Speaker 1: Alright, our two Sean Hannity Show. Here's a total free number. It's eight hundred and nine four one Sean. If you want to be a part of the program, if we don't have any updates as it relates to the news of the day, if you're just joining us. Charlie Kirk, who we all know very well in this program, Turning Point, USA, was shot during a campus event earlier today at Utah Valley University. Ap is reporting is in critical condition. A man has been taken into custody. We're updating you. We're going to update you on that in a second apparently known to my friend and hosts at KNRS are affiliate in Salt Lake City. We've been friends for decades, Rod Arquette. We'll get to him in a minute. We're also following another shooting story, unfortunately, this one out of Colorado. Multiple arrests apparently have been made here at Evergreen High School in Colorado. At least two students have been injured there, other victims hospitalized, and authorities obviously investigating that we get more details on that shooting, we'll we'll bring you up to speeds as quickly as possible. Anyway we bring back rod our Quette. Rod our Quette and I go back many many years together. We he used to be my boss when I was at the ex Wife station until we made the number one station on KNRS one oh five point nine in Salt Lake. But we've had a lot of good times together, and he knows the area so well and the people are so well. You know. One of the things that always sticks out in my mind about Salt Lake City, you know, rod is I'll never forget. I felt like I was always going back in time. I felt like it was reminiscent and in a good way, in every good way. I remember, you know, being part of a parade one year with one of the Stadium of Fire events, which was, you know, one of the greatest events ever put on anywhere in the country. And and and just walking down the street it's felt like circa nineteen fifties USA. But you know, we've also had, you know, you guys, like every other city and every other area across the country, we're dealing with this crime problem. It's in small towns in big cities. I don't understand the mindset that has led us to defund the police, dismantle the police. No bail laws. Reimagine it's not applicable to this event. But we can restore law and order. I think the President proved that with Washington d C. But then you can't stop evil. And it seems that apparently we have what appears to be the man that took this shot on Charlie is in custody. We've had multiple callers call in a guy in a blue shirt, older gentleman. You have looked at that video. This is somebody. We're not going to mention names that person that is again not confirmed, but is somebody that's familiar to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is. And matter of fact, since we talked originally a few minutes ago, we have noun seen video of a second person earlier being taken into custody as well. So there may be two suspects. The person you refer two, this gentleman who was who we saw initially, and we saw video of him on the ground in handcuffs, police surrounding him, something like this. Then a short time later we saw second video of police hauling a guy into the back of an suv. They've got him by his arms and legs. They're carrying him in this van. He may be the suspect. Now since then, we have learned the university has issued a statement. They're indicating the shot may have been fired from a nearby building about two hundred yards away.
Speaker 1: Knowing let me I can add some context to that because Newsweek is reporting at this hour that the university released a preliminary number details following this reported shooting of Charlie And according to a university spokesman who spoke to Newsweek, Kirk began speaking around one pm that would be local time in Utah. In Salt Lake City, at approximately one twenty pm, a single shot fired from the top of a nearby building roughly two hundred yards away from the venue, which it would not be a far shot for anybody that knows how to shoot a rifle. The university confirming that he was struck. The suspect is now in custody. One other thing we can update you on, and this is directly from the Associated Press, that Charlie Kirk CEO, co founder of Turning Point USA, is in critical condition at a Utah hospital as of now. While going back maybe ten minutes ago, after being shot at a college event, videos posted on social media from Utah Valley Universe the show, Kirk speaking into a handheld microphone while sitting under a white tent and blazon with slogans the American comeback, proved me wrong, and a single shot that seems to be a consistent yes, refrain and report rang out, and Kirk can be seen reaching up with his right hand as a I mean the blood. You can see the video. There was a close There was a video of close up taken and blood gushing from the the side of his neck, stunning spectators. But anyway, continue what you were saying.
Speaker 2: Well and seohn. If if that is the case, and the university obviously has now confirmed it, it would be unlikely that the individual we know would have been on that building. My guess is he's one of these guys who's always in the crowd. You see me, He usually is right up front. So that would lead us to lead the other suspect, who we do not know, and it was to get in custody. That could be the individual who may have fired that shot from the college building. So you know, you've got two people who are taken into custody. One we know, we think we know, the other we don't know. And that's where we stand today. And we're hearing the same thing about Charlie Kirk. He's stabilized, but he's still listed of course in critical condition. And we can all just open pray that Charlie Kirk will be okay because he has done so much for this country and engaging especially young people in politics and talking about the issues. We need voices like him, and only hopefully he'll still be there.
Speaker 1: By the way, this just breaking. And again this is this is not a rush to be first. We're just trying to pass on information as it becomes available. Obviously we can't confirm, but we are using legitimate sources. Now The New York Times, just to be very clear reporting the police have determined the man taken into custody was not the shooter. I'm assuming they're talking about the guy in the blue shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy we know is in the blue shirt. Now, Sean, I don't know if you've seen this, but John Solomon and Just the News is reporting that Charlie Kirk is dead. That's coming from John Solomon with Just the News.
Speaker 1: Pretty god, I've never wanted my friend John Solomon be to be more wrong than now. Yeah, pretty god, that's not true. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: The headline read, Charlie kirk get at thirty one after shooting at Utah event. Three officials confirmed that's what we're just seeing coming across right now.
Speaker 3: Sean.
Speaker 1: I've been getting texts from sources that have been saying this that are credible. John says it's true. When they just talked to him. Yeah, Rod, stay right there, doctor Brian Tyson. Our friend is with us. Doctor Tyson. You saw the video. And then we did have a young girl that was an eyewitness in front of that stage. It's very hard to talk about, and she said that, you know, well, people they started carrying him out, but if you look at that close up video, If you look at the video, you can see that the blood was gushing out of his neck. If you don't immediately stop that bleeding, I don't know how you don't bleed out. And that was my fear from the second I saw that video. My hope was that there might be paramedics there, skilled professionals that would be able to, you know, have triage and stop that bleeding immediately, because that's what it would need, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I look at the video. I've done her medicine for quite some time, thirteen years of it, and it does look like a severe traumatic wound to the left side of the neck, likely involving the common carotid artery and probably even the internal external jugular veins. There was a tremendous amount of blood coming out which would have needed to be compressed immediately in hopes that you know, you can at least tamping on off the continued flow of blood. Unfortunately, the curated artery comes right off the orda and so it's a it's an extremely high pressure vessel, and if it did hit the crodit artery, I'm afraid what you're saying is probably most likely true.
Speaker 1: Did you see the video that I have seen? Have you had an opportunity to see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen it, and I've seen a couple of different angles as well.
Speaker 1: How much time would you have if you were if you were on the scene, and we've been friends a long time, doctor Tyson, if you were on the scene and you were there and you could get right in there, what would you do and would you be able to save him?
Speaker 3: It would be so you you have to put immediate pressure. You've got minutes if if if that with with a wound that size, would I have been able to save him? Not? Not likely. If it hit the card common cordit artery, you have to put a lot of pressure, which would then compromise his airway. You would need to have an intivation. Kid, you'd have to have basically surgeons on site. That's that's a that's a very very traumatic gunshot wound.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When you said, when I saw it, I just couldn't, you know, just common sense takes over and I'm like, you can't do this, you know, you you really can't.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 3: He's you know, we've we've spent time with Charlie on multiple occasions, and I'm I'm heartbroke.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm heart broke to doctor Tyson. I wish somebody like you was there that would have given him, that would give him the best shot. Maybe there was. I'm still hoping upon hope that it might be a chance that he's surviving. Rod. What are people telling you there?
Speaker 5: Rod?
Speaker 1: Arquette will go back to Rod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we're getting Yeah, I'm here, I'm here. Can you hear me, Sean, I can hear you?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we're getting the same information you had we had earlier reports that he was in critical condition and stabilized. But as we just mentioned, John Solomon reporting that Charlie Kirk has died at the age of thirty one. Don't see no other reports come in as of yet. But you know John very well, John's a reliable source, and if he's getting that information, I think we can we can understand that what he's saying is in fact fact. And what a sad, sad day.
Speaker 4: Sean.
Speaker 2: I've never had a chance to meet Charlie, but I know you've been very close to him and have worked with him over the years. And just a very very sad story, tragic day.
Speaker 1: When you hear, you know, from doctor Tyson, and then you look at the video and then he describes how quickly and what you would need to do to survive a shot like that. It is a very sad, tragic day. And this man has done this young man has done so much good in his life. And we're praying upon all hope that maybe this report is not accurate. But it's not looking good. That video did not look good. We're going to take a break. We'll come back well more. Rod will be back with us. We do have people that were at the event. They will share what they saw. We'll have more medical updates, and we're following the news. Charlie kirk shot at Utah Valley University earlier today. Our prayers are with him and his family.
Speaker 6: John Hannity.
Speaker 4: Little friends with Charlie.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Charlie the man for a moment. You might have heard me talking a little bit earlier about how supportive he is of everyone. I'm sure of you, I'm sure of me. He is a family man, he is a father, he is a Christian, a true believer in Jesus Christ. Tell us about the man, you know, Charlie kirk.
Speaker 1: Charlie is a force of nature that some of Fox's coverage. We do have a lot of people calling in and Rod Arquette, who's been very gracious. We've been friends a long time, Rod, and you know, normally we would be joking about, you know, Crown Burger and our fun times together, or the time somebody threw a book at me. It seems, you know, it seems rather small in light of the events of today. If you're just joining us, Charlie Kirk is has been shot during an event at Utah Valley University is a very bad shot. There are reports that he's in critical condition. Just thenews dot Com is reporting that he has passed. We have not been able to independently corroborate it, so I want to be very careful. Newsweek is reporting that the alleged shooter fired from the top of a building two hundred yards away. There is very very graphic video online of the shooting and what is basically blood gushing out of what looks like Charlie's neck. It looks like it hit the carotid artery, which is you know in my martial arts training. It is a targeted strike because of the heavy blood flow in the area. You just had doctor Tyson, Brian Tyson on the program what it would take to save somebody's life if in fact it was the carotid. We got into that, Rod, if you can stay with us. We have Brian in Utah apparently was at the event. Brian, what did you see? Where were you? Brian? Are you there? I guess Brian will put Brian on hold. It looks like he's no, not Rod, I'm looking for I've went to Brian in Utah. Brian, are you there? Brian's not there? Taylor in Utah. Are you there, Yeah, I'm here, Sean. So tell me what you've been hearing and what you saw. And I know this is your alma mater.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I graduated from UVU in twenty eighteen. I was vice president of College Republicans at UVU and I'm disgusted and part of my outrage obviously Rod isn't associated with this, because k and RS is fantastic, But I'm really disgusted with the local media here. They have painted Charlie as white supremacist, this evil person. And I put some of the blame on the local media because they painted well.
Speaker 1: They've been they were saying that in the lead up to this event, or saying it since he got shot.
Speaker 5: No, there were some articles from some of the local media here saying how bad he was, and I put some of the blame on them because that riles some of the very small minority here in Utah.
Speaker 1: You know, you hear this all the time. I mean there's this false narrative, false characterization. I mean the rhetoric on the left about Donald Trump and his family and conservatives. We had, we had Eric Trump on for an extended period today and all that he has been through and his family has been through, and I'm talking about his brothers, I'm talking about his sister, I'm talking about Millennia. By the way, stations along the Sean Hannity Show radio network, We're going to continue our live coverage Charlie Kirk, according to one report, in critical condition. That is our hope at this time. Other news organizations have not followed through on just thenews dot COM's early reporting, and we're just we're just going to hope upon hope that that's not the case. Brian in Utah, I guess was at the university event. Brian, you were there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am here, Sean. Thank you so much for taking my call. It was so just to go back for your asking a moment ago. I was actually worth on the north side of the event, up on the terrace, the second floor terrace. The crowd was so crowded by the time I got there, I couldn't get any closer to the crowd, and so as I was there, I couldn't really hear the proceedings from that far back, and so I decided to go down the first floor and there's a tent that was actually in the videos that were shown on Fox News. As people were starting to scatter, and I was right behind that tent there as a shot rang. So there was a single shot, and there was definitely not a security presence there, hardly except for a couple officers that I saw directly behind and above where Charlie Kirk was standing. I didn't see the impact of the bullets, but it was just chaos and there were people saying I saw him a shot in the neck, and then everyone just started fleeing in into the buildings and then out, and it literally took over ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Did you stay long enough to see, because, I mean it is very graphic the video online of the moment he got shot, and it looked like he got hit in the carott at artery and it was like a gusher, I mean it was I mean, blood was shooting out of his neck, which indicates that he was bleeding out very fast. Did you see anybody attend to him and put pressure on that neck? Did you see any medical attention at all going on? What did they do?
Speaker 4: I didn't see anything, But by the time I heard the gunshot and I was behind that tent area, we were just scrambling. But literally there was not the medical personnel. There was no one there. It took at least ten minutes for personnel where could start where I was leaving and evacuuting from the campus because they were getting everyone out, and I was going across the freeway there on the little pedestrian walkway with hundreds of hundreds of students, and you finally started hearing science coming towards the campus and I saw fire truck and stuff. So it was it was not an instant response either. It took time for emergency personnel to respond and get there. So I and I'm just hoping it's just as much as everyone else out there that hopefully he's okay, but it sounds like you may not be able to just contain to pray for him and his family. And thank you so much for your time, Sean.
Speaker 1: No, thank you for calling, and we really appreciate it. I want to thank everybody in Utah that has called in, all the people that have been at the event. You know badly in moments like this, there are people that like to call in and spoof radio shows as if that's a funny moment to do it. A man, a father, a husband who's only thirty one years old, was shot severely in his corotide artery and we've got to get to the bottom of this. Let me go back again to Brian Tyson. Then we'll check in with my friend Rod Arquette with our affiliate kN RS out in Utah in Salt Lake. Brian, let me go back again, and that's now the second call that we've had of an eyewitness that says there was not immediate medical attention. And based on the video that we have, let's go through this again in detail, what would need to happen and how quickly based on the video that you saw.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, based on a video that we saw, definitely pressure needed to be applied to the open wound immediately. There's three main vessels in the part of the nuts. You have the common carotid artery that runs up to the brain. Then you have the two main internal and external jugular vessels that come down from the brain. You know, in a hopeful world, the we would hope that the bullet missed the carotid artery, and actually what we saw was venus bleeding from a main vessel from probably the external caroate or from the external jugular vein. If that were the case, putting pressure on that area, even even just handheld pressure could be enough to save off any further bleeding at that point in time. That would be the ideal scenario in in a in a instance like this, if it did hit in fact hit the carotid artery, I don't feel like there would be any chance of survival at that point with no medical attention on scene for ten minutes.
Speaker 1: And Brian again walk us through. If you were there behind the tent, you saw what happened, you saw the blood gushing out the way it was, what would be the treatment that you would you would undertake in that moment.
Speaker 3: I mean the biggest treatment is you have to you have to apply pressure, so you wouldn't need to put pressure, stabilize the neck, get in with a get an airway in him as soon as possible, in tobate, make sure that there was no damage structurally to the trachea or anything else with a gunshot room of that nature. Also worrying about maybe you know, data hit the cervical spine or there any spinal core damage, So you have to stabilize the sea spines as well. But you the pressure is the main thing get the vessels, uh to to close tampan on those off if you could, you know, but I mean, you know, medical in the field, it's not like you can, you know, take a needle and tie off an artery. So it's just compression, airway protection ceasepying, stabilization and then getting into a trauma center where the trauma surgeons can then take them to the e R and tie off those vessels and then hopefully the collateral circulation from the other side will take care of the brain and any any of the vital structures in the in the head at that point.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate your expertise, Doctor Brian Tyson. Thank you if you're just joining us. Charley Kirk was shot during a Turning Point USA event. This was an arm Utah. I've been there by the way, It's a beautiful part of the country. The suspect is in facting in custody. I really don't want to spend a lot of time on this. We will in the days to come. But the commentary on the left immediately after the shooting is beyond repulsive, predictably repulsive, and I'm sure you're gonna get right into the gun debate will be next. I'm sure by the time we come on the air tomorrow, I'll be playing things that will shock the conscience and soul of anyone that has one. Apparently many people do not. Rod Arquette is back with us. He has been a long time friend. We've been friends for decades and have worked together for decades. And he hosts the afternoon show on KNRS, that's our affiliate out in Salt Lake. And we've had a lot of fun times and great memories together. And you know, this I'm sure is shaken. You know, the entire state to its core.
Speaker 2: Rod, it has sean you know, like you said, Orum and Utah Valley University is the largest state run university. It has grown, It's gross has been unbelievable. In Utah County is a very conservative county. It is probably the second most conservative county next to down in the Saint George area here in Utah. And you know, there was a huge crowd out there for Charlie today. I want to go back too.
Speaker 1: I need to correct one thing because we were wrong. I did see one report that said that that did get the suspect. The suspect is not in custody. I need to be very clear about that. And the person that was on social media in the blue shirt, who you even yourself recognized and identified, is not the person that is being a suspect in the shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, that's true, Sean. I was going to mention that I want to go back to Sean to comment. One of your callers and one of our listeners made a short time ago about the media here. I remember Charlie, and it was probably about a week ago, maybe even less than that tweeted out in some headlines in various newspapers, and Charlie's tweet was what's going on in Utah? Because the headlines were calling him, you know, you know, a white trams, calling them all kinds of names, controversial, and Charlie tweeted out that, you know, you would think I could come to Utah and get a pretty warm reception, which he got today with a crowd there, but certainly not the events that happened. But even Charlie was kind of baffled the same, what's going on in Utah when I see the media covering the story like this? So I thought that was interesting. Following up the call of that you had just a short time ago, Sean.
Speaker 1: Well, it kind of surprised me. As I said when I debated Rocky Anderson back in the day, I was surprised that Salt Lake had a Democratic mayor. There are pockets of every state that have blue areas, and this is one of them. I'll tell you how repulsive Rod, and I know this won't surprise you. Over at MSDNC, Katie Turr reports apparently there's this guy Matthew Dowd, a political analyst. The Daily Caller is reporting that Dowd argued that Kirk's hate speech inevitably led to him being shot. This I mean, I mean, this is like within an hour of the shooting. This is within an hour. He's thirty one years old. What has he said that's so hateful? You're conservative? You like Donald Trump. He's been one of the most divisive, especially divisive younger figures in this It was constantly sort of pushing this sort of hate speech or aimed at certain groups. And I always go back to hateful thoughts lead to hateful words, would lead to hateful actions. Everything he is saying is hateful, and I can't believe this is where, you know, the minds of some people go. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it, but it is so grossly repulsive that this is how some people think in this country in the middle of you know, a shooting like this. It's only been not that long ago, you know, just a little over a year President Trump was shot. I went to breakfast the morning of the incident at Trump International, which the Whitkoff was now the mid East, the envoy for President Trump. We had breakfast that morning. He was begging me to go play golf. An hour and a half later, I get a phone call. You know, I think they tried to kill him again. And it turned out in that particular case, he did hear rightly, he did hear gunshots, but it was one sharp eyed Secret Service agent that took out the potential assassin in that case. You know. But I'm getting the feeling between the rhetoric and everything in between, it's like there's no limits rotted in terms of what you can and cannot say about Donald Trump or a conservative, even in the mainstream media these days.
Speaker 2: Well, Sean, as you pointed out, and you mentioned this a moment ago, any time you challenged the democratic or the socialistic narrative in this country. Just challenge it with facts and exprain your position. All of a sudden, it's hate speech because you're challenging, you know, the belief that so many on the left have by raising questions and simply Charlie sometimes asking questions, which he did a lot on these college toward you know you're you're Immediately it's labeled this hate speech. I've heard Charlie speak a couple of times. Like I said, I've never met him before. But Charlie isn't about hate speech. Charlie sears not at all.
Speaker 1: He's He's actually a very gentle soul.
Speaker 2: Charlie shares what is in his fiber that makes Charlie Kirk what to who Charlie Kirk kids. That is what he's doing to people and asking them to consider it and to wake up and see what's going on. That's not hate speech in my in my opinion, Sean.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely not hate speech. Stay right there, Rod Arquette, thank you, by the way, thank you Rod for your friendship and all your time today. We appreciate it. Rod Arquette, you know, host the number one afternoon show on KNRSR affiliate in Salt Lake City. Alex Is in Utah was at the event with his wife, Alex, What did you see?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna try to keep my composure first and foremost, Sean, I'm been a great fan. You're a hero to a lot of us here in Salt Lake City, definitely mine, all the way back to even the beautiful Rush Limbaugh. But we were there, so we watched Charlie come out and he teasingly joke started having out hats and I made a reference to my wife who was right there. They give her a hat because she's four foot nine, right up front, and he did so kindly, and he is a general soul, like you say, and literally right after the first debate, I wouldn't even consider it a debate because it was one of his fans, that's LDS. They had a discussion about the church, so on and so forth, and there was a little bit of you know, differences there, and Charlie even said flat out numerous times, I don't hate Mormons. I love Mormons. They're great people. There's nothing against someone. I don't want anybody to speculate that's I'm talking any garbage about Mormons. And it was a great opening debate, and literally as soon as the gentleman walked off, that's when I heard what I thought was a firecracker. And as I look up, my wife is trying to take a selfie of Charlie right there next to her, and that's when I seen the blood and hit him right in the neck and it looked like confetti, but it was his shirt. So I tackled my wife down and just laid on top and it did. It seriously. Took minutes to even get the ambulance's area. It was probably five ten minutes before I heard the sirens. But the only thing I pray, because he sees a great father of two beautiful girls, that his security was right behind him and was able to, from what I seen, grab him and pull him off stage and apply some pressure. But other than that, I've getting the mixed reviews too with him being gone, him still critical condition. So his family's definitely in our prayers.
Speaker 1: I can tell you this, And I am texting with John Solomon and John Solomon just Thehnews Dot. He's a very reliable reporter. He's standing by his report confirming that Charlie has passed. I'm praying that that is not true. I just wrote him, I said, I pray to God you're wrong, and I will. You know, all of us now are living through really tumultuous times here. You know, I'm maybe we get used to it. Our conversation with Eric Trump and he's writing about everything that he and his family have been through. I mean, when you have one family, one man, one organization, you have das, you have attorney generals run on a platform to destroy those people. You know, when did we have have attorney general? Attorneys general run on a platform to get one family, one man, one organization. But that's what they have done, and the left has accepted this. At no point would the left ever even speak up and say, no, mar A Lago is not worth eighteen million dollars, that's ridiculous. You know, a minor for rusal of real estate and Palm Beach, Florida would show you that, Yeah, that's what. That's an insanely undervalued property. It's worth well over a billion. But they didn't care. And and that tells you a lot about how crazy the left has become. This, you know, for them, for people on on ms DNC is you know being reported to immediately you know, start blaming the victim here, you know, suggesting you know, Charlie Kirk's rhetoric made him a natural target for violence, and concluding his remarks is hateful thoughts lead the hateful words, which lead to hateful actions, you know, somehow kind of justifying it. And then you kind of put it all together with all the conversations we've been having about law and order and safety and security and and why there's this callousness you know on the on the left, and and why they cling to defund dismantled no bail laws and reimagine the police. And you know, we are living through very tumultuous signs. And if you know what what did Brian Humpty dumpty Steltz suggest. You know, we were talking about the case of this young woman that was killed on this train in Charlotte, North Carolina. Oh, baldly racist. I'm like, what are you talking about? Ye have a young woman, a Ukrainian refugee, Irena Is, you know, just gets on a train, sits down, looks at her phone and is brutally murdered. In what We're supposed to just accept that and not talk about it like the rest of the media they're living in very dark, dangerous times. You know, I've I've not spent I'm sorry. What are you saying in my ear? You Trump's statement, President Trump's statement? Uh oh, I don't know if I want to read this. M I'm looking at it. Okay, John Solomon was right from President Trump, the great, even legendary Charlie Kirk is dead. No one understood or had the part of the youth in the US better than Charlie. He was loved and admired by all, especially me, and now he's no longer with us. Milania and my sympathies go out to his beautiful wife, Erica and his family. Charlie, we love you. I never thought John Solomon was wrong. I was hoping upon hope brought arquet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, John, I'm just seeing it as well, posting up on Fox News a saban from the President. Saint Charlie Kirk is dead, and I think we're all in a state of shock. Sean, right now, I mean this young man, he's thirty one, married two beautiful little girls, how doing what he loved to do, talking to the American people, answering their questions, sharing his views on what he believes what America is really all about and what we should be striving for, put together an unbelievable organization. Turning point USA the conventions. My guess is, Sean, you've been there. I never have been, but you've been down to one of them, and I've spoken at them. You know, I'm seeing a picture right now of him and his wife and one of their girls at a baseball game, beautiful smiles and I just saw that come across too, and we're all in shock. And you're right, John Solomon had this right, John, he knows what he's doing. And as he shared this information, it took us a while to process and to get the word out, but the word is out now that he is dead after the shooting.
Speaker 1: Mike question thirty one years old, thirty one years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, My question now, Sean, is the search for the suspect because the university has indicated they do not have a suspect in custody right now, So what is that process? Like, we have a lot of connections down in Utah County with a sheriff's department. We're going to try and follow up on that, see what's going on with that. But truly a very sad day here and your Donna. I think around the country for a just a brilliant young man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was life all ahead of him. I mean, Fox is showing the most beautiful pictures of his wife and his children, two beautiful children that will not know this. This young man that was full of life. I've had some of the best conversations with him, and I don't know why. I mean, but he always was so respectful to me. Inasmuch as you know you've been doing this a long time, I need to pick your brain. I want to talk to you about this, and I'm not going to get too into the personal conversations we had, but he he just really loved people that had been in the movement a long time, cared about it, wanted to get everything right. That that was really the one of the larger discussions that we had ongoing. And you know, and how did you how have you survived this long? He would ask me questions like that, Rod, I didn't hear what you said in my ear, Linda, you have to say it.
Speaker 2: I can tell you how five. You're tenacious man. You are a bulldog. You won't give up. You'll stay in there fighting, just like Charlie Kirk was doing each and every day. I mean, you have to just keep on going. You have to stand up for what you believe in. And times are tough. You've been through them. I've been through them, certainly Charlie today and what has happened to him. You just have to stand up and fight for what you believe in. And I wish more people in this country would do a Sean. I think sometimes we're a little too easy and we need to stand up and say enough is enough in this country.
Speaker 1: Rod Urcutt, you've been a dear friend. I know you have your show and you've been so gracious with all your time today. We really appreciate it. We are taking calls for people that were at the event today. We can confirm Charlie Kirk dead at the age of thirty one. He has a wife and two young children that survive him. Our prayers are with all of them, and from just putting on truth social the great, even legendary Charlie Kirk is dead. No one understood or had the heart of the youth in the US of the United States of America better than Charlie. He was loved admired by all, especially me, and now he's no longer with us. Melania and sympathies go out to his beautiful wife Erica and his family. Charlie, we love you. We do not have a shooter a suspect if I don't even know if you can get it online anymore. But the initial video that came out that was up close, it was there was somebody very close to me that is involved in medicine that called and said, you cannot survive that. And I looked at it and I just wanted I didn't want to believe it. This was a young, thirty one year old young man had his entire life ahead of him. The conversations we've had, he was so hard working, so smart, really believed in everything that he said and fought hard for his relief. You know, young family, wife, two young children that will never know their hero father. Somebody that was willing to put himself at risk at all times and go into hostile environments for conservatives, which I'll be honest, I'm like, I remember one time I joke with him, I said, why these people are crazy? He goes, That's why I go. God speed, Charlie Kirk. Our prayers love thoughts with him, his wife, his family will continue our coverage on the other side.