Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlywed?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Haylen Miller Keys, and Jared Haven, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all nude episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. You might be asking yourself why why why are they nude? And I'll tell you why. It's because Jared's not here today, so we can do whatever the heck we want.
Speaker 2: We are not nude, we are. That would be a wild episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah for the audio for the people listening to this podcast on their commute to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, knowing that we're nude, be crazy.
Speaker 2: No, we do video for like fifteen seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and imagine how many more likes we get if you are nude.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, like that, I've been nude on this podcast before. It's your turn.
Speaker 2: Now I'm good.
Speaker 1: Only I was gonna say, like, only only fans, But what's the playoff.
Speaker 2: Only fans we could make only suck?
Speaker 3: What are we doing today, Kaitlin?
Speaker 2: Today we're talking about my bachelorette party. We're talking about your hole in one, your bachelor party, which is coming up very quickly. Jard's not here today, so we're just kind of going to chat amongst ourselves, chat weddings and and everything that's coming up in the next thirty eight days.
Speaker 1: Nice. So basically everything we've talked about every day every week for the.
Speaker 2: Way things have changed. I had my bachelorette I don't be critical of it. I'm just saying, and you know, we hit an RSVP date, so everyone has had to have RSVP'd. If they haven't, they're not coming.
Speaker 1: Who has an RVP?
Speaker 2: You brother, shoot and your sister? Thank all right, Tanya, Tanya.
Speaker 3: Rad Oh, Tanya, get on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know you're listening.
Speaker 2: She's not.
Speaker 1: Uh, maybe we'll call in to Ryan Seacrest one oh five point five kiss FM.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually have no idea what it is. Let me just check it's okay, we don't need to check. It's irrelevant for my own No, it's okay. We're podcasting right now. You can just do this later. Fine, So tell us about your bachelorette party.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my bachelorette party was this past weekend. We started on Thursday, and I don't know why. I just wanted to soak up every second of the weekend. Friday to Sunday felt too short. I think Friday to Sunday would have been totally fine. It was a long time, but Thursday everyone showed up. I picked up one of my girlfriends from the airport and we got checked into the hotel. And I had a company help with the logistics and the planning and all of that. They're called Batch to Basics. So these girls from Pennsylvania flew in for my bachelorette and they came and set everything up. And so I told them when we were planning this, I was like, I don't really want the stereotypical like bride with balloons and you know, the penis straws and everything. I just I wasn't that wasn't appealing to me. I wanted it to be like Bridgardton themed and like very cute and fun and girly. And that's exactly what they did. We didn't have any balloons, we didn't have any of that.
Speaker 1: You tell me you didn't have a single penis straw your bachelorette party.
Speaker 2: Not one penis straw. Come on, It's just not what I wanted. And I'm not, like, I don't know, I feel like that's fine if you're going out and you're partying, and it's whole, the whole, like one penis forever. It's just not what I wanted penis straws.
Speaker 3: You passed on penis straws.
Speaker 2: I will get them for your preps.
Speaker 1: I say, now I have to get penis straws. Fine, twist my arm. I'll get some penis straws for my bachelor party.
Speaker 2: I'll get them for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I guess I don't really think you should be required to get me anything for my bachelor party.
Speaker 2: Well, you got me two bottles of champagne delivered to the hotel, which was so nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm like really nice, And.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm also nicer, But I'm.
Speaker 1: Just saying you don't have to feel obligated to be nice just because I'm the nicest guy in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Dan for his bachelor party is going on.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, we're still so far from being done with your bachelorette party.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to explain why I can't deliver anything to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that can come later. I want to hear more about this bachelorette party.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're still on Thursday, the girls show up. They decorated. It's so cute. We had this cool, like I don't even know what you call it, nineties cake. It kind of reminded me of the cake from Harry Potter that Adobe drops on the.
Speaker 3: Stepmom, like covered in frost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, just really fun. And so we had one of those cakes and we all stuck our wine glasses in it ate the cake. It was great, and just had pizza that night, got dressed up in juicy couture sweatsuits. What kind of pizza we had everything? We had cheese from me Pepper Roa was the company though, Oh not a glue. I didn't even look at the box. Not Domino's, that's for sure, like a local ranch, sweatpants, juicy guitur yep. It was so fun and we played fish Bowl.
Speaker 3: Is Juicy making a comeback?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it already has. Yeah, it's it's back better than ever it's back. And it was just really fun and which just like played games chilled. I really tried not to drink a ton because the night prior I was so exhausted. My one of my best friends and I went to Taylor Swift. How is that insane. She is so good. It is unbelievable, her talent and her stamina, Like how, I don't know how she can do what she does.
Speaker 3: She's been lip syncing every show.
Speaker 2: That is ridiculous. That's just made that up. I heard the Swifties are going to come after you and they're going to find her address and they're going to hunt you down.
Speaker 1: Now, for the record, I think lip syncing is a fine thing to do. You're still performing on stage.
Speaker 2: Where do you have this TikTok conspiracy?
Speaker 1: No? I read an article in Forbes about it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you did not. I think you're just making up.
Speaker 1: I am making this up.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Taylor Swift was incredible. She is so good. We just had a really good time. And in my mind, I have a really bad concept of time. I think I was like, all be home by eleven PM. I'm gonna leave a little bit early. Beat traffic. You're not No, that was insane. But I knew her set list and I knew the last two songs. The last song in particular, I didn't need to hear. So I was thinking I could just leave a little bit early, get to bed, feel well rested, go pick up my friends from the airport in the morning and it'll be great. We didn't get home until two. I wasn't in bed until two thirty, so I texted my friend and I drink a little, a little too much. I was a little tipsy, which is not like me, and I texted my friend. I was like, there's no chance I can pick you up in the airport. I have to leave in like two a few hours, and I need more sleep than that if we're about to go into the bachelorette weekend. But then my body just woke me up at seven am, so I was like, scratch that. So sorry about that text that I texted you at two am. I'm on my way picked her up. No big deal. But I was exhausted, fully exhausted. So we had a very till night the first night.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'd tell me what was more fun the bachelorette party or.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift bachelorette I didn't honestly, after Taylor Swift, I was on such a high. I wasn't even excited for my bachelorette anymore. I was like, honestly, like, I'm good. I don't need a bachelorette after that, but then we got into the weekend and it was really fun.
Speaker 3: Are you still riding that same high?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little tired, but I am. You know, anytime I look at the photos from either Taylor Swift or the Bachelorette, I'm reinvigorated.
Speaker 1: Oh, because it's been almost exactly a week since Taylor Swift almost Yeah, and this is the first time I've seen her in concert.
Speaker 3: No second, because we sawry I hurt radio fests.
Speaker 2: No, I was not with you. That must have been another girl.
Speaker 3: Must have been girls always went together.
Speaker 2: I went with my little sister for her sixteenth birthday.
Speaker 3: Reputation nice and has she improved her performances?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah. I didn't think she could, but absolutely.
Speaker 3: What was so great about it.
Speaker 2: The nostalgia factor. I touched on this a little bit last week, just to go through every era and just be reminded, like, oh my gosh, like I was this.
Speaker 1: Is that why they're calling it the ariostore because she sings a song from every album?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that really true?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: Congrats, thank you, I got there, thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did she play twenty two?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: She did, yes, because she probably plays a different song from every album every different time.
Speaker 2: You know, she has a set set list, so let me just feel your set set list, set setlist. She plays the same songs every time, but she has two surprise songs each each concert, And so I made a playlist of all the surprise songs she hasn't sung yet. Oh and that's like the whole anticipation thing. Everyone's freaking out there, like, what are our surprise songs going to be? Everyone's predicting.
Speaker 3: Didn't she make some big announcement while you were there?
Speaker 2: Yes, she did. Dean well done so much. She announced that her next album she's re recording is nineteen eighty nine. And do you know why she's rerecording her albums?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand the Scooter Brons stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh good, great, Yeah, so that was a huge announcement. Everyone's freaking out.
Speaker 1: I thought she was like coming out of the TV show or something.
Speaker 3: That's what it made. You made it seem like, I.
Speaker 2: Think you're thinking of what is it called? Oh yeah, yeah, so it's like nineteen eighty nine TV speak now TV. I think that's what you keep seeing all over the internet. And I was confused hers too, but it's speak now Taylor's version. There's no television show.
Speaker 3: I gotcha, I gotcha, Okay.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: So it was great. I mean, and people were, you know, commenting, and they're like, I think you were at one of the best shows. We got the announcement, we got amazing songs, and it was a blast.
Speaker 1: That's great. I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: And then I went into the Bachelorrette weekend and I'm so glad we got to go to bed super early because then I was able to recover for the next day. But I was just like so excited that I couldn't sleep. I was waking up at five point thirty every morning, So that wasn't great. But the next day we're into Friday. Now, okay, this is when I surprised the girls with the puppy party. Okay, and so everyone got these beautiful sulky dresses. All I wanted was to dress up in these cute selky dresses, have a tea party, picnic, and just spin around enjoy being in these crazy dresses that will never, you know, typically wear.
Speaker 1: My friends thought you guys were doing like a Disney princess theme.
Speaker 2: Bridgerton was the theme.
Speaker 1: Well, because like Phoebe had that purple one, Ali had the blue one that looked like snow white and she already has the blonde hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more like Bridgerton, you know, we had.
Speaker 1: That Bridgerton though.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, like I don't even.
Speaker 3: Know what era that was, Disney princesses.
Speaker 2: No, it's just like England kings and queens, like the Victorian era. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it is, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I don't know. Actually it's just Bridgerton. It's sweet, it's wholesome. Maybe not wholesome. It is a show about sex, but.
Speaker 1: The show is wholesome.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh minus the sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just wanted to dress up in dresses that we would never typically be able to do and have a picnic and a deep party. That was my goal. And then I had this idea that we've been talking about for the wedding, and I really want to incorporate rescue dogs into the wedding in some way. I just didn't know if it would be feasible. So then I reached out to this San Diego rescue place and I was like Hey, I have the weirdest idea if this, If you can't do it, totally understand. But I'd love to bring puppies to a picnic and rescue and senior dogs. And they were like, absolutely, we do puppy parties. So I was like, you know, my fiance and I love to adopt seniors, would love to like focus on seniors. And they're like, we'll do a combination of both. Than they did. They brought the cutest puppies and then they brought the sweetest seniors. One senior only had two legs and he was the happiest dog in the world just running around on his two legs. He had a wheelchair, but he was like happier off of his wheelchair, just running around. We had a blind dog who's eight named Geppetto. We had another dog who I think his legs were mobile. He was in a wagon the whole time, but had a wheelchair that he didn't want to put on. And we had a sweet little cross eyed puppy reminded me a little bit of al It was great. They were all so wonderful.
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 3: You didn't bring any of them home with you.
Speaker 2: I talked to you about Geppetto, and I was talking myself through Geppetto. He was so great, the most loving dog. So all the puppies were in a pin. We had to you know, use hand sanitizer before we entered the pin. And Geppetto was like the dad of the He wasn't, but he like took over as dad of the puppies and just loved them all so much. But Geppetto is too big to fly, and we fly a lot, and Al can just go under our seat, so it would be really hard. And then it's two hundred dollars to fly with Al. Now it would be four hundred dollars to fly with Geppetto and Al. It would just be too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not worth it. Go back to the pound Geepetto.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not going to adopt it. I'm still I still want it. Wance Al dies, No, not going to die. On to Saturday, Let's get on anyways, it was great. We had a great time at the picnic. Saturday. What did we do Saturday? Oh Saturday, we played pickaball nice and most of my friends had never played. I think three of us, four of us had ever played, and the rest hadn't and they were all really really good. Phoebe was great, Everyone had a blast. Nobody really wanted to go, and I could tell, so the whole weekend, I just really wanted everyone to have fun because I've been to bachelorettes before where people they're dreading going, they're complaining, they're just miserable. They're like, this is so stupid. I don't want to drink, I don't want to party, I don't want to spend all this money. And I just really wanted it to be fun and enjoyable. And nobody complained, and if they did, they didn't do it to my face, which was nice. But I think everyone had a good time and people kept saying that it was fun and all the activities were great. So I just wanted my friends to have a blast, and they all got along so well. Also with bachelorettes, and this was something I was worried about, you know, like the personalities not meshing super well. Everyone got along. There was no drama at all, and it was shocking. I feel like that's kind of unheard of.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked, shocked.
Speaker 2: Color me shocked.
Speaker 3: So are you happy that it's over now?
Speaker 2: No, I'm sad.
Speaker 1: Well, like that it's behind you, then you don't have to worry about, like stress about planning it or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I was never once stressed about planning it. I had so much fun. This is getting me excited for my thirtieth birthday because you know you'll be able to come and I'll be able to do this all over again.
Speaker 3: You're twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I know I've got two years to plan.
Speaker 1: What that might be the weirdest thing you've ever said. I swear that might be the weirdest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: You said.
Speaker 2: I'm planning my thirtieth birthday. I know exactly what we're going to do. We're either going to go to the Emptons or we're going to go to this place in New York and it's similar to our wedding venue.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm available that week.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, how is that a weird thing to say? You know I love to plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're planning your thirtieth birthday before you even want to think about planning your twenty ninth birthday.
Speaker 2: I don't care about twenty nine.
Speaker 3: That's why it's weird.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't do birthday parties. I will for thirtieth. M it's not weird.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get dirty for the thirty yeah in the Hampton's.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Okay, well you go. No, So do you think I'm so weird?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not saying I don't think you're weird at all. Please don't twist my words. I'm saying that is the weirdest thing I've.
Speaker 3: Ever heard, yesday. Not No, I'm not. I'm thirty two.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be like, oh, I cannot wait for my thirty fifth birthday party.
Speaker 3: Five it's gonna be wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, thirty five is half of seventy. That's okay, a big deal.
Speaker 2: I just really enjoyed planning this so much. I'm not really planning our wedding.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it wasn't you enjoyed planning, or it wasn't for me. You're talking you're not fantastic planning. But you could just do this for your next birthday, which is your twenty ninth birthday.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna pay money for my twenty ninth birthday. People will pay for the thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I just really love planning, and I want to do this more and Phoebe and I've been talking. Phoebe was at my bachelorette about doing something like this, like it's just so fun for me. So yeah, that's the only thing I can really plan at the moment. But hopefully Phoebe and I can get our business up and running off the ground and I can plan all the time.
Speaker 3: What's your business at an event planning company?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is cool. Phoebe's great at Floral's. We just like kind of can bounce off each other. But we'll see. Anyways, I had a great time.
Speaker 3: That's asking. Well, I didn't ask, but I'm glad you had a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. My favorite thing we did. And we also did this at our engagement party kind of in a way. Dean and I both hate being the center of attention, and so at our engagement party, it was just our families left and a couple close friends and they were like, let's all go around and talk about why we love Dean and Kaylin, and we're like, no, instead, let's go around and talk about why we love each of you guys, and I alternated. He talked about one person and I talked about the next person, and just kind of talked about why we love all of those people, and it was the highlight of our engagement party for me. It was just very intimate and special and sweet. And so we did a version of that at my bachelorette, which I learned from Ben Higgins. We were at an iHeart radio fest in Vegas and he was like, let's go and compliment the person next to each other.
Speaker 3: Remember that, I do remember that.
Speaker 2: And do you remember the weird thing. Let's not bring that up.
Speaker 3: That's why igled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a weird thing that happened with the weird guy. So I had the girls do that and it was so sweet. That was like easily the highlight of the bachelorette, just seeing everyone like.
Speaker 1: Girls who So you went around and said nice things about everyone there.
Speaker 2: No, I did the compliment thing. I said, version of that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see right, So you did. It's like you compliment to your right day, compliment to the right and so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: So we started off with Tory, and one of my friends is just not the most emotional. She's great, a wonderful, amazing friend, but it is not like emotional. And so she went first, and then Ali, who's a therapist went second and made everyone cry, and it was just so it was funny and it was just so sweet. So girls had only known each other for forty eight hours and they're just can already pick up on the great things about them and their personalities, and it was very special.
Speaker 3: Should we do it right now? Compliment the person to your left.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna compliment? Alistair?
Speaker 3: Alistair? You're so cute?
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's good. I'm really glad you had fun. I'm glad all your friends had fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless they're lying.
Speaker 1: Which you never know with girls and guys, are had a great time.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they did.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they did, because you can't fake those smiles and those puppies one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And they had a great time, there's no question in my mind. But I bet you there is like some silly, like little tiny thing they're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, no, I know. People weren't excited to go to pick a ball and then they played and they didn't want to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're never gonna when you have a group of that many people, you're never gonna do everything that everyone wants to do all the time.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's also why I tried to not plan a lot, because I feel like when you go on trips whatever it is, and it's overly planned, you're dreading it. So this like first night pizza party, second day puppy party, and then dinner on the property and then it's like we just lounged by the pool. We didn't really have a set schedule or agenda. So I think that made people happy.
Speaker 3: It was nice. We hate set schedules.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't put us on a boat with a set schedule. Oh please don't or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about, too. Nice.
Speaker 3: Well, i'm really happy for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, I'm also happy. That's great and I'm happy for you. You get to do it next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wine's gonna be a little different than yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your plan?
Speaker 1: No set schedule. Well, we're on a boat and I've got a very strict schedule. I guess we should say that. Yeah, yeah, nothing for me. We're getting a house boat. Then for me, we're getting a house boat and we're just gonna wing it. We're gonna bring some beer. No golf, I'm shocked there's a golf course down there.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Yeah, are you gonna get off the boat one day in golf.
Speaker 3: I think, so, yeah, at least once.
Speaker 2: Can you are you driving this boat yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Have I ever driven a house boat? No?
Speaker 3: It is it? Probably that hard?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: One time Dean and I were in like Como and the people at the hotel were like, we don't have a driver for you. Can you just drive your own boat? And she's like, yeah, I've driven a boat plenty of times, never driven.
Speaker 3: Gave us a speedboat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: They like, do you want a speedboat for the day.
Speaker 1: I was like yeah, And then we get out to the boat and they're like, all right, have fun, and they didn't even like give me a briefing or a rundown. I was like, okay, so I think I do this, and I think I do you know, Like it worked, and I'm but I can only imagine if someone was like maybe scared or hesitant to do it and then they start driving, you could easily crash that thing, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: And these boats are like so lavish and expensive, and there's boats everywhere because that's all people want to do on like Como.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and like a lot of there's like a lot of courtesies that go into boating that if you don't boat, which I don't, but I at least like to think that I understand some of those courtesies a little bit more than most people would. If you don't understand those courtesies, like you could be pissing the wrong people off.
Speaker 2: Like right, like the tours, there were groups of like you know, probably twenty people on a boat on a tour and we're kind of taking up that spot to take photos and like to get drune job.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we were sitting in that little lagoon for a while, Like that could.
Speaker 2: Have been a courtesy that maybe we weren't at hearing.
Speaker 1: I was talking more about like wake like making awake and stuff, and like if someone's out of the boat, you need to like raise a flag, which, like you know, most people probably don't know unless you're like our a boater.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it's a good thing you got practicing, and like como, I've driven a boat before, Oh okay a couple of times. I had never and you just and then at one point Deane just jumps off the side of the boat and he's like, you know how to drive this, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, every time I've driven a boat, it's like I'm with the guy that has a boat and he's like, hey, do you want to drive real quick? And I'm like, yeah, absolutely. But this one that was like, you have to take it out of the dock and docket.
Speaker 2: How do you know how to dock?
Speaker 3: I'm good at.
Speaker 1: Stuff, I guess. I like to think you can put me in any scenario with no like pre I don't know ideas are of it, and I figure it out, Okay.
Speaker 2: I like to think, yeah, I'm interested to see how this hospital is, how many people does it sleep?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: It's kind of an iffy situation. So there was one really nice, like eighty five foot luxury boat that slept twelve sixteen actually, but it was like eight thousand dollars for the weekend. And I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible because, like, I don't want my friends to have to pay a lot of money. A lot of my friends are broke, even though the broke friends aren't actually going to be coming now, so that's kind of annoying. But because they're not coming, it's going to be less people to split, so it's going to be more for everyone. Anyway, So I'm so glad I kept the cost down, so I got the smallest one.
Speaker 3: It sleeps ten. Telling everyone that sleeps fourteen.
Speaker 2: And how many people are there, there's.
Speaker 3: Probably going to be like around ten. Well, that's a weird twitch you.
Speaker 2: I just think it's not I think that's not right.
Speaker 1: Why I thought it's more No, I am merely uh, I heard sixteen. This is why I didn't want to have a bachelor party in the first place, because I've invited twenty people, I've gotten ten notes, and now I feel like like people don't like me.
Speaker 2: I felt that too with mine. You know. I had girls say they couldn't come to.
Speaker 1: Be tenty four too exactly. Then we'll splay that by five. And that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: No, it does suck and it hurts. And I've been dealing with this a little bit with the wedding too. When people say no, whether it's a valid reason or not, it still hurts and it feels personal and I don't think it is and I think we should change our perspective. And I do want to say I talked to my therapists last week and she said, and this pertains to yours and our wedding is well, all the people who are supposed to be there will be there, and the girls that showed up. It was the perfect group. Everyone got along. It was. It could not have gone any better. Like, I wouldn't have changed a single thing. Same goes for your bachelor party, same goes for the wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for my bachelor party, I wanted, like my La friends to hang out with my Colorado friends.
Speaker 2: They'll hang at the wedding, and then I.
Speaker 1: Wanted Wells, Brett and Ben to be there too, to hang out with all of them because they like. It's like three, three or four different friend groups that I want that never get to hang out with each other because they're not friends. But I could be like the common denominator and then they all get to hang out and then get to spend time with each other and see how much they like each other, which they would, but now it's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, Wells, Brett and Ben are a little bougie, so I'm kind of glad that they're not going.
Speaker 1: Well, if they were coming, we would have gotten the nice people. Okay, Okay, that's what I'm saying, And they have a valid reason.
Speaker 2: I guess they do, they do, they do. But everyone's going to hang at the wedding, like there's so much time to hang at the wedding.
Speaker 3: Look, I get it. You don't have to like comfort me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what do you want me to say? Your friends hate you?
Speaker 1: No, But I'm just saying I feel like I'm being caddled right now, Like it's okay, some of your friends aren't.
Speaker 3: Coming when it's gonna be fine?
Speaker 2: What do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: Be fine?
Speaker 3: You don't need to necessarily say anything.
Speaker 1: I get. I understand the situation. I don't need to be comforted about it. I'm just gonna cry.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's where I'm at. There's gonna be maybe ten and we'll see how it goes. And that's all I got.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a blast. So you just dog at night, or you just float at night.
Speaker 1: You pull up to like a shoreline along the lake, and then you anchor down, okay, and then you sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think you guys are going to sleep a lot or just be drunk the whole time.
Speaker 1: Excuse me. I actually don't really drink very much anymore.
Speaker 2: But that's why I'm I'm curious how this is going to go.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I haven't had I haven't done it yet. I'll let you know after the back.
Speaker 2: What's your prediction so we can come back to this.
Speaker 1: We're gonna drink. Yeah, we're probably gonna play some golf. I would imagine, play some games, and we might get a speedboat one day, so we'll stay active, maybe jets because are like too small and they're expensive, so okay, but we'll see that sounds fun. But yeah, that's all I got for you. Sorry, it's not gonna be as great as yours, obviously.
Speaker 2: But well yeah, obviously, obviously.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I wanted to cancel the bachelor party, but my brother called me. He's like, you have to do this. Like yeah, He's like, everyone does this, you have to do it. I was like, dude, fine. I was so annoyed and like my other friends, so I put like five or six friends in a group chat, the ones that I could rely on that I know would be able and willing to spend money and want to take a trip. So I put everyone in a group chat that could do that, and they were like getting mad at me for dragging my feet. They were telling me that I have to do this, and they were saying, like, we're working so hard, and I was like, you're not working hard at all. I'm doing everything now, and it was just getting so freaking annoying, and I was so happy to just call it off and say like, I don't want to do this. I don't want to stress about people not showing up. I don't want to stress about over spending and having people spend more money than they are willing to. And then eventually I was just like, fine, I'll do this for you guys, like I'm doing it for them.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're gonna have so much fun. It's gonna be worth it. You're gonna look back and be like, that was one of the best weekends of my life.
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll be the best weekend of my life at all. I think it will be fun.
Speaker 2: No, there's something about getting your friends together and friends from different even if it's not like all these different groups you wanted, it still is different groups. It's gonna be great. Can you just have some positivity.
Speaker 3: You're still just trying to be too comforting right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my gosh, is Ross going.
Speaker 3: Uh No, he's definitely not going.
Speaker 2: Rat's going though.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, just me and Brad, just us two.
Speaker 2: Did Mark and Josh tell you that they texted me and asked me to plan or not plan, but help them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was like a secret group side group test.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and it was just like, come on, it got a little exhausting for you.
Speaker 1: And it's also like, okay, if you guys wanted to do this, and if you wanted to plan it, why didn't you try doing this two months ago?
Speaker 2: I don't know why nobody took this over sooner or immediately.
Speaker 3: I agree, it hurts my feelings.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't hurt your feelings. You were adamant that you wanted to do it, but they should have known you better that you hate planning.
Speaker 3: Well, I just didn't want to do anything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that goes back to Dean hating being the center of attention.
Speaker 1: I just don't like inviting people places because then I feel like I'm responsible for the one that they're going to have or not have, And then, like I said, if people don't show up, then I feel bad about it.
Speaker 3: I'm on the bridgetiers right now.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not allowed to caddle. Suck it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, suck it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't really know what to say because I am a coddler.
Speaker 1: So we'll see how it goes. Let's just leave at that. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: We'll see it'll be great.
Speaker 3: Don't say that.
Speaker 2: Can we also talk about your hole in one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got a hole in one?
Speaker 2: You guys, you do not sound very excited.
Speaker 3: I got a hole in one.
Speaker 2: Still not good enough.
Speaker 1: I don't know how did you feel?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if any of any of you listeners out there ever played golf before. But the most illustrious thing a bad golfer can do, like me, is get a hole in one.
Speaker 3: It never happened. A lot of people go their whole.
Speaker 1: Lives without ever getting a hole in one.
Speaker 2: You know, do you think that'd be you?
Speaker 1: I was kind of like and I was thinking, like, I'll just never get a hole in one, and I was fine with it. I came to terms with that. It's like, yeah, I like I don't need to get a hole on one. Sure i'd love one, but like, I'm not good enough to expect to get a hole in one.
Speaker 3: You know, it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: And even like if you think about I know, golf isn't your thing, so I can't really get into too many like specifics. But like you, you don't just like hit it two hundred yards into the hole ever on a four on or par five, like it happens once in a lifetime essentially, and so.
Speaker 3: I just like my hole.
Speaker 1: Like, but it's funny because like three weeks ago, I did have an eagle for the first time in a long time. I chipped in from like one hundred and fifty yards out, which was cool, but it wasn't like you don't frame a scorecard with an eagle on it. You'll really only frame a scorecard with a whole one on it.
Speaker 2: Did you keep it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I still have it. So we drive up to the green. We see the ball on the bunker, the first guy. We see the ball long, and then we see the ball on the green. Another ball on the green, and so I got out of the car, I grabbed my butter, I grabbed my wedge, thinking I like went long into the back bunker, and my buddy Josh is playing this very specific it's like a speckled vice golf ball. So we get up and the ball that's long, which I thought was mine, was speckled, and so I was like, okay, that's not mine. I must be in the bunker.
Speaker 3: So I like start walking towards the bunker.
Speaker 1: But Josh is ahead of me, and he like goes up to the hole and looks into it, and he he like I could tell he was mad because he's like jealous. I guess, like he wanted to be the guy that got the whole one, you know. So he looks at the hole, looks back.
Speaker 3: At me, and he goes, DDE, your ball's in the hole.
Speaker 1: And then everyone else like reacted big, like jumping up and down. My buddy tackled me on the green. I'm on the green and I'm looking up at Josh and I was like, this, mother's lying to me right now, because I hadn't looked in the hole yet, so I hadn't confirmed that my ball was in the hole. So I look up at Josh and I was like, is my ball seriously in the hole right now, Josh? And He's like, it's in the hole. And then I was like, okay, maybe I actually did make a hole one. So then I and everyone's on top of me. At this point, I'm doggy piled on the green at the bottom of the doggy pile. So I get up and I walk over to the hole, and sure enough, my little titleist ten Provy one X with a smiley face on it, was sitting in the hole, and the smiley face was looking right I was looking right up at me. Yeah, And it was weird because of that series of events, from hitting it knowing it was good but not seeing it, to getting up onto the green and not being the first one to see it in the cup, and then being tackled and celebrating it without having it be confirmed.
Speaker 3: There was never like a rush that hit me.
Speaker 1: You know. It never felt like I finally hit a hole in one because there were so many weird events leading up to it that didn't feel like. I didn't I wasn't the first to confirm it, I wasn't the first to see it, and so I just never felt I never felt like I thought I would feel when I got a hole in one, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Versus like you hit it and you just watch it roll in exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's stinks because it was a perfect shot. It landed six yards in front of the hole, right on the target with the pin obviously, and it just probably just dribbled right into the cup, hit the flag and dropped in. And yeah it was obviously. I'm really happy and excited about it. What stinks is Braemar used to give people that got a hole in one in a tournament. This is like a Skins tournament that we were playing in. If you get a hole in one, they send you to Caaba for a weekend. And I like just missed out on that jackpot by like five months, crazy.
Speaker 3: Which stinks.
Speaker 1: And then if you get a hole in one, I don't know if you know this, but you like you're expected to buy everyone drinks.
Speaker 2: For literally not just your group, for literally the.
Speaker 3: Rest of the day. Everyone's you're supposed to be buying everyone drinks.
Speaker 2: Your group are like everyone in the bark your group and everyone at the bar.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: And so there was a group of our friends behind, like kind of our loose friends behind us, like people we know but don't hang out with, and they were like, deed, we're getting drinks on you or Dan, thanks for the beer, Dan, thanks for the shot, And I'm like, so I just started lying to people. I was like, oh no, actually I hit one out of bounds, and then my second ball that I hit the hole, because like, I'm not gonna buy all of your guys's drinks.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a thousand dollars bar tab.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And the reason I found out, the reason that you're supposed to buy everyone drinks when you get a hole in one is because most country clubs have a pool. So like every time you pay your Greens fee or your cart fee or whatever, or your monthly do's or whatever it is, they put like two to five dollars into this pool, and then if you hit a hole in one, you get that pool of money. So typically it would be like three to five thousand dollars you would get and.
Speaker 2: They don't do that anymore either.
Speaker 1: Well, we just don't do that at the club at this club, okay. And so like if Wells were to get a hole in one at his club, which I know he has, actually I never I'm not sure if they do this sit there either, but like that's what my friend was telling me, Like, typically there's like a pool of money that goes to the person that gets the hole in one, and that's why, Like you're buying everyone drinks because you're getting money from everyone essentially, and obviously I'm not getting any money. So I want to skin. I won sixty dollars on a skin.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, like covered a couple of people's.
Speaker 3: Drinks, covered one shot. Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now I've got my first hole in one, which is which is great. Now I can go out and get a bunch more. Uh, and I need to. I'm gonna frame the scorecard. I kept the ball. I'm gonna put that in the frame. I'm going to print out a picture of the hole, and I'm gonna post a picture a selfie that I took a group that I was with.
Speaker 2: Oh cute, I love that up in the office.
Speaker 1: In the office.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Gonna build it all myself.
Speaker 2: Love it. Has Ben Higgins gotten a hole in one?
Speaker 1: I don't think so?
Speaker 2: Oh does that make you feel good?
Speaker 1: Maybe he has. I'm better at golf than Bennis. What last time I played with him? At least I was.
Speaker 2: I think he had one bad day. You always talk about Hutbins, Who's better Ben or Wells?
Speaker 3: Wells?
Speaker 2: And how many does Wells have one hole in one?
Speaker 3: Wells only as the one too.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so you're equal.
Speaker 3: We're equal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The barometer for skill in golf is how many hole on ones you have. No, But it's interesting because one of my buddies at the club where I play, Kyle, great golfer, like he's better than Wells. He's been he's played thirty five he's been playing golf since he was, you know, teenagers. In twenty years, he plays a lot. He would play three or four times a week probably in his heyday. He just got his first ever hole in one like two weeks ago. And so like this great golfer that's played so much golf, it took him twenty years to get his first ever hole in one. You know, that's just kind of a testament to how random it is. Yeah, and that's all it is at the end of the day, too, is randomness. Like you hit a million good shots on a part three, one of them goes in no matter, It just is it's a lot of luck. It's a lot of randomness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm very happy for you. Yeah, thanks, I got Dina bottle of woove. It's sitting right in front of us, unopened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to put that in the fridge. But yeah, my life has it's only up from here.
Speaker 2: So my life is what were you going to say?
Speaker 3: My life is at an acme right now, I'm peaking.
Speaker 2: You're preaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you got your bachelor party, you get to marry the love of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's all good things, all good things, all great things. Have you bought your tucks yet?
Speaker 1: No? I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're about thirty eight days from the west.
Speaker 3: Oh, how are we?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: When are you going to do that?
Speaker 3: I'm going to do it when it's going to get done.
Speaker 1: But it's on the rundown, so it doesn't it doesn't matter when I do it because it's going to be done before the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you could have an ill fitting suit.
Speaker 1: I sure could.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's thirty eight days away.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 3: You think you can't tailor a suit in thirty eight days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got to buy it and then you got to you could have two rounds of tailoring.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's a week.
Speaker 2: People are pretty brapped up these days. My tailor two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's for having pants a wedding dress.
Speaker 3: We've gone over this weddings.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about just our tailor here in Vegas. I don't never gone.
Speaker 1: I don't know who Taylor is, but I'm sure the guy that I'm going to find in Denver.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's gonna be what which Just why haven't you yet? That's my question?
Speaker 3: Because I'm still losing weight.
Speaker 2: No, you're not. You hit your target weight, you said yesterday.
Speaker 3: No, I have a new target now.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what is it?
Speaker 3: One hundred and seventy five pounds?
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I want to be skinny.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you are skinny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm gonna do it. Don't worry, and I don't. I appreciate your concern, but I don't need you to keep letting me know that I need to do it, because I know I see that.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying I know that I need to do it.
Speaker 2: There's a reason I haven't asked you since I last asked you. But you know, I can't just ignore it, because oh, but you.
Speaker 3: Can ignore all the other things on the run.
Speaker 2: No, we've We've hit every single thing on the rundown. This is the last one.
Speaker 3: I'm getting the talks.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, Okay, ok wait, oh my god, I'm going to get the talks that I'm not going to tell you about it obviously now too.
Speaker 2: No, that's really stressful, and that's.
Speaker 1: How I feel like I need to respond to it now that you keep pressuring me to.
Speaker 2: Do it because I don't want has been ordered.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to feel like the only reason I'm getting the tux is because you keep reminding me I want I'm doing it for myself.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to.
Speaker 1: Get the satisfaction of being like he did it because I reminded it.
Speaker 2: It's not about satisfaction. It's about my own stresses.
Speaker 3: But there is the last thing that you should stress about.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, I am you can't just tell me not to stress about something.
Speaker 1: It's easy if you're going to stress about it and you don't want to just don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Before we wrap up this podcast, I would love to talk about the home renovations that you have going on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well our home renovations.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but you're doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you handed me a screwdriver to I.
Speaker 2: Did a lot of work today, Dean, So Dean built this amazing table that I'm staring at right now. It's so beautiful, carved it. I don't know how he did it. And then hung up new lights. We got all new appliances, and this morning, just very quickly, in a matter of twenty minutes, he built an outlet. He just we are trying to move all of these little appliances into our pantry, and he just builds an outlet like it was the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 3: You don't build an outlet.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you did. I created a new one.
Speaker 1: I created well, I guess that kind of is the same thing as building an outlet. I put a new outlet in the pantry, which I'd never done before.
Speaker 3: Electrical stuff is scary.
Speaker 2: Is scary, and it's even scarier from my side of things, not knowing your knowledge. So when he was putting up the pendant lights, he was like, I've never seen this before. Just clipped these. Hopefully that's okay, and it always is knock on wood. And then today he's like, I don't know if this is going to work. Hopefully our house doesn't catch on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing with electricity is like, you know, you could make one small mistake and it might not show right away, but like in five years, there could be like a short circuit.
Speaker 2: Or something serily. Well, yes, my anxiety was gone.
Speaker 3: Great, But that's the.
Speaker 1: Thing with electricity is like you could do everything and everything works like it should, but there could still be like a fault or something in the line.
Speaker 3: I didn't do this with this. This is great work.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, even with like you know, the builders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Oh same with my van, you know, like we sleep in the van so often, and I did all that electrical myself, and there could just be a shorten a line. Maybe I used like tooth thin of gage of wire or something.
Speaker 2: You're just so impressive. You are only here for a short amount of time and the amount of things you get done is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I work really hard.
Speaker 2: You do work very hard, And I just want to say I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got to get the appliance in because I leave tomorrow for a week.
Speaker 3: So well, yess a week and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I gotta I gotta get this self done before I leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hopefully it looks good.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think last night while we were sleeping hot, because like, our water dispenser is pretty like there's not a lot of depth to it. It's maybe like twelve inches deep, but our wine cooler is two feet deep. And so it's like, how is the water cooler going to sit back against the wall now it can't because you have to press the button. Is it gonna sit up with the wine cooler space? Then there's like a cavity behind it. What are we gonna do with the cavity?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's that's something that you you're a problem solver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're like the design girl.
Speaker 2: So I got nothing for you right now until I see.
Speaker 1: It, okay. Yeah, So yeah, that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a lot of work to do. I think that's a good place to wrap up the podcast. I always, uh never really know how to wrap us up. You're just so good at it, you know. You do the intro, you do the outro. You're just a pro.
Speaker 1: That's funny because every time I'm happing U up, you always tell me how bad I am at it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's because you put your central voice on and you try to make everyone uncomfortable. No, okay, but you've been podcasting for what six years? Seven years?
Speaker 3: Longest job I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great, and I've been podcasting for less than a year six months.
Speaker 3: Okay. What did you study in college? And what did I study in college?
Speaker 2: Broadcast journalism. That's going to do it for this week's episode. Thank you so much for listening. Follow next week. We're hopefully we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at.
Speaker 2: Being Newlyweds, and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.