Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because, let's be honest, br in, earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That let's crush Earth School together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy, Oh boo, you have been traveling? Uh boo. I don't know. I don't know. I didn't have anything to rhyme with that. But you've been on the road again, like William Whalen.
Speaker 2: Don't know who that is?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings on the road again. Okay, I can't. This episode's now over.
Speaker 2: Well with the last names, I know who they are. That I did live in Texas.
Speaker 1: I know that's true. You did. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm actually in the middle of five weeks of travel. Yeah, it's a little Cuckoo right now, Yeah, for real.
Speaker 1: That is a cocoa uff ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Cuckoo. I will tell you that it's a lot for a witch. Yes, it is for home a home body witch.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I I can't lie. I actually think for me that COVID was a reminder that I like, it tapped into my my half of my introvert side that I'm still holding onto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's recovered from COVID. Let's real. Yeah, and you, my alf well, i've been off and about. What are you up to?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been out and about. But we're gonna talk about that next week because I want to talk about you this week. But right now, to talk about me. I has say that I was so inspired, slash obsessed with our episode about aliens that I started watching this show on Netflix. I know that's what I do. You'd be like, oh, I've picked up a book. No no, no, no, I just hit play. There's a show on Netflix. It's actually a Sci Fi Network original called Resident Alien. And but here's the thing. They got some stuff right they did, Like, yeah, they go through a whole I don't remember where. Listen. I watched it on airplane. But I did watch it, but it's with blurry eyes. But it was They went through kind of like the different types of aliens, and it was funny because they hate somebody's like, oh and there's gray aliens and some but I think you called them like, yeah, they're the last holes or something like that, but they went they are the last holes. It was very funny. So somebody who actually knew what they were talking about.
Speaker 2: Somebody knew, did they talk about the praying mantis? Come on?
Speaker 1: They sort of but they didn't call it that, but they But the main character is actually an alien who could like slither into a human body suit. Because we all know aliens amongst us and how they're so foreign to things and anyway, I.
Speaker 2: Just really they don't laugh at our jokes.
Speaker 1: Oh that's no. I mean, for real, you you might it might be worth you downloading it on an iPad and watching it's on Netflix. I don't know. I can show you how to download shows later if you need me to for when you travel, because you know, well, because I know I'll walk you through it because because for real, like the way they had the main character laughing was like like he had no idea how to laugh. There was no sense of humor. He was very literal for real. Somebody knew something about aliens or was one who decided to do was exactly right. But that is not why we're here today. But you did ask how I'm doing, and I was obsessed over our other old, older show, like the one we just ran. Yeah, it was great. Okay, So you were in Estlin. I love New Goo to Estlin because we get to do recaps. So I know it's a journey a for you to get there. I also know something always happens, like always, you never not have a story.
Speaker 2: The land of magic and chaos all woven together.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have questions. First, so did you happen to see the natives in the water? Were they in the water before? Is that where they were?
Speaker 2: Yes? And no? I mean, first of all, they're everywhere, right, because I remember I saw them before I went there. The first time, I couldn't forgere what was on the edge of my meditation. I'm like, what is that? What is it? It's like it's like almost like a dark cloud on the edge of the edge of my meditation. I'm like, okay, that's that's beyond my normal scope, So I'm not going to worry about it. It's out of my sphere. I'm not going to worry about it. But it kept getting closer and closer before I went to Eslin for the first time, and then and then, and then when I got there, I realized it was the Esselin tribe right that that literally came from the mist, close close, close, once I was actually there, but it was like they just wanted to check me out, make sure I was legit and I was going to be worthy and that was going to be this and they would test me, they would test me, and they would they would mess with me. So now I know before I go to Eslin, I have got to get my act together and I have to pay homage to them and tune into them and share my curriculum with them and get it all sanctioned so that they can help bring in the students like literally as there was. Actually it was really interesting because there was a break in my social support the weeks really like two months before I went to Eslain, and the class filled like that, even though I had no social and I swear it was the tribe. I had no one working my social not me, not anyone else.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're gonna be the Surgeon General's getting ready to put any warning on social media. So it makes sense that the tribe was like, you know what, we don't need you to be on the social warning stuff. I think that's that magical, right, because I think we talked about them a lot last time after I performed my high school boyfriend John his son's wedding, because I saw the it was the O Sage tribe, right right, I've seen multiple I mean, it's it's pretty special.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's pretty special. Yeah, so I started engaged.
Speaker 1: I love that so much.
Speaker 2: Sure we're all on the same page, and so we can we can do the magical.
Speaker 1: I love that. So did you meet anybody like you always meet? Because all students are fabulous, but sometimes there are some that surprised you. Did you have a surprise student?
Speaker 2: This school around, we had so many surprises. We had a couple of students join us. Halfway through there was one other class going on and up until like Tuesday afternoon, they can switch classes, and so we had two students join our class because of what the other students were telling them about the class. There's just like I know, I'm like because they like stalking me outside the classroom, like, are you the teacher who wants to know? Like I didn't know what there was about, So yeah, that was fun. Yeah, come on it. They said the class was full. Well technically it is, but i'd love to have you in class. Just come. We're going about to do our first meditation. If it's your thing, let us know, well we'll enroll you. If it's not, then you can go back to other class, like, you know, whatever, what about you know? I don't, don't you know. It's just sweet. But there was one particular student who was very quiet and a bit of a bit of an elder sort of statesman sort of vibe, and he he didn't like, I don't think he's spoke in class until maybe the afternoon of the second day, or maybe even the third day and whenever, you know, because it's a large space, we make sure people have microphones every time they speak so people can hear them easily. And so he would say at first, he's like, frenda, I can't believe this has happened, but I wrote down a specific phrase and then you said it, and he said, this has been happening all week, like when I write something down that I'm inspired to write down, and I just like, I want to go back to and unpack it, and it's what I'm feeling, And within thirty seconds it's coming out of your mouth, like, how are you doing that? How is this even happening? You know? It's so sweet, but it was such a great example. So I could tell the students like, y'all, I'm up here talking, but I'm not teaching this class by myself. Right, I've got I've got my guides, I've got your guys, I've got the Esslin tribe. Like it's all happening, right, It's like, this is how what working with your guides actually looks like, you know. So it was really it was really sweet. And even by the by the third and fourth day, he's still saying, like, I just wrote down giant heart and I barely get done writing it, and you're talking about your beloved who has this giant heart, you know what I mean. He's just like, I don't I know you told me, but I just can't believe it's happening.
Speaker 1: So wait a second. When you talk about giant hearts, you didn't talk about your co host elf.
Speaker 2: What the fuck, I do use.
Speaker 1: You used to use uh what was that? Shut up? Wait, shut the fuck up your little fuckers or what I used to say you fuckers? Yeah, you fuckers. I think is kind of my claim to fame.
Speaker 2: And yes, that's for class and the wild Child car.
Speaker 1: I love that guy and I love that he because here the thing that I that what I love the most about it is of course, the event that happened is like just makes my heart go pity pat. Yeah. But the part that's so cool is that he said it out loud, and when you actually say something out loud in that environment, you're gonna learn so much more.
Speaker 2: Right, and everyone is inspired by what he said, and then they start thinking about it. I can do that, and I thought about that, and like they get everyone gets their experience of firms in some way.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: So why don't we take a quickie break because you have more stories and I'm so excited to listen to them, So everybody will be back in just a quickie and hold on all right, y'all, we are back with the Wichy Poo and her stories from Essalyn And Okay, I just have to say, Yeah, I got to confess I know these stories, so I'm going to do my best to prompt my WITCHI poo because they're amazing. And this story and it's actually when you arrived, right, like, so what do you tell us about? So you arrived on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you know it's traveling to Eslin is it's a bit of a test itself. So traveling from Cincinnati, you know, I'm up at five and catch early morning flight and then get there around six or seven by this Pacific time. Right, So that's and then I start unpacking and this and that, and then I realized at some point this room is going to be tough for me to sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait it takes you. That's I just did a little bit of math. Is that fifteen hours?
Speaker 2: It's like a fifteen hour community Okay.
Speaker 1: When I lived in La I could get to Hong Kong and that amount of time. Okay, continue, you are sack, You're tired as hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, yeah, yeah, fairly fairly vertical, right, And I have to teach at seven thirty the next morning, and so I'm like, oh, and anyhow I ended up justin who's one of my assistants was not with me, but managed to arrange for me to change rooms because the room I had just wasn't going to work for me, and so I changed rooms. So I'm in on Estland on the campus. It's called the Murphy House, which is where they recently have put staff, so the staff can stay together and they can talk to each other, which is nice because we never got to do that before. We were sort of in these separate kind of houses, individual houses, and so the staff all stays in the Murphy family House because it was the grounds, you know, were they own the land. And so.
Speaker 1: Now we're like a cruise ship, you know, like when you work on a crusehip. State of bon.
Speaker 2: I did not know that you do, but no, it is not like that.
Speaker 1: So I'm just visual. I just want a visual for everybody, that's all.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely home. And so anyhow, I ended up going upstairs to what would be considered the main bedroom of the family house, and that's where they put me on Sunday night. And so now it's about midnight a Pacific time. So I've been up a while and I'm dead duck tired, but I'm settled in I'm ready for bed, and you know, I'm getting ready to teach at some thirty in the morning to do a staff session, not for the class, but for a staff session. And so I close my eyes and I see. All I want to do is see nothing, right because I'm so dead, deck tired, And I see these beautiful faces radiating love, and I do not recognize them. They are not part of my inner tribe, my outer circle. I don't know these faces at all, but they are so welcoming. I can only imagine that they are part of the Murphy family somehow, in some way. So I acknowledge to them. I'm like, thank you. I can't talk to you now. I will check in with you later. Got to sleep, got to sleep, like thank you, right to shut it down, so like, you know, set my boundaries and fall asleep. And you know, anyway, wait, I got a question.
Speaker 1: Can we look up? Would you recognize the faces if we saw Oh.
Speaker 2: I definitely would recognize the face. Okay, maybe they'll look them up. Yeah, And you know I would, I say that, but I would have to look at them because it was more of the feeling like it was just such a radiance. It was such a radiance, I can do that. But yeah, it was really sweet. And of course the next morning I get up and I'm teaching holding this really sweet staff session. So sweet people are people are so kind, like just you know, curious and kind, and it's like that's why, that's why it's worth the hassle to get to Estlam because the people are extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Well wait, I want to roll back a second, because I never like to miss a good lesson. I've learned so many that I want to make sure I can see them now that and I think it's I think it's really important because so many of our listeners have shared with us how you know, they are at different parts of their journey, of their spiritual journey. And I know for a fact that we have some of our listeners that have a hard time shutting things down. So it's very natural to you to have the wisdom to know like, oh, this is what I need to do. It's like, thank you so much, you're very lovely, but I've got to get some sleep because otherwise, well, because it's that balancing right of the spiritual realm and what we have to do on the earth realm right.
Speaker 2: Right right, and really such a good point my life. And this was a strong lesson that ran throughout class. Interestingly enough, right because the guy's literally the spirits are literally taking care of me, like, hey, we're going to make sure you know. This lesson really of close and personal to be able to hold those boundaries because I was physically not in a strong place to be able to engage with, you know, spirits I'm not familiar with. On the other side, now my guides I can work with. You know, it doesn't matter how tired I am, because I know the frequency. I know we have an agreement, we know how we work together, and you know, there's no there's no threat there, right, But the spirits I don't know, can come in, you know, in all kinds of shapes and forms and change like that, even radiate love and then not be so much. But this this family was clearly clearly very attached to this space.
Speaker 1: But isn't it funny though, that that was a theme that went through the It was interesting. I think it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting because it was something that just kept popping up. It just kept popping up, and we hit really hard on the last day and ended up to be this huge conversation.
Speaker 1: It was did you happen to share with them that this event that happened to you that no, you didn't know the next day okay, well hopefully it's yeah.
Speaker 2: I I also like to leave space for their question, right because they're you know, because that's that's the thing, come to share. So anyhow, so yeah, so the next day is Monday, and I'm out and after I finished in the morning session, I'm out and about and I should actually tell it just a little break back up.
Speaker 1: I think we should actually take a quick break. Okay, can we do that? We're going to take a quick break and because listen, the whole thing is, we could actually you and I talked about this for hours and not even take a breath, much less a break. So we're going to take a quick break so everybody can follow along with us. So we'll be right back, y'all. So hold on, all right, y'all, We are back. But I just want to I just want to say this up front, because you actually told me about this prior to leaving, that you actually had you had an astrology reading right before you left, and so do you mind sharing with everybody because this is all related? This is just crazy shit. And by the way, people who are readers also get readings. I just want to say that out loud. Oh gosh yah, not for me, but from professionals, so not so I want, so, anyway, do you mind do you mind sharing that I'm kind of putting you on the spot about what it was?
Speaker 2: Well, of course, of course. So so this reader told me a lot of a lot of things. It was a very great session. And she said, you know this and this and this opening up blah blah blah blah. Oh, there's one thing, a thing I want you to watch out for this one day. This one day is like just be really careful. And I'm like okay, okay, and I'm taking notes okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And then like ten minutes later, I'm like, wait a minute, I'm atin that day. Shit.
Speaker 1: I've never had anybody tell me to look for a certain day. By the way, so that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's astrology, right, that astrology will do that. It's like and and and I said, so like, like how bad is this day? Like do I have to cancel teaching? Like how bad is this? Because right the roads were collapsing around Esselon and there was down to one lane, and like, I'm like, how bad is this? Like a that's one going to fall in the ocean on.
Speaker 1: That by the way, all fair, all fair, are fair?
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's so real. Plus it's June and that's when you get the most train and like roads can wash out and I can't you know, and help, blah blah. So I'm like, how bad? How bad is this? She goes, well, you know, a couple of for a couple days after, like just just really pay attention to go. I don't know, it looks like you might fall or something. I'm like, fall, that's not really something I do. You know, it was in my head. I'm thinking, I don't not really someone who like trips and falls, but I do get pushed around sometimes, but you know a lot. But other than that, Yeah, that's actually I do do. That's the thing that you don't fall, yeah, rarely, and that is after I bang my head.
Speaker 1: But you're a head banker, y'all didn't.
Speaker 2: Know, that's right. So so anyhow, so it's my day afternoon and you know, talking, and I turn and the ground goes out from underneath me, literally grows underneath me, and I had my phone in my hand. I just threw it to catch myself, and I caught myself like hands down, clawing the dirt as my feet are dangling behind me. The gravel is literally falling down the cliff. I was like, what the house is going on? And I just like stop and froze. And I was so glad I caught myself, and I was lucky that my phone was still, you know, on the side of the cliff with me. And I was just like, oh my god, I wonder if that was it okay?
Speaker 1: And not for nothing. The language you just used you have used for years that I've known you, and you've used them, and to row when you talk about when you what card is it? But you know where I'm going When you say either the ground will fall beneath you, when you will learn to fly the food, it's the fool, right, and it is the right. And so it's interesting that the language you use was that of your fool in some ways maybe I mean, maybe you were down in a different past. But it's interesting that you telling the story you used actually your language for that. So I just had to stop, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It was not aware of that's the thing. So anyhow, so that was that was just.
Speaker 1: And you wore genes, which you never wear, and thank god you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was time of my health. I really it's not my garment of choice, but I did have them on, and thank god because they were.
Speaker 1: I've never seen you. I've never seen you were genes, and I've do you for a very long time, and that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they were totally.
Speaker 1: I mean, we used to wear those going out, like to all the gay bars in Dallas because we did fall a lot, and we went falling for very different reasons. And we knew were wise enough to wear gene because we would muck up our legs. Yeah right, like never wear paint and like never wear like tights or anything like that because you're just gonna screw it all up. But no, we wore jeans. That's why dinnim exists. So at least you had the wisdom to wear denim. But I think the cool part though, of your store, I mean, that's interesting that the astrologer was so bright. I hope you told her. Okay, well you need to tell her. She just mouthed she didn't, And I have to tell you it's so important to tell those magical creatures in our life that when they get something right, to let them know so they have a confirmation. Whatever, you can send her a text, but I'll shame you more later.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: But I think the end of the day is fascinating.
Speaker 2: So from there, so then I go ahead and teach the afternoon session in the evening and it's just so much fun and everyone's just landed and it's really sweet. Head back to my room, make some adjustments for tomorrow's class, and because we're all in the Murphy House and we will be really respectful of each other. I haven't air pods. Listen to a podcast, and you know how sometimes a podcast ends and it rolls into the next episode, and sometimes it jumps podcasts and all of a sudden, you're listening to a podcast you haven't heard of in a really long time. Well, it's that kind of situation that I was really whatever I was doing, I was doing and I didn't feel like going and changing the podcast. I just let it play while I was wrapping up trying to get to bed, and the podcast was about this guy who used to work for the government. I think it was the FBI, and then he and you know, they had a long intro and then they had this then he gets hired to fund and got funding to develop research on remote viewing. And now I was like, oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Got an episode of him. Actually I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there were a couple of ones, because this is one week had different Oh yeah, yeah, it was a little different than than the one that they made the movie about, but it was like the same topic but a different sort of slice of government. And so anyhow, I was like, oh, well, this is kind of interesting. I'm a little more interested now. And so they're talking and the interviewer asked this man who I don't even know his name is. He says, well, how did you get to how did you get to have that funding? And he says, well, Michael Murphy from Esslyn. And I was like, I stand up straight, I'm like, what's going on? What's happening at the fun of all the podcasts in the whole world that I could.
Speaker 1: Be learn there are millions of them now.
Speaker 2: Billions, And I'm on I'm in the Michael Murphy room bedroom, like the main bedroom of Murphy House, and I just start giggling because you cannot make this up. And I'm like, thank you to the Murphy family. I get it. Thank you, thank you for bringing back back around so I could close the loop on this, and thank you for helping me with class like it was. It was so sweet. God, I love that.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing. The messages are you know, all of yours that you got there are so incredible, and even messages you got before that actually happened. I mean, again, you're prepared by at least we're in jeans because there's some things we can't avoid, Let's be honest. It's like, you know, you're careful enough. But I think that the podcast one is fascinating because I'm sure I brought this up. Is you know, when when Mona had jumped, she was in my car, she was in my iPod at the time or whatever the hell it was her iPhone. She was in my computer and she kept going in and playing the Psychedelic Furs song Ghost in You. And it's like, so when I hear your story, it reminds me and I have like this warmth about Mona just messing with all my electronics and it's like and it's just such a I'd love that and so I encourage people pay attention.
Speaker 2: Pay attention, you know. And if I had been been all antsy, like oh, I don't feel like listening to this podcast now, I would have missed the blessing exactly.
Speaker 1: You would have absolutely missed the blass. Yeah yeah, And so I love that. I just I love it. I love your trips to Esslyn. I love your stories from Essla. I'm sorry you fell.
Speaker 2: I completely forgot about it, literally until I got home, because the class was so.
Speaker 1: Rich and you but you packed jeans, which was weird, but it was just like, I mean, when your guides just kind of lead you over to the closet and grab pair of jeans and throw them in there.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think that's that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And you know these I love. I love when we have story time because I think storytime is when every gives everybody a chance to kind of reflect on their own lives and reflect on these types of moments, because the moments that you experience, let's be honest, they're no different in terms of the other types of moments everybody else can to the blessings, right, those moments that like just you know, can bring a smile or a look of terror I guess on your face, or just the you know, acknowledgment of you know, the divine at work. You know, whether it was the young man that you talked about in the beginning where he would write something down and you would say those words within minutes of when he wrote them down. It's like, oh, no, we're all in this together, so we're all connected. And I just love this so incredibly much, and thank you so much for sharing your stories. One of these days I'll eventually.
Speaker 2: Go, I know, and you will love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh are you kidding? I'd probably like go hide somewhere so nobody would like find me and to kick me out and tell me to go home.
Speaker 2: It's gonna tell that they're gonna party. They're gonna say, yeah.
Speaker 1: I seriously want to go, and I will. But I loved it. So thank you for sharing yourself and thank you for teaching. You know, it's like if we didn't have the witchy Poos of the world, a lot of us would still be spinning in Sherman Oaks then opening a portal. So thank you for still no thank you and I'm and I mean that with all with every cell in my body that that's so important, So I will speak for all of us listeners, Clash your host that it is crucial. So thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's my joy and honor. So thanks for listening everybody, and remember our school is.
Speaker 1: Hard without your witchipoo Esayn and the other Side and podcasts. Thanks everybody nicely played.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey pat and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard who guides us. Will we guide you?
Speaker 1: Hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, We want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories. And remember, our school is hard.
Speaker 1: Without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the Other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.