Speaker 1: Hello, Hey there, Hi, Hi. What's your name? Him is Jai Jai Ji?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 3: Ji? I'm twenty two?
Speaker 1: Rock and roll Ji. What's what's going on? How you doing?
Speaker 3: I don't I know, man. I think you saw what I said in my text message. But over the past two years I've lost over forty thousand dollars just from wanting to wanting to buy people's affection. I guess because I didn't really have a good time making I didn't really have an opportunity making Brighton's growing up, so I thought that was the best possible way to do it. I guess.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell me, I guess, go ahead and start telling me about this from from whatever angle you want to start at.
Speaker 3: Okay. So, two years ago, I had received a trust from my grandmother, who I'm pretty sure was like patient zero of COVID. That's neither here nor there. Yeah, I received the trust of just under one hundred thousand dollars that was supposed to be going to.
Speaker 4: School, and.
Speaker 3: It didn't. Over forty to fifty thousand dollars of it actually went into just fribble as shit and making a whole bunch of friends through Tinder, and all bunch of friends that I don't know didn't really have the best intention for me, and I wanted to keep them around by buying them gifts and taking them on strips. And now none of those friends are still my friends. So I don't really know how much that was worth.
Speaker 1: And how long have you been using trying to use money to make friends?
Speaker 3: And I got that money. I had grown up very poor, and so the most money that I've ever had to myself was the four thousand dollars COVID stimulus check, and I didn't really spend that money well either, And so when I got this humungo check of seventy three thousand dollars, no, it's kind of it's kind of game over, I guess.
Speaker 1: So did you have friends growing up?
Speaker 3: I wasn't really allowed to. I had a dad who would basically ostracized me and not allow me to hang out with any people that I had anything in contact or common with, and it put me in a situation and where even now I'm way more sociable. But it's kind of like, I don't know how to maintain these friendships, especially if I don't want to spend money on them. Because I know that that's the only way that's kind of worked in the past.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Do you do you still keep in touch with your dad? Do you do you know why he did that?
Speaker 3: So, my dad is currently in a hospice for a knock sic brain injury. He developed alcoholism and he had a massive code problem and he fell into a coomo because of it and came out not being able to speak or feed himself or talk very well. So I can go visit him and ask to try to ask him why he did all that, but he probably wouldn't be able to give me a good answer.
Speaker 1: So do you at this moment have any friends? At this moment, do you have any people who you would consider your friend?
Speaker 3: I have a lot of boyfriends, but I I'm I seek out Uh, I guess only romantic relationships. I don't really speak out. I guess just friendships. I don't really know how to do that. Any friends that I did have, I don't really do anymore.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: This might be a sensitive question, but and you don't have to answer if you want. But do you do you like like in the same way that you feel like you know you can only get people to be friends with you if you pay them. Do you do you feel that way about sex?
Speaker 3: No, not particularly. I wouldn't say so. I kind of just do it because I can and I know that it's easy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel like you have an easier time with that than with making friends?
Speaker 3: Because it's way more I guess mutually beneficial. I don't know, Like I it's just easier to talk people into wanting to do this with me instead of, you know, carrying out a whole long term friendship where we're just kind of talking to each other and nothing's really happening. That's just the way that works in my mind. I know that's not like realistically healthy, but like that's just how it's been because I've only been shown that, you know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. All right, So you have a lot of boyfriends, but no like actual friends, and you're you said you're twenty two? Yes, Uh, what do you do? Are you in school or you door?
Speaker 3: I was in school. I lost my job right before Christmas, and I actually recently just moved skates to escape from a pretty pretty bad relationship. So I'm kind of just lingering in a new state right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're in a new state, and do you do you know anybody in this state? Do you have any family there? Or are you totally alone?
Speaker 3: I'm staying with family the place where I was living previously, I didn't know anyone there, so I guess it's a little bit of a better situation.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmmmmm. So I mean, why do you feel like you can only make friends by giving them money?
Speaker 3: Because I, like, I know real estate that I'm I don't want to sound like vain, but I know I'm a really cool person, Like any single time where I go out to an event, everyone shouldnd to me. But I think it's the thing where just based on my development and based on an autism diagnosis, where I feel like I cannot maintain these genuine, like non transactional relationships. I feel like I have to as soon as I become friends with someone, I have to give them a gift just to validate, oh, this is how much I appreciate you. And then when I never return and get that in return, it's like maybe I need to give them another gifts just so they know really how much I appreciate them, And then it just it's I don't I don't really get the logic behind it. It's just how it works in my head and obviously not working.
Speaker 1: So you're initiating giving these people money very early on in the relationship. You're giving these gifts.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, like maybe maybe like two to three weeks after we first become friends. Especially with people that I'm dating, it's immediate I'll start getting them gifts.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask, does this carry is this does this activity carry over into like all these boyfriends that you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely absolutely. I've probably the majority of the money that I've spent has been on boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Hm. Hm.
Speaker 1: And you know I asked her already, but I'll ask you again and maybe we can like examine it a bit deeper. But like, why do you think you need to do this.
Speaker 3: Just for the sake of I guess, not being alone. I don't know, Like like right now, I was just hopping on your screen because I've been just sitting in my apartment for the past like five days, just like wanting someone to talk to without having to reach out to them first, or you know, just have them and be like, hey, you know done thinking about you. That hasn't happened. And so I feel like I have to just I have to give people reasons to want to talk to me, which isn't too cool, motherfucker. I just I just want people to hang out with me without having to ask for it first.
Speaker 1: Mmm. So, so there's a lot of I want to talk about that whole thing, but but I guess i'd focus for now on like the money thing. Like, do you do you have a specific example of a relationship. Let's start with platonically, do you have a specific like tell me tell me about the last friendship that you got into, that you you started to that you know was going going well, and because it was going well, you started to feel like, oh I need to buy them stuff, Like tell me about a specific one, like the last time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was when I had first moved to Houston. That was a place that I just moved from, and I had this really really close friend that I originally met online and then we started talking more in person and we just became best friends. We hung out every single day, and I had saved them from a whole bunch of really bad situations considering their mental health whatever. But one day I decided that I wanted to make a road trip to Austin, which is like a three hour drive, and I was like, you know, I usually go alone on road trips, but I asked my friend if they wanted to come, and that was kind of a big deal because I usually never invite people out on trips like that. And there's you know, my post a friend went up and I had to come along. I buy essentially every single every single thing on the trip. I got food, I get any toilet trees that they needed. I bought the Airbnb, I bought the tickets for all of the events that we went to. And when I asked them, I was like, you know, why did you decide to come with me if you don't really have any money to do anything with And they were like, I mean, honestly, i've been to Austin in a while. You're just kind of give me a free ride to Austin and I just wanted to take it. I'm like, Damn, that sucks. You didn't even want to gome to like experiences with me. You just wanted to like come and just fuck off, Like I'm just kind of here like like a free carpool.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: So, yeah. I had bought them so many gifts on that trip. I had probably bought like, maybe over five hundred dollars with this stuff just on that trip. And the trip is only like a day. It was a it was a six hour round trip. But yeah, that was the one that ends out most in my mind. That was probably the first instance. And yeah, mm hm.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 1: And this is something that's happened to you a few times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mm hmmm. No, I was gonna say, I was. I know that I'm just getting myself into these situations because I tend to hang out with pretty pretty much the same kind of people. But those are just the kind of people that I like.
Speaker 1: So tell when when you when you tell me, tell me what do you mean by those kinds of people?
Speaker 2: What are the what?
Speaker 1: Who are those kinds of people?
Speaker 3: I hang out at a lot of punk clubs. I hang out at a lot of a lot of music venue is comedy clubs. I was friends with a lot of comedians And the nice thing about hanging out with a lot of comedians is that they always need coke, and so I would always be the one who bade them coke, just so I couldn't want them to fill on their set.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's kind of fucked up. But yeah, that's just generally people who have issues already.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this before we keep going. Do you have a real therapist?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 1: What do they say about this?
Speaker 3: They kind of tell me what I'm already kind of explaining out loud to myself. I know that I'm getting myself into these situations and I shouldn't. If it's a if it's a friendship that's purely transactional, it's not a real friendship. And you know, I totally, I totally understand that. But I would rather lose a shit ton of money than not be able to talk to people.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's working, but it's not really doing what he needs to do.
Speaker 1: So I mean I have I have some thoughts on this. If if if they if it would be helpful to you?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: So, I mean your therapist is is right, Like obviously you know the way that you're going about doing this is not is not great. So I would I would think about all of this stuff differently, because like you're lonely and you want to be around more people and you want to have positive relationships, Like every human being on the fucking planet Earth, right, And you're going about it by being like, well, okay, what is within my ability to make friends? Which is a great which is a phenomenal way to think about that problem. You're just answering that question in a fucked up way. You're answering that question by going, you know what I can do. I can buy people things and I can spend a bunch of money on them, and I could take them to trips, and I can do this, and I can do that. And the way in which you're answering that question just continues to fuck you over time and time again. And you're smart and you and you know that, so I would I guess if I were you, And I'm I'm really thinking about your situation because it's an interesting one and one that you know, I've strugg we all struggle with with loneliness and wanting to take it into our own hands and fixing it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, can I ask in what way is it interesting? Like how? I don't know. Obviously I haven't been in any other position other than mine, but like I would think that people kind of generally do the same thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Well, when you well, people people kind of generally do the same thing in the sense that people have the people kind of generally always have. People have those same desires that you have. They want to have friends, and they want to feel loved and they want to feel appreciated.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure I got that, But I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess in answering the question again and tell me if any of this resonates with you, But in answering the question of what is within my power to get to the point where I'm having better social interactions, I would answer that question differently, and I would go, well, what is what's cool about me? Like, you know, I go to these punk shows, and I have this mobility to go up and start talking. I go to these comedy shows, I go out, I leave my house.
Speaker 3: I have the.
Speaker 1: Ability to go up to people and strike up a conversation. And I have the ability to show interest to other people. And I'm funny and I'm cool, and I'm presenting the best sides of myself and I'm you know, being attentive to people, and I'm putting myself out there. And actually I like a lot of what you're doing, Like like you're you're solving your problem by putting yourself out there. You know, it only becomes a problem when you start to like overextend to this point where you feel like that's not enough, and so you have to throw in money and gifts and whatnot. And I guess I you know, I'm not a real therapist. I'm just speeling here, but I guess it seems like it all comes back to this thing of like, how do you feel like you're enough?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And that's a that's a crazy journey of building your self esteem to get yourself to a point where you're like, oh, I'm enough. I don't need to buy people coke to get them to like me. And by the way, you have and on this on this phone call, you expressed this to be you. You said it you you have it in you. You said, I know I'm a cool person. I know I'm fun to be around, like you have, you have it in you.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. That's the thing though, is that like, yes, I am absolutely cool with going out to an event and talking to people, but most of the most of the time when I do that, I'm drunk. I'm fucking ship based. I don't know how to talk to people on like just a base to base level? Like what am I supposed to talk about? Like I know that we're at an event, like you could just kind of talk about the event, but like outside of that, what what the book? Like? All I really know is like someone asking me if I want to go do a bump in the bathroom. We're gonna talk about.
Speaker 1: That, Okay, Jiji, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you this. I really, I swear to God if you take anything away from this conversation. And I mean this, I'm not saying this to like be cute. I I mean this, JII. If you can do these things while you're fucked up, if you can be confident and strike up conversations with folks and feel yourself and whatnot while you're fucked up, I swear to God you can do it sober and I don't. And you're gonna have to try and succeed for you to believe that you can. But I really, I mean that I think you can. Have you ever tried. Have you ever tried going out and not drinking but still summoning the confidence that is that is within you? Okay, It's not the alcohol that gave you that confidence. That's part of who you are as a person. You're an extrovert, you know how to talk to people. Have you tried summoning those things without getting sucked up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I've tried it. I'm currently on like a sober journey right now.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: But the thing is is that like when I go out to an event and I'm like, Okay, I'm not going to drink anything for a couple of hours, and then I get super nervous and I get so anxious, and I'm like, I just think it's like one beer, like just chill out, just like a little bit, and then it turns into like two lemon drops and then green tea shops.
Speaker 1: So concerning, Well, look, I mean, first of all, continue going to see your what does your does your therapist say anything else? Because I have more thoughts about this, But I'm curious what legitimate mental health professionals have to say about your situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, they kind of just think it resonates from not being able to do all that fundamental shit growing up, just being able to know how to talk to people just in school.
Speaker 4: But like.
Speaker 3: She always tells me that I'm doing way better than probably anyone else would be doing in my situation because I'm actually making the stops to actually be able to fix it instead of being like, oh what was me? Like, you know right, but I don't know, Like it's still like I'll get into really high phases where it's like it's so easy just to go out and be like, you know, this is nothing, and then to start doing it for a while like that anxiety just starts hitting me again, and I'm like, I don't know if I don't know if I'm really presenting what I want to present, and I just kind of regress and I just kind of stay inside and don't want to do any of that shit anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, I fully agree. By the way, I agree heavily with your your therapist right because I'm not gonna I don't want to play pretend. But I mean, I guess that's what I fucking do, is I play pretend therapists anyway? You know it from it sounds to me like, uh, yeah, you know, you were put in a fucked up situation that caused some problems for you, and you're like you are you really are doing great. I mean, like like that the fact that you're taking it upon yourself to go out and make friends, right, Like some people they do they just go woe with me, and they said at home and they and they just won't fucking do it. Like even though like obviously obviously it'd be great if you if you did it without getting sucked up. But uh, just the fact that you're trying and putting effort towards it, I do. I agree with her that that you're doing a lot better than most people in your situation.
Speaker 3: Would appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, all right, so you go out to the what okay, tell me this. You've been in the hot You you're the kind of person and this is the kind This kind of person I want to be is someone who can just go out by themselves to a thing and start talking to people and making friends. You are that kind of person. That's all that you do. Why have you?
Speaker 4: Why have you so strange to me?
Speaker 3: Why have you?
Speaker 1: Why have you been at home for five days? What's what's keeping you at home for the past five days?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's cold. I live in Denver. I don't want to go out time, okay, but like I could, Like, there's there's probably so many events that I probably go to that maybe I might be interested in. That's another thing. I just don't like this city. Don't want to have to talk to people in this city. I'm excited for you to come because maybe I'll be able to talk to people at your show y who are like generally like minded. But like anywhere else, it's it's kind of like pulling teeth talking to people out here. So that's another thing too.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's really and and you you do have an interesting situation because I mean, I talk to people on this show all the time, and I feel I've taught I talked about it in my fucking documentary about being lonely and whatnot, and like you're really like doing it, like like you're really doing the thing that a lot of people won't do. It's just to go out. But but you have this problem that you're talking about where for some reason in you, I guess you, and don't don't let me put words in your mouth, but it sounds like for some reason, you feel like even though you know that you're cool and sociable and and and like worthy of being somebody's friend, like you, you still have this whatever fucking thing in your brain that makes you be like, no, that's not enough. I got to buy them cocaine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean like I mean like, like, let's think about that first self, what is that? What do you think that is?
Speaker 4: I I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's that's kind of difficult. Like I just feel like I have to provide, Like I I like, I know that I'm I'm funny, I know that I'm pretty, I'm nice to look at, But like I feel like that's kind of where it ends, Like I don't I feel I know that I have this really interesting personality where I feel like I'm talking about my own ass, but like it's true, like I know that there's things to me that interesting. But yeah, it's it's just like where does it. Like it's it's gonna stop somewhere and then they're gonna stop finding me interesting. And so I have to be like, oh no, wait, hold on, I'll get you this people.
Speaker 1: Just so you don't lose your interest in me, or you know, can we flip the script for a second. These people like this friend, this friend who you took to Austin who wasn't really that cool anyway, Like, did you do you like these people? Do you find these people interesting.
Speaker 3: I love them. I think they're so interesting. That's the main reason why I hang out with y. I hung out with them as much as I did every single person that spent it like such a such and such amount of money on. I thought they was the coolest person on earth and there was. They were just my favorite person, and I just felt like I had to like prove that to them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm hmm.
Speaker 3: This is another thing I had that kind of reminds me of something. So probably maybe a year after I had stopped talking to the friend that I took to Austin, I went to Channel five was on tour at the time, and they were in Houston and they were having like a little after party at this comedy club and they never ended up showing up, but I went just to see if they ended up showing up, and that friend was also there, and there was just something inside me that like, I'm never the type to want to start confrontations, but it was just like I was being controlled, Like I was just I just got up and walked over to them, and I was just like I could tell that they were just scared of me.
Speaker 1: The friend, the friend that you brought to Austin with you was there.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, I could tell that they were scared. They got so scared. They told me that they didn't even recognize me. They're they're much bigger than me, They're much taller or bigger, and they kind of just shrunk under me. And that made me feel good as hell. That made me feel so good. But that makes me feel evil too, because I don't know what I did be like to make them have that reaction just to seeing me after all that time, but made me feel like shit. So it was nice to feel make them feel like shait for this a little bit, I guess. Mmmmmm, I don't really know why I brought that up, but I just kind of no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Jay, I'm really I'm really thinking about this, and I'm really uh like every like like this is such a weird situation because everything's there like clearly, like like I guess you would think like, oh, this comes from like low self esteem, but you know, like you clear but clearly you you recognize all of the things that are positive and good about yourself because you've been talking about them and are aware of them. So I'm just really trying to figure out. And also you have these like social skills that are really hard to develop. So I'm like, what the what is it that is like this? What is the block that's making it so that you you feel like I feel needs to spend money on people?
Speaker 3: I just got mad imposter syndrome. I already know that that's the main thing, but like, yeah, it's a very weird situation. It doesn't really make sense in my mind. Like anyone else, probably if they were in my exact same status range, they probably have the most amount of friends. But it's just so difficult for me. I don't understand. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Is there anything else here that you're that your therapist said that is helpful that you want to bring up?
Speaker 3: Don't uh, I don't know. Don't look for what you want to see in yourself and others. I guess like, yeah, that was that was the main thing. Like I met all these really cool people who were everything that I wanted to be musicians, comedians, stand ups.
Speaker 1: Whatever about that, Well, tell me more about that. They're everything that you want to What do you want to be?
Speaker 3: I want to be an entertainer, like I want to be I want to be known by everyone and known by no one at the same time. You know, it's that's just it's just it comes up to me as like the prime of confidence, the prime of self esteem, I guess is you being able to put yourself in front of all these people without any any worries about it because you know that you're you're doing something for them at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: That's what I would you have to you got to understand. And you know this for saying the comedians and musicians are some of the most u self esteem motherfuckers out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I totally. I've seen it. I've seen it first pance. But like just being able to put on that facade just for a little bit, mm hmm, is is just what It's just so appealing to me, Like just being able to put on a mask just for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when well, when you go do the open mic, well, when you go to the Commis shows, you ever do like open mics? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I did a few because my friend was running it, and I don't know. I I just I don't know. If I'm not good at writing material, I'm kind of a funnier person on you know, on off a dime. But I mean, obviously anything that I practiced with I'll get better at. But it's just I don't know. I feel like a lot of people just have an inherent talent for it, and uh, it's kind of discouraging when I don't see that out of myself.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, there's a there's a lot going on here. But uh, I when's the next time You've been in your house for five days? You haven't gone out, you haven't spoken to anyone.
Speaker 3: Or just like, I mean, it's probably it hasn't been like maybe it may have been like maybe two or three days, probably not five days.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well are you would you be willing to go out again?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: What's today, Thursday, tomorrow's Friday night? Would you be willing to go out again and try again? But this time just make it a point of like nothing of like I'm gonna do it, but I'm not. I'm at least this time, I'm not gonna get fucked up. Yeah, but I'm not gonna give it to and I'm not gonna give into my impulses and I'm gonna see what happens.
Speaker 3: That's hard, but yeah, I can try to make a promise to myself.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, because yeah, all you need is I mean, if you're so like, you're so close. That's the thing is, it's just so close, you know. And all you need is like like a little bit of evidence that like, oh, okay, this idea that I need to buy people things to get them to like me is is all in my head. Let me get a little bit of evidence that that this is all in my head. And I don't know if I don't know if fixing uh whatever trauma and uh, you know, a mental wiring is is as easy as that. But it seems like a good place to start, Like let me just go out make a friend at night, start talking to someone, which I know I can do because I know I'm a sociable, cool person. And let me do it without alcohol because the alcohol, you know, obviously, yeah alcohol makes you a little bit more confident, but but you don't but you don't need it. That's that's it. That shit's within you, you know. So so I guess if there's any homework from this phone call, it's like, go out, go out, do your thing, but just try not to get fucked up and trying not to buy anyone, you know, cocaine or movie tickets.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll try my best.
Speaker 1: What's your nick, ji Ji? Is there anything else, like any other aspect of this that you want to talk about, or any anything else you wanted to run buy me or any any any other any stuff before we go?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. The other thing that I said in my text mesice to you was because I think all this kind of like, uh sparked up because I electrocuted myself at school, nearly burnt the school down, and I think ever since then, like it's just kind of like I guess rewired my brain a little bit. I feel like if I hadn't done that, I would have been like a normal sociable human being.
Speaker 1: But wait, do you feel like because you burned the school down?
Speaker 3: You No, I didn't actually burn it down. I cause an I caused an electrical fire. I nearly burned the school down, but UH didn't.
Speaker 2: So but I.
Speaker 3: Was in probably two thousand and six, So you feel like that.
Speaker 1: And you feel like that's still as as what about that? Do you feel like it's still lingering today?
Speaker 3: The faring to my nerves? I don't know, I had, I had electrical current shot through my body and I brought out the power in the entire school for maybe like six hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like and it gave and you feel like that gave you like reverse superpowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it kind of like made me a little r worded just a little bit. It kind of doled me down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well.
Speaker 3: You know when you you know, when people go to conversion camps like shock the gay out. I feel like it shocked the sociability out of me. Ever since then, I've just been kind of stupid interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, well, look that's not true, right like you, It's not It's not fucking true. Giy, this is not fucking true. I don't know. I'm not Andrew Huerman. I don't know how things work in the body. But but that's not true. So got go Tomorrow's Friday night. Go out, don't get fucked up, don't buy anyone any fucking things, and just just see see how you feel just just talking to people, no attachments.
Speaker 3: I'll turn up respectfully, I'll try my best.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Ji?
Speaker 3: He should love have a wonder full day. You can find me on Instagram at T tests. Love you so much. Thank you guys for listening.
Speaker 4: P test t t e E p e F no tests, but like test oh P.
Speaker 1: Pests Yes, p E E T e s t F. That's actually kind of a cool Instagram name. Thank you for calling j gat Blessed you have a the rest of the night. That was interesting. Hm, I hope she does it. It's funny. I talked to her for a pretty long time. We talked for like thirty five minutes, and uh, sometimes I do I did feel at the end of that call that it started with we we went through that whole problem, and I do think I kind of just ended it by saying, well, hey, why don't you just not do that? And it's like, yeah, thanks by that's fantastic advice from the therapy gecko. But I don't know, hopefully that was helpful in some way, shape or form. Yeah, I felt with her like all this like everything was there, like she she had an awareness of like who she was and and the positive qualities that she had, but there was just some fucking mental block And I don't know with doing these with with having these conversations and doing these things. There's just a lot of things where I'm like, I don't know how to how to overcome that thing. But whatever, I hope that that that brief call with a gecko was helpful in some way shape or form. Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Dog? What's up?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Seth?
Speaker 1: Seth? Seth? How can I get you today?
Speaker 2: No fucking way. I've got a big issue going on right now.
Speaker 1: Let's hear about it. Let's see, let's let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: I love one girl for who she is and another for who she is, but for what she's got.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me more.
Speaker 2: One girl works for FedEx with me. Another one works for Warner Brothers Studios in makes is going to make a lot of money. Okay, I don't know who to choose.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you meet? Tell me how you met these girls?
Speaker 2: Facebook? Uh?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Uh? Facebook? Dating and friendship?
Speaker 1: Okay? When when you meet a woman on Facebook who tells you that she has a lot of money, well you have to verify whether or not she's a real human being.
Speaker 2: Right, And I did. I made her verify where she works because being where I live, working for Warner Brothers. Seems fucking impossible.
Speaker 1: Have you met these two women in person?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yes?
Speaker 1: I feel like that should be a simple answer, no question, yes and.
Speaker 2: Other stuff.
Speaker 1: What do you I just asked if you had Have you met these two girls in person?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I did ask if you had sex with them?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, okay? Are you are you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What's what's the story with that? How long have you been like?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Do they know about each other?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right? How long have you been involved with each of them?
Speaker 2: Uh? Two three months?
Speaker 1: Okay? And both are they are? And both of them? How do they Okay, so they both know about each other? How do they feel about the existence of each other in your lives?
Speaker 2: Negative? Okay, one feels better than the other.
Speaker 1: Okay. And so you're asking me which of these girls you should go with based on like one of them makes a lot of money?
Speaker 2: No, which one I should really go just go with?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well?
Speaker 2: Which I love both of them?
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 2: One of them is more comfortable, one room provides more luxury.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to get this. If I if I were you, I wouldn't factor how much money either of these women make into your decision unless that's just always been your dream to be a trophy husband.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's more I've been the one always doing a lot of ship, the cooking, the cleaning everything. One has her issues, doesn't have her kids. One has her kids and likes to do the cooking and cleaning.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me ask you this. If you're gonna be, if you're gonna be, uh, the sugar, the trophy husband to this multimillion dollar Warner Brothers executive, what what are you going to bring to the table that's gonna make her want to spoil you?
Speaker 2: That's the exact question I asked myself, because she says, you don't have to do anything, just be yourself.
Speaker 1: Are you a cool guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The reason why she says she loves me is because I am who I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know this one for three months and you guys are already in love.
Speaker 2: I'm in love with both of them and you've.
Speaker 1: Known both of them three months? Yeah, Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you both love me for who I am?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Congratulations? Not many people can say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but one is also talking to another guy, the other one that's not well off, and it sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm very confused. I'm I still want to get to the bottom of why you are so in intrigued with how much money this woman makes.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I loved her for who she was when we started talking. I started talking to one that was supposed to be a friend, and then she confessed her love to me while I was talking to this girl that was supposed to be doing and I confessed my love back, and I became an argument, and I stepped talking to this other girl for five days and we sorry what We had sex every day and then I ended it when this other girl, or sorry the other girl goes Hey, So my boss decides to surprise me with a free trip to the Bahamas because she whispered what broa mm hmm, and then I it's sorry. I did ask for proof, and she provided me with every little bit of proof, and we are going to the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: You asked her for proof that she works at Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean where I live, that's unheard of.
Speaker 1: Where do you live? What state?
Speaker 2: Iowa?
Speaker 1: Iowa? You asked her for like you said, I don't like. She said she works for Warner Brothers, And you said, I don't believe you send me an email from your Warner Brothers address.
Speaker 2: Uh, sort of. I wanted proof that she worked for Warner Brothers because why where we live something like that isn't a job here, okay? And I didn't believe her, So I was like, well, I want proof that you actually do work for one Brothers. And she sent me her past coode information.
Speaker 1: She sent you her past code information.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Is that sensitive information.
Speaker 2: To a point, but it's not enough to get her in trouble. What do you do? I work for FedEx?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Is the plan to marry this woman and quit your job and be like a house husband.
Speaker 2: That's what she tells me she wants me to be.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I mean great, I've met her kids, I met her.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, I mean it's I mean, look, it really sounds it really sounds like you want to go with the woman who makes more money.
Speaker 2: In a way, but there's a huge difference between the two of them.
Speaker 3: What is that.
Speaker 2: She likes to cook and clean and be a housewife and that's something I've never had, like happiness. Like I said, I've been the one to.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute. So this, This woman, the cooking woman wants to This woman wants to cook and clean for you and be the sole income owner of the house as well, while you literally do nothing.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's not it. I like a woman that wants to help cook and clean. I've always cooked and clean. I want to share that and do both at the same time. I mean, have you ever been the one in a relationship to always cook and clean everything up?
Speaker 1: So you want to share the cooking and cleaning with her while she makes all of the money. No, what's your idea? What's what's what's your name again, Seth, Seth, Seth? What's your ideal situation here?
Speaker 2: Happiness?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's gonna make you the most happy?
Speaker 2: Enjoying life with someone?
Speaker 1: Okay? Which of these women do you think you're gonna enjoy life with more?
Speaker 2: The other one? Because I mean, I told the story about the other girl.
Speaker 1: You haven't told the story. What's the story?
Speaker 2: So she okay, both of them has three kids, one has all three, one doesn't. The other one that works kind of with me since we're both FedEx people. She lost her kids due to a lot of bad things. I'm not gonna tell her story. Right here. She had to Forcelly kind of give up her rights to her kids, okay, for their safety. Okay, the other one didn't, so there's limited time that she can spend with her kids. The other one has her kids.
Speaker 1: This, uh, Facebook dating sounds exactly like the place that I anticipated would be.
Speaker 2: Horrible.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say anything further than that. Well, all right, man, I mean, god, damn, I asked you this question and you answered it immediately, so you know you don't need my help. Go with your gut.
Speaker 3: I mean, so.
Speaker 2: This girl, I was saying both of them at the same time for a month and a half.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I ended it with one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, which you already ended it with one of these girls.
Speaker 2: This sort of space, Well, we don't. Well. One of the one I ended it with asked me to come over one night, and I was like, all right, fuck it. I was drunk, but then I said, we can't do this again.
Speaker 1: Dude, listen, okay, and and h I don't know which I don't know, first of all, don't know if. I don't know if either of these two women are real. I don't actually know if you're real. And if this is some kind of AI generated Facebook dating advertisements. But if I were if I were, if I were you, if I were you, I would I mean would just pick something and dive into it. Because the longer you spend sitting on the fence and uh, you know, postulating about these two, you're just gonna waste time. And I don't I don't know. This whole thing is super Uh it's kind of weird to me. But you know, do whatever makes you happy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I know that that's a platitude, but it sounds as though, again when I asked you how you felt, you had a gut reaction. So I mean, if I were you, I would go with that gut reaction.
Speaker 2: That that's what I plan going with. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But also, I mean, think about all the things that you can do with with this woman's money and with her influence too, because I was going to say, you should, uh, you should ask her if she's going to make the next Batman movie not suck, because I walked out of the to let her know that. Yeah, I walked out of the first one.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping that she didn't have that much influence. She has a little bit.
Speaker 1: What's your Name's what's your name one more time, Seth, Seth, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Go watch Akaman two? Because that helps her revenue.
Speaker 1: That helps her revenue, and it also uh trickles down to you apparently. Yeah, take care, Seth, thanks for calling. Hey, thank you, folks. Go sign up for Facebook Dating. Use the coupon use the code SETH for ten percent off super Likes Facebook Dating super Likes. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes. They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 3: I'm a free I just got a suit.
Speaker 5: It's like a head and the tail and I'm very proud of it.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, Frost, let's get into it. How's the crazy monkey suit? Sex? That's what everyone wants to know.
Speaker 5: I don't want to sweat too much in it, you know, because I want to keep it nice. But once I get a few more suits, I'll probably delegate one for the hot steaming.
Speaker 1: So you are trying to get to the point where you have a few monkey suits and one of them is specifically for sex. Yeah, just a few, you know, that's a good idea. I should, I should. I should set aside one of my Gecko suits for that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but you only have one though, right dude?
Speaker 1: When you said oh yeah, just now, you kind of slipped into a little I don't even know what that was, but it was something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is that good?
Speaker 1: Well? Anyway, if you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say.
Speaker 3: On the line making nine.
Speaker 5: Goes he's teaching you loud in the movie line, it's not
Speaker 1: Really an expert