Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Football is back Ish Ish the Hall of Fame game coming up tonight. We'll talk to some Hall of famers Joe Thomas of the Browns, also Marshall Falk, former Rams running back Lewis Riddick of the Mothership will stop by as well. Phone calls always welcome eight seven to seven three. DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dpshow. Stat of the Day has always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. The response, Well, I shouldn't be surprised with this audience, but you have provided some great awkward yearbook pictures and you can be part of the DP calendar. Go to DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com a chance to be featured in the calendar. You just need to send us your worst most awkward yearbook picture. We are providing ours for the different months. The month of December belongs to you. The audience. First Hour brought to you by Big Projects Coming Up. Chat GPT is a new agent for larger projects. Chat GPT work. You give it a goal, you help turn scattered material into finished work. Get started at chatgpt dot com, selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans. Everybody's here today, Fritzy, you got your jersey.
Speaker 3: On Tim Riggins Friday Night Lights because it's the Panthers playing. So I found something Panthers related in the air in.
Speaker 4: The house, so I grabbed it.
Speaker 2: All right, looks nice. Dylan in the back row, Marvin upfront with Paul yours truly, and of course the backroom guys as well. We'll get phone calls. Tyler sitting by age seven to seven three DP show the game tonight the Panthers and the Cardinals. This is really an extension of the Hall of Fame weekend. There is a game going on, but that will probably be secondary. In the background. It'll be about the Hall of famers who were there on the sidelines at the festivities. Maybe somebody in the booth and you're gonna be noticing two teams playing. Maybe you get a chance to see somebody, and this is about can you make the roster. Maybe it's a veteran trying to hold on for a roster spot. Jeremiah Love is not going to play in the game, which I understand, but the opportunity having these preseason games is really about trying to make a roster, so there will be people playing hard tonight may not be playing well, but preseason football football is back ish.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Poll question for Hour one is going to be what Dylan, Well.
Speaker 4: We can start there, Dan, will you be watching the Hall of Fame game? Yes? No, or I would if it were different teams.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna watch, but it'll probably be background where if I hear something, where the announcers say something and then you look up and you go, oh okay. But for the most part, it'll be just nice to see something different on the screen instead of going to the archives for NFL Network and watching a game that took place, you know, four postseasons ago. Any other pole questions first hour, Yeah, PAULI sent this one over.
Speaker 6: If you could have season tickets for your team in any sport MLB, NHL, NBA, or NFL, which.
Speaker 2: Would you pick HM season tickets.
Speaker 6: Or Akron because you make get a chance to call the first play against the Robert Morris.
Speaker 2: Akron sold out all their suites this year, and I think that's first time that's ever happened for their football program. This contest that they're running is working good. You got to draw up money because you're a mid major and even a low mid major. How much money can you generate? And who were you competing with other teams in the Mid American Conference? But Akron had a contest where Hey, the winner gets to help script the first drive of the season against Robert Morris.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 8: That was announced by Akron football on Twitter yesterday. You could try to be the offensive coordinator for a drive. It got nineteen million views on Twitter, nineteen million more than any post in the history of Akron football.
Speaker 2: You could combine all of Akron football and they've never had nineteen million. Good for them. This is what you have to do because football landscape has changed dramatically. You are basically going to be a feeder school for some of these other programs. If you get somebody good enough that is on their radar at Alabama or Michigan, they're just going to come in and pluck them away. This is why I'd love to have you almost a transfer fee that you have in soccer. Hey, you want that guy, you have to get fifty thousand dollars to the university. You're taking him from so you don't leave the cupboard bear, or you help them and maybe their athletic department. But I think you got to still if you're all going to be under the NCAA umbrella, then I think you have to make sure that you're helping these other schools that will be helping you bring talent in. All right, So Joe Thomas, Hall of Famer on the Browns quarterbacking situation where it feels like maybe it really is a quarterback controversy or they're actually competing with each other to be the starting quarterback. Lewis Riddick will stop by as well. He covers both college and the NFL and one of the smartest players I've ever been around, Marshall Falk will join us. In the final hour of the program. We have a new leader in the clubhouse for nationally MVP, Pete crow Armstrong. Now I've been following it. I've been updating you usually once a week, just to say the odds are starting to get interesting because if show Ayutani plays in pitches, he's going to win or be favored for every MVP. Well, it's not able to pitch, and his offensive numbers are very good, but Pete crow Armstrong hit two homers yesterday Otani hit two homers, Like it was fun to watch that. Uh, it'd been great if Otani was on the mound, that would have been fun. Here's Pete crow Armstrong of the Cubs on MVP possibilities.
Speaker 9: That would be crazy to say that I don't want to win an MVP. But if we're talking about having priorities straight, like I think mine are pretty straight, it's it's not it's not on the forefront of my mind. It's it's it's fun to joke about it, and it's fun to acknowledge, and it's I think it's it's absolutely okay to pay attention to. But it's again, it's not like following me up to the plate. And yeah, I mean, I think if you guys want to talk about all this, uh this back and forth, like I really should go get in the lab and start pitching, But I really should.
Speaker 2: He's a great center fielder as well, and you'll get the argument of well o t pitches that you know, yes he does, but he's not able to pitch now And Pete crow Armstrong for a playoff team and you hit a couple of home runs like this is one of those Heisman moments where you needed one of these breakout games that the national media talked about this, not just the local but Pete crow Armstrong a couple of home runs. Otani hit a couple of home runs, and PCA is now past Otani and is the favorite for the National League MVP. Bigger picture here, the Cubs swept the Dodgers in a three game series. The Dodgers have lost six in a row. This is the second losing streak of six or more games in the last seven years. They had a seven game losing streak back in twenty twenty five. Statur Today it brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Any other poll questions that you're thinking about Dylan for the first hour.
Speaker 4: Well we can go with that too, Dan.
Speaker 6: If you can pick one today for the NL MVP show, Atani or Pete Kerr Armstrong, who are you taking?
Speaker 4: Since they're well basically even doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would take PCA. I thought that, you know, That's why I kept mentioning that this was real. This was not something like, man, let's create something here. This this actually happened in real time. And you know, I look at Otani and there's some stats that I don't necessarily subscribe to, but I know, like war that's a big deal. Wins against replacement, so Otani is six point four, PCA is seven point three. That's a big margin there, you know. Home run wise, Otani with twenty six, with seventy RBIs batting average is two ninety seven. He's not stealing bases. But then I don't want him stealing bases. I thought that that was just a one off. Since he wasn't going to be pitching, then there's no need for him to be stealing bases. Twenty six, home run, sixty nine RBIs for PCA, he's going to go thirty thirty this year. His batting average, I mean their numbers are kind of similar. PCA is a great outfielder, basically the same kind of home run RBI numbers. You throw in the stolen bases. He's got twenty eight, so to go thirty thirty and you're making the playoffs. And let's not kid anybody. They love a new story, and this is a new story, and that does factor in whether people are going to admit to it or not. It will play a role.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin, get out of my head, because I was just thinking about Otani. This might be reminiscent of Michael Jordan in the nineties where Charles Barkley had a great season, like, you know what, we got to do something different, or cal Malone in ninety seven, we got to do something different, We got to vote for somebody else. It's a new story. Maybe Otani fatigue. They found just a little bit of the chink in the armor where they're like, he's not pitching as much as he once was. He's just hitting, so let's give it to somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that I do factor that in. There is voter fatigue. I do believe that. I think that's happened before with MVP honors, whatever the honor might be. But this is a case of Pca is playing great baseball and he's playing in a big market. He's playing for a team where you can watch their games, and you go head to head with Otani and you hit a couple of home runs. Now, all of a sudden, you got a little bit of momentum here. Now, can O'tani get back on the mound. If he does get back on the mound, those odds may change, but if I'm the Dodgers, I don't want him back on the mound. At least I hope that I don't need him now. It might get to September where you want to give him some innings if you can. But this is why I think they went out and got Schooble. They needed some insurance here that Show might not be able to pitch certainly the rest of the regular season, or maybe they don't want him to pitch Chris, and Syracuse leads us off. Good morning, Chris. What do you have for me today?
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, Thanks as always, Dan Heay. Two things for you, Dan off your very interesting interview with Shoheo, Tiny's interpreter's bookie. You said yesterday and been saying it all along, whether you go to the bank in person or online, any deposit withdrawal over six hundred dollars, they're all over you. How could show Hey not know to the extent of what he knew and his involvement will never know. But I think Major League Baseball got out in front of this one fast to ensure its biggest name catches no shrapnel at all. And also kind of what you said a lot of people are saying the Dodgers pick up of Derek Scoobel was just pinally not more talent to a team that's already was going to win the third World Series no matter what. But with all the injuries the Dodgers have pitching wise, position players, and the uncertainty of when they'll be back, and also some of its stars like Mookie Brebats have been underachieving. They're playing awful baseball right now too, and the Dodgers saw this move. I think of getting Schoolble as a necessity to have a shot at another title, and I give them credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too. I think that they had the riches to be able to send a Detroit, but I think they truly needed Trek Scuble. Now you've got some high priced pitchers, big names on that staff, but you've got to get everybody healthy in time. But I do think that that's interesting when you look at the Dodgers that they did something and everybody was like, oh, this is going to lead to a lockout. I think we're going to have a lockout no matter what.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we look back on this and then we go, oh, well, that's the reason why or that was the final straw that we're going to have a lockout. I do think that, But if I'm the Dodgers, I'm trying to win. That's all I care about. And as far as the sho heeo Tani interpreter, the bookie, I had my bank get a hold of me last week because they thought that somebody had written a check and they said the penmanship is not your penmanship. Well, I had signed like fifteen of those checks that the big german gives me and the bank said that's not your signature, and I said, I'll come down there and look at it. So that's just a check that was for a couple of thousand dollars. I just can't imagine that you're taking out millions of dollars. And do you have somebody, a business manager who's monitoring the bank would send you a note to say, hey, by the way, four million dollars was taken out. Do you have a bank you know? Do you have a manager, a business manager who sees all of this.
Speaker 8: Yes, Paulie, it's not a mysterious twenty dollars DoorDash charge. It's four million dollars to an offshore account.
Speaker 2: Once again. Baseball, Wrap that up. The FBI, wrap that up. We're still dealing with Kawhi Leonard and they job that he did not show up for that he got paid for allegedly, and that's going on eleven months now. All right, we'll take a break. Joe Thomas Brown's Hall of Famer will join us from Canton for the festivities this weekend. We'll take a break. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: And in addition to hearing us live week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 9: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 12: Yet to do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Phone calls always welcome eight seven to seven three DP show Whatever is on your mind. Lewis Riddick from the Mother's Ship Next hour and Marshall Falk Hall of Famer will join us in the final hour of the program. Joe Thomas went into the Hall of Fame a couple of years ago. Hall of Fame farms owned by Joe Thomas, so he brought in is a trailer from Wisconsin to the Pro Football Hall of Fame fan Fest and you're selling meat out of your Are you in your trailer? Now? Are you in your home?
Speaker 11: It'd be nice if my trailer was this sweet. No, I'm in my condo in Westlake. I was at Browns practice yesterday and after the show, I'm heading right down.
Speaker 5: They're going to start flipping burgers and cooking.
Speaker 11: Steaks and get in our mobile butcher shop right there in FanFest, right to the next to the main stage.
Speaker 2: Where is your Hall of Fame jacket right now?
Speaker 11: Unfortunately it is crumpled up into my suitcase because I'm about to jump in my car and drive down the Captain.
Speaker 5: But I can throw it on if you want it.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, would you go get it?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, no, probably it would be like a minute. Is that cool?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to see it and the fires all crumpled up. You'd think that he would hang it though, right, Pauline, you.
Speaker 8: Would think you'd hang it in the back of one of those little things in the back seat of your car.
Speaker 2: Right, I would think. So it's a Paul, I don't think. Well, you know what, the material that those things are made out of, they might not wrinkle. Yeah, paul quick game.
Speaker 8: What size is Joe Thomas's Hall of Fame jacket?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I'm gonna go fifty too long?
Speaker 8: Got that's my guess, too, fifty too long?
Speaker 2: Okay. Uh, he probably had to go out to his car, open up the trunk and get his Hall of Fame jacket.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, I feel like he would be fifty two in his playing days.
Speaker 4: Now he's crazy. I'm going I'm going forty six.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's not much larger than what I would have. I think I'm a forty three long fifty. Thank you, Ton Marvin, you got you gotta guess here. I like that we have Joe Thomas on. I just sent him. I sent him out to this car, but he did offer it up. I thought, Okay, where the hell is your suitcase? Joe?
Speaker 7: Mary? Wow?
Speaker 2: I like that he looks.
Speaker 5: Good, much better, much better.
Speaker 2: Look Okay, why is it crumpled up in your suitcase.
Speaker 11: Well, because it was packed away because right after the show, I got a drive down the canton, so it was uh, it was a little bit better than crumpled, but it was folded up.
Speaker 5: In the suitcase.
Speaker 2: Okay. Uh, we guessed the size of your jacket, so you give us the dimensions of your Hall of Fame jacket custom.
Speaker 11: I think it's like something in forty eight extra long, something like that.
Speaker 5: Then the athletic cut.
Speaker 2: Okay, forty eight extra. But if this was when you were playing.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I think I was a fifty four extra wide or super long. But I don't know. Pretty much. All my clothes just get tailored.
Speaker 11: It's nothing that ever comes off the wreck, so I don't even really know what my sizes are.
Speaker 5: So you lay that custom tailored. I mean, is there like sides?
Speaker 2: I love it, people ask to wear it.
Speaker 11: They do, Yeah, I mean it's it's a really cool thing that in the ring. I know, like when you get that ring, everybody wants to be able to put that on kind of like a super Bowl ring, be able to take a picture of it with their buddies.
Speaker 2: What Hall of Famer did you nerd out over meeting.
Speaker 5: So it's actually Walter Jones, and he was the guy that gave me my knock.
Speaker 11: He was one of my heroes when I was in high school, and then I watched him at time in college tried to take some of the things that he did well. Of course, he's a different human than me. It was a lot bigger, stronger, faster than I was. But still you can learn a lot by watching the greats that came before you.
Speaker 2: Larry Allen was I don't know who was larger Walter Larry. Larry Allen seemed like he was the biggest offensive lineman I'd ever seen.
Speaker 5: He was probably the widest and certainly the strongest.
Speaker 2: And you know, you always hear those stories that guys would get the Larry Allen flu Did you think that that was real? Did anybody Did you feel like anybody ducked you?
Speaker 11: They didn't duck me, because I think if anything, they would just go play on the other side with Larry though he was trying.
Speaker 5: To hurt people. I mean, Larry like eight pound bench.
Speaker 11: Press, so they were trying to preserve their careers by not going against Larry hung because they didn't want.
Speaker 4: To be injured.
Speaker 2: Yes, who was the best offensive lineman today in your opinion?
Speaker 5: Oh? You you know, I'll still go with Lane Johnson. I mean, he's a guy that's been.
Speaker 11: Doing it at the highest level for so long consistency. He's been leading the Eagles offensive line the best offensive line in football for a very long time. And I still think even though he's getting up there in age, he is playing at the top of the game.
Speaker 2: When rookies come in, I don't and you've seen probably all shape, sizes, varieties, But do you have to know your place or you want to come in and exude some confidence.
Speaker 11: I think you have to exude confidence, but you have to do it quietly. I always tell rookies eyes open, ears open, mouth shut. We don't want to hear from you unless you're asking a question right now.
Speaker 2: The is it a quarterback competition with the Browns? And is that a good thing If it's a quarterback confidence or controversy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's never a good thing. That means you haven't figured out because there's no clear answer. Nobody wants a quarterback controvery your conversation. But hey, we're the Browns. That's the situation we've been in for a couple decades, so you got to make the most of it, and hopefully competition between those two guys brings out the best in one of them, and they build confidence in the locker room and they build a connection with somebody and becomes obvious who the starter should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if i'm the Browns, like, do you want to stunt the growth of Shadoor Sanders or do you say, we're paying forty million dollars for Deshaun Watson. Let's give him a chance to actually earn this and then if not, then shaud or Sanders will be our quarterback moving forward.
Speaker 11: That's what they've said. I mean, it's not the best spot in the world to say, like, hey, we paid all this money for John Watson. He hasn't really been good, but well we got all the sun costs, we might as well give him a shot.
Speaker 2: But it feels like that's the missing piece. Now that's a big missing piece. But it feels like the Browns they're doing some good things, at least on the outside looking in. There are some positives, So tell us your thoughts on those positives and how good the Browns can be this year.
Speaker 11: Well, they've had a difficult time with weapons on offense for a while.
Speaker 5: I think the run game's been good.
Speaker 11: They've had okay at best passing game, and some of that was quarterback play, but some of that was receiver play. And I would say this year the reason for optimism for Browns fans is the two great receivers that they got in the draft, Casey Concepcion and Benzel Boston, who have looked incredible in training camp so far, so hopefully taking some of the load and the pressure off that quarterback position. Rebuilt offensive line, but you still have Quinn Shawn Judkins running the football, so you hope, hey, we can get really good in the run game, be multi dimensional, to be able to still throw the football because we've got three quality receivers out there who.
Speaker 5: Can get open, and then it's not so much on the quarterback to be able to make everything happen.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Hall of Famer Joe Thomas Man. He's got meet at the Hall of Fame fan fest. He'll bring his mobile butcher shop. You're gonna be cooking. You're gonna actually be cooking in your mobile butcher shop.
Speaker 11: That's right, we're thawing out Hall of Fame Waggy Steaks right now so people buy their steak. We got a grill, We've got a couple local chefs, Ann's Barbecue from Youngstown. We've got mister Briskett from the Cleveland area. They're cooking up all sorts of Hall of Fame Waggi samples. We've got our Hall of Fame beef stix and jerky and all the frozen fresh steaks to be able to purchase.
Speaker 5: And we've got some smash Burgers. So I'm gonna be back there working today.
Speaker 2: Dan, would you have traded Miles Garrett?
Speaker 11: I think the trade is going to turn out to be one that the Browns look back on favorably. It's it's painful when you lose the best defensive player in history, but I think when you look at the age that he's at where the Browns are specifically, this is a rebuild. You got a new quarterback, you got a new coach, You've got a couple first round draft choices next year to potentially find a quarterback if you don't think one of these.
Speaker 5: Two guys can be the guy of the future.
Speaker 11: And you get Jared Verse, who has been wrecking training camp so far, who's a young player.
Speaker 5: He's a tremendous leader.
Speaker 11: He's got incredible I mean, he's a pro bowler out there at defensive end. Plus you picked up two first round draft choices and a third round pick for Miles. I think it was the right trade for the right time for the Browns, But so same thing for the Rams, and I think that's why it was a good trade because they're in win today mode. We're in maybe win today, but let's hope we can build to win tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Would you rather try to block Miles Garrett or Aaron Donald?
Speaker 11: Good luck if Aaron Donald comes back, because I would rather block either of them. Maybe pull one of those sick days like they did with Larry Allen.
Speaker 2: But what's the difference in blocking an edge rusher built like Miles Garrett or somebody coming up the middle with Aaron Donald.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's totally different, right.
Speaker 11: Aaron's game is he's short, squatty, incredibly powerful and quick. So he gets up into your frame, he gets under your pads. In the leverage that he has just rocks people back. Even a guy like Larry Allam, as big and strong as he was, because of Aaron's power and how he's so compact, he can just get up inside you and push you backwards.
Speaker 5: Whereas Miles, he wins because he bends on the edge.
Speaker 11: Right, he can bend his ankles, his knees, his hips, he can turn the corner.
Speaker 5: He's got the best get off in football.
Speaker 11: And he also is super powerful and strong, so he can convert to a bull rush quickly. But I would say Miles is more speed, distance, mobility, ability to bend, and Aaron is squatty, compact, powerful, quick first step.
Speaker 2: It seems like teams are now looking, Yes, their edge rushers, they're important, but that guy in the middle we're seeing it feels like maybe there's a little more resurgence here with You need to have that guy up the middle because it feels like he's going to disrupt the offense far more than the edge rusher will.
Speaker 11: From a pass protection standpoint, there's a lot more you can do with a defensive end that's a problem.
Speaker 5: You can leave a tight end in there, you can ship them with a receiver. You can even have a quarterback.
Speaker 11: I mean, we saw Brady do it for decades, right, He didn't really always have a great edge protection, but he was able to step up in the pocket because the middle of the pocket was firm. When you got a problem in the middle, there's really not a whole lot you can do other than trying to run the quarterback and move them out of the pocket. But a lot of quarterbacks and offenses don't want to do that. They don't want to move the launch point consistently like that. So blocking a guy like Aaron Donald, if he's splitting double teams constantly, becomes really difficult because you don't have any other options.
Speaker 2: Who wins the division? Steelers, Ravens, Bengals.
Speaker 11: Not even throwing the Browns out there, all right, Well assume the Browns.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about a courtisy and the Browns and the Browns.
Speaker 5: Well, if you give me those options, I'm going to go with the Ravens.
Speaker 11: Actually, I think the Ravens have a nice bounce back season, and I know it seems like Lamar Jackson and the Ravens outfit, even going back to when I was there, they always play the best when the backs against the wall. People start doubting him a little bit, and I think that's right where they are right now.
Speaker 2: Would you rather block for a pocket passer or a scrambler.
Speaker 11: I'd rather block for a pocket passer because then I know exactly where he is and I know what I need to do on that play. Scramblers are great because if you get beat, they can still make you right and avoid the sack and get out and throw touchdowns and then you're not the goat, but like the goat in the bad sense. But it's difficult because you just never know where he's going to be, and so it's much more of a guessing game.
Speaker 2: Save travels there, the short travel from Cleveland, Ducanton, and good luck with the Hall of Fame farms and your mobile butcher shop and whipping up a batch for everybody there. And ken great to see you, great go.
Speaker 5: Great to see it, and I can't wait to see you in person. I'll give you another Hall of Fame beefstick like last time. It's another chance to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Hall of Famer and his farm, Hall of Fame Farm. Yeah, he sent us some some beef jerky. Last time tasted good, good stuff. Let's see update the poll results if you can so far, Dylan, yep.
Speaker 4: Will you be watching the Hall of Fame game tonight? Yes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Or would if it were different? Teams? Fifty eight percent say no, oh yeah, right.
Speaker 6: If you could have season tickets for your team in any sport, are you picking MLB, NHL, NBA or NFL? Kind of surprisingly, fifty two percent say NFL. But I would contend you get a lot more games if you take say baseball.
Speaker 2: You do, But then do you want to go to that many games football? I can go to eight or nine ten postseason. That's why if you're owning a team, like how often do you have to go to a baseball game to see your team? And imagine if your team isn't any good, but it's your team and you gotta go. That's a lot of baseball games. There are a lot of hockey games, a lot of NBA games.
Speaker 7: To go.
Speaker 2: Feels like, all right, maybe my NFL team is not very good, but I only have to go out there like nine or ten times. Instead of I'm gonna be on display, they're gonna cut away to me, I'm gonna be there having something to drink or a hot dog or popcorn. And there's the owner of the Oakland A's, Sacramento as Vegas A's. But I would I would probably go to NFL games because if we're winning it's great if we're losing, I only have to go to eight or nine of these, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say I would take baseball, But actually the idea of having met season tickets right now sounds like more of a burden than anything.
Speaker 2: But imagine if you're Steve Cohen, you spent you know, billions, and you're you should go to the game, or do you have to go to the game. Do you want to go to the game? That'd be tough. And then there's gonna be booze when you know they see that you're there and you're up in your suite. I don't know that's where you draw the blinds. You know, you're just like, hey, you know what, I'm just gonna going to peek peek out through the window. I remember the old Yankee Stadium that when you went up to the press box, George Steinbrenner's office was right there, and you know, big picture window, but you know, the shades were usually closed, but if it was open, it was always interesting to see who was in there and if they were getting yelled at. Yes, Tod.
Speaker 3: I like when the owner of GM and their family, they're in the suite and they can peak at one of the monitors in the suite and they could see that the camera's on them, but the network and the team's not doing well. They got a look of like, can you please stop putting the camera?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, eating nachos or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Paulie, I will say from a season's ticket standpoint, hockey would be really attractive. You get in the building, it's about two hours and twenty minutes you're out. You kind of know how long it's going to be. Hockey in person really elevates everything.
Speaker 2: Well, I might take if I could get season tickets to the premier league that you know that that's two hours. The atmosphere is great college college football sec you know, and you know you're going to different places that might be fun or different players are going to be coming in on your pitch.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, does it change your answer where the tickets happen to be? Like what's the most ideal? Like is it tickets on the glass for hockey, behind home plate for baseball?
Speaker 4: Fifty yard line for football?
Speaker 2: How about a suite?
Speaker 6: But day in Sweet's great? But I think from a viewing standpoint, and that also depends too. Aren't the sweet said Jerry World, like you can't see anything and you're just watching it on TV in there anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if I'm an owner, then I'm on display. Do I want to be on display? Uh? But maybe I'm bringing ownership in here and I shouldn't be doing that. This is just a fan who's going to be there. Like you can be court signed. You could be on the fifty yard line on the glass with hockey awesome behind home plate. That's great too. I think on the glass for hockey would be where i'd probably uh, or on the floor for a basketball game. I probably side there. Uh eight seven seven to three. DP Show email address Dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. We'll take a break, We'll get to phone calls coming up and Play of the day right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 7: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 1: Trills this ball deep right field.
Speaker 2: Suzuki watches at five leadoff home run shotel Toani.
Speaker 1: That is hammerd Siml field. That's Betty, It's head. You got it in game. An MVP race.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of Sportsnet LA and Marquee Sports Network. Shoe Hey Otani and Pete crow Armstrong. They trade leadoff home runs. They both homer twice, but the Cubs got the win. Otani leads baseball with eleven leadoff home runs, Pete crow Armstrong tied for sixth with four, and PCA is now passed Shoe Autani as the favorite for the National League MVPG. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by chat GPT. Big project coming up chat GPT as a new agent for larger projects. Chat gpt work give it a goal. Help turn scattered materials into finished work. Get started at chatgpt dot com by selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans. Stephan Diggs has signed with the Commanders. Commanders could use some help here. Terry McLaurin is good. Stephan Diggs is thirty two years of age now. Statistically he had some good numbers for the Patriots last year. I just don't know if he was really threatening the way that we've expected with Stephan Diggs and at thirty two years of age. I don't know why they haven't loaded up for Jaden Daniels. If you have this quarterback rookie year took you deep into the playoffs, he gets hurt. I just thought, man, they were screaming out for Jeremiah Love to move up and go get him. I don't know what it would have cost. I don't know if Arizona would have budged off of that, but man, we thought that that was going to be the perfect place Jade Daniels, Jeremiah Love. I just don't know if they've got enough weapons here. They also parted ways with Cliff Kingsbarring. He played a major role in helping Jayden Daniels' rookie season. But I don't know. Commanders don't look threatening with their weapons here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I look at Caleb Williams. You know, they got dj Moore, they got Burden, Lovelin Swift, o'douza, but more is gone now. He came over originally to help Caleb Williams. So they have supplied some weapons there. Rock Perty had Ayuk Kittle, Deebo CMC. I mean even the Saints with Tyler schuck Olave, Tyson Kamara at tn. You got to have some weapons here for these guys. Burrow got chasing Higgins. Yeah, Pauli.
Speaker 8: And if you go back to the draft, the Commanders had the eighth seventh pick of the draft. They took linebacker Sunny Styles. They passed on Jordan Tyson, the wide receiver out of Arizona State, the second best receiver in the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to give these young guys some weapons here. Yep, Marvin.
Speaker 10: Do you think Diggs is getting a bad rap for his off the field issues because Stefan Diggs helped the Patriots get to the super Bowl, which nobody expected.
Speaker 2: I think off the field, yes, he's been involved in a couple of situations here and that probably would that would scare me away at that age. You know, it's a sliding scale of your contributions, your baggage, how old you are, how much you're making, and what do we need as a team right now. But Stefan Diggs, Okay, you know, can he give you sixty five seventy catches? But it feels like you're getting possession receivers there. You don't have that home run hitter, Yes, Dylan and.
Speaker 4: Jaden Daniels is sort of in that CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud boat for me where granted Jaden Daniels got injured, but it's like we're still waiting to see if they could recreate that rookie year magic.
Speaker 2: Well, that's gonna be tough because I think and Jayden Daniels great talent, but there has always been a concern that he would be fragile, you know, with his build and you know you're you're a guy who's a scrambler, a runner, so you know, how much does he decide that he's not going to be that Like Pat Patrick Mahomes, you almost have to train yourself to it's there to run, but I'm trying not to run as much. I'm gonna be under center. We're going to be a running team, and you know, to learn that now that can be challenging. And then you have a rookie that you're gonna say to Jayden and Daniels, hey, don't always you know, first option is not there, you you know, bring the ball down and run. Josh Allen can do that. Lamar Jackson can do that. I don't want Jayden Daniels doing a lot of that. Cam Newton could do that. There's certain guys where you go, Okay, Jayden Daniels is thin and won't survive collisions.
Speaker 6: Yes, deal, And there's a pretty bad track record for mobile quarterbacks on the Commander's field.
Speaker 13: So so yeah, maybe they got that cleaned up, you know after the R three God, I hope. So I remember watching and it was a playoff game, and I go, I mean, my backyard looked better than that field did.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Let's see a couple of phone calls Travis in Maryland. Hi, Travis, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 14: Now, DP, how are you great?
Speaker 2: Travis?
Speaker 14: Hey, I was listening. I was just listening to the player of today man, and that sound of what those are tawy home runs. You're right, it doesn't sound like anybody else when that ball comes off the bat.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 14: But anyway, so what I wanted to talk about was the speech that you're going to give at your daughter's wedding, man, and you got to release that tape.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 14: We gotta see that. You've been talking about this for weeks and months, and I'm telling you, DP, if we don't get that tape, you are start.
Speaker 2: Thank you Travis. Okay, I did ask my wife last night. I said, look, some members of the audience brought up, could I, once it's done, show the video of me giving this speech for my daughter at her wedding. She said, well, I think I would ask your daughter, And I said, okay, so I'm gonna wait and ask her maybe today or tomorrow, and just see what she thinks. But I'm at least broaching the topic here of putting it out there on our website. Yes, Dylan, I feel like you.
Speaker 6: Should kind of be the final saying. I mean, it's your speech. Are you do you.
Speaker 4: Want to release it to the public.
Speaker 2: Dylan, there's certain things. It's called protocol. Yes, you're right, but you got to run it through the home office.
Speaker 6: No, I get that, but it's ultimately it's you're you're kind of bearing your soul to the world.
Speaker 2: I'll wait until you get married and then you offer advice. Okay, you get married and then offer up advice. But no, you got to you got to run it by everybody just to make sure that, hey, this could be posted. But I did bring it up. I brought it up to my wife last night. And if I don't post it, it's not because I'm soft, It's just because maybe there's some people who don't want it out there. I guess that's going to be my excuse I because then, you know, I can ask one of the back room guys to edit it so they can take out the projectile crying that I'm going to have. It's okay to cry, I know, but it's when you go that's the problem. And yes, I worry about that walking down the aisle that oh, look at him, he's crying, and be like, oh my god, listen to him cry. You don't want somebody saying listen to him cry? Who's in the confessional? Todd is Friday Night Lights, Jersey on Ready to go one hour in the Books On this Thursday, Lewis Riddick of the Mothership will stop by Marshall fulk In. An hour from now, We're back with hour two Dan and The Dan at Dan Patrick Show.