Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby the Bone.
Speaker 2: Question answer maybe maybe question, I forgot it?
Speaker 3: What's up with your finger?
Speaker 2: Fingernail?
Speaker 3: Like, I'll get it.
Speaker 2: No, let me just be honest. I'm trying not to lie.
Speaker 3: Were you about to lie?
Speaker 2: No? I wasn't about to lie, but I was about to kind of lie my finger. I have a bad hangnail. It's because I bite my fingernail, so I did rip it off it with my teeth, and that would have been misleading to go a part of my fingernail ripped off it did truth. I was holding back full truth because I bite my fingernails sometimes and I the hangnails really bad and it hurts so bad, so I need pressure on it. And my wife knows. Sometimes I'll like, you know, hold hands or whatever, sit close, whatever, But sometimes I like push my finger tips on her and She's like, your fingers hurt not they And I'm like, why because you have finger you're pushing.
Speaker 3: You need pressure on it? Any pressure on it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Interesting, But I almost lie. I caught myself. But that's when my whole make a list of lies is done. I quickly recognize if it's not a full truth. And sometimes I go along, you go like, no.
Speaker 3: That's good because that wasn't even a big lie. I don't think we would have questioned it if you.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, story, I know. But I felt to me it was a bit dishonest because knew in my head I was not gonna say that I bought my fingernails sometimes because that seems gross, because it is a gross and it's what children do, like myself. But instead I want to be like I ripped it off, maybe doing something masculine that's good for you, Like the Lion. We're trying to load, but it's not trying not to lie.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about the Lion.
Speaker 2: So here, here's what's up. We are glad that we're on doing a post show today. We had a long night last night. We'll talk about it in a second, but we're gonna do an interview. I'm gonna do an interview with the afternoon person in Atlanta, whose name is Kristin Gate on the ball and.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey Kristin, Hey Bobby, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh are you? Thanks? Thanks for talking with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for talking to me. I've got an echo on my end. No, it's gone, it's gone.
Speaker 2: It's gone.
Speaker 4: Okay, Welcome to Atlanta where the players play Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: Oh man, if I if I do the rest of that song, I sound really lamb. But I know, I know, Jermaine Depre, I know.
Speaker 3: All of it.
Speaker 2: But yes, we love playing and we love players playing. The only play on this show, though, is lunch self proclaimed.
Speaker 3: So you used to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've got everybody or just Bobby or Amy?
Speaker 2: No, you never know. I don't ever know either. They're around here. Everybody's got a microphone in front of them so they can all talk. So if you need them, we're here and ready to go.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let's do this because I feel like we're sort of doing a round of speed dating, but just as an intro into the city, maybe everybody on the show one word to describe Bobby.
Speaker 2: And go, Amy, you go where? Just let me go?
Speaker 3: Smart?
Speaker 2: What smart? You? Lunchbox? Uh?
Speaker 1: Relentless?
Speaker 2: Relent You had to give a compliment. That's tough. I know that's tough, but thank you, Eddie.
Speaker 3: Hard working hyphen it's hyphenating.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's hard working.
Speaker 3: We're working.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So now we're in the South, you could just say working.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got it. Go okay, Christy, we got that one.
Speaker 4: Say it again, Bobby, we got that one.
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I did do a little research on you, Bobby, and I realized that you what, you had a million dollar FCC.
Speaker 2: Fine, it's crazy that someone on the radio would bring that up. Yes, Kristin, not only that, you have to take a test every year with the company because of the stupidity of myself. So when you have to take that test that everybody has to take about the FCC, h you welcome?
Speaker 4: Is that really because of you?
Speaker 2: It literally is, And it's not my finest moment, But yes, I was finding a million dollars by the FCC, and uh, the FCC won't let me be And I love them now and we're all settled up and I don't want to go back to jail. So yeah, what else you want to know?
Speaker 4: Well, what I was going to say is I can relate to that because I also got sued for a million dollars for posting a Jason Aldeen picture. So I feel like we have that in common of Aldian.
Speaker 2: Doing what that's a bad one.
Speaker 4: It was when he was in California with Brittany while he was still married, and I credited the picture, but I credited to the wrong people.
Speaker 2: And so was that the one TMZ got. Yeah, you took that you were in that club?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What wow? I feel like this is like a piece of memorabilia that we're told too. That's that's awesome. So when you took the picture, were you like, that's Jason Aldean.
Speaker 4: Or were you like, no, I didn't take the picture. I needed the picture.
Speaker 2: I thought she got.
Speaker 5: I was like, wow, anything like on the website you have to have it credited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I just got excited. I thought this was like breaking news. So does she get Yeah, so did you get sued?
Speaker 4: We got, dude, But I guess it was settled. But yeah, it was the sickest I've ever been in my life because you think you're following the rules, Amy, you get this like you think you're following the rules, and then you're being the good person, the good girl, and then you find out that you're being sued for a million dollars.
Speaker 2: What did I don't know. You got a question.
Speaker 5: I think because I am the one that understood what she was actually saying.
Speaker 2: Maybe she that's true of all of us. Well, you got okay, hold on, Kristen. So whenever you did you do this with our current company iHeartRadio, I did, and so did iHeart then got sued. Do you know if they settled for any money at all.
Speaker 4: I think it's one of those things where you know those I think what I learned with that is the people that take those pictures sell them to outlets like TMZ for a couple of hundred bucks, and then they have teams of people that scroll through the Internet and when they see those pictures, then they go after those people and that's how they make their money.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that you did not. You know, maybe the company said little it much cheaper bad news as the company had to pay a million dollars of mine, real cold, hard cash. I had to deliver it myself in a briefcase.
Speaker 4: And are you really had to pay it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was paid. They wanted to. It was supposed to be like three million. It's a whole different story that I don't want to go back to jail for. But yes, a million dollars was paid.
Speaker 4: Bobby. That's like street cred down here in the South.
Speaker 2: South, Yeah, until they see me. I like, I hear stories about this guy. Oh wait, he's like pale Arkle. Okay, no street cred.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about this. Let's let's let's just call out the white elephant, right, because we know people don't like what they don't know. People sometimes are uncomfortable with change. So what could you guys say to everybody in Atlanta to say, hey, look like, give us a try. You just might like what you hear, and don't count it out before you even give it a try.
Speaker 2: You know, nothing that I think I'm going to say to people listening is going to make them go oh. But what I think I can do is give just a little bit of his of our group here is that we were never supposed to really be a radio show. I was doing radio by myself, kind of struggling getting by, and then we had no money at all, whatsoever, no budget. So I just went and found friends that had never worked in radio. And so we're all a bunch of people who've never worked in radio. Am I found Amy she was at a Culver's. Met her there at a Culver's restaurant. Lunchbox was delivering sandwiches for Jason's Deli. Eddie was a local TV producer. So it's a show that doesn't really sound like it should be on the radio. And we have luckily been fortunate that people feel like we're like them, a little crazier, a little too TMI sometimes. But it's gonna sound odd at first because I'm not a very good broadcaster. I don't have a great voice. I talked too fast. I have a Southern accent. Amy thinks the physician does physics lunch wise.
Speaker 5: I don't really think that, but I mean I just sometimes a few minutes ago quickly and then I say something like that's like, oh whoops. But see everybody messes up boards from time to time, so it's relatable, which I think that's what we can bring is it's like you're just sitting around, but.
Speaker 2: If you have to say you're relatable though you're not relatable. Yeah, it's like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like yeah. It's like when when someone goes, well, I have black friends, It's like, no one has black friends really says that I have black kids. Yeah, black kids. Amy has black kids, Yes, two black kids. That's correct. Amy does have black kids, and he's adopted to kids. Lunchbox has been on Jerry Springer. You know, it's a it's an eclectic bunch, but we are not supposed to be on the radio, so we get it if people at first are like, I don't even know what's happening there, but we think with a little bit of time. But the thing I think they'll find the most the coolest is all the stars live around us. I mean, I know Luke Brian's one of my really good friends. We did American Idol together for four years. He was here yesterday. Thomas Rhet just left and either I've toured with them, or they've been on the show, or we just hang out. Like the access to the stars is unlike any other show in the country. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: No, I think that that's a huge too. And that's why Bobby and the show, that's why they're in Nashville is because they can get that direct access to these artists that live in Nashville. And it's a lot easier for those artists to swing by and come see the Bobby Bone Show than it is for them to always fly into Atlanta because of tour schedules and whatnot. So I think that's a huge bonus. Yeah, I see what you guys are saying. I think when people hear Bobby Bone Show, they've obviously heard it for so long. I think there's just this perception of like, well, that's nationally syndicated, and that's not how are they going to know what's going on in my life? But the bottom line, you guys just hit the nail on the head, Like we're all going through stuff, right, and that stuff is relatable. We need to know other people are going through it too. I think that. I don't think anything makes you more likable and relatable than that everybody's got stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not trying to fake like we're although I just I just did hire a guy from Atlanta to bring those lines up. Atlanta so close that we found these stuff at a store and so we go to lant all the time, and so we had is right above it, right above Atlanta. He brought these Hey, I know Atlanta.
Speaker 3: People, I've been to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're not gonna try to fake it, but we're also very close, which is weird. Zach Brown, good friend Brandley Gil. We started listing it at Atlanta. Hi Delta, Oh absolutely del Murphy got a Del Murphy card yesterday. I'm a baseball cards Yeah yeah, so yeah, well.
Speaker 4: No, we do. We have got that long list of Georgia country artists. There's no doubt about that. We kind of feel like we are sort of our own little Nashville with all of the people that call Georgia home because it's such a long list of them. Okay, let let me ask you guys this one thing, because I do think people just like we all, like the insight into our favorite country celebrities. You know, like they can tell us about the new single, or they can tell us what they thought about with their wife that morning, and that's what we're really paying attention to.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So what is one thing about each of you that but maybe you don't get the opportunity to talk about a lot, but it's something that you do want people to know about you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think that's a tough one because we if we have it, it kind of comes out. We have to produce. I'm gonna be honest with you, if we just did an hour long show, they're probably able. We probably keep a lot of secrets, but we have to produce so much content that we just get tired of trying to figure out stuff. We also can't lie because we forget our lies. It's not that we're too good to lie. You know what, if it was more entertaining, we'd lie all the time and just be do tell you crazy stories. We can't remember what we say, so if we're truthful for five hours, we know if we go back to it, he' like what did I say? Must have been the truth? It's all kind of out there. Why don't we tell a personal thing about each other? I'll go first. Amy. She just got divorced, and she used to be like, I'm never getting divorced.
Speaker 1: Divorce is not an.
Speaker 2: Option, Yes, but she's had some growth and she just got divorced, and there she is.
Speaker 4: I was married to Amy, but I thought that the divorce or was it just a long separation, because that's what I had. I had like a year and a half long separation. But I'm also still really close with my ex husband. So are you saying like the divorce is now just now final?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so's no.
Speaker 5: No, it was final last summer, sin it's almost been final year. But it was a long separation as well, and we co parents well, and I'm learning a lot about that. So, yeah, that is something that is new to my life, especially for the majority of my career on the show. Most eighteen years I was married more of it, and so now to have divorce being a part of the picture, it's been interesting.
Speaker 6: But I don't have those.
Speaker 4: Single girl memes hit a little different now, don't they. Amy, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean sometimes I forget though that I'm divorced. I'm like, oh, you know, cause it's.
Speaker 4: Like, listen, if you do it the right way and the best way for your family, and because you were married for as long as you were, it's like, you know, my ex husband raised me, I raised him. We've been through a ton of stuff together. There's no reason for us to not get along. But then you find that people give you crap because you get along.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, no, my husband. For see, my ex husband, we were talking about this the other.
Speaker 4: Day, the same thing, and we've been divorced for ten years, Amy, you're always gonna call your husband.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad that you know. I guess we're doing it different. But he he was explaining to me some people and he's like, he's like, look, people they're not they don't understand us, like they don't get it. They're not used to this, so they think like maybe there's something different happening, and it's like wow, okay, well it's weird.
Speaker 2: Do you guess they'll share a bed though? Yeah, I know, I'm just kidding. That's not true. Amy fact about lunchbox will go just quickly around there in fact about lunchbox. It's a personal fact that people should know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so he was prom king in high school.
Speaker 5: So this is in nineteen ninety nine and he still references it to this day and still has the crown.
Speaker 2: He says, that's where he peaked in life, Right, he peaked.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that's where he peaked.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many prom kings do you know?
Speaker 2: I mean you don't know because none exactly.
Speaker 4: It's a rare occurrence that I can remember.
Speaker 1: That's right exactly.
Speaker 2: Letchbutch do Eddie? Oh no, really, Well, he's you're sitting next to.
Speaker 3: Say something good about me, please, Eddie person go ahead, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's part of the raging idiots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Belgium.
Speaker 1: He has four kids to adopted Boom boom.
Speaker 2: That's true, and he has.
Speaker 1: A little nasty voice. But that's just okay, that's all natural.
Speaker 3: Now he's gonna insult me. But my kids I adopted. We were foster parents for three years and then we finally adopted them. So that's really cool.
Speaker 4: That is awesome, Eddie, do me.
Speaker 2: The roundtable discussion of this section will be complete.
Speaker 3: Bobby Bones, I mean, he's he's the captain of this ship. And something cool about Bobby is he just got married what.
Speaker 6: Three years ago, almost.
Speaker 3: Three years ago, at a point where we never thought Bobby would ever get married, he found the love of his life. I think it's it's been amazing for Bobby and it's cool to just watch him grow.
Speaker 2: First person ever told him I loved it like period period.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, really that is okay, that is interesting. We'll have to hear more about that. All right, Well, you guys, here's what I'm going to say, and not to exclude everybody else, but Bobby. I've said this before. I've listened to your show, obviously I have an appreciation for it. I love everything you do outside of your show. I thought you were the most phenomenal mentor on American Idol. I think you are such an uplifting You get it from Uh, you have all the reason in the world to show time people and Hollywood people and big time people. And what I loved seeing is your connection with other human beings that just needed a cheerleader. And for that, I have all the heart in the world for you. So I'm excited to see what you guys do here. I really am.
Speaker 2: You make a great point. I do have all the reason in the world to do that. I should holly with people more and do Hollywood folks.
Speaker 3: Now, dude, they needed a cheerleader and you know them.
Speaker 2: She just inspired me to Hollywood. You guys, don't look me in the eyes. Yes, no, we are super excited. You know. When I first it was we're not from Nashville, if I'm being honest. We're here because this is where the industry is. We're from Arkansas and Texas and we've been together as a show forever. But we're in Nashville for the same reason the show comes from Nashville is because access to all the stars and we cannot wait to be down in Atlanta a lot and be able to do what you hear with whomever, all these artiststopping by and hanging out and just super excited. When I first moved here to Nashville twelve years ago. The first city they told me was going to come through syndication was Atlanta, and they lied, and I've been waiting ever since.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, that's right, because I was busting my tale to keep you from getting to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I know. Let me put her on the list of people to get fired. Okay, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Look who got the last laugh?
Speaker 2: Right, give us a few months. We'll fail real bad and then we'll talk. Chris, No, thank you. We're so pumped and we can't wait to be there and see and meet everybody. And we're just really excited to be on a place. So we feel like what.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just hope everything's okay with what. It's just the reality of like, well, I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: What are you talking?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you about to cry?
Speaker 3: Somebody breaking into your car? What's going on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But you got divorced me, you got divorced amy, Yeah, Kristin, thank you. We we really are so excited. We're so excited to come down to see everybody too. And Meg is the greatest in the whole world. And we just uh, we can't wait to start. We have no idea when we're actually starting. But two weeks scuba.
Speaker 4: Is like twenty second Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, and we'll be uh yeah, well we'll be there soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can't wait. And you guys have a great rest of your week.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, bye Kristin, Bye, there you go. Let's do a mid roll right real quick? All right, back Amy your thoughts.
Speaker 3: What do you mean why has Lunchbuk's head? I think what?
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I don't know. I thought it was pretty honest, that is great. I loved it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I loved that part. It just reminds no.
Speaker 1: No, I just had no idea. But then she just went there and I was like, what was going on?
Speaker 2: She went where like help our audience. I don't even know where you are.
Speaker 1: No, I mean when she said twelve years, I worked my butt off to keep you off the air, like I hate you, Like that's.
Speaker 2: That's what she said, guys, But that's not what she meant either.
Speaker 3: Funny you heard that though.
Speaker 1: Because she went on to explain what she was meaning. But I was like, Dan, she really doesn't like us, all right, cool?
Speaker 2: But now about us though?
Speaker 3: So does how does it works?
Speaker 2: Like specifically, it's literally not something. It's not personal. Read I think you know, the next movie time we draw a movie, I'm gonna put in there the book the Four Agreements, and you have to read the Four Agreements.
Speaker 6: We don't take things personally in business.
Speaker 2: It's one other OA never take anything but in business personal I get that. The truth is, when I moved here, we had different owners at the time. They were like, Hey, that's super cool. You're gonna go do this because I had to give up a whole company that I built when we were doing CHR and pop. Like, I literally had to give up. I'd spent forty percent of all money that I had ever made. It was much more than that at first, but then we started I started to make something back. I spent all money that ever made. After we'd worked with this technology, I syndicated my own show would get one market at a time. Then I had to give it up to risk it to come here, and if it didn't work here, I couldn't go back to that. And so I was like, this will be a really great move. I think this will work. However, it is gonna be very risky because nobody's like us, so what can you give me as far as some of the places you're gonna put us? And they were like Atlanta, and I was like, boom, let's go. So for twelve years, like the first seven or eight or so, I was like, yo, why you guys keep saying that we're going to Atlanta? We never are. The last few years I just kind of gave up. I don't even care because I just like, you know, it's like an I don't want to be heard again, you know, I don't want to be heard again. So I didn't And when they told me, I was like, okay, cool, all right. But I'm also so focused on expanding the digital part of this show. Like we at this point, we were podcasting before people really podcasted. And it's not because we were smart, it's because we were young. I was very lucky that when I started at a place that was a bit elevated in the industry because I get to do mornings in a pretty big market. At twenty two years old, I was doing mornings, but I was also twenty two, so I was using the technology at the time. So when you'd have a bunch of forty five year old which is what you are. I'm forty four. Now they weren't using the technology of the time. They were still doing radio. But since I was twenty two, I was listening to the podcast, I was streaming music. I was so I was like, we're podcasting everything. And so the last few years has been about do the best show and grow digitally because that's what I can control. And if it does well, this dood company will put us in places. But once our CEO, who I am so indebted to, well one for paying that million dollar fine.
Speaker 3: That was a big shout out.
Speaker 2: If you had I bought Piman and my dude, he told me, and I said this on the air, He's like, I can't put you everywhere because you might die. What do you mean, oh stress, no, no, no, no, no, if you do, He's like, if I put you in every single place and you die, we're screwed as a company because we've put every egg into that basket.
Speaker 3: Oh you could die, yeah, because you could die, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we're screwed. And I that's really the first time I was like, that is a great point, because yeah, I want to be I want to be ever on every I want to be in every station, every format. I want to be on every commercial, every television screen. When I look at the TV, I want to see myself staring back at me. I want to be on your Apple Watch, mister Jones. So but that's the goal. It's never going to happen. But until it's not, we're gonna We're gonna roll. And anybody would want that. So I thought it was awesome she said.
Speaker 3: That, And that was the other side of the story of just like, man, I got someone snapping at my heels, like, hey, trying to but.
Speaker 2: I want to snapping.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but not that you were doing it.
Speaker 2: And I rooted for the last show because I like that. One of the guys on the show was really good. I liked him a lot. And because I wasn't even trying to get in and I was never positioning myself, they would just come be like, hey, thinking about going to Atlanta, and I'd be like, cool, Yeah, let me know what I can do. Here's what I can offer. We'll get down there a few months, we'll do this that, and they'd be like no, never mind. I'd be like, dang, then why'd you tell me? Don't even tell me. But even I've never positioned to get a show, because I don't ever want to like force anybody out of a job. But if they're going to cut somebody, somebody's got to go on. Here's my hand, it's raised. Let's go. Let's blow this mother up, meaning the show blow up.
Speaker 3: Bigger got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool. I like that. She said. That was funny. I saw Amy do it and lunchbox A both react.
Speaker 5: I reacted for different reasons, though, well, okay, what was your reaction. My reaction was, Oh, it's just a reminder to me, which I get. I know that this is how business works, but I immediately have a feeling of like, oh, we're I didn't realize she had moved to afternoons when she said that, I thought, oh, she.
Speaker 2: Wasn't on the morning show recently.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, she said two years ago.
Speaker 5: Once she clarified, I thought, oh, my goodness, are we and we've done this before where we're talking to the morning show that we are coming in after and then my body feels it as a reaction of like, oh, this is their job. I get that it's business, but I just had a reaction of like, oh, are we taking her job?
Speaker 2: No, we're not taking it.
Speaker 5: I know it's not taking, but that's just how my body reacts. I know that we shouldn't take business personally. I think I just had a No.
Speaker 2: It's not even that like we were not taking. They were gonna whomever the situation is. Radio station h If they're gonna move somebody from nights to a Saturday, they're gonna do it regardless.
Speaker 6: I understand that.
Speaker 2: But then they have to place somebody. It doesn't matter who it is. Person abcdd F has to go into that spot.
Speaker 5: I know it's not taking. I'm just saying. That's how I get that I have it wrong. It's just how I feel in the moment, which I guess is not the right feeling, because I just like, oh, I just wouldn't want I mean, because it could happened to maybe there might be another show one day that comes in and does whatever and then boom, no time, we'll move somewhere, and then someone's going to come in, we.
Speaker 2: Move, We'll got fired and however, well you canceled, trust me, I know how that's going to end. But like Carlata, we talked him in Cleveland. She moved off mornings and to middays. But that but Kristen was on a show and got moved for the show that came on after her. That happened to her with the last local show where they moved her from mornings to afternoons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just if there's a heart, if there's a spot that opens up, like there's a reason, and then it's like, oh, you know, somebody had to process that information. Hopefully they have by now. That's just that's where I went. I'm like, oh, it's just a reminder.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, you're exciting or a healthy human.
Speaker 6: We're in Atlanta. Yeah, exciting, But that means that there was some big change I have nothing to do with yet.
Speaker 5: I know we didn't, but somebody had to process a big change in their life because of that, however that looked or whatever the reason why, And that is where my that was my moment.
Speaker 2: Of like, but sometimes that process. I have friends that have been fired and if it's the freaking greatest thing ever because they were at a place where it wasn't working, and it was either because of management, it was because of we.
Speaker 6: Could But obstacles is the way.
Speaker 2: Not all sickness is death, and some sickness actually, you find worse sickness in there you didn't know about, you can fix and gets better. But yes, we're the show that they didn't want us to be, this big show. Nobody ever said you're the big show. Even when we came here. It was miserable for us. But we've been able to with our listeners take a freaking what's that tire iron thing called bar ro bar, thank you and crowbar our way into Not even the executives like us for the most part because they don't get it. But what they do like is that we can make a munch revenue and go on places and do commercials that people like, you know. So yeah, it sucks. That part of it sucks. But then the nature of media itself, it's not even that. I mean, across the board, they're finding it, you know when it used to what you know, it's funny how it's cyclical. It is because it used to be. When I very first started, I would do nights from Austin nighttime shows. The first Little Rock I was doing night time shows in multiple places and they were just like, we have eight stations, they're not gonna have live night people. We gotta find somebody to voice track them. So I was like, I'll do it. I was twenty twenty one years old, and so I would do it. And then I go to Austin and I was doing nights in Austin. I was doing like twenty stations. It was awful. You had to do them all individually. Put everybody coming up to take with six foot high, five or nine. You turn it off you're tired. So that first it was like, oh, voice tracking is gonna kill everything. Then it became syndication where it's like syndication, it's not local. Look go to your social media. How many people do you follow on social media? You really like that are like down the road. It kind of doesn't matter because the station can supplement with whatever else, which is what our goods stations do. They supplement what we do with the things that people need to know. But let me be honest, do you need to know about traffic from your radio anymore? Nope, you sure don't. You can look on your phone. Do you want to know whether on your radio? You don't? You look at it at So when people are always like we need local, we need to move down the street talking back, the podthole me. It's all right there. It's in your phone. And if you don't have compelling personalities, whatever that means, you get mad at them and love them hate them. That's all it matters anymore. It doesn't matter if they're on five hundred stations or two or a podcast. And so then it became syndications. Syndication is evil. Oh now it's AI. I had pil Becker on the Bobbycast. He did the first AI radio personality and took a she works at the station and the AI AI Mike get her nation AI Ashley. Yeah. So, and I know I've talked to Ashley a couple of times because when she was getting beat up hard for being the voice of it, because she has other roles at the station, I called her and was like, do not let it's a bunch of people that are upset at you, but they're not upset at you. They're upset at the industry, which is constantly going through a change, and they're upset at themselves.
Speaker 3: I got it. Ashley is the real person that voice the AI got.
Speaker 2: So he wanted to show you could do with it. He got crushed and she got crushed. So as somebody who's constantly been in the crosshairs in situations where we're doing things different, sometimes not good, but most times we've been either it's been good or we figured it out as we're going. I called her and I was like, you can't let this affect you because you're doing something that people get upset. But it's gonna have to be done anyway, so why not be the person that does it? All of a sudden, They're not going to create all these extra jobs. That's just not how this industry works. And so she, you know, did all the sounds, said all the words, and then you can just write boom and AI Ashley says the it's not perfect, it's like probably ninety two percent relie, but it's getting.
Speaker 3: Better paid a lot for that.
Speaker 2: No, but but it's how she keeps her job working at the station because she does promotions and she also is the voice of AI Ashley. If not, they may have to cut that and combine promotions jobs and cut her from that position. But nobody looks at it that way. So but now AI is what's gonna kill So it's always something. It's like people that go country music, is there any country every decade or media generation, there's something new that's killing the media and the people that are upset by it to the people that have temporarily either been set back or having kicked out. And you're never fully kicked out. You're only kicked out if you go I done, I quit. It's only a setback if you decide to get back in. And that's not just media, it's anywhere like it ain't over till you quit, regardless of what it is, it ain't over till you quit. So I liked it, she said that, and that is my ted talk on media for people that really probably don't care to listen to this Lily in the weeds inside Baseball.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: Thanks, but I understand Amy.
Speaker 3: Thanks, you have a heart.
Speaker 2: But in business nothing's personal.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's hard sometimes for it not to feel that way, but the business nothing's personal. Even if it's personal, you can't take it as personal because you can't make decisions best for business. For me, this show is very personal because everybody came out for a reason. It was never except for Scooba, Steve Scuba.
Speaker 3: Steve.
Speaker 2: I was able to be lucky enough that I had a very skilled person that wanted to be a part of the show. Scuba Steve was more of a I got lucky that somebody who had a wealth of skill in his area wanted to come over and lend that to us because we had our own system. It wasn't the best system. It was just the only way I knew how to do it because nobody taught me, and everybody else came in under my system and scuba Steve said, hey, oh I know these other ways too. It was really hard for me to let go. But Scoob is a plus, like he's that dude, and other than that, other than scuba, all you knuckleheads have been found, just like Iz found.
Speaker 3: We were lost scuba.
Speaker 1: You want to say, wow, he just gave you a glowing review.
Speaker 2: Well it's not so much a glowing review. It's that I'm not gonna say. We all found each other, knew each other, and came together organically with scuba. That didn't happen. It was the first time they were like, oh, you have to stop being such a control freak. You're gonna die. And so I met with a bunch of people and he I was like, man, maybe I could maybe this, Maybe this weird guy with the beard is I can take blame when I mess up, But he's he's Scuba's smart, innovative, super creative. Also, like is my fullback? At times I don't even know linebackers trying to get me, Like he's out handling, putting out fires that I don't even know exist. They never even get to me. But other than that, we all have come up together. We all came out of the same vagina No, we did not the career. We all came out of the same career vagina No.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't think we did.
Speaker 2: We are. It's like quad octaplates interesting, what is it? What's an annoying show?
Speaker 3: Congratulations? Thank you?
Speaker 2: I know we're excited to go. I'm like super excited to going to Atlanta now. I think when Rod said, Hey, we're going to Atlanta, I was like, oh, how many times we're gonna do this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: Wolf still hasn't Wolf?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wolf, cry Wolf? The cry Wolf.
Speaker 6: Did anything change between now and the twenty second?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this whole segment, this thing right here gets on and somebody hears it and goes with that. We already put him on.
Speaker 1: Now do they send liners over?
Speaker 2: Like? Do they I'm doing it for days?
Speaker 1: Right, But have they said Hey, welcome to Hotlanta.
Speaker 2: I don't think I won't say Hotlanta because it won't. That would be so fake by me.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've heard Lunchbox say hot Land.
Speaker 2: But that would be real for him.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been saying it for years. Yeah, for fun.
Speaker 1: No, I went to my cousin's wedding and they called it Hotlanta. I'm back in six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that wasn't like when it was invented.
Speaker 1: That's when I started hearing it. So that's what I mean. I go with.
Speaker 3: I usually just say at l you don't usually tyl you don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know why, but I want to share a quote.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my gosh, I'm gonna go to the bath.
Speaker 2: Okay, do the quote. I got a few other things, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you just kind of as long as what we were talking about in business, it's not it's a computer. No, No, it's not. I've hold it up because it's from my fifth thing. I always do a quote, and this was this week's and for a reason, I feel like somebody mark.
Speaker 1: You're doing cross promotion. That was really smart.
Speaker 2: I got it from can we get to it?
Speaker 6: For things? They Brown, when you you have to.
Speaker 2: Whisper, you can literally say it that my podcast is for things that Amy Brown.
Speaker 5: You guys check it out, And on Tuesday's the fifth thing goes up. So this is from with Cat yesterday's episode with Cat. Okay, when you are not used to being confident, confidence will feel like arrogance. When you are used to being passive, assertiveness will feel like aggression, and when you are not used to getting your needs met, prioritizing yourself will feel selfish. With that being said, your comfort zone is not always a good benchmark. And I felt like sharing that after this because for me thinking of in business type ways and not getting offended or me speaking up like there was something yesterday where I was speaking up about something and I feel like I was trying to do it in just an assertive way, and I thought about it the rest of the day, like, oh, I feel like I was mean and I feel like I didn't do that, and I feel, you know, but I think for that person, they didn't have to take it personally like, and I shouldn't have to spend my day worried about how I said something when I know I was still being kind. But I think typically. Typically, I'm I'm pretty I can be pretty passive. So therefore when I do speak up, then I overthink it because I feel like I'm being aggressive, but I'm not. I'm just being assertive and assertive. This is okay, So just anybody else that needed to hear that? I just want to say it.
Speaker 1: Well, I lost you.
Speaker 2: I mean that was like six know's that chapter?
Speaker 1: I meander like a one line?
Speaker 2: Okay, here you go. I have a quote.
Speaker 6: Okay, m hm, what did I think?
Speaker 2: I lost it? Hold on, I had it?
Speaker 6: Did you really have it already?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I have one too, but then I pushed.
Speaker 2: I touched my scra he's jumping with the cookie's jumping.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Eddie, you need time. I got mine. Mine's real quick. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Boom Let's that's that is that forest, Boom, forrest, forrest, forest, great, great philosopher. Mine is. If you think you're too small to be effective, you've never been in the dark with a mosquito.
Speaker 6: They're pretty effective.
Speaker 3: Say that again?
Speaker 2: Will run your freaking day again? You can't even see it? Do it again? What again?
Speaker 3: Say the quote again?
Speaker 2: If you think you're too small to be effective, You've never been in the dark with a mosquito.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, boom.
Speaker 1: That the wrong one. That's like, yeah, you can squoish it.
Speaker 2: You can't see it, but it can really f up your day. A mosquito you can get you between your fingers and that little web. You've had one there? That sucks.
Speaker 1: No mosquitos, don't bite me, dude.
Speaker 3: There was one time I was at the beach and like, when the sun went down, there must have been a million mosquitos and I couldn't get away from them, and I felt like I was dying. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: Mhm, what do you have that quote for?
Speaker 1: I got one too.
Speaker 2: I want to hear launch this quote. Aye, everyone poops, that's a good kids book. Yep, everybody poo?
Speaker 3: Is that a book?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me roll through this real quick, Eddie. Anatomy of a Fall? Is you ever finish it?
Speaker 3: Did I finish it? I did finish English movie. I finally finished it. I wanted to ask you guys if I should finish it because it took me like four days to watch it. Who recommended that movie?
Speaker 2: Nobody? It was a It was a It was a nomination or Best Picture, okay, and my wife wanted to watch it, and so Mike told me, you're probably not gonna like it that much. And then I watched it, and I didn't like it that much, but I think I liked it a little bit more because Mike is smart enough set the expectation low. Yes, so I liked it a little more than he said, as was the strategy. I think I did not like it when not watch it again?
Speaker 3: And did Mike like it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: And lunch boxes, you watch that one? Hear it? Okay, you watch it because because we talked about it on the show. And then I saw it popped up on Hulu and I love Hulu because it's like free. I don't have to pay for this movie. Not free, you pay for a subscription, correct, but I don't have to pay extra for it. So I watched it, but it took me like four days to watch it. And I want to ask you guys, like, should I finish this? I'm probably like got thirty minutes left and I don't know if I don't want to finish it.
Speaker 2: Are you happy you finished it?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It's a ninety six percent positive. So people may like it.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: They must only allow dumb dumbs to rate.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Are people that know French.
Speaker 1: People that don't like it, don't go write it. That's why you have to be more vocal with your's. A lot of negative review rating goes down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sometimes when iative, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: That's just not true because there are a lot of bad reviews on things a lot.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Score. No, the way you just said was negatively.
Speaker 3: Review it, So people bring that rotten tomatoes.
Speaker 2: You can't because you're not a reviewer. Oh like one of the credit ones. You could do the audience one.
Speaker 3: I mean audience And I'm thinking, like this is Hollywood, Like these dudes like that that vote on this, Like, how did you vote on this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: How do you write a bad movie? This is not bad? But sometimes the movie is so bad? I'm like, how did this get through all the levels?
Speaker 3: Well? I think that one like a woman, like a single mom or something wrote it while during COVID while they're talking about this one. Oh okay, it's just too frenchy for me. He has a lot of French, but not even that. It's just the story was just what all you're.
Speaker 1: Saying is they felt bad for it because she was a single mom.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. So my review is still the same same. Man, you're hearing basketball in your sleep?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have the sound? Right? Does ray have the sound.
Speaker 2: From your sleep?
Speaker 3: I woke up the other night and I was like, is somebody somebody's in my house? Like, I hear somebody dribble into basketball and she was squeaking in my house because there's too much basketball March Madness on TV. And then my kids have these tournaments every weekends. All I hear is basketball, and dude, it was crazy. I woke up really thinking that somebody was downstairs, like playing basketball, and it wasn't. I walked downstairs. There's no one down there.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox has dreams about does work. I mean, whatever's in your life manifest itself in different ways.
Speaker 3: I have to slow down on basketball. It's just too much, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I think that's it. I have a quote GTFO.
Speaker 3: I like that GTF.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you all, we will, we'll get a show tonight and then we'll see you tomorrow. All right, goodbye, every buddy, Fie