Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This He's Talking Cowboys screening live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World head Horse.
Speaker 3: At the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Put on jack burners here, that's got kids, ty pain today a touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 3: And the SWBC Studios. Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 5: We've got Patrick No, C Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans and it is Tuesday, which means it's a Talking Tuesday.
Speaker 3: On the phone line right this second eight eight eight eighty five five.
Speaker 5: Two two nine seven, and dial up a little bit of Talking Cowboys like it's nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 6: Dial it up, dying it baby, like an AOL messenger, like.
Speaker 3: A deep ball from Jordan Love.
Speaker 1: Oh look dude, yeah no.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk.
Speaker 6: No someone. That's a big Tie Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Big Tie Tuesday, everybody, all time.
Speaker 6: People had some hot takes yesterday in the comments about the tie and whether or not the one that Patrick was wearing. Yes, that's the tie that I mean. It didn't the color coordinate exactly to the shirt that you were wearing.
Speaker 7: It it made to the gradient was a little just a little bit taste, but that was the point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a little long sook. But the comments were saying more so that, like, there's a reason why ties exist. If you're not good enough to win, you're not terrible enough to lose.
Speaker 3: That's what you have it for. Maybe I don't know if I agree. I would rather have a winner and a loser.
Speaker 1: We saw.
Speaker 5: I mean, just look at college football over the weekend. Some of the best games in the country. I mean that Virginia Florida State game was just insane. I don't know if I would want the crowd to rush the field that quickly because oh my goodness, there were like twelve people that got injured in the game.
Speaker 6: Wasn't over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was wid it, But it was an incredible game to watch, yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Tennessee Mississippi State was a good game that went into overtime. There were just a couple of different two overtime games that you just watched and was like, man, this is great. And like I said with Tommy yesterday when he was playing Devil's Advocate with it, I get why ties are there because there are games between the Panthers and the Steelers that go ten ten and it's just gross and you got to just get it over with.
Speaker 3: But in a game like that, you want to see a winner.
Speaker 6: At some point, we're gonna win a big playoff game. I'm going to storm the field from the press box.
Speaker 3: Just couldn't die down there. Oh your parachute.
Speaker 1: Want to do the whole flying squirrel thing?
Speaker 3: Squirrel, I need one of our our video ai.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fair, somebody needs to get on like whatever the the chat GPT or the Google Gemini or whatever it all is and just make a video of Josh flying squirrel around at and t stand.
Speaker 3: Yes, please do that. It would make our.
Speaker 6: Face with like the big shadow that goes like we need the sound effix. Also it goes from a small shadow to like, I really I don't.
Speaker 3: Have the sound offish man, We'll give us a call.
Speaker 5: Even Cowboys and Packers tying at forty in week four, Patrick, we have a pretty hefty list of news and notes coming out of locker room yesterday, A couple of injury updates, and it is week five, which means if you were on IR previously correct, you can be taken off.
Speaker 7: IR correct and shouts out to Josh Flying Squirrel Roderiguez. All right, so first of all, before we get to the IR, let's talk about the players that suffered some injury coming out of that tie with the Packers. Malik Hooker left the game with a toe injury. I spoke with Malik in the locker room yesterday and I asked him, I said, Hey, what happened on that play? Did you know, jam your toe into the turf accidentally on that particular coverage And he said no, Actually, as it turns out, this toe issue has been something he's been dealing with all season.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, he.
Speaker 7: Said, there's you know, some some ligament issues he's dealing with there. And what happened on that particular play. It wasn't so much that he jam just toe into the turf, but when he went to plant and go on that in that particular way, on that particular coverage, it completely reaggravated it. So he did not have a boot on yesterday, but he was walking with a noticeable limp. There's some discomfort, some pain there in that toe, so I I asked him. This was before Stephen Jones spoke with one on five three the fan yesterday at three o'clock. I asked Malik, I said, well, you know your MRI tests. Are you still waiting for him? He said, I am, but it might be a couple of weeks. That was his wording. Schotenheimer then not long after thereafter said exactly that it could be a couple of weeks, but they're still to determine what the actual prognosis is. But yes, Shoddy this say he would miss some time obviously, what does that do? That thrust a guy? Let one yay Thomas at center stage and maybe try to work some Marquis belt therein as well. But another guy, another starter, going to be down for the Cowboys for at least a couple weeks. On Elite hooker Tyler Geyton, he left the game with a concussion, did not return. I spoke with him after the game. He told me that it was confirmed he did have a concussion. He obviously wants to return to the field for this trip to New York against the Jets. However, that is completely not up to him and is not up to the Cowboys. It is up to the independent NFL neurologists. He has to get cleared from the protocol before where he's allowed to return.
Speaker 1: Uh, and that's pretty much that.
Speaker 7: This is not one of those things where and I think I saw someone I didn't reply to it on Twitter because don't piss me off. Someone was basically intimating that Tyler Guidon because he suffered a concussion. Uh, there was some sort of conditioning issue there. I don't know how condition yourself against suffering a concussion. That's actually not how the human body works. But nonetheless, concussions are concussions.
Speaker 6: Needs to read more you know.
Speaker 3: Words talking about those mental yeah yeah, right, brain due.
Speaker 6: He's gotta get that the weight with the strap on, the talking about one. Yeah, like concussions.
Speaker 7: Concussions are concussions. So we'll see if he clears the protocol shot he said yesterday, he's optimistic, but again that optimism only goes so far. He has to clear concussion protocol and if.
Speaker 3: You get him one of those guardian caps that Romo.
Speaker 5: Dobbs was wearing oh manet hit but the moon you know who on and not get a concussion.
Speaker 6: You know who would blow a gasket if they saw a cowboy wearing one of those guardians. Not just from a actual clinical standpoint, he hates them with an absolute passion. Is Nick Eatman? Oh I can't stand him?
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: He gets really storyliners? Ask him about it?
Speaker 3: Please, first question today? Please right off the.
Speaker 6: Guardian cat Nick Henna, He's gonna be like beam.
Speaker 3: Show done.
Speaker 6: Cut him off.
Speaker 7: First leave it there. Tyler has to clear. We'll see if he can take the trip to New York. Miles Sanders he left the game with an ankle injury.
Speaker 1: Man wasn't too.
Speaker 7: Optimistic as far as the energy around that after the game. But some optimism yesterday when you hear Brian Schottenheimer say that there's a at least a solid chance that Miles Sanders is on the field against the New York Jets. I did ask him, And this is a segway to the next portion that we were talking about Kyle.
Speaker 1: I did ask him. Obviously, the glaring question is what does this mean for Jayden Blue?
Speaker 7: Okay dun dun dunh so Shottenheimer said Jayden Blue is quote unquote very close to making his NFL debut. I don't know what that means anymore because we're now zero for four with those Jayson Blue hints from Shottenheimer and Clayton Adams.
Speaker 1: So we will see. All I can say is we will see.
Speaker 3: Can I can I just add something about the running back room?
Speaker 1: Come old it.
Speaker 5: I I was wrong, and I'm willing to admit it because I was. I did have a little bit of blind faith in Javonte Williams, but I wasn't thinking.
Speaker 3: He would be what he is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an animal.
Speaker 3: Miles Sanders.
Speaker 5: I did think he was gonna make the fifty three man roster, but that dude runs tough too. I was not convinced in the run game as a whole, and the running back room was, at least from a veteran standpoint, predicted the way that I.
Speaker 3: Thought I would.
Speaker 5: But I just I was very underwhelmed in preseason and in training camp, and now I've admitted my ways. I believe in those two guys, and that's why Jayden Bleu I don't think is getting the And you know one thing, because you have two guys that are playing their tails off real quick.
Speaker 7: Josh, I'll say this because this is actually a shouts out to you, but also Kyle and Isaiah and just the whole fucking Cowboys staff, because one thing about us is if we're wrong, we'll admit it.
Speaker 6: Yep, I did it, insta.
Speaker 1: I didn't have Miles Sanders on my fifty three.
Speaker 3: You didn't, Yeah, I did not.
Speaker 1: Same here, go back and run the receipts. I did not. That being said, I felt justified in that after that fumble.
Speaker 5: Sure, I was like, you see, yeah, do you see two games thereafter he's continued.
Speaker 1: He's on the he's on the upward trajectory.
Speaker 5: So those guys are serviceable running backs. And give credit to the offensive line up front absolutely doing what they're doing.
Speaker 7: And then this and also Connor Riley, Clayton Adams, Connor Riley at combo pack. Yeah, Derek Foster what he's been able to come in and do with those running backs. So yeah, let's give Derek Foster some credit as well. But you know, when it comes to Miles Sanders, I just need him to continue what he's doing because right now he's he's making me eat a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of a crow, absolutely, and he looks to be the most patient runner that you have. I mean, of course Javonte Williams is a hammer out there like he's killing him. But at least with Miles Sanders, you have a sort of a different back. He gives you something different that Javontay Williams is not giving you. However, after this last game he came out for a little bit, didn't seem like he's He may not be one hundred percent going into this game, I'm not sure, but the lingering like when is Jaydon Blue going to play? You know, I feel like that's been a question in our minds for the last three weeks, four weeks, and it feels more and more like we're getting there, but we're like we're getting teased. We're not quite there. Jayden is the only thing that's blue. I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: The comment section has been really fun today already a lot of people giving great insight and Kendrick I completely agree with a comment he just had and I'm going to give him comment of the first segment.
Speaker 3: Blue is a rookie waiting for his turn.
Speaker 5: They don't always play right away, it's normal, but they can give him a shot when they need it.
Speaker 3: I agree completely.
Speaker 5: It's normal for a fifth round running back to not be your starter right away and not earn significant carries right away. You would like him to be active just to get that experience and see what it looks like in game action, especially with a guy like Blue who can be a home run hitter. But I get the first month of the season him not being available, especially when you see the gameplay and the performance of Williams and of Sanders and even at times lip Key and what he can do from a blocking standpoint. And they even gave him a couple carries in the matchup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: Interesting, but they give him a carry.
Speaker 5: Nonetheless, with all that being said, it's just a room for him to try and fit into, and there's no rush to get him in the fold.
Speaker 6: Quicker, Yeah, there is no rush, absolutely right. I just I'm excited to see what he can do.
Speaker 1: Well. To this point, there's not been a rush.
Speaker 7: But now you have some things to figure out because and this is what I present it to Schottenheimer in the press conference yesterday, assuming Miles Sanders can play, because you know, you sound optimistic, Shotty love that if he can play. He's doing it on at least one bad wheel, Okay, So you're hoping he can make it through the game, which means you're gonna need some insurance, okay. And then obviously if he can't go, then you need a guy like Jay and Blue. So how does this color of the conversation as far as blues potential debut this weekend against the Jets as well as the film MafA conversation because Pil MafA is one of, like you said at the top of the show, one of several who qualified to have their practice window open this week. You have Savone, Revel, Kayln Carson, Jonathan Mingle, Josh Butler, Peyton Turner, Phil MafA of course Demo, but Marvel overshown is more of a mid season that you look at and Perry on Wiffrey, I'm told it's nowhere close. But when you talk about Revel, Carson, Mingo, Butler, MafA, and Turner, those guys can have their windows opened on tomorrow as early as tomorrow, And MafA jumps out at me there because why what Revel does as well? We'll talk about that, But MafA in this conversation, why not bring Phil MafA up is the question now, because once you once you do it, you also meet.
Speaker 1: The roster spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's where I'm right, because because if they're already crowded with Blue on the roster, and keep in mind, I think I think the MafA Irs then is a stash.
Speaker 7: I think it continues to your point, I think it continues because they're also slow playing the Tyler Booker sure to IR situation. They really don't want to put ceed Lamb not going to IR. They really don't want to put Tyler book on IR. And because you don't want to do that, you're kind of trapped as far as trying to figure out, okay, well who's doing right roster spot, who's the bottom of of that? So my question to you guys would be, I agree with you. I think Phil Moffus stays on. I offer now, even with Miles Sanders dealing with some things, I think Jay and Blue is the answer to that. Who are you most excited or who would you most want to see come off of IR on that list as quickly as possible, So vulnerable tell me why I agree, But tell me why.
Speaker 6: I mean, you need help with the second why. And granted I haven't seen too much of I mean, you haven't seen him in the defense at all. But I think that's the most important aspect of your defense that needs the help right now, Like right now, Like when Jerry's talked about, Oh, guys are on the way, It's like, that's the guy you're talking about. And as highly as you guys have regarded him since he got drafted, I'm excited to see how he can contribute to this defense that desperately needs that help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you need to ramp up period, give him twenty one days, throw him out there, to get out there. And he was a first round corner on tape at East Carolina. We've talked about him at nauseum on these shows, on the Draft Show, especially even before the Cowboys drafted him. I mean, Savone Revel is a dude, and you're going to add him into the mix. It's going to take a little bit of a ramp up. I'm going from playing a non conference slate in the American Conference last year before he got hurt three games ind of the year to I mean, he's going he's going to go play from app State to whoever his first NFL team is on it could be the Washington Commanders. So he's going to go from covering somebody from app State to Deebo Deebo Samuel and Terry McLaurin and whoever it ends up being. So it will be an adjustment process for Revel. So let's start that now, let's start getting him back in the fold because you need him to step up.
Speaker 6: Another name in that role, sorry to interrupt, another name that keeps popping up in every time it does. I'm always like, oh yeah, Kiln Carson. He's another name, another name that you when we're talking about guys coming back, you know, the cornerbacks getting help, that's seat Pelt Carson. Like, what are we talking about? Granted you didn't see it when he was on the field last year, but hate that name. Oh I know they hated it, and it's understanding he hasn't earned that name yet now at all. It's I'm saying that in jest, but that guy that you definitely need, you.
Speaker 7: Know, when it comes to Kayling Carson's there are things that just the fans aren't privy to. And I know for a fact, and this is not excusing the way bad play, because there's some plays that he just put bad film out there. But when you saw how he flew out of the gates against the Cleveland Browns as a rookie game one versus Marty Cooper, Okay, that has to tell you that there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Upside in Kayln Carson.
Speaker 7: But then he started dealing with the shoulder injury not long thereafter, and he just didn't look right after that. I think that kind of accounted for some of the mistackles that we saw, some of the unwillingness to tackle. I think it was self preservation because that shoulder was really really bothering him. And then oh, ultimately he ends up on ir why because of the shoulder. I want to see what a healthy Kayln Carson looks like in year too. That's what I'm curious to see. So I know a lot of people are writing him off because of the struggles he had, and I'm simply saying some of those struggles was because he was trying to not worsen that shoulder injury. But I will also say when it comes to Revel, I want to see Revel out there. I want to see Carson out there. I think the secondary is in a situation where they don't have the luxury to pick and choose what help is on the way. I think all the help needs to be on the way and then you sort things out from there. So for me, I would like to see the practice window open for both Revel and Carson as early as tomorrow. Does that mean I think they're on the field against the Jets?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: And quick housekeeping note for those that may not know, twenty one day practice window from IR means the Cowboys have exactly that twenty one days of allowing that player to practice, and then at the end of that twenty one days, if that player has not been activated to the roster just yet to the fifty three man roster, they revert to season ending IR. But while they're on that twenty one day window, they're not on the active roster yet, so no corresponding movies is needed. But yeah, so give me Revel and Carson back at practice tomorrow hopefully, and then you know, let's try to get them on the field and help out the secondary.
Speaker 5: I think the seat belt nickname from Carson really hates or it not.
Speaker 3: Hates it, it.
Speaker 6: Hinders his progression because that nickname already it gives people.
Speaker 5: The perception, yeah, yeah, the perception of him because he was great in training camp in twenty twenty three, was looking like a promising young corner, which, of course it's training camp. You're going to see hype that is both warranted and warranted Kyrie Elm. There are ways that you're going to see it drop off into the season. But people just thought, oh yeah, seatbelt Carson, and then it became kind of a butt of the butt of the joke and it just ended up not being what he was because he was trying to play through injury and try and make an adjustment to the NFL and things like that. He could still be a serviceable player for this defense very quickly whenever he's back on the field. So anytime you can add bodies to the secondary, I'm here for it. I'm gonna cheat on your list and say, like all those names that you just rattled off that could come off of r who I want to see in the fold quicker than others. It'd Beate Demarvin Overshown, who was back on the field with a helmet and a football in his hands last week. Get him back out there as quickly as possible, because this linebacker.
Speaker 6: Room that absolutely. There's a comment here from lead commander. You know, the Cowboys are in trouble when they're counting on Overshown with all due respect.
Speaker 5: Which is fair because their linebacker group is not playing well right now and they are counting on him.
Speaker 1: I mean, counting on your nuclear warhead.
Speaker 5: I've said this before and I'm gonna say there are two ways, and I hate this for Demarvin Overshown because he's a great dude. There are two ways his story is going to go. It's either going to be the best comeback story of all time, his second major lower body injury that he's had to comeback from.
Speaker 3: He's going to be right back where he was.
Speaker 5: That's the best comeback story in Cowboys history or one of the best comeback stories in Cowboys history. Or it'll go the other way and he's going to be even a smidge under what he was as the nuclear warhead of your defense, and it's going to be one of the biggest what ifs.
Speaker 3: What if he didn't get hurt, what if it didn't happen. There's no in between.
Speaker 5: It's either he gets there and it's incredible, or he doesn't get there even if he's slightly underneath it and it's going.
Speaker 6: To be a I would argue there's a shaw Lee trajectory as well, or it's like one of those guys that I mean, you don't want him to have that injury history. Granted, I mean this is now two years with Overshown being injured, but you know one of those that always plays well when he is on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and you don't.
Speaker 6: Want that to happen. You don't want that pill.
Speaker 1: He's a game changer, absolutely absolute game.
Speaker 3: Cleveland game, this Thanksgiving game last year.
Speaker 6: The Thanksgiving game last year was like his coming out party and the same we haven't seen him.
Speaker 7: Really quickly before we end the segment, I thought somebody was going to say, Jonathan Mingle, Yeah, yeah, I like our receiver.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 3: I want to give Jalen talk I am another chance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like it more after what I saw against the Packers, especially with the upticking targets to Ryan Flinoy one back into that game. Keep that going and I can hold off a little bit on Mingle if you keep that going with Lanoy.
Speaker 6: As we all know, I'm a Jalen Tolbert day one er. So I support everything that meant. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Tolbert proved a lot of lies.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 5: He proved a lot of people wrong. I want to see it keep going. I want to see it continue to grow. And if that's the case, then you've got four legitimate wide receivers. Especially when ced Lamb comes back, you got four guys you can count on. If Tolbert gets these reps, picking shows that, hey, he can go for a buck thirty four and two toddies when you need him. There are a couple of different things that you can work on there at the wide receiver position. Also, not to mention, you have the leading receiver in terms of receptions at tight end too. And Jake Ferguson get him further. Start nice and it's nice. Got that touchdown, Got on Twinkles.
Speaker 7: The hardest things is getting the monkey off your back once. Once that happens, now, hopefully the floodgates are opening up for Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 5: The YouTube comments have been just absolutely awesome so far. You guys are killing it in the comments. But now it's time to answer some phone calls. Eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven. If you want to be a part of Talking Cowboys here on this Talking Tuesday from the.
Speaker 3: Star in Frisco. We've got more to comrade after this.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 1: We're with you.
Speaker 9: That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 6: Where were you? Where are you noted?
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a.
Speaker 3: Bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 5: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee isle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent.
Speaker 3: You have some great talents, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 9: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 3: Cowboys make a new.
Speaker 2: Friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 3: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 4: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 11: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 6: I'm home.
Speaker 7: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 2: Nice. Hey can you Hey?
Speaker 9: Hon?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine? Wow?
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 12: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last in twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident. Pact ten of more towers. Re strictions and exclusions apply a t T dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys, It's time for a little bit of talking. Tuesday's Talk Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Pick up the phone, open, shut it up.
Speaker 11: I was like.
Speaker 1: Sitting on your sofa, You're watching me like, you know what, I am a loser. That's how the commercial makes you feel, right, you know what, I.
Speaker 3: Am a loser that the dive.
Speaker 6: But I'm also in like sixth grade.
Speaker 13: Watching because the Ultimate Technical Institute. Yeah, all right, it's time to take some phone calls. Eight five, five, two two nine seven. Let's start things off with Trace and Iowa.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Trace?
Speaker 14: Hey, guys, how are we doing today?
Speaker 3: We are fantastic.
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 14: Well, first of all, I love the show, first time calls, appreciate you having me on. Thanks, And I'd like to let you know being up here in the Midwest, you know, with a lot of these cheese and I'm hearing a lot of talk about the lack of holding calls with Michaeh Parsons, and I might have to be something they get used to. So I just wanted to let you guys know what that.
Speaker 3: That it's incredible. Thank you for the phone call. You have something else?
Speaker 14: Yeah, one more question? Kind of obviously the game was it was quite the game. The defense you know, is what it is, but kind of interesting thing. I was thinking about, where do you guys think they are with, you know, the George Pickens potential extension things like that. I know seems to like it here, he's playing pretty well and things of that nature. So just kind of want to get your guys thoughts on kind of what what you guys think about that and kind of what you guys would do personally kind of leading.
Speaker 8: Up to that.
Speaker 14: So but I appreciate it anyway.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for the call. Trace And first off, I just love that.
Speaker 5: The more I think about that anecdote, the fact that the thirty one other teams in the NFL are like a cowboys face, you're just whining.
Speaker 3: Mica doesn't get held on every play.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah he does, Yeah he does, and then he gets traded and the Packers are like, yeah, we're with you.
Speaker 1: Will be good. Such a mouth.
Speaker 3: That was us Patrick, No, that's that's that was That was us though, No, but it was.
Speaker 6: Hey, Green Bay, Cope, how about that?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 6: How about Cope?
Speaker 3: I love that Pickens extension.
Speaker 5: Jerry was asked by Bobby Belt this morning. He was asked by Robert, he was Robert.
Speaker 1: Right, Robert.
Speaker 7: First, I will say this because Ceedee Lamb said earlier this offseason, and I wrote about it on the dot com at the time. Ceedee Lamb said, he quote unquote doesn't see a situation in which George Pickens is not here. He said he doesn't see it as only a one year deal. This was Ceedee Lamb saying it months ago. Now you fast forward to what George Pickens has proven to be both in the locker room and on the field, and you get Jerry Jones talking on one oh five through the Fan again, excellent question by Bobby Belt, And of course Jerry is optimistic about the possibility of keeping George Pickens in Dallas for the long term. Like cow said, George Pickens, he looks refreshed, he looks rejuvenated, he looks confident. I think he feels like he's being believed in and he is. And Jerry Jones mentioned, as you know as many times as he needs to that by not signing a particular guy, you now have a lot of salary cap space to be able.
Speaker 1: To sign other guys.
Speaker 6: I mean those are just facts.
Speaker 1: So Cowboys right now.
Speaker 7: Still floating over thirty million dollars in available salary cap space, and they get to roll one hundred percent of the unused portion over into the twenty twenty six offseason. So as it stands, there is everybody wants the same thing as it stands.
Speaker 1: As it stands. Of course, that can.
Speaker 7: Change once the phone call start flying and the offers and the counter offers start flying.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, and remember the agent, and remember the agent. I didn't want to. I didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you got to David Mogoletta. I mean it was the same agent that.
Speaker 7: But Michael Parkers respected David though, because he said, uh there, and I believe this because he is the consummate professional. He said, there are no hard feelings. He said, this isn't personal. So he's not going to hold what happened or did not happen with the Michael Parsons deal over the contract talks with George Pickens.
Speaker 1: That's just bad business.
Speaker 6: And yeah, money still spends, but yeah, baby, and it's not going to reset the market.
Speaker 5: He's not resetting wide receiver markets like Michael Parsons was resetting edge markets. I still think it plays a factor, and there is kind of a relationship there and it is really life and there are real feelings when you look at the contracts, and of course the details of a lot of these new contracts aren't completely public yet. The Tyler Smith deals, the Dearron Bland deals, like all of this stuff is all kind of under the radar and how it's split up from year to year to year and the split between the two. But I think there's still room that you can get a Pickens deal done. You don't have to choose between these guys. And if you're going to go into free agency and say, yeah, we're going to spend all this money, I don't think I would rather do that than.
Speaker 3: To keep George Pickens. When it comes to wide receiver, my.
Speaker 6: Only question would be pumpkin, sweet potato, peach.
Speaker 1: Maybe sweet potato is always the answer.
Speaker 6: Which one do you want?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 6: Because you're getting a piece of this Poe Pauls, You're getting a piece of this pot Sign him. Do it now. The price is only gonna get bigger the more he does for you, especially with CD lamb out. Now he's your number one target right now.
Speaker 1: Just do it, please do it now, just do it.
Speaker 6: It would be great if we get one of these other way before training game. I love I love the idea, but.
Speaker 5: Again, not to rain on the parade. They don't want to do it now. Pickens' crew does not want to do this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has an opportunity over the next four games, possibly without ceed Lamb in the fold, or three games now without Ceede Lamb in the fold, and he can say, oh, I did this as a wide receiver one. He's already got checkbox number one. He catches one hundred and thirty four yards and two touchdowns. You take all that and it's like, oh, now mine price is gone up. There's no reason for Pickens to do it now. He's betting on himself and so far it's coming to fruition.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 7: But to answer the question, I would be able to do it. It is on the mind of both sides of the table. And uh, they'll start talking when it's time to start talking, I suppose. But I'm with you, guys. I'd put the offer on the table right now. It's a two way street has to be signed. Yeah, there's but I'd put an off on the table right now.
Speaker 3: It'd be nice. It would be nice, all right. Our second caller Mike in New York. Not Mike.
Speaker 5: I know we were, uh we're playing the Jets this week. I know you're in enemy territory as well. What's going on, Mike?
Speaker 10: Going on? Guys? I just I want to see some improvements with the defense. I mean, I know it's it's see we talk about this weekly like it's I mean, something's gotta change. It's like I'd like to see it get a little bit more of a pass for us. I mean, it's you know, I feel like we talk about the same thing every week. Our linebacker's got to be a little more disciplined too.
Speaker 3: We're missing a lot.
Speaker 10: Of tackles too. It's like, I mean, I know it's gonna happen, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Thank you Mike for the call. Appreciate you.
Speaker 5: And here are the things that at least going back and watching the film again. And I talked with a couple of former defenders, one being Barry. He said he liked the communication in the secondary more than he has previously.
Speaker 1: I can agree.
Speaker 5: And there was a little bit more of a pass rush just that you could see on film than what you had in the first three weeks. But when you're missing tackles. That negates the progress you've made in those two areas.
Speaker 6: Yes, because you're structurally sound there, but if you're not making the tackle, then it's a moot point. You're not making any progress on the preparation that you've made going into it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: Hope tackling is more of an emphasis this week in practice, obviously.
Speaker 3: Without taking a step back in communication and pass.
Speaker 6: Rush exactly exactly. I mean, you just hope it comes together. And Ceja Goodwin yesterday on Cowboys Hour was talking about that as well, and someone who's sort of an emergency cornerback and you know it takes spells with the defense on occasion, but more so talking about how again this is another coordinator, brand new system for them for the defense, third year in a row, and it more so feels like these guys are going to take a few games to sort of get in line with what they're doing. Right now, you have a quarter of the season or a quarter is it a quarter season done? So now you have a chance for the defense to sort of galvanize on the tape that they've put out there. My thing is like, I don't know if the personnel is quite there I think you can be structurally sound, you can have all the p's and q's, you can dot all the.
Speaker 3: Eyes you're arguing, they're just not good enough.
Speaker 6: I don't think this defense currently, as we said here, is good enough. I think you're missing at least three or four impact players that can make this defense what it needs to be. Yeah, because I think you have a guy here, a guy there. You know, like you have some pieces, but you just need more playmakers. And Marvin Overstrom coming back would be one. Obviously, the more healthier you get is going to make an impact. But I think at the second level you are just looking for answers right now, and I don't think they're on your team.
Speaker 7: Which means you need that much more production from your first level in order to help that second level. That's that's having these struggles. And when I say that, I'm I'm again to the college point. We're talking about the defensive ends, right The defensive tackles are playing exceptional football. Kenny Clark, he had a solid game, not his best, but he had a solid game. But he's having a great season overall. Solomon Thomas, Oh, so they're having phenomenal seasons overall. You're you're set at defensive tackle, but even when you're coming out of this game, you're set at defensive I just.
Speaker 1: Wanted to hear it.
Speaker 7: Felt crazy, felt good to say. But the defensive end room, I mean, they how.
Speaker 3: Much they change. That's why we love our running backs.
Speaker 1: We knew it.
Speaker 7: But you're getting pressure from the interior. But that pressure is that contains being broken. We saw Jordan Love break can on several of those plays. When you know Kenny Clark and Olsa and Sally, they blew up the middle, did exactly what we wanted them to do, force him out, to try to force him outside, but the contain wasn't there right, miss tackles on the outside. Things like that, And when Kenny Clark is leading the team leader from last game against the Packers and pressures with four pressures from the interior, it's kind of problematic.
Speaker 1: Had a better day from Dante Fowler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not still not to the standard that you expect from Dante Fowler, but uptick as Raku had the best game of his young rookie career. Loved the trajectory there. James Houston, we talked about him heavily yesterday. Jadeve jan got involved. He had three tackles, he had a couple of pressures. He's ramping up. But you have to get better pressure from the ends to help out what's happening in the middle of that defensive tackle, middle of that defensive line, and then your secondary while they're trying to figure some things out.
Speaker 5: They have the time to fine things. Hey, and it's gonna be super easy to can taine whoever the Cowboys you're playing at quarterback this week? Right like the Yeah, there's no way they're playing like any of those high level mobile guys.
Speaker 6: No, nobody that ran for forty three yards for.
Speaker 3: A touchdown last night justin fields.
Speaker 5: All right, when we come back, we've got a couple more callers coming your way. Plus we do also have some waiver wire news that just popped up.
Speaker 3: A moment ago. Bye, Buddy, I hope you're find your dad in Indianapolis. Colts pluck, Buddy Johnson. That's the news. We may not have that on the other side of it. We'll be back in the moment talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 6: I'm home?
Speaker 1: Hey, Mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 2: Nice Hey, can you run?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 12: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downime lasting twenty mine more or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes some more caused by a single inc ANDN impact in ten more towers. Stritions in exclusions applies at dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up.
Speaker 3: A bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 5: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 15: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions. With an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper, Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you, dear doctor.
Speaker 3: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 5: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 11: To cry out?
Speaker 15: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind. So yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball.
Speaker 3: Make a play for the playmaker.
Speaker 5: At Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I would like to make sure and clarify that that was a reference from the movie Christmas Classic. Some would say Elf, by the way, arguably Christmas Classic. Yeah, as you would, as you would pertain to Buddy Johnson.
Speaker 1: What was that who was arguing against Elf?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's awesome fans of a Christmas Story, And I'm just.
Speaker 1: Gonna well, first of all, to that number one fan of a Christmas Story. Really Christmas movie, this is my favorite.
Speaker 3: All right, forget all these other callers, and.
Speaker 1: We won't because Snookie season first.
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: This segment is brought to you buy in visil Line, the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We're having some fun, Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back and on the phone line.
Speaker 3: Right now, we have Brian and Kansas City. Brian, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Good morning, gentlemen, Good good morning.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to say real quick, I love when Nebbee calls. That guy is prepared, he understands football and he does the work before he calls, and I just wanted him to hear that from a fan.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Yeah, we appreciate you. Brian.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so anyway, Nebbe keep calling man, Yeah, absolutely, uh yeah.
Speaker 5: I listening to the.
Speaker 11: Previous segment, and you guys are right just hearing the words of nobody's complaining about one Tech now, right, Yeah, And when this happens, like we kind of forget and move on. We're like, well, we got this problem, we got this problem, we got this problem. And you know, two years ago we were all saying that about the kickers. We're like, I was watching the break at training camp and a ball sails over Ambar Garcia's head and they're saying, oh, we don't know about our kicker this year, and now we don't. We would never even think about, you know, not signing him to a long term deal. Right, the same thing with one Tech. That problem is solved, and man, I can't tell you just like Kyle said, how glad I am to hear that to just not be complaining about that position anymore.
Speaker 3: Now we have other positions to complain about it.
Speaker 11: Let me ask you guys a question with Juan Ye Thomas, maybe you guys could tell us because with backup players and guys that play teams and stuff like that, we don't all we don't all know a lot as fans don't, and I don't live in Dallas obviously, Yeah, we don't get to know a ton about those guys. Maybe you guys can tell us a little bit about what he brings to the table that's different and going forward, however long it is going forward. What's different about him? What does he bring to the table that's special? What do they like about him? Does he have anything that we need to be you know, any any faults that you know, Hey, this is something he'll have to work on. I'll hang up and listen. Good to talk to you, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, Brian, really quickly.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to have the analysis that you guys have because you guys have seen Janier on the field and at practice and everything. At least for me, just from my standpoint, he's always making a play. I feel like every time I see him, he's flashing in one form or another and he's going after the ball. For me, that's the most important attribute you can have at that position. Granted, his coverage, all of that I'm sort of blind to at this point, But again and again and again I see him making place.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna write down a word here. Okay, I'm gonna write down a World Awards and I don't have a piece of paper. I'm gonna type careful, I'm gonna type it down. It's gonna describe Wanye Thomas and what his best attribute is just one single word, and I want to I want you to say the word and see if it's the same word.
Speaker 3: Okay, see I've already.
Speaker 1: Got it here. What you got coverage?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, so kind of the same, think more fundamental human.
Speaker 5: Attribute attributes speed, Okay, see I put smart Okay. He he knows how to read a coverage. He knows how to read and react and to get after it. I think he's just a smart, heady football player. And that's why Brian asked, what does he bring to the table. Dallas knows exactly what they have in Wanye Thomas because he's been around since twenty twenty two. He was an undrafted free agent and he's the only along with Marky's Bell, the only two undrafted free agents from that class that are still sticking around to this day.
Speaker 3: And that's for a reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and a lot of it is teams, but really, when he's out there making plays, it's because he knows where to be and when to be there.
Speaker 3: I think he's a smart football player.
Speaker 1: Agreed, And this is where I am with one Yea.
Speaker 7: In losing the league, Cooker, what you lose is the veteran experience in the veteran wild sure, right, So unfortunately you can't fabricate that. Yeah, you're gonna lose that, which means there're gonna be situations where Malik would have seen the play coming, whereas one Yea might not have seen the play coming. And that might simply be because Malik has been in the league and seen more games and so forth and so on. However, current skill set, youth ability, one Yea can react faster.
Speaker 1: He's quicker. He is literally faster.
Speaker 7: One of the reason I says speed, but because he has such a high football like you, he picks up on things quickly. So if you get once, good luck getting him twice the same way to your point, So he has the physical ability one hundred percent. He's versatile. He can play safety, he can play nickel corner. He can give you special teams plays. He's now made more than one, you know, game changing special teams play. And over the course of what four or five games, well, yeah, five games, give a take when you go back to Washington six games.
Speaker 1: So he gives you that ability.
Speaker 7: And I think those who don't know about one Yea Thomas will be pleasantly surprised when they see him in a starting role for the Cowboys on the back end of that defense because one of the things that Malik is struggling with, be it the toe injury or whatever the case may be, communication is an aspect of it. But being able to recover and get back quickly when it's like that old crap moment. One Yea doesn't struggle in that old crap moment. He's like, oh crap, I'm out. He bails and he has to speed and everything to get there. So you're gonna love one Ya Thomas. Is that to say he's going to make every single play, No, But he's gonna make enough plays where you're like, Okay, I see what they have there in one game.
Speaker 5: And there are times where he's going to get himself in trouble because he sees it so quickly and he's going to get into he's going to buy, and he will buy and it'll put him out. And that's that's where the experience has to correct play into the fold. But it's all things that are going to add up over time, and the more reps he gets, I think, the better he's going to be as a player, whether it's here in Dallas or once his contracts up, or whatever it ends up being.
Speaker 3: I think he's a He's a heady, smart.
Speaker 5: Iq driven football player, and he has some skill set and some speed to to mesh with it. He's not the fastest corner, he's not the biggest corner, but he can get there because of the way he reads.
Speaker 1: His fatality is full of dog guys.
Speaker 6: We have a comment of the day.
Speaker 3: Oh what is it?
Speaker 6: We have a common of the day Josh from Chicago. Chicago made Josh shoot Josh. I haven't been able to get in the past twos, but I wanted to apologize for saying CD should run those end rounds.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 6: Have a nice day. We found the culprit we did it is Chicago made How there, my friends? You made us do a You made us to do an impression of Randew macho man savage on this show, and you brought bad juju? How dare you get away?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 6: But you know what there's a reason you're not getting in the phone line.
Speaker 3: Hey, I appreciate the accountability, though. We can open back up to him.
Speaker 1: Now, he says, what we do. We're taking accountability, the fans.
Speaker 5: Are taking We're just trying to make you the smartest in the room. And if you ask a question, that's okay. There's no such thing as a dumb question.
Speaker 6: But know more about running the ball and ask about it.
Speaker 1: How you see you, Josh? Now you see why we said hell no.
Speaker 3: All right, last caller of the day, Patrick, Where are you from.
Speaker 1: I'm from Savannah, Georgian.
Speaker 3: That's also where Sebastian. Hey me, let's go what's up Sebastian.
Speaker 8: Don't's see what up?
Speaker 9: Baby?
Speaker 8: Listen, I'm not I'm not from here, but I love it here.
Speaker 1: Let's be great.
Speaker 8: I'm from Michigan, so I can't. I moved down during the pandemic and we brought you all a couple of championships with us.
Speaker 1: Listen, you've been down there half a decade. Artist stamped.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean I love it here, which my family's trying to take over. Like the hotels. You already know what it is. I'm actually right down the road from Tanger outlet in the Highlands.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, come on, yeah, I love it, home Base.
Speaker 8: I gotta get back. I gotta give it to the football. You just took me off course. So listen. I'm watching Zach Prescott. I'm like Da Coda's hot dog. This defense has got to catch up. Check this out. We are two penalties away on both sides of the ball from being a much better team. That's what it boils down to. Our old culture keeps sneaking up on us with these penalties. The two defensive penalties giving them third downs, take them in the first downs, and the offensive penalty is taking away big yards and interceptions and touchdowns. Basically through that game. I believe that we can get this defense to a top sixteen defense, just serviceable that can do something with this team. This kid is playing out of his mind, insane. And let's to the George Pickets thing. I want to call cap on that. I don't think we should sign George Pickens, although this is the best possible fit for him. I think we need to take that money that we have and pour it into our defense. We need a guy like that thread from the forty team over there in San Francisco who can read the offense and make plays. We got to put money in our defense. We often need a new safety. But you know, I'm not gonna go there. You guys have a great day.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the excellent call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, best call ever, because.
Speaker 3: We need somebody to go to call next week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where are you from?
Speaker 3: Like like specifically to me? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Where am I from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Little one?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I thought. I'll just call in next week.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: It don't hit the same Yeah, I'm over I'm literally from over there, Yeah, right over the top.
Speaker 3: All right. What did you think about Sebastian there?
Speaker 6: Excellent call. Yeah, I mean he's not wrong about anything. I don't think we're wrong about anything. I think that all of the criticism is due versus what you're doing exact It's all the criticisms are real. Granted, I'm ready to sign George Pickens today, yesterday, like now, let's do it, but understanding that that leaves you with less money to put forth on your defense, which you desperately need right now. He's totally right. I'm totally right. You know what I'm It's exactly what you need help. Regardless.
Speaker 5: You just said in the last segment, you said, we don't have the dogs, you don't have the pieces. You need something influxed into your defense from talent perspective in order to really fill in some of these holes.
Speaker 6: What I'm feeling confident about now is that I don't think the front office now is saying like we're only going to start be building this through the draft. I think they're over that, not over that mentality.
Speaker 3: But of course you're seeing the shift.
Speaker 6: You're seeing a shift, and it's it's not gonna happen until we actually see it. But the guys that they've brought, at least on the offensive side from this offseason, they did more in free agency to make their team better.
Speaker 3: You traded for George Pickens.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, You traded for Kenneth Murray, who was probably your best linebacker, if not arguably your best linebacker or not arguably.
Speaker 3: You're the linebackers.
Speaker 6: Devonte Williams, Javonte Williams you signed, Yes, you turn around, you you trade for Kenny Clark.
Speaker 5: I know it's part of the Mica trade, but Kenny Clark's your best defender right now, most consistent defender. So they've made moves enough to make it happen.
Speaker 6: So if the mentality is changing a bit, and they're going to both use free agency and the draft to build a team, to me, the trajectories on the right path. Now, if you sign George Pickens and you still have that money to contribute to another big free agent defensive player, I think big names like that are going to help you. Of course, proven names, guys that you know are dogs, and then supplement those with draft picks. It's a very simple, simplified process that a lot of teams have been doing. The Philadelphia Eagles are probably the best at doing that.
Speaker 3: Just need three or four names, it's not just one name.
Speaker 5: That's where there's a problem because you absolutely, of course, everybody wants to nobody's sitting on these multiple first round draft picks. Now, it's like, I don't really want to trade these twenty seven ones because that's going to be a really talented draft.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Guys that are known gods, that are dudes.
Speaker 7: I'll say this first of all, I do agree with the point of if this Cowboys defense is fifteenth, sixteenth in the league, you're three and one right now, because they're not the reason you lost in Philadelphia. Yeah, okay, so you're three and one right now. I agree with that whole heartedly. I will disagree in that I don't want to play the pie game when it comes to George Pickens. Because you have over thirty million dollars available right now, you can roll it over.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, there you go.
Speaker 7: You can sign George Pickens to an extension, and you can use a combination of what you guys are saying, the additional picks you got from Green Bay, and this.
Speaker 1: New dare I say, new free agency.
Speaker 7: Approach, throwing somebodies at defense, some key guys who can actually help do those three things together, and we're cooking. I don't think you have to piece meal it. And I think if you think you have to piece meal it, then you're working against you.
Speaker 5: So great calls today, Appreciate you on Talking Tuesday for Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Chris Beam. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.