Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable. We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on These are our stories. Done done, Yay, that's messed up.
Speaker 2: In SVU podcast, I'm Liza Traeger.
Speaker 3: And I'm Kara Klank And on this podcast, we talk SVU, we talk true crime, we interview guests, and at the beginning, we straight up gossip and listen.
Speaker 2: I had a whole list of shit.
Speaker 3: We could talk about today, and I guess I'm just shelving all of.
Speaker 2: It because but you had it.
Speaker 1: You've had a crazy couple of days, and I feel everybody needs to know what's going on. Oh my god, I know. Okay, so, uh, Springfield. If you're on the internet, like obviously you know. But I had the show books and I didn't really want to go. You know, it's like it's hard to get down there. But people from small town or people that live around, it's like, I want to I want people to come see me, and I want to say I want to do shows. It is my job and passion. So but some for some reason, I knew something was gonna go off. So I even booked my travel the day before. I'm like, something's gonna go awry, Like in my spirit, I knew it. You know, we think about Colleen stan the Girl in the Box, one of our earlier episodes and of more tragic, but the big lesson is trust your gut. And for some reason, it was just like we're, oh, I'm denying it at all times. You're telling you gut to shut the fuck up, and you're trucking on.
Speaker 2: I'm trucking on. So I got on my flight in New York.
Speaker 1: I ended up missing my connection in Atlanta because the New York flight was laid forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: The airport's created the tram whatever.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah whatever, they put me on a nine o'clock I don't give a fuck. I booked the travel the day before. Yeah, it doesn't matter. So I'm feeling fine. Head onto the lounge, Gonna have a cocktail while I chill at the Atlanta airport. One of my favorite sex you know, I say this a lot. The hottest people that work in flight work in Atlanta at the Delta terminal.
Speaker 2: So okay.
Speaker 1: Then I get a call and I get panic text. I have all these missed calls from agents managers and they're like, do not get on the flight.
Speaker 2: I go, honey, I'm delayed. It's fine.
Speaker 1: They go, we have another client who's check just bounced from this place we called them. They don't have the money to pay you.
Speaker 2: Do not go. They're not going to pay you.
Speaker 1: They're asking to do maybe less shows and what they can afford, YadA YadA, And I go, well, no, I go, I go. This motherfucker's texting me about airport pickup. He's like explaining what car and who to look out for at the airport. So he just had a full conversation with my team being like I can't pay her while texting me.
Speaker 2: Like everything's on, come to the airport.
Speaker 1: So this is like a media and I'll say, because I popped off on the internet, like all these newspapers are like places and outlets are messaging me from Springfield, Missouri and they want to report on it. And it's fine, but I need my mofucking money because it's reach of contract.
Speaker 2: You wasted my time.
Speaker 1: But also, flights to Springfield, Missouri are eight hundred plus dollars. Yeah, like go fuck yourself. I can't. I'm like, so ups whatever. So I get hammered, but.
Speaker 2: So I'm flying back.
Speaker 1: But the thing that's crazy is like why with all the media, it's like why are you He's a liar. He's a true liar, grifter maniac. So he'll have full conversations with my team being like, I'm sorry, we're on hard times. I don't know what to do. I'm trying my best. And then people are messaging me being like he's calling you a dumb bitch on Facebook on his personal account, and I'm like, he just cried to my agents, like that's what he's doing. So then he's messaging me, I'm so sorry I fucked up. I like posted the text. I don't even remember the exact wording, and then a person that works at the club goes, hey, I just watched your video. I guess he's saying different things. He told me your van broke down and that it's your fault. You're not here, so we're not refunding anyone or paying you, and I was like, okay, I truly have tech. That's when I posted the text. I go, what is happened? Like then I'm getting messages from staff, from marketing people.
Speaker 2: He's hired.
Speaker 1: He's not paid people I'm getting I'm getting messages from dozens of dozens of people. I'm getting messages from people from his life. I'm getting phone numbers. I want to pop off, I want to post all the instagrams, I want to do everything. Thank God for this podcast that I could talk about it. And then my people are like, just wait till we get the money, and I'm like, you get the fucking money.
Speaker 2: You all me money? How dare you book me there?
Speaker 1: I'm like so mad, but whatever, I'll be in Kansas City, miss like Missouri in February.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I like a little drama in my life so I don't have to like focus on anything else.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, like he like wasn't being honest with ticket holders, so he was just like switching tickets to a different show, not really telling people the truth. And people work hard for their money, people spend money. People were gonna drive from Arkansas, their messaging me being like thank god I didn't get on that, like start.
Speaker 2: Driving like it is. It is disgusting.
Speaker 1: And then after he finally he's like, I'm gonna post that it's canceled. I'm sorry, like apologizing, tell the truth. I get messages from people that ended up going to the club being like he's on stage saying it's a reschedule, not a cancelation. Oh, like you'll be back, Yeah, you work this out, Liza will be back.
Speaker 2: Give me a break.
Speaker 1: So the newspaper person's like, oh, he's saying like issues like that happened, cancelations happened.
Speaker 2: Like it's all I go.
Speaker 1: I've been storing for now eleven years, like as a full time performer, and this has never happened. I'm like the way people are reacting that I see them. Our peers are like that's crazy, you know, yeah, crazy, But yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad you didn't fucking show up do the shows. And then there were like no check oh the checks and the mail, babe, and then you just never get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well for sure, that's why everything does happen for a reason, Like I was not meant to go. I felt it in my core, and then thank god, like the New York flight was delayed and I got to like be at the airport if I was flying to Springfield while I got the messages from my.
Speaker 2: People, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Also page if the other clients checked in bounce moments before, like the check bounced at like five fourteen and at five to twe they called me, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like it all happened so fast that like I was not meant to go there, and I had like a fine weekend. I got to do whippets again, which you know is like a passion of fine the silver whippet lining. Yeah, I did get to do whippets, and I think I did another thing by late in bet No, I watched like forty five hours of The Bald and the Beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's not that hard to like project that you don't have any money, like and and go on a little hiatus or whatever.
Speaker 2: You can't keep booking. Continuing to lie when there's evidence in.
Speaker 3: Not there's cons to the ticket holders means you've already spent their money.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I had comics messaging me like the ticket link is still up and it is Saturday, and he's like, no, I can it's all down.
Speaker 2: It's all down.
Speaker 1: I'm like people are messaging that it's still up, like he's still doing it. So like blue Room Comedy, Blue Room Comedy, Blue.
Speaker 3: Room Comedy, rip, I mean, no real, I don't know, and there's no way. I feel like there's no way they're ever going to book anybody reputable ever.
Speaker 2: Again, yeah I did.
Speaker 1: People were sending me that other future acts were canceling, which is good, but it's like, I don't know, so that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So that's why I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, well, sorry to anybody that listens that was gonna go. I'm sure you would have hopefully got the message. I left eying comedy. I packed fun outfits. I even passed your out outfits like fuck off, like I, oh my god, I had a hat a murder to research.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like, I mean, yeah, that's true. I guess it's like you have been doing this a long time and nothing's ever happened, so it's like like this, you know, like it's the way, you know, it's surprising to me that it hasn't happened like more. I mean, there's scammers everywhere, so I'm just surprised like that. I'm happy that you've gone this long with this happening, and that you know, it could have been worse, like you could have actually given your time and talents for nothing.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy and then also still continuously thinking you're the victim, like, oh, I'm sorry, Like what was I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: And I wrote like be honest.
Speaker 1: You could have been honest sooner I please, I'm sorry, or like can we actually only do Friday?
Speaker 2: Like so many options?
Speaker 1: Like this is clearly a maniac and I'm really annoyed that the papers in Springfield are like posting it, like writing about his perspective.
Speaker 2: It's like so psycho to me, it's annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, I have a podcast. I guess to talk about whatever I want. I do have another conflict. Why why don't you say one of your list things? Wow, I'm not just me shouting in a race, Okay, I am Linkeen. I obviously wanted to say rip Diane Keaton. I was obviously very upset that she has passed. I was shocked.
Speaker 3: She was born in Highland Park, my neighborhood, and I've always thought that was very cool and I loved her so much and I'm really sad that she is gone, and so many beautiful tributes.
Speaker 1: She was so beloved, also beloved, I mean, and I think it's going to continue to pour in. I think people are going to watch her movies for a while and yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I actually had never seen Annie Hall, so it's making me want to go see Annie Hall.
Speaker 1: And I hope, you know, like seeing Nancy Meyer's posts, it's sad. It's just I feel like we're never getting another We're never getting another book Club.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would have worked.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, she was working till the end, and she would have continued to work and make stuff. I was excited for book Club three in such a cool fashion visionary and like also an unmarried.
Speaker 2: Cool woman who like, yeah, the free fun.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that she dated so many big actors, like long term relationships, but she never got married. She never got married, and she was like marriage is not for me. And you know what. I saw this booking video today. I think it's Elizabeth Gilbert, but don't quote me on it talking about statistically married women. Oh baby, it's not looking good for us. Oh man, it's like married women are more likely to die earlier, more likely to take their own lives, more like to be sick, like all these fucking things, like single women are happy or single. It was like crazy, this whole thing, and I was like, oh, fuck, did I make a mistake. I could be living a lot longer and be happier, I guess. But well, yeah, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why a lot of women are like not doing it, and that's why the fascism wants to it by force. They want to be forced. But people like it is a survival instinct. If it is like if if all of these bad things happen, don't you think it's like the logical smart thing to do, be like maybe I won't do that, or I'll be more.
Speaker 2: Cautious about it.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, they appreciate watch it and they're illogical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and don't do it at twenty at twenty two or whatever, you know, like do it like when you know something.
Speaker 2: Also, I really quickly.
Speaker 3: Want to say, if you live in California, please vote yes on fifty. It's the only thing happening on the ballot here. Please get your ballot in as soon as possible so that, like you know, advocation advocacy groups and stuff can stop trying to get in touch with you, like that they cross you off their list once your ballot is turned in. It's really important if we want to try to win back the House next year for California to pass this prop and it is temporary in case you're like, why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: It's temporary till twenty thirty one.
Speaker 1: FYI.
Speaker 2: So that's my little political call. What is it? What is it?
Speaker 3: So basically Texas redistricted to jerrymander and win back and win five seats. Newsom said, if you guys do this, I'm going to redistrict in California and get those seats back. Like and so a lot of people are like, you know, well, we shouldn't go low when they go low. Plus that we have to stop. We have to we have to play the game they're playing.
Speaker 1: There's not it's in a game. People are in concentration camps. I don't think it's the worst thing to do to Jerrymander back. And you know, exactly just kind of popped off with someone. I talked to a comedian and like they were performing and this like maga person cried to them after the show and was like I love you so much, like I met whatever, and I go, fuck them tears, fuck. I don't care what they realize now, I don't care what it's too late. Put your body on the line. I don't give a fuck. If you're a Republican and you voted for Trump and you feel bad and guilty now and this is what we should tell the people in our lives. You feel like, oh, this isn't what. Put your body on the line. Go get pepper spread, go on the front line and put your body on there. Because unless you do that, I don't care how bad you feel. I don't care how bad do you feel. Fuck them to thank you. I love that your body on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyway, it's an easy it's super easy. We all got a mail in ballot for it. If you will, most of us, if you're signed up for mail in ballots, shoot it back in, go to a quick place and fill in one little bubble and walk out on election day. But get it done. We really need that to pass. And it's what most Californians want. It's just like people are, you know, it's not as sexy candidates confusing. It's a way the language on these props are always like confusa saying, and like with the uber stuff last year two years ago and then fucking stuff up, they always just like try to confuse exactly the props are very confusing. This is a yes, it's going to be. It's gonna expire in twenty thirty one. It's just we gotta They're just gonna keep jerrymandering in every fucking state to try to win. They're just going to try to because they know they're fucked, I think in next year. But anyway, let's move on. The other thing I wanted to bring up obviously was Wendy Osepha Wendy and eddiosepho going to jail, and I think we.
Speaker 2: Just have to write the script.
Speaker 1: I think we just have to write the SVU Real house Swift crossover event. Yeah, we got to send it in like there for some reason refuse. They refuse. It's like it's NBC Universal, It's the same family. Fucking do it get Andy Sety.
Speaker 2: Goddamn.
Speaker 3: We've been saying it forever. Housewives is true crime. If you listen to our intros and you're like, not for me, it's true crime. So if you don't know what we're talking about, this two people on the Real Housewives of Potomac, which is a wonderful franchise that I enjoyed very much. This one woman is one of the Housewives. Her name is Wendyosepho, doctor Wendiosepho. She constantly brags about how many degrees she has, how educated she is, and she is she was like a professor at Johns Hopkins, like she's very educated. They just got busted with like seven felony counts, arrested for allegedly they had a home burglary while they were on vacation in Jamaica. But what they had done first was they had bought a bunch of expensive shit because they buy expensive shit whatever, bags, jewelry, whatever, and then I guess they returned it and claimed it all stolen in the the quote unquote robbery. So it's alleged that they've committed insurance fraud, which you know, the minute I heard it, I go.
Speaker 2: Could I do that? I was like, do I have anything? Could I do that?
Speaker 3: That seems pretty easy and harmless, no victims, But God, you're on fucking TV like they're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Looking at it.
Speaker 1: I think Kyle did it. I think touriit's I think people do it. It made me rethink everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, we already were, we were already shaky on Kyle in p k's burglary but I always believed Kyle's burglary for some reason because she got shit stolen that was like her mom's and I bet your fucking ass that's in a safe deposit box somewhere in Encino and didn't ever get stolen. I mean, this is like these housewives get robbed all the time, which you know, Kim Kardashian got robbed in Paris. We famously covered it on this podcast. Like people do game robbed. People do get robbed when they are people of note and they are wealthy. But these people, I mean doctor Wendy and Eddie, though they got paid out four hundred and fifty k, like.
Speaker 1: So numbers, I'm actually happy it's at least like that much. I thought that's why I read that it was four fifty I read it was for fifty K, so like, I think they went fitth it.
Speaker 2: And she's kind.
Speaker 1: Of grinning in her mugshot. She's looking like kind of trying to be cute. They look like they're on fucking PCP. People are like, she looks like she's in the movie Smile three.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, oh my god, somebody else sexed that today goes she looks she's in Smile I forgot who I was with that said that, But I it's really nuts you were saying the last time we recorded that you've been catching up on Tricksy and Katia. So did you see the last did you hear or watch the last episode where Bob is on Bob the Drag Queen.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: How he went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Cynthia Revo and I guess raoul A Sparza was singing as well, and he Bob the Drag Queen was like, Cynthia is amazing.
Speaker 2: But Raoula Sparza stole the fucking show.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, Like there was a long commercial for Barba on the Bolt and the Beautiful for Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what got me in.
Speaker 1: And now I'm like, I'm actually over a year old, and I think I have to stop because it's hard to listen to like a like because people do that with our podcast, they go backwards and they say, sometimes it is hard to sense the optimism in our voice, knowing what's to come, knowing what's yeah, yeah, and that's really tough. So I just like was able to experience that a little bit. Yeah, Like if you want a time more back to twenty twenty. No, everything's terrible. That's why I like, okay, I am going to share this drama. Even though Casey did wave the flag but twice. Okay, So I did have something happened yesterday, and thank god it's a minor, like my problems are fine, but it did upset. It really hurt, like overly, like my feelings were hurt. So I get invited to do this Norm McDonald like cancer fundraiser poker tournament, and of course I'm like, yeah, they're waving my entry fee, I get to play poker mastros, I'll lead, I'll eat, I'll eat there.
Speaker 2: So I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 1: I'm excited, and even put in avews, I'm like, I'm gonna go play poker thrilling. And then while I'm sitting there, then I get the invite and this is what I told you. I go. It says I'm going to elevate the event, like this has to be not a real event. Then you know what I mean, Like, oh, that's just like what they're writing to everybody in like pr speaking exactly. But in my head, I'm like, what's going on here? You don't need me there to elevate anything right like this. I ended up meeting the young person at the office at the organization that picked me, and I go, oh, are you the youth ambassador And he's like yeah, kind of like he had an espresso martini, had a sweater like he was I was, He's the guy who got me there. But then, you know, while we're recording, so I get the list of celebs that are going to be there, and I see Hank Kazaria and I'm like, oh my god, I'm gonna meet Hank Azaria.
Speaker 2: Like the bird Cage is a trigger family.
Speaker 1: Classic, yeah, and the Simpsons, like the fucking Simpsons. And I had just judged the Simpsons costume contest and someone dressed their baby as most his Lack, and I'm like, he's gonna love this. He's gonna love seeing Most his Lack as a baby, Like this baby is really fucking cute. Like I can't I'm just like, I can't even believe it. I'm so excited. It really got me in a tizzy. I actually did bring him a sticker of one of his characters of Kirk and How and I was like, whatever, I'll like, I'll sense the vibes. So when I get there, I go, I've made a grave mistake, you know whatever. We raise money for cancer, and I drink Manhattan until I blacked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I get there.
Speaker 1: It's a small room and it is men in tech vests and like checkered button downs and suit jackets and sunglasses.
Speaker 2: These are poker heads.
Speaker 1: These are people that spent thousands of dollars to be here to play, and they want to. They're about like they have weekly games, they have monthly games.
Speaker 2: Like they are.
Speaker 1: I'm just like playing with men who got out of work who have like are just like Poe, like they love poker in finance.
Speaker 2: So I'm standing, no one will talk to me.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing like a sea through my Sea through Seafood Tower shirt like on theme.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not astros. So I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So finally I look, Oh, one of the dealers took pity on me and goes, sit down, I'll give you a lesson.
Speaker 2: I go, thanks.
Speaker 1: So I hung out with Tony, one of the dealers, for a while, and then I look and I see David Cross, who I did his podcast. He was really rude to me and to the pr girl and he kind of like was room dude. But I was excited to meet him. I'm a fan, so to me, I was just like powering through.
Speaker 2: But you'd already met.
Speaker 1: Him when you did his podcast, Yes, okay, Like on the pod he was rude. I mean you can go listen to it, maybe you know what I mean, Like he was just not that nice. Yeah, and I so I kind of played into it and acted kind of dumb like I wasn't realizing he was being as rude as he was to me.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: So, but I see him in an ally nonetheless, So I go, Tony, I recognize someone. I'm like, I'm gonna go say hello. So I go over to David Cross and this woman who works at the cancer organization and we're talking. We're talking and I'm talking about Hank Kasaria and I'm like, I can't wait to meet Hank. I'm like, is he coming? I feel like no one else is coming. I'm texting the other comics I know that are invited. Everyone goes, We're not coming. I go, great, fantastic. So the only celebs are unfortunately me for everyone there and Hank Kazaria and David Cross. So we're standing. We're standing, and I don't know. When I went to the bath something happened. Hank signing in and I see David Cross go to Hank Kazaria to talk to him. And I look at this woman from the Cancer Society and I go, he's ruining this for me.
Speaker 2: She goes, no, he wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: I go, he is warning Hank Kazaria that I'm a crazy person and that he should not talk to me. I go, I know that that's what's happening. And this woman goes, he would never do that. I go, yeah he would.
Speaker 2: So I appressed he's spoken to you yet at the event.
Speaker 1: David Cross, Yeah, yeah, Like I'm talking with him in the cancer I'm telling.
Speaker 2: Them he was there when you were saying how much you like?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I go, you know, I'm trying to make conversation like I don't know, like I'm at an event, like I don't am I the only fun girl, Like I don't understand. I finally met some lesbians at the end, so someone that knows Marishka, like, you know, I got loosed by the end because I was just like okay, but then I did cry in the way what happened.
Speaker 2: In New York. It used to be fun.
Speaker 1: So I'm like befriending dealers. It's like a die or to no. He was a great guy, Tony. So anyways, so so I go up to David Cross, like, what did you say to Hank? Did you like warn him or something? Hank comes up, So then I go, Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm here playing poker too, and it's like kind of we're standing and I go, you know, I did want to show you something, but I would have saved it for later. But I knew he had done something, like I just so I asked him if he wants to see it, and Hank Kazaria goes, no, I really don't. He goes, I'm sick of all you Simpsons people. It never ends with you guys. This isn't work. I'm not working right now. And so like I am taking it in and I'm my mouth my jaws on the floor, like so my face is kind of cracking. I'm sure, and he's just and he's going on and then he goes, ah, God, I can't look at your face anymore. He put me up to it. I didn't want to do this. He put me up to it. So it's like, oh it's a joke, Oh my god. But it's like David, I am like buzzing. I am telling you as as just a person, I'm so excited to meet my hair like one of the people. How to act like you hate bands, like you're a terrible person, like you fucking suck. I want everyone to know that I hate David Cross like fuck because that's your spirit, bro, that's your fucking spirit.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I brought him a sticker like I am talking about hankh is there Like it's truly like if a kid's excited for saying like, I don't know why you're you would do this? And he goes, look at Hank Kazaria legit was like looking at your face was heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: So okay, I'm just happy because my heart was breaking that Hank Kazaria was a yes.
Speaker 1: And now he's not. Am I tearing up thinking about it, like I truly feel bullied, like I feel like a child, like I am like so it like and he goes, no, of course, show me the photo.
Speaker 2: He's like so cute.
Speaker 1: Then he's spoke in a most of his black voice, and I did jump up and down and uh, but like the vibes were just off because of him, Like it just it just was different. And I'm a personable person and I could have kind of like had a good time with Hank Kazaria. I wanted a photo with him. My parents love him, like I just so. Then he's like eating food and I was like, don't worry, I'm normal.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: I actually was like, I got to do a virtual table read for your duff Man episode. I know Christine Ningele and he goes and that I think like helped him a little because then he was like, oh my god, she's the best.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: I don't tell her she's my favorite.
Speaker 1: She writes the best for my people, you know, Like he was just like being really flattering to her and we had a few moments and then I got to sit at the same table as him. So then I'm excited, but I sat next to these two suit guys. I'm introducing myself to everyone. They tap me and they go, you have to sit at the other table, and I'm like, I wonder if I've been moved because I'm a crazy person, like I don't know what's happening. And then I have to sit next to David Cross, but I'm getting hammered at this point. Also, I'd like to say, all the rich men there, nobody tipped. Nobody tipped. I am the only person that tipped anybody all night. And then the men saw me tip and went, should we be tipping? And I'm like, you're obviously you all have more.
Speaker 2: Money than me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yeah, yeah, I'm tipping on my fucking nice ass Manhattans.
Speaker 2: Yeah I am. But guess what I'm getting five fucking cherries of dark cherries.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: Anyways, so but these people are really good at poker.
Speaker 1: I lost the money immediately, they gave me more chips like everyone people were like, I like, I was out of my element.
Speaker 2: I was out of my element. These are these were.
Speaker 1: Like poker players. Yeah, and like Sank ended up winning everything. But at one point, I mean, I ended up having fun and then I made everyone laugh. At one point I'm like, Okay, you know, I'm having fun. I wanted to have fun.
Speaker 2: And so then.
Speaker 1: He says something else shitty or something, and I go, why don't you like me? Or I'm like why are you so hate? Like why do you hate me?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What is like?
Speaker 1: What are you doing and he goes, I don't hate you. I mean I laughed at something you said earlier. I'm like, okay, and that was kind of it. And it's just like I've never met a grown person that wants to ruin people's I don't know, I just don't really surround myself with like that kind of a person.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, I don't think that all.
Speaker 3: So knowing you is your type of humor at all, like to be like pretend you hate what she's saying or whatever, like yeah.
Speaker 1: Just through in this moment that you guys saw me before, I went like I was just really excited and and even maybe I could have played it off, but I truly like watching him be like, no, I don't want to. You guys are all the same. You never leave me alone, like it never ends with you guys the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: And I could that would have been a fine.
Speaker 1: It's thirty seven seasons, like I get it. So part of me I was about to start saying, oh, you're right, everyone loves the Simpsons. I'm sure it's tiring, or like I was trying to like be normal, and I like told my parents the story of like I wish I got to send them a photo.
Speaker 2: He would have been nicer to me.
Speaker 1: I could have made I could have maybe handled it better, like at the end of the day of the upset and no, this is that like I wasn't able to roll with it or be fine or like be in the moment. But I just knew something was going on. And I knew he was like saying something about me to him and he dies.
Speaker 2: You knew it.
Speaker 1: You knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew it because he is dark sided. He's dark, he's dark energy.
Speaker 1: Because he was so rude to me and the pr girl when I did his podcast too. And then I've told a few friends obviously already and they were like, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's an unknown dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wrote in a van with him during Bonnaroo a million years ago and he didn't give us the time of day really, like we were all chatting in the van, everyone talking about like him.
Speaker 1: He didn't talk to anybody.
Speaker 3: But and it's like, and I has a mister Show and bought with Bob and David is like one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 2: Like I'm a fan, you know, yeah, Men in Black.
Speaker 1: I like maybe it's a disaster, Like I love scary movie, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Is it because I wasn't as excited to see you, Like, yeah whatever, I brought him a sticker. I truly have like two Simpsons touts like fuck you. David Kratt like fuck you, fuck you? Oh wow, yeah, fuck you. I hope someone in your life listens to this podcast and on site. Motherfucker. I can't wait to see you again. I can't wait to see you again. People don't realize it's like I am letting you act the way you're acting. I am letting you act this way and not ever. You should be so lucky that I am actually keeping it calm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To do this at a cancer charity event, but like on the street or else because I wanted to have fun at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I wanted to have fun at playing poker for Norm McDonald. My first s and il I've ever watched was him behind the desk like yeah, I whatever, and yeah, you just had to.
Speaker 3: You wanted to have fun despite all the gauntlets he was throwing down for you, Jesus.
Speaker 2: And that's why he's on the pod.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm just here to promote my special motherfucker this, which is like one of the biggest accomplishments of my fucking life.
Speaker 3: Why are you being a dick? Well, I hope that they did you get pictures? Did you get to?
Speaker 1: Oh? I tried on a Bucks NBA Championship ring. I woke up this morning looking at my Well, first I had to find out how I got home, like because then I then I'll I mean, I ate this plate.
Speaker 2: This looks amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean we're already like that's a horse radish cream on the piece of fucking niceess meat. But this is like a giant NBA ring that I was wearing. I guess, oh my gosh, damn damn. But I didn't know. I made friends exchange numbers, like at the end of the day, like I did at.
Speaker 3: You turn lemons into lemonade because but at the end of.
Speaker 1: The day, I wish I met him as a peer and not as a free or he's not my peer, but like I was just like a professional, normal person.
Speaker 2: I wish they I don't know, there's just.
Speaker 3: Yeah that you're like a pre like a pre warning being like she's a huge Simpsons fan, like you should work with her.
Speaker 1: Blah blah, blah. But at the end of the day, I am I am nice. I let you get away with it. But like, oh yeah, let's meet up, let's meet up, next fest, next show, see you, I'll see you.
Speaker 3: Watch my prank. Stay tuned, wait, wait for my prank. Meet you at the crossroads, David Cross All right, oh my god, what if I end up stabbing like this?
Speaker 2: Is this becomes.
Speaker 1: I truly commit a car It's like, we just have one question for you. Why he just belittled my He fucked up my moment?
Speaker 2: Like, fucks up my moment? Whatever life goes on.
Speaker 1: I'm used to the indignities of being a performer, so it's fine.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we're gonna get started with the episode. Guys, go we have a new merch in the on the in the works. Thank you all for your suggestions, Thank you for all your suggestions. Many of you suggested that we make is that is this merch or is that merch merch? We did do that at the very beginning. Maybe we'll roll it out again. Dumb bitch socks. I think we'll be coming later, will be coming next year, but we'll have something in time for holiday season that's.
Speaker 2: Going to be really fun. So I'm in Amsterdam today.
Speaker 1: And you're in Airdam than Dublin then London, so I you can still care if.
Speaker 3: You're in Amsterdam or you know a person who's in those four cities this week, shoot them the uh shoot them the schedule and uh that's messed up. Live dot com is where you can find Lisa's tour dates and our merch and everything, and let's get started.
Speaker 1: I also, at the end of the day, do like having fights with David Cross. You know what, It'll be good for my book because I am going to write a memoir and like Cat Cohen song, I'm gonna do it for the memoir and I'm going to make a whole book called Enemies, and I am going to name names. When I'm seventy and hopefully still relevant in my career, it's going to be I should start fucking worse people too. So there's some stories. Yeah, the Lisa trigger can't all be fights. There needs to be people. The sex is what sells. I think you have a you have some good ones already the same. No one's successful, no one's gonna care. I need to start trying to fuck some successful people.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, you need to get to like Chelsea Handler, the head of Netflix, something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, let's get you head of Hulus. Are they hot, Let's get to it. All right, let's start our show, all right. Probability of Doom.
Speaker 3: Uh this is a season twenty five. Would you say, did you used to play Doom? No mirror a computer?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Google it?
Speaker 1: It's it's it was like you had a gun and you kept put original so you could see the graphics I was working with, but you just kind of go in a thing and shoot stuff. But I played it on a giant computer. But I also had a code that you couldn't die, so I was just like I would just play it on stup and like not be able to die.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's like when I found a broken ski ball machine recently at Chuckie Cheese that kept giving me.
Speaker 1: But I think they're coming out with a Doom movie. I think they are coming out with a Doom movie.
Speaker 2: Really, it's so confusing Doom Doom anyway, Oh it came out five, I should watch it. I used to love the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I'd never played that, but I definitely have heard of it. But this episode is called Probability of Doom. It's from season twenty five. It's episode seven. This baby came out, I mean March of twenty twenty four. It feels like just yesterday. But they're taking us back to they're taking us back even farther to the two thousands because we open on a flashback from the episode nine to one to one, and it's funny because of color correction and all this shit. Now it's like when they're bouncing back and forth between this episode and the current episode, it's like, the color doesn't look different, Like the background maybe looks different, Marishka is a little bit younger, and the hair looks different, but like the you know, like when you used to look at an old sex in the city and you'd be like, oh my god, what is this from a million years ago? Or like a if you looked at oc original season of Real Housewives, you'd be like, why is this filmed on a camcorder? But now I feel like they color correct everything and do everything like or I don't know what they're doing, but they're digitizing things in a way that it all looks perfect, So we're getting beautiful what feels like, Hi, Deef, Marishka. This is the episode she won the Emmy four. Many of you have requested this episode. We're not doing until we get Marishka on it. And this episode is the one where she's speaking to a little girl named Maria who's been abducted.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know where she is. It's dark all around her.
Speaker 3: It's like very It's very also a lot of the books that I read when I was like a tween, or like books where a girl's like locked in a room and all she has is a typewriter. But the next thing we see after this is twenty twenty four Olivia Benson and she's doing EMDR therapy, which I've never done, but I've heard about. And EMDR stands for eye movement, desensitization and reprocessing, and it's, according to Google, a trauma focused psychotherapy that helps process distressing memories by using guided eye movements, apping or sounds bilateral stimulation to stimulate both sides of the brain. It's kind of awkward watching her do it because she seems like she's like in pain, and it's like I'm always just like, let Olivia, you know, be happy. But she's obviously processing a lot of things and She's like recounting the Maria Rossino's case to her therapist. The therapist is like, what are you noticing in your body? And Benson's like, my body is thick, I feel pressure in my head.
Speaker 1: She's not comfortable.
Speaker 3: She said, I close the case, but I feel so uncomfortable now, And they're like, because of what she goes like all of life's little question marks. The writing on this episode's not my favorite, but listen, we're gonna We're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna find good things I like about it.
Speaker 3: She tells her therapist all about this case, how she was on a date the girl.
Speaker 2: This was a classic.
Speaker 3: Olivia does this most of this case in a full gorgeous dress that I believe Neil Beher talked to us about. I think it's like a Hugo Boss dress or something that he told us about. And wow, you think it's Hugo Boss he was telling us, and I was like, I thought that's what he said, Like it was like a like an expensive but like at the time, because that episode is if I think that episode season six, probably around two thousand and five or something, but I don't know, we'd have to go back and listen to the Neil Bear, one of.
Speaker 2: The Neil Bears.
Speaker 3: He tells us what where that dress is from that she's wearing in nine one one, And we really need to like make we need to do like roles of culture, except a comprehensive list of like all the little fact toods we've gotten because we forget them, and we've gotten great back toys about the show. We could write a full coffee table book. But the girl calls in. Everybody thinks it's a prank. Olivia stays on the phone with her all night. Right, Okay, So now we're cutting between this therapy session, the nine one one episode, and then Benson getting on her official uniform like tie, the little rainbow, the little rainbow stripes that go on the side, the hat. She you know, she's got a loose braid because she's getting ready for some kind of ceremony and it's the twenty twenty four NYPD commencement ceremony of the police Academy.
Speaker 1: I guess like cadet graduation. So yeah, something ticks me out when I see Benson in her full uniform.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait, she's a cop. I know we're like allowed for it.
Speaker 3: We allow it when she's wearing gorgeous like overcoats, you know, and like a little flare pant, but we're not really that down.
Speaker 2: Like the badge and the lad I'm like, well.
Speaker 3: It's kind of the one part about because I think all of us have thought to ourselves at one point, like I don't know, maybe I could be a detective, And I'm like, yeah, but first I'd have to wear a police uniform and like give out tickets, you know, before you get there.
Speaker 2: So that's always the tough part. You know.
Speaker 3: They've got Sharon Stone in episodes in her like uniform.
Speaker 2: Even all the.
Speaker 1: Hotties that have been on the show, they've been in that bad uniform. So anyway, Benson sits down, opens her program, and immediately her eyes fall on the name Maria Rossinos next to a photo of a grown woman who is graduating the police Academy and is winning a bunch of awards. She has like four awards next to her name, so uh. Then she sees her across the room and remembers pulling this girl like out of the literal ground and saving her life. It's like a very emotional thing for Benson.
Speaker 3: So then we cut to the precinct where Captain Curry is uh wowing Finn with a crumb cake.
Speaker 1: Like and he's kind of like he stops her. He's like, we're not there yet, and I guess like he doesn't want to be buddy buddy with her because she's a captain And she's like, well, you can call me Renee if the captain part bothers you, and uh, we'll.
Speaker 3: Talk about it more. But Finn's really dogging her the whole episode. Uh, And then Velasco arrives. I don't know what it is about Velasco. First of all, is he gone or what the new season I thought he got.
Speaker 1: I think they're like teeing him up to do something shady, like don't you feel like right now in the newest Yes season, like he's about to get in trouble for either hiding the guy, like something's about to come and get him out of there.
Speaker 2: Well, he's gonna get shocked.
Speaker 3: Like in the last episode he has a I know you said you were needed to like rewatch because maybe you didn't, but did you see he has like a meet with some guy and then they never address it again the.
Speaker 2: Whole episode they're setting him up to be kicked out. You're right.
Speaker 3: I was literally googling it thinking it was like, I'm like so dumb.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I was like, oh, that was weird. They just didn't wrap that up. But obviously it's like a plant for something in the future. But sometimes he comes into scenes and I'm like, did his character get like more and more oafish like as time went on. He just comes in, He's like, hey, we gotta walk in this Lisa Miller Like he just sounds like such a dumb dumb and they're like, who is that? And they're like, she said she's going through a divorce, and they're like, did you get any any information what she's here for? And he goes, I don't know, it's anny questions and they're like maybe next time, buddy, Like it's just crazy, Like you're a detective and you're like deducing nothing.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: This woman we see in the background is very pregnant and she's walked into the SVU where famously we've discussed no one works at reception. You just have to kind of flag down a detective and tell the ma trauma that's happened to you. Curry tells Finn, Hey, let's work together on this one. So now in woodroom Blinds, Lisa is telling them her ex hired a lawyer and wants fifty to fifty custody of I'm assuming this baby that she's about to have. I don't think there's any other kid. Finn's like, and so where do we come in? Like why would we arrest him? And she's like, he's a pervert, and Curry, you know, starts pressing record on the recorder.
Speaker 1: She's like, I gotta get the shot.
Speaker 3: And then Lisa shows them a screenshot that she took on her phone and she's like, I'm not going to get in trouble right for having this perverted photo on my phone because it's a screenshot of my husband's computer. And they're like, just give it, and so she shows them, and you know, it is season twenty five, and Finn is still saying kittie porn, but we obviously call it child sex abuse material. But I thought that they had sort of changed that in their language there, but they don't. And so she tells them my ex's name is Wayne Miller. He lives in Midtown in an airbnb. Okay, so now we're at the airbnb. We're looking for Wayne. He's thirty six and unemployed and a pedophile cool. Finn smashes in the door seemingly with just a heavy shoulder. I mean it's like barely any effort, and then he looks to Curry and goes, how's that for old school? I don't know why he's so obsessed with sticking it to her the whole episode, like it's it just keeps happening. But Finn does what is becoming his signature move, which is the first thing he does is go to the kitchen and touch the pot of coffee like that's We've now seen him do that in recent episodes a couple of times. And he goes, it's cold because we've seen him do it. We've seen him go it's hot. And then they know the guy just went out the window, so they're tearing the place apart, and then Belasco goes, I think I found him, and then Finn comes to like another room and yeah, you found him, dude. It's like a guy laid out in the on the floor and he's chopped into pieces that are wrapped in plastic, like it's very dexter coated, and I love to quote Tommy Boy New Guys pukin in the corner. Oh my god. Rene Curry is not able to hold it. She's like wretching. She can't handle this, Like, I don't know. This guy got murdered, chopped into pieces, then each piece wrapped in plastic, it seems like, and then the piece is reassembled on a plastic sheet on the ground. It's like a lot of layout for what seems like we don't know why, and I don't know that we ever find out, but anyway, there's a pool of blood and it's like this is not Dexter at all, because this Dexter keeps everything extremely neat and tidy, and this guy's like lying in a pool of blood. And then there's a wild cut from bagged body parts to the cadet graduation and everyone's cheering for the grads and Live is still looking at Maria. She tries to approach her, but she's all happy hugging her classmates. And then Live gets a phone call, you know, everything, and lives life is interrupted by a phone call and it's Finn with the news about this wild body situation. So she watches Maria walk away, swells like she may never see her again, and it's like, Babe, you work for the same company. You can literally look up her home address and fingerprints, like you can find her another time.
Speaker 2: So then we get to the credits.
Speaker 3: At the top of act one, Benson shows up to the crime scene in her full fancy get up like her still her formal duds and found and they're like, you just found the guy laid out on plastic sheeting, and Finn goes laid out like a broken puppet, and then where was he cut up in the bathtub? And then he rats out Curry for barfing, and then Liv is like, let's rule out the ex wife. I mean, anybody that thinks a pregnant woman is fully bone sawing somebody into multiple pieces and then bagging it all up and then going to the police. It's kind of a wild theory. But now I guess you have to always rule out the partner. So liv is talking to Curry, who is post ralph, putting on a brave face but looks a little bit upset. And what do we know about Wayne, Well, besides being a pedophile, he's a regular working class guy, except he's unemployed, so he's not work at all. Csu said only sign a forced entry was Finn knocking down the door.
Speaker 2: They're like signs of a struggle.
Speaker 3: And she's like with this, like how we can't tell what happened here, like but the emmy should have more information. So they go examine the bathtub, which is blood spattered like looks like right out of a horror movie. And it's Benson's like, this is a pre war building. Nobody heard anything, and no, the neighbors didn't hear anything, and Live says, well, we could punt it to homicide, and Curry's kind of like, would you think less of me if I said I don't want to do that, Like I think she wants to keep the case, maybe to challenge herself because she keeps puking.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Curry says, maybe the purpose like one of his victims grown up, or the parent of a victim, and Benson goes, that's a bit of a leap, don't you think Like some petos like never touch anyone. They just they don't escalate past the photos. And Curry's like, yeah, but look at this crime. A lot of rage here and Benson's like, yeah, but rage killers don't really bring tools I see depersonal as the like I, you know, I see someone who wanted to like get this person off the planet. And she's like, and break them down to their parts. And she says, no, wonder homicide punted this to us, cause you know, we all know SVU gets more in people's heads, gets more. They're more criminal mind y, I would say than uh than a regular homicide, and lives like, let's go talk to the ex. Her reaction will tell us everything. And so now we're talking to the X and she shook like she can't believe that. She's like he's been cut up, Like what the fuck? I just wanted you to arrest him so we couldn't be near my kid, and who would do this? And she's like, well, it's someone who wants to delete him, to like break him down to his parts. And the wife is like, it's wasn't me, and Live wonders. She's like, you think I came to like report to you today, like after I did this, and Lives like, well, it's what we call a performative alibi. And I like that phrase. I'd never heard that before. Performative alibi. Like we've seen people come in and be like oh my god, this thing happen in there fully the purp right, So she can't believe I is always full of learning, Yeah, show up steps with the lessons, and so many things can be performative. You know, I didn't any in an alibi, you know, So she cannot believe they're accusing her. She's like, hello, I like em. She looks like she's eight months pregnant. She's like, I can't even see blood. I'm so squeamish. Curry's like, maybe you hired someone. She goes, I'm a substitute teacher at a public middle school. I can't afford a car, much less a hitman. And it's like that's all it takes for them to be like, okay, we believe you. Now anyone who hates Wayne or had a beef with him. And she's like, I wouldn't know besides our custody beef, Like, but we spoke through a mediator. And then they're like, well, when did you first find this? The child sex abuse images, that's one.
Speaker 1: Of my favorite inventions that I didn't know about, like the fact that if you're in custody stuff that you can use an app and like the lawyers and courts and everyone sees all your communication.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that only creat in the app.
Speaker 1: So then like no one can be lying or switching things around, and if someone's acting crazy, it's it's sent to the courts. Yeah, because people be lying and we need these kids safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then also like you would hope that it's kind of monitored.
Speaker 3: If somebody starts making threats, you can like get you know, restraining orders, like a lot of times for restraining orders and shit like that. You got to like build a case. But if it's like all there in the app, like, hopefully it's a quicker process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I knew someone that needed evidence, so instead of blocking someone, they let them continue messaging. So then there was paper trail because if you just block someone, they can get to you in other ways, at least this way, like you're seeing them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the right thing to do. It's just what this person.
Speaker 3: Did and it's technological rather than finding you in real life. Yeah, Okay, well she she says she first found these child sex abuse images a few months back, and it's like, why didn't you say anything then? And she's like, I came in today because I'm doing a month. I didn't want the stress to affect the baby. It's like, at this point, Babe, the baby's cooked, Like you should have ported this.
Speaker 2: Right away that I feel like you can trademark that that's you. The baby's cooked.
Speaker 1: The baby is cooked is definitely very care. That's like a Cara statement at eight months. I mean it could come out.
Speaker 2: It was just like you and a hot tub.
Speaker 3: If I had had my kids at eight months, they wouldn't have been nine pounds, I'll tell you that much. They would have been normal size.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm me in a hot tub trying to dip myself in and out. But she's like, listen, he promised to stop, and I believed him. So it's like she confronts at Amy said he'd stop.
Speaker 3: I don't know when the divorce came in, Like but uh, She's like, so you don't know anyone who would want to kill Darling Wayne, this beautiful, uh seeming man.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was married to a pedophile, So I guess my radar's a bit out of whack, Like I don't really trust myself. So that's a rap on Lisa, and I did enjoy her, uh, this guy has uh when they when they go through his computer, this guy has it's a wrap for Lisa.
Speaker 2: Sis episode wrap on Lisa.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Lisa.
Speaker 3: Can I just get your picture with Marishka and head out. They're going to take you to sign your paperwork.
Speaker 1: Well, I won't give much away, but I did meet someone on the street. I mean Karen's but I met someone on the street that's going to be a guest who is in an episode. But they just started raving about Marishka like it happens in real life too. I didn't say anything. They were just like she's the best, she did this and that, like out of nowhere, just on the street talking and I know, yeah, you're like number two eighty nine, Like, yeah, I can't wait to have you on the pods.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like her and Dolly Parton.
Speaker 3: I feel like that have kind of like unimpeachable reputations a little bit, you know, I can't think of, like who else does everybody always say is amazing?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of gonna say something crazy. I feel like Dolly is in another I wouldn't even put them together. Really, I think Dolly's up. I think Dolly is different. I don't know, Dolly is like a godlike figure. That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: The amount of money she gives, the amount of money.
Speaker 3: She just gives to other people, like people are like Marushka buys the crew presence wonderful. She like gives books to children and like pay for all of her employees.
Speaker 1: Don't have to compare women, Yeah, no I do.
Speaker 3: I'm breaking down my own comparison that I was putting them in the same category. They're both amazing, but I think Dolly is kind of like on another stratosphere.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's what you said, god like.
Speaker 1: But I love I mean maursh I admire. There's just something I wonder if it's the music and like Mrshka's playing this character and we only see bits of her, and Dolly is Dolly, I don't know. I uh, it's like she like solved literacy in her town, just like it's she funded the vaccine. It's kind of like, yeah, she gave Whitney the song that changed the course of the world. Like I don't know, small like her lessons, the way she took the way people talks about her body and her everything, and like so herself and I don't know. Yeah, and I'm not even a huge job. I've never seen her live. I don't have any Dolly on my iTunes, Like I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't know Dollie. I love the music.
Speaker 3: She's so good, she has amazing her voice is like she's so great.
Speaker 1: She's bish and it means more. But it feels wrong to compare anyone to Dolly. Yeah, yeah, I just I guess.
Speaker 3: I just mean in terms of, like you'll still get like an anonymous domoi of someone being like Jennifer Aniston wasn't nice one time, and I just feel like we barely we never get that on those two, just in terms of people's perception of them. Okay, so Terru's going through this Pedophiles I'm gonna go right from Dolly into Terru's going through this pedophiles computer. They've got hundreds of images. They're all untraceable. It sounds like this guy's a collector. But then they find half a dozen pictures that this guy took with his own phone, and they'reof some girl in the back of a car, and they're pg she's just sitting there like smiling, you know, and they're from the past few months. So Live is like, get these to Nickmick and get them to real time crime. I did not know what real time crime was, and so I googled it because I haven't heard them mention that in the show before. And in two thousand and five, NYPD launched a real time Crime center that are also called rtccs in two thousand and five, and it's basically an integrated tech hub that NYPD uses to solve crimes like that are happening, like unfolding I think at the moment or whatever. So I don't know, it seems like it's kind of like using technology to you know. Probably they use something like this for like Luigi, you know, like forming different units around the city trying to find not that it was him, but you know, whoever did the shooting, you know, something like. I think that's what they use these real time crime centers for. And I think they exist in other cities as well, But I've never heard them say real time crime.
Speaker 2: So that's that Live clocks at.
Speaker 3: The upholstery on the car in the photos is vinyl, so it looks like a vintage car. And then Finn is like, huh, I remember seeing an old Plymouth Fury parked outside of Miller's Airbnb, and uh, they're like, get the car towed to NYPD live in Creer, are going to go take a look see And Finn's like, you don't get carsick, do you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: He is just hazing this woman the whole episode.
Speaker 3: And I would think he was flirting if he wasn't like officially unmarried to Phoebe, you know what I mean, Like he seems like he's in a I would think he was flirting with Curry with all this, like he's just ribbing or NonStop. I've never really seen him like, no, he hates someone like this, Like the way him and Belser used to talk to each other was different or munch, I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: And even with Rollins, You're right, this is is it? Because she came in with a high rank right away? Like did she come in from the high guys upstairs? Like she's not some rookie, No, she's a captain. She's literally the same level as Live But she came from I A B. And she just liked that there, That's what I mean. I think that's why he's just like, oh this iab you know what I mean, Like, oh, maybe I kind of rat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's because she's rat squad a little bit, even though we feel, like John robert Birth is what we should call our people, the rats, the rat squads, the rat squad.
Speaker 2: But that's iab like, that's what those guys.
Speaker 1: But I mean, it's so funny. The rat squad is so funny. I have to remember that.
Speaker 3: But we like the rat squad if they're doing the right thing because cops are doing shady shit, if we've not covered a million episodes where cops are being terrible, like we do need them. So anyway, I thought we got to a place of liking them okay with John John Roberts, but I.
Speaker 1: Think that's what I mean, Like, I think she's coming in with rank and so it's like, how dare you be a captain and your I a b you're puking on the job, like humiliating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she brought a cake.
Speaker 3: I think maybe he feels like she's trying too hard or something because he needs to leave her lash like people like to bring cakes. Yeah, she's trying to get you guys to like her. What's the problem. Don't make her work so fucking hard for it. But anyway, so I do like Curry. I like Curry as a character. I'm glad they're keeping her.
Speaker 1: I do too. I'm like, so I was really happy to see her. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, at the garage, it is a nineteen fifty nine Plymouth fury good eye Finn also a car guy we didn't know, and it's Wayne Miller's cards registered to him. And the guy at the garage live goes what's your name and he goes Brendan Chestnut. She Lived goes, you look like you're not even old enough to drive. Then she goes, you get under there yet, Chestnut, and he's like it was about too, and she goes, you were about to, Like she's just really trolling this young dude. And then uh, no, back, no, patience, no, She's like, little boy, get out of my way. She ties her hair back and gets her ass on one of those roly things that go under the cars, and she's got a flashlight. I don't think i've ever seen live do this, like get underneath the car. She's underneath the car, rolling around and then she bam finds a tracker that is truly slap in the middle of the muffler. I feel like it is like right there, easy to see, and there's just a tracker magnetized to the bottom of the car. So back at the squad, Finn reports that Terru reports that the tracker was activated at a public park in kIPS Bay, which is like extremely close to Wayne's apartment, Airbnb whatevervelasco is pulling up parks department footage, which I didn't really know that New York had that much CCTV. That's a very British thing that there's CCTV everywhere, And it's like, does New.
Speaker 1: York have that everywhere? It's not something I ever they do. Nine eleven the most surveilled place in the world.
Speaker 4: I bet no.
Speaker 3: I know, like subway stations and stuff like that. I just I've never noticed it in like outdoor playgrounds and parks and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to notice this city is. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why I like they're using it to like probably get immigrants. They were trying to get tear. It's like for racial profile. It's like psycho stuff.
Speaker 3: Awful, awful anyway, they I don't know how they did.
Speaker 2: I also like that we're being so I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like I know the quote like if you're willing to give up free like liberty for security or'll get neither or something like that. Yeah, so I understand, but I like, back, that's big brother shit. It is no, but it's true, like we should not be like followed everywhere people with cameras in the house like whatever. But I like when there's footage like if you don't have a security camera and the crime was committed, I'm pissed. I'm fucking pissed. What do you mean it's not a real camera, Like people are committing crimes at all times.
Speaker 2: We need cameras everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of the thing I like about when I watch British crime shows and stuff is like they have they use CCTV so much, they have so much there they are surveilled. But they also like the cops. Half the cops don't even carry guns. I don't think and like and people don't have guns. No cops are matter, but they don't have guns.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know anyway, Velasco is pulling up the Parks Department footage, which I guess they figured out like the park near the day that this tracker went live, and they're looking at that day and he's somehow zoomed in on a video of Wayne on a park bench talking to a teen girl, but it's not the girl from the photos. So meanwhile, Curry is hanging up the phone. A nine one one call just came in from a woman who found her husband body parts laid out on a plastic sheet.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry. You know what else I want to say about Curry? An easy name to remember. Thank you, Yeah, thank you Curry. It's easy I remember. At one time, It's all I needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, uh, now they've caught this other case, So what's going on? So they go to the home of Gary Turner. It's in the East Village homicides already cleared out. But the UNI who meets them there is Officer Eddie Montero played by Eddie hargatea Marishka's cousin who's in seven different episodes. We've talked about him before, from seasons nineteen to twenty five. She peppers him into different episodes. I went to his IMDb and he's got a upcoming credit that says rumored. I'd never seen that before on IMDb, where it says rumored. But the thing he was rumored to be on was something called Law and Order Hate Crimes, and Muldoon was in it too, that guy that was like the yeah we liked meldoone, right.
Speaker 2: I liked yeah. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think that rumored shit just gets put up there and it sits there for years. Like I don't know if I don't know if Law and Order Hate Crimes is like an actual thing that's happening.
Speaker 2: But I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it is maybe Eddie Mund maybe it's Eddie Hargatay's big break, but yeah, this is her cousin. So when they get toward the body, everyone is covering their nose, except for Finn. He's too hardcore for that. It's really reminded me of Silence of the Lambs. Of course everything does, and Curry is about to hurl again, and Finn brings her to the kitchen. He puts a frying pan on the stove, turns on the burner, and then pours coffee beans into it, and it starts like simmering, smokey. So it's gonna make that apartment like smell like coffee beans, I think is already a neutralizing smell. And so it's like a good move, and he's like old school again.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: He keeps saying old school. I don't know if like this he doesn't like she's new school.
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they had an argument in an earlier episode about old school and I don't remember it, but this is the second time he's bringing it up.
Speaker 2: Gary Turner.
Speaker 3: This guy was in his sixties, a retired hedge fund guy, lost half his clients when he was put on the registry for sex abuse of a minor. So Curry suddenly yells for Benson, and which is crazy? This man his wife was on a business trip for a week. It's like, you're still married to a woman who goes out and does business for a week, and you're a sex offender.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know. Curry suddenly, I don't what do you mean?
Speaker 3: The guy who they found the body, his wife was gone on a business trip, found him, and I'm like, your husband's on the sex registry. You're still living with him and going to work to support him, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, but does she know he's on the registry? You think, yeah, he's on the registry.
Speaker 3: He lost half his clients because he's on the sex Abes registry obviously went to court. You know you think he maybe married a woman and she didn't know about it, like married or later or a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just don't worse people want to marry people off court. People say he'll stay married. Yeah, Like I guess I don't know, because you can explain everything. It's like, oh, she's a bit, or this happened or that was a lot, yeah she was nineteen yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So then Curry suddenly yells for Benson and she's like and she found another tracker.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think on.
Speaker 3: A bike or something, and and they're like, do you know what this means and lives, Like I sure do. We're looking for a cereal who goes after child predators. So again, very dexter Finn is now visiting Truman, who is the emmy in some of these I don't know why we can't just stay with Melinda. I love her, But this guy is like this sort of like nerdy medical examiner who's like, uh, just he's just got both these bodies laid out on his tables and he's just jig sawing them, like trying to figure out the putting them back together, and it's really gross, and he's like, cause of death is blunt forced trauma to the head for both of them. Turner died over a week ago when his wife left for her business trip. Uh, and Wayne was only dead twelve hours before he was found. So Truman said, this guy is sick. He fetishized his post mortem punishment. He played with the bodies. Lusco goes, so it's like someone else I know, and Truman's like, I'm not laughing, like it's not funny.
Speaker 2: And then what was the joke.
Speaker 1: The joke is that he's a medical examiner, so he plays with dead bodies. Oh, that's his little job. Yeah, he's a dumb dumb so I didn't even get it. So, yeah, I'm fucking dumber than Velasco. Well, because it's like he's not playing with them, he's his professional job.
Speaker 3: I think that's what you're thinking. It's like, no, it's just like it's stupid anyway. So, especially like in a post Rudnick world, let's not make it out like an Emmy is a murderer.
Speaker 2: That's not that long ago.
Speaker 3: So next we're seeing so many of these nasty body parts and I'm like, not okay with it. This is a network television show. It's just like too much gross decomped bodies that have been cut in half, and they were made with the cuts were made with a striated forward cutting action saw blade nine inches bimetal, maybe a jab saw.
Speaker 1: I don't know what these different saws are.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be easy to knock out a grown man or cut through a bone with a handsaw, so the killer must be strong, which I think is like an interesting thing to even say, because I think most of the time they're already calling the guy a man, right, and we're never really talking about the strength of different perpse. I feel like that's in there for later, but I'll talk about it later. So Fin gets a call from Live that they got an id on the girl from the back of car. So cut to the girl and she's alive. She's there, and she ideas Wayne from a picture and goes, yeah, that's the photographer with a nice car. He wanted me to be a model, And like, I'm sure this girl is like very cute, this actress, but they have her dress to be like it's you're not going to really get scouted on the street to be a model. This girl like she's got like dishwater hair. I don't know, I'm not seeing model. I'm not seeing model. I'm being a jerk, but I'm not seeing the wow. And yeah, sorry, I don't. I don't see this mising.
Speaker 1: And there's a classic New York broad is with this girl and it's her MoMA okay, and she's like, did this man touch my daughter?
Speaker 3: You can arrest and they're like, well we can't. He's been murdered. And she goes, well, life's the number one cause a death. And I love that life is the number one cause of death. How have we never heard of I mean, maybe that's merch. Life's the number one cause of death, Like.
Speaker 2: Like we can't do it inst quo. I don't know if it's in spirain.
Speaker 1: No, but it's like it's such, it's something to think about. And that mom has seen some shit. She's like, listen, I'm from She's like, I'm from Hunt's point. I'm filling in the blanks, like she knows that Wayne Miller was a pedophile, and her daughter keeps being like, Mom, what blanks? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: She does not understand, like what's even being implied here that her daughter got away so by the skin of her teeth of getting molested by this guy, because I guess maybe he was just taking the pictures because as far as we know, this guy hasn't actually touched anybody yet.
Speaker 2: He's just he just wants he just like wants to.
Speaker 3: We feel like he's escalating past the photos, and Nora says, well, yeah, we met on this app called k dome, and we find out that k doome started out as a messaging app for ketamine delivery, but it has grown, it has blossomed, one would say, into Craigslist for bottom feeders. It's where kids buy party drugs, and apparently it's where fucking perverts get on there to try to lure kids, probably with drugs and other kinds of shit like that. So both Wayne and Gary Turner had to counts on KATO. I'm wondering if that's based on something real, like is there a ketamine delivery app at home ketamine therapy? No, I mean it's like it's kind of like only when it's medicinal. I mean, of course I don't think this would be googleable, but whatever. So anyway back to where that's a dark web. I don't think you could just come up in the app store.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Curry is like, well, we should see if Wayne and Gary had any other overlap in their lives, and Benson's like, well, Teraru will be able to tell you. So now lives in the break room and she's looking at an old newspaper clipping of the Maria Rasino's case okay from the nine to one one episode, and Finn's like, oh, taking a walk down memory lane, and she goes, it's not memories, it's life's little question marks. And I just like, I just don't know why this life's little question marks is bothering me, because now you've said it two times. It doesn't seem like something that live would just like say, like, it seems like something from a hover What is it? Like, I don't know, I don't what. She seems like she speaks more transparently than this. This is like somebody who's like reading like inspirational quotes off Pinterest, Like I don't get it, like life, and like Finn's like, well, I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't care. He immediately launches into more information about the case.
Speaker 2: He doesn't ask her, what do you mean like little question mark?
Speaker 3: He goes anyway, So we found another overlap with these two pavotophiles, Gary and Wayne. They were both on Katome chatting up a user named previous Yam.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is a reference to, but that's what it's. The name is.
Speaker 3: They trace the the IP to Mott Haven, a section of the Bronx, to someone named James Brock, wife is deceased, two daughters, Tory and Nina, and liv says, let's vest up and pay him a visit. So up in Motthaven in the Bronx, there's snow on the ground, and they bang on the front door of this house and the front door kind of is just open, like the people inside. We hear them laughing, and the front door is unlocked and they just let themselves in. And I guess these two people laughing did not hear cops banging on their door. And we see the two girls stand up. They're James Brook's daughters, and Nina is the younger one, she's the girl from the video in the park talking to Wayne, and the older sister's like, she's not answering any of your questions, like you have to come back when our dad's home and this is Tory, okay, and she's like, we don't have to do Coury.
Speaker 1: Is the name of the past that I think needs to come to the future.
Speaker 2: Tory. I like that name.
Speaker 3: Remember on Saved by the Bell when that was like Zach's love interest. After Kelly Kapowski was off the show, they brought in a girl named Tory and she was like a cool motorcycle babe.
Speaker 1: And then there was Tory spelling. Yeah what I'm binging about, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: Also on Saved by the Bell. Also on Say by the Bell love interest for Screech. Oh, yeah, she was a nerd.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You were such a Save by the bellhead. I was huge, huge in to Say by the Bell. She was a nerd named Violence.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh my god, I loved it so much. I watched it.
Speaker 2: I even watched that were you Zach or Mario Lopez?
Speaker 3: I think, honestly, for a while, I think for a while I was ac Slater just because everybody liked Zach and I was trying to be different. But now that I'm older, I like don't find Mario Lopez. He's not my cup of tea.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I sort of liked that Ac Slater was a good dancer.
Speaker 2: He really was.
Speaker 1: He was a great dancer.
Speaker 3: And I watched The New Class I mean I was fully sold.
Speaker 1: I remember watching it, but I think it was too like it was it's a blur to me, it's a blur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like they go to the I mean, I know when. That's honestly how Leo Remedy came into my consciousness. She was Stacy Krosi Zach Zach Morris's love interest when they worked at a beach club. You know, I was really into say by the Bee. So anyway, Tory was a big character. And Tory yeah short for Victoria.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say most of the time, Oh that's news to me. Well, Victoria is a name that's still I think holding strong. Yeah to me, my brain goes Vicky. Oh, but that's a very specific to be a Vicky.
Speaker 2: I knew a Vick.
Speaker 3: My sister's roommate in college was Vicky. Yeah, and we were always like and she was such a Vicky. You know, I don't know, it's Vicky's a real choice. I mean, but then I think Vicky Gombolson is very different than another Vicky.
Speaker 1: Vicky I knew was an ice skater. Okay, still till this day. That family. This is like a friend from high school, junior hig high school. The worst behaved dog, I've one of the worst we have dogs I've ever met. This my little guy, this little friend like this Sinceio was a terror like truly I had fear from this little guy like we he had to be grab like rabid, truly psychopath. Oh my graced, everyone was terrorized by this dog.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I'm assuming, I'm assuming he's no longer with us if it was from junior high.
Speaker 1: Now the dog's dead, and yeah, she married a hawk guy. I wonder if they're still together.
Speaker 3: Do you think that was just the dog was just like they just weren't training it, like or the dog was so traumatized it was never gonna get better.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I was not like privy to like dog behavior at the time, Like I didn't know the reason, and you know, it was a pre Caesar Milan world. I feel like where people started like yeah, I was just.
Speaker 2: Like why, Like I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I've not met a dog since, like such complete chaos, like a cartoon, like a like if there was an anxious, nervous street dog in a cartoon, would be this guy just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like if somebody had that dog today, that dog would be on like lexapro. It would be like on dog anxiety meds. Like my sister's dog's on anxiety meds. Anyway, They're like, you have to come talk to us, and she's like, we don't have to do I think she says Diddley squat, which okay, and lives like okay, but your sister is like a baby, so we have to call CPS, like and she's like, well, she's not.
Speaker 1: Going anywhere without me.
Speaker 3: So they walk out of the house with the cops and now liv is giving the is giving careesy the rundown. Nina thirteen a really good kid, a straight A student. Tory is twenty one, got her GEDI at sixteen, works maintenance at a building in Midtown. They said that their dad is on a job in Atlantic City and the cops have been trying to reach him but they can't, so maybe he's on the run. And Velasco and career are interviewing Nina asking about Wayne, and she's like, yeah, that guy was really weird. I was waiting for Tory because we were going to go to a movie nearby, and this guy waved at me like he knew me and then sat next to me on the bench, asked me about school and said he had condoms in his pocket, which is gross, which is how we know Wayne has now officially yes escalated past. He was like, well, I don't know if he was like waiting for the divorce and now he's like, okay, now I can finally molest teens like he seems. Also, he's extremely pale, like they definitely cast this person being like you will make a freaky looking pedophile on CCTV footage. She said that she went and told Tory about what happened with this guy coming up to her on the bench, and Tory told her a lot of guys are like that, and that I have good instincts and I should trust my instincts. And they're like, what do you know about the k doome map? And Nina's like, I do not know what the KDO map is and I do not recognize this other guy Gary.
Speaker 1: When they show a picture of Gary.
Speaker 3: So now in another room, Careesian Benson are talking to Tory and she They're like, when did you last talk to your dad? And she's like, uh, yesterday. He's on a long job. I'm not sure when he's going to be back. He's in Atlantic City installing like twenty five hundred lights on a casino or something like that. James Brock left the building maintenance to Tory, like, I guess his company runs maintenance on a building and Tory's like, yeah, I went to trade school, so I covered I do the maintenance now. And she says he comes home every other weekend or so. They're like, okay, what does that look like?
Speaker 2: What do you guys do? Oh?
Speaker 3: We go to Lento's Pizza, order a picture of a beer, or order a picture of beer. He bitches about his bad back, and then she says she never told her dad about the Wayne situation with Nina because you know, didn't want to get him bent out of shape. And she's never heard of the ktome app and Nina would not be on that app, and she doesn't know why her dad would be either, and lives like, well, didn't you just say he has a bad back like it's a full drug site and you know that's that. So now the gang is trying to piece together a theory. James Brock went on Katome to find the guy who approached his daughter with a pocket full of condoms.
Speaker 2: Velasco comes in with some news.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: They found James Brock's car and it was towed to an impound lot six weeks ago, and so the near near a river is where it was found, and they found the guy's phone in the trunk of the car. So they go to search the Hudson River and Finn says, well, we finally tracked down the boss at that hotel job that he really was on a hotel job, but it was all wrapped up and he was supposed to be headed home a while ago. So he had told the boss that his daughter Tory needed him. So the search dogs and all their human handlers have found something. And Flasko's like looks look body pots and now we're warning.
Speaker 2: Cry really hating him more than you ever have.
Speaker 3: His accent gets like more exaggerated where he sounds like a dumb dumb like more in some of these episodes. He never bothered me before, but now with that I'm rewatching some of these more recent season episodes, I'm like, why.
Speaker 1: Are you talking like that? It's also not how we talked at the beginning. He like fell more into the Valafeco character.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like that's not how he was talking when he was undercover as a fucking influencer DJ or whatever. But anyway, as we know, every cop has an acting degree. So they're like warning Curry, like watch out, there's body parts, and she's like, she's got it now, she's third times a charm and so they're unwrapping this body part and then they realize, Okay, Tory is a suspect. We got to go check her phone. We got a loop in Creesy. So the CSU crew is like, is this the guy that you guys were looking for?
Speaker 2: And Liv goes, there's a strong probability of doom.
Speaker 3: She didn't say of doom, but just you know close you can drink half a drink if you're doing the drink when they say the name of the title. It is just kind of wild that if this guy car was towed six weeks ago, presumably he was killed six weeks ago, that it would be easy to find his remains in the Hudson River after six weeks.
Speaker 2: That's very there's a current, right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just am like, okay, I guess, but now, like I think there's a lot of bodies.
Speaker 1: In the in the in the Hudson. Also there's probably a lot of bodies in the Husband in the East River.
Speaker 3: But so now we're back from commercial into this graphic ass morgue with Truman, and the skeletal remains of James Brock are lying on the table and it's nasty because not only is this like this guy was cut up, but he also has been in the water for a long and also it's like you found all the parts.
Speaker 1: But whatever.
Speaker 3: Truman said that cause of death was also blunt force trauma, and they id'd him by comparing the DNA to a hairbrush that they founded his home. The dismemberment was not as methodical on this one, and like, so that means the killer was getting better. He says some disgusting shit that I did not write down about flesh eating organisms, and then what we're left with is that he was killed about six weeks ago. So now they go arrest Tory at her family's wiring and mechanical company, and she's like, who's gonna pick up Nina? And Finn tells Tory like, well, we found your dad's body, and she's like, Nina had nothing to do with it. I can explain, and Finn's like asks her to explain, like why now, like what happened six weeks ago?
Speaker 2: And then she lawyers up so I don't understand going.
Speaker 1: I can explain and they go, okay, explain and she goes, I want a lawyer, so smart.
Speaker 2: But don't say you can explain.
Speaker 1: Just be quiet.
Speaker 3: They founded by metal jab saw at her place of business. And also all the calls to her dad stopped about six weeks ago, the day that he went into the river, So if you weren't responsible for killing him, whyouldn't have kept calling your dad over six weeks? Right, Like that's something that's got to play into your getting away with it plan. Plus they found her catome account Live lays it all out, you catfished victims, luring them in using your little sister, and then probably she rang the doorbell in her maintenance outfit and they let her in and that's why.
Speaker 2: Both of these like didn't really show forced entry.
Speaker 3: And I just feel like the way that they were like this person must have been strong. It's like they're making such a big deal now to be like, gotcha, it's a woman, and it's like a woman can still be strong to cut up a body, like you know, women are strong, like so I just like feel like it was sort of a little hint thing because we never talk about like, oh wow, this guy cut these people up. This guy did this, and that he must be really strong, he must take steroids, like I mean, we don't really talk about that like it's a We always assume there's like some killer, that's a man out there that's doing the job. So I feel like the strength comment was to mistry to misdirect us from it being a woman anyway. Instrument cement room bars now we've but I feel.
Speaker 1: As soon as we catch that the girl's line, we know it's her, you know what I mean, Yeah, Like as soon as it's a lie, it's like, okay, well clearly you did it right, right right right, No, no strength, misstres, We're gonna get me out of that.
Speaker 2: And knowing that.
Speaker 3: Torri denies knowing who these men are, she goes they look like nice men and actually Wayne looks like powder in one of those videos, so like where he's talking to your sisters, so like, no, he does not look like it.
Speaker 2: He looks freaky.
Speaker 3: Coriesie tells the lawyer, we know you've been chatting with them on Catome and we have evidence that a tool found at your work was used to dismember two bodies, and Tori goes yuck. It's hilarious the way she says it is so funny. I didn't clock it the first time I watched the episode, but the second time they're like dismember two bodies and she goes yuck like, but she's being pretty chill about talking, saying yuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah ah, and the lawyer is like.
Speaker 3: The lawyer is like, well, a lot of people who work at this maintenance place have access to this tool.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: She's trying her best lawyering and Tory's like, so you're saying these men were bad, bad men, so like maybe they got what they deserved. And she's like, you think my dad did it and lives like why did he have a violent streak? And this touches a nerve for Tory, like you see her it in her face and they're like, babe, we found your dad in the river, and she's like, oh, right, last time I saw him, he was sad like she is. She is like very casually throwing out some excuses like they're like, yuck, dismemberments, gross, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: These guys look nice. Oh yeah, my dad did seem kind of sad.
Speaker 3: Like she's very like chill, girly, and they're like, no, this wasn't a suicide. And I think you know that right, you were protecting your sister, and maybe your dad deserved to die too, at least to his killer, he deserved to die. And she's like yeah, and a single tear like rolls down her cheek and she's like, all three of them deserved it. And I mean her lawyer a little bit has like stopped talking, but also she's like and then she goes and I liked it, And she has a moniacal smile and she goes, yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: So yikes.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now some time has passed, Tory is we're now we've moved Toy into wood room lines. Now that she's confessed, she gets a better room, okay, And it's daylight and she's in an orange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't have to like manipulate them with yeah good's things. Yeah yeah, they're not like you're gonna be in this basement forever. They're like, hey, here's a couple of degrees on the wall, and just have a good time. You want some coffee, you know, enjoy the blinds. The sunshine is pouring through. So Tory's in an orange jumpsuit and she's giving more details into like her life, and they're asking how did this all start? And she says, the night my mom died, my dad made me sleep in bed with him. I was eight and this is like awful, and so she says he made me sleep with him every night after that, and live like can't even make eye contact with this woman right now.
Speaker 2: She's like very shaken with how horrific it is.
Speaker 3: She's like you know, and Tory goes, I would think of a vice around my head like strong metal like and she's like, yeah, you were shutting out the world.
Speaker 1: You were never able to be a little girl. And they're like and then what happened?
Speaker 3: And she goes, well, I got older And then they're like, oh did he like he was obviously the worries that he was going to move on to Nina. And so when Nina was eight, meaning Tory would have been like sixteen, she saw her dad about with her, his hand on the doorknob, about to go into Nina's room, and she took him back to bed. Then she said she did that every night to protect Nina. So, I mean, I'm surprised if this guy is a pedophile, like why he would even let her distract him. But thank god, somehow Nina has not been assaulted. It seems she said it was so it was easier when he was out of town, but then he like let us know that he was coming home from Atlantic City, and I just couldn't stomach it anymore. And they're like, well, what about Wayne and Gary? Why did you kill them? And she said I wanted to make the world safe, so you know, Dextery and Tory says it was just her dad and those two.
Speaker 1: There's no more. And the lawyers like, okay, so what's the deal, and Careese's like, well, this is a tragic story, but she's still murdered. Three people like I can talk to the DA but Torri, you're going away for a long time, and they're like well, She's like, well, what's going to happen to Nina now that there's no one there to protect her? So Careese and Benson are walking and talking and like they're basically like, yeah, James Brock created a.
Speaker 2: Monster and then she killed him, and what about Nina?
Speaker 3: Lives not going to let her end up in some bad foster parent situation. So now Live and Courryer are talking to Nina explaining how Tory is going to jail and her dad is never coming home, and Nina's upset. She's crying and she's like, can I visit Tory? And they're like, yes, can we talk on the phone? They say yes, Live tells Nina She's like, what's going to happen to me? And Lives like, well, we found your grandmother, your mother's mother. She misses you and she loves you. Her name is Bonnie and she lives in Texas and she's going to take care of you. And the poor girl she looks really upset. I mean, well, they say she's going to come here and take care of you, and I'm always like, does that mean get you and bring you back to Texas or does that mean somehow Grandma Bonnie's going to start living it up in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: I don't think, so are in the Bronx, you know? So I don't know.
Speaker 3: But at the hopefully they own their house. It's kind of a nice house that they go to in the Bronx. Like, hopefully Nina gets like the money from the sale for college and she can get the fuck out of wherever she ends up in a few years. Anyway, at the bar at the end of the episode, Live is drinking some red wine and Finn's like, how you do it? And Live says good, and Finn goes, will you're drinking boxed wine? So that's a lie. It's like, I don't think Live goes to bars where the wine comes out of a box, but whatever, and he asks about.
Speaker 2: It, Oh, you know those cop bars sometimes have terrible wine.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course that's the kind of wine where I ask the bartender's like, oh, please tell me, is the wine shit?
Speaker 1: And they'll be like, don't get the wine.
Speaker 3: But he asks about this article that she keeps staring at, and she goes just remembering, and he's like, bitch, you are all over the place.
Speaker 2: You told me. It wasn't about memories.
Speaker 3: It was about life's little question marks, like which is it and lives like, well, I was just thinking about Tory, and Finn goes, she's a lunatic who gets sexual, sexually excited by dismemberment. And it's like, what she never said she it was sexual. She just said she liked killing pedophiles, Like Finn is projecting the sexual part on there unless there's a line that got cut. Okay, but Live feels for the girl. She's like, she's I can feel for her, Like how terrifying it would be like never knowing if your dad's gonna come home and be the man or the monster. Living in limbo, always calculating the probability of doom. Drink your drink, puff your joint name of the episode. Finn's putting the salt together.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: This is like Finn's big moment of being a therapist. And he goes, this isn't about Tory Brock or Maria Rossinos, It's all about you.
Speaker 2: You're scared.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'm not scared, and they're like, he goes, you're scared about the answer to your little question. What became all of the little questions? What became of her? What if she's a jerk? What if what happened was not that big of a deal to her, like it is to you, what if you meet each other and have nothing to say and lives like okay, read me, bitch, you know, like he's obviously right. And then there's a cute like she goes, well, you're not wrong, and Finn goes, there's another way you can say that, and then there's a cute little Finn Live moment and like on her way out, she goes, you're right, and she walks out the door.
Speaker 1: And then we.
Speaker 3: Don't really talk about this that much, but how is Olivia driving this big ass tahoe around Manhattan? She is driving an SUV that is I get you're a captain, but it's like you have one child.
Speaker 1: Where are you parking this fucker? It's huge. Every time she pulls out, it's like a suburban. She pulls up like one of the people picking up the celebrities after Saturday Night Live, and she pulls up to this house.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like the Burbs.
Speaker 3: It might be like the Bronx or something, because a lot of the like the house that the house that the Tory and.
Speaker 2: Nina lived in, just look like a house and the burbs kind of.
Speaker 3: And she looks through the window and sees Maria having dinner with a man like her boyfriend, her husband or whatever, and she answers the door and says Maria, and Maria just looks at her blankly, as if you wouldn't remember the gorgeous woman who rescued you all those years ago. She's barely changed, and Live just hands her the article and Maria immediately gets so emotional, gives Benson a huge hug and says, whantat you come in?
Speaker 2: And that's dick wolf.
Speaker 3: Baby, And I know Maria shows up in another episode. She comes later in another episode, so I'm gonna see more of her. But I do not know anything about these crimes really, except for gently googling them before we decided on them.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited for your run dated too, but I really hate pedophiles. So this first crime is the murder of Doximo Seja Bye at the hands of Decca Simmons. So Decca was a woman who found out that Daximo, the you know this man was allegedly and I can't believe people magazine would do this, but wrote sexual relationship with a minor and it's like that is not a thing a thing. It's ray like I don't understand. I mean, what here, what this is? This is like twenty twenty two. Oh my god. Yeah yeah, it's like it's very frustrating if people.
Speaker 3: Wrote that in like nineteen ninety nine, it's like, what are we talking about, like Seinfeld and Shirshana Lowenstein, you know, like sexu relationship with a minor, like, but for it to be like two years ago is wild.
Speaker 1: I know. I was so so yeah disappointed by People magazine. But I guess it's not like, you know, the highest court in the land. Okay, so, hey, what was the thing that you wrote to people and they took it down? I don't know if it was people, but it was something. It was like weird relationships or something. But they had some Peto's in there, and you were withins. It was about kinks. We were looking for kinks for something, so it was like a ton of kinks, but one of the kinks was wanting teens.
Speaker 3: And you're like, that's not a kink, it's illegal. And then they took it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, okay, I am a buzzkill for sure. I'm the Debbie downer of correct sexual grammar, like no, it's you do not things. Words mean things. If people don't if people see that there is no such thing as a sexual relationship with a minor, I don't call it that a casual hank. Someone was just like talking about Stockholm syndrome and beauty and the Beast, and I go, it's actually like a pretty sexist term, and you know it was created in this thing and it's not really what is happening. These women are not in love with their captors. Yeah, they have to use their captors to survive and gain trust so they can leave. And it's actually really fucked up. And they were like, oh, yeah, I'm just like working on a Beauty in the Beast joke. And I'm like, for sure, for sure you could do that, but I will ruin the Friday night hang first, so whatever. So this woman kills him because she believes that he is a pedophile. So this is Colorado twenty twenty two. But the remains of this man were not found till October fifth, twenty twenty three. They were found inside a bag and a drainage culvert and Colorado Springs after local police got an anonymous tip so so. But the cops say that they were looking for the body starting March thirtieth, twenty twenty two, like they knew that he was missing, and like they were looking for him. But prosecutors say that Simmons killed Saha, who was forty eight, in a garage after learning he allegedly had a relationship with a seventeen year old girl when he was twenty five in California. So listen, this is tough. I don't think what that is is good. But if he didn't date another seventeen year old for twenty plus years, I don't know murder because I like vigilante justice too. You know that about me.
Speaker 3: Yes, she killed him based on something he did twenty three years ago, but do we know he didn't date another seventeen year old girl?
Speaker 2: Again, we don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do not know anything, and that those details were reported from the Colorado Springs Gazette. So the prosecutor said that she has an unrestrained hatred for anyone who would molest a child, and honestly, same, I think I have that as well. But she said that she was scared her daughter was going to become a victim, and she is serving life, no possibility of parole boo, I feel like a parole in like fifteen to twenty But okay, she was sentenced August twenty first, twenty twenty four. His mom in court was like, she killed him for something he did twenty four years ago, And I guess that's the perspective I adopted a few moments ago. But she admits that he did it, but it was a long time ago, and I don't know. I don't know how to feel about this, Like I hate pedophiles, but like killed in a garage, he was not a convicted sex defender, and not that that's.
Speaker 3: Also like also not to be gross, like I think twenty five and seventeen is a gross age spread, but seventeen is legal in some states, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, so it's like, I'm sure he's like a fucking freak, but and knows that she was young, and then whoa, I guess Simmons has been suspected in three other murders but has not been charged with any of them. And then on top of her life sentence, she also got you know how I hate these silly things. But she also got twenty four years for tampering with a dead body and another three years for tampering with physical evidence, and all of these are going to be served consecutively, which doesn't matter. She will die in prison, Okay. So that's that. The next case is Sheila Labert. So Sheila's a little funky. She claimed that she was an angel sent from God to punish pedophiles, okay, And so she killed two of her boyfriends and she got caught because in two thousand and six police found her burning trash and in that trash there were bones of one of the victims. His name was Kenneth County and then also Michael Delogue. His remains were found on her horse farm, on her property, and he was killed in two thousand and five County. She met when he was twenty four years old, and he does have a learning disability when she meets him, and they met through a personal ad February two thousand and six, and he moved in with her, and that was the last time anyone saw like the last time anyone saw him alive. She was pushing him around in a wheelchair in Walmart and his face and hands were covered in cuts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So was she torturing him.
Speaker 1: You think, yeah, not only torture, but she did tape her crimes, and those tapes were later shown in court, so you can imagine quite damning, quite damning. So in the torture session tapes, which does sound like a Taylor Swift, you know, kind of extra video. But so in the torture tapes, she would is that the merch Okay, So she liked the session tapes because she would listen to them and during the torture she forced them to admit that they were pedophiles. I mentioned, like the last time you were seen alive was at this Walmart being pushed around. And then very shortly after that Walmart incident, the Epping police and Epping is in New Hampshire, fifty miles outside of Boston. And so the Epping police, they's funny word Epping, you know that being police got a phone call that played the audio of County confessing to being a pedophile. So they went to her house. Obviously that's where the call came from. So she played a tape of like him admitting he was a pedophile. So they go to her house and it's like she wanted to get caught, so like they went down there to do a welfare check, and there was a burn pile, and in the burn pile was fleshy human bone fragments and a pair of sneakers. And it's like when you just kind of maybe even cover that up, like truly just a blanket, like I don't know, like just to have like fleshy bones when you made the phone call.
Speaker 2: Like what, yeah, it is wild, I don't get it. Hide the evidence.
Speaker 1: So her farm whatever, this is a huge New Hampshire crime. Obviously, probably nothing of her happens there in that tiny little state, so famous crime. And when they tried to get her, they she attempted to flee. So that's pretty fun. And like I said, she's like a funky gal. So she did admit that finally she stabbed County to death before burning his body, and confessed to killing the Logue and burned his body, but nobody actually knows how he died. So crazy. The trial was five weeks. The defense was that she's a delusional woman who believed every man in her life was a pedophile and saw herself as an avenging angel. When she was young, she swallowed a bottle of pills and slid into a car and drove until she passed out at the wheel and then crashed her car. That's like six things in a row you shouldn't do. But she was rushed to a hospital and spent more than a week in a coma. When she woke up, that's when the visions of her angel life came about.
Speaker 2: So she died.
Speaker 1: She said she found herself seated at a table with a bunch of men with long beards, and one of the men was God, and she was told by God that her work on earth was not done and returned her to with the order to kill pedophiles. So yeah, she's like on to kill perverts like the men who hurt her when she was little.
Speaker 2: So that's the defense.
Speaker 1: The prosecution said, no, she is a crude, manipulative, cruel, and vindictive woman who violently lashed out at the men she dated. And that's a quote from NBC News. She was convicted June two thousand and eight, at forty nine years old of murder, and the jury did not believe she was an angel with a mission. She got life in prison without parole, and when it was announced, the relatives of the victims burst into applause, Like people were pretty pumped and listen.
Speaker 2: What are the guys pedophiles? I don't know because because like the confession, right, I think she.
Speaker 1: Coursed them, like why are you like if you're if it's kind of like the House of Horror's guy, like, if you're picking up people that are like intellectually disabled, you're abusing.
Speaker 2: There's actually more abuse. There's more.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll discuss this further, but no, an, I won't have an answer to that question. There's more, so okay, and yeah, I'll be the guilty verdict. It's not surprising because of the you know, the pile of bones, and the jury watched the videos she made of herself while she was interrogating and braiding the victims. But yeah, her lawyer just kept being like, this is a deeply crazy and insane woman, and.
Speaker 3: Like, well, it sounds like she might have had a traumatic brain injury from that car crash.
Speaker 2: Damn, you know, but I'm no doctor.
Speaker 1: No, but they The next thing I was going to say was about a doctor, doctor Albert drunk, a teenie drunk, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Drunk, Tennis read that name. What do you think it is? Drunk?
Speaker 1: A teenies? Doctor Albert drunk teenies. Yeah, but the word drunk is fully in this man's name. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: But also teenie makes it sound like a fun drink as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drunk teenies, it's like grain alcohol and sprite. So the state he's the safe forensic psychologist, and he testified that she was sane. He reviewed more than eight thousand pages of her case file and interviewed her three times, so he spent over twelve hours with her, and the doctor said she answered all the questions well and tried to explain away evidence that made her look bad, so that means she gets what's going on. And the thing is she did have some issues with her mental health, but not enough evidence that the reason she committed the crime and what caused her to kill was the mental illness, so that's that. In one taped interview where they played in court, she said that she was driven been to kill the loge because he was hurting and killing her animals, and then also said County's death was an accident, so she was like confessing to things but with random facts. She did spend time in a psychiatric facility in the early nineteen eighties after attempting to take her own life, and then an ex husband of hers said that she would turn violent with mood swings, and she had a lot of mood disorders. She had a lot of ex husbands as well, so the last one she actually never legally married, but she took his last name Labert. His name was Bill Labert, and he died. She took the entire estate, which included the farm, and the deceased children were pissed and they were like, what the fuck you crazy bitch, And she's like, I don't care, but it's not Also, exes, we can't always trust exes, like other people said terrible things about her, that she had a boyfriend who she took a hatchet to and hacked into his trailer while he was sleeping. She also once took a revolver and fired shots at a boyfriend as he ran through a field. Like I said, a KOOKI girl. Is the sexism? Sure, reverse, I don't care, Like, I don't know why I'm not taking this as seriously as I should. But you know it's hard. She does seem wild, so old, the old neighbors. Well, this is where it gets really serious. I mean it is serious. Men have died, Okay, so neighbors said that she did keep men in cages on her property.
Speaker 2: What yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I am looking at a photo of her, and there's a photo of her in court smiling, and she does not have a soul. Shark eyes to the max, Like there's nothing behind those eyes. She is like a fucking salamander. Okay, oh man, yeah, Like right, don't you feel like she's soulless? Let me see. Oh yeah, look at those little sharkies. Yeah, she kind of she's grinning in this picture too, she looks yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean also she was forty nine, this could have been menopause. Also on top of all of her mood disorders.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like why the device should have used that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like they don't study it and people are going fucking crazy and doing crazy shit.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: Like, if you already are prone to mood disorders, moods, you know, then it's like suddenly around the time perimenopause and many menopause, that's in she's an avenging angel and has to do all this.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's a good point.
Speaker 1: But like all classic psychas, she was abused and had a nightmare childhood, and her sibling from that She was sexual and emotionally abused by her dad and his friends, but so was her sister, who did not murder anybody. She tried to appeal it was rejected in twenty ten. There is no evidence these men were pedophiles. She is still in prison at the New Hampshire State Prison for Women. And to leave you on a cliffhanger. There were also three toes near her farm, but forensic analysis determined it was not County or de Logue, and a DNA match has not surfaced yet.
Speaker 3: Whoa drifter? She probably just killed some drifter, like someone who never got reported missing or something. Yeah, damn okay, damn damn, damn sheilah.
Speaker 1: This one's fucked okay. So Queens, New York. This is about a twenty six year old woman named Bridget Harris. And this is in two thousand and seven that she's like twenty six and this is happening. So it's an early summer afternoon. So Harris takes a two hour subway and fairy ride from her place in Queen's to her sister's place in Staten Islands. Her sister, Carlen, was trying to calm her down and like want basically was explaining like, come over, Dad is here and he wants to apologize. What does he want to apologize for? Classic, And he didn't even fucking want to apologize, Like this is a nightmare.
Speaker 2: She had a really terrible life.
Speaker 1: He raped her, molested her, beat her from the age of three, forced the forced to at four years old, like started orally raping her at four years old, and she remembers him laughing and being like, oh, I'll teach you how to do that better. But her birth mother abandoned her, so and her three other children to the foster care system and left for Liberia. So when Bridge it's two years old, her mom abandons her and her siblings to go to Liberia. Then she gets into Liberia to live with her mother, and the like beatings and abuse by her mom were so unbearable she actually went to go live with her father again. But like then he left her with his girlfriend who beat the shit out of her and put ground hot peppers in her wounds. Oh my god, it's bad, Oh my god. So like so now she's fifteen, she's with her fucking dad again, and then finally at eighteen, she can leave Africa. So the dad everyone wants to Africa, so like she's leaving Liberia, she comes back to the US and she's trying to build a new life for herself. At first she stayed with family shelters, but then started working. She ended up being a security guard at JFK. So we're back. So that was like her past. So that's like the traumatic past. And the dad just like raped his children for a long time. So now we're in the kitchen of her sister's apartment, and she walked into the kitchen and there was her dad, Eric Goodrich, who is fifty five years old. When this is going down, she hadn't seen him in five years. He had the kidney stone, and he just looked different than she imagined and agreed was suffering from a kidney stone. Yeah, I guess he was, Like he had a kidney stone. He was like one actively that's like the most painful thing that men go through apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a wild So he's in there like, now I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to take the opportunity to apologize to my daughter's from molesting them while I'm going through fully painful.
Speaker 1: Of course he doesn't, of course he doesn't. Of course he's a piece of shit. So what else we need to talk, but first go get me a beverage and sends her to go get him a vight splash.
Speaker 2: The details a vight splash, Okay, So she.
Speaker 1: Comes back and then something stopped her, like she really like she saw her eight year old niece, Edina Carlean's daughter laughing and playing in good Rich's lap, and Harris just like knew she had to do something. She's like, I need to set up another meeting and I need to make sure like my niece and my other niece Monique are like do not Because then he tells her, he's like, hey, I'm planning to take the nieces to fucking Liberia.
Speaker 2: So she hears all this, she sees it.
Speaker 1: She goes, I need to make sure he never hurts my nieces and abuses nobody else.
Speaker 2: So she made a video.
Speaker 1: A lot of videos here, a lot of audio visual queens, and so she makes a video explaining herself and why she needs to do it. But she doesn't want to kill him. She just wants to Loraina bob at him, like Lorena Bobbitt was in the zeitgeist, was very popular. She did a bunch of research. She found out no one dies from this. She and she did research on how to cut his dick off without killing him, and she bought a pack of scalpels on ebit. So then it was a pack of fifty. I was like, girl, you don't need that many. Yeah, cool, so splash the pack of fifty scalpels.
Speaker 2: The details are amazing, you.
Speaker 1: Know what it's because it was like there was news articles, but there was a long form piece in New York magazine.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, they got the dates. They usually get the dates.
Speaker 1: So she also explains, like in the video that she makes, that she doesn't understand how her sister's okay like taking her dad in when she has like girl like young girls like. It just drove her fucking crazy. So the morning of July twenty eighth, the dad and her agreed to meet at her apartment. She sprayed him with pepper spray. I fought a coffee table broke. She overpowered him, I mean she was a security guard, and he passed out. She handcuffed his ass, but he was having trouble breathing, so she tried to revive him. He woke up and started screaming, so she had to gag his ass and so she gagged him with a towel, put a towel in his mouth, and then pulled down his pants and tried first with scissors, but it didn't work, so she got her scalpels, and she took the penis and put it on the stove and turned.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Casey's laughing and it's made me laugh.
Speaker 4: I am like, I am like.
Speaker 2: My mouth is on the floor, my jaw is on the floor. Go on, Okay, this is so serious.
Speaker 1: Okay. So she took the penis to the stove and turned on the flame, and then she bolted from the house and then she took the burnt dick and threw it under the boardwalk. So that was the plan. She was arrested one month later and was charged with murder by the Queen's DA's off, of course, so he died. He did die. He did die, and she admitted in person that she killed her dad, but she didn't mean too. She just wanted to make sure he didn't molest anybody else. He gagged, so he didn't even die from the penis cutting. He died from like exphyxiation on the rag. Oh, so that's why it wasn't like So she did it.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 1: It's going to get complicated in the court proceedings, I guess, but like.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm not going to feel bad for a guy that died who was raping his daughters from age three.
Speaker 2: Like I feel nothing. I feel nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he was found bound and gagged in the third floor apartment two thousand and seven, strangled and sexually mutilated. But it's not even sexually mutilated. It's just her dicks chopped off, Okay, but SV would be caught and he was handcuffed and you know, like the penis severed, you know, towel stuff in his mouth. So the trial lasted two weeks. The jury deliberation lasted for three hours. So she was charged with second degree murder and first degree manslaughter on September thirtieth, two thousand and nine. But the jury said in Supreme Court they did not want her to go to prison, and they gave her the most lenient charge they could legally give her, but they had to convict her. So they did convict her, you know, of the things that she did, but they acquitted her of every other serious charge, which was second whatever.
Speaker 2: I can't with any other serious.
Speaker 3: Charges, second degree manslaughter or why do you get second dream murder and first degree manslaughter?
Speaker 2: Why isn't just one or the other? I told you it got complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, because it's like maybe the slaughter.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 1: Know it's not first story because she didn't plan on killing him. But also like the injuries she caught, like she put the gat in his mouth.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, it seems like he would be one or the other. But the lawyers have to tell me the difference.
Speaker 2: But go on.
Speaker 1: So they also made sure she had possibility of parole, and the jury then wrote left letters to the judge asking for her time served like during this, Like she was held in custody during this, like the trial and all of this, and it took years, so they wanted her time already served to count towards the sentence. They did not want her to be put away because they said that was not justice. The best jury ever. On top of send writing letters on her behalf, they sent her books, CDs, people offered her jobs, and when she got out, they offered her free counseling.
Speaker 2: So this is like a superstar jury.
Speaker 3: She's not going to kill anybody else, like, she's not going to be a danger to anyone else, Like she was trying to cut her dad's dick off because he was a fucking monster.
Speaker 1: So she got five to fifteen years max. She was sent upstate to Bedford Hill Correctional Facility in two thousand and seven and in twenty twelve. She was paroled released in August twenty twelve, and.
Speaker 3: Her nieces because of her were at least saved from being molested from their grandfather.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh tough stuff. So we had one. This last crime is an A plus.
Speaker 2: Good for you. I'm glad she did it.
Speaker 3: The middle one is confusing and she seems a little cuckoo. And then the top one.
Speaker 1: I don't know something you did twenty four years ago, but maybe she knew more. Maybe she knew more. Yeah, they're all very different, but obviously we all, uh, we all are rooting for Bridget.
Speaker 2: Bridget Harris. Hope you're out there. I hope you got hired.
Speaker 1: I hope you're living well and people helped you and you've gotten all the counseling you need. Yeah, and maybe you should have drugged him, Like if she thought threw it more, she could have drugged him and then cut his dick off while he just slept, you know.
Speaker 2: But he wouldn't stop screaming, so I understand she had to gag him.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on because we have a great guest today that's going to cleanse the palette of this, the pedophilia palette.
Speaker 1: Let's get to that merch. But I don't think people want to wear pedophilia.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no, I don't think places will print it. Our guest today is an actor and singer who is currently on the national tour excuse me for the Tony Award winning musical Kimberly a Kimbo, but you know her best as the pedophile murderer Tory Brock. Please enjoy our wonderful chat with Sarah and Marion.
Speaker 1: We're so happier here. We watched Happy to Be Here, such a performance. You were booked on your performance.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was a crazy, crazy primetime debut because I had only done two other TV episodes prior to that, and like the amount of like screen time I had comparatively to my first two. It was like, oh, I have eight minutes of screen time in an SPU episode, Like who gets that?
Speaker 1: You know this crazy analogues, arrests, interviews. It was really juicy your part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what had you auditioned for SU before or was this like your first no.
Speaker 4: Wow auditioned for SVU before? I had auditioned for several I think I got auditioned for FBI, Most Wanted and a couple of shows like that, lots of you know, cop shows where they're looking for a big, scary, burly person, but not for SVU. And it was actually really funny. The timeline of when I got the audition to when I was on set was one week. I got the audition on a Tuesday night, and I was on set the following Tuesday getting fitted for my costumes.
Speaker 1: It was like that, it was crazy crazy, So you just got to work highlighting.
Speaker 4: I literally, I literally just got to work. And you know, one of the things people ask me it was like, you know, how did it feel with my gush you were on SVU, And I was like, I didn't have any time to feel anything. I just came and did my job. That was it. It was. It was a really wild experience and the only audition that I had for it was just a self tape that I filmed in my sister's basement. Like that was.
Speaker 1: Amazing because we talked to a lot of actors.
Speaker 3: That have done the show, and most of them are like, oh my god, I've auditioned ten times. And we recently talked to somebody who auditioned for fifteen years and finally got to play like a really really like vile battie on the show. But obviously you're too young to have auditioned for so many years.
Speaker 2: But like, it's cool that you nailed it on your first one.
Speaker 4: It was. It was really cool and gratifying experience. And you know, my dad used to watch SVU, you know, when I was a little kid, so like to be able to grow up and get to be on one of his favorite shows was so cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, so where are you from and where do you live? And where was where was your sister's basement for the audition? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I grew up in California in Orange County and then I moved to New York. About seven and a half years ago, I was filming in my sister's basement in Virginia because she had asked me to come babysit her kids while she and her husband went on a little vacation. So I was there watching my sister's kids. I had the baby monitor next to me, trying to make sure that I'm not waking up anybody. So I'm all the way down in the basement trying to film this scene where I'm talking about getting raped and their tears coming down my eyes, and every every other take I had to be like, is a baby like okay, okay? Like it was. It was a crazy experience. I think it was like one in the morning, and I was filming with my fiance and over overdom because he was back in New York.
Speaker 2: It was wild wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I sent in the tape I think on Thursday, and then I was like, well, send the tape. We're done with it. You know, most people don't hear back from that kind of thing. You just send it off into the void and see what the universe returns. And then Monday morning, I got a call from my agent at like ten am and she was like, so you booked it. How quickly can you be back in New York? And I was like, I'm watching my sisters kids right now. But luckily my mom was able to come in and swap over, so literally, I think Monday morning. I was on a plane the next day at six am on Tuesday at the SBU offices at noon getting fitted for my scenes.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: It was a crazy, crazy whirlwind experience.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 3: And of course we like went to your Instagram to do a little digging and saw, you know you and Marishka had a nice little moment and you know you, you were like you were saying how much she meant to you, and then she wrote back saying how great you were.
Speaker 4: I was like love this, yeah, oh my gosh. So actually that picture that's on my Instagram, that happened an hour after we shot the scene where not where I'm in the orange jumpsuit where I'm confessing to everything, but when she like breaks me down and then I you know say that I enjoyed, you know, doing We took that picture like an hour after we finished shooting that scene. And I remember I was waiting, you know, in the in the studio, they have these tables set up for like craft services and if they have you o caterers like you can go and they're kind of in between where the dressing rooms are and where the sets are, so I was just kind of standing there hoping because she had many more scenes to shoot that day. So it's just standing there in my in my sweatpants, and I was like, I hope I get to see her and just tell her how much that meant to me. And she saw me as she was literally going to shoot another scene and she stopped me. She gave me this big hug and she just told me, you know, such such sweet things. And then she said, did we have a picture together yet? And I was like no, and I have like tears in my eyes if you can see in that picture, I'm like, my nose is bright red and I have tears. But yeah, that that was a crazy, crazy experience. And it was fully her idea to be like, let's take a picture. And I was like thank you because I wasn't even thinking about that. I was just trying to tell her, like how special the experience I'd been.
Speaker 2: She's like thoughtful, that's thoughtful, pro movie.
Speaker 4: Like she's the greatest, Like she she is such an incredible human being and she's such professional. I remember my first that first day that I was on set. I wasn't even shooting that day, but I was just getting my fitting's done. I was sitting in the dressing room area and I can hear everyone talking on you know, the radio, and being like, okay, Peter is walking, Ice is walking, and then finally she is walking, and I swear to god, it was dead silent, and then you just hear the sound of stilettos on the tile of her coming down to the studio. It was like out of body experience, and I was like, Wow, holy shit, this is really happening. And I didn't even see her that day, but I just like heard her walking down the hallway and I nearly feigted. It was incredible. And she's such a force of nature. And every so often she'll like one of my Instagram posts and I'm like, what, what is real life? What is happening? Okay, I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear, no, that's like what we It's just like she doesn't have to follow people that just come on and do like one guest star, you know what I mean. Like, and it feels like she does that and is like responded to your post like and just just like a sweet she kind of goes out of her way and starting twenty seventh season of her show, like she really doesn't have to do any of that. You know, she knows kind of earned asshole rights if she wants them, but she doesn't do that absolutely.
Speaker 4: You know, she has definitely paid her dues and paved her way, and I didn't expect anything from her, but she was so kind to me. I think that scene that we shot, you know, before we took that picture where you know, she's breaking me down and I, you know, spill the beans. I tell everyone what happened. We have such an intense moment. It was very vulnerable on set because I remember being very nervous. I had my hands up under the interrogation table and I pressed my knees up against my hands just to like feel how uncomfortable it was because it's a really intense and vulnerable scene. And I remember in the sprit the the stage direction said Tory squirmed in her seat when Benson asks her something, and so I did that. I did what the stage direction said, and Marshkill looked at me and she was just like, you know you're doing that, and you take all the intensity out of the scene. I need you to look me dead in the eyes and feel it all internally. And she coached me through this scene and it was a very personal, very intense moment because she saw in me that I was able to do it. But then she was like, let's do this, and this is how we're going to get there, because she's done this, you know, million times. You know, she's she's done this scene where she's interrogating somebody over and over and so she knows how, you know, this special formula goes. But I didn't feel like she was just like, okay, carbon copy, here we go, copy paste whatever. She was looking at me and she was like, this is how you, as the actress, Sarah Lynne, is going to do this scene, and let's do it together. And then after that I think was the take that was used in the episode. It was like, it was a very intense moment. So I feel really grateful that I had that connection with her because she certainly doesn't have to follow me back on Instagram. She certainly and have to comment on my posts. But we shared a really uh intense day. Yeah, in the next couple of days actually.
Speaker 2: And did you watch your episode?
Speaker 4: Of course I did so. Yeah, we had a little viewing party. Actually, my mom flew out to New York and we watched it in real time, and so it was my mom, myself, my fiance, and our roommate all squished together on our couch and we're watching the show unfold and it was really funny. My fiance turned to everyone, you know, during a commercial breaking it was like, I think the killer's in the room with us. It was really funny and special. And then all my siblings on the West Coast back in California were watching it in real time California time. So then three hours later we did it again and watched it with that Oh cute. It was really special. I have a really good support system and everyone was really excited to see me do this. The look on my brother's face when I was like and I liked it, he was like he was really he was really uh weirded out by that. But he's a big supporter of mine.
Speaker 1: And you want a Jimmy I sure did.
Speaker 4: Twelve years ago. Oh my god, I'm huge. Yeah, it is huge. It's it's kind of surreal to think about because at that point in time, I had been rejected from every musical theater college I auditioned for, and so I was like, well, is this right for me? Maybe I should move to La and be a pop star or try to get in TV film like his musical theater my gig. And then I went to the Jimmy's and I won, and I was like, okay, Universe, what which sign should I listen to? But it was that was a whirlwind experience as well. But it's crazy to think how much my life has changed since then because I was twelve years ago.
Speaker 2: What are you doing now? You're in a hotel?
Speaker 4: Sorry to spill this, yes I am so it's okay. I am on the national tour of Kimberly A Kimbo, which was the Tony winning musical of twenty twenty three. So we are traveling the country. I've been on the road since September of last year, so a whole year so far, and we have about we're done in May, so what is that seven eight months ago?
Speaker 2: That's insane And.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because you know, obviously I was creeping on your Insta, as I've said, and like one of your pin posts is you like sending a text to somebody basically manifesting I want to be in Kimberly a Kimbo. I want to do the tour and then you've got it. And then you are do we Yeah, I love a manifest I love a manifestation come true.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a.
Speaker 4: Text that I had sent to one of my previous college professors then coach, and I would do private coachings with her, just telling her like what I was trying to focus on. And I knew that I wanted to be a part of the tour somehow, so I just told her. I was like, these are my goals, but you know, I just want to hit twenty twenty four hard. And then I did. I had SBU in February, and then I got the tour in August, and I am just really.
Speaker 2: And then you got engaged in discursis it right?
Speaker 4: And I got engaged in December twenty twenty four. Crazy for you. It was a big year for me.
Speaker 2: What's your dream role on Broadway?
Speaker 4: That's a really good question. Oh yeah, I don't think it's been written yet. To be honest, I you know, what I really want to do with my career is break stereotypes of what people think that people who look like me can do. I have met so many multifaceted, multi talented people that you know, just haven't had the right opportunities and I want to continue to like push boundaries. So I want to play roles that people don't think that I can play. And that's something that I've experienced being on the road and even being on SVU. I've had people DM me on Instagram saying like he was really moving to see an essay survivor you know that was a plus size person because I feel like it's underrepresented because it is so real. I had someone call me a good friend and then call me and tears, just being like this was so beautiful and so spot on, thank you so much. So you know, it's it's tough, but I that's what I want to do. So yeah, that was a long winded answer, but I don't think it's I don't think it's out there yet. My dream role, my dream roles, just just keep keep doing it and keep telling stories.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's not so cliche at all. Well Yeah, well usually ask what's next, but we know what you're doing till May. Yeah, you're really busy.
Speaker 4: Well after I mean after May, I'm just planning my wedding. Yeah, that's basically the it's we're shooting for October of next year, so we're just about a year away. We have a lot of you know, details to finalize and things like that. We took our engagement photos on the subway, which was really cool and we just got those back so cute. We're going to be posting those. But yeah, Kimberly Kimbo, the engage photo, the engagement photos, they'll be dropping very soon. But yeah, just doing doing Kimberly a Kimbo. You know, the show is really special and because it has an end date, I was just like, well, let me just do it as long as I can, because once it's gone, it's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys are all over the We'll tell our listeners to go check it out.
Speaker 2: All over.
Speaker 3: The guys are all over the East co do in the South, oh yeah, and the South.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're in the South for a lot right now. We come back up to the Midwest in the winter in like January and February, and then we're back down in Florida. We're in Florida this November and then in April of next year, so we're kind of like all over the place. We have already hit most of our West Coast stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I was looking. I was like, oh, it's not coming here to La or or it came. I missed it in La and we already came. Yeah it was last year. Oh damn, sorry I missed. I know because I was hearing so many great things about that on Broadway too, and I was thinking about going to see when it was on Broadway.
Speaker 1: But wait, you know what, this has been incredible, but we you got arrested by Iced Tea.
Speaker 2: Bye uh and yeah the yeah, we need the iced tea.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. So first things first, Iced Tea is like the coolest person I've ever met, Like, un ironically, this man is like dripping swag. He is so cool, and I was like, I felt like a little awkward teenager in his presence, and you know, he's just a force to be reckoned with as he is. But on set he was so caring and attentive. And every time they would yell cut, because you know, I have the handcuffs behind my back and he's walking me forward. Every time they would yell cut, he would undo the handcuffs and he said, I know these things are so uncomfortable and they'll never let you out of them. So he was like being so mindful to me and like my comfort and like because he's done this scene a million times where he's walking a purf out, but we're a couple of moments where he was guiding me out and I have my hands behind my back and the camera's up in my face and then we would like turn around, and twice I stepped on his foot and I've never been so embarrassed in my life. But it was it was so cool. That's we shot it. I think it was like seven am. That was a really early day on set because I guess they had several things to shoot after the fact. But we were in this random basement of this apartment building downtown because I was supposed to be arrested, you know, in my workplace, because I was supposed to be a superintendent of an apartment building. So yeah, that was I think we shot that scene. And a place to keep.
Speaker 3: All of your like buzz saws that you were using for all of your work.
Speaker 4: My bimetal job saw. It's just really funny that it's funny. Actually, the the bimetal job saw is like this long. It's like seven inches long, and it's basically like a pumpkin carving knife. It's a really tiny little saw. So it's just kind of funny to think about the fact that Tory had to dismember men with this tiny She's got to.
Speaker 2: Be like using like a turkey carve. That's so cra basically.
Speaker 4: Basically, but you know it was, you know, she enjoyed it, so yeah, what works for I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what a lady Dexter does, you know, basically, you know, damn Yeah, thank you so much for taking the time to talk to us. Thank you great. Believe she's on the road. Go see Kimberly Akimbo if it's coming to your city. How fun.
Speaker 3: I love when someone takes the time to call into our pod from a hotel from the road.
Speaker 2: They're busy, but they're coming on and I want, I.
Speaker 1: Hope, I want to see wedding photos when they happen, and I want to Yeah, I want to know what the salsa scene is like in New York City, the salsa.
Speaker 2: She's cool. She was really cool. I think she's going to go on to.
Speaker 1: Do big things and soulsa of course we think about along King Polly, and of course Hank Kazaria is in that movie.
Speaker 2: So just another time around out.
Speaker 1: Oh, maam, Oh my gosh, this was a good episode. I mean, it's hard not to cheer for. Yeah, I don't want it in prison, but yeah, it's gotta go. It's the chopping. Maybe if she didn't do so much of the chopping. The chopping and the oh I mean I'm speaking of chopping. I really plugged along in Dexter yesterday. I've met the people, I've met all the people. I'm having a good time.
Speaker 3: Isn't it so soun It's a little silly, but it's really fun, Like, it's really fun fun. The dinklage of it all is like what's going on? But like, I think that's great. I think it's good that that show like embraces a little bit of camp and that they're not like.
Speaker 2: No, they are like, we are going to give these fans what they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And it's a ragtag team of killers and Dexter.
Speaker 2: And the cat as Hell.
Speaker 3: Jared walks by my bed where I'm watching, and he goes, Uma, Thurman's in this.
Speaker 2: I mean, like they got huge people to be in the And who's.
Speaker 1: The guy that did a podcast from first Class married to gs Machaka, Yeah, he's in it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, oh somebody, Oh, I mean like Kristin Ritter, I love her.
Speaker 1: Don't trust the bee, you know, to get in an SVU, what the fuck should be perfect? Yes, she really would.
Speaker 3: I feel like she got really big, really fast or something, but she'd be good as like the main guest star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, they needed to go back to the Mafia days of Neil Baer. You want an Emmy, I'll get you an emmy. Yeah, come do the show. I'll get you an Emmy. Like we're like that exact thing again, like coming on and be and or getting people that you would never expect to do a procedural like that, like a Margaret Chow or like a Martin Short or whatever to come on. Bob Saggatt even, I think that was like so cool when they did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there might be you know, two podcast girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who could I can hand a bailiff piece of paper.
Speaker 3: I could be a bailiff, you know. All right, Uh, let's the post mortem on this.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you went to bailiff like the worst outfit you could possibly.
Speaker 2: Have for television.
Speaker 3: I know I was thinking of something that's like wordless, but I'd also really like like tip talk.
Speaker 2: I'd love to be like I would love to like own.
Speaker 1: We should stand up in the court for like in the galley for like something wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did it. He's lying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you told me you loved me. Like, yeah, we've got it. We've got it. It's got to be something good. But the post mortem on this is shit, Like they really these last fucking seasons, they went so gory with a lot of stuff just like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just killing another freak murder. I stay tuned. What we're doing, another fucked up episode. Yeah, we're a fucked up episode.
Speaker 2: I wonder I take a guess. I bet they can. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We used to just be like, oh, they killed a pedophile, and now it's like they killed a p file, sawed them up, wrap them up.
Speaker 2: Laid them out. Like it's just it's so like okay.
Speaker 1: But I I mean they did keep talking about her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the acting is really good in this one. I do like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, that's how she that's how it happened. I feel like I watched it. I was like, we gotta get this girl. Yeah this is in audible. Yeah she was amazing, And I don't know how the show became inside the Actors Studio. But it did slowly, but Shirley, it really did. When you get to the Pearly Gates, what would you like to hear? God say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like literally we're like, and what's your favorite craft services snack?
Speaker 1: It is fun and it's like unfortunately me included. The world is like I guess like starfuckers out about and that is what. And when you tell people you have a podcast, they're like okay, and then you go why Clef was on and they go, oh, okay, Like for summary, or if it's a stew fan, you can be like got Craig and they're like, wait, you got beauty Wall you know what I mean? Like for like, that is the part that legitimizes it to people that you're like talking to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because otherwise have any idea. It's just you and your friend talking about bullshit.
Speaker 1: Which it would be fine and cool too, but yeah, it's like it makes it seem legit to people. Yeah, but what who did we have where our friend? He's the priest in American Horror Story. We loved him?
Speaker 3: Oh and a priest in this Dennis O'Hair. Wow, that came out of nowhere. Dennis o' hair.
Speaker 1: Our friend was like, oh, I couldn't believe you got him. I go, excuse me. We've had an Oscar winner, thank you very much. Yeah, thank you very much. And I think we've had tony winners. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Our podcast Grammy got yeah, an Emmy.
Speaker 3: Because we've had Attie Griffin, so we've got it as a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, we should make an infographic, yes we should. Yeah, the police. We have a little side project for you, producer. And this guest from today, Sarahlynn won the Jimmy, so we were g got wet. And if we're eve, if we've e've gouided, we've definitely globed. Yeah, like if because if people want Emmys, and also they've won the Globes for the things too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah Marcia Gay won the Globe for somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, I'll figure out for next, Like Marishka's definitely won a Globe if she just want an Emmy.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just I feel like it's happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought we've had.
Speaker 3: Yes, not that we've had her, but one day. Okay, let's move on to our what would Sister Peg do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: This is our weekly segment where we direct you to an organization, a book, a documentary thing to give you more info about what we talked about today. And I was noticing in when I looked up this crime really quickly that Brigitte Harris, who killed her pedophile father, that when she was interviewed from prison, she said that she looked forward to advocating for this one group called Steps to End Family Violence. So this week we're directing you to that organization. It's actually that organizations called Rising Ground. It's a social services organization in New York City. It's a huge organization that provides multiple services including youth development, foster care, and immigration services. And they specifically have this program called Steps to End Family Violence. I think they have another program called just Us that's like for women in LGBT, so that's another great program. But this one is Steps to End Family Violence, which is their collection of domestic violence programs that seeks to heal and prevent family violence. And Brigitte Harris said she wanted to work with this organization after she got out of prison, and I believe they did a lot of work with the Bedford Crictional I believe is where she was imprisoned and they do a lot of work with those inmates. So for more info or to donate, head over to Risingground dot org and that will be linked in our show notes as usual, and we'll be posted in a Instagram story on our That's Messed Up pod Instagram account and saved forever in our WWSPD highlights.
Speaker 1: Next week we'll be doing rape Interrupted from season eighteen, episode five. Sorry I said that kind of like a newscaster. But you know, now that I've raged for so much this episode, I kind of like, now you're tired.
Speaker 2: Now I'm tired, and app I need a moment, I mean like a moment from all Right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let Lisa sleep and we are going to see you guys next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: We love you, Bye bye, Love you guys. That's Messed Up as an exactly right production. If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed up Pod and follow us personally at Kara Klank and.
Speaker 2: At Glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information. Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Coottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media. Dun dun