Speaker 1: I'm sorry's Maxie and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 2: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 3: You're still Philadelphia. Seventy six Ers postgame Show presented by Park's Casino.
Speaker 1: Pat Baby to beat on the back Dune against Weapony on a power filet fliups of the.
Speaker 3: Seventy six Ers postgame Show right now on ninety seven to five, the fanatic.
Speaker 1: We're back here in Los Angeles, a final score of one hundred and ten to ninety eight, as Paul George exchanging pleasantries with some of the fans here, maybe some of his old friends in Los Angeles. And the Clippers win the game by twelve, but they really dominated in the second half. They led by as many as twenty two, but the game was tied at fifty seven, and the Sixers actually led after the first twenty seven to twenty four. And again the first half featured fourteen league changes and nine ties. There's a few areas, I mean the turnovers again in the end, and the Clippers they had a rash of turnovers late. They finished with nineteen. That's not I would say when their regulars were in there they had maybe fifteen, but the Sixers had twenty. And again their young guys turn it over too. But here's a difference. The Clippers scored twenty seven points off the Sixers turnovers and the Sixers scored fourteen off of the Clippers turns. So that's thirteen points plus thirteen the differential favor in LA. They also made five more threes, right, so that's a big difference. Fifteen points from three pointers that the Sixers did not get. The Sixers shot fifty five percent, but they just could not, you know, play efficiently enough. George had eighteen. He only played twenty four minutes. Maxie. They covered Maxie well. I thought tonight five or fourteen in the end, the Sixers with a loss, and now through seven games they're one win and six losses and they've lost two straight here on the road. Matt Murphy has joined us. He's out here as well. He's alongside and Matt will have our postgame coverage, which coincidentally is brought to you by Parks Casino and Murph. Just a tough second half for the Sixers and it led to defeat here tonight at the brand new into a Dome.
Speaker 2: And Maxie he goes out of the game after three quarters with the hamstring, so just kind of piling on at that point. I thought Paul George looked mostly good, but wasn't really playing that much in the third quarter, with the exception of a couple minutes at the start of that third quarter. The Clippers went on a big run there. Ubra and Caleb Martin kind of went on their own little mini run as a duo, but it just wasn't enough. I mean, some hot shooting for the Clippers coupled with the points off turnovers number was really what I had identified too, and we talked about it all night on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Paul George one thing I've noticed, and again, like you've seen him over the years, but now when you have him on the Sixers, just see him well, not nightly, but twice already in a little bit in the preseason. He's able to score. You know, he is long and he's able to score. Wouldn't guard it. That's a really rare trait. But he does that with efficiency as again he was seven of nine tonight.
Speaker 2: Even some shots in when I see some of practice or some have shoot around and the coaching staff or his teammates will see a shot that Paul George maybe makes a three over somebody contested, they kind of like shake their head or like their eyes get wide, like that's the type of player that we're talking about that the Sixers have for the foreseeable future. It was obviously going to be a homecoming with the crowd and to see and they did Boo and the Wall and all that, and he handled it as you would expect a savvy veteran All Star player to handle it. It's just that turnover number what we talked about. That's Nick Nurse points that out to you all the time, the points off turnovers. Every time you guys talk pregame, they've been good at it. He wants to see them score more, and then they they it went the opposite way. It was the Clippers doing all the scoring in transition, so they came in top three, though, like the Sixers have been doing it. Well, what do you think that is? They've been scoring a lot of points off turnovers, but it's still something just not converting as many as the coach would even like. So he's happy with the defense, but he's not happy with the transition offense.
Speaker 1: Right because you want to convert. You know, again, like I said, you've done the hard thing when you turn the other team over. It wasn't as big of an issue tonight. Fourteen points is not the end of the world. It's that the Sixers were just not that great in the area of turnovers, and you know, in a low scoring game, it's difficult to generate offense. Ninety eight points that's a big part of it, where you know, you turn it over twenty times, you're losing all those possessions. They came in all sorts of variety like travels and just oh missed his man off his leg. At the start of the game, Caleb Martin was out of bounce twice. You know, one was a little bit of a while pass by Paul George. But that happened so much. You know, like I said, like you're taught to space as an offensive player, be outside the three point arc. Well, you get into the corners and if you don't side step, if you backstep, and you know teams, players from all around the NBA do it. You even see it in college a little bit. So that's you just got to tighten up and really police that a lot better. So a frustrating game. Certainly at halftime you felt like another winnable game for the Sixers. But boy it turned quickly in that second half.
Speaker 2: Fifty one to fifty one became one, ten ninety eight, a win for the Clippers. Here into a dome, did you like the wall fans?
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, the wall was you know, as you said right when we got here, like if your team shooting away from it down the stretch. It's it's definitely neat, you know. I mean it's very you said collegiate, yeah, with the newspaper and that it's just like so many of these arenas over the years. And I don't mean to be negative, and certainly the point has been made, but it's been like a little bit of a cookie cutter, right and this is not that for sure, right, Like it's as high tech as you coming. Again, when when a new building comes online, you would expect it to have a little bit of this and a little bit of that, some of the best of from other new buildings like Chase Center, and there's certainly a lot of comparisons there, but this has gone to the next level. Like look at these lights right here that are a part of every seat in the arena, and as we speak, they're blinking red and blue. It's almost like an arena Christmas tree is broken out here. So the wall is neat, It's just it's the back of the house stuff. They have so much space and the planning, uh and even this like that our broadcast location, which you know, but.
Speaker 2: I would say everything's fan first.
Speaker 1: Kate Kate by Kate Scott or she say. But in the end, you can see the game is a little it's certainly a little higher, but you know it's it's okay, like yeah, man friendly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just check all his twitter he shared his thoughts the game about the vantage point. But yes, well, we'll have more on our postgame show. We'll go through the box score, we'll hopefully catch Nick Nurse his postgame presser. But the Clippers beat the Sixers one ten ninety eight here at Into It Dome, and we'll continue on with our Parks Casino postgame show next.
Speaker 3: You were listening to the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpot City Casino.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to our Parks Casino post game show seventy six Ers radio coverage live from Into It Dome in Englewood, California. After a one ten ninety eight Clippers went at home over the Sixers. And here's Sixers head coach Nick.
Speaker 4: Nurse to deny and play the passing lanes, et cetera. And we were just having a tough time getting it out to the next pass or or getting through to crack the pain a little bit. But you know, it just seemed like we, I mean, we have twenty turnovers felt felt like more than that, to be honest. Obviously they they capitalize on a lot of them as well. Twenty seven points off turnovers was just too many to give up. But mostly it was just you know, athleticism and physicality. We couldn't really get get the ball moving very well. We couldn't get by them either. Yeah, he just had some hamstring tightness and they'll check it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for you potentially trying to keep.
Speaker 4: I mean kind of set that set that thing at twenty five ish, twenty five to thirty ish, right and see how the game's going. I think the way the game was going, he was getting a lot of attention, lots of double teams, all those kinds of things, and and just just probably didn't want to in that circumstance just run him, run him too much further would be would be that. I mean, listen, he had some he had some obviously some some good buckets and and played some pretty good defense at times as well. But again he's he's still you know, working his way back in conditioning wise, to keep the minutes down.
Speaker 6: Knowing that this is a long season obviously, and you guys, you guys are just you know, six or seven games into the season, but even still, is there a point where you guys like, hey, we gotta get going, We have to you know, start getting some positive results there.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, one hundred. I mean I think I think that, you know, I've said this a couple of times, is we've got to play better, right, like, like, you know, we played really well in in Phoenix but come up on a on the short end of a tough, tough ending of a game. But you gotta I mean, you gotta get nothing from that other than you're playing better, and that's you're hoping you're taking a step in is the right direction, but kind of take to too forward and two back right tonight.
Speaker 5: So we got to develop.
Speaker 4: Some consistency and and play a little better.
Speaker 5: People up.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't have any idea at this point, but we're just cautionary, really precautionary, right. He's he was feeling a little bit and it was again a type of game that was not that much of a reason to try to push it through tonight. But we'll we'll check it out tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Looking like a well jumping out all.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 4: Very good luck, not very good luck, right, but we gotta we gotta hang in there and still find a way to compete and and and play better. Yepkay, Yeah, Well we really liked him right, really good all around player. You know it does, does a little rebounding, does a little passing, play some decent defense, can can spot you with the three, and he was you know, he was a big part of a lot of things last year. He's the guy that could find you well a lot inside because of his size and passing ability. Was a was a great late game decision maker as well out there and always a great leader and great in the locker room.
Speaker 5: Yeahs as the last games, I guess you get over the resident or random.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we're we're we're certainly, uh we've talked about it a little bit, and we're we're trying to get him to be a little bit more physical at the start of plays instead of at the end, because I think they're allowing some pretty good hand checking and bodying out on the floor. But then once they get past at a certain point, you kind of got to get your hands up and show them instead of instead of reaching down or or whatever they're gonna they're gonna call those kind of the starting drives is physical, the ending drives, you gotta we've gotta be a little bit smarter. He had some tough ones tonight.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: He got he got pushed into a screen a couple times and got hung up on a hold and a lot of times those holes they catch the second guy, right. He had some tough ones tonight. All right, thanks everybody.
Speaker 2: Sixers head coach Nick Nurse on the Parks Casino postgame show after Paul George's return to Los Angeles Part one, They'll play the Lakers Friday, but return to the Clippers their new arena into it Dome and unsuccessful return one ten ninety eight Clippers get the victory. Sixers fall to one and six. On the new season, Clippers hit five hundred at four and four, still without Embiid the Sixers. Tyrese Maxi was mentioned there in one of the questions. It may not have been picked up towards the front end of coach Nick Nurse's post game, but he mentioned a player with a hamstring injury that they were just being cautious with. That was Tyrese Maxi, who did not play in fourth quarter of this game. Twelve points in thirty one minutes here in LA the Intwoit Dome, the newest arena in the NBA. It's an awesome one. We were talking about it all night. But the Sixers drop another one, one ten to ninety eight. We'll have the highlights here in a second. Sixers or Clippers have been playing without Kawhi Leonard, so Norman Powell was the leading scorer in the game twenty six points. He made six threes. Paul George, the former Clipper, and Kelly Ubre both at eighteen to lead the Sixers. Andre Drummond had a game high ten rebounds with nine points, filling in for embeat in the starting lineup as he has all season, and then assist wise six apiece for Powell and James Harden, the former Sixer running the Clippers offense. Matt Murphy here with our Parks Casino postgame show. Both teams shot almost fifty five percent. It was fifty six point nine for LA fifty four point eight for Philadelphia, but three point difference was huge. Twelve of twenty eight for the Clippers forty three percent compared to just seven of twenty five for the Sixers twenty eight percent. Coming off a game where they made twenty took fifty one threes, so that's a huge disparity. And they missed eight free throws eleven of nineteen while the Clippers went sixteen of nineteen at the free throw line.
Speaker 1: But let's hear.
Speaker 2: How this one sounded, as called by Tom mcguinnis here at into it dome the Sixers and the Clippers in pg's return, and let's start with James Harden. One of his six assists, he finds Aviza Zubats.
Speaker 1: Harden lot to Zubats a sup puts an end with a swam. What a dish by Harden. Zubats, I don't know if you could get there. Looked awful high, but he got it and crashes in with a nale Yuke Jim.
Speaker 2: Later in the first quarter, Harden had a three quarters court lob that was very impressive to Kai Jones, the former Delaware blue Coat. This assist to Zubots was much earlier a six ' five game. Paul George got off to a really good start for the Sixers, who started the same starting lineup of Maxi, George, ubre Kleb Martin and Andre Drummond. He was getting booed but he he came out and shot the ball really well. In fact, he didn't He ended up not missing in the first half that included a perfect two for two from three point range. This one launched to tie the game at eight by to shoot boy. They're getting late into these class. Coach Nurses not happy with the executions PG.
Speaker 1: For Tredy Cannon over Derek Jose Junior George with his second field goal. They're both threes eight eight, and ironically enough, that's the number that George sports on the front and the back of his Uni eight eight.
Speaker 2: He number eight is coming off the left knee bone bruise sustained er in the preseason. He ends up only playing twenty four minutes tonight. Hat into it. Tom eighteen points on seven of nine shooting two for three from three and p F two for two at the line, with seven rebounds and three steals for Paul George. Harden, on the other side, had eighteen of his own on five of fifteen shooting with the six assists. Zubats who was the first highlight fifteen points nine rebounds in the middle for La Tyrese. Maxi would, as we said, exit this game early. He did not score until late in the first quarter, but when he did, he started racking them up. And this one was the hoop plus the harm.
Speaker 1: Here's Maxi double a right, he lay up good, got it by Jones. He goes flying out next to the stanchion, went down hard, helped up by Yabusele and Martin, and Maxi seems no worse for the wear. But man he tumbled.
Speaker 2: He would tack on the free throw to make it twenty three twenty or twenty four to twenty, and the Sixers took a twenty seven to twenty four lead into the second quarter on the road. Maxi's night ends with twelve points in thirty one minutes. Again only in the first three quarters of this one, but we're still in the second quarter. We flash ahead to late in the quarter because with the Sixers down one at this point, Andre Drummond, the Sixers center, from way out on the perimeter, in front of his teammates who were overjoyed on the bench watching this.
Speaker 1: Here's upraight for three over Harden too hard, no good. kJ Bartin taps it out to drum Andre Dumming for three. Oh yeah, Drumming, try fact up and good and Drumm now was seven six ers lead.
Speaker 2: It's forty four forty two, nine point ten rebound game for Drummond. They tried to only count that as a two. They end up reviewing it calling it a three, So it was forty four forty two. His first three since the twenty nineteen to twenty NBA season. He snaps an zero for twenty one streak that spanned three plus seasons into this one from long range. You have to go back to his Cleveland Cavaliers days for his last three pointer. And before the half would end though another alley oop courtesy of Harden, and it was to Chester, PA Native Derek Jones Junior Clippers.
Speaker 1: With the ball up by one ninety seconds of the first half, LA play Derreck Jones from Harden. Harden outside right beyond the hash mark, and Jones comes in from the left side. Harden throws it over the defense and Jones jams it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: What a play. Hi theatrical, dramatic alley by Derek Jones. They're up three.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty NBA Dunk Champ from Chester Derek Jones Junior forty nine, forty six Clippers. It was tied at fifty one at halftime. Caleb Martin was fouled and had three free throws before the end of the first half, but he went just one of three's, but it was tied at fifty one heading to the break. After those free throws. Clippers came out of the locker room very hot. Norman Powell was their guy tonight, the leading scorer in the game. This three part of an eleven to two Clippers run to begin the second half.
Speaker 1: Here's a long win by Powell and he doesn't miss. That's good. He's four of six Norman Powell, giving them a six point lead. Fifty seven fifty.
Speaker 2: One, twenty six in the game, six for eight from three. Nick Nurse coached him in Toronto, said when he was at UCLA was a twenty five percent three point shooter. Now he's a forty five percent NBA three point shooter. Huge game for Norman Powell. Third quarter Kelly Ubray and Caleb Martin were kind of on a two man run to counter the Clippers start to this third quarter. The Clippers went up nine again before a seven zero run from Martin and Ubra on their own and this Ubrey dunk assisted by who else but Caleb Martin during a seven to zero run from just the two of these Sixers.
Speaker 1: Sixers down by seven seven minutes ago into ubra oh, Greg Champson on Zubats and Zubots with a foul so the sick you'd love to see a team respond. Nick Nurse will place time out a moment earlier when they got down nine and now the Sixers could make it a four point game.
Speaker 2: They would tack on a Caleb Martin layup to get within two. Martin ends with fourteen points as a starter. Caleb Martin, that is, but he missed five free throws five of ten. Oubre matched Paul George with a team high eighteen points. He shot eight of twelve from the field in twenty five minutes, but a two point game quickly turned back into the clippers favor. They ended up winning the third quarter thirty three seventeen and took an eighty four to sixty eight lead into the fourth. The seventeen points was the fewest that the Sixers have scored in a single quarter so far this season. They were outscored thirty three seventeen in the third and then Powell in the fourth quarter for their largest lead of the night. At the time beyond the arc to stretch the lead to seventeen.
Speaker 1: Powell comes down, rises for three and in on a train position, pulls up to the line over Kyle Lowry. It is big time hoop by Norman Powell and piled out five threes, five of seven and their lead is knowing game highs seventeen.
Speaker 2: Finished eight of ten from the field, six of eight from three to four to four at the line. Powell's twenty six leads the Clippers to a one ten ninety eight win over the Sixers. In Paul George's return to Los Angeles, the Clippers five hundred two in a row into it Dome. They're four and four on the on the season. The Sixers are one and six. Their lone win was the overtime game in Indiana. Before we put a bow on our Parks Casino postgame show. It is just passed the top of the hour, so let's pause ten seconds for station identification.
Speaker 3: Is Sixers backetball ten of six win on NY seven, the Fanatic and Burlington Philadelphia of Beeastley meet a group station.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, Thank you for listening to the seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino. The final score again the Clippers won ten the Sixers ninety eight. Thanks to our producers Tom Alvord and Sean Rodman, and of course Tom McGuinness on the call. The next Sixers game is Friday at Crypto dot Com Arena against the Los Angeles Lakers at ten pm Eastern. Our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network, presented by Jackpot City Casino, will again begin at nine fifty pm Eastern time. The Lakers lost at Memphis earlier one thirty three, one fourteen. They are four and four like the Clippers, but they've lost four to five, all on the long road trip after starting the season three and oh. They were without Anthony Davis and others including Ruey Hachi Mura. Davis leads the NBA in scoring thirty two point six points per game. But until Friday night's coverage, we'll talk to you then. I'm Matt Murphy saying so long from into it Dome. Thanks so much for listening, have a great end to your week. We're back on Friday night, and take care