Speaker 1: They around the NFL podcast, Well, always.
Speaker 2: Cherish the young and sweaty hand from the Chris Wesley podcast studio, It's around the NFL. I am Dan hansis got heroes here, Greg Rosendal, Mark Sessler on this very special week on the NFL calendar. It's week twelve, but it's also here's the language. The John Madden Thanksgiving Commemoration.
Speaker 3: What's up, guys, also known as Thanksgiving? Which is fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's sets. The secondary title would be thinking, oh.
Speaker 2: NFL now has enough power due to the ratings and the billions that Thanksgiving has been officially renamed.
Speaker 3: I'm with it.
Speaker 5: I mean, if there's one person that there's one person that I want to be reminded of every year, it's John Madden.
Speaker 6: He can just be in the New Love Jo saying I like that angle of it. Greg we all you know grew up with John Madden. I don't disagree that he deserves to be recognized. But they then for them to literally rename Thanksgiving. That flies in the face of a larger population fall.
Speaker 3: That's just the football production value.
Speaker 2: Madden's first Thanksgiving game for the record, and maybe some people, the younger listeners don't know John Madden.
Speaker 4: It's a video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They a Hall of Fame a player and then a Hall of Fame coach with the Raiders. Retired early and then it got the bug to stay in the game and ended up becoming I think, undoubtedly like the most famous NFL announcer ever, launched a video game franchise that became the biggest video game franchise ever, and he passed away. I believe it was it last year or the year before, and now we celebrate Madden and we celebrate his contribution to the game because he kind of was Americana personified, especially this time of year. And his last Thanksgiving Day game as a commentator was way back in two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: But it just goes to show you, uh, what kind of connection he had.
Speaker 6: Well, also, there's no him without Pat Summer all as well. It's like the two of them kind of were this incredible duo. And I do wonder what it would be like if if John Madden were dropped In today's world, we're like half of the conversation is about like E P A and d V O A.
Speaker 3: Like he was.
Speaker 6: He was from a time where that you don't you just talking about what you're seeing on the field right now, and like how big the guy's legs are, and like they're smashing into each other and you're eating turkey.
Speaker 3: Kind of miss that. I kind of miss it, but you're not. No, you're not.
Speaker 4: It's it's great what we have now. It's better, so much better.
Speaker 3: I mean he I I hear you. By man.
Speaker 5: He he broke it down x as a O style. Yeah, Mark over simplified it. He took a shot.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, like, like I think I think he's.
Speaker 5: Very romo, Like I think, I mean, Romo is not John Madden, and he's definitely not gonna be like writing a bunch of number one best selling books like Madden did, which another career. Yeah, that's right. Uh they were romance novels. They kind of remind me that very steamy one of the Eagles two feet the kind of kind of similar to me the way they like the game.
Speaker 2: Speaking of historical figures, I gotta I gotta bring this up, Mark, because we've long had a connect.
Speaker 6: By now, I'm like, I got the John Madden thing wrong, Like Jula, We've moved on.
Speaker 5: Give me, let me do a thousand let's do you have sixteen games to get through.
Speaker 3: I think it's the only time we'll ever do that. Let's nail this historical figure out.
Speaker 7: Okay, we choose to go to the moon and dis decay and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we're willing to accept. One we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win.
Speaker 3: And the others too.
Speaker 2: JFK spitting bars in a big spot in an address at Rice University on September twelfth, nineteen sixty two. Today's November twenty second, twenty twenty three. It has been sixty years since John Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Like coming up up to the hour, almost sixty years, and Mark, I've always been and this kind of talks about the pull of Kennedy that even though this is a man that's been gone sixty years when we were growing up, like he was a major figure and someone you knew about the Oliver Stone film. Of course, Yeah, in ninety three, around the thirtieth anniversary was a major part of our lives growing up.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's a figure of immense historical worth. And you Mark, we have talked about him for years and years since we've known each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if the listeners know this, but John F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy was such a fascination and the details around his tragic death that you almost wrote a book or started writing a book about it.
Speaker 6: I went, I transferred colleges multiple times, and my third transfer was to American University in DC, and I went there under the guise of I'm going to research this in the assassination left and right. But it was also it was nineteen ninety three when I went and did that, So was the thirty year anniversary, and about four hundred and six books came out on the topic, and it was just on the heels of the Oliver Stone film. So it was like, did not pick the right spot? But I've always thought he was Did.
Speaker 3: You actually start it? Yeah, but it's still going to research. Yeah, it's still going strong, it is.
Speaker 6: But I think also I was in college and I got diverted, you know, got like a founded a girlfriend down the hallway and like JFK assassination to go hard right out of my life.
Speaker 5: That's an unfinished work. I mean, it's still it's still popping. They got they got a new JFK pod on the old I Heart radio network. It did Rob Ryder and it's still popping. To do better than popping, I think it is.
Speaker 3: It's on our heel. We need home and home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, And by the way, that was Kennedy, you know, getting the US formerly into the space race. You wanted to send a man to the moon and bring him home safely by nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: He was killed in sixty three.
Speaker 2: But we got there in July sixty nine, major sliding doors moment.
Speaker 3: The history of this country is his death.
Speaker 4: And his brothers and mlk's and Malcolm X's.
Speaker 3: And say say what you wanna about LBJ.
Speaker 2: But he did get the Civil Rights Bill across the finish line at sixty four, which was a Kennedy mandate as well.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: He did some other things too that would have been in the book.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to it. Here we go, my son Jack. One of the reasons they name that the first Irish Catholic president as well.
Speaker 3: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked I didn't know that the best. All right, here we go. Let's get into it. Let's start with the Thanksgiving games, because that's how John Madden would have wanted it. The early game is the green Bay Packers against of course, the Detroit Lions. It is the tradition that's gone back decades now for the NFL, and we have a situation that's very different these days because the Lions are now a hot ticket and that place is gonna be on fire, Mark Sessler, because the Lions are eight and two, they're on a three game winning streak, and they get the Packers and this is good for us the football fans coming off a nice one of their own, a three point win over the Chargers that kept them in the NFC playoff race.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of a gotta have a game for Green Bay.
Speaker 2: And Greg, you've been talking about it, and I've noticed it, and I'm sure you have as well. Mark, that Jordan Love is starting to figure some things out the last few weeks. Maybe we got a quirker here in the NFC North.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think like you're coming off of a performance. Jordan Love's probably best of the year against the Chargers defense, so you've got to take that into account. But you know, three hundred plus yards effective as a deep thrower.
Speaker 4: I think they've got an interesting cast.
Speaker 6: Of wide receivers who have started to gel, so there is some hope. The thing about this game, though, that pops out for me more anything else. They have like seventeen players the Packers on their injury report. Now they're in varying states of up and down this but Aaron Jones obviously not going to be playing with that knee injury. Aj Dillon, their backup running back, is on the injury report. Emmanuel Wilson, the third running back, is on the injury report.
Speaker 3: Luke Musgrave was hospitalized.
Speaker 6: And will not be playing, and Jayden reied Doantavian Wicks. I mean, a lot of their offense is banged up, and I think you'd need to be fully healthy and completely on your on your act to have a chance against the Detroit team that's gonna be extremely amped up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Detroit's been pretty disappointing though over the last month, just in terms of their defense. They they've been one of the worst defenses in the league since they showed up in Baltimore. I think the book is kind of out that you just throw against them, Just throw, throw, throw, throw. They're they're not good at cornerback. They don't really have a great pass rush. I know Hutchinson's having a good year. Ali mcmill's having a good year, but it's a reminder you actually need more than two players and just consistency. You could look at any metric you want. They're one of the two or three worst defense in the league SIN in the last four or five weeks, and you're going up against the Packers passing attack that when you can protect love weirdly, Dan, Yeah, they have more plays over thirty yards than any team in the NFL. Doesn't that kind of shock you. Some of them are schemed up and it's like thirties of weird cutoff. There's actually not that many for any team, but still the Packers hit on some big plays. I could see a lot of points. I think this will be fun. I think the lines are favored by too much. It's seven and a half.
Speaker 2: In this Yeah, I mean you heard it made some news this week. Tom Brady talking about seeing, you know, a level of mediocrity in the games he's watching maybe that speaks to that a little bit, like if the Packers are the team that's kind of leading the charge in terms of big plays. And I just we just finished watching a game on Monday night where you know, Christian where Patrick mahomes him airing it out now is like a seven yard game. But that's the reason why it's hard to do. It's hard to hit on big plays. And I think it does. Perhaps Greg hit on that there is a lot of potential here both with the quarterback and some of the playmakers, And yeah, I think you hit on it there.
Speaker 3: That Detroit is the better team.
Speaker 2: Detroit is at home, Detroit is going to that building is going to be rocking.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see. I wish Creed was playing.
Speaker 2: Speaking of anniversaries, it's like the twentieth anniversary of the Creed at halftime show gotten away from that, the bald guy with a silver painted face came down from the rafters with.
Speaker 3: This that was in Dallas. Oh yeah, that's right. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Think how big of a deal though it would be. If they actually did that, people would love it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'd be amazing. And now they think about it. Yes, Scott's stapp was wearing. I don't know, like it was like a Tony Romo jersey or whatever it would have been back then. Anyway, Yeah, the defensive struggles with Detroit. Maybe Jordan Love does have another big game here and this one goes down to the wire, but I just don't see the lines losing it.
Speaker 3: Maybe we get a nice shootout with a double thirty Burger.
Speaker 6: I think it'd be stunning if they lost to Home on Thanksgiving. I really like what Jamiir Gibbs has been over the last month and the pairing of him. It's not like it's him where Dave David Montgomery. The two of them together work really well. Green Bay is giving up the fifth most rushing yards in the league.
Speaker 3: You can run on them.
Speaker 4: Their defense isn't special either.
Speaker 6: And I don't really care about what happened to Jared Goff last week. I think in general, are sample size of Jared Goff over the last seventeen games tells us the story of an effective, efficient quarterback, And especially at home. He has been lights out at home and I just like, it's like, how do you come in and not?
Speaker 3: I I kind of see a romp.
Speaker 2: To be honest, he's not going to turtleshell after not in this that's not really who.
Speaker 3: Did in that game.
Speaker 5: I think that running the attack and they've even doubt the snaps now where gibbson Montgomery you're splitting might be the very best in football, and they're often it's great, but it's especially great run blocking. So I'm with you. I think this is a perfect way to start. I think we could get big time scores.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight, thirty one. Let's go, let's do it.
Speaker 6: I have one prophecy, you know, like aunt Beatrice whoever's watching this game, but it is not a big football fan necessarily, but it's on and you're stum.
Speaker 3: We got to get Beatris over early.
Speaker 6: Well, she's already sleeping over back. And before Beatrice alreadys she flew inalhere you sleep. I'm just saying she's an old she would be a matronly older aunt. It's not my aunt, I'm saying, but this is actually a football Someone had to ask the question. I am not really, I'm saying the archetypal and Beatrice well come out of this game around twelve thirty Eastern with a secret and dangerous man crush on Sam Laporta, who win the game for the Lions.
Speaker 3: OK, very nice call, I think you're gonna say.
Speaker 5: Dan Campbell also could be a favorite of the ant.
Speaker 3: Cra Oh he's too much man for me.
Speaker 2: The Lions are playing their eighty fourth game on Thanksgiving, by the way, that is.
Speaker 3: The most all time.
Speaker 2: And wow, they are something crazy like sixteen and four in their last twenty games overall dating back to last year.
Speaker 3: So the Lions are a roll in. Let's move on. We gotta keep it on.
Speaker 2: We got so many games did today, So we're gonna hit the middle game. And it's always the Cowboys. And yes it was Scott's stap. Can we find out Eric behind the glass? Scott's stap Thanksgiving two thousand and one? Whose jersey he was wearing? I might have been DaMarcus Ware. This is very important to find out, all right. The Washington Commanders four and seven, third place in the NFC East, travel to Dallas to face the seven and three boys.
Speaker 3: Greg I the Commanders, they're going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: And Howell had a miserable game against the Giants, and now you're sending him to Dallas.
Speaker 3: Where again Dallas, who's you know?
Speaker 2: It's a very good team with an opportunistic defense playing at home. I don't want to count out Howel because he's really had a nice season on balance, but he's in the danger zone. I think here when it comes to turnovers, that could crush Washington.
Speaker 5: Well, especially because when you look at the schedule he's faced. You know, according to football outsiders, he's faced the easiest schedule of opposing quarterbacks so far this year, and now it's going to get tough that he has a bunch of tough matchups on the schedule, including I believe it's two against the Cowboys, and so you hope it's the good Howel because again, this could be a bit of a score fest. I love the Commanders when they're trailing in games because they will keep throwing and throwing and throwing.
Speaker 3: I also thought we missed it on the show.
Speaker 5: Is interesting that it was nice that Jerry Jones finally announce Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Johnson going to the hall, you know, the ring of ns. You want to make a big dai.
Speaker 5: He could have done it on Thanksgiving when this is This and the Lions game are the two most watch games of the entire season years.
Speaker 2: Just think how much bad blood there must have been for Jimmy Jimmy Johnson, one of the most charismatic successful figures in the history of that team.
Speaker 3: It's taking thirty years to get him into the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're placing with Barry Switzer.
Speaker 3: Ego.
Speaker 5: Ego is a problem. Who wants the credit is a problem. This way, we need to don't do this. Craft in Belichick was we don't got thirty years. We don't have thirty years to waste. Well Belichick, well crafts, you know, or craft. But I'm Strafts in his eighties right now. Let's see if Tony Pollard can pick it up here.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are good at everything.
Speaker 5: They're twenty second though in rushing, and this is against a good run defense. This is a team you attack normally through the air. Washington, they're actually a pretty good stop in the run.
Speaker 3: Of course, thank you, Eric. Of course it was a number eleven.
Speaker 2: Staff Jersey was a self personalized whole nobody probably like some Biblical.
Speaker 4: Would have to have been a quarterback back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, how about Dron Bland, by the way, because when when they lost Digs in the secondary, it was supposed to be a crushing blow for Dallas' defense, but Bland has become that guy. I feel like there's always one guy in the secondary somewhere in the league every year that just has that special interception season. But he's taking the ball back with pick sixes. He's become he's become a four that's got to be the right.
Speaker 6: Well, there's so these there's all these tweets out there now about like the fact that he essentially has four receiving touchdowns, but there's a flock of bigger name wideouts to have three right for the course of a whole year.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if greg I don't know if the the you know, PFF and other analytics back him up as a premier corner, but he's a playmaker on a team that is just loaded with him. So he kind of he filled that void in a lot of ways in their secondary because Diggs was kind of that as well. He wasn't always perfect in coverage, but he always was there around the ball.
Speaker 5: He's been solid though, even even in coverage on plays that he's not returning to the house. And he was good last year too. That they found something. I mean, they are better in every way than this wash.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just they could get ugly but I think it's get very ugly, and.
Speaker 6: I's think it starts with Micah Parsons, who like last week he uh like dry scooped or something before the game, which is like he took a bunch of protein I think it was, and then he's like threw up multiple times. But then go watch that Panthers game. He is destroying them from all over the place. Sam Howell, I mean this point, at this point, we've heard this before, but he's been sacked fifty times, no other player more than forty.
Speaker 4: He's been hit ninety two times.
Speaker 6: I feel like Micah Parsons is like set up to absolutely create utter havoc.
Speaker 5: Ron Blane is your number one PFF ranked coverage? Wow in your back. I mean Diggs was not ranking like that the last and.
Speaker 3: That's not a be all end all.
Speaker 2: But now if if the eye test and the tape test and and of course the production of the pick sixes, how is he not in the defensive Player of the year conversation?
Speaker 3: I know you I haven't heard him.
Speaker 5: Parsons that it is funny because if he was just like drafted in the top ten overall picks last year instead of it the fifth round I have a feeling he would be getting more attention for some reason.
Speaker 3: It feels more fluky.
Speaker 6: Do you think if Dak Prescott goes out and has another one of these games? Because the Cowboys have changed my mind, Dan from like where you're in to go, I'm just I see it because the way they win, they win an all in every in every way, and some of their biggest wins haven't really been because their offense. But if Dak goes out in mince meets like the Washington defense like is he our MVP front runner?
Speaker 3: No, but it hurts. I don't think there is. I think there are the two leaders in Vegas right now.
Speaker 5: I don't think it me I think seven weeks left, it hasn't started.
Speaker 3: Like none of all happened that.
Speaker 2: I hate, sure though, but it matters whoever wants to talk about it.
Speaker 5: No, No, But what I mean is like nothing that's happened to this point I think is going to impact who wins the MVP. There's about fifteen guys that could whoever, and I think Dak has got to go there.
Speaker 3: So I think Dak, I mean Dak in Apparel Universe.
Speaker 6: He's got twelve interceptions and he's melting down, one's going crazy.
Speaker 3: He's having a great season.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because that guy's a chance. He'd be a good story too.
Speaker 3: He is, he checks a lot of the boxes.
Speaker 2: I it's funny because I still I know the Cowboys are going to be there in January, but Dak lighting up the Commanders at home and Thanksgiving. I need to see him really in a big spot in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Well gains a big time game, nothing matter.
Speaker 2: So I always kind of doubt them because I have questions about him, like personally in that type of environment.
Speaker 3: But you know what, as I say all the time, I'm gonna be able to watch it. Let's catastrophe strikes chinx anybody.
Speaker 2: Let's move to the final game, the Thanksgiving Night game. See if you're following along in this, if you're tracking the league, they it's incremental.
Speaker 3: But the NFL babbles things up.
Speaker 2: And about what was about ten twelve years ago, that's when the Thanksgiving Night came as a game.
Speaker 3: And now we got Friday as well, Easter Sunday kick off. Maybe don't doubt it.
Speaker 2: Let's see we have the forty nine ers traveling to Seattle to face the Seahawks. The Seahawks have some injury issues here. Gino Smith with the elbow. I think he's tracking towards playing, but he's banged up. DK Metcalf also banged up. And if you look at Seattle, Greg gets a. It's a big game for them because, yes, the Niners. It would be no shame if they weren't able to beat the Niners at home. The Niners are arguably the best team in football, if not a top three team in football.
Speaker 3: However, you look.
Speaker 2: At the next three weeks after this at Dallas, at San Francisco, VERSUS Philadelphia, they could go into a skid that could ruin their season. So this almost is like, in this environment, if you get this win, you could probably survive the rocky terrain ahead and play down the stretch or the real chance the playoffs, or this thing could start spinning out of control after a bad loss.
Speaker 3: To the Rams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was probably about a month ago that I said, Wow, I think this team has a higher ceiling than I expected this season, And since then they've looked incredibly mediocre. Their offense is definitely a little worse than it was a year ago. It's not bad, but it's not a difference maker. It's not consistent, and their defense has taken a huge step back. And I just kind of think when you're playing a team like the forty nine, you're gonna have some things that they can pick on. You know, are you physical enough to hold up to them? They certainly weren't. This was a terrible matchup. They were really embarrassed against the forty nine ers three times last year. But it's like, what is it that you do really well that can make up for that? And I don't see anything with the Seahawks. They actually don't really have any part of their team that's special. There's no Kenneth Walker in this game. It'll be Zach Sharbonny. I don't think that's a huge deal. But I worry about them holding up to the physicality of the forty nine ers defensive front.
Speaker 3: Especially.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I get real tired of like historical matchup data, but I don't. I don't think it's unreliable. Unreliable to look at last year and these teams are very similar.
Speaker 3: It's coach totally, no, it's very similar.
Speaker 6: And like I like, I go back to that Thursday Night game where I thought the Gino Smith and he had a great season, but it started to tail off a little bit in the final, you know, third or fourth and San Francisco, Like, the Niners expose Seattle in a lot of ways in that game. And if you go look at their weapons Christian McCaffrey at running back, Deebo Samuel George Kittle like at the running back, wide receiver, and tight end position. No other three players have had more success historically against Seattle than those three players. They match up really well against Seattle's defense. Right now, we're getting a version of where we've woken up from the dream of that brock Perty is gonna come back down to be some sort of second tier mezzening level quarterback. He's been absolutely awesome for two weeks in a row. I don't care that this game is in Seattle. That doesn't seem to me the same way it used to. I think the Niners own this team, and I don't think Gino Smith is healthy even if he plays.
Speaker 2: I got some data points on Party who leads the NFL. He has nearly ten yards in attempt his passer rating, which I know is not everything, but when you're in the he's at one point fifteen that tells you a lot. I mean, how efficient he is. He's on pace for over forty five hundred yards passing. He's completing seventy percent of his passes. As you said, he's really he came out of that slump, and it was a legitimate slump.
Speaker 3: But the last last couple of weeks he's.
Speaker 4: Wasn't like he was terrible during those in that slump either.
Speaker 2: Right, But the last two weeks he's completed seventy eight percent of his passes, six touchdowns, no interceptions, with a perfect passer rating. He is a guy that won't be perfect always, but when he starts cooking in this offense is rolling and if the defense is vulnerable, they're going to score points. And then it's like Greg, can Seattle keep up if this turns into a shootout, And the way they are right now, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Right can they take advantage of the only weakness in San Francisco, which I think is their cornerbacks? But I don't know if they can hold up long enough. If you just looked at the numbers without any context, rock Perty is your MVP.
Speaker 6: Right, Why can't we Why can't anyone accept that just because of the system.
Speaker 5: I think if I think the leader in EPA per play for quarterbacks has one MVP something like six out of or like seven years in a row. Six years in a row like that usually is that it kind of tells you who's playing the best. And he's he's so far ahead in that number that there's almost no chance he's not gonna have that lead.
Speaker 6: But why do we act like he's Holly Hobby just because he's in a Kyle Shanahan offense.
Speaker 2: Like he It's unfair. I think it's unfair. Well, I think the guys, like the guys that are he's competing against for this award, like Lamar, like Jalen Hurts like Mahomes if that offense ever wakes up. I think they're better players. I think everyone kind of knows that they're better players. And I think that's what hurts pretty because people do say he's a good player in an incredible scheme with an amazing talent around him, and it's like, yeah, there's no way escaping that unless he pulls up the enemy and says, I'm gonna go go do it somewhere else on my own. So maybe that she has to deal with the Shanahan tacks and there are worse fates in the world. To be honest, Mark, but I see what you're saying. If he leads the league in like virtually every passing category, see, and the team goes thirteen and.
Speaker 6: Four to the eye like he's Josh allenis is like a physical specimen Lamar's fatality.
Speaker 5: And also they carry their offense in a way that he doesn't a because he doesn't run, and because he doesn't throw the ball much. I mean, those guys have thrown the ball one hundred and forty more times than him, so they they I think that matters.
Speaker 3: Volume does matter a little bit. I feel your frustration.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I I could argue against myself too. It's just that it's like he's not even he won't even get votes. Let's won't even get well.
Speaker 2: See, can you check the Vegas odds right now for MVP, see where perty is, because he absolutely should be in the top three, and if.
Speaker 3: He's not, there is a lot of bias going on it.
Speaker 6: By the way, how about Seattle go take care of business against the Rams before this insane Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, classic classic game. I don't buy them, classic trap game.
Speaker 5: I think Chase Young has really changed their defense the way they were using him in both to kind of like in the A gaps as like linebackers or something.
Speaker 3: It was kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: Eric Armstead had his most pressures of any game in his career last week on top of that, and I think that's partly because opposing offensive lines have so much to deal with in the Seattle offensive line is terrible.
Speaker 3: It's been terrible. Hey, guys, real quick before we move on.
Speaker 8: I'm seeing on DraftKings right now brought pretty plus fifteen hundred for MV people.
Speaker 3: Well, what notice.
Speaker 8: That would be behind Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes Tua.
Speaker 3: So that would be fifth Holmes. Well that's pretty high though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Holmes is going to get the opposite tacks because no matter what, DA you got Dak Prescott right behind him at plus fifteen hundred, C J. Stroud plus eighteen and CMC fifth plus twenty two.
Speaker 3: Totally out of the mix. So okay, he might be creeping up.
Speaker 4: It says something that is running back is the first non quarterback on that list.
Speaker 5: That would I if I had a vote today, I'm putting tyreek Kill number one. It is crazy that Tyreek Kill's not in the top ten there.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: He's on pace for two thousand yards that big season. To me, he's been the most excellent player this season. It's crazy, all right.
Speaker 3: So those are the Thanksgiving games.
Speaker 2: Now, for the first time ever, as I said, we have a Black Friday game. It is the Jets and the Dolphins at the Metal Lands and it is a new quarterback for the Jets.
Speaker 3: Tim Boyle will be starting.
Speaker 2: Zach Wilson demoted all the way to emergency backup quarterback, so with Trevor Simmons the number two. So that is the sad state of affairs around the Jets and now becomes greg. This game and the idea of this game being enjoyable to watch comes down to a couple of things.
Speaker 3: One anybody other than Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: So at least you get another quarterback who maybe has a more professional ability to move an offense, and maybe.
Speaker 3: The Jets could score a couple touchdowns.
Speaker 2: But ken the Jets defense, which finally led up and got beat up by Buffalo last week, are they going to be able to cook up some things to slow down to it in the Dolphins offense, which as we know has happened in multiple points this season against good defenses.
Speaker 3: Right, really, for the last month, when was the last great to a game? All right, let's look at it.
Speaker 5: I mean the Eagles game. I think he played very well. It didn't show up statistically, but it would be the week before that. We've gone basically a month without a dominant Dolphins offensive performance by basically any metric you looked at. Offensively, they've been average for a month now. Their defense is getting much better, but you just see little cracks. They're terrible in short yard they can't buy a yard when it's third and one, fourth and one.
Speaker 3: They never just like run the ball normally.
Speaker 5: Their offensive line, which started out pretty in sync, you see some leaks there. And this is a very tough matchup against the Jets. So while this game is not as nearly excited as I would have expected go into the season, the Dolphins are still a very compelling team at seven and three, trying to win this division, and when they have the ball that this is an outstanding test for them. If they're who we think they are, they should be able to put some points up eventually and pull away in this game.
Speaker 6: Last week against the Raiders. They kept getting in their own way. They had three giveaways, like Tua finally looked human on a number of passes. They had a yet again, a turnover you know inside the five yard line.
Speaker 3: I mean that kind of stuff, but little snappy. It was sloppy.
Speaker 6: But then it's like over and over like Tyreek Hill kept digging them out. And I'm with you on the MVP thing, but it's like no one could stop what he was doing. And it's like, you're gonna get a couple of those, and I think we're at the point, and I think what happened. One of the reasons you got this quarterback change in New York, I mean it should have happened a long time ago, was that the defense can't do it alone. And I think a change for the sake of change was needed. And Tim Boyle new face. But like Tim Boyle, if you look at it in college, and you don't get a lot of pro quarterbacks where this has happened in college, twelve touchdowns and twenty six interceptions, that is not That is not where an NFL quarterback comes from from a collegiate level.
Speaker 3: And Thanksgiving a couple of years ago didn't well he was.
Speaker 6: He's played for Detroit a number of times, and you know, so I just I wonder what I Honestly, I was thinking, like what if I were the Jets, what would I do?
Speaker 3: Like what do you do differently?
Speaker 6: And like I would literally think about just morphine out of nowhere on Black Friday into like a surprise wildcat type game where Breis Hall touches the ball, like yeah, but they don't have an offensive line, so I change all sorts of things. I'm just saying, do something that expected.
Speaker 3: Also, there are a lot of things going on here.
Speaker 2: Tim Boyle is good buddies with Aaron Rodgers, like this is everything has kind of.
Speaker 3: Gone like the worst way.
Speaker 2: Well, they sign up for this, so this is they got in bed with Rogers and and they get all the bad stuff and none of the good stuff because he's not playing.
Speaker 3: So now you have boil in the building.
Speaker 2: Probably because the Rodgers, you have Hacketts still the offense, and almost any other offensive coordinator at the very least would have lost his play calling duties by now, and many would be fired. And we're gonna get to Matt Canada who lost his job, but he's still there.
Speaker 3: So they are complete.
Speaker 2: Nathaniel Hackett, Thanks, it's nice to see you out here. We are a long way from Hard Knocks when he was this cute figure. And you know he's gonna be there next year as well because he is Aaron Rodgers's boy, so you have they are kind of caught in this like tornado of Rogers, and they, like you said, signed up for it. So I guess my only thought with that is maybe Boyle is a professional to the point where he could see the field and pull the trigger and just make basic plays that Wilson just couldn't even make.
Speaker 3: It as though he's like he's sort of the opposite of that.
Speaker 5: He's like a big arm guy who's gonna like make some crazy thrill you know, mistakes.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's just an I don't think anybody has high optimism around this stark boil, but it's not Zach Wilson. All it needs to be right and that's right now, You're right, that's all it needs to be. And if you're the Dolphins and your Dolphins fans like Handsome Hank and everyone else, you could essentially end the Jets season here because I thought going into this one two punch of for the Jets Buffalo Miami. Coming off those two losses, ugly losses against the Chargers and Raiders, the Jets had to win one of them, and so I didn't think they had a swing. They had at least win one and then stop the bleeding. They get killed by Buffalo. If the Jets get smoked again here, not only I think for all intensive purposes, is it over the Aaron Rodgers coming back on Christmas Eve. I think they need to pump the brakes on that and whether Aaron Rodgers wants to come back or not, and and slow things down. But maybe we get an inspired defensive effort and boil you know, hits a slanted Garrett Wilson that goes for seventy and they hang around in this game.
Speaker 4: That's a different Dolphins defense with Jalen Ramsey though.
Speaker 3: Yeah it really him and Jalen Phillips. They have too.
Speaker 5: He's been very good premiere players and they're they're getting better. But this is a Dolphins team that look at home. Uh, we're trying to stop Aidan O'Connell two different times from scoring a game tight in touchdown late in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: So it's they're not above maybe.
Speaker 6: Differing that was, but they also picked them off three time, like they also coaxed.
Speaker 5: They happened, and they were the better team in the game. But you know they both both Ramsey picks insane, we're incredible play.
Speaker 3: So he's turned back the clock.
Speaker 2: He's I was wondering whether he would be the same player he was with the Rams, which wasn't top form Ramsey last year.
Speaker 5: But he looks like a revitalized and healthy He's a weird career. He either is like the best cornerback in the league or not that close, but he's been the best cornerback like four times.
Speaker 2: All right, let's now move to the primetime games, starting with Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 3: The Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: They could have well, they didn't do it alone because the injury to quarterback plays a big role, but they might have ended the Bengals season last Thursday night.
Speaker 3: And you know, I have a bone to pick. I didn't bring it up on the Thursday recap.
Speaker 2: I am filing a formal protest in the lock Challenge to get all the data removed from the season because I would have never locked the Bengals on the road against the Ravens if I knew the quarterback Joe Burrow had a busted wrist, they hid that from me as well, Greg, and that I would have never eradicate the entire Yeah, the whole thing needs this way a bomb dropped on it. Listen to the preview when I locked up the Bengals, I basically said, this is a bad pick, but I believe in Joe Burrow, and it's me and Joe against the world, and they were hiding a crippling wrist injury.
Speaker 3: How dare you.
Speaker 5: The Bengals single handedly took you down because I remember you went against You went against them when they played the Niners, and then you said you're going to pick them every week.
Speaker 2: They they ended my season as well. I lost three weeks. I could vote to have you have a chance. This was to have two locks. This week they're showing up. They're showing the standings here. I didn't one the Wesleyan Brose eight and three and hands and Sessler five and if you added that's rough. But we're going to eradicate this. So yeah, this means nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm fine with that. I've been trying to do that for years, and you know what, the well, this season or we could just start from scratch. From scratch, season doesn't start till after thanks.
Speaker 3: I don't support that.
Speaker 2: I think the zoo keeper Nick Westling, by the way, he's eight and three, and he was, you know, he was starting to feel out what he was like the character he's building for the show. And by the way, Chris watching down wherever, he is having a ball watching Nick, enjoying himself and feeling himself on the show.
Speaker 3: But remember he.
Speaker 2: Was leaning a little too hard if you look at some of those early picks, like Showman type picks that were really overly risky.
Speaker 3: Jets I believe Jetsick was in the mix. He got the jets against the giants. That was the lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there was another, but there was I think in the beginning of the season, I wonder if he could do it over again, he would have rained in the Showman and maybe he'd be with Greg at ten and well, but they haven't lost in weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't think he can't help it. It's a two horse race. It's about me there. He is the great Chris Westling. You know, I was thinking.
Speaker 2: That Chris and Lakeisha lived a town away from where I am now, like going on double dates with Chris and Lakisha and maybe we'd all be together on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: That well, there were a number of times that West and I came over after that first Seattle San Francisco game, we came over to your place.
Speaker 5: You even had macaroni only come I've ever eaten mac and chee. It was Texas style.
Speaker 2: It had a little bit of a different consistency that I think you open a base or whatever.
Speaker 3: But yes, Chris was with us right now. You know, he pops up in your mind.
Speaker 5: I think that in the holidays when my family leaves me, they were my adopted family during the holidays, spend.
Speaker 2: Christmas, always open arms in the Westlings with Lakeisha. Happy Thanksgiving to Lakisha and Link and everyone back in Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, Here we go, here we go. Where were you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the Cincinnati Bengals screwed me, and that's the past. Now the Ravens at eight and three with a real chance here at the number one seed, and the AFC get a Chargers team. I don't know, Mark, they stink. That's all that's my data points on this one. They keep getting primetime game, but we wanted to make the Chargers a thing this year. The league wanted to make them a thing, and they're just never going to be a thing, at least not with Brandon Staley. No, we're maybe with Bill Belichick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it'll start all over again, sure in the off season, but we're post Chargers at this point.
Speaker 4: We talked about it a lot on Sunday night.
Speaker 6: How you know, the Brandon Staley press conference for me marked like a bookend where he just became.
Speaker 3: So the beginning of the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's like, you know that that stuff matters. You gotta wonder what's happening with the locker room because I see its like it is sort of two lightning rod quarterbacks that have their little flocks, And like Lamar Jackson experience is that he's in a team that's very well coached and Brandon Staley is coaching the other quarterback, Justin Herbert, who has like lost more one score games over the past couple of seasons than any quarterback in the league. And it's not his fault. The defense that should be Staley's staple has allowed three hundred yards passing in half of their ten games. So this is a big opportunity for Baltimore to come into the on the road, into an un problematic stadium. It's gonna be a Ravens crowd probably like every other week, but you don't have Mark Andrews, and I that's Mark Andrews has accounted for twenty percent of their yardage through the air and half of Lamar Jackson's touchdowns, and I think that's a big loss.
Speaker 3: He's the core of that offense.
Speaker 6: It's like a lot of pressure on Odell Beckham, who's arrow up last couple of weeks. But I don't know if I don't know if if like without without Mark Andrews, you're not the same offense.
Speaker 5: It's funny because even before Andrews got hurt, my number one concern I thought, the one thing that's gonna decide whether the Ravens can maybe go win this super Bowl or not is can the wide receivers and Lamar be consistent and explosive enough on a week to week basis to go win a shit Because I think they have the opportunity. I think they've shown flashes, hasn't been consistent. This matchup is great for that, Matt, you know, for that happening because there's always blown coverages. You look last week, the defenders are talking right before the Packers hit some big plays down the field. They're not clear on assignments. Everything is just counting on Herbert to play his best. I think he's played easily his best two games of the season in a row the last two weeks, and they lost. They lost them both. I mean easily is best too. And I saw a stat It was from our June Manan not familiar with him before. He has some good stats, he pointed out since week two, if you just have the Charger's success rate on running plays since then, it would be the worst rushing team in the last decade. That's how bad they are on a down to down basis running. So they have so many different things going wrong from them. I couldn't believe it. We'll see that uh Eckler run I was talking about. Yes, yeah, that was put the piano on the back.
Speaker 3: That was not great.
Speaker 4: That was Kellen Moore was brought into change all.
Speaker 5: Then, so they they like you worry about Brandonsdale a little bit in a primetime game.
Speaker 3: Primetime games are kind of when changes sometimes happened.
Speaker 5: And I looked at the number at this game, and it's three and a half, and I'm thinking that's crazy for it to be three and a half. And you know how they have those little sides on the on the Sofi stadium.
Speaker 3: It's not totally a closed air environment.
Speaker 5: Yes, and at night sometimes you coming in sideways.
Speaker 3: Why for the holiday season, we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna be helping out all the boys and girls in the land.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be raining in.
Speaker 5: Las Vegas, Los Angeles Sunnday night.
Speaker 3: And we're locking it up too, We're doubling it up. We're double double the pleasure. This is all right, little.
Speaker 5: Gravy, you mix everything together, the collar greens, the mashed potatoes.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta watch this on whatever best channel or YouTube just to see the rain maker video component here. It's so timid.
Speaker 6: It's not Craig at his most handsombod, because he's a handsome person in general.
Speaker 3: Why did so Erica created this?
Speaker 2: You're saying, and it was after a fight that you guys had a very volcanic relationship to you, Is that a vengeance? You're wearing your glasses, so you must add like some type of maybe.
Speaker 5: A stigma or you know, I like guy glasses. But I definitely why this was. This was a path not taken at you.
Speaker 4: Look like Greg, Well, that's or I guess for you a bar mitzvah.
Speaker 5: No, this is I'm the state farm agent and I'm gonna get you a good, good price on that home Homonado.
Speaker 3: Very nice, very nice. I like it, is this your lock of the week or I'm locking it up to I'm locking it up? Oh, it's a double up, doubble Max missmashing. What could go right?
Speaker 2: You've really you've went from picking the Chargers to win the Super Bowl to just going way on the other side of them. But I can't question anything, Greg, because you've had the golden touch this year with really everything. But I also I have to say I think it needs to be said this close to the holidays.
Speaker 3: To pull the rain maker. You know, there's gonna be a lot of people out there.
Speaker 2: They're going to go all in those because they have because Santi class has to come to town, you know what I mean? Yep uh, And you understand there's a great responsibility that you have here to make sure this one's right.
Speaker 5: I do, but look, I'm I don't tell what our listeners what to do all. I'm saying, if you had just been following our locks every week for eleven straight weeks and doing the money line, you'd be doing pretty well.
Speaker 3: Be doing it. We're in a show.
Speaker 6: We're recovering sixteen games, which is so we're going to have I would say four to five more sell promotional dialogues from.
Speaker 2: Greg Monday Night Football. Let's move on, And I'm with you. I think the Ravens and the Chargers are two franchises going in opposite directions. So but I would never put someone else's money and Christmas Morning on the line, profession. That's some people have different viewpoints on society and what they give to it.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 3: Right, here we go the Bears. What do we got? What are the Bears doing here? What have we got? Bears in print time? Again? Why are we doing this? Nobody wants us? I don't know.
Speaker 4: We've had this conversation one year after year.
Speaker 3: No, the Bears are the last place in the North.
Speaker 2: Justin Field's playing, of course, for a future in Chicago, and they get the Vikings, the team of around the NFL that had a gut punch loss on Sunday Night Football. As we all know, twenty one twenty to the Broncos. But here here is a very nice get right spot both teams. That's their last game before they go into a bye week. I I absolutely believe that the Vikings would will take care of business in in.
Speaker 3: Easy, easy manner against.
Speaker 2: The Bears and by feeling good because they are the team around the NFL, and I think Josh Jobbs is gonna really have a big day, and when they get back from the bye, they'll be comfortably in the playoff picture with Justin Jefferson hopefully back.
Speaker 3: On the field.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, and I'm I agree with you so much that with this music as the background, I am locking this team.
Speaker 3: Up instead of like, are they in the are they in the zone? Sure? Yeah, I'm sure I didn't look three and a half.
Speaker 2: The Bears are getting Oh I'm with you, buddy, Let's do it, lockbros.
Speaker 3: All right, we're in last.
Speaker 5: Does not make great as a fan of the team around the NFL, but let's go, come on, let's go. Why, Greg, I guess you could look just because of your records, but also actually the Bears are played.
Speaker 3: Well, Whe're zero zero? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because I just got breaking news, breaking news, just heard from Paul Giamatti, son of Bartlett Giamatti, commissioner of the Lock Committee.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they are.
Speaker 2: They are wiping clean because of the Joe Burrow injury, a failure for an injury designation in the week eleven Thursday night affair against the Raves.
Speaker 3: Wiping all standing, so five losses. Talk to Paul Giamatti.
Speaker 4: It'll drop a food coloring in a glass of water there.
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: I'm a little worried about this game for the Vikings though, just because Beild's played awesome last week. I thought he was the best, you know, one of the best players on the field, one of his best games. It's coming off two really good performances before he got hurt.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 5: Their defense has been better slash respectable. I get why it's three and a half. Like I've I'm taking the Vikings certainly in this game, but the Bears are trend in a little up. There's no justin Jefferson, like every game is in advance that horn again, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm with you writing in the sense that like you can look at how the game started up until you know the collapse against Detroit and say, have the Bears turned the corner.
Speaker 3: A little bit? They were dominating that game, that's what. But then you also collapsed, But like that was that defensively? Yeah?
Speaker 6: But I like to see the ceiling versus where they were two months ago.
Speaker 3: Why are we getting this this audio? By the way, what do you mean the.
Speaker 2: Team around the unabl This is like the thing they played, Oh Mark, come on, you don't know they blow the horn.
Speaker 4: The whole I like, I'd like to just play at the whole show that part.
Speaker 3: I know you know this one, Yes, I do. I've heard that roughly seven thousand times. All Right, anything else on this game. Got to keep that running game going.
Speaker 5: I like that they got Madison for the first time in forever last week.
Speaker 3: All right, there we go.
Speaker 2: So that is the Thanksgiving games, Black Friday, prime time. We'll take a break and when we come back, we'll do the draft. All right, welcome back. It is time for the draft. Everybody get ready. It's time for the first overall pick, presented by DraftKings.
Speaker 3: Sess Dog. He's the sess Dog. Do we have, By the way, do we have the cess dog song? How about that cess Dog song? To get the draft going. Wasn't aware of that. I didn't know. Oh the sess dog. Guess what, buddy, we got something for you. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're all back together in the studio for the first time.
Speaker 4: Well, let me hear it before I comment on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Muck says the love. Everybody. Just listen up, Tom for you to hear my stuff. Everybody can't get enough. And Muck says the love everybody. Just listen up, Tom for you to hear my stuff. Everybody can't get enough.
Speaker 3: Foot gold side foot, gold side up.
Speaker 7: What do you think about it's catchy?
Speaker 4: I could I could imagine playing in a loop in my car where I.
Speaker 5: Think it captures the spirit of marsh very right, said Freddish.
Speaker 2: Definitely, you're inside Mark's brain on like a Saturday.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm telling myself over and over.
Speaker 3: I repeat that, Wane. I know who did it, Hobart, Curtis.
Speaker 2: Only a man named Hobart or Hobart could have something that genius inside his own mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I could be a pen name or a artistic cover. But I like it. Thank you Hobart.
Speaker 3: All right, you have the first pack.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna take Cleveland at Denver. I know last week I didn't go there in that direction. I got a lot of hubb up. And it's like, I like, I want to make one thing real clear, real fast. Like I'm getting all these tweets like, oh, are you like a Browns fan against Like I don't like anything they've done over the last year in terms of one specific subject, Like I can care about some of the other players, and I kind of think this team is a little bit interesting to me because they had they were a rotting corpse on defense for so long, and this is a weird team and you're saying yes, by the way, for It's just like no, It's like I haven't really It's like I'm not dancing around. It's like I just I don't. I'm getting people saying like, oh, you like backed off and this, like but if you just say, well, it's gonna, I just I just said it basically, I'm watching this defense gonna Actually.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 6: And I'm not like like I think a couple of years from now, I could come back and be a full fledged Browns fan.
Speaker 4: That is what I would say.
Speaker 6: And it's like it's the insinuations left and right are me are like foggy and stupid. So it's like, please leave it alone.
Speaker 3: So in a couple of years you'll be a Browns fan again.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'm not right now in the way that I was before, and that never will be the same case.
Speaker 4: I don't how to describe it, just will never be the same.
Speaker 3: All right, with your first overall picks, the Browns go ahead. I am taking this game. I think this is you know, for two reasons.
Speaker 6: Then Weeks go ahead, Mark no, for two reasons because I think this team is kind of fascinating to watch, Like their defense is historically insane, and they have created If they had a more competent offense, like I think they'd be fairly unstoppable as an overall team. Because they've forced three and outs at a higher rate than any club this entire century.
Speaker 3: That's not easy to do, it's it's over fifty percent.
Speaker 6: Because of this, the Browns offense has run one hundred and eighty two more plays than their opponents, which is more than double than the next team.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Like they are shutting down drives and their offense is being given the ball back at a quicker, faster, more dangerous pace. But Cleveland's offense is twenty ninth and EPA per game, twenty third in points per drive, and thirtieth in yards per play. We know they're working around injuries, but it's like the one thing I find interesting is that there isn't this is the opposite of a fractured team. Like that would be the like they're winning, so that changes some of it, but this would be the medicine or the setup for like the defense to be revolting instead, like everything they've said, everything they've done as an overall group has been the opposite of that.
Speaker 3: I think that's to the credit of Kevin Stefanski, who.
Speaker 2: All, as you win, as long as you win it, you won't have players only meeting right, you won't have rumbling from wide receivers.
Speaker 5: Also won the game thirty nine to thirty eight and thirty three to thirty one, so they the defense knows that in some big spots their offense has actually bailed them out.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was with That's true, there were different players involved.
Speaker 3: At that point.
Speaker 6: But I would just say, like, this is not This Denver team is completely different than the team that we focused on early.
Speaker 3: They're like fifth in defense overall.
Speaker 6: Right now in over the last five weeks like they've been we saw them on Monday night or on Sunday night look much more competent on offense too.
Speaker 4: And that's been the case with Russell Wilson for a while.
Speaker 6: And I will say, when you go into out the altitude thing, I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: I went with a f with a couple of families went.
Speaker 6: On a ski trip to Colorado back when I was like in sixth grade, and like, you fly into Denver and you think, like this is gonna be fine, We're gonna go skiing, and like me and this girl from another family like had to stay home the first day and watch like, you know, I love Lucy all morning because we could we were like throwing up left and right with altitude sickness.
Speaker 4: So I always factor that in.
Speaker 2: Okay time in Denver historically toughy atmosphere. I I think mark that and you look at like their schedule the rest of the way, I pretty much see all games that are going to come down to about a field goal. I think that's just who the the way the offense is built. And you got to give Thompson Robinson some credit because he made throws that you know, kind of got to make to be playing at this level. But on that last drive he hit, he hit on three completions that got him in field goal range and then they get the kick and away we go. I think you're gonna be white knuckling it throughout the season here. But they have something special. Every team needs something special if you want to play in January football that counts like and they have this defense. So as long as the offense doesn't blow their season, and I don't think they will because I think they're gonna. I think Stefanski is gonna play this right where He's not gonna He's gonna play a conservative game. So I think thirteen to ten type games are gonna happen a lot, and I think it's gonna happen here against Denver as well.
Speaker 5: Right, they look they're kind of in a similar spot as the Jets, except they have a better defense ultimately as schedules helped, but a better defense and a better play caller I think is important, a better overall offensive system. That the Broncos are two and a half point favorites in this game. The over unders thirty five, but that is so so low, But I totally get it. I like the Browns in this game. I took the Browns last week. I hope Cess Spice, you know, finally gets on board with the Browns in Sesspice.
Speaker 6: Spice doesn't know this, but Cess made an alteration to the Sesspice picks and the brown Wow.
Speaker 2: It's like a It's almost like a head coach making a change of play caller because it is a certain point.
Speaker 3: It's your responsibility.
Speaker 2: It is not Spice, sess It's says Spice, to control the enterprise and do what's right for the entire next week.
Speaker 6: I made because I think I'm I'm working with a savant, right, I really do.
Speaker 3: I think this is a reckoning.
Speaker 5: Though for Russell Wilson, I'm a little tired of like the old Russ is back and oh you hate it. Well, first of all, he's nowhere near the old Russ. It's not what we're saying.
Speaker 3: They're treating him like he's saying that he's a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 5: Second, thank your straw man with you. It's it's not a straw man. There's a lot of like they're doing a great job. At some point they have to advance from where they are by far the fewest air yards in the league per throw Russell Wilson. So they're treating him like he's Dorian Thompson Robinson. His career, he's never been under eight point two. He's at six point eight right now.
Speaker 2: They're playing really well and he's a lot of like big throws for them. And sure you know that he's not gonna because the defense has given them twelve extra possessions.
Speaker 3: The last the idea was entering the season that he was cooked. He's most of us. He would have been benched by now.
Speaker 5: I think this if he can be effective against the Browns, and I don't mean like light him up, but not be a reason that they lose.
Speaker 3: That that would say a lot. I have my dat he's not dangerous anymore. No, but he's he's not. You know, he's still there in trench starter and.
Speaker 5: No, he reminds me so much of tempers are good under Sean Payon, that's exactly.
Speaker 3: You love Teddy Bridgewater, right, you love him more than you love your children, And here you are berrying russ Still, what is it? What is pretty good counter?
Speaker 5: I'm not burying him. It's a good counter. Like just like the let's come down, all right.
Speaker 3: I hear, and I know generally what you mean.
Speaker 6: Find me the people that are hyped up though, I mean, I think people are just saying he's not last right.
Speaker 5: I guess I would just push back on you saying like they're so they're different defensively than they were the first five weeks. They've been the same offensive team, basically.
Speaker 6: I said, I said defense last five weeks they've got like forty two turnovers.
Speaker 3: That was the game of the week.
Speaker 1: Prison and by Draft King sports Book, new customers can bet just five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly download the Draft King sports Book and use code ATN that's code ETN only at Draft King sports Book. Draft King sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 5: Great, Let's do Bill's Eagles. That's the Tony Romo Jim Nance game. Nice game?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you take this one more? Because I know what happens.
Speaker 6: Everyone is going to be watching this, So it's like, I don't like that dynamic where I pick a game that seventeen people are talking about the same time.
Speaker 5: WHOA, that's an interesting interesting Why does that you already knew that that.
Speaker 6: Happened when I picked Cowboys Eagles, And it's like, why am I reporting on this game?
Speaker 3: I love it, like this game's mine. I don't want your opinion. By nature.
Speaker 6: By nature, reporters should be be able to offer something that the people he's reporting there doesn't know. And it's like I'm talking to people who isn't that.
Speaker 5: I'd rather that than in the end, we all kind of honk on all the games. So I'd rather have the game where other people are giving more and.
Speaker 4: For I want to see how the altitude affects.
Speaker 2: The kind of open That was an eye opener there, that was It is not an unusual or new comment for me. And once again for the second straight week, you're messing with the sanctity of the draft. You know, I like the first pick, like a big game. We get into it, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: There's nothing I could have done that you would not have found a way to need.
Speaker 3: To take Buffalo Philly one. And then you go back and I'm bored with the Bills. Okay, go ahead, you start then why you're bored? Wow, I am, I'm over it. Not only is he doesn't want to talk about the game and he's taking my game. I'm he's introduced. There you go. I like, I am, I am bored with the Bills. I like, I want to I want you to continue that first of.
Speaker 6: All, Like I just feel the energy around them. It's like I feel like Othery're on every week on national television. It's like an up and down affair. It's like good Josh Allen, bad Josh Allen? Like you fight, you used your play caller as your scapegoat scenario. Who's the next scapegoat?
Speaker 3: Because if they can.
Speaker 2: Take wait, wait a second, they had a really nice showing. They won thirty two to six. You know, the Jets are free fire. You didn't need like that.
Speaker 6: Like I thought that move was suspicious and it signaled to me something weird going on.
Speaker 2: We all agree with that that general feeling around Buffalo. But in the here and now, they had had an eighty run eighty yard played a shakiir and a beautiful throw by Awn.
Speaker 3: They played mistake free football for the most part.
Speaker 2: They were everything that I think with Sean mcdermotd was hoping would come out of that firing, which was the offense looking good, the team playing cohesively.
Speaker 5: He beat a broken down Jets team that's all passed like they got an Eagles matchup. They got everything in front of them. They're six and five. I think this can still be a playoff team. I think this Eagles team has not been as good as their record, and I am curious just this is a spot here for the Bills to change their season and and I think I think they can do it. I am curious what they'll do on offense a little bit. You know, has emerged as their second best wide receiver in my mind, Kincaid has emerged as a big time player that they started getting back into the two tight ends last week with Quinton Morris on the field, and they've been running well, like this is a chance for a team that's been consistently at the top of the game to basically erase everything that's happened before you go win this game. They know how big a game is. You did sense a different back against the wall type of energy with them, with with Digs on the sideline and given all this leadership talk and him and Alan are like loving each other. I know it's easier when it was win, but even early in that game, I just sense this is a team that knows this is a big type of big time of season. They've been in some big time games, and I kind of think they're gonna win this game.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know if that's I mean, I think it's a coin flip, but I kind of lie them in. I feel like they are.
Speaker 2: A very tough team to figure out what happens next in their season, because it is there is plenty of talent there, and they have a special quarterback who's been mistake prone. But maybe it come to Jesus moment with how things played out the last couple of weeks, and yes, this is such a huge inflection point moment in their season at Philly against an Eagles team that is, yes, has one loss to the Jets. Weirdly, but week after week I watch them and I say, it's not like this team can't get picked off, and they're very good at home and I very nearly lock them actually today, But even as I was thinking to myself, I was like, I don't know, man, do I really think that Philly, in this kind of in their rocking chair right now at nine to one, is a team that is safe against the Buffalo team that's kind of got to have it with after their bye they are at.
Speaker 3: Kansas City v. Dallas.
Speaker 2: They they kind of this is in a lot of ways, and you know McDermott and behind the scenes, the way they're talking about like this is our season right here, it's our chance to make a big statement. So I feel pretty good about the Bills too, and I it's a coin flip to me, but it would not surprise me.
Speaker 6: I think the Eagles, unlike Buffalo, can win so many different ways, and they're in they're in Philadelphia. I feel like we're not really giving the ether here.
Speaker 3: Either's the the lines makers here three and a half point.
Speaker 4: I could care less what they're doing.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 6: I'm saying like this is like the Eagles are there, them and the Niners. There is no I would never put Buffalo in the Eagles category.
Speaker 3: Really is an excellent home team, there's no.
Speaker 6: I mean, they find so many different ways to win. In the way they did it against Kansas City, It's just like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Defensively, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I I think the Bills will have a hard time stopping Daleen Hurts and in this running game, the way they look last you know, they didn't do great for most of that game against Kansas City, but just personnel ways, I mean Jason Kelcey, that was like that was like a Hall of Fame resume type of game for Jason Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Was all it's the year of Jason Kelsey. Did you see that? Do you see that one clear out block where he spread it down to the field. People like, he makes center. Look, it makes it fun to play center. So I think they can mow down the Bills.
Speaker 5: But I just gotta feel and team seasons change so many times, and I just think these two teams, I don't feel that that much differently than I did come into the season where they both have a chance still.
Speaker 3: To do a lot.
Speaker 2: I got, predictably, some pushback from certain corners of Philadelphia or Pennsylvania about my comments about Nick Sirianni, who sometimes just needs a little whack in the head just to be like sh enough.
Speaker 6: You had it down to like a woman's glove. Did she take off and slap it with the glove?
Speaker 3: Let's go stom it.
Speaker 2: And I heard from some Eagles fans, including our buddy Dan Soupy Campbell from the Wonder years, who was not happy with my commentary and then you know and just the way it is, and you could say I'm right or I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of you know that I'm right about this.
Speaker 2: Then I get this video sent my way from right after the Chiefs game of Siriano heading towards the tunnel.
Speaker 3: You don't find too many coaches to in that you know that there is I'm going to posit that there was at least.
Speaker 5: First of all, he's getting a lot of grief from Chiefs fans, I'm sure during the game, but there was probably just one comment in there from some Chiefs fan during the game that's stuck in his craw and it didn't get out of his head, and I like, he's fired.
Speaker 3: I know you love it, Greg Nick Sirianni, Why.
Speaker 5: Do you have to take it? Why do you have to take it from these goons in the crowd?
Speaker 3: You should?
Speaker 2: I mean, by the way, can we can we at least have some general self awareness, Like you won the game because a guy dropped a ball in the end zone. So why don't we just get to the locker room and get on the bus and get out of town.
Speaker 3: Gobby Nick Siriani. Chiefs win a Super Bowl because I'm a holding call. You don't apologize. Let me see, let me see that again. I want to watch that again.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, the head coach. I kind of love it.
Speaker 6: I mean, what's worst you got? Mike Diket's growing that's going to someone's hair.
Speaker 3: Remember that that's from NBC Sports Philly.
Speaker 2: Nick Siriano is your friend who got arrested for a road rage incident. Nick Ciano is the guy who doesn't Sirianni is the guy who doesn't pay his fantasy dues before the deadline because quote, you could take it out of my winnings. Nick Sirianni is the guy who said he's never listened to the Beatles before because they suck. Nick Sirianni, I got some more this one. I asked Zumbalt to write me a few. Oh, this one's fro my buddy, Bob. Nick Sirianni still has a subscription to maxim.
Speaker 3: Let's see, I got a couple more here.
Speaker 2: Nick Sirianni proudly claims Bradley Cooper's character from Silver Lioni's Playbook was crafted after him. Nick Sirianni has never met a mascot. He couldn't punch him the peak face. Nick Sirianni is the friend who hangs out at your house to use your WiFi so he could apply for jobs. That's the guy that's your hero, Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 3: The most accurate one.
Speaker 5: There was the guy who doesn't play his league fees because he could take it out of my winnings.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Nick Sirianni has multiple Instagram photos with friends where they're all.
Speaker 3: Doing I actually can't say that. All right, Let's come on, Bob, I can't work that blue reading in real time.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Zoo, the Zoo.
Speaker 8: You mentioned earlier that you were going to lock up the Eagles, switched off, did a little lock play date with Mark. But somebody weighed in and has their opinion on the Eagles.
Speaker 3: All right, hello heroes.
Speaker 10: Yeah you guessed, and I'm feeling myself after last week taking a four point underdog on the road against.
Speaker 3: They were two and a half.
Speaker 5: He keeps bumping this up inaccurate two and a half.
Speaker 10: You guys have had this narrative that the Zoo doesn't have it together. Guess what we're coming after you?
Speaker 3: Greggy.
Speaker 10: You play your conservative game just like the NFL. You play conservative, you go home. Bottom line is I have to do this video because you didn't take the six and a half point favorite last week. You only took a four point home favorite.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 10: Again, you play your game. We're playing ours. We're coming after that trophy, baby, And this week we're flying high with the Eagles again. I told you all year the Bills aren't making the playoffs. They take another step back this week. Jalen Hurts, AJ Brown and the rest of the gang fly high, lock it up.
Speaker 3: I'd happy be Thanksgiving to all of the Wesley Happy Thanksgiving to Nick. I wish I was there.
Speaker 5: I love he gets fiery on the text, but then he always says very very nice text.
Speaker 3: It's the duality of man.
Speaker 5: But I have to just point out factually he's always lying about these spreads.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, the Ravens are a two and a half Wain favorite.
Speaker 5: Last week Head it's always inflating his team was only a two and a half way. So it's just like, come up with the facts. When when you're gonna throw a number out, just lie. We're clocking you, Nick. I'm clocking Nick Si around.
Speaker 2: His girlfriend wants you to know he's really not like this when it's just the two of them.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we're still behind base. All right, I am up. Here we go.
Speaker 2: You know, it's Thanksgiving. We're having a nice, fun preview show. Everybody's enjoying. Everybody's listening right now with a big smile on their face. Now the people behind the glass.
Speaker 4: Doing the show with us, Yeah, they home three minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Filled with rage.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna try to speed it up now, starting with our next game. I am picking, and I feel like I keep missing every week, Like wherever I'm drafting. When I'm at the top of a draft board, nothing good. When I'm at the bottom of the draft board. That both games get picked, let's see. I am up and I will grab Chiefs at Raiders. Not the best Sunday, Nope, And I find the Chiefs to be a deeply frustrating watch. But I also am kind of fascinated by what Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are gonna do to get out of this mess. It is an eight and a half point spread, and I do kind of owe the Raiders an apology because I thought that the Dolphins were gonna kind of bring them back down to earth.
Speaker 3: And while they didn't win the game, like we.
Speaker 2: Said, they kept it close and had multiple chances down the stretch to even potentially steal that game.
Speaker 3: So credit where credit is due.
Speaker 2: The firing of Josh McDaniels has really sparked this team. Antonio Pierce deserves a lot of credit and the rest of that team. Because those things to go two ways, it could also go the other way, where you stop competing and you get blown out by three touchdowns every week. The Raiders are in it to win it, or at least attempt to win it. So I would say the Chiefs, coming off a wildly frustrating loss to the Eagles, a game that they lost in five different ways, are gonna show up angry. And Travis Kelce coming off one of his worst games ever, is going to go off in this game, and Mahomes is gonna make it happen and make it rain points. But at this point I can't do it anymore. I can't just assume the Chiefs can turn it on. I've seen them do it maybe once this season. It was a first half, I believe against the Cardinals where they were kind of totally just cooking.
Speaker 3: And since then the Bears and they were even shut out.
Speaker 2: I think of the second half of that game or close to it, can that team show up again?
Speaker 3: Maybe, but it's also very possible. This game mark is twenty to fourteen in the fourth quarter, I.
Speaker 6: Could see that, like the Dolphins defense under like sorry, the Raiders defense with Patrick Graham running the show. You want to look at their offense post Josh McDaniels, you know, and it was really good at game A. Not so good against the Dolphins up and down, but their defense I thought gave Miami a lot of problems. If you take Tyreek Hill out of that game, I understand that's not how it works, but like they really caused. They coaxed two into some mistakes. They played with a lot more aggression. I just think that this team needed this change. I see the Raiders through new eyes, and the microcosm with the Chiefs is that they haven't figured out this overall global problem is with their passing game. But inside of like games itself, like they haven't figured it out. In the second half, they've scored one second half touchdown or one fourth quarter touchdown.
Speaker 3: They're in these close games and I'm with you.
Speaker 6: They're on the road here, and it's like, what's so different from a couple of days ago when Donna Kelce, like the most famous mom in America, is watching her son and the Chiefs melt down in a huge moment on Monday Night football.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the difference is, well, if the weather helps you know your indoors, but mostly that you're playing against Aidan O'Connell and that your defense showed.
Speaker 3: Me a lot on Monday night.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk about that enough. How great that deal. Your defense is super Bowl level?
Speaker 5: Right, They didn't give up even despite all those possessions the Chiefs kept giving him. It was under two hundred and fifty yards, and that was to show me something game for the Chiefs defense too. Where Man, it's very much a sign of the twenty twenty three season. You think back to that Super Bowl and these two MVP candidates hurt some mahomes going up and down the field. That's twenty twenty two. Fast forward to twenty twenty three, and it's a defensive slug fest and the Chiefs are a legit, Like there's no more way around. They're a legit top five defense and that against a rookie quarterback who who's not bad but is little robotic going through his reads and everything. It's a lot to handle, and I just think they can wear you down because until that second half and even really the fourth quarter, it's like I was impressed that the Chiefs are moving the ball, they can run the ball, they're tough upfront, They're not explosive, but they I think they can find a way to be a fish and beat you know, relatively under man team.
Speaker 3: I would say the.
Speaker 2: One thing I am confident about is Kelsey and Mahomes getting back on the right page and maybe that leads to a big day and that that carries him because I don't think the Chiefs defense is going to give up a lot of points here. I think the Raiders could struggle to get to double digits or you know, two touchdowns could be asking a lot. So it feels like it sets up well for Casey to get right. I'd like to see because we know Watson ain't it, and we know Tony ain't it, and we know insert player here ain't it. Maybe Rice, like we've talked about him, like maybe that was kind of fun. Okay, I mean that's they got to use him in inventive ways to get the most out of him. But Rice, we've kind of all circled as maybe he the guy that needs to step up. Somebody does, or it's not gonna happen for the Chiefs. Let's move on. Snakes to me, really not great. But you know, maybe even this one kind of sticks it to Greg. It's not a purpose, Greg, because I'm sure you wanted to watch it. Saints at Falcons.
Speaker 3: Great rivalry. That does stick it to me.
Speaker 5: These teams, you really wanted to watch it, because this, to me is a perfect Saints Falcons game.
Speaker 2: These teams hate each other, these fan bases despise and detest one a the other. There's nothing out of bounds between Saints fans and Falcons fans, and now they're fighting for first place in the NFC South. I'm not sure what we have going on a quarterback situation for New Orleans, but what I do know is that Desmond Ridder is the starting quarterback in the plan now from Arthur Smith, genius of all geniuses, is that it is Desmond Ridders team for the rest of the year, and they will sink or swim with Ritter I have my theories what will happen, but we'll see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't surprised by this, especially with Heinekee getting a little banged up before the buye, but it sounds like this was the plan all along, a reset Arthur.
Speaker 4: What are they just giving him a mental like rest basically.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and that they want to make this thing happen. And look, it's year three.
Speaker 5: They haven't been to the playoffs, they haven't had a winning record with Arthur Smith.
Speaker 3: It is very rare. And Robert Sallas probably thinking about this too.
Speaker 5: For a guy to get a fourth year if you haven't made the playoffs or had a winning record, it's extremely rare. So he's putting his whole career on the line here for Ritter versus the Saints defense, which will be without Marshaun Lattimore, will be without Michael Thomas, and as Dan mentioned, Carr as we're taping Wednesday morning, is uncertain. He's still in the concussion protocol. But there's varying love of the bye. That's that's not a good true but sometimes that just me like if even sometimes it means you can practice and by the end of the week you're cleared.
Speaker 6: I'm not like I I know that there are bigger Derek car fans than me. That's overt, but like I'm not I'm not convinced that whether it's Car, Jamis Winston, that it's uh, there's that much of a gap or a chasm between the two.
Speaker 3: This year's version of.
Speaker 5: Derek Carr Man Saints fans are so tired of Derek Carr. They would agree with you, and they think they're getting the worst of Derek.
Speaker 2: Didn't.
Speaker 6: We sort of say this is probably what will be how you'll be feeling frustrated and agitated by now. But I but I also think if you got the best version of Derek Carr, that would not be the way. But it's like that he's not clicked with his offense. He hasn't even been Andy Dalton. And if anything like Jamis like the floor is insane, but the ceiling might be a little bit better if they get a little if you get a wacky, like high ceiling level version of Winston.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that. That's when my pushback comes in.
Speaker 2: They can't stand here and hear Derek Carr slander and then we're gonna go, what have you get?
Speaker 3: The best version of Davis Winston. There is no best version different. They're different, they're not jams, not better than the other, the just.
Speaker 2: Right, here's here's here's why they're kind of apples and apples even though they're different players. Derek Carr is Derek carrs Derek Carr is Derek Carr. James Winston is Jameis Winston and James Winston is Jameis Winston. It's always going to be a turnover fest with some high level throws mixed in. And if that's what you want, Saints fans, if you just want a little bit more of a roller coaster, I hear you, but be careful what you wish for, because everywhere that guy's gone, he's lost and he's lost his job eventually, so whatever you.
Speaker 3: Sign up for.
Speaker 5: But it's also like the difference is though one it made thirty is making thirty plus million a year and is guaranteed money to next year. So the frustration level with that that they should have known, Yeah, they should have known.
Speaker 2: Like it was, he was always going to be, in my opinion, an upgrade over Winston, but he was never the answer.
Speaker 3: Like he kind of just a bridge to something.
Speaker 5: He has this crazy combo car of both avoiding hits to an extreme degree by always getting rid of the ball too quickly and not going through his reads. And that's something that Winston will do get he'll give his playmakers chance. But then he also takes insanely difficult and massive hits. So it's sort of this weird combo that occasionally he just hold onto the ball way too long and he'll take a huge hit and he'll get her inside the pocket. The Saints are underdogs in this game, but only one point uh in Atlanta. This Falcons defense has quietly been disappointing, getting a little worse throughout the course of the season. I really think this is just a huge game for these two teams. I am annoyed. I am I'm annoyed. Now I'm honestly rethinking my draft strategy. Should I have taken this number one?
Speaker 3: Overall? I might have to work a trade.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll do a trade with you, I mean across you for freaking Saints Falcons.
Speaker 3: How how dumb is that? I don't know what did you say, Mark? I'm annoyed now you wanted it too? Took you took definitely wait Browns Broncos Pick one. You probably managed to ye.
Speaker 4: Pick one happened seventy seven minutes ago.
Speaker 3: So all right, you're up. I am up.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: I'll take the first uh Jaguars Texans Division Crown game of the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now I feel pretty good forgot that that was there, bent yourself.
Speaker 4: A lot of internal monologue from Greg here, spout it out in the public.
Speaker 3: Well, I just you know that's it. I'll trade you.
Speaker 5: I'll trade you that game for Saints uh Falcons. No, now I feel differently. I'm just gonna just take the draft as it came, it was meant to be. I get to watch c. J.
Speaker 3: Stroud. Uh, he is an one and a half point underdog.
Speaker 5: Wow, if I had known that, Heck, I'm should we bring out the rain maker again?
Speaker 3: Let's not go that far. But I like the Texans in this. You know you're talking out loud, right. I like to bring the people in, bring them inside the mind.
Speaker 5: One and a half point favorites, Jack chic here, I'm gonna go full full like Mourning Fox f s one show.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, just pose a question which you already know the answer to. Based on my question, it would you rather have c J. Stroud or Trevor Lawrence. Oh, because I'd rather have st I'm already taken him for his career.
Speaker 2: Has has Trevor Lawrence had highs that have approached c J. Stroud's highs? Yes, has Trevor Lawren. It's been in the league now for what this is his third year. I think, Yeah, this is the first time where I'm this season where I'm like, man, maybe maybe he's not the generational talent that he was hyped up to be.
Speaker 3: It's really maybe he's just a good to very good quarterback.
Speaker 2: Do I think that Lawrence, if everything lined up right, as a super Bowl level quarterback?
Speaker 3: Potentially? Yes.
Speaker 2: Stroud, however, it has just been fantastic as a rookie. So it's kind of like you almost have to go with Stroud. You almost have to Wright.
Speaker 6: I just for me because I think one thing that's a development that we didn't see coming that's pretty great for an AFC South that's been milk toast for a long time, is that for the next fifteen years, these two quarterbacks are going to go at each other like a Manning and Brady type situation.
Speaker 3: I think Welle Richardson gets to that mixup Richardson too.
Speaker 6: I'm not putting there yet, but I would say this, it's like whenever I pick between those two, I always was a brady guy. Like it's just how they make me feel, and like Stroud has changed the way I feel about the season, and I think Lawrence is awesome, but he's just traveled Orence to me, like I just I would I feel the way you feel about c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud and watching him play.
Speaker 6: I think it's so also so exciting that he just toppled the draft community in terms of the S two tests. Have talked about the ball that that's always been on my radar, and it's like we need to see players differently, and like c J. Stroud's response, like people like ours our.
Speaker 3: In fairness again, like a ton of people had Stroud first, Like I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 6: I understand that one number two overall, like our research packet asked, like ken c J. Stroud recovered from his three interception performance, It's like he already made that clear in the postgame comments. He's like, I'm gonna keep throwing the ball the way I do it, and like he was literally not affected by.
Speaker 3: All that A shot against the NFL. Reason it's just a topic.
Speaker 6: It's like he had his first really rough game turnover wise after in this hot streak, and it's like, I have full trust that he'll recover.
Speaker 3: It's a great game before we move on.
Speaker 5: Just like they take over first place in the AFC South Dan they win the Texans.
Speaker 3: That was quick. They're gonna win playoff games.
Speaker 5: And I and but they're two back if they lose, and they no longer have the tie break right work because they have split. So it's a huge, huge game. And the Jags, to their credit, really changed up what they did last week. They got a lot of criticism for Dink and Dunk and Deacon Dunk and they went heavy play action, the deepest targets they had all year.
Speaker 3: Help that say Jones was back.
Speaker 5: All of Calvin Ridley's big games have been with day on the field because then you can move really around anymore. So they were much more aggressive, way more play action. I think you'll see more of that. It was a little more of the Trevor you want to see.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good. It was a different Jags team.
Speaker 6: One quick thing, like because you know how you have the seventeenth game and they throw in like another division that you play. It's like the tick here was that the Jaguars got the Niners and got totally clocked, and the Texans got the Cardinals. I do wonder if you are the Houston Texans we're seen right now, would you have lost what was it, thirty four to three to San Francisco.
Speaker 4: I think they give him a better fight.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're losing thirty four to three degains anyway.
Speaker 2: But and this is why I hate that that Fox stuff sometimes, like Fox taking Astroy, because I still do believe in Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: I just think it hasn't kind of come together this year the way it has.
Speaker 2: And also Stroud's on pace to throw for like five thousand yards and thirty touchdowns as a rookie.
Speaker 3: So there's just you can't go wrong with either one. I guess what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a big test for them though, against a really good Jags defense too, so I'm not necessarily assuming it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: All all Rose this year.
Speaker 2: Here is, by the way, the research and notes, the full setup mark will rookie Phenom CJ. Stroud, the little little pop off the top rope. That's fair Hart bounce back after three. I nt game, but this is an important close against the NFL's most opportunistic defense.
Speaker 6: It's it's it wasn't a me versus the research packet like scenario. Okay, I just I said the answer I already had in my head. Yes he will, Yes, he even did in the last game.
Speaker 2: I think what they're getting across is that Jacksonville is aggressive and opportunistic and CJ like you throw the ball. Yes they use the word opportunity. Yes, they're aggressive tea that kind of has a they have a nose for the Ballmark, and that shroud is not.
Speaker 3: A frak I don't.
Speaker 6: I am not trying to confront an entire department here within the building. They do excellent work, and I you know, I use their pH.
Speaker 3: The guy and the trench coat's on the throat. No, just be careful here. All right, let's move on, Mark, You're up next. It's getting ugly.
Speaker 6: It's getting ugly, But I'm gonna go Pittsburgh at Cincinnati AFC North Track in that division like the most interesting division in football right now.
Speaker 3: I as much as c J.
Speaker 6: Stroud and the Texans make me excited for this season as a completely new story. What's happened to the Bengals is the worst thing that's happened to the entire league. We lost I think the MVP and Joe Burrow. We lost what I think could have been the AFC champion in the Cincinnati Bengals, And now you're in a world where Jake Browning is taking No. We don't know a lot about him. He looked pretty good in the preseason. I thought to some degree, he's twenty seven. The one thing I was just trying to read what people were saying about him in general, and it's like, is the offense gonna change?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna like they're saying, we're going to try to keep the same offense.
Speaker 6: I get that. It's like good luck, I know exactly I mean, But what little like little nuggets about how they feel about the person, you know, because you can feel this with certain quarterbacks and like over and over they're like, we just feel that this guy that the qualities he has, he's super common, super collected, and super confident.
Speaker 3: I know maybe that means nothing.
Speaker 5: To us, but he also did if better about it, better love the person because he has no resume and they went into the season.
Speaker 3: But I think they do. I think they do, and I also think it's the resumes. He's twenty seven.
Speaker 6: No. The other thing, though, I'd say, is like he if there's any benefit to the fact that, like Burrow's been so in and out of the lineup and missed a big chunk of time, is that he got more work with some of these players than he would have if he had been you know, Peyton Manning's back up back in the day and you don't even see the field.
Speaker 3: I know the numbers weren't great.
Speaker 5: It didn't look too big for him against Baltimore, so that was an early encouraging sign. But it's totally changed, you know how you look at the Bengals that they're underdogs in this game just by point, Steelers favored by one, and but the Steelers are a team again. They still haven't out gained anyone and they finally did it. They got rid of Matt Canada since we last.
Speaker 3: Talked named Canada, and uh, I get it, you.
Speaker 5: Wanted to make a change, but I was a little confused because their new offensive coordinator is not calling the plays.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this is very It's one of these splits.
Speaker 5: Mike Tomlin is splitting the baby Mike Sullivan. I hate that is grotesque, right, I mean, they just he's just cutting that baby and has biblical I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: It was what are they doing their cutting baby?
Speaker 2: It was like, this is my baby, it's my baby. And then and then they were like, all right, we'll split the baby down and then you can both it. And then one of the one person said no, no, never do that, and then they warded the baby of the person that said that.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Don't split the man. That was a parable Thank you very much. That is that true? I think so. I mean it couldn't be up here for no reason. It sounds it makes me. I'll google it split baby Bible.
Speaker 5: Running Backs coach Eddie Faukner is the OC. He's organizing and he's kind of running the show. But Mike Sullivan, who you might remember back with the Giants back in the day, and I know he played college Greg.
Speaker 2: Has roots in Hebrew lore the job buddy, Okay, I'm big spot for Rosenthal.
Speaker 5: Not aware of anything too religious or so you've got how I was raised and Mike Sullivan's calling the plays most of the plays, so that part's all a little confusing, but they wanted to change things up. People seem happy. Will that make Kenny Pickett any more inspiring? I sort of doubt it. But it's a nice matchup because the real issue with the Bengals, you know, trying to win games without Joe Burrow, is that the defense has been bad.
Speaker 3: They've given up more explosive plays than any team in the league.
Speaker 6: There's a pretty crazy Kenny Pickett stat out there that he has a one point nine passing touchdown percentage. Obviously, badd he has six touchdowns on the year, which is no different than the Giants quarterback who's been there for weeks.
Speaker 4: That's the lowest percentage in NFL history.
Speaker 6: Like he's he's historically setting records for being unproductive and finding the.
Speaker 3: That's what I've been watching quarterbacks like him my whole life. For my team. He can't play. He can't play, and I think.
Speaker 4: If it looks better than some of those quarterbacks that can't play, though.
Speaker 2: But it's the same DNA where like, look at how many touchdowns the offense scores.
Speaker 3: They don't move, they don't consistently move the ball.
Speaker 2: The game on the line this past week, that just a grim three and out where it was a pass to the right that wasn't handled. Then he sailed one out of bounds to the left, and then he sailed one out of bounds to the to the right, and it was then they're punching it away and then the Browns win the game. And I just wondered, now, because Tomlin's obviously not going anywhere, nor should he now Canada's gone, how much longer does picket? Do we continue with this picket charade if you're Pittsburgh just when they can't. When's the last time they had four hundred yards in a game? Most like never under Canada.
Speaker 3: No, it was like eight like eons ago. So Canada's out back in the Hebrew times though, actually been running the ball.
Speaker 2: Well if yeah, Larran's become a really nice surprise to him, like if if they don't start doing something now, he's next and he should be next, because you don't just get an infinite rope. Even as a first round pick. It wasn't like he was a top five pick or anything. He was what a late first round guy like first little but the rope's not quite as long.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying, Nor should it be. I don't know. You guys believe him? No, I think he's just middle of the road.
Speaker 5: I've been on team this. This team would be better with Mitchell Trubisky as their start. But I don't think I'm not how much better and enough better that it would make a difference and potentially wins and losses.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I know, like Mitchell Trubisky, like within a within two weeks, we'd be Let's take ano little at Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a break before we finish a draft of First.
Speaker 2: The phrase split the baby has its roots and hebrew lore in the story recorded at One King's Three sixteen eighteen, of two mothers claiming before King Solomon that each was the real mother of an infant son. The wise King ordered that the baby be split in two, with one half of the baby going to each mother. The first mother's position was to accept the King's judgment is fair what a psychopath, and the seconds was not the mother. The seconds was to give the baby to the first, whereupon the king determined that the infant son obviously belonged to the second, as evidence by her willingness to sacrifice her own self interest for.
Speaker 3: The good of the child, as a true mother would the wise. Well, I think the first one just wasn't aware of how babies work. You know, she's a dummy, big old dummy. Yeah what half, No one's got a baby, So she was either a.
Speaker 6: Psychopath all moms were just assuming all moms are great, not true necessarily.
Speaker 4: Maybe it could have been the first but maybe, you know what, maybe the king got wrong.
Speaker 3: But mothers should all be treated with respect. Mark, I would agree with that. Good argument. There gotcha. All right, let's take a break and then we'll finish the draft. All right, let's close this thing up. Mark, next to you.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna take a disaster zone contest. Patriots a giant's uh. I want to watch a little Tommy de v doo. I think that's exciting. He's been sacked twenty times in three games. But ida he looked good last week.
Speaker 2: First of all, what was expected to what we're getting. I mean, that's you got to give it up for the Jersey boy.
Speaker 6: I would just say, though, how good do you want to look? Because these two teams are in contention. I mean, if you're Brian Daball and you get that first overall pick, like you can start to say, well, listen, now we're gonna do what I've been planning to do all along with a new quarterback. But I wonder, what if this is quietly like Bill Belichick's greatest coaching job, because taking all the strays and bows and arrows and like people are just like saying that he doesn't have it anymore. There's a lot of ages I'm going on, but he's quietly tanking and this week we're probably going to see multiple quarterbacks, if not just another terrible version of Mac Jones and you and you're the team that gets set in one pick, So it's like, what's your strategy here?
Speaker 3: Almost? I think if you're the do you want to that theory hole?
Speaker 2: That theory would only hold if he has assurances behind the scenes that he's their coaching.
Speaker 3: I just love you. I don't think I don't think so either.
Speaker 6: But what I even love the most is like if it were so deep state that they were like, let's cook up narratives that there's all this infighting and Craft and Belichick don't like each other, like let's just.
Speaker 3: Do a soft like Peyton manning out. Why would they need to add that, Like, what is that? I don't know, because it seems so.
Speaker 6: It's so because then when no one would believe the concept that they're actually just losing, oh as a cover for the ten, they're in disorder, They're in disarray.
Speaker 3: Bill Belichick is senile.
Speaker 5: No, I'm past giving Bill Belichick the benefit of doubt that he has some master plan to get the ball into the red zone and then mac Jones throws it a horrific pick. I can't believe mac Jones looks like I can't believe mac Jones looks like he's going to be the starter. He said in his new press conference today. He said, I think that's the plan. But he hasn't been told, but he thinks that's the plan because it sounds like he's taking most of the reps but not all the reps. It's just like, come on, bro, they are three points favorites. The Patriots are still three point favorites on the road, which is surprising to me.
Speaker 3: I know, I know Tommy DeVito is struggling.
Speaker 5: Oh but me and struggle last week? Okay, fair enough, and that the defense, you know, they got a front line that this is such a big game. So if the Patriots win this game, according to Seth Wilder at ESPN, they only have a nine percent chance of getting.
Speaker 3: A top two pick.
Speaker 5: But if they lose this game, it's up to thirty eight percent. It's a similar spread on both sides for the Giants. And if you really want to go crazy in terms of galaxy brain thinking, how about the Patriots try to win this game, the Giants keep losing, get Brian Dable fired, and then Bill Belichick's the Giants coach next year.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's like when Hugh Jackson traded Carson.
Speaker 6: He basically had the Bengals trade for Carson Palmer for the Raiders and then went back to the Bengals and had a bunch of draft picks.
Speaker 2: So wait, so Table gets fired, Belichick takes the Giants out and takes a quarterback, and then Dable goes and rejoins mcdermot's a OC and sticks it to the Jets and the Patriots on.
Speaker 3: Top of it, this is what you've brought us to, all right, Giants, rough one and and shout out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I said it on Sunday, but again every week Saquon Barkley is playing at a very high level and difficult circumstances. He had an incredible touchdown pass as you're watching.
Speaker 3: Here on the video show.
Speaker 2: Great job by Madison and company in the glass. So we'll see if he can keep it up. Three points spread that game? All right, Greg, you are up?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: I will I'll take the remaining Lake game because someone's got to It's Rams. It's Cardinals, you like, Oh, I love it. It's NFC West. This Cardinals team much more exciting with Kyler Murray. Although Josh Dobbs fun, so I take that back, but they've been competitive in two straight games with Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: He's been fun to watch.
Speaker 5: The Rams are one point favorites on the road, and Fox has given it the old Chris Meyers Robert Smith treatment, which I believe means it's their least boring prioritize game of the week if that's fired there. But hey, the Rams just just win this game. You kind of own the Cardinals under Sean McVay and you're to five and six, and I didn't think Stafford played his best game last week against the Seahawks, but you found a way to escape if you remember the last time these two teams played, Kyra and Williams lit him up for one hundred and fifty eight yards. We haven't seen Kyra and Willims since he's back in this game, and I think their running game showed some signs of life late in that game against Seattle.
Speaker 3: We might get Cooper Cup.
Speaker 5: It actually sounds like he has a decent chance to play this week to return despite that angle.
Speaker 6: That was a weird game because the Rams did I think they had like ten yards rushing in the first half and then lit him up. Williams came back and like they leaned into it. They kind of last week against Seattle did something similar on a smaller scale. They went heavy and like they started to brutalize Seattle on the ground and it kept them in.
Speaker 3: That game and they won it.
Speaker 6: And they I don't know, they had no business winning that game from some angles, but I think part of it for me with the Rams, like like I feel like with each contest, Matthew Stafford's taking some sort of like physical brutality and it's just like, is he gonna last?
Speaker 3: This season? In their line's been okay.
Speaker 5: I don't think they've had a they've improved quite a bit, I would say, and this is a nice matchup. The Cardinals defense does not get after the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Older Murray looks good on the ground.
Speaker 3: Let's keep moving, let's finish out this draft. I got two picks.
Speaker 2: We'll start with Carolina at Tennessee. Let's see, all right, So what do you have here?
Speaker 3: What do we got? Well?
Speaker 2: On the Panther side of things, you have a team that's just now trying to figure out how to put enough sunshine poking through the clouds where the head coach and the staff gets a second year. That is that's what we're up against now. And you start, I think feel like you're hearing some whispers now that is really in play with an impatient owner involved here. The Panthers are at their worst record through ten games since twenty ten. They finished and fourteen this year. That is certainly within the range of outcomes two and fourteen or two and fifteen this year.
Speaker 3: So they need to get something, some good news.
Speaker 2: And you know what, the Tennessee Titans, they have an opportunity to do something because Tennessee is not a very good team and we've been waiting greg for Will Levi is in this offense to give us some more fireworks, and then the waiting continues.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the team. I'm struggling to know what to say on a week to week basis. So I decided to reach out to our former producer, Justin Graver, Yeah, also host of the Music City Audible podcast, which you guys, music City Audible, Yes and wherever you get your potcort I said, I don't know what to say about this team anymore. Maybe I'll just until they prove that they have something interesting to say. I'll just go to Graver yeah, for a weekly statement. And so for this week, he has given me the let's get the missive. Let's get the missive that the Titans are undefeated at Nissan Stadium. Did you know their stadiums called Nissan Stadium?
Speaker 3: That was new not it's not great.
Speaker 5: Three and zero averaging twenty seven points per game, and they play five of their last seven games at Nissan Stadium, so maybe they can make a run here.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Justin Graver. You know what, let's I like this.
Speaker 2: I like this as a as a segment going forward, but you know what, I want to make it a video segment. Let's get it Let's get him to send us something every week until the season's over. Mercifully raise the bar a bit for Nashville's football club. Let's hit the final game the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: Turn it around, Bryce Young, Please, it keeps getting worse and worse.
Speaker 5: This is a good matchup. Please turn around, Bryce, because it is getting grim.
Speaker 4: Help him to getting grim. Frank Reig, Well, I think.
Speaker 3: The last three weeks were by far is worse three weeks since week one?
Speaker 5: Who's the play calling now? I lose It's right, Frank Reich. I just mean this is a good match brutalized, it's not playing well.
Speaker 3: Like, let's please.
Speaker 2: Finally, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers travel to Indianapolis to face the Colts, who kind of under the radar.
Speaker 3: I kind of assume the Colts were out of the mix, and then you look.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the Colts are actually five and five, Like they're one of those teams that's in contention and and and fighting for a chance, and even you know, with the Jaguars coming back down to earth a little bit, it's the South is pretty wide open right now, and they're coming out of their bye week, so you kind of like admit it. Like everyone totally forgot the Colts existed, right, like they were just gone and we're like, oh.
Speaker 3: They're not until these bye weeks, especially especially they.
Speaker 5: Especially this team, and they were in Germany, they were they were off the continent in a game that was very forgettable.
Speaker 2: But they do exist. So they come back from the buy now and now you get the Bucks and you know, I don't know what else to say really about you know about it.
Speaker 3: These are the two teams. Games are both these games Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 6: I for a period of time thought we're the same person, you know, just but there they are such similar quarterbacks. I will say this about the Bucks, like they could not they got wrecked, wrecked against offense, but bigger in the in like what in their wide receivers they put up a fight, Like I I know. They're also one of these teams that are so average and so kind of tough to watch on a lot of levels.
Speaker 3: But they don't mind them. I don't like win that division at this point.
Speaker 6: I think they've got I mean, all those teams have a chance, but it's like they might like all those schedules are easy.
Speaker 3: But the Bucks to me, like and it's a Baker thing this year.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying he's had he's been better than worse, but he just does not give up in these games. I felt that in like in a lost cause against San Francisco, they kind of showed me something.
Speaker 5: The way you brought it up, Dan got me thinking, these are actually I think that the two teams that have the best chance to make the playoffs that no one realizes has actually a decent chance to make the playoffs. Because there's got to be a name for this game. Then, I don't know the Invisible Men Bowl. Let's do a little news housekeeping, because I did think it was noteworthy that the Colts release Jack Leonard this week. It's easy to forget before he had multiple back surgeries, which is I think really limited his effectiveness.
Speaker 3: He was on a Hall of Fame trajectory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was the defensive rookie of the year when he came out twenty eighteen. He made three first team All Pros in one second team. And you mentioned Chris earlier in the show. And it's funny as some of these players age out or they're not quite the same players. That makes me sad too, because some of these players when they came into the league. I think of how excited Chris was and he was just really banging the drum for what a great player Shaq Leonard was and he really was. And it's sad it happens with injuries sometimes with these careers.
Speaker 3: They just changed me. He's not even on the team anymore and.
Speaker 2: Contract too, you know, from like personally, like my hero growing up was Don Mattingly. He was on a Hall of Fame trajectory and then a back injury derailed his career. Larry Byrd another all time back injuries are one of those type of injuries where it could just rob you of what makes you special.
Speaker 3: And it's sad, but that's what happens.
Speaker 2: And you give it up for Shack Leonard and it also was a look for him and maybe made the cults think twice. But him handing out the turkeys yesterday when made the rounds on social media with the Colts the day that he was let go just shows that he is he's a you know, obviously a good stand up person, but also maybe you know, heads up, hey, teams, this guy's a leader and a good dude, and maybe you give him a chance to get his career back on track.
Speaker 3: But the back injuries they rob you of greatness.
Speaker 6: I bet I'll get another chance. He got a chance on our shoulder in super Bowl week and was a great guest. That was back when we thought that he was going.
Speaker 3: To the Hall of Fame. I don't even know you may remember that, not at all.
Speaker 4: Its absolutely true way that he was on the show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely he was.
Speaker 4: It was when we were sitting on those couches. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 3: Jack Leonard, Yep, I'm with Dan. I am no recollection. This is wrong. Put a thousand dollars on it. Find me. There's no way to know for sure.
Speaker 4: So there is, and we will find out. Yes, there is a way.
Speaker 3: Then I won't take you on the bed.
Speaker 4: He was one of our like massive. It was one of these days where, like you know, rolling through.
Speaker 2: Like originally the thousand bucks would have been decided by majority vote here in the room.
Speaker 3: But now that you're telling me there's a way to know for sure, Yeah, I'm going to not take you on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't think you should. But he was a gentleman.
Speaker 3: That was my point, Turkeys. He's a great guest. He was very polite. I don't know turkeys everywhere. I feel like I would remember that, Greg.
Speaker 4: I feel like there are a lot of things that you acknowledge you don't remember.
Speaker 2: That is exactly the type of thing that I wouldn't remember. And I feel like Greg, it depends, you know, like we're headspace wise. But yeah, Greg usually is pretty sharp with these things as well. So well, there's just no way to know there is you could find the pod.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's up for debate.
Speaker 5: Furiously, I am looking for it right now. I can't couldn't find it when when I shoot, we'll see the bucks. By the way, I don't know if we mentioned it, are given two and a half points away. Very nice, that's about right. I think this is the toughest game to pick for the week. You know, maybe our listeners.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't decide on this one this week.
Speaker 2: It would be a really good gift on Thanksgiving is to give someone a whatever the team is personalized number eleven stap jersey for Thanksgiving this year.
Speaker 3: Like just when they show up eastraggling to find it.
Speaker 6: You completely lost me. All I'm looking for is that you get it. You have ten seconds to find it or I get the grand That is not how this works on any level. It must be based in fact, and I'll spend all weekend looking for it. I'll spend all Thanksgiving that youre looking for I.
Speaker 3: Mean, our listeners will find it if if it exists.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, it is Thanksgiving this week, So happy Thanksgiving to everyone, whether you're with your families or it's a friends giving type vibe, which is also a lot of fun. And enjoy all the football and know that we will be back. I think we kind of very quickly audibled, and we're going to do our Thanksgiving games recap on Friday. We're gonna do a record that early on the West Coast and get that out as soon as possible, and then we're gonna throw the Jets Dolphins into the Sunday night recap. So uh no double Friday podcast or we're not gonna hit all those games, but we're gonna have everything covered as we always do anything else.
Speaker 3: Boys, he's still well. First of all, you don't search Shaq Leonard. He changed his name then, so that's eight seven. Oh, I'll fight. What are you gonna do with your grand there? I'll find you're not getting a cinema either. Call Happy Thanksgiving
Speaker 6: H