Speaker 1: Clop, clop, clap, Clap your hands and stop your feet. You're listening. You're listening to the hosted by Elliott Parks and Kyle new Beeck here.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Welcome to another edition of the Clap Your Hands Podcast. Brought to you by Odyssey Sports. Brought to you by Sports Radio ninety four w I P and Man. Brought to you by really the only person not on vacation right now. We got Kyle's off in Australia, James Harden's in China, the hardest working man in the bitch, Jack Fritz stepping in for an emergency.
Speaker 2: Clap your hands, what's up?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 1: Tell you what they never ceased to h to amaze me. The Philadelphia seventy six Ers. I mean, what a what a well run franchise you have there, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, I mean, he's gonna take a Phillies lap.
Speaker 2: No, gonna no.
Speaker 1: Because honestly, like honestly, all jokes aside, like this sucks, man, Like yeah, it just it just sucks where we're at with this franchise. And because like obviously we want the Sixers to win, like we love the Sixers, like I watch every game. Whatever. I know, I'm the Phillies guy or whatever, but like I care a lot about the Sixers, and it just feels like right now, this whole thing is just a Runner List ship and and now it's just like I've lost confidence in so much of this franchise to where it's like I just I just wanted to be over, Like like I just like move on from the process, start over, and like the thing that I keep coming back to Elliott and I felt this way for a little bit is they just don't feel like the Philadelphia seventy six Ers, Like they just feel like the Sixers, you know what I mean. And that's a big difference I think with them in the city versus some of the other teams.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot to get into. Obviously there was we'll get into all of it.
Speaker 3: There was a report yesterday, which is the jumping off point, would imagine for this hard and comment.
Speaker 2: The Sixers come out yesterday.
Speaker 3: I should say this, I say the Sixers, but technically it was a report from ESPN that the Sixers have taken Harden off the trade table. I can only Madge, don't even call Yeah, you don't even call exactly. So yeah, and then I wake up this morning, all excited for joint practice, all excited for my messy game on Tuesday, and James Harden to clip in China of him basically or not basically, straight up saying Darryl Moury is a liar. I will never play for an organization that.
Speaker 2: He's a part of.
Speaker 3: And then he flips it, brings it back, Darryl Moury is a liar and I will never be part of an organization that he is a part of. So lot to unpack there, but I will start with where you started, and it's how I feel this morning, to be completely honest. So I know you're not on the pod all the time, but we do a lot of WP together, and you know that all off season I have defended this team. Well, everyone's been ripping them. I've been saying, look, they've accomplished a lot. They get to the second round all the time. That's not something completely gloss over Juell and be just one MVP. James Harden's much better and I won't give him credit for I really have defended this team. This was the first point for me where it felt like a breaking point. A breaking point of like grow up, Like is this seriously what they're doing again? Like there was legitimate things to be excited about last season that could be building points. Maxi took a big step hearted indeed, and Maxi had their first kind of true postseason run. They lost I think a good series to the Celtics, and it's just all blown up. In all off season, I've had this feeling of, look, I know Harden wants to leave, but he's friends with Joel, He's at the White Party with Michael Rubin, like all these things. And then you see this video and I'm just reminded of like maybe everybody else is just correct, Like all this defending of the Sixers, we have all these dumb leaks from Darryl Mory. First of all, why are you leaking you're no longer trading him? Like that's childish, Like what are we doing here? It doesn't matter. He's not really off the trade block. So all you're doing is poking James Harden. That's all you're doing by leaking that. All you're basically saying is James, I'm not trading you, and you're getting him upset. And then this is the result of that James Harden comes out and calls him a liar, and it's embarrassment, Like it is a straight up embarrassment for the Sixers. And if their whole plan is to sign for agent's next offseason, guess what good luck with that, because you guys look like the laughing sock of the NBA. James Harden is calling your GM, the GM that you're paying ten million dollars a year or two to clean all this up. To be the guy that's supposed to be one of the best in the NBA, to be the guy that has a good relationship with James Harden. He's being called a liar in front of everybody. What's Joelle thinking right now? If you're Joelle Embiid, what are you thinking as you're seeing the best player you've ever had play with? You call your GM a liar? If you're Joel or if you're Tyrese Maxi. The Sixers have reportedly said, look, we're gonna take care of you next offseason. That's exactly what just happened with James Harden. I don't know what Tyree's and James Harden relationship is like, but I'll tell you this. If they have a good relationship. This is terrible because now Max is gonna sit.
Speaker 2: There and go, why should I wait a full year?
Speaker 3: You just said that to James Harden, it seems at least and now he's not getting paid.
Speaker 2: You said to James Harden in a basically a joint.
Speaker 3: Statement the day of the first day of free agency that we're going to try to change trade James Harden.
Speaker 2: Now you're saying you're not gonna trade him. So what's really happening here? Like, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: All these things are true, and I completely understand every Sixers fan that's called me a fool first for defending the team, but that aside to what you said, Jack, I think is so true. At the end of the day, we all want the Sixers to be good. This is not like none of us benefit from anything that's happening right now, not the fans, not James Harden, not Daryl Morey.
Speaker 2: And it's embarrassing to wake up to this.
Speaker 1: Well, and it just thinks because like, you know, you're seeing two grown men like kind of having this this falling out right in front of us, and you know, I know everyone's mad at James Harden and It's okay to be mad at James Harden, but at the same time, like, look at everything that Darryl Moray is kind of done to him in the last you know, year, I mean year and a half whatever, like when he when he signed on Tracked and he left fifteen million dollars on the table or whatever, which they were obsessed with putting out that he did he left money on the table ESPR campaign ever, but that was obviously designed because it felt like this was gonna It was like a handshake agreement, and I was like a wink wink, like you do this now and I'll take care of your next offseason. James Harden, for as bad as he as annoying as he was in the playoffs, even though he did has some great games, but like he was annoying in game six, he averaged twenty and ten and got back to an all star kind of level of play, and I think obviously he's like, Okay, well, now this like Darryl Moury's gonna maxx me out, like this is what I do. Like it's fine, And then Darryl Moray doesn't. He basically cuts off all communication with James Harden. The guy that put him on the map, by the way, which like if you're James Harden, you're like, hold on, who the hell's Daryl Moury, Like I made Daryl Moury, Like I turned Daryl Moray into this like ten million dollars a year GM. It wasn't the other way around. All he did was go get an undervalued asset in the thunder and let me cook essentially for ten years. Like that's already did. It's all I really did. And then what happened this offseason, which is the whole Yeah, everyone's like, well, James Harden opted in. He opted in because I want to get traded. Yeah, like what do we like? It's I just think that we can be at it. Everyone like Maury has screwed this up colossally and James Harden is a huge baby And the only people that are losing right now are are us are the people that care and the people that they wanted to see the can go play well like they are such a and and and it goes all the way up to the top two. I mean, I mean John, I mean where is he? I mean, now, now everything's kind of crumbling here and it doesn't like this guy's doing like thank you, Josh Harris things and Washington and the fantasy. Oh my gosh, it's just they are such I just I just want them to go away, Like I just the vibes in the city are so good. And the fact that we have to spend a lot of time today discussing this just they're just the They're just the worst.
Speaker 2: What you said about them going away.
Speaker 3: This is something I have felt all off season at every stupid tweet they put out, every time Joel puts out a tweet, every time Darryl Mory puts out all the.
Speaker 1: Crumble cookies, every bias Harris.
Speaker 3: Now, I'll tell you this, So recording this at nine fifteen in the morning, there is a soccer game at three o'clock, So get ready for a Joel tweet something like Manchester United's playing. It's gonna put like United or whatever like there we will get a Joel tweet today.
Speaker 2: I would be shocked if we.
Speaker 3: Don't, right, But that's that's what like, that's what's been freshening for me is I have again defended the team, and I believe rightfully, So I still believe everything I've said. But like this is where I can't understand why fans like, I've never seen the city this mad at the at the Sixers, like you talk to fans every single day your show two to six, every day ninety four to VIP everyone tuned in Fritz at six as well, But you talk to fans all day like right wrong, whatever fans feel, how they feel, and right now, stuff like this is not helping them get back in the good graces of the city. Like, I don't know what the roster is going to look like night one. I don't know what you know, if James's gonna be there, frankly, if Joel is gonna be there. But it would not surprise me if this team catches some booze at their introduction, like of the player introduction the night off, like.
Speaker 1: It just will give us what about standing ovation that started Stanford and James. Well, and here's my problem is obviously, everything going on right now, I think it's naive to think that this is just gonna go away and be fine.
Speaker 3: Well, what I used to think, which is which sucks the most. I used to think that James was gonna report to camp, He's friends with Joelle, everything will all be good. Clearly, not like everyone that made the fat suit jokes and all the like, this is what he does, Like, yeah, this is step one of that. Like this is straight up step one of him causing a massive scene whenever they start training up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's the bigger problem to me is now where do they go from here? Like I think this feels like it's turning towards they get James Harden out of here. He entered in Los Angeles. You get I don't know, he probably not probably want to get Terrence Mann at this point, like you.
Speaker 3: Get care like I like Terrence Man, but like I'm not gonna be like, good job, Darryl.
Speaker 2: He did it more season.
Speaker 3: If they get Terrence Man, like yeah, it's not gonna be a good trad.
Speaker 1: But you do the trade. The Clippers make it all happy and make this whole thing go away. The problem for me now is if their whole plan is we need to have as much gas base as possible heading in the next summer. This these James Harden comments calling Darryl Moray a liar. We know NBA play like I know we view James Harden as most of the city of US James Harden as a clown. He's still a top seventy my player of all time that I think that's very pretty He's well respected in the league. And I don't and these comments about Darryl Mory, like what players are gonna want to sign up for that? Like they have to do a big turnaround here at least pr wise of trying to get or just move on from Darryl Morriy, because I don't like this is the NBA, more than any of the sport, is about the players. It's a player league, like player powerment. They move around whatever, when they want to go, they kind of go. If that's the case, who's signing up to come play for a guy who was just called by one of the best players of all time a liar? Like that's just that's not a good spot to be in.
Speaker 3: And I'll be interested to see if, like if the Sixers respond today, like what their responding. I mean, I imagine it's gonna be some version of like we never promised this to hard and blah blah blah. But let's kind of go through the timeline really quickly to say what we believe happened so last offseason, Like do you think the Sixers promised him money. Because while we can sit here and go you know, James Harden is a bit of a loose cannon. He's forced his way out of two teams. This is nothing new for him. Like he turned down the extension with the Nets, he forced his way to the Sixers. It was either the Yeah, forced his way to the Sixers from the nets, and then he takes less money. Everyone said it, like whether I thought it was silly at the time, everyone made it clear he took less money. So if you look like pretty consistently his actions have been bad of somebody that is hearing through back channels, I am going to get paid by the Sixers. Why do you force your way to the Sixers if you don't think Morey's gonna pay you. Why do you force your Why do you turn down extension from the nets if you don't think you have that money coming from the Sixers. Now the weird point with this is, and this is something I'm sure that Sixers will point to. Why then in December does James Harden start the whole Houston really wants me to think. So my question for you would be is, like we kind of think through this, do you think Darryl promised him money, and if he did, why did James Harden start to leak rumors that.
Speaker 2: He was going to go to the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the promised money thing is interesting, but I also think that, you know, I could see him taking advantage of James Harden not having an agent and and trying to use his relationship as like, you know, this is before he had an agent, right.
Speaker 2: Right now he has an agent. Yeah, at the time.
Speaker 1: Now he has an agent. So I think I don't Obviously I don't know if they promised him, but I do think that there was a wink wink thing there. I thought that the Houston thing, I mean maybe he just started getting the scents in the middle of the season like we're probably not going to pay you pal, and then he tried to, you know, create some kind of market out there. And again a bad sign for Harden that they signed Fred Van Vliet to one hundred and I mean, that's just not a good sign. So I think this whole thing has been posturing to try to get the Sixers to balk and pay, and I just don't think he wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: And like, on one hand, on one hand, I'm.
Speaker 1: Happy that Darryl is at least seeing the lights, you know, and being like, Okay, I can't pay this, Like then he's gonna sink my franchise. Like for a guy that essentially had made his career operating for James Harden a couple of times, like to be able to be like, ah, probably not the smart thing to do for this franchise. I think that's good. The only issue is what it creates, image wise for Daryl Moury and what makes the Sixers look like how they're going to disrespect one of the best players, Like, I just that's a Again, it's almost like you have to move on from Maury to rebuild your image, because I just I would be very surprised if an NBA player is like signing up. But then you start thinking about, okay, well, how does it be, Like it's just yeah, so many aspects of this thing, and it keeps just pointing back to the Moray thing.
Speaker 3: So I'll start by saying, like, I do believe that James was promised some type of money. I just and so all right, I mean in Eagles reference in here real question when the Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts right. They swore up and down, they said nothing to do with Carson. They called Jalen a backup. They said he'll never take the job. You're foolish to think he'll ever take the job. Like, we'll never know the honest to God truth. Did they draft Jalen and then things fell apart and they lucked into him, or did they draft him thinking Carson was going to fall apart? Some things in sports that are really important. We just will never know the honest of God truth with this right here, I don't think we'll ever know the honest to God truth of what Daryl said to James Harden unless he was dumb enough to put it in a text message or an email.
Speaker 2: And James Harden now has this over his head.
Speaker 3: Now, if Daryl knew that he had that, you would think he would probably act accordingly regardless. My point is this, we might never know what was actually said and what the true intentions of what was said. But everyone is lying for themselves, and they don't think James Harden is acting like someone who has promised a ton of money and is now having that money take away, like maybe Darryl mismanagement where he did it. Let's say he said something like, hey, you know, look, I want to sign PJ. Tucker and Daniel House. We can't do it. Take a little bet, a little bit less.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Next year, the new CBA will be in effect, and you know, we'll really be able to take care of you then. And that's not a promise, it's not a written thing. But let's be honest, like everyone in each of their own walks of life, let's pretend your boss says to you, hey, man, can't give you a raise right now, but I'll tell you what next year, Like I got you, Like you know I can't, but I got you. And then he did, Like how would you react to that? How would you feel if a year later you're not getting that money? So did James Hart. First of all, he had a better year last year than he did the year before, so that is worth taking considerable.
Speaker 1: I mean, he'd reestablished himself last year. I felt like, you know, and I think heading into the playoffs, I think people are like, all right, Like I think that's why the reaction so harsh right now, Eliott, is because I think people bought in again, and I think that James Harden gave us a reasonablief again because he left the league assists he was like being a good kind of sidekick to Jowell and BEIID I mean like, and I think that's what being missed here. Like we we we've all been in this situation. Like you all talk to bosses that are like, yeah, listen right now, I understand whatever. Just just wait it out. That's that's a that's a wink. It doesn't if it doesn't happen in your life, you're mad too. Yeah, you're one hundred percent it now.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 3: The other thing people will say, and what we should get into is well, then why do you opt in?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like there's a lot of you know, very popular tweets on Twitter right now, everyone getting those likes and retweets.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at it. Go get them where.
Speaker 3: It's like James Harden like, uh, you know, I don't want to play for the Sixers. James Harden opted in to play for the Sixers. But here's the deal, Like, if we want to be honest about this, when he opted in, the statement that came out was saying the Sixers are going to trade him. Like when he opted in, everyone including me, all the fans celebrated. Why because it was James Harden is not going to play for the Sixers. The overarching feeling was James Harden is gone. Now you could say like they did try to trade him.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 3: They by all reports, they've talked to the Clippers. And I don't blame Darryl Morey for asking for a ton, but ultimately James opted in with the expectation he would not play for the Sixers. And so for Daryl to release a statement or you know, maybe released, you know, talk to ESPN and say that, like, of course I'd be pissed if I was James Harden. James Harden was told by the team, and it seems pretty clear, and I'm pretty sure Maury has said this on the record, that they would work with him to try to find a trade. That is not like, again, put yourself in a real life situation here. Imagine your boss said to you, and it's tough because you don't really trade. But like let's say he said to you, Hey, I'm gonna try to get you to the Denver office. I'm gonna try to get you to to our sister company in Boston. And then you're hearing Boston wants you blah, blah blah, and then your boss like, actually, I'm not gonna do it, Like of course you would be mad. We could all sit here and talk about, well he's not giving up Terrence Man.
Speaker 2: Or wait for Paul George or all these things.
Speaker 3: Bottom line is this, James Harden doesn't care what they get back into trade. James was told he was going to be traded, and Darrel's not doing it.
Speaker 2: Is should James bite the bullet and come in? Maybe maybe he should do that.
Speaker 1: He's getting paid.
Speaker 3: Thirty five million dollars like all those things. But ultimately, I just think everyone looks bad in this situation. I can't get behind the This is James Harden being annoying. This is blah blah blah, Like it's it's all of them. I think Darryl is just as much to blame, if not more.
Speaker 1: And the thing that I keep going back to is like I don't want James Harden here anyway, but I know you do. I know you do, but I don't want him here anyway. So like I'm not gonna be managing it's Harden for a woman to get out good, great whatever.
Speaker 2: That was the reaction when the tweet came out.
Speaker 3: Remember I know that was so everyone's doing revisions history on this whole, like, oh, like, why do he opt in then? Because everyone thought he was gone. No one thought he was going to play here.
Speaker 1: And that's why, by the way, I want to break this down because I watched the video like ten times. I'm so confused. Why did he say it twice? Like like I couldn't tell if.
Speaker 3: He was like trying to set up he's a showman, Come on, no, I know, but I would think.
Speaker 1: Here's what I tell I couldn't tell they're setting up like a produced video and he wanted to get the cut right like it was like I do because the video, like the videos that all came out today were like just on people's phones that they just set off for like it looks it looked like he was trying to do like a professional, like all right, cut scene out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The funniest part is how Shams has the video with the direct quote, like you know that video taken was the video from someone on Harden's team, and you know that they were like here's exactly what he said. And the funniest part is so James Harden's in China First of all, China not the biggest fan of Darryl Morey. I would imagine this probably went over relatively well there.
Speaker 2: But he's in he's.
Speaker 3: Probably doing some like basketball camp where he's gonna stand up there and talk about like, I don't know playing basketball and how much you know whatever, and then he just comes out. Imagine being like a reporter a kid at that camp and he just comes out. He's like, Hey, we're gonna talk about basketball day. But real quick, Daryl Moore is a liar. I'll never play for the organization again. All right, who wants a free parents?
Speaker 1: Like, let's go warm up, let's go exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the other.
Speaker 3: Part of this, Like his agent has mismanaged it too. I just it's three people that are supposed to be good at their jobs that are handling it poorly.
Speaker 2: And that's what sucks. Like, that's what sucks.
Speaker 3: So a few more questions before we wrap this up, because I know, uh, you got me.
Speaker 2: Look, we have busy days.
Speaker 3: The Eagles are practicing, you gotta you gotta show to produce, and the Phillies I guess they suck again now actually the lost off that Yeah, all right, well thank god that's a well round the sixers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here's the two questions I think have to be asked before we wrap this up. One, what do you do now? If you're Darryl Moray, do you just be like, you know what, man, I don't want this anymore. I'll trade you to LA, you take back Norman Powell, Robert Covington and.
Speaker 2: Whatever, and just like end it? Do you end this today?
Speaker 3: Or if you're Darryl Moray do you dig your deal? Heelsn't even further and actually expect this guy to come camp and then go through the whole thing of like he's not practicing, so you know, he's preaching his contract, Like what would you do?
Speaker 1: It's so bad? Well because because Ben's not I think Ben didn't talk. Ben was just quiet. And just think he's always just chilling, you know what I mean? I think I don't. I don't think Hardens aren't chilling. The first thing I would do is if they can find Josh Harris. No, I don't know if they can, but uh, it's kind of similar to what happened between AI and Larry Brown, because I think that AI lost trust in the new organization when he was on the trading block and they pack Roach has talked a lot about before the two thousand and one season, before AI when I won the m v P, and obviously they had to run that. They had to sit down conversation with with with Larry Brown and Alan and they were able to, you know, kind of hash out their issues. The question is, is this thing so far gone that they can't do that they can't have a real conversation, that they can't be in the same room together, because these are two guys that have been, you know, very close for a long time. I mean, I mean Darryl Moray has a a painting of James Harden and his house. So like, wonder what the first thing I would do is I would just try to get these guys in a room like see, like you got to decide if they're gonna be able to work it out before you give them away for like the cea package from the from the Clippers, Like I don't really want them back, but I think if you want to have your best chance to win a championship, and you're Josh Harris, you care about you don't really care about winning, you care about selling tickets in your arena. I think that that's what he should do. What I think is gonna happen is that he's gonna be a clipper and it's gonna get so untenable here that he's they're gonna have to take whatever they can get. But after that, again, you have to get a gauge on if any star is gonna want to come here and see what the temperature is like for Daryl Moury around the Lee. And if it comes out that players are are avoiding Philadelhia because of James Harden's comments today, then you have to move on from Darren Moore. Yeah, because next summer becomes if you're still pulp, goal here is to maximize the jewel and beat window. You can't miss next summer. I mean next summer is when it's when your max slots finally open up. So I think there's a lot that has to be done here. But the first thing I would do is get those guys in a room and see if they can't, you know, hash out their issues.
Speaker 3: So the iverson Larry Brown thing is a really interesting comparison because I was say that the documentary just came out this summer, and I when at first when that whole thing was going down. I was probably like twelve or thirteen, so I wasn't like, who, what were you?
Speaker 1: Like? Seven?
Speaker 3: Probably I guess this was yeah, So we weren't analyzing this as we do now. Like all the dynamics of it, the Iverson Larry Brown thing, if it happened today, would end with Alan Iverson on another team for Larry Brown.
Speaker 2: Fire.
Speaker 3: I do not think in today's world they could have a meeting door in practice where they yelled and shouted and did all these things and then have it work out. Remember, Larry stepped away from the team for a few days. So when we did a Potter earlier this summer with the person that did the did the documentary, she agreed like, yeah, obviously would have been gone. So while yes, you were right, maybe get them in a room, I just don't know if I would believe it or that it would work. Like, first of all, Darrel's the one that decides if they trade him or not, so that's an huging dynamic for the meeting, and frankly, like I just don't trust that if like even if James says to Darryl, all right, I don't even know how he could say this, but okay, you know what, I think you lied to me and cost me, you know, tens of millions of dollars. But I'll forgive you and we'll keep it moving. The first thing that the first time things go bad, he's gonna ask out. And then you go into a season with someone that you think could ask out at any minute. And I don't think this can emphasize enough. The Sixers have a new head coach and a chance to build like a thing here, right, So do you really want the beginning of the Nick Nurse era to be training camp where James Harden's off in the weight room pretending his ankle hurts and like everyone's just watching him while you're trying to run a practice.
Speaker 2: Like that's an incredibly terrible way to start this.
Speaker 3: So well, I have been in the camp of obviously like they have a chance to win with James Harden. If they have him, I think they are legit title contenders. Hold on for another piece. I'm also a terrible negotiator, so there's a part of me that's like, just move on from this guy, man.
Speaker 2: Just trade in today.
Speaker 3: If they trade him today, I bet fans will be like thank God and you maybe you get some of the fans back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the thing is that the only way they're gonna win is if James Harden is bought in. Yeah, and like he's not gonna come in and like Nick Dust is gonna be like running hardcore defensive like you know, right practices, and then James RN's out there like getting over straight. Yeah yeah, yeah, he's trying to like you know, break up a pick and roll or whatever on defense, Like he's just it.
Speaker 2: We got to know what I think you have to trade.
Speaker 1: They have to. I mean that's where it's over.
Speaker 2: And it sucks that you're not.
Speaker 3: Look but like honestly, man like Norman pal can shoot, Like here I go talk to myself now.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 3: You know you're talking to the right pretty good. I love good three and d guy. And then at least like you do have the cap space.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. But the last question is, yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think Joelle, like do you think this increases a chance Joelle asks out for the start of the season, because ultimately this seaser, like anything could happen, Like do you think Joelle?
Speaker 2: And I know Joelle knew that James was mad.
Speaker 3: He knew everything and all this, like there is a public facing part of this where Joel wakes up sees this quote from China from James Harden is probably like what am I doing with my career here? Like I am the arguably the best player in the NBA, Yes, better than you'll Kitchen, And I'm like waking up to seeing my number two guy like take shots at my GM when my last GM was taking shots on me on Twitter, like you do wonder like whether we can rationalize it or not. When the breaking point is for Joelle, I actually.
Speaker 1: I just I believe he's fine, Like I think he's just like, yeah, I think he's just cool. I think he's I I'm not sure the whole championship thing. I think if he wins one, he's happy, but I think he likes being now. The one thing that could change year is the city's turning like really on Joel Embiid, which we're kind of getting there and they are, well, then I think we'll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are very mad at.
Speaker 1: Him where I think that's when he would ask out. But I think as long as he's the star of the team, you know, he gets to beat Joel Embiid in Philadelphia and I think he wants the player as long as he can. And I think the only thing that that turns this for Joelle is that the city really really gets on him. I mean they're they're getting on him now and they're but it's almost calmed down because now it feels like the ire is more on James Harden and Darryl and Josh Harris and whatever, whereas like, I think the spotlight's been off Juellan. But I think the only way he really asks out is is if the city really turns on him. And that's where it's me interesting because if James Harden doesn't come back next year, and if Norman Powell and Robert Covington and whatever, the expectations aren't going to be the championship. So I don't think people are gonna be like like crushed if they lose in the second round next year. Let's be like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Although I can kind of talk myself into like Joel Maxi, Maxie takes the step role players Nick Nurse, the East isn't that good?
Speaker 2: Like I'm already getting there, Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's the thing is the thing the reason why I would do the Clippers traight is because you know, the Clippers don't I mean, they're I don't know, they're so weird. But if you can just get like a collection of guys and then next year get a try to get a star in here, I mean, there's a path there. There's a path because the problem with the Sixers last couple years for me is that like they just didn't have the depth around those games, Like they just have the stars. It's fine, but the NBA now it's like you gotta have eight competent players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look at the Celtics and the Nuggets, like they had deep rotations. But what you said, I think I think is interesting and also maybe a good way to kind of bring this full circle. Like you started this by saying, it just sucks. It sucks for fans, it sucks to see this. It sucks if you want the Sixers to be good. And I think that's probably how Joel feels.
Speaker 2: Ultimately.
Speaker 3: Do I think Joel wants to leave Philadelphia. No, I think Joel wants to stay in Philadelphia. I think he feels a genuine commitment to the franchise. I think he wants to win here. But I also think that like Sixers fans, he's probably close to just being fed up with this, Like he's fed up with waking up and seeing like all this drama going on that frankly, most of the times he has nothing to do with, Like the tweets aggravate me, and he said the thing about, you know, maybe I'll win somewhere else or whatever. But for the most part, eighty percent of the drama, if not ninety percent, since Joelle's been here, has not been because of Joel. Like he has handled himself well, He's played really well, and so I think Joel probably feels like a lot of fans feel right right now, which is like a mad but also like I see all these people saying, well, I'm not gonna watch Sixers games and blah blah blah blah, Like let's all be honest, We're gonna follow the team, We're gonna watch them, Joelle's gonna be here, and everyone's just gonna be frustrated and it just sucks. Where to your point, like the Eagles are starting up, Phillies are turning it around, the Union are the best team in the city, and we still have to deal with all this Sixers stuff. So the one thing we don't have to be upset about is shout out to Jack for coming on the POSTA very appreciative Kyle is off ripping American Airlines in Australia. Thankfully he's made it there. It looks like he's having a great time. Happy he made he made it there.
Speaker 1: Very jealous.
Speaker 3: But you are nice enough to come on. So for those that for some reason you're living under rock and you don't know where to find Jack. Obviously Jack Frits on Twitter, but also High Hope's the best pot Philly's podcast in the game and obviously on WP all the time.
Speaker 2: So Jack, thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much for coming on.
Speaker 3: Man. Of course I'll text you in a few minutes. I'm sure we will talking about this.
Speaker 1: All day when there's big news.
Speaker 2: We're your guys, the basketball guys right here. Me and I love it.
Speaker 1: Again, I mentioned at the beginning, like I love the Sixers. It's just like this sucks man, Like it's just it's they're not they are ruining. It's a good time in the city right now. What they do well.
Speaker 3: The good news is the Eagles practice tonight, so this will wave all under the rug.
Speaker 2: But thanks again to everyone that's listening. As well. We super appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I always say I appreciate everyone that listens, but especially the offseason pods this late, I just it means a lot to me. You guys take the chance to take the time out of your day to listen to the pod. So until next time, or until more breaking news comes, this has been Clap your hands brought to you by Odyssey Sports. Make sure you download that app, get all the episodes first, and Jack, I'll talk to you a little bit man, See you, buddy.