Speaker 1: Welcome in What Driving the Great? Episode three ninety eight. This episode of What Driving the Credit is presented you by boost Mobile, and it is a very special episode because it is the return of Demandse Demonse, fresh off an undefeated teaser streak and maybe slightly more notably, the birth of his first child, beautiful Mila, who I got to spend the weekend with Demonse. How are you feeling how? We will get into more of this later, but a quick preview. How is everything?
Speaker 2: Everything's great, feeling pretty motivated, energetic in spurts, but but yeah, overall pretty freaking good.
Speaker 1: It was good to stay back. Yeah, first in the office yesterday. That's really nice. Okay, good, it was really nice. So we had a wonderful time with you and Maddie and Mila and I got back. We flew overnight from Lax for the second straight year. I made the decision to book a flight at night the Sunday after Thanksgiving out of Lax, which, for the second straight year, I was reminded the final mile of that drive is an hour and fifteen minutes. Again I didn't know. You guys got stuck, and but so what we had left ourselves plenty of time. Despite the football game going to overtime, we had plenty of times so we were fine. So so here's what I would like from the audience today. Well, we always would like if you would subscribe to the show on YouTube, on iTunes, on Spotify, all of that. If you want to throw us a like or a rating, that's great as well, but special for today. Have the questions be for the end of the show, for demands about being new Dad, questioned, device comments, whatever that is, whatever you guys want, So we will do that at the end of the show start. I thought about leading the show with it because a couple of weeks ago, after the Chiefs suffered that devastating loss to Denver, I didn't lead the show with the Chiefs any day that week. I talked to the NBA, I talked to other things. I'm not going to do that again. That made the audience quite angry, understandably, but it's just a decision I made it, So we will. We will do that on the back end of the show. We will start with the Chiefs today. But before we do that, let's bring you straight to voicemail, brought to you by boost Mobile. Clay has named his boat after Megan the Stallion. Now I am not a nautical expert, but I do believe changing the name of your boat is considered very bad luck. So this is this is you know, close to getting her new tatted like. This is a big move by Clay, and I'm sure he knows that. So good for him, happy for him. We got to watch Clay play Friday night in La Aaron Rodgers turns forty two and looks like it. And Demonse had to finally pay off his bet from the Chiefs Ravens games. Oh those halcyon days when the Chiefs got their season on the right track by dog walking your Ravens. How I didn't know things were gonna turn a few months later? All right, Demonse, let's get to it. The Chiefs are six and six.
Speaker 2: Chiefs are a rough spot. You've always said, with the combination of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes that they've always had a shot. But now your Chiefs are six and six in two games out of the Wildcard, not two games out of the Arrowhead Invitational.
Speaker 1: With the wildcard, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have none of the key tie breakers with the head to add teams. How we are you at the state the Chiefs are in right now.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I mean, you've got to be really concerned. The only way they guarantee themselves a spot in the playoffs is by winning out, and I am listen, some folks are it is not a mathematical certainty that winning out gets them in, but winning out gets them in, and so they they are alive. And the AFC to me does feel as wide open as it has at any point in my life, maybe since eight, the year Brady went down with an injury, and it wasn't a great Peyton Manning year, and so certainly the most wide open it's been in more than a decade. So if they were to get hot, play their best football, get in, I think that they would be immediately the Vegas favorites to win the conference. The problem is getting in is going to be very difficult because of those tiebreakers they don't have that you mentioned. Now. If they were to beat Houston and then the Chargers, which are their next two, then maybe they could lose to Denver and sneak in at ten and seven because they would have a tiebreaker over the Colts, tiebreaker over the Ravens, which won't matter, and a tiebreaker over Houston. Maybe there would be a path there, but the only certain path is winning out and right now it is very difficult to trust this team. Even though Patricks had at least a five game winning streak every year of his career, it is very difficult to trust this team to win five straight because quite simply, they can't get off the field. And this was a problem in Week one against the Chargers, it was a problem against Josh Allen, it was a problem against bow Knicks, and it was a huge problem against Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys, where historically what the Chiefs defense would do really well is one good run stop on a drive to put you in second and nine, one forced in completion to put you in third and nine, and then dial something up to get you off the field. All game long and all season long, this team has been forcing third and longs and then been totally unable to get off the field. And that is why despite Patrick playing at the level that he is, and he was brilliant on Thursday, and he's currently he's third in the league in yards, fourth in the league in touchdowns, for second in the league in QBR. The ESPN stat first in the league. In the nerd stat that I don't love Epa. He's having an awesome year, but poorly time turnovers by the Chiefs in previous games, and the total inability all season long aside from the Colts fourth quarter against the Colts to make impact plays on defense might wreck the season. They are right now the fourth worst third and long defense in the league. They have the fourth fewest sacks in the league. They have the sixth fewest force turnovers in the league, and that's why they find themselves in this position.
Speaker 2: With all that said, do you think that there was a move that they could have made during the.
Speaker 3: During trade deadline during the trade deadline to change that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, listen, the Eagles picked up Jalen Phillips. They could like he's the only real impact pass rusher they're not. They weren't gonna trade for Quinn Williams when you have Chris Jones like and at the trade deadline, people wanted them to go after a running back and they, by the way, they almost did trade for Breeze Hall. But I don't they need more from the Listen, they paid George Carlofts this offseason. They have drafted ed rushers, they're just it's it's Chris Jones or nothing on getting to the quarterback. And that's a problem. And now you have this game against Houston Demonse where Josh Simmons, who's been an a plus as a rookie left tackle when he's been out there, he missed that month with the family issue, he suffered such an unlucky fluke freak injury that I don't know if you saw how he got hurt. He's blocking. I forget who an ed rusher for Dallas and the Chiefs running back, I don't know if it was Hunter Pacheco tried to help him to chip like where they throw the shoulder and they missed the cowboy and hit him in the left arm and snapped his wrist. So his own teammate just kind of friendly fire. And no, I think it's I think he's out a long. I think he might be out the rest of the year, but he's certainly out this weekend and they play, in my opinion, the best pass rush in the NFL this weekend in Houston. Juwan Taylor will see if he plays. They if he's just out, then they should be able to at least make do because then you have Jalen Moore, who you sign this offseason. If he is, if he and Juwan Taylor are out and you have to play Janya Morris, who they have tried and tried and tried to make a legitimate NFL tackle and just hasn't worked, then you're in real, real trouble. And so it is. It's very precarious. It's the most precarious it's ever been in Kansas City. There's no getting around that. Now. With that said, I know myself and I don't think it will be unreasonable or irrational that if if they win Sunday, and I'm telling you right now, with that offensive line situation, Chiefs minus three and a half are not gonna be one of my picks this week. If they win Sunday, then I will feel like, all right, beat the Chargers next week and you're gonna go to another super Bowl. That's how all feel I will. I feel like they're a win away from being a win away. If that makes sense, yeah, sense? And so I I have not my hope. I've not given up hope or given up belief, but my confidence has been shaken because it should be, because they had to have the Broncos game and they lost. They then really had to have the Colts game, and it took everything, uh furious fourth quarter, the biggest fourth quarter comeback of Mahomes' career to win that one. And then they had the opportunity against Dallas. And that's again I'm not gonna bang on the defense too much, but three times this year Demanse the Chiefs have trailed in the fourth quarter, Mahomes has led a fourth quarter comeback to take the lead, and then they lost the game anyway. Three times via Scott Kasmar for context. The third blown fourth quarter comeback for Tom Brady in his career came in year fifteen. Year fifteen. Tappened three times this season. So it's the margins are that thin, and if there is one game or one moment that to me just stands out as if they don't go on this run and if they missed the playoffs by a game that I'm going to look back to, it will be up fourteen to nothing against the Jags dominating that game. Trevor throws a lollipop up in the air. Two Chiefs have a chance to pick it and basically in the game in the first quarter, they bump into each other and it falls to the ground. They kind of laughed and like, you know, they're dominating the game, and then that led to a Jags touchdown a couple hours later. Mahomes throws the one hundred yard pick six. A little bit after that, after the Chiefs take a late lead, Trevor falls down. Chris Jones doesn't see it. He runs it in what's the difference right now between the Chiefs being six and six and having none of the tie breakers and the Chiefs being seven and five and having a few of the tie breakers. So that's that's how thin your Martians are.
Speaker 2: You're saying like they're a win, they're one. There are two games away. Even if they you're saying that they could they could also make the Super Bowl if they do make the Super Bowl. Or are you still like scared of those defensive problems with getting off the field.
Speaker 1: Scared of Listen? Of course, listen, I don't think that is those are going to go away. What I what I do think is they have they are better than a six and six record, and the AFC is wide open. And if like again I have to.
Speaker 3: Say, you're expecting some teams to slip.
Speaker 1: I'm expecting to a couple things. One is I if they make the playoffs, it will mean they're on a five game winning streak and playing their best football of the year. So I will then, of course, you know, believe that they can get through this version of the AFC. And then to answer your hypothetical, if they were to then make the Super Bowl, they'd be on an eight game winning streak, and I of course would feel like those things are solid. It's also and this is an excuses, this's just reality. It's an unlucky year to potentially be a ten win team. Since they expanded the playoffs in twenty twenty, so we have five years of it. Zero eleven win teams have ever missed the playoffs. Only two in five years, ten win teams have missed the playoffs, and eight teams and this isn't by winning a bad division. This is wild card teams. Eight teams with eight or nine wins have gotten a playoff spot. So if it were just you know, the but this year, it's not that. This year the AFC is wide open, but the there's not really a middle class. It's teams that are gonna win nine, ten to eleven and then teams that are awful with really no is not a glut of seven or eight win teams, it doesn't look like, and that's gonna make getting into the tournament really hard. With that said, the all of this is predicated on, obviously, the Chiefs winning this weekend. So if they win this weekend, they have the same record as Houston with the tiebreaker right, so that moves them ahead of Houston. They still would need to jump two more teams. Will they play the Chargers, who they're two behind, But the Chargers schedule is the hardest in football by a mile. Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Texans, Broncos, and Justin Herbert has a broken left hand. So again, if you're assuming Chiefs can win the next two, that puts them in really good position versus the Chargers and the Texans, and then you just need one of Actually, you know, that would do it, wouldn't it? That would do it because the Steelers and Ravens take care of themselves, so that would do it. Now, with all that said, I actually think the team most likely to full on fall apart is the Colts. I think the Colts are mid fall apart already, and Demon's. If they lose to the Jaguars this weekend, they might not win again. They've already lost three of their last four. Their one win was in overtime against Atlanta, and their final five are at Jacksonville, at Seattle, home for the Niners, home for the Jags at Houston, and Sauce Gardner is going to be out so the Colts. Daniel Jones has a fracture in his leg, Sauce is out, Jonathan Taylor has slowed down. So the team ahead of the Chiefs most likely in my opinion, to just fall off is Indy, And so that's the the path for the Chiefs to make it at ten and seven, is Indy falls apart and the Chargers fall apart, and then the Jags, Texans, one team from the AFC North Bill's, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs Gin It so like that's the that would be the route, that's the path, But that's a pretty The only way to be sure they get in is win all five, and they have not yet looked like a team that's ready to go on a five game winning streak. It's the reality situation. Today's shows brought to you by our new presenting sponsor hard Rock Bet. Big News. Hard Rock Bet is now live in Michigan. Sign up today and place your first five dollars sports bet. If it wins, you get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings, and if you're more into casino games, new customers can get up to one thousand dollars back in casino bonus. If you're not up money after your first twenty four hours playing slots, win money or get a casino bonus back, plus you get two hundred dollars in bonus spinds winnings paid in cash. Not sure what to place your first bet on, head over the hard Rock Bets stats hub and it will help you out. It's loaded with trend streaks and stats to help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie in neither does the data in there. Check out the stats ub now get the edge and bet with confidence. Plus. Hard rock Bet offers new promos daily plus big legendary rewards drop every Thursday like Gifts under the Tree, so whenever you're listening, just open the app check out what they've got waiting for you. Download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminala Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight. Admit it in Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demanse, let's move on to the winner of Chiefs Cowboys be the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: There's six' five and, one And dak has said that he's not sure he's ever been more confident in a team going Into december with the athletic playoff predictor only gives them twenty four percent chance to make the, playoffs but they have a soft dish into their. Schedule how are you feeling about The cowboys right.
Speaker 1: Now SO i Think i'm not trying to hedge, here but this is WHAT i truly. BELIEVE i believe that they right now are one of the best teams in the league because that offense has been. Great, yeah and the defense has been. FINE i don't think defense has been, great but it's been. Fine and with a great, offense you just need a fine, defense which since the addition Of Quentin williams and getting some other guys back, healthy they've. HAD i also think it's not gonna. Matter so like, THERE i would not want to Play, dallas BUT i don't think they're gonna be able to catch the teams in front of. Them, okay so the here is here's The cowboys have a math, problem and the mass probley For dallas is the who is going to collapse in THE. Nfc, Now dallas also Like Kansas, city if they went, out they are likely to make, it but not guaranteed to make, it but likely to make. It if they went, out, well hold, on let me let me say. That so The cowboys are six five and, one so if they went, out they would get in over all of the eleven win teams because they'd be eleven five and. One so, no if they went, out they're also. IN i, MEAN i to use your athletic playoff. Predictor they don't give them one hundred, percent you're greater than ninety nine, percent but they would be. In and your point about the schedule is that after they're In, detroit the only good team they play the remainder of the way is The. Chargers BUT i have kind of a triple layer concern For. Dallas one is one loss dooms, Them, yeah dooms them because and this is WHY i was trying to get, there and THEN i kind of stumbled on. Myself unless you Believe philly is going to, collapse then Catching detroit is meaningless Because detroit is not currently in the. Playoffs you've got three from THE Nfc, west one from The, south and by the, way another team from The south In, carolina ahead Of. Dallas, alright basically de facto tied With, DALLAS i guess not Ahead carolina seven and six versus six five and, one and then two we would assume from THE Nfc north right now and The bears And. Packers if you Beat, detroit you'd still be staring at being the eighth team when seven get. IN i, ALSO i don't Think dallas is going to win On thursday. Night they went On thursday. Night and by the, way this is always demands the Best thursday night game of the year when we get The thursday After thanksgiving two teams that played On, thanksgiving because it's A thursday night game when people are fully, rested which we never. Get so this IS i, mean this is as good of A thursday night game as there is because of the massive playoff implications and because both teams are as rested as they are And detroit is dealing with. INJURIES i we, are, though just a few weeks removed from This cowboys team that right now is playing, great there's no denying, it and they were awesome ON dak was unbelievable On thursday from. Right let me get that in a. Second let me get back in the. Second but the we're not that far removed from The cowboys getting blown out by A broncos team, that while it, wins doesn't blow anyone out and then getting beat soundly by The. Cardinals so is that team going to win eight in a row or are they going to trip up either At detroit OR i can't imagine they would lose to The, vikings but home against The chargers or then the sneaky tough game at The commanders Where jaden will be, back and then there's even at your final two games are road divisional games against teams that will just want to play. SPOILER i just think it will be a hair. SHORT i do think if they were to get, in this is as dangerous of A cowboys team as we've had really Since dak's been. THERE i think that offense has been that, good And, dak to your point, Earlier dak is having The Joe burrow season from a year, ago And Joe burrow got plenty OF mvp buzz in that nobody thought he was gonna win, it but that he deserved a spot on the. Ballot that to me is Where dak is right. NOW i Understand Drake mays The vegas favorite after last, night and it was awesome last, night BUT i think It's stafford Won Drake may, two and then you can start having a real. Conversation anybody that disagrees with, THAT i think has to feel like It's Drake may, One stafford, two and then you have the real and then you have a conversation like those two guys have to be your top TWO mvp. Candidates but it IS i wouldn't want to see The cowboys on my. SCHEDULE i don't think they're going to run the, table which is what they have to do and to NOW i guess there is the hope for. Them there's two THERE'S i guess two paths other than running the. Table one of them is a full On philadelphia, collapse A lah twenty, twenty and we'll get to The eagles. Shortly the other one is do The bears fall. APART i don't see that, happening but The bears do have a tough remainder of The you, know they have two games against The, packers a game against The, niners a game against The, lions and the game against The. Browns, like do The bears go two and? No because two and? Three two and three would still get The bears to, Eleven so The cowboys would still have to win out to jump. Them SO i, mean are The bears gonna go one in? FOUR i don't think. So so, again it just becomes very difficult For dallas barring winning out the do we think any the The niners to me have earned the benefit of the. Doubt and, again The niners already have nine. Wins they have they have A titans game as their next, one so they have ten. Wins so Then, Colts, Bears seahawks for The, niners are they gonna find a way to win at least one of? Those if, so they're at. Eleven the so's gonna be a bunch of eleven win. Teams and just keep in mind The cowboys can only get to eleven by winning. Out seattle still has at The falcons home for The colts at The. Panthers Is seattle only gonna win? ONE i don't think, so AND i Think seattle's really. Good so it just becomes The packers are playing their best football of the year right. Now The packers still have a game left against The. Vikings packers tough schedule two against The, Bears, Broncos. Ravens SO i guess if You're, dallas what you really hope happens is The bears or The packers sweep the other one like that would be really good for. You if one of those teams, can what if they, Split you're just sow up against. It and then There's philly that you have five and a half, losses they have. Four so again the question is if anybody gets to eleven, wins they have priority over The. Cowboys unless The cowboys went, Out philly's got at The chargers home for The, RAIDERS i don't care what type of funk, There and that's a. Win Two commanders games left and they and also at The. Bills so Could philly go from eight and two to ten and seven And dallas steal it from him at ten six and, one it's. POSSIBLE i don't think it's likely That billy defense going up against That charger offensive line this, weekend With herbert coming off, surgery that just feels like A philly. Win and then they're at nine and they only need two. MORE i don't. Know well The raiders, game they're at, Ten, like Is philly gonna go zero to three down the stretch to miss? Out that would be that would Cost sirianni's.
Speaker 2: Job, shooting so internal issues right, Now so it's not totally off the.
Speaker 1: Offense you're, Right so The, Cowboys, listen The cowboys aren't, eliminated but and they are really. Dangerous but, MAN i think it's gonna be hard for them to find a way. In as the holidays. Approach get what you need to personalize your home With. Wayfair shop holiday decre for every room in the, house whether It's christmas, trees, wreaths or inflatables for the front. Yard wayfair is your one stop. Shop everyone wants their home ready for hosting during the holiday, season and there's no better place Than wayfair to make sure you have every kitchen, essential brand new holiday linens and towels for, guests or seating rugs and lamps for a living room. Refresh wayfair has everything your home, needs and there's no better time than now to get your home ready for. Hosting something for every style in every, home no matter your space or. Budget wayfair makes it easy tackle your home goals and giftless with endless inspiration for every space and, Budget fast and easy delivery even on the big. Stuff no more huge delivery fees for. Furniture get big stuff like, sofa's dining, room, tables beds and more shipped for. Free get last minute hosting a s, centrals gifts for all your loved, ones and decord to celebrate the holidays for way. Less head to wayfair dot. Com right now shop all things. Home that's way FAI r dot, Com, wayfair every, style every. Home all, right we were talking about The. Eagles let's get to the game From Black.
Speaker 2: Friday So UT's last week in the gambling show That chicago could Beat philly, outright and they ended up doing, that and The eagles fans are angry Booing Jalen hurts in the. Offense what is more shocking to you or surprising The bears being the one seed Or philly just kind of not having identity at this.
Speaker 1: Point the more shocking thing is The bears being the one. Seed shout out though To Ben, johnson Because i'd love to Give caleb all the. Credit caleb's just been. Mediocre it's the run game and the forcing the, turnovers AND i don't know how sustainable the turnovers, are but that's what's gotten them. There the more shocking thing Is. Chicago the more noteworthy thing Is. Philly and this is either on the head coach or the quarterback or both of. Them but you cannot have an offense that goes three and out more than any offense in the last decade in THE. Nfl and this, much this lack of identity with this much talent on the, offense and it is just inexplicable to, Me demanse that they can't figure out a way for Aj brown to have a good game and for them to. Win it's like it's one or the, other and that should not be the. Case it's like they can win if he is an, afterthought or he can have these monster games and they. LOSE i don't understand why that. IS i do not Think jalen is playing very. Well And i've never Believed siriani is as impressive as his record. Is AND i, listen, Man Howie. Roseman i've said this For i'll say it. Again Howie roseman has fired better coaches Than Nick. Sirianni AND i know they're the defending Super bowl, champs AND i know that sounds. Ridiculous If philly collapses, Again i'd be very nervous IF i Weer. Siriani and, again what do you mean at?
Speaker 2: ALL i mean nothing about, It like all the weapons you, have the defense is.
Speaker 3: Good what is going on.
Speaker 1: Right's been, bad but you've got to be able to overcome. That AND i if You're philly losing the way you did just Having chicago run it down your throat right after you blew a twenty one point lead To. Dallas that's. Unforgivable and when we talk about Like phillies best moments this, year you gotta go back To, september the comeback against The, rams the win against The. Chiefs other than, that it's been a whole lot of. Nothing you blew out The, giants you had an ugly ten to, seven went over The, packers a uglier win over The lions sixteen to. Nine you just haven't looked and you haven't been dealing with devastating. Injuries SO i DON'T i don't know what to tell you on this. One if you're An eagles. Fan other Than eagles, fans we are, United Grand, Opening grand closing one night, only Next Monday. Night IF i ever needed a team to snap out of a, funk it's The eagles On monday at The. Chargers for do me a. Solid give The chargers their fifth loss so The chiefs can play them a week. Later give them their sixth, loss and be right back in the. Mix like it's gonna be a really weird feeling rooting for The, Eagles But that's What i'm gonna be. Doing But it's. Real it is really unforgivable for a. Team it's the most expensive offense in the history of professional, football and they just look. Directionless and we can Blame Kevin, patoula the offensive, coordinator but Either hurts Or sirianni have to figure out how to fix. It they're the you, know it's the highest paid, player it's the head. Coach you gotta figure it. Out all, Right let's talk a little college football if we.
Speaker 2: Can, yeah, so big story in college. Football Lane kiffin's now going TO. Lsu you wanted to talk about, this but not as like a college football, story but more a more of a media.
Speaker 3: Story so the, floor, Y, yeah.
Speaker 1: So there is. Something here's a little parental you, know to tie in demons being a new. Parent here's something you don't have to worry about this for a very long, time. Demanse but this IS i take this with you some parental, wisdom, okay because this to me has applied mostly particularly with my, daughters more so with you than with, you and really the most With, deanna our, youngest which is you give them, options both of which are things they. Want it's not, like you, know be. Cliche each your vegetables are clean your. Room it's two things that they would want to do, independently, Like, oh you can go to the mall with mommy or you can go hang out With. Nana it's your. Choice and then they seem no matter what they choose, to instead of being be excited about what they're going to get to, do sad about the thing they're not. Doing and one of the things That i've said to your little sister a bunch is YOU'RE i don't want to be, harsh but you're, like you're not allowed to be sad about the choice if you're the one that's making the, choice like you, are you have two. Options they're both good options whichever no matter how much uh wistfulness you might feel about not being able to do the, other you must feel like you're gonna get more joy from doing the one you're. Choosing that's why you're choosing, It. Okay so like when when you have two really good options in front of you and you are the one who's making the, choice sadness should not be associated with it because you. Are if it really is making that, sad then pick the other, one like you're making the. Choice that is a lesson that more, adults most notably in this, Case Lane kiffen and some of his apologists in the media never. Learned Lane kiffen had two great. Options stay At Ole, miss coach this team through The College Football, playoff get a sick, raise get an even better, contract and be a legend In. Oxford or Leave Ole miss go to RIVAL, lsu get an even sicker contract for a more prestigious, program and have an opportunity to create a historic, legacy while knowing that will mean abandoning your team on the precipice of the biggest games it's played in program. History please do not cry these alligator tears about how sad you are or how tough this. Was you chose to. Leave that is your. Prerogative you are absolutely allowed to do. That but if it if it's that devastating of a, choice then. Choose you should have chose to, stay and you had to know there was a very, realistic overwhelmingly likely possibility that if you chose to, leave they were not going to let you coach the. Playoff you chose it. Anyway, again the ridiculous lawless college football world allows these things to happen in a way they could never happen in pro. Sports you could, never like could never if last, year before THE afc playoffs, started The bills couldn't have, Said, Hey Andy, reid we'll give you thirty million a year to Leave Kansas city and come to us, immediately even If andy wanted. To they're not allowed to because there's a governing body in place that doesn't exist in college. Football so this is allowed to, happen and given made his, choice so be, It salu good. LUCK i think it screws over the players a, bit but even though they're young, people they kind of know the. Business they're in college. Football it's the Wild. West. Fine so that's my take On. Kiffin my take on the commentary surrounding it, Is, Listen i'm not into all everybody's Like Jimmy, sexton you, know has all these, coaches he's the. Agent that actually is, True but then there's a lot of And Jimmy sexton works FOR, cia AND cia represents these media personalities and so they're conflicted. OUT i, LISTEN i used to be repped BY. Cia that that bag demand's that you carry some of your electronics in as A cia sports. Bag i'm no longer repped BY. Cia people throw a lot of like. EIGHT i don't think people totally understand how the agent stuff works like. People people seem to think folks in the media work for their, agents when we are the ones who pay the, agents like the agents work for. Us So i'm not gonna get into the agent part of, it BECAUSE i think that is a red. Hearing here's what's not a red hearing the amount of otherwise smart people blaming a grownups decision on an inanimate. Object this object is the. Calendar, oh it's the calendar's. Fault the college football calendar is just fucked everybody. Here that's the. Issue you can't. Blame, oh of Course lane's is gonna take the best job and it's The is the college football calendar a? Mess? Sure does that mean we remove agency from choices adults make like? To, again this is not a perfect, example But i've, talked you, know somewhat about how one of my CAREER i don't even want to call it bucket, list but Things i'd really like to do but Doubt i'll ever be able to do it is be a part of An olympics. Broadcast, Right, so the Winter olympics are around the, corner AND, i, AGAIN i have a real, contract not these weird college football, contracts SO i couldn't even do. This but just stick with me for a. Moment let's say The chiefs do go on a sick run and make the, playoffs and then let's say they Are we're staring at a divisional round Of Chiefs ravens and then potentially a conference championship round Of Chiefs. Patriots like the First Things first, Bonanza and in the week of that divisional, ROUND nbc calls me up and they're, Like, nick we want you to come To. Milan we want you to come be a part of Our Winter olympics, Broadcast but obviously you'd have to be done with first things first immediately IF i said yes to, that and Then wilds And brew were understandably. Upset but then people were, like, well you can't Blame, nick it's this stupid, Calendar like why the why do The Winter olympics have to you, know overlap with THE nfl, Playoffs like if only it were three weeks, later it'd be. Fine, no, yes it would a lot of things in life would be easier and maybe better if we had them planned, out like THE i talk about all the, time THE Us Open Men's final being on the First sunday OF nfl. FOOTBALL i hate that it's the. Calendar change it, fine but, again choices adults, make weighing all their, options they must be accountable for. Them and certainly we're not gonna blame dates like it's just so the and the amount of water carrying That i've heard over the last week from folks that simply it's LIKE i like the too, long didn't read version is EITHER i Like Lane, kiffen Or Lane kiffen is a source Or lane kipping and eye of mutual business. Interests whatever it, is it's just. Embarrassing and AGAIN i don't even kill him for the. DECISION i think there's pros and cons of. DECISION i happen to think he made the way riskier. Decision he could have been a legend At Ole miss for the next twenty, years but it's not what he wanted to. Do so you, know the contract allows for. It, fine and.
Speaker 2: But almost Like Miles garrett with the contract that he accepted and like you, say, Yes i'm tired of. Losing and then he got the money and he stayed.
Speaker 1: Yes and then by the, way no problem with. It, yeah But i'm not going to feel badly, Afterwards and so THE i DON'T i don't, know, MAN i there is some there's a level of shamelessness in some of the coverage of these things THAT I I i.
Speaker 3: Find it's not acknowledging the fact that.
Speaker 1: Left she made a. Decision it screws over The Old miss kids a. Bit he knew, it he was okay with. It we don't need to pretend He we don't need to pretend it was deeper Than Lane kiffen did what he thought was the best For Lane kiffen and was able to the he he would have been more sad about missing out on the opportunity to COACH lsu than he is sad about leaving the kids At All miss and missing out on the opportunity to coaching the college football. Playoffs it's as simple as, that all, Right let's go to THE nba.
Speaker 2: Quick all the gold Standard Western conference teams BESIDES okc played last night and they. Lost what's happened in THE nba since we've, last since we've?
Speaker 1: Last The laker, Also BRON i told you, Guys bron's double digit streak is gonna be on life support all. Year last, night down twenty in the, fourth he's sitting on. Seven he's sitting on seven, points hits a three and then checks. Out but, uh The lakers have been playing really. Well they looked awesome in the game we were at and For, Lakers, Rockets, nuggets all of whom lost last. Night there is one goal for this regular. Season don't be the four, seed be the. Two AVOID okac as long as possible and see what. Happens like so, there these games really do matter in that. Regard but here's this is this is not going to Be I'M i try to never do this ON. Tv something THAT i think is not GREAT tv, content BUT i know will do well on the internet BECAUSE i think it is selfish because THE tv show Like, fox is paying me for. It wild and brew are we're all. PARTNERS i have a little more leeway on that here BECAUSE i own. It demons AND i are. Partners he's you, know if it goes viral or, whatever it's good for both of us in that. Regard So i'm telling you right, now just to the people watching on YouTube or, LISTENING i am doing this For, Instagram, Okay i'm just letting you guys, know or For twitter or. Whatever jannis had a press conference a few days ago where he said that he thinks they might be sitting there in four or five, years and he is the NBA's all time leading. Scorer AND i Love. Jiannis everybody Loves, giannis And i'm not here to Kill jannis for that because he either was joking or was, confused but it does give me an opportunity to remind the audience what that would actually, take what that would actually, take because, again it's a regular season, record so we don't Even lebron doesn't even, have of, course get credit for being the all time playoff leading scorer by a. Mile but it should be noted That jannis is literally demanse not halfway. There, okay he's. It he just got to twenty one. Thousand lebron is at forty two thousand and. Change so just a very quick math lesson on what it would take For yannis to become the NBA's all time leading scorer in five. Years here's what it would. Take it would Take lebron retiring. Today let's just say he's, done but his number is. Frozen yannis then would have to over five. Seasons what do we think a fair number is demand he plays eighty games a year to make it, simple, okay so eighty times, five that's pretty. Simple that's four. Hundred, okay he's twenty one thousand point. Shy let's call it twenty, thousand just for simplicity to see for if you were to come just. Close so what Would giannis have to do over five? Years and the answer is play eighty games all five years and average a very reasonable fifty points a. Game and if he did, that he would find himself just fourteen, fifteen one hundred point. Shy that's all he's got to. Do so if we don't Think yannis is going to average fifty a game, fifty we can, though say all, right how. Many let's just say he averages thirty a, game which that seems reasonable right his. Career his career number is twenty, four but he's averaged thirty on the nose each of the last three. Years he's a thirty point a game. Guy, again the math on this is quite. Simple twenty one thousand points would not get him, there but he'd be just a few hundred. Shy If lebron again never scores. Again so if you average thirty a game demonse and you need twenty one, thousand let's figure that. Out twenty one thousand divided by thirty is seven. Hundred so what would that be at eighty games a? Season so If yannis plays eighty games a year for the next nine years and averages thirty points per game and each and every, year he'll almost have the scoring record If lebron never scores, again which is to, say no one is ever approaching the. Number it's not it's not, hyperbole it's not, well you don't know it is you have to somehow be the youngest guy to do, everything and the oldest guy to do, everything and literally play longer than anyone, has and be the most durable player ever to do. It just one last small piece of context for, it just BECAUSE i don't think people fully understand. It if you took let me find a good a good trio of like guys at different phases of their. Career who's a good Young where do we think he is? AT i was gonna Say Jalen, brunson but he's been in the league a long. Time But i'm gonna check it real, quick and then we can move on because this might be interesting for people love. It Tyrese maxie is a great. Example if you said To, Yannis, yannis here's the. Deal it's not fair to ask you to Catch, bron but you're gonna get credit for all of your points twenty one, thousand all Of kawhi's points fifteen, thousand and all Of Tyrese maxey's points six, thousand they'd almost be. There all all put, together you'd almost be. There so, Again i'm a honest. Guy he's an underdog to get To, again it's taken him thirteen years to get to twenty one. Thousand he's an underdog to get to thirty two, thousand much less forty two. THOUSAND i just felt the need to stop. Dreaming. Yo that's, well, LISTEN i Like, giannis but give me a. Break you ever notice how everything keeps going? Up rent's going, up streaming services going, up your favorite burrito, spot things sols a cost. Extra with Boost, mobile you and your phone bill don't have to play the will this go up? Soon?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Why because Boost mobile has unlimited, talk text and data plan at a, price they'll never go. Up in, fact it's the same price you'll pay for, Life so switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go. Up only At Boost. Mobile after thirty, gigs customers will or customers may experience lower. Speeds customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on The Boost unlimited. Plan all, right one of our favorite things every year to monsay is talking about who's actually gonna get in The hall Of, fame because it's one of my favorite. Things we're gonna do it in full On. Thursday but here's why this year's class is so. Special you have two guaranteed first ballot guys In breeze And Larry. Fitzgerald the guys who it's first time on the ballot Are Breeze Rivers Frank, Gore Fitzgerald. Witten breeze And fitzgerald are guaranteed first, ballot which means there are Five there are five Spots, Breeze fitzgerald, locks so three of the following get In Eli Rivers Frank, Gore Fred, Taylor Tory, Holt Steve, Smith, Hines Ward, Reggie, Wayne, Jason, Witten Adam, Vinent, Terry Willie, Anderson Lomas, Brown Jarry, Evans Richmond, Webb Steve, Wisnowski Marshall, Yonda Robert, Mathis vince Will, Fork Kevin, Williams Luke, Keikley Terrell, Suggs Rodney, Harrison Earl, Thomas Darren. Woodson it's an unbelievably difficult class to get, in and a bunch of guys that were finalists last year are gonna be waiting. Again all. RIGHT a reminder to you guys to any questions or common chef For demons about being a new. Dad put him in the. Chat i'm gonna quickly go over the games we didn't get. To packers beat The. Lions micah was. Unbelievable Jordan love played as well as he can. Play that's The packer team that looks like it can win A Super. Bowl we've only seen him twice all, year both times when they played The. Lions but that team is. Dangerous bengals beat The. Ravens something's wrong With lamar and can't just be THE i, mean it can't just be that his toe's. Hurt like he's got to be, better and it is The The ravens are six and, six but in such a different six and six position than The chiefs because of that. Division but they're not in a different position in this. Regard they just making the playoffs and losing is means nothing to, them and so they they've got to play better and hardball should be getting. Nervous, Meanwhile Joe, burrow, uh you, know looked. Good welcome Back Joe, burrow and it's glad to have him. Back And i'm glad he's. Playing panthers beat The. Rams stafford's heater finally cools. OFF i still think he's THE mvp through thirteen, weeks but now it's really, close and The panthers sticking, around sticking, around make it gonna make the, bucks you, know earn. It dolphins beat The saints in a game that almost had an all time collapse and also had one of my favorite. Plays it's super, rare the rare two point conversion pick. Six that's a pick two that ended up being super important because it not only stopped The saints from tying the, game but then gave The dolphins a four point, lead and The saints got the two point or the on side, Kick so the fact that they needed a touchdown and not a field goal really. Mattered texans meet The colts twenty to. SIXTEEN i talked about this, earlier the culture falling. Apart i'd be on highlert If i'm The colts and The texans are, scary but it might be too, little too. Late niners defeated The browns twenty six to. Eight party played, well some questionable game manager By. Stefanski shador was. Fine shador is gonna have plenty of time to prove. Himself i'm, skeptical but he was. Fine jets meat The falcons twenty seven to twenty four remindered. Everyone The falcons send their first round pick to The. Rams The falcons send their first round pick to The. Rams jags beat The titans twenty five to three and. One That titans team is one of the worst teams of the last, decade maybe the. Worst they're just. Bad deanna was watching with Me. Demansey she asked, me if guys on The Titan she's, like can someone be LIKE i just don't want to play for you? Anymore AND i said to, HER i was, like, well if you're a really good, player you can kind of demand a. Trade and, oh, yeah that was. Different that's just he's all and just wants out feeling by the, way who was, LIKE i don't want to be on The, PANTHERS i want to play in a meaningful. Games goes to The vikings And panthers playing meaningful. Games but When Dea deanna then said to, Me she's, like will do the Uh titans have any players good enough to demand a? Trade like one hell of a. Question the answer is, One Jeffrey. Simmons they have one really good. Player that's. It The bucks beat The. Cardinals not a great, game but a needed studying game For baker and The. Bucks baker playing with the. Shoulder Max brosmer attempted to play quarterback for The. Vikings The seahawks were not having. It it's a, reminder here's the. Deal there's about twenty people alive demons that can PLAY nfl. Quarterback, well there's about another forty to fifty that you can put out there and make. Do every other human being walking the. Planet you put them out, there it's just going to be a cartoon show the whole. Game there's not seventy five people alive that can play quarterback in THE nfl and not have. It looking is a civilian that's what you're. Saying he's yes at this, moment he's a. Civilian bill's beat The steelers twenty six to. Seven josh didn't even. LISTEN i understand that the media industrial complex is going to make that game About Josh allen when it was About James cook the running. Game Like, Josh josh is, awesome he did not play that well in that. Game And Aaron rodgers scorpion in the frog once. AGAIN i can't believe you stung me throwing everybody under the. BUS i now. KNOW i Know Mike williams is no the red. LINE i Know john News smith cutting an outbreaker on an inn breaker and guys are missing meetings Thanks aaron H chargers beat The. Raiders That raiders pick is going to go down and infamy is one of my worst picks of all. Time The broncos beat The commanders in ot another close. Call it lucky, win but that's THE i. Think despite the. Pick the two best Games i've Seen Drake may play this year Or Drake may sorry Bo knicks play this year are the last two games good for him and. Them speaking Of Drake, may he was awesome last. Night The giants are a. Mess Abdul carter's late for meetings. Again all, right, demons so Ig nogee, says you, know says nice. Things we appreciate. That, Oh jeff with a great. Question what sports teams Will mila be raised to be a fan?
Speaker 2: Of, well it would appear That maddie's family seems to be More browns, Fans but Obviously i'm A ravens. Fan The CHIEFS i think are pretty big in the. FAMILY i think It'll i'm Maybe i'll put her in A ravens. Ones you see what you, know see what she takes to see How, yeah but, yeah you can't foist The browns on. Her yeah, no she can't.
Speaker 1: Be she can't be ten years old and be, like wait a, MINUTE i had an opportunity between The chiefs and The. BROWNS i live IN la and you picked The browns at least The. Ravens like there's something there makes a little bit of. Uh mark, says what's your favorite part about being a new?
Speaker 2: PARENT i think looking into her eyes honestly and just being like this responsible for some other other thing or other thing other. HUMAN i GUESS i should SAY i just always had. Snakes it's we ramped it up a little bit with the. Baby it's, yeah it's.
Speaker 3: Honestly the most real thing is looking into her.
Speaker 1: EYES i think that's my favorite. Part. Matt what's something easier than you thought it would be and something you didn't realize beforehand that you do now?
Speaker 3: EASIER i think sleeping in bed with.
Speaker 2: HER i thought that was going to be super, complicated but that's actually really easy and we prefer.
Speaker 1: IT i think.
Speaker 2: Maybe getting her to fall ASLEEP i thought also was going to be a little bit. Harder but when she when all the boxes are, checked she's, out you, know diaper change, full she cold when all those boxes are. Checked as long as she's not like super gassy or, nothing it's pretty easy to. Either AND i found a couple of hacks that work pretty well with getting her to go to sleep a little bit. Faster like there was one, TIME i guess the first week that she came, out there was just one night where you, Know maddie was she was.
Speaker 1: Exhausted she obviously gave birth a few days.
Speaker 2: Ago there was just one NIGHT i was, like, hey you should trust, Me like you just go to, Sleep i'm gonna take. HER i got, It da da, da and she's. Fussing she's. FUSSING i take her over to the faucet to like get something, ready and she just starts falling asleep just to the, faucet like without even the bottle or. ANYTHING i sit there over the faucet for like five ten. Minutes she, knocks AND i just take her back in.
Speaker 1: The room AND i go to. Sleep the sound of the, water.
Speaker 2: LIKE i didn't even need a feed her or, anything just the sound of the. Water it's like very calming to. Her but, YEAH i. WAS i was really proud of myself for finding. That it's, like because you, Know i'm, Busting i'm rustling through, everything and THEN i look down it's, like, oh she's not even a problem.
Speaker 3: Anymore but but, yeah that was pretty.
Speaker 1: COOL u Corn pop, says my first paternity leave was the best time in, life just the three of. US i assume he, means is you know a girl and the? Baby, yes binged a lot of. Shows are you watching anything?
Speaker 2: Good we have gotten a lot of show time In. Snowfall we finished. OUT i don't know if, That, yeah we Finished. Snowfall we've started watching a little bit of The. Wire can't really get past the first couple of. EPISODES i think we're like into the second. Episode and then we.
Speaker 3: Also finished that show that just came out On netflix Called.
Speaker 1: The beast In.
Speaker 3: Me that was that was PRETTY goodod yeah really so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, LISTEN i Think The wire is the greatest show. Ever but it's. Slow but you said you were thinking about Watching The, sopranos which you definitively should watch and. Get, yeah, ALSO i.
Speaker 2: WILL i think we'll have a Better we'll be better off going with that one instead Of The, wire BECAUSE i don't know how long it takes for The wire to kick, in BECAUSE i feel Like i've.
Speaker 1: Also watched episode, three, right it takes a, while but it's. Unbelievable but it also it's but if you're already, tired like the it's maybe not the not the. Show all, Right we'll do more of these on future shows as demons like this is the one of the best. Things John lopez my old co and he texts, me congratulations to you yesterday co host In houston told, me because he had kids older than my, kids that was totally. Correct And i'll say to you, now every age is the best. Age every single age is the, best and just for different, reasons so, like this is super. Fun and then in a few months when she starts developing a pieces of a, personality it'll be. Amazing. Yeah and then a few months after that when she has a real, personality the whole, thing it'll be. Great what happened for your? Soul And i'm so glad you're? Back all? Right reminder like, rate subscribe, Review talk to you guys On. Thursday shout out To volume and To Blue duck and to Hard, rock Bat, Boost wayfair and of Course. Zen talk to you Guys. Thursday we'll trip