Speaker 1: I am all In.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast, one of them productions iHeart Radio, iHeart Media, iHeart Podcast, joined by a fraction, a large fraction of my Intrepid crew, Amy Sugarman, Susanne Missing One, Danielle Romo. We're missing Tara. What's going on with Tara?
Speaker 2: Where is Tara?
Speaker 1: Where is Tara?
Speaker 2: I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: People want to handling something for me.
Speaker 1: She's busy handling things for.
Speaker 3: A big studio.
Speaker 1: We got Can I ask can I ask you a personal question? Do you ever handle things for Tara?
Speaker 3: Because she all the time?
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go all the time.
Speaker 3: I was there for her this morning. I was helping her set up and everything.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: For anybody. Maybe once in a blue moon, I do. Actually sometimes I do.
Speaker 1: Season seven, episode eighteen, It's just like riding a bike nineteen. This is oh my gosh, error reset episode nineteen, just like riding a bike.
Speaker 2: No, you don't want to admit it, but we've got nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty two. So this plus three.
Speaker 1: This plus three crazy that's some solid math right there.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's advanced math.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's for me.
Speaker 2: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 3: Listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Who's synopsizing?
Speaker 4: Whoever?
Speaker 1: I will jump right on it. Just jump right on your bike synopsis.
Speaker 2: Question before the synopsisization?
Speaker 1: Amy in the front row.
Speaker 2: Scott, take yourself back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going yes.
Speaker 2: Filming season seven, episode nineteen. It's just like riding a bike. Were you all sort of like whoa when they have four more episodes together?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 1: Nobody knew. No, nobody knew it was the end.
Speaker 2: Oh, because you thought you might go again?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you weren't feeling the phone.
Speaker 1: I was looking forward to season eight because i'd signed, uh, I'd signed a deal. I'd signed my deal already, I think by that point.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, good Intel, good in tel thank you.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, nobody knew.
Speaker 2: Also, no one commented that my hair is halfway up today, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Look you know it looks good. You look kind of like you look like like Jackie o Nassas a little bit.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I thought you were going to say laurala and I got really excited, But.
Speaker 1: That was going to be my next I was going to go Jackie and then Laureal I, but you beat me to it.
Speaker 2: I'll take jack.
Speaker 1: And Susanne, you look like Tricia Nixon, okay, and Danielle, you've got some Jackie O vibes going Hi.
Speaker 3: We'll take Jackie O vibes, Ednie and.
Speaker 1: Every day we're gonna synopsize.
Speaker 3: This is season seven, episode nineteen. It's just like riding a bike. Air date April twenty fourth, two thousand and seven. Lorlai goes to Luke Steiner, but it's awkward, so she asks him for help. After her jeep breaks down, Paris breaks up with Doyle because of her big decisions she has to make. Plus, Rory is getting anxious waiting to hear back from her rest and fellowship, and Suki and Jackson are feeling overwhelmed with a third baby on the way.
Speaker 1: All right, so we got a bike here?
Speaker 2: Everybody ride a bike here? Everybody you rid Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh? I was a master on the bike.
Speaker 2: When's the last time I was on a bike?
Speaker 1: Though. I bought a bike when we moved about three years ago, and I used to ride up and down the roads. But then I started reading articles about people that were getting crossed by cars riding up and down the roads. So I ceased and desisted that activity. I didn't need a letter from anyone to tell me to stop doing it. You know, I'm scary people around here, all the fancy day of the twenty thousand dollars bikes, in the fancy race suits and the helmets and all the aerodynamic helpless I was just out there in my cutoff jeans and my shwin my tear.
Speaker 4: With a banana seat with a.
Speaker 1: Basket, chilling man. I was cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know about bike riding. I mean respect to all the bike riders, but like the cars are scary, yeah, and like mountain biking is scary too. Anybody here write a unicycle just before we get into it.
Speaker 1: I just want to know, you know, I just got off my unicycle. I went to the grocery store with it. Yeah. Can you imagine I live in a circus world?
Speaker 2: It's ac the dude from Gilmore Girls unit cycle.
Speaker 4: It's hard to bring your groceries home on a unicycle.
Speaker 2: You have to have a backpack, Okay, you got it.
Speaker 1: You have to have very good precise balance gravity.
Speaker 2: I apologize that I took us. There After the Juggling Call conversation last week, I felt like we should add unicycles.
Speaker 1: Why not add to the circus atmosphere. I like it.
Speaker 2: Anyone here ever been on the bicycle built for two?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure, I have no bikes bicycle built for three?
Speaker 2: Actually, and it's like I don't know what a bikes goes like one?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have been on those things though, where like you're lazy at a concert and there's like a guy and for twelve dollars he'll ride you from the venue. Yeah, those are great. Those are great.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the best of bicycle. That's the ones where the barcycles.
Speaker 2: It's a barcycle. What's a barcycle?
Speaker 3: Is a bar Yeah, there's a bar in the middle and there's just seats around it and you just pedal, pedal, pedal, pedal, pedal.
Speaker 4: No, you have never.
Speaker 2: Been I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 1: Does it go anywhere? You just drink?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: You just like if you like, go to downtown San Diego or that's the only pace I could think of, because that's where I've done it.
Speaker 1: But who steers it?
Speaker 3: There is a steerer, but everyone is powering the bike by pet A steer.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's if there's there's a pilot, there's a pilot and a bunch of co pilots.
Speaker 3: There's a captain.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: It's a very bachelorette thing to do. That's the only time I've done it.
Speaker 2: E bikes are real popular too, Lorla really need an e bike.
Speaker 1: But anyway, an e bike, yeah, that's like.
Speaker 2: The electric ones that just go jamming down. Like these kids are basically riding motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes they are there.
Speaker 4: So what did you guys think of this episode?
Speaker 2: I thought it's okay.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a barrel. It's a barrel of monkeys.
Speaker 4: I think this episode.
Speaker 1: I did too. I actually thought it was very strong. Yeah, it's it's it's a It was kind of it was spicy. It was a lot going on, a lot of a lot of a lot of energy coming out of the Doyle Paris stuff, a lot of energy coming out of the Luke Laurelized stuff, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of energyralized stuff.
Speaker 2: But I feel like they didn't fight to get along. But whatever, we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: I think the point of that was she missed that old.
Speaker 2: That ping pongy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ping pongy, curmudgeonly guy who just let her know how he felt, unedited, you know, finny stuff. I thought, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Bad, let's go through it.
Speaker 4: So it starts out.
Speaker 2: So the one thing I.
Speaker 4: Didn't like, it's not that I didn't like it, but some of the outfits in this episode. I wasn't really a fan of the way either.
Speaker 2: I didn't have one note on great outfits, so that's why, Yeah, very nothing was great.
Speaker 4: So it opens with Laurel I wearing that dress that kind of ties at the neck and.
Speaker 2: Some some people love.
Speaker 4: That, but to me, it just feels like it provokes my anxiety because I don't like things touching my neck.
Speaker 1: But I like that.
Speaker 2: I thought she looked too May I say something inappropriate?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please do? Do you never do?
Speaker 2: There was an outfit in this that was very uh the booby dress.
Speaker 3: Yeahs that's what Suzanne's talking about, because it was like it was like this, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was kind of it was yeah, very revealing. Not mad about it, totally fine, but like just calling it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah great. I thought she looked sophisticated.
Speaker 2: She's like so pretty man. I liked her riding the bike.
Speaker 1: Let the Eagles fly let the Eagles fly.
Speaker 3: I can't. I've never heard it referred to as eagles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just gonna skip right over to that. Oh, I think we're all in a movie today. So Laurla like goes into the diner to return as to why we're here, and we find out she hasn't been in the diner for like ten months because really it's been keeping track in his diary. It's been since second yeah, two thousand and six. So it was cute. We had, you know, Babbett and Miss Patty kind of observing in the background and they had their weird, little awkward moment, but it was nice to see them.
Speaker 3: If Stars Hollow had a gossip girl, it would be Miss Patty. Yeah, sure, exox so Miss Patty for sure.
Speaker 4: But it was a little bit of progress. So she she starts out she's gonna have her up of coffee there and then she it ends up just being too awkward so she has to leave. But it was it broke the ice, so that was that was good.
Speaker 1: And then on this scene talk to me, I thought I was too I thought I overacted it. I was not comfortable with what I did in this really, yeah, I should have let her play the awkwardness of it and just been straighter and cooler about it.
Speaker 2: No, I did not notice that.
Speaker 1: I was kind of I don't know. For me, it was just like it was just too much what I was doing. It was uncomfortable to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't feel that, But I like when you call.
Speaker 4: That out, I like, yeah, I think it'd be too hard on yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I thought the awkwardness was awkward.
Speaker 1: I think I was playing the awkwardness instead of being awkward.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like, I like what you're saying there.
Speaker 1: There's a difference there, and I just love I was trying too hard. She was great, but I was trying too hard and I didn't need to try that hard. That's all I'm saying. That's all interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the awkwardness was awkward, and I think you're you're onto something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just landed on landed on too thick.
Speaker 2: Nice fair.
Speaker 4: So then it goes to Lorlai in the car and she gets a call from Suki. This scene made me laugh because of all the stuff that was going on at Suki's house. I don't know if you were watching it. She has like a banana peel that she just threw off into another part of the room. There's a used lollipop that she throws somewhere, and then she pours a cup of coffee and was dumping the milk out of the sippy cup into her coffee cup.
Speaker 2: I thought, I need to rewatch was it.
Speaker 4: Was really I wasn't even listening to the words. I just was watching everything that Melissa McCarthy was doing. It was really funny.
Speaker 2: Driving was less fake. So I appreciated that.
Speaker 4: Yes, so Suki's got chicken pox in her house, and so Jackson's going to come stay with Laurele I.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: Laurel I talks about how awkward the whole Luke's thing was, and I thought it was funny when Suki says, well, it's not like they have the plague. You should have told me that in the beginning. And then Laura, you take.
Speaker 2: Someone with chicken pox into your house or without chicken pox, that had been exposed to chicken pox, I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Would you know if they were I mean.
Speaker 2: Were he never had chicken pox, So that also was sort of a flag for me, like he's been exposed.
Speaker 1: Right, like just going through life, he spent.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I don't know. I don't know if that was the COVID in me. That was like, oh, that's okay. I don't know that. I'm just like, yeah, come.
Speaker 1: On over in me, that was the chicken pox in you.
Speaker 2: I guess she's had chicken pox, so she doesn't care. I don't know anyway, sure thing, come on over, right.
Speaker 4: And so then Laurelie's car breaks down. It looked like the same place where she ran out of gas a couple episodes ago.
Speaker 2: First of all, correct, I thought the same thing. I'm like, are they back in Griffith Park again? Like, what is happening? That must be where they block off the road so they can do the driving sun.
Speaker 1: And I think we need to throw a flag on social responsibility with her talking on the phone while she's striving.
Speaker 2: That's awkward.
Speaker 1: Put it on speak.
Speaker 2: Emily get in trouble for that. I was just going to.
Speaker 4: Say, we know what was illegal because Emily got pulled.
Speaker 2: Some strange consistency issues. But it correct.
Speaker 4: But you know, Laurel special, the rules don't fight.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have a speakerphone in that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, given the laxity of these rules, she should have been puffing on a cigarette too. Why not?
Speaker 2: Are you to the scene that annoyed me? There's one where I'm like, I couldn't watch this anymore.
Speaker 4: It was too long. The scene all of the letters.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like, I love this scene. What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 4: I liked it first, but then after letter after letter, I was literally like, I.
Speaker 1: Knew that it was going to go bad at some point for her, that she was going to get rejected by somebody and freak out, or everybody was going to accept her and she was going to freak out. I knew it was going there. I just enjoyed the ride. I really it was so. It was so it was notable in that the energy was so sustained and it went on for so long, and I say, yeah, keep opening up those letters. I really wanted to know if Stanford was going to take her. I har I was gonna. I did as as an audience. I was like, keep opening those letters, just don't cut it off after one or two. Just I want to open them all because I want to see her react. I want to see Paris react. And I I'm defending the scene fair.
Speaker 2: I did not feel the same it was like watching paint dry. I was like, how many more of these are we opening? Obviously she got into everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so how I felt, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then we have the whole letter opening scene or part of the scene, but then it like pivots. It's still the same scene, but then we're it shifts to her talking about She kind of upsets Rory when she says, you know, when she talks about the fellowship.
Speaker 1: And she got lucky right.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know. It just was a really long scene to me.
Speaker 1: You know, if it's a paras scene of any lengths, she's going to insult everybody in the room. Yeah, I mean we're we're expecting that. That's that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Too long, great sort of idea. Mm hmm, too long, Oh, Jackie. Our producer just said, it's a six minute scene. Very long.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it was a long scene. It was a long scene. But they needed that. They needed to set that up so that there would be that Doyle Paris break up later on, because how to how to make her she had to be overwhelmed with all of those choices in order to make that decision. Then then you sprinkle in a little Doyle and house. It's going to affect our relationship, and I thought that paid off so long and more it could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I'm happy for it, but I just don't need to see Paris get into all those schools. It's like, okay, got it, you got your your you got everyone got in to every medical school, you got into every law school. Great, Like yeah, yeah, move it along.
Speaker 4: That's kind of how I felt like there was already enough drama and overwhelmed just trying to decide between law school versus medical school, Like we didn't need to layer four schools of Like.
Speaker 2: I like the payoff that she's going to be a doctor totally down. Also made me think of the movies. And then I like the ending obviously, and I think that you had to have the pairs stuff to sort of really get the rory stuff, but just too long.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean they had to set up that contrast, especially like you say, when to get to the ending. But yeah, it could have just.
Speaker 2: Been a couple of letters, a little clippy clip on that would have been great.
Speaker 4: But so then we go to Lorelized house when Suki is dropping off Jackson and she's being really mean. She's telling him you know, don't leave dirty towels, don't make a mess when you eat, like she's just also.
Speaker 2: Kind of irritating. Sorry, yawn, But these two things kind of where I was like, oh, this is why I think this episode's like only okay, the rest is like pretty at good actually, but this I was like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I almost like, I almost like the type of writing that makes me irritated. It's the main characters at times, because I think that's real. I don't. I think if if they're writing and it's too fluffy and we love them all the time, every scene, every episode, it's just it's just not real.
Speaker 4: It's it's a little sick commy right, good point.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: So I think I think putting a pox or two on one of these characters at times, or two of these characters at times, is not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree with that. I think that's a really astute point you make there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Truth, Yeah, I mean I didn't mind the scene, Like, you know, Suki's kind of she's very pregnant and she's just she's just done, like.
Speaker 1: She's over it, and she's.
Speaker 2: Got two kids with chicken pox, like I think, sort of alluding to the vasectomy thing. Though, it's kind of like, have they not talked about this?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's all been buried.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: She's got a lot of reasons to began.
Speaker 3: She still has to be meds.
Speaker 1: Not getting sleep, lack of sleep, she's pregnant, the kids have chicken pox. She's not dealt with the best ectomy thing with him yet. Yeah, I haven't had. Of course, she's going to be a little snippy.
Speaker 4: She's just cranky, no unintended.
Speaker 1: One thing, Thank you Danielle for the safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep going. I'm way more into the like Luke saving the day.
Speaker 4: Thank you. So one thing I wanted to point out in this scene when I noticed the dollhouse had lights on inside of Oh my gosh, it was so cute picture like little doll people living inside of it.
Speaker 2: So I had a dollhouse like that that my grandpa made. It fully had electricity, the whole thing. The destruction of the dollhouse like actually really stressed me out.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, I'll tell you why. Do you know why? I think I know why it's stressed you out. Why Because we didn't get to see him fall on it, and they could have made a fake dollhouse.
Speaker 2: That would have that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: So that's a funny scene, right, that's a really funny scene, and that would have given Jackson a chance to perform some not you know, some some physical comedy chops, because that's a really funny scene. He's loses balance and he falls on it. That's it. Come on, let's see to get it fixed.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. They're going to get it fixed. So that's great. I'm happy that it's not ruined forever. But like I think you're right, Like without the fall, it's just another sort of why for me, Like why why we destroyed the dollhouse?
Speaker 1: If we got if we got to enjoy that?
Speaker 2: Why think you're right.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a typical motif for this show though, is they talk about things without showing them like that has happened so many times.
Speaker 1: I think with all the words generated, they could use a little action. Yeah, it really needed a little action there. Yes, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Bike didn't give me enough.
Speaker 1: Right, so imagine his reaction after he fell on it, like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So speaking of riding bikes, So the next scene is is Laurela I riding through that same stretch where her car had just broken.
Speaker 1: All right, sorry, I don't interrupted, but but I mean they set him up so beautifully to fall on it. Because if that scene with Suki, don't do this, don't put your feet there, and then the next thing, you know, the guy's falling into the thing, it would have been the biggest.
Speaker 2: Calling her Jackson, calling Suki being like that would have been funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would have been a natural extension.
Speaker 1: Right there you go. Sorry, sorry to interrupt you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no worries.
Speaker 1: Just don't please, don't fire me.
Speaker 4: So Laurela is riding her bike and I could not stop looking at the puffy sleeves on that shirt, Like that was the only thing I got from that scene was the puffy sleeves.
Speaker 2: Well, and now she's got the phone in her ears too.
Speaker 4: And she had like wide legged pants. I'm like, she's gonna get that caught in the bike chain. That was the other thing that was.
Speaker 2: How far is the inn all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very it's walking distance.
Speaker 2: But then yet the tourists took a bus to the hay Bail Maze and now she's like jaunting down the highway it's very like, I can't what where's the the inn, like just like over yonder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they showed it. There was one episode where she ran from the Inn to Luke's and she stepped in the icy hole on the lot. The ends like super close, right, Well, the inn was at the ranch, it was I thought.
Speaker 2: The inn was on the lot. Oh, pardon me, pardon me, James Pettitt, I need a mappy pooh.
Speaker 4: Okay, the ranch may at rest in peace?
Speaker 2: Was the ranch gone?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: The ranch is gone?
Speaker 2: So for everyone listening, we're talking about war Our Brothers has the Warner Brothers lot where the whole set is, and then there was the Warner Ranch, which was sort of like not even half a mile away, like a mile away.
Speaker 1: A lot, right right, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I learned that the Gilmour's house exterior is a real house somewhere like far away. I saw it on Instagram. I'll try to find it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the one they used in the pilot was a real one in Canada somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Canada. Okay, Yeah, that's that's that's what I saw. Well, that's right, because they shot the pilot, all right.
Speaker 1: So I tried to get us to shoot it up there, and we said.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We voted, we voted.
Speaker 2: Is that true? You guys have the power?
Speaker 1: Now, well they I don't know if we had the ultimate power, but they asked. They were nice enough to ask. Everybody, you know.
Speaker 3: Get makes sense with seasons, right, like when it's cold, it was right.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody always comments on how the trees always have leaves on them all year round. So if you were sew in Canada, you would have a little more realistic winter.
Speaker 1: If you're really going through realistic winters, it's a it's a production nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, to keep things the continuity becomes a huge issue and it just takes forever to shoot stuff. It's just it's better to control it if you're on a tiny budget. We kind of had a smaller budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just riding that bike.
Speaker 4: So and she doesn't have a helmet on, so we're talking about, you know, things that are not socially acceptable anymore. She should have been wearing a helmet. Yeah, but you know that would mess up her hair. So uh okay. So Rory admits that she's worried about the rest and fellowship, which.
Speaker 2: Job, right, take that other job or negotiate better. But we talked about that last week.
Speaker 4: That's water under the bridge now, Rory. Yeah, okay, So then at the drag.
Speaker 2: Her future is a real letdown, Danielle, but just telling.
Speaker 4: You don't give anything.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm getting better. I'm getting a little better. It's like, really shocking. We'll get to that, okay.
Speaker 4: Anyway, all right, So we're at the Dragonfly now and Larela is trying to decide on new cars. Suki expects that Jackson is causing Lorelei a lot of problems and he's not. Did you notice on Suki's jacket the buttons have dragonflies on them? Like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What car? Do you think?
Speaker 1: Are you watching this show under a microscope? How are you seeing these things? This is bizarre.
Speaker 4: Was going on on a big TV screen When they're doing a close up? You can you can see you?
Speaker 1: No, you can't see that. Have you read all the books? You've read all the books? You're doing all kinds of research?
Speaker 4: Oh well no, I just used my eyes on what she just pays attention.
Speaker 2: I don't know the half this stuff. I'm like, wait, wait, you had to buy a car for Laura she's got to exactly, she's like way egalized compared to the rest of us that are just I am. She noticed the artwork, remember when she noticed the artwork that the artwork at Suki's was the same artwork. That was like who noticed that? Anyway? Guys, if you had to buy Loreli car not a g what was you? What is the right car for her?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You know, in real life she bought a used Porsche and I just ripped her a new one for that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think like a Ford Explorer.
Speaker 1: She bought a used Porsche.
Speaker 2: Bought a used what's wrong with the used?
Speaker 1: Because she's the lead of a hit show at that point, and she goes off like why can't she buy Because I got on her about it, I'm like, what are you think? No? Not even a classic. It was just like a couple you know, it was like ten years old or something like that wasn't No, No, I'm not mad about it because she's the lead of the show and you gotta she's got to be in a big suv and be partic. You're not. You're not getting it. You're not getting the point.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like she should be more protected. Yes, well maybe she had to her. I told her, whoa like you just thought she was in a speedy roadster.
Speaker 3: That could such a dad comment of you, Scott.
Speaker 4: He's like, my dad says that, like you don't bigger car.
Speaker 2: God likes SUVs because he likes to be safe.
Speaker 1: I like sitting up high and I like, yeah, because there's so many SUVs out there. You can't realize that.
Speaker 2: Car that Scott would never drive, like not a Mini Cooper, but there's one that's like smallmart cars, more cars. What if we were like, Scott, you have to drive this smart car, he like, won't do it. I don't think he could fit.
Speaker 4: I don't think too tall. That's just like it needs would be like a bround his chin.
Speaker 1: Those are those are great cars for small Belgian villages up in the mountain or something that everybody has a smart car. If everybody's driving a smart car.
Speaker 2: That what you're saying. I would have liked her to get a truck. I actually not Lauren, but Laurel. I I think a truck would suit her.
Speaker 3: Cute truck that's Lukes okay, then Bronco, Yeah, Bronco for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I don't know lorle.
Speaker 4: Suki suggests that she should ask Luke for help with the car buying things. That's kind of his wheelhouse, and that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Totally again, I'm here, I'm gonna throw another flag here. She goes out to the porch of the Dragonfly and she calls them, but we don't see the other side of the conversation.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: And that was a fairly big moment in there, kind of coming to get you know this. I mean, that was awkward too, but maybe they felt since they already had the awkward thing in the diner, they didn't want to have another awkward scene. But why is less of Luke and Laurelai. More well, I didn't get that because I was waiting for them to cut to me on the other side, and they never cut to the other side.
Speaker 4: And right before she walks outside, Suki gets a phone call from Jackson, and we don't see the other side of that phone call either, So we see Suki side of a phone call, and then it goes straight to Laurelized side of the phone call, so we didn't see like there was maybe maybe some lost opportunities there and weird, but yeah.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can it now?
Speaker 2: But that's kind of rare. Usually on Gilmer Girls, they show both sides of the conversation. They're big into phone calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, maybe it was probably a last minute thing that they threw in realizing they needed to connect that. Maybe so they only had the time, yeah, to do her side of it or something.
Speaker 2: Paris opening the envelope scene was actually ten minutes, and they spared us four minutes of it to squeeze in these phone calls. I do not know, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have been fun to see, like is Luke awkward or is he excited? Like how they would have played that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a fairly big moment, right, I mean it's like these two coming back together at the beginnings of that totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it goes straight from there to the truck, So we go straight from the phone call to they're in the truck. I thought it was funny that they would both rather listen to static than try to talk to each other.
Speaker 2: So that was so weird. First of all, that was so weird.
Speaker 1: I thought it was weird too that.
Speaker 2: These two would be fine chatting away. Number two he'd obviously like have a cassette or something. Not static, he'd be like, let me just put on my journey. You know, I don't know that was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't mind it. I thought it was okay. So then we had a surprise. We go to Paris's apartment and Paris kicked him out, which that was not expected. And so this is kind of where Rory and Paris are starting to go through the same process, like making the decision and taking the boyfriend into account, not taking the boyfriend into account, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Kind of a good conversation. I didn't I thought it could have been had a little bit better, but a good conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I thought it was funny. You know, Paris has her point system, and she says, of course I'm going to make the right decision. That that's why i have a point system. That was just so stereotypically Paris. I thought that was funny. Okay. So then we're back at Lorelize and it's Sukie and Jackson looking at the smashup dollhouse, and then this is where they have the conversation you haven't forgiven me, blah blah, blah. So they have like their little kind of meeting of the minds on the whole you know, vasectomy pregnancy thing, and they're both kind of scared about having a third kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like even when you're talking about it, I'm like, huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was. I mean that conversation had to have had to happen somewhere, so I guess this is just where they decided to put it.
Speaker 1: So the question then becomes, is this the Gilmour to portray as having deep problems? No? Or is the Gilmore? Is this the Gilmour couple that that manufacture stability?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's one good times. That kind of goes back to the whole thing that I had an issue with when the whole thing happened, Like why did they have to make why did they have to use that reason to have her get pregnant? Like why couldn't they just have said the vasectomy failed? Like why did there need to be this big breach of trust and controversy between them? Because I agree with your points, Scott, like we want them to be happy and stable, and because everybody else's relationship is crazy and mixed up, like lorele I and Rory and everybody else, like we want Suki and Jackson to succeed, Like, why did they have to throw that in there? They could have just made it, you know, Vasseectumi's failed. It's something that happens, and why did they have to make it something better? I guess it's that was my question from the beginning, and that that's what you're saying. I think Scott he never got the vasectomy, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but the fact, bad man, bad man.
Speaker 2: You're saying they should have just made it where he got the vasectomy right then they got pregnant anyway.
Speaker 4: Because we didn't know that he got the vasectomy until they had to come up with a reason for Suki to be pregnant.
Speaker 2: Because I set real life right.
Speaker 4: So because in a different episode they referred to in the in the baptism episode, they referred to him having had the vaseectomy, so it was understood that he had had it, even though in real life you don't just.
Speaker 2: Worr or did they refer to it because everyone thought did they refer to it because everyone thought he did it but he didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Well, they talked about I can't remember the exact context. It was something about his mom and they had to do the baptism because his mom was mad about the vasecta me and this was going to be to make it up to her or something like that. Oh, it's just so yeah. So they kind of went with the story that he'd even though it was in real life he would never have had the vasectomy because you don't just sign people up for surgical procedures like that. But they they kind of went with that narrative that he had had the vasectomy until they needed to make Suki pregnant, and then then it came out that he had lied about it. Why could they have just said it failed?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because it's also interesting because not necessary. We only have a few episodes left, and how many episodes has Suki been pregnant for?
Speaker 4: Like four?
Speaker 2: So I thought you meant over the course with the three kids. Sorry sorry, sorry.
Speaker 3: Sorry, No, I mean this with this last pregnancy. It's kind of like, couldn't they have just finished the season without Suki getting pregnant?
Speaker 2: Couldn't you just carry grocery bagags or like right right?
Speaker 4: That was another question too, especially well, I don't want to spoil anything, but for the outcome of Suki's for where Suki is in the final episode. It was all pointless and that will make more sense later. But I thought it was unnecessary to create this conflict between them boring.
Speaker 2: I stand by my whole thing. This episode's kind of it okay, okay.
Speaker 4: But then we go to the car lot, and I really liked the scenes on the car.
Speaker 2: It was okay for me, you guys, you guys say, Danielle, I want to hear what you think. For me, it was all just sort of okay, like I love that they're together.
Speaker 1: But the tail end of the car scene was great. It was one of the best Luke lore Law scenes film that I agree with.
Speaker 2: That I agree with. Yeah, yeah, I wanted to get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the diner stuff in the beginning, and I did. I did like the car stuff. I do feel to echo your point about the whole Paris College a lot of thing too long to get to the point that we needed to get to.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree, everything's a little long.
Speaker 4: It was bantery and talking about you know, sedans are not afraid of getting dirty and small cars do not have inferiority complexes.
Speaker 1: All that Luke rant was classic, and you know, lauralized reactions were classic and great, and her smile was just perfect when she and all the all the memories were flooding back in, like, boy, does this feel right? And does this feel good? And then I sure missed this guy and it was just such a great moment. Yeah, And I think I think she she Lauren executed throughout this entire scene so flawlessly and so beautifully to show us exactly how she was feeling without getting caught up. And the rant, she was like welcoming the rant, you know.
Speaker 4: She starts to smile and Luke was like, what it was? That was perfect?
Speaker 2: But the payoff was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was great, really great.
Speaker 4: And then so they get in the car and she wants to stop for a milkshake and he say, no, no, no, we're not stopping. And then I wanted her to roll up in the next scene with a milkshake in her hand, because the same thing she rides her bike up to the front porch for Jackson, I'm like, where's the milkshake? Because you stop for a milk?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's an easy one. Just connect that, man.
Speaker 2: Did I miss already the scene where Rory talks about Hoosy and Doozy's dumb apartment.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's the next scene. Yeah, we haven't gotten there yet. We hadn't seen them for a while until the bar scene. So so Laura comes home on her bike and that's when she finds out about the dollhouse and she you know, she looks sad, but she was happy. I liked when she said what did she She made some comment like, oh, we started bickering and it was great. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so it was that was a cute scene. The dog was there.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad that the dollhouse is going to get fixed because I would have had like serious adjuda if I was like, it's just broken forever, like oh my god. So I'm happy that I know that in my heart that the dollhouse is getting fixed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She made she made a comment that Rory wrote her name in the old jeep in permanent marker, and I'm thinking, but it was only eight years old, so she would have been Rory would have been fourteen, Like why would have fourteen year old write their name? But you know, the timeline doesn't often make sense in this show. So that's fine. So then that now is the scene you were thinking of Amy where they're in the bar and they're talking about Olivia's Lucy and Olivia's new London twenty one. Olivia is making twenty one thousand dollars a year at her art gallery. That was not very much money even in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: No, and I'm so not into them. Were they even in the scene or were we just talking about them?
Speaker 4: They know they were there in it. They were there for a hot minute, and then when they sensed that Rory and Paris needed to talk, then they went to go play our adult God. I never saw not.
Speaker 2: It's just okay, bye. Is that our last appearance with them?
Speaker 4: No, they are in the finale.
Speaker 2: Sorry to be so negative, Nelly, but it's just.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't mind them.
Speaker 3: I liked the man and Louise n say.
Speaker 2: Like it's just such a bad imitation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were better, but I didn't mind Lucy and Olivia. So this is where they have the conversation about what's more important, right, the career or the boy. It was interesting.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that hit home for me. I had to make a similar I was back in the day. I don't know what did you guys think about that good.
Speaker 2: I thought that they're having compelling conversations in this episode. Yeah, and I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they really fleshed out that the Paris Doyle relationship adventure in this episode, and they really gave it great care and we're seeing all signs of it, so it's, you know, it's a full experience, and.
Speaker 4: It was It was good to see Paris kind of in a vulnerable moment because she's usually so like she's just so you know, self confident, embossing everybody else around. So it was nice to see her kind of breaking down, like, I'm only twenty two. I didn't expect this to happen. And then then we have the reappearance of Jackson and his wrestling pajamas. I think they probably figured they had to get those pajamas into one more episode.
Speaker 2: Before the season, spent the fifty bucks on them, let's say exactly. I agree, I actually agree.
Speaker 4: And Luca's kind of looking at him like what are you doing here? Like why are you be lorelized house in your pajamas? So that was funny. And then c cute band I really like yeah, yeah, yeah, really, yeah, he found a jeep and it's gonna be silly to replace the engine in her old jeep, but that's what she wants, so that's what she gets. Like she doesn't want a bell, she wants a horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was their banter is great, isn't it?
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 2: This was great. This, This was worth the whole episode because this was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like that smile on her face at the end, she's like, okay, we're back, Like yeah, we're you know, things are the universe is right again.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: So this scene now this is again. It kind of is dragging out, like we're gonna talk about Paris.
Speaker 2: Is kind of dragging out. The whole episode is kind.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, she wants to be a doctor. She still doesn't know what school, but she got two more acceptances because Doyle walks in with the mail.
Speaker 1: Right. It's really it's like, yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Because when I watched it didn't feel this slow. But now I'm like talking about him like.
Speaker 1: This is right, and then he and then he comes in with that kind of weird scene like wherever you go, I'll be there with you. I won't elect whoa Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: Good for them?
Speaker 3: I love Paris and Doyle together. I knew that breakup wasn't gonna last, and they found their way back to each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're kind of meant for each other because episode it's.
Speaker 2: Like, look in season seven, it's pretty good compared to the rest of the show not so good only Okay, yeah, I mean I like the negative Nelly on season seven. I'm just giving my real, honest feedback.
Speaker 4: For me, the Luke and Laureli stuff was enough to carry the episode. So even though there were those other scenes that dragged out, I still loved this episode, I agree. And then so to wrap the whole thing up, then Rory opens her letter from the New York Times and did not get the fellowship. Who saw that?
Speaker 3: I didn't see that coming. I thought she was going to get out. Yeah, I thought she was going to get it.
Speaker 4: I you know, they they made a point to say that only four people in the entire country get picked. So, I mean, I know that we're supposed to think that, you know, Rory is this wonder child, but I just felt like, you know, eventually, it's going to catch up with her at.
Speaker 3: Some but I just thought that, like, they didn't give her Harvard, so I thought they would give her this, you know, like I did give her Harvard.
Speaker 2: She picked Yale, she got into both.
Speaker 1: Got into her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she picked YALEH you're right. It was that didn't get right.
Speaker 4: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: But I'll say about Rory, she's entering into a career that's very, very hard, and very few like I don't mean to be a preacher, but preach, very few people go from like Yale, even to the New York Times, like let's be applying to the Des Moines Gazette, or like k w b X Sam to cruise, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like your craft first?
Speaker 4: Right, So she's so.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm like, this doesn't track, you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, but it does track though, because she's she's kind of cocky like her years at Yale, she got less humble. Yeah, she thought she had it wrapped up. She that's why she turned down that other job, because she was sure she was going to get this this thing. So I don't know, for me, it kind of tracked because she's what I what she wants.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that she's not getting it in this series. My beef comes later in the movies, but or whatever, you guys want to call them, I'll call them movies just to differentiate.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, I can't wait until we watch this because that's going There's gonna be some interesting conversations there. And I haven't seen them in a long time, so I'm looking either.
Speaker 2: I only watched them once because I didn't love them.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I've seen it a couple of times and only really only.
Speaker 2: There's only one scene. I rewatch a lot from the movies, and I'll tell you when we get to it, because I love it.
Speaker 3: I just want Milo back.
Speaker 2: He comes back right in the movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 2: In a really good scene. Actually I cannot wait.
Speaker 4: So anyways, that was the end of the episode, was her opening that letter, all right, what do we think?
Speaker 1: What do we think? I see?
Speaker 2: Guys, I hate to be right, but I might have been right.
Speaker 1: What are you giving it?
Speaker 2: Why don't I go first? Since I'm the negative? Now, yeah, you're you're going to give it six point nine bicycles.
Speaker 3: I'll give it eight mm eight point one college except.
Speaker 4: What I will give it a nine?
Speaker 2: Who nine?
Speaker 4: I love this episode. I took I took points off because I didn't love the clothes and some of the pair of stuff was draggy, So half a point for each of those.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to give it. I think I'll go eight five. I'll give it eight point five. Luke awkward expressions, milk trying to milk that scene.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was on the car lot long enough to buy a used car.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wow, I've been in a long time.
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to wrap it up for this episode. Thanks for downloading everyone. We will see you next time for episode twenty, season seven. Laurel Laurel, thank you, Danielle, thank you, Susanne Amy.
Speaker 2: Any more episodes. We have three more episodes to go, and everybody listening nervous about what will come after.
Speaker 1: When what what is happening we will reveal. We're going to welcome it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: There's exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: So there's yeah, stay tuned because there's exciting developments happening in the I Am all in world. That universe is expanding, uh, anyway, that is going to do it best fans on the planet. Thanks for download and keep the cards and letters coming. We need you, We love you. We'll see you next time. Remember we and I I'm all in, Stay safe, everyone dot Hey, everybody forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com