Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and give us time and a termino and Gaby aid.
Speaker 4: We want to send you off InStyle.
Speaker 3: You want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about.
Speaker 5: Every scared he was? It fine? Now porn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need ride? Right with Karen and Chris, we're ready welcome to do you need a ride? My name is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 5: My name's Karen Colgariff.
Speaker 4: Today we are picking up the terrific and hilarious, wonderful Jamie Lee.
Speaker 5: Jamie Lee, you know here from MTV's Girl Code. You know her from what.
Speaker 4: Else she wrote with you on something called the Pete Home.
Speaker 5: You know her from the Petere Holmes Show.
Speaker 4: I thought that would have been the first thing you would have remembered having been in an office with her.
Speaker 5: We know her from my close friendship with her that will last for a lifetime.
Speaker 4: And it's weird that you mentioned that.
Speaker 5: Third, it's weird that I that I somehow didn't know anything about her at all past girl code, which I've never seen before. But here is great.
Speaker 4: We'll turn left there. Oh no, no, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 5: I'll do the sloop around.
Speaker 4: Maybe there will be a little bit, you know, if you ever explored this.
Speaker 5: What let's be positive about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do a loop around. Okay, I'm adjusting the levels.
Speaker 5: We're already everybody. I'm just gonna update car. This is I'm gonna give everybody like the car tone. We're already late to pick up Jamie. I've texted her to say we're gonna be a little bit late. She of course texted back, I don't care. We landed early. It's no big deal because that's what she's like, being my closest friend.
Speaker 2: But you know that adds a little tension.
Speaker 4: But we do know that deep down she's upside with us. Of course, of course, she.
Speaker 5: Don't want to fly back from like Ohio or whatever and then just wait in that you know, in that area.
Speaker 4: Curbside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, curb side's the best way to describe it.
Speaker 4: Curbside's the best side. That's what they say in the rap game.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 4: No, I think it's either west side or the east side, the best side, or the coast with the most I think, because.
Speaker 5: You're thinking of coast one three point five, I am.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of easy listening music, not the hardcore hip hop that I originally thought I was referencing.
Speaker 2: That's I'm glad. I'm here to make sure you know what you're thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we're here to pull over so I can ask that lady if I can have her pants kind of a Zuba's. I don't know if you remember Zuba's colon dare to be different, but a lot of pro wrestlers were them leisurely, of course, not in the ring.
Speaker 5: It rat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's zebra stripes. They're very tapered and have kind of a mc hammer baggy bathing suit area. Okay, a lot of people call those pants if they're elderly seven day shitters. There name one person, I think one old man said that to me once. Why don't you pull up your seven day shitters?
Speaker 5: Because I and that means you could shoot in them for seven days and.
Speaker 2: No one would notice.
Speaker 4: If I was an old man and I saw, yeah, exactly fill up. Yeah, And that is their purpose, according to this guy, because why else not because of fashion. Would you want your pants sagging past your ass? Which I used to have pants so big that they covered my shoes, and in your rave days they were It was a skateboarder style for a little while, and then the Ravers took it over with with their Jenco jeans I see, which of course had a embroidered clown holding a spray paint can on the back pocket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, show that you were down with the clown? Was that the point of.
Speaker 4: Those was to show that I was down with the sickness?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I see had illness?
Speaker 4: You've never heard no that song down with the Sickness?
Speaker 2: And who's that Seven Events Soul?
Speaker 4: It might be seven Avengefold five, it might be three Dog Night Doors Down. I'm sorry, Third Eye Blind in three Miracles. Yes, Once the Ravers started wearing baggy pants, that's when skateboarders tightened it up, as we.
Speaker 5: Say, just to get away, to make sure that people knew because skateboarders are very sensitive. I remember when this new trend of everybody being really skinny started up, and there was just recently, yeah, in the last what five years, just like really emaciated.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like a hip look and.
Speaker 5: One of the skateboarders that I knew called the people that were getting skinny h it goes straight, Okay, weight conscious wheenies, which I just found so charming.
Speaker 4: This guy sounds like a big, mean football jock making fun of skateboarders.
Speaker 5: No, he was like make from the youngsters that were like needed to be thinn basically those I feel bad. It's the millennial generation. They're all addicted to adderall. Yeah, and they're vegans and stuff.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of what have you taken adderall? I've never functioned higher? Oh for real, I think I require it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I've never had it. I would love to take it, but I can't because of my caesars. Oh okay, I would love to take anything. I mean, it really seems like the answer.
Speaker 4: It's like it really is.
Speaker 5: You make a shit ton of viral videos and you weigh ninety eight pounds.
Speaker 4: It's everyone's dream, and the viral videos come right along with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just come out of you like the art that they are.
Speaker 4: Oh why are we not making? Why are we not Why isn't this a YouTube viral podcast? It will be, It will be one day, It will be when we get used to cameras being on the hood, but it was just too scary. Look, we're gonna take a left up here.
Speaker 5: We just need to take it a step at a time. Maybe, can't we reatroduce cameras in episode twenty five? Can we start before we fucking finish?
Speaker 4: One step, one day at a time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Step by Step twelve of them and other AA bumper stickers.
Speaker 5: Step by Step is also a sitcom. Oh, people find very therapeutic. Yeah, when you're addicted to things.
Speaker 4: I never did a step by step, never struck a chord with me.
Speaker 5: Is that the all thick one?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, but I'm waiting for his pedophile little outbreak? Pedophile outbreak?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the scourge of pedophilia that's running through all those early eighties dads.
Speaker 4: Who would have seen it? With the guy from Seventh Heaven, he played a preacher, and I mean, I don't want to make some catholic joke, but it sounds like he took his work home with him.
Speaker 5: Oh no, God, you can always tell their pedophiles if they're wearing glasses that Diane Keaton would wear. That's how you know, stay keep your child away from that man's hands.
Speaker 2: It's important to look for those signs.
Speaker 4: And any man's hand hands who have soft, soft, supple hands and.
Speaker 5: A clear varnish on their nails.
Speaker 4: I can just tell by looking at a man's fingernails his sexual history. Really we'll go straight, Okay.
Speaker 1: Is there a choice?
Speaker 5: Then I would go down in my little area that.
Speaker 4: It's a very attractive ton right there.
Speaker 5: There's just some some large swamps on the right. Chris thought I was going to try to you know.
Speaker 4: It's actually a protected area. There's there's birds, a sanctuary for birds.
Speaker 1: I believe I'm not making he missed my dad so much.
Speaker 4: Right now, right now, I mean, Oh, look at that cat's grass.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: There is some beautiful cat grass.
Speaker 5: Now, listen to city just cording it all off.
Speaker 2: You can't go out there, it's illegal.
Speaker 5: You arrest you.
Speaker 4: Well, that's ridiculous. How are we to appreciate?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that a yellow belly small tail swan? Okay, pull over, I have to take a picture of that. Oh, look at that pair of zubas there to be different.
Speaker 5: It is where all the wild zubas go after they were released in the nineteen nights.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're talking about the swallow feathered zuba. Yeah, yeah, this beautiful beird. You know what, there's no fire there. We know you're just pulling over, Willy Nelly. All you have to do is lay down cones because you work for the city.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're just tired and you want to take it now.
Speaker 4: He is napping, or maybe they climbed up that hill and they're putting out here's an actual fire.
Speaker 5: The guys there was a fire truck just pulled over, as Chris said, willy Nilly in the road.
Speaker 4: And I don't bring out that kind of cursing often, but it made me upset. And I'm not talking smack about fireman. We all know I have a brother in law who's a fireman.
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone knows. It's common knowledge.
Speaker 4: It is common. No, well, not even people that know me really know that. But he's a good man.
Speaker 2: And we can google it if you want to know it.
Speaker 4: Did I tell you about the time my brother in law, who's a fireman, was at a wedding in Olympia, Washington, and one of the FOO fighters was there, not Taylor Hawkins or Dave Grohl, but the third guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, and he wuyat he's the bags player that looks like he's the guy he would start his own store filled with.
Speaker 4: Succulent He does look like a succulent store owner.
Speaker 1: He's like a little.
Speaker 5: Quiet guy that you're like, dude, you're rocking harder than anybody right now, and you look like you're you're just sitting around thinking about the next plaid shirt you're gonna wear.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, kind of a bookstore vibe in his face, but he but independently not all yeah, not a Ma and Pa bookstore. Yeah, that kind of face. So, now that you haven't perfectly pictured, my brother in law walked up to him and said, hey, so I'm a firefighter and you're a food fighter. And then he went to take a sip of his drink and the straw lodged up his nostril so far that when he pulled it out, it just started bleeding. And the food fighter went and grabbed some nap He was like Jesus Christ did, grabbed some napkins and like basically did first response a mt on my yeah, just lift you. I know how to do that. Oh god, this is embarrassing. Thank you food fighter, sir.
Speaker 5: You really are fighting food every day. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of a funny story.
Speaker 5: I feel like, who's your favorite food fighter? I feel like, uh, my favorite Mike be Taylor Hawkins because he do you have.
Speaker 4: His solo work?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Because I do? Do you love it? It's not bad. The drumming is the best part.
Speaker 2: Well it's not what he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he sings on a tune. He's got a pair of pipes or a set of pipes. Sound how many pipe singers have, but he has all of them.
Speaker 2: Sounds like more than two.
Speaker 4: They're in decent working order. It sounds a good three or four pipe system.
Speaker 5: I just like the way he kind of looks like a boy that got left after school for all of his life.
Speaker 4: He really does. He's a little blonde haired son of a surfer man who never gave him attention and just left him outside school with missus.
Speaker 5: Some drums and then got a rock career. But other than that, he's been essentially abandoned. He's like a latchkey kid that lost his key.
Speaker 4: I'd like to thank my dad for this MTV Music Award for ignoring me.
Speaker 2: Where the fuck are your dad?
Speaker 1: I need a.
Speaker 5: Ride home from band.
Speaker 4: These drums don't give hugs. He says, but these drugs do for a fault, and he just embraces a large cocaine filled mannequin.
Speaker 5: Oh, I want one of those.
Speaker 4: I the other day, have you done this where you walk? Yeah? Yep, that's all I was gonna say. The other day, have you done this?
Speaker 5: Co Oh my god, that's such a good joke.
Speaker 2: That's such a that's.
Speaker 4: We just we recorded it. Consider this my new album.
Speaker 5: But I what about mine?
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it too.
Speaker 4: You have your You have to have your own joke. Do you think you can't just have Oh, it's your album too. Okay, you're the one that pointed it out being a joke, right lane, Please.
Speaker 2: Know what were you really going to say?
Speaker 4: Oh? I was at a mall and I my gaze was caught by what I thought was a busty lady and it was a mannequin. And I continued to check out a mannequin, and a young girl caught me checking out a busty mannequin.
Speaker 2: Yes, how young would the you say?
Speaker 4: The girl? Oh? Way too young to see some creepy man. Thank god I didn't have my mustache looking at a she was like fifteen. She's like gross, that guy, my dad's age is totally looking at that mannequin side bed.
Speaker 5: Now the image I have in my mind is you like circling a mannequin and smiling and nodding.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, lady, like just just leering.
Speaker 1: That's the funniest.
Speaker 4: Time I was. I was like, oh huh, even though I know you're a mannequin. Now, what's up lady?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: And how are you?
Speaker 4: I am? We both just simultaneously put on our sunglasses straight into this like men in Black three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we would be good in a picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should be in a Buddy Cup film. Yeah, picture, moving picture show. So we will be picking her up in rivals and.
Speaker 5: We'll be putting Buddycop picture on our vision board.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have to put it on sixteen.
Speaker 2: Let's give us ourselves some time.
Speaker 4: It's at least on hold for during this podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't do it.
Speaker 4: We don't have time to write up a script and shoot some preparatory scenes. I think that's how you pitch a movie.
Speaker 2: Here are four preparatory scenes. One's funny and one's sad.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have prepared them for you. Enjoy. And then a screen comes down, and then it gets stuck and then I'm like, Karen, I thought you lubed the screen, and.
Speaker 5: Then I start passing out hard copies of the preparatory.
Speaker 4: Just watch these at home, I guess meeting adjourned. We hope to see you at Men in Black four, starring Chris and Carrott.
Speaker 2: Men in Black no special effects.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's some claimation. I would like there to be some claymation. I like stop motion animation.
Speaker 5: That would be cool.
Speaker 4: So we are picking up Jamie Lee here at Lax and what does a lot do you know what? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she doesn't.
Speaker 4: It hardens a person.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll see.
Speaker 2: She's like an old pirate, really changed.
Speaker 4: She's changed a.
Speaker 2: Lot from the last time you talk to her.
Speaker 5: Delta gets you there.
Speaker 4: They get you there with care. Huh remember that used to be there. A good song gets you there, and then that little kid's.
Speaker 1: Face, we get you yeah, with care.
Speaker 4: That's not true. I'm not hey. If you need me to have every anything, uh, some memory other than our English language, which clearly i've got down pack.
Speaker 5: It's it always starts around P two A in Lax your words starts to failure.
Speaker 4: It's something about this airport makes me lose my mind. I think we know, uh no, continue doing what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I cut through last time when I went to get you and it went too far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a dangerous business.
Speaker 5: It's it really is unsafe emotionally and physically.
Speaker 4: Yep. We like to keep our bodies mentally clean and our apartments. Boy, I got in kind of a fight with my roommates today. Well it was my fault. Well it's both our faults, and I wanted him to see his side of it. I you know, I put a half a burrito in the toaster oven. I put it on the high and I was waiting and then I was like, I need to get a coffee. So I walked down to the beach and by the time I got there, I'm like, oh my god, I left a burrito in the oven.
Speaker 5: For alarm fire, and.
Speaker 4: It certainly was smoky. When I got home, I turned it off it, you know, I let it cool off, and then I took it out, and the pan, of course was cool to the touch. But I guess in during that he had put a you know, one of those grocery bags that isn't a paper bag, the kind that you know, the reused recycle We rebuild our planet bags and like kind of hemp, but obviously had some plastic in it, which kind of defeats the purpose because it melted to the top of the toaster oven like an omelet. And so we're gonna clean here. Oh we can't. Oh, I guess right in front of this parking fly we should be able to drive and wild. Let's just stay behind old yellow here. Oh yeah, we're keeking. Hey, why don't you take your I got your airport express center righty? H okay, good? Anyway, so I want him to see, well, I didn't leave the bag up there. Isn't that what actually melted and caused the prow Yes, I made the thing get hot, but I just I just said, if the roles were reversed, wouldn't I be in trouble for leaving that bag up here? And he said maybe you're right, and then we kind of hugged, you know, yeah, we care about each other's feelings. I don't see her, but hopefully she's Oh I think I do see her.
Speaker 2: Is she charging her phone inside?
Speaker 4: Not this person that I'm staring at, But there's another person in front of her. And then these guys who both played bass and who are Who's stretches that much?
Speaker 5: You don't stretch right there?
Speaker 4: Okay, she sees us.
Speaker 2: We're by five? She was she said she was inside, uh, charging her phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well five is kind of a large area.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, is there anything else?
Speaker 4: We are by the walkway, We're by the band. We're by the escalator and the walkway. We are by the band.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take my thing off and just see if I can see her.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'll hold it and then I will reapply it. I will talk amongst myself while you're gone, which is ah, but she's calling from nineteen eighty seven. Hello, let's a joke about the ring.
Speaker 2: Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Chose to get hi?
Speaker 2: We're down by number five.
Speaker 4: Kind of a funny joke because it was like a rotary phone ring, which, oh you know, it's nest out for me. Oh makes me.
Speaker 2: Think we're by a smart MASR. There's right in front of me. So you can't see us the car because she put your hand out the window, would you?
Speaker 4: Okay, I will do that. I see her. She's wearing PEP. There she is, there, she is. I'm waving at her now I'm just waving at other people. There she is. At first I was waving at her, and then I waved another hi, and oh hi, Hi there hop on in if you don't mind bringing your baggage with you, I mean you're not. It is the tiniest. That is the tiniest. Hi. Hi Jamie Lee. That bag is so small it looks like it's luggage made for going under the seat. Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: I am always like a little proud when I put it up over like with no problem, and it always fits no matter how much stuff is in there.
Speaker 5: Just there and then sit down really fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just kind of breathe and kick my heels back. Yeah. Everyone like people comment on their like that is the smallest suitcase, and like thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm going to pretend that was about something.
Speaker 1: My body.
Speaker 4: Where were you, Jamie?
Speaker 1: Where was I?
Speaker 4: Where haven't you been?
Speaker 1: Hold on? I was in Philadelphia, Liam. I did it. No, I did a college. I did Widener University, Okay, which I did not know the university.
Speaker 2: Sall.
Speaker 1: It's pretty small. It's like two thousand students and it's literally next to the airport, which I was super into because that way I did not have to wake up betterly today.
Speaker 5: That's good. Is an airport.
Speaker 1: School, it's airport college. You can made and like being stressed out, hating everything. Yeah, snacks, yeah it h It was so I basically it was their homecoming weekend and so they were like just the heads up, it's not just students, it's parents too, And I was like, great, I'm sure they're gonna love when I talk about like, oh girl code stuff there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and the weird thing is I was like, you know, they really, do you have any requests about like you know, the stage or lighting or everything. I was like, you know, just so just leave it. Just don't make it so black that I can't see faces, because that's always like weird, like sort of meltdown lighting to me, not meltdown like the theater, like melt like having a brand downing, Like it just feels like I'm about to perform like a one woman show and cry. So I was like, please don't do that. They're like, okay, no problem. They left it completely up so I just could see everyone and it was just like, yeah, it was such a great auditorium that I asked. I asked for it, but not.
Speaker 4: To that ar you didn't say so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, just not Pitch black, and he was like, oh, you mean daytime I performed in that and I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry straightway right, Yeah, okay, great, okay, we like we talk logistics. That's part of the podcast.
Speaker 1: We talked traffic where people love the street.
Speaker 4: How was it sitting in the air for end up being fun?
Speaker 5: Were you the Homecoming Queen?
Speaker 1: It was yeah, so that I was like, so I go at the top of the show, I'm like, just trying to relate. I'm like, hey, guys, homecoming weekend. Silence, not like a smattering like silence. And then I go, you guys won. I found out they won. They won, Yeah, they won the football game, and so I was like, wow, you guys won nothing. And I was like, oh, okay, I guess like you guys really don't give a shit because you're Division three. And they started laughing and I was like, all right.
Speaker 4: The Division three, Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. But I thought Division three, you know, I thought college you care about sports, and college I do go there.
Speaker 4: You'd go there if you would think those would at least be their only fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But they didn't even cheer like they have no school pride. It was pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you were in the room with a bunch in there. Maybe they were an academic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. The guy who drove the hotel shuttle, so who he drove me from the hotel to the airport this morning. He was like, those are the most well behaved student. This is unprompted, He's like, that is the most well behaved student body. They stated our hotel, they occupied the entire fourth floor one week and we didn't even know they were here.
Speaker 4: The one thing I noticed in the hotel there was no laughing.
Speaker 2: Are like seventh Day at Ventist or something, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, it's not a religious school. I was like no, because I was like, well, what, like, what are the big majors here? I always ask these questions when I do colleges, just so I have like a jumping off point in case we don't connect on any other level. And yeah do I go like, I'm like, okay, so what are the big majors here? And he literally was like, I'm nursing, psychology, bio, like just everything. Yeah, livery side one of sports management was another one. I was like, oh, Okay, so everything.
Speaker 4: Here study because this is a snooze.
Speaker 5: Fan a lot of depression. College money is so good. Who cares what they how they react right at.
Speaker 1: The end of the day. And yes, and it's a weird thing because you don't want to rely on that and you don't want to rest on that. But there is a part of you that's like, no matter how bad this goes, I can like pay my rent for a while. And that's amazing because it's so weird that there's no it has no connection to how well you do. It's just like a flat fee and it's arranged upfront and there's nothing that can change that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you would have to keep telling yourself that when you end up at one of those shows that's just daytime in a cafeteria, yes, which I've done, and but then I'll other ones are great and they're in a theater and it's like, oh my god, this is the comedy concert of the century.
Speaker 1: The worst part about doing a college in my opinion, is just there's a lot of like loneliness if you're not traveling with friends, because you're usually i mean, sometimes you're in major cities, but a lot of the time you're in the middle of nowhere and you're alone and it took you forever to get there.
Speaker 5: Yes, especially if you have to drive the rental car.
Speaker 1: Yes, which I've done. I've done it like three in the morning and like almost fallen asleep at the wheel, like it's been a whole thing.
Speaker 5: And weird crazy backroads. Yeah, you're like in this. When I did it, it was in the nineties, so like literally reading a map, like pre Internet, reading a paper map, driving the back roads of upstate New York in snow.
Speaker 1: Current equivalent to that is you're in some place so remote that your cell phone just doesn't work, so you don't have GPS because you declined the GPS because you're like, oh, I have it on my phone, and then you don't have it on your phone and you kind of just have to like remember the way you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you. We're really doomed without our phones. When I've been lost and my phone dies and it's like, well, I might as well drive to the wearsteria and get out and get niked, because for real, where is the nearest shallow grave And I'm driving myself into it and your pushiest citizen alstand.
Speaker 1: Me, it's over for me.
Speaker 5: Wow, I used to That's so funny because when I started, but when I used to do colleges, I always had the hugest dread. I just assumed it was going to be awful.
Speaker 2: It's like, they don't want to hear from me.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want to hang out with a bunch of nineteen year olds that think they know everything, like all all things bad. And then of course every time I would be pleasantly surprised because I would be driving there with like this, you know, horrible dread. Yeah, and then it actually there's always either if the show doesn't go well, there's people on the student committee or whatever, the people that got you there that are all excited to see you, right, like there's always something kind of great about it, you know, Yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Young and they are still excited about that.
Speaker 1: The weirdest thing is if it doesn't go well at all to the point where you like, no, want to not have to show your face after the show, and then they come up and they're like, can we get a picture? And I was like, were you there? It was the worst? Still did you watch that? Did you Step Over the World? An hour and a half long smoke.
Speaker 4: No no, I majored in emotional diversion.
Speaker 2: I can separate things really well. My parents are very mean.
Speaker 4: Like my face from my thoughts.
Speaker 2: And my pictures from my experiences and.
Speaker 4: The crying from my pain. I one time did a college. It was in the middle of Minnesota where and it might have been a town called Cohler because they made cold like toilets, okay, but it was a religious school of just I think one or two thousand students, and I performed. But they had an on campus pub and all these underage kids were in a Irish themed pub, and there was a nun sitting up front. That is incredible, and I had to and I of course gave her a speech right away, begging her basically to leave, but she stayed and she laughed more than all these kids. Wow, you're the only one with experience, because the.
Speaker 2: Rest of her life is so dull.
Speaker 5: Yeah, any suggestion of an idea is exciting.
Speaker 4: I just told her when to plug her ears, and she did it. So But it was that same thing Jamie, where I was like, these kids hate me, and I think they're gonna either try and get me to accept Jesus or just feed me the boots. Yeah, I thought they're going to beat me. And the same thing. I took so many pictures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love the photos. The craziest thing is I did a school that was in the middle of Amish country and it was a very religious school and they were the best school I've maybe ever done. And I was dreading it more than any other school. Oh wow, and they were yeah, not that they were all Amish, but it was definitely like a religious part of Pennsylvania and like a religious school, and they were so wonderful. I think it was like it was pretty small, but it was still a good experience.
Speaker 4: How many times did you reference butter churning or old Yankee would work, Yes, eat it up.
Speaker 5: Raising the barn like a lot of rap, let's raise the barn type so awful that you were just staring him.
Speaker 4: What were you guys born in a oh never.
Speaker 1: Mind, Well, the Amish village, the main Amish village where you can go and actually like experience Amish culture and like buy goods and churn butter is called intercourse.
Speaker 4: Oh that's there's that joke all done?
Speaker 1: Uh And yeah, So I was like instantly, but it was so funny. It was like they never heard that before. Yeah, so I was stooping to the lowest level and they were rising to my level of lowness, and it was just perfect.
Speaker 4: To an Amish community. The word intercourse is the dirtiest word you could ever say. Brobbly.
Speaker 1: It is interesting, but that's what it's called.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I used to have a T shirt that was all those cities in Amage Country and there's blue balls, and there's course there's a ton of them, Yeah, that are like blue balls.
Speaker 4: I swear it was.
Speaker 2: It was blue bell It had to be, I swear to you.
Speaker 5: Somebody get their phone because there's it's a whole thing of like that. There's all these cities in that part of Pennsylvania that.
Speaker 2: Have dirty names.
Speaker 4: That's terrific.
Speaker 5: I know. I like the T shirt I had. It was it was during the Great Ringer t shirt trend of the early name the great.
Speaker 4: It was like the Roaring twenties for t shirts for tears.
Speaker 5: And I had one that it was like one of those uh signposts that had all the different city names in different directions and so a handful of.
Speaker 2: Those were on there.
Speaker 5: Oh that's amazing, is why I'm speaking with such authority because I wore the Ringer T shirt that said so I.
Speaker 4: Remember having a shirt from Weed, California that just said blue ball Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: One one singular blue ball.
Speaker 5: One blue ball.
Speaker 2: It's a Lance Armstrong thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how I would take the joke if I was doing the college game.
Speaker 1: Who wait, hold on, and it says that the name is blue balls originated. The term blue balls came from blue ball.
Speaker 5: Because somehow the girls there were super frigid.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Well, not the cattle that might actually be.
Speaker 4: A Not the butter No, that, oh blue, That's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 5: You gave me blue butter balls. I thought I was gonna get a bunch of butter.
Speaker 2: On my homemade bread.
Speaker 1: In the early eighteenth century, John Wallace built a small building in Earl Town at the intersection of two Indian trails. He hung a blue ball out front and called it the Sign of the Blue Ball.
Speaker 4: I don't understand, like a like a racquetball or something, or was it a second maybe just to.
Speaker 1: Mark the town? Okay, oh wait, I get a ball?
Speaker 5: What cut what?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna doubt. I'm gonna guess it was a racquetball. A little blue racketball.
Speaker 5: He established one of the first racquetball courts.
Speaker 1: All Right, he's not really helping me.
Speaker 2: I need more answers.
Speaker 4: I need more knowledge. I thirst for blue ball knowledge.
Speaker 5: It's times like this I realized that this is what I could have been doing in college. I didn't pick up on that when I was there. I was just like, this place is bullshit. But now I realized, no, that's smart for me.
Speaker 4: Realized how easy college is for kids now that they you know, they all have their phone in their clat that like there's no way around it. So they're allowed unless they confiscate phones, which they probably don't.
Speaker 5: They probably don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think they all.
Speaker 4: Of the little cheat sheet miniature notes that I wrote, And yeah, I'm talking about how I used to cheat in college. Sure, I would take them to my shoe. I cheated in college because money was on the line. In high school, I didn't care. In college. Oh, I drew little pit pictures of all the paintings I had to memorize in art history. And then once he saw and he's like, wow, those are good little drawings and kind of winked at me, like, oh, oh, I guess the art history. Well, well I think he wanted to dig believe.
Speaker 5: Wait, where'd you go to college, Jamie?
Speaker 1: I went to ut in Austin.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I always forget that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always think you're from Texas.
Speaker 4: I mean, comedically I am.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you live there?
Speaker 5: I sent humors from Okay, No, he's really racist.
Speaker 4: H Yeah. I started in Austin in like it did start ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wait were you there? So that's with like Howard Kramer in them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Actually Howard Kramer and Chip Pope had already moved here, but they were the talk of the town because they, uh, they developed and were in Austin stories and that was kind of that and the movie Slacker were the first things that kind of put Austin on the map. And so those were the guys, and when they came back, it was just a rock star. We might want to take the ten, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I go other stuff a different way every time from the airport to the point where I don't even really understand. I just know that I'm in a car and that it'll get me there somehow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna do four or five one on one because it's what I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's okay, But well.
Speaker 5: I think it's six and one. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like to see and what is this saying six and one something in the other, six of one, half dozen of the other, which just means it's the same, which ultimately ends up being two in the bush, right.
Speaker 5: I think that's ultimately at the end of the day. I guess you'd say, so.
Speaker 4: Welcome to two Bush, Pennsylvania. I am too much, Jamie.
Speaker 5: Wasn't a good trip back from us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was okay.
Speaker 4: Tell us about your flight airline jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I had a weird I did have a weird experience where it didn't start off weird. I got on the plane and I was in the middle seed of road and I got up to that row and then there was someone sitting in my seat. So I was like, hey, oh, that's my seat, and he was like, oh, well, I guess I'm in the wrong row, but I'm in the seat right in front, the empty middle seat right in front of me. And I was like, oh, no problem, I'll just take your empty seat on row twenty one. And then the man in the window, see he was like, he was like, actually, my wife is in the aisle. Can I switch with you? You can have the window? And I was like sure, and then the guy from back in my seat in row twenty two was like, actually I want the window, and I thought he was fucking with me. I was like, ha ha, I got it, and he's like, but seriously, though, if you don't have a preference, I actually would like the window.
Speaker 4: Wait. No, that was a deal that you worked out with your goal. I can't go back, I know.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, well I don't. I mean, I really don't have a preference. Like I get up to pee, so I was like, in the middle is fine because it's like one step close through the aisle. Yeah, so I really care. But then so he's I let him have the window seat. And then like at the end of the flight, he like tapped me and he was like thanks again. I slept really well, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh he had no sho man, what I hate this guy? Yeah? It was so describe him so I can't hate him.
Speaker 5: Can I say what I think he looks like?
Speaker 1: Yet? Ye?
Speaker 5: Okay? Just the first thing was that he's tall.
Speaker 1: I really didn't get a good look at that.
Speaker 4: He was setting damn it. Oh shit, I bet he was tall, an average man. Hype.
Speaker 5: What do you think like Larry David is No.
Speaker 1: No, he was dressed kind of like i'd say, like a forty two year old professor. Oh corduroy. Yeah, he was wearing a blazer and no pipe but pipe vibe where his pipe vibes pipe pipe.
Speaker 4: Where his eyebrows growing out of control.
Speaker 1: He actually he looked kind of like the guy, a guy who would like, you know, give a ted talk. Oh okay, like that kind of like like him. You know, so you get academ Why can't I speak that? Academic?
Speaker 4: Is it's the car? I think that's the car that's in that way.
Speaker 1: Academic?
Speaker 2: Wow, get back. Academic. I think is my least favorite.
Speaker 1: It might be my new least favorite. That.
Speaker 4: It seems funny that, as we talk about in Jamie, it seems like you were attracted to him.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny to say that, because he kept turning around in a way where I was like, I felt like he I like kind of busted his balls a little bit about it, and then he was like, oh, like okay, well now like she's kind of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just busting his balls because he deserved it not because I wanted to like engage in ball busting. Oh, I left out of detail. So when he sat down at the window and I finally took the middle seat behind him, he turned around. He goes, uh, is my neck pillow back there? And I was like, let me look.
Speaker 5: You fucking nerd nerd.
Speaker 1: I look the seat and I was like, no, it's not background. And then he goes, oh, I guess I must have left on the other flight.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I don't care, so I go, are you so international?
Speaker 4: It depends how many steats? How many seats did you sit on on your last fight? I asked, what.
Speaker 1: Singer take that? I just said, I go, I go. He was like it was a nice one too, That's what he said. He was like it was a nice one too, And I go, who was it? Leopard print? And then he was like he was like, I can't believed I wasn't. I got sucked into it. He kept turning around as like a toddler. I was like, look, look front kid, what fount it's so.
Speaker 5: Weird to turn all the way around in your seat on a fly.
Speaker 1: That's like, look between between seats and do.
Speaker 5: Like he might as well given you a ring. That's too much. It's too much. It's really a statement.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I guess he felt connected through the leopard print was naked.
Speaker 4: It was naked, knew, And then he started peacocking.
Speaker 1: We want peacocking.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 5: It's triangulating, right, right, that's one of them too.
Speaker 4: Peacocking is like, why that guy the game or no, that's a rapper, the guy that is the game, right, but the game is a rapper anyway, the guy that's Mystery or whatever. I think his name's Mystery. He's not a magician. But and he'd wear aviator goggles on his head and that was his signature peacock move. So girls would come up and go, so I swed your aviator goggles and then he'd go, hey, let me see your drink without you looking for a minute. Twelve is always rue.
Speaker 1: Pardon me?
Speaker 5: Can I stop and asking question? Okay, aviator goggles is what drew women to him?
Speaker 4: He just said, yes, it's a conversation. And so it's called peacocking as it is in the animal Kingdom. Like it's like a bird saying, look at my beautiful feathers. And then the ladies come Hey, what's into the look at these colors and.
Speaker 2: Charles Lindberg.
Speaker 5: I'm so fascinated by goggles.
Speaker 4: It makes me think of Snoopy on his doghouse, the way he's laying down, the way I want to be. I'm picking up some bad reception. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, we're canyon right.
Speaker 4: It might be just me. I sat next to that guy on a plane once. I think his name is Mystery. Yeah, he was on that show, The Pickup Artist, I think so. But when I did that Reality bites back thing, that's like fake.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I remember Reality.
Speaker 4: The people that produced that and edited it, ed Ed also did his show, and once we were done with ours and we had just finished it, they were then going to work on his. So when he came on the plane, I was like, Hey, you're about to work with so and so and so and so at three Ball or whatever it was called. It was called three Ball. Oh, so many balls coming up this and uh he was.
Speaker 5: So embarrassed and I'm laughing out loud. Yes is a really good one.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was just there was a bit of a peaking issue, and so I'm it's also a production Oh yeah, Well, the NBC. I think you're a stepping on their logo toes because they have a peacock for there.
Speaker 1: But the production company names are always like they're always like really like kind of insulting, like to downplay the fact that they have a lot of money. It's always like boisterous, idiot, stupid clown productions.
Speaker 2: I get up whenever I want.
Speaker 4: But he wouldn't. He would not even make He was like I was talking to him and I and he's like, oh, yeah, yeah, I know Jared.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he was just scanning the uh airplane for someone to get. He wasn't even looking. He was doing like that thing that well I can't say her name, but we have a friend who does it when she's always looking over your shoulder for someone else. We all know who I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About right now, I actually don't. I had like six people come.
Speaker 5: It could be so many, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: But sorry, this was mystery.
Speaker 4: You're talking, yeah, mystery.
Speaker 1: He was just and he looks like, is he the host of that show?
Speaker 4: No, he's just Yeah. That's the thing. He's not an attractive man. It is scratching the quality. I just have to apologize to all our listeners. It is a technical difficulty. You always think that, No, it's I'm actually hearing it this time. This is real.
Speaker 1: I've been crying.
Speaker 4: I've been crying Cracky Wolf, and now the ship's going down. It is you know it isn't now Okay, so it's long. When I say crackle, everyone just say the word crackle because it seems to scare away. That sounds okay, okay, okay, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Oh. I have a thing about so I know someone who was on that show, like a friend of a friend. Oh no, And I will say, like one of like so like so so not good looking, like not good looking this guy yeah like a like a yeah. And I don't want to say that's good looking. I want to say I was very much not attracted to him, right, and it's not good looks his face and standards. But he did this thing where he was like, I like learned all these tricks on the show and they totally work on women, and I was like, we'll do one on me. We're at Disneyland actually, and we were standing in line in a group in a group we're standing online for Pirates of the Caribbean. Caribbean. I still know how to.
Speaker 6: Say, and and so, uh, he did this thing where I put my hands on top of his and it was kind of like that game of slaps, but like minus the game part.
Speaker 1: And it was something about how he was like transferring energy to my hands or something. And I actually had a moment where I was like, oh shit, this works.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 1: It was terrifying. He just you you did like a like a palm to palm thing. He put his hands out like this, yeah, and I put my hands on top or something. I don't remember. It was years ago. I don't really remember it, but I just remember being like, ah, it's working.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was the Free.
Speaker 5: States I went on after I got a divorce, which and I was so like paranoid and freaked out to date or do anything and uncomfortable and like I don't know how.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 4: He should be more courteous a guy in the Lexus.
Speaker 5: Sorry, carry on, it's a lexus. Uh. That At the end, we were on the state and was super fun, and then we were like driving up to my house and I was starting to get crazy nervous of like, you know, what, what's this moment going to be? Like, it's so uncomfortable you know what I mean, like that creepy.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that sucks about dating in LA is like car time.
Speaker 5: The car time where it's like you're having a conversation about nothing and you both know it and it's really stressed out.
Speaker 2: Whatever. This guy just turned to me and put his.
Speaker 5: Hand hands out like that, and so then I just put my hands on his hands and then he I can't remember what he said, but it was like, you broke it, broke that weird physical ice. Though I can't it was the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great that's the best fucking trick there is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're basically silently saying we're gonna take a step this way now instead of some weird I don't know.
Speaker 4: See, what I always tried to do is just touch the hair.
Speaker 1: Like pet I've to I do. You know, I really do like all things that would be done to dogs. I'm pretty much exactly sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone hugs me and pats my back, I absolutely see it as an endearment.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh my god, I totally do that. But I do a rub Sometimes I realize i'm doing it. I'm like, Jane, why are you doing that? But I have to take myself out of it.
Speaker 4: Apparently, if you pat someone on top of the head, though you might as well be spitting in their face, there is.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a dismissal.
Speaker 5: Would I would interpret that as being dismissed if I got pat pat.
Speaker 1: On top of the head. No, no, no, but you don't even do that to a dog, No I do.
Speaker 4: I go up and I tossle their air, and I scratch under their chin.
Speaker 5: And then you hit him on the nose of the newspaper, and.
Speaker 4: Then I go and then I point, I pointed their vagina and go bat No. No, sorry, that was a joke from another paper.
Speaker 5: Yeah that yes, was that a joke for another time?
Speaker 4: Yes? And so for me to just all of a sudden say, I pointed that was a tig thing. Blame tig, and she has one, so she can do it. We live together. Okay, it was me. I actually do that, all right.
Speaker 5: I Also another thing I think is interesting about the uh pickup artist thing.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of trying the thing I said, triangulating?
Speaker 1: I have not heard that till till you said that.
Speaker 5: It's basically just talking to the person you don't like so that the person you.
Speaker 4: I do that anyway.
Speaker 2: I know it doesn't everyone just a normal oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this palm thing, I can't get over it.
Speaker 2: It's such a good idea.
Speaker 1: It just does the work because but then it's weird because like sometimes I've been in that situation, like at a bar or whatever, and I'll be talking to the other friend and then I realized that they are actually inherently more interesting. And then you're like, oh, but the other one's like that are looking or whatever. But you're like, oh, no, your friend is talking a lot because they're the only one that has anything to say.
Speaker 4: And then you're really going to feel bad when you just go out with handsome teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't all handsome teeth.
Speaker 4: Handsome teeth boy, he had some rthadonic didn't give him anything to talk about.
Speaker 1: There's just like a puddle here, guys.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's I pour water in there at the after the dog parks, so my dog. Oh it's intentional, but they never drink it all.
Speaker 2: And then I don't clean it up.
Speaker 1: It just looks like something huge melted. Like you brought an ice sculpture in the car. I forgot about it for coming home.
Speaker 4: But I thought it'd be a fun experiment to see what would happen if we dip the microphones in there? Do you want to play science experiment games?
Speaker 5: Nothing in my life is reflects.
Speaker 2: If other people saw, what would they think.
Speaker 5: I just I'm totally out of that phase at this point where I'm like, oh, yeah, I better explain your car.
Speaker 1: But your car is not messy. You don't have I can't be like, but it's not like you have like French fries, like you know what I mean. I feel like as a kid, I always had like French fries in my mom's car. They were always like just fries under the seat. You don't have a French fry car. You just have like water, you have like a small pool.
Speaker 5: I have a dog. It's like this is the dog's car, and they let me use it on the weekend.
Speaker 1: I see it, Chris, I haven't even told you so. I actually like I love animals, but I hate dog culture, like hate it, like vehemently hated. Like it's you know, it makes me not want to get a dog, like like I think they're crazy. The way LA is about dogs is like, I don't know, it's another level. And New York is big about dogs. But it's more like what breed is it? Like it's more of a show, not.
Speaker 4: Hey are my dogs. I can't believe you didn't come to my dogs. Exactly ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So when I'm I dold here in this before. But she has my favorite dog dynamic of anyone I know. The way she talks about her dogs. It makes me laugh as opposed to like make me like annoyed, which is most people like, it's really funny because what are your dog's names?
Speaker 5: Again? George and Fan friends already.
Speaker 1: It's like they have like I don't know, it's like sitcom friendship.
Speaker 4: It's so funny every time.
Speaker 1: And the fact that they rule the car it's so funny.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, there's water there and you just said, oh yeah, yeah, that's water, and then we didn't talk about it, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, I figured if I could get away with not explaining it, I was just going to try it. Try that because it's gross and and like I was like I looked at it and like, oh, I should stick like something in there and stop it up. But like everything I do, I'm always like I should definitely do that, and that time.
Speaker 1: Never it'll happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then watch all of Call the Midwife, my new favorite British tvation.
Speaker 1: Oh I haven't seen it, it's so good on Netflix. Yes, okay, I'll watch it. I just watched all three great oh three seasons. Yes, I have a show to invest in, catching up to do right because in England they do Christmas every time England and.
Speaker 4: I get a cat, I forget that. I'm gonna name my cat Craig. I think a cat named Craig that.
Speaker 1: I might get a cat.
Speaker 4: Wait, every time I get a new cat, I forget this has it's happened every time I've gotten a cat, which means a cat, your go to name is Craig, right, and then I just name him some cat name. Yeah, in a panic. It's like we're gonna cut cut his balls off? What do we call him?
Speaker 5: Sucks?
Speaker 4: Oh ship. I did have two cats named carn Truck.
Speaker 1: I thought that was that's cute. It's funny becausehen I was a kid, I used to think that, like like pet names like fluffy and scruffy. I always thought those were like really horrible, And as I get older, I start to really like them, which I'm not sure what that means.
Speaker 5: But there's nothing funnier than the people at my dog park. The names it's so obvious, Like there's a woman who named her dog Khalisi. She's always like Kalis get out of the.
Speaker 4: Water, and it's like, how dare you talk to the mother of dragons.
Speaker 5: That, well, it's this big dumb dog and it's like she just didn't think it through, Like, yes, that would be cool if.
Speaker 1: Not sound like a big dumb dog name.
Speaker 5: It's at all I know, it's so hilarious. You didn't think this all the way through to the fact that think of a name that you're gonna show, yeah, older again in front of a ton of people.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm gonna think it through so far ahead that I'm gonna name once I have a kid, I'm gonna name the animal and live on a street. That's totally normal. So when someone does that stupid this is your porn name my son or daughter is just it's like, oh, it's Craig Johnson. Well, okay, who's the next one Johnson? Yeah, No one's gonna laugh at my kid.
Speaker 5: Ever, Yeah, what's your porn name?
Speaker 4: Snuffy Kensington.
Speaker 1: Name of street?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah? Yeah, yeah, first.
Speaker 1: Laslow Briar Creek.
Speaker 4: That's the best ever. Oh, that's the best. Jesus.
Speaker 1: My parents named our cats like very pretentious names, which I think is why now I'm like, oh, name it bark, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Larry.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I'm rebelling.
Speaker 5: Pepsi eucalyptus.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's the best.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: She's a perhaps, she's like a particles.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I went first with Snuffy Kensington.
Speaker 1: You guys have Nuffy Kensington. That's also your snuff film name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a porn where and everyone he has to pretend to die?
Speaker 1: What's your snuff film name? What would that? What's the equation for snop film names? You have to come up with one?
Speaker 5: It's it's like your first teacher's first name, and then just the name Doe Ellen Doe.
Speaker 4: Oh, because they're dead.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's exactly.
Speaker 5: That's here, that's exactly. Oh.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like everything we've done so far.
Speaker 1: It's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Now's now's that moment where we allow ourselves a little dead air just to acknowledge the traffic and we're.
Speaker 5: Back traffic on the one on one South. This time.
Speaker 4: Oh uh, slow and steady, but certainly filled with cars. Yes, most of them not American.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, did you travel far enough that you have?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey, Jimmy, get up here?
Speaker 1: She said, I like it treated like a dog.
Speaker 4: That was drinking noises? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Did you come from for? Is there there's a time change? Who came from Philadelphia for Pennsylvania?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you tired?
Speaker 1: I am quite I'm quite tired. But I feel like I've traveled a lot this past I guess two months like a lot, a lot, like the best I've ever traveled. And so I think I feel guilty now even complaining about like time changes, because you know, you hear those things like, oh, jet lag is for like peasants or whatever. So somehow I heard that. I read that somewhere I get one of the girls from Yeah damn, it was one of the girls from like some E show, and I read like something in a magazine where she was like, jet lag is like for poor people, and it stuck in my head. I'm such a monster, And I was like.
Speaker 4: It is jet lag comes from a global travel.
Speaker 1: I it makes literally no sense. But I when I read that, I was like, it's is so rateleusy because I complain about being tired all the time, and apparently like you're just not supposed to feel you're a certain point.
Speaker 4: People have pills, which people travel more.
Speaker 1: The private jet is a totally different.
Speaker 5: Thing, and they can afford those bottles of heavy on spray.
Speaker 1: To set the foundation, set.
Speaker 5: It the moist, set it, set it, and get it.
Speaker 4: Set it.
Speaker 5: I forgot it.
Speaker 1: Forgot.
Speaker 5: They repaved parts of this freeway, and I have to say I like it.
Speaker 4: I like, I like very smooth. Like they decided to not pave certain parts though like that.
Speaker 1: Well because it makes you appreciate the smooth part.
Speaker 4: Because of the contract.
Speaker 5: They're called gratitude stress. It was Oprah's idea.
Speaker 1: Do you really think about every time my driving gratitude strip?
Speaker 4: Because at Reugh streets are for poor people.
Speaker 5: That's right for poor people.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny?
Speaker 5: I always I would totally react to something like that and remember it, because I of course didn't grow up poor, but we were definitely like middle middle class, and so whatever I think rich people think, it's like I think, oh, remember that. So if you can pretend to be rich at some point, if you need to be and like stuff like that. That's just random bullshit. Were you well a test?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And it take a little really rich, it's a little glimpse into into their thinking. Yes, do you think you're just normal and great? And then you're like, oh no, I'm a shithead. According to this person, I have jet lag.
Speaker 4: Like a p Yeah. I get I noticed that when people talk.
Speaker 1: About village girl a surf.
Speaker 4: Fetch the meat bucket, they didn't even have meat buckets. Now I know you're not rich. I get that when people talk about colleges and I've never heard of any college because it was just assumed that I would go to my.
Speaker 1: Local Yah, where did you go?
Speaker 4: University of Montana?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, which has a great business school you guys, Oh good, terrific. But yeah, when someone's like, oh I went to Cornell, I'm like the one in Helena, Montana.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's a different one.
Speaker 5: That that last job I had, everybody was either Ivy League or like USC or UCLA, and they were like people were going around saying what school or whatever. Then I was just in my mind, like, I hope I don't have to say sax State for a year and a half.
Speaker 4: Please, don't bring up lacrosse.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 2: I can't even explain the beginnings.
Speaker 4: Of c where'd you play field hockey?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I have to go? You know, I played it down in the field.
Speaker 4: Everybody everyone else was on the ice. But I'd like to admit play to my own beat of a different trade. It's a different sport, isn't it? Ship?
Speaker 1: Yet? There's no ship I I I'm going to make a huge generalization that literally makes no sense, but I'm going for it. I think that the next generation is not going to care as much about college because there's just going to be so many more entrepreneurs and people who came up with something in high school and made a million dollars and just rolled with it.
Speaker 2: It's just not realistic.
Speaker 1: So honestly, I was talking to Dan about this, dad is my boyfriend?
Speaker 4: Hello, I have one.
Speaker 2: He palmed me dance the man from the.
Speaker 1: He had the worst face. Then he did that palm trick.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what do you know? Good boy?
Speaker 1: But he was we were talking about I was like, I don't even I feel like if my kid was like I don't want to go to college, I can't imagine myself being like you must, yeah, because even though I went, I don't. I just don't care and I don't necessarily see the value. I think there are certain situations where it's like undeniable that you have to go because that's the only way to like climb the ranks of what you want to do, like that particular field.
Speaker 4: Doctor and lawyer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like other than certified careers, Like what are we doing right? I mean I learned like three things in college yeah, and I don't even Yeah, and learning meeting people that have been like interned since they were nineteen and then yes, basically rows their ranks up.
Speaker 2: In show business. Basically, it's about what you do.
Speaker 5: It doesn't really matter, like your education, because none of that applies to actually working.
Speaker 4: Never ever, no one's ever asked, And I've never shown my diploma which is framed in my room my college to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just no one cares.
Speaker 4: Never come. Yeah, it does not matter.
Speaker 1: No, you don't matter.
Speaker 5: Are you willing to carry this flat of water into the kitchen?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no? Asking someone do they need a water? Checking back to see do they need a water? It's all about water. Coffee when I want coffee, brown water, college, round electric, different types of water, and can you get it for someone who has more money than you.
Speaker 4: Water is replacing college hydrating. Yeah, it's replacing.
Speaker 2: Smart enough to give and receive water, hydrate the right people.
Speaker 1: Someday someone will be hydrating you.
Speaker 4: And then information. It's so much easier to just because of the way things are now.
Speaker 1: Definitely say my address on the oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah she could. Sometimes we pass notes in here, it's not.
Speaker 1: Does that happened upon you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll we'll we'll all stop talking and then have weird address moments.
Speaker 2: I call them address moments.
Speaker 5: Everyone's trying to cover but I mean like, yeah, I do too, but actually we're just reading, okay, reading our phones.
Speaker 1: Well, that's pretty cool that you guys don't just like bleep it out or cut it out.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that would require editing, which I'd like to avoid. I remember when when we did the one with Rob Delaney, he was like, oh, and I live up. I'll just say the address and you can edit it out later. I'm like, no, no, no, tono have to edit the Oh no, it's usually one it probably I.
Speaker 1: Have never edited it. Didn't know I want to say that all the time. I've only done like, uh, just like you know, stupid little like movies on my iMovie on my laptop. I've never just like done is it the same program to Okay? I thought there was like a podcast program.
Speaker 4: There probably is. I don't know about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I am not technically advanced. That's why we've been and that we've had to edit it is when someone says something that they're embarrassed about, or they actually say I don't want that to be on here. But yeah, so far the Jamie Lee episode has been nothing but home runs.
Speaker 1: This is fun.
Speaker 5: Just wait, I love it as Look at how good that truck is.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is a nice truck. Tod that car went in front of you, Jamie.
Speaker 5: You don't want to eat?
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 5: You want to go home?
Speaker 1: I just need to shower. No, I do want to shower. I do want to eat.
Speaker 5: We could just go to the one on one.
Speaker 1: Keep it cash, Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 4: Keep and keep it cash to.
Speaker 5: Keep it cash, Chris, don't put your poems out for her to touch.
Speaker 4: No, I mean keep it cash, like we're not going to use credit cards.
Speaker 5: Keep a cash, keep it cash.
Speaker 4: I got what it deserved.
Speaker 5: Jamie, are you Are you doing sets in the city anytime soon?
Speaker 1: The city? YEPA ball or wherever they went in that second movie. I love it. Yeah that I know I am, but I can't remember when the next one is. I think next week, but I don't.
Speaker 5: The palis don't remember big Fish, Tacos. Yeah, west Side Comedy Center.
Speaker 1: I think I'm doing. Honestly, I don't remember because I didn't. Yeah, I wasn't supposed to be here next week. I was supposed to be in New York, but then I had to cancel that. So now I just have like a free week.
Speaker 4: Do you guys want to do the improv on Saturday? I'm headlining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be so fog Yeah yeah, yes, seriously yeah yeah, Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah to do it Saturday.
Speaker 4: Great? So you're doing that set?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, the spot?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: That's part two? Where we today?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we're trying to get as many of these done. Episode guys, let's talk about the other episode and highlights, the lights.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that you're both doing my show.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be that'll be so fun.
Speaker 5: Who else have you asked if we were the first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I just I don't want to take away from you being my friend, but I did just.
Speaker 1: Find out that's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: It'll be great.
Speaker 5: Can we each pick a person that you then ask like we get our own picks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a like an ice bucket, No, but a happy one.
Speaker 4: Do you guys nominate? I nominated? I say, sir Kelsey, that's cold to there's a drought happening, all right.
Speaker 5: Did you see that one where the girls on a horse and she gives herself the ice, the horse runs away and then.
Speaker 2: She falls off the horse.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm I want That's the first thing I'm doing once we push stop record.
Speaker 1: It's the best, It's really my favorite one was definitely Oprah. I only watched like two. She got the two. She was the best one. Just her reaction. It's just it's just something funny to watch her get drenched and fall apart as a person. It's really sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to see her with we you have to.
Speaker 1: And of course it was like she's like, I nominate Gail and Gail. She doesn't her only friend, but.
Speaker 4: Gail and Sterling.
Speaker 1: Are they going strong?
Speaker 4: I think he's just like the volleyball in the Tom Hanks movie. He's just a Stetson hat sitting on Gail's head. Give me a kiss. Get I mean Stetson's his name Stetson?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love Stetson.
Speaker 2: You're well son, I sun, I'm dating a hat.
Speaker 4: He's just a hat floating in the ocean.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at the kids lines up around the corner.
Speaker 4: Oh to see ass, cat, I wonder who's monologuing. Get the fuck out of here. I'm sorry, you guys are kidding. I love improv. I'm sorry. I love the looseness. I love anything. I love how they get mad if you get laughs during your monologue. Actually, if you could leave the jokes first, it's kind of your spending, So just tell a story. Do you not ignore your comedian or the other reasons we asked you to do this? And just because.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, there's something funny, because like, okay, my boyfriend does improv. I definitely like watching you.
Speaker 4: No offense about what I said, no no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, ask cat. You made me realize something like it's kind of weird because okay, so like let's say you're the monologist and you do a monologue and you're really you know, they like specifics, so you're like, you know, detail in the you know, apartment loft that I lived in in outside of Cleveland or whatever it is, the.
Speaker 4: Details sweater was blue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, okay, sorry, carry on, but whatever it is. They call that back. It gets a laugh, So it's kind of like they're asking you, hey, can you just be specific? So we get big laughs and we mention it. It's really I like, I never put it together, but I'm like, oh, you're doing a lot of the work for them when they get that call back, lest.
Speaker 4: That's why they actually don't they get mad at you when you have jokes and get laughs during your story. That's man, what of all the asscats listen to this and they're gonna hate?
Speaker 5: You know what? We were the number one podcast for ass cats and now we're we've sunk to number seven. Really yeah, they got a ton of nouns and verbs from this podcast, but never again. Actually, when I did ask cat, I think that's what it was. It might have been Fernando. It was a lower Craft's show. Oh COOLU, which was a man's name, not ass cat. That's something else. Oh and it was what that?
Speaker 4: Yes, Armando the style, it's a style. It's like a herald. Oh is that true, Armando? Yes, Armando is a style.
Speaker 2: It's a whole culture.
Speaker 5: I don't understand.
Speaker 4: It's long form but not store. It's a it's like a loose but they did.
Speaker 5: A thing off of a story. I told that was one of hal.
Speaker 1: And a loose herald, and went went Lloyd's.
Speaker 4: But he used to there.
Speaker 1: Are Lloyd teams. No, yeah, yeah, there's mod teams, that sketch teams, and then Lloyd teams. I believe our video teams. Don't quote me on that. Wow, but I think they're like.
Speaker 4: The mod teams all show up on Vespa scooters.
Speaker 2: And try to cut people the razors.
Speaker 1: I've never seen that movie, so I literally don't know what I'm talking about. I don't know it.
Speaker 4: I don't I just replaced it with old SKA listeners. I don't know what slim pants suits gott. I love ending on a note like that, Jamie, you're the best.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're the best. Thanks for picking me up from the airport.
Speaker 4: Of course, we'll give you a ride any well, not anytime.
Speaker 1: But definitely do your show though, Yeah, see on Saturday.
Speaker 5: That's so excited.
Speaker 4: Go to that.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go to them Saturday, Saturday, the twenty fifth of October of October.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh great, that'll be so fun.
Speaker 4: My headlining comedy concert.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we're the openers.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, we'll talk about that once we stop recording. You've been listening to Do you.
Speaker 1: Need a Jamie are co headlining?
Speaker 4: After we're done recording, we'll go through the logistics. You've been listening to Do you need a Ride? E?
Speaker 6: Y n A r A leaven I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be.
Speaker 3: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and turning on engage.
Speaker 5: We want to send you off instil. You want to welcome you back home? Tell us all about it. We scared or was it fine?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Porn? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need
Speaker 4: With Karen and chrissm