Speaker 1: Hellotle, my gorgeous humans. It's your friend, Lala Kent. What is good Jessica Walter?
Speaker 2: Hi, Lala Kent.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling happy today.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: How is your weekend?
Speaker 1: My weekend was awesome. Okay. I went to my friend Janet's engagement party. That was fabulous. I took Ocean with me. I'm that girl who was like, you have a baby in a bar? You have a baby?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: What is that from?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I took her and she loved it. She loved every minute, she loved the music. She was a vibe. She was the most popular one there besides the bride to be Okay, and then thank you mom my. Mom brought in a sweatshirt for me, closed the motherfucking door out. I'm just kidding. I love you. And then last night I had a really fun time. I went and had girl time. Okay, I want to talk to everyone about what my girl time consisted of. But before we get super into that, I want to remind everybody that I'm going on tour. You're welcome. I'm going on tour. We're gonna start in Irvine, California. Then we are hitting Fort Lauderdale, Clearwater, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, and Dallas. I'm so excited. The tour is going to be amazing. It's the Give Them La La brand new tour, very interactive. We just had a meeting with the tour management and talked about everything that this tour will consist of, and I'm so excited for the segments.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, Lalla is bringing it on this tour. If you don't have your tickets, buy them now. Because I was like I was sitting in on the meeting freaking out of.
Speaker 1: Everything she was saying she was gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We it was like I had it in my head and then we put it down on paper and we were like sitting there having these really good salads, and I was just like, Bam, this is what we're doing this segment. And I literally had chills. Everyone else had chills. I was like, I'm a fucking genius and everyone coming to the show is going to have such a fun time and I'm going to have such a fun time with everybody. Yes, So if you do not have your tickets yet, go to give them live dot com and if you purchase tickets that were for the old tour. Those tickets are still valid and I can't wait to see all of you because I love you so much. Let's talk about my girl time last night. Let's hear it. It was all about sex, love it all about it. Okay, So there were five of us. Katie is obviously married, so and then the other girl just got into a relationship. So the three of us were newly single, like newly single, and you know, it gets weird. It gets weird when you've been in a relationship for a long time and that's the sexual partner that you know, unless you're a fuck wad and you creep around, which I do not unless you haven't asked. Like Ariannas, I'm tapping that ship. I'm just kidding. But I'm on a roll today. We have a listed Gorgon on the podcast today. I have. I'm like on a roll you are. So I'm sitting here talking to these fine ladies about being single and like what sex is going to be like, and we're very open about it all. You know. It's like I felt bad for the waiter, not so bad for him there at a restaurant and the first thing that comes up is Oh my god, you guys, I have not had sober sex with a new partner probably since I was seven. I was sober when I lost my virginity, but after that, yeah, I'm a drinker girl, Like I'm a bag of fun. Okay, but I've been sober for over three years and I had the same partner for almost six of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then before that, you're saying most of your sex was when you were drunk or a couple drinks in like what is no.
Speaker 1: Like meet the guy, look at him, the eye contact. Yeah, few drinks, and it is on. It is on what you want to do? Tell me? Yeah, throw me into a glass window. Awesome, Awesome, We're ready. You really don't do that. But I was like, whatever, I'm down.
Speaker 4: Because and you feel like that alcohol. You don't feel like you would have been like that if you were sober.
Speaker 1: Well I know for a fact, I wouldn't be like that because I've had sex sober, oh, which I couldn't wait for it to be over most of the time. So maybe that could be it. Okay, all right, yeah, it probably was it. Yeah. So not only is it that, like I'm going into new territory where it's like I'm going to be banging it out without an ounce of alcohol in my system. Yeah. However, I think it's gonna be fun because I've been like talking to a few people, okay, and I'm like, I fucking got it. Yeah, you still got it? I still got it.
Speaker 2: You think it'll be fun? What do you think the difference will be?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I love nipple play, okay, And I'm a little concerned because do I warn the dude, like, hey, I lack tape. You could be into that if you are go to town put it in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or do I tell like, do I tell them that that happens so that they can say, fun, I'm gonna try it out, or like avoid that area reight my mouth? Maybe they just want to do a little Hong Kong.
Speaker 4: I definitely say I would say something because here's the two things. I feel like, it's a win win. Number one, you're telling a guy what you want sexually. Always a win, always a win right. Number two, they might love it and they might it might turn them on. And number number three, if you tell them and they're not into it, then there you go. No one's shocked, No one's accidentally getting milk squirted in their face.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, no, I know, and I get suited. Like, to me, that's a turn on, Like when I think about like a dude there, Yeah, that happening. I'm like, that's hot. And it tastes like almond milk. It's really good. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Does it squirt?
Speaker 4: Because I had no idea, Like I think you mentioned it and I was like, wait, you see you're still lac taba.
Speaker 1: Oh if you got a grown man's mouth on there. Yeah, he gave a good pull. Oh it's gonna get's shoot it. Yeah, it's right. It's like a little tiny it's almost like you a pinhole in a balloon. Yeah that time, yes, where it's like yes, yeah, that's what it's like.
Speaker 4: It might be honestly a turn on more than you think, Like Kyle, he can't wait until I'm pregnant because like he's like, I am going to town.
Speaker 1: And it free.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, that's so strange. I don't want to watch you do that. But you're saying like that's something you want to watch.
Speaker 1: I definitely want to watch that. See.
Speaker 2: I think it's Valley more of a turn on than you think.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm into that. Yeah, but the other thing is Jess, And I'm gonna be so vulnerable right now. I feel like I'm I'm ready to like the texting game is where it's at, and like I'm not a weirdo, Like I don't sext, right, I don't sext I'm thirty fucking one, right, I'm a grown ass woman. Yes, we're not sexting. If I want to sext, you just come.
Speaker 4: Over right, you might touch it, right, I'm not gonna pretend, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't do this sexting thing. I can flirt and I can give like the cute little like that's the direction I would like to go with you in my bed, right sexting though it ain't happening. Of better things to do? Where was I going with this thought.
Speaker 4: We were talking about talking about you said, I'm gonna be very vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I don't think I'm like I'm still in this zone of like I can text dudes or whatever, but like I don't feel right about leaving my kid behind to go on a date yet, Like I'm just not there And there could be people that say there's nothing wrong with that, like you deserve to go and do that. I just don't want to do that. I'll take time away from ocean to go with my girlfriends and like blow off some steam and have girl time. That I will do. I feel like that's good for my soul and my heart. A dude, I don't know about all that right now. Yeah, but I have a consultation about getting these tig old biddies done, okay, right, okay, right, and I'm excited for that. Once I get some new fun bag twins, I may be ready to roll out, right right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yes, suh, I'm interested in that. Okay, I'm interested in that. Would you say you're getting your boobs done for yourself or men?
Speaker 1: By the by the sound of it, it sounds like I'm getting my boobs done for men. But it's getting my boobs done for me because then I you know when they say kids suck the life out of your boobs if you choose to breastfeed or if you're even able to, they literally suck the life out of them. Like I got some I got some cute little boobies, right yeah, but it looks they they're they're small now, they're they're not the boobies that I had before Ocean, and they for damn tarn't the boobies I had when I was pregnant or breastfeating Ocean read two hours. They were massive, massive, and I loved them.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're getting them done, well, I mean it makes sense here.
Speaker 1: Myself, and then I'm gonna be generous enough to share them. To share them fine ass men?
Speaker 2: So do you think that's the only thing holding you back?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, well, I'm not comfortable going on dates now because I think I'd get horny and want to have sex and like, my boobs aren't done yet. Do you think once you get your boobs done, it's like go time or do you think it's just it's it's too much?
Speaker 1: No, I think you would think that by what I'm saying. Definitely, I'm all over the place today. No, but it's good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm going to break it down because I like like making funny jokes, right, but for real, mentally, I'm not there. Okay, once I get my boobs done, I probably still won't be there, but I'm excited for that.
Speaker 2: For me, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the bounce back. It's like, ooh, there's nothing hotter than like a hot mom. It's like, right, she's fine. Oh, and she's like a human being, right, Like she popped a baby out of that cookie, right, bad ass?
Speaker 4: I know, and there's more hot moms. Maybe it's just like I don't know, I feel like there's more hot moms today than there has ever been, and.
Speaker 1: I don't want it. We don't even have to pop that out of your own cookie. It's just like when someone becomes the mom, it's like you are suddenly the hottest human I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Right, right, And I think that's great. Confidence is the hottest thing.
Speaker 1: I just want boobies. You just want boobies.
Speaker 4: She's saying that to someone who's like has like ten times smaller boobs than her.
Speaker 1: I've seen your boy. You have a great ass. And I asked my gusbands. I said, how long do I work on my ass before I say fuck it? I'm injecting it right? What did? What did? They say? They're like, give it three months? Three months? That seems kind of low.
Speaker 4: I love that they like that answer, because I would have been like, oh my, it's getting it's looking great. But the gusbands are like ninety days and then go get it in if it's not looking at the way I want.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I mean, who knows. I'm looking at all these Mommy makeover things right the ass though I want it as its own planet. But I don't know that I have that build. But when I see those girls with those huge butts, I get so jealous. I'm like, it's so hot.
Speaker 2: Well, your butt has grown.
Speaker 4: I feel like in the past two week, like there's all of a sudden, You're leggings and I'm like, whoa, what is going on back there?
Speaker 1: Well, because it used to be flat as bored, so I had the I had such a bomb booty when I was working out, and then at twenty weeks I was placed on bed rest with ocean. I couldn't maintain working out anymore. And then you have the kid and we go straight into film me and it's like I'm tired. Like the last thing I want to go and do is work out right now, right, So I'm just starting. I think it's been like two weeks that I got in that I've been in the gym.
Speaker 2: But it shows, but it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to keep my flat stomach and grow a fat ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if any of you guys know how to do that, can you please call me at one eight sixty six D or if you know a good doctor who can inject this flatty, I will take that route if necessary. I will do anything for some tigle bennies and a big booby.
Speaker 4: Updated on that in ninety days exactly three months.
Speaker 1: After three months, if I don't see Kim k results, we are into the doctor perfect. I love it. So I have a really dope guest today, Melissa Gorga. I have a crush on her, I do. She's so beautiful. She's beautiful, yes, and I love her husband Joe. I love their dynamic. I love her as to see her as a mama and just like their family is.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know you have hot moms. How many kids does she have?
Speaker 1: Oh, she is a hot mom. She just three and they're like grown. Ye're grown. So I'm excited to talk to her. I want to, you know, dig into the new season of Real house Sives of New Jersey because I'm a huge never met a housewives franchise that I didn't like. I watched every single one of them, so perfect. I'm a fangirl. Before we have Melissa Gorga the foinest on the podcast. Part one of the Vanner Pump Rules Reunion aired last night. Part two will air tonight. It's definitely juicy. I've seen both of them. There are things that I want to address because obviously, you know, we filmed for a really long time. You gotta chop everything up and make things not really make sense. But what is the the most entertaining of everything we filmed? So some of the shit doesn't really like add up. Right, It's like things were said and I'm gonna spill the tea on why they were said. I said what I said. Oh, so there's that. Next week, I'm going all out on segment one of the podcast. Oh, no one is safe, Jessica, No one's safe.
Speaker 4: So next week you're going to talk about reunion part one and part two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. That's just a little teaser. Just a little teaser. And you know what, don't come for me unless I send for you, all right, she said it. These hoes want to go toes and then when I react, they don't like it too much. Yeah, well, we'll see how much they like the tam about to spill next week. With that being said, we will be right back. I'm on a fucking what is happening? I'll be back to normal soon. I promise We'll be right back with Melissa Gorga. We are back. We have Melissa Gorga. Hello, gorgeous, Hi pretty, how are you? We're so good. I'm so excited to have you. We've been trying to get this on the books for a minute, and here you are.
Speaker 3: I'm here live from New Jersey. What's going on? I know, I feel like I spoke to you not that long ago.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 3: I just want to tell you that every time I jump on Instagram, all I see is your face. I'm like, are you like losing it right now? Because you are like on everything E News, this that like, there's so much talk about you right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but you know, we'll we'll just take it and move on. I try not to look. Every time I see my face on the Explore page, I refresh immediately.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'm not saying say much bad about you. I'll just say that, but well then that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the new season, you're you're feeling excited?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe we're in season twelve. I always say, it's crazy. I've been doing this show literally since my daughter is four and she's sixteen, so it's just crazy. You're actually going to see her sweet sixteen this year. So to believe, like just to even know that I have a sixteen year old daughter for me is like crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy for us to because I feel like that's why we all feel like we know you. I'm a fan of your show obviously, even though I'm on Bravo, I'm also a huge Bravo fan. And to see your Instagram and your kids that we've been watching since they were children, I mean, that's gotta be so weird and kind of make you sad.
Speaker 3: It is. It's crazy when I see like, you know, you know the Bravo fans. I mean, I know I'm talking to you here, so you know the Bravo fans. They are intense. They are in there. So they will send me dms and videos of you know, the little memes and gifts of like my children from when they were little, and I literally want to like cry. They'll put little videos together like oh remember this from season three or season four, and I look at my kids and I'm like, oh my god, they were babies, and it's like I feel like that is the good part. I guess it being on reality TV with the kids, it's like I have a lot of those memories documented and like, you know, it's not like we my father used to walk around with that VHS recorder thing, you know, that big old like big that, but like I have Bravo, Like I can turn on any season and get like a funny little scene of my kids like running through my house or screaming or something. So it's crazy. Yeah, we're just like I can't believe how long this season has been. And this season, let me just tell you, is like drama season for real. Like I know, I'm not here to be like, oh my god, it's the best season ever, because I hate when people do that every season, but this one really is like it brings back like the old school. Like I'm like I saw the trailer and I'm like, this is giving me like mom wives vibes. What's happening here? They were everybody's like it's high that the tensions are high, and it's because it's about a lot about relationships and when people what makes you more mad than when someone talks about like your husband, your boyfriend and your family. Like so that's a lot of what this season is about relationships. So everyone's like losing their shit.
Speaker 1: I noticed that in the trailer. And nothing will make you comfort someone harder than when they come for you know, your man or the person that you're with. I mean, I've been there before. And do you ever get anxiety before a new season airs, because you know you're if I don't know if they do it the same for you. I mean we don't get to see the episodes like way before the rest of everybody else. I mean you see the episode maybe a couple of days before it airs, and you don't have much time to process it, and we don't know what it's gonna look like, like the editing process. So do you do you get a little bit of anxiety or are you so used to it at this point.
Speaker 3: I only get anxiety when it's about the family drama. That is the only thing I get anxiety about. So this very first episode, like the first couple episodes, there's family drama between Joe and like Teresa and Gia, and just like a little bit of the family drama drops in there the first couple, So that gives me anxiety because I never want people to take it the wrong way. It's like, the reason people love Jersey is because we do put it all out there with our family and it's raw, it's real. But you know, it's hard because we're all going to you know, I'm gonna see Teresa Sunday. We're all gonna have we're all going to go to her house for dinner to eat, and it's like, you know, it's like if we're watching something on TV and we say things in these interviews, right, and then you go and have dinner. It's awkward, it's weird. It's like you have to really differentiate sometimes the show from like Okay, well that's what we were going through six months ago, but today we're going to have dinner because we remember, we made up. We're good today, like we got through that situation. But it's hard while it's airing because that's always the tough part because you're watching what you already got through six months ago, you know, and when your family now, you guys like you can be like screw you see you when you film, see when I film, But like, we can't do that. We go to Christmases together, we have birthdays. It's Gia just turned twenty one. I'm going to her house to have dinner. Like it's like, this is what we do. So the show is hard with the family dynamic. It's definitely hard.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you know you also watch it back because yes, we live it. But then you get to see what everyone said in their little confessionals and you're like, oh my gosh, that's stupid, bitch, and like it brings up a whole new, you know, can of emotions because you're like, okay, like I got that. We were, you know, at each other's throats. But then you're in your confessional and then you're saying this to whoever, and it is you have to relive everything. And for you, I feel like, you know, you've dealt with family drama in past seasons and it's always giving you anxiety. I mean it would give anyone anxiety, but like you've dropped to your knees begging for that to stop. So like, what is your outlet? Like how I know you say you have to differentiate the difference between like real life and real life, you know, the one on camera and the one that is not on camera, like how do you do that? Does Joe help you do that?
Speaker 3: No, I feel like we're pros at it at this point. I feel like we've learned and even you know, within our own family dynamic. I mean really like I feel like the Gorgas and the judea Ice is really you know, we've held that show for so long because we've given our real family drama to it. So we've also learned how to separate the two. And it's not that it's real life and fake life. That's not really what's going on because all the situations are real. But what's going on is it's the life that happened probably six months ago. So you're trying to like come back, like you're trying not to go back to that spot when you're eating Sunday dinner. That's always like the challenge because no matter what you want to be, like, oh, like on that interview when you said, you know, it's always the confessional I Shall kill you. Reality TV, we get like Ballsy and our confessionals because it's your time to just go and it's venting and you're not really saying it to someone's face. So I feel like everyone gets there, like it's a little ballsy, and the confessionals.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm the I totally agree in my confessionals. I feel like I'm with a therapist who's always team wai la yes, and I just rant, just like.
Speaker 3: Go tell us you have every right to feel that way.
Speaker 1: They do. They encourage it, and then they look at you and you see this big grin on their face, you know, the person that's sitting there talking to you, and you just are like, and.
Speaker 3: They're so happy or delivering, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, you feel like I did great today, And then you watch it and you're like, why did I do that?
Speaker 3: It's so funny. There's such a big difference between like sitting in that room with your makeup done all ready to go, with the lights on, so like when you're on the couch watch and you're like, oh shit, I said.
Speaker 1: That, Like I know, like, how can one person into such a savage in a room by herself with a camera onner It happened.
Speaker 3: It happens. They think we're by ourselves, little do they know there's cameramenal lights and there's per asking us questions and you know, you think you're by yourself, but it's just it's a vibe and it's also it really is truly like a venting situation. It's like you've been dying to vent and there's someone in front of you with a psychiatrist or a therapist that's just like vent, tell me everything, and you just I just go.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I don't know. I just oh, I've been on a roll some of those times. And I'm like, and you know, they don't care if you want things cut out. They're like, you said it, if we like it, it's being used.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's that's for sure. I have over the years. I'll never forget. Like the first couple of seasons I was on the show, I would call and be like, oh no, like this is totally taken out of context, Like that is not how that went down. Like I didn't like the way that came off. And they were like, yeah, well if you say it and you do it, Like there is absolutely nothing like any one of the things we have editing over like we have no editing at all, no editing rights, Like we have to accept whatever comes at right and that is it. Like we can't all and complain and they'll change it. That doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I do know. I wish that I had that power because I would edit a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Don't we all. I want my next reality TV show, I'm going to produce it also, that's what I've decided.
Speaker 1: That's the money move, be a producer on the actual show that you're on. I feel like when the way that I like compartmentalize real life versus my real life, that's the only way I know how to put it, because like you said, it is real life is I have to remember whatever is edited for the actual show, even though that is my behavior. If I go insane or I say something messed up, it's like, okay, but we made a damn good show. Like that's the only way I can get through it, Melissa. For me to not be mortified during certain moments, I have to just sit there and be like it was entertaining.
Speaker 3: So it and you almost owe that to like, you know, there is a piece of this where yes, it's your real life and it's it's your real thoughts and feelings and opinions, but like, at the same time, we are making television trucks, you know, So there is a part where you're like, okay, like I make nobody wants to watch anybody like sew us a blanket, you know what, Like nobody wants to see that, you know. So there is an aspect of it where it's like we're on reality TV and you know, we know it. So there is a certain part that you do have to give up that vulnerable side and get a little crazy sometimes and oh shit, what did I do or say? But it's like you're on reality television, so you almost owe it to the fans, you know, to show them what you really feel and how it's really going down.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with you. Did you ever I'm a huge fan of yours, like I fan Girl Out all the time.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Did you ever feel worried about putting your your kids on TV at such a young age and were you worried about like what the trolls would say or did you even go there when you signed up for the show. Did it just seem like we're a family, like this could be a fun opportunity or did you think, like my kids are really young, I don't know that I want them out there like that.
Speaker 3: I did worry about the kids at in the beginning, but my kids were so young Joey was two months old, so it was like I was they weren't teenagers, I think I would worry more because at the time, it's like, oh, well, what's my four year old going to do wrong? And Gina was two, so you're thinking, oh, they're going to show them just so cute and they're cute outfits and like playing. That's where my brain went, like how big of a bow can I put on our head? And yeah, like there's too Like I'm like, they're going to be playing on the floor. I worry about it more now that I have a cour Yes, definitely more as a teenager, because their friends actually watched the show. Know, in preschool, nobody's watching The Real Housewives and U Jerity. Now their friends watch it. We go to the we go to the football games, and their friends are like like you know, their friends are like, holy where you know, I could have gone anywhere with them in the beginning seasons and they don't know what's going on the kids. But now you know, the teenagers are fans. They watch the show and so you know, Antonia, I'll be driving with Antonio, She'll put it on FaceTime like so and so I want to say hi, mom, Like, hey, Like, it's like that I worry about you don't have to worry about it while your your beautiful little daughter is dis little. It's it's when they turn into like you know, I would say eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, like these eight. This is where it gets a little difficult because they're old enough to understand what the show is. They've seen it on TV. Their parents are watching it and they sit down they're like, oh, that's my friend's mom, you know what I mean, Like, that's where so you have some time before you have to stress about about, you know, your child being on TV. But it's definitely harder for me now, definitely because I worry sometimes what she's going to say. Like a lot of the times they love my kids in the scene and they love my kids to film, so I worry. I'm like, Oh, I don't want her to say anything as a sixteen year old girl that she's ever going to regret because I can't guarantee I can get it taken out totally.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That's stressful Now, it's stressful. Back then, it was not stressful.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you just gave me all the anxiety in the world.
Speaker 3: I worry about that, to be honest, now, you know, because now I have the podcast and I'm doing that all the time. I worry about just what Joe and I say on my podcast, to be honest, Like just because we talk so personal about relationship and our marriage, and like sometimes I worry just what she's going to hear on the podcast. Do you know what I'm saying? Because I feel like the podcast is on edit, it's even a little a little more raunchy than definitely more raunchy than the show is, like from what Joe and I will say to each other. So I'm like, God, and she's listening. I'm now I'm always thinking about her listening.
Speaker 1: So she she listens to your podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, she's very active on Instagram. You know, I'm posting, Yes, I'm posting the clips, Like I posted a clip yesterday just about like Joe, like that they try to get in the room while we're you know, while Joe's there's no lock on it, right, So he comes home He's like, you know, she heard that. Now she's gonna think every time. I'm like, I know. Like, so it's a thing when your kids get this age because they understand everything. Like just that clip loaned to her, She's probably like, oh my god, my parents are trying to like have sex in the room and I'm I'm bart I'm ruining it for them all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh my, that's what I go.
Speaker 3: You know, yes, So if I'm saying this, that's why I'm like, there's just so much to be part of this world. When you have children that kind of like, it does get a little scary, and it also it also makes them very mature because you they end up hearing it all, knowing it all, and like, I am blessed I have like great kids. They really are great. They're very mature. They're not they're like above the frey. They don't care that they're like that everyone knows their name, or that they're on TV or how it goes.
Speaker 1: Used to it.
Speaker 3: You think they're used to it, but it's not something they thrive off of, which I love. It's not My kids are athletes. They're like athletes. They play football, they wrestle. My daughters and a gymnast and a cheerleader. So they thrive off that, which I love because you never know, growing up in this world, they could have turned into some little monsters like thinking who not shit and like who they are? You know, but they thank god it's been good.
Speaker 1: Well that makes me happy because you're right. They could have turned into like little baby terrorists. You don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't know when you sign up for this stuff, like what's going to happen to your life? I didn't know. I mean my life changed drastically from just you know, so drastically, like you know, I'm so in business now and I'm so busy all the time, where before I was like where am I going shopping today? And who am I going to have lunch with? And like now I'm like I'm busy. I can't get off my phone or leave my desk for four hours.
Speaker 1: To see where you were at the very beginning and where you are now is so amazing. And you have been so open about your life, which you know, just because you're on reality TV. There's a lot of reality TV people who don't open up their lives, you know, the way I feel you do or Teresa does. And I remember this scene of you. I believe you were on the couch with Joan. It was when you were you were wanting to go and like be a business woman, and you had kind of felt like, you know, being the housewife and the mom was just not fulfilling enough anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's I don't want to say not fulfilling, because you'll see, it's always fulfilling. It's fulfilling to raise a family and have children, and that's it.
Speaker 1: So walk me through that. Walk me through that, because because for me, I don't know that I would be fulfilled by just being a mom. So walk me through you saying that it is fulfilling but what you were in search of.
Speaker 3: Right, So, and that makes total sense what you just said, because you're right, it's it's fulfilling, but it's not one hundred percent about you or your dreams or your goals. So what you're doing is you're fulfilling the needs of everyone else all day and it makes you fulfilled because you're like, oh, I did the right thing today. I did the right thing today for my daughter, or I made this, I did this, I made dinner. My husband's happy, everybody's happy, but I want more, you know. And that's where I always tell even new moms like yourself, and like you know, girls who are just getting married and they're younger and and you know right from the start you can do both, and it does seems it's like it's weird. There's always like this thing where it's like, well, the woman is supposed to take care of the kids all day, and who's then we have to pay for the babysitter and then this and then that. But it's like, no, it's both of your problems. And that's what I learned later in life that it's not it's not just all on the mom. It's on both of you, you know, to figure it out. And I used to just take all the heat and be like, this is on me, it's my kid. Let me figure out how I'm going to like open up envy because I opened up that whole business and I did all of this, and I literally would still run to the bus stop to pick my kids up from school halfway through day until I got it functioning enough where I was able to like, wait a second, pull babysitters in and pull nanny's in and get the extra help that I needed. But I feel like you, even though we're having families and we're creating families, and you still need to have your inner happiness of what your dreams are what your goals are. If you want to open a little shop, open a shop. If your dream is to create a cosmetic line, because that's what you want to do, well, then that's what you need to do. We can't let things like motherhood. You can't just say, oh, well, you know, that's not right, and a lot of times that guilt sets in of like I'm going to work too much and then what am I doing to my child? There is a way to kind of to make it all happen. It's not always easy, but it's a barrier that I broke through. And I think a lot of people kind of like to watch me go through that process because they watched me as a thirty year old girl, because that's what I was at the time when I started all this on the TV, and they watched me kind of break through and work my way up and braz these kids and go into my Now I turned forty, you know, so for the last ten years they've been watching me go from like just a mom at home all this time into a businesswoman where I did open envy and I broke through that and now I'm opening a second envy, a second envy double the size is about to open next month. So that's that's huge for me, you know, I just always yes, I'm.
Speaker 1: Very excited, so excited for you. Yes, And where's the second location.
Speaker 3: The second location is in Bridgewood, New Jersey, which is like a great town over here. I mean my online my online store is like phenomenal. That's where. I mean everyone from California, Florida, Dallas, everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's like the online is accessible to everybody. Yes, but my brick and waters do so well too. So I'm opening one double the size now and super super excited.
Speaker 3: But that's when I'm Solissa.
Speaker 1: That is freaking huge. A second store. I'm like beyond happy for you, thank you, thank you. Well everyone else is shutting down. You're expanding.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm either crazy or we'll see. But now I like a challenge. I'm a work I've always been a worker, that is me. Like before I even met Joe, I had three jobs, like whether be I worked at a tanic salon, a title company. I answered the phones over here. I bartended on like a Thursday or Friday night. Like I was just always someone who's like I'm not going to sit down. I don't I don't. I obviously love that Joe is successful and that he can take care of himself. But trust me, ladies, is ever listening out there? It is. There's something about making your own money, even if you don't need to. It's there's something about that. It's it's freeing. It's that thing if something unexpected, expected, as you would know, comes out of life right and you get hit with the left, You're like, I'm good. Like you can walk when you need to walk, you can buy something when you need to buy it. There's something very freeing about about having your own business or working and having doing what you love. You know, So I always.
Speaker 1: Promote that I love that you said that, and I actually want to come back to it. After we cut to a short break, we will be right back with Melissa Gorga. We are back with my most favorite housewife. Do feel uncomfortable every time I'm asked about my favorite housewife and I'm like, I'm gonna snag her from Joe? You know, I'm joking, right, not that that would ever happen, But I never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. But I think it's fun to set Joe and he loves you.
Speaker 3: He always Joe loves you, by the way too. He's always like, she's so cute. I'm like, when we go out, when we're in LA, We're gonna go have like a drink with her?
Speaker 1: Please do? I would love that. Give me a call. I would love to hang out with you and Joe. Going back to what we were talking about before, when did you realize that it was important for you to be making your own money? Was it because you're in a great marriage, you have a beautiful family, like you were probably one of those people who will never need a plan to be ever.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I always say never say never, but I from your mouth to God's ears, right, like that's always how I how I You know, I would love things to go in life, just like we all would. But I think I just I don't know. I've watched Joe be so successful because he's a developer in New Jersey. So he'll take old warehouses and he'll buy them and convert them into like apartment buildings and condos. And this is what he loves to do, right, this is what gives him and it was successful for our family. But I would watch him, you know, kind of doing all these things and feel proud and you know, break the wall down at another building. And I said to myself, like, I'm happy for him, but but I want something that's mine, and I feel like that's when you know, you know, you start to say what am I good at?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What? What do I love to do? What gives me a high? Like what gets me excited? Yes, your kids are going to give you a high. Yes, there's nothing like a child in.
Speaker 1: The world, but they grow up.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna have complete happiness unless you have your own happiness, something inside that's you. And I love clothes. I've always loved fashion. Fashion is fun for me. I've always been good. I'm always the one that everyone used to call my girlfriend's like they don't know what to wear. I'll like put an outfit for them together. So that's what I loved. And you know what I you know how I really got started with envy. Everyone when I was on the Real House Size of New Jersey would say to me, these these boutiques would give me clothes, which I'm sure you know, all the time I'd get clothes, they'd send me clothes. This brand would send me this salve. You'd wear them and then everyone's like, where'd you get your outfit? Where'd you get your outfit? And I would send them to that boutique. I would send them over there. I would send them over there, and I'm like, what the hell am I doing? Like why am I sending them to everyone else? Let me open my own boutique. And when everyone asked me what I'm wearing, I'm gonna say here, click this link Envy by MG dot com, like you know, And that's how Envy by Melissa Gorga came because I was like, why do I keep sending everyone everywhere else? Like it's it's let me send them to Envy by melissic Rga. And that's what I started doing.
Speaker 1: So crazy because it's so simple yet so hard to accomplish. The thought of it, The thought of it is like, let's open something. We'll send them to my boutique instead or my store. But the fact that you actually did it, and that's that's no easy feat because you had to go and find the clothing that you're going to fill your store with. You gotta be making enough money to keep new inventory in Like did anybody walk you through this? Did you have like a business partner or a mentor, because I wouldn't have even known where to start.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I had met a lady at the time that was asking me to do like some photo shoots and stuff for her stores, all of her boutiques and all of this, and I was like I after a while, just like I said, I'm like, I gotta do this for my own boutique, Like this doesn't make sense for me anymore. So I did originally go into it with a partner, asking her like, you know, like do you want to do this together. I don't want to promote your boutique. I want it to be my own boutique, And we went in together. But within within six months I bought her out because she was just not it was not a good fit for me. So within six months I bought her out, and Envy just celebrated five years. We just had our five year anniversary, so congratulations going strong. But I always my advice to everyone is really really like if it's in your heart, if you keep thinking about it, if it keeps popping up and you're like, damn, I would really love to be like, like, I have a girlfriend that's like I just want she finds everyone everything, she wants to do the find Like, if you need to find something, this is where you need to go. You need to call her because she can find it for you. Like something as simple as that. If you know that that is what you're good at, make some start researching. Figure out how you could start small on a smaller platform, just like I did. I started with a smaller store, and then you as the years go on, it got bigger. My on my website. When I first started, we're nothing like they are now. I groupled them. It takes time, it takes.
Speaker 1: Patience, but little little bit at a time, but it becomes your baby and you you start to see its potential and its growth, and you become addicted.
Speaker 3: Addicted, Oh my god, addicted. I have a little app on my phone which this is so funny. It makes like a chit chin every time there's a sale, whether on the website or in store, it does like a little chichin. When it first started going off all the time, when I'd be like sitting on the couch with Joe and I'd be like, chit chang chang. It's like frigging at the casino. I'm like, oh my god, and Joe would just like look at me from across the couch like, ash, wow, a lot of people are shopping today. I'm like, yeah, bitch, I'm making money. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was like funny, like I would choose him because I always used to ask Joe. I was a girl out of college, Like as soon as I met Joe, I gradual way to college kind of at the same time. So I used to have to like say to him like I just was going to be I'm I have a BA in teaching, Okay, So I went to college to be a teacher. I was supposed to go be a elementary school teacher, and I ended up on reality TV within you know, a couple of years after being married. But it's just funny. I used to have to ask you for a hundred dollars bill. I'd be like, oh, you're going to work, okay, Like can I get like a hundred I don't know where I'm going to go todayay, or like whatever, I would need cash. And now I'm just like it's just funny. That's why we It's like a funny joke in our house because like when the chichain goes off I'm like, oh, yeah, don't need you what.
Speaker 1: Like, No, I love it because there's I feel like there's so many women who who do that and and they're as you know, I'm passionate about the topic of women having their own funds, and even if that means you work something out with your husband, if you're a stay at home mom and he gives you X amount of dollars every month. I just want women to have some sort of you know, safety net if God forbid, anything happened. And you know that could even mean for me. It was when the recession hit for my family and my dad went from you know, completely being okay and supporting us financially to what are we going to do? And it was my mom who stepped up to the plate because she had worked her entire life, never stopped even though she could have with my dad. And I saw that it doesn't even have to be like your relationship goes south, one partner could be put out of business tomorrow, and it feels nice the other one picks up. So I think that is great that you are also preaching that to chicks. I want to talk about your relationship with Joe, because I think it's something that a lot of people look at and they're like, I want that. It's so cute, it's so sweet. We know you have a great sex life, which is good for you.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 3: How could you not know?
Speaker 1: It makes me happy? Okay? I love you guys, and I love the way you display your love and affection for each other. And he is meant for reality TV, by the way, I know he is.
Speaker 3: He's such a ham. He's such a ham. And he's also just like he doesn't overthink it, which is sometimes a problem, which is also making amazing reality television because he doesn't think it at all. If he's thinking it, he's saying it right, that's Joe.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't care if you want to crawl under a table.
Speaker 3: He does not care. Do you know how many times I kicked Joe under the like we're filming, there's cameramen and I'm like, ah, I'm literally kicking his shins and he notices that, stop kicking.
Speaker 1: Oh he's that guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's like that guy. So I just give up on him. In the beginning, I was more anal. I would be like trying to control it all and be like, oh my god, like stop talking about all of this and like what are you doing? And like now I'm just like just roll with it. Joe, Like he's that guy, no matter what he says, no matter what he does, no matter how he acts, everybody loves him. It's it's just jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's very It's well, you're both very easy to love. I have to ask, what what is your fighting style? When you get into an argument? What is Joe's fighting style and what is yours? Do you disengage? Are you a let's raise my voice a little bit, do the hands get to move in? Like? What's your fighting style?
Speaker 3: So I think our fighting style, Joe and I that might be the problem with us. We have two totally different types of fighting style. So I am super impulsive, like I'm hot headed from the beginning, like very quickly, I freak like I don't even think straight. I just freak so like before I even have all the facts. And this is to a fault, I scream, I yeah, I'm like what, Like I freak like a savage. But I'm literally over it. Like once I get that all out and I hear all the answers, like I will drop it and go to dinner with you. Within the next hour or two, like I'm good, I just need to rage for like a second totally, and I'm impulsive. I'm impulsive. Jump Oh doesn't rage. He kind of sits back, he doesn't say much. Things will bother him, things will bother him. Then he'll explode like out of nowhere, and he'll hold the grudge. He won't talk to you for probably three to four days. So it's a problem because I want to rage on you. I want to go crazy, I want to like get it all out. And then I'm like, all right, let's go to dinner like I'm good, and he won't speak to you for three days. So it's like we just have totally different styles of argument. We argue totally different.
Speaker 1: I think I'm more like you. I'm more like you, and I explode on people and then I'm like, Okay, feel better and I'm like why is everyone so destroyed? And they're like are you kidding? Like what you just said? And did.
Speaker 3: So I get it and I say nasty, I like get like impulsively crazy, and I'm like, I think we're just on our producers to be honest, like if they've called me to say something that I don't like but what like how and then they'll like call me to I'm like, wow, I was like aggressive before, Like I'm good, Like I understand why you're saying that to me. I just like I don't know. I I'm very impulsive. But then I chill. But then yeah, but that's an awesome thing. I'm a forgiver. I move on like I'm not a grudge holder. And I always say, like it's better to be that way because there's a reason, like you must. I feel like the happier person can let things go because it's like you don't want to ruin the night right. You don't want to when you fight with your boyfriend or you fight with your husband or your significant other. You don't want to ruin the whole weekend. Like let's just like get it out and move on. I don't like when you ruin the dinners that are coming up or like totally go to the movies later. I'm not going to hate each other for that, Like let's drop it. But Joe will ruin the whole weekend, Like the whole weekend. Weekend is fucked if this happens. So so that's how that goes.
Speaker 1: So you guys have been married. You said you were married for two years when you started the show.
Speaker 3: Five five years? Oh no, how could that be? Yes, five years? We were married for five years?
Speaker 1: Wow, and Antonio was no.
Speaker 3: It can't be because Antonio was four. So I think it was like we had her. We had her. I got pregnant two months after I got married, so we Yes. I want to say I was only married for like three and a half years.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't know why how long have you guys been together because I'm bad at math.
Speaker 3: Seventeen years?
Speaker 1: Oh my good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just hit seventeen years, so crazy, absolutely crazy. Yeah, Antonia sixteen. We were in the fast lane though, like I met him at twenty four, was married by twenty five, had Antonia at twenty six.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, and then was.
Speaker 3: On reality TV. I was thirty or thirty one, so so yeah, I was only married for like four and a half years.
Speaker 1: Wow. Can I tell you if you were to tell that story but you were based in LA you guys would be divorced already.
Speaker 3: I listen, not for nothing, but start doing your homework. We are one of the longest standing reality couples on Bravo and in the universe.
Speaker 1: In the universe.
Speaker 3: We're one of them. Yes we are, we are. We've been Yes, we're going strong for seventy years. It is not easy to be married on reality TV, especially housewives, because they draw in so much into your marriage, your home life. It's not like I'm on a show about decorating where I leave my house every day and I go. You watch me decorate a window. You're watching me in my house with my kids, my children, my husband, my home arguments. So the hardest thing in the world is to be married on reality television. So I gotta say, Joe and I are doing a pretty good job.
Speaker 1: You're doing a damn good job.
Speaker 3: Thank you. We've had bumps in the road, don't let me get you wrong. Like through the pandemic, I feel like I got a little I was getting definitely busy, very I was always busy, but it went up to a different level. I would say maybe the year before that twenty twenty pandemic hit, and so I was out of the house a lot. The whole year of like twenty nineteen, I would say, and I was super busy. And then as soon as the pandemic pandemic hit, which was really March of twenty twenty, right, and we all just like shut down in every state. Joe and I work so much that we're not used to you know, we don't talk. So I think he was getting a little annoyed with like all of my work. He felt like I was starting to be out of the house too much. I was starting to put work before him. I was, you know, becoming this mongol that didn't care about anything but like money and work and getting bigger fame. That was in his head, which is not true, but that was where his head was at at the time. So when the pandemic hit in twenty twenty and we had so much time to sit on a couch and actually look at each other because you couldn't leave the house, right, I think that's when things really came to head and we started to argue. And they also started the camera up within a month or two later. So there was that one season two seasons ago where you really saw us like at each other's throats, and it was it was real. It was because that was what was really going down in our house, and and that was it. I feel like we went through that bump and we were, you know, we come out of it, but it's not easy. It's not easy, really television. And it's for a guy who marries someone who wasn't in this world.
Speaker 1: Originally, I was just gonna say this right, And now.
Speaker 3: It's like, I didn't marry some woman who has to be in New York City every night and at events and on red carpets and business meetings and publicists, and he's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's probably also one of those things where he marries this beautiful woman and you know, you guys go out in New Jersey or you travel, and it's just who's in that room that gets to sit and look and you know, at you guys as a couple, and how beautiful you are. And then all of the sudden, you know, you're getting all of this attention from people all over the world. Really, and I'm sure for any man that is like what is this, Like this is my beautiful wife? Who are all of these people coming in and acting like they know her?
Speaker 3: That would mess with me one percent. And especially a guy like Joe, who is that guy like this is mine? Like he's a claimer, you know what I mean, He's he has a little of that old school like Italian boy, like that's my wife type vibe. You know. So it might hit someone else different. For Joe, it hits hard, you know. So it took a minute, but I think we got there. I think we got there. He got that. Look at him now, he's running around on stages doing his comedy and he's loving that. So you know, I'm like, oh, he yelled at me, forgot he put it. He made himself a tour. He's all over the place. He's all over the place, like you know. So I'm like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Like I love that he's doing that.
Speaker 3: At the core of though we have, there's like there's love there, do you know what I mean? So I always tell everyone who's looking to get married, who if you're looking for anyone new, whatever it is, make sure there's true love there. Because money does not carry you through. Looks will not carry you through either. There needs to be love and attraction, not necessarily looks, but something needs to be So you need to be so attracted and hang on their every word and miss them when you're not with them or else. Trust me, everyone out there, it just gets harder, it gets harder.
Speaker 1: I'm going to find all of that. I'm good so glad that I had you on the podcast, that you finally had time in your busy schedule. Where can people shop Envy who don't live in New Jersey and where can they find you? Look and find?
Speaker 3: So you can go to Envy buy mg dot com and find everything I wear basically on there. We have so much. We have everything from denam to date tonight, so everything. And of course you guys can all listen to my podcast that I'm so great that you came on too. Thank you for having on with so much fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Melissa. We'll talk to you soon, babe.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right bye