doing something to totally. Like You'll just be like, hey, Oscar, can I cut this for you? And then you look over and Rosie's like I'm gonna drink this chilula, Like they're just doing stuff to get attention constantly, and they were just driving me crazy at lunch.
Speaker 3: But then I went to a pool with.
Speaker 1: My friend and had a nice little day at a pool downtown and that was fun. And then I had a little birthday party at a bar on near me and Jared got these delicious little bunt cape cupcakes from someplace called like simply Bunt or something like that, and they were delicious, and.
Speaker 3: I wonder who gave him the bunt clue.
Speaker 1: I asked him and he said he like googled around and he liked it that they had seasonal flavors.
Speaker 3: I was like, this feels like you got it from one of my friends. But whatever, But it was.
Speaker 1: Really fun and like a bunch of people came out, and uh, it was just like a nice, a nice day. I had like just enough time with my family and not with my family, but I got a lot of nice messages from people, and including one from your best friend, which is my favorite birthday message that I got the entire day. Okay, so a few years ago, you guys gave me this like tabletop s'mores oven essentially not like oven it's like a little pit. It's like a mini barbecue pit that is like the like I would say, a foot line or maybe fourteen inches long and three inches wide, and it's just like very heavy stone and you can like kind of put it anywhere, and then you put this like cotton thing inside of it that you soak in like a special lighter fluid that comes with the gift. And then it came with these little tongs and you can like make a not tongs skewers, and you can make s'mores and stuff. I've done it with my kids a bunch of times. We love it. Everybody knows I love smores. It was a great gift. So she sends me Happy Birthday with a RuPaul gift, and then underneath it goes also the fire pit we sent you was recalled, so stop using it if you are, and then sends me a screenshot of the email and it says, I don't.
Speaker 3: Care about the refund, just sharing the warning this. I was like, Julia, this is the best. This is the best text message I got all day. My god.
Speaker 1: Not a reco not a recall, not a not a It's like, first of all, if you bought a tabletop barbecue pit, thinking this is gonna be safe for anyone.
Speaker 3: You're the idiot, like like it should have come originally with a recall, do you know what I mean? Like it's a dangerous item.
Speaker 1: Every time I use it, Jared's always like, these kids are gonna fucking catch on fire because it's just little and we're like on the front porch doing marshmallows. Also you're kind of like, is this real fire or is this just like some kind of chemical burning off.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I will continue to use it despite the recall. Mark my words.
Speaker 3: These might be my this might be my last podcast. But it was really funny.
Speaker 1: But I got a lot of funny voice notes and messages and I had a nice day. And another day another year, you know, another birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was at high Planes and Denver on the weekend of your birth and it was pretty fun.
Speaker 3: I did. This is a little bit of a brag, I guess.
Speaker 2: But I'm like walking down the street and this like super gothic emo girl kind of steps in front of me, and like Jared's next to me, gold Stead, But this girl just like puts her hands together and bows, so she like puts her hands like this and bows at me and Jared goes did that girl just bow at you? I think she did. And it's like to impress the goth, you know, it takes a lot. It takes a lot to have a goth bow down out of the blue.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't believe it. Oh my god, that's really funny. Oh my gosh. Oh.
Speaker 1: And then Sunday after my birthday, I got to wake up early and take Oscar to a special screening of The Gabby's Dollhouse.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got to actually saw the trailer. I can't believe it didn't bring up to you sooner. Obviously, I thought of you guys, how did he feel?
Speaker 1: I mean, Oscar's been to many many movies with me before, and he sits through a lot of a movie for how young he is. But like he did not get up once. He was so wrapped. He was literally staring the whole time. I like, it's his favorite show. And it's funny because like the week before he's like, I don't want to go I don't want to go to the Gabby. I was like, why, it's like your favorite fucking show. You're so weird. But I think he just does things to be contrarian like his dad. But he was upset, Like you got there because it was a screening, they gave out like little Gabby ears. He got like Gabby swag after it was like free popcorn. Like he was like so like literally entranced by the movie the entire time, which is funny because the show is like basically, if you've never seen it, which I don't know why you would have seen, it, is like three minutes of live action at the beginning, and then the girl shrinks down and goes into her dollhouse, and the rest of the time it's it's it's a cartoon. But in the movie there's a whole much more live action. Gloria Stefan plays her grandma. She's going to visit her grandma and Kat Francisco, and then Kristin Wig is this villain who like steals her dollhouse, and there's like most of the movie takes place either in animated world or in Kristin Wiggs like art deco mansion that she lives in.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I was watching the trailer Someone's laptop at the cellar one night.
Speaker 3: We were like, I don't know, this sounds kind of sad.
Speaker 2: We were just last and we were both just watching tailors for like a half hour, and that one came on and he's like, why would you become a cartoon to solve Chris He's like, why is she shrinking? Like she's a giant woman like a person. And then she's like, let's get tiny and fake to help the cry or like.
Speaker 3: There's no crime. I mean, like there is in the movie. Yeah, in the movie there is.
Speaker 1: But in the show, she just gets tiny so she can play with her gabby cats, and then when it disappears, she has to get tiny so she can find them, like she has to like get tiny, and like, okay, there's a bunch of really.
Speaker 3: Cute, catchy music in it.
Speaker 1: They also like licensed songs like Appeta, you know, like they got good. They got good kid friendly music and stuff. And and honestly, there were a bunch of pars where I laughed, where obviously Oscar wasn't laughing because they put in some jokes for the adults and Christian Wiggs really funny. I mean it's like, you know, if you like Kristin Wig, it's not going to be a painful movie to take your kids.
Speaker 3: She's really funny.
Speaker 1: I will say she is channeling Moira Rose from Shit's Creek a lot in this, Like she very much is giving me Moira Rose like the entire time. But she's so funny and it's like a cute. I like her as a villain because I liked her in Barbin Star. Also, yeah, I like her as the villa. Well, I just like her overall. But I was looking for something. So I found like, you know, a color, not a collash, a carousel on my Instagram and it was really good advice and I was like reading it, being like this is good, helpful, and then I realized it was a parenting thing and how to talk to your children. Listen, I think all like ninety nine percent of the world's problems are about communication, and I think, how to talk to your kids, how to talk to other people, that's everything.
Speaker 2: But it was like it was for your kid. But it was like, even if you don't want to wake up in the morning, you can still open the shades. And I went, that's a good one. But I guess that's what to tell like a child that's pissed.
Speaker 1: Oh, Like I just learned this like little parenting tip that's like when your kid is whining being like I want water you instead of going okay, let me get you what you go and like like you just respond with and and then the kid has to think like, okay, what is the solution? And so it's like I'm listening to you, but I'm not just like immediately getting you your water model or like the thing that you're whining about. So it's sort of like I feel like what I I sometimes do that with adults where they'll be like and I'll be like okay, and like what's the what?
Speaker 3: What do what do we think?
Speaker 2: Like I kind of snapped at someone on a six thirty AM flight because she I always sit in the aisle, but I forgot that I was in windows. So I was sitting in the aisle and she pointed at me, and I go, oh, my bad. So I go uh to the window. But I put my backpack on the middle seat and then she's just looking at me and I'm looking back at her and she's smiling at me, and I go what and she goes and she pointed. She's like I'm in the middle, and it's like okay, like use your words, use your words. I kind of rolled my end and she's like, oh, you could take your time. I'm like, just shut up, it's fucking early. But then I knew she's a sick bitch because TV screen off, no earbuds in, face forward, like she raw dog to the flight.
Speaker 1: Awake, sitting forward, yeah, eyes open. Yeah what are you doing being a sick bitch?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah? Well well what well what?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I started watching Dexter and yeah, it's bringing me back. I'm loving I mean the beginning with like he's in the coma or whatever and he's like meeting all the old characters. I was like, this is so funny because it's like, well, we couldn't get Deb, but uh, you know these like the Trinity Killer.
Speaker 3: Was available, you know, like let got was available and don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say I think Deb was the ghost for New Blood and I think people didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Oh wait was the actress back that played Deb. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Deb was a ghost and she was like mean to Decks the whole time. She was like you, but he's you know, he's the reason she's dead. I don't know, Like I don't know, Deb is an annoying character. Like when I watched Dexter, I thought Deb was very annoying. I did to the first time of the seconds. I love Deb. I really loved Deb, and she did get the short end of the stick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, my sister and I would always just be like, what the fuck decks, like we were just like her.
Speaker 3: Her whole like vibe was just like so aggressive.
Speaker 2: I do want to know the inspo for her, Like, who is this foul mouthed woman that they like inspired this character?
Speaker 3: I'm curious about that interesting.
Speaker 2: We have to because when he says that Rita is pregnant, she goes, Oh my god, a real roly poly, chubby cheeked shit machine, Like that's the line. And to me, I'm like, but who is this?
Speaker 1: She talks like a way that I don't think people talk, but but I believe her.
Speaker 2: I believe I believe this is Deb. I want to know, like how they came up with this maniac. Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you see the news that there's going to be a Gladys prequel.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was confirmed, but thrilled to hear it.
Speaker 1: I don't know confirmed confirmed, but I saw an article that said that he's in talks with the with like Warner brothers or whoever. So so we're gonna find out where that crazy witch came from. I'm excited. Good for her, good for her. Love people working, love people working.
Speaker 2: I did rewatch Sinners on the plane, and I might like Sinners more than Weapons. I'm not sure I have to watch weapons again. I've really liked Sinners.
Speaker 3: Sinners. Yeah, I didn't get it. I didn't. I didn't watch that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's less sinister than weapons. You can definitely watch Sinners. It's less gross. Oh okay, it's just a little neck biting. Hmm okay. I like I'm a little sensitive about vampire neck biting stuff. I've always had sensitivity about my neck. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like my dad used to always come behind me and like grab my neck around the back and I'd be like, get off me, Like I hate I hate that. But you know, Oh, speaking of my parents, I was able to have a conversation with my mom about how RFK is a fucking quack psycho, and she agreed with me. So we're not completely lost. We're not completely lost to the Fox newspin cycle. She was like, I can't believe what Florida's doing about the vaccines, like she can't you know. I'm I'm also gonna be the this is coming out? When is this coming out? This is coming out?
Speaker 3: I have a big night tonight.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm going to a friend's house and we're playing Sex in the City trivia and I can't fucking wait.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just going to say, this comes out the thirtieth and this will be old news. But I'd like to be the first person to tell people that you did not cause your child's autism by taking tail and all if anyone's I know a lot of parents listen to this podcast and uh, you know that didn't happen. So I fucking we were in hell. But Kimmel's back on right, Yeah, I haven't talked to him. I'm Chris. Freedom of speech was silenced and then reopened in the course of five days.
Speaker 2: Well do you think Colbert is like, oh, why don't people care enough about me? Everyone called Disney, They're like, we will not work if Kimmel doesn't have a job. Well, and if Colbert, well, I think the situations are like a little bit different because he didn't like necessarily say something like they but they're not really because both of them were getting taken off.
Speaker 1: The air, not for what we thought they were getting taken off the air for. They're getting taken off the air because of like massive multi billion dollar deals that are happening so behind the scenes that the general public is not going to really get or hear about. So like if the chip was you got to take off Colbert and his ratings aren't like killing it, which, let's be honest, No, late night ratings are killing it.
Speaker 3: Like I did watch.
Speaker 2: Get Drunk with Stage here drinking with Seth Myers, Bowen and Matt are the guests, and I was blacked out last night eating taco bell while watching it, And I don't remember a thing I saw, but I remember liking it.
Speaker 3: You don't remember any details, but Vie was positive.
Speaker 5: I remember some of the details, just a few.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, should we get started with today's episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We should.
Speaker 2: I thought I had such an interesting week, and I'm like, I guess I just went to two restaurants.
Speaker 5: But in my head, I'm like, I was fucking crushing the week. Hey, that's great. Two new restaurants, that's fun. And you went to a comedy festival and I party, that's fun.
Speaker 1: Well, if you didn't get to see Lisa at high planes and you live in various other cities, go to go to thats messed Up live dot com and scroll down to Lisa's website and that will take you to all the links for the show she's doing.
Speaker 2: And I'm rehauling it. I'm about to have such a different Internet presence. You're all gonna be blown away. Really, I mean, I don't think anyone's gonna be blown away, but it's gonna be different and better.
Speaker 3: Watch this squarespace.
Speaker 1: Okay, but go to Yeah, That's messed up live dot com also has like our.
Speaker 2: I did announce, I'm gonna announce I'm playing Grammercy. So February twenty first. That's like a big deal. So ooh, excited, make your trips and come see me in New York. I need it to stay sold out in the front of the theater. Are gonna jump off the ledge. That's exciting. But I'm excited to do Grammarcy. That'll be That'll be cool, Yeah for sure. All right, let's get going.
Speaker 1: We've got another good one.
Speaker 3: Oh what do we have here? Another dumb title?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing Prima Nocta, Prima Nocta.
Speaker 3: And we'll get into it.
Speaker 2: You know, Rollin's a professor now, so she's gonna school us and let us know what everything is. Like all of a sudden, she went from being a dumb bitch to knowing everything, Like when did that switch happen?
Speaker 3: She kind of came to New York and she.
Speaker 2: Goes, I don't know, some women ask for it and they should leave. And she's like, oh, I'm gonna get inside these killers' minds.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, well, then they experimented with making her the tech guru, Like she's like, I'm trying to get past the encryption and You're like what and now? And then they gave her Now they made her fucking mind hunter. So I don't really know what's going on. They're making her a jack of many trees.
Speaker 2: She truly was like, I don't know, shouldn't athletes be able to rape?
Speaker 3: And who cares?
Speaker 2: That gamble like it really was And now she's, you know, explaining what prema is.
Speaker 3: No one's above the log except for my sister.
Speaker 2: Kim, Like yeah yeah, And it was like I know every show, I know every MMA guy, but now she knows, she knows their stat No Her whole thing is flirting, and she knew how to like manipulate old cult men and like men and killers. But I do, yeah that you know, I'm being rough on Rollins. But she's in home mode right now. She's making pancakes. She puts one in the leather suitcase. She's so funny, but she says, uh, don't not a word to daddy. I don't get what the joke is, Like, there's a pancake in your bag, Like I would be pissed.
Speaker 1: That's how you're making five year old's laugh. I guess, yeah, just put it in a paper towel.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't get it. Whatever.
Speaker 2: The girl's baby care season a vest. It's a cute morning. Everyone's kissing the baby. One of the girls does betray her mother and says, hey, I creasy, there's a pancake in your bag, and so everyone's laughing memories. He takes out the pancake and bites it. He bites it. He bites it and he likes it. That's why I got confused. He bites it and he likes it. He picks up the baby. The baby's cute, ding dong, it's magda it's a sitter. They're trying. They're talking about her, like we know her. I'm like, there's only one Magda and she's in sex in the city and she's yeah, so I don't know why the fuck you're doing this.
Speaker 3: But she also owns a meatball factory. Oh yeah, my god.
Speaker 2: Wow, I really fucked up. I hate when I slipped from my professionalism. So now Christie and Rollins are alone. Magda takes the kids and you know, I fine, Like they're still not really kissing, and I'm like, I just want them to make out. Like I don't understand why they're not making out. They're talking about her career because this is her first day of unemployment. So this is a Monday she got she retired from being a professor on Friday, and she doesn't know what what.
Speaker 3: Is she gonna do? She'll be bored all day.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'll be fine, I'll be fine, and he goes, well, worst comes to worst, I'll hire you as an investigator at the DA's office. And she's like, you're obsessed with me. I can't really do this all day, all night. It's too much. They finally kiss, so he leaves. He thanks her for the pancakes, which is so nice an acknowledgment of like a fun, nice thing that you got.
Speaker 3: I love them together. I do love them together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're discussed, so I like them together.
Speaker 3: That was a four second pause, Kara.
Speaker 1: I do not feel attracted to him, but I do like them together as a couple.
Speaker 3: I think they're sweet. I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's literally only been with ultra losers before, so well, I don't know if not declan, but that seems like it was more of a fling. Yeah, that doctor decclin is crazy. The guy from AA sucked. I mean they're all you know. Yeah when she fucked that like bartender at the motel and just like l had like hot coffees waiting. Yeah, poor guy's getting projected in West Virginia.
Speaker 2: That was terrible. You got her, you got her. So Rollins is alone. She put her she puts her hands in her pockets, and she walks around her little apartment. It's really cute. The apartment's really sweet. She sighs. She sits down, and now we cut to a wedding. It is a Monday, so let's talk about that. So it's a Monday wedding at a Stain's glass, so.
Speaker 3: True, what's happening? It's a Monday wedding.
Speaker 2: They do acknowledge it later, thank god they do. Oh my god, there's a line. I clocked it, but it's I mean, it's a Monday, And I also understand if it's Monday at a courthouse sort of beat like something small and intimate.
Speaker 3: This is your biggest on a Monday.
Speaker 2: Full Flooral's full bridle party dressed in the same dress like stay glass.
Speaker 3: Hundreds of people wedding on a Monday.
Speaker 2: So they're doing vows and the girlies crying and I can't actually tell if the tears are good or bad. I can't tell he vows fidelity. It's like, that's like a funny word.
Speaker 3: So then because that's like that's not in the classic ones.
Speaker 1: Is it. I think fidelity is like a pledge to not check but not that word.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not in the class.
Speaker 2: But he's faithful, faithful the word God, I gotta gotta got it. Yeah, I had just never heard fidelity. But it also makes it seem like you clearly cheated on her. Then like what do I like, why are you? It's like, if you're here, that's I guess that's the promises you make. But she slips a ring on him, but then she looks out and she says, I'm sorry. She takes the ring off his finger. It falls to the ground and she runs down the aisle. She is sprinting in this dress, and it must have been so fun to film, thinking about like sprinting down an aisle in a wedding dress, like cool. Cuts back to Benson. Elevator doors open, and she's talking to Rollin's on the phone and she goes, hurd four itam's down at professor and Rollin's goes, are you calling to say I told you so? And she goes, nah, bitch, I'm like a chill, supportive woman. And she goes, I'm already tuning my guitar. And it's like, you really can't put on a show, Like I don't get her, Like you could also take a block, like a.
Speaker 3: Walk around your neighborhood. But I also don't get it.
Speaker 1: It's like we just talked about we just talked to her when she was still pregnant with the baby, and she was like, I don't know, it's really not me to be the last episode recovered, She's like, yeah, I guess I could work part time spend more time with my family, but it's not me. And so then she leaves her job and doesn't have anything lined up when she's already acknowledged that the stay at home life is not for her. It makes it doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. But I guess they're trying to build the tension of will she won't she go back to work?
Speaker 2: No, I get it, there's a show, there's when we need to get somewhere and we need to bring her back. But in my head, it's like you can't have one Monday alone like that. That's actually mental and you should look into that. Like I'm not saying don't get a job. I'm not saying get a job at the end of the week. I'm just like, you could do a week or two in between jobs too. I'm just saying, like the kids, just like in an hour, you were tuning a guitar that's fucked up.
Speaker 3: Read a book.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get your nails done, you don't want to read a project you've been meaning to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I I'm just opposite as well.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe you would be more kind to her, but you also don't get it.
Speaker 3: No, I also don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm also like, you have three kids, don't you have like laundry and like a million other fucking things to be doing, like buying them a uniform for whatever sport. I mean, there's like so much to fucking do when you have three kids to be like, uh, free day. I don't know what I would even do with that, Like that's wild to me. Yeah, agreed, but we're happy she's back. So Benson goes, how about we do lunch? Rollin's, of course desperate Desperate says yes. We see Bruno and Curry and they're standing at their desks, and then we pull back and we hear ro like we see Rollins staring at them through Benson's office, going ew, is that a whistleblower? And then that bit you investigated, and Benson goes, no, I like them.
Speaker 3: They're good.
Speaker 2: They're good, don't worry, and you know Rollin's is being fake. Oh well, it's good you're not short staffed anymore. But clearly she wants a desk, and then we find out actually, this is the craziest part. So then Benson goes, I just can't believe you would turned down a ten year offer.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I just hate that.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was ten yere But so this bitch is offered tenure after teaching for what two years? Yeah, it means that you can go on sabbaticals. It means you could probably still be an investigator or cop. You'd have to teach what one or two classes a week, and then you would have a guaranteed job for life, your kids probably get to go to college for She like, what exactly is going on? It's really ea and we know she doesn't come from money or careesy, why would you not care?
Speaker 3: Key?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm sure the insurance is better or health suff's better at the professorship.
Speaker 3: I just don't get it. Uh yeah, yeah, the health is good with the cops in her mind.
Speaker 2: But I just am confused why you would turn down tenure as well getting it the fastest anyone has ever gotten it.
Speaker 1: It's like the literally the only thing. Also, why was she offered ten year after like one year working somewhere? Don't people have to work for years doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's really also has no academic background. It's insane, and she could do it.
Speaker 2: She could do both so Bruno interrupts them though, and yeah, every time I see him, I feel proud.
Speaker 3: He's only been a guest once, but like I just feel like he's our guy, his old friend. So the church called.
Speaker 2: A woman has locked herself in a room and doesn't want to talk to anybody but them, and they're like what And so she did call and say SVU only Benson and Rollins play cooy games, Daddyada, but Rollins is gonna come with so like, let's get to it, and I wrote I just want everyone to kiss. Okay, what a weird vibe was watching this with? Okay, So the cops are here. A bridesmaid walks him too the suite and then the groom is begging her to come out, and Benson says move over, and he goes, wait, sbu, what are you doing here? No one reported a crime? What special victim? And they're like, well someone did. We don't want you here, And he's trying to communicate to the bride when she opens the door and she doesn't want to talk to him, and so they enter and close the door on the groom. She says she was raped last night after the rehearsal dinner and she starts to cry. It happened at her parents' house. She was sleeping there for tradition. They were going to get ready in the morning there, but at three am, she felt someone get into bed with her, put their hand on her mouth. The window was opened. It was a warm night, so she like cracked it a little bit to get air. She doesn't want to go out there. She doesn't want to see families. She doesn't want to see anyone. So they go, that's fine, we'll take you out the back door and we're going to go to Mercy Hospital, and then we get the credits. And I do want to say that that opening scene was over seven minutes long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a long one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think this is the longest in history. I've never seen anything like this. I've never seen an over seven minute one, even though the ones that feel long or with music or like yeah, yeah, story like this was extra wild to me. But I also have no recollection of this episode, so this whole thing was new to me. I was I didn't know what was happening every moment, and usually it clicks halfway through where you see one character interview and it makes sense.
Speaker 3: I did not I've never seen this episode ever.
Speaker 2: So at the hospital, the bride asks if she's going to get her wedding dress back, but they want to try to find residual DNA because this motherfucker took her nightgown and betting with him.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty fucked up.
Speaker 1: Robi, Like, why would there be any DNA on her wedding dress.
Speaker 2: Like if she didn't shower in the morning. I think she wore a shower on the morning of her wedding. I don't Yeah, I don't know. I think they're trying to show that it sucks, yeah to report a crime, because then you can't have a wedding.
Speaker 3: M got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know, they try to like show you that rape kits are tough, and this is just like, yep, you don't get your dress back.
Speaker 1: You don't get your wedding dress back. That's that goes to them.
Speaker 2: And also Rollins is fully volunteering here, like she's not part of the squad. This is her day off and she is fully and I know it's a TV show, but there's just no fucking way in hell, Like there's just no way in hell, Like you're just letting like a a.
Speaker 1: Defunct professor, former NYPD detective talked of witnesses like that, it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she's like, so she explains the guy was black, but she wasn't able to see his face. They asked if he said anything, and he did, You're going to remember me so for the rest. And then they go like, what do you think he meant by that? And she goes, it felt like he meant like the rest of my marriage like that every time I think about getting like she goes, I think he knew I was getting married. He and then he also put her wrists behind her back and they were rough hands, so she thinks he uses his hands for work. And she asks if Rollins is gonna stay, and she says every minute. So I just can't stop laughing, Okay, and this is serious. So the medical professional says that she's happy to see her back. So the nurses are happy Rollins is back. So now Finn and Benson walk in and he's playing the episode fool that's his job this episode, and she didn't report it till today. So then Benson has to go like, hey, you know, two hundred people were coming for the wedding, so I understand, not wanting to push it or tell people. So he goes, do you think it's revenge? And Benson goes, no, she does not know this person. It's a stranger. So then we see the groom in the waiting room and he goes, can it be him? And Benson goes no. He looked really shocked. He looks really shocked at what was happening, and then Finn could he have enemies? So Finn is gonna go talk to him, but before that they get a little gossip session in about with Rollins and what she's going to do back on the force. I don't know paperwork, so but he's like, I'm not going to tell anyone, but everyone is asking questions about Amanda. So Finn approaches the groom and he's like, fuck, I don't know what to tell anybody. Everyone is asking questions, and he's like, why didn't she tell me this happen? He goes, don't blame her, and he goes, but I'm allowed to be angry, and he's like, I'm just worried about my wife, and so Finn asks, do you know anyone that will want to hurt her? He's like, the groom says, I can put a list together of maybe Ex's We share passwords at the computers, so I'll be able to get some names through her social media. I don't know what he's about to do. So Finn asks if they live together. He says yes, and Finn's like, well, she spent last night at her parents' house.
Speaker 3: Did anyone know she was staying there?
Speaker 2: So that's family and wedding parties, so we need a list of those people as well. And then what else happened last night rehearsal dinner? You know, people got drunk, There was speeches, fun stuff. So then they ask like, were any of your guy friends touchy and weird? And he goes, no, we were so happy, Like we kept looking at each other thinking how lucky are we? Who would want to ruin that? And now we cut to a woman entering the blind's room. So that and then she has dyed red maroon type hair, so we know she's up to no good, you know what I mean? It's like, who would ruin it? Here's a bottle redhead. And so she's like, it was a great night. No one threw a drink like they did at my rehearsal dinner, so we're like, okay, she got her friend raped.
Speaker 3: Obviously she's orchestrated everything.
Speaker 2: They ask her if any of the male guests were giving the bride too much attention, and she goes, well, it's the bride. We're all looking at the bride, so I didn't see. She didn't get any creep vibes from any of the servers or bartenders either, so we don't know what's going on. And then while the friend is recalling the day, she does acknowledge that the bride was removed in the morning and was kind of weird, and on the way to the church she did ask like, why is your bed stripped? And she had no expression, and you know, like her friend just assumed her mom was being insane about the laundry. And then now we're talking to one of the grooms men and he says, yes, she just walked down the aisle like nothing was wrong. And they asked, well, was anyone jealous, Like was anyone really jealous of their love?
Speaker 3: And he says no, people were wasted.
Speaker 2: But then he stops and he goes, listen, all of us have been friends with Phillips since high school, and the only thing we're jealous of is like that they found love in their lives and some of us aren't so lucky. And it's like, well, I think that's what they're getting at, So who are those people? But Phil drew and then Phil drove her to the parents' house and so now it's precinct brainstorm time. And so again, the only people that knew she was sleeping there are parents and the wedding party. There's no sign of force entry, but the window is open. There's no traffic cams that match the guy that she described, there's no DNA, nothing missing from the house. And like the motive, Like, is it motive or random that the wedding was the next day? And obviously it's not random because he said you're gonna remember me, You're gonna remember me, So that's like that definitely has to be with the with the wedding, And.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you think so I feel like that's just something a rapist could say, like you're gonna you'll never forget me, because I'm like, I just ruined your life.
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right, you're right, you're right. That is a classic rape thing, Like yeah, no, you're right. It's like a villain thing to say. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy also was paranoid about leaving DNA behind. And and also no one can think of a grudge like that the couple could have had. So now maybe they have to check with wedding vendors. And now Curry's on the computer gets a hit with the DNA to an unsolved assault in Brooklyn six months ago, and it happened before the victim's wedding, so not random. So this is a serial rapist that is targeting brides. And now Rollin says, premnocta droi de seignor whatever.
Speaker 3: That's not what she says. Say it.
Speaker 1: It's like duas de signor. But she it's like it's in French, and she's like she says it really quick, I think because she's like, it is like.
Speaker 3: DUIs de's signeur or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. You know, it's like the right of the of the what is that word? No, No, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna do it all. I'm gonna I have it here.
Speaker 2: So Finn goes, English bitch, and so she goes, it's a medieval right that the lord of the castle can sleep with any woman under his rule on the night of her wedding. But they're like, yeah, but this guy's not a prince, so what's up. So we have to go talk to the nurse or is there more specific language translations?
Speaker 1: No, I just did that word signeur, like I've never seen that in French, Like I know, but dois is right in French. So I knew the beginning of the phrase, but I didn't know the end words. So like, yeah, but this is like, these kings are crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fuck all your wives. Then that before their wife. It's just like psycho Psycho. It's like, sorry, I.
Speaker 1: Actually get to put my dick in any lady the night before her wedding.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's just my right. But so crazy. The past and future is not bright. Okay.
Speaker 2: So so now we're talking to this Brooklyn victim and she's saying, you know, I as a nurse.
Speaker 3: She's a nurse.
Speaker 2: She goes, I never understood why victims didn't fight back during like while I was in the hospital, and Benson goes, you protected yourself. And again she was staying at her sister's house in Park Slope and they're like, well, who knew you were staying there, and she goes family friend's wedding party a few vendors with last minute supplies and she's like, the guy was black, average height, but was on the heavier side, and so I'm sure it's the same guy. So when he was done and about to leave, he did come back, took the bedding, took the night gown, and they're like, well, you know your rape kid is our key to solve it, and she goes, oh, fuck, that means he did it again, huh, and you know he is targeting brides to be And she goes, well, there's one other detail and I didn't tell the police or husband. He did say you're going to remember me. So definitely the same guy. But she does not want her husband to know this. It's been really hard to get over this as a couple and she doesn't want to get involved. So we're back to corkboard time and same phrase, same night.
Speaker 3: Wants to is that what we came up with? What do we come up with?
Speaker 1: I think we said the huddle hud, yeah, but back to corkboard time also really works for me.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: The huddle Okay, So we have same phrase, same night.
Speaker 3: He wants to leave a mark. How do we catch this guy?
Speaker 2: These women have nothing in common, nothing outside of the wedding, no mutuals, still, no vendor overlap. Finn is a good idea, like, let's see if anyone's on the sex registry list.
Speaker 3: Rollins wants to handle it. He goes, no, we actually have a date. Come with me. So this is cute.
Speaker 2: But they just go shooting and she's killing it like center center pow pow POWs. And then Finn is like, have you told Cariesy you're working. She's like, no, not yet, chill out. And then now they're in the vending machine room and Curry and Bruno are talking and she is looking at five years of open rapes, but none that happened the night before a wedding. He says, well, the victims were probably less likely to report. It's a giant event, you know, like who wants a uniform cop charging in? And then an uptown detective is here to see Curry. His girlfriend works at a DNA lab and they're getting married next month, and she's freaking out about this wedding rapist. And since it's a the you know, the brides are getting raped. So they're like, so you came here just because your girlfriend's freaked out, and he goes, no, there's more.
Speaker 3: About a year ago, I got a call.
Speaker 2: From a woman that said she was getting married that night at the Park Milano, and she asked what it would entail to report a rape, and so he walked her through it and she changed her mind, and he's like, and so nothing happened, and she said she was sorry that she wasted his time, but he did keep the log book. So now we're at the home of and Frank Richards Knock knock, Finn and Benson are there.
Speaker 3: She's holding a baby. It's a nice house.
Speaker 2: They ask questions about the Park Milano, what's going on last March, and the woman's face falls.
Speaker 3: She knows what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then the husband comes and they know what's up. So they go, well, it was a robbery, and we're just talking to people that were there that night. You know, we're investigating this robbery. A bunch A year and a half later.
Speaker 1: Liv loves that though she loves to throw like a smoke screen up for a husband to not know why she's there to talk to a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's really good at it, but she does give a card to the woman and they walk away. So the man closes the door, but he is not happy, and ominous music is playing and he stares through the door glass angrily at the detectives. So we're back at the corkboard and it's all different vendors and there's no registered sex defenders at these places either, so we need to figure out who this could be. It's like the purp knew the bride would be sleeping alone, how like how did he know what hotel? And they keep chatting and our woman from the Park Milano walks in. I wrote our bridge from the Park Milano and like what the fuck? Oh bride? Okay, why did I call this woman a bridge? The bride? Okay? So Benson looks like she just saw ghosts. Missus Richards walks her and she wants to talk to Benson in private. Rollins of course, joins her. She can't stand still. It's her first day off. So she says, my husband doesn't know we got that. But she did a DNA test half a month after the baby was born and it's not her husband's baby, it's the rapist baby. And they're like, well, Frank didn't even question it. She goes, fuck, no, he was so happy when Joseph was born, and he doesn't know about the rape. She thought he wouldn't love her anymore and that she was broken and damaged, and Benson, you survived.
Speaker 3: So she knows that it's obviously up.
Speaker 2: And again since they showed up at her door and you know, they ask her like, please just whatever where you can remember tell us, So she explains. He was black, he was a big dude. She heard a knock. She assumed it was her husband, who didn't want to be apart. They were sleeping in separate hotel rooms for tradition, and he pushed his way in so she could have seen his face. So he pushed his way in. He also said you're gonna remember me, and again took the bedding and she didn't sleep all night.
Speaker 1: I can't believe the Park Milano hotel has no cameras in it. I'm just confused about to go into someone's window or something like that. I get it, we're she didn't report it, Yeah, but like yeah, she like it browls you to walk into a hotel and do something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also this officer like yeah, It's good that he like connected the dots and his girlfriend was scared and he came in. But it's also fucked up because like, obviously something happened. You could have told the person like you can, you can report it tomorrow, or let us come do a quick swat, you know, like ye, there could have been a way to keep like pressuring her, but yeah, not pressuring, supporting, but the park mulano Okay. Yeah, And he also said you're gonna remember me. But my thing also, sorry if I already said that. My thing also is like if this was his first attack, how did he know to take the bedding? Like was he an SVU watcher? It was he watching her? Like how or is this not his first attack? But like how did he know to take everything? I think just from watching TV?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just grab everything and get like remove the crime scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now I guess everyone knows that, Yeah, she said, you know, she called the cops the next morning because she thought it was the responsible thing to do, but the cop said she'd have to go to the hospital give a statement. It could take hours, and she didn't want to do all that and disappoint all the people that flew in yeah, and she doesn't regret it. She says she doesn't regret a thing, especially her son. But there is one thing. She's like, we were trying to save money, and she could have sworn she saw this guy earlier at the flower whole sailor.
Speaker 3: Dun dun, dun, dun, dunt, don't dun. But yeah, that does suck.
Speaker 2: So if you get raped before your wedding or wedding's canceled, like, there's got.
Speaker 3: To be a better way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's gotta be like quick rape kits like I don't know, or there'd be like she could she went along with the wedding. I mean, she wasn't sad enough. It's really fucked up. It's just another layer of rape that I'd never thought about. Yeah, I'm sure maybe I have like an event. I don't know, bummer, so whatever. Well, I'm sure things like this happen before. People are getting married or graduating or having massive moments in their lives all the time, and it like ruins it right, Like you know, just something that's supposed to be such a happy moment and you just have a huge trauma married to it, literally no pun intended. Yeah, so we go to the wholesaler select roses the guy fun. He's like, yeah, that's us, checks the records, looks at the photo. Everything yep, yap bap. But they don't do deliveries. They're a wholesaler. So the floral people come in with their own vans because he gives such a big discount, but they push him. They're like, come on, like who else touches the flowers? He goes maybe the maintenance guy, ding ding ding. Let's find him. His name's Leon Wallace. He is big and black, so we can't assume it's him, and he's pushing a cart and he does not stop when they are calling for him. They keep saying it Leon, Leon, Leon, but he's not answering. And also he had rough hands, so like maintenance and working with flowers would rough up your hands, I would say. So they catch up to him, but he doesn't, like I said, doesn't try to run. He just doesn't hear them, and so when they take off his head, they're like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: He goes sorry, I'm hard of hearing.
Speaker 2: And he seems stoner, vibes to me, like really relaxed, and so after seeing the cop badge, though he's not nervous at all, and he says he's not allowed personal time on the clock and they're super busy today. They go, no, we're going to talk, so don't you worry, and he goes, what's this about. They say it's robberies and that everyone that got robbed ordered flowers from here. He's like, well, I don't interact with the customers. I just keep this place clean. So they ask about the park Milano and he chuckles and he goes, you want me to remember what I was doing last year? And Bruno goes, well, how about last Monday? Another wedding, and he says, not a lot of people get hitched on a weekday. So they acknowledged it. Yeah, okay, a Monday. So but like I said, if they were rich, if the church was that big and it was fancy, like I beca bloom got married on a Thursday. I think rich people don't like days don't really matter to them. And but to them it's like embarrassing to get married on a Saturday. That means you have to do you can't get you know, time off or something, or you have to work.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, they acknowledged this Monday wedding. He goes, oh, I do remember I had Monday off, you know, the market's closed, and go.
Speaker 3: What were you doing when you were home?
Speaker 2: And he goes, oh, I was with Missus Pritchard. I rent the room from her. She's like a grandmother to me. And he's like, we were in the couch, we were watching her stories. Okay, so what now? Obviously we're going to the woman. We're with the woman. She goes, Leon has been a godsend. He is more thoughtful than her own grandchildren. She says that they were together, but they keep pushing her. They keep pushing her like, wait, so would you lie for him? You love him so much? And she's like, I don't lie for anyone, and she goes, I'll give you my phone records whatever you need. I don't care. Go in his room. He's got nothing to hide. So she brings them downstairs suspense. The little music is playing. It's super clean and tidy, and then they leave up the stairs.
Speaker 3: But when they.
Speaker 2: Leave, she looks worried, dark, scared, like her eyes are bulging, like did you get and then we never see her again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was very.
Speaker 1: Confused about the what role the grandma lady was playing in this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, are you helping him violent towards you? Like, yeah, what is going on? You seem panicked as fucked or do you know he's good? Do you know he's bad? Like she looked evil, her eyes were bulging. It was scary and she it was unsettling. Yeah, I didn't. Then nothing and then we don't see her again. Okay, so we're back at work. We need evidence. We do have the DNAs to match, but like of the different crimes. But when they tried to get his DNA from my hair brush, the lady was on it and was like, you don't touch that, and then Finn goes. We got played by a retired burlesque dancer.
Speaker 1: It's also it is weird that this guy is collecting all of the sheets but he's not wearing a condom.
Speaker 3: Is that how we have his DNA?
Speaker 2: No, it could be hair, sweat, fiber. I mean yeah, it could be like mucus, vomit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not vomit, but but I mean it's like, if you're being so careful about like collecting all this shit, I don't know, I feel like you'd wrap it up.
Speaker 3: But whatever, maybe he didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the other bride do the rape kit, not the first one. And I don't even know about the second one. I don't know about the park Malona. What about the nurse, Yeah, I'm not sure. Maybe he touched the bed frame. Yeah, you know what I mean DNA.
Speaker 3: We love to talk about touch DNA. So they got played.
Speaker 2: Benson's like, well, I just talked to the other two brides florists and they all went to the exact same wholesaler. I mean, this is like such good SVU that it's like not a vendor, but the wholesaler where the vendor gets the stuff. Like all right, you guys have thought of fucking everything. But the two brides couldn't pick him out of a photo array. But maybe Brina could, but she doesn't really want to help because she doesn't want to break up her marriage. So we need to figure out a different way to get this guy. So with the first assault, we know that Brina did use the wholesalers and that's how she recognized him. So he does it for like certain certain weddings, but like, how would he have gotten the address? Maybe the carbon paper for the order forms? And then he gets a taste and he wants more, and he and then Rollin's professor knowledge says, he wants to ruin someone's happiness, so let's give him a taste.
Speaker 3: So they get Rollinson careesy.
Speaker 2: They're undercover, they're gonna entrap him, so they go there.
Speaker 3: They pick out again, she does not work for the NYPD.
Speaker 1: You're putting a civilian into an undercover situation with a potential criminal.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is romantic, though it's super romantic. Rollins runs off and Creasy plans with the man in charge and gets him to get Leon over for a surprise flower delivery to his wife. That wasn't how anyone talks since they're sleeping apart.
Speaker 3: So basically, he wants like a floral surprise.
Speaker 2: He says, anytime before ten pm, hydrange his roses, give my girl some flowers.
Speaker 1: And this is like, yeah, my NYPD budgets so limited, get her anything.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, Leon, you should be a little suspicious, but.
Speaker 2: Leaving guys questioned you earlier today. But Leon smiles and says, not a problem. But he's staring at them and they're, you know, they're kissing, and they want they're just so happy and cute and they are in love and Leon's pissed. He's mean mugging and walks off. So now our crime fighting couple is getting ready for their sting. She's wearing a wire. He is in a van and he's like, I think Leon's onto us, and they're like, oh, yeah, what do you like. She goes, well, yeah, being questioned by two cops you think he should be but they're so warny, and he's like, your eyes haven't listened like this since you've left the SVU. So they think he's gonna do the delivery and then come back at three am, so it might be a long night. But also to me, I'm like, you can't be this dumb, like you're that risky when the cops know what's up. But he you know, his hatred fuels him, so his hatred might be too powerful.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I also think these guys are like, if they're on to me, I might not have that much more time to do something like this. Oh you're right, you know, like if I'm going to jail soon, a better you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Got to get it all in. But and again, i've never seen this episode. I don't know how if I missed it. I've never seen this so he's in there. They say, so we see him like coming out of his van and they're like, he looks cagy and it's like, okay, that might just be racist. He looks fine. He knocks Rollins opens the door. She lures him in, but he tries not to go in and but you know, no one at the end of the day can resist a Rollin's flirt.
Speaker 3: And he's like literally.
Speaker 1: Trying to fuck this guy immediately, like it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: He brings in the other boxes and she's like, can I fix you a drink?
Speaker 3: It's psycho.
Speaker 2: It's so suspicious, and they're trying to get his DNA, but they're trying to get his DNA. Basically, they're trying to get the DNA. So Christie's watching it. He's pissed. He's like, this is too close soon trapment, But they need him to try to drink, so she's laying it on thick. She's like, this is my last night single. He goes, He's like I'm good and he runs off. Creasy's pissed. He runs out, gets in the van and he drives off. They are going to follow him and no one can get a hold of Amanda, but she said, guys, we got him, get csu down here now.
Speaker 1: So they got to do a little swap kit and he cuffed. What is she talking about? What's his sweat is on her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like maybe she touched his face or arms to be like get get a drink, okay me like a little cat because like there.
Speaker 1: Was just this scene where she's like looking at her arm and she's like, get down here now. And I'm like, did hees on her hands? Like I didn't understand. I mean, it wasn't that, but I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: But he's handcuffed.
Speaker 2: Finn and Bruno have him coming out of the elevator. Benson runs out the DNA is a match on all three cases, but he wants to wait for his lawyer. Benson and Finn are chatting, and she goes, wow, I guess Amanda hasn't lost her touch, and Finn goes, yep, she got his DNA on the rim of a glass and under her fingertips.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She probably correct. He probably took a drink. She caressed him in some way and that got him running. How is that like not entropment? Like I guess I don't understand that because they didn't. They didn't arrest him because of what he did in there. They just got his DNA. You can try to trick someone to get DNA. I think, oh no, okay, no, it makes sense that. Yeah, yeah, I guess you're right a crime, that's true. She's also working privately, Like what's the chain of custody, she's not even a detective. I don't know, I don't know. No, this is I think highly illegal and improbable.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I cannot be here like a fool being, Like no, I think you can entrap DNA. Yeah, yeah, it would just be all undercovers, just sucking the dicks of guys and like keeping the j's and running out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess it's like if you're taking a soda can off somebody at the precinct, then what's the difference thing, you can't suck their dick and you can't, yeah, Alley invite them over for a drink and force them a little bit of the glass in their face, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: I just love if her Rollins had like a whole mouth of jizz just ran into the into the precinct like cause someone get a swamp kit.
Speaker 1: Whatever and you know, she's like, it's my last night as a single lady. I guess it's like, what are you doing? I would that guy be like this is a red flag exactly.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, never trust a man if he's asking a woman for help, and never trust a woman if she's like, please let me fuck.
Speaker 1: You yeah out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you're like Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet he was just sweaty from all the boxes and like she got his next sweat in her fingers.
Speaker 3: She must have really done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever. So they're like, wow, she knows how to flirt. She's the queen. So and we have enough from CSU to make a case. So, but they also call the victims in for a lineup. We have the bride from the Monday wedding and she can't figure it out. She only saw his silhouette. But since she's heard the voice, we're going to do one of those. And the moment this guy steps forward and says you're gonna remember me, she goes, that's him, that's him, I know it.
Speaker 3: So the voice said, he goes through.
Speaker 2: So then Benson's walking this bride out and Benson goes, love your new haircut.
Speaker 3: She goes, I needed a change.
Speaker 2: She's like, it's been a lot, but you know, I needed to call everyone and tell them that I still love Philip and this had nothing to do with Philip. Yeah, because everyone's probably like, what the fuck did you do Philip? You know they're they're pissed at him, We're pissed. Yeah, she had to call everyone be like, this has nothing to do with Philip. Like I it would suck to have to tell everyone who got raped though, But yeah, I guess the wedding must go on. I guess hopefully they can find another Monday in the books. So the park Milano bride walks in and sees the exchange and she heard they arrested someone, and she's like, you know, I got to look at his face. That's why I'm here. I do want to help. I don't care. I need to help. So now we have all three DNAs are a match. We have the voice ID, and now we have a face I D. We have one Brooklyn, two Manhattans and met Brooklyn rape case alone. Brooklyn ds DA wants forty years and his lawyer's like, fuck that forty years. I'd rather go to trial and They're like, well, he could get a hundred years and then Leon goes, wait, so I die in prison and they go, yeah, bitch. And so Cresey's like, well, how much of a gambler are you? And given what you did, Benson ads, He goes, I'm not a bad person.
Speaker 3: You are by everyone's accounts.
Speaker 2: Crisy says you premeditated to ruin the best day of these people's lives, and Benson asks why, and then she slaps the table and screams, Leon, why, Okay, it's pretty wild. So he says, I don't know, ma'am. I guess I just got tired for waiting for my own best day.
Speaker 3: Like what, you've just.
Speaker 1: Been dreaming about your wedding day forever and that turned you into a rapist?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess this will yeah twist, So twisted music plays, Benson looks him with disgust and he accepts the deal. So now Caristie and Benson are having a recap moment and he's like, it was nice to have Rollins back here, but Benson says He's like, I may have been a little worried, and Benson goes, what do you expect?
Speaker 3: You married a wild card? And he goes, and that's what I like.
Speaker 2: And if she wanted to be back at SVU, he says he would be supportive, but Benson thinks she's looking for something new.
Speaker 3: SVU is not what she wants.
Speaker 2: And now there's like a stuffed chipmunk and a glass beauty in the beast lid.
Speaker 1: You know where the rose is under what are those called? I like calling it a beauty in the beast slid. It's like exactly, it's like what the roses? It's like, yeah, like a dome cat like a glass dome.
Speaker 3: Over cast a thing.
Speaker 2: I was jealous of the people who had that as a toy, Like you could buy that as a toy and the flower would and I was like so jealous. So it's it's been on Brevo bro It's been on Bruvo's desk. It's been on Bruno's desk. And so you got sick of looking at this like stuffed chipmunk she probably brought from her hicktown she and Benson goes, hey, Rollin, did you leave this on purpose?
Speaker 3: So you can come back?
Speaker 2: But it doesn't even matter because Benson doesn't have a desk, and Benson says, it's not about the desk. It's not about SVU. It's about where you belong in your life. You were unemployed for one day and she couldn't handle the boredom, and Benson goes, yeah, but like, I don't want SVU to be your safety net. She wants Amanda to find what makes her happy, healing and dealing with her demons, and Rollin says, I have some work to do, and Benson goes, you and me both, and then they take a sip from a mug and then it's this pensive music plays and that's according to the close captioning, not me. And then yeah, it's Benson's concerned and loving face and that's Dick Wolf Baby.
Speaker 3: I wonder if she comes back.
Speaker 1: She's already in the first season of season twenty seven, which somehow already has a wiki, and there's a new Chief of Detectives.
Speaker 3: Do they tell us who it is? New Chief a Dees, new Chief of Dees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this first episode of season twenty seven is called in the Wind, and it's got Curry's back, Bruno CORESI, you know, the regulars, And then it doesn't actually have Rolins listed here, but it was underneath her she returns to the main cast as of this episode after previously departing.
Speaker 3: That's what the wiki says.
Speaker 1: So this is the first time a main cast member who's departed has returned it as a series regular since Stephanie March returned in season eleven as Alex Kmitt.
Speaker 2: But that's different because Cab it was always you know, It's just it's different even with the detem I know.
Speaker 1: But I think it just means like she was gonna be back in the opening shot, you know, so interesting because she was back. Oh after we went up, she comes back to one two through for five episodes of season twenty six. What does she come back as that? Then in season twenty six, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never even seen this episode. Like, I don't know, I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Oh, she gets she gets a position as a sergeant in the intelligence unit. Yeah, and then she's helping people with intelligence that they keep bringing her in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, she's a lieutenant, so maybe she's gonna come and be bat Benson's number two.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to the crime, which is not really that much of a crime. This episode is based, we think, very loosely on Jennifer Wilbanks, the Runaway Bride, the very famous Runaway Bride from eight from two thousand and five. In April of two thousand and five, Jennifer Wilbanks and her fiance John Mason are gearing up for a big ass wedding at a fancy Atlanta country club. Okay, we're talking six hundred guests, twenty eight people in the wedding party, eight bridal showers.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that's possible, but I read it in one of my sources that was that was I think People magazine. So that means it's gospel and it's true.
Speaker 3: So then it's right before their wedding.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that these people are getting married on a Saturday, because it's like a country club in the South, and at six hundred guests, so I'm assuming they were getting married on like April thirty at the two thousand and five They on the evening of April twenty six, two thousand and five, four days before the wedding, Mason called authorities in Duluth, Georgia, to report that his thirty two year old fiancee Jennifer, hadn't returned home from her run the next day, members of the community start searching for her and the local police. Even the local police publicly speculated this might just be a quote, a case of premarital jitters. But when she was still missing the next day, April twenty eighth, the Duluth Police Department said they were treating Jennifer's disappearance as a criminal investigation, and the FBI and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation both were also part of it. This case quickly becomes a media frenzy. Okay, her family's on all the shows begging for any information about Jennifer's disappearance. They're like on all the morning shows, the cable shows, and they're swearing up and down that she's not the kind of person to just run off without a word. I mean, at this point, the movie Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts is six years old, so it's like Runaway Bride's already like a concept in the zeitgeist from six years earlier, but you know, this is the first time we've seen maybe like a real life story. And on the twenty ninth of April, three days missing, the family offers a one hundred thousand dollars reward but on the same day as that, her fiance John gets a call from Jennifer and she's calling from a payphone and she tells him she's been kidnapped, okay, she also she also calls nine one one and tells them that she's been kidnapped and sexually assaulted by a Hispanic man and a white woman in their forties, two people in their forties, Aspanic man and a.
Speaker 3: White blonde woman.
Speaker 1: She said her captors had just released her and driven off in their blue van, but she had no idea where she was. They obviously traced her phone call to a seven eleven payphone in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the local authorities pick her up. She tells local authorities in Albuquerque that she'd been abducted while jogging, that they'd tied her up in the van with rope. But I mean Georgia to New Mexico is far. That is very that's hours and hours and hours driving. But she told the authorities in Albuquerque she'd been abducted while jogging. They tied her up in the van with rope, and the man had raped her, and she said later she was forced to engage in sexual acts on the women and apparently she gave tons of very detailed description, like she talked about her position on the floor of the van, her surroundings, like what things looked out out the window. She even talked about the music that was playing in the van when this was all happening. And then once the FBI entered the chat, she admitted she had not been kidnapped. She simply felt overwhelmed by the stress of her impending nuptials, so she had taken forty dollars out of the ATM and boarded a bus to New Mexico. And I'm like, not one of those fourteen bridesmaids had a shoulder for you to cry on, Like, girl, you couldn't go to one friend and be like, I'm freaking out.
Speaker 3: Somebody helped me.
Speaker 1: So this was another case of missing white women syndrome, right, Like it becomes a huge case because it's like.
Speaker 3: A missing white woman.
Speaker 1: You know, she's gone for twelve hours and people are like, where where is she?
Speaker 3: Like immediately a.
Speaker 2: Family, Yeah, usually you have to wait, what is it twenty you have to wait twenty.
Speaker 1: Four hours like this and that, like the families booked and blessed on all the morning TV asking where their baby is. So like shortly after she confessed, will Banks entered it inpatient program at a mental health facility to address quote physical and mental issues end quote.
Speaker 3: But with all the.
Speaker 1: Media attention on this case, it also came out that Jennifer had been charged with shoplifting three different times in the nineties, Like in one case it was like one seven hundred and forty dollars in merged from a mall, and then she had actually served two weekends in jail for shoplifting, like ninety eight dollars in ninety eight nineteen ninety eight, and then in ninety six misdemeanor shoplifting for taking thirty seven dollars worth of shit from a Walmart. But like these things happened when she was in her early twenties. This is like I was likelyave the shoplifting alone. Yes, but the reason is because she became such a massive punchline like this woman, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: The moment I googled her and saw those eyes, I'm like, I don't eyes good, I was I remember something distinct about like her bug eyes, Like I think that she was getting like fully torched on every comedy show late night like everywhere, like this was a big this was the Coldplay jumpn couple of that summer.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like that's what was happening. Did they end up being together?
Speaker 1: I don't know, But I just saw a thing where her her husband, that is, they're both getting divorced. But like her husband is speaking out. But I don't know, I don't know, I don't know if they're staying together.
Speaker 2: You lose io this couple, this couple that were this one, oh, this one yeah, oh hold on. Okay, So a couple of weeks after this all blows up, she calls off the engagement. But according to People magazine, and it's the only source where I find this, John Mason.
Speaker 1: Took her back quite quickly. He took her back very quickly. They even moved into a large new home in an Atlanta suburb together, and they were apparently talking about giving marriage another shot on But on May twenty fifth, two thousand and five, so this is a month after this whole thing, she gets charged with making false statements. She pled guilty to a felony count of making a false statement and got two years probation, one hundred and twenty hours of community service, and was ordered to get mental health counseling. She was all ordered to pay back the Sheriff's office five hundred and fifty dollars to cover some search costs, and the mayor of Duluth said the city spent between forty and sixty k searching for Jennifer, and she reached a settlement with the city and agreed to pay back around thirteen thousand dollars money to her city for the money that they spent searching for her. So these two are back together, and in May of two thousand and six, the couple announced that they have broken up. Or it's like a People magazine article comes out and Jennifer won't confirm her jani it, but she says, we've got some stuff to work out. And in September of two thousand and six, three months later, Jennifer sued John, claiming that when she was hospitalized after this incident, he got power of attorney over her and was controlling her finances. And then she said he made a publishing deal for five hundred thousand dollars to sell their story and he used the money to buy them this I am assuming this big house in Atlanta suburbs and then he kicked her ass out without a penny from the sale of the or from the house or anything they kick took her out of the house, so she sued him. He denies that he stole anything from her and filed a countersuit against her for the emotional distress of being left at the altar, and then they both dropped their suits a couple months later at the beginning of two thousand and seven. This case is apparently often cited as an example of a stage kidnapping, in like there's textbooks about kidnapping where they talk about this one, but like we now have seen like Sherry Peppini and Carly Russell and like you know, the movie and the book of Gone Girl have sort of popularized this like stage kidnapping thing where like a woman disappears and like issue really gone.
Speaker 3: But our girl.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Wilbanks actually did get married in twenty ten to a man named Greg Hudson who owned a landscaping company, and they were married for eleven years, but they did get divorced in April of twenty twenty one. And I hope she's okay. I hope she's okay. I mean, I don't know. I feel like she made a decision that she thought wasn't really going to affect anybody. And I do think making up the lie is extremely racist and like bad because they could have gone out and arrested someone, which has happened in many cases. But like it like all the authorities in Georgia when you talk to them now about it, Like the woman there's like this female sheriff who was on the case, who's like, I mean, who did it really hurt?
Speaker 3: Just her and her family?
Speaker 1: You know, like it hurt her in her But it's like, you know, people were looking for you and you were giving a racist depiction. You were like saying that you were like sending people off to find a Hispanic man who raped you.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just glad it wasn't a rapist attacking brides the night before their wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah it wasn't. I don't think that's I don't think that's a real story. I don't think that's a real time. I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you if if.
Speaker 1: The first woman had come forward, which I understand, but it's like if you.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if you find.
Speaker 1: Out that it's brides, you immediately start looking at their vendors, like you would immediately just start looking at the d but it wasn't.
Speaker 3: That was common, but.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the vendor. It was the sailor that the vendors were using.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it wasn't until they got third girl that they actually were like, oh shit, put it together with the flowers, that it's.
Speaker 2: The whole sailor. Yeah, and then those places got it from these yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, that's why I said. I was like, that's clever, Like I like that they did that.
Speaker 1: I'm also surprised that that first victim didn't have any chats with Olivia Benson about the fact that she's a product of a rape and this woman has like has her son. I'm like surprised that that didn't come up.
Speaker 2: That feels like, well, they have to be his wheelhouse, they have to keep the secret.
Speaker 3: Do you think she tells her husband. I don't know.
Speaker 2: He seemed so suspicious at the door, like I don't yeah know.
Speaker 3: He was like like, it's so weird when caughtwin a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is weird when a man comes to the door and it's just the cops asking about a robbery and they're like what's this about, Like, get out of here. You know, it's like, what are you covering up?
Speaker 3: You know? Cops?
Speaker 1: That's fine, true, they do, but that guy looked sinister looking out the window.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is kind of like a positive, positive end so this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we have a guest, so let's get to that.
Speaker 1: Our guest today is an actor who has recently been featured on shows like The Equalizer and Just.
Speaker 3: Like That an FBI.
Speaker 1: But you know her today as our runaway bride, Jenna Chapman. Please enjoy our chat with the lovely Elizabeth Page. Here comes the traumatized bride.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it comes the traumatized Frid.
Speaker 3: That should have actually been the type up that.
Speaker 6: Should have been dark. It was, I mean they're all dark episodes, yes, this one too.
Speaker 2: But I will say the moment I saw you run down the aisle in a wedding dress, I was like, that must have been fun film, Like was that cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 7: It's always fun when theyre is like hundreds of extras because you it feels, you know, especially big, which is fun.
Speaker 6: And then crying in front of all those people is a treat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're crying.
Speaker 1: We were talking about it when we recap the episode, like was really good because it was like I couldn't tell obviously it's as vus, so I know something has traumatized you. But I'm also like, she just excited she's getting married, you know, like some people are really overcome with emotion.
Speaker 6: But it was really a layered cry, A layered cry.
Speaker 3: I love that. Thank you, lots lots of stuff. So how do you how do you cry?
Speaker 6: How do I cry?
Speaker 3: As an actor?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 3: What's yeah? What's your process?
Speaker 6: Okay, my process?
Speaker 7: So actually, when I was in college, I went to acting school and one of my teachers was like, when I first had no clue how to cry as an actor, he was like, keep your eyes open as long as you possibly can, they'll start to water, and then you can like fill it with emotion, like you can kind of tap into the emotional side of it. And that's how I learned how to cry. And now I can just cry in like ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Wow. Crazy?
Speaker 2: Have you ever cried in the real world, not on set to manipulate somebody?
Speaker 6: To me?
Speaker 3: Probably, I mean.
Speaker 6: I I none comes to mind, but let's be real, I'm human.
Speaker 3: Getting out of a ticket.
Speaker 6: Oh you know what in fact.
Speaker 7: Yes, when I was in high school, actually before I learned this trick, I got caught drinking at a concert and I told the cop I was pregnant, and I started to cry and I said, the reason why I'm throwing up in this at the concert is because I was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was good. And they drove me home and let me.
Speaker 3: Go so that you could go have your baby. Yeah, so that I could have maybe you're teen pregnancy. Wow. Yeah, so I have manipula thinking, thinking I love that. Yeah. Right.
Speaker 1: So I was lightly poking around on your Instagram and I saw you posting about the episode and stuff and being like, I guess I can stop bugging my reps to get on this show. Had you auditioned a bunch of times before this episode.
Speaker 6: So many times?
Speaker 7: I'm sure you hear from all the actors that you have on that this is like a bucket list item on the resume, And I just couldn't get on, Like, I auditioned probably ten fifteen times nothing and back when called.
Speaker 2: The fact that they're bringing you back is already huge, you know, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Why you they just.
Speaker 7: That's that's what you're like, My reps say, and I'm like, okay, are you saying that to me just to make me like feel okay?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I bombed an audition in twenty fourteen, and honey, I didn't get one to last year for four Law and Order for us View. Yeah, it's one of myfical moments.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I've had two auditions in eleven years. So if they kept bringing you back, they were like, yeah, see it, we see her.
Speaker 7: You know she can cry, I can cry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, I mean we've talked to people like Megan Faye came on our podcast and was like, I auditioned so many times and then she got the one that where she was like this really big, juicy part. So it's like, yeah, they're just waiting for the right thing for you and for you. They were like, run away Bride, run Away.
Speaker 2: We just talked an actress to audition for fifteen years for it, and I find it a really good part. She's a fucked up person in it, that's incredible.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, on one of these shows, like the more trauma or like Chaos you and Sue, the better.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, yeah, so you auditioned for lots. Were you a fan of the show When.
Speaker 6: I was little, I watched it all the time.
Speaker 7: I watched Law and Order like yeah, and then I watched Criminal Minds and other very dark shows.
Speaker 6: And then I don't know, they started to scare me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like when as I got.
Speaker 7: Older and I like started to experience the cute, actual scary parts of life, I was like, oh, watching these shows makes me make affirms that they could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure changed our mental wellness. I would say, are you okay? Yeah, no, I'm like, I'm like crazy. There was a leak in my like ceiling doorway, and I was the first thought was someone to slit their wrists in the bathtub and I have to run upstairs. So I run upstairs, I'm banging, and she's just like, hey, I was showering.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's fine, I'll call this.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to make sure you weren't, you know, overflowing bathtub.
Speaker 6: Okay, they should pay for some type of therapy.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, I that is I'm that's crazy, but I get it completely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And do you live in New York, Elizabeth?
Speaker 6: So I just moved.
Speaker 7: I lived in Manhattan for thirteen years. In Brooklyn, I guess for a few years too, and then I just moved to Montclair.
Speaker 3: New Jersey.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I was just there last summer.
Speaker 6: It's cute.
Speaker 3: It's really cute.
Speaker 1: It's like where a lot of artists people live to be able to like get to the city.
Speaker 6: That's exactly why I lived here. Yeah.
Speaker 7: We wanted, my husband and I we wanted to buy and have it not be a shoe box.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. So yeah, I was just there over the summer.
Speaker 1: And there's a really cute little swim club called Montclair Beach Club. If you want to join a pool, okay, And they let me bring your own alcohol, which I thought was really fun.
Speaker 6: B B is huge in months. Yeah I'm learning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh okay, so it's but I lived in the New York for a long time and then I made the like two weeks ago, we just moved.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like the reality of SVU two, Like I was. I lived in New York for eleven years. Lisa lives there currently, Like, uh, you know.
Speaker 3: Where are you now?
Speaker 1: I'm in La now And like just I would be on the subway and just like replay s few episodes.
Speaker 3: It's like it really is like a sickness.
Speaker 1: But you know, I also think it helps keep people on their toes and it makes you aware of your surroundings and you know, like all of the things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's helped.
Speaker 1: It's helped little girls not get kidnapped because they've saw something on SVU that they learned from the show.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 6: I like three months ago, maybe was one of the catalysts whe I moved. I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I got followed for the first time, like really followed, and I was on the subway and I hated it and I.
Speaker 6: Had so many nightmares and those memories are gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that I moved, how did you how'd you get the person to stop following?
Speaker 3: What was that's fucked?
Speaker 6: Yeah, super fucked.
Speaker 7: So I was actually with my husband and I noticed this woman start to take like pictures and videos and I thought they were of me, and I was like, Okay, maybe I'm just being crazy, that's why would you be taking pictures and videos of me?
Speaker 6: And then so but I still was scared.
Speaker 7: So we moved and then she turned and followed me and like got around my husband to keep taking pictures of me, and we were on the subway and then we got off and she got off and started to like run after us, and so we started to run and we ran. We were on the we were transferring from the L to the G. So we went underground to go to turn around, and we got on the subway before she got there.
Speaker 3: Damn, oh my god.
Speaker 6: This is like nine am on a Saturday.
Speaker 3: Do you think she thought you were somebody else? Or was she I think she was crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she was crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think because in no world would she like know who I am.
Speaker 1: I know, but you kind of have a look. You kind of have a look. I feel like when I was looking up you know, things about you, like your IMDb and stuff, I was like, she kind of has a look of like you look like a couple of other people.
Speaker 3: I feel like for sure.
Speaker 1: And I'm wondering if she's like it's Measter from you know, or whatever, it's Minka Colling. Even if it was, you don't act like crazy, you don't act crazy, but you know, you know, crazy, it would be that's so sary.
Speaker 7: Run. I thought the running and she was smiling, and also I was with I was with my husband, which I was like, why the fuck aren't you scared of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like I if I.
Speaker 6: Was like alone, whatever, I would honestly be less scared. But then I was like, does she have people waiting.
Speaker 7: Somewhere like and so having you know, this guy isn't scary to her.
Speaker 3: She didn't say anything. She wasn't like no, I just need your picture. Wow, that's so creepy. That's so creepy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can I ask another question? What about Mountclair? Yeah?
Speaker 1: About Mountclair's Yeah, I saw also on your Instagram lights talking again something about how you said they wrote your your haircut in So what was the story with like you having shorter hair because in the episode they made it seem like, you know, you just needed a fresh start after the attack and like what happened for sure?
Speaker 7: So we shot the first chunk and then I changed my hair all the time, and then I cut it a month later and then they called me two days after I cut my hair and they were like, hey, we wrote you another scene and I was like, that's awesome. I cut all my hair off, so I don't know if I'm want to be able to do this they so then they sent me new sides, and it just had that one little line like I just needed a fresh start.
Speaker 8: Great, it worked perfectly good Okay, I thought so too, because also it kind of gave you the impression that more time had passed, which is how the real law and order would go, Like, for sure, go to a lineup three days after you go to the police, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you right?
Speaker 1: So I think it was like it made it seem like more time had passed. You'd gotten a haircut, you'd sort of you know, yeah, no, it worked.
Speaker 3: You got an outdoor scene. Love that, Yes, you can do more time.
Speaker 1: Run out of the church, you've got to be in the hospital. The lineup, you're one on one with Benson with rawlins, you know. Yeah, we call it the bingo card. I'd say you've got a pretty good one.
Speaker 7: Hi, Yes, I mean Kelly and Mrishka are so amazing. It was like, you know, people say like, don't meet your heroes whatever, whatever, and a lot of the times that has been true for me with them. They are so much cooler than you could even imagine, which is wild.
Speaker 2: Any specifics working with them, any fun or like memories from the shoots.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the when I after I run away and it's just us three in that little like bridal suite or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like a very.
Speaker 6: Male dominated set.
Speaker 7: I would say most everyone working there is a man, but you still all of the female voices are incredibly hurt, which is wonderful. And people were trying to give me notes that just like weren't working, and Kelly like pulled me aside and was like, you're an animal.
Speaker 6: In a cage.
Speaker 7: And then Murushka was like, take as much time as you need, and then I did, and yeah, that was the That was the take that we used, was the animal in the cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I being honest, Yeah, I just I I heard it and I don't I did something.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it really says something about I feel like culturally, like the wedding industrial complex that like you would go through an attack like this but still show up, get the hair and makeup done, like cause you're like two hundred people are coming.
Speaker 3: This is what I've been, you know, quote unquote stupid.
Speaker 1: All these like silly stereotypes about weddings or whatever. And because I've seen people go through their weddings, I've heard stories of like people I know in friends of friends who have gone through their weddings, like knowing they're basically going to get divorced as soon as they get back from the honeymoon, or like this is a mistake, or I just found out they cheated like two days ago, but we've already paid for all these vendors and this and that, and like obviously your your character story is like a brutal assault, and she's probably somewhat traumatized. But I think it like speaks to the fact that like women especially are expected to just like go through with it, like it's your wedding, It's the biggest day of your life, and it doesn't matter what happens, like just get to that altar.
Speaker 7: I never thought of that, but that is a brilliant take that I never It didn't.
Speaker 1: Even crust because I think that's kind of what she means, like you're an animal in a cage.
Speaker 3: Is like all these people are like, what's wrong? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, and she's just like, get me out of here. I've had this horrible trauma and I and probably like only societal pressure is why I'm even here in the dress right now, you know, did they just what did you think of that wedding dress?
Speaker 3: Was that your style? Uh?
Speaker 7: How do I say this the biggest bitch on the planet, I wouldn't say it's my style.
Speaker 6: I would not say it's my style, though I do think I don't know what it is.
Speaker 7: Don't honestly like, please events listening, don't look it up. I haven't had the best luck with They really love jewel tones on shows Purple, they love a jewel tone, and they love sparkles and frills for like special gowns. And I kind of got all of that thrown up on me, which was fun, and my hair was great and yeah.
Speaker 2: Great, Well, there's not that many wedding episodes. And then the other one is is a different it's different. The Serry Applebee, I feel, is like a wedding one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh Sherry Appleby love her as the groom had raped her.
Speaker 7: Shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so that's and then she's also in a more She's also in one where she is in the military and she gets brutally assaulted by like a bunch of other military guys and her dad's in the military, and it's so twisted.
Speaker 7: I just did an episode of The Equalizer that is now canceled.
Speaker 3: But is it canceled?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got canceled.
Speaker 3: We had Lisa.
Speaker 1: Lapiro on our podcast and she was so nice. She was one of the main characters on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a lot of scenes with Oh is Lisa Lisa, but she mine was also. I was in the army and that's fucked up shit happened to me by all the people in the armies. Yeah, crazy, not good.
Speaker 3: I mean we did a crime.
Speaker 2: They found a head on Fort Bragg and they were like, no, nothing to see here, Like they protect each other. Yeah, because if they're charged with crimes, then they're felons and they can't have guns, and they want their military armed.
Speaker 3: And they don't want women.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's a pretty good way to deter a female participation.
Speaker 2: That's But how was The Equalizer? Did you meet Queen Latifa?
Speaker 7: I did meet Quean Latifa, I met I met all of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was an interesting experience. It was an interesting experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was like a hard day's work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a hard day's work.
Speaker 7: I think I think The Equalizer the the consensus there is that it's their long, long, hard days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that shoots in New York.
Speaker 6: Yeah, huh a shout in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about also did an episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then just like that, Oh I sure did, I sure did. I actually I got far for a different show that casting director was doing. And then I think I got this kind of like as like a bone because I didn't get that other thing.
Speaker 3: We'll take it. Yeah, what was your episode? I've been I've just been.
Speaker 2: I just got into one of the last ones of the series, right.
Speaker 6: I think, Okay, I'm not gonna lie to you. I didn't watch.
Speaker 3: That's probably for the best. That's for the best.
Speaker 6: Didn't watch. I think? Are there three seasons?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What is your character? What does she do?
Speaker 7: I small part, I like kind of that chame Kristin Davis like kind of but not she interprets it as that, and then.
Speaker 3: Oh, are you walking at the store when she's shopping for the outfits?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yes, okay too, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yea, yeah, You're like kind of like maybe this cut would be better, and she thinks you're like you know that shape, yeah, small outfit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, that was I mean, Sex and the City was everything growing up. And also I lived in New York City for so many years. I'm sure like you guys that it's like it's kind of just a part of who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a woven into the fabric, you know. Oh my god, we've really wait, you've made a movie.
Speaker 3: You made a movie. Let's talk about Yeah.
Speaker 1: I made on this movie on your IMDb called BB and you're credited as a producer. Also, but also we noticed that friend of the Pod Tammy Blanchard is in your movie.
Speaker 3: A friend of the Pod.
Speaker 1: She came on our podcast and was a real character. We loved talking to her, Like spelled.
Speaker 3: A lot to me.
Speaker 7: Oh she was nothing less. No, she is so outrageous. She would come she didn't and I'm not saying this is a cut. She would come on set make up every word that she said, and it was wonderful.
Speaker 6: She was so good in it.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I I So I wasn't actually brought on as a producer until I was the lead of the movie. And then I was it was about me, a woman, and there was only men at the top, and I was like, this doesn't actually make sense, And so I inserted myself in a lot of ways, and then finally I was like, I think I should be a producer, and they were like, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for yourself, get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yes, but that happened. It's a little bit of a slow burn. But it is a psychological thriller if you're into such a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our listeners, I would say, love psychological thrillers.
Speaker 3: I love them. Where can we watch.
Speaker 6: It anywhere that you rent movies?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool? Yeah it might be.
Speaker 6: It might be available to like watch with ads somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't actually to buy our own demons must confront a relentless stalker.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah. Someone.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about this the other day because someone was like, have you seen this episode? Whenever it came out?
Speaker 7: And I hate watching stuff and I for a lot of reasons. But in the movie, the producer came up to me and Bebe and he was like, hey, you know, if you have like a double chin in one of the takes, you want me to just do this? And he patted his chin and I was like, no, if for whatever reason, I'm going mentally insane and I have a double chin, I think that's supposed to be there, and so I just I yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: That's so few people can look flawless while they're having a mental breakdown.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Also, that's crazy to expect that. That feels like a really terrible movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's another reason.
Speaker 6: Also I inserted myself at the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these guys are really clue wild times wild?
Speaker 1: What what else? What other things do you have like coming up? Do you have stuff? I have stuff. I think I saw you had like some upcoming projects.
Speaker 6: But yeah, no clue when they're going to come out.
Speaker 7: But I a sci fi thriller called Heartworm is going to come out at some point.
Speaker 6: And then actually I think you know John.
Speaker 7: Rudnisky Yeah, okay, yes, care do you too?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've met before. He's done my show.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, he's insane and I love him, but he's psychotic and I'm doing I did a movie with him and that is coming out. No idea when.
Speaker 7: But it's called Handle with Care and that's a rom com. So okay, it's lighter, which is fun.
Speaker 3: Are you two love interests?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's my husband. We are like the comedic best friends. Okay, of the lead couple gets a divorce and so we like helped them through.
Speaker 2: It okay, hell yeah, yeah, I love John, but he is oh I know, Gina brilliant too, but he is always going through something mentally.
Speaker 6: I was supposed to call him yesterday and I forgot so sorry.
Speaker 2: Kind to break up hopelessly and love panicked about what's next.
Speaker 3: Always work, yeah, always.
Speaker 7: And he like he'll be like, I'm never gonna get a job again. I'm like, John, you have two things that you're filming right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like that's insane.
Speaker 1: This was great, Thank you so much, thanks for having talking about your time on sv and definitely we'll see you back on the show again.
Speaker 3: They're not afraid to They're not afraid to bring people back.
Speaker 6: I have no clue when these movies are coming out, but I'll post them on my Instagram. Underscore on just great epage, Yes my Instagram. Yeah, can't get rid of those underscores quite yet.
Speaker 7: So one day loved her, loved her.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to call her Lizzie, but we didn't.
Speaker 1: Really clear that Lizzie p Yeah. No, she was great and wow, yeah she got to. I mean when you see her wedding dress on her Instagram, I think we saw it, Like you're like, yeah, I could see why you hated the one that you had to wear in the show. It was not not fashioning more bridal.
Speaker 2: But I know, I wonder if they had it in their storage or something. It was kind of like glitter off the shoulder of a of a bygone era.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it is fun to get to be on the stand run out of a church.
Speaker 3: She got to do so much.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you know that one of the New Orleans convicts is still on the lamb?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like one hundred and twenty plus days. Wow, that's pretty exciting. I mean, he is a it's a double murderer guy, but maybe he killed the right people.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you're you've been watching a lot of dexter.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I have to, like I have to talk it over in my head to justify how much I love jail breaks, even though the killers.
Speaker 3: Even though killers get out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if your eye lamb this long, this is I bet it's one of the longest ever.
Speaker 3: Like, I bet he's out there might be.
Speaker 1: A say, one of the longest ever for like modern times, because like back in the day, I feel like people used to like Ted Bundy got out and was gone for a few days. I mean, like you're maybe even a few weeks. Like people used to get out and then get returned later, but now I think with like credit cards and ATM machines and CCTV and like all them.
Speaker 3: Mon.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like three months is a really long time to be on the lamb unless he got out of the country somehow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope he got on a boat. That's like what I hope for him is he got on a boat. But I don't know how he could have planned it. Maybe he stole a boat, but then that would have red flags, like I don't know, well, because it's not like you can go to your friend's house.
Speaker 3: They're watching your friends.
Speaker 2: I bet Oh I got a tattoo in Denver too, Oh you did. Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing. I got a yin yang. I'm white, but I like it, but as little rainbow dots. I don't know if you could cut. Yeah that's cute, that looks great. Yeah, just a quick tat and have you know, because I hadn't gotten tattooed.
Speaker 3: In a while.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, it fucking hurt, dude. Ooh, It's like it's it's like waxing. It doesn't get better just because you're doing it all the time, you know, it's always sucked.
Speaker 2: No, it actually felt worse. It felt like, oh my god, am I never going to get another one again?
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh I will empty threats.
Speaker 2: I just want hand tattoos, but I know I can't get them and it drives me crazy. But anyways, this guy might be hiding out in some sort of farm, like I don't know, did he have a planned where their letters?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Was he just part of this kid? Like you know so many questions to be able to survive. Yeah, might be for that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like he might be living just like in the woods. But then what are you doing killing animals for food? Like I don't know what, what's this?
Speaker 3: Find a cabin and you slip the throat of whose it is?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Always possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our brain is so fucked.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I say things so casually, but I guess they are.
Speaker 1: Someone was trying to tell me how like they were reading a book for book club and like it involved something about like child harm, and they were like I might not be able to keep reading this, and I was like, I was like really.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, I have a podcast about lon order Resvu, Like every single week I read about child arm like pretty much, and like I was like, imagine if I was just like, I actually can't do this one. It's hitting me too hard, like it would be every single fucking episode. But I'm a different I mean, people are built differently. But let's like, well, it's kind of like Benson says, it really never gets easier. They all just stick with much like a tattoo. Much like a tattoo or getting your vagina waxed, it doesn't get easier to read about harm against children. But I would not I would not not stop reading a book.
Speaker 2: Instagram is shoving down my throat this like at home bikini laser machine, and I'm like, uh uh, I don't think I can handle it, but I won't.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're they're they're shoving it down my throat.
Speaker 1: There's so much stuff that they're shoving down my throat online and I bought. I bought one thing on Instagram that I then hold our friend will to buy and then immediately was like, don't buy it.
Speaker 3: It's from China. I got it. It's bad. Don't get it like it.
Speaker 1: I've only gotten duped on Instagram like twice, once buying one of those folders that's supposed to be like your death folder, and it's supposed to be like this super organized way to like put your like put your documents and like passwords and everything, you know, and it came like literally something I could have gotten at a dollar store.
Speaker 3: It was like so bad.
Speaker 1: And then I also got Rosy a moon from China, like a moon that lights up when she was obsessed with the moon, and it broke in like a day.
Speaker 3: Was awful. But no more.
Speaker 1: I will not do any more Instagram. Will not get duped by Instagram anymore.
Speaker 2: If anyone is buying this like purple laser bikini thing, please let me know how it feels.
Speaker 1: Listen. I would not get it. I don't think anything like that on Instagram is going to work.
Speaker 3: If it was.
Speaker 1: Real, there would be like celebrities or like people that they paid a lot of money to telling you like this, Wow, this actually fucking works. I feel like and even that is a stretch, Like I don't think something that is gonna work personally, But.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You think if there's no celebs, it's not.
Speaker 1: Real and paid reviews like I just don't not no celebs, it's not real, Like I would want you to have one personal friend that you know, tell you I got this and it rocks, like I don't you know, and then like I mean, it is sort of like if a celebrity is willing to like put their name on a product like that, I almost feel like they've tested it or like there's been you know, like that that is crazy precedent because like Oprah's put her name on shit that is bullshit.
Speaker 3: But like I'm saying, at least for Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so funny. You know, I want a ce ipl device. I mean it comes with safety glasses.
Speaker 1: Okay, which I do wear when I get lasered at the laserer place. Like I mean, I go to a laser place that's that's very like reputable and good and it's so cheap.
Speaker 3: But that's here, so I don't know. Oh well, she's putting it on her face. Oh my god, I would not do that. I would not do that. Oh no, no, no. But I have gotten my upper lip a lasered and I love it.
Speaker 1: That's my Anyway, let's get to the post mortem episode we have to.
Speaker 2: I feel like that the ads for hair removal stuff have body hair on them.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I'm not to notice that was Yeah, like a razor going down a smooth leg. You're like, what what is this? No, the hair is out, and I'm kind of impressed. I'm impressed. It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: So that's good. What's next? Real blood in period commercials?
Speaker 2: Will say, I just saw online that it wasn't just in the commercials that they truly were doing the testing of the pads and tamps with water and saline, which makes sense where they're always leaking all the goddamn time. Yeah, that's crazy. They only switched it like two years ago. That's insanity. Yeah, it's really it's fucks up. Bottom line of this episode.
Speaker 1: I feel like, if you want my post mortem review, a post mortem review.
Speaker 3: I mean, so it is wild.
Speaker 1: I feel like we really barely get a fucking motive from this guy except that he's always wanted to have his happy day and didn't get it. It's like very like it just that doesn't it doesn't really click for me. But in the Jennifer Wilbanks case, I do. I am very interested in how it was so quickly blown up, mostly because she's a white woman, and they'll blow up the miss a missing white woman case so bad. And then also if a miss if a missing white woman does something bad, it also gets quadruple blown up like if it was if it wasn't real, it's even worse. So this this lady, like, I mean, she shouldn't have made up this story. It was a racist accusation. And I don't think her life was ever the same. I don't think she ever could have known that it was gonna happen, what was gonna happen when she just boarded a bus to Santa Fe because she was scared about having a six hundred person wedding at a country club.
Speaker 3: It's a lot, it's.
Speaker 2: A lot of food, and I'm sorry to all of those if you sense some suffering underneath my voice and the intro and outro today. But I am trying my best. I have a lot of liquids around me. I did order food. You know, I'm trying. I'm really trying. Oh gosh, yeah, I think my bodega knew I was having a hard time too.
Speaker 3: My bodego used to know I was having a hard time.
Speaker 1: When they would deliver food to me, and they were on the corner like they were I'd be like, you need to bring it upstairs, like I cannot leave my apartment. I'm sorry, but yeah, this episode we get Rollins and Careesy coseplaying as themselves as rich people having a wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't know they were Canutai. They're cute.
Speaker 2: They really, I really really like their relationship on the show. We've never really had that before, I don't think.
Speaker 1: As we're recording this, it's the season twenty seven premieeres tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So oh my god, wait, did you dive in? Did you see?
Speaker 2: I see his daughter on the on the fashion and then hell I shared it over.
Speaker 3: I shared it to our I shared it to our instrument. God, I was like that. So she's in a Nike Kids fashion show.
Speaker 2: So Chanelle walks she's so cute, and then the girl that's supposed to go after her is like younger and shyer and like won't go, and so Chanelle grabs her hand and walks her down and like helps her pose at the end, and I just thought that was sweet.
Speaker 1: It was like, it's like sweet, but it's also just like they're raising such a good person. That's such a good person thing to do. Yeah, you know, like she's just like a great little soul. I love her, Chanelle, come on the pod. What are you gonna get her in an episode? I feel like she should be in an episode where she's just like I saw the man go that.
Speaker 2: Way, or she's focusing on modeling. Yeah, no, I can't wait. Well, I'm gonna try to go to the SVU diner this weekend.
Speaker 3: What's the SVU diner? They're doing press again.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like an SVU Law and Order like pop up diner coffee situation. But it's also Taylor Swift's album is coming out this weekend.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of soul cycle. Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you've got a lot on your list. If you can't make the diner, it's okay, But if you.
Speaker 3: Can, you get no.
Speaker 2: People are texting me they want to take me to the diner. Listen, I'm gonna go to the diner, but I'll have to plan it around my Taylor Swift weekend. I have a lot a lot going on, A lot a lot going on at the moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into this week's what would sister peg do. In light of the fact that the true crime really highlights, you know, missing white women and how that blows up in the media, I think we know that the opposite is true for women of color. So this week we'd like to point you to the Black and Missing Foundation. Their mission is to bring awareness to missing people of color, provide vital resources and tools to missing people's families and friends, and to educate the minority community on personal safety. So to report a missing person, to search for missing person, or to write into their tip line, head over to Black and Missing, Inc Dot com. There's more information on there as well, and you can find that link in our show notes as well as in a story we post the day that this episode comes out, which will be safe forever on our Instagram page, in our WWSPD highlights, and our Instagram page is That's Messed Up pod Go give us a follow.
Speaker 2: And next week we will be doing Ryan from season four, episode thirteen, Taylor Coded, and we're so excited. I guess watch it on Hulu or if you canceled Hulu Peacock or not.
Speaker 3: I don't know, get a DVD.
Speaker 1: I know I didn't cancel my Hulu because I was like, I need it for work, but and Simpson's Trivia is coming up, like I'd be yeah, but then I'll cancel it. Then I'll cancel it, but they put them back on, so who knows. All right, Bye, guys, Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever.
Speaker 3: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: And to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Coottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers, Georgia hard Start Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at exactly right media dub dun