Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor sat De Montree Moore, and New He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 3: It's Victory Monday here at the Star, Priscoe to WBC Podcast Studios. This is the Players that's brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. In the house, Anthony Dorris said, is here. You've got Trey Moore in the house. Barry Church is here, I have NEWI scrugged. Lots to talk about Dallas Cowboys, a lot to talk bye.
Speaker 2: What they say, excuse excuse me.
Speaker 4: They got slid by.
Speaker 3: Just came across that stage overtime for the home opener as we were all all of us were well, almost all of us were ready.
Speaker 2: Door set.
Speaker 3: You had a twenty eight seventeen Cowboys, Church, you had a twenty eight ten Cowboys. I was boo, boo the fool with thirty one sixteen Cowboys. Way off, jeez, Trey went with the Giants twenty eight twenty. Ain't gona lie When Druss through that bomb. I'm like, it's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Long the move.
Speaker 4: If this man done had the weekend? Sweet, you got sad?
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought I was Saturday the Aggie's win.
Speaker 2: That's what I was like. I was sending over that message in the group. I said, man, don't get too excited. I said, Oh. Then it started to turn into a shootout. I said, I told him it'd be at the past game. Now come on, But going on it, you know what, Unfortunately I made the wrong decision. But I'm good on that because for you, that gives you another fighting chance and go back, want to go back, want to go.
Speaker 4: They better get nine more people in here on.
Speaker 2: That man. That was tough. That was tough. Better to be close by.
Speaker 4: Russ out there.
Speaker 3: Let's ride, Let's ride fifty cooking out here for laying, shopping and dicing.
Speaker 2: Y told all y'all in attendance are frying. It might have been wide and the guy had charged the whole media. She said, y'all better not sleep on him. And that boy looked like vinceus rusts out there. What he said got that second window life?
Speaker 4: And how many yards total passing?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 4: Four hundred almost five hundred yards, so.
Speaker 2: Here he had eighty something.
Speaker 6: He he went crazy, man, and see this this this It was a combination, in my opinion, okay, combination with the mind being that led to mister Wilson out there having his store. What is it year fifteen would have met This was a combination of not having somebody to get after the quarterback as much as they had in the past.
Speaker 2: Now, gonna we ain't.
Speaker 4: Gonna keep talking about it. We ain't gonna keep bringing that up. But I think that was a fact team right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was better fact. And you saw it.
Speaker 7: Russ had time back there, and I think we talked about it on Friday.
Speaker 2: You know, Russ, he ain't what he used to be. But if you get a man time, he.
Speaker 7: Can still have the ability to dice up a secondary and that manhat.
Speaker 2: All day every day back there to throw his little long moon balls and killing it.
Speaker 7: So that's that's part of the equation. And the second part of the equation to me was the secondary because it was to me, it looked like it was simple. I know for sure one of them was covered three and it's just you know, cover three is cover three.
Speaker 3: Since Little League High School middle states LAYE. Cover three for the listening.
Speaker 7: Cover three is basically in the back end, which we're talking about the coverage point of the linebackers.
Speaker 2: In the safeties.
Speaker 7: Your two corners at the outside corner and the other outside corner, they're basically mirrored. There's a mirrored defense. Left side and the right side are mirrored your two corners. You're doing the same thing, but on the opposite side. Your two corners on the outsides are responsible for the deep third, the deep third from basically the numbers all the way to the sideline. That's the deep third for your corners on both sides.
Speaker 2: All right. Now, the other mirror.
Speaker 7: Part is you got your will linebacker on one side or your nickel on one side if it's eleven personnel, and you got your down safety, which can be your strong safety or your free safety. Now their responsibility is that you're breaking down right now.
Speaker 2: The cover three, which one of the.
Speaker 7: Bombs, I mean, you can put a lot of bombs down there, say your choice free safety or strong safety. Their responsibility is the curl, which is you know numbers the hash in that area. And then you got your linebackers, your mic whateverever. The other linebacker that's sitting there, and they're responsible for the curls. Now that middle of the field safety, the middle of the field safety, and a D you understand it is like just like I do. You are responsible for the deep third now deep middle, deep middle third, deep middle third. Like I said, the corner has one third, the other corner has the other third. Your deep middle safety you got one two. You are between the numbers, for sure. That's in the middle between the two numbers.
Speaker 2: That is you for sure. Now the coaches will tell you.
Speaker 7: And from what I was playing safety is you gotta have that red line, which is six yards from the sideline on both sides. That's what your range is supposed to be. When it's a deep ball like you, you might not make the play, but you should be there to bang, bang, hit, all right, That's that's what you're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: So basically in cover three, like you expect them, you say, hey, you can carve me up in cover three, but Cover two you shouldn't be doing You shouldn't be doing that. And that was another it was but as a D lineman, the fact that two run through.
Speaker 7: But this cover three, at the basis of everything You're supposed to be the deepest of the deep if there is one, even.
Speaker 2: Just a one receiver.
Speaker 7: See, you supposed to be as deep as the deepest, no matter what, keep everything in front of you. That's what they did a great job against Philadelphia, keeping everything in front of them.
Speaker 2: For some reason, we got the deep middle to feel safety. Eyes in the backfield.
Speaker 7: You ain't got no run for support you fifteen yards deep? What you gonna do helping the run right there? Eyes in the backfield slowing down your back pedal. Neighbor skates right value. Now the corner ain't helping you know what I mean? He wasn't squeezing. He ain't do a good job squeezing.
Speaker 2: But you gotta what they say, Church, you gotta help yourself to help yourself get deep. Three deep?
Speaker 4: Did you take it? Responsibility is just the deep third period, you know?
Speaker 8: And so when we when we discuss, like so for everybody out there watching, you want to figure out, like what what would be can of the deep route?
Speaker 2: Anything like?
Speaker 8: It depends on the team a lot of times and and the way the scheme works. But in cover three, anything over like ten to twelve yards is considered deep. Okay, So from that standpoint, like it turns into basically man within the zone, especially if you only have one threat, one threat meaning one receiver in that zone. So with that being said, like it's it's a what they call the center of the defense.
Speaker 4: To get beat deep in cover three, it's a shin period. There was a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Jesus Lord knows they was pay time.
Speaker 2: You let them get behind you like that. Again, don't mess with the Golden bulld he prays everything one look around. He's looking.
Speaker 8: You can you can see them looking at each other like you're gonna get there, but there and then and then on top of that, once you make that turn and you see that the safety ain't giving here.
Speaker 4: As a corner, you gotta have some sense of urgency.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you gotta have some turning turning, burn turning nobody That that's a I say, somebody corner you going like this, I said, somebody running and set somebody and was like looking like where's my health at this? Like that's that's the role.
Speaker 7: You You don't never throw your man under the button like that. You don't like you look like always his his fault. They're like, na, you don't do that man, sand.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 4: But that boy must have been a fool up laughing. You said, you know what he said, I was lying. He just said, boy, you cald you a lot, laughing because I remember Kansas City was the playoff game.
Speaker 2: Something dirty.
Speaker 3: He's like he could have been. He'd have been a great NBA player with the spurs.
Speaker 4: You know, dunking like sand.
Speaker 2: You know always you know those people that know that they did the thing right and somebody did something wrong and be like, hey, coach, I just got a quick question if you wanted to play it like this, like I just want to dirty if I did do like that scamm up like hey, but it got him paid. It got him paid. He did what he needed to do. But to be advocate, as much as y'all talk about the secondary, you should have known that what type of stars it was about to be, Like, yes, people got beat on those covers. But like the one play where I said Diggs was right there and like you said, bang bang you ready to punch, Like he threw a good peanut Tilman in there and Malik just hit him with the big bottom was a player on the field. When it's like, bro, you messing up. We shooting ourselves in the foot. But then on top of that, he's us. They got up to a certain level of confidence where it was like, hold on, I can sit back here. Hold on, I'm back in my Seattle days. This is what got us to like, hey, I made my name again. Yeah, they rolled, but didn't hard enough. And then.
Speaker 7: I'm what y'all thought about, because I know for me for a certain I used to hate like anytime they had some type of rotation going like in the secondary. Im I don't even bring that over here, Like I don't know if y'all do that on that side.
Speaker 4: But let me get my zone, let me get rolling.
Speaker 2: Dirty man Russ was you know.
Speaker 4: He was cooking, Yeah, doing his thing? What what was the whole Let Jackson dart up in here?
Speaker 2: I don't understand that at all.
Speaker 7: That that blew my mind, like to come in here and run a read option like come on, man, you got your man's cooking.
Speaker 2: Let him cook and he can still run. Like it's that weird. Don't don't don't force, don't force the issue.
Speaker 8: They got to get that dude something the city like, like from what everybody is wanting to see some Jackson dark after the preseason that he heard he was.
Speaker 4: He was like, you know, like the next best thing up there.
Speaker 8: So and you know, like Russ, Russ has some room to play, but let's let's keep.
Speaker 4: It one honey. He ain't got that long leave to be out there, and he was having a career.
Speaker 3: You look, that makes me wonder about his management had.
Speaker 2: To be general. You know you already know it was because like as a coach, especially like I coach a little league right now, like if it's good, I keep it going. It's good. And just like you said, as a vet, you've been the guy where it's like yo, you can either be the guy that said, hey, things are cooking and I'm letting it go, don't break this, or you got to say, hey, coach, let me build my momentum into this. And so for him to have the day that he was having and you just threw him in here, it.
Speaker 4: Was like, so, man's this guy.
Speaker 3: That's players, So you all three not or Russ is out here cooking doing this thing. And then you know Dave Ball does that. As players, can you ever go to the coach and say, hey, we got something going, can we please.
Speaker 4: Keep this going?
Speaker 2: I mean, because you got a big enough contract, you can or you're are you're a Skendric and you have favor were favor lives. But no, no, it's like Bill Parcells said, if my rookie year, Tom Kofflan had him come in there to us, I'll never forget. In training camp, he said, hey man, we had our starting quarterback and we had the backup quarterback. Starting quarterback was the way backup quarterback will sleep after he slept. He fired him on the spot. This was his week to get his shot. When the media asked him, what would you do if that was your starting quarterback, he looked at him and he said starting quarterback woke him up. He gave him a pillow and said you need a blanket and put him back to sleep. That I've told the story before. That's the same thing with talking about certain things. Certain people can go in there and talk about the schematics for the week and all that, and coaches listened to him, and then if you're that guy that don't have that pool, you bet not okay.
Speaker 3: So that Elik Neighbors could have gone, hey man, I'm rolling. We got to chemistry.
Speaker 2: I mean we should have cal We saw.
Speaker 4: The offensive line and they bench.
Speaker 9: Be mad that had the odd dascy to go out there and be mad that he got bitched all the way he did. I was like, penalty awareness, What are we doing that with Denzel Washing?
Speaker 4: You think you could do this to me?
Speaker 2: He was a back up to begin with. Right now, I'm gonna be here with you. If they had, if they didn't have the injury that had the starter was out, he probably would lose his job today, Broke, How many times have we been in there and it'd be a bubble hairline fracture of a game and it's like, man, how do we lose this? We had over one hundred and some.
Speaker 4: Yards sixty yardsty in the first half.
Speaker 2: You got four of them in a row. Let's go about it.
Speaker 4: Slapping cats?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no. Hold on. In his defense, his technique might have been horrible, but I get what he was doing when he slapped him, Like that's the draw technique, Like you get the D line and the Bata upfield and tiring used to be the meanest one to do it to hit you with that grizzly paul in the back of your back. I under that and that. But the next one that was it was completely uncalled for you being on the ground and he tugged you. You just lost the cool you dove him into there, like the whole thing that that was unexplained, the fall start because you mentally, that's mentally like I was a backup. I gotta make it up.
Speaker 4: And then you put a scene out there on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Know your role like that was terrible. He better think that they got injuries, because I promise you if that started was coming back this week. Oh that boy, because.
Speaker 4: Man, could you imagine what his like.
Speaker 8: Just imagine his people watching, you know, like because my mom was with the people that watched.
Speaker 4: Of course you're gonna watch every game.
Speaker 8: So if I did something, got in the fight in the game, that's the first person I heard from.
Speaker 4: Like, are you serious? You out you're acting like that?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And not he's out here totally acting.
Speaker 2: But that's but but you gotta remember you grew up in the days of accountability. You was in the days of accountability. I was on the back end of the days like I'm right there, I'm at that twiner stage where I got to see both of it. We all know what as soon as you go there baby, you didn't do nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: So as a player, if you on the sign and you see this, do you say something or you just watching watch him?
Speaker 7: No, the ogs in the off the line gotta get at him and like, yo, you sit.
Speaker 9: Down, bro, Like, like I ain't gonna say that on the defense because starting they're already on the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah I'm off through, so they're already on the field.
Speaker 2: But so they gonna catch you doing that next break?
Speaker 8: Who ye got it? They're not even line. Yeah, it's normally. It's normally like in every room. It's gonna be a leader in every room, you know what I mean. So it don't matter who it is on the offensive line, Like at that point in time, now he couldn't get checked, but yeah.
Speaker 2: He could have. Bro. Like, it's not even.
Speaker 4: If the rest of the starters are on the field.
Speaker 2: But you can get checked by your defense or your your defensive started. Because all the good teams that I've been around, it wasn't like only offense talk to this person. This starts talking to that. You're gonna have like the good defenses because what are you on in between that you're making your adjustments and stuff, and you're making so much of a scene that the other coaches are like, hey, we might have to come interrupt you on this and that a defense player gonna tell you sit your aid down and let us get back to it, or like handle that better or something like that. It don't have to be the raw rod get on them and stuff like that, but you're leaders. You're real leaders. They either get on you until you get out the way, or what do they do? They save you from yourself and say, hey, I know you're in battle, but step back, Brolet just what does.
Speaker 7: The leadership look like when you got a backup player making that type of scene, like, come on, man, like.
Speaker 2: This that's what nobody. Nobody said nothing to me.
Speaker 4: And that's what's bro Let this man go crazy.
Speaker 2: But also with that being said, your president is kind of already been set, Like we understand certain guys that are passionate and those players during the game, but then you also understand those players that you kind of earn the right and we let them do that because we've seen it two weeks in a row from the elite neighbors over there or like I wasn't pout, I just got to what he said. I got arrest in b face or something like this. That's not you're not talking about it.
Speaker 8: The first round draft. He's been giving the crown already, were talking about my nabs.
Speaker 9: That's mister penalty.
Speaker 2: You're right, you made you made that President. But if your big guys are doing that, and if I'm a guy that, hey, I'm a starter this week like and I think my stuff. Don't think he's been doing it. I've been doing this. Like we just voicing our concern. You don't see nothing wrong with it. That's wow, it is wild.
Speaker 3: Let's hit a break and when we come back we talk about starting center Cooper beb time and the newest member of the team today, Bion Clowney, who they signed.
Speaker 4: During the game they realized how bad things were. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Please please, I will do it next dor set more church scrugs. This is the Players about You by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey, their Cowboys Nation and yeomans here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare.
Speaker 10: Brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vipy.
Speaker 11: And the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge, the countdown to Game Day starts with Rally Days presented by seat Geek. Behind the scenes look at at and T Stadium. Meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni, play games, win prizes and more. Get your tickets today at at n T dot com Slash Rally Days.
Speaker 7: You're gonna put my boy in there like you're.
Speaker 3: A lounge Crat Gaming, Barry Church, Tray Moore, Anthony dor Sat drugs.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. That's my dogar man. There it is, there, it is that's it wasn't It wasn't a good aggie whoop. It was one of those shout out to my boy. Donald also had an interception in the game. He did when they say that the racer wasn't good enough for the other stuff, yeah, hey, you talked about it, they say, we talked about it. You can have these erasers where coaches be like, yo, hey, you needed that to make up, but it ain't good. It's just like the knack that or the knock that people said back, Like with Trayvon Diggs after you had the year that he led the league with interceptions and stuff like that, it was like, you're either going to get an interception or you're gonna get beat. As a coach sitting there telling you, like, hey, bro, one eraser throughout the year is cool, but you do have multiple races. I couldn't do that. Can the liability excellent?
Speaker 4: Excellent?
Speaker 3: All right, Anthony door set it's the offensive line is now. I got some troubles because Kobeebee is going to miss six to eight weeks, so go on injured reserve here. So what is your concern level as they get ready to face the Chicago Bears and in two weeks Green Bay Packers come to town.
Speaker 8: Sir, Well, you know, looking at this week coming up, hopefully with the replacement of whoever steps in there, we'll be able to get some decent reps. Okay, so there he is, So hopefully he'll be able to get some decent reps this week, but it's not going to be anything to prepare him for what's gonna happen next week. All Right, it's gonna be a totally different get down, totally different. Uh the way that the Green Bay is gonna come in here and play is it home? Yeah, so Michael gonna have them boys, So it's gonna be something totally different. Now what you what you get out of though, he actually gets a chance to get some to get a little bit of uh, I guess you could say camaraderie and a little bit of unity with these guys in this week to put some stuff together.
Speaker 4: But you know that's that's gonna be a big miss.
Speaker 8: But the offensive line has been playing much better than any of us expected them to at this point.
Speaker 3: So six six weeks, say you miss the Bears, Packers, Jets, Panthers, Commander's game right there.
Speaker 2: In that Commanders, how about that game? You need them?
Speaker 3: So that one, then Broncos and so, and then you're looking at Arizona November third, so possibly, you know, you may not, may not if it goes longer, getting back until November seventeenth.
Speaker 4: Against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: But just looking at you know, in six games gets you in Denver on October twenty sixth, and then the the Arizona game is a Monday night game, So just just looking at that and now having to throw brock hoffin in here and play. And Brock is not as big as as BB, and BB's been a good football player for them, So so here's this. I think this is a challenge. And this is nothing against Brouh, but BB was really starting to come around and play some good football that you want at the center position to make the calls, have the kind of chemistry and camaraderie. I asked Dak about him earlier too, about that, and then talked to BB last week. So to me, I think this is I think this has big. I understand football fans, you don't pay that much attention to the trenches.
Speaker 4: But the center is a very key.
Speaker 3: Piece of an offensive line that makes the calls, gets things going. He and Dak have to have a rapport also, just something as simply as snapping the ball back and shot gus.
Speaker 4: These are challenges.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I had them challenges this week with my flag football team.
Speaker 2: Say, that's the second most important position on the offense, socide. People think like, oh, it's your playmakers and this and that. Really in some offices it's the number one position because for the long time when you had guys like Jason Kelsey and stuff like that control the pass protection, calling out the mic, the wheels and stuff like that, Like you don't realize that it gets what they say. It starts in the trenches. And so yes, your quarterback is getting in there, but how does he receive it? How's he going to get that protection? And it's a lot, it's a lot to put on him for it to be the first week that he comes in and for you to have them, if I'll be nervous.
Speaker 7: To me, is concerning because BB, like you said, he was on that track, that trajectory, you know, to where he was becoming his own type of center, Like he was a Baller, he's a beast.
Speaker 2: But Hoffman, I mean, he's no scrub.
Speaker 7: You know, this is a guy that has played with the Cowboys when they have injuries in the past. He's one of those guys that you want to have on the offensive line where you're talking about going into a foxhole like this dude is scrappy, all right. This dude wants to fight every single snap. He's pushing guys. Kind of reminds me of Incognito a little bit besides the other crazy stuff that he was doing. But on the football field, he's one of those scrappy guys.
Speaker 2: He's experienced, So.
Speaker 7: I'm not I'm like, okay, Man, it's gonna be the drop off eight too significant between Hoffman and and BB. Now BB was on his way and then the gap was widening. But right now, I don't think it's too crazy of a of a drop off between the two. But what concerns me though, is the up and down flashing the pan that we got from these two tackles. Those are the guys that gave up the sacks last week against New York, last game against.
Speaker 2: New York exactly, so you know you're too questionables and now you have a possible Like you're saying, I hope he comes in, But I'm saying what I'm saying is Hoffman he gonna. I think he was. You're more confident in Hoffman than you are.
Speaker 7: Then the two edges a healthy started because I mean, Terry, he was up and down, gave up the sacks.
Speaker 4: Guidan gave up the second we talked.
Speaker 2: One of those sacks he got chipped into.
Speaker 8: But but we talked about they It wasn't just giving up sacks to anybody.
Speaker 4: Like the New York had a decent d A lot was.
Speaker 2: Cast. They was playing.
Speaker 7: Barnes was he was, he was out, he was playing out of his mind.
Speaker 4: This this is a formidable team right here. This this we're talking about that.
Speaker 3: That's the thing they had that d lion and and these guys got after and they had they got after it. And I'm like, you know, Philly, nobody got kicked out.
Speaker 2: So that's that was concerning. Even you saying it's not a drop off, we admit that that is a drop off. And between Hoffman and and yeah, Hoffman and BB and who they got this week? You set the Bears right, We got the Bears. Okay, we're technically we're all it's safe to say we're looking past them as a threat. I'm looking I'm talking about d lion wise.
Speaker 4: Why can't look past nobody.
Speaker 2: You can't look past nobody. But if it's me, like if I'm Micah, with everything that I'm doing right now, I'm starting to get my stuff ramped up. As a defensive lineman, we know our people. We know the guys that we saw stuff the year before and coming in and coming out. He's sitting over there saying, oh, BB got hurt. Oh it's going down. I know his weakness. He been there. It's the reason why he's not the starter. It's a reason why he didn't take that leverage in that lead to where we're about to expose him. You got him Rashan Gary over there like, but they're exposing of the tackles the way the way that RG plays. They they use him as that roverback. He comes off the ars, but he'll blitch you right up the middle. He lines up over the three technique like they move him.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm worried about Chicago this week. Packers gonna be the Packers. That's a whole another ball game. I mean, you just trying to figure out how to get this w because this is this is a must win too. You can't give this one away. I mean of the limited ten you have, Barry, I'm sure we done.
Speaker 2: To nine now.
Speaker 11: Game.
Speaker 4: It's a part of your nine. Part about nine for sure, right, And I don't care what you guys played in the league.
Speaker 3: And this is one thing I have in covering the league for for you, dang thirty years.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing, sir.
Speaker 3: Oh and three teams facing facing all three, they gonna fight you. They may not win, but the Bears are going to be facing oh and three at home.
Speaker 4: They gonna come fight you.
Speaker 8: Dallnaston's showed today, ain't got We keep talking about culture and identity and it has to be established we don't. There's no identity here. We've seen the Cowboys play too. I guess you could say to the caliber of the the last two teams phally, they tried to play a good game to come out here with something that.
Speaker 4: We thought would be something a little bit easier with New York. And look what it is.
Speaker 8: It's a gun show. I mean, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. There's there's no way to actually see or be able to tell what this team is going to be able to do week to weekend.
Speaker 2: But you play play, you played a good feeling. You play probably the best New York that you're gonna see this year, like maybe maybe maybe maybe to be.
Speaker 7: The ultimate equalizer, and this is you got to be able to run the football that you know only. Not only does that alleviate stuff from Dak Prescott, but it gives an opportunity for that offsive line to give some aggression to it or not just kick back and look me just getting the rush and all that stuff. And the Cowboys's past two games, they've proven that they have the ability to run the football. Now a lot of that is Davonte Williams just throwing casts off for him, but they're averaging, you know, a healthy amount when it comes to rational football.
Speaker 4: So if they can establish that, I think that'll alleviate a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the pressure from this opposiblity. I don't think that they have though, Like with the play calling, like we've seen it from Shotty, Like it's not like he's going DVD like I think he's doing a good job of switching got the balances are building that confidence. I feel like as long does he keep doing that when he comes in. That's the main thing, making sure you give him that. I agree with you and knew it. I wanted to ask you that, Like you said, you talked to Deck like what it was his what was his vibes when like knowing now that BB is going to be out there, he give you a sense.
Speaker 3: Of like hey, no, no, this was all just kind of confirmed up here today about it? Was it so so being interested to talk to him on Thursday? But they last week and I talked to me both both players. You know, there's a comfort level there. One good thing is Detroit ran for one hundred and seventy seven yards on thirty attempts against the Bears last week for sixty six yards of carriage.
Speaker 7: I mean, ain't ain't got no gizz, But I mean that's that's encouraging you.
Speaker 4: You want that, you want that. I'm gonna tell you it was kind of scary though.
Speaker 8: And he ain't even balling right now, but Caleb outside the pocket in the way that this secondary is playing right now, that's true.
Speaker 4: That that right now to me is a little bit alarmed to day.
Speaker 2: You know, holy that thought.
Speaker 3: I like that, that's true if Caleb can do something something because they have receivers in Chicago.
Speaker 4: Dive into that.
Speaker 3: And also is Jadavion Klin again help because he should be making his debut for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: He needs help.
Speaker 3: Dorset, Trey Moore, Barry Church on New he Scruggs. This is a player's lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: Mm life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Gap.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: It's game day and raising cans.
Speaker 13: If you want to order like a child, it's action off the field.
Speaker 2: You need to focus on.
Speaker 13: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available.
Speaker 2: To order online are on our app.
Speaker 13: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising Caines, chicken fingers.
Speaker 14: One love, Hey Cowboy Fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys Safe.
Speaker 4: Keete Davis hif the amsol you.
Speaker 2: Know what separ ation Hampton from the rest.
Speaker 14: Making the right move at the right moment with blockchain dot com, that's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icub with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the players loud. Are you a Cowboy super fan? The search is on for a twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan Now through September twenty ninth. Nominated an extraordinary NFL fan dynamicduell game changers who will help rep the Cowboys with pride and turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent out to Super Bowl sixty in her to win an NFL dot Com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: Two day that reads smooth and sup look at look at love it? Love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, man basketball coach, when I was in high school, when everybody cut up and we had a lot of athletes to make everybody read the Earth Boy, that's the Humbling nothing like boy, what not like when they had to start reading dummy.
Speaker 4: Hey seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Huh, we'll pay seventy seven on my bad.
Speaker 4: He brought you the book.
Speaker 2: Oh it's right here.
Speaker 3: I remember one time somebody somebody read the words stomatch.
Speaker 4: Instead of stomach.
Speaker 2: That'd be the worst thing. The boy, everybody's gonna laugh at you. But don't have that one guy to know how to crack. You shut up and you read yeah and you mess up to coach, get.
Speaker 4: The coach ranch.
Speaker 3: That was I was done, Coach Tram glad you you got you getting it good?
Speaker 2: What do you say you had to sit down a little bit? Hey, I just been You want.
Speaker 4: Coaches getting the boy getting it? You got me?
Speaker 3: I got my stuff right here back in the quarterback miguil Gil had to go.
Speaker 4: Boys like you are get ready.
Speaker 2: I used to paragraph a headlight. Let me next sure, let me.
Speaker 4: Right him through this.
Speaker 2: You to call me like who wants me to call?
Speaker 7: And you start looking like looking away, that'd be the show show, all right, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Be Anthony door set church structed.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's let's get this out of the way gradually.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to you. You were corrected by camp running so forty five yards?
Speaker 2: Was it? Yeah? It was thirty thirty yards?
Speaker 4: Aful Make sure I correct right? Forty five yards forty yards.
Speaker 2: But also he had he had.
Speaker 4: On his hive his forty five yards. He had on his eleven cares and he.
Speaker 2: Had a tuddy but like I said, he had his clergy collar on. He was baptizing people. You might have you might have been seen six yards, but two of them on the way there in the son spirit.
Speaker 8: Now I'm going down like that, that one man bringing him down. And then when he met uh the Booker in the hole, what do you.
Speaker 2: Say, Gordon boy? Y'all don't know. That's German for helllou, but that's it. Yeah, he did. He did what we thought he was who we thought he was. Was it going to be amazing? But he was going to be that that Bell cap almost as.
Speaker 7: Good as Bell took a loss.
Speaker 3: That Speaking about Caleb Williams, Billy used to pocket Jay and clowning signed by the Cowboys during the game.
Speaker 4: How bad it was?
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, look here's here's three point five Bill, please take it.
Speaker 2: Send the photo? Game? Is he that during the game you get breaking You're watching the game and they like, what is this? I remember we talked earlier this week that you like those numbers, like can we make this happen? Like that was the control all delete.
Speaker 8: These negotiations go with with with Clowney and Jerry did they go to Was it different than what they was.
Speaker 4: Mike and everybody else?
Speaker 1: How Jerry?
Speaker 4: Jerry liked to talk to the player. How are you talking to the player doing the game? How you do that?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, y'all heard about Sally Thomas bowling? Boy?
Speaker 7: Who does that boy with an indictment on you know, making short clown is in the building?
Speaker 4: I don't know, like because your interior is doing.
Speaker 2: Solomon clark O that and the crew it is. If if I'm a if I'm an edge guy being a d lineman, if breaking news gets signed that somebody's coming in there one, you're already on high alert. Oh you brought somebody in here, And we didn't just bring somebody in there. Every Tuesday you got that guy. But then they got announced in the middle of a game, like we just won. Like you couldn't need least wait because we all know in the front office, the coaches ay, next week, we got to have this guy in next week, were gonna have this guy. For it to get announced in the middle of the game. They wanted it to be known. They wanted if I'm looking at it, nothing gets out at the Cowboys unless it's supposed to get out. This is one of those organizations, you know what they want you to know when the time is right, and for that to be announced that early, I'm like, oh no, he ain't coming in here and taking my chicken, not my big You know, after the game, you check your phone, you check everything. First thing you see at the first and the first thing you're gonna do is now who he takes.
Speaker 4: Look, nobody should be surprised.
Speaker 3: Surpris Russ out here going fifty out hit balling, playing, chopping.
Speaker 4: Chopping screw So no, no, nobody sit right you look you look out Sam, you know Dante, Yeah, he's coming for you, so you know you are.
Speaker 2: My question is was it the defensive coordinator or was it somebody in the front office that said this have to be done, like because you know how in the middle of the game, where the coach would be like, you ain't playing.
Speaker 3: Clearly, clearly, bro First off, it all around here, Okay, it's all the top. It's not even coach ain't got even he did wanted when when the man says.
Speaker 2: They said he's seen another here you go.
Speaker 4: What happened? So I got time?
Speaker 3: Way he feels trying to act like he's we're gonna sign. I don't know, guys, Jerry already talks. He SI, okay whatever Jerry says, all right, but he was like, still right, let's tell you how this worked. Jerry had told us, were just asking you what you think?
Speaker 2: We already know. We just wanted to quotes.
Speaker 4: He was trying to play we're gonna do we know we are?
Speaker 2: So what that being said? Do you expect him to Are they going to have the Micah Parsons approach as far as getting him out there this weekend, like hey man, you know just we're gonna have you on a pitch count or is this gonna be like, na, we need you to get out here to the wolves like Kenny Kenny, like Kennedy.
Speaker 7: He came in, I think it'll be a pitch count because he didn't have training camps, didn't have a training camp.
Speaker 4: Pitch came with something pool this.
Speaker 2: Wow that was a sign. Okay, Oh yeah, that's what tracker. Sorry, my wife brought me to tie up to where if I lose my phone and stuff, like I lose my stuff, I lose my wallet and my phone all the time that I had to do that you have to.
Speaker 4: Blame my phone all the time we're playing games. Man, lay my wife.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you look, it's the tie up like if you if you press it twice and the click and you lose your phone. There it is.
Speaker 8: Man, you ain't getting no, you ain't getting no money for no, ass don't be don't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't doing that. I was trying to come on, ask you this, asked you this.
Speaker 7: You played in the second yary and this was a rough This was a rough game for all included in the secondary.
Speaker 2: Horrible, horrible, It was horrible.
Speaker 7: How what was your what would your thought process be or how would you bounce back from having such a you know, display like they did against the giants because they you know.
Speaker 4: Four hundred and eighty passing yours.
Speaker 7: Everybody was on there, Like, what's your thought process going into that next week?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 8: So I've been through something like that before the night that unfortunately Bredfast father passed away. He came out there and lit us up in Oakland. Yeah, I mean, and it was it was to be a part of it was like it's the longest night that you can ever imagine, you know, But to honestly bounce back from something like that. Man, it takes, it takes. It takes a lot of work throughout the course of the week because.
Speaker 4: We're not We're not playing anything tough out here. We were. This was all zone coverage, you know.
Speaker 8: So with that being said, I like, I like to say it was the talent or was it the technique?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: And so with neighbors running by people like that, I definitely think that you know, like, well, he's probably fashion than everybody we got in the secondary. But how do we improve? I mean, we go back to the basics, and I mean like literally, like there has to be some accountability towards.
Speaker 4: Correcting technique this week.
Speaker 8: It just can't be all about scheme and and everything else like that. We got to get back to the basics. We got to make sure our eyes are right. We got to make sure, you know, we gotta make sure the technique is right. We got to do the stuff just to make sure that fundamentally we are sounding the secondary moving forward. Because that right there, like one of the things I was thinking about, Like I was like, what is the defensive goals? Like what if they set up to say, okay, like we want to we want to stop them from scoring. We're going to allow fourteen points a game. We want to keep a team under say two hundred yards. But you know, like where is it a because to get some basis of that will help me understand like what this team is actually thinking.
Speaker 4: They could do too as well.
Speaker 3: All right, before we run out of time here, we got to pick some games. All right, pick some games here, just so we all have an understanding.
Speaker 4: Trey, you only picked two games last week.
Speaker 2: No no, no, I sent it to Chris Bain to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I got on you brother, you oh for too? Yeah yeah, so maybe one I.
Speaker 2: Few, Hey did win some of those picks I sent there.
Speaker 4: We'll have to do that later. But right, well you went Washington, how you starting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very very you went Washington Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to win that Giants.
Speaker 4: So yeah, BC, you you got jack, your Jags let.
Speaker 2: You down, man, ball man, what they doing?
Speaker 4: You got it again?
Speaker 2: You do again? Man?
Speaker 4: Man shout at Danny Dimes. He lost. I ain't going with Oh you went Denver twenty.
Speaker 3: Dorset, you went Denver twenty you went, I went twenty three twenty one in So I got that many dimes.
Speaker 4: We all got Pittsburgh wrong many times.
Speaker 3: You guys both got you Dorset, Church, you got Philly.
Speaker 4: I took cands here. Yeah, Church, you took Atlanta to win.
Speaker 2: Horse took Atlanta to win.
Speaker 4: I took Minnesota and lost. Let's do tonight some wins.
Speaker 2: I picked sincey Denver, Philly and Minnesota and New York. Oh no, I lovet New York.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll do that later.
Speaker 6: Because you so, I send you all the games, and you forgot to do Seattle at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: So I take that as an now too.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah, oh you can't give me everything.
Speaker 4: I will show you the tag.
Speaker 2: Look look at what CP said. I responded to everybody right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we got Tampa. We got Tampa at Houston. Houston's two point favorite. Give me Houston to win twenty one twenty Trey, what you got?
Speaker 2: I got Tampa.
Speaker 4: Okay, got score.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna copy you twenty one twenty go the other way.
Speaker 3: That's what Cappa is Hampling, All right, Church, give me, give me the bank show, give me the bag show twenty four fourteen fourteen, Yes, hey, so you got you got faith in Mike keevs Eggy believe his people.
Speaker 8: What you got, I'm going, I'm going to Tampa Bay right now for that offense is cooking. That young boy, that young receiver that they got out there, what's his.
Speaker 4: Name, Abuka mechan Book.
Speaker 8: He putting it on him. So I'm gonna go. I'm gonna say twenty seven, twenty four.
Speaker 2: Twenty change my twenty four thirteen. But I did say Tampa, don't say you did?
Speaker 4: Got tag so tonight now you're following him.
Speaker 2: Twenty four I said twenty four thirteen.
Speaker 4: Twenty fourth. Third, it's a different than mind mess with you. You get strongly a big show, baby, I told you strong all right.
Speaker 3: The Vegas Raiders three and a half point dogs to the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Trade what you got I got.
Speaker 2: I'm going. I'm going with Pete over there. I like what them and Gino is doing. They got some grit. I'm gonna go with them. Seventeen to thirteen. Wait, wait, who they gotta get.
Speaker 4: Charge Chargers and a half point favorites in Vegas.
Speaker 2: In Vegas, actually just gonna head. I give them to Tubs, I give him to Toes.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead. Ride the raiders.
Speaker 2: What man that's like?
Speaker 7: Ye do anybody saying with boys?
Speaker 2: What happened last week? Going? I'm gonna run last year to go. I'm going fourteen twenty one, fourteen to the one man. You be heard, man, we heard he ain't got killing, nohing. We heard the boy man. You see Philly struggling by the way, give me heard man, the seventeen heard?
Speaker 3: All right with your church, I'm going going with Jim Harbaugh Herbert twenty six twenty.
Speaker 2: I want to put ten come in, push up on. Thanks, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Trey will talk to you the next time.
Speaker 3: Anthony dors Do got Bury church drugs, Chris being Josh and by.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Winner, good night tomorrow later.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club