Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 2: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat. The Lord's Price Guarantee game Time takes the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the Lord's Price Guaranteed or game Time will credit one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time, download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account, redeem code Nightcap Nightcap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, Last minute tickets, Lords Price Guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all see who it is.
Speaker 4: We back.
Speaker 1: We are back and like you Crena Labar said, they not like us. Thank you, Thank you, lady and gentlemen for joining us for our episode. First episode back from baking. I am your favorite on Shining Sharp and the guy that's coming here, y'all.
Speaker 3: See who it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, baby, the number eighty five, your favorite number eighty five, the rout Runner extraord Now the Beagles legend line lie from Liberty City. Shat oh Joe, see though Johnson, y'all, we may shot like us, We may shot like us.
Speaker 5: That's what we're talking about. Hell that was that's the way you're making entrance. Huh oh shit, you sit alarm.
Speaker 3: Of holdold, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: This band this man does set the fire alarm off in his house. Ladies and gentlemen, hold on. But that's the way you make an interest. Thank you guys for patiently waiting for us. I know we've been on vacation. We needed some time to recharge, recharge, decompressed because we're about to hit this grind starting in September, going four days a week up until November, and then from November until the end of February, we're gonna go five days a week. So we needed some time off to recharge, the reboot and to kick this thing off.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you again for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: As I said before, I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, the guy that made the grand interest with the smoke that set his fire to alarm off is the favorite.
Speaker 3: Is your favorite number eighty five. He's the route.
Speaker 1: Runner extraordinary, He's the bingle ring of fame see a pro bowler an all pro liberty cities own mister Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Guys, do us a favor. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button where one point three million subs. We've been kind of stagnant because we haven't been on. Let's see if we can get that thing to one point five before the season kicks off.
Speaker 3: Guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every podcast subscriber counts and we're trying to take over the charts, but we need your help. We're able to get this far thanks to you. Please make sure you check out my shade by Laportier. We are taking pre orders again. I've been informed every order has been filled. Thank you guys for your patience. Thank you for helping shape By Laportier become one of the best selling vsops in the country. Please go follow my media company page on all platform that's Shay Shaped Media and my clothing company eighty four. That's eighty four spelled out the link to the Nightcap merchants pinned at the top of the Chat youth code umph. This discount applies on everything now are also been told everyone has received their merch their Nightcap merch all orders up and field, and you guys told us you know what the quality you know? Look, y'all know anything about me. I'm gonna give you the best I try. I try to get put on the best possible show. That's what we try to Shoe and I try to strive to do every single episode. We try to give you the best club Shay Shade, the exact same thing. And yes, I understand the prices are a little bit more expensive, but the quality, you're not gonna be able to beat the quality. I guarantee you that. So thank you guys for supporting us. Is so good to be back. Oh cho, Yeah, how you and Ral spend the last six weeks. Oh Choe, I mean we ain't been at it. You and Ray, how y'all been doing.
Speaker 6: Boy, we've been beating, Bob. We've been beating by what listen, I mean a little bit of everything. That's why I was so upset. I was so upset when we when we when we went off. And you know, it's different. You know a lot I know a lot of people out there and relationships and and most of the time, you know, we we don't.
Speaker 3: We don't. We don't talk about the bad.
Speaker 6: We always we always gravitate to the good and everything, always being happy. And but well we've been beefing unk. We don't following each other and all. Listen, I'd have took all beefing about. Hey, just just it's it's relationship ship, you know, it's it's fiance and and and and and wife ship like like marriage ship, like.
Speaker 3: Just be getting serious. It's the countdown.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, now listen to me. Let me tell you how serious it is. Let me tell how serious it is. You know how I am about my gaming equipment and my gaming and my TVs and and my PC and all that. Right, Yes, we were beefing to the point, right, I took all my I took my whole setup, I took my whole gaming sep and I went to mc grandma house for for.
Speaker 3: Five d's what. Yeah, I don't listen. I don't listen. I'm not combative. I love I love my baby.
Speaker 6: I love my baby to death right, But just like I just needed, I needed, I need to ex heal for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I need to breathe for a little bit.
Speaker 6: You feel me, you know. And I had I see, Nightcap would have been my outlet.
Speaker 3: I didn't have. I didn't I didn't have Nightcap and I needed Nightcap. I needed you.
Speaker 6: So I had no outlet. So instead of me going back and forth with this one, what did I do? I took a mental reset. I took a mental break and then and then I came back at the four five a's you know, at my grandma house. You know, it felt a little weird with her not being there. You know, I felt well sleeping in that bed again. You know, says I was a shorty.
Speaker 3: But I'm back.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling good to show us back and here she go, here, here she go?
Speaker 3: What's up? Tell your side of the story. Reel where rail at a lot.
Speaker 6: I don't care who tell it.
Speaker 4: His ass was bored. He didn't have nothing else to do but get on my last nerve. I'm working hard, and since Nightcap is not going on, football season hasn't started yet, he don't have shit to do but get on my nerves. And he's mad because I'm not giving him the attention that he needs and wants because I'm working, right, he wanted to start arguments.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you need to go right.
Speaker 1: I mean, if somebody got to work, everybody can't be on vacation at the same time.
Speaker 4: Bro, exactly. So I'm glack. Nightcap has started. He had something to do so he can get out my hair.
Speaker 3: But y'all got to figure it out now, yo. We y'all good? Now right? Get good?
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no no, no, we ain't good because you know how you know, listen, I ain't followed back yet on Instagram. I ain't followed back on Twitter. I archived all the pictures, you know, she archived all my pictures. And when we're gonna go to therapy, We're gonna go to therapy, damn. And this shit serious, man, because listen, I'm here for the long haul.
Speaker 3: You. So she needs to understand that. So we're gonna do this for the long haul.
Speaker 6: Listen, there's certain obstacles and hurdles that we need to get over before we got walked down the God damn our honey, because I'm not finna be the one to play.
Speaker 3: I don't playing that ship. Well. I think the thing is o shoe, is that you have to understand.
Speaker 1: You understood that she had a job that required a lot of her time. Yeah, but you gotta also understand when you got when y'all got together, right, you weren't doing anything three four times a week, right, and so now you needed something to fill that void. And so you like, well, baby feel that boy, she said, no, I got work to feel. That's what she talked about. You want to be a stay at home dad. Somebody got to pay these bills up.
Speaker 3: In here, all right, But listen, she the one paying them. I respect that.
Speaker 6: I respect that right, But listen, at the same time, this is very important, especially people in the chat. This is what you got to do. We always glorify, We always glorify.
Speaker 3: All the good.
Speaker 6: You want to know all the good about the person went, all the good. So for me, I pull a trigger on getting the ring and wanted to propose and saying, you know what, I learned all the bad about all the bad about her, all the bad because everybody got a bad side.
Speaker 3: Everybody do. That's why.
Speaker 6: I don't know why when people meet each other they try to put on this facade like they're just so perfect.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to know the good.
Speaker 6: Let me know the bad, to see all the non negotials and some of the things that I can deal with and I'm willing to how far.
Speaker 3: How much can I tolerate? That's what you need to know, and that's what I've done.
Speaker 6: So it kind of it kind of got to me a little bit because I wanted some attention, you know sometimes you know, I ain't had no show, I ain't had no outlet, right, so I need I needed that and she couldn't provide me with that.
Speaker 1: No, I was hot, I was thirty. I'm hot, ojo, What do you tell? What did you tell the women? Look, I can I can bring work home, but I can't take you to work. She can't take you to work, o Joe. She gotta get themselves.
Speaker 3: She got to do. She got a business.
Speaker 1: The rud now because imagine now if the shoe was on the other foot, you in football season, and she ain't got and she and all of a sudden something happened and transpire and she all over your Well, we ain't doing nothing, no jokes. Hey, I need you to give me some attention. What you're gonna say?
Speaker 7: She would put it right there in the stands.
Speaker 1: You Nah, she don't want to be in the stand. She want your attention. She ain't got your attention in the stand seventy three or twenty five other that's all since then they got thirty five other, thousand got your attention.
Speaker 6: He ain't got your attention under that. Yeah, but listen, we were working. Though we're working. It's working progress.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm glad.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I think to myself, right, uh, I look too good to be putting up with this bullshit.
Speaker 1: Now. I looked too good now. I was on no no, no, no, no, no, at this junket. You might Hey, you done been in this thing for five years. You ain't really trying to learn somebody, you.
Speaker 3: Know I talk about that. Oh, I ain't going nowhere. Yeh roa time out.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, let's stop, let's stop the motherfucker train. Listen, she has provided me a life style.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That ain't nobody else going to give. I ain't going nowhere, right, I'm just I'm just addressing.
Speaker 3: I would have went to my grandma house. Huh.
Speaker 1: I say, baby, hey, you upstairs in the master bedroom. I'm downstairs. Oh, we're gonna figure it out. We're gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Pas oh Joe, We're gonna be like passing trains and no, wet no.
Speaker 6: I wasn't doing that. I needed my I needed my space. And the mentory said, I I was. I was at my little brother, my love brother. I know, my little brother, Chauncey watching Chauncey. I appreciate you, baby brother. You got ten thousand square feet, you got space.
Speaker 3: Why you went to he got mad? Will? I left? Well left, he got mad? Right.
Speaker 4: I went to a party and that was you know that tequila was talking. I was like, baby, oh shit, oh yeah, this was the last shaw.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: She went to a party with a homegirl, right, yeah, and hit me on the phone at the party.
Speaker 3: It was like twelve thirty.
Speaker 6: He said, baby, I'm on that don Julio, you better be ready when I get home. H This this motherfucker came home and went straight to sleep.
Speaker 3: I will listen.
Speaker 6: I ain't want to put I ain't want to put the minutes out there.
Speaker 3: But since she bought it, that was the final straw. That was the final straw. You have to keep it real.
Speaker 4: He over here line, I'm gonna tell the truth of why he really went to his girl.
Speaker 3: You don't how you're gonna tell me.
Speaker 6: I done took a shower, I then loationened up, I got ready, so I'm okay boom.
Speaker 3: I done prepared myself with her ass mentally.
Speaker 1: So she come home.
Speaker 3: She staggering the door.
Speaker 6: So I pretend like, hold on, I pretend like I'm sleep though, I pretend like I'm sleep, So she get into bed.
Speaker 3: So I'm waiting over to make a move, like touch my thigh or something. Just just just touch mem doing little something.
Speaker 6: Let me know you ready for that action, right?
Speaker 3: I left.
Speaker 6: Five minutes go by, I'm pretending like I'm still asleep. All of a sudden, all our hear is I'm like, oh, hell no, oh, I ain't say nothing. I put on a little slash. I put on a slash.
Speaker 3: And I cleared it because there was an argument. I didn't want to argue.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, what did you take? What did you tell me? You don't let the defense dictate what you gonna do? Why you let her dictate you on our fence? You dictate that. Uh.
Speaker 6: When you see a promotion on TV right and you read what it's saying, and that's what you're expecting based off what you read on the promo, don't sell me. No, damn no, no, damn dream like Martin Luther King, you called my phone.
Speaker 3: You don't even have to call me. You ain't have to call Don't call me and send me no dream about.
Speaker 6: Oh when I get home, you better be ready because I'm on this Don Julio. I don't even know Don and I don't know no nigga Dame Julio.
Speaker 3: So I'm getting read Jones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I done took a shower. You're not understanding the preparation and the steps I went there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ready?
Speaker 6: I want because I just want to because that's what.
Speaker 7: Women doing that.
Speaker 3: So all you see what? Oh, Yoe, what did I tell you?
Speaker 1: One of the biggest causes of breakups uncommunicated expectations. You were expecting her to make a move, she was expecting you to make a move. It ain't nobody communicating nothing. Remember I told you that on your team, uncommunicated.
Speaker 3: That, Saity. You see what you just said.
Speaker 6: She communicated her right, She communicated when she called my phone knowing I was sleeping at twelfth Dairy the night when I'm not normally not up at that time. So why would you get me aroused with that type of excitement knowing I'm already sleeping, for one, and then tell me what you're gonna do and what to be prepared.
Speaker 3: For once you get home. And do you get home and you go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I tell you what you and do. Y'all have vultures? Y'all have buzzards laid flying around it? Do y'all have those flying?
Speaker 6: Well, we're in Miami. We only got flamingos and peacocks. Okay, anybody from the South, y'all know what I'm talking about. Like when they're a dead animal, like laying down. You see the vultures, the buzzards right right hovering over.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, if you pretend that you dead, one of them will come knock fire for you. So hey, why she pretended like she was sleep? You should have not fired from him.
Speaker 7: No, because she won't pretending. You don't save me no dream you don't.
Speaker 6: You don't act like you, you don't act like you're on demon time, and you finnah get filthy with it and they come home.
Speaker 3: Oh I had a team me with her. Oh I had a headache. What excuse me?
Speaker 1: That's a problem I have met that. She'd have never made it to the band shed you. She wasn't supposed to make it to the bad She was supposed to be standing behind the door ball.
Speaker 6: You don't understand from that point on. I'm not sure when that was. We've been beefing ever since this unfollowed up. I took all her pictures down, like you ain't finna play with me like that, don't kill me like that, don't.
Speaker 3: Save me no dreams.
Speaker 6: You know what you You couldn't even just hit you. You didn't even had to have my phone. You could came home with the sleep. I wouldn't have said nothing. It wouldn't have been no problem. I packed up all my ship. It wasn't nothing in this damn office except that goddamn sign back there.
Speaker 3: I took everything to my grandma house. I had to help. I was trying to stand on business.
Speaker 1: I wish I wouldn't somebody would have called beach about hey, because I'll be staring at the cameras, shoot of the mother, shoot the car pull up in the driveway out and the life cut off. Oh that's for me, supper downstairs. I go, hey, A I was she opened the door? Baby, all right there, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: This is the lesson.
Speaker 7: It's a lesson learned. It's a listen learn for her. It's a lesson learn for me.
Speaker 6: Despite the lack of communication in this instance, in this in this situation, we're straight.
Speaker 7: We cool.
Speaker 6: Like a scale of to ten, we about a six because I ain't followed the back on none of the my socials yet. But yeah, I bet you. I bet one thing. I bet this won't happen again. M hm, I bet it won't happen again.
Speaker 1: It won't happen. It wouldn't happened no time. Ship Okay, oh Joe, first segue of the night. It is time for a news cap old, go James. Oh my bad, I forgot I forgot hey, Hey, hey, that it is my bad.
Speaker 3: Guys have a little rusty.
Speaker 1: It's been about six weeks, although it been no nightcap in six weeks for trust be your boy, been working news cap.
Speaker 3: Thirty nine year.
Speaker 1: Old Gold James had to save the team from a historic upset South Sudan on Saturday. Led the way down the stretch. I think he had eleven points in the four and a four minute span in the fourth quarter against Germany. Today, let's take a listen to what Lebron had to say John the preliminary game.
Speaker 8: He saw Steers tell me, good, down two games in the row, and that's gonna be good for us. Like playing the Rod you can South, all right, you got six games over one game at a time, all right, y'all.
Speaker 3: O old, that's the goal, no matter how close it is.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, Look, you play the win, whether you win by forty five or your win one, as long as you win the game. I think Lebron, oh, Joe, you know when you go to the Pro Bowl, you want to show everybody I'm.
Speaker 3: The real deal. Yes, I know, everybody else here is the real deal.
Speaker 1: Losso I'm not trying to diminish anybody, But sometimes I think y'all forgot because I'm thirty nine, because I haven't been to the NBA Finals, and you hear about Gianni's and you hear about Jokic, and you hear about Luca and you got it, man, you got JT. But y'all know, y'all know, y'all know who I am. Y'all know what I am. And he showed that there's a pride level and there's still I'm still Lebron James, and when I need to pull this kp out and down the stretch against Sudan, we needed to pull the kp out. And today against Germany, remember Dennis Shrewder was I think the fever most valuable player last year. Germany have NBA player. I think the south of the Suitanese they got too. I think Win You and Gabriel and another guy on that team that was the Charlotte, the bobcat right camp.
Speaker 3: But Lebron was sensational.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna get the people that try to diminish him because you here's what they're gonna say. Jordan would have never been in that situation. Kobe would have never allowed that to happen. All I'm saying is, what what about those other guys that's on the team. Y'all do realize Steph Curry, Joel and b Jason Tatum, Devin Booker, and man all those other guys are on the team. Why they let it happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, these these are our best players that are representing our country. I like to see Lebron elevate his game at a level like that that we're accustomed to seeing normally here in the States. But doing it representing our country is a great thing. But I have one question to ask. Obviously, against against Sudan, it was a close game, they trailed in the fourth quarter. Against Germany, again they trailed in the fourth quarter until Lebron worked to the end. So I'm asking you because you have a better knowledge of the game than I do, especially when it comes to the Olympics in the US, say, playing against other teams. So is it more so that the NBA the NBA players, do you think they're having a hard time adjusting to the international rules or is the rest of the world finally catching up to us in the game of basketball?
Speaker 1: What they're catching up on, Joe, because they're playing I mean you got to understand think about how many when they when they when the NBA players first went back to the Olympics, in ninety two, you really only had two guys you had. You had Tony Kokoach. Yeah, I think you had Sharona's Marcelona Marcelonas, and I think you had what's uh the seventh quarter from Sacramento, his dad Sabonas.
Speaker 3: So you might have had three guys other than the NBA players that were in the NBA.
Speaker 1: But if you go to every team now, for the most part, there is an NBA player, maybe one or two that's on the team. Daniel Type plays in the NBA. Dennis Shrewder plays in the NBA. The rules are different. They let you get a little bit more physical.
Speaker 3: You can go.
Speaker 1: Old tend the ball. The rules are a little different, but there's no exuse. Plus, those guys have been playing together. Those guys grow up playing together or from the time they're like seven eight years old, they're playing together.
Speaker 3: And so they've been practicing for about two months. Right.
Speaker 6: Oh, so the chemistry, so obviously their chemistry can be much much better than those it is the US. Okay, okay, so we have nothing to worry about, We have nothing to wrong, don't to worry about. So the fact that these games are so close though we're trailing, you're trailing again. We trend again Germany. So are these bumps in the road that just there's nothing to worry about with that?
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think the lineups that we've been going out there with, I think Kevin Durant is probably gonna be in the starting lineup. They got to do a better job of taking care of the basketball. They turned the ball over entirely too much. And sometimes when you get a collection of great players together, they try to when I'm not selfish, and you overpass the basket ball or you try things that you probably wouldn't normally try. But uh no, I think I definitely think can they be beat Yeah, hell, y'all on one game, anything can happen, right right. But I love I love the way they they're they're becoming battle tested. Uh you look at Devin Booker had not shot the ball well. He was one for six, Lebron was eight of eleven, Joel and b was five of eight, Holiday was four or six, Steph was five or thirteen. Uh Ant man with four or seven, j T two or six, BAM two A four, a D three or five. They just got to do a better job of protecting the basketball. And if they do a better job protecting the basketball, I think they'll be fine. But you know, look, Canada, Canada is littered with NBA player. They got Shake Gilgers, they got Dylan Brooks, they got piled, they got a lot of guys, uh, Alexander Walker, they got they've probably got sixty seven guys that's on an NBA roster. I think that's gonna be Germany. It's gonna be a tough test. I think probably you might see Canada or German. I mean, Canada is in that death pool. They got a really tough bracket come out of. But they're gonna be They're gonna be fine.
Speaker 7: All right, Chack, y'all heard it. Y'all heard it there first USA basketball.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: But but but, oh Joe, it's just like it's just like anything. If if you think about it, you do something long enough, eventually they're gonna get better at it.
Speaker 3: They do it too.
Speaker 1: That's what when when David Stern had this idea, so, you know what, I want to open up this. I want to make this a global game, and I want to open it up. And you see the Dirk and the biscuits, and you see the guy, all those young guys that're like, man, I want to do that. And then you see it in ninety six, and you see it in two thousand, and you see now all of a sudden, they're like, hold on, wait a minute, you mean to tell me I can do something other than play soccer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as when you and Gabriel said, look, look we got seven footers and they're hurting cattle.
Speaker 3: So he's like, hold on this gift.
Speaker 1: He's got like, hold on, I don't want to do I want to I want to drive, letter start drilling the.
Speaker 3: Basketball, opening up borders. So I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that the US has been battle tested, because you you hate to build a situation, oh Joe, where you haven't been tested, and then the first time you get tested is in the knockout round.
Speaker 3: Now, so now they know, okay, but go James.
Speaker 1: You see hey, they put the ball in his hands and he's gonna make the right play. He's either gonna hey, I'm gonna drive and I'm gonna kick. I'm gonna get all the way to the hall. I trusted three point ball. He's had the three point ball going the last couple of games. But when he puts his head down, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 3: You know. You ain't nobody stopping that. Yeah, he like a bull in the china shop. There ain't nobody stopping that.
Speaker 1: But uh, Lebron said, hey, I do I think the adversity is good, but look, this is not ain't gola. The US is not gonna beat these teams like the original Dream Team with beaten teams by eighty points and the guys that never the guys that just picked up a basketball and just qualified for the limping. Those days are over. Yeah, those days are long long gone, and you have to be willing to accept. Look at look at softball. We used to be doping the women's softball teams. But guess what Japan Australia they started playing and they started playing and they got good. And some of those players came over here and played at UCLA and played at these other power high schools. They go back over there and Tadan they win gold medals now and get what happened?
Speaker 7: You know what the funny thing about it is.
Speaker 6: And for those of those are my soccer fans that are in the chat as you see how all the other countries are catching up to us when it comes to the game of basketball. I wish it could work in reverse for us over here when it comes to soccer, so we can go to other countries they can come after that baseball in the game of soccer, especially around World Cup time, which we have to come up in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Ojo, we got American football. They don't play that over there. We got basketball, they play that over there. We got baseball, we got we got too many things, like like Jamaica, Jamaica tracking track and field is.
Speaker 3: Their most popular sport.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, So they don't play basketball, they don't play football, they don't play baseball. All their focus is on that one thing. Yeah, so you look at a lot of these other countries their focus because we have so much to do to focus on.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want to I don't want to play soccer. I want to play football. I want to play basketball, I want to run track. I want to play baseball. So when you have those things and you can make money at all of them, Luca, what did Luca want to do?
Speaker 3: Luca? Originally Luca wanted to play want to play soccer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real, like man ain't a whole lot of six foot soccer six foot cent soccer player.
Speaker 3: He let go unless youre the goalie. That's about it.
Speaker 1: Exactly, same same thing with yo kids. Ninety two comes along, they say, hold on, I'm tall. Two thousands come along, I'm tall. I can play that sport. So when you have, oh Joe, if you go to a restaurant and all they have on the menu.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're gonna get that? But if they have a variety and you got mean, it's hard. Sometimes you go to what Cheez gave factory.
Speaker 1: They got fifteen thousand items and I'm supposed to choose one thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. But when you only have a choice to choose one thing.
Speaker 6: Well, I just I just wish the choice for soccer for that, for the for the most for the most part, because it's you got exciting exper.
Speaker 3: Boxing, you got a lot man. Oh yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I'm putting my bed down for the US men's national team. We're gonna win the World Cup in twenty twenty six. I'm just throwing that out there. I'm just throwing it at there now.
Speaker 1: I hope so Old Joe, hold on, Can we get to the medal round before we start talking about winning?
Speaker 3: Can we get to the medal round? How about that? Come on, I don't do that, man. No, can we get to the medal round? No Jo, this is our year, the whole We are the host nation. We were from the Winn. This were from the Winn. This is what they got to do with it. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, I just I got the fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: Lebron James, who's competing in his fourth Olympics, was serving the flag bear for the United States and the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. The opening ceremony will be held Friday at one thirty pm Eastern time. And we were having a live watch party. Yeah Yeahwhile Kad doesn't seem doesn't seem right now, he's upset about Leed being left out of the Nikes' latest ad commercial for the Olympics. Even his business partner and agent Rich Climbing Boys complaints and for the Win just pos through the article saying Team USA should have chosen Kevin Durant, not Lebron James, to be its Olympic flag bear.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would think so.
Speaker 6: Listen, I respect Lebron James and all that he has done, but when it comes to the Olympics, that is that I don't know if I want to say it's separate, the separate entity as opposed to the NBA basketball. This is Olympics basketball, obviously representing our country and Kevin Durant, who is obviously the all time leading Olympics scorer with four hundred and thirty five points. Lebron is second. No No Mellow was second with three hundred and thirty six. Lebron is third with two in the seventy three. So I'm trying to have a better understanding on why they picked Lebron obviously the.
Speaker 3: Best player. Stop right there, stop right there. Go back.
Speaker 1: To ask you again, why did they pick Lebron James to be the flag bear to lead their team in And Kevin, ask yourself that question again.
Speaker 3: I know why. That's why.
Speaker 6: That's why I said, arguably the greatest. I didn't get to change. You didn't give me a chance to finish. The gratest NBA basketball player to ever live. There's there's a conversation between him and Michael Jordan's always yes. Then I also wanted to separate the fact that representing our country as well, where Katie is the leading scorer, maybe maybe it's a conversation that can be had where he represents it himself, where you might you might not see it that way.
Speaker 3: I'm just asking.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to see why kat is upset, and I'm trying to see why his.
Speaker 1: Manager upset about the Nike ad. He said, the Nike ad. He's not being upset about being the ring. He's upset about being left off. He says, hold on, wait a second, James and I are the two biggest Nike basketball players. Now you can make it say, okay, Greek freak, okay, but I believe Lebron and I are the two biggest Nike athletes currently in the NBA. I should have been included in that ad. Why what I mean is that personal? I don't want that personal. I'm I'm not you know, in the market to advertising apartment. Who they Kevin's campaign.
Speaker 3: And Kevin Durant have a lifetime contract with Niki?
Speaker 1: He does, He, Lebron and Steph Curry are the only three current athletes that have lifetime call.
Speaker 3: But to me, that's a no brainer. To me, that's a no brainer. And not clear that somebody didn't have a brain.
Speaker 6: The higher ups, the higher roughs. I think there might be a personal vendetta or a personal situation. Because anytime you don't use one of the greatest scores of all time, who is representing our country, you don't use them an Olympic ad that everyone's going to see.
Speaker 1: That is personal. I don't think it's O Joe, the guy gonna get a billion dollars. How you gonna somebody give you a billion dollars? Then they all of a sudden, don't call, don't call. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, somebody said, oh Joe, we got you being gonna say, oh Joe, for the next fifty years, we're gonna pay you a billion dollars. Yes, okay, they have they have this ceremony and you don't get no invite. Man, they don't care nothing about me, Bion minus the money. I'm still representing my country. That means more to me darning the red white and my country.
Speaker 6: They didn't leave him homies there, but the promote the promo of the ad.
Speaker 3: Yes, because the ad ad lives forever. I get it.
Speaker 1: I get what I get what his frustration is because, like I said, I believe he and Lebron are the two biggest Nike athletes basketball athletes.
Speaker 3: That we that we currently have that's on Nike's roster.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Jordan is an entity of himself that Kobe is no longer with us but currently alive Lebron and KD. KD says, and you know, O Joe, you remember the ad. Everybody remember the Muppets when it was KD. I'm scared you when it was Lebron and Kobe. I still have a T shirt everybody. Everybody remember the ad with Pitty with Chris with Chris Rock was the boy little Pitty?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 1: You remember the bird magic and and and and the weapons or the and bird.
Speaker 3: Jordan's the McDonald's.
Speaker 1: So Katie understands that this thing is gonna stay alone laugh a lot longer than he's going to live. And I do believe he should have been included in the ads. But how many times have we seen people put out commercials or ads and we're like, who is in that room to let y'all put this out because the undertones or not what people might construe, like, were they not any women in the room? Were they not any blacks in the room where they're not a Hispanic Latino. So so I'm saying, were they not anybody in the room that's like, hold on, man, something ain't right here, Kevin Durant.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna have Katie in this, Not Katie kat not we not we Why See, That's that's why I said it got to be it got to be something. It got to be something. I don't think it's leave him out.
Speaker 6: To even leave him out when the recession comes apart, when you have a meeting of that magnitude to have players for a commercial of players that represent our country, you don't have the all time leading score for that country when it comes to Olympic basketball, not going to add that is something personal.
Speaker 1: I think, Oh Jo, I think, and it comes to the Olympics, you go to the broader scale, you try to I mean, you look at some of the people that that's the representation.
Speaker 3: It's like Lebron, the global icon that he is.
Speaker 1: I mean, you probably talk about rinaldo you talk about Messi and then I don't know Bron and Bape right there. I mean, obviously you know Messi and rinaldo they here? I mean I think the only guy that can really challenge them is Jordan. Jordan is the only guy that's on the Messy Rinaldo scale universal anywhere he goes. He can go to a village in Southwood day and he can go to the rainforest in Brazil. Michael Jordan, Rinaldo MESSI they know. And I'm sure, like I said, and and I explained this to people. I just wish, because I know how athletes feel when they see Jordans. I just wish that an average person could see, could see it, could talk to it, to see what it's like. Cause you I don't do it justice because everybody Shaq said it, uh Ai said it, lebron Ha said it. I'm talking about some of the biggest names in the world said when they met that man, he didn't seem real.
Speaker 3: It seems like he would love it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling O, Joe, I'm looking at this man, and I know this man is thinking that crazy till I'm looking at because he don't see. I'm like, I know who it is and I'm looking at it. On Joe, I'm looking looking. I'm like this man level yeah, he glow a.
Speaker 3: You know what was that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 1: The Dragon with Bruce Lee Roy and you know how show enough started glowing Junior.
Speaker 3: When he started glowing, he had that throat. That's not Jordan.
Speaker 1: Look, Jordan looked just like that, he glowing, he levitating you. I can't, I can't, I can't, but I guess I don't even because I don't even want to be sacrilegious. But I'm telling you, man, it's it's an unreal feeling that you get when you're around that man. And I've been around a lot of NBA players. I've been around some of the biggest Hollywood stars. Yeah him, They not like Jordan's.
Speaker 7: I met him once, and I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I met him.
Speaker 6: Want to know exactly what you're talking about. But I can't put it in the words.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't even put in the world.
Speaker 6: So I'm not even gonna try.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can't. You you gotta last the Last Dragon. That's the name of the movie, Last Dragon, Last Dragon buller of Bruce Lee Roy and showed nothing.
Speaker 3: Who's the mass with the afro? Yeah, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Team USA lost to the WNBA All Stars on Saturday Night one seventeen to one on nine Breonna Stuart Selley said it felt like deja vu, and she wasn't wrong. In twenty twenty one, the Olympic team lost to the WNBA All Star in the tune up to Tokyo. They went on the cruise to the seventh consecutive gold medal. Just like twenty twenty one exhibition, the Americans had no answer for Rique Arikawale, the MVP of Saturday Nights Game, scored all thirty four points in the second half of the victory. She's also earned MVP Arnis in twenty twenty one. O Jo, I was at that game, Yes, sir, the shot you had to be I mean, I know you guys, a lot of you guys watched it on television, o Jo.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't no open shots. I'm talking about she. I'm talking about she, Kyrie Irvin.
Speaker 1: Putting up with hands in her face, calling out a bound and now they hug up on and she around them.
Speaker 3: She won foot in neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the floats, Oh, Joe, you had to see it.
Speaker 3: But I'm watching it. I'm looking at it. I'm like, oh, that's good, that's good. Yeah. I told her.
Speaker 6: I told you my little experience when I went to Atlanta when they played the Dream right, and the only way I could describe her after not knowing how to pronounce her name, was oh, she reminds me of Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 3: The lateral movement, the quickness, Rikae go wild.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, boy, she she nasty with it. She nasty with it. Very very very very good player, very very good player. Exciting to watch, very exciting.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this, having been there and to see it, I know a lot of the conversation that's been about Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark, and let me tell you something seeing him up close and personal.
Speaker 3: This is my second time seeing Kay and Clark.
Speaker 1: I saw in Vegas about a month ago when they when she came and played the Aces. Angel Reeves has an elite skill set. The basketball is like a magnet. She gonna get it. She attracted every time. She's gonna get the basket ball. I don't know. I mean, And there's Breonna Stewart right there, there is Asia Wilson there, she gonna get that ball. Kaitlyn Clark has an elite skill set of passing the basketball.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, she has an elite skill set.
Speaker 6: Lead She can see things that other people can't on the court.
Speaker 3: It's elite.
Speaker 1: And I said, both of the women will be successful for the one skill set that is elite. One can pass the ball, the other can rebound the ball. But what is transpired is that if you like one, they want you to hate the other.
Speaker 3: Now I refuse to do that. I believe I.
Speaker 1: Can like Kaitlyn Clark in her game and still love Angel Reese in her game. I believe I can love Angel reaching her game all the while loving Kaitlyn Clark in what she possessed. Y'all can't make y'all, I don't have to choose, And it seems like they want you to choose. Well, if you like Caitlyn Clark, you're supposed to hate Angel, And if you like Angel, you're supposed to hate Caitlyn.
Speaker 3: Why, I get it. It's the same thing with Bird.
Speaker 1: I remember when Bird I'm old enough to remember Bird Magic in seventy nine when they played in Salt Lake City, and I know it was right down in the middle, the thing that you had what you have about Joe one black, one white, Yes, sir, what do you got right now? You got one white, one black? Yeah, So choose one choose a choose your combatant. You know when you playing these video games on Joe, you get to choose your guy, Yes, sir, choose it. Nah, bro, I'm ryding with I'm rocking with both of them, and having seen both of them against the best of the bat this ain't no okay. They got a few all stars on one team and not no, no, no no, this is the best.
Speaker 3: This was the national team.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And I'm watching Kaitlyn Clark past the basketball looking like Magic Johnson. I'm watching Angel Reech rebound the basketball like Dennis Rodman against the team that Asian Wilson is the best player of the w n b A. He's a two time m v P about to be a three time MVP, A Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: Stewart is a two time m v P Finals MVP.
Speaker 1: So it's uh so it's Angel Asia man, Angel Reese like, I'm going to get that I'm gonna get that ball. You remember, you remember Loveso with what was Ethan Hawk's character in training today he said, I will get that money. I forget that, Jake. I'm gonna get that money, Joe, I need that money, Jake. Angel Reese a Asia Stewart. I'm gonna get that ball. I wnna get that ball.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 7: And I'm not sure why. I mean, obviously it depends.
Speaker 6: If you are a true fan of the game, you can appreciate both of their games. You can have an appreciation both both of their styles of play, each of them being different, and the way to get things done.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, no need.
Speaker 6: There's no need to pick and choose between who you like and who you don't like, regardless of what narratives are spread, regardless of what narratives are said. If you are a true fan of the game of basketball, you're going to have appreciation for both.
Speaker 7: Taitlin Clark and Angel reached the way to get things done.
Speaker 3: But man, but man, Reek was dancing. Not there, man, I mean she was dancing.
Speaker 1: I remember we had her own and she said I could kind of sense the way it was going. It seemed like it was gonna be clicked up. And I wasn't gonna be a part of that click deal. This was our opportunity. Y'all should have took your girl. Yeah, I was definitely took your girl because y'all in the fact and this is a good thing.
Speaker 6: So I got a question for you, since she was since you were able to witness the game, you know who's representing US USA. So after the All Star Game, who would you swap out from Team USA and the w n B All starrs.
Speaker 3: Nobody now, so you can't. So I'm noticing.
Speaker 6: Hypothetically, hypothetically speaking, if you were able to swap anybody out, would you swap anybody out? Or did the committee get it right in their team selecting what you were able to see?
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that these women that's on the squad gave up a lot of their summer over the last couple of years to play in the FEBA and the playing the things like that, and so it would be unfair to them that they gave up their sumbers and now all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Someone else that didn't give up their summer.
Speaker 1: But Rikue said, well, I just saw the way y'all was trended, and it wasn't trended like I was gonna make the team. So what the hell, I'm gonna give him my summer and I ain't gonna be a part of this thing.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, That's why I said it's.
Speaker 1: In la I'm gonna be shocked if if Kaitler, Clark and Angelies no that squad.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'm sure they will because imagine how much better they would have gotten all around when it comes to their game.
Speaker 3: Definitely, they definitely gonna be on that squad. Yeah, it was special. I'm glad I got an opportunity.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Matt Ishbah the owner of the Mercury. He owns the Uh. The sons also had a great had a great time conversating with him.
Speaker 3: It was great, man. The fans were unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The women got a chance to to talk to a couple of them.
Speaker 3: Talked to Bretney Grinder.
Speaker 1: Chelsea Jewel Lord, who was on my Who's on My Celebrity All Star Team? She said, I needed you man, I needed your coaching. I couldn't I couldn't buy a basket tonight. But I got an opportunity to see some of the some see some of the women.
Speaker 3: I wish.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get an opportunity to talk to Stewart. I wanted I wanted to meet Stuart, but he didn't really get a coach, didn't get close enough to me, like get attention right, I see her when I see him. I'm gonna see her. I'm gonna I gotta give you some Jersey. I want to I want I want to Asia Wilson Jersey. I want to Bret the Stewart you got.
Speaker 3: You gotta get him to sign it, though. You gotta Kelsey plumb. Who else I can get.
Speaker 1: Ri K. I gotta get a Rik Jersey. I definitely gotta get that. Hell yeah, I gotta get that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, damn, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get mine when I start. Man, I'm gonna make sure you know. When I'm gonna get to the games, I'm gonna ask me. I want you a game on Jersey. I want your game on, y know what?
Speaker 1: Cause you know the guys, I was like, hey, I need you to come up out of that jersey. But I'm sure they probably got. They probably got you know what, when you get back to the back and take that.
Speaker 7: Off, have somebody bring that to me please?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: What's your signature now? Oh yeah, for sure, for sure. But I'm gonna give me. I'm gonna give me about six. I'm gonna give me about six of them. I'm gonna give me about oh you know who I dt down at ROSSI Yeah, got a chance to talk to her. I met her in two thousand and five when the All Star Game was in Denver, and she been, she been, She's been great, She's been unbelievable. You got to get I mean, if you don't get nobody jersey, you got to get that one. I mean she I mean they don't name it. That's where you know you great when you still playing and they named stuff after you.
Speaker 3: They named the court after for her man.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable to see her, to see her playing, to see all these these women on display, because this is the best of the best. This is I don't know how many. I think there's twelve women on the national team. I think I don't know how many All Stars, how many All Stars they were, but you talk about at least, let's just say, thirty of the greatest women basketball players in the world. Yeah, and then I got to see some of the ogs, Cheryl Swoop and a couple of the other ladies that played in the.
Speaker 3: You know, because Cheryl.
Speaker 1: I think the first year Cheryl, the first year or two first might be the first year Cheryl missed because she was she had a son she had a child. But to see some of those women and to take pictures with them, man, it was great, o' joe, Man.
Speaker 6: Time you know who I want to meet? Who I haven't had a chance to meet. You ever had a chance to meet Miss don Staley?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 7: I have I need to meet I need to meet Miss Staley.
Speaker 3: Man, I need to meet Miss Staaley.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I'm not sure why.
Speaker 6: She just she just just her or man of energy, everything about it. Man, it just seems so so just just just perfect too. I just I just want to have a conversation with her, man, that's all. And she's someone I look up to from afar obviously because I haven't had an opportunity to meet her. But but but she's dope. She's really dope, man. So I'm sure she gonna see this, Miss Staley. I'm not sure if we'll ever crossed paths.
Speaker 3: But you're the real deal.
Speaker 7: You're the real deal, assist.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, Joe.
Speaker 1: John Harbus stood up for a franchise quarterback, saying the criticism Jackson receives it had scratching labar. For whatever reason, he gets a lot of good things said about him Lamar. But there's a lot of stuff that said that, You've just got to scratch your head and kind of wonder what was that person even thinking. But we take it person but we take it personally. Harball added, what does he have to do to prove himself to some people? Ten quarterbacks have won multiple MVPs. Peyton Manning five time MVP, two Super Bowls, Aaron Rodgers a four time MVP, a Super Bowl, Tom Brady three MVPs, seven Super Bowls, Brett Farr three MVPs, one Super Bowl, another appearance, Johnny U Niners I think United has won two right my Homeboy two three MVPs, Kurt Warner two super Bowl MVP, lost too, Steve Young two time league MVP, won one Super Bowl with a backup for a lover Joe. We know Joe and Lamar. Lamar is the only one of those who hasn't won a Super Bowl. He's two and four in the playoffs or two time MVPs. Wiley considered only the fourth best quarterback in the league. Right now, we gotta stop this old Joe to Ojo. You was in the league when Peyton Manning couldn't get pass, Tom Brady and we killed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on there. I was one of the guys that were killing him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, you win an MVP, you throwing for forty eight touchdown if you can't get out the first round, right, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Figure out what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Lamar played right in the regular season, but he's lost twice on his home field as the favorite. The first year he's in the playoffs as the favorite, he lost to Tennessee. He was the MVP unanimous. He was one vote short again this year MVP. Everybody talked, we want to get my homeboys away from Arrowhead. If we get it from Aaronhead, he can be hand. He went to Buffalo and killed Joshallon asked he came to He came to M and T and beat Lamar. What are we supposed to do? Lamar didn't play well, and in the games that he's lost, he hasn't played well. When he plays well, we say that. Why can't we say when he played bad, he played bad? I know you know what it is, O Joe, but I can't in good conscience, I cannot go in TV. My credibility is everything, right. I cannot do it. I cannot just because Lamar Jackson is black. When he plays bad, say he's playing good.
Speaker 7: I can't. I think I think what hardball's talking about.
Speaker 6: He says, Lamar Jackson has a chance to be arguably one of the best, if not the best, quarterback to ever plays the game. I think that statement is true. I think it can be factual. You know what, even if he doesn't win a Lombardi Trophy, I think.
Speaker 3: What he can do.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna put you in the top five without a trophy. They don't want to put you in the top five without a trophy. Ojoe, let me ask you a question. Yes, is Barry saying this is in the top five for running back, but the quarter But see the quarterback? Who gets all the credit?
Speaker 3: The quarterback? The quarterback?
Speaker 6: The quarterback? What is damn Marino? Dan Marino is not He's nowhere in your top five.
Speaker 3: They don't put it.
Speaker 1: They don't put him there because he went to one and didn't get back. So you so, how I mean, how do you put him over? First of all, how you put him over, Joe? How you put him over the time Peyton, How you put him over my home boy?
Speaker 6: Right, I'm just asking, But listen, it's very it's very difficult. It's very difficult because you have to understand this is the team game. It's a team game at times. At times, so.
Speaker 1: When they're playing team ball. When he wanted them MVP, Yeah, who when they win? Who gets the credit when they win? When they went to San Francisco and they dropped that number on their head, what did they say the next day? He's the m v P. Now when they lose, you talk about it's a team game. You didn't say that when they won Christmas night. That's not what you said.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's that's that's argum. You know when it comes to quarterbacks that that's crazy. How that's crazy? How quarter like that craze?
Speaker 3: I know they do.
Speaker 6: It's crazy how the onus of winning and losing ISAs on their shoulders when it took ten others to help.
Speaker 3: From that credit.
Speaker 7: It's crazy how that works.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. When Tom Brady came back from twenty eight three, did y'all mention James White half fourteen catches for over one hundred and twenty yards? No, did y'all mention that catch that Edelman made down?
Speaker 3: That for it down did.
Speaker 1: Anybody say anything about the hot tower hit on on on Matt Ryan that caused the fumble fumble? It was all Tom Brady. It's always been about the quarterback. But now when we lose, we're gonna talk about Lamar ain't have help. Lamar had who had the better receivers and against the Ravens or or or or Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City, you know, just be real, we know who had the better receivers and the better offensive line.
Speaker 3: And the better defense.
Speaker 1: And the defenses are comfortable because the Chiefs defense was legity because they got they got, they got, They got a top five defensive players. They have the best defensive tackle, Stone Cold. Chris Jones is legit. Yeah, he's the best tackling football. And the Ravens defense won't those slouchers in that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. They wont slouch either. Boy across the board.
Speaker 1: They got to they got two live they got two linebackers that went to the Pro Bowl. Kyle Hamilton is the best, one of the best. He might be number one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I think the better Big Way young buland Tampa now.
Speaker 3: Dunt Whitney junior. Yeah, but excuse me. Yeah, Winfield, Jim Boy, he he nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, But Hamilton, Hamilton has the ability. He can be a defensive player of the year. He can sack your quarterback, he can cover.
Speaker 3: He can shut down the run. He legit, legit.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying people, come on now, when we give when we give Lamar Jackson credit, Oh oh, y'all, do y'all want a bandwagon? Now? No, I don't. I don't give praise when it's not due. If it's due, I don't. Got no problem, And I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, got none if I do you think if I was perfect, guess what I wouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 3: I to pick the letter. I picked them a lot of re numbers.
Speaker 1: When that thing got the two billion, I'd have got all six of them numbers.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, y'all right, right, rights.
Speaker 1: But come on, people, y'all know, y'all know when Lamar didn't play well. Y'all know he didn't play well his first playoff game. Y'all know he didn't play well in the championship game. He had two turnovers. Come on, now, let's be fair about this thing. When we kill Peyton, we he obliterated Peyton. I remember what they were saying about John Elway when I got to Denver.
Speaker 3: He had lost three Super Bowls. Look at the teams that he was going with. They didn't care. They're like, hell, you got him there, win one.
Speaker 1: If you right, that's the way it goes, because you get all the credit when you win. Ain't nobody They don't mention anything. They forget about those first two Super Bowls. They forget about Minitarry walk them off. They talk about Tom in the drive where Tom put him in field goal rage? What if Tom did get see.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, you're right.
Speaker 7: This is I love Lamar Man. I love Lamar Jackson Man.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, pomping those finest you mean, but the best they ever come out of pomping out here in Florida, Man, one of the best. Obviously, forget the fact that I played for the Bengals. I don't really care about that. I want to see young Bulls succeed.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 6: I want to see him succeed so he can get that monkey office back. Yes, so he can get that monkey office back. I really wanted to. I would love to see him host that Lombardi one day so he can go in through conversation and some of the things that Harbard is saying, well, that's that's it.
Speaker 1: Just one think about how to narrative change. Once Peyton Manny won.
Speaker 6: One oh yeah, oh yeah, and it's so you know, it's so difficult to win.
Speaker 3: I think he is the hardest one is the person.
Speaker 6: Listen, we've been spoiled with Tom Brady going over and over and over so many different times consecutively.
Speaker 3: They make you think it's easy. It's not easy. He guaranteed to go back.
Speaker 6: The fact that goddamn ma homes them talking about three peten it's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that's see here is the thing you've gotten foiled with Brady, But you've gotten fared with home recently because the man's winning the four super Bowl says he's been a start of six years the league and he's won three. He's won two League MVP's and three Super Bowl MVPs. And you're like, Okay, I see, No, it's.
Speaker 3: Not it's crazy. No, hell it's not. It's crazy. They make it look like it is.
Speaker 1: But that's only one other person can say they've ever done something like that, and that's Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: Brady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you got the Steelers, the Steelers one four super Bowl than six years in the seventies. Yeah, but it's not easy, man, winning the super Bowl because it's not like basketball. It's not like baseball. It's not a series. Ohhoe, it's one game.
Speaker 6: Game and you got to be on point that one game. Yes, gotta be a point.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I look, I don't think Lamar gets it. I don't think you know when it comes to I see somebody had like fourth and somebody had it like six or seven.
Speaker 9: I'm like, brod in front of the Look, let me stop, let me look. My thing is, I'm saying, so, so what are y'all judging this on? Because the only guy that that that got suit that that's the quarterback that's won a Super Bowl Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes, one of the current quarterback in say, of the thirty two teams, of the sixty four or quarterbacks that started a backup, only three of them got super bosed. Right, y'all make it seem like it's it's just the market's flooded.
Speaker 3: It's not right. And the people that.
Speaker 1: They can putting in front of him, I'm like Okay, so what is it. I don't care if he put the football and Flowers catch it. All I know they got the ball in the end zone. Y'all talk about, Oh, he's asthetically, he can't this, he can't that. All I know is the man was one voter, one vote short from being a two time unanimous MVPVP. And that is a blessing and a curse, because think about it, o Jo, They're saying you were so good, nobody else deserved to get a vote.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: There's only been two unanimous MVPs in league history, and Lamar Jackson's is one of them. Tom Brady is the other, and he was one voter short from being a two time unanimous MVP. So people are gonna drudge him harshley when he doesn't. But feel especially now, O Joe, if he has a social season, get to the playoffs and make a run, or he gets to the playoffs and don't go far. But when you are unanimous MVP or you're one vote.
Speaker 6: So they're judging him differently anyway based on their success he's having in the regular season. Gifting is the gifting the curse.
Speaker 1: If I if I judged him like I judged every other quarterback.
Speaker 3: So what makes Lamar special? Mm hmm. He's in the class of his own though.
Speaker 1: The expectations that I have for a two time in the m v P. Think about it, there's only three of them. Yeah, Aaron Rodgers, uh uh, Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. What other player that can say they weren't in the league.
Speaker 6: MVP and the class of his own. So the criticism is warranted based on that, the expectations.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, I think I don't. I don't know what everybody else is saying about it about Joe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All I do is that evaluate him. M bro, you gotta play better, He's gotta he's got to play better in big moments. Yeah, that's the Mahame. Think about what Mahomes did. Mahomes only had what too before the game went to overtime. But you remember that game against the Philly Mahalls threw for less than two hundred yards, but every throat that he had to make in the second half it counted.
Speaker 3: Make it count.
Speaker 1: And this is why there's so much pressure on the quarterback because when it comes down to it, I'm gonna make you. I'm gonna force you to make a throw. I'm gonna put the ball in your hand and I'm gonna I'm not gonna let you run it. I'm not gonna let you let this running game run it. I'm gonna force you to make a throw.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And when it comes.
Speaker 1: Down, what what did the Kansas City do in overtime? We're not let Christian McCaffrey run his ball and bron Prady if you throw this ball. Now the tackle. I don't know what the hell the guard was doing because he let Chris Jones come got through, right through. I don't know what the hell they but they're like, nah, Chris, no, you're not running. I'll put them all in your quarterback's hand. I make you, make you throw.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you make a throw, you walk to the middle of the field, you say, I'm gonna get a crack at you. My home, get a crack at you. That was That was bad football by Kyle because you got to know the overtime rule. You know there's no sudden death death. Yeah, not in the postseason. It is in the regular season, but not in the postseason. Now, you give Patrick Mahomes the look to know what he got to do I got four to Oh, I don't need to feel goal. I got four downs. But they've done. Look they got that, they got they got King Henry back there. Yeah, they could take some of the fresh off Lamar Lamar from running the football. Hey, you know what this is about.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be It's gonna be interesting season. It's gonna be a very good season. Again. I think the a f C.
Speaker 6: The a f C has loaded, the AFC North is loaded, especially this year. Good quarterbacks in the division. Russell out there in Pittsburgh, obviously, Lamart what he was, Deshaun get back to the star we're he used to seeing that he was three years ago when he was in Houston.
Speaker 7: Hell, we know what Joe Burrow can do. If Joe Burrow stay healthy, if he stays.
Speaker 6: Upright that off of the line, we spend all that goddamn money ship, I think we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: ESPN just ranked the quarterbacks. Mahomes was one, Burrow was two, Joshalla was three, Lamar was four.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean that that's that's I like that.
Speaker 6: But if anything, I would put I would switch Josh and Lamar, though.
Speaker 3: I would I would switch Josh and lamar. Okay, so he.
Speaker 7: Should be he should be.
Speaker 3: Three. Hey, did you see that?
Speaker 6: Did you see that clip of Nick Right breaking down Josh Allen?
Speaker 3: You see that. I don't need to break it down. I'll watch him. I watched him in games.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's that ship was good and it gave me a different perspective. I'm like, holy, that was that was a good four minutes of five however long it.
Speaker 1: Was, because, oh Joe, you get a enamored You see the great things and you forget about the bad right right, the horrible interceptions, and that's what's doing his career, the turnovers at the most inopportunity time. You can't you go get a field goal, you can't throw it. An interception in the end zone, you can't, you can't fumble.
Speaker 7: Josh has that gunslinger mentality like Brett farr Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, gunslinger mentality.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I got I got the arm strength to throw off my back foot and my front foot falling down, rolling left, rolling right.
Speaker 3: I mean he has the arm strength to do it.
Speaker 7: He just throws those interceptions at the the wrong time.
Speaker 3: That's it. But he's such he's such a talent. Oh he o yo, like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: What sixty five six sixty yep, can run through a big brick wall.
Speaker 3: He got fed. He can make every throw. What the turnover was? Ojo? Yeah, turtle was to kill you? Yes, three times.
Speaker 1: The thing that Tom the thing that Tom Brady was good at, he was nothing was good.
Speaker 3: He was great.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady could tell in the first six months of the game what he was gonna need to do. God dangn I'm gonna have to get into a shootout with somebody. I got to throw for three fifty four hundred yards three and four touchdowns. Oh a turnover? Might Dumas can't put the ball in Harm's way? First six minut this to the ball game. Tom Brady can tell you what he needed to do right, and he would play the game accordingly. See it's okay to be a game manager times because he knew, come playoff time, you pay double for turnovers. Oh yeah, that was his grade. That was his great and he was great, and a lot of things. His ability to process and buy boom boom, boom boom whatever you're trying to go.
Speaker 3: And he fed you know. Coach Belichick he and Coach Belichick would.
Speaker 1: Go over the rundown, and I tried to tell people Coach Belichick was better than what your thought because you line up in a formation and Coach Belichick being the defensive he said, this is where you're weak.
Speaker 3: I would attack you here. Yeah, so now Tom knows.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me slide, let me rip, let me live this, let me hey, let the back check his way out. Hey, I need to Hey, I need you to do this, X, Y and Z. But you have to. Quarterbacks got to understand that. You got to understand immediately. Bro, if it's going to be a thirteen to ten ball game, Oh Joe, you can't be throwing.
Speaker 3: You can't be taken unnecess their risks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: The volume