Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Yo.
Speaker 2: The Patrick and Fall of Fact Day three. Cavino Rich in for the great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: And we're lying from the Ianheart Studios in Atlanta. Be part of history on August second at the MLB Speedway Classic as the Braves tick on the Reds at the iconic.
Speaker 4: Bristol Motors Speedway.
Speaker 3: For the first time ever, MLB hosts a regular season game in the state of Tennessee. As He's open early for a full day of music, food, games, rich singing Tennessee and fan experiences, including a concert stage headline by Jake Owen. Tickets are going fast, so get yours now at MLB dot com slash Speedway Classic.
Speaker 4: How cool is that?
Speaker 3: Once again proving the point baseball's popping and we're going to talk about it. First game in Tennessee. I want to be there, you know, Cavino, that is rich. It's great to be in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to say to all that fucking big dumper, Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Last night, I thought you were gonna say Tennessee again. I was ready to throw shoe ay now.
Speaker 2: I thought last night just proved again, you said it baseball is Poppin'.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to quote Dean Sanders, that's where I got it from. But yes, and it's evident in every way, and we're gonna tell you all about it and why.
Speaker 4: It's the superstars of the game.
Speaker 3: It's them doing everything right from the home run derby to the swing off last night, which I have a few issues and questions with, and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: But a great time, a great game.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to the National League. And we have lots to get to on today's show. On our show two to four on the West Monday through Friday five to seven on the East, we do something called Midweek Major. The biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. We break them down. Are they mid week or major. We're gonna get to that. We'll try to give away some. But we got to talk about our experience yesterday, and just by the sound of my voice, you could tell we were raging and representing, and we were screaming for some home runs because man, I barely got anything left. It's not because we were partying and boozing and schmoozing. Well, schmoozing definitely, but we haven't really had time.
Speaker 4: To party or anything.
Speaker 3: This is strictly from just having fun and talking to people at these experiences. Baseball is back in a big way, but don't call it a comeback.
Speaker 4: It's been here for years.
Speaker 2: But I just went on a little break for a second where this sentiment was like Baseball's boring, Like Baseball's not boring. But there was a minute where I mean, there weren't the big stars. Can I give you the eighties and nineties, and I just feel like, I mean, it goes. It happens every sport. It happened for a minute in the NBA where you go through a decade where it's like we need something things in life. The NBA's about to go through that right now.
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, maybe you're right.
Speaker 3: In life, you're excited as a kid about the holidays, Christmas time, Easter time. Then the kids grow up and there seems to be like a span or a cycle of years where it's just not the same and the magic's sort of gone. Yeah, and then those kids have kids and then all of a sudden, the magic's back. Life goes through cycles, sports goes through cycles. The crop of stars wasn't as exciting as it is right now. These young guys now have brought it back in a big way and we're reaping all the benefits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christmas Eve is not the same when the youngest person in the family is like your twenty year old cousin. Yeah, it's like, hey, we're running Uncle Frank's for Christmas Eve and everything storing.
Speaker 4: Frank's drinking eggnog.
Speaker 3: No one's playing music, you know, he's Uncle bart is sleeping on the lazy boys, Like what happened to the magic of the Holidays.
Speaker 2: Then you snap your fingers and ten years later there's like four or five little cousins or kids run around and the holidays are back in baseball then that you know, that's Otani, that's Judge, that's Lindor, that's polar Bear Pete, that's.
Speaker 4: School Bawl, and you know, go on all day.
Speaker 3: There's so many big names and if you don't know, you need to. And before we get into the swing off, do you want to talk about our experience real quick, because we're going to talk about the All Star Game.
Speaker 4: Dude, we're going to talk about the swing off.
Speaker 3: But we experienced something yesterday, guys that blew our minds Now We have to make it clear. Rich and I have been working together for a long time, so we've done some pretty cool things. We travel a lot, We've gone to Super Bowls a bunch of them, and we love it. We don't take it for granted. We love it.
Speaker 4: But we're big baseball fans.
Speaker 3: And we were asked to get to the ballpark early to interview Zach Brown. Why Zach Brown because he's singing the national anthem? And I have to be honest, I was a little reluctant. I'm not the biggest country guy.
Speaker 2: Can we know, much like most people listening, reluctant to do things. Then once you do it, you're like, I'm glad I did it. It's like your buddy that does I want to go out for a beer and you're like, come on, dude, come on with the one drink. And then once you're out, you're like, oh, I'm glad I came out.
Speaker 3: Now I will say this and we'll get to that story too. Zach Brown's the coolest dude, and Rich is absolutely right.
Speaker 4: I was super pumped to talk to him.
Speaker 3: I'm super pumped about his new album and to see him live and everything. But I'm more of a rock guy, and he told me his new album has a lot of rock in it, so I'm even more excited. But we're at the stadium early to catch up with Zach and we have on field access with our media passes. I'm not sure we completely knew what type of access we had.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we completely deserve this type of access. I'm not sure if we broke rules or not.
Speaker 3: But the point of the story is if you walk around with authority or just sort of like stumble into the places you're not supposed to be, you got to make the most of it.
Speaker 2: And Kavino and I that again, this is not a well we've done cool things, but we've worked in music and sports radio for a while, so we've interviewed most people that we've looked up to, the big stars. But when I tell you, yesterday, the childhood fanboy in both of us came out because we walk on the field, we're sitting in the dugout. I've never done that, and I've never done that, And I was amaging because I said that to my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: When I got back, She's like, you've never done that before. Because we've been doing this for so long, I'm like no.
Speaker 2: Like, honey, I'm not a hot chick, all right, but she's like my girlfriends and I could do that whenever you want.
Speaker 4: Like no, but I guess you.
Speaker 3: Would assume because we've been doing radio and broadcasting and TV for so long.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I've never been.
Speaker 3: Plus, we keep baseball at a distance because we're such big fans and you know, you want to remain a fan. And we were in the Braves dugout and we're sitting there taking pictures. They say, you know, act like you've been there before, but I don't really subscribe to that because I never have been there before. And I'm like, Rich, you gotta take a picture, man, you got to differ.
Speaker 4: Is insane. I've never been in a big league.
Speaker 3: Dugout before, so you're not Immediately I'm sitting there taking it in like Wow, this is their.
Speaker 4: Perspective, Look at this. This is awesome. I had.
Speaker 2: I had to go on the top step of the dugout and just put my arms on the padding to be like, all right, so this is what like we do.
Speaker 4: We all did it.
Speaker 3: You can see a picture on our social media at Covino and Rich because it was the coolest feeling. And when you're sitting there looking out from the dugout, the amount of press. I know, we might be staying the obvious, but when you see it's a different story. The amount of press there is ridiculous, is ridiculous, which just proves how big these stars are, what they have to deal with on the daily, and how immune they are to the fanfare and the hustle and bustle of the press and the media and everything else. It's insane. It's insanity, but all cool goes out the window when you see your baseball heroes.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is about baseball.
Speaker 3: It might be football to you, but you know, we've interviewed I guess more football stars.
Speaker 4: I feel like baseball is more, I don't know, more.
Speaker 3: Of a different scene where it's a private They're not as media friendly or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: But you're there and you're watching the big dumper take batting practice. You're watching Aaron Judge right there. You can go out there and shake their hands.
Speaker 2: And just for the record, Aaron Judge in person.
Speaker 4: Monster. It's even bigger than I thought it would be. Yeah, it made me look like a little person.
Speaker 2: There's again if you want at Colvin on Retch. We posted a little montage of our on field fun yesterday and Aaron Judge is a beast.
Speaker 4: He makes cavino.
Speaker 2: Someone said it looks like you could put it a cavino in Aaron Judge's back pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well guess what. You would look the same if you were standing next to them.
Speaker 3: So it's insane how thrilled we were to be on the field with the biggest stars. Want you to know how exciting it is, because we're fans like anybody else, fans first, but especially with baseball, because as we've described when we talked about the home run derby and our experience this week, it's probably your first love. Not to get all romantic about the beautiful game of baseball.
Speaker 4: Keep your pants on.
Speaker 3: But as a little kid, you wanted to probably be a baseball player. I thought it was wild because then after we're watching Aaron Judge, big dumper, check it out his ass the glabor of love. We watch all these dudes hitting bomb. So you am a narrow So you say hi to jazz CHISHLM.
Speaker 4: I did say hi to jazz chism.
Speaker 2: Cavino's reluctan because he's like, I don't want to meet the guys at root for and then if they're jerks, then I'm gonna be torn.
Speaker 4: I don't think they would be.
Speaker 3: But if I don't get any sort of reciprocation or I feel even the slightest bit of big time by Judge or Aaron Boone.
Speaker 2: Or Aaron Boone was standing five feet from us, and I.
Speaker 4: Go, yo, go say how to Aaron Boone.
Speaker 2: He's the manager of the team you watch every day in Kavino's like Nah, I'm like, dude, he's not talking to anyone, just say hi.
Speaker 4: It goes back to the old saying you never want to meet your heroes.
Speaker 3: And that's why I brought up the point before that you know, we've sort of been there and done that. It's never not thrilling, But baseball stars aren't a different place in my heart. It might be different for other people listening, but when I see those dudes, like you said, the childlike wonderment and excitement comes out.
Speaker 4: And we were all thrilled.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Spotty, our video producer, he grew up a Yankees guy, but not the biggest baseball fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even He was like, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: The access spot, the access we had, the view, the excitement of being on.
Speaker 5: The field for All Stars Day, incredible to your standing. Like honestly I was. I was, you know, backed up against Aaron Boone. I'll say, I was like, right up, you know, watching Aaron Judge h bombs in batting pressice and.
Speaker 3: You're hearing the snap and crack of the bap and you're just watching it fly out.
Speaker 2: There was that when you recommended Darreon Boone that maybe the Yankee should get cotton jerseys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was like, that's a good idea, cotton jerseys.
Speaker 3: But really, Fox Sports Radio Nation, Dan Patrick Show, I wish everybody could experience this. And man, we did not take it for Danny g I was excited to tell you the story because Danny was doing other stuff while we were doing this, and Danny, it really was like a childhood dream come true.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was like kinda take all this in and then somehow again walk with authority. I'm not sure our credentials really allowed all this. We went inside the dugout and let's just say we got lost looking for Zach Brown, oh Man Weld all.
Speaker 2: The other They said, go through the dugout towards the American League Clubhouse and you'll see like the press elevator and.
Speaker 4: You'll we just started roaming and you'll meet.
Speaker 2: Zach Brown's publicist for the interview. We may have taken a wrong turn. I think I saw like players. We made a wrong turn at Albuquerque. I saw players and like they're like getting worked on, like on the stretching tables, and.
Speaker 4: We saw the hole behind the scenes facilities. We walked into the locker room. We walked into the locker room. We saw them getting taped up and everything.
Speaker 2: Spot spot to a couple photos of uh, the bats, and they were just there and I was like, man, sweet bat bags.
Speaker 4: All the bats.
Speaker 3: We took photos of it, like I don't even know if we're supposed to be here, but this is awesome, dude. We were like really in it where they were getting ready and everything, like wow.
Speaker 4: This is nuts, and no one was telling us to leave.
Speaker 3: And sorry, it sounds like we're fanboying out, but that's exactly what we were feeling inside.
Speaker 4: I saw Judge scratches butt. Yeah, Judge sitting there chilling you.
Speaker 6: What's But no Rich none of this was better than when you guys were there to see the first ever swing off.
Speaker 4: Right, We're gonna get to that. We're gonna get to that.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, I will say to wrap it up, to wrap this portion of the of the All Star Game up.
Speaker 3: It was an experience. I'll never forget it. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: If you've ever worked in a world where you were able to get backstage at a concert, that always underdelivers because you're like, well, let's get backstage.
Speaker 4: You're like may.
Speaker 2: And it was like, you know, girls and drugs and craziness. But now if you go backstage at a concert, just a bunch of roadies with ponytails and old smelly dudes set up equipment. No offense. So backstage at a concert.
Speaker 4: No offense. He looked at me, old smelly dudes, no offense to.
Speaker 2: I just don't think backstage is all that awesome. But I will say in the clubhouse, in the tunnels of a stadium of a game, there is a sense that if you're a sports fan, you feel like that excitement like oh wow, this is it happened? We know. It's that feeling of we were all kids that dreamt one day, like, man, I wonder what be like to be a big leaguer, and you, for just a split second, you're like, oh, this is their life, Like there's their lockers.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 2: I don't want to call players, but I saw a couple of players greeting their wives and talking to their kids, like, Hey, what's up, buddy, Dad's got to go play baseball.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing moments I feel like I shouldn't be seeing, and that's really what we're trying to get across.
Speaker 3: It was an amazing experience and just excited to share that with you. Dan Patrick nation FSR. It was so cool that I have certain rules that I broke yesterday.
Speaker 4: Like I don't FaceTime. I don't do it. I don't like it. It's intrusive.
Speaker 3: I feel weird. I'm looking at myself. My nose looks giant when i'm when I'm so close to the phone like that, Like is that what I look like?
Speaker 2: I'm so fixated on me that I hate it. Why you're he you don't like seeing your triple chin. I don't like the angle. I'm like, this is terrible. I'm not calling anybody looking like this. And I hate when people call me because I'm usually just.
Speaker 3: Like being lazy or on the ball or right watching the Yankees or whatever. I'm like, I got a call. I have a family chat. I called the whole family, like, YO, look at me.
Speaker 4: I hit it, Mom, I made it to the big leagues, top of the world.
Speaker 3: Called my girlfriend. I'm like, yeah, look at this. Called my stupid brother.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: Your boys on the field, Guys, we've all experienced some sort of moment like.
Speaker 2: This that was ours yesterday. I just wish that you could have been there. Just a pretty cool special moment. Yeah, we had a share just because it was on our mind.
Speaker 3: It was incredible, So I thank Zach Brown for bringing us there in the first place. We finally leave the field and we leave the dugout and we find Zach Brown in his sweet. So now we're in Zach Brown's sweet and we do an interview that you're gonna see on Thursday on our bonus podcast. Over promised, And he couldn't have been any cooler. I asked him, have any nerves about singing the national anthem? The dude was coolest could be. I couldn't care about it.
Speaker 4: Goes to our conversation yesterday I'm like, aren't you gonna prepare? Or like you're are you sure you're ready for this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like you are trying to push your nerves on Zach Brown. I'm like, I know in my mind, I'm like, why do you think a guy that performs in front of stadiums.
Speaker 3: And arenas, there's like fifty five thousand people here, millions are watching. You're good, buddy, Sure did were talking about this honor off the area yesterday?
Speaker 2: Was this honor off the air yesterday where you were trying to convince me that Cody Rhodes had to be nervous at the home run derby when he came out with the belt and did.
Speaker 4: A little speech.
Speaker 3: It might have been on our Patreon podcast, but I was saying that he had to be prepared. People don't just wing it and show up willy nilly like you do. You know, some people prepare and when you're part of a big event like that, I'm sure he was well.
Speaker 4: Prepared for it. I think you overestimate.
Speaker 2: Look at the Oscars, the Emmys, the Grammys, any award show. These actors are actors and celebrities get up there and they're reading a prompter for the first time. It's crazy how some people just don't have nerves.
Speaker 4: I I don't. I mean I.
Speaker 3: Nerves a good thing. No, it's it's again just being prepared for the moment. If you don't have butterflies, you don't care enough. We've always said that. You hear that all the time when it comes to sports. But it was excitement in the air and it all led to maybe the most exciting moment in All Star Game history. So that was just the start of it, guys. That was just the start of the day. And it was a beautiful day. But it was rainy too for a portion of the day, and people are like, oh, man, apparently here in Atlanta it rains, then it's nice, just like Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well guess what, we're pretty close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it makes sense. But I wasn't sure of that. I was like, man, is it going to continue raining like this?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: The baseball gods made it happen. Cleared up and it was a beautiful day, beautiful night.
Speaker 2: And I always find the intro of an All Star Game the most exciting part. Maybe not this year, but usually I love the player intros.
Speaker 4: The bival of the hometown.
Speaker 2: Gets booed, so you're gonna boo the Phillies and the Mets and the Dodgers except Freddy who gets love here still. But it was It was cool to see the player intros and Welcome to Atlantis playing like everything about the player intros I thought was cool and you said it yesterday. The return of the jerseys, the return of everyone rocking their regular uniform except the one Do you know the one changed? The one difference?
Speaker 4: No, what was it?
Speaker 2: Did anyone else noticed the one difference? While they all rocked their uniforms, there was one little difference. They all rocked all Star hats, but not like just a patch like the Mets wore a blue hat with a with an orange brim. The Yankees judge wore the navy hat with a gray brim like it was a special All Star hat. But besides that, I thought it was cool. I thought it was cool to see all the guys in They're home and away real jerseys, which is cool.
Speaker 3: Now, before we move on and get into the game, does anyone fault me for not going up to the Yankees. I'm Coveno, I'm a Yankees fan. Rich is a Mets guy. But we're baseball fans period. I don't think anybody wants to take the chance of being big time by people a younger than them, because you're at a different place. If you're a kid and you're going up to George Brett or Wade Boggs or Don Mattingly.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Darryl Strawberry, you.
Speaker 3: Know the sort of no shame in that right as a grown man. Boy, you think I want to be big time by Aaron Judge or Jazz Chisholm. No, So I want to keep that, you know, in a distance, give him a vato nod of respect, like that's my guy. But there's no way I want to go up to them and Aaron Boone say hey, I get out of my way.
Speaker 4: Guy, I'm busy. I would be crushed.
Speaker 2: So do you understand or do you say you should have when got a photo? She should have got a photo. I think you should have went to just say hi.
Speaker 6: No, I one hundred percent understand because at the last Super Bowl I walked up to c J. Stroud, remember, and I told him, bro, I'm a diehard Raider fan, and I really wish we had traded up to draft.
Speaker 4: You and great season kid.
Speaker 6: He was with his boys, and he just looked like he was in a really bad moody and't want to talk to anybody. And I kind of stepped back, and I watched the next person walk up to him and say something, and same thing. He kind of iced them too, and I was like, man, I really liked this quarterback.
Speaker 3: But now I was like, and here you are a grown man would have Ryan Lee and but been in this business a long time, and you're like, man, I didn't deserve that sort of treat.
Speaker 4: But look, I see CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud on Sports Center last night doing one of the wish things for a kid who needs a heart transplant, and it was amazing, and he's an amazing guy, so maybe he was just having a bad day. So I guess that's why you can't just judge I would change somebody.
Speaker 4: One time. I would have chalked it up to it's just Danny.
Speaker 6: No, That's what I thought too, But then I saw mice Outh the next person that walked up to him.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, it's not an easy life for some of these young athletes. I mean, yeah, they make the money, fame, girls, all that stuff, but.
Speaker 3: Dude, imagine walking around like Aaron Judge, for example, and he really was the most prominent guy there at that moment. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Yankees fan. He was, and Cal Rowley because he was walking around.
Speaker 2: It's all hard to miss him because he's such a he's such a beast, he's a you can't miss Aaron Judge.
Speaker 3: Everybody he walks by is trying to snap a photo or jump in a selfie with him. And we're talking people in the media, you know, So imagine what the fans do when they see this guy. So you're right, and it makes sense because there was a story about a month ago how Aaron Judge doesn't leave his hotel room on away games because it's just too much. So it makes sense and that was our experience yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting thought though, like when you're a grown man, when you're a kid, it's one thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could be when you're a little.
Speaker 2: Boy and you're like, you know Camello Anthony or whatever, you know, Joe Montana, you could you know, if you get dissed, it's like, oh man, he must have been busy. I'm a kid or something. When you're grown up and you get iced out by another grown up, especially, like you said, someone younger than you. If you're a forty some of year old grown man and you get dissed, you got dissed by some kid that's half your age, you feel like an ass clown.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to take that chance.
Speaker 2: But I will say this. We went out there for National American League batting practice. We were not there for the National League. Had I seen Polar Bear Pede or Francisco Lindor, I think I would have went up and be like, hey man, just a big fan. Yeah, I would have said something because I gave Judge a shooter mcgammon. Is that is that not good enough?
Speaker 4: Well, if you.
Speaker 2: Watch our video when Judge, when Judge is taking VP, he turns around and gives Covino a little hattie the little wave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was filming him during batting practice.
Speaker 3: Again, you could see this footage at Covino and Rich check our instagram.
Speaker 4: We posted it yesterday.
Speaker 2: But to answer the question, much like relationships, if you have a buddy going through a divorce or a bad breakup, sometimes you'll hear him say things like yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm never gonna trust a woman again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all the same, and and you see guys and women get jaded like all guys are dirt bags. And you got to say you can't judge everyone on a couple of crappy people you met, because again, I would have probably tried to approach Lindor yesterday just to say hi. And I have the story of the Ultimate disc. A couple of years back, I'm a big Niners fan. At the super Bowl, you guys all saw this is when people cared about him, Colin Kaepernick, before all the drama. I saw him in a VIP section where we were hanging at an ESPN party. No one was around him, he wasn't busy, he was just like looking at his phone. I took the perfect well timed moment to be like, yo, cap, I'm a big fan. Love what you're doing, man, that's it right, And I go quick selfie and he's like no and walked away, and I felt like, wow, I thought I timed that.
Speaker 4: I thought I played it right. I feel like an as clown. But you know what, nah play it. You didn't sign that right, Nah play.
Speaker 3: I wasn't willing to take that chance, but man was an experience, and then we ended up in some little like area where it was just all these quote unquote important people eating all these delicious meals and it.
Speaker 4: Was catered, Like what is going on? I love all the time invited.
Speaker 2: Nothing is better than finding your place, finding you into an area you know you're not supposed to be in, but no one stops show some sort of baseball park.
Speaker 4: Lounge going on. Everybody's eating, Like, man, this is the good life. I can get used to this. This is awesome.
Speaker 3: And again, Rich and I have been doing this a long time, but that's how great the experience was. And the red carpet was truly out for the All Stars yesterday, and that was just.
Speaker 6: Your vantage point. Then for the swing off, Oh my goodness, I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad you brought that out because it led to maybe the most exciting game.
Speaker 2: We haven't even got to the game yet. We're gonna We're gonna get to that next. Was it the most memorable All Star game ever? Your thoughts on the game? We're gonna get to all that now.
Speaker 4: How was it?
Speaker 3: My friends hit me up, gimmicky. Some of my buddies were saying, dude, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Some people that bitch can plain about everything.
Speaker 2: In fact, there was a fight on one of my baseball group chats yesterday. So we'll go over all the pros, cons, highs and lows yesterday as we hit the midway point All Star Game. Your thoughts, Plus, there's a lot of NFL news today. We're getting closer to the football season, because now that baseball is in the second half, what is life all about?
Speaker 4: Get ready for the.
Speaker 2: Baseball playoffs and the start of the football season. So football Baseball bunch coming up. You got Covino on Rich and for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Hey it's me Rock Parker.
Speaker 7: Check out my weekly mlboat Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes of piping hot baseball talk featuring the biggest names of newsmakers in the sport. Whether you believe in analytics or the I tast We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, So do your solfa favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: It's Covino and rich In for the Great Dan Patrick Live from the MLB All Star Vision in Atlanta, Live from the iHeart Studios in Atlanta, and RAPPI what what?
Speaker 4: What are you gonna say? No, don't one. We'll talk about Rapid radios keep them. Zach Brown playing because I Got a.
Speaker 3: Funny Start is the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show. Push to Talk nationwide LTE coverage service, no subscriptions required. Business owners, stay connected with your employees anywhere. Visit Rapid Radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping.
Speaker 2: Rap it radio, and don't forget. After the show, we'll put up the pot cast. Danny g does a hell of a job with The Dan Patrick Show. Just search DP or Covino on rich wherever you get your pods, you'll see the show pop up rated five stars. Be a friend, Be a Pal. I'm laughing as we play Chicken Fried, Buy her new pal. Zach Brown, Who's going to be doing a residency in Las Vegas for a little while at the Sphere, which is awesome. Covino's best question. I don't want to give away too much of the interview.
Speaker 3: You'll hear it Thursday on our bonus podcast. Over promised. It's on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page, so you can watch the interview or listen wherever you stream. Covino and rich Over promise. But the best you can say, best that you can say.
Speaker 2: Dumbest question ever, he asked, Zach Brown, how do you know when a pair of jeans fits just right? No, I asked him if the ones he was wearing with the pair of those the ones that para jeans fit is something like that?
Speaker 4: Is this guy serious or what? But yeah, you'll hear that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, Covino on rich In for DP your thoughts on the All Star Game.
Speaker 4: Let's get it going.
Speaker 3: Let's go I eight seven seven ninety nine on Foxes the number eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox We got Iowa Sam back at the studios waiting for your phone calls.
Speaker 2: I think one of the cool things and the home run off, But I wonder what I think. It's wild to see guys that during the regular season probably like hate each other because competition. Man, in this moment, they put that aside.
Speaker 3: Hate each other the way they did when we were kids. Yeah, it's all like different.
Speaker 2: It's not like Pete Rose slighting on social media fleets up to someone at all Start gave or something.
Speaker 4: But the proof was in Pete Alonzo and Kylin Schwarberg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like watching watching the Polar Bear pick up Schwarbur And they looked like best bros. And I'm like, they're in the Phillies and Mets. This is a really special night. It really was a special night. And I thought it was cool how they used all the walkout music for the players. And I'm not saying they haven't done that in the past, but it was very clear that whatever your favorite All Stars walk up music was in their hometown, they played it last night. They played Otani's music, they played My Girl for Lindor, like you saw that they gave each All Star the love they deserved, where they don't always do that.
Speaker 3: The beginning festivities, speaking of music, were a lot of fun too.
Speaker 4: Jermaine dupri and Ludacris at the back of j D's jersey said the mayor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really cool man fireworks like it was a show. They really brought the entertainment and I do want to put a disclaimer on our discussions about last night. It's like social media, right, I often question when people post stuff on social media, are they sharing or bragging? Just know that we're sharing our experience and we're super pumped to have experienced it. So we went from being on the field trying to take it in interviewing Zach Brown, to now just enjoying the ceremony, enjoying the fanfare, enjoying the wow, this.
Speaker 4: Is great, and hoping for a good game.
Speaker 2: Now at this point, we're exhausted because we've been up since, you know, seven six seven in the morning doing the Dan Patrick Show, run around doing interviews, getting lunch with MLB people.
Speaker 4: You know, there's some guy in his car like, oh, just to.
Speaker 2: Put in perspective, still had to do our full time stuff at Serious XM.
Speaker 4: So it was a long day.
Speaker 2: So we get to the ballpark, we do all the interviews, the game starts at what roughly eight thirty after all the intros and everything.
Speaker 3: And remember we just came off this super huge adrenaline rush.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.
Speaker 2: So we see a bunch of old friends that now work at different companies. You know, heyl Media by the first baseline, and we saw our buddy Sean from ESPN like we saw to see. We saw Ali Labar from MLB Network, who's an old friend.
Speaker 3: We saw I saw Karen No It's he's social media famous, which is a whole different level of celebrity. Yeah, very odd. But there's a guy that I followed that cuts people's hair. But he's cut like Barack Obama's hair, Tom Brady's hair. But he goes out and he's like, yo, oh, can I give you a free cut? And he does like a motivational sort of thing, like hey man, what do you want to do when you when you grow up? And kids? Talk to this guy and he just gives free haircuts. His name is Vic Blenz. Yeah I saw you. I was like, yo, Vic Blenz, like yo, man, what's up? I was not gonna not say what's up to him, went up to him, Yo, man, gotta have you on the show.
Speaker 4: I want to get a haircut. He's like yo, for real? Yeah in La this Morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah I got it like a Dominican cut, right, like yeah, high and tight like Dominican lou. But no, I met Vic Blenz again. Social media guy. But he was super cool because everyone was out to have a great time. There's a lot of people out last night in Atlanta. Atlanta. Did it big, did it right? And again, being more of an al fan, another observation, how nice Truest Park is.
Speaker 4: I've seen it on TV obviously, but to be there beautiful.
Speaker 2: To one of the newer parks twenty seventeen. So at this point we see oh Tani get a couple at bats, we see Judge getting at bat. Great moment for Kershaw dude, the Kershaw audio which we later saw from home on the replays. I was saying back in the studio, just play like a few seconds of it. Him micd up on the mound might have been the most endearing thing in the world of sports in the last month or so.
Speaker 1: And we're actually gonna get to talk baseball with Clayton.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you're doing this, Clayton.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ei there, I'm gonna try to throw some cheese real quick. Hold on, yeah, books.
Speaker 4: It in there to the left field Tucker.
Speaker 7: Oh sick, easy, Oh sick.
Speaker 4: It was so cool watching that went, such a great sliding catch when.
Speaker 3: He threw a change up and he's like, oh man, I'm just glad he didn't swing it that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like everything about Kershaw miked up to me was why he's such a likable guy.
Speaker 3: I all liked his honesty about feeling odd about the interaction, like, yeah, I feel weird right now talking to you guys. This is weird, because it is. I always find it very distracting. But again, in the All Star Game, I think is a different story. It's more of a fun spectacle exhibition, even though there's.
Speaker 4: Something on the line here. A few weeks I don't embarrass yourself.
Speaker 6: A few weeks ago on the PM Drive show that we're normally on on FSR, you guys argued about players being miked up.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't like it, but this was an exceptional one of.
Speaker 6: The things your argument stood on though. COVID You're like, well, they don't. They don't make up pictures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Kershaw different story, I guess, And he was the right guy for that because he felt comfortable in the moment. Even though he expressed that this was a weird, we'd sort of feeling for it.
Speaker 2: I thought it just made it even more more fun for the fans. Kershaw, you know, one of the one of the highlights of the night. So let's fast forward. Let's go, let's get through this. Midway through the game. Now we've seen our favorite players, Lindor Judge, we saw Otani bat twice. You know, we've seen the stars do the thing, Scoob ball, Kia Skeens. Like Cavino and I looked at each other and we're like, you know what, we got to wake up early tomorrow morning. We had so much fun at the home run derby. We had so much fun going on the field. You know what, man, I'm going right after this. I'm on vacation. I'm going to New York for a cold days with my kids. I'm taking them to their first Mets game at City Field, their first like seeing City Field. So I'm like, I'm gonna go to another game in like two days from now.
Speaker 4: You ready to tap out? And Kuno's like, yeah, brom ready, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's beat the traffic like we've seen it. We've seen it, no.
Speaker 4: I know, I know. So we get back and I know and by the way we the bar.
Speaker 2: I'm angry because I leave and I just missed Peter A Hanzo's home run.
Speaker 4: But I justified.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, well I have seen plenty of Peter A Lonso home runs. But then it was six nothing and I was like, all right, six nothing wasn't a close game.
Speaker 4: We made a good deal, so we made a good choice and then they come back. But this is typical Rich, and I've done typical rich. Typical rich.
Speaker 5: I've been dealing with this for twenty years. Typical rich. You wanted the night before to be like, uh, you know, let's leave. You know, there's like a lefty in a radio after the left to goes. Oh, we're not you know, the ball's not going to come to me.
Speaker 2: Now, you misunderstanding, I said, because in the last round of the home run derby, get this.
Speaker 5: You wanted to leave early did and if you had left early, No, no, you would have missed the greatest moment of the night that you had all of it.
Speaker 2: You're full of it, I said, cal Raley, I think I'm no, he's wrong, cal Rally empty of it. Cal Rally's a lefty, do you know that?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did, Okay that Rich. I was there, Okay, I was in the poor seats. He's nice a switch hitter.
Speaker 2: I know but in the home run derby, he took a couple righty, but he was a lefty during the most nine.
Speaker 3: Were assuming that he was going to go left the final round, and he did, but we didn't.
Speaker 4: Know that, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was a left hander in the derby for the most part. Who are you facing the finals camera, Camara cam and Aro is alrighty, So I said, if camon Aro goes first, we're in left field.
Speaker 4: Let's get out of here before Raleigh goes.
Speaker 2: We'll beat the traffic because Raley was not hitting any ball to left field, and we're you know, the point is to try.
Speaker 4: To catch home runs. So sometimes I'm in the My.
Speaker 2: Dad conditioned me that after the seventh thing stretch, it's got to be traffic.
Speaker 4: I'm a be traffic time.
Speaker 2: Your dat be traffic all So did we did we stay for the end? We didn't, But you know what, we got to talk about it. We got to talk about what went down. The game gets wait. One of us say yeah, Danny g state and you know I can't wait to hear I want to hear all about it. We'll get to that, and of course, just a fun recap show. The day after the the Derby and the All Star Game. We'll do more next and then lots of fun NFL. We're gonna give away some prizes. DP off today Covino and Rich filling in right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 4: Covino and Rich in for Dan Patrick. Now again.
Speaker 3: We're normally on Monday through Friday two to four on the West, five to seven on the East. But just search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. Shout out to the affiliates hanging out with us. We appreciate that we're live from the iHeartRadio studios in Atlanta, beautiful studios.
Speaker 4: Don't be shy at us in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Right, Let's go and yeah, check out our podcast on our bonus podcast over promised on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page, where you'll hear and see our interview with Zach Brown, who sang the national anthem yesterday at the All Star Game. Now, for the first time ever, MLB is going to host a regular season game in the state of Tennessee. Right inside one of the world's most iconic racetracks, Bristol Motor Speedway as the Braves take on the Reds August second in the MLB Speedway Classic. Before the action, a pregame concert will take place near the field, headlined by Tim McGraw. We Gotta Go Row. Tickets are going fast. Get yours now at MLB dot com slash Speedway Classic.
Speaker 2: Now it's just another reason and another the proof that MLB is popping right now. You were saying the All Star Game. They do the Field of Dreams game now in Tennessee. So baseball's having a moment as they say.
Speaker 4: Well, they're marketing the young stars the right way too.
Speaker 2: I saw Bobby Witt Junior and some of these guys in the batting cage yesterday.
Speaker 4: Why don't you brag about it?
Speaker 2: And some of them looks so young and make you honest, See you look at him like they look like some of these dudes look like high school dudes. How about you know, look particularly young. The shortstop on the Athletics, Jacob Wilson. Guy looks like he's no joke, like nineteen and he's not much older than that. But Danny g let's get back to.
Speaker 3: The how about Kyle Stowers who came up last night for the swing off. Looks like he's straight out of Malibu or something. With his blonde hair.
Speaker 4: He looks like he's straight out of high school, SA like Malibu Can or something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so last night All Star game, it's six nothing and you're like, all right, this game's over, and then he gets tied up.
Speaker 4: We left early. Yeah, I'm conditioned to leave early. Oh, Ritchie, we gotta go home. You know, dad has to work tomorrow. Now. They were to beat the traffic.
Speaker 6: There were some other fans who started to trickle out when it was six to three. But then of course things got heated there two outs, ninth inning, two outs and they tie it.
Speaker 2: Did they play Edwin Diaz timmy trumpets when he came out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a great quote. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I wonder because Atlanta has no love for the Mets in New York. But it was the All Star Game, so I'm like, when he came out in the bottom of the night and the top of the night to try to save it, I'm like, I.
Speaker 4: Wonder if they played timmy trumpets.
Speaker 6: That's when I was circling the stadium at that point.
Speaker 4: Then he was going to a round two hot dogs.
Speaker 6: I talked to a worker named Dre inside the ATL Market and I was grabbing some supplies because I thought I was going to be on my way out, and then when it got tied, I ran back to my seat.
Speaker 2: Rich So six', six they go to the home, runoff the swing, off the swing.
Speaker 3: Off but you gotta Realize rich AND i had, left so we went back to the hotel bar and we're. Watching remember we can't hear what's going, on and we got a text from You. History look up at the screen and you see the managers sitting there trying to figure out.
Speaker 4: What do we? Do? Right they're there, like all, right we're doing the swing.
Speaker 6: Off if he had to explain it to everyone in the, stadium just like they had to explain it to everyone at.
Speaker 3: Home, now they implemented this a few years, back but we've never seen it happen, before so this was new to.
Speaker 4: Everybody they throw the rules up and you're, like swing. Off but here's WHERE i get confuting. Off, no BUT i have.
Speaker 3: Questions, right If Dave roberts ran through pictures But Aaron boone did, not why is the al penalized for him mismanaging his pitching, staff because.
Speaker 2: It's not about trying to win the game that. Way it's, like, yeah you run out of. Pictures it's like it's for the. Fans but he guessed at all his pictures so he kept the arms. Fresh But Aaron boone managed. Better, hey you lose by the fault you don't have got enough. Pictures but this game isn't about managing to. Win it's you want to get some guys. In there's no, stakes one of the.
Speaker 3: Stakes But i'm saying it used to, be, RIGHT i used to be home field. Advantage is still An All star. Game you're trying to. Win they're still. Competitive that's why they were so pumped at the. End so to, ME i was, like well that's kind of. Weak BUT i thought how it ended was pretty. Magical and there's there's some slight controversy about it this.
Speaker 2: Morning but, again three players from each, team three, swings the teams. ALTERNATE i feel like someone got. Robbed there was a story about your Boy. OTANI i want to get, Too so we'll get to all that next plus again SOME nfl this, hour More covene and Rich in for The Great Dan Patrick next On Fox Sports, radio