Speaker 1: We're slay slay.
Speaker 2: Me if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with Jim Love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests? Yeah you know she raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second.
Speaker 1: We're gonna last cut of the kicking and at again.
Speaker 3: We leave it with just a list of spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks are your slip oh folks that we dig?
Speaker 2: It's good?
Speaker 1: Hey, no fish do what you do?
Speaker 3: Hay no this do what you do?
Speaker 1: Cany no kiss you what I do? No fish we.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to this week's episode of Left and Learn. I am your host, Flaming Rode, along with my viewful co host, the very chatty Kathy Is Bobby Clifford. Hire tos hi you tuts.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 2: It's going? Listen. It didn't win. It ain't going. It didn't win a hell of a week with our new administration, and we damn show going to talk about it. But right now. We're gonna start off with just saying thank you guys for joining us here at Laugh and Learn. Thank you for downloading us on did the Black Effect Network. iHeart Apple, Spotify, Amazon, wherever you listen to your podcast, please tell a freeing like, share and subscribe, because for the next four years, the politics is gonna get heavy heavy.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's I feel like it's bipolar. It's up, it's down across the side.
Speaker 2: That's too easy. Nine polar Bobby, nine polar true.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody's yelling at everybody, and everybody's a liar, and everybody's an SLB. And some of the stuff that the GOP is saying isn't necessarily wrong, it's the way they say things.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we don't get into the heavy here. Let's start like life. Look, I'm be ready to hit you all in here with the slaves ham already good God.
Speaker 3: So well, I have a question. I want to hear about your weekend, but I also want to ask you a silly question to start it off. So tell me about your weekend. Are you Are you recovered?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought you was gonna ask me like if I pregnant or something. I was gonna like, go, I'm breasted and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's hysterical. I want to know about what you think about the official photos, But tell me about your weekend first.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the weekend, ladies and gentlemen, I did a thing ooh, an old thing, new thing. I did a drag show. I hadn't done a drag show, oh my god. And men maybe maybe two years, just like officially. And I worked at Oscars in Palm Springs for my boy Dan Gore. I had a great time with the cast. So if you ever in Palm Springs, go to Oscars. It's a restaurant. They have a brunch. It's called the Bitchiest Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. The host her name is Anita. Don't ask me no last names. And then I worked with Brooklyn and a Urorer and a guy named Michael, and I had a really good time. Really. Let me talk about the audience. First of all, we were outside on the concrete and I hadn't jumped around and did attended turning and spent a round in a while.
Speaker 3: Which was gorgeous to look out like you were a little You're like, oh, outside, I'm like it was magnificent. From looking at the clips, there was light, it was shining. You were all lit like you looked. It took like ten years off of everybody that I saw, though I don't know anybody else but feely.
Speaker 2: It added like fifteen years on these legs because these legs and the tears on concrete. It's not my friend. But Saturday it was a little rough because I was a little rusty. But Sunday I was back in the swing of things. And if you want to see the little clips, you can go to my Instagram page on Monroe Flay or Flame Monroe. It's on TikTok Flame Monroe one two five YouTube. And I had a good time. Yeah YouTube. YouTube took it down for copyright infringement.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding those suns of guns.
Speaker 2: Well you know the music girl because I was doing Tina time.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, well she wore her money even from heaven. She said, I still want my change. I don't blame her, but I had an amazing time you guys, and I may I may do more. Direg shows. What it does is it keeps you. Uh, it's exercise because you jumping around and high heels and running around collecting money and it's performing.
Speaker 3: That's sort of what I think of it, as I know, it's not the comedy and it's not the hosting, which is really your love, but it's still performing you're in front of. It keeps you shop, you know, you know, I love I love shot Flames. That's my favorite. And it keeps you raisor sharp. So for the other stuff when you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you guys are ever in Palm Springs, make sure you make your way there. I will be going back. I'll post when I'm going back. But we are here at left lunch to talk about the thicket things. So last Monday, our new president was sworn in, Donald Trump. I would say it was sworn in, but he didn't have his hand on the Bible, so they just gave him the job. I'm not going to say that he was sworn in. Let me take that back. I retract that statement. He got the job. They let him know that he got the job, but he never put his hand on the Bible, which means that, you know, because if you put your hand on the Bible, you petrified the lot. He said, well, you know what, I ain't going to even cross the line. I ain't gonna even touch the damn.
Speaker 3: Bible, you know, knowing and not not joking, but knowing the way he like he'll think that somehow gets him on his side because something goes wrong. Well, I never put my hand on the Bible. I mean, everybody saw it. Nobody corrected me, which is true. I would have thought Malania would have said, because she not only brought his Bible, she brought her bible, she was going to get him the double with me. Maybe it was a marital spat and we just don't know it.
Speaker 2: But put his hand on Listen, if he hadn't touched that Bible, that Bible might have started smoking.
Speaker 3: Bobby, I ain't gonna no, I think it would have gone who are you?
Speaker 2: But he's been in office for a week. He's already taken a golfing vacation. By the way, because he had to sign so many executive orders, I'm sure they just wiped him out signing his signature with a huge marker like he was in second like he was in kindergarten. About twenty times. I'm like, oh my god, what is going on with this one?
Speaker 3: More than twenty times, But I'm gonna tell ya, you know, I'm not a big Trump fan, just the person himself, nothing to do with the party that he's in. And I kind of dig his signature though it's uniform all the time, it's almost like a stamp. But I'm watching him do it. It's neat, it's it's it's eligible, it's legible eligible, it's well, he thinks he's eligible, but it's legible. I kind of I'm like, it's kind of impressive. I don't know if he's reading, paying attention. I don't know what he's doing, but he's signing it. He's given advice. You know, he was doing all sorts of stuff. We talked about that last week, but he certainly did. And for all the people that fucked around are finally finding out because he ran on. I'm also going to give him credit for everything that he's doing. The outrageous, the distasteful, the whatever you feel about about what's going on, it's the way he does it. It's not necessarily even exactly what he's doing. It's just the way that he comes. I mean, we needed immigrat summer, great immigration stuff to happen. Biden did, his administration did drop the ball for the first few years, waiting for a lot of stuff to happen. He when he did that executive order, in the end he had a tighter border than anybody had. He wanted reform to happen, but we still needed to band aid that that up. But it's the way that he's just going in. They can go into schools, they can go into hospitals, they can go they can go anywhere.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't mind or you didn't explain what you're talking about when she says they she's talking about ice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sorry that yes, that that that that he's telling them that they can kind of go anyway. Everybody knows he said this was going to happen. He said he was going to take the National Guard and he was going to put it on the border. He he you know, he's he said he was going to do all of it, and people are horrified. As as there were a few clips. I'm sure you saw the pictures. They have to have made it everywhere. I think it was in New York they were cleaning out. I think it was a work site. And didn't they get the back a back view as the ice officers are walking marching frog marching. A couple of guys and their T shirts said Hispanics for Trump. Hi, I was fell off my chair. I'm like, how are those shirts fitting now? Fellas freebie.
Speaker 2: It is barbaria to think of that. So many of these Latino people voted for Donald Trump even when he, like you said by he told them on day one he was going to do a mass deportation. They're largest in history. And he may not keep a whole lot of other his promises. He ain't gonna keep a whole bunch of policy promises, but these like things like this, Yeah, this is what he won off of the fear of that. And I do believe that the trumpelkins, and this is my belief that the Trumplicans have a low IQ. I believe that you have to be empty on the inside, so somebody can pour whatever they need. And if you don't know who you are, somebody can pour all of what they want in you. They can pour in love and joy and happiness, or they can pour in hate and racism and divisiveness and and all of these hateful things. And it depends on what you received what you want. I think a lot of these Trumpetkins because Donald Trump won the election. Okay, let's say that he is the person of the United States. But they said his people, his base, seemed to be more angry. I'm like, oh my god, he won. Why are you so mad? I don't understand. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: We had a perfect transition of power.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris absolutely.
Speaker 3: Still professional, went in and certified that vote, just like Prince Pence was was a perfect professional.
Speaker 2: But with hold on. But with the Latinos, with the latinos. I've seen a video on Instagram of a guy. He was a Mexican guy. He voted for Trump, and then they deported his wife maybe two days later, and he was on there begging Donald Trump to bring his wife back. And so I said, oh, he uster really wanted a quick divorce.
Speaker 3: Oh please bring her back.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: I voted for you. You get played is what you get.
Speaker 3: He told you he was going to do it. I mean, pay attention. He said he was going to do it. He's trying to get rid of birthright citizenship. He's already said that. We talked about that, but it's already been put on hold. It was immediately again. We talked about this it's such a waste of money. They only have. Presidents only have so much power the executive an executive order is you have to put it's only as good as the unless depending on the next administration, it's only as good as the administration that enacted it. So Biden's stuff was only as good as the length of the time that Biden was in. Now, if he had another president who agreed or was democratic, they might not change everything that he did. They might not change anything at all if it was you know, views that they believed as well. But Trump taking everything down is sort of very political. Of course he's going to do it. He doesn't want to have anything with Biden, you know, with the Biden stamp. So he did take everything down. That's fully within his rights.
Speaker 2: That said go ahead, no, no, you come off.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna I was gonna say that said, like think of President Biden. Biden was trying to He thought that the way that the law was written, as far as student loans, he'd be able to wipe anybody who had the state backed or federally backed not state student loans, he'd be able to wipe it out. He soon found out that no, he can't. So that didn't work for him. The same type of things is going to happen for Trump. You cannot get rid of something that's in the Constitution. Some of his backers are actually saying, and it was I can't think of the senator's name. He was saying that giving birthright citizenship is actually unconstitutional. Yeah, the fourteenth Amendment.
Speaker 2: And they'd say that the constitution is unconstitutional. Now who since you brought it up, Bobby, I want to speak about his new press secretary, that Levitt girl. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: What their CRUCIFX she is she is.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. We're not gonna You're not gonna like her. We're not going to like house. But I'm telling you right now, if you look at the bulldog again, her, the monster in her at twenty seven, you ain't gonna get past her. She is an impenetrable iron wall. And I kind of like it, Bobby. I couldn't even lie. I don't like everything that she says, but you will not shake this woman. From what I have seen, she is a wall at twenty seven years old. So they have groomed her perfectly for the position. Because John Jean Pierre was a little passive. This one right here, you're not getting pasted up.
Speaker 3: You're not different one was professional. I do think Biden's she was, she was. Kareem was very I think she should have stopped some stuff. It just wasn't her personal. She wasn't going to really talk over a bully, or she wasn't the bulldog.
Speaker 2: About Korean. Let me speak about Kareem. Kareina was also a black woman in this country. And if you don't believe that, if she would have been as as stern as this new levity is, they would have hated it. They would have deemed an angry black woman. But this Levitt plays no games. Listen. I like I like that part of it. I don't like the stuff that she's that she's speeling, but I like that part of it. Oh, she's gonna have social.
Speaker 3: Media sitting up with her now, she's gonna have the social media, the content creators, you know, the people on TikTok that are or if you're cleaning your house all day, you might get a job.
Speaker 2: Put it, you know, put your application if you if you have kind words towards this administration.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, if what we want, we don't have.
Speaker 2: Brass words for this administration because it's not like we hate Trump. Do we like the things that are happening as a though we do not. But I think that if they haven't content creators, because that's the way of the world now. I think that's pretty dope, Bobby. I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: But that means there's no fact checking. So when you're a journalist, there is a As you go through school, they there's a formula. They teach you everything you have to do. If you get a job at ABCNBC, CNN News Nation, whatever they tell you you have to. Well, even with our little podcast here, everything that we discuss I have vetted through at least three different sources Print, TV, you know, I mix it up, always three Print, but I'll add into different television shows. Otherwise we don't talk about it, and they're not. Really it's us watching, but it's not our opinions. It's we're reporting or just recapping information that's already been out there that people might not have had the opportunity to read. These content creators, they can be like President Trump and say he turned on the water in California. That is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard of in my entire life. He did it was it was a system that was overloaded and got shut down and they had to update it. That's why it was down, and California turned their own system back on, not the military that he sent out there. So there's nobody going to be fact checking, and I kind of don't like that. That's the only thing I don't like about it. Now, if you're an actual you're an actual journalist like Don lemon Is, who has now gone to the social media route and he's on YouTube and I love a show. I have a show on probably once a day in the morning. He does have topics. At night he does the politics, and depending on what my schedule is for the day, you know, I will listen, maybe not all. I listened to the Robert Kennedy Junior that hearing today.
Speaker 2: Well hold on, we're gonna get to that one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about I'm just saying that that I do want it. Yeah, he does the work. He does the work.
Speaker 2: I do get that, And but he is, like you said, he is a journalist, so he wants his facts to be correct. With anybody's coming on the podcast, you know, the facts will not always be with the fact because you don't have to check it. And Mark Zuckerberg has already put on social media. Yes, it's opinion based, and sometimes your opinion. But people, when you're empty and you don't have a brand of mind to think for yourself, you will follow exactly what you hear and fall into a trap, which is why we are where we are right now, which is why we are where we are right now. That's the title, which is why we are where we are because you won't take the time to just research it to make sure that it's not a clickbait or not a bullshit story, because it's a lot of bullshit stories out here. AnyWho, Let's get onto that they did in State. They did approve Pete headxcept to be the Secretary of Defense. He did deot. Meanwhile, they kicked, they're kicking. They signed the build to kick transgender, transgender veterans out of the military when Heck said there's going to be over to military and it's a raging Oh, I'm sorry, he's a recovering alcoholic. Use his words. Those are those are his words, not mine.
Speaker 3: He said, Oh, I didn't know. He even said, recovering. So here's the here's the news. If he doesn't, if he's not, if he's only recovering because he's getting the job and he's he wants to keep things tight while he's in. An alcoholic is not going to be able to do that. He is going to screw up and he won't be in long, folks, if he hasn't taken this actually seriously. So we still don't get yourself in a twist until we figure out what's actually going. I don't know if it's veterans. I think it's people that are actually currently serving.
Speaker 2: I think is what it is.
Speaker 3: Isn't it that he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Going hold on with the trend or the ones that want to come in? So and five years ago I did the Rectors Club the very first time and I did a whole interview about trans athletes and wooah wooh and oh my god, they went after me so hard. They tried to cancel me. They did everything they could, everything that I said on there. Five years ago. I want to thank Tasha Kay for re sharing that video on Instagram because when I tell you, the traction is real, and everybody's like Flain't tried to warn us, said, woo woh woo. I didn't want to be right about this, Bobby. I knew I was right, but this was one of those times that I wanted to be proven wrong so that we wouldn't be in the situation that we are in. And we are in such a crucial situation, and I say we, I'm talking about trans people. I'm talking about transgender people. Do I agree with some of the policies from the administration as far as hormone therapy and everything after nineteen, Absolutely absolutely do. I believe that there are some trans kids. I do believe that people possibly think that they are trands when they're a kid. But the difference is that you can change your mind. So I'm not in total disagreement with how everything is going down, but I'm not in agreement with the way they are doing the tactics of what they're doing with the trans people, because it's going to get scary for my trans brothers and sisters out of here to think that now people will look at you and think that your trand's gonna jump on them like bees attack you. It doesn't jump on you, and you don't standing next to me However, I feel my sexuality is not going to jump on you. It's not going to grab you like a ghost, like a thief in the night. But that is how they have put it out there, and they do got a lot of people who are unbalanced or who are unsure or afraid because you're afraid of what you don't know, that might try to start, you know, attacking people trans people, and I would hate to see that happen. I would absolutely hate to see that happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're going back. He's saying that he wants to return that worry ethos, you know place in the midsteran first and united we standing all that jazz anythink at DEI and having trans troops and whatever is gonna sort of sort of ruin that. Because also people who were who were dinged because they wouldn't get the COVID vaccines. I don't mind this as much he is. He's reinstating them or giving them back pay and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I got I got a problem with that one because I lost the job with oh what's her name? She used to be on stairs the night like Tina Fay because I refused to take the vaccine. I should get back pay for that.
Speaker 3: Huh, Well, you know what, And I give Tina Fey a lot of a lot of credit. At the time, we were all working on information that we had. At the moment we had a horrible pandemic where a million people died. They were trying to prevent it, just like politics is right now. The information about COVID was minute by minute it would change, so if they were we started with the federal employees. The first person we saw to take the actual vaccine was President Biden and then Vice President Harris, So we was trying to have all federal employees step in line. We had to get it at the hospital as well, so we wouldn't spread it to whatever. So we learned. We learned from that. We learned that that wasn't necessary. So I have no problem with him giving people back pay. You know, they were dinged for whatever amount of time and we're hit with financially, and I don't mind him doing that.
Speaker 2: So here's my dilemma with the whole vaccine thing, because you know, I never believed in it. It's not that I'm anti vaxx. I just didn't believe in now because it came too fast and the real fact that, uh, the may of fact that President Biden just pardon doctor Fauci makes me really feel like really sketchy, like why would he need a pardon? I don't I don't know. Let me finish. I don't understand before you guys get on my case. The case is it's a conspiracy claiman I don't know what it is. I'm just saying it looks very shady to me that why would this doctor need a parton and what would he what reason would he need a party for. I do believe that it will unfold in the next couple of years, but it will be very interesting to see. I didn't take the vaccine because it took ten minutes for them to cook it. It took it was too many variables. So yes, I just I just never had the trust for that because I didn't know how it was.
Speaker 3: Going and a lot of people did it. And he's giving Founci is just it's preemptive. It's the same reason he gave the January sixth committee because he could go after the committee. He's going after some of the some of the extraneous people that were involved. It's just because he says this is a revenge tour. And I think he's trying to protect anybody that worked hard on stuff, and Fauci was one of them. And Fauci didn't back Trump, especially at the end. He finally would saying no, and Trump didn't like that well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of January, speaking of January to sixth, he did part in fifteen hundred of those insurrectionists. One guy got out, got into an altercation with the police, a physical altercation with the police two days after he was released, and lost his life. And it ended with he lost his life the police officer shot him. He might have been safer in jail, right.
Speaker 3: I think it was Matthew Hoddle I think was his name.
Speaker 2: All of this anger and bitterness was uncalled for, speaking of Donald Trump and all of this. So they sworn in peaked head saith. But and today they had rfk JR on Let me let me say. Let me say this about rfk JR. First of all, I interviewed rfk Jr. Before the election. He changed my mind about who he was. But now I know that it was all bs. What he was saying to me, it was all political bs. But it's so painful to hear him speak because he has what is what does he have? Bobby?
Speaker 3: He has just phony out So it's it's something with the vocal courts. It's not to be stupid or some people are. Yeah, there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's so. But it's very painful and very difficult to hear him speak because it's so broken. Like Bobbie kee keeople. He's kind of like that. I think she got on the taste of it. It must be contagious.
Speaker 3: God forbid, could you see what would I I wouldn't be able to talk anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me think about that. But they were grilling him about what he has said in the past, and that is why you have to understand that when you lie or when you believe something, you can change your mind, but you can't lie about it because social media and the Internet will always constantly remind you of what you see it because somebody will hold on to it somewhere, Someone will always hold on to it.
Speaker 3: Do you know who held on to it in this case?
Speaker 2: The worst his cousin, Yes, Caroline Kennedy, Jacqueline Movie and Kennedy's daughter who came out and said that he was a predator. Bobby, I was like, oh my god, she's a stapitch. I was like, oh my god, and she is.
Speaker 3: This is a woman in fairness, This is someone Have you ever heard her come out against anything? Ever? The only time I've ever heard her no. And she never capitalizes the only thing she does she tries to honor her parents and she never tries to capitalize. Like I'm Carolyn, she does nothing but heartache. You know, lost the brother in that plane crash, lost the mother from cancer. You know when you were sixty. She's older than her mother was. I mean, she has had a lot of tough knocks. The poor thing family is everything to the Kennedys, to an Irish family, you know where you know there's I get thirty three cousins, you know, like we're all type. You know, you just you never would talk publica. You might talk about them to the but Jesus behind their backs, you know, when nobody else is here and but family. But you don't do it. You do and right to their face, but you don't do it. You don't do it publicly like that.
Speaker 2: She I got out of it.
Speaker 3: That looked painful to me for her.
Speaker 2: And and and and let me tell you why that speaks volumes because the family knows you better than anybody. When a family member comes against you, people have to sit up and take notice, like, oh my god, if the family is coming out against this person. You know, even though Mary Trump came out against Donald Trump, it didn't work because he still became the president. But she did come out hard against him. If k Junior is too wishy, why she in his plight? But and here's the thing. He said that his very own children were vaccinated. If Trump.
Speaker 3: Wife, I'm sure she, I'm sure she had the kids vaccinated. Which if Trump, if.
Speaker 2: Trump wants him, he will get that seat because Trump will implement fear in anyone who goes against him. And that is just the bottom line.
Speaker 3: No, and I agree with that. I mean, I felt I thought it was hard. I think that if you guys are listening, find the actual clip because it has been bastardized for what you're actually seeing. There's a lot of important pieces that have been cut out. She had a real thought process. She reminded us that she could not speak because she was a prior to this for his election, I even or support the rest of her family. She was a federal employee, she was our ambassador to Australia. So until two weeks ago her her ambassadorship ended, she could she couldn't speak about it, but it was really hard, and she has she had we want to talk about receipts. She had it all. She listed it and and I just I could see how comfortable it was.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Bobby, did you say? She listed it?
Speaker 3: She listed it, She listed each. Then she went back to his drug addiction, and she got he was a predator because she felt that he he made it look exciting and fun for his cousins and siblings. There were a lot of addicts in that family at one time. And she yeah, I get her a lot of credit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The other person that we didn't hear she's gone now. But his mom, I think was pretty with it. And when he first announced he was coming out, you didn't hear her. He didn't hear his mother say a word. She was usually your mom will back you, they'll have some picture with her thumbs up or whatever, and they didn't have any of that. His his the bulk of his siblings spoke out against him. So I think that I think that says volumes. You know, it's funny because I kind of dig his wife. So I don't know what she sees that the rest of us don't see. But anybody that is driving through New York in a rental car and sees a baby bear on the side of the road and thinks, ooh, lunch and picks that they had to be two hundred pounds, puts it in his rental car. I'm assuming it's a rental and it wasn't his, and then says, yeah, you know what, I'm not gonna make it. I won't make my flight, and then takes the baby bear out of lunch, takes it out, talk about a drive through, dumps it into Central Park, and then gets some hobo's bike and throws it on top of it. So we thought it was a hit and run.
Speaker 2: What is that? Well? Now, what what? What does it tell you? That he was completely against Trump before the election and now he is kissing the ring so many and so many before him has done so I can't just follow him on back of so many before him has done that on so many levels. So many people have wishy wash it. They were against Trump, and then they get they jumped on the bandwagon. Because whatever power he has, he has instilled a level of fearing these people that if you don't do what I want to do, we are watching a live version of the Apprentice, it is playing out in real life. And his favorite two words, you're fired. You're fired. So I agree with you.
Speaker 3: They all they all have the same sort of vernacular. They all every mouthful that comes out of any of their mouth when they're asked a question, Well, President Trump feels and you know, you look at some people. They're looking at each other and they're like, no, bitch, we want to know what you think. We want to know are you going to back the Constitution or are you going to back back the president who is not as enamored with the Constitution as most people. We know he's a disruptor and he you know, he's meant to get to kind of move things around. You and I have spoken about it. Sometimes you go to break things, like completely break something apart, in order to build it back up and make it better. Maybe this is at that time, I'm God willing, I'm trying to do glass outful. They there was one senator that asked him about climate change. They said that you would always believed in climate change, and you know that this president he thinks it's a bunch of fooey. Basically, what do you think? He said, Well, that's the one place that we disagreed. And so he said, so you're saying that you do believe it's the one place the one saying you don't agree on it, and you are going to stand by climate change. He goes, well, I already gave you my answer. He wouldn't answer the question again. He was just trying to make sure he understood what the answer.
Speaker 2: They will not.
Speaker 3: They will not. I just don't understand go against him.
Speaker 2: But and that is where we are, and this is how he has become the president because I believe he has lots of secrets. And I said this before when he ran the first time. His dad was Donald Donald John Trump. His dad did was a businessman. Donald Trump was never a politician, but he did business with Democrats, Independence, Republicans, undecided long before he threw his head in the political ring. So he knew a lot of stories. He knew had a lot of a lot of people. And it must be good dirt because it works in his favor. Whatever he seems to want, he seems to get. And this is where we are. I'm just thinking that some of these trumpelkins, Trump supporters really have little IQs because when you asked him question, what is he? Why do you support this man? Who is he to you? They're all over the place. But when he started cutting back on all these federals and when he put the freeze on a bunch of these federal things, they had people losing their minds. And they didn't look like me. They looked like you, Bobby, because a lot of Caucasian people are not wealthy. They are on food stamps, they are on Medicare, they are on Medicaid. They need their prescription drugs that he raised the price on. He took the cap off, and they realized that, oh my god, I voted for him. So you allowed your racism to supersede your patriotism, and now you're in the same boat that we own. Because remember on the Titanic, there were billionaires and there were very low people who didn't have a lot of money. When the ship went down, everybody drowned. Every If you didn't get on the boat to get away. As a woman and a child, I would have got in a full dragon grabbed me a white kid, and see it, this is my daughter right here though. She looked just like me, and I would have got on a boat. But when the boat sinks, everybody says everybody does.
Speaker 3: But they were unless you were the unsinkable Molly Brown. There were several very wealthy and I am blanking on. I don't want to see the wrong family.
Speaker 2: John say.
Speaker 3: They left there. They let their maid because she was young and could have a family, and they let their people go on, and he and his wife stayed and perished together, holding hands. And I thought, oh, and they weren't the only ones. They were quite a few.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was like the old cast system, like when you were in Europe, and so they'd be the king, but they were responsible to feed and the earls. They were all responsible to take care of a household of eighty people. It was like having employees. So they made sure they took care of their people. And that was kind of You wouldn't get that today. Could you see him giving up the he Milania give.
Speaker 2: Up Listen, the president would get in drag as much as he's to get. I bet you he throw a wig on quick. Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, I was thinking what we were talking about, the transgenders. I was thinking in the military. You know, the I'm going to be rewriting everything. I was thinking that they're just I to get a clinger, remember cleaner back on match. It's not like anybody is as avert as that so is. You know, really, this is where you gotta go.
Speaker 2: We are facing a lot of crisis, you guys, because now they're going to try to appoint what is her name, good God, Chelsea Gabbert very extreme, uh publicly have went over to the other country to meet with people that was not on our watch at the time that she has to do a lot of explaining to it is going.
Speaker 3: She's putin sympathizer. He got a bunch in so he got this week. He got Marco Rubio as Secretary of State. He got John Radcliffe as the CIA director. This one it hurts my heart because I'm an animal lover. Christyome is the Secretary of Home and Security. The dog shooter, you suit a puppy, a one year old puppy. She shot him because he didn't hunt. He wasn't a hunting dog. There were millions of people in the shelter that would have taken that dog. You'd have to kill the dog. The dog wasn't a bad dog. He just didn't do what you wanted him to do. Pete heag says. John Duffy is the Secretary of Transportation and Scott Assent is the Secretary of Treasury. That's what has been cleared. And you know, we have many miles to go, you guys, as we know, so I remember a lot of them. Chelsea. Gavin's is a dangerous one.
Speaker 2: This is only the first week of his presidency for the first four years, where they are trying to actually institute a bill to possibly have him do a second term another term after this one, because they're trying to change the rules. But I want you guys to do me a favor out here and laugh and learn land They said, please listen to Donald Trump speak for more than four minutes. I promise you. I want you to sit and don't say anything. Listen to if he gets a chance to speak for more than four minutes, and remember all the things that they were throwing at Biden that Biden was his mind wasn't there. He was a little incapacitated. I promise you. The mirror is right up on Trump. You just got to listen to it and pay attention to it because it's right there.
Speaker 3: See Joe was always quick, quick witted, he was slow and what he was always deliberate he got to think about probably from the stutterroom whatnot. But so we saw that more in real time. You want to see somebody age, Let's see what how he is in a year and a half.
Speaker 2: You know he's gonna play golf on some week on your tax dollars. Because he goes and play golf.
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do wheelhim in the wheelchair.
Speaker 2: He goes and plays golf on his own court. That costs the government tax dollars, our tax dollars. So we're playing for him to vacation every time he decides to play golf, because he plays golf only on his resorts, on his golf courses. Oh my god, the gangster is real. This is going to be a very scary and interesting four years. He has all branches of government, he has the Supreme Court, and he has the police in his pocket. So please be careful, please be cautious if you can avoid anything. I'm asking black brown women being everywhere to please be cautious and with this whole, with these ice rays, which is barbaria and scary. Save your money. But with these barbaria ice rays, I've read somewhere it's alleged. I'm not sure if it's true that they have people dressing up in fake ice outfits and accosting people. You don't even have to be Latino or a Mexican or Honduras. You can be brown and they're or black and they're just accosting you. Some people make it to the ice stations and allegedly some don't. So I'm just telling you in the words of Jaan TTJ and keep your head on a swivel, and you need to really research for the ice. You need to research what the real ice outfite look like so when you see it, because if you to the naked eye that you don't know and you ignorant to it, you just think, oh my god, I'm being attacked by an ice worker, when it can be somebody who's racist that will take you off and end you. So just be cautious and be careful because we don't know what's going to happen. But you got to be responsible for you. And sometimes if you feel it like it ain't right, then it's probably not right.
Speaker 3: Go with your guft, you know, they're saying, don't open the doors. There is certain so because this isn't something that affects me. I have I've listened, but I don't know exactly what the documentation is. There's a certain warrants that they have to have, they have to carry it with you. They don't have it close. Do not open the door to them, tell them to go get it and then make your getaway or figure out what you're going to do. They are, but they all five hundred.
Speaker 2: I said, don't open the door anyway. I'm bit about not opening I can talk to you, I can hear you through my door.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, absolutely so there so they're I mean they have thirty five hundred that are right. I mean one of the places to me, that's easy. I know that the super progressives aren't going to be happy with me, but for saying this. But if we if a person has come here into this country and they're already here, we're going to use the word illegal, even though it's you know, migrant. They're not supposed to do. They didn't come the right way, they didn't do the documentation whatever. So you already have eyes that are on you. So if you have decided to do to commit a felony, and you've already gone through our legal system and you're in jail serving your time. I have personally no problem with ICE taking those people and sending them back to their countries because I think now, this was like five years ago. I had read an article that was in the Boston Globe and it was talking about it was talking about private privatization of the of the the prison system, and I believe the amount that they used was forty nine forty eight excuse me, thousand dollars a year to house an inmate. Why have us pay that? You know they can do their time in their own country. You know their own country could make the decision.
Speaker 2: Well, to be fair, body did we how did we co? Did we come over here? Legally?
Speaker 3: I didn't rape or murder or or like steal something over a gazillion dollars?
Speaker 2: Trust me, you know well, you know what I mean, You know what I'm saying. I'm not saying that I know better my people did.
Speaker 3: My people came in the twenties and they had to wait for a number, and they come over on a boat and buy people. I can only speak about like my immediate people and my family. So I understand the need flame. I'm not saying I mean, it's terrible, but so you're here, it's already a gift. Don't commit the It's not like they're stealing a loafa, a loaf of bread and they have a you know, ten year above sentence. We're not because they wanted to feed their family. We're talking about big, violent crimes. Okay, I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: I have to tell them, well, the way they're the way they're looking at it, even if some of them haven't committed crimes, they are just on a rampage.
Speaker 3: So I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: You know, that's all my cleaning lady, My cleaning lady. I'm worried about. You know, she's a sweet, sweet woman. I'm worried about her and her family. I just don't I don't like the fact that some of these Latino people voted against their best interests and now they're finding out that that they this is real what he's he may not follow any of his real policies that will help the American people, but the ones that will hinder the American people, Oh guarantee, he's going to follow through with those. So what we would have to do is stay alert, stay aware, be cautious, save as much cash as you can because cash will be keen and we will be living because everything want everything to go to plastic. But I always have to have cash because it's tangible a double.
Speaker 3: You know, if we don't have somebody picking our vegetables, we don't have our service workers that are unloading the trucks. Do you remember when President Biden enacted like a quick apt to get all of the they were all by you. They were all on Long Beach, all of those boats full of all of our services that we had nobody to unload the boats. And these are some of the people that we brought in to If we don't have these people, I'm loading our boats, driving the stuff to our stores, loading them on, checking us out and everybody's everything's going to cost a fortune. You think nine ninety nine is going to be a lot for egg, You're going to be lucky if you have half of an egg.
Speaker 2: Well, luckily I went to Costco yesterday and they have twenty four eggs or seven sixty nine. I got forty eight eggs. Anyway, listen here at laugh and learn whatever we find out. We would try to keep a breast. You please send your ideas and topics and anything questions that you have to Laugh and Learn podcasts on Instagram. So it's at Laugh and Learn podcast. Bobby will get it. And you can also send us a Clifford Bobby on Instagram or Bobby Clifford on Facebook and me litteral o, me my flame momro everywhere in Monroe Flame on Instagram. We got a lot to cover, Bobby. We have a lot to cover because there's always going to be something to cover.
Speaker 3: Is going to happen on Thursday, right and then so and then I'm like, well I don't want Thursday because I have the next one. Like trying to catch the information, like uh, buckling it up is tough for this because everything happens either the day after or the day of the trying to do a really good pet job.
Speaker 2: You have one more topic. What was your topic? Bobby? Oh?
Speaker 3: So the one question that we did have, somebody was asking about the executive orders we started, and then I had a choking fit. Everybody, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Bobby's gag ref what it used to be.
Speaker 3: At all. It's like completely shut off. So the President comes in he could do an executive order. Usually you want to do it on something that you believe can be passed in the in the in Congress. You know that will make it through both ways putting things in. And we were talking about Joe Biden his student loans, and of course I thought they were great because I have student loans coming out my rear rand. I have, you know, fifty plus thousand at my age that I'm still I'm going to be retired ten years and I'll still be paying student loans. But so I thought it was great, but not everybody else thought it was great, So including Congress. Not enough of the people on both sides. So you can't get everything. He's going to find it out. So he can't go in all the stuff that he's going in with his beautiful signature and a stroke unless he thinks he can push it through. It's sort of a waste. And anything that goes against the Constitution is really silly and.
Speaker 2: Will go again. They will go against it because they would think they're going to lose a job. Yeah, listen, he just fired that. They just removed the general merely.
Speaker 3: Oh he's trying to Yeah, he's trying to do take his stripes or something. Yes, it doesn't work that way though, but just.
Speaker 2: To hear it, Bobby publicly makes people other people afraid that, oh my god, he's going after a general. He's going to so they think that he has this, like Kamala Harris said, this unchallenged power. And they don't know. So you have to pay attention and you have to read. You have to, like Bobby said, don't read one article, read three articles. Find out from a newspaper, find out from the internet. Yes, even for what we say, make sure that we backed up because Bobby be on those edibles, she don't be knowing what she was talking about sometimes. But anyway, whatever we do that we will keep you here informed at Laugh and learned, to keep your breast. We appreciate you. We thank you for joining us here and here at Laugh Learn. The motto has not changed, will not change because it cannot change. Here at Laugh and Learn. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because.
Speaker 3: Why Bobby is, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 2: And ladies and gentlemen, we cannot waste any more time because we are in a crunch. We are in a dilemma, and we are in a pickle because you guys voted wrong. I said, I'm laving on somebody. Yeah, you guys voted wrong. So we got to deal with this. As long as we have to deal with this, and things are going to go up. Food is going to get tight. We're gonna have to really get tight with our money. And when I say that, yeah, food prices are so high, we all have to learn how to make soup. STUW still gonna go a long way these next four years.
Speaker 3: It is will you make everything sing right? And you can have Remember when I was a kid anyway, there were no meat meals, you know, and you'd make a roast chicken sing. You'd have the roaster chicken, and then you might have croquettes were a little bit of chicken. When in you'd have sandwiches. I mean that chicken would be you know, you'd know them intimately by the time that you threw the bones out and they would be completely stripped. And I think that's where we're gonna unfortunately, that's what we're gonna have to get back to.
Speaker 2: Well, this will be our life and we will keep you abreast right here on Laugh and Learn. Thank you guys so much for joining us, and we will see and hear from you on next week. Be safe and they tell them what's going to happen in the next seven days, but we'll be here. Reported to you face. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, ALI Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you guys, this is flaming road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and Learn.