Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star in Frisco, and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is January twenty first, twenty twenty five, and we are officially ninety three days away from the NFL Draft in Green.
Speaker 3: Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Welcome into the Draft Show presented by Miller Light. We've got Zach Wolchuck, Bryan brought us, Tommy Yarsh, Bobby belt On, Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: We're excited to get rocking this week because we.
Speaker 2: Are now in the final countdown to All Star Games. You've got the Shrine Game coming up this week, You've got the Senior Bowl next week. Why you Chucklinzachly, I.
Speaker 4: Just feel like we're doing this. Chris Collins were a slide thing with that. We're staring at a camera though, Bryan and I are flipping back around. It's like, whoa, it's the sliding moment. It's just it is a bit awkward, but we're doing the best we can.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 6: Remember we're guests here. Okay, whatever they ask us to do.
Speaker 3: We do. Hey, I'll get coffee for you.
Speaker 7: They tell you to take your shoes off at the front door, whatever you do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, absolutely, just don't take them off in here, please, that's don't worry. Don't do that. Yeah, we've had some some episodes in the past. No no, no, yeah, so now turn back that way. Just look back at the camera and that's just turned back this way, and then it's all good to go. It's all ready to rock. See that's easy.
Speaker 3: That's like really good that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it was. Yeah, your eye discipline, they all really good.
Speaker 2: Change of direction.
Speaker 4: Definitely lacked the long speed, but the explosive first step quickness is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach woldschup. Explosive is what I've had all the way through.
Speaker 3: That's the first one I've ever heard that in my life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whatever, All right, going into this week, cowboys still without a head coach, still without a staff, and uh yet we've got shrine bul practices in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex starting in Denton on Saturday. Brian, I mean, there's a lot of intrigue around what direction the Cowboys are going to go. Uh, just kind of give us an outline of where they're at on this point.
Speaker 3: What is the coach from the draft standpoint? Oh, from the draft.
Speaker 6: Mark, No, I mean, like you said, we've we've kind of talked about how you know, you get the scouts back together, you have cross checks. We talked about player nine that potentially could be a guy that maybe doesn't fit. You need to figure out, Okay, who are the coaches they're interviewing. Front office is it's going to let you like listen and we're leaning this way. If he takes a job, this is the kind of stuff we're going to have to deal with.
Speaker 3: So you just got to be ready.
Speaker 6: You're really kind of on alert right now, and it's really everything is going forward. You're still evaluating players, you're doing your cross checks, you're putting your list together. Uh, you're just kind of making a plan for them. When this switch flips, then you've got to be ready to go with the players and have them. These players that I'm talking about player nine are players that have already been evaluated, but they've been given the designation of they're not our type, but now they might become our type. So reports are done that way. You just have to make sure that those guys get integrated into the system and if anybody has that a grade maybe high enough to get them on the board for Jerry Steven, Uh, you know, for the new coach to be able to talk about that's what you have to make sure that you're doing right now. So it's really everything full board we've got. We've actually didn't they play a Polynesian the Polynesian All.
Speaker 3: Star Games, Yeah, the Hula Bowl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So there's there's scouts out there actually hitting these All Star games as well any any place that they're playing football and taking heights and weights and stuff like that. These guys are out there doing it. So uh, nothing has changed from that aspect of it all. But just like the you're just a little bit anxious about, Okay, is it going to be a coach that we're familiar with or is it a coach from the outside. It appear to me though you're kind of talking about some guys that maybe you're more familiar with that maybe you have an idea of how those guys will scout with you.
Speaker 2: And a couple of those names, I mean, one of them was interviewed this past week and Kellen Moore, the current offensive coordinator with the Eagles. You might have to wait a little bit for that one, depending on how they do in the NFC title game. Another one that's kind of gotten some recent steam Bobby is Brian Schottenheimer within the building offensive coordinator past week. Does that change a whole lot from a draft standpoint if he's the coach?
Speaker 7: I mean, obviously, if you've got it. I think the two big candidates we keep hearing a ton about right now, or you know, they've interviewed Kellen Moore, They've got Brian Schottenheimer here already. So this scouting department has worked with both of those coaches back for so there's an understanding there. The other thing I think is it's the famous Bill Parcells. You know, if I'm gonna cook dinner, you got to let me buy the groceries. Not every coach is that way, but the reality of it is, I think these scouts know, Okay, fine, we're gonna do our work, We're gonna put in our we're gonna we're gonna do our evaluations everything else. Like that. When the coach gets in here and tells us, hey, I need an onion, I need a tomato, I need that. Then what Then those scouts go, Okay, I've already evaluated. Where's it? Where's the season eight? Over here? Where's the paprika? All right? I can get you that. I can get you. I'm gonna go through my evaluations and when you tell me what you want, I'll tell you all right, here are the guys. Then, these are the guys that fit what you're asking me.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you a question, Bobby.
Speaker 6: And you're really plugged in on all these stuff with scouts, coaches and all that. How much do you think these scouts want a coach that is going to roll up sleeves and get involved or do they want a coach that is going to let them bring players to them? Like I wish to tell coaches, listen, I don't call third down defenses, but I could find you a guy that could stop somebody on third down.
Speaker 3: So how involved?
Speaker 6: As you know this group very very well, how much do you think they want a hands on coach as opposed to a coach that's gonna let them cook?
Speaker 7: I think they. I think in general, most personnel people across the league that I've talked to, they all want coaches who are involved. They want coaches who are gonna, you know, hey, go do the work.
Speaker 6: But how about the guy that walks in and and and undoes ten months of work like an opinion or a phone call?
Speaker 7: Do you do you want somebody who gets dropped in on the process and goes like, well, I'm gonna go to war with you on this player right now. No, but like it's it's easier. Like for instance, we always heard everybody in this building universally loved dan Quinn. Dan Quinn would always go put in the work. I don't think dan Quinn was ever gonna be a bully with his opinion or anything else, but there there was a respect factor there of just okay, well, well Dan seeing these guys he was at.
Speaker 2: The combine, he was pro There's a difference between actually going boots on the ground.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna work a player and he was going to see a play and stad like him.
Speaker 7: And he was And Will McLay does a fantastic job of Hey, coaches, communicate the type of things that you like and the type of things you want. Make that clear to the staff here, and then the staff is going to use their talent and their their you know, evaluation abilities to go find all right, you want a receiver who who's really to the change of direction? All right, well, well my guy will go find it for you. Just make sure you're clear about what you need, what you need, and I'll go in there do it. But I think, yeah, there's definitely a respect factor. They're just put in the work. I think Brian Schttenheimer is a guy who's considered too. He puts in the work with us, and he goes on pro day trips and he's involved and respects what we do, and we respect what he does. And it's a nice blending.
Speaker 6: That's I appreciate that about Jason Garrett because this old man being a scout. Sure, you know, I never got to scout with Jason, but I would appreciate a guy like that. It's a coach working and working in the building with somebody that respected the scouts. I think the scouts respect the coaches. I don't think they always get along. I mean, I've been in places where coaches and scouts don't always get along, and that's kind of a tough way to operate. But you're going to disagree on players. The only problem I had with the coach was don't come in here and watch two games and tell me.
Speaker 3: About this player.
Speaker 6: You know, if you're going to study the player, if you're going to I remember with Drew Henson when way back in the day, Sean Payton still up there and told the group with Bill Parcells, Jerry Jones, this guy can't play. Sean really studied him. Sean went through it, Sean went through the process. The scouts fought him on that. But that's where I really started respecting coaches is their ability. Andy Reid was the same way, John Gruden, the same way these coaches that work there's will's got to know the coaches that can scout and the ones that can't scout. That's that's the really the key here is he gets his staff together. He needs to figure out very quickly who can do personnel stuff and who can't. You don't want the ones who can't do personnel to ruin it for the scouts who were going out there and living on the road.
Speaker 7: Which coach was the worst scout you ever.
Speaker 3: Worked to a name?
Speaker 7: And still they just like, yeah.
Speaker 6: I just remember meetings. I just remember meetings that where you would sit there and like if Andy Reid had an opinion, if Andy Reid had an opinion. I remember Ron Wolf, the Hall of Fame general manager, would go, Okay, let's move that, let's adjust like that. In the offensive line, it was a lot different. Didn't have didn't maybe move the board like we did. We're supposed to. You have to prove that you can evaluate. Don't go in there and screw the scouts up. Mike Zimmer and I went at it one time. You know, one day Mike Zimmer's fighting for a guy and the next day he doesn't fight his hard. I said, you're effing up the scouts right now. You can't do that.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna fight, go fight, but don't don't flip flop, you know, and you're messing up the scouts.
Speaker 2: That's probably why he was five and twenty eight as a head coach back in the past.
Speaker 6: Oh he was, you know, he hes our offensive line coach with Green Bay Packers, won.
Speaker 3: A Super Bowl with the guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but but Tom Levatt was not a very good evaluated the pick.
Speaker 7: Larry Allen.
Speaker 6: Nah, the doctors told us that, and I and Ron Wolf reminded our team doctor doctor McKenzie. Every week, Hey, when we play the Cowboys, see that number seventy three. He's going to kick our ass today. They see you know that guy that you failed is going to kick our ass.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 2: Anytime we can dig deep into Brian's past and have him Like you said, C four Bridge, I'm always.
Speaker 7: For Oh gosh, on time, Michael Irvin came up and he went. We drafted Terrell Buckley. We never should have done that. He was so short. We couldn't use some of it. He gets like regret. Would you ask him?
Speaker 6: Troy Vincent, Troy Vinson was actually a better player when you play. When you play in a cold weather city and you draft a player from Florida State, it's a different. Living in Green Bays different. Troy Vincent went to school at Wisconsin. They weren't any good, but Troy Vincent was a better player because he was bigger, he was tougher, and he was used to playing in cold weather. Think about that when your scout, think about who you're drafting and how it's going to affect that. That quarterback at Buffalo perfect, He's perfect for Buffalo craft. He played with the Laramie Wyoming Trust me, I've been there. I got my ass kicked there War Memorial Stadium. Yeah, trust me that that right there is perfect conditions for him to be great in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons why you should have picked it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Last night, the college football season officially came to a closed Notre Dame and Ohio State meeting in the National Championship Game. Congrats to the Buckeyes getting done thirty four to twenty three the final score. They pretty much dominated that whole game. Notre Dame did what they could to get back in it, but there was a lot of NFL draft talent on display in that game. Tommy, you wrote an article on Dallas Cowboys dot Com that's up right now if you want to go read it about some of those exciting different individuals, different draft prospects that were on display. Did any of them stick out to you Before we get in to a little bit of vier at that, I want to go Mono Emano with these draft prospects.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, Ohio State, from top to bottom I think is littered with draft talent. I mean, you heard all the talk coming into college football this year. This is a twenty million dollar roster and all that, and they got so many of their guys who would have been top draft prospects last year to return, and I think that was really big for.
Speaker 3: Them, the whole damn defensive line. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: And speaking of the defensive line, that's what I talked about. TYLERK Williams, the big defensive tackle there in the middle, I thought, had a pretty good game. He was the guy where I was talking with Nick Harris about him. At first, I was like, I don't know if I'm sold on this TYLERK. Williams kid and the college football playoff, He's completely changed my mind. Really powerful in there on the inside. Great plug, welcome to the good side. Yeah, great plug and up space against the run, and he did a good job of just collapsing the pocket I think to close out the season two and then they've got the pair of edge rushers and Jack Sawyer and JT. T really really talented guys there. But I know a lot of the talk has been on the offensive side of the ball for Ohio State. I've obviously got that freak show and Jeremiah Smith. He's not draft eligible until twenty twenty seven, so that leaves you with Quinn Shawn Judkins, Trevion Henderson and a Mecho Buca. Three guys that I talked about. Judkins six touchdowns in the last four games the season. In the College Football Playoff, he played really well Henderson. You know, they kind of have that thunder and lightning to him. I think are sonic and knuckles is what it was in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 8: Judkins is that physical, finished through contact, get through a couple of guys on the ends, and we saw him do it last night. But he doesn't have that explosive speed to finish big runs. And he had a seventy yard last time he got caught. Should have been a touchdown, but he got he got hawked down from the end. And then Henderson is the exact opposite you saw against Texas when he shattered my heart into a million pieces at the end of the first half, caught a screen pass and went seventy five yards to the house. So a lot of interesting things there. And then a guy who I think is one of the better route runners in this class and a mecha Buca kind of has always been that second option at his time at Ohio State. You think of the guys in front of him, JSN Garrett Wilson, Marvin Harrison junior, and now it's Jeremiah Smith, but just very savvy in his routes, does a good job in zone coverage of finding the gaps and getting up quarterbacks. So a lot of really intriguing guys.
Speaker 3: Had a big last night.
Speaker 8: Big fumble, Yeah, they changed the course of the game. But also just a really good play by Notre Dame Punch.
Speaker 6: So with all those get their offensive lineman too. By the way, Simmons Jackson.
Speaker 8: We could talk about their roster for thirty more.
Speaker 6: Jackson, the fact that he, yeah, the fact that he moved from guard out to tackle when they had all the injuries to Simmons and stuff like that. So you know, I thought maybe that that was going to be a little bit of a liability. But man, I'll tell you what, Jackson Simmons is still the tackle, is still my favorite tackle on the board. But we need to see doctor Cooper. You know, medical has to improve. But Donovan Jackson did a hell of a job. You watch the Oregon games, the Texas game, stuff like that. This kid played very very well.
Speaker 4: Denzel Burke the corner had himself a really good game. And that's somebody who is freshman year. What was really really high and on the radar, and I think now might be a day too early day three pick, depending on where you're looking at him. But Denzel Burke I thought played a really strong game last night as well, and he struggled.
Speaker 8: He's had his fair share of struggles then yeah too, so good way to close out the air. And I know Nick and I have been on the Davis and Igbuenosan train's physical and very well.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he's he can get a hobby.
Speaker 8: He has nineteen penalties this season, so the train is screeching a little bit. But at some points too. I kind of like that with corners. Yeah, where they're physical because you can you can teach them to be better about the penalties, but if it gets to be an excessive issue, that's that's when it's a problem. So that's my biggest question mark on Edwinolson. But like you said, there's some stuff to like there with him too.
Speaker 7: I think if you are going physical corner though, like it better be like like Dallas is a fine spot for it right now. Most defensive back coaches will tell you like I can, I can coach handsy play out of somebody it's not a quick fix. Like most defensive back coaches that I've talked to have said, like, if you're talking about a grabby corner, a little over physical, I'm gonna need a couple of years of assurances that we're going to be in a comfortable spot here. I've got time to work with this guy. If I don't have time to work with this guy last year, for instance, I don't know if al Harris wanted to work with an overly physical young corner, Like does he want to necessarily work with a guy like that and try to coach some of that out of them? They might have some cursiony. No, not Carson specifically. I'm saying some of the other corners that would have been I think they may have shied away from it. If it's like saying we don't necessarily have the time Melton, Yeah, we may not have the time to work with somebody like Melton right now. If we're talking about, hey, we need guys who can help us right now, that's going to take a little bit of time for us.
Speaker 6: Has anybody seen one Yea Thomas's brother play.
Speaker 7: I saw him. I have not watched him play out. I saw him work out there.
Speaker 6: Okay, well I'll keep I'll keep it to myself then until you guys see him playing.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you like him?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's He's like I watched him work out, but he's kind of very impressed, kind of a grabby, you know.
Speaker 6: But he could really really run. He's physically plays a lot of press coverage stuff. I talked to a team because I was curious about this. Let me let me hold on that. We'll talk about corners one day. Because I want you guys to see him. I want to be able to watch.
Speaker 7: I heard, I've heard, and I've heard a lot of really good behind the scenes stuff with him that'll be.
Speaker 3: Really in quality guy quality.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is. He is, like we'll wear a captain's patch.
Speaker 3: When he's that's exciting to hear.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: With all that being said, and kind of sticking with the National Title game theme, I've got a little this or that set up from some of the big names out of that game last night, Let's start with the running back position. Since they were so close throughout the season. The Sonic and Knuckles, as Tommy just outlined, but Traveon Henderson and quin Shawn Judkins from Ohio State. Both guys from Ohio State. Henderson wore the number thirty two, Judkins were the number one last night, Zach, do you have a preference out of the two running backs.
Speaker 4: I think Tommy you did a great job describing, Hey, you've got a breakaway home run threat in Travon Henderson who can finish runs. And then you've got quin Shon Judkins, who I do think when it comes to route running down the field as a running back might have an improved skill set over Henderson, but Henderson's also very capable in the receiving game. I like the speed of Henderson. That's why lean Henderson over Judkins. I think this team, specifically from a Cowboys lends you need that. You had Rico Dowdell, and maybe you're able to get Rico back. But Rico similar type of runner to Judkins in between the tackles, plays behind his pads, always falling forward, has the ability to get yard after contact. But to me, I watch a Trevion Henderson, I think he's got more of that grain, that game breaking element for him. Very balanced three down players, start stop quickness. I think he's a little bit more patient allowing his blocks to set up. That's something with Quinn Shawn Judkins that I think he's just a little bit too fast. He wants just ram it in there, runs behind the butt of a guard and next thing you know, maybe he leaves a little bit of meat on that bone. I think Henderson shows a little bit more patience to allow things to develop in front of him. So I leen Henderson, But Judkins is one of those guys. This dude in the red zone area short yardage, has a nose for the end zone, much like Zeke and other Ohio State Buckeye I think both are going to be good players in the next level. I mean Judkins at all Miss dude Ti duce McAllister's record with fourteenth career one hundred yard games his tape actually in twenty twenty three, I thought maybe even more impressive at Ole Miss. You watch him against Texas A and M. He absolutely dominated that game. But I kind of lean right now. For me, I like the speed of Henderson, which gives me an edge there over Judkins.
Speaker 3: Henderson in the second, Judkins in the third for me.
Speaker 2: Now, has Judkins officially declared, I know, no, he's not. So he's got until the twenty fourth with the National Championship Game deadline extension, so he could come back. He could return, but we're gonna just pretend like they're available going in.
Speaker 7: I think Judkins is a good player, but like I'm with Brian, I haven't there. I think there's definitely a gap between those two because to me, it's just not it's not only the game breaking element that exists with Henderson, but it's kind of what Zach was just talking about there. With Henderson, it's that it's the patience, it's the natural feel for running the football, and the way to set up his blocks and the way that he's able to kind of anticipate where the hole is opening up and set up defenders. I think he's really really advanced in that sense. The biggest thing with Henderson for me is just it seems like as soon as he gets contact, he's going down like that's a big Here's there's not a lot of breaking big runs after contact. It's just where he's gonna have an ability to really break something, as usually it's either just the speed getting around the corner or it's going to be just the patients of setting things up and finding traffic and weaving through it.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Yeah, real quick, he did you say Henderson contact.
Speaker 7: Problem Henderson and I don't see a lot of great contact balance, No, Henderson. I don't see a good contact bounce with Henderson at all.
Speaker 3: He had six hundred and six yards after contact.
Speaker 7: See I see like what I see him with is the way that he runs through traffic and the way that he navigates is good. I don't see a guy who breaks through very.
Speaker 3: Well average four and a half yards to carry after contact.
Speaker 2: How many broken tackles did he end up having?
Speaker 7: Let's see, that's again exactly what are we talking about? With contact or like contacts? Those are different things to me, and those are defined differently. So after contact can be as little as when you're going through an area. If you are, if you are like brushed, it's there. I don't see a guy who like fights through tackles.
Speaker 2: Let me see if I can find something on it. What do you think, Tommy about the two I think we're kind of.
Speaker 8: A group consensus here on Henderson Judkins.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of surprised. I thought, I don't think Bobby and I are in the same page second.
Speaker 7: Round, But no, we're on the same page. Terms and well, like, yeah, skill set, we love you definitely.
Speaker 8: I don't think I don't think Henderson is like Derreck Henry in terms of the ability to break through contact.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I think it's not more than serviceable, right, you.
Speaker 8: Know, I think the speed aspect of it gives him the edge over Judkins. You know, when it comes to Henderson, I think the I think it's sophomore year that he'suffered an injury and people kind of forgot about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's had some problems with that, Yeah.
Speaker 8: And that is something to keep an eye on. But he's still been extremely productive the course of his college career. He scored forty two touchdowns. He's averaged six point four yards of carry throughout his entire career. And the great thing about the pairing with Judkins is kind of some of that weight was taken off of his back this season. He had one hundred and forty four carries in the longest football season in college football history. So you know, you come in with a little bit fresher legs in this process as supposed to four straight years of being the belcow, which is what it looked like during his time in Hilo. State, So I thought he closed out the year really well. I think, like you guys mentioned that, the speed factor kind of changes things for me in terms of Henderson not the best catcher out of the backfield, but I think he can. He can get the job done. He had twenty seven catches for two hundred and eighty four yards in a touchdown this season.
Speaker 4: They're fun to watch together the way Chip Kelly used them, unselfishness between both players blocking for each other. I mean there were some times you saw Judkins kind of lead blocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for totally hours. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do think both could improve in pass protection though, But Judkins is a guy he'll kind of throw his body in there. I think Henderson chose a little bit more technical. I think Henderson's a square block. Yeah, I don't think Judkins, to me is a guy. I'm not going to call him a liability, but it's not as clean as it needs to be.
Speaker 2: Just found the mistackle numbers on both guys. Just for a comparison purpose.
Speaker 3: Let's put Bobby in a body back.
Speaker 2: So Judkins had one hundred and ninety three carries just over one thousand yards on the season. He had forty four missed tackles. So throughout the season, five and eighty seven yards after contact, Henderson had one hundred and forty five carries, so right around the same over one thousand yards, right around the same. He had thirty seven miss tackles forced, but six hundred and forty three yards after contact, So it kind.
Speaker 3: Of aligns with both. They both missed for some miss tackles.
Speaker 2: They both had some opportunities, but it looks like when Henderson was able to get touched.
Speaker 7: That's a that's the thing. When he breaking the tackle, Henderson's got speed carry it further. Judkins breaking through tackles is not going to pick up the same yard after contact. That's why it's different to me. But in general, like I don't think Henderson's just awful. I just see too often it's like, all right, Henderson goes down as soon as he's wrapped up. There's just not a lot there. It's the patients and it's the vision. It's the ability to kind of weave through things that I think is bigger check mark in his favorite rather than a genty, you know, breaking through a bunch of arm tackles.
Speaker 3: Nobody does it better than gent.
Speaker 6: I want to see what you guys, Harvey from a Central Florida fan. I haven't watched him yet break Yeah, breaking tackle with Devin Neil little bowling ball out of Kansas as well.
Speaker 4: I saw somebody throughout the Bucky Irving comp like he could be this year's Bucky Irving.
Speaker 3: I'm not against that. I do love me some Devin Neil at Kansas.
Speaker 2: Ashton Genty had more broken tackles than Judkins or Henderson having carries this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scotch, I think we're not talking.
Speaker 7: About sketty that guy. That guy's awful. We're not We're not talking to we're talking about it.
Speaker 6: We're not talking Does anybody watched Sampson from to see.
Speaker 3: I I've seen some of him. I haven't done a few a full.
Speaker 7: Time on Samson, you guys, I've not watched I've not watched a lot of players. I've not watched full game Sampson yet. I've watched cut ups on Samson. I saw Samson in person. I've not I've not watched Samson full games yet, but I I mean I liked him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I haven't watched a full evaluation to him yet, though.
Speaker 8: I watched Samson a little bit I didn't think he was as great between the tackles. Uh huh, but I saw good explosion getting on the outside and the speed. I don't know if I was the biggest fan. Maybe I need to watch a little bit more.
Speaker 2: No, if you don't like him, you don't like him. I mean, that's that's okay, Tommy. Do you think he's done better than Jalen Wright? Go and dig a grave for you know? I love Jalen Right.
Speaker 6: The thing about this guy is like that saying I he played against a lot of really good defenses and was very very productive and to me, I mean his.
Speaker 3: He had a lot of mistackles. See.
Speaker 6: The problem was I was trying to get you guys to help me with him, because you're all telling me he's not any good. I I think he's good. I still think he's good. So I'm not listening to anything you guys are going to say.
Speaker 3: She's talking about Dylan Samson.
Speaker 6: Dylan Samson, Yeah, so tom watching. I mean, okay, Tommy, what else did you say about him?
Speaker 8: I put down he's a good outside run or not as impactful between the tackles, comes out of his gaps with good explosion. Sometimes got a little bit overwhelmed and pass protection. I think he's got the.
Speaker 6: I thought he was better inside than he was outside watching him run.
Speaker 7: So I'd actually asked somebody about it's good.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, that's how you saw him. That's cool.
Speaker 7: I asked somebody about Sam's recently and I got a I got a word about Tennessee guys in general, And I don't know how you feel about this. There's apparently, at least for some people, concerned of just like all right with the josh hipel like you know, spread looks that they get and everything kind of being spread out in lighter box and stuff like that that Tennessee skill guys can sometimes be difficult evaluations that there's questions about just like how much are they just being put in position to succeed because of some of the different light boxes.
Speaker 6: Aren't they but they're like they've done more of like the are a physical team running the ball?
Speaker 7: They're physical, But I mean in terms of like the way they spread out their formations of different things. They do get lighter boxes a lot of times, and so there's questions I think about, just all right, how much is there a benefit from scheme systems set up like that. And when you look at some of the different Tennessee guys that have come out skill position wise recently, Tillman, Valen, these different guys like that, Jalen Like there's questions about how much is it tough impacting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Jalen Hyade you just saw open downfield all the time when you watched him play. But that so far has not translated in the NFL. And that might also be. Hey, he's playing for the Giants and there's a big quarterback problem there. But Jalen Hyatt so far, my evaluation was wrong on him. I had him much higher two years ago in the draft, thought, hey, top of the second round, I'd be very interested in Jalen Hyde.
Speaker 2: And he has not had production at the NFL level now now he hasn't really done much a whole lot. Who was the one that out of YouTube with Samson that talked about pass blocking?
Speaker 3: I did you thought about it? It was a little such he does back? No, No, he does.
Speaker 6: He's absolutely right about that passlock. I'll fight him on anything else. Yeah, I mean he's right about.
Speaker 3: I bet I got a back that you haven't watched.
Speaker 4: Todge Brooks from Texas Tech's watched him, I have not watched Okay, best pass blocking back in the draft. He's also lateral ability through the roof.
Speaker 3: And we'll get to see if the East West shrine ball todge Brooks.
Speaker 4: If you want a guy, if you want to wait till day three, maybe even yeah, sign me up for todge Brooks from Texas Tech. Now that's also got not a burner kind of rico doubt less. Right, he's not going to beat anybody with his long speed, but super productive three down player. He didn't come off the field at Texas Tech. I think he played like ninety five percent of their offensive snaps. I think he broke all their like rushing rerecord. Yeah, the work, he is fantastic.
Speaker 2: The gosh, who's the guy that was Denver running back a couple of years ago? Real wide cat Philip Lindsay.
Speaker 7: No Williams.
Speaker 2: Maybe he it was wide running back who his best traits are going side to side Monty ball and then hit it. Yes, Monty ball, That's what I'm taking. Okay, that's who I like. I like that guy. That is who whenever I see todge Brooks, that's who I remind reminds me.
Speaker 3: Of hits the gap. Well, he waits for blocks to develop.
Speaker 4: He runs behind pack light, a big lower body, powerful runner, good.
Speaker 3: First step, but the closing speed's not there. The finishing speed he gets tracked down from behind.
Speaker 2: I liked how will Tommy outlined it with Ohio State hawked down from behind.
Speaker 3: He gets that every once in a while.
Speaker 2: But if he gets open field, you're gonna get twenty thirty yards out of him, and he's going to continue to just chip away at an offense. He needs to be in an offense that's allowing him to be a warhorse. That's where he's got. Yeah, he gets better the game goes on, Yes he does. He's a very good fun player. All right, good running back conversation. When we come back here on the Draft show, let's talk about some twitter on the twenty. Got some questions that we're going to answer from the fans. Right after this from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 10: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect Here, big news.
Speaker 2: We just dropped our very.
Speaker 10: Own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie.
Speaker 3: King we as strong.
Speaker 7: It's my recipe.
Speaker 10: Technically, we all came up with it.
Speaker 7: Kobe.
Speaker 10: I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was on to say that.
Speaker 3: Oh that that was funny. Oh honey, thank you.
Speaker 10: Anyways, kid, the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie all right.
Speaker 11: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell mary. Go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 7: At Lasercare Eye Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 11: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 2: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first style.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 12: Scot's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: Cowboys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Back You're on the Draft Show Cowboys Nation. Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. Her dedication to the team spicing up the game has her as the league representative. Vote for Amanda to be the name of the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 7: Back to Amanda, get after it, Amanda.
Speaker 9: Let's Manda, Manda, mandamand Amandash Welcome back to the Draft Show presented by Miller Light the only beer of the Cowboys, Zach Walchuck Bryan brought us, Tommy Yarish, Bobby Belt, I'm Kyle Yon.
Speaker 2: It's Chris Beam in the back is about to hit the sounder because it's time for some.
Speaker 3: Twitter on the twenty twit.
Speaker 2: There you go, Thank you guys. All right, first question, uh, what position of need will most likely most easily be addressed in free agency? What you see exactly so that you can continue to draft other positions. This comes from jam.
Speaker 6: I answered that question myself on Twitter because I knew you probably weren't gonna go to it.
Speaker 3: You didn't think I was gonna go through.
Speaker 6: I didn't think you're I reached out to the moment. If you look at Twitter, I answered the okay, here let me and that's why I asked him I said.
Speaker 3: What's what's what's free agency?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was going to go to it. Yeah, oh yeah, what's free agency? With a smiley face. It's got one hundred and eleven likes and four retweets are already there. You go, well, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 6: Honestly, they've got they've got so many. I don't think they really going to play in free agency at all. I just don't. Yeah, don't figure their their version of free agency is going to be to try and sign Lewis, to try and sign Osa, to try and sign Golston, if they fact can do that.
Speaker 7: Their their history says, if they're going to sign a position to get a veteran in here and and cover over some deficiencies, that's typically receiver. So they'll go look at James Washington, they'll go get Randall Cobb, they'll go get Brandon Cooks. So if they need a if they need something to just kind of cover their bases a little bit, receiver, it is historically been one they'll do. But in general, they they tend to go to the bargain bin and we'll sign free agentcy just about all their positions that need just to go, well, at least we have somebody there if we get shut out in the draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to me, it's it's going to be they're going to draft first and then kind of figure out what they need from there, just like I say, bottom fishing, exact exactly what they're gonna do. And they're gonna hope that they find Carl Lawson and you know, guys like that, that's.
Speaker 3: What they're gonna hope. Super exciting.
Speaker 2: Guys. Love this conversation, all right.
Speaker 3: I didn't think picked the question, That's why I answered it.
Speaker 2: Kind of along the same lines, but not at the same time. Chase on Twitter asked if you could only get three starters from this draft in your first three rounds, so rounds one through three, what position groups would you put those starters at and why if you were guaranteed a starting spot with your first three picks, what would those three position groups be?
Speaker 7: Oh, wide receivers one of them for sure for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, wide receiver, running back, defensive tackle. Yeah, I think I was thinking d tackle or.
Speaker 7: Corner, wide receiver, running back guard.
Speaker 3: You have to go second, No, I D I kind of like.
Speaker 7: What I kind of like what the skeleton crew is showing you on the offensive line at the end of the year, like I, I mean, I think that there are there is where I got more questions right now. I think if you're going to move on from from you know, if Zach Martin's going to end his career he moves on or whatever else. I think that there was some encouraging things that you saw in the interior there with Tyler brought off and Bby you've got bass linebacker. I have hope that Terrence Steele is going to be able to bounce back with a new coaching staff. That's that's my hope. And and a left tackle. I mean, look, we talked about this at the time. Tyler Goeyiton wasn't necessarily ready to go right away. That's why we were talking about the doga as a possibility. I still have hope, and I think there were enough flashes in there to me that I say I'm I'm going to bank on. I think a second year jump is reasonable at this point for Guiden. I I still think that I'm not nearly as out. Actually, I think I know there's a lot of people who have.
Speaker 3: Seen to tackle that gets pin. Fix that and you'll probably have a pretty good tackle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think a solid option as well. I liked what we saw from Austin.
Speaker 7: Swing tackle sure, so like I mean, I'm not saying it's perfect, but I do have more questions that do you have enough bodies at defensive tackle right now? Do you have enough running back? Do you have enough at receiver? So i'd probably say those three spots.
Speaker 2: You said linebacker, Brian, do you think you need a starter at linebacker?
Speaker 6: I think And there's questions about when over overshown is probably not coming back till December, right what do you have behind that right now?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: You have nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have to figure outs media foul and that's I would.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be surprised at forty four that they find a linebacker at the second round pick.
Speaker 4: If you like kid, if you hot Campbell's there, I'd be throwing a party.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if Campbell will be there, but yeah, I think that might be. You might have to go around early. These linebackers so far, I mean it's it's been a pretty thin group of the I think I've studied eighty one players so far, so I mean it would be a little bit of a that's a hard one to do, but you don't. Maybe that's where free agency. I know we were kind of just joking around with free agency, but maybe that's a position they're going to have to go out and address, you know, maybe the bottom fishing that we talk about.
Speaker 2: They did that with Eric Hendricks last year, like they went and signed a guy. Ye if they've signed some veteran linebackers in the past. What do you think your three positions.
Speaker 8: I'm with Bobby in the line of thinking on the offensive line of you know, I think that you can work with what you've got and I think, like you said, a reasonable expectation is for Tyler Guiding to be better in year two. So if that's the case, and running back, defensive tackle, and corner. For me, I think that you've got you know, deep rooms in each of in all three and kind of depending on where you take them, you can get a you know, a pretty solid player out of any of the three. I think, you know, at twelve, I would still be a fan of John A. Barron from Texas cot if that's the pick. Yeah, right, just because I think so much of this running back class that you can wait till the third round, I think to get a quality guy.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, Tommy. Last year, we said they needed a running back.
Speaker 3: Yep, and what did they do. They never took a run. They waited, they never took a right, They got wiped.
Speaker 2: Didn't even get close to it.
Speaker 6: Actually, we are we do we trust them to when we asked them to take a running back, to them to take a running back.
Speaker 8: I think in this class, yes, I think so.
Speaker 6: I thought the last year's class was pretty damn good too, you know, and they didn't take a running back.
Speaker 7: I think they got I think they get cute. No, I think that board just I don't think they anticipated quite the run in the fourth round that hit. I think they thought somebody would get to them in the fifth round and then it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: I want to trust them to take a running back years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the run two years ago, because they were really I mean, they were high on Johnson out of Texas, they were high on Charbonnay out of U. C.
Speaker 14: L A.
Speaker 3: They had some guys that.
Speaker 2: They were looking at two years ago and it just dried up on them and they weren't able to take the guy Henry ended up taking Deuce Vaughan in the sixth Yeah, that's the that's the run that I keep going back to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so if you go look at, for instance, last year, the Trey Lance pick that got traded to San Francis. In the immediate aftermath, right after that pick, the there.
Speaker 3: Was just this run by Irving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was, it was, it was I'm trying to remember what it was, was Bucky Irving, it was Grendo, and then there was one more in there. It was I can't remember Sean Lloyd, but it was so right after the pick, it was Bucky Irving. Then two picks later it was Will Shipley, then it was Ray Davis, then it was Isaac Garend. It was four running backs, and so those are four running backs who I think they would have been interested in looking at in the fifth round. And so I don't know that they totally anticipated there was going to be just a wipe like that at the end.
Speaker 4: Okay, if Ryan Schottenheimer ends up being the head coach, there's no question they they they take a running back in the first two days they do, they don't have one on the roster right now, So I mean, Enrico might have ended up playing himself into a contract that is too rich for you to be able to bring back.
Speaker 3: So you have to have a running back.
Speaker 4: And I mean looking at this class, I mean, I know we talked about Jen there's a lot of hype. Now Gent might go as high as eight to the Bears because of the Ben Johnson hiring there. Maybe he wants to go and get his Jamior Gibbs and that'd be pretty scary. So maybe it's not at twelve, but maybe it's in the second round. You're looking at is Caleb Johnson. There is a Marion Hampton, There's Trevon Henderson there, and those could be options. But I don't see them coming out of the third round and not having a running back.
Speaker 3: I hope you and Tommy are right. I do. I mean, but last year it was very clear.
Speaker 6: Do you think the fact that with Ezekiel Elliott that was their ace and the whole thing, and I remember.
Speaker 3: We talked about that on a terrible like that was a fallback option?
Speaker 7: I hope do you want do you want him to show some a little John Schneider to him and.
Speaker 3: Just John John overtrafts running backs.
Speaker 7: John Snider's gonna take a running back in the top fifty.
Speaker 6: Every year John had ten picks, and they all could be running backs. He'd be super happy.
Speaker 3: But I just like to say I would like to see them.
Speaker 6: I would like to see them put some some emphasis on this. I'm not asking them to take genty in the first yeah, but I'm asking them if he gets the second, third round, give me the Well, he's the same as uh, you know, this is this He's a lot like Rico Daddle. I don't know, man, every one of these backs I've seen, and I respect Rico Daddle, but every back that I've seen on this board, I would take over Rico Daddle. Yeah, every one of them.
Speaker 8: And if you wait till the second and you take Caleb Johnson, your set.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 8: If you if that's your second round pick.
Speaker 3: I think you're good. Yeah. Yeah, I just I don't know if they're going to do it or not. That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, Uh, there's there's they've waited too long before, and I've done I've done work with with Jeff Cavanaugh, who's a Draft Show veteran.
Speaker 3: Fan, and he he traded he traded back twice and and getting all these picks and still didn't get all the positions. Still, oh there's too many positions.
Speaker 6: That means still traded back twice and still can grab a receiver.
Speaker 3: Couldn't you know?
Speaker 2: That might answer this next question to Peter asked because of the amount of holes on the Cowboys roster.
Speaker 3: He's not the only one to asked this question.
Speaker 2: Is there a position group where you'd feel comfortable doubling up doing running back spots?
Speaker 3: Definitely feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Don't get one early, get one late?
Speaker 7: What do you consider doubling up? So typically when I hear of double dipping, I don't think of like throwing a dart at the back end of the sixth or the seventh. I think of that as just your going talent. So when I think double dip, I think you take you take a woozy A in the second, and you take Jordan Lewis and the third like they did that year. So I think more like am I taking two of the same position in the top five?
Speaker 3: I'd say through the top five? Yeah, top five rounds is pretty safe. Bet those are premium picks.
Speaker 7: For the most part, I don't know if I could two defensive linemen I could be convinced of two defense a lot. I don't know about two edge two tackles, but I could be convinced to two defensive linemen have flex and can do some different things. I might be depending on who it is. I might be convinced to take a Day one or Day two receiver. And then if there's somebody else you really like in the fifth or something like that, I could be convinced of that too. But those are the only positions that kind of stand out that.
Speaker 2: Would just leave holes elsewhere, like running back if you were going to do something like that.
Speaker 4: That's why it's so tough when you don't play in free agency, Like you've got to be able to fit this roster in some other ways. But if I'm looking at my edge in defensive tackles on the board, yeah, that's a meaty position right there. I mean you're looking first second round, like if you don't. I am an advocate for Mike Green at twelve. I don't think that's too high for him. I think he is the second best edge. I think he could be a DeMarcus ware like pro I really do. I believe in Mike Green. I would take him at twelve in a heartbeat, and I think after he goes and kills the Senior Bowl, other people are probably gonna fall suit and be like this dude's a top fifteen pick. I think at twelve that's fine, and it's a premium position. You need edge help, you need defensive ends, but defensive tackle might be a great spot in the second round. Like Harmon, I think people are very different On. I think he's a first round cals Kauaier Oregon, Oregon. But if he falls in the second round, I'd be very excited. Like Kenneth Grant super athlete. I know Michigan defensive tackles that is PTSD, But if Kenneth Grant falls to you in the second round, that's a hell of a value.
Speaker 3: Pick, right there. Is he gonna fall to you in the second round? I don't think so. I think he's too good first not with fifteen first round grades on the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean Walter Nolan, like, that's a dude, and I haven't been heard.
Speaker 3: I don't love him getting much.
Speaker 4: But in the third round, would you feel i'd feel good about in the third round?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I thought you were talking about forty four. No, he's gonna prove me way wrong. That kid will prove me way. Where's he out of old miss Yeah? Then in the A and M the Ohio State kid Williams.
Speaker 2: There was somebody who asked about Twitter on the twenty for Nolan, So, Brian, could you tell us about him a little bit?
Speaker 3: No, I can't, because I mean I can't.
Speaker 7: I mean, come on, come on. So you're saying he's third round, but you're not gonna say he's like a oh Soo Diggy Zua third round, or like Michael Gallup third round, John Cy, or like a day three Duran Glad. You're not getting those guys. You're just saying like this is a no.
Speaker 6: Transfer from Texas A and M. Two seasons with the Aggies for going to Oxford. He's done a decent job coming off the ball. There are times repeers quick and other times where he's a little slower. Good sized physician, good upper body as well as lower body mass, and the running game is strength is evident in how he can shoot his hands instantly and impact the blocker from getting off the ball. He's got a good grasp strength and he can control the offensive lineman and shed them, make a play, there's snaps, will get knocked around, some playoff balance, will get will quickly jump into gaps or slants and stunts. Has moments where he creates penetration in order to disrupt the play. Decent change of direction with the ability to adjust to the ball care as a passers who uses more power than he does quickness. Doesn't have many pass rush moves, but he will use his hands to try and push the blocker around. We'll struggle to keep his balance at times, like in the running game, he will get knocked around. Some can get to the quarterback, but will struggle to finish. Needs more consistency overall. That doesn't sound like a guy I want at forty four.
Speaker 3: I've got him in the third round.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's you know, and people are asking me and I have a chance to be really wrong about him. Him and those Texas A and M kids. Yeah, I know anybody that's played at Texas A and M. I already have a problem with.
Speaker 3: I mean, Shamar Stewart I threw in the third round too.
Speaker 4: I just didn't honestly, and I could be so wrong about Shamar Stewart from Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: But I didn't love what I saw there. I think, sorry, go ahead, No, you're good.
Speaker 8: I think you guys are wrong. On Walter Nolan, I really like this kid. I put quick and powerful. He's hard to block one on one as a knack for getting into the backfield, can kind of blow up run plays, collapse the pocket like we've talked about some guys earlier, kind of throws guys off of him sometimes. Sure, and but Brian didn't make a good point where there's there's some reps where I watch where he gets that initial push but then kind of gets knocked around, he doesn't drive his legs forward, gets cursed back as a result. I've got him in front of Kenneth Grant. I think he's the second best tackle so and that's and that's that's a compliment to Grant too, because I really like Grant. I think that you know what he can do at six three three and thirty nine pounds. I know that there's the trauma about the defensive tackles from mission.
Speaker 3: Both of these guys are really just.
Speaker 6: Throw it out the win. So Tommy, can I ask what games you watch? Did you put down what games you watched?
Speaker 3: Bunny?
Speaker 8: I watched a couple I didn't watch that didn't put down the exact ones that I've watched, but I watched a couple from his time at A and M and a couple from at Miss Okay.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: When Brian's outlining the cons to Nolan and what he brings, what doesn't give you that same pause? Why do you still put him as high as you do.
Speaker 8: I just think that his size, like Brian was talking about his upper body and how big he is up there and how athletic he can be with that frame, that's really attractive to me. I think that you want to see more of the motor on every snap from him, and those places where he doesn't just kind of I don't want to say give up on it mid play, but just kind of get pushed back after he gets good initial push. But I think I just think that there's a lot to like there and he can get after the pastor on like a delayed pass rush. We've seen that kind of increase in the NFL last couple of years. A good enough athlete to do that and has enough power to, like I mentioned, throw guys off of him.
Speaker 3: But you know, I can understand why Brian thinks the way that he does.
Speaker 7: I think people are I don't know, Brian, you may see too, just from some of the buzz that exists out there, that some of the athletic testing on Nolan might make you circle back on him too and want to do more, just because I think a lot of people look at at Nolan. I think he's gonna have a lot of people buzzing just in general about what kind of an athlete he is at the possession. There's a lot of people who go like, yeah, you can mold that.
Speaker 3: That's why I was expecting more quickness from him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got Sanders from South Carolina and Norman Lott.
Speaker 3: The hyphenated name, uh was my Norman lot Tennessee, Tennessee CE. He was a transfer from Arizona State.
Speaker 2: He's a Senior Bowl guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got I've got them ahead. Is Norman going the Singer Bowl? I don't believe. So it doesn't look like it.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 8: I love Sanders from South Carolina as well.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I'm just you know, I like I say, I wanted to if you knew what games you'd watched. I was curious because I watched him play against LSU and Georgia, and that's where I got kind of my first.
Speaker 3: Initial Arkansas LSU Georgia. That's what I want you watch all right?
Speaker 2: Good Twitter on the twenty questions as always out there. Well I answer some more on Thursday as well when we come back. We talked about early offensive lineman on Tuesday. Where could you get an offensive lineman in the first round? Who would you feel comfortable there? What happens if you don't go that direction and you take Ashton Danty in the like Bobby Belt wants to do. Let's do it and talk about it here in the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 14: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 14: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center they got me back on my game.
Speaker 15: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect. Here, big news.
Speaker 10: We just dropped our very own dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong, it's my recipe. Technically, we all came up with it.
Speaker 7: Kobe.
Speaker 10: I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on who said that? Oh that was funny, funny?
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Anyways, give the dude Perfect Smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie.
Speaker 12: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: He is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft shows.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, the biggest names in tennis head to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco this February. Witness top ranked Casper Rudd and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul dazzle on the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch top players on tour compete Live. Tickets are available now at seat geek dot com.
Speaker 7: Brought us and I love Casper Rudd. Yeah yeah, love watching him.
Speaker 3: Big Casper the friendly Ghost was a little.
Speaker 7: Bit yeah yeah, that's how That's why we nicknamed him. Just the way he moves across that clack.
Speaker 2: Smooth, good change of direction like I talked about, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Clay Court, what you're saying, we played Clay Court in this thing.
Speaker 7: Just in general, that's where he's That's where he's really strong.
Speaker 3: Oh is he slow? So surfaces?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 2: Is the click slower?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, Yeah, I think it's slow.
Speaker 2: Grasses grass is fast.
Speaker 3: Grass is fast. Clay is slow. You slide to the ball, the socks get you.
Speaker 2: You don't have shoes all torn up. Man, this is what the type of analysis you.
Speaker 3: Get offensive line. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, because of the Dallas Open, the Shrine Bowl is actually taking place up at our neck of the woods. Zach Wolchuk up in the University of North Texas A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be out there tonight.
Speaker 2: Practices will be up there on the starting on Saturday, and then we've got the h the actual bowl game at AT and T Stadium next Thursday. We're right here, everybody, We're right here. Plus uh, Tommy and I will be flying out to Mobile on Monday, so we'll be out there the whole week for for singa bowl.
Speaker 6: Uh getting Tommy's going to carry you that trip.
Speaker 3: Thank God, about time. We haven't been in a couple of years. And that's probably why they needed somebody to baby sit. Maybe his bad and then you're gonna carry my bags Tommy. Tommy's already prout donuts rookie party. I mean that's true.
Speaker 7: Bron Briant's just gonna be angry and and he's gonna be upset because he doesn't get to go to Senior Bowl or Combine. He's upset.
Speaker 3: It was upsetting.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him.
Speaker 7: We're gonna we're gonna bring you with us to the morning show next year.
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 7: We're gonna make sure you're switched off.
Speaker 3: We need to have a show switch here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys can go do baseball. We'll do the combine.
Speaker 2: There you go, no off.
Speaker 3: But he got on offense.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I got two dudes for you.
Speaker 2: These are not Day one offensive lineup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I think well, one of them might end up being pushed up because there's not a ton of great tackles. But I think they're both second round guys. I'll start. You want guard or tackle first, I'll go guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wyatt Milem out of West Virginia. When we're looking for clean players in this draft, he's a clean player. Started thirty two to thirty six games at WVU, thirty one in a row. Iron Mountaineer Award winner didn't allow a sack or quarterback hit his junior season. Started eight games at right tackle as a freshman before moving to left tackle. So he's got that versus along the offensive line. He was a super high recruit coming out of West Virginia. Finishes blocks, he plays mean, really seems to understand the position. In my opinion, smooth lateral movement sinks his hips, plays with good pad level. You know, he's a guy that does play with two big old braces.
Speaker 3: On the knees.
Speaker 4: But I think now watching these offensive linemen, they're all playing with braces, so I'm not as scared by that. I think he can play tackle if he need him to at the next level. But I like him inside working in a phone booth. The combo blocks can be mean, working with a center, the tackle, the consistency there, I think that's something that lacks with a lot of these offensive linemen that you're watching this year. I don't have that question with Wyatt Milam, and I like the meanness in which he plays with big fan of him six six, three seventeen out of the West Virginia.
Speaker 3: I would take him and feel very good about it.
Speaker 4: But you're probably getting a guard if you want to tackle Arianta Ursery from Minnesota. Okay, he is all right, but I thought against Abdul CARTERI held his own so early on in that game. He's fighting for his life in pass protection. But he did a really good job. I thought of adjusting. He's able to move off the ball, drive him in the run game. I think he adjusted well to kick him wide to the quarterback and pass bro as the game goes on. But it's the physicalness in which he plays with, and he's got long, long arms. He's inconsistent with his hands, needs to get better there, and he can get sloppy with his technique, gets off balance.
Speaker 3: He had played football since I mean he only played football his junior year.
Speaker 4: Right right three year starter started the final thirty eight games of his career at left tackle.
Speaker 3: But you're right, he only started his junior year there.
Speaker 4: And he also track and field guy, shot put, discus, javelin. So he is a strong, powerful, mean streak. And that's probably the thing that I like about both these guys. They're nasty, they're people movers, right, I'm gonna knock you out off the football, and I'm gonna knock your nose in the dirt.
Speaker 3: And I like that for my offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Nursery and mylem would be two guys I'd be very excited about in the second round.
Speaker 2: So you want you want Milam to move to guard right short, I like both of those opportunities.
Speaker 3: I think he could play tackle.
Speaker 2: I like him better as a guard to when we were watching Zach Frasier last year. You remember him the center who was just a road greater nail eater. I remember looking across and being like, man, who's this guy next to him? Just a couple spots down that's wearing the number seventy four, Like, who is this guy? And it was it was why a mile? And I agree with the strength. I think his pad level gets a little high at times. He kind of gets over the top a bit coming out of his stance, but for the most.
Speaker 3: Part, strong lower body, road greater as well.
Speaker 2: They ran the ball super well this year at West Virginia, really well, and I think he's more part of the reason.
Speaker 3: Why and the versatility he showed throughout his year.
Speaker 2: His years up in Morgantown certainly work out in the favor.
Speaker 3: Tommy, Who you got?
Speaker 8: I got Luke Candra guard from Cincinnati, six four three and twenty three pounds, spent his last two years. They are transferred from Louisville. This guy is an iron man. He played almost seventeen hundred snaps in his last two seasons with Cincinnati, did not give up a sack in twenty twenty four. He's more technically savvy than he is just a straight power guy. But I think in the right scheme he can be a really good plug in. Played primarily right guard, but I think he can slip in anywhere on the interior and give you something in the late you know, maybe late day two or early day three. Kind of a value pick there. So give me Luke Candra Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Okay, six foot four three, twenty three Cincinnati native too went yeah, went back home.
Speaker 3: You got anybody, Brian, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've got a couple of guys here that I really really like. I think I talked about Charles Grant from William and Mary last time I did this thing, But I want to I want to focus on another guy here, and I'm going to mess up his name because I always mess.
Speaker 3: Up these names.
Speaker 6: It's one of my favorite things to do. Ozzie Trapilo from Boston College. He's six seven three fourteen. This guy's got and this is going to kill him right here to you guys, this guy's got some Tyler Geidton in him. And I say this from watching his Oklahoma tape. But he's played a lot more games than Tyler gut And has played. He's played all the offensive line positions. He's got size, he's got linked, and he's got feet.
Speaker 2: He's a little bit of a shorter guy right only he said six seven three fourteen.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was yeah.
Speaker 6: But there's some snaps where he will bend at the waist because of how tall he is. But man, he will he will fight, and you know he loses sustained at times. But any block that involves movement, he is good to go reach block scoop blocks. He will find his way from the defender. I really do like this guy. He only has allowed two sacks and two seasons, but I think he's a really good pass blocker and he's developing as a run blocker. So but he's got some When you watch Geyton played at Oklahoma, he's got a little bit of that game to him, So keep that in mind when you're when you're taking a peek at him. And then also too, I I also one of these, uh Marcus Membo who's a guard from Purdue. He's a start and right tackle, and I think they're gonna probably have to kick him inside. He's a little bit of a smaller guy, but the athletic ability, the movement skills. Majority of his snaps are played a two point stance. Never saw him as hand on the ground, so I got to kind of keep an eye on that. But his hands are good and his feet are good, and there's some there's some snaps where he completely misses sometimes, but he'll scramble to replace everything.
Speaker 3: So I really do like him. Might lack a little.
Speaker 6: Bulk, but there's some really good toughness to his game what makes him ideal for that inside position. And I think that when you the more that he could play on the move, the better he can play.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Look, just for name purposes, Trapillo Trapillo yep, okay, is what you've got there in the bound bow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to find him as well. Yeah, Bobby, you got any names?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And this is one that I was trying to figure out early on if this is a guy that was considered. I don't have him in the first and I was trying to figure out if he was going to go on the first and I think some of what I've heard is that he sounds like he'd be more of a Day two option earlier in day two. But that's Tyler Booker, who I really like at Alabama. If you want to redo on the Osiris Torrence thing, to me, Booker is a guy like that. It's there's not a lot of great foot quickness. Athletic guys can give him some trouble at times, but you want to talk about power and somebody who can move like make space really quickly, play with a lot of power in past protection, even though he doesn't have great foot quickness, can get square, can handle guys work in that tight area. I think Tyler Booker's really impressive and a guy who, like you know, for for a guy who's a interior player and a big bullker player, he played, he's got a lot of really good length. He just doesn't have the foot quickness or the size, the nimbleness to be outside and play a tackle or anything like that. But I think on the interior, Tyler Booker would be a really good option in the second round.
Speaker 3: Player too, yeah, very real good.
Speaker 2: Do you think this team looks at the miss of Cyrus Torans at all, like like you talked about trying to redo there and go get some size.
Speaker 7: They probably don't. I don't know that. I don't think they look at it and go like because.
Speaker 2: That's I don't think it's the second time we've mentioned his name this year already.
Speaker 7: I think we probably look at it that way, or fans will look at it that way. I think the team has a tendency to say, these are our guys, these are the ones we had move. I don't know how much this team. I think they probably just think about Taco Charlton himself rather than in the context of t J Watt. I think they just think of the things that they the moves they made, rather than the ones they didn't.
Speaker 3: Uh it is just bow yeah, no, uh yeah, now due watch he's a good player, Mark bu.
Speaker 2: Buns, So there you go, Yeah, pal Buns. All right, that does it for us here on the Draft show. I hope you had some fun investigating and educating. Will be back on Thursday. To talk it through with you.
Speaker 3: Well, Tommy won't be here to argue with. No, he's here, Oh is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: I'll bring some more doughnuts. It'll be good.
Speaker 2: Don't bring the donuts delicious. Yeah, Zach Well brought us Tommy, Risch, Bobby Belt, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yellmans.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next time on the Draft Show.
Speaker 1: They've been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.