Speaker 1: I'm Honey Germy. My parents are Dominican. I was born and raised in New York City. I love sneakers and I'm a body positive advocate.
Speaker 2: I'm Carolina Bermudez Soy Nikara WinCE but I was born and raised in Ohio. I'm a wife, a mama, and a worker bee.
Speaker 1: This is life in Spanglish Buenos dias, Carolina.
Speaker 2: Well, baby, it's always a great day whenever I'm with you. So thank you, thank you for joining me today. By the way, I will say this, I got a listener DM, one of our listeners said that she totally appreciates what we're doing. I'm actually gonna look for the DM right now because I said to her, I was like, are you kidding me? Like you are the reason why we do this, Alejandra. She said that she just wanted to stop by to say how amazing the podcasts have been that she had finally had a chance to catch up. And that's like, honestly, your feedback, just your little comments here and there, when you guys hit that subscribe button, that is everything to us. Because seriously, we want to connect and we feel like we're doing that with you.
Speaker 3: So thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for taking the time, Alexandra to send some love our way. I wanted to tell you, honey. So that was like my my contribution for today.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to contribute a whole lot more than that, Carolina, but I'll take it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are we doing today, Karlena?
Speaker 1: I was dying to connect with you because we've touched on so many different topics in the past few years. I'm not gonna tell you what it is yet, but okay, and right. This man has been around for decades. When I was a young girl, he took the reggaeton industry by storm.
Speaker 3: He went away.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen him in a long time. I hear he's had some difficulties in life. But just like a couple of weeks ago, he's back. I'm like, Wow, Dago, he's back. He's back with new music. He's back with a new video. And then as I'm looking through the comments, people are like, oh he looks horrible. Oh he looks so old. Oh look at the gray hair. He says. Sign on. I'm like, what am I reading right now? Do you guys not understand who this man is? And right away I was like agism, Oh, boy. Yeah, it's a form of discrimination against not just older people, but even young people are experiencing now. But it just put me in a weird space because I'm like, do you not understand who this man is? He is an icon, he is a legend, he is making a comeback. But I kept seeing people talking about his looks, talking about his age. Mind you, Carolina, the man's voice is impeccable, livery crazy, and people are focusing on gray hairs, Like what has this world really come to when it comes to people age and just you know, just putting our talents to the side and focusing on if you had a couple of birthdays.
Speaker 3: Oh, why do you have to drop that load right now?
Speaker 2: Because I'm telling you this is something that we absolutely need to discuss and something that you mentioned which I want to touch on quickly. This isn't agism just for older people too, which is so interesting because we're finding agism and things that are affecting younger people even on TikTok, social media influencers, people in our industry, in the radio industry and the television industry.
Speaker 3: So okay, let's chop it up. First of all, I would say about de he is what some people would say. And this is just my opinion.
Speaker 2: I would say he's reached like godfather status, right or the right like the reggaeton community. You gotta acknowledge and give the legends their flowers. And that's what this guy is, Okay, So.
Speaker 3: Let's just put that out there. That's how I feel about him.
Speaker 2: So you want to minimize this person who is trying to do first of all, what they love, what their passion about, what they were made to do, and you want to stop them from going after it because they're a little bit older now they got like you said, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, what what is going on here?
Speaker 1: Just because Raw is here, just because Benito is here, just because Maluma is here, that does not mean that e La Vayalde doesn't have room to exist too.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree with that, but you know what, here's the thing. It's interesting that this is happening to a man. We typically see this with women, especially in the artistic industries, you know, models, if you're in the modeling industry, which by the way, neither of us are. But I will tell you know, I know there are limits. Basically if you are twenty six, twenty eight, you can pretty much kiss your career goodbye.
Speaker 3: You know, I think, like previously, like that's what was thought.
Speaker 2: Now we're seeing you know, Elon Musk's mother, Oh a resurgence, it writes, and she, I believe, is in her seventies, which is just so crazy. And I applaud that, and I think that that's exactly what we should be doing. We should be allowing each other to have these different phases of our lives, you know what I mean, Like there's a season for everything, there's a reason for everything.
Speaker 3: But this is infuriating to me.
Speaker 1: Age discrimination is real, Carolina. It's like we see it every day, don't know thea It's just it's a natural course of life. It's gonna happen. While I was so against it. I remember when it was a good fortune to live a long life. I suppose to now in some industries, Carlina, you know, I had someone come up to me that I work with and she was like, I feel like I'm getting old and I feel like people are cracking jokes about me. I said, how old are you? She said, I turned thirty already.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this should not be. When I first started in radio, I was a baby. I think I was twenty five years old, right, Oh, yeah, because I'm turning forty five. I have always been so. Back when I started in radio, which was, you know, two thousand and three, I think was when I first started, I was told by someone in the industry, a fellow woman, that I should never tell anybody my age. And I said, why, because I truly believe like you do, honey, like every day is a blessing. Like what you should celebrate your birthdays, You should celebrate every day, right, that whole mentality. She said no, because as you get older, you want to remain that young, youthful voice, especially in top forty radio, which is where I worked, you know, with zero one hundred and why one hundred. And I said, but I mean people can like look it up. I mean, it's not a secret when I was born. And she said, I would just suggest to you that you don't give anybody your age. She's like, I'm I'm telling you it's gonna work out better for you in your future. And I do appreciate that she was actually trying to give me one small nugget of advice, because truly, no women looked out for me when I was coming up in this industry, like I really did.
Speaker 3: Not have a woman mentor.
Speaker 2: But I did the opposite, and I embraced my age and I told everybody from the time that I started, because I was just like, that's not me, that's not who I am.
Speaker 3: And then I stayed.
Speaker 1: Fighting your age at twenty five, like how crazy would that be?
Speaker 3: Right? And also like, what am I going to do? Tell people I'm eighteen nineteen, Like that's not even believable because I went to college, Like that's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I live my life in truth, or I try to. And I said, nah, that's not for me. I don't care, so what like then fine, if my time is up, then my time is going to be up. But at least I'm being honest and honey, when I tell you that, there are so many women who have reached out to me and they say, girl, like you are doing it, like you're so honest, you're forty five. I am forty five and a mother in this industry, I only want people to know the truth about me, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, no, I don't want to have to keep up with a lie. I'm bad at math, Okay.
Speaker 1: Like I would tell this person I was. But even even with Latina's, it's always been a thing this is with that, Like it's just always been like a secretive type of thing that people have been ashamed of. But now it's just taking a different turn, Carolina, maybe because it's on social media. Like I was reading an article Bbi Rexa she's talking about she was told that she's too old to be sexy. Meanwhile, she's what thirty years old? Thirty four years old? Okay, Like who dictates how old you? When do you stop being quote unquote sexy?
Speaker 3: Okay, First of all, have you seen Bbi rex lately?
Speaker 2: I know, oh it's twenty twenty three and we are not judging and their bodies and their faces, but girl, she looks freaking amazing.
Speaker 3: She's got that body, YadA YadA. I love it. She's owning it. And it's like, you're going to.
Speaker 2: Tell Bbi Rexa that, in my opinion, this is just the beginning of your prime. Right, you know you're thirty years old. You're going to tell her that she needs to stop and not be sexy. And you know what, the same thing this actually brings up. Another point is said to a lot of mothers, Oh, when you.
Speaker 3: Have a kid, you can't be putting. You can't be doing this, you can't be How do you know how I feel?
Speaker 2: If I want to be sexy on a Wednesday and feel that way about myself and put up some pictures. Now I don't because I'm too self conscious and I'm not there mentally. But if other mothers want to do that, that's on them. You know what I'm saying, Like, who is anybody else to tell us when we should stop being Anything?
Speaker 1: That I never understood is like, Okay, I had a kid, so now can no longer have sex appeal? I can no longer you know how you think I got that kid exactly being a little hot ass? But Nah, the thing with they all got me thinking, and I was like, it's crazy how some people want others to cease to exist if they don't have a certain age that they want them Like even in even in radio, I've I've heard younger people. You know, I've mentored a lot of younger people I've had about.
Speaker 2: You have You're an incredible mentor you really that I'm sorry I do.
Speaker 3: I have to give you credit.
Speaker 2: You spend so much time bringing people up, and I mean this sincerely. I have watched, Honey, I see you in the hallways. I see what you do with the people who come to the digital team, and that show potential and problem.
Speaker 1: I likes my kids like I love them. And I've had about thirty probably different interns that I've mentored, Toad worked with and Krolina. I've heard some of them say, oh, well, it's time for a newer generation, Like, oh, well, you know, enough is enough. You know certain people need to go home, And I'm like, absolutely not. You think somebody who's been working twenty years is just going to go home because a seventeen and an eighteen year old says they need to go home and die. No, absolutely no, And that's agism right there. Oh well, that's enough for them, go home. Let other people have a turn.
Speaker 2: Why Okay, wait, you know what, I want to dive into this a little bit more, and we're going to discuss the radio industry. But also I want to bring up a point that really applies to everybody, and we'll do it right after this. So, Honey, you need to tell me that some of these young tenders that are coming in fresh out of school are saying that the legends in radio need to wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've heard it. I have probably like ten different people in my that I've seen come in as a young intern or young employee and look around the room and look around different radio stations and be like, this person needs to go. That person, we've had enough of them. This person overstated there welcome. Oh no, and we need a new XYZ. Their time is up. And I'm like, absolutely not. You think I'm gonna work this hard to then leave when an intern.
Speaker 2: Comes Well, no, wait, do you think let me ask you this. Do you think it's immaturity on their part or because I that might be it. Because I feel like there's two things happening here. Number one, I think that there is an inflated sense of ego. If you really think that you can sit in a chair or somebody Yeah, no, I know. And I'm not saying that to be you know, like not in a derogatory way or me.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying, if it took this person ten, fifteen, twenty years to get to this chair or this position or this title, what makes you think that you in your last semester of college can fill their shoes.
Speaker 3: Right, I think that that's so.
Speaker 2: I feel like there might be a little bit of you know, immaturity, inflated sense of ego, and perhaps maybe they don't have the scope or their view of the world like that's been established yet.
Speaker 3: Do you understand what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because it's like I'm a realist, Okay, I can tell you right now that there is no way that I would ever be able to sit in a chair where I am now when I was twenty five. Even so I think that that might have something to do with it. Now, I will say in our industry, radio has been kind to older men. Radio is not kind to older females. So the older females who have made it to this stage of their career where they're celebrating twenty thirty, I don't know many people who have been celebrating forty years in radio that are women. So I think that you know, you look in Boston, there was a guy who just retired in his seventies. You know, you can look anywhere across the country. He was at a top forty station in his seventies. Now, for those of you guys who don't know, let me give you a little back. You know, history here Top forty radio is typically you know, skewed to females eighteen to thirty four years old. So you need to tell me that a seventy year old man, okay, that had has been doing this for years and years and years, has the capability to stay in that chair, But you won't afford that to a woman.
Speaker 3: I think the times do need to change, okay, but I.
Speaker 2: Also think that we need to allow people to have the freedom and the ability to use their skills until they say their time is up.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Carolina. Nobody wanted Frank Sinatra to stop singing this. I feel like this man used his voice, which was his talent. It was you know, it was his looks at one point, but overall, Frank Sinatra's voice was what carried him through life. Like, who are we to say, oh, Frank Sinatra's fifty go home. We don't want to hear you anymore.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, babe, babe, I'm gonna give you one more. I'm gonna I'm gonna go one further than you.
Speaker 3: Okay, blow my mind. Go ahead, Tony freaking Bennett, Oh my god, Tony Bennett.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now you want to talk about Frank Sinatra. Tony Bennett is ninety six years old and is creating art with Lady Gaga and Ed Sharon or did you oh know Ed Shearon? I'm not sure if Ed Sharon did something with him, who was it? I'm thinking Ed Sharon did something with Andrea Bachelli. Sorry my bad, but no, you know, I mean Tony Bennett is still creating with artists that are contemporary artists. And you mean to tell me somebody's gonna go to Tony Bennett and be like, hey, bro, time to wrap it. No, he's a legend. He's gonna do what he does.
Speaker 1: I love this. Let's talk Dolly Parton, Carolina.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can't do this to me.
Speaker 2: No, honey, we can't talk about Dolly Parton because you don't know the love, the deep, deep love that I have in my soul for Dolly Parton. Then you guys have no idea how much I care about this woman. I feel like she's a national treasure. I want to bubble wrap her. I don't want anybody to even look at her the wrong way. No, my Dolly is a jem. But go ahead, honey, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know I was reading I was reading up on agism in all different areas, and I stumble the current across this quote that Dolly Parton said. You know, she said, after you reach a certain age, they think you're over. Well, I will never be over. I will be making records if I have to sell them out of the trunk of my car. I've done that in the past, and I'll do it again. She's like, hell no, I'm seventy something years old, and I ain't gonna stop singing because you say so.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. And here's another thing. Look at Dolly. She is creating new music with her god daughter Miley Cyrus. She's creating new music with other country artists in Nashville. She is, and by the way, how do we not learn or I'm sorry, no, let me rephrase that. How do we learn if we don't learn from the legends?
Speaker 3: Right? You know? If you think about it.
Speaker 2: And we have a friend she's from Japan, and she said, she's like, we got it twisted.
Speaker 3: Here in Japan. Your elders live with you.
Speaker 2: Your elders not only are you taking care of them, but they're taking care of your kids. And you're all a part of this. And listen, it's not. I think culturally it's difficult for a lot of different people to have that happen in their home. And I know there's personalities and things like that. I get that, But what she was saying is who better to teach your children your parents? And I said her, I was like, you know what, You're absolutely right, and I get the village. It takes a village and everything. But what she was saying is there are life lessons that my parents lived through that I can't tell my kids. But you know what, just being around them will give them the exposure that they need in order to make them good people, in order to keep them learning. And it also keeps the elders young by being around the younger people, do you see what I mean? So, by Dolly and by Tony Bennett creating and collaborating with these new artists, it isn't about them trying to stay relevant either. It keeps them young, It gives them the fulfillment that they need.
Speaker 1: The problem is a lot of younger people they don't believe in ogs. You know how we got our ogs and we respect them. And you're like, I kissed the ring. I'll never speak ill about this person and this person right, your trailblazer open up the doors that wouldn't be here without them. I feel like as generations come up, that's disappearing. I have people Carolina that I would never in my life speak ill of, distrispect because of who they are and what they created. And there are trail blazers in the area that I existed now when I can only exist there because of them. But in an area in an era of well, I'm popping because as a TikTok, nobody did not inform me. It's disappearing. And you know what, we got to force it on them. You better respect who came before you.
Speaker 3: Well two things about that.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we had International Women's Day and I was sitting on a panel with Daniel Manero, Maria Maliedo, Crystal Roasace, and Angie Martinez. The first thing I believe that I said was I always always admired Angie. I never met her before. You know, I never really knew her before she came over to work with us at iHeart, But when I tell you it, I'm humble enough to always give her her flowers because if it weren't for an Angie Martinez in afternoon Drive. Previously at Hot ninety seven I used to listen to her and study her because I wanted to do this.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be great, I wanted to be successful, and I looked at her as the model.
Speaker 2: You know what it is now people have too much ego and they're like, nah, she ain't popping, she ain't this, she ain't.
Speaker 3: That, And it's like no, no, no, no, no, sorry, sweeties, you better take that.
Speaker 2: Gave two seats because you don't know what she went through to get to the point where she is today. You know the ageism thing to me and I'm sorry, I'm so fired up and I can't believe like that you didn't tell me that we were going to do this because I love this, this whole thing. It is so important to me, especially as a Latina. And you know what, we're going to get into this part because I want to tell you about a situation that recently just happened, and we'll do that right after this break. So, honey, we were talking about how this actually affects, you know, not only women, I mean women as a whole and are just entirely we face agism in our careers. You know, in relationships, you know, there's a lot of people who get divorced and trade out a wife for a younger one, you know, a tighter one, a different model. But what I will say is, as latinas in this industry, I'm very taken aback by some of the responses that I have heard. Now, I recently got to sit down with Jennifer Lopez, not once, but twice.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: She had that new movie coming out called The Mother. It's out you guys can see it now. And I had the opportunity to sit down with Jennifer and interview her for two different outlets.
Speaker 3: And when I.
Speaker 2: Tell you, the level of respect that I have for this woman is off the charts, immeasurable. And it's not because I'm a super fan or I'm fan girling. It is because of the obstacles that this woman has had to overcome in order to get to where she is and stay there. Okay, when I posted something about her, you know, people are like, oh, she's she's looking like she's getting up there, Jaylo.
Speaker 3: Yes, people need to stop.
Speaker 2: Yes, And when I tell you, I am so offended by that because, first of all, she takes impeccable care of her.
Speaker 3: She's The way that she takes care of herself is just remarkable. But also it's just like, she's fifty plus. Now, are you freaking kidding me? If you if you look at the women in this country at fifty plus, like you you need to tell me if you do.
Speaker 1: Like the women in this country at thirty something.
Speaker 3: But right, right, And that's but also it's infuriating to me because it's like, also, why are we comparing anyone? Let her be, let her create, let her.
Speaker 2: Continue to bust down those doors for the rest of us.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: She's fifty three and a couple of weeks ago, the Megala went down and I saw a video of her. You know those videos where people spin or whatever, like E News loves to do that. Oh yes, yeah they do, Yeah, okay, video. There's no photoshop, there's no filtering, there's no editing. She was divined, her skin, her smile, Like, why would you want j Loo to go anywhere when at fifty three she is in the prime of her career. Carolina. She when I went to Super Bowl before the pandemic, I saw this woman perform. Wow, I was blown away. She not going nowhere. I want her to be just like Dolly part in a seventy one still kicking doors down.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The other thing that was infuriating to me when I was looking at the comments. People don't know that her production company actually was the company that went to Netflix. Netflix partnered with her production companies. So not only is she starring in not only is she pushing her own boundaries and getting into a different kind of role, a different kind of character that she has ever done.
Speaker 3: Before, but Homie is producing this on the back end. Okay, Like That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And it's just like, are we seriously going to sit here and minimize people for following their dreams and continuing to be passionate about things. So now, because she's fifty three and she's made millions of dollars, she's just supposed to go to her estate and just be sipping on champagne with Ben.
Speaker 3: She can't continue to create.
Speaker 1: Look at ninety one years old, hell.
Speaker 2: Still working on sitcoms. But you know what, though, I have to do. I have to say that's Soka. I'm telling you right now, we do not stop. I think there's something in our blood we go for it and we continue to go for it now.
Speaker 3: Switching gears because I do.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, I know I went off because like, do not touch Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 1: First of all, the fact that you were just talking about I was sitting across from table, that alone deserves a damn episode in its entire time.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I'll tell you after we get off of this episode, I'll tell you everything. And I just like, I soaked up every ounce of energy. She was so kind, like give me a jujus. I'm like, I'm like, so, babe, how can we partner up with this production company?
Speaker 3: Why don't you get my why don't you give me my talk show?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like, but I do want to switch gears here and talk about something that is very personal to me, and I think that it could be very helpful to people who may feel like they are burnt out or they're drained, or like maybe people think that like your time is up, that you need to move on. No, no, no, whatever. You know, my father is eighty years old this year.
Speaker 3: Eighty honey. He's gonna be happy, my papa, and he still works.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I've told you guys, he's tried to retire three times.
Speaker 3: He drove my mother crazy.
Speaker 2: My mom was like, moiema, you know, like she just he is a worker.
Speaker 3: Bee.
Speaker 2: We have been talking about my father and the amount of work that he puts in and the reason why he does it.
Speaker 3: And he says, guys, it keeps me sharp.
Speaker 2: And the research is there, The science is there people who stop working and don't continue something. You know, your brain, it's a muscle. You got to exercise it. And by the way, I'm not a doctor. I don't know if it's a muscle. Can somebody verify that?
Speaker 3: Pa it is okay. But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: You know, having this conversation with my father because here as a family, we're concerned for him. We want him to slow down, and he's like, I'm not slowing down. When I slowed down, that's it. I gotta keep moving. My brain still works, I'm still aware. I'm cognizant. I'm physically healthy.
Speaker 3: He really is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope that I got my dad's jeans because he.
Speaker 1: Is like, on it, right, I would to get five. Don you got your dad's jeans. I would to get five. That's so whoever want to see Carolina disappear. She got another forty years left.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that's right, baby, and they're gonna have to wheel me out. But but you know what.
Speaker 2: Then I started talking to him and I said, Daddy, you know what, you're so right, you know? And he said he told me. He said, eh, then okay. You know, he's like, you've got to keep training your brain. Do things, challenge yourself. Don't be afraid to like take chances. You know, he's like, every day, you know what, be athletic. Do something athletic. And then we started discussing you know, obviously we know like Suitku, crossword puzzles, you know, things like that. You go to the New York Times. You can get those for free, by the way, But he said, you know, we were talking about it because I have a ping pong table at my house. And he's like, do you know research says that if you do you play table tennis, it's fast, you keep up your hand eye coordination. It works a part of your brain. I think he said, like the Sarahbellum or something. He said, it works a part of your brain. You got to keep working your brain out because that is what is going to keep you young. That is what is going to motivate you to keep on going. He's like, you want to be around, and he's like, I want to be around as long as you know, God lets me be.
Speaker 3: But that's where I feel like, it's like that puts things in perspective for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, here's an eighty year old man where most people talking about agism. Oh, he's an old doctor. He has old methods, he has this. My dad is doing telehealth, which when he first started out in medicine that didn't even exist.
Speaker 3: He is seeing.
Speaker 2: Patients still one on one. I mean he is doing the thing, honey. And that's what I'm saying. It's like we cannot discard people just because they're not within that sweet spot of an age range.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm talking entirely too much.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're good. It's crazy because when it comes to picking doctors, maybe I am being ages. I prefer an older doctor. I don't want a young doctor. I need for him to be knowledgeable a season. I would love your dad to be my doctor because I'm like, you don't see some things. Meanwhile, a thirty year old doctor, but like you know, what you're looking at right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, no, you know what, that's like the whole reason why we're talking about.
Speaker 1: It exactly right.
Speaker 3: But you know what, maybe it's something for us to be aware of.
Speaker 2: Maybe you were never aware of that before, and like you just had this you know, light bulb moment and.
Speaker 1: Now, and it happens to young people. Look at me, I say, I prefer an older doctor. I was reading an article and it was like a twenty two year old pilot and she says she experiences you know, agism all day long because people are like, oh, you're twenty two and you're a pilot. They question her, they question her abilities. They're not even looking at like, wow, you're a pilot at twenty two. People are just doubtful about her her abilities and whether or not she can even fly a plane. Agism just aimed at a different age bracket.
Speaker 2: Right, And you know, earlier in the show, I told you how this is even affecting people who are like, well, I mean, listen, we've got to all embrace this. Social influencer is considered a career like this is where were her in life?
Speaker 3: Like this is true?
Speaker 2: You know, and I was seeing things on about these TikTok creators and how when and almost like modeling, honey, that when they reach a certain age, you know, twenty twenty eight. I think it was like between twenty six and twenty eight. That's why that number is sticking out to me that now they're like, oh, I've aged out. I can't be doing this anymore. So now they have to come up with something else, And how sol.
Speaker 1: Might I know, I swear to that is insane. Wasn't this for the younger j Okay? So you gotta be young, but you can't be getting towards the thirties. I don't know. I'm just so confused right now, because I still thought twenty five was young. But like I said, this person that we work with told me they were feeling old because they were going to turn thirty and people are starting to make jokes about them being old, and I'm like, thirties old.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I don't believe in that at all. You can be fifty years old and be young. You can be you know what I mean. You can be twenty years old and be young, but you could also be sixty and have a young youthful outlook on life.
Speaker 3: That to me is just so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But you know, the TikTok thing, what I was what I thought was interesting is like now some of these influencers who people have been following, now they're trying to reinvent themselves in ways so that they can continue on the platform and to continue to be social media creators that they're like, now I'm going to be Now I'm going to be a mo influencer. And so they're having babies and then it's like, now I'm gonna have another baby, so now I have more content.
Speaker 3: To post and more things post.
Speaker 1: And it's just like they got a movement to different areas of life. I get, I guess new achievements and like, now you mentioned TikTok, and I know a lot of people that are like, I'm too old for TikTok. I don't go on TikTok. I don't use TikTok. It's for the kids.
Speaker 3: It's me, Hi, it's the problem, it's me.
Speaker 1: It's just becomes so prevalent, like everybody's so hyper aware now of age and what you can do at what age. Let's just live, folks, because be that I'm gonna TikTok. I don't know who they care.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: I think for me, it's hard for me to wrap my brain around it just because like I have so many other things going on. Oh well, I can't even I don't even have Instagram figured out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's like to add something else.
Speaker 1: It's a whole job make It can take hours. Oh for sure, for sure you have that you don't have the bandwidth to add TikTok influencer onto your daily activity.
Speaker 2: I truly don't unless I have an assistant or something, which that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Happen unless you give up the kids, right.
Speaker 3: And that is not happening, not my babies.
Speaker 2: But I feel like we can definitely wrap this up by saying, there are so many things that we discuss openly. Racism, sexism, Agism is something.
Speaker 3: That people are afraid to talk about.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But if you look at big corporations, if you look at the CEOs and the CFOs of these corporations, they have the ability to get into their seventies and their eighties, and they have the ability to run these multi billion dollar industries until they're ready to give it up. So don't ever think that you have to give up something because somebody says you're past your prime.
Speaker 3: Boom, I said it.
Speaker 1: Look at your president Biden. Yeah, here like eighty seven years old, talk about he's gonna run again.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we don't talk about politics on this show, but yeah, you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Living his best life being a president in his eighties. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people, I mean, that's that's actually part of the discussion, you know. I mean where they've been talking about it in politics, you know about should we have like age limits.
Speaker 3: Should we have I mean, there we go. It's a part of the discussion.
Speaker 2: So you know what if there if there's ever anything that I feel like we do here, it's that we have the freedom to just speak to each other about these I am so grateful that you brought this to the podcast today.
Speaker 1: For real, I just want people to be a little bit more aware of this because I feel like it's so ingrained in a culture that we don't even notice we're doing it. But if you hear this conversation when you're gonna do it, you might be more aware and backpedal a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Well, and you know what. Tell us your thoughts on this. Have you ever faced this type of discrimination, like, have you encountered this at your workplace? Because I'm positive it can't just be in one industry, you know, I feel like it's everywhere. So we would love to continue the discussion. Make sure you join me. Actually, you can follow me on Instagram. It's really the only one that I check. I'm at the Real Carolina.
Speaker 1: Ring me up on a gram I am Honey German. Leave your comments, you know, wherever you review your podcast, wherever you gave us those five stars, go back drop a comment. We love reading those two.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and join us next week for another episode. Until then, have a great week, everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey. Lifence Banglish is a production of Life Pence Banglish Productions in partnership with Iheart's Micro through that Podcast Network.