Speaker 1: How big does chubbies get to chubb think uh X.
Speaker 2: I think it's It's okay.
Speaker 1: There's a difference between chubbies and fatties, not getting left out right.
Speaker 3: Between that mark you should make fatties. Yeah, that's it, Fatty of the line, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Fat joint on.
Speaker 4: You're small as a double X.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's it, Yeah, the smallest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, you're welcome. We'll take what's riding with that.
Speaker 4: Boys and girls, we are now back on the bus, which means one thing and one thing only are presenting sponsor of Chevrolet has get Chevy has given us another opportunity to shout them out because they have joined Barceola and bus with the boys. My gods, I can't out horrible, but strong is most advanced Silverado ever is now out there and is ready for you to go and buy. We love you, we appreciate you. Those tier ones helping the tier twos and string along those tier threes. Get to a dealership, talk to them, tell them the boy sents you, and we will give you whatever you want. Dude, We'll give you the moon you want the moon, Janis, we'll give you the moon.
Speaker 3: You want me to take?
Speaker 4: A last one and pull it up, throw in the air and pull it down for you.
Speaker 3: I'll do my best to do that.
Speaker 4: Chevrolet Advanced, Durable, dependable. You can do so many things with it, dude, so many things. Well, what can you do with the Silverado?
Speaker 5: You can tailgate, you can haul that new big screen TV, that new boat that you want to show your friends off with. Yeah, totally off roading moving day. Maybe you don't want to do moving day. Maybe you want maybe your.
Speaker 3: Friend needs to do moving Then you just want to throw the keys.
Speaker 5: Chevy has got your back, specifically that new sexy Chevy Silverado. Go to a dealership close by, tell him the boy set you, especially in this greater Nashville location, beautiful city, Chevy Sovado dealership.
Speaker 3: The boy sent you. Take a video show us.
Speaker 5: We might give you something. But now to the episode jelly Roll. He was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, strong lead up and then it's over and you got to watch first the show. We're not give you anything else.
Speaker 3: A sponsor for.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah yeah, yeah, well I'm not officially sponsored.
Speaker 5: DJ just sends me boxes of it. Oh, DJ, we're on the basis.
Speaker 4: That's the first basis, Really say you've met him.
Speaker 3: He's been around like you know what, I haven't met him.
Speaker 1: We've just talked a lot. So you know, he went to uh he went to school here when like his earlier teenage and he found the music and was like he hit me up with a message one day and was just like, look, man, he did voice messages a lot, and he was just like, look, man, I understand. Like a lot of people, this was like real early, like sixteen, like two.
Speaker 6: Thousand and six, team, I hadn't done nothing substantial, but he was just like, look, man, I understand your breed of guy from Nashville because I lived there.
Speaker 1: He was like, just keep taking at it.
Speaker 6: People won't get it at first, but when it translates, he's gonna go really and dude like rocked with me ever since.
Speaker 1: Man, Like that's very cool.
Speaker 6: Dude, He's probably the coolest relationship I've ever had with like a celebrity.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he's like he's a celebrity of celebrity.
Speaker 6: Though right, like he gains fucking nothing, yeah from taking the time to message me and send me bottles of fucking.
Speaker 4: He Yeah, he didn't really have to fuck with anybody. You know what, I'm saying, like, he kind of he's unfuckable with right. If a pole comes out.
Speaker 3: He's unfuck with theble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, forty six percent of poles come out and they say, yeah, we'll embrace him as our next president. We had two issues. We had one not issue. The rock's that popular and this dude doesn't have a platform. He didn't know what the fuck he's talking about. He might he might say no, no one could have babies anymore. Everyone's like, all right, forty six percent already say yeah, So that's why he's get fur more.
Speaker 3: I'm that crazy. Yeah, people, and.
Speaker 1: We just got a new president. We know it wasn't like close to election time. They started campaign three months. Yeah, but what about the next gal? Yeah, get Dwayne Johnson.
Speaker 4: Ready, dude, that ship is I mean this the whole political thing has gotten a little. It's gotten fucking wild. But even when Trump was an.
Speaker 3: Office, yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: It was the worst year.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine the smell of that dick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, swamp nuts, right, Yeah, that's what I tell people. Have a swampy fucking dick. Man, it's gotta be man.
Speaker 3: No plug.
Speaker 4: I like the plug. Also, actually that the times rolling so I'm assuming that we're rolling, and that means that you are now and busting with the boys. We're a jelly roll and we are presented by Chevrolette.
Speaker 5: Chevy Chevy were going to tell you they were trying to get away from the name Chevrolette.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll guess cut that then, but we are on here briefly. I mean, I'm sure the first minute and twelve seconds he talked about shucking Shrek dick and then he says conversation right, yeah, you've the last five minutes you brought up sucking dick.
Speaker 3: Somebody a cocksucker and stuck on it.
Speaker 4: Well said do you suck either way?
Speaker 1: Because you were like, who's the cocksucker? Almost as if like guilty.
Speaker 4: Was in my mouth at the time.
Speaker 3: Are you so?
Speaker 4: What's what the old fixation is that like a thing you've always been into, is dick sucking or no?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I love having my dick suck, right, It's way less, way less exerting for a big fellow than actually fucking a real right you starfish. But yeah, being a big dude.
Speaker 6: You know, if I had to pick between getting the head or fucking, it just depends on whether or not I get de lay still either way, right, yeah, yeah, but if I got to like physically mount the horse, get my dick suck exactly, it's a lot of movement.
Speaker 4: I mean for me, even Will calls me sometimes, yeah, I had sex, so there's a how to go.
Speaker 3: I'm just exhausted, man. She just she never says stop.
Speaker 4: It really is for I feel like when you're like fifteen sixteen, whenever you start losing your virginity.
Speaker 3: For me, I was at the lucky age of fourteen, had no idea what I was doing.
Speaker 4: I'm sure was awful for her. Oh I wish it was somebody's mom. I had a really friend with a really hot mom. I'll dive into that later. But you start getting too that it's like how high can you get those numbers up?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: If you're like the guy like you've had sex to how can you get the numbers up? You're trying positions, you're reading books on Comma, You're trying to figure out like, oh.
Speaker 1: For sure, you're on that die.
Speaker 3: You're on the doll up Internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're on the doll up internet looking up weird shit, giving computers aids back then, that type of shit and then you fucking I mean, then you get yourself a snorkel, you turkey sandwich. You go down on somebody for forty five minutes, like you start to figure out what it's like to be a lover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, you have no idea what the hell you're doing now? You fast forward. I'm twenty nine, turning thirty soon Whills in his thirties, mid thirties. I'm not sure how old you are.
Speaker 1: I'm closed to split the difference.
Speaker 4: Just split the difference. Split the difference depends on the pap You kind of look, you're doing this sway. This is dance, and it used to be the dance of love. But now it's like, how are we going to get this done? And how fast can we get this done?
Speaker 6: And both be not hate each other about how this ends? You know what I'm saying. But is possible? Yes, I feel they didn't get to sleep. Yeah, because you got to get your eight hours as.
Speaker 4: Soon as you're done. That's what they said about. Some guy had a bit on Lewis c K when they did the jerk off thing in front of women, and the comedian said, like the most the least like violent, seeming person as a person after they've masturbated, Like after you're done, you're kind of it's on you and you're just slumped over, kind of sat.
Speaker 3: You look, you're just like that chap.
Speaker 2: Ever He's like, yeah, just now you're just kind of It's awesome about I've always wanted to be on this podcast.
Speaker 6: You could have never predicted the first five minutes would be so pornographic. Oh you couldn't have predicted that, Gona, But Jesus Christ, I thought we'd wait till like the forty just completely. I thought we passed the tere manna around. Or looks like y'all got a Jack sponsor too, because it's all you got. Y'all got the real sponsors, dude, But y'all didn't go for the little shit digit. Hey, you wasn't like such an such CBD. You were like, we'll take Chevrolet and Jack Dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish.
Speaker 4: I wish it was that easy.
Speaker 3: People just throwing sponsors like, get out of here with that bullshit.
Speaker 4: We want the top dogs. They little cat mouse, but we got their ass.
Speaker 3: Dudeevy join None.
Speaker 4: This is the second podcast being presented by Chevy.
Speaker 1: Dude. Congrats a cool world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shut up like the post.
Speaker 1: I was like, there's no way that's real.
Speaker 4: And that's funny that the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got to feel you've got the pillar like the pillar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not how you say it, but that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: The pillar kill lit and you get on me on.
Speaker 3: This mother?
Speaker 4: Will you rest the head?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, motherfuckers?
Speaker 4: And this guy's.
Speaker 3: Your sponsor, Chevrolet.
Speaker 1: I get mad for sam pillar.
Speaker 4: The pillar. I mean, yes, both are very fucked up, but a pillar where you thinking that up from? That's not Nashville. That's that's a roalism.
Speaker 1: It's like wonder.
Speaker 4: No, we're not gonna do this list. You're all jumping into ship that you're going to start to establish winder pillar knife, what's next?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's pillow and that's a window. And we have we have sponsors, but we can't afford a c What.
Speaker 3: Do you call? What do you how do you say? How do you say wash washer? Was you say warsher? Huh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it kind of some people in Missouri said that to Warsher. I can get like, look, we're not We're not that far south. Yeah, you start getting that Cajun stuff, but even pillar is not Cajun.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, I like the way you say it. He's the first person that ever blatantly hate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you when you have a chain like this.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've heard, but Derek ran for two thousand.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, Derek ran for two thousand, and I helped the minimum amount to get credit on the score, so you can.
Speaker 6: Kind of do what we're post about. It's funny, but the change is not get what gives you the right to do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: It's the outfit.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it for sure. Any man that showed up like that is confident as a mother.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I yes, it's weird too because my penis is so small, but like I am very confident.
Speaker 1: Dick doesn't determine confidence.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, and I appreciate my turtle hair that hasn't poked.
Speaker 3: It's just like a button, doesn't it. Yeah, Yeah, for sure it's bad.
Speaker 6: If I squeezed too tight, it wouldn't even look like a button that it just completely goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can go on all day about how small our penises is, but I feel we're still circling back in the room and said, what are you listening to in the thirteen year olds and now getting in trouble? Oh hey, by not for long Chevrolett. Yeah, Chubby's dude, we're not sponsored by Chubbies. No free shadouts. But they sent this and it was kind of fire. He kind of had to wear it all right.
Speaker 5: When you put it on, you you're into it the minute I put it, like, this is the look.
Speaker 4: There, and then I shaved my entire face. I had the worst jaw one this side of the Mississippi. But I thought, with a mustache, I'll just look this five rock for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Dude. I think it's working for you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: For what my opinion matters. I think I think it's rock right now.
Speaker 4: It's the it's important.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's what seven people in here.
Speaker 4: It's top seven most important opinions right now.
Speaker 6: I agree, Yeah, for sure. I think they comment. If you really funk with the outfit, leave a comment. Let us know what you think about Chubbies.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Let us know what you think about.
Speaker 1: How big does Chubbies get to.
Speaker 3: X?
Speaker 2: I think there's a difference between chubbies and not gett left out right between.
Speaker 3: That mark you should make fatties. Yeah, that's it the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, you're small as a double X.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's it. Yeah, the smallest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, you're welcome. We'll take with that.
Speaker 5: This episode of Busting with the Boys with Jelly Roll is brought to you by canopy Fans. I think I may have stumbled upon the next essential tail getting accessory. I can't tell you how many hot tailgates I've been to where I've wished for this. It's called Canopy Breeze cannopy Fan, and it's literally a ceiling fan that installs in portable canopies. Think you sports and tailgates. Even things like campgrounds registration boosts or your daughter selling girl Scout cookies. Anywhere you can find a portable canopy is perfect for this thing. My man Jelly Roll is gonna help us with a couple of these talking points. But number one, it's rechargeable. There's no outlet or extension cord necessary, and it runs for six hours on a full battery charge.
Speaker 6: It is also compatible with most outdoor canopies.
Speaker 3: It installs in seconds.
Speaker 5: There are four hooks on the top that unfold and hang over the canopy frame. Snap the fan blades in and that's it. You operate with a remote and everything fits in a cool case, so you just pick it. You just pack it in the car and with all your other tailgate equipment and also air.
Speaker 1: It literally will move air.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the air can get so staled at those canopies, especially when there are a lot of people. Canopy breeze makes things so much more comfortable.
Speaker 5: And for barstool and busting listeners only, you can say fifteen percent today. Go to canopyfan dot com today and use coupon code busting. That's BUSSI in and say fifteen percent with free shipping in the lower forty eight.
Speaker 1: Now, can we get back to this fire episode with us?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, let's do it baby. The uh Well, speaking of chubbies and fatties, I've seen recently obviously I'm a follower on the Instagram. You have been working out, dieting and doing all that.
Speaker 6: What brought that off quite a few pounds, But you wouldn't believe it, But I've lost a little weight real good. So I don't want to get deep because I like to joke like we've been joking, we can go back and forth. Yeah, it was like, you know, I battled with depression naturally, like it's something I've dealt with my whole life, and not touring for a year really fucked with me. It was like more than I thought it would. Like when they took touring away because of COVID, I was like, dude, I was already fat, but I mean I just blimped up.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 6: I just I mean, I just I didn't like, I didn't realize how much a part of my genetical code it was due I gained like one hundred something down. Wow, Really, you know how hard you got to work to gain that much weight in a fucking year. That's I mean, like I had to like vigorously, Like I mean, I almost had to like set a goal of seven thousand calories a fucking day to do it.
Speaker 3: It was rough, right. I don't know how it happened.
Speaker 6: I was just I kind of lived in the now the first four or five months. I was like, oh, we'll be on tour in October whatever, and it just never came back around. So the beginning of this year, I was like, man, I just fucking you know, I don't want, Like I tell people all the time, like I pick on myself, I pick on other fat people because like fucking whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's low hanging fruit. Right.
Speaker 6: If you ever see a dude that's like dealing with real obesity, that's like somebody dealing with a real addiction. That's like somebody dealing with like a real like they're dealing with something like this is not like just quit eating fatty. It's like, yeah, well, tell your mama quit fucking sucking dick, or tell your cousin quit shooting hair onin Like it's not that fucking easy. Tell your alcoholic dad just stopped today, you know what I mean, Like to tell him just to put the bottle down. He've been drinking thirty something years. I'll just drop it to day wanting. So it's like when you see that there's something deeper rooted there, and I was like, man, I need to I call it my last mountain. I overcame poverty. I came out of the city when I started making music, Taylor and will let me tell y'all, some boss nobody said I had a chance. I mean, they bet the farm against me.
Speaker 3: I was too big now hold on real quick. Yeah, why did they say that you had no chance?
Speaker 4: There's lots of people that look all different ways now that have been now.
Speaker 6: I want you to think about, do you remember there was a time in professional wrestling where everybody was yoked and had a six pack. I don't know what for this, Ara and I was like nineties wrestling. Anybody else remember this era? Like you had to look like you know, it was before like the Stone Colds was yoked. But I mean there was a moment where you had to be a whole COVID looking guy or some sort of a gargantum of a man, you know what I mean, Like there was a moment there, Like there was a moment in music before the Internet where before all the littles and weird rappers with face tattoos and all all that ship I was before all that still that you know, there was like, well, we can't sell it to women. Back then it was late night TV, and we can't put you on TV. You're too big, Your voice isn't cool enough. You need you need a signature tone to your voice. Your voice isn't it just won't work. The voice doesn't match the look.
Speaker 1: The look doesn't you don't dress rock and roll enough, you don't dress rap enough.
Speaker 6: I was too rock and roll for rap. I was too rap for rock and roll. There was just so many things that they were like, it's just not you just don't have a chance.
Speaker 1: It's just you. You're just wasting your time.
Speaker 4: Now, is there a specific day that you're thinking of what?
Speaker 6: I mean, every label, why I never signed the one? I got turned down by every label from here to California and back.
Speaker 1: I mean, every label in the United.
Speaker 6: States has told me no at one point in time, and in round of applause, I got every label sitting on the desk right.
Speaker 5: Now, let's fucking go boys.
Speaker 1: Every one of those labels. My lawyers got like eight offers right now sitting on the desk.
Speaker 3: I'm like, fuck all of you.
Speaker 6: But it's like I was in a place where I overkept, but I overcame that mountain, like I figured that out. I knew I had a cool voice. I just knew the right people had to hear the song content. Dude, I make music for like like y'all are like the working NFL guys. I make music for those people. Don't make music for it, motherfuckers. Aren't singing about what I sing about. You know what I'm saying, This is a totally absurd thing to be singing.
Speaker 3: Now, give me an example of us.
Speaker 6: Things like that you came in lost call, Yeah, like think about like besides the really somber sad songs like Adele Hello, which was still about a lost partner.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, most of those songs involved heartbreak or country the dog died.
Speaker 6: But it's never like Yo, I'm battling my demons, Like that's the shit I'm talking about I'm making music for.
Speaker 1: I joked with the label dude.
Speaker 6: He took me out to eat it Cane Prime, and he was like, I can't believe the people in this restaurant don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: I was like, I.
Speaker 6: Promise you every cook does. Before we left, every fucking dude in that bad kitchen came out and took a piture with.
Speaker 1: Really yes valet, dude, Jelly row, we parked your truck up front.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I was like, I didn't expect the motherfucker buying the steak of cane Prime me, but I expected the motherfucker working it came prime to know me for sure, because that's who I'm fucking with. That's my guy, you know what I'm saying. But back then, people wasn't making music for these dudes. You know what I'm saying. It wasn't nobody writing music for a group of people that don't have people writing music for them.
Speaker 1: It was like a rare thing back then. And it's I mean, it's became more acceptable because of the Internet, because now you just fucking run into everybody, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's a subway in fucking New York. It is what the Internet is. You're running everybody now, Yeah, But back then that wasn't the case. I overcame that. I overcame coming out of the situation I was in, overcame real drug addiction. We all are dealing with a dude that will have a shot at the quila with you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Now, there was a dude that would have showed up here on a four day bendor sipping codeine.
Speaker 1: It's slorting cocaine right off your table.
Speaker 3: Talk about this on the podcast.
Speaker 1: You know, I came over overcame all that. Now I just got to get this fat up off of me. It's my last mountain, baby, you know what I'm saying. I'm gonna get it off.
Speaker 3: I lost it before and gained it back, and then you know, I played yo yo with the Dyet.
Speaker 4: Ships and Jonah Hill, the Jonahill Diet, Jodah Hale waste. You're changing sizes every fiftyeen minutes. No, I don't with Oprah winfree to go back to the nineties for you. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So these other rappers that are kind of talking about all that, now, I'm let's just put a line in the sand right now.
Speaker 3: I'm I don't know.
Speaker 4: Much about rappists or what rappers do, right, Like, I.
Speaker 3: Listened to the music.
Speaker 4: I've obviously heard the Baby Masterpiece and all those things. But if you're talking about like these other rappers, I'm seeing like thousands of these I don't want to say little guys like these little I don't want to say kids, but these little guys who are tiny dudes, face tattoos, you got the Takashi six nine guys, like they're all rapping about the same thing. And I feel like the toad for rapping is hose money, sell drugs, murder people. Yeah, for sure, And then that's kind of like the melting pot of the big main things, right, Obviously they go in different areas, and so what changed between then and now we're these other people that face tattoos also, So that Will allowed.
Speaker 3: You to kind of be opened up by labels or was it you.
Speaker 4: Persevering through the walls?
Speaker 6: It was persevering. It was just putting out content. Yeah, it was like just like constant content. That's why I'm a fan of y'all show, right, Like I watched y'all build this thing from something small and can do. Like, dude, we joke about it. You got a Chevrolet sponsorship. This is fucking huge, right, It's like when you started this or when y'all started this. There's a lot of people right now rooting for y'all on the internet who feel like y'all's sponsorship is their sponsorship. They're that invested in there. So like our dude did it, Our fucking guy did it. Me and Will was having to talk about how the NFL and the podcast balance each other and how, you know, what's important to him and I don't want to get deep into that unless he does. But we talked about this where you came on the bus and it was like there's a moment where people are following what's gonna happen with Will?
Speaker 3: Right? They want to know, like who you're playing.
Speaker 6: But it just gets bigger, right because people become invested in that, you know what I'm saying. And I just did it the same way. I just put out a lot of music, Taylor, and just continued to build. I didn't mind one thing. I didn't care about most people do it. I didn't care to break.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I didn't care to flop. I didn't care if I put something out to ship the band.
Speaker 5: Right, So you're saying, if you put something out there and people are just shitting on it, it's just how many you know what?
Speaker 4: That fucking sucks? But down onto the next one.
Speaker 6: How episodes of just did y'all put out? That you feel like nobody gave the fuck you were doing it?
Speaker 4: I'd say it was still waking to figure out if somebody actually cares truly, I just think that out.
Speaker 5: I mean there were a few in the in like the first season, where you're like, you know, you don't know if anybody cares. And then after you get past the surge of like, all right, a couple football guys are doing a podcast that's awesome. It's like you're you knew you were gonna have some initial viewership, but how could you retain them? Or it was probably gonna drop off like a lot of stuff that was like, oh, I see what these guys are about.
Speaker 3: Uh, just regular O James.
Speaker 4: Because like I said, at the subway in New York and the internet, what's new all the time? There's things are It's a revolving door of fame. In the fifteen minutes, you get yeah, was it going to be oh a football player started a podcast that's cool, Now it's over or is it going to be able to become a little more longevity, which we found out that we do have a great base of fans. Nashville is a place that you never know, Like I mean, I would never think in my head living in Ohio or living somewhere that like Nashville is a great place to start some thinking and have amazing support. But it really is. Oh yeah, people here really care about the things that people invest time into. Will I invest in time into this the franchise and the fan base here and it's paid off with this and it's slowly growing.
Speaker 6: Right and it continues to grow continues to grow, and there's a moment where you do it and feel like it's dead fears, but you just keep pushing because you know what to grow, or you latch onto the few people to fuck with it. And that's what I did. I like, I could not care that it was flopping.
Speaker 4: Now now, is that something you were born with or is that something you had to obtain? Because a lot of people when they see things on the internet, it's tough. You can see ten nice things about you, but then you see one that's negative and a lot of times that I'll put somebody in the tank. Oh for someone listening to you right now, how do you compartmentalize those and figure out? Okay, I miss to stay on my path and I'm on because I think a lot of times with the younger people, younger adults, us, we look at we want to be successful.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Everyone gets to see Instagram, you get to see you to go on an export page and see what Sylvester stalonans one hundred and ten million dollar house and this guy's jet and that, and everyone sees the success, but no one sees the trials and tribulations. And it's almost comical to people when you start something new, how bad you are at first. It's like acting or doing stand up comedy or anything. When you start to do those things, it because you're probably shitty at first, right, and it's like, oh, this fucking guy is trash. And then eventually you get a dang cook, You get a Joe Rogan, a Crysta Leia, those types of guys that can get on stage and make people laugh. But it's fighting through that.
Speaker 3: How did you?
Speaker 4: How were you able to do that while you're battling addiction, while you're battling weight loss, weight gain, all that stuff, you know, having a kid at a younger.
Speaker 3: How old is your kid?
Speaker 1: My daughter's almost thirteen, was almost thirteen years old.
Speaker 4: Having a kid, I was young, yeah, at a young age.
Speaker 6: More when I was incarcerated, So yeah, it was even more like harder on me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to make sure and bookmark that because I definitely want to hit that as well.
Speaker 6: But for me, man, it was just like I didn't I joke about it, because it's real. I just had like blind faith, like you ever just felt like you were supposed to do something no matter what was like, I just felt like I was supposed to be a voice for the voiceless. I believe that I didn't care how much it flopped. I didn't care what people told me the in and out, Like I just always for you, it was probably football. All roads came back to football, right, no matter what was happening in life, you had this thing that was your fucking thing.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Music was my thing. I just couldn't accept no for an answer. I was just like, as long as I can keep putting out music, it's got to connect.
Speaker 1: I just really believed it.
Speaker 6: I never I never had a lot of moments I wanted to quick just how to pure depression or just like fuck it just maybe it's not. But I just, dude, I just I couldn't imagine not having this thing in my life.
Speaker 4: And when you see people shitting on that thing that you have, because for me, it's when I see things on Twitter, let's say, and I've got I've grown out of this quite a bit. But if I see someone say, hey, you know, you're a piece of shit person, You're a bad father, and you're a bad husband to me, rolls off the back. No, I'm not. And you don't know me well enough to know whether that's true or not. But you see me every Sunday playing football, So I you see, I'm a dogshit football player.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, is that.
Speaker 4: Grounds to stand on? These people hear your music and so they say your music's dogshit? How do you get past that content?
Speaker 1: So here's my thought.
Speaker 6: Right, if you don't like my music, you are either just a fucking that's just hating.
Speaker 1: Is in your genetics, right.
Speaker 6: Two it's maybe not your cup of tea, but you got to acknowledge the talent, Like I'm cool with you saying, hey, man, I get it, but I don't get it. It's not my thing, you know. Like you know, I don't expect a fucking Kenny G fan to just be like you're fucking great, you know, I expect them to be like, I don't get it, you know. But it's like you acknowledge the talent's there. Three, if you don't like my music, some fat dude fucked your wife period. Somewhere down the line, some fat, chubby motherfucker came in and swooped your bitch up, and you are just a hating motherfucker because of that.
Speaker 3: You just grudge every dude.
Speaker 6: That's bye guy, you know, it's like I just know that about because like I know now, there was a stage where the shit was horrible. Like, man, I'm really I believe what I do is good music. I believe it's not for everybody. I tell people I might not be your cup of tea. I'm a strong shot at tequila. That's okay. Maybe you're not a shot at tequila. Guy, you should go get you a machiato. I get that, But don't hate on me because I'm not a machiato. Motherfucker. You know what you're getting too. I've been a piece of shit my whole life. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I grew up I wouldn't you know why.
Speaker 3: My nickname is Jelly Row.
Speaker 1: I was fat as a kid. My mama called me jelly Row. She calls me Jelly to this day. I walk into my mama's trailer. Hey, Jelly, you feel me? And I say trailer because I bought her a house or she moved out of it, because you want the trailer, So I got her what she wanted. That you can take the pig out the mud, but not the mud out of the pig. You feel me If I walk in my mama's trailer is that my jelly? She's just excited. I've always I'm in a fucking fat kid. So it's like I don't that shit. Don't bother me, you know. It's like I dealt with all that before. It's like everything that was gonna hurt me in life has already happened.
Speaker 3: You can't hurt me.
Speaker 1: It's already happened. I went through it all.
Speaker 6: I've been to prison, I had an overdose, I almost died. I've been shot, I've been stabbed. You think you calling me a name on the internet hurts me?
Speaker 3: Man, Fuck you and your mama. How about that?
Speaker 6: How about if you see me at the gas station to say that to me, I slapped the ship out of you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: As certain as I stand here do I will slap the motherfuck out of one of them guys.
Speaker 3: And I know that in my I know who I am.
Speaker 1: They don't know who they are.
Speaker 6: That's why his picture is like a fucking Pokemon on fucking it on fucking tik talking.
Speaker 1: He's talking shit about me. You know what I'm saying, Like I was slapped the fuck out of you dog in front of your mama, and then it keeps hurting the mouth, That's what I'll do.
Speaker 5: You're big, like mama joke assault, You're big going after the mama.
Speaker 3: That's an old jail.
Speaker 6: Don't act like you want to fight. How about fuck your mom? You really want to fight? That don't make you want to fight. You don't want to fight? Yeah, that was always my joke. It's like, well, you know what, how about your mama sucks dick and it's mine and it's nasty dick and I've got her bees.
Speaker 3: Oh I want to fight now? Yeah, so you don't want to fight.
Speaker 6: You was just talking because if I say something about your mom and you don't hit me in the mouth.
Speaker 7: You didn't want to fight first for sure. Okay, somebody says some about your mom, you're no.
Speaker 3: See that's what I was.
Speaker 4: I wasn't going to disagree with you. I wasn't gonna do I was gonna let that one ride and let it fly. I haven't really talked like I haven't. I don't really talk to my mom like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I know it doesn't have to be deeper. Now, we don't have a relationship that you wish you had. But no, someone says, your mom sucks. I like, well, you probably don't know. Are she sucks?
Speaker 1: Dick?
Speaker 3: Yeah she has, you know, I know for.
Speaker 4: A fact she has a picture one time when I was in her Uh. Yeah, that's tough. That's a tough.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear that story? Yes? You can't start that story now, I know, but I do.
Speaker 4: I want to hear more about you and fight out amount of time talk about your mom. So when I was thirteen years old, my great mother gave me a gun as a thirty eight special black with a brown handle. My mom goes, well, you're thirteen, you can't have a gun like that.
Speaker 1: I relate to that kind of white treasury.
Speaker 4: Yeah ye along real well though, because we came up quite a bit, both of us. So I go back, go back to my mom's house and I hay check this out and she's like, okay, give me that. You can't have that. What are you fucking doing? So she puts it up and god damn, I can see the dick now. So one day she.
Speaker 2: Goes out that.
Speaker 3: He did it real slowly.
Speaker 4: It shocked me. I felt, I felt the universe ground me back. So my uh my mom, we we grew up. I grew up in a ranch and my mom's working the ranch or whatever. It's like a place for horses, not really ranch.
Speaker 3: And uh, I'm like, I'm go find that gun. It's my gun. It was a gift.
Speaker 4: It's like wedding raptors. Depending on what the gift. I'm gonna be taking it with me. But it's ton So I go, I'm I'm going through everything, right, I'm going through drawers, looking, feeling everything. I get to a nightstand, I open that up.
Speaker 3: I grab it.
Speaker 4: It's like glass with a bunch of things on it. It's like shape like this. I like a dill dough. But I was thirteen. I didn't know that it was a dil dough. Put the thing in my hand, put it back in the bag, put it back. I didn't even clean it to feel terrible to this day actually. And then I go through these drawers and you kind of start feeling around and you can you didn't feel like a like a playing card or whatever, kind of brushing up against the dresser. Yeah, and you can't what is that? And you kind of grab it and it's it was a polaroid and I tripped it my what is and it just immediately infused into my brain. It was uh it was. It was outside okay, Uh, it was a My mom was wearing a floral type of top like this, this meant in your mind, this penis.
Speaker 3: It went up and a little bit to the right.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: It was big and it was handsome, you know what I'm saying. It wasn't like a grimy one where you go, well, come on, it's kind of gross. It was like, that's a good looking dict, you know. And she this is this, this is the penis, this was her.
Speaker 3: This is her.
Speaker 4: Like that the tongue was touching the tip of the penis.
Speaker 3: Dude, it fucking it was. I went quiet.
Speaker 4: I wentn't mute for the first time in my life. A week goes by, my mom's like, hey, why aren't you talking very much? I'm fine walking to the other room. And then one day she's like that it's enough, like what's going on?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I don't want to talk about it, just let me alone, and she's like cornering me, like now we're doing the drug.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get around her and she wanted me to get around her, and she's like, yo, would you just tell me what the problem is. And I said, you want to know what the problem is, and we power walked to her room. I take out the picture and I showed her. I said, this is the problem, and she fucking lost it. And the worst part about the whole story was she was wearing the same fucking shirt. Then she wasn't the goddamn picture and that is the problem.
Speaker 5: And that is that.
Speaker 4: And literally I was telling I told this story to some of my teammates a few years ago and this and then my mom came to.
Speaker 3: A charity event. It was when Houston had the floods, and so.
Speaker 4: My wife put a charity event on and my mom came to the charity event and I go, Mom, you're not gonna believe the story I'm telling the boys right now. And she has not the dick story again, Taylor, but she knows, she knows the fucking thing that I talk about.
Speaker 1: And so first time I'm saying it on the podcast the first time, the first time I've ever heard that story.
Speaker 4: No, it was tough. I'm sweating profusely.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we can take this moment and go to an end.
Speaker 5: Today's episode is also brought to you by the team that manned the fuck up. These guys have struck gold with their Ultimate Beard Girls supplement.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, this ship works like a charm.
Speaker 6: It will help you naturally grow a fuller, thicker, and manlier man like mine.
Speaker 4: Jelly, do you think women like men with beards?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, dude. Let me tell you, if.
Speaker 6: You're tired of dealing with a patchy bitch beard, it is time to man walk up.
Speaker 5: What does man the fuck up Beard do? It enhances your beard. It helps you grow a thicker, fuller, more luscious beard that the women will love, and it gets rid of those patchy bitch beards. It's all natural and specifically formulated to help you grow your facial hair stronger, faster, and healthier. Text busting. That's b U S S I N to six six zero ninety seven to score twenty percent off Man the fuck Up Ultimate Beard Growth. Back to the episode with our boy Jelly role not just your boy, Jaelly, roll you.
Speaker 6: Boy with this fucking lion king mae right here, because I use that man the fuck up.
Speaker 3: Look at that fucking beard, baby.
Speaker 4: And see it now now. So that was that, But let's get back to what we were what we were talking about with you, Oh the fight your mom thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in jail, Well there was more.
Speaker 4: I'm all right, I'm good, thank you.
Speaker 5: It was we were talking about the whole fear, thinking about having confidence about everybody, kind of shitting on your stuff and learning how to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it sounds like you don't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter anymore, and it's it's a huge win because every label that told you fuck yourself is now sitting on your desk.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, it's all it worked out.
Speaker 4: Now, how does that process work? Talk to me like I'm five, and tell me how.
Speaker 3: How do you get a label?
Speaker 4: You kind of yeah, why why would it be all of you?
Speaker 3: When you have every label? Now now you get to kind of pick.
Speaker 6: So here's how this works, right, Labels come in and finance the records. And if y'all ever talked about this with a musician, the music I watched Ernest.
Speaker 4: Ernest has dabbled with it a little bit, but this is.
Speaker 3: The most organized we've been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way the way you are.
Speaker 3: So you said, finance, dabble in and out and get out. We're we're keeping this thing.
Speaker 4: Besides my picture, this is a street word.
Speaker 3: Finance.
Speaker 4: Hit me yeah, so continue, right, So it's a label finances the record.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the label finance is the record, right, and because of that they own the record. Well not, there's a deal involved with so like let's say that, it'd be like you say, let's say we're gonna do a Busting with the Boys album. I'm like, oh, let me sign y'all, we'll do it under my shit, right, and I'm like, Okay, check this out. Here's the deal, y'all. I'll finance the record, and I'll give you an advance if you need it, like if you need a draw or I'll give you an Rascal advanced, go cut your own record. Right, So I'll be like, Yo, here's a half a million dollars, go cut your record. But we're gonna do a and we'll promote it, market it. On the label side, we'll do everything for y'all. Y'all do is turning the record, we'll pay for the videos, we'll pay for everything. But on the side of it, we're gonna do a This is a generous deal. Now, we're gonna do an eighty twenty seventy thirty, Me get seventy, y'all get thirty, okay for me? Financing the record, and we're gonna do but we're gonna recoup the million dollars or half a million dollars at the rate of the deal. Let'say a million, because it's easy, man, And at the rate of the deal. This is where they fuck you, young artists. Please listen, I am giving away game. I could charge for this. This is where they fuck you. They charge at the rate of the deal. So that means every dollar that's made, I'm gonna take my seventy cents out of it, and then I'm gonna apply your thirty cents towards the million dollars you owe me.
Speaker 1: Right, and see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's paid off the second.
Speaker 6: And then once that's paid off, you start getting your thirty cents. Now, think about that for a second. As far as just us has grown, men a lackeuple bank loan or like a homy loan, right, Like just your homie gives you one hundred thousand dollars and go, I don't know, fuck give me give me a one hundred and twenty back if you can do it in three months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking.
Speaker 6: About somebody making seven hundred thousand dollars and they're million dollars back before you participate in any of the money.
Speaker 5: So so if if the whole project costs it a million, like you, they take out their seven hundred thousand, then your three hundred thousand starts to pay for the rest of the expenses.
Speaker 3: And then whenever it gets you your say, whenever you get.
Speaker 6: The eight million dollars, yeah, right, whenever you're thirty percent pays the million off.
Speaker 1: Then we go into a seventy thirty.
Speaker 6: But where the labels fuck you is it's an unlimited line of credit when you're doing well. So young artists don't realize what's happening, right, so they're just like, hey, man, I want to shoot a video and have a helicopter and jump out of it like James Bond and blow a car up. They was like, no problem, only costs quarter million dollars. Here's two hundred and fifty thousand more.
Speaker 1: Then these artists started get in a situation where they're never getting royalties on their records. Now the label owns the masters of the record. Now the masters is the right to sink something to put it on a TV show.
Speaker 6: The masters is the right to where it lives and doesn't live to break it down in a beat format to whatever they want to do with the master recording. Right, artist doesn't own the master, he's only participating in the royalties of the album. When I say seventy thirty, that's a strong deal. It's a lot of artists on music world right now with ninety five.
Speaker 4: Fives fives You don't make nothing? How do you? How do you make money?
Speaker 3: Then and and.
Speaker 6: Then to Morgant this new thing called a three sixty deal, which is called ancillary participation, which means now, not only do I want ninety five percent of what you're streaming does? I want fifteen percent of what your touring does gross. I want fifteen percent of what your merch does gross. I want fifteen percent of your appearance fee gross. I want fifteen percent of everything you do gross. So okay, and the nights on your name, Taylor, that's deeper.
Speaker 3: Imagine now, not only.
Speaker 1: Do I own this, so so if I wanted to go open a jelly roll bar, I would have to ask their permission to put or more depending on what the deal was with the name, because the name could be a different thing.
Speaker 4: So not unlike the Jason ol Dean bar down to the Flida Georgia line bar down there. I don't know their deals, but based on one of the things you might be saying is that could be owned by the record label.
Speaker 6: Actually, what's really happening is they took a licensing deal, so they have nothing to do with these bars. Dirk's is the only one I know who's pretty hands on, and the licensing deal could be fifteen percent of the world to the net.
Speaker 1: The net world, the Net, the net of the year.
Speaker 4: Now when you when you say dersh is pretty hands on, hes on one that you know that's hand What does that mean.
Speaker 1: In his bar? He actually has equity stocking?
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Where the other guys? Jason Dean's bar could be Ernest Bar.
Speaker 6: In five years, when it's licensing fees up, Ernest will probably be the biggest artist in Nashville. I hope that's our boy. So let's say Ernest boys. Yeah, he's one of the boys. So let's say Ernest is the biggest artist in town. And they go, Okay, it's no longer Jason al Dean Bar, It's Ernest Bar. You know, I'd love to see a day where music ROAs is Ernest and Harty's. You know what I'm saying. Does that make sense? Where the Broadway is the new guys, right?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: So it's like and then they come to them and say, man, we'll give you, you know, for your name's sake, We'll give fifteen percent of the net of what this thing does, depending on the label deal the jelly roll bar. Now at fifteen percent of the net of that. Let's say that bar makes my net is three million, four million dollars a year. The label comes in if they own my name. Like I know one artist in town I cannot say his name. We'll talk about it when the camera's off that literally gave up his whole name.
Speaker 1: That label could just come right in and take them three million.
Speaker 4: Dollars just like that.
Speaker 6: Like that, that's tough own his own name. That's hard to hear, and it's his government name. It's not like jelly rolls a moniker, right, you know? Like I mean, imagine like Taylor Lawan will Compton, like I own the name will and William Compton. That's the name I own. Anytime you put Will Compton on something and try to sell it, I'm I can I'm allowed to step in and flex and go hold on.
Speaker 1: Now you know I own the name will Compton.
Speaker 4: Do what my.
Speaker 6: Mama calls me with. This is the name my mother gave me. My father I was named Will like.
Speaker 4: He get that individual he or she give a way that opportunity.
Speaker 3: Now do you feel how are these things not? Sorry?
Speaker 4: I want to get this off because I want to make sure I ask it. How are artists not getting together and saying well, this is obviously unfair? And how is there an artist union? Is there a way that you guys can start unionizing and negotiating not just one genre like rap, but all genres to say, this is how we're gonna work labels from now on. It's a fifty to fifty or a fifty one to forty nine label, and it's gonna be X y and Z and kind of put more in a fine print, kind of like our CBA is.
Speaker 6: Right, So, what they're gonna end up doing is labels will turn into distributors in the future.
Speaker 1: It's already happening, right.
Speaker 4: Like labels are distributors like Spotify, like Apple Music.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but what they do is they like be like a big loud yeah exactly exactly. So it turns into what well, they're they're doing more distribution than they used to.
Speaker 3: So like where universally used to be record deal or no.
Speaker 6: Deal, the deals I have on my table from these labels are distribution deals. And this is probably my manager can be like, I fucking hate you work on this podcast. Just start telling all the business. But it's like he's by the way, yeah you're a huge fan, shouts boy, Yeah, yeah, what's up, Caleb. But they'll be like, yo, check this out. They'll be like, hey man, we'll distribute your record to all the DSP's digital service providers Spotify, album Music, CEA, We'll work the record, we'll use our relationship and our in house offices stuff for I can't legally say the percentage, but let's pretend it's like.
Speaker 1: Ninety ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah we're pretending though, right right, you see what I'm saying, So let's just say like it's just something that cool, that unheard of ninety my.
Speaker 1: Way ten their way. That's what the deals I'm getting now.
Speaker 6: Hypothetically, if they're for percentage like that were to exist purther non disclosure, I'm not allowed to say, but it's something of that nature, you know what I mean where I was willing to take an eighty five fifteen them getting eighty.
Speaker 3: Five six years ago when I was dead broke and just needed help.
Speaker 1: And that's where they catch these artists and fuck them.
Speaker 6: They see the talent and go, this kid's gonna work. Let's invest in them. Now, let's sign the deal. Now, let's put them in the huckle buck. You know what I'm saying, let's time up for four or five sixty seven albums something crazy and fucking.
Speaker 4: So the distribution. If it's changing the distribution, how are the labels going to go now monetize that and make sure that they get their same things.
Speaker 1: Well, they'll obviously have to start making less money, right, and the artists will be in charge.
Speaker 6: It's gonna happen. We're the beginning of it. I'm not saying this in an arrogant way. I say this in like, like in the bottom of my heart way. I think the deal that I'm gonna end up signing, that we'll talk about as soon as y'all, as soon as I see that not running will be something that I believe will go down in history of Nashville, like it'll be a turning point for artists where artists will start going into labels and saying, hey, man, I want the Jelly Roll deal.
Speaker 1: If you can do it, get that Jelly do it for me. Way, I really believe.
Speaker 3: That it's the same thing they do in the NFL. Now.
Speaker 4: For a players to start getting more and more money, they need the next guy up to have the biggest contract in NFL history. You get those guys doing it, and then that's.
Speaker 3: How money gets.
Speaker 1: There's always a bigger com Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's always a bigger contract. When I signed my deal four years ago, I was number one. Now I'm not even close to the top. It might be I might not even talk ten more. I have no idea, But that's how you keep the money rolling. That's how you as a group collectively keep the ball rolling in your direction that you want for people to walk in and say, I want the jelly Roll deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seems like there was a moment came in and said and it'd be shortly like you're but there was a moment where people came in and say, man, especially linemen, they were like, oh man, I want that fucking Taylor Lewan deal, right, Like y'all see what Tay like motherfucker's gossip. You see what just happened with Taylor and the issue, Like, Yo, that shit's out there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The thing with NFL money is that when people say five year blah blah blah blah. If someone signed a five year one hundred and twenty million dollars deal, everyone see one hundred and twenty million dollars. The most important thing is not your apy which is average per year. Most important thing is guaranteed at signing and then your first three years money, right, So that is the most important, the most important thing, Like, you don't have to be the highest paid dude, but if your structure is good, that's how your bulletproof to make your money. Dudes just want to have the highest paid contract.
Speaker 3: So they want that.
Speaker 4: So they say they have the highest deal, get the cool poster, you know, maybe have a milk commercial or added a magazine, and then two years from now you're getting cut. But they're back in those years of the highest yeah, and so those the years you're either renegotiating, have a smaller contract, or you're cut. Right, So it's a it's a it's a finicky world. The talent versus and.
Speaker 6: Even though it is, yeah, it's arts versus commerce man, and I am dead set against artists being exploited.
Speaker 1: It's something that bothers me and my soul.
Speaker 3: Man, Like, I.
Speaker 6: Hate to see an artist when they when when somebody like you know, it's got to be like that with y'all, right, Like when a motherfucker who's never thrown a football in his goddamn life tries to come in and tell you what you're worth, and you're like, hold on, no, You've never fucking once in your life came out here on a Sunday. You've never once had the fucking Alabama shakes I get out here. You've never once dealt with the intensity I deal without here, and you're telling me, what the fuck I'm gonna want to put your value with the motherfucking harbor to know something about money. You can suck my dick, soft dog. This is fucking what I do.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying. It's like when.
Speaker 6: People tell me, like, come in and you tell me, hey man, this is this is how this would work.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Have you ever played a guitar? Have you wrote a thousand songs and nine hundred of them motherfucker's been horrible. Don't talk to me. I got a hard drive, I got a graveyard of songs I'd never played for y'all.
Speaker 3: Right, now we're homies.
Speaker 1: I feel like already we've talked about motherfucking dick and everything we've.
Speaker 4: Gotten the bring it up right away till I feel like that's something you lead with super close or not.
Speaker 1: I feel like you couldn't get No, I wouldn't tell you a story if my mama sucking dick.
Speaker 3: If I wouldn't go with.
Speaker 5: You, we're back right.
Speaker 6: It's like, dude, I just you know, it's like I wouldn't. I just I just couldn't imagine a world where the artists don't have control. It's time for the artists to take control in our business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to see a art explain.
Speaker 5: You need some of those pioneers too, that are like that kind of disclose some of that as well, because a lot of times guys just don't know what everybody else is doing. Like going in the NFL, you kind of know what structure're going to get into. There's minimums, or's this and that. There's not that kid, there's not that kid. Kind of playing in the field and scouts just go by and see them be like, oh, let's take advantage of him and get ninety percent of It's pretty much like IP intellectual property, right, similar with like podcasting, there's like people brands who own an IP and then also talent who owns their IP to where it seems like in the distribution world it's more of like that split revenue deal, like, hey, you still own jelly roll and your intellectual property of it all, but now you will work with a label that will kind of give you an audience or give you more of an audience and throw money in the right buckets, right, is that kind of what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Their thing is they are willing to offer what you can't get because there are some things that are hidden behind relationships that an artist can't have, right, that are just years of like like Spotify. So go normally watch what I say, but I gotta I'm walking like use your example by as close to being the new radio, and there's gonna come a moment where your relationship with the radio will determine where your artist gets placed on the radio. Sure, right, So I am fearful that the artists are going to struggle with that, like these big playlists, you know, because it starts to like radio is become a Nolan fort. Right, Country radio exists because it's still a button pushing industry, but it's becoming less and less right, Like we're finding artists on our phones. Now you're finding artists through friends, through Instagram.
Speaker 4: Tik talk, Instagram, all that stuff. But what do you mean by a button pushing industry? What is that When you say country music is a button pushing industry, I understand that.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, Taylor. They can go literally find a guy right now on Broadway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pick him up, bring him in the office, and say you're the dude.
Speaker 6: Now you're the dude. Man, we're gonna put you. We're gonna do the best songwriters. We're gonna get you the best song. We're gonna go to country radio and spend millions of dollars and you're gonna have the number one song in the country on country radio in the next twelve months.
Speaker 4: So they get to pick and choose. But couldn't any industry do that?
Speaker 6: Well, it's turning less into rap. See, rap was different, right because rap was found in the streets. Initially you would find good rap songs in the club and then it would translate to radio. So like when a song got big on rap radio, we'd already heard it in the club six months ago.
Speaker 3: Radio was late. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Where country music is like a traditional country audience, here's this new song for the first time on the radio, not somewhere else. Now, rap has now went to streaming and artists direct, so you find the artist, you find the song, and then you grow with the song. So now of the songs like the babies, like the biggest rapper in the world, but you remember when he dropped his first song and you were riding with them through that where country music's not so much that way.
Speaker 4: These guys come out of nowhere, come out and do lack of a better term, it's more corporate in the exact country corporate.
Speaker 5: So it's like if I had a shitload of money and I was in the country world or a big label whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is, and I wanted to be like, all right, this is the this.
Speaker 5: Is the write ups of songs.
Speaker 3: Like you said, you're a writer, So if I want to what do you call it? Catalog?
Speaker 5: Right? So if it's like I'm gonna go buy Jelly Rose catalog, and then I'm gonna find somebody that we can kind of control their intellectual property.
Speaker 3: That would be the way to do it. Is like buy that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I had to spend X million dollars to buy that. Cost her a lot of money. But let's go find this person that doesn't know who they are yet, put them behind that song, and then we kind of control that.
Speaker 3: We're kind of betting on making money off buying your.
Speaker 6: Absolutely or a publisher, so you'll have a publisher who will sound a writer like I love you, Ernest. I'm sorry I have to reference you because you're our boy and easiest want of reference. Could we all know? Arnest is arguably I would argue with somebody right now that he's the best.
Speaker 1: Songwriter in Nashville.
Speaker 3: He's on that list that are like top three.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, right, I'm just I would argue with anybody that Ernest is the best songwriter in Nashville. Write now and say Ernest writes a bunch of songs, right, he turns them into his publisher because that's part of their deal, and Ernest gets a piece of whatever the publisher plugs, right, a pretty good piece from my understanding or from what I hear, only I would assumptually know, because I'm sure he's not allowed to say, but I heard he got a good deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speculations.
Speaker 1: So it's like where y'all, that's where our business is different than your business. They hide us behind.
Speaker 3: NDA's where you sign a big deal.
Speaker 1: Man, that's just on the ESPN.
Speaker 4: That's everywhere you know.
Speaker 6: Where we sign a deal, and it comes with a sheet of paper that says you can never speak of this deal.
Speaker 1: But let's say he got a good deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes that makes a lot more sense because then people won't be able to go say, I want the Jelly Rold deal.
Speaker 3: True, you can't go look at the structure.
Speaker 5: Always anytime we have an artist on too, we're always kind of curious of some of these deeps, some of them getting in the weeds of it, and it's just like you can never really get to man.
Speaker 6: A lot of them couldn't get in the weeds which bubble about their business. They signed a deal, they have behind, don't know what the is going on.
Speaker 3: Sometimes not about being smart about having the right people around.
Speaker 6: They can teach you this, Yeah, for sure, you know, dude, it's a did y'all ever watch this old trailer park show called Myrtle Manor?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: It was great. So I met with the dude who owned the IP for Myrtle manor right are.
Speaker 3: You pulling this time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, welcome to Myrtle Manor. So this old man owns this TV show. Oh look, he's got all kinds of gossip and ship people went to jails and soon this is good. So this was the show, right, And I did their theme song for like season two, just like click on any of that ship. So anywaysh they would have this moment where I did the show and I met with the owner of this show and he went behind the television station. I loved delistory and I've never told the publicly though, and he like trademarked the IP for the show behind the TV people's back because he owned a trailer park called Myrtle manor you see what I'm saying. And then when the TV show came to him about it, he owned all the intellectual property for the Myrtle Manner ship. So I only needed to get in a few seasons because of that, because he like completely took over.
Speaker 4: So did they put a spin show on there that wasn't the same that they wasn't called Myrtle That Manor, but was no.
Speaker 6: They gave a show called Welcome to Myrtle Manor. But what he did was he bought he owned the trailer park. The trailer park was called Myrtle Manor, right. Yeah, So when he knew the TV people was coming, while they were still negotiating the deal, he goes and trade parks. Myrtle Manor trademarks the logo because it's his trailer park. He's like, I'm not gonna let y'all do the artist thing right and come in and fuck me.
Speaker 4: So this guy who owns a trailer park is an absolute good for him.
Speaker 6: But I referenced him to tell you the story he changed my life. One night we got drunk together and he said, I never made it out of high school and this dude owned half a fucking Myrtle beach. I said, well, that's crazy, he said, let me tell you a story.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I hired a young kid that came out of Yale to run my business for me.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: One day, some other guys were in the office talking about where they went to college. The young kid looked at me and said, where'd you go to college? He said, I told him I didn't go to college. So the kid said, you didn't go to college. He said no, he said at all. He said, I didn't go to high school. The guy said, how do you run this business? He said because I was smart enough to hire a motherfucker that.
Speaker 6: Went to Yale. Yeah, you know, and that stuck with me that day. I'll never forget that conversation with that dude. This old man was sitting there shooting fucking pappy, fucking getting wasted with me in the middle of this trailer park, fucking multi millionaire just gaming me.
Speaker 3: I was soaking it up like a that sponge. I was like, give it.
Speaker 1: To me, Papa, I want it all because I was.
Speaker 6: Like super early in my career and trying to figure out what I was going to do. Yeah, and I just stood by everything he told me, that the importance of owning your IP, the importance of owning your name, the importance of ownership.
Speaker 1: Don't sell it.
Speaker 6: Out, jelly, because I was like, I was thinking about taking a bad production deal back then.
Speaker 4: You just trying to get your name out there.
Speaker 6: That just anything to get my name out there, Dude, I was willing to, you know, like like I was just so desperate to not be I was so desperate not to sell drugs anymore.
Speaker 1: I was like, whatever it takes not to risk.
Speaker 4: Tas freeze and stuff.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to, dude, I wanted to be in my daughter's life because it's text Me and Don was talking about this on the way in my camera. Guy, I said, I got so I got arrested. I don't know if I could say this or I couldn't. If you can't, but right down the street from here, when that neighborhood used to be before they you know, made it nice gentrification.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's what the word.
Speaker 6: Yeah, before they gentrified the neighborhood over here, Yes, and almost. But yeah, I fucking got caught with a half ounce of crack over here. Was the last time I went to prison, and I sat in prison for almost two years. That was the year my daughter was born. The baby mother was like seven eight months pregnant then. Really yeah, So whenever I came home, I was like, man, I just want to do whatever it takes not to go back back. I had a reason not to go to jail for the first time of my life. Yeah, and that was a turning point. How many times before then were you in prison?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I probably did seven out of a ten year stretch. That's tough, man, that's fucking tough.
Speaker 4: How you hear it? Like I went to a holding cell one time for breaking probation.
Speaker 3: Hardcore, I know, but.
Speaker 4: There were you're on probation, yeah, white story twice A Yeah, I slapped the kid and stole his iPad iPod.
Speaker 1: But he wasn't talking about your mama. No, he did it.
Speaker 4: The way I brote probation to some kids, says some of my mom That's what I did. But that was before the Dick pic. When those those seven to ten years, when you're when you're in prison, you hear all like obviously you watch documentaries and you see this guy goes to jail and he's just you know, unsuspecting, white dude whatever. And then he's like, you gotta be with a crew. You got to be with the white supremacist cats. You can't be with the black guys, can't be all this different stuff. Is the ship really run like that in there in some prisons?
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure. He'll tell us a good prison story. Oh no, dude, there's let me tell you a story. Anybody who says they have a good prison story did not learn from prison. Tell people all the time. This isn't like judging malls. Oh this one was way better than this one. They all fucking sucked.
Speaker 3: I never been to one.
Speaker 1: I thought it was you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I mean, I could tell some funny stories, but I choose not to because in hindsight, none of that.
Speaker 1: Ship was funny.
Speaker 6: But uh it was, it was. Yeah, it diversifies sometimes. I was in a state prison. I didn't go federal, so it's a little easier for me because I'm from Nashville.
Speaker 1: I was born and raised here. Hence why I'm a busting with the Boys fan.
Speaker 6: A fucking Tighten advocate may respect that, yeah for sure. Like side note, thank you for what you've done for the city. We really appreciated having you, man, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: You know, well that means a lot, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: My prayer as a Titan fan frankly for both of you not to put Will on the no comments spot again. But uh is that when y'all are both done, y'all hang up the Jersey here. That means a lot to the city, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it's laying up the Jersey War in the bus yeah fu yeah, wherever.
Speaker 4: You want to hang out stadium. I don't know if I can do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, George, you know, somebody wants my name.
Speaker 3: It's a tighten Jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I was a local kid, so it's like I didn't deal with it as much.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It was more like really culturally melted, you know. So I didn't have a problem in there. It was pretty cool, so I didn't have to deal with that shit.
Speaker 1: But in federal prison.
Speaker 6: One of my best friends went to federal prison struggle, and uh, you know, it was real bad there. They played the race card in the state card. Tough there, but in state prison, yeah, I mean, you definitely got some of that going. But when you're you know, dude, I could ride the fence man, I could sing rock and roll music, play a little guitar, and I could rap like a motherfucker yeah weed. So I was pretty prove. Everybody pretty much liked me in there.
Speaker 3: Good deal.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad it worked out for you in prison. I'm glad you're out of now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's way cooler working out out here, no question. But I came home and just wanted to figure it out for the kid.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was just determined to figure it out for my daughter.
Speaker 5: This episode of Bustle with the Boys is also brought to you by One Championship, the biggest martial arts organization in the world, is on TNT every Wednesday night in April. Don't miss another Stack Fight Card one on TNT two this Wednesday at ten pm Eastern and Pacific time, right after ae W Dynamite on TNT The Best Fights Live on Wednesday nights. Timothy nes u Can, the Russian killer who knocked out Eddie Alvarez in less than one minute, finally gets his shot at gold when he faces the Golden Boy of One Championship one lightweight world champion, Christian Lee. It's a clash of knockout artists, with Lee holding the record for most finishes in one and nes you Can having the fastest fastest knockout in one history. This one is going to be fireworks, and.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget that the one.
Speaker 6: Adam Waight kickboxing World Champion Janet Todd continues her quest for Gold and a second sport where she takes on number four ranked and line Hogstad and Mui Ta. The American looks to prove that she is the most dangerous female striker in the world by dominating all of the one.
Speaker 5: Super Series one on TNT two airs this Wednesday night, right after AEW Dynamite at ten pm Eastern. Catch the prelims starting at eight thirty Eastern five thirty pm Pacific time on Bleacher Report.
Speaker 3: The Best Fights live on Wednesday nights until they.
Speaker 6: Come on Baby watch this episode feature of My fat Self Jelly Roll go back to busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: What was that moment like with the first time you saw your daughter. I mean she was to.
Speaker 1: Her second birthday. Uh, that's when I really actually met her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it was emotional, but it was like a happy emotion. You know, I'm so glad to be in her life at that point, and me and her mother had kind of fought through custody at that point or me even being able to see her because you know what I mean, I didn't have the best Uh you know, I'm a reform I was. I wasn't a good human pre my daughter in general, so I could understand her resentment towards me, and.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know it was funny.
Speaker 6: I met her on her second birthday, and somewhere around her seventh birthday, I got full custody of her, so me and my wife have full custody.
Speaker 3: Ever, now she's at the house waiting for me to get home.
Speaker 6: So be pissed off when I show up without the sign of lawan Jersey Well refreshed about that, because yeah, she's literally was.
Speaker 3: Like, Yo, don't forget that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, We'll make for sure, Like make sure you grab a bottle.
Speaker 1: This might be long. I want to make sure I'm tipsy.
Speaker 5: When you were talking about how bad you were before your daughter, was it pretty much just your daughter to that change your home mindset when you went into prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, or like what what what kind.
Speaker 4: Of reflections were you like having with yourself?
Speaker 5: I was having to say, if you're a bad dude for a long time, it's like, you know, what's that conversation like for you in prison?
Speaker 6: It's just knowing that you have to do something different, you know, even in prison. I wasn't sure I wanted to change in jail, at least until they knocked on the door the year she was born, on her birthday, and the guard told me it was her birthday, that she was born. You know, your daughter was born. He had no other information at all. You didn't know her name. When I think about it, I don't even know if he said it was a boy or girl. I think he was just like, yo, you're your kids here. You got a kid bore in this warning. I was like, well, tell me more and I'll never forget. The guard looked at me through the through the little crack in the window. You know, you got the little little slit. Yeah, I said, I don't fuck it.
Speaker 1: Know, man, just walking one really his he was wasn't his problem. He's just there getting you know, fucking twelve hours an hour. Sure, but you know, think about that for a minute, like, man, she gets news of my whole life right here, and I have zero information.
Speaker 4: This is when she was born.
Speaker 1: This is the he was actually born.
Speaker 6: She was actually born, actual Like you know, because somebody calls to jail, like somebody dies in your family or something, you know, they bring only really bad news and some good news, like a kid born on bad news. It's about where it stops. Your grandma dies they'll come tell you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: God, that's gonna be hard when you're dealing with depression and you're in prison and someone tells you if someone died, Yeah, that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: You can't call, or you're in a situation where you can't get a hold to nobody, you can't get a pass to go to the funeral.
Speaker 1: My grandmother dad, when I was in.
Speaker 3: Jail, really never forget.
Speaker 6: We were close, but me and my father, my father and her were closed and it just hurt me for my dad. Your father, Yeah, he passed away two years ago.
Speaker 3: I started to hear that. Yeah, for sure. I tell you how much of a legend he was.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 6: The tin roof on Demumbrian has got a plaqueform where he sat at the bar. Really, that's right, you know what I'm saying, Because where he sat at that bar like five days a week. Yeah, absolutely, dude, they have a plaque right there, Buddy d Ford just sitting.
Speaker 3: On the bar right there at the street that's name to the Ford.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: D four like that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: I did some some pretty shitty things in that bar. That's a good.
Speaker 3: Place me too, man, I love a good place. Yeah, it's fun time. I love the plastic like you've been there, Will, Yeah, been a few times.
Speaker 6: I tried to talk Will to going out to get drunk with me one night, y'all, and he politely stiffed me. He was like, defense, I was glossy drunk when I asked him to go. We were at like a comedy club, and I was like, you should go out and have a drink with me, and he was like, ye'all hit you right up.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't think he's gonna hit me. What did you think about it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: About it?
Speaker 3: Later hits you up.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm not gonna get you.
Speaker 5: That hit you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get out of here.
Speaker 1: But because we're probably looking to the left of him thinking I was staring, I mean me and show, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shop off up here.
Speaker 1: And I was like, so, you know, me and shop and started drinking that day and like breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But the difference, you guys had to get together too.
Speaker 6: We had to get together and did this King of the sting, and uh, the difference was shap you know, went on about his day. I just kept drinking. I just went downtown. I started bar hopping, after I dropped him off here like twelve thirty or one or whatever it was. And by the time I showed up to his show, I was I was.
Speaker 1: Pretty pretty pretty crashed.
Speaker 3: It was really, I gotta go to a dude, so you know.
Speaker 1: Yo, I'm there this weekend. To him, I'm doing you know, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna be out of town this weekend, but I will.
Speaker 3: I'll hit you up. Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: Next, Yeah I do it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I'm sober this time.
Speaker 3: Yes, what are you doing at anies?
Speaker 1: So Josh Wolf does Josh Wolf and Friends once a month.
Speaker 4: We gotta get Josh on this thing.
Speaker 1: Bro, whenever, Dude, I'll call him right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So Brandon was saying, Josh Schul said he wants to come on when he's backing to dude, Yes, yo, is this thing. I appreciate that too. By the way, that's we detected. Oh about doing busts with boys Like I'm down in Miami shooting shooting his music video with Andrew Shuls.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, you're in the shoals and he's like, yeah, I'll see if he wants to come on the bus.
Speaker 7: It was like, hey, thanks, cool, I appreciate that. Yeah, that's awesome, you do. We want to come on the bus with me today. We got drunk on the golf course last week. I don't know watch to say that about him. I got drunk.
Speaker 4: Was H's just soliditary?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one suspected.
Speaker 6: Remember if he drunk or not. I fucking trashed. But uh, Michael Ruis.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wants to come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was coming, he was tackle, he was Yeah. It was very mean to me my rookie year.
Speaker 4: But I've forgiven him really well, I mean they essentially drafted me to take a spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he was leaving the next year. Well, and the.
Speaker 4: Way I've heard it, and I love for him to come on the bus and actually talk about my rookie year because I know there's a lot of people who I was my rookie year and second year is a totally different person.
Speaker 3: Now. Obviously Will Shart a bunch of stories.
Speaker 4: But Michael, like I heard from another player that he was literally talking the day of the draft, is like He's like, basically, today I'm gonna find out if'm I get extension after this or I'm retiring next year. Oh shit, that would be a nice little story to here. Yeah, and so then obviously they drafted me, which is I remember coming on a visit to Nashville and thinking, why the fuck am I here, Like, no, there's no way they're going to draft me. They just got Michael or in a free agency that turned out well. And then Michael Ruse, who's been like been there for this, was just going into his tenth year Eastern Washington cat like had an amazing career with the Titans. So but Michael's a good dude. He and I have talked a lot about it since then. I always tell a story about when I first got drafted. I DMed him on Twitter and was like, hey, man, I love to like get with you.
Speaker 3: Learn the playbook.
Speaker 4: You know, I can sit down. That thing still has been on read for a while, Like I have not been able.
Speaker 3: He has not said anything back to this day.
Speaker 4: But he's a good dude, man, and we've like, obviously, I can't imagine the day they draft somebody to replace me and how I'm gonna feel or handle that situation, you know, So I.
Speaker 6: Forgot what me and Will were going back and forth about that day. But he hit me and I was like yo, And I told Michael Ruse I was like, yo, ironically, I'm out here with like Michael Rose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like yeah, but I'm gonna go out there with a Will And Taylor was like, bring me. I'm gonna come with you, gonna bring it.
Speaker 5: But he said yeah, Man, wasn't enough, Taylor, Yeah, man, I'll hit you stand out there.
Speaker 4: Look get you on next he was.
Speaker 1: He was serious though. Man, he's a good guy. Man, he's good. He's the hell of a golfer.
Speaker 4: Day is he really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah for sure.
Speaker 6: Speaking of which, I had formerly challenged Will Compton to a golf competition. I don't know if you've heard this ship. This is big news, by the way, breaking news, y'all. Me and Will Compton are gonna have a head on. We're gonna pick a country club with his choice.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm gonna go there.
Speaker 4: Part three.
Speaker 6: And this is gonna be the first time I get the spank a professional athlete and an athletic.
Speaker 1: Competition or you're a beast like that? No, I suck, but I just.
Speaker 4: Think I'm better than you.
Speaker 6: He would get on this weekend with the boys, I know it's see that's when he that's when he hit me. I started my Taylor Lawan troll the like, hey, we should do this and gamble on and blog it.
Speaker 4: I'm down with that, dude.
Speaker 3: I'll go all right the car and watch yeah the whole time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Do you golf at all?
Speaker 4: No golf people that have made it. I can't be golfing yet. I'm only twenty nine. Yeah, I had so much more life than what's what's making it? What's the definition of made it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know when I've done it. We got a lot of things to do still, golf is a I mean, I don't know. I have two kids, two young kids right now. I can't find time to do it. So much stuff and I'm late to everything too. I would never make it. Two times. Today's a perfect example.
Speaker 1: I was told this motherfucker told me to hear it too well.
Speaker 6: They remember that.
Speaker 4: They were like, hey, yeah.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, I said, I sent them. I must have been right after you two. I'm my hey reminder two thirty jelly roll. Yeah, I guess I told him to what he takes on time?
Speaker 4: Fucking Ready, You're like, man, I'm glad you're such a fan of the podcast. Man that's very cool. It's very cool you keep to your roots. I mean, we're obviously not both from Nashville, but being Nashville based podcast.
Speaker 1: It's been awesome, very right you. I'll just represent everything that is Nashville too.
Speaker 3: That's very cool of you to say.
Speaker 6: It's been like fucking dope. Man, you've been like a franchise player. I feel like at this point like you're our guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm it's I hope to stay here for a little bit longer. Man, it's been awesome. You always when you think about going to the NFL, you always stay stay with the same team.
Speaker 6: Let me let me can I ask all a couple of questions. You drilled me pretty hard, Sure, because I just want to know some stuff. How does that feel like? Do you know you're getting traded? Or the story is true that sometimes people find out on ESPN.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's true. That's very true.
Speaker 6: People do you Guys don't find out until they a lack of a relationship or I.
Speaker 4: Think it's just the way things are handled. Sometimes when an office upstairs there's fifteen twenty people, a revolving door of information, and a lot of those guys have a chefter number have a rapid poor number. Yea, and I think it's like, hey, we're trading jelly roll to the Bengals. Wow, tough, and so change the information. Some guy might have a tweet real quick saying or a text to a chefter saying, we're trading something.
Speaker 3: So right, so I can give out the information. Hey, run that through the wire today.
Speaker 5: This that the other some my text on the side, text chefter, hey we're trading jelly roll to the Bengals. Putting it on ESPN or NFL network because then they need to be first.
Speaker 1: Because it came up about you today.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: My boy was like, yo, man, you gotta ask Will what he's gonna do. I was like, I just watched the art one. He's gonna say no comment?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, but I want accept that.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do with this?
Speaker 3: Do you want to play football?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah, no I'm not retired. Are you playing the years? Hey? I mean.
Speaker 4: Here's the here's the navigating waters Will has to do. It's the officer. The Titans had not offered him. And if Will said yeah, I want to be in Tennessee, then there's thirty one other teams that are deterred from sending him a contract as well, because they know he wants to be in Tennessee, so.
Speaker 6: He loses negotiating power, just lose leverage talking about right, So it's like, but you can't say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, of course I want to play for the Times. I love playing here, but I would also play for other t as well. I just hope it's like, you know, it works out the best situation.
Speaker 1: The way he brought it up was because you know, obviously dud like invested interests as a Nashville.
Speaker 6: Kid, like we want you to stay right, like the spirit of the team, like just everything that what y'all are building here, you know, which I don't think he'd break the band up, but that's like my fear with y'all too in general, like, especially with this particular platform, is like, never break up the band.
Speaker 3: Dude, y'all get the coolest thing in the world going on.
Speaker 4: Well we both have, yeah, but we both live here. And Will has been stated he's a very great glue guy. And I think whether Will is with the Titans with somebody else this year, that team's gonna be lucky to have a glue guy, the guy that can go in, get in a playbook in two days, know the playbook and make calls, get guys, everybody in.
Speaker 3: The right place, smart cab.
Speaker 6: But the reason it came up to he's like, man, you know it's my boy.
Speaker 1: But he was like, yo, man, at least find out off the camera.
Speaker 3: Will's gonna split.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I don't know, man, the way I see this shit on ESPN, he probably won't know it neither.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna shoot me. It's like just letting you know. It's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think you know. I was like, you never know that she could just be on ESPN.
Speaker 4: It's interesting you say that. And I'm speaking for Will because I can more speak. I can speak more freely about the situation than he can because then it's a speculation. But like you never, like, no one knows. So when a guy doesn't really sign with the team, it's never oh, that motherfucker doesn't like this team. Fuck him. It's like, well, that's how things worked out. It's the business of the thing. And they sometimes teams even released when there's contract negotiations, like we've offered Will Compton to be the third highest paid linebacker in the NFL and he hasn't signed that. What's that about? That's a negotiation tactic by a team reaching out put in the public eye. So then fans put pressure on the player to say, well, hey, why don't you sign it? You don't want to be here, you don't want to be the tight ends. What's the deal? And so it's it's a revolving door and you gotta keep to keep it close to the vest.
Speaker 3: Well, what's crazy up is.
Speaker 4: Ninety ten them and that is fuck.
Speaker 6: I guess it's different because ours is so you know, fucking cards to chest, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Yours seems a little more not wild wild West.
Speaker 5: But it's like no one knows of the chess game that goes on, whereas with again, with the NFL, you kind of understand certain figures that are gonna happen.
Speaker 3: At least it's not like again, no.
Speaker 5: One's just gonna come and fuck you and you don't know about it.
Speaker 3: It's like they just have that access to tweets off out there.
Speaker 5: Like when I was on the Raiders and I was signing with the Raiders, I was up there, not necessarily negotiating, but they had offered me a contract. I look over the contract to get on the phone my agent. I'm like, hey, they got this, explain this injury waiver to me. And he's like, so, essentially, if you injure anything on your your your right leg, your right limb, they can cut you and not have to rehab you, not have to pay you, none of that. So I wouldn't get the split of my contract. I wouldn't get none of that. So if I signed that, then I'm basically like, okay, yeah, if I get hurt, you guys could just send me home and then I'm just sitting at home.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of contract.
Speaker 3: I mean, it can be. It depends on the how the contract is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nothing that will necessarily like trick you too much because you have an agent. Like again, the game's a little more understood.
Speaker 1: Agent would be little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just kind of advised negotiates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd you know this is you know, YadA, YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: That's essentially what it means.
Speaker 5: And so I basically said, they're like, I look at it, that's not worth it to me.
Speaker 6: I don't care to Are you allowed to say what the percentage this guy gets up.
Speaker 3: To three percent? Up to three percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, players can negotiate with their agent all the way up to three percent. They do have a standard, dude, that's slugging wells.
Speaker 1: That's changed a lot, just like a union, it's changed a lot.
Speaker 4: I know. It's kind of always been like when Will and I first in the NFL, it was three percent, and then in twos and eleven, when they redid the collective Bargaining agreement, first round picks became like slotted now, so it's like every person gets the same amount and these specific things every year goes up five percent. So agents took that and we're like, hey, if you sign with us, you can do We'll give you two percent for the first contract, or we'll give you one percent. And I think, uh, other agencies are doing that now. But when we signed, it was three percent, and that's what it is.
Speaker 3: You get. That's the house going.
Speaker 6: To Can I ask you all another question, so check us out? How many athletes do you think like in my business? I can say ninety five percent of artists are really clueless of what's going on in their business.
Speaker 1: How many athletes do you think like that?
Speaker 3: You what do you mean by business?
Speaker 1: The logistics?
Speaker 6: Like if you sat down with one of these guys, like, it's obvious both of y'all know your deals, you know your leverage, you know your bargaining power, you know where.
Speaker 3: You sit, you get that.
Speaker 6: How many of these guys could sit on this bus and would literally look at me and be like, man, I don't fucking know.
Speaker 4: It's tough. It's tough to put a specific number on it because contracts in a lot of ways, besides splits, besides workout bonuses all that, Like, there's little things like that. It's pretty cut and dry, like you know what your you're signing, and then every year after that's that guarantee. Is like, I'm on three one year deals right now from here on out, my contract's not guaranteed this year and each year from now on until my contract is up is not guaranteed. So the team could cut me and not owe me any money. I know that, and I would say a lot of guys probably know how that works. What I don't think guys know is when they see a big number at the end of their contract, they think, I'm excited to get that twenty million dollars. Would say, I'm excited to get that twenty million dollars in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: But the issue is is you may.
Speaker 4: Ten here, twelve here, thirteen here, and then seventeen, eighteen and twenty, well that's seventy eighteen and twenty aren't guaranteed, and these three small ones are you're not going to get to that. That's going to get renegotiated. And so it's kind of knowing having a good agent is very important. Guys that negotiate their own contracts, I couldn't do it, and I don't know how they do it. I mean, there's the Russell O Kung who did half his contract in bitcoin, which is obviously now hindsight SWaCH a pretty genius deal.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: Who's Richard Sherman heated his own deal too. But you know, for me, I don't know how to look at language.
Speaker 3: I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to go and sit there and do that. And so you really rely on those people to kind of negotiate that contract.
Speaker 5: Like the financial literacy when you do have the money. A lot of guys don't have that. Like the documentary thirty for thirty broke isn't just a made up documentary that seventy percent of guys go broke within three to five years. It's like that financial education, of financial literacy you have once you start getting that money coming in, because you know, when you're when you all of a sudden just make a bunch of money, guys don't necessarily know how to act. And that's that's just everybody in general. You just don't know what to do. You can, but you know there's there's snakes out there. You gotta vet them, like you know, you kind of just don't know. I can't speak for everybody, but I do know, Like that's that's more of the thing. Is like when you get offered to go to some of these financial literacy programs and getting educated on money and budgeting and this and that, guys do need to soak that in because it's not like it's fact that it's seventy to eighty percent of guys go broke within three to five years, you know what I mean, Like when we're all standing in the locker room, Hey, fellas, like I get we all don't think it's gonna be us, but statistically speaking, seven out of ten of us are gonna be that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So right before you walk on a busk me and will were having a conversation how artists have this thing where they'll be like amphitheater acts not treat their money good, and then later in life you'll go see them at like the excid in Like when you see these legacy acts planning for four hundred people at the accident, You're like, man, you would have been at the bridge Stone eighteen years ago, fifteen years ago. You know that was because of financial literacy, right, Like they never understood how to take care of their money when they were getting it and winning. Because I told them, our business is like yours. It's a mountain. You're climbing up it, you're sitting on top for a very short part of time, and you're coming down that motherfucker. Yeah, you know, And it's what you do with your money in the intermediate and also knowing when to hop off the horse. Like I plan I can't believe saying this publicly. I plan on selling my catalog when I think I'm right. But you feel like, yeah, well you.
Speaker 4: Feel that stock is it's building a business and selling a business. What's your exit strategy when you're at the top, because if you miss it by a year, you couldn't miss out on millions of dollars, potentially for millions.
Speaker 1: Dollars, and the problem is too you can go too soon.
Speaker 6: I've seen some artists sell a catalog and then write the biggest number one in the country the following year and go, Man, you got seventeen million dollars for that catalog, And if you'd have waited till this year, you could have got forty seven million dollars.
Speaker 3: And that for one song.
Speaker 6: If that one song becomes the biggest song on the planet, like Happy You're with justin Timberlake cause.
Speaker 1: You feel or whoever song that was, Yeah, that song for real. Sorry I suck, but it's like that song. But at that moment, Oh, it could.
Speaker 6: Change somebody's catalog twenty million dollars that year. Yeah, you know, literally mean we're talking about something that could change. You know, it depends on how much of it.
Speaker 1: They owned again, right, yeah, they just owned the publishing.
Speaker 3: It could change a couple of men. What do you want to your catalog if you masters its publishing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, yeah, yeah baby.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 6: I own everything that's never lett nobody into anything, even my distributors I do.
Speaker 3: I do really short deals with and uh, when like to earn us about writing.
Speaker 4: You sit in the room with a bunch of guys, and guys kind of throw all you put some music on, you throw lines for each other and collectively make a song. How does that look for you?
Speaker 3: Is your catalog? You and your songs and what you've made.
Speaker 1: I've wrote on every song I've sun. Yeah, I've never not been in the room.
Speaker 6: And that's I take pride in that, Taylor, Yeah, I take pride in that bub But you know why because it's a lot of artists that I've seen get on your bus. I'm gonna do picking with the boys, hopefully today, if they're ready, I'm ready. But I've seen a lot of dudes get on this bus and sing a song they didn't write, they weren't even in the room for It'd be like you memorizing your favorite George Strait song and then going and singing that motherfucker. And to me, that's so disingenuine, right, like there's no spirit.
Speaker 4: Behind, especially if it's a song like save Me where you're talking about battles depression and who you are that then.
Speaker 6: Like people like I would be if my favorite if I found out Tupac didn't write dear Mama, Like how much that would hurt me? Like I believe that song, like I feel it. I want to go sing it to Mama. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like I feel that, And to find out he didn't write it, like I couldn't even believe in the conviction he tried to sing it with. You know, it would hurt my spirit, you know, like so many of these artists don't even write the songs they're singing. But I'll also tell you this, that's the difference between an artist who gets a real fan base and an artist who gets a flash in the pan fan base.
Speaker 3: That's the one where you get to the top and then straight down afterwards.
Speaker 1: How many times have you known a song but not the artist A lot?
Speaker 3: Right, Okay? And then you for the artist disappeared.
Speaker 6: You didn't know because you liked the song, right, but you never knew you never got into the dude's music, right. And then you think about artists like we talked about those legacy acts, kid Rock, Fleetwood Mac the quickest too to think of guns and rows their list of them, right, But kid Rock always reference because if you got into kid rock, ninety percent of the people that got into his music.
Speaker 1: Really got into the wormhole of kid rock. You can.
Speaker 6: First what crazy when the journey of it? Dude, I could sing I've been sitting here just wasting time, drag and slugging, trying to ease my mind right now, and the song came out of ninety six. I can sing it word for word, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, I could literally sing I've been sitting here trying to find myself.
Speaker 3: That's a thing.
Speaker 6: Take some time myself, I need to rewind myself. I could sing that song word for word.
Speaker 3: That came out in the nineties. I went down the I'm a kid rock fan. You know.
Speaker 1: I can name cold and Empty.
Speaker 6: I can name songs of his that never made radio that were just huge songs that, in fact, in my life, none of the Devil without a Cars record made radio, right and we know it, you know that built a cult following, you know.
Speaker 4: To this day, and didn't.
Speaker 3: Somebody I'm on now too, is n F. He's kind of like the kid is.
Speaker 1: Cold, yo. I don't have the plug on him, I'll admit it, but he is local. He is also looking at me.
Speaker 5: Bro should look what he's able to like reach deep down in that just depressive state and continue to talking about especially.
Speaker 3: When you're successful.
Speaker 4: Now, especially when you're said, when you were talking about what you sing about, the first.
Speaker 3: Person that came to mind was n F. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can like listen to his album and like feel what he's going through, and you create those bases, those loyal those loyal audiences that like understand what you're trying to write about.
Speaker 6: And in y'all's world, it's the busting with the boys. Guys, it's the guys in the comment on this video right now, the ones who the tier one on Tier one baby, those dudes that like are writing with you, NF. Jelly Rolls, Artists like that get to create that COT's a lot of Texas. I think he'lling up with the number one song on country radio. But if he don't, that dude is selling out baseball stadiums in Texas. Really, Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think I lost my fucking mind.
Speaker 6: That dude is crazy Texas country as a motherfucker. Cody Johnson was a great example of that. Somebody who built a core following he goes sell to read us. Now he sells out the fucking Houston Rodeo eighty thousand people.
Speaker 4: I think, Yes, that's the biggest one, eighty.
Speaker 6: Thousand people, dude, And that dude's just now starting to break country radio and that one, you know what's cool though, he owns his motherfucking music for him. Listen, man, that dude, I think I'm doing okay, man, that dude's gonna buy an island one day.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 5: I didn't really know about this whole world of like I mean, I knew about it, but then you got like pioneers who are trying to like recreate it. And I've been following, uh, Mike, Mike stud and he's some of that season very much. This podcast is fire?
Speaker 3: Which one is that? Yeah? You never know that one is fired? Yeah.
Speaker 5: The dude who's that lineman that was with Mike Tyson doing that podcast Hop Box, Hop Box and he left and and he came on Mike Studs.
Speaker 3: But what's his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a that's a very insightful podcast.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: I love his music, so like when he was doing the Music Ship, you know, so when they called me to do the King and the Sting record, Oh yo, this is a big shout out y'all.
Speaker 3: Me and Andrew Shoals this coming out Wednesday for real, y'all.
Speaker 6: This Wednesday, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Thursday, whatever it is in April. I don't keep up with it like that. But whatever the day. Yeah, I'm mad at that. Fuck it's always Friday. But whatever Tomorrow and Thursday is in April. After the day, y'all are watching this jelly rolling Andrew Shols are dropping a record.
Speaker 4: Tom listen, man Tanner, You're gonna let it song.
Speaker 3: Dad, will? Have I not sent it to you?
Speaker 6: I said to you, didn't I No, I didn't send it you when I was down there. No, dude, I'm gonna start sending you music. You send me something back. Can you send me something else before you sent that?
Speaker 1: Can I start plugging with music?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, some other some sometimes.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna start. I'm gonna start bothering. He sent me one the other day. That's so crazy, dog the Flower record so crazy. But anyways, me and Shols are doing a song called Opener Up. And it is our assessment of the American need to open her up right now. And it is a country song that I got old New York ass.
Speaker 3: Andrew Shouls singing.
Speaker 6: And I'm rapping on it, and it is a absolute slapper before where y'all sneak out of here.
Speaker 5: You gotta let me play for yeah, absolutely due trying to play it on you can't have him.
Speaker 1: I'll play that motherfucker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure not taking yeah, yeah no, I'll play it on here the ill singers parks my guitar guys outside, you know. Yeah, No, the song is crazy good. That's wild, dude, that's the song is insane. It's so funny and it's so Andrew. It's a you said, King and the Sting album. No, no, no, I did on that album too, though. That's what made me think about Andrew. I should plug that record while i'm album. Yeah, wow, you didn't hear the King of the Sting album. There's a song with jelly Roll, Little Brows and Mike stud it's the Thick Boy Anthem. You'll love it. I'm telling you will be.
Speaker 3: The stomach and said you'll love that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Tell you something, you love that thing?
Speaker 4: Just man, you love it? Hey, you're all about that now.
Speaker 6: It's called Thick Boy Anthem is Jelly Roll, Little Brows, Mike Stood, and it is a fucking baiter, Dude, it is awesome.
Speaker 1: I did the rat King song for the rat King thought of that fucking idea.
Speaker 5: As we take a break on Bustle with the Boys, this episode is brought to you by the one the only Georgia Boot, the world's most comfortable boot. Georgia Boot is America's hardest working boot, and for over eighty years, George has been making boots that work as hard as you do. Jelly, do you have any Georgia boots? Dude, I do, and they are so comfortable. Let me tell you they are tough enough for your job and enough for everything else. Georgia boots make super good looking, super comfortable boots so comfortable you don't want to take them puppies off. The boys love looking good and when we're working, whether Jelly's rapping, whether he's doing some stuff with the music, and we're doing some stuff with football, we like looking good in boots.
Speaker 3: Georgia boots. Specifically, these boots hold.
Speaker 5: Up in any condition without sacrificing any comfort. Jelly tell them how comfortable they are.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, these things are so comfortable.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's the technology or what, but it's got a tech something of some sort of an athletic shoe packed into a great looking boot. It's a great looking boot. They're wildly comfortable at a price that anybody can afford. Every time I wear my boots, which I wor on stage a lot, believe it or not, are.
Speaker 3: People just yelling like you ain't get the boots? Man?
Speaker 1: I'm like dude, Georgia Boot Baby.
Speaker 5: Whether you're working on your feet all day, performing on stage, playing on a football field, working around the house, or grilling out with your friends, Georgia Boots got your back. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and loggers around.
Speaker 3: Whether you need a.
Speaker 5: Waterproof boot, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, met gard, non puncture shank, non slip soule, They've got it all. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off. That's b U S S I M for twenty percent off. Back to this phenomenal episode with the boys and Jelly.
Speaker 3: Roll them.
Speaker 1: All right right, that's awesome, Yeah, I like that man.
Speaker 6: A song on there, they dropped the record of microphone, We dropped the rat King record on there, and that's just Shop Blake.
Speaker 1: It's shop.
Speaker 6: So he found that they did a white rapper competition and this kid, Little Brows won it.
Speaker 1: He's super dope.
Speaker 6: He's the one with the first person doing the hook, and uh, they just kind of built a whole record around him called the King in this thing.
Speaker 3: Damn dude, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Shop Shop and he's always on that man. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he hit me. I was like, dude, it's like the Showl song.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: My music's so somber and serious in tone that I was looking for.
Speaker 6: That's why I wanted to get on here with y'all. Man, I want to fuck it. I want to spend the first ten minutes laughing and make a dickty good. I need that because people, like, I know, I deal, I help people with addictions. I know I help people depressing, but I also want to laugh, man. I want people to know that. You know, it's like the music. Sometimes you'd have this thing like I don't want people to expect me to walk around with my face.
Speaker 3: In the mud.
Speaker 4: Therapy for you too, to be able to laugh, I get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, It's like, man, let me come on here and fucking joke, and you don't have to be serious all the time.
Speaker 3: People are trying to be serious all the time or a joke all time.
Speaker 4: He can pick one once in a while. It's ok to jump jump ship once.
Speaker 6: It's cool to have a dualityde It's the circle of life, man. That's why I think The Grateful Dead said did so well. I tell people you're Grateful Dead.
Speaker 3: Fan by Chain.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Grateful Dead fan, but I know Gary who's missing here today is a huge one.
Speaker 1: Looks like with the Grateful Dead to no, No, there's ship though their merch right, so you'll understand this. Their ship was a skull and a teddy bear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the duality of the Dead, right, That's the brand I wanted to create musically. I want to create something where you could party to it, to cry to it, you know what I'm saying. Like that was always my goal as an artist, you know what I mean, to be able to take it deep either way. So that's what I modeled my entire ship after how The Grateful Dead was so good about like guns and roses, right, you know what I'm saying, Like it shows the two different sides of you. Know, sweet child of mine and the fucking heavier ship, right, you know what I'm saying, the Paradise City ship. You know, it's like to me, that was just what it was about, sweet Chilt of Mounts Harrowsmith by.
Speaker 3: The way, but thank you you're a good man. I am thank you for out fit like that.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't expect any different, right, But it was like the duality of Paradise City and.
Speaker 1: The harder ship.
Speaker 6: You know, absolutely, to me, that's what music's about. That's what podcasting is about. Y'all make motherfuckers laugh and then you dig deep.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, to me, that's the ship the works. Well, that's why we all love Joe Rose. You got Arthur Smithson on the bus one week. In the next week, jelly.
Speaker 1: Roll different, dude. I'm glad I didn't get no comment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Arthur is all about them no comments right now.
Speaker 3: I know he's on a different wave.
Speaker 5: You feel like you had to find your voice after you, like as you were getting going in because when I was looking at some of the stuff, I didn't know you right to like.
Speaker 3: A little white yes, my boy, yeah, you know you.
Speaker 4: Remember a little white back in middle school and low task.
Speaker 3: That sounds like fun.
Speaker 5: That's you if you're a white kid and you were banging a little white back in the day.
Speaker 1: Dude for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like tell me you're in your thirties without telling me you're in your thirties, right right, right, right right, I can't believe. Yeah, that's my boy, man. He was.
Speaker 6: He was signed the three six Mafia. He was the first white guy that hypnotized minds. So I don't know if you're you feeling with three six. Sure, he's the one who signed them first. They signed him first. And this dude gave me my first real opportunity him with a guy named Haystack, and I love little White for this man. He took me on my first tour. You see the split album right there. Yeah, we did No Filter one, No Filter two, and we're working on No Filter three.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 4: So he working all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put out forty four songs last year.
Speaker 3: It seems like you're always like featuring it like working with other artists too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, I just love to I love people, man, I love to connect.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just love to put the docks together. Man.
Speaker 6: I love shooting the ship with people. I just you know, I just love people, man, I just want to work. I just listen, man, God been so good to me, dude. I wasn't supposed to be sitting on the bus y'all. I was like, you know, there's a lot of people that sit on this bus that you're like, no, he ain't supposed to be on the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's a group of people that are gonna comment like, that's my boy right there.
Speaker 6: He shouldn't be on the bus. He's speaking for us right now, you know what I'm saying. I was like, So for me, it's like, man, let's just work.
Speaker 4: It sounds it sounds like you've got it all figured out, man, it's not.
Speaker 3: I mean, it sounds like only you're.
Speaker 4: Doing it all.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you got to figure out, man.
Speaker 4: And having the fan base you do, someone that follows you as tyle as you say they do, is unbelievable. It's also that's more important than, like you said, a flash in the pan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I tell people there's in the music, benns you got.
Speaker 6: A flash in the pan and a full blown fire. And I thank god that I've I feel like I am creating.
Speaker 4: A full blown fire It's never over, is it. It's all it's always it's always a work in progress to do things, whether it's self, work, football, rap music, anything, there's never a finish.
Speaker 6: I really believe that my best songs are in my windshield and not my rear view.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: And if I didn't believe that, y'all, will I quit? I stopped today? The cat right now, sell it for whatever. If I didn't really like in my me and my wife talk about this lot.
Speaker 1: Man, shout out my wife. She's my rock.
Speaker 6: She's helped me, She's changed my whole life. I was dead broke when I met her, and she helped me so much. But I tell her all the time. Man, I I wake up every day and I just if I didn't really believe that my best song wasn't in the in the in the in the windshield, not the rear view, I'd have to quit today. I don't want to be that guy singing saved me in twenty years and that's the only song you know me?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't want to be that guy. I mean, I'm blessed to be here anyways, but I've rerother ride out and play you.
Speaker 4: Don't want to be Sinatra singing my Way in Vegas, twenty years after he.
Speaker 6: Said, I would literally rather wait until y'all started your own podcast and I work quit music, and y'all give me a shout. Yeah, you know, maybe something bigger than a bus, because I'm a big fellow the trailer I like that, trailer park pemping might be. I'm charging right that right now, So when you.
Speaker 4: Come to my ass, all the fucking you'll be waiting for that chat you learned I did.
Speaker 3: We'd be charging the ninety five five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when NFL teams you to people, but I would do.
Speaker 6: It, yeah yeah, sure, yeah, but changed all of our lives though, you know you think about yea, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Hey, you you were bringing up your wife, and it made me think about when I was adding you earlier on Twitter and your latest tweet was just going after some helpless little soul for what did.
Speaker 3: He ask you that he trolls you?
Speaker 4: He said, how do you get a how do you get such a hot wife?
Speaker 3: And fuck what else?
Speaker 6: He had the nerve to say, how do you get such a hot wife? And I'm skinny and have no tattoos?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he was kind of like giving a backhanded company's yeah, yeah, yeah, and I'm still the one that's single, and.
Speaker 6: I just like, dude, it's too only too you talk about Okay, that's where I full disclosure. The two comments that bother me are never about me, right, It's always when they attack my wife.
Speaker 3: Or my daughter. And it's sad that we live in a world where even my daughter gets attacked. Yea, it's so fucked up.
Speaker 6: She's got her braces and she's getting her teeth fixed and people will like be like, what's wrong with your teeth? Like she's fucking twelve, you fucking bitch. You know what I'm saying, What are you talking about? My teeth were fucked at twelve? Saying you know what I'm saying. It's like the fuck out of here, you know what I mean. But it's like, yeah, this is yeah, he said, he said, Uh, how'd you get such a hot wife? I'm twenty six, have no tattoos, and I'm not big like you like dude, listen, man, no matter the waiter, shitty tattoos, I'm confident enough to show myself because once again this dude has like a fucking like picture of like.
Speaker 1: Yo Khan or some ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean, mister, Most girls, I said, most girls don't give a fuck how you look. They care how you make them feel, which I stand by. You know what I mean absolutely, And I don't say hater shit on social media and crying because the fat dude gets the pussy.
Speaker 4: And he don't, you know, given some information at the end, give a little stick in the yea.
Speaker 3: Lady, but also the fucking yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's almost like dude. Just listen, man. They call my wife a gold digger. I was ass.
Speaker 3: Broke when I met her.
Speaker 6: Man, when I met that bitch, I was down on my luck. I'm telling y'all, dude, I didn't know you must had some dude. Dude, listen, man, I was just me.
Speaker 3: Put the boys on game. Now, I got one, just just puky thought, but you know, just enough to slide in there, you know it.
Speaker 1: Just enough to But she she thought I was an asshole because I was kind of stiff.
Speaker 6: I was also addicted to fucking coating. Of course I was an asshole. I answered question four minutes later. I looked like I'd be like hey, jelly, three minutes I'd be like suh but it's like she just seen potential man and she she she calls me, I was like her little fixer up project. Yeah, and she had money, she had a house.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was count serving before she let me slide in the bedroom. You know. Yeah. I got one night in that bedroom, baby, and never got off.
Speaker 6: I wrote that the town town, I wrote that pony of the town. Ye how but yeah, no, it just worked. Man, that's what they call her gold. That makes me a little mad because it's just like it's just.
Speaker 5: That hater ship, low hanging fruit type ship.
Speaker 6: Its low hangers, Like, dude, come on, man, cause you think like and also I'm insulted, like you think a big dude like couldn't pull a girl that looks like that. Like listen, man, my wife would be the first one to tell you I didn't date ugly girls before her, you know, like, I've always been kind of a I wasn't like the smell. Have you ever heard my fat people rants on TikTok. I wasn't like the fat dude that like smelled his ear wax and wore a Batman shirt with his stomach showing. I wasn't the fat dude on the scooter in Walmart. I was a different breed, a fat person, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I'm fat, but yeah, like I'll get day drunk and go golf with you. I can do everything but ride a roller coaster, you know what I'm saying. And I would really like to. They just haven't made one. I can squeeze it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, But it's many. If you tried to go to a roast.
Speaker 6: I tried to get on the thing to get the ring of fire one time. Sure, and man I was smaller. Man, it just couldn't work. I felt like Bowser on Mario card Doc when that thing was coming down.
Speaker 3: I was all hunched over, my legs were stuck in.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was just they could have got it to click, but it would have been the most miserable five minutes of my life.
Speaker 3: That's a long ass roller coaster, I think. Yeah, I don't know, I feel that clicking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're in one.
Speaker 3: Understand you're going for a fight.
Speaker 1: I'd love to ride, boy, Yeah, but it's like pretty much everything else. You know, as a big dude, I can do, you.
Speaker 4: Know, roller coasters and commercial flights just suck.
Speaker 6: It's gotta be like first class. And even then it's a little pressure, you know what I see. I gotta kind of get in there with you.
Speaker 4: Sell that, you sell that catalog you be playing on a six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you pick up all the plane you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, as long. But I just gotta be careful not to go broken. How many years is it.
Speaker 3: Years? Three to five years?
Speaker 6: I gotta be careful not to take enough commercial flights that I go broke that fans. Listen, y'all, we're gonna we're gonna stop this thing one more time, which is probably the greatest podcast of Busting with the Boys history feature myself to tell y'all about our friends. Listen, y'all. Look, there's no one out there that's perfect. Even the best baseball players strike out when the bases are loaded. The best golfers sometimes three putting a tournament on the line. So if you feel like you're coming up short in the bedroom, no pun intended, that is perfectly okay. But if it's bothering you, there are options. What are these options?
Speaker 5: Will First, you're gonna go to get Roman dot com slash bussing now, and with Roman you can get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for ED, all from the comfort and privacy of your own home. A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan and if medication is appropriate, it ships to you free with two day shipping. The whole process is straightforward in discreete. Getting started is simple. Just go to get Roman dot com slash bussing and complete an online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving home. Complete an online visit today to connect with a doctor and they will take care of it.
Speaker 6: So you can go to get Roman dot com slash busting now to get fifteen dollars off your first order of ED treatment. And that's b U s SI N. Once again, it's Roman dot com slash busting. Look, they're straightforward way to take care of your ED. Get Roman dot com slash bus that'll do it for you. Bubba, what's a roller coaster like for you?
Speaker 3: You're not fat, but you're a mountain of a mountain, tall man. It's really about the decapitation. I'm worried about not the the weight.
Speaker 1: But like what about the ones with the cage, because that's what the ring of fire was. It had the cage over.
Speaker 4: The I had a cage over the top of you.
Speaker 3: I'm in it. Then that's the problem. I love roll cage over the top. It was like a cage, you know, the one you get in. It's like a cage. This sounds like a carnival. We'll pull it.
Speaker 6: Up because I can't ride roller coaster.
Speaker 1: I've never like been there.
Speaker 3: Six flags.
Speaker 1: Walk all my homies to the gate here see to get back.
Speaker 4: I tell you what you need to do.
Speaker 5: It needs to be the fattiest line and a theme park for fat people. Imagine going around that people. Can you imagine creating a theme park?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it. And that's the one I picked to get on. Now that I look at it, what a bad choice.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna imagine riding that for five minutes. That'd be after a minute half.
Speaker 4: Like, do we get the funk off this?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was like forty five to two Mant's tops.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fucking wild.
Speaker 6: I was tripping ass of the night when it was at the Tennessee State Fair, and I was just tripping hard enough to be like I want to get on this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got that for me.
Speaker 4: The uh there's one at uh the one we just Hey, what's what's the one we went to? Uh in in Disney World, the Universal. No, it was a small one. It was like a space mountain, the Space Mountain. That motherfucker, dude, I saw I there those a few times. I would just I sallied this entire ride, waiting for it to be over. It was so it was the ceiling was so low.
Speaker 3: It was one of those indoors, I thought.
Speaker 4: And people have gotten to capitated before, people have fucking died on the space mountain or whatever. Yeah, so it was on space mountain.
Speaker 3: I think, look it up.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I'm all about being wrong, but yeah, yeah, you little.
Speaker 3: Die on that way.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. But yeah, roller coach, I'm all about that, dude. I'm all about this.
Speaker 3: The stomach going on feeling in.
Speaker 1: The list of things I miss as a fat person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd love to do a roller because I don't have no fear of them, like I jump off cliffs and ship.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 6: When we go to the lake, sure, because like when we're on tour we have a day off, we'll go find a lake somewhere and rin a boat and take the whole tour crew out and go find a cliff and jump off of.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, trip acid or shrooms or something, the usual stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, casual.
Speaker 4: It's the fucking thing.
Speaker 1: So my fucking way, my hair is touching the top of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is fucking Could you imagine taking it and then you're dark on acid?
Speaker 3: What a trip that?
Speaker 6: Or just even like a thousand milligrams vetibles that would be one thousand two zeros.
Speaker 4: You take two zeros.
Speaker 6: It's anything over five hundred milligram that I start to get weird.
Speaker 3: Bro, listen le.
Speaker 4: By yourself, however, Yeah, I've heard you take ten and get fucked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, dude, listen, sitting there, you get the Stephen high. I took a smooth hundred on the way and I feel pretty nice. I drank a couple of shots at Keelan started feeling like, all right, I'm on the fucking bus with the boys and your other boys in the drink.
Speaker 3: And y'alls athletic absence. There you go. I like that, you did it? What is it? What does it say?
Speaker 4: That's the Yeah, yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: They just had a heart attack.
Speaker 3: But that that.
Speaker 4: Place is so much fun, dude. You get to go to Universal you can pay this fee and have like a like a chauffeur take you and the person that knows all about the rise and everything, and you basically tour. We had every single parking one day and wrote everybody we wanted to really had time for doubles too. Holy, that's how fast you go through stuff?
Speaker 1: Is you like faster than the fast track?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You take a van up to the back of the ride and then you go an elevator and you're in it and they stopped to people leo you just quick and then you fucking go right in front of him and you're like, hey, that's awesome, and then all of a sudden, you I like to write that again.
Speaker 3: I'll take you.
Speaker 5: Right back to have to do seven hours ten hours saying it's ten hours, but it really wasn't like if you had a group, if you had like a twenty five hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really not Sorry, it's up to ten people and it's for the day, so by ten and whatever the fuck that is right right right? Two fifty per person.
Speaker 3: Thank you, you get a little groove, dude. That's no, that's bro, that's not bad.
Speaker 4: We had every single ride in Disney World geez, every single as a crew.
Speaker 3: Taylor with the Taylor went to me with the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's fucking yeah. It was right.
Speaker 3: It was very It was very nice for him to do that. I went to the Pro Bowl. I took Taylor with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was there.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 4: We were both there. Will said come with me, and so I went. That's how it works. It's fucking it's rad, dude. We we did twer of Terror six times.
Speaker 1: Now we're logging to make it an under the hood when I get skinny enough.
Speaker 4: He's a huge fan of the under the hoods, telling me that.
Speaker 6: Before I think, I think like I should do three of them a week. Yeah, I think you should incorporated in like regular life.
Speaker 3: I can't at your video team was like, fuck you, Patty, We're not doing no more of those.
Speaker 4: I can feel like Will just feeling, Hey, it's me, all right, it's Wednesday. Let me make it a shoutouts anyway, going to the bus now like you times the other day with the boys, right, you said what you've logged the other day with the boys?
Speaker 1: Right, y'all?
Speaker 3: Golfing and ship No.
Speaker 5: I just posted it on my story. We should have had it. Yeah, we should be doing that. Man, you're missing the mark.
Speaker 3: I know that ship would have been dope, definitely with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I think that ship is fucking great, so genuine, and it's like it's like the people like listen, man, it's personal, Like this is personal because y'all like are really open, but it's like that ship is totally different. When I seen you out there tinkering with the fucking generator, I almost pissed myself.
Speaker 4: He probably did that two times. They made Jack do it, yeah, but it was it was like jacking.
Speaker 6: But it was just funny, like Heroes is fucking these two professional athletes like.
Speaker 3: Like a ship and the hood. I wasn't. I watched you and I watched the same video laugh.
Speaker 6: And they're like trying to fucking start a generator. Yeah, And I'd been here by then, so I was like, I've been there before. They really do have a generator.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 6: When I sat down earlier, they were like, I was like, yo, man, you think the seats big guy friendly? He was like, maybe not the bus, but the seat for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was like, this bus is once sneeze away from going Oh no, for sure, but we love it.
Speaker 3: We love it. Ud I just wish I brought you all a sticker. I brought you a record.
Speaker 1: You put the record up.
Speaker 4: Here's the best here's the best thing about not bringing something this time is we live in the same city. Yeah, you have Will's number, and if you'd like to ask nicely, you can have mine too.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, listen, thank you very welcome, police, sir. I love the dig down Dallas stickers, probably.
Speaker 5: Saying one of the pickens and then send us a bunch of stickers.
Speaker 3: Three more. Yeah, tag team in Tennessee's right back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, No, dude, that dude and figured it out. He released that record independently for him. Mah, we smile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have no clue. I know how implications of that. So I'm like that motherfucker go you motherfucker makes some money.
Speaker 6: Yes, baby, he deserved it instead of making somebody else in mind that don't need it. Let him get it, dude, see him sell out Marathon was like, dude, I just watched you sing that song at Live Oak on the Mumbren.
Speaker 1: Street for like seventy five people a month and a half ago, and it's kind of like that fast you're selling out Marathon dude, he was, do you know what I tell people? You know this?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 6: That song was a big song in Nashville, like before they recorded and put it out, like the song was popping. People loved and they thought it was hilarious, like like they requested on Like it's like they played Dick down in Dallas and the song wasn't even out. That's how you know you've got a big record.
Speaker 3: That's killer, That's a great song.
Speaker 4: I remember doing the pot and the guy's being like, this song is number one right now and country music, and.
Speaker 3: We played it. I was like, that's the funniest shit I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 4: I'm on the streets like that, you know what I'm saying, bumbering all the time. But I liked it when I heard it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just because where we record as right down the streets, so it's always where we go get our lunch hit.
Speaker 3: Are you still on clubhouse?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: A little bit, I'm on there. It's like it's kind of phased out.
Speaker 1: It was as quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking it probably face.
Speaker 1: While it was there. I definitely rode that pony as far as I could.
Speaker 5: I got on there that one times you yo, hey, talk about casual Tuesday. It was probably like ten at night and I'm in my bed and I, uh, somebody had invited me, like send me a clubhouse link. So I click on it. It talks about like making the profile, and I hit yes and stuff, and so I'm sitting on clubhouse. I'm like, let's see what this is about. So I get on clubhouse and I'm in this room. It says welcome well the clubhouse, and there's people in it. Jelly rolls one of them. He starts like, welcome me to clubhouse. And I'm just sitting there frozen, frozen. You're like, I don't want to take it like this, yeah, and I don't want to talk on this thing. But it was like for me to talk on oh, and that was when I first got introduced the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Jelly hits me. Yeah, Jelly hits me.
Speaker 5: He's you know, you're supposed to talk on these things because it's him and these just different guys, like from different parts of the country just talking about me. Basically, I call you know, you do good at this, and hey, will you're gonna you know, you're gonna say something like we're just trying to say what's up?
Speaker 3: And I'm just.
Speaker 6: Sitting there like listening, and I was like, I'm gonna leave there, like seven strangers at no will.
Speaker 1: Talking is having is welcome to clubhouse? Boom hey, Just like what do you text him?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you know what you're doing?
Speaker 6: Like you know you're supposed to like talk on this is like you're coming out party, yeah, and we're supposed to explain to you how to use the app. You would crush on that app. I still get on. I met like the publishers company wind Up Hired and I met one of their people on there.
Speaker 1: I met a bunch of people.
Speaker 5: It seemed like that little part that those you know, those few weeks, like people were really hot on it, like you can get in some good like groups and just kind of listening.
Speaker 3: To they come down. They're finn to open her up.
Speaker 4: They're finn to open her up, baby, tameless baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So what's happening is people are getting away from the phones and they're ready to open her up again.
Speaker 1: Song the world is shifting Dog, We're gonna open her up baby. It's happening right now.
Speaker 6: We're opening her up and the people are getting away from all that stuff you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, go check out the song. It's Wednesday. Go right after this.
Speaker 4: Episode where he releases Tomorroway, it releases tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But when we're got Wednesday, people are watching us in the.
Speaker 4: Premiere finish up.
Speaker 3: Go check out my man's song. Stories are busting with the boys. Story will post it.
Speaker 1: Jelly Roll Andrew Sholes open her up, baby, it is time.
Speaker 3: Hey hey, Jelly, appreciate you coming on. Boss. You guys know what to do.
Speaker 5: Subscribe if I started, leave the comments, drop all the fun little comments.
Speaker 3: Tie like father Lauwana asks you tie, do your tithing.
Speaker 5: Go to our merch store, Barstool Sports, find our brand, bustle with the boys, and buy up the merchant.
Speaker 1: Tithe Shout out to the whiskey jam Hat battle Way.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: It's a solid before the boys had I've seen one but didn't want to steal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, probably one of ours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sweated.
Speaker 4: Lyrics.
Speaker 3: Now it's yours. Yes, because we read our comments. We had to cover something up back there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so shout out, shout out, because that's the only thing y'all say that's not just chubby clothes is the slides and we can give us out y'all slides.
Speaker 1: Sold out, really do? They sold out like Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 4: You just we had a couple of things coming on the horizon that are going to be like this fit.
Speaker 3: You're gonna yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's go in on Patty because Chub.
Speaker 3: Don't get me, don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: On and off the field, man, this is pretty Get your brother great, we'll talk about yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's doing great though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love you brother, thank you, Love you to bro.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: We just love love you to each other too.