Speaker 1: Wow, it is a Friday.
Speaker 2: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: Time for another edition of the stardom citam show it to me. Your man named g Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Floyer, the man who rights Let's Start Sit column. You can find it every wee get nfl dot com slash start Sit. Are we ready for the second half of the fantasy regular season?
Speaker 2: I guess so, like as ready as we can be, right. I felt really ready for the first half, and then everything went wrong, So I guess that prepared that toughens you up, right.
Speaker 3: It's like we ratcheted up the difficulty level. It's like, all right, so here's the first half of the season. Now we're gonna take out all of the good players and see what you got then, So good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Right in the startup citem, it particularly felt rough for all of my fantasy teams because, like the guys, usually I'm like, all right, I'll get a couple running backs earlier whatever. This year went so heavy on wide receiver and they're.
Speaker 3: All gone, Yeah. This was definitely I won't even say a zero RB year.
Speaker 2: This is just an RB year. All of the best teams are the teams that ignore everything that the fantasy community says and just drafted old running backs.
Speaker 3: It's just like you know, when you play a March Madness pool, it's the person who's just like well obviously like a tar heel would lose to a devil like you know, like those people who win the pools in your office, and just like you know in fantasy football as well. Anyway, you gonna go through some start sits at the main positions here. Let's start at quarterback. Who is up and who's down?
Speaker 2: This week? Jordan Love is a must start option for me. Multiple passing touchdowns in eleven straight and they get the Jaguars. You're gonna notice a trend with Packers in this week's article. Jared Goff is playing out of his mind good right now. And the Titans, I know, on paper look like a tough matchup, but they just got lit up by Josh Allen last week. CJ. Stroud coming off of his worst career game. I don't care though, I think this is a great week for him. The Colts bring pressure at the third lowest rate in the NFL. He has multiple passing touchdowns every game against them. Tyler Williams has been playing really really well as of late, running more putting up big fantasy numbers, and I think it could be a potential high scoring game. And then Kirk Cousins three weeks ago at this point now had his second best fantasy game of his career against the Bucks. He gets the Bucks again this week. And then some big name sits Dak Prescott, because he has been more of a name than production. You could say the same thing about Patrick Mahomes who gets the Raiders this week. Anthony Richardson against the Colts has really been struggling as of late, as teams that have been throwing more zone coverage at him. Texans play a lot of zone. And then Justin Herbert, I know the matchup is good and he's coming off his best fantasy game. He still has yet to score fifteen in a game this season.
Speaker 3: It's amazing that some of these quarterbacks that we really invested heavily in have been so disappointing so far this season. Anthony Richardson though, talking about him, I mean we've been very frustrated, very disappointed. He hasn't scored the rushing touchdowns. Jonathan Taylor wouldn't rule himself out. He had sort of an interesting quote when asked that he was going to play, and it was something to the effect of always go into a game thinking I'm going to play. I don't want to put any negativity in the air.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say anything negative, which.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a guy who's probably not going to play this.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 3: Does that change how you feel about Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 2: I would feel better about Richardson if Jonathan Taylor was in there, because then I think I think, at least like you bring the running game back into where defenses have to be like, Okay, we're more worried about Jonathan Taylor on options and stuff right now. I think you're being like, Okay, we're going to take away Anthony Richardson and dare you to beat us with Trey Sermon and Goodson.
Speaker 3: On the other side, you got Jared Goff as a start and a real surprise there against the Tennessee Titans. Rather yeah, obviously, it looks like Jamison Willis was probably going to be out as he begins a two game suspension. Does that change anything with how you feel about golf?
Speaker 2: No, I think GoF right now, like what he is doing. He Jayden Daniels said to the four game completion percentage record earlier this season, and goff has broken that. He's one of four quarterbacks with one hundred and forty passer rating in three straight games, and it is directly translating to fantasy success, which is what we want. So yeah, Rot, the only league I'm sitting Jared Goffin is one where I also have Jordan Love.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that makes plenty of sense. Then, yeah, very interesting to watch how this Allons passing game is going to go, at least for the next couple of weeks. I say that as somebody who has Sam Laporta and wants him to come back to life. Running backs, who's your starts and who's your sins?
Speaker 2: Davon Han is a mustard option as long as Tua is back, and it looks like he will be. Josh Jacobs has been playing really well as of late and gets a fantastic matchup. Speaking of playing really well as of late, DeAndre Swift is just the last three games complete opposite of his first three games, and the Commanders allow explosive runs at the highest rate in the NFL. JK Dobbins has a fantastic matchup against the Saints, and we know that he will get a lot of volume. Javonte Williams has proven that you could trust him in a good matchup. That's something we talked about on yesterday's show. And he has the best matchup for running backs. And then Kareem Hunt. Not only is it a good matchup, Hunt is getting twenty touches a game. The only Chief I trust with one hundred percent confidence. And then the sits Nick Chubb. It's awesome to have him back, but he averaged two yards to carry, and it's all about the matchup. The Ravens are the toughest defense to run the ball against this season. Alexander Madison has proven that you could trust him in good matchups. Unfortunately, the Chiefs have just been shutting down running backs every single week. Austin Eckler is more of a safe floord running back. And when someone with they say floor is in a tough matchup, I think you get away. And then a couple of former Bills here in Zach Moss and Devin Singletary, who it seems like both have been usurped in their offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, that's that's been tough at this point because Zach Moss feels like almost you can almost go to the waiver wire. Certainly if you're in a shallow league, there's no point to holding onto Zach Moss. Devin Singletary is one that's interesting because I don't know if it's actually a takeover yet. I think we sort of want it to be because a lot of us like Tyrone Tracy. Last week, Tracy outsnapped Singletary forty to twelve. I guess, are we sure that it's because Tracy's taking over or is this just Devin Singletary working back in after injury.
Speaker 2: It could be that, which is why I also don't love Tracy this week, because I do think there isn't a chance that Singletary gets more involved. But on top of that, they're facing the Pittsburgh Steelers, which is just a really, really tough defense. So because of the uncertainty, I think you could play it safe and get away from both. But if you have to choose, Tracy is the one I would go with.
Speaker 3: And then Austin Eckler. I mean, obviously Brian Robinson. The way he's been playing, it's hard to get away from him. So far this year, Eckler has sort of been hit or miss tough matchup against the Chicago Bears. Still waiting on the jade and Daniels status for this week. Hadn't practiced early in the week because of a rib injury. Does the outlook change for Eckler if there's no Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 2: I think it gets worse because Mariota throws to the running backs less than Jadeen Daniels has and he's just not the same caliber quarterbacks. So you're scoring opportunities. Your yard opportunities all drop with that. So the Bears have been so so against the run, but they've been elite at stopping running backs in the passing game, and that's that's where Eckler makes his bread and butter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know, it's been up or down. I think he's played well all things considered, but Brian Robinson has been really, really good. So that's sort of capped Austin Eckler's chances so far this year. Moving on to the wide receivers, who are your starts in your six?
Speaker 2: I know you like this guy a lot as well, Brian Thomas Junior. I think he used his matchup proof at this point with the volume that he gets George Pickens. I think it's still volatile, but the upside is higher with Russell Wilson, so I think you continue to start him. Amari Cooper scored sixteen Fantasy points last week on a third of the snaps. I expect him to get more utilized, and it is a good matchup, great matchup for the Packers, so I think you could start all of their receivers. Jayden Reed is obviously cream of the crop, but I think if you have to pick between the secondary options, I like Romeo Dobbs this week best because they play man a lot in Jacksonville and he has been their man beater. And then Zay Flowers against the Browns and Darnell Mooney, who had his best career fan game a couple.
Speaker 3: Of weeks ago against the Bucks. Zay Flowers has been playing really good football. I know he tweaked his ankle last week. How do we feel about Rashad Bateman, who's also playing well lately.
Speaker 2: I think he is a sleeper if Jay Flowers plays, and if Flowers is out, I think you could just elevate Bateman to be a start because the Browns play a lot of man coverage and Flowers and Bateman lead the way for production against man coverage for the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Yeah. On the side, Deontay Johnson against the Broncos. Is this the matchup? Is this the quarterback? Is it a little bit of both?
Speaker 2: Well? I had him as a sit because of the matchup when I thought it was going to be Andy Dalton. Then it became Bryce Young and there's to me, there's no way you could trust. Plus Deanty Johnson has banged up, and then I'll just read the other Sits Christian Kirk against the Packers, Michael Pittman Junior Xavier Worthy who is just too boom or busts for me to trust. And Courtland Sutton who last week played a bunch of snaps but was just getting his cardio in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. It's just been so hard to trust a Broncos wider this year. Bo Nix is playing some decent fantasy wise football, but so much of it has to do with him running too and not necessarily throwing the football. Finally, we got tight ends who's up and who is down?
Speaker 2: In Week eight, I think Kyle Pitts has just become a tight end that you still trust right now, given the volume he has been seeing. David and Joku I think is a Mustard option as well. And the Ravens have really struggled against the pass, in particular against tight ends. Evan Ingram say, floor high ceiling. I think you get him in there, and the Packers have struggled against tight ends. They're better against receivers. Dalton Kincaid, I know he's trending down, but I continue to believe Amari Cooper will help Kinkaid. I don't think he's cut out to be a number one. I think he could be a number two target though, and then Tucker Kraft too much upside to get away from even if the floor is low. And Sam Laporta because if Jamison Williams is out, I think he could be the number two target once again. And then the Sis. I know these aren't the biggest name in the world. We're talking tight ends here, Pat Fryarmoth, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Tyler, Conklin, Jacob just titans that have other target comps there and not the best offenses.
Speaker 3: One name I'm curious. I know you've talked about a lot this week. Jatavian Sanders. I can't imagine you'd be willing to start him against the Broncos with Bryce Young at quarterback.
Speaker 2: But should he at least be a stash at this point? I think so. I was willing to take a shot on him if you need it to go a little bit deeper with Andy Dalton because I think the matchup was there for targets to kind of run through Sanders. But yeah, with Bryce Young, this team could get shut out. So I don't think you start him, but yeah, he is definitely an upside stash moving forward.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, gotta be an interesting to watch.
Speaker 2: Does Bryce him keep this job?
Speaker 3: It's hard. It feels hard to start him at the beginning of the year, bench him, bring him back, and then just be like, hey man, sorry, you're going back to the bitch, especially for a team.
Speaker 2: That's not going anywhere this year. That's the thing is they have really no incentive not to play him, I would say, but I would have said that on week three. I know they were like, we could still save our season, but we all kind of you that that wasn't true. The thing that works against him is he gets this spot start in potentially the toughest matchup the quarterback could have. Like you got Patrick Sartan and that Broncos secondary on the other side that has just been shutting down passing attacks weekly. After that, they get the Saints. Like, if he was coming back for the Saints game, I'd feel a little bit confident, like maybe he could do a little something, But I think he's going to struggle this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would stay away from any of your Panthers this week. On the flip side, start your Broncos defense. I mean, yeah, I know that's not a sleeper calls out of surprise. If you have the Broncos defense, you probably started them, but especially super extra, start them this week. If that's a thing.
Speaker 2: What they did last week. Last week, they can take advantage of good.
Speaker 3: Matchup exactly, So super Extra, start your Broncos defense in week eight.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Of course, you can go to NFL dot com slash Start Sit for a little bit more analysis on all of the players in Michael f. Florio's Start Sit column. But in the meantime, good spot for us to take a break for this week. We appreciate you hanging out with us here on the Stardom Syntam Show. Stay happy, save and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy wee Gate. Hopefully it is a prosperous one for all of you out there, and we will talk to you again real soon